2015, Volume 68, Issue C
2015, Volume 67, Issue C
- 1-10 Unintended Consequences of Community-Based Monitoring Systems: Lessons from an HIV Prevention Intervention for Sex Workers in South India
by Biradavolu, Monica R. & Blankenship, Kim M. & George, Annie & Dhungana, Nimesh
- 11-26 Skills and Youth Entrepreneurship in Africa: Analysis with Evidence from Swaziland
by Brixiová, Zuzana & Ncube, Mthuli & Bicaba, Zorobabel
- 27-37 Effect of Certified Organic Production Systems on Poverty among Smallholder Farmers: Empirical Evidence from Kenya
by Ayuya, Oscar I. & Gido, Eric O. & Bett, Hillary K. & Lagat, Job K. & Kahi, Alexander K. & Bauer, Siegfried
- 38-56 Finance and Growth for Microenterprises: Evidence from Rural China
by Beck, Thorsten & Lu, Liping & Yang, Rudai
- 57-71 Workfare as an Effective Way to Fight Poverty: The Case of India’s NREGS
by Ravi, Shamika & Engler, Monika
- 72-89 India’s Struggle Against Malnutrition—Is the ICDS Program the Answer?
by Jain, Monica
- 90-100 Bread, Justice, or Opportunity? The Determinants of the Arab Awakening Protests
by Costello, Matthew & Jenkins, J. Craig & Aly, Hassan
- 101-109 Financial Literacy among Working Young in Urban India
by Agarwalla, Sobhesh Kumar & Barua, Samir K. & Jacob, Joshy & Varma, Jayanth R.
- 110-125 Does Commercial Microfinance Belong to the Financial Sector? Lessons from the Stock Market
by Brière, Marie & Szafarz, Ariane
- 126-137 Redesigning the Indian Food Security System through E-Governance: The Case of Kerala
by Masiero, Silvia
- 138-150 The Unintended Consequence of an Export Ban: Evidence from Benin’s Shrimp Sector
by Houssa, Romain & Verpoorten, Marijke
- 151-160 Fair Enough? Food Security and the International Trade of Seafood
by Asche, Frank & Bellemare, Marc F. & Roheim, Cathy & Smith, Martin D. & Tveteras, Sigbjørn
- 161-173 When Assets are Vulnerabilities: An Assessment of Informal Recyclers’ Livelihood Strategies in Buenos Aires, Argentina
by Parizeau, Kate
- 174-185 Revisiting the Modernization Hypothesis: Longevity and Democracy
by Jacobsen, Joannes
- 186-201 International Comovement of Economic Fluctuations: A Spatial Analysis
by Wang, Miao & Wong, M.C. Sunny & Granato, Jim
- 202-217 Does Political Activism and Affiliation Affect Allocation of Benefits in the Rural Employment Guarantee Program: Evidence from West Bengal, India
by Das, Upasak
- 218-237 The Impact of Income and Non-Income Shocks on Child Labor: Evidence from a Panel Survey of Tanzania
by Bandara, Amarakoon & Dehejia, Rajeev & Lavie-Rouse, Shaheen
- 238-250 Technological Change, Skill Demand, and Wage Inequality: Evidence from Indonesia
by Lee, Jong-Wha & Wie, Dainn
- 251-266 Mobilization, Participatory Planning Institutions, and Elite Capture: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Rural Kenya
by Sheely, Ryan
- 267-280 Social Preferences and Agricultural Innovation: An Experimental Case Study from Ethiopia
by Kebede, Bereket & Zizzo, Daniel John
- 281-294 Aid Externalities: Evidence from PEPFAR in Africa
by Lee, Melissa M. & Izama, Melina Platas
- 295-309 Revenue Substitution? How Foreign Aid Inflows Moderate the Effect of Bilateral Trade Pressures on Labor Rights
by Lim, Sijeong & Mosley, Layna & Prakash, Aseem
- 310-322 Reversing the Brain Drain: Is it Beneficial?
by Hussain, Syed Muhammad
- 323-335 Fiscal Contracting in Latin America
by Bird, Richard M. & Zolt, Eric M.
