2006, Volume 34, Issue 10
- 1788-1807 Trust in Lending: Social Capital and Joint Liability Seed Loans in Southern Zambia
by van Bastelaer, Thierry & Leathers, Howard
- 1808-1830 Poverty Risks and National Parks: Policy Issues in Conservation and Resettlement
by Cernea, Michael M. & Schmidt-Soltau, Kai
- 1831-1849 Pressure on the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve: Development and Land Use/Cover Change in the Northern Ecuadorian Amazon
by Mena, Carlos F. & Barbieri, Alisson F. & Walsh, Stephen J. & Erlien, Christine M. & Holt, Flora L. & Bilsborrow, Richard E.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 9
- 1459-1481 Inequality and development across and within countries
by Frazer, Garth
- 1482-1497 Is Aid Oil? An Analysis Of Whether Africa Can Absorb More Aid
by Collier, Paul
- 1498-1516 Investment climate and international integration
by Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye
- 1517-1536 The Changing Global Geography of Low-Technology, Labor-Intensive Industry: Clothing, Footwear, and Furniture
by Scott, Allen J.
- 1537-1556 The Effects of Privatization on Efficiency: How Does Privatization Work?
by Okten, Cagla & Arin, K. Peren
- 1557-1579 Privatization, Income Distribution, and Poverty: The Mongolian Experience
by Nixson, Frederick & Walters, Bernard
- 1580-1596 Crisis and policymaking in Latin America: The case of Chile's 1998-99 electricity crisis
by Murillo, Maria Victoria & Foulon, Carmen Le
- 1597-1611 Environment During growth: Accounting for governance and vulnerability
by Dasgupta, Susmita & Hamilton, Kirk & Pandey, Kiran D. & Wheeler, David
- 1612-1638 Microfinance in Northeast Thailand: Who benefits and how much?
by Coleman, Brett E.
- 1639-1653 Why Do Girls in Rural China Have Lower School Enrollment?
by Song, Lina & Appleton, Simon & Knight, John
- 1654-1666 Risking death for survival: Peasant responses to hunger and HIV/AIDS in Malawi
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy & Fonseca, Jodie
2006, Volume 34, Issue 8
- 1333-1337 Introduction: The impact of globalization on the world's poor
by Thorbecke, Erik & Nissanke, Machiko
- 1338-1360 Channels and policy debate in the globalization-inequality-poverty nexus
by Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik
- 1361-1373 Globalization, poverty, and inequality: What is the relationship? What can be done?
by Basu, Kaushik
- 1374-1392 Looking beyond averages in the trade and poverty debate
by Ravallion, Martin
- 1393-1404 Globalization and rural poverty
by Bardhan, Pranab
- 1405-1418 Globalization, local ecosystems, and the rural poor
by Aggarwal, Rimjhim M.
- 1419-1429 Globalization's bystanders: Does trade liberalization hurt countries that do not participate?
by Stern, Robert M. & Deardorff, Alan V.
- 1430-1445 Agricultural biotechnology and poverty reduction in low-income countries
by Graff, Gregory & Roland-Holst, David & Zilberman, David
- 1446-1457 Poverty and the welfare costs of risk associated with globalization
by Ligon, Ethan
2006, Volume 34, Issue 7
- 1153-1170 Natural wealth accounts: A proposal for alleviating the natural resource curse
by Sandbu, Martin E.
- 1171-1181 Regional heterogeneity in the relationship between fiscal imbalances and foreign exchange market pressure
by Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex
- 1182-1200 The political obstacles to greater exchange rate flexibility in China
by Kaplan, Stephen B.
- 1201-1222 How does trade affect regional disparities?
by Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Gill, Nicholas
- 1223-1236 Harmonization without representation: Small states, the Basel Committee, and the WTO
by Grynberg, Roman & Silva, Sacha
- 1237-1253 The political economy of civil war in Nepal
by Sharma, Kishor
- 1254-1270 The impact of collective action on economic development: empirical evidence from Kerala, India
by Justino, Patricia
- 1271-1286 Market work and household work as deterrents to schooling in Bangladesh
by Amin, Shahina & Quayes, Shakil & Rives, Janet M.
