March 2010, Volume 38, Issue 3
February 2010, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 137-141 Formal and Informal Institutions and Development
by Casson, Mark C. & Della Giusta, Marina & Kambhampati, Uma S.
- 142-154 Inequality, Democracy, and Institutions: A Critical Review of Recent Research
by Savoia, Antonio & Easaw, Joshy & McKay, Andrew
- 155-169 Do Informal Institutions Matter for Technological Change in Russia? The Impact of Communist Norms and Conventions, 1998-2004
by Granville, Brigitte & Leonard, Carol S.
- 170-183 Work and Wellbeing in Informal Economies: The Regulative Roles of Institutions of Identity and the State
by Harriss-White, Barbara
- 184-194 Social Capital and its "Downside": The Impact on Sustainability of Induced Community-Based Organizations in Nepal
by Adhikari, Krishna Prasad & Goldey, Patricia
- 195-204 Political Market Characteristics and the Provision of Educational Infrastructure in North India
by Crost, Benjamin & Kambhampati, Uma S.
- 205-217 Religious Schools, Social Values, and Economic Attitudes: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Asadullah, Mohammad Niaz & Chaudhury, Nazmul
January 2010, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-18 Does the IMF Help or Hurt? The Effect of IMF Programs on the Likelihood and Outcome of Currency Crises
by Dreher, Axel & Walter, Stefanie
- 19-27 Optimal Deficit and Debt in the Presence of Foreign Aid
by Mayr, Karin
- 28-36 Microfinance Mission Drift?
by Mersland, Roy & Strøm, R. Øystein
- 37-47 Homogenization and Specialization Effects of International Trade: Are Cultural Goods Exceptional?
by Chu-Shore, Jesse
- 48-63 A Cross-Country Comparison of Rural Income Generating Activities
by Davis, Benjamin & Winters, Paul & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Stamoulis, Kostas & Azzarri, Carlo & DiGiuseppe, Stefania
- 64-75 How Cost-Effective is Biofortification in Combating Micronutrient Malnutrition? An Ex ante Assessment
by Meenakshi, J.V. & Johnson, Nancy L. & Manyong, Victor M. & DeGroote, Hugo & Javelosa, Josyline & Yanggen, David R. & Naher, Firdousi & Gonzalez, Carolina & García, James & Meng, Erika
- 76-87 Exploring the Logic Behind Southern Africa's Food Crises
by Tschirley, David L. & Jayne, T.S.
- 88-97 Reconsidering Conventional Explanations of the Inverse Productivity-Size Relationship
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Hou, Janet Y.
- 98-112 Does Women's Proportional Strength Affect their Participation? Governing Local Forests in South Asia
by Agarwal, Bina
- 113-124 Great Expectations? The Subjective Well-being of Rural-Urban Migrants in China
by Knight, John & Gunatilaka, Ramani
- 125-135 Voice, Votes, and Resources: Evaluating the Effect of Participatory Democracy on Well-being
by Boulding, Carew & Wampler, Brian
December 2009, Volume 37, Issue 12
- 1821-1838 Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?
by Bugamelli, Matteo & Paternò, Francesco
- 1839-1848 Exchange Rate Regimes in Developing and Emerging Economies and the Incidence of IMF Programs
by Bird, Graham & Rowlands, Dane
- 1849-1860 Linkages Between Financial Deepening, Trade Openness, and Economic Development: Causality Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Gries, Thomas & Kraft, Manfred & Meierrieks, Daniel
- 1861-1876 Does Foreign Direct Investment Lead to Productivity Spillovers? Firm Level Evidence from Indonesia
by Suyanto & Salim, Ruhul A. & Bloch, Harry
- 1877-1886 Is the CFA Franc Zone an Optimum Currency Area?
by Zhao, Xiaodan & Kim, Yoonbai
- 1887-1896 The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda
by Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi
- 1897-1913 Are Migrant Associations Actors in Local Development? A National Event-History Analysis in Rural Burkina Faso
by Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1914-1925 Is Self-employment and Micro-entrepreneurship a Desired Outcome?
by Mandelman, Federico S. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V.
