2013, Volume 52, Issue C
- 104-119 Joint Titling in Rural Peru: Impact on Women’s Participation in Household Decision-Making
by Wiig, Henrik
- 120-131 Oil Exporters’ Dilemma: How Much to Save and How Much to Invest
by Cherif, Reda & Hasanov, Fuad
- 132-143 Soybeans, Poverty and Inequality in the Brazilian Amazon
by Weinhold, Diana & Killick, Evan & Reis, Eustáquio J.
2013, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-19 Lasting Welfare Effects of Widowhood in Mali
by van de Walle, Dominique
- 20-31 Violence, Instability, and Trade: Evidence from Kenya’s Cut Flower Sector
by Muhammad, Andrew & D’Souza, Anna & Amponsah, William
- 32-46 Capital Flight in the Presence of Domestic Borrowing: Evidence from Eastern European Economies
by Brada, Josef C. & Kutan, Ali M. & Vukšić, Goran
- 47-61 Does Industry Affiliation Influence Wages? Evidence from Indonesia and the Asian Financial Crisis
by Mehta, Aashish & Sun, Wei
- 62-70 Food Versus Fuel: Extractive Industries, Insecure Land Tenure, and Gaps in World Food Production
by Rudel, Thomas K.
- 71-90 The Vulnerability of Microfinance to Financial Turmoil – Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis
by Wagner, Charlotte & Winkler, Adalbert
- 91-103 The Determinants of Capital Intensity in Manufacturing: The Role of Factor Market Imperfections
by Hasan, Rana & Mitra, Devashish & Sundaram, Asha
- 104-118 Export Upgrading and Growth: The Prerequisite of Domestic Embeddedness
by Poncet, Sandra & Starosta de Waldemar, Felipe
- 119-131 Are Carbon Taxes Good for the Poor? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Vietnam
by Coxhead, Ian & Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Nguyen, Chan V.
- 132-153 Monetization, Financial Development, and Growth: Time Series Evidence from 22 Countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Rousseau, Peter L. & D’Onofrio, Alexandra
- 154-168 Political Influence of Exporting and Import-Competing Firms: Evidence from Eastern European and Central Asian Countries
by Yasar, Mahmut
- 169-186 Anti-dumping Duties and their Impact on Exporters: Firm Level Evidence from China
by Chandra, Piyush & Long, Cheryl
- 187-206 How Much Do Rights Matter?
by Fedderke, Johannes & Klitgaard, Robert
- 207-220 Child Labor Variation by Type of Respondent: Evidence from a Large-Scale Study
by Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose
- 221-233 Drivers of Export Upgrading
by Zhu, Shujin & Fu, Xiaolan
- 234-244 Escaping Capability Traps Through Problem Driven Iterative Adaptation (PDIA)
by Andrews, Matt & Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael
2013, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-12 Implementing Social Protection in Agro-pastoralist and Pastoralist Areas: How Local Distribution Structures Moderate PSNP Outcomes in Ethiopia
by Sabates-Wheeler, Rachel & Lind, Jeremy & Hoddinott, John
- 13-23 Motives to Remit: Evidence from Tracked Internal Migrants in Ethiopia
by de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Woldehanna, Tassew
- 24-40 The Impact of Remittances on Investment and Poverty in Ghana
by Adams, Richard H. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo
- 41-56 FDI and Local Linkages in Developing Countries: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Amendolagine, Vito & Boly, Amadou & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele & Prota, Francesco & Seric, Adnan
- 57-73 A Drop of Water in the Indian Ocean? The Impact of GlobalGap Certification on Lychee Farmers in Madagascar
by Subervie, Julie & Vagneron, Isabelle
- 74-90 Who Benefits from Economic Freedom? Unraveling the Effect of Economic Freedom on Subjective Well-Being
by Gehring, Kai
2013, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-8 On The Choice and Impacts of Innovative International Food Assistance Instruments
by Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Maxwell, Daniel G.