- 1287-1300 The role of opinion leaders in the diffusion of new knowledge: The case of integrated pest management
by Feder, Gershon & Savastano, Sara
- 1301-1315 Networks, distance, and trust: Telecommunications Development and changing trading practices in Ghana
by Overa, Ragnhild
- 1316-1332 Empowerment and institutions: Managing fisheries in Uganda
by Nunan, Fiona
2006, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 933-950 Aid distribution and the MDGs
by Baulch, Bob
- 951-963 Accountability for Empowerment: Dilemmas Facing Non-Governmental Organizations
by Kilby, Patrick
- 964-980 An identity crisis? Examining IMF financial programming
by Easterly, William
- 981-995 Revisiting the revisited terms of trade: Will China make a difference?
by Kaplinsky, Raphael
- 996-1015 Development trajectories and new comparative advantages: Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic under Globalization
by Sanchez-Ancochea, Diego
- 1016-1036 Groundnut trade liberalization: Could the South help the south?
by Beghin, John & Diop, Ndiame & Matthey, Holger
- 1037-1059 Infrastructural investment in long-run economic growth: South Africa 1875-2001
by Fedderke, J.W. & Perkins, P. & Luiz, J.M.
- 1060-1083 Natural resource abundance and human capital accumulation
by Stijns, Jean-Philippe
- 1084-1098 Social capital and health in Indonesia
by Miller, Douglas L. & Scheffler, Richard & Lam, Suong & Rosenberg, Rhonda & Rupp, Agnes
- 1099-1128 Inequalities in children's schooling: AIDS, orphanhood, poverty, and gender
by Ainsworth, Martha & Filmer, Deon
- 1129-1147 Researching gender violence in schools: Methodological and ethical considerations
by Leach, Fiona
2006, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 769-788 IMF and economic growth: The effects of programs, loans, and compliance with conditionality
by Dreher, Axel
- 789-801 Poverty alleviation as business strategy? Evaluating commitments of frontrunner Multinational Corporations
by Kolk, Ans & van Tulder, Rob
- 802-817 Is foreign direct investment beneficial for Mexico? An empirical analysis, 1960-2001
by Ramirez, Miguel D.
- 818-837 The cost of poverty alleviation transfer programs: A comparative analysis of three programs in Latin America
by Caldes, Natalia & Coady, David & Maluccio, John A.
- 838-851 After the labor migrants leave: The search for sustainable development in a sending region of the Ecuadorian Amazon
by Rudel, Thomas K.
- 852-867 Innovative development strategies from Non-Sovereign Island jurisdictions? A global review of economic policy and governance practices
by Baldacchino, Godfrey
- 868-883 Making corporate self-regulation effective in developing countries
by Graham, David & Woods, Ngaire
- 884-898 Responsive regulation and developing economies
by Braithwaite, John
- 899-918 Multi-stakeholder regulation: privatizing or socializing global labor standards?
by O'Rourke, Dara
- 919-932 Combining global and local forces: The case of labor rights in Cambodia
by Polaski, Sandra
2006, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 613-630 The effect of population health on foreign direct investment inflows to low- and middle-income countries
by Alsan, Marcella & Bloom, David E. & Canning, David
- 631-646 Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America
by Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime
- 647-664 Does competition in privatized social services work? The Chilean Experience
by Fischer, Ronald & Gonzalez, Pablo & Serra, Pablo
- 665-684 Do crowded classrooms crowd out learning? Evidence from the food for education program in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Akhter U. & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- 685-703 Group-based funeral insurance in Ethiopia and Tanzania
by Dercon, Stefan & De Weerdt, Joachim & Bold, Tessa & Pankhurst, Alula
- 704-727 The impact of HIV/AIDS on land rights: Perspectives from Kenya
by Aliber, Michael & Walker, Cherryl
- 728-750 Livelihood dynamics in planned and spontaneous resettlement in Zimbabwe: Converging and Vulnerable
by Chimhowu, Admos & Hulme, David
- 751-767 Assessing Natural Resource Management Challenges in Senegal Using Data from Participatory Rural Appraisals and Remote Sensing
by Brown, Molly E.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 405-425 Basic health care provision and under-5 mortality: A Cross-National study of developing Countries
by McGuire, James W.