- 1926-1934 Fiscal Decentralization, Chinese Style: Good for Health Outcomes?
by Uchimura, Hiroko & Jütting, Johannes P.
- 1935-1950 Power Struggle, Dispute and Alliance Over Local Resources: Analyzing 'Democratic' Decentralization of Natural Resources through the Lenses of Africa Inland Fisheries
by Béné, Christophe & Belal, Emma & Baba, Malloum Ousman & Ovie, Solomon & Raji, Aminu & Malasha, Isaac & Njaya, Friday & Na Andi, Mamane & Russell, Aaron & Neiland, Arthur
- 1951-1963 Water Communities in the Republic of Macedonia: An Empirical Analysis of Membership Satisfaction and Payment Behavior
by Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Peshevski, Mile & Bosev, Dane & Shekerinov, Darko & Quarrie, Steve
- 1964-1964 Corrigendum to "Which Way is ''Up" in Upgrading? Trajectories of Change in the Value Chain for South African Wine" [World Development 37 (2009) 1637-1650]
by Ponte, Stefano & Ewert, Joachim
November 2009, Volume 37, Issue 11
- 1717-1727 Agrifood Industry Transformation and Small Farmers in Developing Countries
by Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B. & Berdegué, Julio A. & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 1728-1741 Global Retail Chains and Poor Farmers: Evidence from Madagascar
by Minten, Bart & Randrianarison, Lalaina & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 1742-1758 Farmers, Vertical Coordination, and the Restructuring of Dairy Supply Chains in Central and Eastern Europe
by Dries, Liesbeth & Germenji, Etleva & Noev, Nivelin & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 1759-1772 From Plantations to Smallholder Production: The Role of Policy in the Reorganization of the Sri Lankan Tea Sector
by Herath, Deepananda & Weersink, Alfons
- 1773-1780 Producers, Processors, and Procurement Decisions: The Case of Vegetable Supply Chains in China
by Stringer, Randy & Sang, Naiquan & Croppenstedt, André
- 1781-1790 Impact of Contract Farming on Income: Linking Small Farmers, Packers, and Supermarkets in China
by Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan
- 1791-1801 Producing and Procuring Horticultural Crops with Chinese Characteristics: The Case of Northern China
by Wang, Honglin & Dong, Xiaoxia & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Reardon, Thomas
- 1802-1811 Kenyan Supermarkets, Emerging Middle-Class Horticultural Farmers, and Employment Impacts on the Rural Poor
by Neven, David & Odera, Michael Makokha & Reardon, Thomas & Wang, Honglin
- 1812-1819 Do Supermarkets Change the Food Policy Agenda?
by Timmer, C. Peter
October 2009, Volume 37, Issue 10
- 1589-1599 Aid and Migration: Substitutes or Complements?
by Berthélemy, Jean-Claude & Beuran, Monica & Maurel, Mathilde
- 1600-1611 The Underground Economy in the Late 1990s: Evading Taxes, or Evading Competition?
by Karlinger, Liliane
- 1612-1622 The Importance of the Exchange Rate Regime in Limiting Misalignment
by Dubas, Justin M.
- 1623-1636 Macroeconomic Volatility, Trade and Financial Liberalization in Africa
by Ahmed, Abdullahi D. & Suardi, Sandy
- 1637-1650 Which Way is "Up" in Upgrading? Trajectories of Change in the Value Chain for South African Wine
by Ponte, Stefano & Ewert, Joachim
- 1651-1662 The Transformation of Collectively Owned Enterprises and its Outcomes in China, 2001-05
by Xia, Jun & Li, Shaomin & Long, Cheryl
- 1663-1673 Outsourcing the State? Public-Private Partnerships and Information Technologies in India
by Kuriyan, Renee & Ray, Isha
- 1674-1682 Does Self Help Group Participation Lead to Asset Creation?
by Swain, Ranjula Bali & Varghese, Adel
- 1683-1693 Child Labor in Carpet Weaving: Impact of Social Labeling in India and Nepal
by Chakrabarty, Sayan & Grote, Ulrike
- 1694-1705 Arresting the Killer in the Kitchen: The Promises and Pitfalls of Commercializing Improved Cookstoves
by Bailis, Rob & Cowan, Amanda & Berrueta, Victor & Masera, Omar
- 1706-1715 Changes in the Distribution of Household Income in Brazil: The Role of Male and Female Earnings
by Sotomayor, Orlando J.
