Citations for "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries"
by Frank Ellis
- World Bank, 2005. "Ethiopia : Well-Being and Poverty in Ethiopia, The Role of Agriculture and Agency," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8707, The World Bank.
- Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank, 2002. "Do farmers chooseto be inefficient? evidence from Bicol, Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2787, The World Bank.
- Wendy Olsen, 2005.
"Pluralism, Poverty and Sharecropping: Cultivating Open-Mindedness in Development Studies,"
Economics Series Working Papers
GPRG-WPS-008, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Wendy Olsen, 2006. "Pluralism, poverty and sharecropping: Cultivating open-mindedness in development studies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 1130-1157.
- Kolikow, Steven & Kragt, Marit Ellen & Mugera, Amin W., 2012. "An interdisciplinary framework of limits and barriers to climate change adaptation in agriculture," Working Papers 120467, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Anirudh Krishna, 2005. "Poverty Knowledge and Poverty Action: Evidence from Three States in India," Working Papers id:274, eSocialSciences.
- Oparinde, Adewale & Birol, Ekin, 2011. "Farm households' preference for cash-based compensation versus livelihood-enhancing programs: A choice experiment to inform avian flu compensation policy in Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1072, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fritzsch, Jana, 2011. "A Composite Fuzzy Indicator for Assessing Farm Household Potential for Non-farm Income Diversification," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114349, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- M. Motsholapheko & D. Kgathi & C. Vanderpost, 2015. "An assessment of adaptation planning for flood variability in the Okavango Delta, Botswana," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 221-239, February.
- Munshi Sulaiman & Mehnaz Rabbani & Vivek A. Prakash, 2010. "Impact Assessment of CFPR/TUP: A Descriptive Analysis Based on 2002-2005 Panel Data," Working Papers id:2567, eSocialSciences.
- Lay, Jann & Schüler, Dana, 2008.
"Income Diversification and Poverty in a Growing Agricultural Economy: The Case of Ghana,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
39907, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lay, Jann & Schüler, Dana, 2008. "Income Diversification and Poverty in a Growing Agricultural Economy: The Case of Ghana," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 39, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Anne Booth, 2002. "The Changing Role Of Non-Farm Activities In Agricultural Households In Indonesia: Some Insights From The Agricultural Censuses," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 179-200.
- Ayele, Gezahegne & Birol, Ekin & Diao, Xinshen & Asare-Marfo, Dorene & Roy, Devesh & Thomas, Marcelle, 2010. "Investigating economywide and household-level impacts of sector-specific shocks in a poor country: The case of avian flu in Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 1034, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Saravia Matus, Silvia L. & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2014. "Farm viability of (semi)subsistence smallholders in Sierra Leone," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(3), August.
- Lay, Jann & M'Mukaria, George Michuki & Omar Mahmoud, Toman, 2007.
"Boda-bodas rule: Non-agricultural activities and their inequality implications in Western Kenya,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
6543, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lay, Jann & M'Mukaria, George Michuki & Omar Mahmoud, Toman, 2007. "Boda-bodas rule: Non-agricultural activities and their inequality implications in Western Kenya," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 20, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Jann Lay & George Michuki M’Mukaria & Toman Omar Mahmoud, 2007. "Boda-bodas Rule: Non-agricultural Activities and Their Inequality Implications in Western Kenya," GIGA Working Paper Series 48, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Jann Lay & George Michuki M'Mukaria & Toman Omar Mahmoud, 2007. "Boda Bodas Rule: Non-agricultural Activities and Their Inequality Implications in Western Kenya," Kiel Working Papers 1314, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bezuneh, Mesfin & Clay, Daniel C. & Reardon, Thomas, 2001.
"Heterogeneous Contraints, Incentives, and Income Diversification Strategies in Rural Africa,"
179567, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bezuneh, Mesfin & Clay, Daniel C. & Reardon, Thomas, 2001. "Heterogeneous Constraints, Incentives And Income Diversification Strategies In Rural Africa," Working Papers 14761, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Johny, Judit & Wichmann, Bruno & Swallow, Brent, 2014. "Role of Social Networks in Diversification o Income Sources in Rural India," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170357, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Winters, Paul C. & Corral, Leonardo & Gordillo, Gustavo, 2001. "Rural Livelihood Strategies and Social Capital in Latin America: Implications for Rural Development Projects," Working Papers 12947, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Cornet, Candice, 2015. "Tourism development and resistance in China," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 29-43.
- Hari Ram Lohano, 2009. "Poverty Dynamics in Rural Sindh, Pakistan," Working Papers id:2334, eSocialSciences.
- Tran Quang, Tuyen, 2014. "Determinants of nonfarm participation among ethnic minorities in the Northwest Mountains, Vietnam," MPRA Paper 59158, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Oct 2014.
