2004, Volume 32, Issue 10
- 1735-1751 Sustainability and Resourcefulness: Support Networks During Periods of Stress
by Dekker, Marleen
- 1753-1766 Forging Effective New Communities: The Evolution of Civil Society in Zimbabwean Resettlement Villages
by Barr, Abigail
- 1767-1783 Peasant Demonstrators, Violent Invaders: Representations of Land in the Zimbabwean Press
by Willems, Wendy
- 1785-1805 Land Reform and Human Rights in Contemporary Zimbabwe: Balancing Individual and Social Justice Through an Integrated Human Rights Framework
by Hellum, Anne & Derman, Bill
2004, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 1441-1466 China's Competitive Performance: A Threat to East Asian Manufactured Exports?
by Lall, Sanjaya & Albaladejo, Manuel
- 1467-1486 Testing the Three Roles of Equity Markets in Developing Countries: The Case of China
by Shirai, Sayuri
- 1487-1507 Imperfect Substitutes: The Local Political Economy of Informal Finance and Microfinance in Rural China and India
by Tsai, Kellee S.
- 1509-1523 Microfinance and Famine: The Irish Loan Funds during the Great Famine
by Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur
- 1525-1544 Foreign Direct Investment, Vertical Integration, and Local Suppliers: Evidence from the Polish Dairy Sector
by Dries, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 1545-1562 The Regional Returns of Public Investment Policies in Mexico
by Rodriguez-Oreggia, Eduardo & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres
- 1563-1577 Unlocking Crop Biotechnology in Developing Countries--A Report from the Field
by Cohen, Joel I. & Paarlberg, Robert
- 1579-1607 IDA Grants and HIPC Debt Cancellation: Their Effectiveness and Impact on IDA Resources
by Sanford, Jonathan E.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 1289-1308 Keeping Up with the Jones': Decentralization, Policy Imitation, and Industrial Development in China
by Thun, Eric
- 1309-1321 Economic Obstacles to Expanding Intra-African Trade
by Longo, Robert & Sekkat, Khalid
- 1323-1339 South Africa's International Cost Competitiveness and Exports in Manufacturing
by Edwards, Lawrence & Golub, Stephen S.
- 1341-1354 Deteriorating Economic Context and Changing Patterns of Youth Employment in Urban Burkina Faso: 1980-2000
by Calves, Anne-Emmanuele & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1355-1374 Gender Norms in Financial Markets: Evidence from Kenya
by Johnson, Susan
- 1375-1393 The Effect of Export-Oriented Growth on Female Labor Market Outcomes in Turkey
by Baslevent, Cem & Onaran, Ozlem
- 1395-1406 Development and Income Distribution: The Case of Puerto Rico
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 1407-1417 Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan
- 1419-1439 The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve
by Stern, David I.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 1075-1107 The Costs of Missing the Millennium Development Goal on Gender Equity
by Abu-Ghaida, Dina & Klasen, Stephan
- 1109-1137 Could a Global Marshall Plan be Successful? An Investigation Using The WEEP Simulation Model
by Yunker, James A.
- 1139-1157 Shifts in the Composition of Government Spending in Response to External Debt Burden
by Mahdavi, Saeid
- 1159-1178 Informality Revisited
by Maloney, William F.
- 1179-1198 Local Institutions, Poverty and Household Welfare in Bolivia
by Grootaert, Christiaan & Narayan, Deepa
- 1199-1223 Changing to Gray: Decentralization and the Emergence of Volatile Socio-Legal Configurations in Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
by McCarthy, John F.
- 1225-1246 Social Networks and Credit Access in Indonesia
by Okten, Cagla & Osili, Una Okonkwo
- 1247-1264 Microenterprise Occupation and Poverty Reduction in Microfinance Programs: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Shaw, Judith
- 1265-1288 Skills Development and Interfirm Learning Linkages under Globalization: Lessons from the Indian Automobile Industry
by Okada, Aya
2004, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 887-903 (Dis)Accords: The Politics of Market-Assisted Land Reforms in Chiapas, Mexico
by Bobrow-Strain, Aaron
- 905-922 British Colonial Legacies and Political Development
by Lange, Matthew K.
- 923-940 From the Policies to the Clinics: The Reproductive Health Paradox in Post-Adjustment Health Care
by Richey, Lisa Ann
- 941-955 Does Public Welfare Crowd Out Informal Safety Nets? Ethnographic Evidence from Rural Latin America
by Heemskerk, Marieke & Norton, Anastasia & de Dehn, Lise
- 957-977 Are Agricultural Production and Forest Conservation Compatible? Agricultural Diversity, Agricultural Incomes and Primary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon
by Perz, Stephen G.