September 2009, Volume 37, Issue 9
- 1435-1452 Assets, Activities and Rural Income Generation: Evidence from a Multicountry Analysis
by Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Azzarri, Carlo & Stamoulis, Kostas
- 1453-1464 Small Firm Growth in Developing Countries
by Nichter, Simeon & Goldmark, Lara
- 1465-1477 The Regionalization of Knowledge Flows in East Asia: Evidence from Patent Citations Data
by Hu, Albert Guangzhou
- 1478-1483 Product Cycles, Innovation, and Exports: A Study of Indian Pharmaceuticals
by Chadha, Alka
- 1484-1493 Human Resource Management Technology Diffusion through Global Supply Chains: Buyer-directed Factory-based Health Care in India
by Brown, Drusilla K. & Downes, Thomas & Eggleston, Karen & Kumari, Ratna
- 1494-1505 Determinants of a Digital Divide in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Cell Phone Coverage
by Buys, Piet & Dasgupta, Susmita & Thomas, Timothy S. & Wheeler, David
- 1506-1521 Bank Privatization in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Uganda Commercial Bank
by Clarke, George R.G. & Cull, Robert & Fuchs, Michael
- 1522-1539 Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures
by Fedderke, J.W. & Bogetic, Z.
- 1540-1553 The Food (In)Security Impact of Land Redistribution in South Africa: Microeconometric Evidence from National Data
by Valente, Christine
- 1554-1568 Does Community Participation Produce Dividends in Social Investment Fund Projects?
by Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Lopez, Yeri
- 1569-1587 Children's Work and Mothers' Work--What is the Connection?
by DeGraff, Deborah S. & Levison, Deborah
- 1588-1588 Corrigendum to "Opening Up Pandora's Box: The Effect of Gender Targeting and Conditionality on Household Spending Behavior in Mexico's Progresa Program" [World Development 37 (2009) 1129-1142]
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Davis, Benjamin & Stampini, Marco
August 2009, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 1307-1316 The Limits of State-Led Land Reform: An Introduction
by Sikor, Thomas & Müller, Daniel
- 1317-1325 Challenges in Land Tenure and Land Reform in Africa: Anthropological Contributions
by Peters, Pauline E.
- 1326-1336 Land Tenure and Agricultural Productivity in Africa: A Comparative Analysis of the Economics Literature and Recent Policy Strategies and Reforms
by Place, Frank
- 1337-1347 Agrarian Reform in the Brazilian Amazon: Its Implications for Land Distribution and Deforestation
by Pacheco, Pablo
- 1348-1359 Agrarian Structure and Land-cover Change Along the Lifespan of Three Colonization Areas in the Brazilian Amazon
by Ludewigs, Thomas & D'antona, Alvaro de Oliveira & Brondízio, Eduardo Sonnewend & Hetrick, Scott
- 1360-1369 Structures and Stratagems: Making Decentralization of Authority over Land in Africa Cost-Effective
by Bruce, John W. & Knox, Anna
- 1370-1378 Building for the Future? Investment, Land Reform and the Contingencies of Ownership in Contemporary Ghana
by Berry, Sara
- 1379-1389 Smallholder Land Access in Post-War Northern Mozambique
by Brück, Tilman & Schindler, Kati
- 1390-1399 State-Led Land Reform and Local Institutional Change: Land Titles, Land Markets and Tenure Security in Mexican Communities
by Bouquet, Emmanuelle
- 1400-1410 "Custom" and Contestation: Land Reform in Post-Socialist Mongolia
by Upton, Caroline
- 1411-1423 Land Fragmentation and Cropland Abandonment in Albania: Implications for the Roles of State and Community in Post-Socialist Land Consolidation
by Sikor, Thomas & Müller, Daniel & Stahl, Johannes
- 1424-1433 Land Tenure, Land Use, and Land Reform at Dwesa-Cwebe, South Africa: Local Transformations and the Limits of the State
by Fay, Derick
July 2009, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 1159-1169 Telecommunications Reform, Internet Use and Mobile Phone Adoption in the Developing World
by Howard, Philip N. & Mazaheri, Nimah
- 1170-1181 Reasonable Expectations and the First Millennium Development Goal: How Much Can Aid Achieve?
by Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Erickson, Lennart
- 1182-1196 "Teach a Man to Fish": The Sustainability Doctrine and Its Social Consequences
by Swidler, Ann & Watkins, Susan Cotts
- 1197-1207 An Asian-Driven Economic Recovery in Africa? The Zambian Case
by Carmody, Pádraig
- 1208-1221 Community-Based Electric Micro-Grids Can Contribute to Rural Development: Evidence from Kenya
by Kirubi, Charles & Jacobson, Arne & Kammen, Daniel M. & Mills, Andrew
- 1222-1234 Estimating Households Vulnerability to Idiosyncratic and Covariate Shocks: A Novel Method Applied in Madagascar
by Günther, Isabel & Harttgen, Kenneth
- 1235-1249 "You Reap What You Plant": Social Networks in the Arab World--The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
by El-Said, Hamed & Harrigan, Jane
- 1250-1260 Examining the Impact of Taiwan's Cash Allowance Program on Private Households
by Lai, Mun Sim & Orsuwan, Meechai
- 1261-1273 Private Investment and Financial Sector Policies in India and Malaysia
by Ang, James B.
- 1274-1284 External Shocks, Structural Change, and Economic Growth in Mexico, 1979-2007
by Blecker, Robert A.
- 1285-1296 Employment Responses of Skilled and Unskilled Workers at Mexican Maquiladoras: The Effects of External Factors
by Mollick, André Varella
- 1297-1306 Rural Income Generating Activities: Whatever Happened to the Institutional Vacuum? Evidence from Ghana, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Vietnam
by Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Gero & Davis, Benjamin & Stamoulis, Kostas & Winters, Paul
June 2009, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 1027-1038 The Effect of Trade Openness on Women's Welfare and Work Life
by Bussmann, Margit
- 1039-1050 Trade Facilitation and Manufactured Exports: Is Africa Different?
by Iwanow, Tomasz & Kirkpatrick, Colin
- 1051-1068 Multiple Breaks, Terms of Trade Shocks and the Unit-Root Hypothesis for African Per Capita Real GDP
by Romero-Ávila, Diego
- 1069-1082 China versus Mexico in the Global EPZ Industry: Maquiladoras, FDI Quality, and Plant Mortality
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 1083-1093 Mainstreaming Fair Trade Coffee: From Partnership to Traceability
by Raynolds, Laura T.
- 1094-1104 The Economics of Smallholder Organic Contract Farming in Tropical Africa
by Bolwig, Simon & Gibbon, Peter & Jones, Sam
- 1105-1115 Informal Insurance Arrangements in Ghanaian Migrants' Transnational Networks: The Role of Reverse Remittances and Geographic Proximity
by Mazzucato, Valentina
- 1116-1128 The Impact of Prime Age Adult Mortality on Child Survival and Growth in Rural Ethiopia
by Kadiyala, Suneetha & Quisumbing, Agnes & Rogers, Beatrice & Webb, Patrick
- 1129-1142 Opening Up Pandora's Box: The Effect of Gender Targeting and Conditionality on Household Spending Behavior in Mexico's Progresa Program
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Davis, Benjamin & Stampini, Marco
- 1143-1154 Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador
by Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert
May 2009, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 889-901 Innovation, Inequality and Intellectual Property Rights
by Weinhold, Diana & Nair-Reichert, Usha
- 902-918 Keeping a Low Profile: What Determines the Allocation of Aid by Non-Governmental Organizations?
by Koch, Dirk-Jan & Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer
- 919-940 Telecommunications Services in Africa: The Impact of WTO Commitments and Unilateral Reform on Sector Performance and Economic Growth
by Djiofack-Zebaze, Calvin & Keck, Alexander
- 941-952 Has Democracy Slowed Growth in Asia?
by Rock, Michael T.
