2012, Volume 40, Issue 12
- 2490-2504 Inequality and the Politics of Social Policy Implementation: Gender, Age and Chile’s 2004 Health Reforms
by Ewig, Christina & Palmucci, Gastón A.
- 2505-2521 Leaving the Safety Net: An Analysis of Dropouts in an Urban Conditional Cash Transfer Program
by González-Flores, Mario & Heracleous, Maria & Winters, Paul
- 2522-2536 Social Capital Formation and Credit Access: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Shoji, Masahiro & Aoyagi, Keitaro & Kasahara, Ryuji & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Ueyama, Mika
- 2537-2551 Equity-Efficiency Trade-Offs in Irrigation Water Sharing: Evidence from a Field Lab in Rural Tanzania
by D’Exelle, Ben & Lecoutere, Els & Van Campenhout, Bjorn
- 2552-2563 The Pitfalls of Water Privatization: Failure and Reform in Malaysia
by Tan, Jeff
- 2564-2577 Privatization and Renationalization: What Went Wrong in Bolivia’s Water Sector?
by Hailu, Degol & Osorio, Rafael Guerreiro & Tsukada, Raquel
- 2578-2589 In the Eye of the Storm—The Welfare Impacts of a Hurricane
by Jakobsen, Kristian Thor
2012, Volume 40, Issue 11
- 2155-2176 Does Foreign Aid Increase Foreign Direct Investment?
by Selaya, Pablo & Sunesen, Eva Rytter
- 2177-2193 Trade Liberalization, Economic Crises, and Growth
by Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David
- 2194-2205 FDI Waves, Waves of Neglect of Political Risk
by Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Sekkat, Khalid
- 2206-2220 Heterogeneous FDI in Transition Economies – A Novel Approach to Assess the Developmental Impact of Backward Linkages
by Giroud, Axèle & Jindra, Björn & Marek, Philipp
- 2221-2233 Do Developing Countries Invest Up? The Environmental Effects of Foreign Direct Investment from Less-Developed Countries
by Zeng, Ka & Eastin, Joshua
- 2234-2248 The Unequal Benefits of Fuel Subsidies: A Review of Evidence for Developing Countries
by Arze del Granado, Francisco Javier & Coady, David & Gillingham, Robert
- 2249-2262 The Impact of Microfinance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Systematic Review of the Evidence
by van Rooyen, C. & Stewart, R. & de Wet, T.
- 2263-2274 The Fungibility of Aid Earmarked for HIV/AIDS Control Programs
by Harper, Sarah E.
- 2275-2289 Do Inequalities in Health Care Utilization in Developing Countries Change When We Take into Account Traditional Medicines?
by Sato, Azusa
- 2290-2301 Ordinal Welfare Comparisons with Multiple Discrete Indicators: A First Order Dominance Approach and Application to Child Poverty
by Arndt, Channing & Distante, Roberta & Hussain, M. Azhar & Østerdal, Lars Peter & Huong, Pham Lan & Ibraimo, Maimuna
- 2302-2317 Estimating the Short-Run Poverty Impacts of the 2010–11 Surge in Food Prices
by Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan
- 2318-2328 Impact of the 2008–2009 Twin Economic Crises on the Philippine Labor Market
by van der Meulen Rodgers, Yana & Menon, Nidhiya
- 2329-2341 Can Top-Down and Bottom-Up be Reconciled? Electoral Competition and Service Delivery in Malaysia
by Mccourt, Willy
- 2342-2354 Harnessing Communities, Markets and the State for Public Goods Provision: Evidence from Post-Socialist Rural Poland
by Petrick, Martin & Gramzow, Andreas
- 2355-2367 Effects of Fair Trade Certification on Social Capital: The Case of Rwandan Coffee Producers
by Elder, Sara D. & Zerriffi, Hisham & Le Billon, Philippe
2012, Volume 40, Issue 10
- 1933-1943 Is there a Beijing Consensus on International Macroeconomic Policy?
by Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex & Popper, Helen
- 1944-1969 IMF Lending in Times of Crisis: Political Influences and Crisis Prevention
by Presbitero, Andrea F. & Zazzaro, Alberto
- 1970-1981 Sabotaging Civil Service Reform in Aid-Dependent Countries: Are Donors to Blame?
by Nunberg, Barbara & Taliercio, Robert R.