- 336-362 Yield Gap-Based Poverty Gaps in Rural Sub-Saharan Africa
by Dzanku, Fred M. & Jirström, Magnus & Marstorp, Håkan
- 363-375 Only Mine or All Ours: Do Stronger Entitlements Affect Altruistic Choices in the Household
by Dasgupta, Utteeyo & Mani, Subha
- 376-395 Ethnic Diversity and Social Capital in Indonesia
by Mavridis, Dimitris
- 396-405 Intergenerational Earnings Mobility and Equality of Opportunity in South Africa
by Piraino, Patrizio
- 406-423 Policy Reform toward Gender Equality in Ethiopia: Little by Little the Egg Begins to Walk
by Kumar, Neha & Quisumbing, Agnes R.
- 424-437 Female Labor Force Participation and Household Dependence on Biomass Energy: Evidence from National Longitudinal Data
by Burke, Paul J. & Dundas, Guy
- 438-448 The Effect of Hydro-Meteorological Emergencies on Internal Migration
by Robalino, Juan & Jimenez, José & Chacón, Adriana
- 449-460 Decentralization, Institutional Ambiguity, and Mineral Resource Conflict in Mindanao, Philippines
by Verbrugge, Boris
- 461-474 The Effects of Rwanda’s Biogas Program on Energy Expenditure and Fuel Use
by Bedi, Arjun S. & Pellegrini, Lorenzo & Tasciotti, Luca
- 475-489 The Dynamics of Co-Management and Social Capital in Protected Area Management—The Cardoso Island State Park in Brazil
by Sessin-Dilascio, Karla & Prager, Katrin & Irvine, Katherine N. & de Almeida Sinisgalli, Paulo Antonio
- 490-505 Does Poverty Trap Rural Malagasy Households?
by Thomas, Anne-Claire & Gaspart, Frédéric
- 506-524 Human Capital, Discrimination, and the Gender Wage Gap in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Salma & McGillivray, Mark
- 525-534 Farming or Fighting? Agricultural Price Shocks and Civil War in Africa
by Fjelde, Hanne
2015, Volume 66, Issue C
- 1-15 Determinants of Empowerment in a Capability-Based Poverty Approach: Evidence from The Gambia
by Trommlerová, Sofia Karina & Klasen, Stephan & Leßmann, Ortrud
- 16-30 Optimal Weather Conditions, Economic Growth, and Political Transitions
by Cáceres, Neila & Malone, Samuel W.
- 31-48 Institutional Impact of Foreign Direct Investment in China
by Long, Cheryl & Yang, Jin & Zhang, Jing
- 49-68 Unpacking Postharvest Losses in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Meta-Analysis
by Affognon, Hippolyte & Mutungi, Christopher & Sanginga, Pascal & Borgemeister, Christian
- 69-83 Improving Identification of Demand-Side Obstacles to Schooling: Findings from Revealed and Stated Preference Models in Two SSA Countries
by Lincove, Jane Arnold
- 84-103 Heterogeneity of the Effects of Health Insurance on Household Savings: Evidence from Rural China
by Cheung, Diana & Padieu, Ysaline
- 104-117 A “Time of Agric”: Rethinking the “Failure” of Agricultural Programs in 1970s Ghana
by Wiemers, Alice
- 118-130 The Entrepreneur Makes a Difference: Evidence on MSE Upgrading Factors from Egypt, India, and the Philippines
by Hampel-Milagrosa, Aimée & Loewe, Markus & Reeg, Caroline
- 131-153 The Formation of Community-Based Organizations: An Analysis of a Quasi-Experiment in Zimbabwe
by Barr, Abigail & Dekker, Marleen & Fafchamps, Marcel
- 154-165 Growth, Growth Accelerations, and the Poor: Lessons from Indonesia
by Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Resosudarmo, Budy P.
- 166-188 Does Diversity Impair Human Development? A Multi-Level Test of the Diversity Debit Hypothesis
by Gerring, John & Thacker, Strom C. & Lu, Yuan & Huang, Wei
- 189-207 Democracy, Financial Openness, and Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions: Heterogeneity Across Existing Emission Levels
by You, Wan-Hai & Zhu, Hui-Ming & Yu, Keming & Peng, Cheng
- 208-221 The Impact of Private Food Standards on Developing Countries’ Export Performance: An Analysis of Asparagus Firms in Peru
by Schuster, Monica & Maertens, Miet
- 222-236 Heterogeneous Effects of Preferential Trade Agreements: How does Partner Similarity Matter?