- 979-998 Gender Segmentation at Work in China's Privatized Rural Industry: Some Evidence from Shandong and Jiangsu
by Dong, Xiao-Yuan & MacPhail, Fiona & Bowles, Paul & Ho, Samuel P. S.
- 999-1017 The Comparative Politics of Corruption: Accounting for the East Asian Paradox in Empirical Studies of Corruption, Growth and Investment
by Rock, Michael T. & Bonnett, Heidi
- 1019-1041 The Performance of State-Owned Enterprises and Newly Privatized Firms: Does Privatization Really Matter?
by Omran, Mohammed
- 1043-1057 Macro Economic Determinants of Antidumping: A Comparative Analysis of Developed and Developing Countries
by Aggarwal, Aradhna
- 1059-1070 Performance-Based Conditionality: A European Perspective
by Adam, Christopher & Chambas, Gerard & Guillaumont, Patrick & Guillaumont Jeanneney, Sylviane & Gunning, Jan Willem
2004, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 725-743 The Globalization of Organic Agro-Food Networks
by Raynolds, Laura T.
- 745-766 Successes in African Agriculture: Results of an Expert Survey
by Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Haggblade, Steven
- 767-792 Development Pathways and Land Management in Uganda
by Pender, John & Jagger, Pamela & Nkonya, Ephraim & Sserunkuuma, Dick
- 793-807 Participation Rhetoric or Community-Based Management Reality? Influences on Willingness to Participate in a Venezuelan Freshwater Fishery
by Ann Zanetell, Brooke & Knuth, Barbara A.
- 809-828 Labor Standards and Informal Employment in Latin America
by Galli, Rossana & Kucera, David
- 829-850 Assembly Trade and Technology Transfer: The Case of China
by Lemoine, Francoise & Unal-Kesenci, Deniz
- 851-869 A Failure Story: Politics and Financial Liberalization in Turkey, Revisiting the Revolving Door Hypothesis
by Demir, Firat
- 871-885 Public Health Capital and Productivity in the Spanish Regions: A Dynamic Panel Data Model
by Rivera, Berta & Currais, Luis
2004, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 567-589 Is Globalization Reducing Poverty and Inequality?
by Wade, Robert Hunter
- 591-607 Information Technology and Broad-Based Development: Preliminary Lessons from North India
by Kaushik, P. D. & Singh, Nirvikar
- 609-628 Facilitating Development: The Role of Business Groups
by Fisman, Raymond & Khanna, Tarun
- 629-654 A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)
by Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto
- 655-672 Assessing Community Preferences for Development Projects: Are Willingness-to-Pay Studies Robust to Mode Effects?
by Davis, Jennifer
- 673-690 Involuntary Resettlement, Production and Income: Evidence from Xiaolangdi, PRC
by Webber, Michael & McDonald, Brooke
- 691-711 Wealth-Based Trust and the Development of Collective Action
by Jones, Eric C.
- 713-724 Exit, Voice, and Vouchers: Using Vouchers to Train Microentrepreneurs--Observations from the Paraguayan Voucher Scheme
by Lepenies, Philipp H.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 391-408 Unemployment in South Africa: The Nature of the Beast
by Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi & Knight, John
- 409-425 Aggregate Demand, Productivity, and "Disguised Unemployment" in the Chinese Industrial Sector
by Li, Minqi
- 427-445 Productivity Growth in Latin America: The Limits of Neoliberal Reforms
by Paus, Eva A.
- 447-463 Co-Governance for Accountability: Beyond "Exit" and "Voice"
by Ackerman, John
- 465-477 Social Rights and Economics: Claims to Health Care and Education in Developing Countries
by Gauri, Varun
- 479-490 Capital Controls and Foreign Direct Investment
by Asiedu, Elizabeth & Lien, Donald
- 491-503 The Determinants of Private Saving in India
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal
- 505-517 E-Business and Export Behavior: Evidence from Indian Firms
by Lal, K.
