Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
2017, Volume 94, Issue C
- 375-392 Characterizing social networks and their effects on income diversification in rural Kerala, India
by Johny, Judit & Wichmann, Bruno & Swallow, Brent M.
- 393-405 Pathways to Better Project Delivery: The Link Between Capacity Factors and Urban Infrastructure Projects in India
by An, Yehyun & Garvin, Michael J. & Hall, Ralph P.
- 406-421 Property Tax Revenues and Multidimensional Poverty Reduction in Colombia: A Spatial Approach
by Ramírez, Juan Mauricio & Díaz, Yadira & Bedoya, Juan Guillermo
- 422-447 Effectiveness of Active Labor Market Tools in Conditional Cash Transfers Programs: Evidence for Argentina
by López Mourelo, Elva & Escudero, Verónica
- 448-464 How Important is Parental Education for Child Nutrition?
by Alderman, Harold & Headey, Derek D.
- 465-477 Modeling Preference and Willingness to Pay for Drought Tolerance (DT) in Maize in Rural Zimbabwe
by Kassie, Girma T. & Abdulai, Awudu & Greene, William H. & Shiferaw, Bekele & Abate, Tsedeke & Tarekegne, Amsal & Sutcliffe, Chloe
- 478-491 Qualitative and Quantitative Evidence on the True Local Welfare Costs of Forest Conservation in Madagascar: Are Discrete Choice Experiments a Valid ex ante Tool?
by Rakotonarivo, O. Sarobidy & Jacobsen, Jette B. & Larsen, Helle O. & Jones, Julia P.G. & Nielsen, Martin R. & Ramamonjisoa, Bruno S. & Mandimbiniaina, Rina H. & Hockley, Neal
- 492-502 Ecological Restoration and Livelihood: Contribution of Planted Mangroves as Nursery and Habitat for Artisanal and Commercial Fishery
by Das, Saudamini
2017, Volume 93, Issue C
- 1-15 Urban Governance and the Politics of Climate change
by Castán Broto, Vanesa
- 16-30 Money Flows, Water Trickles: Understanding Patterns of Decentralized Water Provision in Tanzania
by Carlitz, Ruth D.
- 31-42 Ethnic Integration and Development in China
by Han, Enze & Paik, Christopher
- 43-61 Soil Properties, Crop Yield, and Economics Under Integrated Crop Management Practices in Karnataka, Southern India
by Wani, Suhas P. & Anantha, K.H. & Garg, Kaushal K.
- 62-74 Using National Statistics to Increase Transparency of Large Land Acquisition: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Harris, Anthony
- 75-93 Linking Economic Complexity, Institutions, and Income Inequality
by Hartmann, Dominik & Guevara, Miguel R. & Jara-Figueroa, Cristian & Aristarán, Manuel & Hidalgo, César A.
- 94-107 Enabling Mini-Grid Development in Rural India
by Comello, Stephen D. & Reichelstein, Stefan J. & Sahoo, Anshuman & Schmidt, Tobias S.
- 108-124 Does Local Development Influence Outmigration Decisions? Evidence from Indonesia
by Tiwari, Smriti
- 125-135 Understanding and Resolving Conflict Between Local Communities and Conservation Authorities in Colombia
by De Pourcq, K. & Thomas, E. & Arts, B. & Vranckx, A. & Léon-Sicard, T. & Van Damme, P.
- 136-152 Vulnerability to Cumulative Hazards: Coping with the Coffee Leaf Rust Outbreak, Drought, and Food Insecurity in Nicaragua
by Bacon, Christopher M. & Sundstrom, William A. & Stewart, Iris T. & Beezer, David
- 153-176 Inequality Between and Within Skill Groups: The Curious Case of India
by Goel, Manisha
- 177-192 The Role of Accountants in Indian Self-Help Groups: A Trade-off between Financial and Non-Financial Benefits
by Vandewalle, Lore
- 193-205 Exploring “The Remote” and “The Rural”: Open Defecation and Latrine Use in Uttarakhand, India
by O'Reilly, Kathleen & Dhanju, Richa & Goel, Abhineety
- 206-218 Transforming or Reproducing Conventional Socioeconomic Relations? Introducing a Regulationist Framework for the Assessment of Fairtrade
by Staricco, Juan Ignacio
- 219-235 Oil Palm Adoption, Household Welfare, and Nutrition Among Smallholder Farmers in Indonesia
by Euler, Michael & Krishna, Vijesh & Schwarze, Stefan & Siregar, Hermanto & Qaim, Matin
- 236-248 Fiscal Federalism at Work? Central Responses to Internal Migration in India
by Bhavnani, Rikhil R. & Lacina, Bethany
- 249-259 Improving Population and Poverty Estimates with Citizen Surveys: Evidence from East Africa
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 260-278 Mind the Gap: Analyzing the Impact of Data Gap in Millennium Development Goals’ (MDGs) Indicators on the Progress toward MDGs
by Jacob, Arun
- 279-292 What Drives China’s New Agricultural Subsidies?