- 426-445 Economic growth: A panacea for child labor?
by Kambhampati, Uma S. & Rajan, Raji
- 446-464 An operational method for assessing the poverty outreach performance of development policies and projects: Results of case studies in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
by Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar & Henry, Carla & Lapenu, Cecile
- 465-480 Openness and wage inequality in Kenya, 1964-2000
by Bigsten, Arne & Durevall, Dick
- 481-500 Land rental markets in transition: Theory and evidence from Hungary
by Vranken, Liesbet & Swinnen, Johan
- 501-519 The real, real price of nonrenewable resources: copper 1870-2000
by Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John E.
- 520-540 Transnational corporations and network effects of a local manufacturing cluster in mobile telecommunications equipment in China
by Yeung, Henry Wai-chung & Liu, Weidong & Dicken, Peter
- 541-556 Foreign direct investment and technology spillover: A cross-industry analysis of Thai manufacturing
by Kohpaiboon, Archanun
- 557-575 Stakeholder attitudes toward GMOs in the Philippines, Mexico, and South Africa: The issue of public trust
by Aerni, Philipp & Bernauer, Thomas
- 576-595 Municipal politics and forest governance: Comparative analysis of decentralization in Bolivia and Guatemala
by Andersson, Krister P. & Gibson, Clark C. & Lehoucq, Fabrice
- 596-611 Woodfuels, livelihoods, and policy interventions: Changing Perspectives
by Arnold, J.E. Michael & Kohlin, Gunnar & Persson, Reidar
2006, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 203-221 Global commodity chains and endogenous growth: Export dynamism and development in Mexico and Honduras
by Bair, Jennifer & Peters, Enrique Dussel
- 222-237 The "sophistication" of exports: A new trade measure
by Lall, Sanjaya & Weiss, John & Zhang, Jinkang
- 238-246 Tax smoothing and the cross-country pattern of privatization
by Berck, Peter & Lipow, Jonathan & Steinhauser, Ralf
- 247-270 The economic and political determinants of IMF and world bank lending in the Middle East and North Africa
by Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang & El-Said, Hamed
- 271-288 Pathways out of and into poverty in 36 villages of Andhra Pradesh, India
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 289-307 Gender and ethnicity differentials in school attainment and labor market earnings in Ecuador
by Garcia-Aracil, Adela & Winter, Carolyn
- 308-323 Globalization, Forest Resurgence, and Environmental Politics in El Salvador
by Hecht, Susanna B. & Kandel, Susan & Gomes, Ileana & Cuellar, Nelson & Rosa, Herman
- 324-327 Guest editors' introduction
by Duncan, Nick & Dutta, Indranil
- 328-340 Corruption and fast change
by Andvig, Jens Chr.
- 341-348 The economist's approach to the problem of corruption
by Bardhan, Pranab
- 349-358 Persistence of corruption: some theoretical perspectives
by Mishra, Ajit
- 359-370 Using Micro-Surveys to Measure and Explain Corruption
by Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob
- 371-380 Corruption and corruptibility
by Miller, William L.
- 381-404 The Measurement and Impact of Corruption Victimization: Survey Evidence from Latin America
by Seligson, Mitchell A.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-15 Fractal poverty traps
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M.
- 16-30 The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI): Is It Getting New Science and Technology to the World's Neglected Majority?
by Chataway, Joanna & Smith, James
- 31-49 Globalization and the Right to Free Association and Collective Bargaining: An Empirical Analysis
by Neumayer, Eric & Soysa, Indra de
- 50-74 Linking the web and the street: Internet-based "dotcauses" and the "anti-globalization" movement
by Clark, John D. & Themudo, Nuno S.