- 9-18 The Timeliness and Cost-Effectiveness of the Local and Regional Procurement of Food Aid
by Lentz, Erin C. & Passarelli, Simone & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 19-29 Market Prices and Food Aid Local and Regional Procurement and Distribution: A Multi-Country Analysis
by Garg, Teevrat & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Lentz, Erin C. & Violette, William J.
- 30-43 Recipients’ Satisfaction with Locally Procured Food Aid Rations: Comparative Evidence from a Three Country Matched Survey
by Violette, William J. & Harou, Aurélie P. & Upton, Joanna B. & Bell, Samuel D. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Lentz, Erin C.
- 44-57 Tradeoffs or Synergies? Assessing Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement through Case Studies in Burkina Faso and Guatemala
by Harou, Aurélie P. & Upton, Joanna B. & Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I.
- 58-67 Enhancing Nutrition: A New Tool for Ex-Ante Comparison of Commodity-based Vouchers and Food Transfers
by Ryckembusch, David & Frega, Romeo & Silva, Marcio Guilherme & Gentilini, Ugo & Sanogo, Issa & Grede, Nils & Brown, Lynn
- 68-79 What Drives Program Choice in Food Security Crises? Examining the “Response Analysis” Question
by Maxwell, Daniel G. & Parker, John W. & Stobaugh, Heather C.
2013, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-18 Contemporary Processes of Large-Scale Land Acquisition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Legal Deficiency or Elite Capture of the Rule of Law?
by German, Laura & Schoneveld, George & Mwangi, Esther
- 19-31 Bad Governance and Poor Children: A Comparative Analysis of Government Efficiency and Severe Child Deprivation in 68 Low- and Middle-income Countries
by Halleröd, Björn & Rothstein, Bo & Daoud, Adel & Nandy, Shailen
- 32-47 Geography of Gender Gaps: Regional Patterns of Income and Farm–Nonfarm Interaction Among Male- and Female-Headed Households in Eight African Countries
by Andersson Djurfeldt, Agnes & Djurfeldt, Göran & Bergman Lodin, Johanna
- 48-70 Child Poverty in an Emergency and Conflict Context: A Multidimensional Profile and an Identification of the Poorest Children in Western Darfur
by Trani, Jean-François & Cannings, Tim I.
- 71-87 Institutional Solutions to the Asymmetric Information Problem in Health and Development Services for the Poor
by Leonard, David K. & Bloom, Gerald & Hanson, Kara & O’Farrell, Juan & Spicer, Neil
- 88-107 Does Parental Disability Matter to Child Education? Evidence from Vietnam
by Mont, Daniel & Nguyen, Cuong
- 108-119 The Demand Side of Social Protection: Lessons from Cambodia’s Labor Rights Experience
by DiCaprio, Alisa
- 120-132 Managing Wild Resources: Institutional Choice and the Recovery of Resource Rent in Southwest China
by Robinson, Brian E. & Provencher, Bill & Lewis, David J.
- 133-155 How Effective are Cash Transfers at Improving Nutritional Status?
by Manley, James & Gitter, Seth & Slavchevska, Vanya
- 156-169 Land Retirement and Nonfarm Labor Market Participation: An Analysis of China’s Sloping Land Conversion Program
by Kelly, Peter & Huo, Xuexi
2013, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-15 Social Norms and Aspirations: Age of Marriage and Education in Rural India
by Maertens, Annemie
- 16-29 Rising Regional Inequality in China: Fact or Artifact?