by Cheong, Juyoung & Kwak, Do Won & Tang, Kam Ki
- 237-253 What Do State-Owned Development Banks Do? Evidence from BNDES, 2002–09
by Lazzarini, Sergio G. & Musacchio, Aldo & Bandeira-de-Mello, Rodrigo & Marcon, Rosilene
- 254-268 Integrated and Participatory Analysis of Water Governance Regimes: The Case of the Costa Rican Dry Tropics
by Kuzdas, Christopher & Wiek, Arnim & Warner, Benjamin & Vignola, Raffaele & Morataya, Ricardo
- 269-279 Forest-Based Livelihoods Strategies Conditioned by Market Remoteness and Forest Proximity in Jharkhand, India
by Belcher, Brian & Achdiawan, Ramadhani & Dewi, Sonya
- 280-292 Participatory Democracy and Effective Policy: Is There a Link? Evidence from Rural Peru
by Jaramillo, Miguel & Wright, Glenn Daniel
- 293-307 Long-Term Consequences of Colonial Institutions and Human Capital Investments: Sub-National Evidence from Madagascar
by Wietzke, Frank-Borge
- 308-321 Quantifying the Microeconomic Effects of War Using Panel Data: Evidence From Nepal
by Pivovarova, Margarita & Swee, Eik Leong
- 322-334 Monitoring Economic Development from Space: Using Nighttime Light and Land Cover Data to Measure Economic Growth
by Keola, Souknilanh & Andersson, Magnus & Hall, Ola
- 335-345 Microcredit: Empowerment and Disempowerment of Rural Women in Ghana
by Ganle, John Kuumuori & Afriyie, Kwadwo & Segbefia, Alexander Yao
- 346-358 Membership has its Privileges – The Effect of Membership in International Organizations on FDI
by Dreher, Axel & Mikosch, Heiner & Voigt, Stefan
- 359-370 Rainfall Shocks, Local Revenues, and Intergovernmental Transfer in Mali
by Sanoh, Aly
- 371-382 Public Services and the Poor in Laos
by Warr, Peter & Menon, Jayant & Rasphone, Sitthiroth
- 383-399 Development Aid and Growth in Transition Countries
by Askarov, Zohid & Doucouliagos, Hristos
- 400-412 Food Standards, Certification, and Poverty among Coffee Farmers in Uganda
by Chiputwa, Brian & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin
- 413-427 Coping with the Upheavals of Globalization in the Shea Value Chain: The Maintenance and Relevance of Upstream Shea Nut Supply Chain Organization in Western Burkina Faso
by Rousseau, Karen & Gautier, Denis & Wardell, D. Andrew
- 428-442 Does Education Empower Women? Evidence from Indonesia
by Samarakoon, Shanika & Parinduri, Rasyad A.
- 443-456 Evaluating Impacts of Watershed Development Program on Agricultural Productivity, Income, and Livelihood in Bhalki Watershed of Bardhaman District, West Bengal
by Datta, Nirupam
- 457-467 Balancing Skilled with Unskilled Migration in an Urbanizing Agricultural Economy
by Nguyen, Thinh T. & Saito, Hisamitsu & Isoda, Hiroshi & Ito, Shoichi
- 468-486 Infrastructure Provision, Gender, and Poverty in Indian Slums
by Parikh, Priti & Fu, Kun & Parikh, Himanshu & McRobie, Allan & George, Gerard
- 487-499 Corruption and Market Competition: Evidence from Post-Communist Countries
by Diaby, Aboubacar & Sylwester, Kevin
- 500-515 Income and Health in Tanzania. An Instrumental Variable Approach
by Fichera, Eleonora & Savage, David
- 516-531 The Role of Governance in Determining Foreign Aid Flow Composition
by Winters, Matthew S. & Martinez, Gina
- 532-556 Economic Inequality in the Arab Region
by Hassine, Nadia Belhaj
- 557-571 Intra-Household Resource Allocation under Negative Income Shock: A Natural Experiment
by Mottaleb, Khondoker A. & Mohanty, Samarendu & Mishra, Ashok K.
- 572-587 Remoteness, Urbanization, and India’s Unbalanced Growth
by Das, Samarjit & Ghate, Chetan & Robertson, Peter E.
