February 2009, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 410-421 Determinants and Consequences of Land Sales Market Participation: Panel Evidence from India
by Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Nagarajan, Hari K.
- 422-434 Is Irrigation Water Free? A Reality Check in the Indo-Gangetic Basin
by Shah, Tushaar & Ul Hassan, Mehmood & Khattak, Muhammad Zubair & Banerjee, Parth Sarthi & Singh, O.P. & Rehman, Saeed Ur
- 435-444 Equity Reexamined: A Study of Community-Based Rainwater Harvesting in Rajasthan, India
by Cochran, Jaquelin & Ray, Isha
- 445-456 External Influences on and Conditions for Community Logging Management in Cameroon
by Ezzine de Blas, Driss & Ruiz Pérez, Manuel & Sayer, Jeffrey A. & Lescuyer, Guillaume & Nasi, Robert & Karsenty, Alain
- 457-468 Environment, Land, and Rural Out-migration in the Southern Ecuadorian Andes
by Gray, Clark L.
- 469-478 The Cost of Ownership in Microfinance Organizations
by Mersland, Roy
- 479-488 History Matters for the Export Decision: Plant-Level Evidence from Turkish Manufacturing Industry
by Özler, Sule & Taymaz, Erol & YIlmaz, Kamil
- 489-502 Foreign Capital, Human Capital, and Efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis for Developing Countries
by Mastromarco, Camilla & Ghosh, Sucharita
- 503-512 Fiscal Decentralization in Rentier Regions: Evidence from Russia
by Freinkman, Lev & Plekhanov, Alexander
- 513-520 Assessing Sector-wide Programs with Statistical Impact Evaluation: A Methodological Proposal
by Elbers, Chris & Gunning, Jan Willem & de Hoop, Kobus
January 2009, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-10 International Redistribution of Income
by Bourguignon, François & Levin, Victoria & Rosenblatt, David
- 11-25 The Evolution of World Inequality in Well-being
by Decancq, Koen & Decoster, André & Schokkaert, Erik
- 26-35 How the Millennium Development Goals are Unfair to Africa
by Easterly, William
- 36-49 Contrasting Visions for Aid and Governance in the 21st Century: The White House Millennium Challenge Account and DFID's Drivers of Change
by Chhotray, Vasudha & Hulme, David
- 50-61 Famine Mortality, Rational Political Inactivity, and International Food Aid
by Plümper, Thomas & Neumayer, Eric
- 62-80 Debt Relief and Governance Quality in Developing Countries
by Freytag, Andreas & Pehnelt, Gernot
- 81-92 Remittances, Institutions, and Economic Growth
by Catrinescu, Natalia & Leon-Ledesma, Miguel & Piracha, Matloob & Quillin, Bryce
- 93-103 The Determinants of International Remittances in Developing Countries
by Adams Jr., Richard H.
- 104-115 Effect of Remittances on Poverty and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Gupta, Sanjeev & Pattillo, Catherine A. & Wagh, Smita
- 116-126 South-South Migration: The Impact of Nicaraguan Immigrants on Earnings, Inequality and Poverty in Costa Rica
by Gindling, T.H.
- 127-145 Measuring Globalization of International Trade: Theory and Evidence
by Arribas, Iván & Pérez, Francisco & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 146-160 Do Regional Trade Pacts Benefit the Poor? An Illustration from Dominican Republic--Central American Free Trade Agreement in Nicaragua
by Bussolo, Maurizio & Niimi, Yoko
- 161-178 Trade, Standards, and Poverty: Evidence from Senegal
by Maertens, Miet & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 179-193 Effects of Household- and District-Level Factors on Primary School Enrollment in 30 Developing Countries
by Huisman, Janine & Smits, Jeroen
- 194-207 Women's Exclusion and Unfavorable Inclusion in Informal Employment in Lucknow, India: Barriers to Voice and Livelihood Security
by Kantor, Paula
- 208-218 Making Reform Work: Institutions, Dispositions, and the Improving Health of Bangladesh
by Faguet, Jean-Paul & Ali, Zulfiqar
- 219-231 Who is at the Wheel When Communities Drive Development? Evidence from the Philippines
by Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S.