by Lopez, Rigoberto A. & He, Xi & De Falcis, Eleonora
- 293-315 The Importance of Manufacturing in Economic Development: Has This Changed?
by Haraguchi, Nobuya & Cheng, Charles Fang Chin & Smeets, Eveline
- 316-336 Unconditional Cash Transfers in China: Who Benefits from the Rural Minimum Living Standard Guarantee (Dibao) Program?
by Golan, Jennifer & Sicular, Terry & Umapathi, Nithin
- 337-349 Property Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis Revisited
by Sikor, Thomas & He, Jun & Lestrelin, Guillaume
- 350-361 Social Capital and Its Contingent Value in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Western China
by Zhang, Yanlong & Zhou, Xiaoyu & Lei, Wei
- 362-373 Borrowing Money, Exchanging Relationships: Making Microfinance Fit into Local Lives in Kumaon, India
by Goodman, Rachael
- 374-388 Biopolitics Gone to Shit? State Narratives versus Everyday Realities of Water and Sanitation in the Mekong Delta
by Kotsila, Panagiota & Saravanan, V. Subramanian
- 389-401 Participatory Uses of Geospatial Technologies to Leverage Multiple Knowledge Systems within Development Contexts: A Case Study from the Peruvian Amazon
by Young, Jason & Gilmore, Michael
- 402-412 Who are the World’s Food Insecure? New Evidence from the Food and Agriculture Organization’s Food Insecurity Experience Scale
by Smith, Michael D. & Rabbitt, Matthew P. & Coleman- Jensen, Alisha
- 413-426 Escaping and Falling into Poverty in India Today
by Thorat, Amit & Vanneman, Reeve & Desai, Sonalde & Dubey, Amaresh
- 427-446 The Impact of Payments for Environmental Services on Communal Lands: An Analysis of the Factors Driving Household Land-Use Behavior in Ecuador
by Hayes, Tanya & Murtinho, Felipe & Wolff, Hendrik
- 447-459 When Does Economic Growth Improve Life Satisfaction? Multilevel Analysis of the Roles of Social Trust and Income Inequality in 46 Countries, 1981–2012
by Mikucka, Malgorzata & Sarracino, Francesco & Dubrow, Joshua K.
2017, Volume 92, Issue C
- 1-12 The Tragedy of the Grabbed Commons: Coercion and Dispossession in the Global Land Rush
by Dell’Angelo, Jampel & D’Odorico, Paolo & Rulli, Maria Cristina & Marchand, Philippe
- 13-27 Why Have Improved Cook-Stove Initiatives in India Failed?
by Khandelwal, Meena & Hill, Matthew E. & Greenough, Paul & Anthony, Jerry & Quill, Misha & Linderman, Marc & Udaykumar, H.S.
- 28-39 Citizens’ Preferences and the Portfolio of Public Goods: Evidence from Nigeria
by Bunte, Jonas B. & Kim, Alisha A.
- 40-59 Temporary Jobs, Institutions, and Wage Inequality within Education Groups in Central-Eastern Europe
by Perugini, Cristiano & Pompei, Fabrizio
- 60-81 What Constrains Financial Inclusion for Women? Evidence from Indian Micro data
by Ghosh, Saibal & Vinod, D.
- 82-102 What has Driven Deforestation in Developing Countries Since the 2000s? Evidence from New Remote-Sensing Data
by Leblois, Antoine & Damette, Olivier & Wolfersberger, Julien
- 103-116 Learning from Success: How Rwanda Achieved the Millennium Development Goals for Health
by Abbott, Pamela & Sapsford, Roger & Binagwaho, Agnes
- 117-129 Farm Decision Making and Gender: Results from a Randomized Experiment in Ecuador
by Alwang, Jeffrey & Larochelle, Catherine & Barrera, Victor
- 130-142 Can Rights of Nature Make Development More Sustainable? Why Some Ecuadorian lawsuits Succeed and Others Fail
by Kauffman, Craig M. & Martin, Pamela L.