- 588-597 Domestic Market Integration and Regional Economic Growth—China’s Recent Experience from 1995–2011
by Ke, Shanzi
- 598-613 Is Africa Actually Developing?
by King, Alan & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn
- 614-628 Flood-Induced Displacement and Civil Conflict
by Ghimire, Ramesh & Ferreira, Susana & Dorfman, Jeffrey H.
- 629-644 Co-location and Spatial Wage Spillovers in China: The Role of Foreign Ownership and Trade
by Elliott, Robert J.R. & Zhou, Ying
- 645-664 Missing Links, Missing Markets: Evidence of the Transformation Process in the Economic Networks of Gambian Villages
by Jaimovich, Dany
- 665-677 Do Stronger Intellectual Property Rights Increase Innovation?
by Sweet, Cassandra Mehlig & Eterovic Maggio, Dalibor Sacha
- 678-694 How Absorptive Capacity is Formed in a Latecomer Economy: Different Roles of Foreign Patent and Know-how Licensing in Korea
by Chung, Moon Young & Lee, Keun
- 695-706 Analysis of Adoption and Impacts of Improved Maize Varieties in Eastern Zambia
by Khonje, Makaiko & Manda, Julius & Alene, Arega D. & Kassie, Menale
- 707-718 NGOs, States, and Donors Revisited: Still Too Close for Comfort?
by Banks, Nicola & Hulme, David & Edwards, Michael
- 719-736 Are Rainfed Agricultural Households Insured? Evidence from Five Villages in Vidarbha, India
by Gaurav, Sarthak
- 737-748 The Role of Subsidization and Organizational Status on Microfinance Borrower Repayment Rates
by Chakravarty, Sugato & Pylypiv, Mariya I.
- 749-761 The Other Asian Enigma: Explaining the Rapid Reduction of Undernutrition in Bangladesh
by Headey, Derek & Hoddinott, John & Ali, Disha & Tesfaye, Roman & Dereje, Mekdim
- 762-777 Innovative Grassroots NGOS and the Complex Processes of Women’s Empowerment: An Empirical Investigation from Northern Tanzania
by Goldman, Mara J. & Little, Jani S.
2015, Volume 65, Issue C
- 1-5 Reprint of: Migration and Development Research is Moving Far Beyond Remittances
by Clemens, Michael A. & Özden, Çağlar & Rapoport, Hillel
- 6-26 A Global Assessment of Human Capital Mobility: The Role of Non-OECD Destinations
by Artuc, Erhan & Docquier, Frédéric & Özden, Çaglar & Parsons, Christopher
- 27-40 Bringing It All Back Home – Return Migration and Fertility Choices
by Bertoli, Simone & Marchetta, Francesca
- 41-61 Female Migration for Marriage: Implications from the Land Reform in Rural Tanzania
by Kudo, Yuya
- 62-78 The Feminization of International Migration and its Effects on the Children Left Behind: Evidence from the Philippines
by Cortes, Patricia
- 79-93 Miserable Migrants? Natural Experiment Evidence on International Migration and Objective and Subjective Well-Being
by Stillman, Steven & Gibson, John & McKenzie, David & Rohorua, Halahingano
- 94-109 The Drivers of Diaspora Donations for Development: Evidence from the Philippines
by Licuanan, Victoria & Omar Mahmoud, Toman & Steinmayr, Andreas
- 110-121 Overshooting the Savings Target: Temporary Migration, Investment in Housing and Development
by Djajić, Slobodan & Vinogradova, Alexandra
2014, Volume 64, Issue S1
- 1-11 Forests, Livelihoods, and Conservation: Broadening the Empirical Base
by Wunder, Sven & Angelsen, Arild & Belcher, Brian
- 12-28 Environmental Income and Rural Livelihoods: A Global-Comparative Analysis
by Angelsen, Arild & Jagger, Pamela & Babigumira, Ronnie & Belcher, Brian & Hogarth, Nicholas J. & Bauch, Simone & Börner, Jan & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven
- 29-42 Safety Nets, Gap Filling and Forests: A Global-Comparative Perspective
by Wunder, Sven & Börner, Jan & Shively, Gerald & Wyman, Miriam
- 43-55 Tenure and Forest Income: Observations from a Global Study on Forests and Poverty
by Jagger, Pamela & Luckert, Martin (Marty) K. & Duchelle, Amy E. & Lund, Jens Friis & Sunderlin, William D.
