2010, Volume 38, Issue 10
- 1349-1361 The Future of Small Farms: Trajectories and Policy Priorities
by Hazell, Peter & Poulton, Colin & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew
- 1362-1374 Reflections on the Role of Agriculture in Pro-Poor Growth
by Valdés, Alberto & Foster, William
- 1375-1383 The Role of Agriculture in African Development
by Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, Peter & Thurlow, James
- 1384-1398 Principal Challenges Confronting Smallholder Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Jayne, T.S. & Mather, David & Mghenyi, Elliot
- 1399-1412 From Policy Aims and Small-farm Characteristics to Farm Science Needs
by Lipton, Michael
- 1413-1428 The Future of Small Farms: New Directions for Services, Institutions, and Intermediation
by Poulton, Colin & Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan
- 1429-1441 The Rural Non-farm Economy: Prospects for Growth and Poverty Reduction
by Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter & Reardon, Thomas
- 1442-1452 The Political Economy of Policies for Smallholder Agriculture
by Birner, Regina & Resnick, Danielle
- 1453-1461 Impact Assessment of Policy-Oriented International Agricultural Research: Evidence and Insights from Case Studies
by Walker, Tom & Ryan, Jim & Kelley, Tim
- 1462-1472 Returns to Policy-Oriented Agricultural Research: The Case of Barley Fertilization in Syria
by Ahmed, Mohamed A.M. & Shideed, Kamel & Mazid, Ahmed
- 1473-1485 The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and the Mexican PROGRESA Anti-Poverty and Human Resource Investment Conditional Cash
by Behrman, Jere R.
- 1486-1493 The Perceived Impact of the In-Trust Agreements on CGIAR Germplasm Availability: An Assessment of Bioversity International's Institutional Activities
by Gotor, Elisabetta & Caracciolo, Francesco & Watts, Jamie
- 1494-1505 Kenyan Dairy Policy Change: Influence Pathways and Economic Impacts
by Kaitibie, Simeon & Omore, Amos & Rich, Karl & Kristjanson, Patti
- 1506-1518 Assessing the Impact of Policy-Oriented Research: The Case of CIFOR's Influence on the Indonesian Pulp and Paper Sector
by Raitzer, David A.
- 1519-1526 Economic Assessment of a Change in Pesticide Regulatory Policy in the Philippines
by Templeton, Deborah Jane & Jamora, Nelissa
2010, Volume 38, Issue 9
- 1191-1203 Good for Living? On the Relationship between Globalization and Life Expectancy
by Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese
- 1204-1216 Debt Relief, Investment and Growth
by Johansson, Pernilla
- 1217-1228 Geographical Diversification of Developing Country Exports
by shepherd, Ben
- 1229-1240 Regulating Water Services for All in Developing Economies
by Gerlach, Esther & Franceys, Richard
- 1241-1250 Do Forests Help Rural Households Adapt to Climate Variability? Evidence from Southern Malawi
by Fisher, Monica & Chaudhury, Moushumi & McCusker, Brent
- 1251-1262 "Ancient and Backward or Long-Lived and Sustainable?" The Role of the Past in Debates Concerning Rural Livelihoods and Resource Conservation in Eastern Africa
by Stump, Daryl
- 1263-1277 Promoting Transparency in the NGO Sector: Examining the Availability and Reliability of Self-Reported Data
by Burger, Ronelle & Owens, Trudy
- 1278-1296 A Rural-Urban Comparison of Manufacturing Enterprise Performance in Ethiopia
by Rijkers, Bob & Söderbom, Måns & Loening, Josef L.
- 1297-1314 Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa
by Bocquier, Philippe & Nordman, Christophe J. & Vescovo, Aude
- 1315-1327 Consumption Fluctuations and Welfare: Evidence from China
by Ho, Chun-Yu & Ho, Wai-Yip Alex & Li, Dan
- 1328-1339 The Global Food Crisis and Guatemala: What Crisis and for Whom?
by de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
2010, Volume 38, Issue 8
- 1057-1069 Are International Databases on Corruption Reliable? A Comparison of Expert Opinion Surveys and Household Surveys in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François
- 1070-1081 Financial Reforms, Patent Protection, and Knowledge Accumulation in India
by Ang, James B.
