May 2011, Volume 39, Issue 5
April 2011, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 475-489 Resource Rents, Redistribution, and Halving Global Poverty: The Resource Dividend
by Segal, Paul
- 490-505 Shining a Light on the Resource Curse: An Empirical Analysis of the Relationship Between Natural Resources, Transparency, and Economic Growth
by Williams, Andrew
- 506-522 Paths to Success: The Relationship Between Human Development and Economic Growth
by Suri, Tavneet & Boozer, Michael A. & Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances
- 523-532 A Panel Data Analysis of the Brain Gain
by Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frédéric & Oden-Defoort, Cecily
- 533-549 The Irrelevance of National Strategies? Rural Poverty Dynamics in States and Regions of India, 1993-2005
by Krishna, Anirudh & Shariff, Abusaleh
- 550-560 Female Headship and Schooling Outcomes in Rural India
by Chudgar, Amita
- 561-568 Input Choices in Agriculture: Is There A Gender Bias?
by Chen, Susan E. & Bhagowalia, Priya & Shively, Gerald
- 569-578 Do Spouses Realise Cooperative Gains? Experimental Evidence from Rural Uganda
by Iversen, Vegard & Jackson, Cecile & Kebede, Bereket & Munro, Alistair & Verschoor, Arjan
- 579-587 The Private Health Care Sector and the Provision of Prenatal Care Services in Latin America
by Arrieta, Alejandro & García-Prado, Ariadna & Guillén, Jorge
- 588-599 Child Labor and Schooling in Bolivia: Who's Falling Behind? The Roles of Domestic Work, Gender, and Ethnicity
by Zapata, Daniela & Contreras, Dante & Kruger, Diana
- 600-610 Liquidity Profiles of Poor Mexican Households
by Paxton, Julia & Young, Lauren
- 611-619 Multi-Scale Forest Governance, Deforestation, and Violence in Two Regions of Guerrero, Mexico
by Durán, E. & Bray, D.B. & Velázquez, A. & Larrazábal, A.
- 620-632 FDI, Local Sourcing, and Supportive Linkages with Domestic Suppliers: The Case of Monterrey, Mexico
by Jordaan, Jacob A.
- 633-647 MNEs and Local Linkages: Evidence from Taiwanese Affiliates
by Liu, Bih Jane
- 648-661 Property Rights Institutions and Firm Performance: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Yasar, Mahmut & Paul, Catherine J. Morrison & Ward, Michael R.
- 662-671 Participation, Adaptive Co-management, and Management Performance in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves
by Schultz, Lisen & Duit, Andreas & Folke, Carl
March 2011, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 295-307 Shadow Sovereign Ratings for Unrated Developing Countries
by Ratha, Dilip & De, Prabal K. & Mohapatra, Sanket
- 308-323 Aid Allocation through Various Official and Private Channels: Need, Merit, and Self-Interest as Motives of German Donors
by Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes
- 324-335 Did the World Bank Drive Tariff Reforms in Eastern Africa?
by Jones, Chris & Morrissey, Oliver & Nelson, Doug
- 336-350 Does the Asian Development Bank Respond to Past Environmental Performance when Allocating Environmentally Risky Financing?
by Buntaine, Mark T.
- 351-362 Impacts of Aid-Funded Technical Assistance Programs: Firm-Level Evidence from the Indonesian Foundry Industry
by Todo, Yasuyuki
- 363-374 Value Added of Cluster Membership for Micro Enterprises of the Handloom Sector in Ethiopia
by Ali, Merima & Peerlings, Jack
- 375-386 Do Fresh Produce Exporters in Sub-Saharan Africa Benefit from GlobalGAP Certification?
by Henson, Spencer & Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John
- 387-398 Field versus Farm in Warangal: Bt Cotton, Higher Yields, and Larger Questions
by Stone, Glenn Davis
- 399-411 Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Hamid, Syed Abdul & Roberts, Jennifer & Mosley, Paul
- 412-428 Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Policies: An Empirical Study for Malawi
by Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin
- 429-438 Do the Commons Help Augment Mutual Insurance Among the Poor?
by Takasaki, Yoshito
- 439-449 Repertoires of Domination: Decentralization as Process in Botswana and Senegal
by Poteete, Amy R. & Ribot, Jesse C.