- 56-66 Challenging Perceptions about Men, Women, and Forest Product Use: A Global Comparative Study
by Sunderland, Terry & Achdiawan, Ramadhani & Angelsen, Arild & Babigumira, Ronnie & Ickowitz, Amy & Paumgarten, Fiona & Reyes-García, Victoria & Shively, Gerald
- 67-79 Forest Clearing in Rural Livelihoods: Household-Level Global-Comparative Evidence
by Babigumira, Ronnie & Angelsen, Arild & Buis, Maarten & Bauch, Simone & Sunderland, Terry & Wunder, Sven
- 80-90 Producing Woodfuel for Urban Centers in the Democratic Republic of Congo: A Path Out of Poverty for Rural Households?
by Schure, Jolien & Levang, Patrice & Wiersum, K. Freerk
- 91-100 Shocks, Income and Wealth: Do They Affect the Extraction of Natural Resources by Rural Households?
by López-Feldman, Alejandro
- 101-112 Can Smallholders Engage in Tree Plantations? An Entitlements Analysis from Vietnam
by Sikor, Thomas & Baggio, Jacopo Alessandro
- 113-124 Are Forest Incomes Sustainable? Firewood and Timber Extraction and Productivity in Community Managed Forests in Nepal
by Meilby, Henrik & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Byg, Anja & Larsen, Helle Overgaard & Nielsen, Øystein Juul & Puri, Lila & Rayamajhi, Santosh
- 125-134 Impacts of Protected Areas on Local Livelihoods in Cambodia
by Clements, Tom & Suon, Seng & Wilkie, David S. & Milner-Gulland, E.J.
- 135-148 Have We Managed to Integrate Conservation and Development? ICDP Impacts in the Brazilian Amazon
by Bauch, Simone C. & Sills, Erin O. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K.
- 149-158 Smallholder Specialization Strategies along the Forest Transition Curve in Southwestern Amazonia
by Duchelle, Amy E. & Almeyda Zambrano, Angélica M. & Wunder, Sven & Börner, Jan & Kainer, Karen A.
2014, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-17 Impact of South–South FDI and Trade on the Export Upgrading of African Economies
by Amighini, Alessia & Sanfilippo, Marco
- 18-32 Why there Should be No Political Foreign Aid Curse
by Altincekic, Ceren & Bearce, David H.
- 33-51 Evolution, Empowerment, and Emancipation: How Societies Climb the Freedom Ladder
by Welzel, Christian
- 52-64 The Blue Revolution in Asia: Upgrading and Governance in Aquaculture Value Chains
by Ponte, Stefano & Kelling, Ingrid & Jespersen, Karen Sau & Kruijssen, Froukje
- 65-78 Popular Economy in Santiago de Chile: State of Affairs and Challenges
by Bauwens, Thomas & Lemaître, Andreia
- 79-92 Certification and Access to Export Markets: Adoption and Return on Investment of Organic-Certified Pineapple Farming in Ghana
by Kleemann, Linda & Abdulai, Awudu & Buss, Mareike
- 93-103 Voter Response to Conservation Policies in Madagascar
by Moser, Christine M.
- 104-120 Does International Health Aid Follow Recipients’ Needs? Extensive and Intensive Margins of Health Aid Allocation
by Lee, Suejin A. & Lim, Jae-Young
- 121-124 Migration and Development Research is Moving Far Beyond Remittances
by Clemens, Michael A. & Özden, Çağlar & Rapoport, Hillel
- 125-139 Heterogeneous Demand for Drought-Tolerant Rice: Evidence from Bihar, India
by Ward, Patrick S. & Ortega, David L. & Spielman, David J. & Singh, Vartika
- 140-157 Multi-Domain Subjective Wellbeing of Two Canadian First Nations Communities
by Kant, Shashi & Vertinsky, Ilan & Zheng, Bin & Smith, Peggy M.
- 158-168 On the Interplay of Actors in the Co-Management of Natural Resources – A Dynamic Perspective
by Fischer, Anke & Wakjira, Dereje Tadesse & Weldesemaet, Yitbarek Tibebe & Ashenafi, Zelealem Tefera
- 169-180 Does Affirmative Action Reduce Productivity? A Case Study of the Indian Railways
by Deshpande, Ashwini & Weisskopf, Thomas E.
