2016, Volume 79, Issue C
- 1-13 Capacity Development Evaluation: The Challenge of the Results Agenda and Measuring Return on Investment in the Global South
by Vallejo, Bertha & Wehn, Uta
- 14-24 Can Informal Water Vendors Deliver on the Promise of A Human Right to Water? Results From Cochabamba, Bolivia
by Wutich, Amber & Beresford, Melissa & Carvajal, Cinthia
- 25-39 The Effect of Population Pressure and Internal Migration on Land Conflicts: Implications for Agricultural Productivity in Uganda
by Mwesigye, Francis & Matsumoto, Tomoya
- 40-50 Intersections of Gender and Marital Status in Accessing Climate Change Adaptation: Evidence from Rural Tanzania
by Van Aelst, Katrien & Holvoet, Nathalie
- 51-68 Coups d’État and Foreign Aid
by Masaki, Takaaki
- 69-81 A Success of Some Sort: Social Enterprises and Drip Irrigation in the Developing World
by Venot, Jean-Philippe
- 82-96 Busting the Boom–Bust Pattern of Development in the Brazilian Amazon
by Caviglia-Harris, Jill & Sills, Erin & Bell, Andrew & Harris, Daniel & Mullan, Katrina & Roberts, Dar
- 97-113 Mining Conflict and the Politics of Obtaining a Social License: Insight from Guatemala
by Costanza, Jennifer Noel
- 114-126 The Green Economy and Constructions of the “Idle” and “Unproductive” Uplands in the Philippines
by Montefrio, Marvin Joseph F. & Dressler, Wolfram H.
- 127-137 Mobile Money, Remittances, and Household Welfare: Panel Evidence from Rural Uganda
by Munyegera, Ggombe Kasim & Matsumoto, Tomoya
- 138-151 Does Governance Cause Growth? Evidence from China
by Wilson, Ross
- 152-163 An Empirical Assessment of the Export—Financial Constraint Relationship: How Different are Small and Medium Enterprises?
by Jinjarak, Yothin & Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 164-176 Water User Associations and the Politics of Water in Jordan
by Mustafa, Daanish & Altz-Stamm, Amelia & Scott, Laura Mapstone
- 177-196 Contribution of Fisheries and Aquaculture to Food Security and Poverty Reduction: Assessing the Current Evidence
by Béné, Christophe & Arthur, Robert & Norbury, Hannah & Allison, Edward H. & Beveridge, Malcolm & Bush, Simon & Campling, Liam & Leschen, Will & Little, David & Squires, Dale & Thilsted, Shakuntala H. & Troell, Max & Williams, Meryl
- 197-210 Environmental Stressors and Migration: Evidence from Vietnam
by Koubi, Vally & Spilker, Gabriele & Schaffer, Lena & Bernauer, Thomas
2016, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-12 Oil and Civil Conflict: Can Public Spending Have a Mitigation Effect?
by Bodea, Cristina & Higashijima, Masaaki & Singh, Raju Jan
- 13-21 Potential Links Between Certified Organic Coffee and Deforestation in a Protected Area in Chiapas, Mexico
by Jurjonas, Matthew & Crossman, Katie & Solomon, Jennifer & Baez, Walter Lopez
- 22-36 Mining away the Preston curve
by Edwards, Ryan B.
- 37-51 Too Certain to Invest? Public Safety Nets and Insurance Markets in Ethiopia
by Duru, Maya Joan
- 52-65 Institutional Change in Value Chains: Evidence from Tea in Nepal
by Mohan, Sarah
- 66-79 To Lobby or to Partner? Investigating the Shifting Political Strategies of Biopharmaceutical Industry Associations in Innovation Systems of South Africa and India
by Papaioannou, Theo & Watkins, Andrew & Mugwagwa, Julius & Kale, Dinar
- 80-93 Natural Resource Use, Incomes, and Poverty Along the Rural–Urban Continuum of Two Medium-Sized, South African Towns
by Ward, Catherine D. & Shackleton, Charlie M.
- 94-104 Theorizing the Land–Violent Conflict Nexus
by Van Leeuwen, Mathijs & Van Der Haar, Gemma
- 105-124 Does Community-Driven Development Improve Inclusiveness in Peasant Organizations? – Evidence from Senegal
by Arcand, Jean-Louis & Wagner, Natascha
- 125-135 Oil Extraction and Indigenous Livelihoods in the Northern Ecuadorian Amazon
by Bozigar, Matthew & Gray, Clark L. & Bilsborrow, Richard E.