- 143-157 Missing(ness) in Action: Selectivity Bias in GPS-Based Land Area Measurements
by Kilic, Talip & Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara
- 158-166 Coffee Certification and Forest Quality: Evidence from a Wild Coffee Forest in Ethiopia
by Takahashi, Ryo & Todo, Yasuyuki
- 167-176 The Legal Environment and Incentives for Change in Property Rights Institutions
by Hamilton-Hart, Natasha
- 177-191 How Does Gender Affect Sustainable Intensification of Cereal Production in the West African Sahel? Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Theriault, Veronique & Smale, Melinda & Haider, Hamza
- 192-202 The Role of Microfinance in Household Livelihood Adaptation in Satkhira District, Southwest Bangladesh
by Fenton, Adrian & Paavola, Jouni & Tallontire, Anne
- 203-214 Local Politics of Forest Governance: Why NGO Support Can Reduce Local Government Responsiveness
by Cook, Nathan J. & Wright, Glenn D. & Andersson, Krister P.
- 215-224 The World Bank Improving Environmental and Natural Resource Policies: Power, Deregulation, and Privatization in (Post-Soviet) Armenia
by Burns, Sarah L. & Krott, Max & Sayadyan, Hovik & Giessen, Lukas
- 225-241 Water Governance—An Historical Perspective on Current Debates
by Woodhouse, P. & Muller, M.
- 242-252 The Rush for Land in an Urbanizing World: From Land Grabbing Toward Developing Safe, Resilient, and Sustainable Cities and Landscapes
by Zoomers, Annelies & van Noorloos, Femke & Otsuki, Kei & Steel, Griet & van Westen, Guus
2017, Volume 91, Issue C
- 1-10 The Impact of Growth in Small Commercial Farm Productivity on Rural Poverty Reduction
by Mellor, John W. & Malik, Sohail J.
- 11-27 How Large Are Global Fossil Fuel Subsidies?
by Coady, David & Parry, Ian & Sears, Louis & Shang, Baoping
- 28-52 Community-Driven Development and Social Capital: Evidence from Morocco
by Nguyen, Tu Chi & Rieger, Matthias
- 53-69 Who Governs Socially-Oriented Voluntary Sustainability Standards? Not the Producers of Certified Products
by Bennett, Elizabeth A.
- 70-83 The Importance of Interplay Between Leadership and Social Capital in Shaping Outcomes of Rights-Based Fisheries Governance
by Crona, Beatrice & Gelcich, Stefan & Bodin, Örjan
- 84-99 Spice Price Spikes: Simulating Impacts of Saffron Price Volatility in a Gendered Local Economy-Wide Model
by Filipski, Mateusz & Aboudrare, Abdellah & Lybbert, Travis J. & Taylor, J. Edward
- 100-112 Reclaiming the Authority to Plan: How the Legacy of Structural Adjustment Affected Bolivia’s Effort to Recentralize Nutrition Planning
by Hoey, Lesli
- 113-124 Implications of Non-Farm Work to Vulnerability to Food Poverty-Recent Evidence From Northern Ghana
by Zereyesus, Yacob A. & Embaye, Weldensie T. & Tsiboe, Francis & Amanor-Boadu, Vincent
- 125-143 Evaluating the Performance of Alternative Municipal Water Tariff Designs: Quantifying the Tradeoffs between Equity, Economic Efficiency, and Cost Recovery
by Nauges, Celine & Whittington, Dale
- 144-155 The Consequences of Child Market Work on the Growth of Human Capital
by Sim, Armand & Suryadarma, Daniel & Suryahadi, Asep
- 156-172 Rainfall Shocks and the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Indian Agriculture
by Mahajan, Kanika
- 173-192 Intergenerational Education Effects of Early Marriage in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Delprato, Marcos & Akyeampong, Kwame & Dunne, Máiréad
- 193-207 Food Riots and Protest: Agrarian Modernizations and Structural Crises
by Bush, Ray & Martiniello, Giuliano
2017, Volume 90, Issue C
- 1-5 Reforming Performance-Based Aid Allocation Practice
by McGillivray, Mark & Pham, Thi Kim Cuong
- 6-16 Does Aid Availability Affect Effectiveness in Reducing Poverty? A Review Article
by Bourguignon, François & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 17-26 Performance Assessment, Vulnerability, Human Capital, and the Allocation of Aid Among Developing Countries
by Guillaumont, Patrick & McGillivray, Mark & Wagner, Laurent
- 27-40 How to Take into Account Vulnerability in Aid Allocation Criteria and Lack of Human Capital as Well: Improving the Performance Based Allocation
by Guillaumont, Patrick & Guillaumont Jeanneney, Sylviane & Wagner, Laurent
- 41-62 Women, Weather, and Woes: The Triangular Dynamics of Female-Headed Households, Economic Vulnerability, and Climate Variability in South Africa
by Flatø, Martin & Muttarak, Raya & Pelser, André
- 63-76 Positioning Missionaries in Development Studies, Policy, and Practice
by Smith, Jonathan D.
