2012, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 1240-1254 Land Acquisition and the Adoption of Soil and Water Conservation Techniques: A Duration Analysis for Kenya and The Philippines
by Oostendorp, Remco H. & Zaal, Fred
- 1255-1268 Linking Smallholders to Markets: Determinants and Impacts of Farmer Collective Action in Kenya
by Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin
- 1269-1279 The Economic Sustainability of Certified Coffee: Recent Evidence from Mexico and Peru
by Barham, Bradford L. & Weber, Jeremy G.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 5
- 865-877 Where Do The Poor Live?
by Sumner, Andy
- 878-899 A Household-Based Human Development Index
by Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan
- 900-915 The Good Governance Indicators of the Millennium Challenge Account: How Many Dimensions are Really Being Measured?
by Knoll, Martin & Zloczysti, Petra
- 916-927 Vulnerability, Income Growth and Climate Change
by Ward, Patrick & Shively, Gerald
- 928-937 Revisiting the Trade-Migration Nexus: Evidence from New OECD Data
by Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Toubal, Farid
- 938-955 Migration, Human Capital Formation, and Growth: An Empirical Investigation
by Di Maria, Corrado & Lazarova, Emiliya A.
- 956-969 Skill Distribution and Comparative Advantage: A Comparison of China and India
by Asuyama, Yoko
- 970-982 State-led Technological Development: A Case of China’s Nanotechnology Development
by Huang, Can & Wu, Yilin
- 983-998 The Benefits of Formalization: Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing SMEs
by Rand, John & Torm, Nina
- 999-1012 The Impact of Connectivity on Market Interlinkages: Evidence from Rural Punjab
by Shami, Mahvish
- 1013-1023 Local Entrepreneurship within Global Value Chains: A Case Study in the Mexican Automotive Industry
by Contreras, Oscar F. & Carrillo, Jorge & Alonso, Jorge
- 1024-1041 Understanding and Improving Accountability in Education: A Conceptual Framework and Guideposts from Three Decentralization Reform Experiences in Latin America
by Gershberg, Alec Ian & González, Pablo Alberto & Meade, Ben
- 1042-1053 Distributive Politics and Conditional Cash Transfers: The Case of Brazil’s Bolsa Família
by Fried, Brian J.
- 1054-1067 Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana
by Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel
- 1068-1081 Wildlife Conservation in Zambia: Impacts on Rural Household Welfare
by Richardson, Robert B. & Fernandez, Ana & Tschirley, David & Tembo, Gelson
2012, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 657-666 Remittances and Institutions: Are Remittances a Curse?
by Abdih, Yasser & Chami, Ralph & Dagher, Jihad & Montiel, Peter
- 667-680 Hard or Soft Pegs? Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Trade in Africa
by Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed & Tsangarides, Charalambos G.
- 681-700 Aid, Real Exchange Rate Misalignment, and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Elbadawi, Ibrahim A. & Kaltani, Linda & Soto, Raimundo
- 701-714 The Rise of Large Farms in Land Abundant Countries: Do They Have a Future?
by Deininger, Klaus & Byerlee, Derek
- 715-730 Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F.
- 731-744 Triggers and Characteristics of the 2007 Kenyan Electoral Violence
by Dercon, Stefan & Gutiérrez-Romero, Roxana
- 745-757 Conflict Management, Decentralization and Agropastoralism in Dryland West Africa
by Turner, Matthew D. & Ayantunde, Augustine A. & Patterson, Kristen P. & Patterson, E. Daniel
- 758-770 Pitfalls of Externally Initiated Collective Action: A Case Study from South Africa
by Vollan, Björn
- 771-783 Minimum Wages and Household Poverty: General Equilibrium Macro–Micro Simulations for South Africa
by Pauw, Karl & Leibbrandt, Murray
- 784-795 Persistent Poverty in Rural China: Where, Why, and How to Escape?