- 1082-1093 Patent Incentives, Technology Markets, and Public-Private Bio-Medical Innovation Networks in Brazil
by Ryan, Michael P.
- 1094-1104 Does Stronger Intellectual Property Rights Protection Induce More Bilateral Trade? Evidence from China's Imports
by Awokuse, Titus O. & Yin, Hong
- 1105-1113 Effects of Hub-and-Spoke Free Trade Agreements on Trade: A Panel Data Analysis
by Hur, Jung & Alba, Joseph D. & Park, Donghyun
- 1114-1126 Foreign Presence, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Ghana
by Waldkirch, Andreas & Ofosu, Andra
- 1127-1140 Exchange Rate Volatility and Employment Growth in Developing Countries: Evidence from Turkey
by Demir, Firat
- 1141-1155 Return Migration and Occupational Choice: Evidence from Albania
by Piracha, Matloob & Vadean, Florin
- 1156-1167 Values, Cultural Practices, and Economic Performance: Theory and Some Evidence from Kenya
by Aharonovitz, Gilad David & Nyaga, Elizabeth Kabura
- 1168-1178 Pastoralists' Conceptions of Poverty: An Analysis of Traditional and Conventional Indicators from Borana, Ethiopia
by Tache, Boku & Sjaastad, Espen
- 1179-1190 Trust, Market Participation and Economic Outcomes: Evidence from Rural China
by Tu, Qin & Bulte, Erwin
2010, Volume 38, Issue 7
- 923-932 Community-Based Risk Management Arrangements: A Review
by Bhattamishra, Ruchira & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 933-954 "Trade Matters in the Fight Against Poverty": Narratives, Perceptions, and (Lack of) Evidence in the Case of Fish Trade in Africa
by Béné, Christophe & Lawton, Rebecca & Allison, Edward H.
- 955-965 Assets, Activity Choices, and Civil War: Evidence from Burundi
by Bundervoet, Tom
- 966-973 Who Should be Interviewed in Surveys of Household Income?
by Fisher, Monica & Reimer, Jeffrey J. & Carr, Edward R.
- 974-988 Women's Empowerment and the Creation of Social Capital in Indian Villages
by Janssens, Wendy
- 989-1000 How Does Public Assistance Affect Family Expenditures? The Case of Urban China
by Gao, Qin & Zhai, Fuhua & Garfinkel, Irwin
- 1001-1011 Nutrient Intake of the Poor and its Implications for the Nutritional Effect of Cereal Price Subsidies: Evidence from China
by Shimokawa, Satoru
- 1012-1023 Adult BMI as a Health and Nutritional Inequality Measure: Applications at Macro and Micro Levels
by Molini, Vasco & Nubé, Maarten & van den Boom, Bart
- 1024-1035 The Impact of Improved Maize Varieties on Poverty in Mexico: A Propensity Score-Matching Approach
by Becerril, Javier & Abdulai, Awudu
- 1036-1046 Poverty and Inequality Among Ethnic Groups in Chile
by Agostini, Claudio A. & Brown, Philip H. & Roman, Andrei C.
- 1047-1055 Remittances and Their Unintended Consequences in Cuba
by Eckstein, Susan
2010, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 797-802 Globalization, Poverty, and Inequality in Latin America: Findings from Case Studies
by Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik
- 803-813 Trade Liberalization and the Self-Employed in Mexico
by Popli, Gurleen K.
- 814-827 Globalization and Smallholders: The Adoption, Diffusion, and Welfare Impact of Non-Traditional Export Crops in Guatemala
by Carletto, Calogero & Kirk, Angeli & Winters, Paul C. & Davis, Benjamin
- 828-839 Remittances and Vulnerability to Poverty in Rural Mexico
by de la Fuente, Alejandro
- 840-856 Globalization and Formal Sector Migration in Brazil
by Aguayo-Téllez, Ernesto & Muendler, Marc-Andreas & Poole, Jennifer P.
