Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
2014, Volume 64, Issue S1
- 125-134 Impacts of Protected Areas on Local Livelihoods in Cambodia
by Clements, Tom & Suon, Seng & Wilkie, David S. & Milner-Gulland, E.J.
- 135-148 Have We Managed to Integrate Conservation and Development? ICDP Impacts in the Brazilian Amazon
by Bauch, Simone C. & Sills, Erin O. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K.
- 149-158 Smallholder Specialization Strategies along the Forest Transition Curve in Southwestern Amazonia
by Duchelle, Amy E. & Almeyda Zambrano, Angélica M. & Wunder, Sven & Börner, Jan & Kainer, Karen A.
2014, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-17 Impact of South–South FDI and Trade on the Export Upgrading of African Economies
by Amighini, Alessia & Sanfilippo, Marco
- 18-32 Why there Should be No Political Foreign Aid Curse
by Altincekic, Ceren & Bearce, David H.
- 33-51 Evolution, Empowerment, and Emancipation: How Societies Climb the Freedom Ladder
by Welzel, Christian
- 52-64 The Blue Revolution in Asia: Upgrading and Governance in Aquaculture Value Chains
by Ponte, Stefano & Kelling, Ingrid & Jespersen, Karen Sau & Kruijssen, Froukje
- 65-78 Popular Economy in Santiago de Chile: State of Affairs and Challenges
by Bauwens, Thomas & Lemaître, Andreia
- 79-92 Certification and Access to Export Markets: Adoption and Return on Investment of Organic-Certified Pineapple Farming in Ghana
by Kleemann, Linda & Abdulai, Awudu & Buss, Mareike
- 93-103 Voter Response to Conservation Policies in Madagascar
by Moser, Christine M.
- 104-120 Does International Health Aid Follow Recipients’ Needs? Extensive and Intensive Margins of Health Aid Allocation
by Lee, Suejin A. & Lim, Jae-Young
- 121-124 Migration and Development Research is Moving Far Beyond Remittances
by Clemens, Michael A. & Özden, Çağlar & Rapoport, Hillel
- 125-139 Heterogeneous Demand for Drought-Tolerant Rice: Evidence from Bihar, India
by Ward, Patrick S. & Ortega, David L. & Spielman, David J. & Singh, Vartika
- 140-157 Multi-Domain Subjective Wellbeing of Two Canadian First Nations Communities
by Kant, Shashi & Vertinsky, Ilan & Zheng, Bin & Smith, Peggy M.
- 158-168 On the Interplay of Actors in the Co-Management of Natural Resources – A Dynamic Perspective
by Fischer, Anke & Wakjira, Dereje Tadesse & Weldesemaet, Yitbarek Tibebe & Ashenafi, Zelealem Tefera
- 169-180 Does Affirmative Action Reduce Productivity? A Case Study of the Indian Railways
by Deshpande, Ashwini & Weisskopf, Thomas E.
- 181-193 Rainfall Shocks and Within-Community Wealth Inequality: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia
by Thiede, Brian C.
- 194-205 Aiding and Abetting: Project Aid and Ethnic Politics in Kenya
by Briggs, Ryan C.
- 206-218 Women’s Participation in Community-Level Water Governance in Urban India: The Gap Between Motivation and Ability
by Das, Priyam
- 219-231 Does Welfare Enable Family Expenditures on Human Capital? Evidence from China
by Gao, Qin & Zhai, Fuhua & Yang, Sui & Li, Shi
- 232-242 Process and Pattern in Institutional Reforms: A Case Study of the Police Pacifying Units (UPPs) in Brazil
by Denyer Willis, Graham & Mota Prado, Mariana
- 243-258 Women’s Education: Harbinger of Another Spring? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Turkey
by Dinçer, Mehmet Alper & Kaushal, Neeraj & Grossman, Michael
- 259-272 Are Rural Youth in Ethiopia Abandoning Agriculture?
by Bezu, Sosina & Holden, Stein
- 273-285 Escalation of Real Wages in Bangladesh: Is it the Beginning of Structural Transformation?
by Zhang, Xiaobo & Rashid, Shahidur & Ahmad, Kaikaus & Ahmed, Akhter
- 286-297 Firm Level Determinants of International Certification: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Fikru, Mahelet G.