by Glauben, Thomas & Herzfeld, Thomas & Rozelle, Scott & Wang, Xiaobing
- 796-807 Knowledge Transfer from TNCs and Upgrading of Domestic Firms: The Polish Automotive Sector
by Simona, Gentile-Lüdecke & Axèle, Giroud
- 808-820 Consumers’ Welfare and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from the Car Industry in Colombia
by Tovar, Jorge
- 821-835 Trade Liberalization, Inequality, and Poverty in Brazilian States
by Castilho, Marta & Menéndez, Marta & Sztulman, Aude
- 836-849 Comparing Forest Decentralization and Local Institutional Change in Bolivia, Kenya, Mexico, and Uganda
by Coleman, Eric A. & Fleischman, Forrest D.
- 850-864 Welfare Outcomes and the Advance of the Deforestation Frontier in the Brazilian Amazon
by Celentano, Danielle & Sills, Erin & Sales, Marcio & Veríssimo, Adalberto
2012, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 437-445 Governance, Private Investment and Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries
by Morrissey, Oliver & Udomkerdmongkol, Manop
- 446-457 The Impact of the Strategic Sale of Restructured Banks: Evidence from Indonesia
by Parinduri, Rasyad A. & Riyanto, Yohanes E.
- 458-468 How Can Micro and Small Enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa Become More Productive? The Impacts of Experimental Basic Managerial Training
by Mano, Yukichi & Iddrisu, Alhassan & Yoshino, Yutaka & Sonobe, Tetsushi
- 469-485 Changes in Trade Policies and the Heterogeneity of Domestic and Multinational Firms’ Strategic Response: The Effects on Firm-Level Capabilities
by Peerally, Jahan Ara & Cantwell, John A
- 486-500 The Political Economy of Relief Aid Allocation: Evidence from Madagascar
by Francken, Nathalie & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 501-515 The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on HIV and AIDS Programs in a High Prevalence Country: The Case of Malawi
by Serieux, John E. & Munthali, Spy & Sepehri, Ardeshir & White, Robert
- 516-527 Citizen Perceptions of Local Government Responsiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bratton, Michael
- 528-541 Community Organized Household Water Increases Not Only Rural incomes, but Also Men’s Work
by Crow, Ben & Swallow, Brent & Asamba, Isabella
- 542-554 Institutional Determinants of Success Among Forestry-Based Carbon Sequestration Projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Reynolds, Travis W.
- 555-569 Swimming Upstream: Local Indonesian Production Networks in “Globalized” Palm Oil Production
by McCarthy, John F. & Gillespie, Piers & Zen, Zahari
- 570-582 The Impact of Fair Trade Certification for Coffee Farmers in Peru
by Ruben, Ruerd & Fort, Ricardo
- 583-593 An Empirical Analysis of Gender Bias in Education Spending in Paraguay
by Masterson, Thomas
- 594-609 Skill Premium in Chile: Studying Skill Upgrading in the South
by Gallego, Francisco A.
- 610-619 Measurement of Women’s Empowerment in Rural Bangladesh
by Mahmud, Simeen & Shah, Nirali M. & Becker, Stan
- 620-630 Heterogeneous Effects of International Migration and Remittances on Crop Income: Evidence from the Kyrgyz Republic
by Atamanov, Aziz & Van den Berg, Marrit
- 631-642 Hidden Child Labor: Determinants of Housework and Family Business Work of Children in 16 Developing Countries
by Webbink, Ellen & Smits, Jeroen & de Jong, Eelke
- 643-655 Competition Between Microfinance NGOs: Evidence from Kiva
by Ly, Pierre & Mason, Geri
2012, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 223-237 Disaggregated Capital Flows and Developing Countries’ Competitiveness
by Ben Naceur, Sami & Bakardzhieva, Damyana & Kamar, Bassem
- 238-250 Rigidities in Employment Protection and Exporting
by Seker, Murat
- 251-265 Are Skilled Women More Migratory than Skilled Men?
by Docquier, Frédéric & Marfouk, Abdeslam & Salomone, Sara & Sekkat, Khalid
- 266-272 Aid Unpredictability and Economic Growth
by Kodama, Masahiro
- 273-290 Innovation and Productivity: Evidence from Six Latin American Countries
by Crespi, Gustavo & Zuniga, Pluvia
- 291-302 Impact of Pension Privatization on Foreign Direct Investment
by Reece, Christopher & Sam, Abdoul G.