- 857-869 Seasonal Migration and Early Childhood Development
by Macours, Karen & Vakis, Renos
- 870-880 Earnings Mobility in Times of Growth and Decline: Argentina from 1996 to 2003
by Fields, Gary S. & Sánchez Puerta, María Laura
- 881-894 Linkages Between Pro-Poor Growth, Social Programs and Labor Market: The Recent Brazilian Experience
by Kakwani, Nanak & Neri, Marcelo Côrtes & Son, Hyun H.
- 895-907 Globalization and the Role of Public Transfers in Redistributing Income in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Lindert, Kathy & Shapiro, Joseph
- 908-918 Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras
by Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine
2010, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 665-678 Growing out of Poverty: Trends and Patterns of Urban Poverty in China 1988-2002
by Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie
- 679-692 The Effect of ILO Minimum Age Conventions on Child Labor and School Attendance: Evidence From Aggregate and Individual-Level Data
by Boockmann, Bernhard
- 693-705 Corruption, Manufacturing Plant Growth, and the Asian Paradox: Indonesian Evidence
by Vial, Virginie & Hanoteau, Julien
- 706-716 Certification, Partnership, and Morality in an Organic Shrimp Network: Rethinking Transnational Alternative Agrifood Networks
by Hatanaka, Maki
- 717-726 The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia
by Gibson, John & Olivia, Susan
- 727-741 How Important are Locational Characteristics for Rural Non-agricultural Employment? Lessons from Brazil
by Jonasson, Erik & Helfand, Steven M.
- 742-755 Jump-starting Self-employment? Evidence for Welfare Participants in Argentina
by Almeida, Rita K. & Galasso, Emanuela
- 756-770 When is Cheap, Cheap Enough to Bridge the Digital Divide? Modeling Income Related Structural Challenges of Technology Diffusion in Latin America
by Hilbert, Martin
- 771-782 Has Mercantilism Reduced Urban Poverty in SSA? Perception of Boom, Bust, and the China-Africa Trade in Lomé and Bamako
by Lyons, Michal & Brown, Alison
- 783-796 Disentangling Bargaining Power from Individual and Household Level to Institutions: Evidence on Women's Position in Ethiopia
by Mabsout, Ramzi & van Staveren, Irene
2010, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 445-454 The Developing World's Bulging (but Vulnerable) Middle Class
by Ravallion, Martin
- 455-466 Social Security Regimes, Global Estimates, and Good Practices: The Status of Social Protection for International Migrants
by Avato, Johanna & Koettl, Johannes & Sabates-Wheeler, Rachel
- 467-481 Global Infant Mortality: Correcting for Undercounting
by Anthopolos, Rebecca & Becker, Charles M.
- 482-497 Is Foreign Aid a Vanguard of Foreign Direct Investment? A Gravity-Equation Approach
by Kimura, Hidemi & Todo, Yasuyuki
- 498-513 Investment Climate and FDI in Developing Countries: Firm-Level Evidence
by Kinda, Tidiane
- 514-522 Productivity and Employment in a Developing Country: Some Evidence from Korea
by Kim, Sangho & Lim, Hyunjoon & Park, Donghyun
- 523-540 Who Benefits from Promoting Small Enterprises? Some Empirical Evidence from Ethiopia
by Rijkers, Bob & Ruggeri Laderchi, Caterina & Teal, Francis
- 541-554 Poverty Status and the Impact of Formal Credit on Technology Use and Wellbeing among Ethiopian Smallholders
by Liverpool, Lenis Saweda O. & Winter-Nelson, Alex
- 555-566 Impact of Access to Credit on Labor Allocation Patterns in Malawi
by Swaminathan, Hema & Salcedo Du Bois, Rodrigo & Findeis, Jill L.