- 298-310 How Institutions Mediate the Impact of Cash Cropping on Food Crop Intensification: An Application to Cotton in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Theriault, Veronique & Tschirley, David L.
- 311-321 Impact of Information and Communication Technology-Based Market Information Services on Smallholder Farm Input Use and Productivity: The Case of Kenya
by Ogutu, Sylvester Ochieng & Okello, Julius Juma & Otieno, David Jakinda
- 322-338 Contract Enforcement and Investment: A Systematic Review of the Evidence
by Aboal, Diego & Noya, Nelson & Rius, Andrés
- 339-349 Does Trade Liberalization Promote Regional Disparities? Evidence from a Multiregional CGE Model of India
by Naranpanawa, Athula & Arora, Rashmi
- 350-365 Competition for Export Markets and the Allocation of Foreign Aid: The Role of Spatial Dependence among Donor Countries
by Barthel, Fabian & Neumayer, Eric & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Selaya, Pablo
- 366-383 FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays
by Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary
- 384-394 Inequalities in Universal Health Coverage: Evidence from Vietnam
by Palmer, Michael G.
- 395-406 The Impact of Common Property Right Forestry: Evidence from Ethiopian Villages
by Gelo, Dambala & Koch, Steven F.
- 407-419 Caste Comparisons in India: Evidence From Subjective Well-Being Data
by Fontaine, Xavier & Yamada, Katsunori
- 420-433 Why Worry About the Politics of Childhood Undernutrition?
by Nisbett, Nicholas & Gillespie, Stuart & Haddad, Lawrence & Harris, Jody
- 434-447 Does it Pay to Deliver? An Evaluation of India’s Safe Motherhood Program
by Joshi, Shareen & Sivaram, Anusuya
- 448-459 Are Poor People Less Happy? Findings from Melanesia
by Feeny, Simon & McDonald, Lachlan & Posso, Alberto
- 460-472 Can Microfinance Reach the Poorest: Evidence from a Community-Managed Microfinance Intervention
by Lønborg, Jonas Helth & Rasmussen, Ole Dahl
- 473-486 From State to Market: Private Participation in China’s Urban Infrastructure Sectors, 1992–2008
by Zhang, Yanlong
- 487-502 Lessons from an Integrated Community Health Education Initiative in Rural Laos
by Crawshaw, Lauren & Fèvre, Sonia & Kaesombath, Lampheuy & Sivilai, Bounlerth & Boulom, Sayvisene & Southammavong, Fongsamouth
- 503-520 Credit-Based Payments for Ecosystem Services: Evidence from a Choice Experiment in Ecuador
by Cranford, Matthew & Mourato, Susana
- 521-537 The Elusive Quest for Supply Response to Cash-Crop Market Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Cotton
by Delpeuch, Claire & Leblois, Antoine
- 538-553 Gender, Ethnicity, and Cumulative Disadvantage in Education Outcomes
by Taş, Emcet O. & Reimão, Maira Emy & Orlando, Maria Beatriz
- 554-568 Non-Farm Activity, Household Expenditure, and Poverty Reduction in Rural Vietnam: 2002–2008
by Hoang, Trung X. & Pham, Cong S. & Ulubaşoğlu, Mehmet A.
- 569-582 Feminization, Defeminization, and Structural Change in Manufacturing
by Kucera, David & Tejani, Sheba
- 583-596 Resettlement and Gender Dimensions of Land Rights in Post-Conflict Northern Uganda
by Adelman, Sarah & Peterman, Amber
- 597-608 The Role of Landholding as a Determinant of Food and Nutrition Insecurity in Rural Myanmar
by Rammohan, Anu & Pritchard, Bill
- 609-620 Is Aquaculture Pro-Poor? Empirical Evidence of Impacts on Fish Consumption in Bangladesh
by Toufique, Kazi Ali & Belton, Ben
- 621-641 Can Developing Countries Both Decentralize and Depoliticize Urban Water Services? Evaluating the Legacy of the 1990s Reform Wave
by Herrera, Veronica & Post, Alison E.
