2006, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 789-801 Poverty alleviation as business strategy? Evaluating commitments of frontrunner Multinational Corporations
by Kolk, Ans & van Tulder, Rob
- 802-817 Is foreign direct investment beneficial for Mexico? An empirical analysis, 1960-2001
by Ramirez, Miguel D.
- 818-837 The cost of poverty alleviation transfer programs: A comparative analysis of three programs in Latin America
by Caldes, Natalia & Coady, David & Maluccio, John A.
- 838-851 After the labor migrants leave: The search for sustainable development in a sending region of the Ecuadorian Amazon
by Rudel, Thomas K.
- 852-867 Innovative development strategies from Non-Sovereign Island jurisdictions? A global review of economic policy and governance practices
by Baldacchino, Godfrey
- 868-883 Making corporate self-regulation effective in developing countries
by Graham, David & Woods, Ngaire
- 884-898 Responsive regulation and developing economies
by Braithwaite, John
- 899-918 Multi-stakeholder regulation: privatizing or socializing global labor standards?
by O'Rourke, Dara
- 919-932 Combining global and local forces: The case of labor rights in Cambodia
by Polaski, Sandra
2006, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 613-630 The effect of population health on foreign direct investment inflows to low- and middle-income countries
by Alsan, Marcella & Bloom, David E. & Canning, David
- 631-646 Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America
by Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime
- 647-664 Does competition in privatized social services work? The Chilean Experience
by Fischer, Ronald & Gonzalez, Pablo & Serra, Pablo
- 665-684 Do crowded classrooms crowd out learning? Evidence from the food for education program in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Akhter U. & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- 685-703 Group-based funeral insurance in Ethiopia and Tanzania
by Dercon, Stefan & De Weerdt, Joachim & Bold, Tessa & Pankhurst, Alula
- 704-727 The impact of HIV/AIDS on land rights: Perspectives from Kenya
by Aliber, Michael & Walker, Cherryl
- 728-750 Livelihood dynamics in planned and spontaneous resettlement in Zimbabwe: Converging and Vulnerable
by Chimhowu, Admos & Hulme, David
- 751-767 Assessing Natural Resource Management Challenges in Senegal Using Data from Participatory Rural Appraisals and Remote Sensing
by Brown, Molly E.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 405-425 Basic health care provision and under-5 mortality: A Cross-National study of developing Countries
by McGuire, James W.
- 426-445 Economic growth: A panacea for child labor?
by Kambhampati, Uma S. & Rajan, Raji
- 446-464 An operational method for assessing the poverty outreach performance of development policies and projects: Results of case studies in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
by Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar & Henry, Carla & Lapenu, Cecile
- 465-480 Openness and wage inequality in Kenya, 1964-2000
by Bigsten, Arne & Durevall, Dick
- 481-500 Land rental markets in transition: Theory and evidence from Hungary
by Vranken, Liesbet & Swinnen, Johan
- 501-519 The real, real price of nonrenewable resources: copper 1870-2000
by Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John E.
- 520-540 Transnational corporations and network effects of a local manufacturing cluster in mobile telecommunications equipment in China
by Yeung, Henry Wai-chung & Liu, Weidong & Dicken, Peter
- 541-556 Foreign direct investment and technology spillover: A cross-industry analysis of Thai manufacturing
by Kohpaiboon, Archanun
- 557-575 Stakeholder attitudes toward GMOs in the Philippines, Mexico, and South Africa: The issue of public trust
by Aerni, Philipp & Bernauer, Thomas
- 576-595 Municipal politics and forest governance: Comparative analysis of decentralization in Bolivia and Guatemala
by Andersson, Krister P. & Gibson, Clark C. & Lehoucq, Fabrice
- 596-611 Woodfuels, livelihoods, and policy interventions: Changing Perspectives
by Arnold, J.E. Michael & Kohlin, Gunnar & Persson, Reidar
2006, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 203-221 Global commodity chains and endogenous growth: Export dynamism and development in Mexico and Honduras
by Bair, Jennifer & Peters, Enrique Dussel
- 222-237 The "sophistication" of exports: A new trade measure
by Lall, Sanjaya & Weiss, John & Zhang, Jinkang
- 238-246 Tax smoothing and the cross-country pattern of privatization
by Berck, Peter & Lipow, Jonathan & Steinhauser, Ralf
- 247-270 The economic and political determinants of IMF and world bank lending in the Middle East and North Africa
by Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang & El-Said, Hamed
- 271-288 Pathways out of and into poverty in 36 villages of Andhra Pradesh, India
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 289-307 Gender and ethnicity differentials in school attainment and labor market earnings in Ecuador
by Garcia-Aracil, Adela & Winter, Carolyn
- 308-323 Globalization, Forest Resurgence, and Environmental Politics in El Salvador
by Hecht, Susanna B. & Kandel, Susan & Gomes, Ileana & Cuellar, Nelson & Rosa, Herman
- 324-327 Guest editors' introduction
by Duncan, Nick & Dutta, Indranil
- 328-340 Corruption and fast change
by Andvig, Jens Chr.