- 567-580 Credit Program Participation and Child Schooling in Rural Malawi
by Shimamura, Yasuharu & Lastarria-Cornhiel, Susana
- 581-592 Promising Approaches to Address the Needs of Poor Female Farmers: Resources, Constraints, and Interventions
by Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Pandolfelli, Lauren
- 593-605 Are Female-Headed Households More Food Insecure? Evidence from Bangladesh
by Mallick, Debdulal & Rafi, Mohammad
- 606-619 Tests of Intrahousehold Resource Allocation Using a CV Framework: A Comparison of Husbands' and Wives' Separate and Joint WTP in the Slums of Navi-Mumbai, India
by Prabhu, Vimalanand S.
- 620-630 Do Rights Work? Law, Activism, and the Employment Guarantee Scheme
by Joshi, Anuradha
- 631-646 One Size Fits All? Decentralization, Corruption, and the Monitoring of Bureaucrats
by Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther
- 647-663 Vulnerability of Victims of Civil Conflicts: Empirical Evidence for the Displaced Population in Colombia
by Ibáñez, Ana María & Moya, Andrés
2010, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 219-227 Aid and Debt Relief in Africa: Have They Been Substitutes or Complements?
by Powell, Robert & Bird, Graham
- 228-243 Is Corporate Aid Targeted to Poor and Deserving Countries? A Case Study of Nestlé's Aid Allocation
by Metzger, Laura & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Mahmoud, Toman Omar
- 244-259 Is Corruption an Efficient Grease?
by Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Weill, Laurent
- 260-269 A Critical Appraisal of McKinnon's Complementarity Hypothesis: Does the Real Rate of Return on Money Matter for Investment in Developing Countries?
by Moore, Tomoe
- 270-281 Growth and Inequality in India: Analysis of an Extended Social Accounting Matrix
by Pieters, Janneke
- 282-297 Accounting for Inequality in India: Evidence from Household Expenditures
by Cain, J. Salcedo & Hasan, Rana & Magsombol, Rhoda & Tandon, Ajay
- 298-314 Schooling Investments over Three Decades in Rural Tamil Nadu, India: Changing Effects of Income, Gender, and Adult Family Members' Education
by Kajisa, Kei & Palanichamy, N. Venkatesa
- 315-332 Child Nutrition, Health Problems, and School Achievement in Sri Lanka
by Wisniewski, Suzanne L.W.
- 333-344 Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines
by Ashraf, Nava & Karlan, Dean & Yin, Wesley
- 345-355 Relative to What or Whom? The Importance of Norms and Relative Standing to Well-Being in South Africa
by Bookwalter, Jeffrey T. & Dalenberg, Douglas R.
- 356-368 A Test of the New Variant Famine Hypothesis: Panel Survey Evidence from Zambia
by Mason, Nicole M. & Jayne, T.S. & Chapoto, Antony & Myers, Robert J.
- 369-378 Health Insurance and Other Risk-Coping Strategies in Uganda: The Case of Microcare Insurance Ltd
by Dekker, Marleen & Wilms, Annegien
- 379-392 Gold Digging Careers in Rural East Africa: Small-Scale Miners' Livelihood Choices
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy & Jønsson, Jesper Bosse
- 393-404 Life is Unfair in Latin America, But Does it Matter for Growth?
by Blanco, Luisa
- 405-414 Complementary Labor Regulation: The Uncoordinated Combination of State and Private Regulators in the Dominican Republic
by Amengual, Matthew
- 415-428 Do Interventions at School Level Improve Educational Outcomes? Evidence from a Rural Program in Colombia
by Rodríguez, Catherine & Sánchez, Fabio & Armenta, Armando
- 429-444 Doing it for Themselves: Direct Action Land Reform in the Brazilian Amazon
by Simmons, Cynthia & Walker, Robert & Perz, Stephen & Aldrich, Stephen & Caldas, Marcellus & Pereira, Ritaumaria & Leite, Flavia & Fernandes, Luiz Claudio & Arima, Eugenio
2010, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 137-141 Formal and Informal Institutions and Development
by Casson, Mark C. & Della Giusta, Marina & Kambhampati, Uma S.