- 1982-1998 International R&D Transfer and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Panel Study Using Stochastic Frontier Analysis
by Wang, Miao & Wong, M. C. Sunny
- 1999-2013 Return Migration and the Survival of Entrepreneurial Activities in Egypt
by Marchetta, Francesca
- 2014-2032 Parental Education and Child Health—Understanding the Pathways of Impact in Pakistan
by Aslam, Monazza & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi
- 2033-2043 “The Poor Stay Poor”: Household Asset Poverty Traps in Rural Semi-Arid India
by Naschold, Felix
- 2044-2062 NGOs and the Political Empowerment of Poor People in Rural Bangladesh: Cultivating the Habits of Democracy?
by Kabeer, Naila & Mahmud, Simeen & Isaza Castro, Jairo G.
- 2063-2077 Bridging the Gender Divide: An Experimental Analysis of Group Formation in African Villages
by Barr, Abigail & Dekker, Marleen & Fafchamps, Marcel
- 2078-2095 Opening Cracks for the Transgression of Social Boundaries: An Evaluation of the Gender Impacts of Farmer Research Teams in Honduras
by Humphries, Sally & Classen, Lauren & Jiménez, José & Sierra, Fredy & Gallardo, Omar & Gómez, Marvin
- 2096-2107 Collective Action Dynamics under External Rewards: Experimental Insights from Andean Farming Communities
by Narloch, Ulf & Pascual, Unai & Drucker, Adam G.
- 2108-2122 Land Fragmentation, Cropland Abandonment, and Land Market Operation in Albania
by Deininger, Klaus & Savastano, Sara & Carletto, Calogero
- 2123-2135 Reducing Poverty Through Carbon Forestry? Impacts of the N’hambita Community Carbon Project in Mozambique
by Jindal, Rohit & Kerr, John M. & Carter, Sarah
- 2136-2154 Child Porterage and Africa’s Transport Gap: Evidence from Ghana, Malawi and South Africa
by Porter, Gina & Hampshire, Kate & Abane, Albert & Munthali, Alister & Robson, Elsbeth & Mashiri, Mac & Tanle, Augustine & Maponya, Goodhope & Dube, Sipho
2012, Volume 40, Issue 9
- 1713-1722 Development Consequences of Armed Conflict
by Gates, Scott & Hegre, Håvard & Nygård, Håvard Mokleiv & Strand, Håvard
- 1723-1749 Aid, Growth and Devolution
by Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther
- 1750-1761 Fiscal Spending and Economic Growth: Some Stylized Facts
by Carrère, Céline & de Melo, Jaime
- 1762-1783 Fiscal Sustainability: The Impact of Real Exchange Rate Shocks on Debt Valuation, Interest Rates and GDP Growth
by Carrera, Claudia Martínez & Vergara, Rodrigo
- 1784-1797 The Growth Effects of Property Rights: The Role of Finance
by Bose, Niloy & Murshid, Antu Panini & Wurm, Martin A.
- 1798-1809 The Institutional Reforms Debate and FDI Flows to the MENA Region: The “Best” Ensemble
by Mina, Wasseem Michel
- 1810-1823 Asking Questions to Understand Rural Livelihoods: Comparing Disaggregated vs. Aggregated Approaches to Household Livelihood Questionnaires
by Jagger, Pamela & Luckert, Marty K. & Banana, Abwoli & Bahati, Joseph
- 1824-1838 Impacts of Community-driven Development Programs on Income and Asset Acquisition in Africa: The Case of Nigeria
by Nkonya, Ephraim & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John & Kato, Edward
- 1839-1853 Poverty and Prime-Age Mortality in Eastern and Southern Africa: Evidence from Zambia and Kenya
by Chapoto, Antony & Kirimi, Lilian & Kadiyala, Suneetha
- 1854-1869 Urban Services and Child Migration to the Slums of Nairobi
by Archambault, Caroline S. & de Laat, Joost & Zulu, Eliya Msiyaphazi
- 1870-1881 Institution Building with Limited Resources: Establishing a Supreme Audit Institution in Rwanda
by Isaksson, Ann-Sofie & Bigsten, Arne
- 1882-1894 Alert at Maradi: Preventing Food Crises by Using Price Signals
by Araujo, Claudio & Araujo-Bonjean, Catherine & Brunelin, Stéphanie
- 1895-1907 Impact Evaluation of Traditional Basmati Rice Cultivation in Uttarakhand State of Northern India: What Implications Does It Hold for Geographical Indications?