- 181-193 Rainfall Shocks and Within-Community Wealth Inequality: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia
by Thiede, Brian C.
- 194-205 Aiding and Abetting: Project Aid and Ethnic Politics in Kenya
by Briggs, Ryan C.
- 206-218 Women’s Participation in Community-Level Water Governance in Urban India: The Gap Between Motivation and Ability
by Das, Priyam
- 219-231 Does Welfare Enable Family Expenditures on Human Capital? Evidence from China
by Gao, Qin & Zhai, Fuhua & Yang, Sui & Li, Shi
- 232-242 Process and Pattern in Institutional Reforms: A Case Study of the Police Pacifying Units (UPPs) in Brazil
by Denyer Willis, Graham & Mota Prado, Mariana
- 243-258 Women’s Education: Harbinger of Another Spring? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Turkey
by Dinçer, Mehmet Alper & Kaushal, Neeraj & Grossman, Michael
- 259-272 Are Rural Youth in Ethiopia Abandoning Agriculture?
by Bezu, Sosina & Holden, Stein
- 273-285 Escalation of Real Wages in Bangladesh: Is it the Beginning of Structural Transformation?
by Zhang, Xiaobo & Rashid, Shahidur & Ahmad, Kaikaus & Ahmed, Akhter
- 286-297 Firm Level Determinants of International Certification: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Fikru, Mahelet G.
- 298-310 How Institutions Mediate the Impact of Cash Cropping on Food Crop Intensification: An Application to Cotton in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Theriault, Veronique & Tschirley, David L.
- 311-321 Impact of Information and Communication Technology-Based Market Information Services on Smallholder Farm Input Use and Productivity: The Case of Kenya
by Ogutu, Sylvester Ochieng & Okello, Julius Juma & Otieno, David Jakinda
- 322-338 Contract Enforcement and Investment: A Systematic Review of the Evidence
by Aboal, Diego & Noya, Nelson & Rius, Andrés
- 339-349 Does Trade Liberalization Promote Regional Disparities? Evidence from a Multiregional CGE Model of India
by Naranpanawa, Athula & Arora, Rashmi
- 350-365 Competition for Export Markets and the Allocation of Foreign Aid: The Role of Spatial Dependence among Donor Countries
by Barthel, Fabian & Neumayer, Eric & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Selaya, Pablo
- 366-383 FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays
by Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary
- 384-394 Inequalities in Universal Health Coverage: Evidence from Vietnam
by Palmer, Michael G.
- 395-406 The Impact of Common Property Right Forestry: Evidence from Ethiopian Villages
by Gelo, Dambala & Koch, Steven F.
- 407-419 Caste Comparisons in India: Evidence From Subjective Well-Being Data
by Fontaine, Xavier & Yamada, Katsunori
- 420-433 Why Worry About the Politics of Childhood Undernutrition?
by Nisbett, Nicholas & Gillespie, Stuart & Haddad, Lawrence & Harris, Jody
- 434-447 Does it Pay to Deliver? An Evaluation of India’s Safe Motherhood Program
by Joshi, Shareen & Sivaram, Anusuya
- 448-459 Are Poor People Less Happy? Findings from Melanesia
by Feeny, Simon & McDonald, Lachlan & Posso, Alberto
- 460-472 Can Microfinance Reach the Poorest: Evidence from a Community-Managed Microfinance Intervention
by Lønborg, Jonas Helth & Rasmussen, Ole Dahl
- 473-486 From State to Market: Private Participation in China’s Urban Infrastructure Sectors, 1992–2008
by Zhang, Yanlong
- 487-502 Lessons from an Integrated Community Health Education Initiative in Rural Laos
by Crawshaw, Lauren & Fèvre, Sonia & Kaesombath, Lampheuy & Sivilai, Bounlerth & Boulom, Sayvisene & Southammavong, Fongsamouth
- 503-520 Credit-Based Payments for Ecosystem Services: Evidence from a Choice Experiment in Ecuador
by Cranford, Matthew & Mourato, Susana
- 521-537 The Elusive Quest for Supply Response to Cash-Crop Market Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Cotton
by Delpeuch, Claire & Leblois, Antoine
- 538-553 Gender, Ethnicity, and Cumulative Disadvantage in Education Outcomes
by Taş, Emcet O. & Reimão, Maira Emy & Orlando, Maria Beatriz
- 554-568 Non-Farm Activity, Household Expenditure, and Poverty Reduction in Rural Vietnam: 2002–2008
by Hoang, Trung X. & Pham, Cong S. & Ulubaşoğlu, Mehmet A.