- 303-314 Economic Crises, Maternal and Infant Mortality, Low Birth Weight and Enrollment Rates: Evidence from Argentina’s Downturns
by Cruces, Guillermo & Glüzmann, Pablo & Calva, Luis Felipe López
- 315-328 Detecting Gender and Racial Discrimination in Hiring Through Monitoring Intermediation Services: The Case of Selected Occupations in Metropolitan Lima, Peru
by Moreno, Martín & Ñopo, Hugo & Saavedra, Jaime & Torero, Máximo
- 329-341 Transaction Costs, Institutional Arrangements and Inequality Outcomes: Potato Marketing by Small Producers in Rural Peru
by Escobal, Javier A. & Cavero, Denice
- 342-354 Small Farmers and Big Retail: Trade-offs of Supplying Supermarkets in Nicaragua
by Michelson, Hope & Reardon, Thomas & Perez, Francisco
- 355-372 Is Bribery Really Regressive? Bribery’s Costs, Benefits, and Mechanisms
by Hunt, Jennifer & Laszlo, Sonia
- 373-386 Displaced Populations, Humanitarian Assistance and Hosts: A Framework for Analyzing Impacts on Semi-urban Households
by Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Bartlett, Anne & Saah, David
- 387-401 Why Do NGOs Go Where They Go? Evidence from Kenya
by Brass, Jennifer N.
- 402-413 Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Agricultural Productivity and Poverty in East Africa
by Davis, K. & Nkonya, E. & Kato, E. & Mekonnen, D.A. & Odendo, M. & Miiro, R. & Nkuba, J.
- 414-427 The Empowerment Route to Well-being: An Analysis of Farmer Field Schools in East Africa
by Friis-Hansen, Esbern & Duveskog, Deborah
- 428-435 Does Positional Concern Matter in Poor Societies? Evidence from a Survey Experiment in Rural Ethiopia
by Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter & Medhin, Haileselassie
2012, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-10 Aid Proliferation and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Kimura, Hidemi & Mori, Yuko & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 11-20 Social Transfers and Growth: What Do We Know? What Do We Need to Find Out?
by Barrientos, Armando
- 21-35 The Best Things in Life are (Nearly) Free: Technology, Knowledge, and Global Health
by Casabonne, Ursula & Kenny, Charles
- 36-48 Trade Barrier Volatility and Agricultural Price Stabilization
by Anderson, Kym & Nelgen, Signe
- 49-61 Beyond Trade: The Impact of Preferential Trade Agreements on FDI Inflows
by Medvedev, Denis
- 62-74 Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence from China
by Xu, Xinpeng & Sheng, Yu
- 75-95 Does Foreign Direct Investment Reduce Poverty in Africa and are There Regional Differences?
by Gohou, Gaston & Soumaré, Issouf
- 96-109 Can Public–Private Partnerships Leverage Private Investment in Agricultural Value Chains in Africa? A Preliminary Review
by Poulton, Colin & Macartney, Jon
- 110-123 Smallholder Irrigation as a Poverty Alleviation Tool in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Burney, Jennifer A. & Naylor, Rosamond L.
- 124-133 Cropland Allocation Effects of Agricultural Input Subsidies in Malawi
by Chibwana, Christopher & Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald
- 134-145 Drought and Population Mobility in Rural Ethiopia
by Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie
- 146-162 Household-Level Consumption in Urban Ethiopia: The Effects of a Large Food Price Shock
by Alem, Yonas & Söderbom, Måns
- 163-176 Social Protection in Sub-Saharan Africa: Getting the Politics Right
by Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Barrientos, Armando & Hickey, Samuel & Hulme, David
- 177-188 The Spread of Illegal Transgenic Cotton Varieties in India: Biosafety Regulation, Monopoly, and Enforcement
by Ramaswami, Bharat & Pray, Carl E. & Lalitha, N.