- 642-653 Psychological Agency: Evidence from the Urban Fringe of Bamako
by Klein, Elise
- 654-668 Consultation in Large-Scale Land Acquisitions: An Evaluation of Three Cases in Mali
by Nolte, Kerstin & Voget-Kleschin, Lieske
- 669-689 Education and Economic Growth: A Meta-Regression Analysis
by Benos, Nikos & Zotou, Stefania
- 690-702 The Paradigm of Agricultural Efficiency and its Implication on Food Security in Africa: What Does Meta-analysis Reveal?
by Ogundari, Kolawole
- 703-712 Using Subjectivity and Emotion to Reconsider Participatory Natural Resource Management
by Morales, Margaret C. & Harris, Leila M.
- 713-725 Technology and Productivity in African Manufacturing Firms
by Baptist, Simon & Teal, Francis
- 726-739 Social Policy after the Arab Spring: States and Social Rights in the MENA Region
by Karshenas, Massoud & Moghadam, Valentine M. & Alami, Randa
- 740-754 Fast-Track Institution Building in Conflict-Affected Countries? Insights from Recent Field Experiments
by King, Elisabeth & Samii, Cyrus
- 755-765 Social Protection: Rethinking Rights and Duties
by Ulriksen, Marianne S. & Plagerson, Sophie
- 766-780 Text Messaging and its Impacts on the Health and Education of the Poor: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Rural China
by Mo, Di & Luo, Renfu & Liu, Chengfang & Zhang, Huiping & Zhang, Linxiu & Medina, Alexis & Rozelle, Scott
- 781-790 Targeting REDD+: An Empirical Analysis of Carbon Sequestration in Indonesia
by Skidmore, Samuel & Santos, Paulo & Leimona, Beria
- 791-802 Does Smallholder Land Titling Facilitate Agricultural Growth?: An Analysis of the Determinants and Effects of Smallholder Land Titling in Zambia
by Sitko, Nicholas J. & Chamberlin, Jordan & Hichaambwa, Munguzwe
- 803-814 Parental Education as a Criterion for Affirmative Action in Higher Education
by Basant, Rakesh & Sen, Gitanjali
- 815-827 The Determinants of Intermediaries’ Power over Farmers’ Margin-Related Activities: Evidence from Adana, Turkey
by Xhoxhi, Orjon & Pedersen, Søren Marcus & Lind, Kim Martin & Yazar, Attila
- 828-842 To Pay or Not to Pay? Citizens’ Attitudes Toward Taxation in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Africa
by Ali, Merima & Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Sjursen, Ingrid Hoem
- 843-859 Beyond the Field: The Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Food Security and Poverty Alleviation
by Larsen, Anna Folke & Lilleør, Helene Bie
- 860-872 Can Government-Allocated Land Contribute to Food Security? Intrahousehold Analysis of West Bengal’s Microplot Allocation Program
by Santos, Florence & Fletschner, Diana & Savath, Vivien & Peterman, Amber
- 873-883 Environmental Licensing and Conflict in Peru's Mining Sector: A Path-Dependent Analysis
by Jaskoski, Maiah
2014, Volume 63, Issue C
- 11-32 Globalization, Structural Change, and Productivity Growth, with an Update on Africa
by McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani & Verduzco-Gallo, Íñigo
- 33-42 The Role of Rural–Urban Migration in the Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa
by de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim
- 43-58 Poverty Reduction During the Rural–Urban Transformation – The Role of the Missing Middle
by Christiaensen, Luc & Todo, Yasuyuki
- 59-77 Explaining Africa’s (Dis)advantage
by Harrison, Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 78-91 “Going Global in Groups”: Structural Transformation and China’s Special Economic Zones Overseas
by Bräutigam, Deborah & Tang, Xiaoyang
- 92-101 African Agriculture in 50Years: Smallholders in a Rapidly Changing World?