- 136-147 Re-Thinking the Child Labor “Problem” in Rural sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Sierra Leone’s Half Shovels
by Maconachie, Roy & Hilson, Gavin
- 148-171 “Fire in Cairo”: Authoritarian–Redistributive Social Contracts, Structural Change, and the Arab Spring
by Rougier, Eric
- 172-187 Barriers to Prosperity: Parasitic and Infectious Diseases, IQ, and Economic Development
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 188-203 Understanding the Evidence Base for Poverty–Environment Relationships using Remotely Sensed Satellite Data: An Example from Assam, India
by Watmough, Gary R. & Atkinson, Peter M. & Saikia, Arupjyoti & Hutton, Craig W.
- 204-218 Green Revolution in Sub-Saharan Africa: Implications of Imposed Innovation for the Wellbeing of Rural Smallholders
by Dawson, Neil & Martin, Adrian & Sikor, Thomas
- 219-229 Tenure Insecurity and Investment in Soil Conservation. Evidence from Malawi
by Lovo, Stefania
- 230-245 Aid, Infrastructure, and FDI: Assessing the Transmission Channel with a New Index of Infrastructure
by Donaubauer, Julian & Meyer, Birgit & Nunnenkamp, Peter
- 246-261 Ecosystem Services and REDD: Estimating the Benefits of Non-Carbon Services in Worldwide Forests
by Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L. & Alló, Maria & Barrio, Melina
- 262-287 Their Suffering, Our Burden? How Congolese Refugees Affect the Ugandan Population
by Kreibaum, Merle
- 288-307 Effects of Protected Areas on Forest Cover Change and Local Communities: Evidence from the Peruvian Amazon
by Miranda, Juan José & Corral, Leonardo & Blackman, Allen & Asner, Gregory & Lima, Eirivelthon
- 308-323 Ethnic Heterogeneity and Public Goods Provision in Zambia: Evidence of a Subnational “Diversity Dividend”
by Gisselquist, Rachel M. & Leiderer, Stefan & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel
- 324-340 Experimental Evidence on the Drivers of Index-Based Livestock Insurance Demand in Southern Ethiopia
by Takahashi, Kazushi & Ikegami, Munenobu & Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 341-359 Effects of FDI Flows on Institutional Development: Does It Matter Where the Investors are from?
by Demir, Firat
- 360-371 Does Women’s Land Ownership Promote Their Empowerment? Empirical Evidence from Nepal
by Mishra, Khushbu & Sam, Abdoul G.
- 372-385 The Missing Link Between Parents’ Preferences and Daughters’ Survival: The Moderator Effect of Societal Discrimination
by Echávarri, Rebeca & Husillos, Javier
- 386-400 A Meta-Analytic Reassessment of the Effects of Inequality on Growth
by Neves, Pedro Cunha & Afonso, Óscar & Silva, Sandra Tavares
- 401-419 The Determinants of Social Conflict in the Latin American Mining Sector: New Evidence with Quantitative Data
by Haslam, Paul Alexander & Ary Tanimoune, Nasser
- 420-435 Marginality as a Root Cause of Poverty: Identifying Marginality Hotspots in Ethiopia
by Husmann, Christine
- 436-449 Do Female Instructors Reduce Gender Bias in Diffusion of Sustainable Land Management Techniques? Experimental Evidence From Mozambique
by Kondylis, Florence & Mueller, Valerie & Sheriff, Glenn & Zhu, Siyao
- 450-460 The Failures of Privatization: A Comparative Investigation of Tuberculosis Rates and the Structure of Healthcare in Less-Developed Nations, 1995–2010
by Austin, Kelly F. & DeScisciolo, Cristina & Samuelsen, Lene
- 461-476 Informality, property rights, and poverty in China’s “favelas”
by Webster, Chris & Wu, Fulong & Zhang, Fangzhu & Sarkar, Chinmoy
- 477-495 Votes and Regional Economic Growth: Evidence from Turkey
by Luca, Davide
- 496-510 Preschool Education in Brazil: Does Public Supply Crowd Out Private Enrollment?
by Bastos, Paulo & Straume, Odd Rune
- 511-528 Catalyzing Aid? The IMF and Donor Behavior in Aid Allocation
by Stubbs, Thomas H. & Kentikelenis, Alexander E. & King, Lawrence P.