- 232-241 The Post-Collective Village: A Tale of Two Transitions
by Herrold-Menzies, Melinda
- 242-255 Media, Monitoring, and Capture of Public Funds: Evidence from Madagascar
by Francken, Nathalie & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 256-267 Village-wide Effects of Agricultural Biotechnology: The Case of Bt Cotton in India
by Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin
- 268-285 How Sustainable are Sustainable Development Programs? The Case of the Sloping Land Conversion Program in China
by Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas
December 2008, Volume 36, Issue 12
- 2527-2546 A Human Development Index by Income Groups
by Grimm, Michael & Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Misselhorn, Mark
- 2547-2565 Proposal for a Contingency Debt Sustainability Framework
by Ferrarini, Benno
- 2566-2585 Giving and Receiving Foreign Aid: Does Conflict Count?
by Balla, Eliana & Reinhardt, Gina Yannitell
- 2586-2604 Liberalizing Autocracies in the Gulf Region? Reform Strategies in the Face of a Cultural-Economic Syndrome
by Weiffen, Brigitte
- 2605-2619 An Impact Analysis of Microfinance in Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis
- 2620-2642 The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India
by Garikipati, Supriya
- 2643-2662 Water Rich, Resource Poor: Intersections of Gender, Poverty, and Vulnerability in Newly Irrigated Areas of Southeastern Turkey
by Harris, Leila M.
- 2663-2678 Using Irrigation Insurance to Improve Water Usage of the Rio Mayo Irrigation System in Northwestern Mexico
by Leiva, Akssell J. & Skees, Jerry R.
- 2679-2695 Chile: The Unbearable Burden of Inequality
by López, Ramón & Miller, Sebastian J.
- 2696-2712 The Limits of Pension Privatization: Lessons from Argentine Experience
by Arza, Camila
- 2713-2732 Few Opportunities, Much Desperation: The Dichotomy of Non-Agricultural Activities and Inequality in Western Kenya
by Lay, Jann & Mahmoud, Toman Omar & M'Mukaria, George Michuki
- 2733-2762 The Financial Performance of Non-farm Microenterprises in Ghana
by Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John & Henson, Spencer
- 2763-2779 Management of Natural Resources at the Community Level: Exploring the Role of Social Capital and Leadership in a Rural Fishing Community
by Bodin, Örjan & Crona, Beatrice I.
- 2780-2800 Are We Getting There? Evidence of Decentralized Forest Management from the Tanzanian Miombo Woodlands
by Lund, Jens Friis & Treue, Thorsten
- 2801-2821 Modeling Energy and Development: An Evaluation of Models and Concepts
by van Ruijven, Bas & Urban, Frauke & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C. & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & de Vries, Bert & van Vuuren, Detlef P.
- 2822-2837 Trade Protection and Capital Imports in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector
by Kosteas, Vasilios D.
- 2838-2854 Intra- and Inter-industry Externalities from Foreign Direct Investment in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector: New Evidence from Mexican Regions
by Jordaan, Jacob A.
- 2855-2873 The Cross-industry Spillover of Technological Capability: Korea's DRAM and TFT-LCD Industries
by Park, Tae-Young & Choung, Jae-Yong & Min, Hong-Ghi
- 2874-2887 Social Movements and the Dynamics of Rural Territorial Development in Latin America
by Bebbington, Anthony & Abramovay, Ricardo & Chiriboga, Manuel
- 2888-2905 Mining and Social Movements: Struggles Over Livelihood and Rural Territorial Development in the Andes
by Bebbington, Anthony & Humphreys Bebbington, Denise & Bury, Jeffrey & Lingan, Jeannet & Muñoz, Juan Pablo & Scurrah, Martin
- 2906-2920 Social Movements Beyond the Iron Cage: Weak Ties in Territorial Development
by Abramovay, Ricardo & Magalhães, Reginaldo & Schröder, Mônica
- 2921-2936 Neo-Corporatism and Territorial Economic Development: The Ecuadorian Indigenous Movement in Local Government
by Ospina Peralta, Pablo & Santillana Ortiz, Alejandra & Arboleda, María
- 2937-2952 Questioning the Relationship between Participation and Development: A case study of the Vale do Ribeira, Brazil
by Schattan P. Coelho, Vera & Favareto, Arilson
- 2953-2961 "Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade"--A Comment
by Hayes, M.G.
- 2962-2965 "Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade"--A Reply
by LeClair, Mark S.