- 341-348 The economist's approach to the problem of corruption
by Bardhan, Pranab
- 349-358 Persistence of corruption: some theoretical perspectives
by Mishra, Ajit
- 359-370 Using Micro-Surveys to Measure and Explain Corruption
by Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob
- 371-380 Corruption and corruptibility
by Miller, William L.
- 381-404 The Measurement and Impact of Corruption Victimization: Survey Evidence from Latin America
by Seligson, Mitchell A.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-15 Fractal poverty traps
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M.
- 16-30 The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI): Is It Getting New Science and Technology to the World's Neglected Majority?
by Chataway, Joanna & Smith, James
- 31-49 Globalization and the Right to Free Association and Collective Bargaining: An Empirical Analysis
by Neumayer, Eric & Soysa, Indra de
- 50-74 Linking the web and the street: Internet-based "dotcauses" and the "anti-globalization" movement
by Clark, John D. & Themudo, Nuno S.
- 75-88 Increasing returns to scale and international diffusion of technology: An empirical study for Brazil (1976-2000)
by Oliveira, Francisco H.P. & Jayme, Frederico Jr. & Lemos, Mauro B.
- 89-112 Latin American Urban Violence as a Development Concern: Towards a Framework for Violence Reduction
by Moser, Caroline O.N. & McIlwaine, Cathy
- 113-129 Poor farmers' perceived benefits from different types of maize germplasm: The case of creolization in lowland tropical Mexico
by Bellon, Mauricio R. & Adato, Michelle & Becerril, Javier & Mindek, Dubravka
- 130-148 Grain for Green versus Grain: Conflict between Food Security and Conservation Set-Aside in China
by Xu, Zhigang & Xu, Jintao & Deng, Xiangzheng & Huang, Jikun & Uchida, Emi & Rozelle, Scott
- 149-166 Explaining success on the commons: Community forest governance in the Indian Himalaya
by Agrawal, Arun & Chhatre, Ashwini
- 167-179 Evaluating water policy scenarios against the priorities of the rural poor
by Hope, R.A.
- 180-202 Land, farming, livelihoods, and poverty: Rethinking the links in the Rural South
by Rigg, Jonathan
2005, Volume 33, Issue 12
- 1993-2011 Developing country representation and governance of the International Monetary Fund
by Rapkin, David P. & Strand, Jonathan R.
- 2013-2027 Mass democracy: The real reason that Brazil ended inflation?
by Armijo, Leslie Elliott
- 2029-2044 Governing the coffee chain: The role of voluntary regulatory Systems
by Muradian, Roldan & Pelupessy, Wim
- 2045-2065 NGOs in Bangladesh: Activities, resources, and governance
by Gauri, Varun & Galef, Julia
- 2067-2083 Big is ugly? How large-scale institutions prevent famines in Western India
by Attwood, Donald W.
- 2085-2101 Reproducing Difference? Schooling, Jobs, and Empowerment in Uttar Pradesh, India
by Jeffrey, Craig & Jeffery, Patricia & Jeffery, Roger
- 2103-2118 Determinants of FDI-induced externalities: New empirical evidence for Mexican manufacturing industries
by Jordaan, Jacob A.