by Jena, Pradyot R. & Grote, Ulrike
- 1908-1920 Economic Liberalization and Rising College Premiums in Mexico: A Reinterpretation
by Mehta, Aashish & Mohr, Belinda Acuña
- 1921-1931 Poverty and Proximate Barriers to Learning: Vision Deficiencies, Vision Correction and Educational Outcomes in Rural Northwest China
by Hannum, Emily & Zhang, Yuping
2012, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1483-1496 The Impact of China on Low and Middle Income Countries’ Export Prices in Industrial-Country Markets
by Fu, Xiaolan & Kaplinsky, Raphael & Zhang, Jing
- 1497-1510 The Impact of Foreign Labor on Host Country Wages: The Experience of a Southern Host, Malaysia
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Devadason, Evelyn S.
- 1511-1521 Fiscal Decentralization and Development Outcomes in India: An Exploratory Analysis
by Kalirajan, Kaliappa & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 1522-1533 Partisan Preferences and Skill Formation Policies: New Evidence from Turkey and Argentina
by Apaydin, Fulya
- 1534-1545 Why is Corruption Less Harmful to Income Inequality in Latin America?
by Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn
- 1546-1568 Setting Priorities, Targeting Subsidies among Water, Sanitation, and Preventive Health Interventions in Developing Countries
by Whittington, Dale & Jeuland, Marc & Barker, Kate & Yuen, Yvonne
- 1569-1576 Does User Participation Lead to Sense of Ownership for Rural Water Systems? Evidence from Kenya
by Marks, Sara J. & Davis, Jennifer
- 1577-1593 Rural Poverty Dynamics in Kenya: Structural Declines and Stochastic Escapes
by Radeny, Maren & van den Berg, Marrit & Schipper, Rob
- 1594-1609 Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique
by Giesbert, Lena & Schindler, Kati
- 1610-1618 Assessing the Impact of Training on Lowland Rice Productivity in an African Setting: Evidence from Uganda
by Kijima, Yoko & Ito, Yukinori & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 1619-1633 Who is Vouching for the Input Voucher? Decentralized Targeting and Elite Capture in Tanzania
by Pan, Lei & Christiaensen, Luc
- 1634-1646 Does the Nonfarm Economy Offer Pathways for Upward Mobility? Evidence from a Panel Data Study in Ethiopia
by Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T.
- 1647-1662 Income Risk and Household Schooling Decisions in Burkina Faso
by Kazianga, Harounan
- 1663-1674 Family Hardship and Cultural Values: Child Labor in Malian Small-Scale Gold Mining Communities
by Hilson, Gavin
- 1675-1689 Microfinance and Poverty—A Macro Perspective
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav & Thapa, Ganesh & Annim, Samuel Kobina
- 1690-1699 Credit Program Participation and Decline in Violence: Does Self-Selection Matter?
by Chin, Yoo-Mi
- 1700-1711 Bequest Motives and Determinants of Micro Life Insurance in Sri Lanka
by Arun, Thankom & Bendig, Mirko & Arun, Shoba
2012, Volume 40, Issue 7
- 1283-1294 Do Free Trade Agreements Increase Economic Growth of the Member Countries?
by Hur, Jung & Park, Cheolbeom
- 1295-1307 Export Performance and Trade Facilitation Reform: Hard and Soft Infrastructure
by Portugal-Perez, Alberto & Wilson, John S.