- 953-964 Capital Market Imperfections and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets: Private Investment and Cash Flow Relationship Revisited
by DemIr, FIrat
- 965-981 International Trade and the Gender Wage Gap: New Evidence from India's Manufacturing Sector
by Menon, Nidhiya & Rodgers, Yana van der Meulen
- 982-991 Calorie and Micronutrient Deprivation and Poverty Nutrition Traps in Rural India
by Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Sharma, Anurag
- 992-1003 On Defining and Measuring the Informal Sector: Evidence from Brazil
by Henley, Andrew & Arabsheibani, G. Reza & Carneiro, Francisco G.
- 1004-1014 Remittances and Labor Force Participation in Mexico: An Analysis Using Propensity Score Matching
by Cox-Edwards, Alejandra & Rodríguez-Oreggia, Eduardo
- 1015-1025 Agricultural Policy, Market Barriers, and Deforestation: The Case of Mexico's Southern Yucatn
by Schmook, Birgit & Vance, Colin
April 2009, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 753-762 Law, Finance, and Economic Growth in China: An Introduction
by Yao, Yang & Yueh, Linda
- 763-777 The Effectiveness of Law, Financial Development, and Economic Growth in an Economy of Financial Repression: Evidence from China
by Feng Lu, Susan & Yao, Yang
- 778-786 China's Entrepreneurs
by Yueh, Linda
- 787-799 Bank Financing in China's Private Sector: The Payoffs of Political Capital
by Zhou, Wubiao
- 800-811 Bank Size and Small- and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) Lending: Evidence from China
by Shen, Yan & Shen, Minggao & Xu, Zhong & Bai, Ying
- 812-824 Which Firms went Public in China? A Study of Financial Market Regulation
by Du, Julan & Xu, Chenggang
- 825-838 International Listing as a Means to Mobilize the Benefits of Financial Globalization: Micro-level Evidence from China
by Tobin, Damian & Sun, Laixiang
- 839-851 Spillover Effects Among the Greater China Stock Markets
by Johansson, Anders C. & Ljungwall, Christer
- 852-865 Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment: China versus the Rest of the World
by Fan, Joseph P.H. & Morck, Randall & Xu, Lixin Colin & Yeung, Bernard
- 866-873 What Determines Innovation Activity in Chinese State-owned Enterprises? The Role of Foreign Direct Investment
by Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan & Görg, Holger
- 874-888 Can China's Growth be Sustained? A Productivity Perspective
by Zheng, Jinghai & Bigsten, Arne & Hu, Angang
March 2009, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 521-532 Is Transparency the Key to Reducing Corruption in Resource-Rich Countries?
by Kolstad, Ivar & Wiig, Arne
- 533-549 Both Institutions and Policies Matter but Differently for Different Income Groups of Countries: Determinants of Long-Run Economic Growth Revisited
by Lee, Keun & Kim, Byung-Yeon
- 550-559 Globalization and Industry Agglomeration in China
by Ge, Ying
- 560-571 David Versus Goliath: The Impact of Chinese Competition on Developing Countries
by Álvarez, Roberto & Claro, Sebastián
- 572-584 Survival of Private Sector Manufacturing Establishments in Africa: The Role of Productivity and Ownership
by Shiferaw, Admasu
- 585-594 Benefits from Mutual Restraint in a Multilateral Monetary Union
by Buigut, Steven & Valev, Neven T.