- 189-205 Governance Institutions, Resource Rights Regimes, and the Informal Mining Sector: Regulatory Complexities in Indonesia
by Spiegel, Samuel J.
- 206-222 Collective Remittances and the State: The 3×1 Program in Mexican Municipalities
by Aparicio, Francisco Javier & Meseguer, Covadonga
2011, Volume 39, Issue 12
- 2055-2068 Freely Disposable Time: A Time and Money Integrated Measure of Poverty and Freedom
by Hobbes, Marieke & De Groot, Wouter T. & Van Der Voet, Ester & Sarkhel, Sukanya
- 2069-2079 Trade Policy, Trade Costs, and Developing Country Trade
by Hoekman, Bernard & Nicita, Alessandro
- 2080-2090 Capital Flows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Mexico
by Ibarra, Carlos A.
- 2091-2104 “Emerging Donors” from a Recipient Perspective: An Institutional Analysis of Foreign Aid in Cambodia
by Sato, Jin & Shiga, Hiroaki & Kobayashi, Takaaki & Kondoh, Hisahiro
- 2105-2118 Knowledge Diffusion and Modernization of Rural Industrial Clusters: A Paper-manufacturing Village in Northern Vietnam
by Kimura, Yuichi
- 2119-2131 Local Means in Value Chain Ends: Dynamics of Product and Social Upgrading in Apparel Manufacturing in Guatemala and Colombia
by Pipkin, Seth
- 2132-2146 The Impact of Political Dependence on Small Island Jurisdictions
by Dunn, Leslie
- 2147-2164 Marginalized Forest Peoples’ Perceptions of the Legitimacy of Governance: An Exploration
by Colfer, Carol J. Pierce
- 2165-2175 The Effect of Irrigation on Poverty Reduction, Asset Accumulation, and Informal Insurance: Evidence from Northern Mali
by Dillon, Andrew
- 2176-2186 Farmer Participatory Research and Soil Conservation in Southeast Asian Cassava Systems
by Dalton, Timothy J. & Lilja, Nina K. & Johnson, Nancy & Howeler, Reinhardt
- 2187-2198 The Impact of Modern Economic Growth on Urban–Rural Differences in Subjective Well-Being
by Easterlin, Richard A. & Angelescu, Laura & Zweig, Jacqueline S.
- 2199-2210 Labor Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-behind Children and Elderly in Rural China
by Chang, Hongqin & Dong, Xiao-yuan & MacPhail, Fiona
- 2211-2220 Height and Cognitive Achievement of Vietnamese Children
by Duc, Le Thuc
- 2221-2231 Determinants of Dietary Quality: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Rashid, Dewan Arif & Smith, Lisa C. & Rahman, Tauhidur
- 2232-2244 Are Schooling and Roads Complementary? Evidence from Income Dynamics in Rural Indonesia
by Yamauchi, Futoshi & Muto, Megumi & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Dewina, Reno & Sumaryanto, Sony
- 2245-2256 Quality of Schooling, Returns to Schooling and the 1981 Vouchers Reform in Chile
by Patrinos, Harry A. & Sakellariou, Chris
2011, Volume 39, Issue 11
- 1891-1906 More Dollars than Sense: Refining Our Knowledge of Development Finance Using AidData
by Tierney, Michael J. & Nielson, Daniel L. & Hawkins, Darren G. & Roberts, J. Timmons & Findley, Michael G. & Powers, Ryan M. & Parks, Bradley & Wilson, Sven E. & Hicks, Robert L.
- 1907-1917 Aid Quality and Donor Rankings
by Knack, Stephen & Rogers, F. Halsey & Eubank, Nicholas
- 1918-1929 The Money Trail: Ranking Donor Transparency in Foreign Aid
by Ghosh, Anirban & Kharas, Homi
- 1930-1949 Rhetoric versus Reality: The Best and Worst of Aid Agency Practices
by Easterly, William & Williamson, Claudia R.