- 75-88 Increasing returns to scale and international diffusion of technology: An empirical study for Brazil (1976-2000)
by Oliveira, Francisco H.P. & Jayme, Frederico Jr. & Lemos, Mauro B.
- 89-112 Latin American Urban Violence as a Development Concern: Towards a Framework for Violence Reduction
by Moser, Caroline O.N. & McIlwaine, Cathy
- 113-129 Poor farmers' perceived benefits from different types of maize germplasm: The case of creolization in lowland tropical Mexico
by Bellon, Mauricio R. & Adato, Michelle & Becerril, Javier & Mindek, Dubravka
- 130-148 Grain for Green versus Grain: Conflict between Food Security and Conservation Set-Aside in China
by Xu, Zhigang & Xu, Jintao & Deng, Xiangzheng & Huang, Jikun & Uchida, Emi & Rozelle, Scott
- 149-166 Explaining success on the commons: Community forest governance in the Indian Himalaya
by Agrawal, Arun & Chhatre, Ashwini
- 167-179 Evaluating water policy scenarios against the priorities of the rural poor
by Hope, R.A.
- 180-202 Land, farming, livelihoods, and poverty: Rethinking the links in the Rural South
by Rigg, Jonathan
2005, Volume 33, Issue 12
- 1993-2011 Developing country representation and governance of the International Monetary Fund
by Rapkin, David P. & Strand, Jonathan R.
- 2013-2027 Mass democracy: The real reason that Brazil ended inflation?
by Armijo, Leslie Elliott
- 2029-2044 Governing the coffee chain: The role of voluntary regulatory Systems
by Muradian, Roldan & Pelupessy, Wim
- 2045-2065 NGOs in Bangladesh: Activities, resources, and governance
by Gauri, Varun & Galef, Julia
- 2067-2083 Big is ugly? How large-scale institutions prevent famines in Western India
by Attwood, Donald W.
- 2085-2101 Reproducing Difference? Schooling, Jobs, and Empowerment in Uttar Pradesh, India
by Jeffrey, Craig & Jeffery, Patricia & Jeffery, Roger
- 2103-2118 Determinants of FDI-induced externalities: New empirical evidence for Mexican manufacturing industries
by Jordaan, Jacob A.
- 2119-2133 Is the proposed East African Monetary Union an optimal currency area? a structural vector autoregression analysis
by Buigut, Steven K. & Valev, Neven T.
2005, Volume 33, Issue 11
- 1759-1781 Marketization and perceptions of social protection in China's cities
by Nielsen, Ingrid & Nyland, Chris & Smyth, Russell & Zhu, Cherrie
- 1783-1799 Gender and social capital: The importance of gender differences for the maturity and effectiveness of natural resource management groups
by Westermann, Olaf & Ashby, Jacqueline & Pretty, Jules
- 1801-1819 The relationship between participation and project outcomes: Evidence from rural water supply projects in India
by Prokopy, Linda Stalker
- 1821-1843 Social responsibility in the growing handmade paper industry of Nepal
by Biggs, Stephen & Messerschmidt, Don
- 1845-1864 NGOs and the globalization of managerialism: A research framework
by Roberts, Susan M. & Jones III, John Paul & Frohling, Oliver
- 1865-1879 Intellectual property rights in Mexico: Do they play a role?
by Leger, Andreanne
- 1881-1903 The rise and decline of rent-seeking activity in the Brazilian coffee sector: Lessons from the imposition and removal of coffee export quotas
by Jarvis, Lovell S.
- 1905-1921 The effect of minimum wages on actual wages in formal and informal sectors in Costa Rica
by Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine
- 1923-1938 Institutional change, climate risk, and rural vulnerability: Cases from Central Mexico
by Eakin, Hallie
- 1939-1957 Media proliferation and democratic transition in Africa: The case of Madagascar
by Andriantsoa, Pascal & Andriasendrarivony, Nancy & Haggblade, Steven & Minten, Bart & Rakotojaona, Mamy & Rakotovoavy, Frederick & Razafinimanana, Harivelle Sarindra
- 1959-1978 Privatizing pastoral lands: economic and normative outcomes in Kenya
by Lesorogol, Carolyn K.