- 595-606 National Trade Policies and Smuggling in Africa: The Case of The Gambia and Senegal
by Golub, Stephen S. & Mbaye, Ahmadou Aly
- 607-617 Do Free Goods Stick to Poor Households? Experimental Evidence on Insecticide Treated Bednets
by Hoffmann, Vivian & Barrett, Christopher B. & Just, David R.
- 618-631 Rural Women's Access to Credit: Market Imperfections and Intrahousehold Dynamics
by Fletschner, Diana
- 632-644 The Changing Role of Non-Farm Household Enterprises in Vietnam
by Oostendorp, Remco H. & Trung, Tran Quoc & Tung, Nguyen Thanh
- 645-660 Urban Proximity, Agricultural Potential and Rural Non-farm Employment: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Deichmann, Uwe & Shilpi, Forhad & Vakis, Renos
- 661-675 Addressing Workers' Rights in the Textile and Apparel Industries: Consequences for the Bangladesh Economy
by Ahmed, Nazneen & Peerlings, Jack H.M.
- 676-686 Heterogeneity and Collective Management: Evidence from Common Forests in Himachal Pradesh, India
by Naidu, Sirisha C.
- 687-697 What Explains Collective Action in the Commons? Theory and Evidence from the Philippines
by Araral Jr., Eduardo
- 698-713 Understanding Variations in Local Conflict: Evidence and Implications from Indonesia
by Barron, Patrick & Kaiser, Kai & Pradhan, Menno
- 714-725 Transnational and Domestic Relations of NGOs in Brazil
by Koslinski, Mariane Campelo & Reis, Elisa P.
- 726-738 Puerto Rican Migration Flows and the Theory of Migrant Self-Selection
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 739-752 The Decline in Intergenerational Mobility in Post-Socialism: Evidence from the Bulgarian Case
by Hertz, Tom & Meurs, Mieke & Selcuk, Sibel
February 2009, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 287-302 Trade and Income Inequality in Developing Countries
by Meschi, Elena & Vivarelli, Marco
- 303-313 Are There Lessons for Africa from China's Success Against Poverty?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 314-325 Broken Chain? AGOA and Foreign Direct Investment in the Kenyan Clothing Industry
by Phelps, Nicholas A. & Stillwell, John C.H. & Wanjiru, Roseline
- 326-340 Global Value Chains, Labor Organization and Private Social Standards: Lessons from East African Cut Flower Industries
by Riisgaard, Lone
- 341-353 Trade and Development: Lessons from Vietnam's Past Trade Agreements
by Abbott, Philip & Bentzen, Jeanet & Tarp, Finn
- 354-370 Making Economic Policy in Weak, Democratic, Post-crisis States: An Indonesian Case Study
by Aswicahyono, Haryo & Bird, Kelly & Hill, Hal
- 371-384 Changes in Subjective Well-Being in Timor-Leste on the Path to Independence
by Richter, Kaspar
- 385-398 Building Back Better: The Large-Scale Impact of Small-Scale Approaches to Reconstruction
by Lyons, Michal
- 399-409 Rethinking Cholera and Typhoid Vaccination Policies for the Poor: Private Demand in Kolkata, India
by Whittington, Dale & Sur, Dipika & Cook, Joseph & Chatterjee, Susmita & Maskery, Brian & Lahiri, Malay & Poulos, Christine & Boral, Srabani & Nyamete, Andrew & Deen, Jacqueline & Ochiai, Leon & Bhattacharya, Sujit Kumar
- 410-421 Determinants and Consequences of Land Sales Market Participation: Panel Evidence from India
by Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Nagarajan, Hari K.
- 422-434 Is Irrigation Water Free? A Reality Check in the Indo-Gangetic Basin
by Shah, Tushaar & Ul Hassan, Mehmood & Khattak, Muhammad Zubair & Banerjee, Parth Sarthi & Singh, O.P. & Rehman, Saeed Ur
- 435-444 Equity Reexamined: A Study of Community-Based Rainwater Harvesting in Rajasthan, India
by Cochran, Jaquelin & Ray, Isha
- 445-456 External Influences on and Conditions for Community Logging Management in Cameroon
by Ezzine de Blas, Driss & Ruiz Pérez, Manuel & Sayer, Jeffrey A. & Lescuyer, Guillaume & Nasi, Robert & Karsenty, Alain
- 457-468 Environment, Land, and Rural Out-migration in the Southern Ecuadorian Andes
by Gray, Clark L.