- Jonathan Kydd & Andrew Dorward & Jamie Morrison & Georg Cadisch, 2004.
"Agricultural development and pro-poor economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa: potential and policy,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 37-57.
- Kydd, Jonathan & Dorward, Andrew & Morrison, Jamie & Cadisch, Georg, 2002. "Agricultural Development And Pro Poor Economic Growth In Sub Saharan Africa: Potential And Policy," ADU Working Papers 10920, Imperial College at Wye, Department of Agricultural Sciences.
- Narayan C Das & Farzana A Misha, 2010. "Addressing Extreme Poverty in a Sustainable Manner: Evidence from CFPR programme," Working Papers id:2723, eSocialSciences.
- Lykke E. Andersen & Anna Sophia Doyle & Dorte Verner & Manfred Wiebelt, 2014. "Gender, Ethnicity and Climate Change in Mexico: An analysis of vulnerability and resilience based on household surveys," Development Research Working Paper Series 07/2014, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Robinson, Lance W. & Ericksen, Polly J. & Chesterman, Sabrina & Worden, Jeffrey S., 2015. "Sustainable intensification in drylands: What resilience and vulnerability can tell us," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 133-140.
- Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin & Corral, Leonardo, 2002. "Assets, activities and income generation in rural Mexico: factoring in social and public capital," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(2), August.
- Baird, Timothy D. & Gray, Clark L., 2014. "Livelihood Diversification and Shifting Social Networks of Exchange: A Social Network Transition?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 14-30.
- Tesfaye, Yemiru & Roos, Anders & Campbell, Bruce M. & Bohlin, Folke, 2011. "Livelihood strategies and the role of forest income in participatory-managed forests of Dodola area in the bale highlands, southern Ethiopia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 258-265, April.
- Padrón, Benigno Rodríguez & Burger, Kees, 2015. "Diversification and Labor Market Effects of the Mexican Coffee Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 19-29.
- R. Ramakumar, 2006. "Coping with Risk or Courting More Risk?report on changing rural livelihoods during agrarian distress in Kerala," Working Papers id:442, eSocialSciences.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2010. "Internal migration and rural service provision in northern Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 952, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pacín, Fernando & Oesterheld, Martín, 2014. "In-farm diversity stabilizes return on capital in Argentine agro-ecosystems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 51-59.
- Koirala, Krishna H. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Mehlhorn, Joey, 2014. "Using Copula to Test Dependency between Energy and Agricultural Commodities," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170364, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tapas Kumar Sarangi, 2014. "Legalising Rights through Implementation of Forest Rights Act 2006: A Critical Review on Odisha and Jharkhand," Working Papers id:5800, eSocialSciences.
- Tim Forsyth & Natalie Evans, 2013. "What is autonomous adaption? Resource scarcity and smallholder agency in Thailand," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45412, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lay, Jann & Mahmoud, Toman Omar & M'Mukaria, George Michuki, 2008. "Few Opportunities, Much Desperation: The Dichotomy of Non-Agricultural Activities and Inequality in Western Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2713-2732, December.
- Oparinde, Adewale & Hodge, Ian, 2011. "Building livelihood resilience: a case study of factors affecting farm households’ adoption of coping and adaptive strategies in rural Nigeria," MPRA Paper 39162, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Traikova, Diana & Mollers, Judith & Buchenrieder, Gertrud, 2012. "How Farmers Become Entrepreneurs - Prenatal Diagnostic of Rural Firms in Bulgaria," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126816, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Korir, Luke Kipkurgat, 2011. "Risk Management Among Agricultural Households And The Role Of Off-Farm Investments In Uasin Gishu County, Kenya," Research Theses 117806, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- William Seitz & D La Torre, 2014.
"Modelling Investment Optimization on Smallholder Farms through Multi-criteria Decision Approaches: An Example from Ethiopia,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2014-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- W. Seitz & D. La Torre, 2014. "Modelling Investment Optimization on Smallholder Farms through Multi-criteria Decision Approaches: An Example from Ethiopia," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2014-06, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Lorenzen, Kai & Smith, Laurence & Nguyen-Khoa, Sophie & Burton, Martin & Garaway, Caroline, 2007. "Management of impacts of irrigation development on fisheries: guidance manual," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 137956.
- Burke, Marshall & Gong, Erick & Jones, Kelly M., 2013.
"Income Shocks and HIV in Africa,"
55392, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eakin, Hallie & Appendini, Kirsten & Sweeney, Stuart & Perales, Hugo, 2015. "Correlates of Maize Land and Livelihood Change Among Maize Farming Households in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 78-91.