- 450-473 Working Life, Well-Being and Welfare Reform: Motivation and Institutions Revisited
by Haagh, Louise
February 2011, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 147-158 Ethnic Diversity and Ethnic Strife. An Interdisciplinary Perspective
by Kanbur, Ravi & Rajaram, Prem Kumar & Varshney, Ashutosh
- 159-173 Inequalities between Groups: Theory and Empirics
by Jayadev, Arjun & Reddy, Sanjay G.
- 174-187 Revisiting Between-Group Inequality Measurement: An Application to the Dynamics of Caste Inequality in Two Indian Villages
by Lanjouw, Peter & Rao, Vijayendra
- 188-198 Riding the Ever-Rolling Stream: Time and the Ontology of Violent Conflict
by Brown, Graham K. & Langer, Arnim
- 199-211 Sons of the Soil, Migrants, and Civil War
by Fearon, James D. & Laitin, David D.
- 212-220 A Systematic Approach to Cultural Explanations of War: Tracing Causal Processes in Two West African Insurgencies
by Richards, Paul
- 221-230 The Spatial Distribution of Riots: Patronage and the Instigation of Communal Violence in Gujarat, India
by Berenschot, Ward
- 231-242 Explaining Anti-Chinese Riots in Late 20th Century Indonesia
by Panggabean, Samsu Rizal & Smith, Benjamin
- 243-260 Political Instrumentalization of Islam and the Risk of Obscurantist Deadlock
by Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 261-269 Religious Media, Devotional Islam, and the Morality of Ethnic Pluralism in Mauritius
by Eisenlohr, Patrick
- 270-281 Estranged Natives and Indigenized Immigrants: A Relational Anthropology of Ethnically Mixed Towns in Israel
by Monterescu, Daniel
- 282-293 We-ness and Welfare: A Longitudinal Analysis of Social Development in Kerala, India
by Singh, Prerna
January 2011, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-19 Financial Openness and Productivity
by Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian
- 20-32 Are Third World Emigration Forces Abating?
by Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G.
- 33-44 Entrepreneurship is Not a Binding Constraint on Growth and Development in the Poorest Countries
by Naudé, Wim
- 45-54 Revisiting Religion: Development Studies Thirty Years On
by Deneulin, Séverine & Rakodi, Carole
- 55-63 The Politics of Public Health Aid: Why Corrupt Governments Have Incentives to Implement Aid Effectively
by Dietrich, Simone
- 64-76 "AIDS is Money": How Donor Preferences Reconfigure Local Realities
by Morfit, N. Simon
- 77-86 An Inquiry into Constraints on a Green Revolution in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of NERICA Rice in Uganda
by Kijima, Yoko & Otsuka, Keijiro & Sserunkuuma, Dick
- 87-109 Can Commercially-oriented Microfinance Help Meet the Millennium Development Goals? Evidence from Pakistan
by Montgomery, Heather & Weiss, John
- 110-122 Do Village Funds Improve Access to Finance? Evidence from Thailand
by Menkhoff, Lukas & Rungruxsirivorn, Ornsiri
- 123-133 Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China
by Mullan, Katrina & Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas
- 134-145 Fair Trade/Organic Coffee, Rural Livelihoods, and the "Agrarian Question": Southern Mexican Coffee Families in Transition
by Barham, Bradford L. & Callenes, Mercedez & Gitter, Seth & Lewis, Jessa & Weber, Jeremy
December 2010, Volume 38, Issue 12
- 1667-1677 Political Institutions and Financial Development: An Empirical Study
by Huang, Yongfu
- 1678-1691 Human Development and Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries: The Influence of FDI Policy and Corruption
by Reiter, S.L. & Steensma, H. Kevin
- 1692-1709 Disability Cash Transfers in the Context of Poverty and Unemployment: The Case of South Africa
by Mitra, Sophie
- 1710-1726 Inside Informality: The Links Between Poverty, Microenterprises, and Living Conditions in Nairobi's Slums
by Gulyani, Sumila & Talukdar, Debabrata
- 1727-1746 Orphanhood and the Living Arrangements of Children in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Beegle, Kathleen & Filmer, Deon & Stokes, Andrew & Tiererova, Lucia
- 1747-1759 Accounting for Remittance and Migration Effects on Children's Schooling
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan
- 1760-1774 Microfinance and Household Poverty Reduction: New Evidence from India
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Arun, Thankom & Annim, Samuel Kobina
- 1775-1787 Food Prices and Modern Retail: The Case of Delhi
by Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Sutradhar, Rajib
- 1788-1796 Identity, Interest and Information Search in a Dynamic Rural Economy
by Santos, Paulo & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 1797-1810 Knowledge Management in Practice: Pitfalls and Potentials for Development
by Ferguson, Julie & Huysman, Marleen & Soekijad, Maura
November 2010, Volume 38, Issue 11
- 1527-1542 Determinants of Government Efficiency
by Hauner, David & Kyobe, Annette
- 1543-1554 Does Foreign Direct Investment Drive Technological Upgrading?