- 1950-1968 Are ‘New’ Donors Different? Comparing the Allocation of Bilateral Aid Between nonDAC and DAC Donor Countries
by Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer
- 1969-1980 The Rise (and Decline?) of Arab Aid: Generosity and Allocation in the Oil Era
by Shushan, Debra & Marcoux, Christopher
- 1981-1994 What Determines the Size of Aid Projects?
by Kilby, Christopher
- 1995-2009 The Localized Geography of Foreign Aid: A New Dataset and Application to Violent Armed Conflict
by Findley, Michael G. & Powell, Josh & Strandow, Daniel & Tanner, Jeff
- 2010-2020 Coding Error or Statistical Embellishment? The Political Economy of Reporting Climate Aid
by Michaelowa, Axel & Michaelowa, Katharina
- 2021-2031 Foreign Aid and Regime Change: A Role for Donor Intent
by Bermeo, Sarah Blodgett
- 2032-2043 Chasing Success: Health Sector Aid and Mortality
by Wilson, Sven E.
- 2044-2053 Dodging Adverse Selection: How Donor Type and Governance Condition Aid’s Effects on School Enrollment
by Christensen, Zachary & Homer, Dustin & Nielson, Daniel L.
2011, Volume 39, Issue 10
- 1691-1703 Dual Income Taxation: A Promising Path to Tax Reform for Developing Countries
by Bird, Richard M. & Zolt, Eric M.
- 1704-1723 Throwing Foreign Aid at HIV/AIDS in Developing Countries: Missing the Target?
by Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes
- 1724-1734 25Years of Aid Allocation Practice: Whither Selectivity?
by Clist, Paul
- 1735-1748 Democracy, History, and Economic Performance: A Case-Study Approach
by Gerring, John & Kingstone, Peter & Lange, Matthew & Sinha, Aseema
- 1749-1759 Land Transport for Export: The Effects of Cost, Time, and Uncertainty in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Christ, Nannette & Ferrantino, Michael J.
- 1760-1770 Local and Personal Networks in Employment and the Development of Labor Markets: Evidence from the Cut Flower Industry in Ethiopia
by Mano, Yukichi & Yamano, Takashi & Suzuki, Aya & Matsumoto, Tomoya
- 1771-1783 Financial Liberalization and the Industrial Response: Concentration and Entry in Malawi
by Kabango, Grant P. & Paloni, Alberto
- 1784-1795 Agricultural Technology, Crop Income, and Poverty Alleviation in Uganda
by Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Muricho, Geoffrey
- 1796-1807 Literacy Practices and Schooling: A Case Study from Mozambique
by Esposito, Lucio & Kebede, Bereket & Maddox, Bryan
- 1808-1819 Measuring the Impact of Microfinance on Child Health Outcomes in Indonesia
by DeLoach, Stephen B. & Lamanna, Erika
- 1820-1833 Caste Stratification and Wealth Inequality in India
by Zacharias, Ajit & Vakulabharanam, Vamsi
- 1834-1846 Remittances and Competitiveness: The Case of the Philippines
by Bayangos, Veronica & Jansen, Karel
- 1847-1861 Return Migrants: The Rise of New Entrepreneurs in Rural China
by Démurger, Sylvie & Xu, Hui
- 1862-1877 Effects of Free Trade on Women and Immigrants: CAFTA and the Rural Dominican Republic
by Filipski, Mateusz & Edward Taylor, J. & Msangi, Siwa
- 1878-1887 The Corn Price Surge: Impacts on Rural Mexico
by Dyer, George A. & Taylor, J. Edward
- 1888-1890 Comment: On the Interpretation (and Misinterpretation) of Inequality Decompositions by Income Sources
by Kimhi, Ayal
September 2011, Volume 39, Issue 9
- 1489-1502 Trade Openness and Developing Countries' Vulnerability: Concepts, Misconceptions, and Directions for Research
by Montalbano, Pierluigi
- 1503-1515 Informal Employment: Safety Net or Growth Engine?