by Li, Chao & Gibson, John
- 30-41 Frustrated Freedom: The Effects of Agency and Wealth on Wellbeing in Rural Mozambique
by Victor, Bart & Fischer, Edward F. & Cooil, Bruce & Vergara, Alfredo & Mukolo, Abraham & Blevins, Meridith
- 42-57 Going Where the Money Is: Strategies for Taxing Economic Elites in Unequal Democracies
by Fairfield, Tasha
- 58-70 Rethinking Microentrepreneurship and Business Development Programs: Vulnerability and Ambition in Low-income Urban Caribbean Households
by Verrest, Hebe
- 71-86 The Political Dynamics of Economic Growth
by Sen, Kunal
- 87-101 The Impact of International Standards Certification on the Performance of Firms in Less Developed Countries
by Goedhuys, Micheline & Sleuwaegen, Leo
- 102-120 Access to Finance in Sub-Saharan Africa: Is There a Gender Gap?
by Aterido, Reyes & Beck, Thorsten & Iacovone, Leonardo
- 121-135 Gender and Microfinance Performance: Why Does the Institutional Context Matter?
by Boehe, Dirk Michael & Barin Cruz, Luciano
- 136-148 Privatization of Education and Labor Force Inequality in Urban Francophone Africa: The Transition from School to Work in Ouagadougou
by Calvès, Anne E. & Kobiané, Jean-François & N’Bouké, Afiwa
2013, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-13 Using Census Data to Explore the Spatial Distribution of Human Development
by Permanyer, Iñaki
- 14-29 Can One-to-One Computing Narrow the Digital Divide and the Educational Gap in China? The Case of Beijing Migrant Schools
by Mo, Di & Swinnen, Johan & Zhang, Linxiu & Yi, Hongmei & Qu, Qinghe & Boswell, Matthew & Rozelle, Scott
- 30-44 Missing Millions and Measuring Development Progress
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 45-65 US based NGOs in International Development: Financial and Economic Determinants of Survival
by Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes & Schwörer, Tillmann
- 66-78 Innovation, Intellectual Property Rights, and Economic Development: A Unified Empirical Investigation
by Hudson, John & Minea, Alexandru
- 79-91 Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Lledó, Victor & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos
- 92-103 Fiscal Incentives, Public Spending, and Productivity – County-Level Evidence from a Chinese Province
by Brehm, Stefan
- 104-112 Revisiting the Issue of Elite Capture of Participatory Initiatives
by Lund, Jens Friis & Saito-Jensen, Moeko
- 113-142 Revisiting the Effects of IMF Programs on Poverty and Inequality
by Oberdabernig, Doris A.
- 143-152 Are Remittances a Substitute for Credit? Carrying the Financial Burden of Health Shocks in National and Transnational Households
by Ambrosius, Christian & Cuecuecha, Alfredo
- 153-164 Protecting Power: How Western States Retain The Dominant Voice in The World Bank’s Governance
by Vestergaard, Jakob & Wade, Robert H.
- 165-175 Institutions, Infrastructure, and Trade
by Francois, Joseph & Manchin, Miriam
- 176-184 Determinants of Expenditure Decentralization: Evidence from China
by Wu, Alfred M. & Wang, Wen
- 185-196 The Global Food Crisis: Disaster, Opportunity or Non-event? Household Level Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire
by Dimova, Ralitza & Gbakou, Monnet
- 197-210 Financial Efficiency and Social Impact of Microfinance Institutions Using Self-Organizing Maps
by Louis, Philippe & Seret, Alex & Baesens, Bart
- 223-233 Does Economic Upgrading Lead to Social Upgrading in Global Production Networks? Evidence from Morocco
by Rossi, Arianna
- 234-251 Private Donations, Government Grants, Commercial Activities, and Fundraising: Cointegration and Causality for NGOs in International Development Cooperation
by Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter
2013, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-16 Structural Change in Developing Countries: Has it Decreased Gender Inequality?