by Kemeny, Thomas
- 1555-1574 The Fight for the Middle: Upgrading, Competition, and Industrial Development in China
by Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric
- 1575-1587 Supplier Upgrading in the Home-furnishing Value Chain: An Empirical Study of IKEA's Sourcing in China and South East Asia
by Ivarsson, Inge & Alvstam, Claes Göran
- 1588-1602 Catching up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study of Chile, Italy, and South Africa
by Cusmano, Lucia & Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta
- 1603-1615 Formal and Informal Institutions in a Transition Economy: The Case of Vietnam
by Steer, Liesbet & Sen, Kunal
- 1616-1625 The Returns to Education in Thailand: A Pseudo-Panel Approach
by Warunsiri, Sasiwimon & McNown, Robert
- 1626-1641 Remittances, Household Expenditure and Investment in Guatemala
by Adams Jr., Richard H. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo
- 1642-1656 Forests to the People: Decentralization and Forest Degradation in the Indian Himalayas
by Baland, Jean-Marie & Bardhan, Pranab & Das, Sanghamitra & Mookherjee, Dilip
- 1657-1666 How Do Ethnic Militias Perpetuate in Nigeria? A Micro-level Perspective on the Oodua People's Congress
by Guichaoua, Yvan
October 2010, Volume 38, Issue 10
- 1341-1348 The Future of Small Farms
by Wiggins, Steve & Kirsten, Johann & Llambí, Luis
- 1349-1361 The Future of Small Farms: Trajectories and Policy Priorities
by Hazell, Peter & Poulton, Colin & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew
- 1362-1374 Reflections on the Role of Agriculture in Pro-Poor Growth
by Valdés, Alberto & Foster, William
- 1375-1383 The Role of Agriculture in African Development
by Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, Peter & Thurlow, James
- 1384-1398 Principal Challenges Confronting Smallholder Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Jayne, T.S. & Mather, David & Mghenyi, Elliot
- 1399-1412 From Policy Aims and Small-farm Characteristics to Farm Science Needs
by Lipton, Michael
- 1413-1428 The Future of Small Farms: New Directions for Services, Institutions, and Intermediation
by Poulton, Colin & Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan
- 1429-1441 The Rural Non-farm Economy: Prospects for Growth and Poverty Reduction
by Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter & Reardon, Thomas
- 1442-1452 The Political Economy of Policies for Smallholder Agriculture
by Birner, Regina & Resnick, Danielle
- 1453-1461 Impact Assessment of Policy-Oriented International Agricultural Research: Evidence and Insights from Case Studies
by Walker, Tom & Ryan, Jim & Kelley, Tim
- 1462-1472 Returns to Policy-Oriented Agricultural Research: The Case of Barley Fertilization in Syria
by Ahmed, Mohamed A.M. & Shideed, Kamel & Mazid, Ahmed
- 1473-1485 The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and the Mexican PROGRESA Anti-Poverty and Human Resource Investment Conditional Cash
by Behrman, Jere R.
- 1486-1493 The Perceived Impact of the In-Trust Agreements on CGIAR Germplasm Availability: An Assessment of Bioversity International's Institutional Activities
by Gotor, Elisabetta & Caracciolo, Francesco & Watts, Jamie
- 1494-1505 Kenyan Dairy Policy Change: Influence Pathways and Economic Impacts
by Kaitibie, Simeon & Omore, Amos & Rich, Karl & Kristjanson, Patti
- 1506-1518 Assessing the Impact of Policy-Oriented Research: The Case of CIFOR's Influence on the Indonesian Pulp and Paper Sector
by Raitzer, David A.