- 142-154 Inequality, Democracy, and Institutions: A Critical Review of Recent Research
by Savoia, Antonio & Easaw, Joshy & McKay, Andrew
- 155-169 Do Informal Institutions Matter for Technological Change in Russia? The Impact of Communist Norms and Conventions, 1998-2004
by Granville, Brigitte & Leonard, Carol S.
- 170-183 Work and Wellbeing in Informal Economies: The Regulative Roles of Institutions of Identity and the State
by Harriss-White, Barbara
- 184-194 Social Capital and its "Downside": The Impact on Sustainability of Induced Community-Based Organizations in Nepal
by Adhikari, Krishna Prasad & Goldey, Patricia
- 195-204 Political Market Characteristics and the Provision of Educational Infrastructure in North India
by Crost, Benjamin & Kambhampati, Uma S.
- 205-217 Religious Schools, Social Values, and Economic Attitudes: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Asadullah, Mohammad Niaz & Chaudhury, Nazmul
2010, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-18 Does the IMF Help or Hurt? The Effect of IMF Programs on the Likelihood and Outcome of Currency Crises
by Dreher, Axel & Walter, Stefanie
- 19-27 Optimal Deficit and Debt in the Presence of Foreign Aid
by Mayr, Karin
- 28-36 Microfinance Mission Drift?
by Mersland, Roy & Strøm, R. Øystein
- 37-47 Homogenization and Specialization Effects of International Trade: Are Cultural Goods Exceptional?
by Chu-Shore, Jesse
- 48-63 A Cross-Country Comparison of Rural Income Generating Activities
by Davis, Benjamin & Winters, Paul & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Stamoulis, Kostas & Azzarri, Carlo & DiGiuseppe, Stefania
- 64-75 How Cost-Effective is Biofortification in Combating Micronutrient Malnutrition? An Ex ante Assessment
by Meenakshi, J.V. & Johnson, Nancy L. & Manyong, Victor M. & DeGroote, Hugo & Javelosa, Josyline & Yanggen, David R. & Naher, Firdousi & Gonzalez, Carolina & García, James & Meng, Erika
- 76-87 Exploring the Logic Behind Southern Africa's Food Crises
by Tschirley, David L. & Jayne, T.S.
- 88-97 Reconsidering Conventional Explanations of the Inverse Productivity-Size Relationship
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Hou, Janet Y.
- 98-112 Does Women's Proportional Strength Affect their Participation? Governing Local Forests in South Asia
by Agarwal, Bina
- 113-124 Great Expectations? The Subjective Well-being of Rural-Urban Migrants in China
by Knight, John & Gunatilaka, Ramani
- 125-135 Voice, Votes, and Resources: Evaluating the Effect of Participatory Democracy on Well-being
by Boulding, Carew & Wampler, Brian
2009, Volume 37, Issue 12
- 1821-1838 Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?
by Bugamelli, Matteo & Paternò, Francesco
- 1839-1848 Exchange Rate Regimes in Developing and Emerging Economies and the Incidence of IMF Programs
by Bird, Graham & Rowlands, Dane
- 1849-1860 Linkages Between Financial Deepening, Trade Openness, and Economic Development: Causality Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Gries, Thomas & Kraft, Manfred & Meierrieks, Daniel
- 1861-1876 Does Foreign Direct Investment Lead to Productivity Spillovers? Firm Level Evidence from Indonesia
by Suyanto & Salim, Ruhul A. & Bloch, Harry
- 1877-1886 Is the CFA Franc Zone an Optimum Currency Area?
by Zhao, Xiaodan & Kim, Yoonbai
- 1887-1896 The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda
by Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi
- 1897-1913 Are Migrant Associations Actors in Local Development? A National Event-History Analysis in Rural Burkina Faso
by Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1914-1925 Is Self-employment and Micro-entrepreneurship a Desired Outcome?
by Mandelman, Federico S. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V.
- 1926-1934 Fiscal Decentralization, Chinese Style: Good for Health Outcomes?
by Uchimura, Hiroko & Jütting, Johannes P.