- 1979-1992 Changing livelihoods and land reform: Evidence from the Northern Cape province of South Africa
by Bradstock, Alastair
2005, Volume 33, Issue 10
- 1545-1565 European Union-developing country FTAs: overview and analysis
by Francois, Joseph F. & McQueen, Matthew & Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 1567-1585 Do bilateral investment treaties increase foreign direct investment to developing countries?
by Neumayer, Eric & Spess, Laura
- 1587-1602 Transfer of technology to developing countries: Unilateral and multilateral policy options
by Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal
- 1603-1625 Case-by-Case Versus mass privatization in transition economies: Initial owner and final seller effects on performance of firms in Slovenia
by Simoneti, Marko & Damijan, Joze P. & Rojec, Matija & Majcen, Boris
- 1627-1643 Governance and performance of microfinance institutions in Central and Eastern Europe and the Newly Independent States
by Hartarska, Valentina
- 1645-1669 Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?
by Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John
- 1671-1688 Disaggregated Rural Economywide Models for Policy Analysis
by Taylor, J. Edward & Dyer, George A. & Yunez-Naude, Antonio
- 1689-1704 Does food aid Really have disincentive effects? New evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hoddinott, John
- 1705-1720 What should we expect from farmer field schools? A Sri Lanka case study
by Tripp, Robert & Wijeratne, Mahinda & Piyadasa, V. Hiroshini
- 1721-1733 Why do small-scale producers choose to produce under contract? Lessons from nontraditional vegetable exports from Zimbabwe
by Masakure, Oliver & Henson, Spencer
- 1735-1757 Can industrial outwork enhance homeworkers' capabilities? Evidence from clusters in South Asia
by Mehrotra, Santosh & Biggeri, Mario
2005, Volume 33, Issue 9
- 1379-1381 Introduction
by Sunderlin, William D.
- 1383-1402 Livelihoods, forests, and conservation in developing countries: An Overview
by Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Belcher, Brian & Burgers, Paul & Nasi, Robert & Santoso, Levania & Wunder, Sven
- 1403-1418 Reconciling biodiversity conservation, people, protected areas, and agricultural suitability in Mexico
by Brandon, Katrina & Gorenflo, Larry J. & Rodrigues, Ana S.L. & Waller, Robert W.
- 1419-1434 Village economic opportunity, forest dependence, and rural livelihoods in East Kalimantan, Indonesia
by Dewi, Sonya & Belcher, Brian & Puntodewo, Atie
- 1435-1452 Global patterns and trends in the use and management of commercial NTFPs: Implications for livelihoods and conservation
by Belcher, Brian & Ruiz-Perez, Manuel & Achdiawan, Ramadhani
- 1453-1471 Natural insurance, forest access, and compounded misfortune: Forest resources in smallholder coping strategies before and after Hurricane Mitch, northeastern Honduras
by McSweeney, Kendra
- 1473-1490 Making the Best of Two Worlds: Rural and Peri-Urban Livelihood Options Sustained by Nontimber Forest Products from the Bolivian Amazon
by Stoian, Dietmar
- 1491-1510 Trading Off Environmental Sustainability for Empowerment and Income: Woodlot Devolution in Northern Ethiopia
by Jagger, Pamela & Pender, John & Gebremedhin, Berhanu
- 1511-1527 How can market mechanisms for forest environmental services help the poor? Preliminary lessons from Latin America
by Grieg-Gran, Maryanne & Porras, Ina & Wunder, Sven
- 1529-1543 Community forest enterprises as entrepreneurial Firms: Economic and institutional perspectives from Mexico
by Antinori, Camille & Bray, David Barton
2005, Volume 33, Issue 8
- 1201-1214 How can the security of international trade be financed in developing countries? A global public good Approach
by Dulbecco, Philippe & Laporte, Bertrand
- 1215-1232 Religion and economic performance
by Noland, Marcus
- 1233-1265 Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: New Data and New Insights from Anthropometric Estimates
by Moradi, Alexander & Baten, Joerg
- 1267-1284 Achieving child-health-related Millennium Development Goals: The role of infrastructure
by Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Danny & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito
- 1285-1305 Why Is Child Malnutrition Lower in Urban Than in Rural Areas? Evidence from 36 Developing Countries
by Smith, Lisa C. & Ruel, Marie T. & Ndiaye, Aida
- 1307-1324 Regulatory Reforms in the Telecommunications Sector in Developing Countries: The Role of Democracy and Private Interests
by Li, Wei & Qiang, Christine Zhen-Wei & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 1325-1344 Technology transfer from TNCs to local suppliers in developing countries: A study of AB Volvo's truck and bus plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico
by Ivarsson, Inge & Alvstam, Claes Goran
- 1345-1364 The Shifting Natures of "Development": Growth, Crisis, and Recovery in Indonesia's Forests
by Gellert, Paul K.