- 2966-2966 Corrigendum to "Poverty Risks and National Parks: Policy Issues in Conservation and Resettlement" [World Development 34 (2006) 1808-1830]
by Cernea, Michael M. & Schmidt-Soltau, Kai
- 2967-2967 Corrigendum to "'Achieving Child-Health-Related Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Infrastructure'--A Reply" [World Development 35 (2007) 929-930]
by Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Danny & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito
November 2008, Volume 36, Issue 11
- 2109-2126 The Microfinance Collateralized Debt Obligation: A Modern Robin Hood?
by Byström, Hans N.E.
- 2127-2143 Growth is Good for Whom, When, How? Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Exceptional Cases
by Donaldson, John A.
- 2144-2169 Job Reallocation in Two Cases of Massive Adjustment in Eastern Europe
by Jurajda, Stepán & Terrell, Katherine
- 2170-2187 Rural-Urban Poverty Differences in Transition Countries
by Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 2188-2204 Do Village Organizations Make a Difference in African Rural Development? A Study for Senegal and Burkina Faso
by Bernard, Tanguy & Collion, Marie-Hélène & de Janvry, Alain & Rondot, Pierre & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 2205-2222 The Dynamics of Social Capital and Community Associations in Uganda: Linking Capital and its Consequences
by Titeca, Kristof & Vervisch, Thomas
- 2223-2242 The Returns to Vocational Training and Academic Education: Evidence from Tanzania
by Kahyarara, Godius & Teal, Francis
- 2243-2254 Competing Paradigms in Pastoral Development? A Perspective from the Far North of Cameroon
by Moritz, Mark
- 2255-2276 Legal Pluralism and Decentralization: Natural Resource Management in Mali
by Benjamin, Charles E.
- 2277-2296 Property Rights, Productivity, and Common Property Resources: Insights from Rural Cambodia
by Markussen, Thomas
- 2297-2313 Dangerous Correlations: Aid's Impact on NGOs' Performance and Ability to Mobilize Members in Pakistan
by Bano, Masooda
- 2314-2324 Destructive Competition: Factionalism and Rent-Seeking in Iran
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Selvik, Kjetil
- 2325-2340 Life Satisfaction in Urban China: Components and Determinants
by Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina
- 2341-2352 Market Reforms and Han-Muslim Variation in Employment in the Chinese State Sector in a Chinese City
by Zang, Xiaowei
- 2353-2370 Synchronizing Export Orientation with Import Substitution: Creating Competitive Indigenous High-Tech Companies in China
by Zhou, Yu
- 2371-2389 Highway-Induced Development: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Gunasekera, Kumudu & Anderson, William & Lakshmanan, T.R.
- 2390-2401 Land Values in Frontier Settlements of the Brazilian Amazon
by Merry, Frank & Amacher, Gregory & Lima, Eirivelthon
- 2402-2420 Opening Participatory Spaces for the Most Marginal: Learning from Collective Action in the Honduran Hillsides
by Classen, Lauren & Humphries, Sally & FitzSimons, John & Kaaria, Susan & Jiménez, José & Sierra, Fredy & Gallardo, Omar
- 2421-2439 Education, Labor Supply, and Market Development in Rural Peru
by Laszlo, Sonia
- 2440-2455 Impact of Microfinance on Schooling: Evidence from Poor Rural Households in Bolivia
by Maldonado, Jorge H. & González-Vega, Claudio
- 2456-2469 International Investment Agreements and Services Markets: Locking in Market Failure?
by Manger, Mark
- 2470-2488 Government Subsidies and Presidential Election Outcomes: Evidence for a Developing Country
by Cerda, Rodrigo & Vergara, Rodrigo
- 2489-2511 Selective Spatial Closure and Local Economic Development: What Do We Learn from the Argentine Local Currency Systems?
by Gomez, Georgina M. & Helmsing, A.H.J.
- 2512-2525 Tax Evasion, Disclosure, and Participation in Financial Markets: Evidence from Brazilian Firms
by Kenyon, Thomas
October 2008, Volume 36, Issue 10
- 1665-1691 China's Economic Growth 1978-2025: What We Know Today About China's Economic Growth Tomorrow
by Holz, Carsten A.
- 1692-1708 World Bank Conditional Loans and Private Investment in Recipient Countries
by Agostino, Mariarosaria
- 1709-1724 Private Investment: Trends and Determinants in Thailand
by Jongwanich, Juthathip & Kohpaiboon, Archanun
- 1725-1744 Firm Productivity in Bangladesh Manufacturing Industries
by Fernandes, Ana M.