- 529-540 Defining a Global Urban Development Agenda
by Parnell, Susan
- 541-553 Transient Poverty, Poverty Dynamics, and Vulnerability to Poverty: An Empirical Analysis Using a Balanced Panel from Rural China
by Ward, Patrick S.
- 554-571 What We Miss By Missing Data: Aid Effectiveness Revisited
by Breitwieser, Anja & Wick, Katharina
- 572-586 Networks of Rural Producer Organizations in Uganda: What Can be Done to Make Them Work Better?
by Latynskiy, Evgeny & Berger, Thomas
- 587-609 Has the Internet Fostered Inclusive Innovation in the Developing World?
by Paunov, Caroline & Rollo, Valentina
2016, Volume 77, Issue C
- 1-16 The Road to Specialization in Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rural China
by Qin, Yu & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 17-33 How Does the Choice of the Gender Indicator Affect the Analysis of Gender Differences in Agricultural Productivity? Evidence from Uganda
by de la O Campos, Ana Paula & Covarrubias, Katia Alejandra & Prieto Patron, Alberto
- 34-47 Building Participatory Organizations for Common Pool Resource Management: Water User Group Promotion in Indonesia
by Ricks, Jacob I.
- 48-65 Environmental and Social Impacts of Hydroelectric Dams in Brazilian Amazonia: Implications for the Aluminum Industry
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 66-79 Public Opinion and Foreign Aid Cuts in Economic Crises
by Heinrich, Tobias & Kobayashi, Yoshiharu & Bryant, Kristin A.
- 80-98 Remittances and the Use of Formal and Informal Financial Services
by Ambrosius, Christian & Cuecuecha, Alfredo
- 99-114 Milk in the Data: Food Security Impacts from a Livestock Field Experiment in Zambia
by Jodlowski, Margaret & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Baylis, Kathy & Goldsmith, Peter D.
- 115-128 Estimating Price Discounts for Low-Quality Maize in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Benin
by Kadjo, Didier & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Alexander, Corinne
- 129-142 Trade, Institution Quality and Income Inequality
by Lin, Faqin & Fu, Dahai
- 143-153 Rules and Exceptions: Regulatory Challenges to Private Tree Felling in Northern India
by Rana, Pushpendra & Chhatre, Ashwini
- 154-170 Authoritarian Survival and Poverty Traps: Land Reform in Mexico
by Albertus, Michael & Diaz-Cayeros, Alberto & Magaloni, Beatriz & Weingast, Barry R.
- 171-191 Declining Nutrient Intake in a Growing China: Does Household Heterogeneity Matter?
by You, Jing & Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav
- 192-205 Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU Inventors
by Giuliani, Elisa & Martinelli, Arianna & Rabellotti, Roberta
- 206-220 Organic Agriculture and Fair Trade: A Happy Marriage? A Case Study of Certified Smallholder Black Pepper Farmers in India
by Parvathi, Priyanka & Waibel, Hermann
- 221-230 The Welfare Effects of Trade in Phytomedicines: A Multi-Disciplinary Analysis of Turmeric Production
by Booker, Anthony & Johnston, Deborah & Heinrich, Michael
- 231-248 Micro-Incentives and Municipal Behavior: Political Decentralization and Fiscal Federalism in Argentina and Mexico
by Smith, Heidi Jane M. & Revell, Keith D.
- 249-261 The Politics of Indigenous Participation Through “Free Prior Informed Consent”: Reflections from the Bolivian Case
by Fontana, Lorenza B. & Grugel, Jean
- 262-276 Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Development: Accounting for Local Costs and Noisy Impacts
by Evans, David K. & Popova, Anna
- 277-292 The Ambivalent Impact of Coffee Certification on Farmers’ Welfare: A Matched Panel Approach for Cooperatives in Central Kenya
by van Rijsbergen, Bart & Elbers, Willem & Ruben, Ruerd & Njuguna, Samuel N.