by Rendall, Michelle
- 17-30 The Effect of Women’s Bargaining Power on Child Nutrition in Rural Senegal
by Lépine, Aurélia & Strobl, Eric
- 31-50 From Nutrition to Aspirations and Self-Efficacy: Gender Bias over Time among Children in Four Countries
by Dercon, Stefan & Singh, Abhijeet
- 51-62 Does Prime-Age Mortality Reduce Per-Capita Household Income? Evidence from Rural Zambia
by Omar Mahmoud, Toman & Thiele, Rainer
- 63-74 Reversing Urban Bias in African Rice Markets: Evidence from Senegal
by Demont, Matty & Rutsaert, Pieter & Ndour, Maimouna & Verbeke, Wim
- 75-91 Disrupting Demand for Commercial Seed: Input Subsidies in Malawi and Zambia
by Mason, Nicole M. & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob
- 92-107 Fiscal Capacity and the Quality of Government in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Bigsten, Arne
- 108-118 Nation-Building and Conflict in Modern Africa
by Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra & Green, Elliott
- 119-136 The Effects of Risk and Shocks on Non-Farm Enterprise Development in Rural Ethiopia
by Rijkers, Bob & Söderbom, Måns
- 137-146 Corporate-Led Sustainable Development and Energy Poverty Alleviation at the Bottom of the Pyramid: The Case of the CleanCook in Nigeria
by Sesan, Temilade & Raman, Sujatha & Clifford, Mike & Forbes, Ian
- 147-160 Can Big Push Interventions Take Small-Scale Farmers out of Poverty? Insights from the Sauri Millennium Village in Kenya
by Wanjala, Bernadette M. & Muradian, Roldan
- 161-174 The In-House Contracting Paradox: Flexibility, Control, and Tension
by Lee, Jong-Woon
- 175-188 Human Rights Treaty Ratification of Aid Receiving Countries
by Magesan, Arvind
- 189-208 The Privatization of the Fixed-Line Telecommunications Operator in OECD, Latin America, Asia, and Africa: One Size Does Not Fit All
by Gasmi, F. & Maingard, A. & Noumba, P. & Recuero Virto, L.
- 209-222 Job Creation through Infrastructure Investment in the Middle East and North Africa
by Ianchovichina, Elena & Estache, Antonio & Foucart, Renaud & Garsous, Grégoire & Yepes, Tito
- 223-238 Returning to Dakar: A Mixed Methods Analysis of the Role of Migration Experience for Occupational Status
by Mezger Kveder, Cora Leonie & Flahaux, Marie-Laurence
- 239-251 A Matter of Time: Revisiting Growth Convergence in China
by Andersson, Fredrik N.G. & Edgerton, David L. & Opper, Sonja
- 252-268 Gender Inequality in Social Institutions and Gendered Development Outcomes
by Branisa, Boris & Klasen, Stephan & Ziegler, Maria
- 269-285 Ten Years of “Q-Squared”: Implications for Understanding and Explaining Poverty
by Shaffer, Paul
- 286-295 The Politics of Code Enforcement and Implementation in Vietnam’s Apparel and Footwear Factories
by Kim, Jee Young
- 296-313 The Economics of the Arab Spring
by Malik, Adeel & Awadallah, Bassem
- 314-324 The Social Determinants of the Rule of Law: A Comparison of Jamaica and Barbados
by Dawson, Andrew
- 325-336 Governance of Global Value Chains in Response to Food Safety and Certification Standards: The Case of Shrimp from Vietnam
by Tran, Nhuong & Bailey, Conner & Wilson, Norbert & Phillips, Michael
- 337-351 Demographic Transition in Resource Rich Countries: A Blessing or a Curse?
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza
2013, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-13 Global Poverty Estimates: A Sensitivity Analysis
by Dhongde, Shatakshee & Minoiu, Camelia
- 14-30 Super Cycles of Commodity Prices Since the Mid-Nineteenth Century
by Erten, Bilge & Ocampo, José Antonio
- 31-43 Effects of Global Liquidity on Commodity and Food Prices
by Belke, Ansgar & Bordon, Ingo G. & Volz, Ulrich
- 44-62 Did High Debts Distort Loan and Grant Allocation to IDA Countries?
by Marchesi, Silvia & Missale, Alessandro
- 63-76 Aid Tying and Donor Fragmentation
by Knack, Stephen & Smets, Lodewijk
- 77-87 Can Poor Countries Lobby for More US Bilateral Aid?
by Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V.