- 2119-2133 Is the proposed East African Monetary Union an optimal currency area? a structural vector autoregression analysis
by Buigut, Steven K. & Valev, Neven T.
2005, Volume 33, Issue 11
- 1759-1781 Marketization and perceptions of social protection in China's cities
by Nielsen, Ingrid & Nyland, Chris & Smyth, Russell & Zhu, Cherrie
- 1783-1799 Gender and social capital: The importance of gender differences for the maturity and effectiveness of natural resource management groups
by Westermann, Olaf & Ashby, Jacqueline & Pretty, Jules
- 1801-1819 The relationship between participation and project outcomes: Evidence from rural water supply projects in India
by Prokopy, Linda Stalker
- 1821-1843 Social responsibility in the growing handmade paper industry of Nepal
by Biggs, Stephen & Messerschmidt, Don
- 1845-1864 NGOs and the globalization of managerialism: A research framework
by Roberts, Susan M. & Jones III, John Paul & Frohling, Oliver
- 1865-1879 Intellectual property rights in Mexico: Do they play a role?
by Leger, Andreanne
- 1881-1903 The rise and decline of rent-seeking activity in the Brazilian coffee sector: Lessons from the imposition and removal of coffee export quotas
by Jarvis, Lovell S.
- 1905-1921 The effect of minimum wages on actual wages in formal and informal sectors in Costa Rica
by Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine
- 1923-1938 Institutional change, climate risk, and rural vulnerability: Cases from Central Mexico
by Eakin, Hallie
- 1939-1957 Media proliferation and democratic transition in Africa: The case of Madagascar
by Andriantsoa, Pascal & Andriasendrarivony, Nancy & Haggblade, Steven & Minten, Bart & Rakotojaona, Mamy & Rakotovoavy, Frederick & Razafinimanana, Harivelle Sarindra
- 1959-1978 Privatizing pastoral lands: economic and normative outcomes in Kenya
by Lesorogol, Carolyn K.
- 1979-1992 Changing livelihoods and land reform: Evidence from the Northern Cape province of South Africa
by Bradstock, Alastair
2005, Volume 33, Issue 10
- 1545-1565 European Union-developing country FTAs: overview and analysis
by Francois, Joseph F. & McQueen, Matthew & Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 1567-1585 Do bilateral investment treaties increase foreign direct investment to developing countries?
by Neumayer, Eric & Spess, Laura
- 1587-1602 Transfer of technology to developing countries: Unilateral and multilateral policy options
by Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal
- 1603-1625 Case-by-Case Versus mass privatization in transition economies: Initial owner and final seller effects on performance of firms in Slovenia
by Simoneti, Marko & Damijan, Joze P. & Rojec, Matija & Majcen, Boris
- 1627-1643 Governance and performance of microfinance institutions in Central and Eastern Europe and the Newly Independent States
by Hartarska, Valentina
- 1645-1669 Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?
by Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John
- 1671-1688 Disaggregated Rural Economywide Models for Policy Analysis
by Taylor, J. Edward & Dyer, George A. & Yunez-Naude, Antonio
- 1689-1704 Does food aid Really have disincentive effects? New evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hoddinott, John
- 1705-1720 What should we expect from farmer field schools? A Sri Lanka case study
by Tripp, Robert & Wijeratne, Mahinda & Piyadasa, V. Hiroshini
- 1721-1733 Why do small-scale producers choose to produce under contract? Lessons from nontraditional vegetable exports from Zimbabwe
by Masakure, Oliver & Henson, Spencer
- 1735-1757 Can industrial outwork enhance homeworkers' capabilities? Evidence from clusters in South Asia
by Mehrotra, Santosh & Biggeri, Mario
2005, Volume 33, Issue 9
- 1379-1381 Introduction
by Sunderlin, William D.
- 1383-1402 Livelihoods, forests, and conservation in developing countries: An Overview
by Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Belcher, Brian & Burgers, Paul & Nasi, Robert & Santoso, Levania & Wunder, Sven
- 1403-1418 Reconciling biodiversity conservation, people, protected areas, and agricultural suitability in Mexico
by Brandon, Katrina & Gorenflo, Larry J. & Rodrigues, Ana S.L. & Waller, Robert W.