- 1308-1316 Resource Curse and Power Balance: Evidence from Oil-Rich Countries
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Schneider, Friedrich
- 1317-1336 Natural Disasters and Growth: Going Beyond the Averages
by Loayza, Norman V. & Olaberría, Eduardo & Rigolini, Jamele & Christiaensen, Luc
- 1337-1351 The Spatial Interdependence of FDI in Latin America
by Blanco, Luisa R.
- 1352-1368 Constrained Gazelles: High Potentials in West Africa’s Informal Economy
by Grimm, Michael & Knorringa, Peter & Lay, Jann
- 1369-1381 Is the Informal Sector Constrained from the Demand Side? Evidence for Six West African Capitals
by Böhme, Marcus & Thiele, Rainer
- 1382-1393 Challenging the Myths of Urban Dynamics in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Evidence from Nigeria
by Potts, Deborah
- 1394-1406 Converting Asset Holdings into Livelihood: An Empirical Study on the Role of Household Agency in South Africa
by Anderson, Bret
- 1407-1417 Seasonal Food Crises and Policy Responses: A Narrative Account of Three Food Security Crises in Malawi
by Ellis, Frank & Manda, Elizabeth
- 1418-1434 As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming
by Bellemare, Marc F.
- 1435-1451 Economic Inequality and HIV in Malawi
by Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika
- 1452-1468 Health Inequality between Ethnic Minority and Han Populations in China
by Ouyang, Yusi & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 1469-1481 Joining the Dots of Agrarian Change in Asia: A 25 Year View from Thailand
by Rigg, Jonathan & Salamanca, Albert & Parnwell, Michael
2012, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 1083-1097 Equity in Climate Change: An Analytical Review
by Mattoo, Aaditya & Subramanian, Arvind
- 1098-1108 Governing International Advocacy NGOs
by Brown, L. David & Ebrahim, Alnoor & Batliwala, Srilatha
- 1109-1121 Building a BRIC? Stock Market Opening and Investment Finance in India since Liberalization
by Snowden, Nicholas & Muñoz, Jesús
- 1122-1134 Trade Contraction and Employment in India and South Africa during the Global Crisis
by Kucera, David & Roncolato, Leanne & von Uexkull, Erik
- 1135-1150 Changes in Wage Structure in Urban India, 1983–2004: A Quantile Regression Decomposition
by Azam, Mehtabul
- 1151-1163 Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes Over Time and Across States
by Asadullah, M. Niaz & Yalonetzky, Gaston
- 1164-1180 The Effect of Gender-Based Returns to Borrowing on Intra-Household Resource Allocation in Rural Bangladesh
by Alam, Saad
- 1181-1189 Microfinance and Moneylender Interest Rate: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Mallick, Debdulal
- 1190-1200 Identity, Inequality, and Happiness: Evidence from Urban China
by Jiang, Shiqing & Lu, Ming & Sato, Hiroshi
- 1201-1212 Women’s Entry into Self-employment in Urban China: The Role of Family in Creating Gendered Mobility Patterns
by Zhang, Qian Forrest & Pan, Zi
- 1213-1223 Auction Design for the Private Provision of Public Goods in Developing Countries: Lessons from Payments for Environmental Services in Malawi and Indonesia
by Ajayi, Oluyede C. & Jack, B. Kelsey & Leimona, Beria
- 1224-1239 Hunting for the Benefits of Joint Forest Management in the Eastern Afromontane Biodiversity Hotspot: Effects on Bushmeat Hunters and Wildlife in the Udzungwa Mountains
by Nielsen, Martin Reinhardt & Treue, Thorsten
- 1240-1254 Land Acquisition and the Adoption of Soil and Water Conservation Techniques: A Duration Analysis for Kenya and The Philippines
by Oostendorp, Remco H. & Zaal, Fred
- 1255-1268 Linking Smallholders to Markets: Determinants and Impacts of Farmer Collective Action in Kenya
by Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin
- 1269-1279 The Economic Sustainability of Certified Coffee: Recent Evidence from Mexico and Peru
by Barham, Bradford L. & Weber, Jeremy G.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 5
- 865-877 Where Do The Poor Live?