by Collier, Paul & Dercon, Stefan
- 102-112 Overcoming Successive Bottlenecks: The Evolution of a Potato Cluster in China
by Zhang, Xiaobo & Hu, Dinghuan
- 113-123 Can Cities or Towns Drive African Development? Economywide Analysis for Ethiopia and Uganda
by Dorosh, Paul & Thurlow, James
2014, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-13 Understanding Urban Wage Inequality in China 1988–2008: Evidence from Quantile Analysis
by Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie
- 14-29 Trade-offs and Payoffs of Investing in Human Development
by Sánchez, Marco V. & Cicowiez, Martín
- 30-41 Enhancing Inclusiveness of Rwanda’s Land Tenure Regularization Program: Insights from Early Stages of its Implementation
by Santos, Florence & Fletschner, Diana & Daconto, Giuseppe
- 42-61 Is Globalization Reducing Absolute Poverty?
by Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese
- 62-74 Why do Foresters Plant Trees? Testing Theories of Bureaucratic Decision-Making in Central India
by Fleischman, Forrest D.
- 75-87 Empowerment Through Microfinance: The Relation Between Loan Cycle and Level of Empowerment
by Weber, Olaf & Ahmad, Adnan
- 88-105 Women’s Empowerment and Prevalence of Stunted and Underweight Children in Rural India
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Annim, Samuel Kobina & Kulkarni, Veena S. & Gaiha, Raghav
- 106-124 Social Spending, Distribution, and Equality of Opportunities: The Opportunity Incidence Analysis
by Cuesta, Jose
- 125-137 Bedouin Adaptation to the Last 15-Years of Drought (1995–2010) in the North Coastal Zone of Egypt: Continuity or Rupture?
by Alary, Véronique & Hassan, Ferial & Daoud, Ibrahim & Aboul Naga, Adel & Osman, Mona A. & Bastianelli, Denis & Lescoat, Philippe & Moselhy, Naeem & Tourrand, Jean-François
- 138-154 Paths to Development: Is there a Bangladesh Surprise?
by Asadullah, M. Niaz & Savoia, Antonio & Mahmud, Wahiduddin
- 155-168 Market Signals of Unsustainable and Inequitable Forest Extraction: Assessing the Value of Illegal Timber Trade in the Eastern Arc Mountains of Tanzania
by Schaafsma, Marije & Burgess, Neil D. & Swetnam, Ruth D. & Ngaga, Yonika M. & Kerry Turner, R. & Treue, Thorsten
- 169-188 Heterogeneity in Informal Salaried Employment: Evidence from the Egyptian Labor Market Survey
by Radchenko, Natalia
- 189-200 Historicizing Sustainable Livelihoods: A Pathways Approach to Lead Mining in Rural Central China
by Lu, Jixia & Lora-Wainwright, Anna
- 201-212 Africa and the Clean Development Mechanism: What Determines Project Investments?
by Röttgers, Dirk & Grote, Ulrike
- 213-227 Migrants’ Choice of Remittance Channel: Do General Payment Habits Play a Role?
by Kosse, Anneke & Vermeulen, Robert
2014, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-10 Interpreting Institutional Fit: Urbanization, Development, and China’s “Land-Lost”
by Lian, Hongping & Lejano, Raul P.
- 11-52 Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture: What Role for Food Security in Bangladesh?
by Sraboni, Esha & Malapit, Hazel J. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Ahmed, Akhter U.
- 53-69 Macroeconomic Impacts of FDI in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis
by Iwasaki, Ichiro & Tokunaga, Masahiro
- 70-84 Estimating the Causal Effect of Forced Eradication on Coca Cultivation in Colombian Municipalities
by Reyes, Luis Carlos
- 85-101 Taking Complexity in Food Systems Seriously: An Interdisciplinary Analysis
by Foran, Tira & Butler, James R.A. & Williams, Liana J. & Wanjura, Wolf J. & Hall, Andy & Carter, Lucy & Carberry, Peter S.
- 102-113 The Messy Reality of Agglomeration Economies in Urban Informality: Evidence from Nairobi’s Handicraft Industry
by Harris, John
- 114-126 Coping with Drought by Adjusting Land Tenancy Contracts: A Model and Evidence from Rural Morocco
by Kusunose, Yoko & Lybbert, Travis J.