- 1745-1765 Explaining Differences in Public Sector Efficiency: Evidence from Russia's Regions
by Hauner, David
- 1766-1785 Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products
by Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R.
- 1786-1812 Rural Land Certification in Ethiopia: Process, Initial Impact, and Implications for Other African Countries
by Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Holden, Stein & Zevenbergen, Jaap
- 1813-1829 Spatial Externalities in Agriculture: Empirical Analysis, Statistical Identification, and Policy Implications
by Lewis, David J. & Barham, Bradford L. & Zimmerer, Karl S.
- 1830-1842 How Well Can We Target Aid with Rapidly Collected Data? Empirical Results for Poverty Mapping from Cambodia
by Fujii, Tomoki
- 1843-1857 Welfare Grants and Their Impact on Child Health: The Case of Sri Lanka
by Himaz, Rozana
- 1858-1873 Peripheral Justice? Rethinking Justice Sector Reform in the Philippines
by Franco, Jennifer C.
- 1874-1890 Success in High Value Horticultural Export Markets for the Small Farmers: The Case of Mahagrapes in India
by Roy, Devesh & Thorat, Amit
- 1891-1915 Governance Failure: Rethinking the Institutional Dimensions of Urban Water Supply to Poor Households
by Bakker, Karen & Kooy, Michelle & Shofiani, Nur Endah & Martijn, Ernst-Jan
- 1916-1937 Slum Real Estate: The Low-Quality High-Price Puzzle in Nairobi's Slum Rental Market and its Implications for Theory and Practice
by Gulyani, Sumila & Talukdar, Debabrata
- 1938-1955 The Knowledge that Counts: Institutional Identities, Policy Science, and the Conflict Over Fire Management in the Gran Sabana, Venezuela
by Sletto, Bjørn
- 1956-1979 Building Institutions to Trade Ecosystem Services: Marketing Forest Carbon in Mexico
by Corbera, Esteve & Brown, Katrina
- 1980-2003 Technological Capabilities and Global-Local Interactions: The Electronics Industry in Two Mexican Regions
by Iammarino, Simona & Padilla-Pérez, Ramon & von Tunzelmann, Nick
- 2004-2028 Do Local Knowledge Spillovers Matter for Development? An Empirical Study of Uruguay's Software Cluster
by Kesidou, Effie & Romijn, Henny
- 2029-2044 Social Security and Wealth Accumulation in Developing Economies: Evidence from the 1981 Chilean Reform
by Cerda, Rodrigo A.
- 2045-2047 Introduction: The Volatility of Overseas Aid
by Bulír, Ales & Gelb, Alan & Mosley, Paul
- 2048-2066 Volatility of Development Aid: From the Frying Pan into the Fire?
by Bulír, Ales & Hamann, A. Javier
- 2067-2081 Reforming Aid: Toward More Predictable, Performance-Based Financing for Development
by Eifert, Benn & Gelb, Alan
- 2082-2102 Aid Volatility, Policy and Development
by Hudson, John & Mosley, Paul
- 2103-2106 "Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management"--A Comment
by Feder, G. & Murgai, R. & Quizon, J.
- 2107-2108 "Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management"--A Reply
by van den Berg, Henk & Jiggins, Janice
September 2008, Volume 36, Issue 9
- 1493-1513 Stop Interrupting: An Empirical Analysis of the Implementation of IMF Programs
by Arpac, Ozlem & Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex
- 1514-1530 A Cheap Lunch for Emerging Markets: Removing International Financial Market Imperfections with Modern Financial Instruments
by Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard & Hoops, Stefan
- 1531-1546 The Cost of Doing Business in Africa: Evidence from Enterprise Survey Data
by Eifert, Benn & Gelb, Alan & Ramachandran, Vijaya
- 1547-1558 Is Local Beautiful? Fiscal Decentralization in Mexico
by Hernández-Trillo, Fausto & Jarillo-Rabling, Brenda
- 1559-1584 Poverty Transition and Persistence in Ethiopia: 1994-2004
by Bigsten, Arne & Shimeles, Abebe
- 1585-1606 Hot Stuff: Index Insurance for Indian Smallholder Pepper Growers
by Zant, Wouter
- 1607-1622 Global Private Regulation and Value-Chain Restructuring in Indonesian Smallholder Coffee Systems
by Neilson, Jeff
- 1623-1646 What Policies will Reduce Gender Schooling Gaps in Developing Countries: Evidence and Interpretation
by Glick, Peter
- 1647-1664 Birth Order, Child Labor, and School Attendance in Brazil
by Emerson, Patrick M. & Souza, André Portela
August 2008, Volume 36, Issue 8
- 1317-1341 Social Spending, Human Capital, and Growth in Developing Countries
by Baldacci, Emanuele & Clements, Benedict & Gupta, Sanjeev & Cui, Qiang
- 1342-1364 Agriculture, Development, and Urban Bias
by Bezemer, Dirk & Headey, Derek
- 1365-1380 The Dynamism of Mexican Exports: Lost in (Chinese) Translation?