by Loayza, Norman V. & Rigolini, Jamele
- 1516-1529 Political Polarization as a Constraint on Corruption: A Cross-national Comparison
by Brown, David S. & Touchton, Michael & Whitford, Andrew
- 1530-1541 Earthquake Propensity and the Politics of Mortality Prevention
by Keefer, Philip & Neumayer, Eric & Plümper, Thomas
- 1542-1557 Do Effective State Business Relations Matter for Economic Growth? Evidence from Indian States
by Calì, Massimiliano & Sen, Kunal
- 1558-1569 Fiscal Redistribution and Income Inequality in Latin America
by Goñi, Edwin & Humberto López, J. & Servén, Luis
- 1570-1591 The Co-Evolution of Firm-Centered Knowledge Networks and Capabilities in Late Industrializing Countries: The Case of Petrobras in the Offshore Oil Innovation System in Brazil
by Dantas, Eva & Bell, Martin
- 1592-1610 Can Entrepreneurial Activity be Taught? Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Central America
by Klinger, Bailey & Schündeln, Matthias
- 1611-1623 Partial Vertical Integration, Risk Shifting, and Product Rejection in the High-Value Export Supply Chain: The Ghana Pineapple Sector
by Suzuki, Aya & Jarvis, Lovell S. & Sexton, Richard J.
- 1624-1637 Wet Markets, Supermarkets and the "Big Middle" for Food Retailing in Developing Countries: Evidence from Thailand
by Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Supatpongkul, Pajaree
- 1638-1648 Livestock's Contribution to Poverty Alleviation: How to Measure It?
by Alary, Véronique & Corniaux, Christian & Gautier, Denis
- 1649-1662 Gender Implications of Biofuels Expansion in Africa: The Case of Mozambique
by Arndt, Channing & Benfica, Rui & Thurlow, James
- 1663-1675 Determinants of Performance of Community-Based Drinking Water Organizations
by Madrigal, Róger & Alpízar, Francisco & Schlüter, Achim
- 1676-1689 Marital Violence and Women's Employment and Property Status: Evidence from North Indian Villages
by Bhattacharyya, Manasi & Bedi, Arjun S. & Chhachhi, Amrita
August 2011, Volume 39, Issue 8
- 1271-1280 Does Global Health Funding Respond to Recipients' Needs? Comparing Public and Private Donors' Allocations in 2005-2007
by Esser, Daniel E. & Keating Bench, Kara
- 1281-1293 A New Approach to the Allocation of Aid Among Developing Countries: Is the USA Different from the Rest?
by Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang
- 1294-1307 Foreign Students and Migration to the United States
by Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu
- 1308-1321 Help or Hindrance? Religion's Impact on Gender Inequality in Attitudes and Outcomes
by Seguino, Stephanie
- 1322-1332 Foreign Direct Investment and Wage Inequality: Evidence from China
by Chen, Zhihong & Ge, Ying & Lai, Huiwen
- 1333-1346 Wages Equal Productivity. Fact or Fiction? Evidence from Sub Saharan Africa
by Van Biesebroeck, Johannes
- 1347-1357 The Limits of R&D Internationalization and the Importance of Local Initiatives: Turkey as a Critical Case
by Karabag, Solmaz Filiz & Tuncay-Celikel, Asli & Berggren, Christian
- 1358-1371 Local 'Test Bed' Market Demand in the Transition to Leadership: The Case of the Korean Mobile Handset Industry
by Whang, Yun-kyung & Hobday, Michael
- 1372-1385 Threatening to Increase Productivity: Evidence from Brazil's Oil Industry
by Bridgman, Benjamin & Gomes, Victor & Teixeira, Arilton
- 1386-1397 The Impact of Operating in Multiple Value Chains for Upgrading: The Case of the Brazilian Furniture and Footwear Industries
by Navas-Alemán, Lizbeth
- 1398-1409 Weathering the Storms: Credit Receipt and Child Labor in the Aftermath of the Great Floods (1998) in Bangladesh
by Alvi, Eskander & Dendir, Seife
- 1410-1421 Beyond Average Treatment Effects: Distribution of Child Nutrition Outcomes and Program Placement in India's ICDS
by Kandpal, Eeshani
- 1422-1433 Gender Disparity in Access to Information: Do Spouses Share What They Know?