by Sumner, Andy
- 878-899 A Household-Based Human Development Index
by Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan
- 900-915 The Good Governance Indicators of the Millennium Challenge Account: How Many Dimensions are Really Being Measured?
by Knoll, Martin & Zloczysti, Petra
- 916-927 Vulnerability, Income Growth and Climate Change
by Ward, Patrick & Shively, Gerald
- 928-937 Revisiting the Trade-Migration Nexus: Evidence from New OECD Data
by Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Toubal, Farid
- 938-955 Migration, Human Capital Formation, and Growth: An Empirical Investigation
by Di Maria, Corrado & Lazarova, Emiliya A.
- 956-969 Skill Distribution and Comparative Advantage: A Comparison of China and India
by Asuyama, Yoko
- 970-982 State-led Technological Development: A Case of China’s Nanotechnology Development
by Huang, Can & Wu, Yilin
- 983-998 The Benefits of Formalization: Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing SMEs
by Rand, John & Torm, Nina
- 999-1012 The Impact of Connectivity on Market Interlinkages: Evidence from Rural Punjab
by Shami, Mahvish
- 1013-1023 Local Entrepreneurship within Global Value Chains: A Case Study in the Mexican Automotive Industry
by Contreras, Oscar F. & Carrillo, Jorge & Alonso, Jorge
- 1024-1041 Understanding and Improving Accountability in Education: A Conceptual Framework and Guideposts from Three Decentralization Reform Experiences in Latin America
by Gershberg, Alec Ian & González, Pablo Alberto & Meade, Ben
- 1042-1053 Distributive Politics and Conditional Cash Transfers: The Case of Brazil’s Bolsa Família
by Fried, Brian J.
- 1054-1067 Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana
by Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel
- 1068-1081 Wildlife Conservation in Zambia: Impacts on Rural Household Welfare
by Richardson, Robert B. & Fernandez, Ana & Tschirley, David & Tembo, Gelson
2012, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 657-666 Remittances and Institutions: Are Remittances a Curse?
by Abdih, Yasser & Chami, Ralph & Dagher, Jihad & Montiel, Peter
- 667-680 Hard or Soft Pegs? Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Trade in Africa
by Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed & Tsangarides, Charalambos G.
- 681-700 Aid, Real Exchange Rate Misalignment, and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Elbadawi, Ibrahim A. & Kaltani, Linda & Soto, Raimundo
- 701-714 The Rise of Large Farms in Land Abundant Countries: Do They Have a Future?
by Deininger, Klaus & Byerlee, Derek
- 715-730 Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F.
- 731-744 Triggers and Characteristics of the 2007 Kenyan Electoral Violence
by Dercon, Stefan & Gutiérrez-Romero, Roxana
- 745-757 Conflict Management, Decentralization and Agropastoralism in Dryland West Africa
by Turner, Matthew D. & Ayantunde, Augustine A. & Patterson, Kristen P. & Patterson, E. Daniel
- 758-770 Pitfalls of Externally Initiated Collective Action: A Case Study from South Africa
by Vollan, Björn
- 771-783 Minimum Wages and Household Poverty: General Equilibrium Macro–Micro Simulations for South Africa
by Pauw, Karl & Leibbrandt, Murray
- 784-795 Persistent Poverty in Rural China: Where, Why, and How to Escape?
by Glauben, Thomas & Herzfeld, Thomas & Rozelle, Scott & Wang, Xiaobing
- 796-807 Knowledge Transfer from TNCs and Upgrading of Domestic Firms: The Polish Automotive Sector
by Simona, Gentile-Lüdecke & Axèle, Giroud
- 808-820 Consumers’ Welfare and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from the Car Industry in Colombia
by Tovar, Jorge
- 821-835 Trade Liberalization, Inequality, and Poverty in Brazilian States
by Castilho, Marta & Menéndez, Marta & Sztulman, Aude
- 836-849 Comparing Forest Decentralization and Local Institutional Change in Bolivia, Kenya, Mexico, and Uganda
by Coleman, Eric A. & Fleischman, Forrest D.