by Gallagher, Kevin P. & Moreno-Brid, Juan Carlos & Porzecanski, Roberto
- 1381-1397 Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Schools or Stopgaps?
by Schrank, Andrew
- 1398-1414 Reconsidering the Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals
by Kiyota, Kozo & Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Urata, Shujiro & Wei, Yuhong
- 1415-1435 Market Reaction to Risky Banks: Did Generous Deposit Guarantee Change It?
by Önder, Zeynep & Özyildirim, Süheyla
- 1436-1452 Understanding the Coexistence of Formal and Informal Credit Markets in Piura, Peru
by Guirkinger, Catherine
- 1453-1468 Interpersonal, Intertemporal and Spatial Variation in Risk Perceptions: Evidence from East Africa
by Doss, Cheryl & McPeak, John & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 1469-1492 Revisiting Theories of Frontier Expansion in the Brazilian Amazon: A Survey of the Colonist Farming Population in Rondônia's Post-Frontier, 1992-2002
by Browder, John O. & Pedlowski, Marcos A. & Walker, Robert & Wynne, Randolph H. & Summers, Percy M. & Abad, Ana & Becerra-Cordoba, Nancy & Mil-Homens, Joao
July 2008, Volume 36, Issue 7
- 1135-1151 Looking Ahead Optimally in Allocating Aid
by Wood, Adrian
- 1152-1172 Improving Food Aid: What Reforms Would Yield the Highest Payoff?
by Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 1173-1191 Threshold Effects of Corruption: Theory and Evidence
by Bose, Niloy & Capasso, Salvatore & Murshid, Antu Panini
- 1192-1212 Economic Reforms, FDI, and Economic Growth in India: A Sector Level Analysis
by Chakraborty, Chandana & Nunnenkamp, Peter
- 1213-1232 Reforms with a Female Face: Gender, Liberalization, and Economic Policy in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Rao, Smriti
- 1233-1246 The Mystery of Capital Formation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Women, Property Rights and Customary Law
by Joireman, S.F.
- 1247-1260 Economic Efficiency and Supply Response of Women as Farm Managers: Comparative Evidence from Western Kenya
by Alene, Arega D. & Manyong, Victor M. & Omanya, Gospel O. & Mignouna, Hodeba D. & Bokanga, Mpoko & Odhiambo, George D.
- 1261-1279 Monetary Union Membership in West Africa: A Cluster Analysis
by Tsangarides, Charalambos G. & Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed
- 1280-1293 The Distribution of Household Income in Brazil: Unequal and Immutable?