- 1419-1434 Village economic opportunity, forest dependence, and rural livelihoods in East Kalimantan, Indonesia
by Dewi, Sonya & Belcher, Brian & Puntodewo, Atie
- 1435-1452 Global patterns and trends in the use and management of commercial NTFPs: Implications for livelihoods and conservation
by Belcher, Brian & Ruiz-Perez, Manuel & Achdiawan, Ramadhani
- 1453-1471 Natural insurance, forest access, and compounded misfortune: Forest resources in smallholder coping strategies before and after Hurricane Mitch, northeastern Honduras
by McSweeney, Kendra
- 1473-1490 Making the Best of Two Worlds: Rural and Peri-Urban Livelihood Options Sustained by Nontimber Forest Products from the Bolivian Amazon
by Stoian, Dietmar
- 1491-1510 Trading Off Environmental Sustainability for Empowerment and Income: Woodlot Devolution in Northern Ethiopia
by Jagger, Pamela & Pender, John & Gebremedhin, Berhanu
- 1511-1527 How can market mechanisms for forest environmental services help the poor? Preliminary lessons from Latin America
by Grieg-Gran, Maryanne & Porras, Ina & Wunder, Sven
- 1529-1543 Community forest enterprises as entrepreneurial Firms: Economic and institutional perspectives from Mexico
by Antinori, Camille & Bray, David Barton
2005, Volume 33, Issue 8
- 1201-1214 How can the security of international trade be financed in developing countries? A global public good Approach
by Dulbecco, Philippe & Laporte, Bertrand
- 1215-1232 Religion and economic performance
by Noland, Marcus
- 1233-1265 Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: New Data and New Insights from Anthropometric Estimates
by Moradi, Alexander & Baten, Joerg
- 1267-1284 Achieving child-health-related Millennium Development Goals: The role of infrastructure
by Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Danny & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito
- 1285-1305 Why Is Child Malnutrition Lower in Urban Than in Rural Areas? Evidence from 36 Developing Countries
by Smith, Lisa C. & Ruel, Marie T. & Ndiaye, Aida
- 1307-1324 Regulatory Reforms in the Telecommunications Sector in Developing Countries: The Role of Democracy and Private Interests
by Li, Wei & Qiang, Christine Zhen-Wei & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 1325-1344 Technology transfer from TNCs to local suppliers in developing countries: A study of AB Volvo's truck and bus plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico
by Ivarsson, Inge & Alvstam, Claes Goran
- 1345-1364 The Shifting Natures of "Development": Growth, Crisis, and Recovery in Indonesia's Forests
by Gellert, Paul K.
- 1365-1378 The right to development and indigenous peoples: Lessons from New Zealand
by Gibbs, Meredith
2005, Volume 33, Issue 7
- 1029-1044 Resource intensity, institutions, and development
by Bulte, Erwin H. & Damania, Richard & Deacon, Robert T.
- 1045-1063 Openness and inequality in developing countries: A review of theory and recent evidence
by Anderson, Edward
- 1065-1081 Women's discrimination in developing countries: A new data set for better policies
by Morrisson, Christian & Jutting, Johannes P.
- 1083-1099 Public management and the essential public health functions
by Khaleghian, Peyvand & Gupta, Monica Das
- 1101-1114 Decentralization and Participation: The Governance of Common Pool Resources in Nepal's Terai
by Agrawal, Arun & Gupta, Krishna
- 1115-1128 Can Income Programs Reduce Tropical Forest Pressure? Income Shocks and Forest Use in Malawi
by Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald
- 1129-1152 Migration to cities in Burkina Faso: Does the level of development in sending areas matter?
by Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1153-1182 The absorptive capacities of South African automotive component suppliers
by Lorentzen, Jochen
- 1183-1200 Assessing Indirect Tax Reform in a Tourism-Dependent Developing Country
by Gooroochurn, Nishaal & Milner, Chris
2005, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 851-865 Exploring the Politics of Chronic Poverty: From Representation to a Politics of Justice?