- 293-310 Establishing Local Government in Fragile States: Experimental Evidence from Afghanistan
by Jochem, Torsten & Murtazashvili, Ilia & Murtazashvili, Jennifer
- 311-327 Entrepreneurship Education and Entry into Self-Employment Among University Graduates
by Premand, Patrick & Brodmann, Stefanie & Almeida, Rita & Grun, Rebekka & Barouni, Mahdi
- 328-345 How Investor Portfolios Shape Regulatory Outcomes: Privatized Infrastructure After Crises
by Post, Alison E. & Murillo, María Victoria
- 346-366 A CGE Analysis of the Impact of Foreign Direct Investment and Tariff Reform on Female and Male Workers in Tanzania
by Latorre, María C.
- 367-379 Beyond Property: Co-Management and Pastoral Resource Access in Mongolia
by Undargaa, Sandagsuren & McCarthy, John F.
- 380-394 Does Microcredit Increase Household Welfare in the Absence of Microinsurance?
by Akotey, Joseph Oscar & Adjasi, Charles K.D.
- 395-407 Public Procurement and Rent-Seeking: The Case of Paraguay
by Auriol, Emmanuelle & Straub, Stéphane & Flochel, Thomas
2015, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-12 Financial Crises and Labor: Does Tight Money Loosen Labor Rights?
by Blanton, Robert G. & Blanton, Shannon Lindsey & Peksen, Dursun
- 13-25 Hydropower, Anti-Politics, and the Opening of New Political Spaces in the Eastern Himalayas
by Huber, Amelie & Joshi, Deepa
- 26-39 Ensuring Sustainable Access to Drinking Water in Sub Saharan Africa: Conflict Between Financial and Social Objectives
by Marson, Marta & Savin, Ivan
- 40-61 Patriarchal Norms, Religion, and Female Labor Supply: Evidence from Turkey
by Dildar, Yasemin
- 62-81 Equal Access to Education: An Evaluation of the Roma Teaching Assistant Program in Serbia
by Battaglia, Marianna & Lebedinski, Lara
- 82-94 The Experience of Survival: Determinants of Export Survival in Lao PDR
by Stirbat, Liviu & Record, Richard & Nghardsaysone, Konesawang
- 95-113 Which Countries’ Citizens Are Better Off With Trade?
by Kosack, Stephen & Tobin, Jennifer L.
- 114-131 Does Food Aid Disrupt Local Food Market? Evidence from Rural Ethiopia
by Ferrière, Nathalie & Suwa-Eisenmann, Akiko
- 132-146 Linking Mitigation and Adaptation in Carbon Forestry Projects: Evidence from Belize
by Kongsager, Rico & Corbera, Esteve
- 147-164 The Balance of Power in Household Decision-Making: Encouraging News on Gender in Southern Sulawesi
by Colfer, Carol J. Pierce & Achdiawan, Ramadhani & Roshetko, James M. & Mulyoutami, Elok & Yuliani, E. Linda & Mulyana, Agus & Moeliono, Moira & Adnan, Hasantoha & Erni,
- 165-179 The Effectiveness of Health Expenditure on the Proximate and Ultimate Goals of Healthcare in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Ssozi, John & Amlani, Shirin
- 180-189 Why Do Some Oil-Producing Countries Succeed in Democracy While Others Fail?
by Omgba, Luc Désiré
- 190-202 Does Community-Based Rehabilitation Enhance the Multidimensional Well-Being of Deprived Persons With Disabilities? A Multilevel Impact Evaluation
by Mauro, Vincenzo & Biggeri, Mario & Grilli, Leonardo
- 203-215 Household Recovery from Internal Displacement in Northern Uganda
by O’Reilly, Colin
- 216-237 Explaining Cross-State Disparities in Child Nutrition in Rural India
by Cavatorta, Elisa & Shankar, Bhavani & Flores-Martinez, Artemisa
- 238-248 Claiming the Streets: Property Rights and Legal Empowerment in the Urban Informal Economy
by Brown, Alison
- 249-262 Does the Chinese Diaspora Speed Up Growth in Host Countries?
by Priebe, Jan & Rudolf, Robert
- 263-279 Fiscal Policy, Inequality, and the Ethnic Divide in Guatemala
by Cabrera, Maynor & Lustig, Nora & Morán, Hilcías E.
- 280-292 Equate and Conflate: Political Commitment to Hunger and Undernutrition Reduction in Five High-Burden Countries
by te Lintelo, Dolf J.H. & Lakshman, Rajith W.D.