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 1294-1316 Decentralization's Effects on Educational Outcomes in Bolivia and Colombia
by Faguet, Jean-Paul & Sánchez, Fabio
June 2008, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 987-991 Introduction: Multidimensional Poverty Analysis: Conceptual Issues, Empirical Illustrations and Policy Implications
by Kakwani, Nanak & Silber, Jacques
- 992-1010 Estimating Basic Capabilities: A Structural Equation Model Applied to Bolivia
by Krishnakumar, Jaya & Ballon, Paola
- 1011-1020 Vulnerability to Multidimensional Poverty: Peru, 1998-2002
by Calvo, Cesar
- 1021-1047 Measuring Pro-Poor Growth in Non-Income Dimensions
by Grosse, Melanie & Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan
- 1048-1066 Global Estimates of Pro-Poor Growth
by Son, Hyun H. & Kakwani, Nanak
- 1067-1077 On the Watts Multidimensional Poverty Index and its Decomposition
by Chakravarty, Satya R. & Deutsch, Joseph & Silber, Jacques
- 1078-1093 Experienced Poverty and Income Poverty in Mexico: A Subjective Well-Being Approach
by Rojas, Mariano
- 1094-1112 Deprivation in the São Paulo Districts: Evidence from 2000
by D'Ambrosio, Conchita & Rodrigues, Rute Imanishi
- 1113-1130 Using an Asset Index to Assess Trends in Poverty in Seven Sub-Saharan African Countries
by Booysen, Frikkie & van der Berg, Servaas & Burger, Ronelle & Maltitz, Michael von & Rand, Gideon du
May 2008, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 727-740 The Global Distribution of Income in 2050
by Hillebrand, Evan
- 741-774 The Diverging Patterns of Profitability, Investment and Growth of China and India During 1980-2003
by Felipe, Jesus & Laviña, Editha & Fan, Emma Xiaoqin
- 775-796 The Human Development Trap in Mexico
by Mayer-Foulkes, David
- 797-822 Agricultural Technology, Productivity, and Poverty in Madagascar
by Minten, Bart & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 823-842 The Effects of Fair Trade on Affiliated Producers: An Impact Analysis on Kenyan Farmers
by Becchetti, Leonardo & Costantino, Marco
- 843-859 Household Access to Microcredit and Child Work in Rural Malawi
by Hazarika, Gautam & Sarangi, Sudipta
- 860-874 Food Aid Dependency in Northeastern Ethiopia: Myth or Reality?
by Little, Peter D.
- 875-899 Women and Fish-for-Sex: Transactional Sex, HIV/AIDS and Gender in African Fisheries
by Béné, Christophe & Merten, Sonja
- 900-915 Men's Crops and Women's Crops: The Importance of Gender to the Understanding of Agricultural and Development Outcomes in Ghana's Central Region
by Carr, Edward R.
- 916-933 Minimum Wages and Poverty in a Developing Country: Simulations from Indonesia's Household Survey
by Bird, Kelly & Manning, Chris
- 934-952 Disability and the Rural Labor Market in India: Evidence for Males in Tamil Nadu
by Mitra, Sophie & Sambamoorthi, Usha
- 953-968 The Determinants of Water Connection and Water Consumption: Empirical Evidence from a Cambodian Household Survey
by Basani, Marcello & Isham, Jonathan & Reilly, Barry
- 969-985 Economic Heterogeneity and the Commons: Effects on Collective Action and Collective Goods Provisioning
by Ruttan, Lore M.
April 2008, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 541-559 Capital Intensity, Technology Intensity, and Skill Development in Post China/WTO Maquiladoras
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 560-574 Foreign Technology Licensing, Productivity, and Spillovers
by López, Ricardo A.
- 575-589 The Unspeakable Ban: The Translation of Global Pesticide Governance into Honduran National Regulation
by Jansen, Kees
- 590-607 A Conceptual Framework for Community-Based Health Insurance in Low-Income Countries: Social Capital and Economic Development
by Mladovsky, Philipa & Mossialos, Elias
- 608-624 Women Bargaining to Seek Healthcare: Norms, Domestic Practices, and Implications in Rural Burkina Faso
by Nikièma, Béatrice & Haddad, Slim & Potvin, Louise
- 625-640 Migration and Income Diversification:: Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Wouterse, Fleur & Taylor, J. Edward
- 641-658 Why do Beneficiaries Leave the Safety Net in Mexico? A Study of the Effects of Conditionality on Dropouts
by Álvarez, Carola & Devoto, Florencia & Winters, Paul
- 659-676 Civil Conflict and Forced Migration: The Micro Determinants and Welfare Losses of Displacement in Colombia
by Ibáñez, Ana Maria & Vélez, Carlos Eduardo
- 677-705 Civil Society and Good Governance: (Re-) Conceptualizing the Interface
by Roy, Indrajit
- 706-726 Development of Groundwater Markets in China: A Glimpse into Progress to Date
by Zhang, Lijuan & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott
March 2008, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 345-361 The Impact of Immigration: Comparing Two Global Eras
by Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G.
- 362-382 Designing Global Collective Action in Population and HIV/AIDS Programs, 1983-2002: Has Anything Changed?
by van Dalen, Hendrik P.