by Fletschner, Diana & Mesbah, Dina
- 1434-1443 Planting Hybrids, Keeping Landraces: Agricultural Modernization and Tradition Among Small-Scale Maize Farmers in Chiapas, Mexico
by Bellon, Mauricio R. & Hellin, Jon
- 1444-1459 Market Provisioning and the Conservation of Crop Biodiversity: An Analysis of Peasant Livelihoods and Maize Diversity in the Guatemalan Highlands
by Isakson, S. Ryan
- 1460-1475 The Burkinabè Cotton Story 1992-2007: Sustainable Success or Sub-Saharan Mirage?
by Kaminski, Jonathan & Headey, Derek & Bernard, Tanguy
- 1476-1484 Gender Wage Inequality and Economic Growth: Is There Really a Puzzle?--A Comment
by Schober, Thomas & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 1485-1487 Gender Inequality and Economic Growth: A Reply to Schober and Winter-Ebmer
by Seguino, Stephanie
July 2011, Volume 39, Issue 7
- 1065-1075 Globalization and the Empowerment of Women: An Analysis of Spatial Dependence via Trade and Foreign Direct Investment
by Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra
- 1076-1089 Remittances and Household Consumption Instability in Developing Countries
by Combes, Jean-Louis & Ebeke, Christian
- 1090-1107 R&D and Productivity: A Two Way Avenue?
by Bravo-Ortega, Claudio & García Marín, Álvaro
- 1108-1121 The Patterns of Technological Capabilities of Countries: A Dual Approach using Composite Indicators and Data Envelopment Analysis
by Filippetti, Andrea & Peyrache, Antonio
- 1122-1132 How Petty is Petty Corruption? Evidence from Firm Surveys in Africa
by Clarke, George R.G.
- 1133-1142 Corruption, Attitudes, and Education: Survey Evidence from Nepal
by Truex, Rory
- 1143-1154 Seeking the Local State: Gender, Caste, and the Pursuit of Public Services in Post-Tsunami India
by Kruks-Wisner, Gabrielle
- 1155-1165 The Paradox of State Retrenchment in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Micro-Level Experience of Public Social Service Provision
by MacLean, Lauren M.
- 1166-1176 Old Problems in the New Solutions? Politically Motivated Allocation of Program Benefits and the "New" Fertilizer Subsidies
by Banful, Afua Branoah
- 1177-1190 China as a Final Market: The Gabon Timber and Thai Cassava Value Chains
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Terheggen, Anne & Tijaja, Julia
- 1191-1203 Can Microcredit Services Alleviate Hardship in African Small-scale Mining Communities?
by Hilson, Gavin & Ackah-Baidoo, Abigail
- 1204-1212 The Role of Foreign Technology and Indigenous Innovation in the Emerging Economies: Technological Change and Catching-up
by Fu, Xiaolan & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Soete, Luc
- 1213-1225 Indigenous and Foreign Innovation Efforts and Drivers of Technological Upgrading: Evidence from China
by Fu, Xiaolan & Gong, Yundan
- 1226-1239 Foreign Direct Investment and R&D: Substitutes or Complements--A Case of Indian Manufacturing after 1991 Reforms
by Sasidharan, Subash & Kathuria, Vinish
- 1240-1248 Sources of External Technology, Absorptive Capacity, and Innovation Capability in Chinese State-Owned High-Tech Enterprises
by Li, Xibao
- 1249-1260 Patterns of Innovation Practices of Multinational-affiliates in Emerging Economies: Evidences from Brazil and India
by Franco, Eliane & Ray, Sangeeta & Ray, Pradeep Kanta
- 1261-1269 Global Value Chains Meet Innovation Systems: Are There Learning Opportunities for Developing Countries?
by Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta
June 2011, Volume 39, Issue 6
- 875-881 Microfinance: Its Impact, Outreach, and Sustainability
by Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert
- 882-897 Microfinance and Investment: A Comparison with Bank and Informal Lending
by Dalla Pellegrina, Lucia
- 898-912 Does Microfinance Work as a Recovery Tool After Disasters? Evidence from the 2004 Tsunami
by Becchetti, Leonardo & Castriota, Stefano
- 913-921 Do Spouses Make Claims? Empowerment and Microfinance in India
by Rai, Ashok & Ravi, Shamika
- 922-937 Microfinance and Home Improvement: Using Retrospective Panel Data to Measure Program Effects on Fundamental Events
by McIntosh, Craig & Villaran, Gonzalo & Wydick, Bruce
- 938-948 Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions
by Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar
- 949-965 Does Regulatory Supervision Curtail Microfinance Profitability and Outreach?
by Cull, Robert & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Morduch, Jonathan
- 966-973 On the Efficiency Effects of Subsidies in Microfinance: An Empirical Inquiry
by Hudon, Marek & Traca, Daniel
- 974-982 Social Networks, Neighborhood Effects, and Credit Access: Evidence from Rural Guatemala
by Wydick, Bruce & Karp Hayes, Harmony & Hilliker Kempf, Sarah
- 983-986 Introduction: Sustainable Development, Energy, and Climate Change
by Halsnæs, Kirsten & Markandya, Anil & Shukla, P.
- 987-1001 Assessing the Role of Energy in Development and Climate Policies--Conceptual Approach and Key Indicators
by Halsnæs, Kirsten & Garg, Amit
- 1002-1025 Pro-equity Effects of Ancillary Benefits of Climate Change Policies: A Case Study of Human Health Impacts of Outdoor Air Pollution in New Delhi
by Garg, Amit
- 1026-1036 Biofuels and Sustainable Energy Development in Brazil
by La Rovere, Emilio Lèbre & Pereira, André Santos & Simões, André Felipe
- 1037-1050 Access and Affordability of Electricity in Developing Countries
by Winkler, Harald & Simões, André Felipe & Rovere, Emilio Lèbre la & Alam, Mozaharul & Rahman, Atiq & Mwakasonda, Stanford
- 1051-1060 Equity and Distributional Implications of Climate Change
by Markandya, Anil
May 2011, Volume 39, Issue 5
- 673-685 The Rule of Law and Economic Growth: Where are We?
by Haggard, Stephan & Tiede, Lydia
- 686-699 Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia
by Andrianova, Svetlana & Demetriades, Panicos & Xu, Chenggang
- 700-711 Austerity and Moral Compromise: Lessons from the Development of China's Banking System
by Tobin, Damian
- 712-724 Inflation Targeting and Real Exchange Rates in Emerging Markets
by Aizenman, Joshua & Hutchison, Michael & Noy, Ilan
- 725-740 Does Aid for Trade Really Improve Trade Performance?
by Calì, Massimiliano & te Velde, Dirk Willem
- 741-757 Determinants of International Emergency Aid--Humanitarian Need Only?
by Fink, Günther & Redaelli, Silvia
- 758-772 Women and Repayment in Microfinance: A Global Analysis
by D'Espallier, Bert & Guérin, Isabelle & Mersland, Roy
- 773-783 Grid Extension in Rural Benin: Micro-Manufacturers and the Electrification Trap
by Peters, Jörg & Vance, Colin & Harsdorff, Marek
- 784-796 Supermarkets, Farm Household Income, and Poverty: Insights from Kenya
by Rao, Elizaphan J.O. & Qaim, Matin
- 797-807 The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Off-farm Employment and Earnings in Rural China
by Huang, Jikun & Zhi, Huayong & Huang, Zhurong & Rozelle, Scott & Giles, John