- 293-310 Export Diversification Effects of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement
by Beverelli, Cosimo & Neumueller, Simon & Teh, Robert
- 311-328 Sources of Income Growth and Inequality Across Ethnic Groups in Malaysia, 1970–2000
by Saari, M. Yusof & Dietzenbacher, Erik & Los, Bart
- 329-343 Changes in Intergenerational Occupational Mobility in India: Evidence from National Sample Surveys, 1983–2012
by Reddy, A. Bheemeshwar
- 344-358 Aid Fragmentation or Aid Pluralism? The Effect of Multiple Donors on Child Survival in Developing Countries, 1990–2010
by Han, Lu & Koenig-Archibugi, Mathias
- 359-369 A Paradox of Redistribution in International Aid? The Determinants of Poverty-Oriented Development Assistance
by Bodenstein, Thilo & Kemmerling, Achim
2015, Volume 75, Issue C
- 2-12 Political Conditionality and Foreign Aid
by Molenaers, Nadia & Dellepiane, Sebastian & Faust, Jorg
- 13-25 ‘Does it Work?’ – Work for Whom? Britain and Political Conditionality since the Cold War
by Fisher, Jonathan
- 26-45 Diverging Visions on Political Conditionality: The Role of Domestic Politics and International Socialization in French and British Aid
by de Felice, Damiano
- 46-61 Foreign Aid Responses to Political Liberalization
by Reinsberg, Bernhard
- 62-73 What Determines the Suspension of Budget Support?
by Molenaers, N. & Gagiano, A. & Smets, L. & Dellepiane, S.
- 74-84 Donor Interests or Developmental Performance? Explaining Sanctions in EU Democracy Promotion in sub-Saharan Africa
by Del Biondo, Karen
- 85-96 It’s Domestic Politics, Stupid! EU Democracy Promotion Strategies Meet African Dominant Party Regimes
by Hackenesch, Christine
- 97-108 A Typology of Political Conditionality Beyond Aid: Conceptual Horizons Based on Lessons from the European Union
by Koch, Svea
2015, Volume 74, Issue C
- 1-14 Human Capital and FDI Inflow: An Assessment of the African Case
by Cleeve, Emmanuel A. & Debrah, Yaw & Yiheyis, Zelealem
- 15-24 Using Agriculture to Improve Child Health: Promoting Orange Sweet Potatoes Reduces Diarrhea
by Jones, Kelly M. & de Brauw, Alan
- 25-42 How Consumer Price Subsidies affect Nutrition
by Kaushal, Neeraj & Muchomba, Felix M.
- 43-57 Foreign Direct Investment Inflows and the Industrialization of African Countries
by Gui-Diby, Steve Loris & Renard, Mary-Françoise
- 58-76 Enrollment in Ethiopia’s Community-Based Health Insurance Scheme
by Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 77-92 Social Capital as Obstacle to Development: Brokering Land, Norms, and Trust in Rural India
by Levien, Michael
- 93-107 Analyzing Trade-offs in International Climate Policy Options: The Case of the Green Climate Fund
by Markandya, A. & Antimiani, A. & Costantini, V. & Martini, C. & Palma, A. & Tommasino, M.C.