- 77-88 Can Agricultural Traders be Trusted? Evidence from Coffee in Ethiopia
by Minten, Bart & Assefa, Thomas & Hirvonen, Kalle
- 89-103 Taxing the unobservable: The impact of the shadow economy on inflation and taxation
by Mazhar, Ummad & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume
- 104-114 The Impact of Foreign Aid Allocation on Access to Social Services in sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Water and Sanitation
by Ndikumana, Léonce & Pickbourn, Lynda
- 115-127 How Does Corruption Affect Public Debt? An Empirical Analysis
by Cooray, Arusha & Dzhumashev, Ratbek & Schneider, Friedrich
- 128-146 How the New International Goal for Child Mortality is Unfair to Sub-Saharan Africa (Again)
by Lange, Simon & Klasen, Stephan
- 147-168 Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective
by Klasen, Stephan & Reimers, Malte
- 169-183 Husband and Wife Perspectives on Farm Household Decision-making Authority and Evidence on Intra-household Accord in Rural Tanzania
by Anderson, C. Leigh & Reynolds, Travis W. & Gugerty, Mary Kay
- 184-198 Water, Law, and Development in Chile/California Cooperation, 1960–70s
by Bauer, Carl & Catalán, Luis
- 199-212 Imagined Statehood: Wartime Rebel Governance and Post-war Subnational Identity in Sri Lanka
by Kubota, Yuichi
- 213-228 Unpacking the Effect of Decentralized Governance on Routine Violence: Lessons from Indonesia
by Pierskalla, Jan H. & Sacks, Audrey
- 229-241 Market Access, Well-being, and Nutrition: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Stifel, David & Minten, Bart
- 242-255 Did FDI Really Cause Chinese Economic Growth? A Meta-Analysis
by Gunby, Philip & Jin, Yinghua & Robert Reed, W.
- 269-280 Colonial Revenue Extraction and Modern Day Government Quality in the British Empire
by Broms, Rasmus
- 281-293 New Estimates on Educational Attainment Using a Continuous Approach (1970–2010)
by Jordá, Vanesa & Alonso, José M.
- 294-310 Large-Scale Agricultural Investments and Smallholder Welfare: A Comparison of Wage Labor and Outgrower Channels in Tanzania
by Herrmann, Raoul T.
- 311-328 Female-Headed Households and Living Conditions in Latin America
by Liu, Chia & Esteve, Albert & Treviño, Rocío
- 329-343 Explaining Aid Project and Program Success: Findings from Asian Development Bank Interventions
by Feeny, Simon & Vuong, Vu
- 344-359 The Unintended Long-Term Consequences of Mao’s Mass Send-Down Movement: Marriage, Social Network, and Happiness
by Wang, Shun & Zhou, Weina
- 360-368 Estimating the Causal Effect of Fertility on Women’s Employment in Africa Using Twins
by de Jong, Eelke & Smits, Jeroen & Longwe, Abiba
2017, Volume 89, Issue C
- 1-18 The Shanghai Effect: Do Exports to China Affect Labor Practices in Africa?
by Adolph, Christopher & Quince, Vanessa & Prakash, Aseem
- 19-33 From NGOs to Banks: Does Institutional Transformation Alter the Business Model of Microfinance Institutions?
by D’Espallier, Bert & Goedecke, Jann & Hudon, Marek & Mersland, Roy
- 34-56 Regional Labor Market Integration, Shadow Wages and Poverty in Vietnam
by Trung, Le Dang & Oostendorp, Remco H.