- 88-109 The Role of Country-of-Origin Characteristics for Foreign Direct Investment and Technical Cooperation in Post-Reform India
by Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya
- 110-128 The Needy Donor: An Empirical Analysis of India’s Aid Motives
by Fuchs, Andreas & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya
- 129-141 Declining Inequality in Latin America in the 2000s: The Cases of Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico
by Lustig, Nora & Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo
- 142-155 Shopping for Development: Multilateral Lending, Shareholder Composition and Borrower Preferences
by Humphrey, Chris & Michaelowa, Katharina
- 156-164 Should Countries Engage in a Race to the Bottom? The Effect of Social Spending on FDI
by Hecock, R. Douglas & Jepsen, Eric M.
- 165-179 The Economic Growth Effect of Offshore Banking in Host Territories: Evidence from the Caribbean
by Butkiewicz, James L. & Gordon, Leo-Rey C.
- 180-193 Economic Performance under NAFTA: A Firm-Level Analysis of the Trade-productivity Linkages
by De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Iacovone, Leonardo
- 194-211 Cross-Country Heterogeneity and the Trade-Income Relationship
by Herzer, Dierk
- 212-224 Credit contraction and international trade: Evidence from Chilean exporters
by Aisen, Ari & Álvarez, Roberto & Sagner, Andrés & Turén, Javier
- 225-240 Geography and the Determinants of Firm Exports in Indonesia
by Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Tselios, Vassilis & Winkler, Deborah & Farole, Thomas
- 241-255 Disentangling the Effects of Fair Trade on the Quality of Malian Cotton
by Balineau, Gaëlle
- 256-266 Globalization and Gender Wage Inequality in China
by Chen, Zhihong & Ge, Ying & Lai, Huiwen & Wan, Chi
- 267-280 Financial Inclusion and Financial Integrity: Aligned Incentives?
by de Koker, Louis & Jentzsch, Nicola
- 281-299 The Globalization of Technology in Emerging Markets: A Gravity Model on the Determinants of International Patent Collaborations
by Montobbio, Fabio & Sterzi, Valerio
2013, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-18 Democracy, State Capacity, and Economic Growth
by Knutsen, Carl Henrik
- 19-41 The Resource Curse and its Potential Reversal
by Boschini, Anne & Pettersson, Jan & Roine, Jesper
- 42-55 Displacement and Erosion of Informal Risk-Sharing: Evidence from Nepal
by Lam, Lai Ming & Paul, Saumik
- 56-66 What is Autonomous Adaption? Resource Scarcity and Smallholder Agency in Thailand
by Forsyth, Tim & Evans, Natalie
- 67-83 Electoral Competition and Local Government Responsiveness in Brazil
by Arvate, Paulo Roberto
- 84-99 Palmed Off: Incentive Problems with Joint-Venture Schemes for Oil Palm Development on Customary Land
by Cramb, R.A.