- Luc Dossa & Barbara Rischkowsky & Regina Birner & Clemens Wollny, 2008. "Socio-economic determinants of keeping goats and sheep by rural people in southern Benin," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 581-592, December.
- Pienkowski, Thomas & Williams, Sophie & McLaren, Kurt & Wilson, Byron & Hockley, Neal, 2015. "Alien invasions and livelihoods: Economic benefits of invasive Australian Red Claw crayfish in Jamaica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 68-77.
- V Ratna Reddy & M. Gopinath Reddy & Y. V. Malla Reddy & John Soussan, 2008. "Sustaining Rural Livelihoods in Fragile Environments : Resource Endowments or Policy Interventions? (A Study in the Context of Participatory Watershed Development in AP)," Working Papers id:1750, eSocialSciences.
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi S. Imai, 2010.
"Vulnerability and poverty in Bangladesh,"
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi Imai, 2009. "Vulnerability and Poverty in Bangladesh," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0905, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi S. Imai, 2009. "Vulnerability and Poverty in Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2009-02, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Javorcik, Beata S., 2014.
"Does FDI bring good jobs to host countries ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6936, The World Bank.
- K.N. Nair & R Ramakumar, 2008. "Agrarian Distress and Rural Livelihoods A Study in Upputhara Panchayat Idukki District, Kerala," Working Papers id:1321, eSocialSciences.
- Li, Luping, 2009. "Household Income Dynamics in Rural China," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51561, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T., 2012.
"Does the Nonfarm Economy Offer Pathways for Upward Mobility? Evidence from a Panel Data Study in Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1634-1646.
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T., 2010. "Does the nonfarm economy offer pathways for upward mobility? Evidence from a panel data study in Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 35754, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Brugere, Cecile & Lingard, John, 2003. "Irrigation deficits and farmers' vulnerability in Southern India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 65-88, July.
- Tuyen, Tran Quang, 2013. "Farmland and peri-urban livelihoods in Hanoi, Vietnam: evidence from household survey data," MPRA Paper 60847, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2014.
- Arnim Scheidel & Katharine Farrell & Jesús Ramos-Martin & Mario Giampietro & Kozo Mayumi, 2014. "Land poverty and emerging ruralities in Cambodia: insights from Kampot province," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 823-840, August.
- Abdulai, Awudu & CroleRees, Anna, 2001. "Determinants of income diversification amongst rural households in Southern Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 437-452, August.
- Bardasi, Elena & Wodon, Quentin, 2006. "Poverty Reduction from Full Employment: A Time Use Approach," MPRA Paper 11084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geheb, Kim & Mapedza, Everisto, 2008. "The political ecologies of bright spots," IWMI Books, Reports H041593, International Water Management Institute.
- Rodić, Vesna & Bošnjak, Danica & Janković, Dejan & Karapandžin, Jelena, 2013. "Demographic Characteristics Of Rural Populations In Vojvodina As A Factor Of Rural Economy Diversification," 50th Anniversary Seminar, Agriculture and Rural Development: Challenges of Transition and Integration Processes, September 27, 2013 161797, University of Belgrade, Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture.
- Francis, John & Mukherji, Ananda & Mukherji, Jyotsna, 2009. "Examining relational and resource influences on the performance of border region SMEs," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 331-343, August.
- Mya Sherman & James Ford & Alejandro Llanos-Cuentas & María Valdivia & Alejandra Bussalleu, 2015. "Vulnerability and adaptive capacity of community food systems in the Peruvian Amazon: a case study from Panaillo," Natural Hazards, International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 77(3), pages 2049-2079, July.
- Tanui, Joseph & Groeneveld, Rolf & Klomp, Jeroen & Mowo, Jeremiahs & Ierland, Ekko C. van, 2013. "Explaining investments in sustainable land management: The role of various income sources in the smallholder farming systems of western Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161275, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Bezu, Sosina & Holden, Stein, 2014. "Are Rural Youth in Ethiopia Abandoning Agriculture?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 259-272.
- repec:zbw:ifwkie:4250 is not listed on IDEAS
- Traikova, Diana, 2013. "Determinants of non-farm entrepreneurial intentions in a transitional context: Evidence from rural Bulgaria," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 72, number 72.
- M Yamin, 2014. "Rice Farmer’S Household Strategy Using Sustainability Livelihood Concept In Order To Face The Ecological Disaster Of Flood As A Impact Of Global Climate Change In Indonesia," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0702421, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Mujawamariya, Gaudiose & Karimov, Aziz A., 2014. "Importance of socio-economic factors in the collection of NTFPs: The case of gum arabic in Kenya," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 24-29.