- 127-141 Land Rights and Community Cooperation
by Braaten, Ragnhild Haugli
- 142-153 Effects of International Food Price Shocks on Political Institutions in Low-Income Countries: Evidence from an International Food Net-Export Price Index
by Arezki, Rabah & Brueckner, Markus
- 154-166 Growth of the Urban Shadow, Spatial Distribution of Economic Activities, and Commuting by Workers in Rural and Urban India
by Sharma, Ajay & Chandrasekhar, S.
- 167-177 Social Protection and Poverty Reduction: Global Patterns and Some Targets
by Fiszbein, Ariel & Kanbur, Ravi & Yemtsov, Ruslan
2014, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-13 Cultural Proximity and Local Firms’ catch up with Multinational Enterprises
by Wang, Jue & Liu, Xiaming & Wei, Yingqi & Wang, Chengang
- 14-30 Livelihood Diversification and Shifting Social Networks of Exchange: A Social Network Transition?
by Baird, Timothy D. & Gray, Clark L.
- 31-42 Public Service Provision under Conditions of Insufficient Citizen Demand: Insights from the Urban Sanitation Sector in Indonesia
by Winters, Matthew S. & Karim, Abdul Gaffar & Martawardaya, Berly
- 43-56 Governing India’s Land
by Sud, Nikita
- 57-68 Remittances and Household Wealth after Conflict: A Case Study on Urban Burundi
by Fransen, Sonja & Mazzucato, Valentina
- 69-83 Does Information Lead to More Active Citizenship? Evidence from an Education Intervention in Rural Kenya
by Lieberman, Evan S. & Posner, Daniel N. & Tsai, Lily L.
- 84-98 Climate Change, Hydro-Dependency, and the African Dam Boom
by Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric
- 99-112 Revenue Reform and Statebuilding in Anglophone Africa
by Moore, Mick
- 113-131 Income and Livelihoods in the War in Afghanistan
by Bove, Vincenzo & Gavrilova, Evelina
- 132-146 The Strugglers: The New Poor in Latin America?
by Birdsall, Nancy & Lustig, Nora & Meyer, Christian J.
2014, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-15 Comparing the Climate Policy Performance of Emerging Economies
by Never, Babette & Betz, Joachim
- 16-28 Foreign Portfolio Investment Flows to India: Determinants and Analysis
by Garg, Reetika & Dua, Pami
- 29-46 Land Use Dynamics, Climate Change, and Food Security in Vietnam: A Global-to-local Modeling Approach
by Rutten, Martine & van Dijk, Michiel & van Rooij, Wilbert & Hilderink, Henk
- 47-58 Interest Rates and Informational Issues in the Credit Market: Experimental Evidence from Brazil
by de Lucinda, Claudio Ribeiro & Vieira, Rodrigo Luiz
- 59-69 Water and Human Development
by Mehta, Lyla
- 70-81 Moving from the Household to the Individual: Multidimensional Poverty Analysis
by Vijaya, Ramya M. & Lahoti, Rahul & Swaminathan, Hema
- 82-92 Tackling the Largest Global Education Challenge? Secular and Religious Education in Northern Nigeria
by Antoninis, Manos
- 93-103 Modeling Ecological Success of Common Pool Resource Systems Using Large Datasets
by Frey, Ulrich J. & Rusch, Hannes
- 104-119 Why Are Women Less Democratic Than Men? Evidence from Sub-Saharan African Countries
by García-Peñalosa, Cecilia & Konte, Maty
- 120-131 Impact of Improved Maize Adoption on Welfare of Farm Households in Malawi: A Panel Data Analysis
by Bezu, Sosina & Kassie, Girma T. & Shiferaw, Bekele & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob
- 132-146 Understanding the Process of Agricultural Technology Adoption: Mineral Fertilizer in Eastern DR Congo
by Lambrecht, Isabel & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Merckx, Roel & Maertens, Miet
- 147-165 The Impact of Technological Capabilities on Invention: An Investigation Based on Country Responsiveness Scores
by Cerulli, Giovanni
- 166-183 Administrative Overspending in Indonesian Districts: The Role of Local Politics
by Sjahrir, Bambang Suharnoko & Kis-Katos, Krisztina & Schulze, Günther G.