- 100-110 The Impact of Kinship Networks on the Adoption of Risk-Mitigating Strategies in Ethiopia
by Di Falco, Salvatore & Bulte, Erwin
- 111-123 The Role of Forest-Related Income in Household Economies and Rural Livelihoods in the Border-Region of Southern China
by Hogarth, Nicholas J. & Belcher, Brian & Campbell, Bruce & Stacey, Natasha
- 124-137 Conditional Cash Transfers and Payments for Environmental Services—A Conceptual Framework for Explaining and Judging Differences in Outcomes
by Martin Persson, U. & Alpízar, Francisco
- 138-148 How do “Mineral-States” Learn? Path-Dependence, Networks, and Policy Change in the Development of Economic Institutions
by Orihuela, José Carlos
- 149-163 Economic and Social Impacts of an Innovative Self-Help Group Model in India
by Deininger, Klaus & Liu, Yanyan
- 164-179 Rediscovering the Virgin Lands: Agricultural Investment and Rural Livelihoods in a Eurasian Frontier Area
by Petrick, Martin & Wandel, Jürgen & Karsten, Katharina
- 180-193 Rural People’s Reliance on Forests and the Non-Forest Environment in West Africa: Evidence from Ghana and Burkina Faso
by Pouliot, Mariève & Treue, Thorsten
- 194-206 Beyond the Poverty Agenda? Insights from the New Politics of Development in Uganda
by Hickey, Sam
- 207-225 Do Stronger Collective Property Rights Improve Household Welfare? Evidence from a Field Study in Fiji
by Lawson-Remer, Terra
- 226-237 Local Governance of Forests and the Role of External Organizations: Some Ties Matter More Than Others
by Andersson, Krister
- 238-251 The Impact of Climate Shocks on Seed Purchase Decisions in Malawi: Implications for Climate Change Adaptation
by Nordhagen, Stella & Pascual, Unai
- 252-265 Rural Electrification and Employment in Poor Countries: Evidence from Nicaragua
by Grogan, Louise & Sadanand, Asha
- 266-275 Emerging Private Education in Africa: Determinants of School Choice in Rural Kenya
by Nishimura, Mikiko & Yamano, Takashi
- 276-287 Delivery Care in Tanzania: A Comparative Analysis of Use and Preferences
by Van Rijsbergen, Bart & D’Exelle, Ben
- 288-297 Is Micro too Small? Microcredit vs. SME Finance
by Bauchet, Jonathan & Morduch, Jonathan
- 298-314 How to Deliver Foreign Aid? The Case of Projects Governed by the Spanish International Agency
by Hermano, Víctor & Martín-Cruz, Natalia
- 315-328 Does Access to Formal Agricultural Credit Depend on Caste?
by Kumar, Sunil Mitra
- 329-340 Quality, Quantity, and Nutritional Impacts of Rice Price Changes in Vietnam
by Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun
2013, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-15 Determinants of Horizontal Spillovers from FDI: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis
by Iršová, Zuzana & Havránek, Tomáš
- 16-27 Is Social Spending Procyclical? Evidence for Developing Countries
by Arze del Granado, Javier & Gupta, Sanjeev & Hajdenberg, Alejandro
- 28-43 Is There a Disability Gap in Employment Rates in Developing Countries?
by Mizunoya, Suguru & Mitra, Sophie
- 44-66 Uncertainty, Insecurity, and Emigration from Kazakhstan to Russia
by An, Galina & Becker, Charles M.
- 67-75 “A Mile Wide and an Inch Deep”? Understanding Public Support for Aid: The Case of the United Kingdom
by Henson, Spencer & Lindstrom, Johanna
- 76-88 Developmental Drivers of Nutritional Change: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Headey, Derek D.
- 89-99 Food Security, Gender, and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households
by Floro, Maria Sagrario & Bali Swain, Ranjula
- 100-113 Food Quality Changes and Implications: Evidence from the Rice Value Chain of Bangladesh
by Minten, Bart & Murshid, K.A.S. & Reardon, Thomas
- 114-126 Staying Alive: Adult Literacy Programs and Child Mortality in Rural Ghana
by Blunch, Niels-Hugo
- 127-142 Market Imperfections and Child Labor
by Dumas, Christelle
- 143-164 Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure
by Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi
- 165-181 Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?
by Agier, Isabelle & Szafarz, Ariane
- 182-198 Do Microloan Officers Want to Lend to the Less Advantaged? Evidence from a Choice Experiment
by Sagamba, MoÏse & Shchetinin, Oleg & Yusupov, Nurmukhammad
- 199-208 Adverse Incorporation and Microfinance among Cross-Border Traders in Senegal
by Howson, Cynthia
- 209-221 Revisiting the “Cotton Problem”—A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen
2013, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-18 Disability and Poverty in Developing Countries: A Multidimensional Study
by Mitra, Sophie & Posarac, Aleksandra & Vick, Brandon
- 19-30 How Should MDG Success and Failure be Judged: Faster Progress or Achieving the Targets?