by Hickey, Sam & Bracking, Sarah
- 867-879 From correlates and characteristics to causes: thinking about poverty from a chronic poverty perspective
by Green, Maia & Hulme, David
- 881-891 Destitution and the Poverty of its Politics--With Special Reference to South Asia
by Harriss-White, Barbara
- 893-906 The inequality of social capital and the reproduction of chronic poverty
by Cleaver, Frances
- 907-920 When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?
by Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik
- 921-936 Civil society and propoor initiatives in rural Bangladesh: finding a workable strategy
by Blair, Harry
- 937-950 Donor-NGO relations and representations of livelihood in nongovernmental aid ahains
by Bebbington, Anthony
- 951-964 Beyond comparative anecdotalism: lessons on civil society and participation from Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Lavalle, Adrian Gurza & Acharya, Arnab & Houtzager, Peter P.
- 965-977 Productivity and Virtue: Elite Categories of the Poor in Bangladesh
by Hossain, Naomi
- 979-993 Poverty reduction as a local institutional process
by Bastiaensen, Johan & Herdt, Tom De & D'Exelle, Ben
- 995-1009 The politics of staying poor: exploring the political space for poverty reduction in Uganda
by Hickey, Sam
- 1011-1024 Guided Miscreants: Liberalism, Myopias, and the Politics of Representation
by Bracking, Sarah
2005, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 681-700 The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries
by Indjikian, Rouben & Siegel, Donald S.
- 701-728 The Transformation of Competitive Advantage in East Asia: An Analysis of Technological and Trade Specialization
by Uchida, Yuichiro & Cook, Paul
- 729-743 Economic Liberalization, the Changing Role of the State and "Wagner's Law": China's Development Experience since 1978
by Tobin, Damian
- 745-761 Coalitional politics, economic reform, and technological upgrading in Malaysia
by Ritchie, Bryan K.
- 763-783 Kerala's industrial backwardness: a case of path dependence in industrialization?
by Thomas, Jayan Jose
- 785-803 Export processing zones in Madagascar: a success story under threat?
by Cling, Jean-Pierre & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, Francois
- 805-822 Bringing the firm back in: local decision making and human capital development in Mexico's maquiladora sector
by Samstad, James G. & Pipkin, Seth
- 823-850 Marital violence, human development and women's property status in India
by Panda, Pradeep & Agarwal, Bina
2005, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 527-547 The impact of technology and structural change on export performance in nine developing countries
by Montobbio, Fabio & Rampa, Francesco
- 549-573 Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters
by Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta
- 575-591 State transfers to the poor and back: The case of the Food-for-Work program in India
by Deshingkar, Priya & Johnson, Craig & Farrington, John
- 593-615 Daughters or dowries? The changing nature of dowry practices in south India
by Srinivasan, Sharada
- 617-638 Where is the Poverty-Environment Nexus? Evidence from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam
by Dasgupta, Susmita & Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Wheeler, David
- 639-655 Community-based forest management within the context of institutional decentralization in Honduras
by Nygren, Anja
- 657-679 The governance of non-governmental organizations in Uganda
by Barr, Abigail & Fafchamps, Marcel & Owens, Trudy
2005, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 333-354 Global Educational Expansion and Socio-Economic Development: An Assessment of Findings from the Social Sciences
by Hannum, Emily & Buchmann, Claudia
- 355-370 Aid, Government Expenditure, and Aggregate Welfare
by Gomanee, Karuna & Morrissey, Oliver & Mosley, Paul & Verschoor, Arjan
- 371-391 The Effects of IMF and World Bank Lending on Long-Run Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis
by Butkiewicz, James L. & Yanikkaya, Halit
- 393-407 Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship
by Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming
- 409-430 New Challenges for Developing Country Suppliers in Global Clothing Chains: A Comparative European Perspective
by Palpacuer, Florence & Gibbon, Peter & Thomsen, Lotte
- 431-454 Constrained Geographical Mobility and Gendered Labor Market Outcomes Under Structural Adjustment: Evidence from Egypt
by Assaad, Ragui & Arntz, Melanie
- 455-480 Child Labor and Schooling Decisions in Urban and Rural Areas: Comparative Evidence from Nepal, Peru, and Zimbabwe
by Ersado, Lire
- 481-496 Right Target, Wrong Mechanism? Agricultural Modernization and Poverty Reduction in Uganda
by Bahiigwa, Godfrey & Rigby, Dan & Woodhouse, Philip
- 497-511 Confronting the Coffee Crisis: Can Fair Trade, Organic, and Specialty Coffees Reduce Small-Scale Farmer Vulnerability in Northern Nicaragua?