- 1935-1950 Power Struggle, Dispute and Alliance Over Local Resources: Analyzing 'Democratic' Decentralization of Natural Resources through the Lenses of Africa Inland Fisheries
by Béné, Christophe & Belal, Emma & Baba, Malloum Ousman & Ovie, Solomon & Raji, Aminu & Malasha, Isaac & Njaya, Friday & Na Andi, Mamane & Russell, Aaron & Neiland, Arthur
- 1951-1963 Water Communities in the Republic of Macedonia: An Empirical Analysis of Membership Satisfaction and Payment Behavior
by Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Peshevski, Mile & Bosev, Dane & Shekerinov, Darko & Quarrie, Steve
- 1964-1964 Corrigendum to "Which Way is ''Up" in Upgrading? Trajectories of Change in the Value Chain for South African Wine" [World Development 37 (2009) 1637-1650]
by Ponte, Stefano & Ewert, Joachim
2009, Volume 37, Issue 11
- 1717-1727 Agrifood Industry Transformation and Small Farmers in Developing Countries
by Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B. & Berdegué, Julio A. & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 1728-1741 Global Retail Chains and Poor Farmers: Evidence from Madagascar
by Minten, Bart & Randrianarison, Lalaina & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 1742-1758 Farmers, Vertical Coordination, and the Restructuring of Dairy Supply Chains in Central and Eastern Europe
by Dries, Liesbeth & Germenji, Etleva & Noev, Nivelin & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 1759-1772 From Plantations to Smallholder Production: The Role of Policy in the Reorganization of the Sri Lankan Tea Sector
by Herath, Deepananda & Weersink, Alfons
- 1773-1780 Producers, Processors, and Procurement Decisions: The Case of Vegetable Supply Chains in China
by Stringer, Randy & Sang, Naiquan & Croppenstedt, André
- 1781-1790 Impact of Contract Farming on Income: Linking Small Farmers, Packers, and Supermarkets in China
by Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan
- 1791-1801 Producing and Procuring Horticultural Crops with Chinese Characteristics: The Case of Northern China
by Wang, Honglin & Dong, Xiaoxia & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Reardon, Thomas
- 1802-1811 Kenyan Supermarkets, Emerging Middle-Class Horticultural Farmers, and Employment Impacts on the Rural Poor
by Neven, David & Odera, Michael Makokha & Reardon, Thomas & Wang, Honglin
- 1812-1819 Do Supermarkets Change the Food Policy Agenda?
by Timmer, C. Peter
2009, Volume 37, Issue 10
- 1589-1599 Aid and Migration: Substitutes or Complements?
by Berthélemy, Jean-Claude & Beuran, Monica & Maurel, Mathilde
- 1600-1611 The Underground Economy in the Late 1990s: Evading Taxes, or Evading Competition?
by Karlinger, Liliane
- 1612-1622 The Importance of the Exchange Rate Regime in Limiting Misalignment
by Dubas, Justin M.
- 1623-1636 Macroeconomic Volatility, Trade and Financial Liberalization in Africa
by Ahmed, Abdullahi D. & Suardi, Sandy
- 1637-1650 Which Way is "Up" in Upgrading? Trajectories of Change in the Value Chain for South African Wine
by Ponte, Stefano & Ewert, Joachim
- 1651-1662 The Transformation of Collectively Owned Enterprises and its Outcomes in China, 2001-05
by Xia, Jun & Li, Shaomin & Long, Cheryl
- 1663-1673 Outsourcing the State? Public-Private Partnerships and Information Technologies in India
by Kuriyan, Renee & Ray, Isha
- 1674-1682 Does Self Help Group Participation Lead to Asset Creation?