- 184-198 Personalizing the Middle-Income Trap: An Inter-Generational Migrant View from Rural Thailand
by Rigg, Jonathan & Promphaking, Buapun & Le Mare, Ann
- 199-211 REDD+ and Empowered Deliberative Democracy: Learning from Tanzania
by Mustalahti, Irmeli & Rakotonarivo, O. Sarobidy
- 212-223 A Cross-Country Analysis of Perceived Economic Status and Life Satisfaction in High- and Low-Income Countries
by Camfield, Laura & Esposito, Lucio
- 224-237 International Remittances and Human Capital Formation
by Salas, Vania B.
- 238-250 Conflict, Combatants, and Cash: Economic Reintegration and Livelihoods of Ex-combatants in Nepal
by Subedi, Dambaru B.
- 251-274 Measuring Acute Poverty in the Developing World: Robustness and Scope of the Multidimensional Poverty Index
by Alkire, Sabina & Santos, Maria Emma
- 275-297 How Ethnic Diversity Affects Economic Growth
by Gören, Erkan
- 298-312 Economic Regulations, Red Tape, and Bureaucratic Corruption in Post-Communist Economies
by Duvanova, Dinissa
- 313-326 Growth with Equity for the Development of Mexico: Poverty, Inequality, and Economic Growth (1992–2008)
by Iniguez-Montiel, Alberto Javier
- 327-340 The Liberalization of Retail Services in India
by Lakatos, Csilla & Fukui, Tani
- 341-359 Explaining Global Patterns of International Aid for Linked Biodiversity Conservation and Development
by Miller, Daniel C.
- 360-378 Exogenous Shocks and Growth Crises in Low-Income Countries: A Vulnerability Index
by Dabla-Norris, Era & Bal Gündüz, Yasemin
- 379-393 The Contribution of Education to Economic Growth: A Review of the Evidence, with Special Attention and an Application to Sub-Saharan Africa
by Glewwe, Paul & Maïga, Eugénie & Zheng, Haochi
- 394-407 Bureaucratic Delay, Local-Level Monitoring, and Delivery of Small Infrastructure Projects: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Bolivia
by Yanez-Pagans, Monica & Machicado-Salas, Gustavo
- 408-421 Capturing the Margins: World Market Prices and Cotton Farmer Incomes in West Africa
by Bassett, Thomas J.
- 422-433 Diaspora Investments and Firm Export Performance in Selected Sub-Saharan African Countries
by Boly, Amadou & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele & Prota, Francesco & Seric, Adnan
- 434-450 Returns to Education in India
by Fulford, Scott
- 451-460 The Social Dynamics of Labor Shortage in South African Small-Scale Agriculture
by Hull, Elizabeth
- 461-474 Policies for Agricultural Productivity Growth and Poverty Reduction in Rural Ethiopia
by Abro, Zewdu Ayalew & Alemu, Bamlaku Alamirew & Hanjra, Munir A.
- 475-486 The Effects of Mexico’s Seguro Popular Health Insurance on Infant Mortality: An Estimation with Selection on the Outcome Variable
by Pfutze, Tobias
- 487-504 The Impact of Bolsa Família on Women’s Decision-Making Power
by de Brauw, Alan & Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Roy, Shalini
- 505-520 Moving Off the Farm: Land Institutions to Facilitate Structural Transformation and Agricultural Productivity Growth in China
by Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Xia, Fang & Huang, Jikun
- 521-534 The Politics of Technological Upgrading: International Transfer to and Adaptation of GM Cotton in Argentina
by Arza, Valeria & van Zwanenberg, Patrick
- 535-552 Mexican Migrants to the US: What Do Unrealized Migration Intentions Tell Us About Gender Inequalities?
by Chort, Isabelle
2014, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-20 The Impact of Governance and Institutional Quality on MFI Outreach and Financial Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Barry, Thierno Amadou & Tacneng, Ruth
- 21-40 Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development
by Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T.