- 469-478 The Cost of Ownership in Microfinance Organizations
by Mersland, Roy
- 479-488 History Matters for the Export Decision: Plant-Level Evidence from Turkish Manufacturing Industry
by Özler, Sule & Taymaz, Erol & YIlmaz, Kamil
- 489-502 Foreign Capital, Human Capital, and Efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis for Developing Countries
by Mastromarco, Camilla & Ghosh, Sucharita
- 503-512 Fiscal Decentralization in Rentier Regions: Evidence from Russia
by Freinkman, Lev & Plekhanov, Alexander
- 513-520 Assessing Sector-wide Programs with Statistical Impact Evaluation: A Methodological Proposal
by Elbers, Chris & Gunning, Jan Willem & de Hoop, Kobus
January 2009, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-10 International Redistribution of Income
by Bourguignon, François & Levin, Victoria & Rosenblatt, David
- 11-25 The Evolution of World Inequality in Well-being
by Decancq, Koen & Decoster, André & Schokkaert, Erik
- 26-35 How the Millennium Development Goals are Unfair to Africa
by Easterly, William
- 36-49 Contrasting Visions for Aid and Governance in the 21st Century: The White House Millennium Challenge Account and DFID's Drivers of Change
by Chhotray, Vasudha & Hulme, David
- 50-61 Famine Mortality, Rational Political Inactivity, and International Food Aid
by Plümper, Thomas & Neumayer, Eric
- 62-80 Debt Relief and Governance Quality in Developing Countries
by Freytag, Andreas & Pehnelt, Gernot
- 81-92 Remittances, Institutions, and Economic Growth
by Catrinescu, Natalia & Leon-Ledesma, Miguel & Piracha, Matloob & Quillin, Bryce
- 93-103 The Determinants of International Remittances in Developing Countries
by Adams Jr., Richard H.
- 104-115 Effect of Remittances on Poverty and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Gupta, Sanjeev & Pattillo, Catherine A. & Wagh, Smita
- 116-126 South-South Migration: The Impact of Nicaraguan Immigrants on Earnings, Inequality and Poverty in Costa Rica
by Gindling, T.H.
- 127-145 Measuring Globalization of International Trade: Theory and Evidence
by Arribas, Iván & Pérez, Francisco & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 146-160 Do Regional Trade Pacts Benefit the Poor? An Illustration from Dominican Republic--Central American Free Trade Agreement in Nicaragua
by Bussolo, Maurizio & Niimi, Yoko
- 161-178 Trade, Standards, and Poverty: Evidence from Senegal
by Maertens, Miet & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 179-193 Effects of Household- and District-Level Factors on Primary School Enrollment in 30 Developing Countries
by Huisman, Janine & Smits, Jeroen
- 194-207 Women's Exclusion and Unfavorable Inclusion in Informal Employment in Lucknow, India: Barriers to Voice and Livelihood Security
by Kantor, Paula
- 208-218 Making Reform Work: Institutions, Dispositions, and the Improving Health of Bangladesh
by Faguet, Jean-Paul & Ali, Zulfiqar
- 219-231 Who is at the Wheel When Communities Drive Development? Evidence from the Philippines
by Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S.