- 1519-1526 Economic Assessment of a Change in Pesticide Regulatory Policy in the Philippines
by Templeton, Deborah Jane & Jamora, Nelissa
September 2010, Volume 38, Issue 9
- 1191-1203 Good for Living? On the Relationship between Globalization and Life Expectancy
by Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese
- 1204-1216 Debt Relief, Investment and Growth
by Johansson, Pernilla
- 1217-1228 Geographical Diversification of Developing Country Exports
by shepherd, Ben
- 1229-1240 Regulating Water Services for All in Developing Economies
by Gerlach, Esther & Franceys, Richard
- 1241-1250 Do Forests Help Rural Households Adapt to Climate Variability? Evidence from Southern Malawi
by Fisher, Monica & Chaudhury, Moushumi & McCusker, Brent
- 1251-1262 "Ancient and Backward or Long-Lived and Sustainable?" The Role of the Past in Debates Concerning Rural Livelihoods and Resource Conservation in Eastern Africa
by Stump, Daryl
- 1263-1277 Promoting Transparency in the NGO Sector: Examining the Availability and Reliability of Self-Reported Data
by Burger, Ronelle & Owens, Trudy
- 1278-1296 A Rural-Urban Comparison of Manufacturing Enterprise Performance in Ethiopia
by Rijkers, Bob & Söderbom, Måns & Loening, Josef L.
- 1297-1314 Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa
by Bocquier, Philippe & Nordman, Christophe J. & Vescovo, Aude
- 1315-1327 Consumption Fluctuations and Welfare: Evidence from China
by Ho, Chun-Yu & Ho, Wai-Yip Alex & Li, Dan
- 1328-1339 The Global Food Crisis and Guatemala: What Crisis and for Whom?
by de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
August 2010, Volume 38, Issue 8
- 1057-1069 Are International Databases on Corruption Reliable? A Comparison of Expert Opinion Surveys and Household Surveys in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François
- 1070-1081 Financial Reforms, Patent Protection, and Knowledge Accumulation in India
by Ang, James B.
- 1082-1093 Patent Incentives, Technology Markets, and Public-Private Bio-Medical Innovation Networks in Brazil
by Ryan, Michael P.
- 1094-1104 Does Stronger Intellectual Property Rights Protection Induce More Bilateral Trade? Evidence from China's Imports
by Awokuse, Titus O. & Yin, Hong
- 1105-1113 Effects of Hub-and-Spoke Free Trade Agreements on Trade: A Panel Data Analysis
by Hur, Jung & Alba, Joseph D. & Park, Donghyun
- 1114-1126 Foreign Presence, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Ghana
by Waldkirch, Andreas & Ofosu, Andra
- 1127-1140 Exchange Rate Volatility and Employment Growth in Developing Countries: Evidence from Turkey
by Demir, Firat
- 1141-1155 Return Migration and Occupational Choice: Evidence from Albania
by Piracha, Matloob & Vadean, Florin
- 1156-1167 Values, Cultural Practices, and Economic Performance: Theory and Some Evidence from Kenya
by Aharonovitz, Gilad David & Nyaga, Elizabeth Kabura
- 1168-1178 Pastoralists' Conceptions of Poverty: An Analysis of Traditional and Conventional Indicators from Borana, Ethiopia
by Tache, Boku & Sjaastad, Espen
- 1179-1190 Trust, Market Participation and Economic Outcomes: Evidence from Rural China
by Tu, Qin & Bulte, Erwin
July 2010, Volume 38, Issue 7
- 923-932 Community-Based Risk Management Arrangements: A Review
by Bhattamishra, Ruchira & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 933-954 "Trade Matters in the Fight Against Poverty": Narratives, Perceptions, and (Lack of) Evidence in the Case of Fish Trade in Africa
by Béné, Christophe & Lawton, Rebecca & Allison, Edward H.
- 955-965 Assets, Activity Choices, and Civil War: Evidence from Burundi
by Bundervoet, Tom
- 966-973 Who Should be Interviewed in Surveys of Household Income?
by Fisher, Monica & Reimer, Jeffrey J. & Carr, Edward R.
- 974-988 Women's Empowerment and the Creation of Social Capital in Indian Villages
by Janssens, Wendy
- 989-1000 How Does Public Assistance Affect Family Expenditures? The Case of Urban China
by Gao, Qin & Zhai, Fuhua & Garfinkel, Irwin
- 1001-1011 Nutrient Intake of the Poor and its Implications for the Nutritional Effect of Cereal Price Subsidies: Evidence from China
by Shimokawa, Satoru
- 1012-1023 Adult BMI as a Health and Nutritional Inequality Measure: Applications at Macro and Micro Levels
by Molini, Vasco & Nubé, Maarten & van den Boom, Bart
- 1024-1035 The Impact of Improved Maize Varieties on Poverty in Mexico: A Propensity Score-Matching Approach
by Becerril, Javier & Abdulai, Awudu
- 1036-1046 Poverty and Inequality Among Ethnic Groups in Chile
by Agostini, Claudio A. & Brown, Philip H. & Roman, Andrei C.