- 41-52 Does Tourism Eco-Certification Pay? Costa Rica’s Blue Flag Program
by Blackman, Allen & Naranjo, María Angélica & Robalino, Juan & Alpízar, Francisco & Rivera, Jorge
- 53-66 Out of Sight, Not Out of Mind. Education Networks and International Trade
by Murat, Marina
- 67-82 Estimating the Scale and Geography of Global Poverty Now and in the Future: How Much Difference Do Method and Assumptions Make?
by Edward, Peter & Sumner, Andy
- 83-94 Labor Market Discrimination in Lima, Peru: Evidence from a Field Experiment
by Galarza, Francisco B. & Yamada, Gustavo
- 95-105 The Politics of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in Andhra Pradesh
by Maiorano, Diego
- 106-115 Exploiting the Poor: Bureaucratic Corruption and Poverty in Africa
by Justesen, Mogens K. & Bjørnskov, Christian
- 116-129 The Millennium Challenge Corporation: Organizational Constraints on US Foreign Aid, 2004–11
by Lebovic, James H.
- 130-142 Subnational Climate Justice? Adaptation Finance Distribution and Climate Vulnerability
by Barrett, Sam
- 143-158 Effect of Conflict on Dietary Diversity: Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire
by Dabalen, Andrew L. & Paul, Saumik
2014, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-18 Stepping into Formal Politics
by Girard, Alexandra M.
- 19-31 Exploring the Relation Between the Degree of Novelty of Innovations and User–Producer Interaction Across Different Income Regions
by Harirchi, Gouya & Chaminade, Cristina
- 32-46 Women’s Access to Labor Market Opportunities, Control of Household Resources, and Domestic Violence: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Heath, Rachel
- 47-62 Manufacturing Paradoxes: Foreign Ownership, Governance, and Value Chains in China’s Light Industries
by Dallas, Mark P.
- 63-78 Corporate Investments in Asian Markets: Financial Conditions, Financial Development, and Financial Constraints
by Gochoco-Bautista, Maria Socorro & Sotocinal, Noli R. & Wang, Jianxin
- 79-90 Selling Success: Constructing Value in Conservation and Development
by Büscher, Bram
- 91-100 Is There an Alternative for Irrigation Reform?
by Suhardiman, Diana & Giordano, Mark
- 101-113 Do Natural Resource Revenues Hinder Financial Development? The Role of Political Institutions
by Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Hodler, Roland
- 114-126 E-Government, Internet Adoption, and Corruption: An Empirical Investigation
by Elbahnasawy, Nasr G.
- 127-137 The Influence of Legitimacy Perceptions on Cooperation – A Framed Field Experiment
by Bouma, Jetske A. & Joy, K.J. & Paranjape, Suhas & Ansink, Erik
- 138-147 The Impact of Aid and Public Investment Volatility on Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Museru, Malimu & Toerien, Francois & Gossel, Sean
- 148-163 Slavery, Statehood, and Economic Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bezemer, Dirk & Bolt, Jutta & Lensink, Robert
- 164-178 Efficiency-Adjusted Public Capital and Growth
by Gupta, Sanjeev & Kangur, Alvar & Papageorgiou, Chris & Wane, Abdoul
2014, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-15 Financial Inclusion, Gender Dimension, and Economic Impact on Poor Households
by Swamy, Vighneswara
- 16-31 Does Commercialization Undermine the Benefits of Decentralization for Local Services Provision? Evidence from Mexico’s Urban Water and Sanitation Sector
by Herrera, Veronica
- 32-50 Inequality and Fractionalization
by Casey, Gregory P. & Owen, Ann L.
- 51-61 The Persistence of Subjective Poverty in Urban Ethiopia
by Alem, Yonas & Köhlin, Gunnar & Stage, Jesper
- 62-76 Aid with Blinkers: Environmental Governance of Uranium Mining in Niger
by Larsen, Rasmus Kløcker & Mamosso, Christiane Alzouma
- 77-92 The Surprising Effects of the Great Recession: Losers and Winners in Thailand in 2008–09
by Haughton, Jonathan & Khandker, Shahidur R.
- 93-107 Adding Environment to the Collective Action Problem: Individuals, Civil Society, and the Mangrove-Fishery Commons in Ecuador
by Beitl, Christine M.