- 108-122 From Privatization to Deindustrialization: Implications of Chinese Rural Industry and the Ownership Debate Revisited
by Zhan, Shaohua
- 123-141 Working Women Worldwide. Age Effects in Female Labor Force Participation in 117 Countries
by Besamusca, Janna & Tijdens, Kea & Keune, Maarten & Steinmetz, Stephanie
- 142-157 Returns to Micro-Entrepreneurship in an Emerging Economy: A Quantile Study of Entrepreneurial Indonesian Households’ Welfare
by Vial, Virginie & Hanoteau, Julien
- 158-170 Trade Liberalization in a Traditional Society: Implications for Relative Female Survival
by Chakraborty, Tanika
- 171-183 Collective Action within the Household: Insights from Natural Resource Management
by Doss, Cheryl R. & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth
- 184-196 Policy Evaluation via Composite Indexes: Qualitative Lessons from International Transparency Policy Indexes
by Michener, Gregory
- 197-208 Explaining Positive Deviance in Public Sector Reforms in Development
by Andrews, Matt
- 209-219 Barriers to Political Analysis in Aid Bureaucracies: From Principle to Practice in DFID and the World Bank
by Yanguas, Pablo & Hulme, David
- 220-232 Demography, Growth, and Global Income Inequality
by Rougoor, Ward & van Marrewijk, Charles
- 233-252 Decomposing Intergenerational Income Elasticity: The Gender-differentiated Contribution of Capital Transmission in Rural Philippines
by Bevis, Leah E.M. & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 253-263 Public Information and Performance: The Role of Spatial Dependence in the Worldwide Governance Indicators among African Countries
by Ward, Hugh & Dorussen, Han
- 264-274 “Low Profile” or Entrepreneurial? Gender, Class, and Cultural Adaptation in the Global Microfinance Industry
by Radhakrishnan, Smitha
- 275-285 The Politics of Public Services: A Service Characteristics Approach
by Batley, Richard & Mcloughlin, Claire
- 286-304 The Effect of Democracy on Corruption: Income is Key
by Jetter, Michael & Agudelo, Alejandra Montoya & Hassan, Andrés Ramírez
- 305-322 Does Shelter Assistance Reduce Poverty in Afghanistan?
by Loschmann, Craig & Parsons, Christopher R. & Siegel, Melissa
- 323-332 Transactional Fish-for-Sex Relationships Amid Declining Fish Access in Kenya
by Fiorella, Kathryn J. & Camlin, Carol S. & Salmen, Charles R. & Omondi, Ruth & Hickey, Matthew D. & Omollo, Dan O. & Milner, Erin M. & Bukusi, Elizabeth A. & Fernald, Lia C.H. & Brashares, Justin S.
- 333-351 The Dark Side of Chinese Growth: Declining Social Capital and Well-Being in Times of Economic Boom
by Bartolini, Stefano & Sarracino, Francesco
- 352-362 Livelihood Resilience and Adaptive Capacity: Tracing Changes in Household Access to Capital in Central Vietnam
by Thulstrup, Andreas Waaben
- 363-373 Linking Communities of Practice with Value Chain Development in Smallholder Farming Systems
by Lowitt, Kristen & Hickey, Gordon M. & Ganpat, Wayne & Phillip, Leroy
- 374-385 Are Large Informal Firms More Productive than the Small Informal Firms? Evidence from Firm-Level Surveys in Africa
by Amin, Mohammad & Islam, Asif
- 386-396 Development Conditions for Family Farming: Lessons From Brazil
by Medina, Gabriel & Almeida, Camila & Novaes, Evandro & Godar, Javier & Pokorny, Benno
- 397-411 Pump-Priming Payments for Sustainable Water Services in Rural Africa
by Koehler, Johanna & Thomson, Patrick & Hope, Robert
- 412-424 Quality of Higher Education and the Labor Market in Developing Countries: Evidence from an Education Reform in Senegal
by Boccanfuso, Dorothée & Larouche, Alexandre & Trandafir, Mircea
- 425-436 Avoiding the Resource Curse: Indigenous Communities and Canada’s Oil Sands
by Parlee, Brenda L.
- 437-452 Women Leaders and Social Performance: Evidence from Financial Cooperatives in Senegal
by Périlleux, Anaïs & Szafarz, Ariane
- 453-461 Labor Exclusion and the Erosion of Citizenship Responsibilities
by Ronconi, Lucas & Zarazaga S.J., Rodrigo
- 462-478 Opening the Black Box of Carbon Finance “Additionality”: The Political Economy of Carbon Finance Effectiveness across Tanzania, Uganda, and Moldova
by Purdon, Mark
- 479-488 Does NGO Presence Decrease Government Spending? A Look at Municipal Spending on Social Services in Brazil
by Torpey-Saboe, Nichole
2015, Volume 73, Issue C
- 1-10 Conceptualizing Spatial Diversity in Latin American Rural Development: Structures, Institutions, and Coalitions
by Berdegué, Julio A. & Bebbington, Anthony & Escobal, Javier
- 11-31 A Large-Scale Mapping of Territorial Development Dynamics in Latin America
by Modrego, Félix & Berdegué, Julio A.
