A novel approach to dynamic livelihood clustering: Empirical evidence from Nepal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jing You, 2014. "Poverty dynamics in rural China revisited: do assets matter?," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 322-340, December.
- Karan Singh THAGUNNA & Saujanya ACHARYA, 2013. "Empirical Analysis of Remittance Inflow: The Case of Nepal," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(2), pages 337-344.
- Frank Ellis & H Ade Freeman, 2004. "Rural Livelihoods and Poverty Reduction Strategies in Four African Countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 1-30.
- Krishna, Anirudh, 2006. "Pathways out of and into poverty in 36 villages of Andhra Pradesh, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 271-288, February.
- Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Azzarri, Carlo & Stamoulis, Kostas, 2009. "Assets, Activities and Rural Income Generation: Evidence from a Multicountry Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1435-1452, September.
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302, May.
- Wassie Berhanu & David Colman & Bichaka Fayissa, 2007.
"Diversification and livelihood sustainability in a semi-arid environment: A case study from southern Ethiopia,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 871-889.
- Wassie Berhanu & David Colman & Bichaka Fayissa, 2008. "Diversification and Livelihood Sustainability in a Semi-Arid Environment: A Case Study from Southern Ethiopia," Working Papers 200806, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Giesbert, Lena & Schindler, Kati, 2012.
"Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1594-1609.
- Giesbert, Lena & Schindler, Kati, 2010. "Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique," GIGA Working Papers 150, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Lena Giesbert & Kati Schindler, 2010. "Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1073, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Scharf, Maja Micevska, 2012.
"Livelihood diversification strategies in the Himalayas,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(4), pages 1-25, December.
- Dil Bahadur Rahut & Maja Micevska Scharf, 2012. "Livelihood diversification strategies in the Himalayas," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(4), pages 558-582, October.
- Ansoms, An & McKay, Andrew, 2010. "A quantitative analysis of poverty and livelihood profiles: The case of rural Rwanda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 584-598, December.
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002.
"Can financial markets be tapped to help poor people cope with weather risks ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2812, The World Bank.
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002. "Can Financial Markets be Tapped to Help Poor People Cope with Weather Risks?," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Øystein Juul Nielsen & Santosh Rayamajhi & Patricia Uberhuaga & Henrik Meilby & Carsten Smith-Hall, 2013. "Quantifying rural livelihood strategies in developing countries using an activity choice approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1562 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michelle Adato & Michael Carter & Julian May, 2006. "Exploring poverty traps and social exclusion in South Africa using qualitative and quantitative data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 226-247.
- Paul Conal Winters & Vera Chiodi, 2011.
"Human Capital Investment And Long‐Term Poverty Reduction In Rural Mexico,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 515-538, May.
- Vera Chiodi & Vera Chiodi, 2009. "Human capital investment and long-term poverty reduction in rural Mexico," Post-Print halshs-01063699, HAL.
- Paul Conal Winters & Vera Chiodi, 2011. "Human capital investment and long-term poverty reduction in rural Mexico," Post-Print hal-00812890, HAL.
- Angelsen, Arild & Jagger, Pamela & Babigumira, Ronnie & Belcher, Brian & Hogarth, Nicholas J. & Bauch, Simone & Börner, Jan & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven, 2014. "Environmental Income and Rural Livelihoods: A Global-Comparative Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(S1), pages 12-28.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 2005.
"Rural poverty dynamics: development policy implications,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 45-60, January.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "Rural Poverty Dynamics: Development Policy Implications," Working Papers 127243, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "Rural Poverty Dynamics: Development Policy Implications," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245921, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gary Fields & Paul Cichello & Samuel Freije & Marta Menendez & David Newhouse, 2003. "Household income dynamics: a four-country story," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 30-54.
- Paas, L.J. & Vermunt, J.K. & Bijmolt, T.H.A., 2007. "Discrete-time discrete-state latent Markov modelling for assessing and predicting household acquisitions of financial products," Other publications TiSEM 5781ab33-6687-4ad5-b57a-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Abro, Zewdu Ayalew & Alemu, Bamlaku Alamirew & Hanjra, Munir A., 2014. "Policies for Agricultural Productivity Growth and Poverty Reduction in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 461-474.
- van den Berg, Marrit, 2010. "Household income strategies and natural disasters: Dynamic livelihoods in rural Nicaragua," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 592-602, January.
- Haughton, Dominique & Legrand, Pascal & Woolford, Sam, 2009. "Review of Three Latent Class Cluster Analysis Packages: Latent Gold, poLCA, and MCLUST," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 63(1), pages 81-91.
- Naschold, Felix, 2012.
"“The Poor Stay Poor”: Household Asset Poverty Traps in Rural Semi-Arid India,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 2033-2043.
- Naschold, Felix, 2009. "“Poor stays poor” - Household asset poverty traps in rural semi-arid India," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49396, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Leonard J. Paas & Jeroen K. Vermunt & Tammo H. A. Bijmolt, 2007. "Discrete time, discrete state latent Markov modelling for assessing and predicting household acquisitions of financial products," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 170(4), pages 955-974, October.
- Abdulai, Awudu & CroleRees, Anna, 2001. "Determinants of income diversification amongst rural households in Southern Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 437-452, August.
- Zenteno, Mario & Zuidema, Pieter A. & de Jong, Wil & Boot, René G.A., 2013. "Livelihood strategies and forest dependence: New insights from Bolivian forest communities," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 12-21.
- Thomas Reardon & J. Edward Taylor & Kostas Stamoulis & Peter Lanjouw & Arsenio Balisacan, 2000. "Effects of Non‐Farm Employment on Rural Income Inequality in Developing Countries: An Investment Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 266-288, May.
- Brown, Douglas R. & Stephens, Emma C. & Ouma, James Okuro & Murithi, Festus M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2006. "Livelihood strategies in the rural Kenyan highlands," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Nielsen, Martin Reinhardt & Pouliot, Mariève & Kim Bakkegaard, Riyong, 2012. "Combining income and assets measures to include the transitory nature of poverty in assessments of forest dependence: Evidence from the Democratic Republic of Congo," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 37-46.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:199-209 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAssets; income; latent Markov model; livelihood strategies; livelihood transitions; two-part model;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:foi:wpaper:2015_09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geir Tveit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/foikudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.