- 1365-1378 The right to development and indigenous peoples: Lessons from New Zealand
by Gibbs, Meredith
2005, Volume 33, Issue 7
- 1029-1044 Resource intensity, institutions, and development
by Bulte, Erwin H. & Damania, Richard & Deacon, Robert T.
- 1045-1063 Openness and inequality in developing countries: A review of theory and recent evidence
by Anderson, Edward
- 1065-1081 Women's discrimination in developing countries: A new data set for better policies
by Morrisson, Christian & Jutting, Johannes P.
- 1083-1099 Public management and the essential public health functions
by Khaleghian, Peyvand & Gupta, Monica Das
- 1101-1114 Decentralization and Participation: The Governance of Common Pool Resources in Nepal's Terai
by Agrawal, Arun & Gupta, Krishna
- 1115-1128 Can Income Programs Reduce Tropical Forest Pressure? Income Shocks and Forest Use in Malawi
by Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald
- 1129-1152 Migration to cities in Burkina Faso: Does the level of development in sending areas matter?
by Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1153-1182 The absorptive capacities of South African automotive component suppliers
by Lorentzen, Jochen
- 1183-1200 Assessing Indirect Tax Reform in a Tourism-Dependent Developing Country
by Gooroochurn, Nishaal & Milner, Chris
2005, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 851-865 Exploring the Politics of Chronic Poverty: From Representation to a Politics of Justice?
by Hickey, Sam & Bracking, Sarah
- 867-879 From correlates and characteristics to causes: thinking about poverty from a chronic poverty perspective
by Green, Maia & Hulme, David
- 881-891 Destitution and the Poverty of its Politics--With Special Reference to South Asia
by Harriss-White, Barbara
- 893-906 The inequality of social capital and the reproduction of chronic poverty
by Cleaver, Frances
- 907-920 When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?
by Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik
- 921-936 Civil society and propoor initiatives in rural Bangladesh: finding a workable strategy
by Blair, Harry
- 937-950 Donor-NGO relations and representations of livelihood in nongovernmental aid ahains
by Bebbington, Anthony
- 951-964 Beyond comparative anecdotalism: lessons on civil society and participation from Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Lavalle, Adrian Gurza & Acharya, Arnab & Houtzager, Peter P.
- 965-977 Productivity and Virtue: Elite Categories of the Poor in Bangladesh
by Hossain, Naomi
- 979-993 Poverty reduction as a local institutional process
by Bastiaensen, Johan & Herdt, Tom De & D'Exelle, Ben
- 995-1009 The politics of staying poor: exploring the political space for poverty reduction in Uganda
by Hickey, Sam
- 1011-1024 Guided Miscreants: Liberalism, Myopias, and the Politics of Representation
by Bracking, Sarah
2005, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 681-700 The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries
by Indjikian, Rouben & Siegel, Donald S.