- 57-70 Long-Run Commodity Prices, Economic Growth, and Interest Rates: 17th Century to the Present Day
by Harvey, David I. & Kellard, Neil M. & Madsen, Jakob B. & Wohar, Mark E.
- 71-87 Infant Health during the 1980s Peruvian Crisis and Long-term Economic Outcomes
by Gutierrez, Federico H.
- 88-110 Does Large-Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda’s Electricity Access Roll-Out Program
by Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane
- 111-123 Measuring Segregation of the Poor: Evidence from India
by Dhongde, Shatakshee
- 124-139 Promising Change, Delivering Continuity: REDD+ as Conservation Fad
by Lund, Jens Friis & Sungusia, Eliezeri & Mabele, Mathew Bukhi & Scheba, Andreas
- 140-151 Estimating the Long-Term Impact of the Great Chinese Famine (1959–61) on Modern China
by Gooch, Elizabeth
- 152-169 Gender and Policy Roles in Farm Household Diversification in Zambia
by Saenz, Mariana & Thompson, Eric
- 170-183 Contradictory Land Use Plans and Policies in Laos: Tenure Security and the Threat of Exclusion
by Broegaard, Rikke Brandt & Vongvisouk, Thoumthone & Mertz, Ole
- 184-198 Tenure Security Premium in Informal Housing Markets: A Spatial Hedonic Analysis
by Nakamura, Shohei
- 199-213 Determinants of Farmers’ Land Use Decision-Making: Comparative Evidence From Thailand and Vietnam
by Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Nguyen, Loc Duc & Lippe, Rattiya Suddeephong & Grote, Ulrike
- 214-226 To Specialize or Diversify: Agricultural Diversity and Poverty Dynamics in Ethiopia
by Michler, Jeffrey D. & Josephson, Anna L.
- 227-239 Migration, Diversity, and Economic Growth
by Bove, Vincenzo & Elia, Leandro
2016, Volume 88, Issue C
- 1-9 Institutions, Foreign Direct Investment, and Domestic Investment: Crowding Out or Crowding In?
by Farla, Kristine & de Crombrugghe, Denis & Verspagen, Bart
- 10-11 Response to ‘Institutions, Foreign Direct Investment, and Domestic Investment: Crowding Out or Crowding In?’
by Morrissey, Oliver & Udomkerdmongkol, Manop
- 12-32 Can Multinational Enterprises Light up Developing Countries?
by D’Amelio, Matilde & Garrone, Paola & Piscitello, Lucia
- 33-49 Assessing Gender Inequality in Food Security among Small-holder Farm Households in urban and rural South Africa
by Tibesigwa, Byela & Visser, Martine
- 50-66 The Good Life, Affluence, and Self-reported Happiness: Introducing the Good Life Index and Debunking Two Popular Myths
by Delhey, Jan & Steckermeier, Leonie C.
- 67-78 Where do Property Rights Matter More? Explaining the Variation in Demand for Property Titles across Cities in Mexico
by Monkkonen, Paavo
- 79-93 The Effects of Migration on Collective Action in the Commons: Evidence from Rural China
by Wang, Yahua & Chen, Chunliang & Araral, Eduardo
- 94-106 Political Determinants of State Capacity in Latin America
by Grassi, Davide & Memoli, Vincenzo
- 107-121 Television is More Effective in Bringing Behavioral Change: Evidence from Heat-Wave Awareness Campaign in India
by Das, Saudamini
- 122-133 The Less Extreme, the More You Leave: Radical Islam and Willingness to Migrate
by Falco, Chiara & Rotondi, Valentina
- 134-151 Natural Resources and Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis
by Havranek, Tomas & Horvath, Roman & Zeynalov, Ayaz
- 152-174 Achieving Sustainability and Development through Collective Action? An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of the Bore Pool Sharing Program on Farm Incomes and Crop Choices
by Pradhan, Deepa & Ranjan, Ram
- 175-187 Does Gender Equality Promote Social Trust? An Empirical Analysis
by Cho, Seo-Young
- 188-200 “As a Husband I Will Love, Lead, and Provide.” Gendered Access to Land in Ghana
by Lambrecht, Isabel Brigitte
2016, Volume 87, Issue C
- 1-15 The State of Family Farms in the World
by Graeub, Benjamin E. & Chappell, M. Jahi & Wittman, Hannah & Ledermann, Samuel & Kerr, Rachel Bezner & Gemmill-Herren, Barbara
- 16-29 The Number, Size, and Distribution of Farms, Smallholder Farms, and Family Farms Worldwide
by Lowder, Sarah K. & Skoet, Jakob & Raney, Terri
- 30-49 The Economic Impact of Short-term IMF Engagement in Low-Income Countries
by Bal Gündüz, Yasemin
- 50-69 Does Political Reservation for Minorities Affect Child Labor? Evidence from India
by Kaletski, Elizabeth & Prakash, Nishith
- 70-87 Women’s Empowerment Across the Life Cycle and Generations: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Arestoff, Florence & Djemai, Elodie
- 88-106 The Aftermath of Financial Crises: A Look on Human and Social Wellbeing
by Mohseni-Cheraghlou, Amin
- 107-127 Institutional Adaptability in China: Local Developmental Models Under Changing Economic Conditions
by Shen, Xiaoxiao & Tsai, Kellee S.