- 850-864 Welfare Outcomes and the Advance of the Deforestation Frontier in the Brazilian Amazon
by Celentano, Danielle & Sills, Erin & Sales, Marcio & Veríssimo, Adalberto
2012, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 437-445 Governance, Private Investment and Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries
by Morrissey, Oliver & Udomkerdmongkol, Manop
- 446-457 The Impact of the Strategic Sale of Restructured Banks: Evidence from Indonesia
by Parinduri, Rasyad A. & Riyanto, Yohanes E.
- 458-468 How Can Micro and Small Enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa Become More Productive? The Impacts of Experimental Basic Managerial Training
by Mano, Yukichi & Iddrisu, Alhassan & Yoshino, Yutaka & Sonobe, Tetsushi
- 469-485 Changes in Trade Policies and the Heterogeneity of Domestic and Multinational Firms’ Strategic Response: The Effects on Firm-Level Capabilities
by Peerally, Jahan Ara & Cantwell, John A
- 486-500 The Political Economy of Relief Aid Allocation: Evidence from Madagascar
by Francken, Nathalie & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 501-515 The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on HIV and AIDS Programs in a High Prevalence Country: The Case of Malawi
by Serieux, John E. & Munthali, Spy & Sepehri, Ardeshir & White, Robert
- 516-527 Citizen Perceptions of Local Government Responsiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bratton, Michael
- 528-541 Community Organized Household Water Increases Not Only Rural incomes, but Also Men’s Work
by Crow, Ben & Swallow, Brent & Asamba, Isabella
- 542-554 Institutional Determinants of Success Among Forestry-Based Carbon Sequestration Projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Reynolds, Travis W.
- 555-569 Swimming Upstream: Local Indonesian Production Networks in “Globalized” Palm Oil Production
by McCarthy, John F. & Gillespie, Piers & Zen, Zahari
- 570-582 The Impact of Fair Trade Certification for Coffee Farmers in Peru
by Ruben, Ruerd & Fort, Ricardo
- 583-593 An Empirical Analysis of Gender Bias in Education Spending in Paraguay
by Masterson, Thomas
- 594-609 Skill Premium in Chile: Studying Skill Upgrading in the South
by Gallego, Francisco A.
- 610-619 Measurement of Women’s Empowerment in Rural Bangladesh
by Mahmud, Simeen & Shah, Nirali M. & Becker, Stan
- 620-630 Heterogeneous Effects of International Migration and Remittances on Crop Income: Evidence from the Kyrgyz Republic
by Atamanov, Aziz & Van den Berg, Marrit
- 631-642 Hidden Child Labor: Determinants of Housework and Family Business Work of Children in 16 Developing Countries
by Webbink, Ellen & Smits, Jeroen & de Jong, Eelke
- 643-655 Competition Between Microfinance NGOs: Evidence from Kiva
by Ly, Pierre & Mason, Geri
2012, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 223-237 Disaggregated Capital Flows and Developing Countries’ Competitiveness
by Ben Naceur, Sami & Bakardzhieva, Damyana & Kamar, Bassem
- 238-250 Rigidities in Employment Protection and Exporting
by Seker, Murat
- 251-265 Are Skilled Women More Migratory than Skilled Men?
by Docquier, Frédéric & Marfouk, Abdeslam & Salomone, Sara & Sekkat, Khalid
- 266-272 Aid Unpredictability and Economic Growth
by Kodama, Masahiro
- 273-290 Innovation and Productivity: Evidence from Six Latin American Countries
by Crespi, Gustavo & Zuniga, Pluvia
- 291-302 Impact of Pension Privatization on Foreign Direct Investment
by Reece, Christopher & Sam, Abdoul G.