- 32-43 Extraterritorial Investments, Environmental Crisis, and Collective Action in Latin America
by Ospina Peralta, Pablo & Bebbington, Anthony & Hollenstein, Patric & Nussbaum, Ilana & Ramírez, Eduardo
- 44-55 Linkage to Dynamic Markets and Rural Territorial Development in Latin America
by Escobal, Javier & Favareto, Arilson & Aguirre, Francisco & Ponce, Carmen
- 56-71 Cities, Territories, and Inclusive Growth: Unraveling Urban–Rural Linkages in Chile, Colombia, and Mexico
by Berdegué, Julio A. & Carriazo, Fernando & Jara, Benjamín & Modrego, Félix & Soloaga, Isidro
- 72-84 The Importance of Inequality for Natural Resource Governance: Evidence from Two Nicaraguan Territories
by Ravnborg, Helle Munk & Gómez, Ligia Ivette
- 85-95 Territorial Coalitions and Rural Dynamics in Ecuador. Why History Matters
by Ospina Peralta, Pablo & Hollenstein, Patric
- 96-104 Gender Systems and Women’s Labor Force Participation in the Salmon Industry in Chiloé, Chile
by Ramírez, Eduardo & Ruben, Ruerd
- 105-117 Gas and Development: Rural Territorial Dynamics in Tarija, Bolivia
by Hinojosa, Leonith & Bebbington, Anthony & Cortez, Guido & Chumacero, Juan Pablo & Humphreys Bebbington, Denise & Hennermann, Karl
- 118-128 Poverty Reduction Through Dispossession: The Milk Boom and the Return of the Elite in Santo Tomás, Nicaragua
by Ravnborg, Helle Munk & Gómez, Ligia Ivette
- 129-137 Explaining Spatial Diversity in Latin American Rural Development: Structures, Institutions, and Coalitions
by Berdegué, Julio A. & Escobal, Javier & Bebbington, Anthony
2015, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-26 The Rising Resilience of Emerging Market and Developing Economies
by Abiad, Abdul & Bluedorn, John & Guajardo, Jaime & Topalova, Petia
- 27-42 Intimate Partner Violence and HIV Infection in sub-Saharan Africa
by Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika
- 43-52 Small Farmers in High-Value Chains: Binding or Relaxing Constraints to Inclusive Growth?
by Briones, Roehlano M.
- 53-69 The Welfare Impact of Land Redistribution: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Initiative in Malawi
by Mendola, Mariapia & Simtowe, Franklin
- 70-92 Assessing the Impact of Crop Diversification on Farm Poverty in India
by Birthal, Pratap S. & Roy, Devesh & Negi, Digvijay S.
- 93-108 Multidimensional Poverty Reduction in India between 1999 and 2006: Where and How?
by Alkire, Sabina & Seth, Suman
- 109-126 Economic Freedom and Productivity Growth in Resource-rich Economies
by Farhadi, Minoo & Islam, Md. Rabiul & Moslehi, Solmaz
- 127-139 Building Capacity, Building Rights? State Capacity and Labor Rights in Developing Countries
by Berliner, Daniel & Greenleaf, Anne & Lake, Milli & Noveck, Jennifer
- 140-162 Reviewing Composite Vulnerability and Resilience Indexes: A Sustainable Approach and Application
by Angeon, Valérie & Bates, Samuel
- 163-174 Gender, Entrepreneurship, and the Formal–Informal Dilemma: Evidence from Indonesia
by Babbitt, Laura G. & Brown, Drusilla & Mazaheri, Nimah
- 175-190 Impacts of Large-scale Land Investments on Income, Prices, and Employment: Empirical Analyses in Ethiopia
by Baumgartner, Philipp & von Braun, Joachim & Abebaw, Degnet & Müller, Marc
- 191-207 Minding Weber More Than Ever? The Impacts of State Capacity and Bureaucratic Autonomy on Development Goals
by Cingolani, Luciana & Thomsson, Kaj & de Crombrugghe, Denis
- 208-223 Aspiration Failure: A Poverty Trap for Indigenous Children in Peru?
by Pasquier-Doumer, Laure & Risso Brandon, Fiorella
- 224-239 Always Vote for Principle, Though You May Vote Alone: Explaining United States Political Support for Multilateral Development Loans
by Strand, Jonathan R. & Zappile, Tina M.