- 128-138 Using Linguistic Networks to Explain Strength of Intellectual Property Rights
by Cook, Thomas R. & Liu, Amy H.
- 139-151 Sustainable Intensification and Farmer Preferences for Crop System Attributes: Evidence from Malawi’s Central and Southern Regions
by Ortega, David L. & Waldman, Kurt B. & Richardson, Robert B. & Clay, Daniel C. & Snapp, Sieglinde
- 152-170 Investigating the Gender Gap in Agricultural Productivity: Evidence from Uganda
by Ali, Daniel & Bowen, Derick & Deininger, Klaus & Duponchel, Marguerite
- 171-179 The Application of Traditional Dispute Resolution in Land Administration in Lay Armachiho Woreda (District), Northern Ethiopia
by Mequanent, Getachew
- 180-203 Low Emission Development Strategies in Agriculture. An Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Uses (AFOLU) Perspective
by De Pinto, Alessandro & Li, Man & Haruna, Akiko & Hyman, Glenn Graham & Martinez, Mario Andrés Londoño & Creamer, Bernardo & Kwon, Ho-Young & Garcia, Jhon Brayan Valencia & Tapasco, Jeimar & Martinez, Jesus David
- 204-214 Poverty Alleviation in Federal Systems: The Case of México
by Hernandez-Trillo, Fausto
- 215-226 The Political Effects of Agricultural Subsidies in Africa: Evidence from Malawi
by Dionne, Kim Yi & Horowitz, Jeremy
- 227-241 Quantifying Spillover Effects from Large Land-based Investment: The Case of Mozambique
by Deininger, Klaus & Xia, Fang
- 242-257 Improving Adult Literacy Without Improving The Literacy of Adults? A Cross-National Cohort Analysis
by Barakat, Bilal
- 258-273 Rethinking Land Endowment and Inequality in Rural Africa: The Importance of Soil Fertility
by Turner, Matthew D.
- 274-290 Delocalizing Communities: Changing Forms of Community Engagement in Natural Resources Governance
by Ojha, Hemant R. & Ford, Rebecca & Keenan, Rodney J. & Race, Digby & Carias Vega, Dora & Baral, Himlal & Sapkota, Prativa
- 291-306 Beyond “Good Governance”: The Multi-level Politics of Health Insurance for the Poor in Indonesia
by Fossati, Diego
- 307-317 Learning from Sustained Success: How Community-Driven Initiatives to Improve Urban Sanitation Can Meet the Challenges
by McGranahan, Gordon & Mitlin, Diana
- 318-332 Legacies of Inequity: How Hometown Political Participation and Land Distribution Shape Migrants’ Paths into Wage Labor
by Andrews, Abigail L.