- 232-241 The Post-Collective Village: A Tale of Two Transitions
by Herrold-Menzies, Melinda
- 242-255 Media, Monitoring, and Capture of Public Funds: Evidence from Madagascar
by Francken, Nathalie & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 256-267 Village-wide Effects of Agricultural Biotechnology: The Case of Bt Cotton in India
by Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin
- 268-285 How Sustainable are Sustainable Development Programs? The Case of the Sloping Land Conversion Program in China
by Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas
December 2008, Volume 36, Issue 12
- 2527-2546 A Human Development Index by Income Groups
by Grimm, Michael & Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Misselhorn, Mark
- 2547-2565 Proposal for a Contingency Debt Sustainability Framework
by Ferrarini, Benno
- 2566-2585 Giving and Receiving Foreign Aid: Does Conflict Count?
by Balla, Eliana & Reinhardt, Gina Yannitell
- 2586-2604 Liberalizing Autocracies in the Gulf Region? Reform Strategies in the Face of a Cultural-Economic Syndrome
by Weiffen, Brigitte
- 2605-2619 An Impact Analysis of Microfinance in Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis
- 2620-2642 The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India
by Garikipati, Supriya
- 2643-2662 Water Rich, Resource Poor: Intersections of Gender, Poverty, and Vulnerability in Newly Irrigated Areas of Southeastern Turkey
by Harris, Leila M.
- 2663-2678 Using Irrigation Insurance to Improve Water Usage of the Rio Mayo Irrigation System in Northwestern Mexico
by Leiva, Akssell J. & Skees, Jerry R.
- 2679-2695 Chile: The Unbearable Burden of Inequality
by López, Ramón & Miller, Sebastian J.
- 2696-2712 The Limits of Pension Privatization: Lessons from Argentine Experience
by Arza, Camila
- 2713-2732 Few Opportunities, Much Desperation: The Dichotomy of Non-Agricultural Activities and Inequality in Western Kenya
by Lay, Jann & Mahmoud, Toman Omar & M'Mukaria, George Michuki
- 2733-2762 The Financial Performance of Non-farm Microenterprises in Ghana
by Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John & Henson, Spencer
- 2763-2779 Management of Natural Resources at the Community Level: Exploring the Role of Social Capital and Leadership in a Rural Fishing Community
by Bodin, Örjan & Crona, Beatrice I.
- 2780-2800 Are We Getting There? Evidence of Decentralized Forest Management from the Tanzanian Miombo Woodlands
by Lund, Jens Friis & Treue, Thorsten
- 2801-2821 Modeling Energy and Development: An Evaluation of Models and Concepts
by van Ruijven, Bas & Urban, Frauke & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C. & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & de Vries, Bert & van Vuuren, Detlef P.
- 2822-2837 Trade Protection and Capital Imports in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector
by Kosteas, Vasilios D.
- 2838-2854 Intra- and Inter-industry Externalities from Foreign Direct Investment in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector: New Evidence from Mexican Regions
by Jordaan, Jacob A.
- 2855-2873 The Cross-industry Spillover of Technological Capability: Korea's DRAM and TFT-LCD Industries
by Park, Tae-Young & Choung, Jae-Yong & Min, Hong-Ghi
- 2874-2887 Social Movements and the Dynamics of Rural Territorial Development in Latin America
by Bebbington, Anthony & Abramovay, Ricardo & Chiriboga, Manuel
- 2888-2905 Mining and Social Movements: Struggles Over Livelihood and Rural Territorial Development in the Andes
by Bebbington, Anthony & Humphreys Bebbington, Denise & Bury, Jeffrey & Lingan, Jeannet & Muñoz, Juan Pablo & Scurrah, Martin
- 2906-2920 Social Movements Beyond the Iron Cage: Weak Ties in Territorial Development
by Abramovay, Ricardo & Magalhães, Reginaldo & Schröder, Mônica
- 2921-2936 Neo-Corporatism and Territorial Economic Development: The Ecuadorian Indigenous Movement in Local Government
by Ospina Peralta, Pablo & Santillana Ortiz, Alejandra & Arboleda, María
- 2937-2952 Questioning the Relationship between Participation and Development: A case study of the Vale do Ribeira, Brazil
by Schattan P. Coelho, Vera & Favareto, Arilson
- 2953-2961 "Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade"--A Comment
by Hayes, M.G.
- 2962-2965 "Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade"--A Reply
by LeClair, Mark S.