- 303-314 Economic Crises, Maternal and Infant Mortality, Low Birth Weight and Enrollment Rates: Evidence from Argentina’s Downturns
by Cruces, Guillermo & Glüzmann, Pablo & Calva, Luis Felipe López
- 315-328 Detecting Gender and Racial Discrimination in Hiring Through Monitoring Intermediation Services: The Case of Selected Occupations in Metropolitan Lima, Peru
by Moreno, Martín & Ñopo, Hugo & Saavedra, Jaime & Torero, Máximo
- 329-341 Transaction Costs, Institutional Arrangements and Inequality Outcomes: Potato Marketing by Small Producers in Rural Peru
by Escobal, Javier A. & Cavero, Denice
- 342-354 Small Farmers and Big Retail: Trade-offs of Supplying Supermarkets in Nicaragua
by Michelson, Hope & Reardon, Thomas & Perez, Francisco
- 355-372 Is Bribery Really Regressive? Bribery’s Costs, Benefits, and Mechanisms
by Hunt, Jennifer & Laszlo, Sonia
- 373-386 Displaced Populations, Humanitarian Assistance and Hosts: A Framework for Analyzing Impacts on Semi-urban Households
by Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Bartlett, Anne & Saah, David
- 387-401 Why Do NGOs Go Where They Go? Evidence from Kenya
by Brass, Jennifer N.
- 402-413 Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Agricultural Productivity and Poverty in East Africa
by Davis, K. & Nkonya, E. & Kato, E. & Mekonnen, D.A. & Odendo, M. & Miiro, R. & Nkuba, J.
- 414-427 The Empowerment Route to Well-being: An Analysis of Farmer Field Schools in East Africa
by Friis-Hansen, Esbern & Duveskog, Deborah
- 428-435 Does Positional Concern Matter in Poor Societies? Evidence from a Survey Experiment in Rural Ethiopia
by Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter & Medhin, Haileselassie
2012, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-10 Aid Proliferation and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Kimura, Hidemi & Mori, Yuko & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 11-20 Social Transfers and Growth: What Do We Know? What Do We Need to Find Out?
by Barrientos, Armando
- 21-35 The Best Things in Life are (Nearly) Free: Technology, Knowledge, and Global Health
by Casabonne, Ursula & Kenny, Charles
- 36-48 Trade Barrier Volatility and Agricultural Price Stabilization
by Anderson, Kym & Nelgen, Signe
- 49-61 Beyond Trade: The Impact of Preferential Trade Agreements on FDI Inflows
by Medvedev, Denis
- 62-74 Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence from China
by Xu, Xinpeng & Sheng, Yu
- 75-95 Does Foreign Direct Investment Reduce Poverty in Africa and are There Regional Differences?
by Gohou, Gaston & Soumaré, Issouf
- 96-109 Can Public–Private Partnerships Leverage Private Investment in Agricultural Value Chains in Africa? A Preliminary Review
by Poulton, Colin & Macartney, Jon
- 110-123 Smallholder Irrigation as a Poverty Alleviation Tool in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Burney, Jennifer A. & Naylor, Rosamond L.
- 124-133 Cropland Allocation Effects of Agricultural Input Subsidies in Malawi
by Chibwana, Christopher & Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald
- 134-145 Drought and Population Mobility in Rural Ethiopia
by Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie
- 146-162 Household-Level Consumption in Urban Ethiopia: The Effects of a Large Food Price Shock
by Alem, Yonas & Söderbom, Måns
- 163-176 Social Protection in Sub-Saharan Africa: Getting the Politics Right
by Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Barrientos, Armando & Hickey, Samuel & Hulme, David
- 177-188 The Spread of Illegal Transgenic Cotton Varieties in India: Biosafety Regulation, Monopoly, and Enforcement
by Ramaswami, Bharat & Pray, Carl E. & Lalitha, N.
- 189-205 Governance Institutions, Resource Rights Regimes, and the Informal Mining Sector: Regulatory Complexities in Indonesia
by Spiegel, Samuel J.