- 333-348 Re-assessing the Impact of the Grandparent’s Income on the Infant Mortality Rate: An Evaluation of the Old Age Allowance Program in Nepal
by Li, Yunrong & Mora, Ricardo
- 349-359 Multilevel Geographies of Poverty in India
by Kim, Rockli & Mohanty, Sanjay K. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 360-370 The Role of Socio-political and Economic Factors in Fertility Decline: A Cross-country Analysis
by Wang, Qingfeng & Sun, Xu
- 371-384 Internal Borders: Ethnic-Based Market Segmentation in Malawi
by Robinson, Amanda Lea
- 385-400 The short-term impacts of development-induced displacement on wealth and subjective well-being in the Brazilian Amazon
by Randell, Heather
2016, Volume 86, Issue C
- 1-17 Informal versus Formal: A Panel Data Analysis of Earnings Gaps in Madagascar
by Nordman, Christophe J. & Rakotomanana, Faly & Roubaud, François
- 18-29 Does Freer Trade Really Lead to Productivity Growth? Evidence from Africa
by Bresnahan, Lauren & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremy & Mogues, Tewodaj
- 30-45 Wage Growth, Landholding, and Mechanization in Chinese Agriculture
by Wang, Xiaobing & Yamauchi, Futoshi & Otsuka, Keijiro & Huang, Jikun
- 46-58 Cultures of Entitlement and Social Protection: Evidence from Flood Prone Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh, India
by Akerkar, Supriya & Joshi, P.C. & Fordham, Maureen
- 59-78 Extreme Weather Events and Child Height: Evidence from Mongolia
by Groppo, Valeria & Kraehnert, Kati
- 79-94 Transnational Markets for Sustainable Development Governance: The Case of REDD+
by Gallemore, Caleb & Jespersen, Kristjan
- 95-110 Why Might Information Exacerbate the Gender Gap in Civic Participation? Evidence from Mali
by Gottlieb, Jessica
- 111-122 Beyond Participation and Accountability: Theorizing Representation in Local Democracy
by Fischer, Harry W.
- 123-132 Shifting Discourses of Vilification and the Taming of Unruly Mining Landscapes in Ghana
by Tschakert, Petra
- 133-147 The Mobile Phone in the Diffusion of Knowledge for Institutional Quality in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Asongu, Simplice A. & Nwachukwu, Jacinta C.
2016, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-15 Human-Scale Economics: Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Northeastern Thailand
by Moore, Joel D. & Donaldson, John A.
- 16-30 Men with Money and the “Vulnerable Women” Client Category in an AIDS Epidemic
by Poulin, Michelle & Dovel, Kathryn & Watkins, Susan Cotts
- 31-42 Political Instability and the Informal Economy
by Elbahnasawy, Nasr G. & Ellis, Michael A. & Adom, Assandé Désiré
- 43-57 Who Adopts LPG as the Main Cooking Fuel and Why? Empirical Evidence on Ghana Based on National Survey
by Karimu, Amin & Mensah, Justice Tei & Adu, George
- 58-72 Beyond “Landscape” in REDD+: The Imperative for “Territory”
by McCall, Michael K.
- 73-83 Corruption and Violations of Conservation Rules: A Survey Experiment with Resource Users
by Sundström, Aksel
- 84-104 Has Foreign Aid Been Effective in the Water Supply and Sanitation Sector? Evidence from Panel Data
by Gopalan, Sasidaran & Rajan, Ramkishen S.
- 105-125 Absence of Altruism? Female Disadvantage in Private School Enrollment in India
by Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha & Sharma, Anurag
2016, Volume 84, Issue C
- 1-17 Defying NGO-ization?: Lessons in Livelihood Resilience Observed Among Involuntarily Displaced Women in Mumbai, India
by Ramanath, Ramya
- 18-40 Can Informal Firms Hurt Registered SMEs’ Access to Credit?
by Distinguin, Isabelle & Rugemintwari, Clovis & Tacneng, Ruth
- 41-54 After the Deluge: A longitudinal study of resettlement at the Three Gorges Dam, China
by Wilmsen, Brooke
- 55-68 Migration and Self-Protection Against Climate Change: A Case Study of Samburu County, Kenya
by Ng’ang’a, Stanley Karanja & Bulte, Erwin H. & Giller, Ken E. & McIntire, John M. & Rufino, Mariana C.
- 69-81 The Effects of International Migration on Migrant-Source Households: Evidence from Ethiopian Diversity-Visa Lottery Migrants
by Mergo, Teferi
- 82-96 Golden Opportunity, or a New Twist on the Resource–Conflict Relationship: Links Between the Drug Trade and Illegal Gold Mining in Colombia
by Rettberg, Angelika & Ortiz-Riomalo, Juan Felipe
- 97-117 Interest Organizations and Distributive Politics: Small-Business Subsidies in Mexico
by Palmer-Rubin, Brian
- 118-130 Aid, Growth, and Devolution: Considering Aid Modality and Different Types of Decentralization
by Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther
- 131-148 The Cultural Transmission of Environmental Values: A Comparative Approach
by Litina, Anastasia & Moriconi, Simone & Zanaj, Skerdilajda
- 149-161 Water Meters and Monthly Bills Meet Rural Brazilian Communities: Sociological Perspectives on Technical Objects for Water Management
by Brown, Colin Andrew & Pena, João Luiz
- 162-175 Advocating for Change? How a Civil Society-led Coalition Influences the Implementation of the Forest Rights Act in India
by Barnes, Clare & van Laerhoven, Frank & Driessen, Peter P.J.