- 1047-1055 Remittances and Their Unintended Consequences in Cuba
by Eckstein, Susan
June 2010, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 797-802 Globalization, Poverty, and Inequality in Latin America: Findings from Case Studies
by Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik
- 803-813 Trade Liberalization and the Self-Employed in Mexico
by Popli, Gurleen K.
- 814-827 Globalization and Smallholders: The Adoption, Diffusion, and Welfare Impact of Non-Traditional Export Crops in Guatemala
by Carletto, Calogero & Kirk, Angeli & Winters, Paul C. & Davis, Benjamin
- 828-839 Remittances and Vulnerability to Poverty in Rural Mexico
by de la Fuente, Alejandro
- 840-856 Globalization and Formal Sector Migration in Brazil
by Aguayo-Téllez, Ernesto & Muendler, Marc-Andreas & Poole, Jennifer P.
- 857-869 Seasonal Migration and Early Childhood Development
by Macours, Karen & Vakis, Renos
- 870-880 Earnings Mobility in Times of Growth and Decline: Argentina from 1996 to 2003
by Fields, Gary S. & Sánchez Puerta, María Laura
- 881-894 Linkages Between Pro-Poor Growth, Social Programs and Labor Market: The Recent Brazilian Experience
by Kakwani, Nanak & Neri, Marcelo Côrtes & Son, Hyun H.
- 895-907 Globalization and the Role of Public Transfers in Redistributing Income in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Lindert, Kathy & Shapiro, Joseph
- 908-918 Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras
by Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine
May 2010, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 665-678 Growing out of Poverty: Trends and Patterns of Urban Poverty in China 1988-2002
by Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie
- 679-692 The Effect of ILO Minimum Age Conventions on Child Labor and School Attendance: Evidence From Aggregate and Individual-Level Data
by Boockmann, Bernhard
- 693-705 Corruption, Manufacturing Plant Growth, and the Asian Paradox: Indonesian Evidence
by Vial, Virginie & Hanoteau, Julien
- 706-716 Certification, Partnership, and Morality in an Organic Shrimp Network: Rethinking Transnational Alternative Agrifood Networks
by Hatanaka, Maki
- 717-726 The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia
by Gibson, John & Olivia, Susan
- 727-741 How Important are Locational Characteristics for Rural Non-agricultural Employment? Lessons from Brazil
by Jonasson, Erik & Helfand, Steven M.
- 742-755 Jump-starting Self-employment? Evidence for Welfare Participants in Argentina
by Almeida, Rita K. & Galasso, Emanuela
- 756-770 When is Cheap, Cheap Enough to Bridge the Digital Divide? Modeling Income Related Structural Challenges of Technology Diffusion in Latin America
by Hilbert, Martin
- 771-782 Has Mercantilism Reduced Urban Poverty in SSA? Perception of Boom, Bust, and the China-Africa Trade in Lomé and Bamako
by Lyons, Michal & Brown, Alison
- 783-796 Disentangling Bargaining Power from Individual and Household Level to Institutions: Evidence on Women's Position in Ethiopia
by Mabsout, Ramzi & van Staveren, Irene
April 2010, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 445-454 The Developing World's Bulging (but Vulnerable) Middle Class
by Ravallion, Martin
- 455-466 Social Security Regimes, Global Estimates, and Good Practices: The Status of Social Protection for International Migrants
by Avato, Johanna & Koettl, Johannes & Sabates-Wheeler, Rachel
- 467-481 Global Infant Mortality: Correcting for Undercounting
by Anthopolos, Rebecca & Becker, Charles M.