- 240-254 South–South Migration and Discrimination Against Women in Social Institutions: A Two-way Relationship
by Ferrant, Gaëlle & Tuccio, Michele
- 255-266 Sickness and Death: Economic Consequences and Coping Strategies of the Urban Poor in Bangladesh
by Khan, Farid & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert
- 267-276 Traditional Wealth, Modern Goods, and Demographic Behavior in Rural Senegal
by Garenne, Michel
- 277-295 Stopped in the Name of the Law: Administrative Burden and its Implications for Cash Transfer Program Effectiveness
by Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Brill, Robert
- 296-307 Return to Education for China’s Return Migrant Entrepreneurs
by Hu, Feng
- 308-325 Poverty–Food Security Nexus: Evidence from a Survey of Urban Slum Dwellers in Kolkata
by Maitra, Chandana & Rao, D.S. Prasada
- 326-345 Gender Preferences in Africa: A Comparative Analysis of Fertility Choices
by Rossi, Pauline & Rouanet, Léa
- 346-361 Social Accountability: What Does the Evidence Really Say?
by Fox, Jonathan A.
- 362-380 Gender, Geography, and Generations: Intergenerational Educational Mobility in Post-Reform India
by Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad
- 381-393 Living Care-Fully: The Potential for an Ethics of Care in Livelihoods Approaches
by Hanrahan, Kelsey B.
- 394-407 Impacts of Supermarkets on Farm Household Nutrition in Kenya
by Chege, Christine G.K. & Andersson, Camilla I.M. & Qaim, Matin
- 408-418 Benefit Sharing Among Local Resource Users: The Role of Property Rights
by Torpey-Saboe, Nichole & Andersson, Krister & Mwangi, Esther & Persha, Lauren & Salk, Carl & Wright, Glenn
- 419-431 Poorer Countries and the Environment: Friends or Foes?
by Broad, Robin & Cavanagh, John
- 432-448 The Effect of Drought on Health Outcomes and Health Expenditures in Rural Vietnam
by Lohmann, Steffen & Lechtenfeld, Tobias
2015, Volume 71, Issue C
- 4-24 Measuring Exposure to Downside Risk with an Application to Thailand and Vietnam
by Povel, Felix
- 25-35 Non-Sampling Error and Data Quality: What Can We Learn from Surveys to Collect Data for Vulnerability Measurements?
by Phung, T.D. & Hardeweg, B. & Praneetvatakul, S. & Waibel, H.
- 36-53 A Feminization of Vulnerability? Female Headship, Poverty, and Vulnerability in Thailand and Vietnam
by Klasen, Stephan & Lechtenfeld, Tobias & Povel, Felix
- 54-78 Shocks, Individual Risk Attitude, and Vulnerability to Poverty among Rural Households in Thailand and Vietnam
by Gloede, Oliver & Menkhoff, Lukas & Waibel, Hermann
- 79-93 Rural–Urban Migration, Household Vulnerability, and Welfare in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Loc Duc & Raabe, Katharina & Grote, Ulrike
- 94-106 Determinants and Consequences of Internal Return Migration in Thailand and Vietnam
by Junge, Vera & Revilla Diez, Javier & Schätzl, Ludwig
- 107-130 Property Rights and Consumption Volatility: Evidence from a Land Reform in Vietnam
by Kemper, Niels & Ha, Luu Viet & Klump, Rainer
2015, Volume 70, Issue C
- 1-12 “Show me the Numbers”: Examining the Dynamics Between Evaluation and Government Performance in Developing Countries
by Hoey, Lesli
- 13-27 Revealed Corruption, Taxation, and Fiscal Accountability: Evidence from Brazil
by Timmons, Jeffrey F. & Garfias, Francisco
- 28-42 Practice What You Preach: Microfinance Business Models and Operational Efficiency
by Bos, Jaap W.B. & Millone, Matteo
- 43-58 Institutional Voids or Organizational Resilience? Business Groups, Innovation, and Market Development in Latin America
by Castellacci, Fulvio
- 59-77 Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam
by Arouri, Mohamed & Nguyen, Cuong & Youssef, Adel Ben
- 78-91 Correlates of Maize Land and Livelihood Change Among Maize Farming Households in Mexico
by Eakin, Hallie & Appendini, Kirsten & Sweeney, Stuart & Perales, Hugo
- 92-107 The Intrinsic Value of Agency: The Case of Indonesia
by Fernandez, Antonia & Della Giusta, Marina & Kambhampati, Uma S.