- 176-189 The Fallacy of Beneficial Ignorance: A Test of Hirschman’s Hiding Hand
by Flyvbjerg, Bent
- 190-205 Government Spending, Corruption and Economic Growth
by d’Agostino, Giorgio & Dunne, J. Paul & Pieroni, Luca
- 206-218 Aid for Trade and Greenfield Investment
by Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Ries, John
- 219-234 The Local Impact of Mining on Poverty and Inequality: Evidence from the Commodity Boom in Peru
by Loayza, Norman & Rigolini, Jamele
- 235-253 Rural Finance and Agricultural Technology Adoption in Ethiopia: Does the Institutional Design of Lending Organizations Matter?
by Abate, Gashaw Tadesse & Rashid, Shahidur & Borzaga, Carlo & Getnet, Kindie
- 254-265 Carbon Pricing Revenues Could Close Infrastructure Access Gaps
by Jakob, Michael & Chen, Claudine & Fuss, Sabine & Marxen, Annika & Rao, Narasimha D. & Edenhofer, Ottmar
- 266-281 Rational Herding toward the Poor: Evidence from Location Decisions of Microfinance Institutions within Pakistan
by Monne, Jérôme & Louche, Céline & Villa, Christophe
- 282-298 Collective Action in Decentralized Irrigation Systems: Evidence from Pakistan
by Nagrah, Aatika & Chaudhry, Anita M. & Giordano, Mark
- 299-311 Hands Off My Regime! Governments’ Restrictions on Foreign Aid to Non-Governmental Organizations in Poor and Middle-Income Countries
by Dupuy, Kendra & Ron, James & Prakash, Aseem
- 312-325 Determinants of the Level of Informality of Informal Micro-Enterprises: Some Evidence from the City of Lahore, Pakistan
by Williams, Colin C. & Shahid, Muhammad S. & Martínez, Alvaro
- 326-341 Do Informal Businesses Gain From Registration and How? Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam
by Demenet, Axel & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François
- 342-356 Analyzing the Determinants of the Shadow Economy With a “Separate Approach”. An Application of the Relationship Between Inequality and the Shadow Economy
by Dell’Anno, Roberto
2016, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-11 The Impact of Economic Sanctions on Income Inequality of Target States
by Afesorgbor, Sylvanus Kwaku & Mahadevan, Renuka
- 12-26 Moral Economy Meets Social Enterprise Community-Based Green Energy Project in Rural Burundi
by Cieslik, Katarzyna
- 27-38 Genetically Modified Maize: Less Drudgery for Her, More Maize for Him? Evidence from Smallholder Maize Farmers in South Africa
by Gouse, Marnus & Sengupta, Debdatta & Zambrano, Patricia & Zepeda, José Falck
- 39-53 Unwrapping Institutional Change in Fragile Settings: Women Entrepreneurs Driving Institutional Pathways in Afghanistan
by Ritchie, Holly A.
- 54-69 Government Impartiality and Sustained Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Ahlerup, Pelle & Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Bigsten, Arne
- 70-83 Impact of an Agricultural Value Chain Project on Smallholder Farmers, Households, and Children in Liberia
by Rutherford, Diana Duff & Burke, Holly M. & Cheung, Kelly K. & Field, Samuel H.
- 84-97 Sugarcane Outgrowers in Ethiopia: “Forced” to Remain Poor?
by Wendimu, Mengistu Assefa & Henningsen, Arne & Gibbon, Peter
- 98-110 Shared Mandates, Moral Hazard, and Political (Mis)alignment in a Decentralized Economy
by Estache, Antonio & Garsous, Grégoire & Seroa da Motta, Ronaldo
- 111-134 Intrahousehold Inequalities in Child Rights and Well-Being. A Barrier to Progress?
by Rodríguez, Laura
- 135-147 A Blessing in Disguise? Banking Crises and Institutional Change
by Andersson, Fredrik NG