- 482-497 Is Foreign Aid a Vanguard of Foreign Direct Investment? A Gravity-Equation Approach
by Kimura, Hidemi & Todo, Yasuyuki
- 498-513 Investment Climate and FDI in Developing Countries: Firm-Level Evidence
by Kinda, Tidiane
- 514-522 Productivity and Employment in a Developing Country: Some Evidence from Korea
by Kim, Sangho & Lim, Hyunjoon & Park, Donghyun
- 523-540 Who Benefits from Promoting Small Enterprises? Some Empirical Evidence from Ethiopia
by Rijkers, Bob & Ruggeri Laderchi, Caterina & Teal, Francis
- 541-554 Poverty Status and the Impact of Formal Credit on Technology Use and Wellbeing among Ethiopian Smallholders
by Liverpool, Lenis Saweda O. & Winter-Nelson, Alex
- 555-566 Impact of Access to Credit on Labor Allocation Patterns in Malawi
by Swaminathan, Hema & Salcedo Du Bois, Rodrigo & Findeis, Jill L.
- 567-580 Credit Program Participation and Child Schooling in Rural Malawi
by Shimamura, Yasuharu & Lastarria-Cornhiel, Susana
- 581-592 Promising Approaches to Address the Needs of Poor Female Farmers: Resources, Constraints, and Interventions
by Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Pandolfelli, Lauren
- 593-605 Are Female-Headed Households More Food Insecure? Evidence from Bangladesh
by Mallick, Debdulal & Rafi, Mohammad
- 606-619 Tests of Intrahousehold Resource Allocation Using a CV Framework: A Comparison of Husbands' and Wives' Separate and Joint WTP in the Slums of Navi-Mumbai, India
by Prabhu, Vimalanand S.
- 620-630 Do Rights Work? Law, Activism, and the Employment Guarantee Scheme
by Joshi, Anuradha
- 631-646 One Size Fits All? Decentralization, Corruption, and the Monitoring of Bureaucrats
by Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther
- 647-663 Vulnerability of Victims of Civil Conflicts: Empirical Evidence for the Displaced Population in Colombia
by Ibáñez, Ana María & Moya, Andrés
March 2010, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 219-227 Aid and Debt Relief in Africa: Have They Been Substitutes or Complements?
by Powell, Robert & Bird, Graham
- 228-243 Is Corporate Aid Targeted to Poor and Deserving Countries? A Case Study of Nestlé's Aid Allocation
by Metzger, Laura & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Mahmoud, Toman Omar
- 244-259 Is Corruption an Efficient Grease?
by Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Weill, Laurent
- 260-269 A Critical Appraisal of McKinnon's Complementarity Hypothesis: Does the Real Rate of Return on Money Matter for Investment in Developing Countries?
by Moore, Tomoe
- 270-281 Growth and Inequality in India: Analysis of an Extended Social Accounting Matrix
by Pieters, Janneke
- 282-297 Accounting for Inequality in India: Evidence from Household Expenditures
by Cain, J. Salcedo & Hasan, Rana & Magsombol, Rhoda & Tandon, Ajay
- 298-314 Schooling Investments over Three Decades in Rural Tamil Nadu, India: Changing Effects of Income, Gender, and Adult Family Members' Education
by Kajisa, Kei & Palanichamy, N. Venkatesa
- 315-332 Child Nutrition, Health Problems, and School Achievement in Sri Lanka
by Wisniewski, Suzanne L.W.
- 333-344 Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines
by Ashraf, Nava & Karlan, Dean & Yin, Wesley
- 345-355 Relative to What or Whom? The Importance of Norms and Relative Standing to Well-Being in South Africa
by Bookwalter, Jeffrey T. & Dalenberg, Douglas R.
- 356-368 A Test of the New Variant Famine Hypothesis: Panel Survey Evidence from Zambia
by Mason, Nicole M. & Jayne, T.S. & Chapoto, Antony & Myers, Robert J.
- 369-378 Health Insurance and Other Risk-Coping Strategies in Uganda: The Case of Microcare Insurance Ltd
by Dekker, Marleen & Wilms, Annegien
- 379-392 Gold Digging Careers in Rural East Africa: Small-Scale Miners' Livelihood Choices
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy & Jønsson, Jesper Bosse
- 393-404 Life is Unfair in Latin America, But Does it Matter for Growth?
by Blanco, Luisa
- 405-414 Complementary Labor Regulation: The Uncoordinated Combination of State and Private Regulators in the Dominican Republic
by Amengual, Matthew
- 415-428 Do Interventions at School Level Improve Educational Outcomes? Evidence from a Rural Program in Colombia
by Rodríguez, Catherine & Sánchez, Fabio & Armenta, Armando
- 429-444 Doing it for Themselves: Direct Action Land Reform in the Brazilian Amazon
by Simmons, Cynthia & Walker, Robert & Perz, Stephen & Aldrich, Stephen & Caldas, Marcellus & Pereira, Ritaumaria & Leite, Flavia & Fernandes, Luiz Claudio & Arima, Eugenio
February 2010, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 137-141 Formal and Informal Institutions and Development
by Casson, Mark C. & Della Giusta, Marina & Kambhampati, Uma S.