by Fukuda-Parr, Sakiko & Greenstein, Joshua & Stewart, David
- 31-50 How Did the Great Recession Affect Different Types of Workers? Evidence from 17 Middle-Income Countries
by Cho, Yoonyoung & Newhouse, David
- 51-66 Gender in Transition: The Case of North Korea
by Haggard, Stephan & Noland, Marcus
- 67-82 Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking?
by Cho, Seo-Young & Dreher, Axel & Neumayer, Eric
- 83-95 Remittances and Portfolio Values: An Inquiry using Immigrants from Africa, Europe, and the Americas
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan
- 96-108 Citizens, Legislators, and Executive Disclosure: The Political Determinants of Fiscal Transparency
by Wehner, Joachim & de Renzio, Paolo
- 109-119 Redressing Grievances and Complaints Regarding Basic Service Delivery
by Gauri, Varun
- 120-131 The Profit Orientation of Microfinance Institutions and Effective Interest Rates
by Roberts, Peter W.
- 132-144 Pricing in Microinsurance Markets
by Biener, Christian
- 145-156 The Effects of Religion on Development Efforts: Evidence from the Microfinance Industry and a Research Agenda
by Mersland, Roy & D’Espallier, Bert & Supphellen, Magne
- 157-167 Development, Social Change, and Islamic Finance in Contemporary Indonesia
by Pepinsky, Thomas B.
- 168-182 How Effective is a Big Push to the Small? Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment
by Mallick, Debdulal
- 183-195 Mothers’ Employment and their Children’s Schooling: A Joint Multilevel Analysis for India
by Francavilla, Francesca & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia & Grilli, Leonardo
- 196-216 Admissible Evidence in the Court of Development Evaluation? The Impact of CARE’s SHOUHARDO Project on Child Stunting in Bangladesh
by Smith, Lisa C. & Khan, Faheem & Frankenberger, Timothy R. & Wadud, A.K.M. Abdul
- 217-231 African Re-Agrarianization? Accumulation or Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth?
by Andersson Djurfeldt, Agnes
- 232-244 Targeting Maps: An Asset-Based Approach to Geographic Targeting
by Lang, Corey & Barrett, Christopher B. & Naschold, Felix
- 245-264 Unpacking the Meaning of ‘Market Access’: Evidence from Rural Kenya
by Chamberlin, Jordan & Jayne, T.S.
- 265-285 Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia’s Protected Areas on Poverty
by Canavire-Bacarreza, Gustavo & Hanauer, Merlin M.
- 286-301 Linking Globalization to Local Land Uses: How Eco-Consumers and Gourmands are Changing the Colombian Coffee Landscapes
by Rueda, Ximena & Lambin, Eric F.
- 302-316 Innovation Performance and Embeddedness in Networks: Evidence from the Ethiopian Footwear Cluster
by Gebreeyesus, Mulu & Mohnen, Pierre
- 317-337 Export Liberalization, Job Creation, and the Skill Premium: Evidence from the US–Vietnam Bilateral Trade Agreement (BTA)
by Fukase, Emiko
2012, Volume 40, Issue 12
- 2369-2378 Banking Crises and Short and Medium Term Output Losses in Emerging and Developing Countries: The Role of Structural and Policy Variables
by Furceri, Davide & Zdzienicka, Aleksandra
- 2379-2398 Participatory Governance Reform: A Good Strategy for Increasing Government Responsiveness and Improving Public Services?