- Stein Kristiansen, 2003. "Linkages and Rural Non-Farm Employment Creation: Changing Challenges and Policies in Indonesia," Working Papers 03-22, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Stein Kristiansen, 2003. "Information Asymmetry and Economic Concentration: The case of hens and eggs in eastern Indonesia," Working Papers 03-21, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Swallow, B. & Onyango, L. & Meinzen-Dick, R. & Holl, N., 2005. "Dynamics of poverty, livelihoods and property rights in the Lower Nyando Basin of Kenya," IWMI Books, Reports H038752, International Water Management Institute.
- Belcher, Brian & Achdiawan, Ramadhani & Dewi, Sonya, 2015. "Forest-Based Livelihoods Strategies Conditioned by Market Remoteness and Forest Proximity in Jharkhand, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 269-279.
- Porro, Roberto & Lopez-Feldman, Alejandro & Vela-Alvarado, Jorge W., 2015. "Forest use and agriculture in Ucayali, Peru: Livelihood strategies, poverty and wealth in an Amazon frontier," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 47-56.
- Tilman Brück, 2004.
"The Welfare Effects of Farm Household Activity Choices in Post-War Mozambique,"
HiCN Working Papers
04, Households in Conflict Network.
- Tilman Brück, 2004. "The Welfare Effects of Farm Household Activity Choices in Post-War Mozambique," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 413, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Wodon, Quentin & Beegle, Kathleen, 2006. "Labor Shortages Despite Underemployment? Seasonality in Time Use in Malawi," MPRA Paper 11083, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vineetha Menon & Antonyto Paul & K.N. Nair, 2008. "Livelihood Risks and Coping Strategies: A Case Study in the Agrarian Village Of Cherumad, Kerala," Working Papers id:1376, eSocialSciences.
- Muriithi, Beatrice & Matz, Julia Anna, 2014.
"Smallholder Participation in the Commercialisation of Vegetables: Evidence from Kenyan Panel Data,"
164665, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna, 0. "Smallholder Participation in the Commercialisation of Vegetables: Evidence from Kenyan Panel Data," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 53.
- Shili Guo & Shaoquan Liu & Li Peng & Haiming Wang, 2014. "The impact of severe natural disasters on the livelihoods of farmers in mountainous areas: a case study of Qingping Township, Mianzhu City," Natural Hazards, International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 73(3), pages 1679-1696, September.
- Forsyth, Tim & Evans, Natalie, 2013. "What is Autonomous Adaption? Resource Scarcity and Smallholder Agency in Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 56-66.
- Wendy Olsen, 2008. "Pluralism, Tenancy and Poverty: Cultivating Open-Mindedness in Poverty Studies," Working Papers id:1684, eSocialSciences.
- Drafor, Ivy & Kunze, Dagmar & Sarpong, Daniel Bruce, 2013. "Food Security: How Rural Ghanaian Households Respond to Food Shortages in Lean Season," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 2(4), July.
- Md. Islam & Susannah Sallu & Klaus Hubacek & Jouni Paavola, 2014. "Migrating to tackle climate variability and change? Insights from coastal fishing communities in Bangladesh," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 124(4), pages 733-746, June.
- Campbell, J. & Whittingham, E. & Townsley, P., 2006. "Responding to coastal poverty: should we be doing things differently or doing different things?," IWMI Books, Reports H039122, International Water Management Institute.
- Bethelhem Debela & Gerald Shively & Arild Angelsen & Mette Wik, 2012. "Economic Shocks, Diversification, and Forest Use in Uganda," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(1), pages 139-154.
- Munshi Sulaiman & Farhad Ameen, 2007. "Social Capital and Economic Well-being," Working Papers id:984, eSocialSciences.
- Ali Oumer & Andreas de Neergaard, 2011. "Understanding livelihood strategy-poverty links: empirical evidence from central highlands of Ethiopia," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 547-564, June.
- Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Duponchel, Marguerite, 2014. "Credit constraints, agricultural productivity, and rural nonfarm participation : evidence from Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6769, The World Bank.
- Indra Tudawe, 2009. "Chronic Poverty and Development Policy in Sri Lanka: Overview Study," Working Papers id:2213, eSocialSciences.
- Nitya Rao, 2006. "Womenâ€™s Right To Land, Assets, And Other Productive Resources: Its Impact On Gender Relations And Increased Productivity," Working Papers id:767, eSocialSciences.
- Junior Davis, 2005. "The rural non-farm economy, Livelihoods and their," Development and Comp Systems 0510016, EconWPA.
- Junior Davis & Dirk Bezemer, 2005. "Key emerging and conceptual issues in the development of the rural non-farm economy in developing countries and transition economies," Development and Comp Systems 0510017, EconWPA.
- Deep Narayan Pandey, 2005. "Multifunctional Agroforestry Systems In India For Livelihoods: Current Knowledge And Future Challenges," Working Papers id:204, eSocialSciences.