- 206-222 Collective Remittances and the State: The 3×1 Program in Mexican Municipalities
by Aparicio, Francisco Javier & Meseguer, Covadonga
2011, Volume 39, Issue 12
- 2055-2068 Freely Disposable Time: A Time and Money Integrated Measure of Poverty and Freedom
by Hobbes, Marieke & De Groot, Wouter T. & Van Der Voet, Ester & Sarkhel, Sukanya
- 2069-2079 Trade Policy, Trade Costs, and Developing Country Trade
by Hoekman, Bernard & Nicita, Alessandro
- 2080-2090 Capital Flows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Mexico
by Ibarra, Carlos A.
- 2091-2104 “Emerging Donors” from a Recipient Perspective: An Institutional Analysis of Foreign Aid in Cambodia
by Sato, Jin & Shiga, Hiroaki & Kobayashi, Takaaki & Kondoh, Hisahiro
- 2105-2118 Knowledge Diffusion and Modernization of Rural Industrial Clusters: A Paper-manufacturing Village in Northern Vietnam
by Kimura, Yuichi
- 2119-2131 Local Means in Value Chain Ends: Dynamics of Product and Social Upgrading in Apparel Manufacturing in Guatemala and Colombia
by Pipkin, Seth
- 2132-2146 The Impact of Political Dependence on Small Island Jurisdictions
by Dunn, Leslie
- 2147-2164 Marginalized Forest Peoples’ Perceptions of the Legitimacy of Governance: An Exploration
by Colfer, Carol J. Pierce
- 2165-2175 The Effect of Irrigation on Poverty Reduction, Asset Accumulation, and Informal Insurance: Evidence from Northern Mali
by Dillon, Andrew
- 2176-2186 Farmer Participatory Research and Soil Conservation in Southeast Asian Cassava Systems
by Dalton, Timothy J. & Lilja, Nina K. & Johnson, Nancy & Howeler, Reinhardt
- 2187-2198 The Impact of Modern Economic Growth on Urban–Rural Differences in Subjective Well-Being
by Easterlin, Richard A. & Angelescu, Laura & Zweig, Jacqueline S.
- 2199-2210 Labor Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-behind Children and Elderly in Rural China
by Chang, Hongqin & Dong, Xiao-yuan & MacPhail, Fiona
- 2211-2220 Height and Cognitive Achievement of Vietnamese Children
by Duc, Le Thuc
- 2221-2231 Determinants of Dietary Quality: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Rashid, Dewan Arif & Smith, Lisa C. & Rahman, Tauhidur
- 2232-2244 Are Schooling and Roads Complementary? Evidence from Income Dynamics in Rural Indonesia
by Yamauchi, Futoshi & Muto, Megumi & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Dewina, Reno & Sumaryanto, Sony
- 2245-2256 Quality of Schooling, Returns to Schooling and the 1981 Vouchers Reform in Chile
by Patrinos, Harry A. & Sakellariou, Chris
2011, Volume 39, Issue 11
- 1891-1906 More Dollars than Sense: Refining Our Knowledge of Development Finance Using AidData
by Tierney, Michael J. & Nielson, Daniel L. & Hawkins, Darren G. & Roberts, J. Timmons & Findley, Michael G. & Powers, Ryan M. & Parks, Bradley & Wilson, Sven E. & Hicks, Robert L.
- 1907-1917 Aid Quality and Donor Rankings
by Knack, Stephen & Rogers, F. Halsey & Eubank, Nicholas
- 1918-1929 The Money Trail: Ranking Donor Transparency in Foreign Aid
by Ghosh, Anirban & Kharas, Homi
- 1930-1949 Rhetoric versus Reality: The Best and Worst of Aid Agency Practices
by Easterly, William & Williamson, Claudia R.
- 1950-1968 Are ‘New’ Donors Different? Comparing the Allocation of Bilateral Aid Between nonDAC and DAC Donor Countries
by Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer
- 1969-1980 The Rise (and Decline?) of Arab Aid: Generosity and Allocation in the Oil Era
by Shushan, Debra & Marcoux, Christopher
- 1981-1994 What Determines the Size of Aid Projects?
by Kilby, Christopher
- 1995-2009 The Localized Geography of Foreign Aid: A New Dataset and Application to Violent Armed Conflict
by Findley, Michael G. & Powell, Josh & Strandow, Daniel & Tanner, Jeff