by Speer, Johanna
- 2399-2410 Mapping the Outcomes of Citizen Engagement
by Gaventa, John & Barrett, Gregory
- 2411-2426 Gender and Rural Non-Farm Entrepreneurship
by Rijkers, Bob & Costa, Rita
- 2427-2439 Migration and Rural Welfare: The Impact of Potential Policy Reforms in Europe
by Wouterse, Fleur
- 2440-2453 Merchants of Corruption: How Entrepreneurs Manufacture and Supply Bribes
by Ufere, Nnaoke & Perelli, Sheri & Boland, Richard & Carlsson, Bo
- 2454-2467 Where Does the Axe Fall? Inflation Dynamics and Poverty Rates: Regional and Sectoral Evidence for Ghana
by Coleman, Simeon
- 2468-2477 Local Demand for a Global Intervention: Policy Priorities in the Time of AIDS
by Dionne, Kim Yi
- 2478-2489 Beyond “Death Do Us Part”: The Long-Term Implications of Divorce Perceptions on Women’s Well-Being and Child Schooling in Rural Ethiopia
by Kumar, Neha & Quisumbing, Agnes R.
- 2490-2504 Inequality and the Politics of Social Policy Implementation: Gender, Age and Chile’s 2004 Health Reforms
by Ewig, Christina & Palmucci, Gastón A.
- 2505-2521 Leaving the Safety Net: An Analysis of Dropouts in an Urban Conditional Cash Transfer Program
by González-Flores, Mario & Heracleous, Maria & Winters, Paul
- 2522-2536 Social Capital Formation and Credit Access: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Shoji, Masahiro & Aoyagi, Keitaro & Kasahara, Ryuji & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Ueyama, Mika
- 2537-2551 Equity-Efficiency Trade-Offs in Irrigation Water Sharing: Evidence from a Field Lab in Rural Tanzania
by D’Exelle, Ben & Lecoutere, Els & Van Campenhout, Bjorn
- 2552-2563 The Pitfalls of Water Privatization: Failure and Reform in Malaysia
by Tan, Jeff
- 2564-2577 Privatization and Renationalization: What Went Wrong in Bolivia’s Water Sector?
by Hailu, Degol & Osorio, Rafael Guerreiro & Tsukada, Raquel
- 2578-2589 In the Eye of the Storm—The Welfare Impacts of a Hurricane
by Jakobsen, Kristian Thor
2012, Volume 40, Issue 11
- 2155-2176 Does Foreign Aid Increase Foreign Direct Investment?
by Selaya, Pablo & Sunesen, Eva Rytter
- 2177-2193 Trade Liberalization, Economic Crises, and Growth
by Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David
- 2194-2205 FDI Waves, Waves of Neglect of Political Risk
by Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Sekkat, Khalid
- 2206-2220 Heterogeneous FDI in Transition Economies – A Novel Approach to Assess the Developmental Impact of Backward Linkages
by Giroud, Axèle & Jindra, Björn & Marek, Philipp
- 2221-2233 Do Developing Countries Invest Up? The Environmental Effects of Foreign Direct Investment from Less-Developed Countries
by Zeng, Ka & Eastin, Joshua
- 2234-2248 The Unequal Benefits of Fuel Subsidies: A Review of Evidence for Developing Countries
by Arze del Granado, Francisco Javier & Coady, David & Gillingham, Robert
- 2249-2262 The Impact of Microfinance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Systematic Review of the Evidence
by van Rooyen, C. & Stewart, R. & de Wet, T.
- 2263-2274 The Fungibility of Aid Earmarked for HIV/AIDS Control Programs
by Harper, Sarah E.
- 2275-2289 Do Inequalities in Health Care Utilization in Developing Countries Change When We Take into Account Traditional Medicines?
by Sato, Azusa
- 2290-2301 Ordinal Welfare Comparisons with Multiple Discrete Indicators: A First Order Dominance Approach and Application to Child Poverty
by Arndt, Channing & Distante, Roberta & Hussain, M. Azhar & Østerdal, Lars Peter & Huong, Pham Lan & Ibraimo, Maimuna