by Bacon, Christopher
- 513-526 Modeling the Defense-Growth Nexus in Guatemala
by Reitschuler, Gerhard & Loening, Josef L.
2005, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 193-197 Institutional Arrangements for Rural Poverty Reduction and Resource Conservation
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Lee, David R. & McPeak, John G.
- 199-217 Can Habitat Protection Lead to Improvements in Human Well-Being? Evidence from Marine Protected Areas in the Philippines
by Gjertsen, Heidi
- 219-235 A Tale of Two Communities: Explaining Deforestation in Mexico
by Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 237-253 Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America
by Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars
- 255-272 Paying for Environmental Services: An Analysis of Participation in Costa Rica's PSA Program
by Zbinden, Simon & Lee, David R.
- 273-284 Local Enforcement and Better Forests
by Gibson, Clark C. & Williams, John T. & Ostrom, Elinor
- 285-299 Linkages Between Community, Environmental, and Conflict Management: Experiences from Northern Kenya
by Haro, Guyo O. & Doyo, Godana J. & McPeak, John G.
- 301-321 Potential for Poverty Reduction Strategies to Address Community Priorities: Case Study of Kenya
by Swallow, Brent
- 323-332 Poverty and Conservation: The New Century's "Peasant Question?"
by Sanderson, Steven
2005, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-19 Why Are We Worried About Income? Nearly Everything that Matters is Converging
by Kenny, Charles
- 21-41 China, Economic Development and Mortality Decline
by Banister, Judith & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 43-63 Trade Openness, Foreign Direct Investment and Child Labor
by Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra
- 65-86 Macroeconomic Change, Competitiveness and Timber Production: A Five-Country Comparison
by Wunder, Sven
- 87-105 Encouraging Private Sector Research for Tropical Agriculture
by Kremer, Michael & Zwane, Alix Peterson
- 107-128 The Impact of "Market-Friendly" Reforms on Credit and Land Markets in Honduras and Nicaragua
by Boucher, Stephen R. & Barham, Bradford L. & Carter, Michael R.
- 129-147 In the Market But Not of It: Fair Trade Coffee and Forest Stewardship Council Certification as Market-Based Social Change
by Taylor, Peter Leigh
- 149-169 Peer Monitoring, Social Ties and Moral Hazard in Group Lending Programs: Evidence from Eritrea
by Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Mehrteab, Habteab T.
- 171-191 Does Greater Accountability Improve the Quality of Public Service Delivery? Evidence from Uganda
by Deininger, Klaus & Mpuga, Paul
2004, Volume 32, Issue 12
- 1989-2014 Economic Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Estimating the Growth Elasticity of Poverty
by Adams, Richard Jr.
- 2015-2030 What Happens When Relative Costs Increase in Export Processing Zones? Technology, Regional Production Networks, and Mexico's Maquiladoras
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 2031-2047 The Roles of Corporatization and Stock Market Listing in Reforming China's State Industry
by Zhang, Le-Yin
- 2049-2064 Estimating the Impact of Transgenic Bt Cotton on West and Central Africa: A General Equilibrium Approach
by Elbehri, Aziz & Macdonald, Steve
- 2065-2081 How Big is the Crowding-Out Effect of User Fees in the Rural Areas of Ethiopia? Implications for Equity and Resources Mobilization
by Asfaw, Abay & Braun, Joachim von & Klasen, Stephan
- 2083-2104 On Measuring Energy Poverty in Indian Households
by Pachauri, S. & Mueller, A. & Kemmler, A. & Spreng, D.