- 701-728 The Transformation of Competitive Advantage in East Asia: An Analysis of Technological and Trade Specialization
by Uchida, Yuichiro & Cook, Paul
- 729-743 Economic Liberalization, the Changing Role of the State and "Wagner's Law": China's Development Experience since 1978
by Tobin, Damian
- 745-761 Coalitional politics, economic reform, and technological upgrading in Malaysia
by Ritchie, Bryan K.
- 763-783 Kerala's industrial backwardness: a case of path dependence in industrialization?
by Thomas, Jayan Jose
- 785-803 Export processing zones in Madagascar: a success story under threat?
by Cling, Jean-Pierre & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, Francois
- 805-822 Bringing the firm back in: local decision making and human capital development in Mexico's maquiladora sector
by Samstad, James G. & Pipkin, Seth
- 823-850 Marital violence, human development and women's property status in India
by Panda, Pradeep & Agarwal, Bina
2005, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 527-547 The impact of technology and structural change on export performance in nine developing countries
by Montobbio, Fabio & Rampa, Francesco
- 549-573 Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters
by Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta
- 575-591 State transfers to the poor and back: The case of the Food-for-Work program in India
by Deshingkar, Priya & Johnson, Craig & Farrington, John
- 593-615 Daughters or dowries? The changing nature of dowry practices in south India
by Srinivasan, Sharada
- 617-638 Where is the Poverty-Environment Nexus? Evidence from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam
by Dasgupta, Susmita & Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Wheeler, David
- 639-655 Community-based forest management within the context of institutional decentralization in Honduras
by Nygren, Anja
- 657-679 The governance of non-governmental organizations in Uganda
by Barr, Abigail & Fafchamps, Marcel & Owens, Trudy
2005, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 333-354 Global Educational Expansion and Socio-Economic Development: An Assessment of Findings from the Social Sciences
by Hannum, Emily & Buchmann, Claudia
- 355-370 Aid, Government Expenditure, and Aggregate Welfare
by Gomanee, Karuna & Morrissey, Oliver & Mosley, Paul & Verschoor, Arjan
- 371-391 The Effects of IMF and World Bank Lending on Long-Run Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis
by Butkiewicz, James L. & Yanikkaya, Halit
- 393-407 Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship
by Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming
- 409-430 New Challenges for Developing Country Suppliers in Global Clothing Chains: A Comparative European Perspective
by Palpacuer, Florence & Gibbon, Peter & Thomsen, Lotte
- 431-454 Constrained Geographical Mobility and Gendered Labor Market Outcomes Under Structural Adjustment: Evidence from Egypt
by Assaad, Ragui & Arntz, Melanie
- 455-480 Child Labor and Schooling Decisions in Urban and Rural Areas: Comparative Evidence from Nepal, Peru, and Zimbabwe
by Ersado, Lire
- 481-496 Right Target, Wrong Mechanism? Agricultural Modernization and Poverty Reduction in Uganda
by Bahiigwa, Godfrey & Rigby, Dan & Woodhouse, Philip
- 497-511 Confronting the Coffee Crisis: Can Fair Trade, Organic, and Specialty Coffees Reduce Small-Scale Farmer Vulnerability in Northern Nicaragua?
by Bacon, Christopher
- 513-526 Modeling the Defense-Growth Nexus in Guatemala
by Reitschuler, Gerhard & Loening, Josef L.
2005, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 193-197 Institutional Arrangements for Rural Poverty Reduction and Resource Conservation
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Lee, David R. & McPeak, John G.
- 199-217 Can Habitat Protection Lead to Improvements in Human Well-Being? Evidence from Marine Protected Areas in the Philippines
by Gjertsen, Heidi
- 219-235 A Tale of Two Communities: Explaining Deforestation in Mexico
by Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 237-253 Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America
by Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars
- 255-272 Paying for Environmental Services: An Analysis of Participation in Costa Rica's PSA Program
by Zbinden, Simon & Lee, David R.