- 383-398 Are More Democratic Donor Countries More Development Oriented? Domestic Institutions and External Development Promotion in OECD Countries
by Faust, Jörg
- 399-419 Cursing the Blessings? Natural Resource Abundance, Institutions, and Economic Growth
by Brunnschweiler, Christa N.
- 420-445 Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction: Measurement Issues using Income and Non-Income Indicators
by Klasen, Stephan
- 446-460 Redistributive Conflict and Social Policy in Latin America
by Teichman, Judith
- 461-484 An Analysis of a US-Southern African Customs Union (SACU) Free Trade Agreement
by Brown, Drusilla K. & Kiyota, Kozo & Stern, Robert M.
- 485-504 External Debt in Post-Conflict Countries
by Alvarez-Plata, Patricia & Brück, Tilman
- 505-526 Links between the Local Trade in Natural Products, Livelihoods and Poverty Alleviation in a Semi-arid Region of South Africa
by Shackleton, Sheona & Campbell, Bruce & Lotz-Sisitka, Heila & Shackleton, Charlie
- 527-540 Does Charcoal Production Slow Agricultural Expansion into the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest?
by Labarta, Ricardo A. & White, Douglas S. & Swinton, Scott M.
February 2008, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 197-209 Introduction: The Impact of Asian Drivers on the Developing World
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Messner, Dirk
- 210-234 Asian Growth and Trade Poles: India, China, and East and Southeast Asia
by McDonald, Scott & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen
- 235-253 The Impact of China on Latin America and the Caribbean
by Jenkins, Rhys & Peters, Enrique Dussel & Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita
- 254-273 Do the Asian Drivers Undermine Export-oriented Industrialization in SSA
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike
- 274-292 Global Governance and Developing Countries: The Implications of the Rise of China
by Gu, Jing & Humphrey, John & Messner, Dirk
- 293-307 Do the Asian Drivers Pull their Diplomatic Weight China, India, and the United Nations
by Cooper, Andrew F. & Fues, Thomas
- 308-324 China's Capacities for Mitigating Climate Change
by Richerzhagen, Carmen & Scholz, Imme
- 325-344 Breakthrough China's and India's Transition from Production to Innovation
by Altenburg, Tilman & Schmitz, Hubert & Stamm, Andreas
January 2008, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-16 Robbing Peter to Pay Paul? Understanding Who Pays for Debt Relief
by Gunter, Bernhard G. & Rahman, Jesmin & Wodon, Quentin
- 17-38 Core Labor Standards and Development: Impact on Long-Term Income
by Bazillier, Remi
- 39-54 The Roles and Performance of State Firms and Non-State Firms in China's Economic Transition
by Li, Shaomin & Xia, Jun
- 55-88 Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil
by Figueiredo, Paulo N.
- 89-114 What is the Impact of International Remittances on Poverty and Inequality in Latin America?
by Acosta, Pablo & Calderon, Cesar & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, Humberto
- 115-127 Is There a Feminization of Poverty in Latin America?
by Medeiros, Marcelo & Costa, Joana
- 128-143 Gender Differentials in Literacy in India: The Intriguing Relationship with Women's Labor Force Participation
by Sundaram, Aparna & Vanneman, Reeve
- 144-158 Genetic Engineering for the Poor: Golden Rice and Public Health in India
by Stein, Alexander J. & Sachdev, H.P.S. & Qaim, Matin
- 159-175 Greener than Thou: The Political Economy of Fish Ecolabeling and Its Local Manifestations in South Africa
by Ponte, Stefano
- 176-195 Fifteen Years of Empirical Research on Collective Action in Natural Resource Management: Struggling to Build Large-N Databases Based on Qualitative Research
by Poteete, Amy R. & Ostrom, Elinor
December 2007, Volume 35, Issue 12
- 2041-2055 Human Rights, the Millennium Development Goals, and the Future of Development Cooperation
by Nelson, Paul J.
- 2056-2078 Sri Lanka's Rural Non-Farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-Poor Growth
by Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Sur, Mona
- 2079-2095 North versus South: The Impact of Social Norms in the Market Pricing of Private Property Rights in Vietnam
by Kim, Annette M.
- 2096-2109 Gendered Realities: Exploring Property Ownership and Tenancy Relationships in Urban India
by Baruah, Bipasha
- 2110-2130 Are Environmental Social Movements Socially Exclusive? An Historical Study from Thailand
by Forsyth, Tim