- 2105-2120 Death, Disability, Displaced Persons and Development: The Case of Landmines in Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Mitchell, Shannon K.
- 2121-2137 Can Water Reform Survive Politics? Institutional Change and River Basin Management in Ceara, Northeast Brazil
by Lemos, Maria Carmen & de Oliveira, Joao Lucio Farias
- 2139-2160 Struggling with Sustainability--A Comparative Framework for Evaluating Sustainable Development Programs
by Mog, Justin M.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 11
- 1807-1829 Women, Food Security, and Development in Less-Industrialized Societies: Contributions and Challenges for the New Century
by Scanlan, Stephen J.
- 1831-1847 HIV/AIDS and Labor Force Upgrading in Tanzania
by Wobst, Peter & Arndt, Channing
- 1849-1870 Economic Consequences of Demographic Change in the Former USSR: Social Transfers in the Kyrgyz Republic
by Becker, Charles & Paltsev, Sergey V.
- 1871-1890 What Explains Emigration Out of Latin America?
by Clark, Ximena & Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G.
- 1891-1907 Going beyond Crosscountry Averages: Growth, Inequality and Poverty Reduction in the Philippines
by Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko
- 1909-1926 Microfinance Repayment Performance in Bangladesh: How to Improve the Allocation of Loans by MFIs
by Godquin, Marie
- 1927-1938 Implementation of Village Self-Help Projects in the Kyrgyz Republic
by DeWald, Joshua & Espey, Molly & Hammig, Michael D.
- 1939-1955 Protecting the Forest or the People? Environmental Policies and Livelihoods in the Forest Margins of Southern Ghana
by Wiggins, Steve & Marfo, Kofi & Anchirinah, Vincent
- 1957-1969 Productivity Differentials Between Local and Foreign Plants in Indonesian Manufacturing, 1995
by Takii, Sadayuki
- 1971-1987 China's Shallow Integration: Networked Production and the New Challenges for Late Industrialization
by Steinfeld, Edward S.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 10
- 1609-1626 The Economic Costs to International Labor Restrictions: Revisiting the Empirical Discussion
by Moses, Jonathon W. & Letnes, Bjorn
- 1627-1640 Does the "Resource Curse" hold for Growth in Genuine Income as Well?
by Neumayer, Eric
- 1641-1661 Land Tenure, Fixed Investment, and Farm Productivity: Evidence from Zambia's Southern Province
by Smith, Robert E.
- 1663-1667 Guest Editor's Introduction
by Kinsey, Bill H.
- 1669-1696 Zimbabwe's Land Reform Program: Underinvestment in Post-Conflict Transformation
by Kinsey, Bill H.
- 1697-1709 Economic Benefits and Costs of Land Redistribution in Zimbabwe in the Early 1980s
by Deininger, Klaus & Hoogeveen, Hans & Kinsey, Bill H.
- 1711-1733 External Support During the Transition Phase: Roles for Humanitarian Aid and Development Assistance from a Village Perspective
by Owens, Trudy
- 1735-1751 Sustainability and Resourcefulness: Support Networks During Periods of Stress
by Dekker, Marleen
- 1753-1766 Forging Effective New Communities: The Evolution of Civil Society in Zimbabwean Resettlement Villages
by Barr, Abigail
- 1767-1783 Peasant Demonstrators, Violent Invaders: Representations of Land in the Zimbabwean Press
by Willems, Wendy
- 1785-1805 Land Reform and Human Rights in Contemporary Zimbabwe: Balancing Individual and Social Justice Through an Integrated Human Rights Framework
by Hellum, Anne & Derman, Bill
2004, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 1441-1466 China's Competitive Performance: A Threat to East Asian Manufactured Exports?
by Lall, Sanjaya & Albaladejo, Manuel
- 1467-1486 Testing the Three Roles of Equity Markets in Developing Countries: The Case of China
by Shirai, Sayuri
- 1487-1507 Imperfect Substitutes: The Local Political Economy of Informal Finance and Microfinance in Rural China and India
by Tsai, Kellee S.