- 569-582 Feminization, Defeminization, and Structural Change in Manufacturing
by Kucera, David & Tejani, Sheba
- 583-596 Resettlement and Gender Dimensions of Land Rights in Post-Conflict Northern Uganda
by Adelman, Sarah & Peterman, Amber
- 597-608 The Role of Landholding as a Determinant of Food and Nutrition Insecurity in Rural Myanmar
by Rammohan, Anu & Pritchard, Bill
- 609-620 Is Aquaculture Pro-Poor? Empirical Evidence of Impacts on Fish Consumption in Bangladesh
by Toufique, Kazi Ali & Belton, Ben
- 621-641 Can Developing Countries Both Decentralize and Depoliticize Urban Water Services? Evaluating the Legacy of the 1990s Reform Wave
by Herrera, Veronica & Post, Alison E.
- 642-653 Psychological Agency: Evidence from the Urban Fringe of Bamako
by Klein, Elise
- 654-668 Consultation in Large-Scale Land Acquisitions: An Evaluation of Three Cases in Mali
by Nolte, Kerstin & Voget-Kleschin, Lieske
- 669-689 Education and Economic Growth: A Meta-Regression Analysis
by Benos, Nikos & Zotou, Stefania
- 690-702 The Paradigm of Agricultural Efficiency and its Implication on Food Security in Africa: What Does Meta-analysis Reveal?
by Ogundari, Kolawole
- 703-712 Using Subjectivity and Emotion to Reconsider Participatory Natural Resource Management
by Morales, Margaret C. & Harris, Leila M.
- 713-725 Technology and Productivity in African Manufacturing Firms
by Baptist, Simon & Teal, Francis
- 726-739 Social Policy after the Arab Spring: States and Social Rights in the MENA Region
by Karshenas, Massoud & Moghadam, Valentine M. & Alami, Randa
- 740-754 Fast-Track Institution Building in Conflict-Affected Countries? Insights from Recent Field Experiments
by King, Elisabeth & Samii, Cyrus
- 755-765 Social Protection: Rethinking Rights and Duties
by Ulriksen, Marianne S. & Plagerson, Sophie
- 766-780 Text Messaging and its Impacts on the Health and Education of the Poor: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Rural China
by Mo, Di & Luo, Renfu & Liu, Chengfang & Zhang, Huiping & Zhang, Linxiu & Medina, Alexis & Rozelle, Scott
- 781-790 Targeting REDD+: An Empirical Analysis of Carbon Sequestration in Indonesia
by Skidmore, Samuel & Santos, Paulo & Leimona, Beria
- 791-802 Does Smallholder Land Titling Facilitate Agricultural Growth?: An Analysis of the Determinants and Effects of Smallholder Land Titling in Zambia
by Sitko, Nicholas J. & Chamberlin, Jordan & Hichaambwa, Munguzwe
- 803-814 Parental Education as a Criterion for Affirmative Action in Higher Education
by Basant, Rakesh & Sen, Gitanjali
- 815-827 The Determinants of Intermediaries’ Power over Farmers’ Margin-Related Activities: Evidence from Adana, Turkey
by Xhoxhi, Orjon & Pedersen, Søren Marcus & Lind, Kim Martin & Yazar, Attila
- 828-842 To Pay or Not to Pay? Citizens’ Attitudes Toward Taxation in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Africa
by Ali, Merima & Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Sjursen, Ingrid Hoem
- 843-859 Beyond the Field: The Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Food Security and Poverty Alleviation
by Larsen, Anna Folke & Lilleør, Helene Bie
- 860-872 Can Government-Allocated Land Contribute to Food Security? Intrahousehold Analysis of West Bengal’s Microplot Allocation Program
by Santos, Florence & Fletschner, Diana & Savath, Vivien & Peterman, Amber
- 873-883 Environmental Licensing and Conflict in Peru's Mining Sector: A Path-Dependent Analysis
by Jaskoski, Maiah
2014, Volume 63, Issue C
- 11-32 Globalization, Structural Change, and Productivity Growth, with an Update on Africa
by McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani & Verduzco-Gallo, Íñigo
- 33-42 The Role of Rural–Urban Migration in the Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa
by de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim
- 43-58 Poverty Reduction During the Rural–Urban Transformation – The Role of the Missing Middle
by Christiaensen, Luc & Todo, Yasuyuki
- 59-77 Explaining Africa’s (Dis)advantage
by Harrison, Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 78-91 “Going Global in Groups”: Structural Transformation and China’s Special Economic Zones Overseas
by Bräutigam, Deborah & Tang, Xiaoyang
- 92-101 African Agriculture in 50Years: Smallholders in a Rapidly Changing World?