by Swain, Ranjula Bali & Varghese, Adel
- 1683-1693 Child Labor in Carpet Weaving: Impact of Social Labeling in India and Nepal
by Chakrabarty, Sayan & Grote, Ulrike
- 1694-1705 Arresting the Killer in the Kitchen: The Promises and Pitfalls of Commercializing Improved Cookstoves
by Bailis, Rob & Cowan, Amanda & Berrueta, Victor & Masera, Omar
- 1706-1715 Changes in the Distribution of Household Income in Brazil: The Role of Male and Female Earnings
by Sotomayor, Orlando J.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 9
- 1435-1452 Assets, Activities and Rural Income Generation: Evidence from a Multicountry Analysis
by Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Azzarri, Carlo & Stamoulis, Kostas
- 1453-1464 Small Firm Growth in Developing Countries
by Nichter, Simeon & Goldmark, Lara
- 1465-1477 The Regionalization of Knowledge Flows in East Asia: Evidence from Patent Citations Data
by Hu, Albert Guangzhou
- 1478-1483 Product Cycles, Innovation, and Exports: A Study of Indian Pharmaceuticals
by Chadha, Alka
- 1484-1493 Human Resource Management Technology Diffusion through Global Supply Chains: Buyer-directed Factory-based Health Care in India
by Brown, Drusilla K. & Downes, Thomas & Eggleston, Karen & Kumari, Ratna
- 1494-1505 Determinants of a Digital Divide in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Cell Phone Coverage
by Buys, Piet & Dasgupta, Susmita & Thomas, Timothy S. & Wheeler, David
- 1506-1521 Bank Privatization in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Uganda Commercial Bank
by Clarke, George R.G. & Cull, Robert & Fuchs, Michael
- 1522-1539 Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures
by Fedderke, J.W. & Bogetic, Z.
- 1540-1553 The Food (In)Security Impact of Land Redistribution in South Africa: Microeconometric Evidence from National Data
by Valente, Christine
- 1554-1568 Does Community Participation Produce Dividends in Social Investment Fund Projects?
by Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Lopez, Yeri
- 1569-1587 Children's Work and Mothers' Work--What is the Connection?
by DeGraff, Deborah S. & Levison, Deborah
- 1588-1588 Corrigendum to "Opening Up Pandora's Box: The Effect of Gender Targeting and Conditionality on Household Spending Behavior in Mexico's Progresa Program" [World Development 37 (2009) 1129-1142]
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Davis, Benjamin & Stampini, Marco
2009, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 1307-1316 The Limits of State-Led Land Reform: An Introduction
by Sikor, Thomas & Müller, Daniel
- 1317-1325 Challenges in Land Tenure and Land Reform in Africa: Anthropological Contributions
by Peters, Pauline E.
- 1326-1336 Land Tenure and Agricultural Productivity in Africa: A Comparative Analysis of the Economics Literature and Recent Policy Strategies and Reforms
by Place, Frank
- 1337-1347 Agrarian Reform in the Brazilian Amazon: Its Implications for Land Distribution and Deforestation
by Pacheco, Pablo
- 1348-1359 Agrarian Structure and Land-cover Change Along the Lifespan of Three Colonization Areas in the Brazilian Amazon
by Ludewigs, Thomas & D'antona, Alvaro de Oliveira & Brondízio, Eduardo Sonnewend & Hetrick, Scott
- 1360-1369 Structures and Stratagems: Making Decentralization of Authority over Land in Africa Cost-Effective
by Bruce, John W. & Knox, Anna
- 1370-1378 Building for the Future? Investment, Land Reform and the Contingencies of Ownership in Contemporary Ghana
by Berry, Sara
- 1379-1389 Smallholder Land Access in Post-War Northern Mozambique
by Brück, Tilman & Schindler, Kati
- 1390-1399 State-Led Land Reform and Local Institutional Change: Land Titles, Land Markets and Tenure Security in Mexican Communities
by Bouquet, Emmanuelle
- 1400-1410 "Custom" and Contestation: Land Reform in Post-Socialist Mongolia
by Upton, Caroline
- 1411-1423 Land Fragmentation and Cropland Abandonment in Albania: Implications for the Roles of State and Community in Post-Socialist Land Consolidation
by Sikor, Thomas & Müller, Daniel & Stahl, Johannes
- 1424-1433 Land Tenure, Land Use, and Land Reform at Dwesa-Cwebe, South Africa: Local Transformations and the Limits of the State
by Fay, Derick
2009, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 1159-1169 Telecommunications Reform, Internet Use and Mobile Phone Adoption in the Developing World
by Howard, Philip N. & Mazaheri, Nimah
- 1170-1181 Reasonable Expectations and the First Millennium Development Goal: How Much Can Aid Achieve?
by Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Erickson, Lennart
- 1182-1196 "Teach a Man to Fish": The Sustainability Doctrine and Its Social Consequences
by Swidler, Ann & Watkins, Susan Cotts
- 1197-1207 An Asian-Driven Economic Recovery in Africa? The Zambian Case
by Carmody, Pádraig
- 1208-1221 Community-Based Electric Micro-Grids Can Contribute to Rural Development: Evidence from Kenya
by Kirubi, Charles & Jacobson, Arne & Kammen, Daniel M. & Mills, Andrew
- 1222-1234 Estimating Households Vulnerability to Idiosyncratic and Covariate Shocks: A Novel Method Applied in Madagascar
by Günther, Isabel & Harttgen, Kenneth
- 1235-1249 "You Reap What You Plant": Social Networks in the Arab World--The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
by El-Said, Hamed & Harrigan, Jane
- 1250-1260 Examining the Impact of Taiwan's Cash Allowance Program on Private Households
by Lai, Mun Sim & Orsuwan, Meechai
- 1261-1273 Private Investment and Financial Sector Policies in India and Malaysia
by Ang, James B.
- 1274-1284 External Shocks, Structural Change, and Economic Growth in Mexico, 1979-2007
by Blecker, Robert A.
- 1285-1296 Employment Responses of Skilled and Unskilled Workers at Mexican Maquiladoras: The Effects of External Factors
by Mollick, André Varella
- 1297-1306 Rural Income Generating Activities: Whatever Happened to the Institutional Vacuum? Evidence from Ghana, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Vietnam
by Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Gero & Davis, Benjamin & Stamoulis, Kostas & Winters, Paul
2009, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 1027-1038 The Effect of Trade Openness on Women's Welfare and Work Life
by Bussmann, Margit
- 1039-1050 Trade Facilitation and Manufactured Exports: Is Africa Different?
by Iwanow, Tomasz & Kirkpatrick, Colin
- 1051-1068 Multiple Breaks, Terms of Trade Shocks and the Unit-Root Hypothesis for African Per Capita Real GDP
by Romero-Ávila, Diego
- 1069-1082 China versus Mexico in the Global EPZ Industry: Maquiladoras, FDI Quality, and Plant Mortality
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 1083-1093 Mainstreaming Fair Trade Coffee: From Partnership to Traceability
by Raynolds, Laura T.
- 1094-1104 The Economics of Smallholder Organic Contract Farming in Tropical Africa
by Bolwig, Simon & Gibbon, Peter & Jones, Sam
- 1105-1115 Informal Insurance Arrangements in Ghanaian Migrants' Transnational Networks: The Role of Reverse Remittances and Geographic Proximity
by Mazzucato, Valentina
- 1116-1128 The Impact of Prime Age Adult Mortality on Child Survival and Growth in Rural Ethiopia
by Kadiyala, Suneetha & Quisumbing, Agnes & Rogers, Beatrice & Webb, Patrick
- 1129-1142 Opening Up Pandora's Box: The Effect of Gender Targeting and Conditionality on Household Spending Behavior in Mexico's Progresa Program
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Davis, Benjamin & Stampini, Marco
- 1143-1154 Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador
by Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert
2009, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 889-901 Innovation, Inequality and Intellectual Property Rights
by Weinhold, Diana & Nair-Reichert, Usha
- 902-918 Keeping a Low Profile: What Determines the Allocation of Aid by Non-Governmental Organizations?
by Koch, Dirk-Jan & Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer
- 919-940 Telecommunications Services in Africa: The Impact of WTO Commitments and Unilateral Reform on Sector Performance and Economic Growth
by Djiofack-Zebaze, Calvin & Keck, Alexander