- 108-126 FDI Spillovers and Time since Foreign Entry
by Merlevede, Bruno & Schoors, Koen & Spatareanu, Mariana
- 127-138 Aid Effectiveness in Times of Political Change: Lessons from the Post-Communist Transition
by Frot, Emmanuel & Olofsgård, Anders & Berlin, Maria Perrotta
- 139-152 Crime and Microenterprise Growth: Evidence from Mexico
by BenYishay, Ariel & Pearlman, Sarah
- 153-171 What Determines Gender Inequality in Household Food Security in Kenya? Application of Exogenous Switching Treatment Regression
by Kassie, Menale & Ndiritu, Simon Wagura & Stage, Jesper
- 172-199 Determinants of Donor Generosity: A Survey of the Aid Budget Literature
by Fuchs, Andreas & Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter
- 200-213 Diversification and Development in Pastoralist Ethiopia
by Headey, Derek & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum & You, Liangzhi
- 214-225 How Public Pension affects Elderly Labor Supply and Well-being: Evidence from India
by Kaushal, Neeraj
- 226-242 Food Standards are Good – For Middle-Class Farmers
by Hansen, Henrik & Trifković, Neda
- 243-257 Industrialization Trajectories in Madagascar’s Export Apparel Industry: Ownership, Embeddedness, Markets, and Upgrading
by Morris, Mike & Staritz, Cornelia
- 258-271 The Paradox of Export Growth in Areas of Weak Governance: The Case of the Ready Made Garment Sector in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Faisal Z. & Greenleaf, Anne & Sacks, Audrey
- 272-286 How Much Infrastructure Is Too Much? A New Approach and Evidence from China
by Shi, Hao & Huang, Shaoqing
- 287-301 Taxation and Democratization
by Baskaran, Thushyanthan
- 302-312 Adding Value to Randomization with Qualitative Analysis: The Case of Microcredit in Rural Morocco
by Morvant-Roux, Solène & Guérin, Isabelle & Roesch, Marc & Moisseron, Jean-Yves
- 313-331 Self-Employment in the Developing World
by Gindling, T.H. & Newhouse, David
2014, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-6 Land Tenure and Tropical Forest Carbon Management
by Naughton-Treves, Lisa & Wendland, Kelly
- 7-20 Governance, Location and Avoided Deforestation from Protected Areas: Greater Restrictions Can Have Lower Impact, Due to Differences in Location
by Pfaff, Alexander & Robalino, Juan & Lima, Eirivelthon & Sandoval, Catalina & Herrera, Luis Diego
- 21-36 Complex Tenure and Deforestation: Implications for Conservation Incentives in the Ecuadorian Amazon
by Holland, Margaret B. & de Koning, Free & Morales, Manuel & Naughton-Treves, Lisa & Robinson, Brian E. & Suárez, Luis
- 37-52 How are REDD+ Proponents Addressing Tenure Problems? Evidence from Brazil, Cameroon, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Vietnam
by Sunderlin, William D. & Larson, Anne M. & Duchelle, Amy E. & Resosudarmo, Ida Aju Pradnja & Huynh, Thu Ba & Awono, Abdon & Dokken, Therese
- 53-67 Linking Forest Tenure Reform, Environmental Compliance, and Incentives: Lessons from REDD+ Initiatives in the Brazilian Amazon
by Duchelle, Amy E. & Cromberg, Marina & Gebara, Maria Fernanda & Guerra, Raissa & Melo, Tadeu & Larson, Anne & Cronkleton, Peter & Börner, Jan & Sills, Erin & Wunder, Sven & Bauch, Simone & May, Peter & Selaya, Galia & Sunderlin, William D.
- 68-83 Does Tenure Security Lead to REDD+ Project Effectiveness? Reflections from Five Emerging Sites in Indonesia
by Resosudarmo, Ida Aju Pradnja & Atmadja, Stibniati & Ekaputri, Andini Desita & Intarini, Dian Y. & Indriatmoko, Yayan & Astri, Pangestuti
2014, Volume 54, Issue C