by Collier, Paul & Dercon, Stefan
- 102-112 Overcoming Successive Bottlenecks: The Evolution of a Potato Cluster in China
by Zhang, Xiaobo & Hu, Dinghuan
- 113-123 Can Cities or Towns Drive African Development? Economywide Analysis for Ethiopia and Uganda
by Dorosh, Paul & Thurlow, James
2014, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-13 Understanding Urban Wage Inequality in China 1988–2008: Evidence from Quantile Analysis
by Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie
- 14-29 Trade-offs and Payoffs of Investing in Human Development
by Sánchez, Marco V. & Cicowiez, Martín
- 30-41 Enhancing Inclusiveness of Rwanda’s Land Tenure Regularization Program: Insights from Early Stages of its Implementation
by Santos, Florence & Fletschner, Diana & Daconto, Giuseppe
- 42-61 Is Globalization Reducing Absolute Poverty?
by Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese
- 62-74 Why do Foresters Plant Trees? Testing Theories of Bureaucratic Decision-Making in Central India
by Fleischman, Forrest D.
- 75-87 Empowerment Through Microfinance: The Relation Between Loan Cycle and Level of Empowerment
by Weber, Olaf & Ahmad, Adnan
- 88-105 Women’s Empowerment and Prevalence of Stunted and Underweight Children in Rural India
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Annim, Samuel Kobina & Kulkarni, Veena S. & Gaiha, Raghav
- 106-124 Social Spending, Distribution, and Equality of Opportunities: The Opportunity Incidence Analysis
by Cuesta, Jose
- 125-137 Bedouin Adaptation to the Last 15-Years of Drought (1995–2010) in the North Coastal Zone of Egypt: Continuity or Rupture?
by Alary, Véronique & Hassan, Ferial & Daoud, Ibrahim & Aboul Naga, Adel & Osman, Mona A. & Bastianelli, Denis & Lescoat, Philippe & Moselhy, Naeem & Tourrand, Jean-François
- 138-154 Paths to Development: Is there a Bangladesh Surprise?
by Asadullah, M. Niaz & Savoia, Antonio & Mahmud, Wahiduddin
- 155-168 Market Signals of Unsustainable and Inequitable Forest Extraction: Assessing the Value of Illegal Timber Trade in the Eastern Arc Mountains of Tanzania
by Schaafsma, Marije & Burgess, Neil D. & Swetnam, Ruth D. & Ngaga, Yonika M. & Kerry Turner, R. & Treue, Thorsten
- 169-188 Heterogeneity in Informal Salaried Employment: Evidence from the Egyptian Labor Market Survey
by Radchenko, Natalia
- 189-200 Historicizing Sustainable Livelihoods: A Pathways Approach to Lead Mining in Rural Central China
by Lu, Jixia & Lora-Wainwright, Anna
- 201-212 Africa and the Clean Development Mechanism: What Determines Project Investments?
by Röttgers, Dirk & Grote, Ulrike
- 213-227 Migrants’ Choice of Remittance Channel: Do General Payment Habits Play a Role?
by Kosse, Anneke & Vermeulen, Robert
2014, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-10 Interpreting Institutional Fit: Urbanization, Development, and China’s “Land-Lost”
by Lian, Hongping & Lejano, Raul P.
- 11-52 Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture: What Role for Food Security in Bangladesh?
by Sraboni, Esha & Malapit, Hazel J. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Ahmed, Akhter U.
- 53-69 Macroeconomic Impacts of FDI in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis
by Iwasaki, Ichiro & Tokunaga, Masahiro
- 70-84 Estimating the Causal Effect of Forced Eradication on Coca Cultivation in Colombian Municipalities
by Reyes, Luis Carlos