- 142-154 Inequality, Democracy, and Institutions: A Critical Review of Recent Research
by Savoia, Antonio & Easaw, Joshy & McKay, Andrew
- 155-169 Do Informal Institutions Matter for Technological Change in Russia? The Impact of Communist Norms and Conventions, 1998-2004
by Granville, Brigitte & Leonard, Carol S.
- 170-183 Work and Wellbeing in Informal Economies: The Regulative Roles of Institutions of Identity and the State
by Harriss-White, Barbara
- 184-194 Social Capital and its "Downside": The Impact on Sustainability of Induced Community-Based Organizations in Nepal
by Adhikari, Krishna Prasad & Goldey, Patricia
- 195-204 Political Market Characteristics and the Provision of Educational Infrastructure in North India
by Crost, Benjamin & Kambhampati, Uma S.
- 205-217 Religious Schools, Social Values, and Economic Attitudes: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Asadullah, Mohammad Niaz & Chaudhury, Nazmul
January 2010, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-18 Does the IMF Help or Hurt? The Effect of IMF Programs on the Likelihood and Outcome of Currency Crises
by Dreher, Axel & Walter, Stefanie
- 19-27 Optimal Deficit and Debt in the Presence of Foreign Aid
by Mayr, Karin
- 28-36 Microfinance Mission Drift?
by Mersland, Roy & Strøm, R. Øystein
- 37-47 Homogenization and Specialization Effects of International Trade: Are Cultural Goods Exceptional?
by Chu-Shore, Jesse
- 48-63 A Cross-Country Comparison of Rural Income Generating Activities
by Davis, Benjamin & Winters, Paul & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Stamoulis, Kostas & Azzarri, Carlo & DiGiuseppe, Stefania
- 64-75 How Cost-Effective is Biofortification in Combating Micronutrient Malnutrition? An Ex ante Assessment
by Meenakshi, J.V. & Johnson, Nancy L. & Manyong, Victor M. & DeGroote, Hugo & Javelosa, Josyline & Yanggen, David R. & Naher, Firdousi & Gonzalez, Carolina & García, James & Meng, Erika
- 76-87 Exploring the Logic Behind Southern Africa's Food Crises
by Tschirley, David L. & Jayne, T.S.
- 88-97 Reconsidering Conventional Explanations of the Inverse Productivity-Size Relationship
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Hou, Janet Y.
- 98-112 Does Women's Proportional Strength Affect their Participation? Governing Local Forests in South Asia
by Agarwal, Bina
- 113-124 Great Expectations? The Subjective Well-being of Rural-Urban Migrants in China
by Knight, John & Gunatilaka, Ramani
- 125-135 Voice, Votes, and Resources: Evaluating the Effect of Participatory Democracy on Well-being
by Boulding, Carew & Wampler, Brian
December 2009, Volume 37, Issue 12
- 1821-1838 Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?
by Bugamelli, Matteo & Paternò, Francesco
- 1839-1848 Exchange Rate Regimes in Developing and Emerging Economies and the Incidence of IMF Programs
by Bird, Graham & Rowlands, Dane
- 1849-1860 Linkages Between Financial Deepening, Trade Openness, and Economic Development: Causality Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Gries, Thomas & Kraft, Manfred & Meierrieks, Daniel
- 1861-1876 Does Foreign Direct Investment Lead to Productivity Spillovers? Firm Level Evidence from Indonesia
by Suyanto & Salim, Ruhul A. & Bloch, Harry
- 1877-1886 Is the CFA Franc Zone an Optimum Currency Area?
by Zhao, Xiaodan & Kim, Yoonbai
- 1887-1896 The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda
by Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi
- 1897-1913 Are Migrant Associations Actors in Local Development? A National Event-History Analysis in Rural Burkina Faso
by Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1914-1925 Is Self-employment and Micro-entrepreneurship a Desired Outcome?
by Mandelman, Federico S. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V.