- 519-536 Competition and Coordination in Liberalized African Cotton Market Systems
by Poulton, Colin & Gibbon, Peter & Hanyani-Mlambo, Benjamine & Kydd, Jonathan & Maro, Wilbald & Larsen, Marianne Nylandsted & Osorio, Afonso & Tschirley, David & Zulu, Ballard
- 537-553 Land Reform in Zimbabwe: Challenges and Opportunities for Poverty Reduction Among Commercial Farm Workers
by Waeterloos, Evert & Rutherford, Blair
- 555-560 "Role of Transnational Corporations in the Evolution of a High-Tech Industry: The Case of India's Software Industry"--A Comment
by Athreye, Suma S.
- 561-566 "Role of Transnational Corporations in the Evolution of a High-Tech Industry: The Case of India's Software Industry"--A Reply
by Patibandla, Murali & Petersen, Bent
2004, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 191-212 Solutions When the Solution is the Problem: Arraying the Disarray in Development
by Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael
- 213-232 Administrative Reform as Credible Commitment: The Impact of Autonomy on Revenue Authority Performance in Latin America
by Taliercio, Robert Jr.
- 233-249 Who Talks with Whom? The Role of Repeated Interactions in Decentralized Forest Governance
by Andersson, Krister P.
- 251-271 Constraints on Collective Action in a Transitional Economy: The Case of Bulgaria's Irrigation Sector
by Theesfeld, Insa
- 273-288 Do Community-based Health Insurance Schemes Improve Poor People's Access to Health Care? Evidence From Rural Senegal
by Jutting, Johannes P.
- 289-304 The Demand for Medical Care in Urban China
by Mocan, H. Naci & Tekin, Erdal & Zax, Jeffrey S.
- 305-326 Industrial Clusters, Knowledge Integration and Performance
by Morosini, Piero
- 327-327 Introduction
by Baldacchino, Godfrey
- 329-341 Small Island Nations and Democratic Values
by Srebrnik, Henry
- 343-364 On the Convergence of Small Island Economies with Their Metropolitan Patrons
by Bertram, Geoffrey
- 365-378 The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States
by Read, Robert
- 379-390 Direct Democracy in Microstates and Small Island States
by Anckar, Dag
2004, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-13 The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: A Production Function Approach
by Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee
- 15-22 Rethinking the Brain Drain
by Stark, Oded
- 23-51 Urban Growth in Developing Countries: A Review of Current Trends and a Caution Regarding Existing Forecasts
by Cohen, Barney
- 53-71 Corruption in Public Service Delivery: Experience from South Asia's Water and Sanitation Sector
by Davis, Jennifer
- 73-89 A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth
by Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian
- 91-119 Measuring the Impacts of Working-Age Adult Mortality on Small-Scale Farm Households in Kenya
by Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, T. S.
- 121-136 Escaping Poverty and Becoming Poor: Who Gains, Who Loses, and Why?
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 137-157 Agricultural Expansion, Resource Booms and Growth in Latin America: Implications for Long-run Economic Development
by Barbier, Edward B.
- 159-172 Conceptualizing Interventions to Support On-Farm Genetic Resource Conservation
by Bellon, Mauricio R.
- 173-190 Deforestation and Carbon Emissions at Tropical Frontiers: A Case Study from the Peruvian Amazon
by Naughton-Treves, Lisa
2003, Volume 31, Issue 12
- 1959-1975 The Impact of Research-Led Agricultural Productivity Growth on Poverty Reduction in Africa, Asia and Latin America
by Thirtle, Colin & Lin, Lin & Piesse, Jenifer
- 1977-1995 Globalization as a Development Strategy in Latin America?
by Sanchez, Omar
- 1997-2011 Social Services and The GATS: Key Issues and Concerns
by Chanda, Rupa
- 2013-2026 At the Nexus of Human Rights and Development: New Methods and Strategies of Global NGOs
by Nelson, Paul J. & Dorsey, Ellen
- 2027-2048 Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Selected Middle East and North Africa Countries, 1980-2000
by Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John
- 2049-2060 Purchasing Power Parity in Developing Countries: Multi-Period Evidence Under the Current Float
by Alba, Joseph D. & Park, Donghyun
- 2061-2084 Limits to Alternative Forms of Capitalization: The Case of Anatolian Holding Companies
by Ozcan, Gul Berna & Cokgezen, Murat
- 2085-2114 Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior
by Vogelgesang, Ulrike
- 2115-2127 Bt Cotton in India: Field Trial Results and Economic Projections
by Qaim, Matin
- 2129-2142 Property Rights Reform in Rangeland China: Dilemmas On the Road to the Household Ranch
by Banks, Tony
- 2143-2160 Capturing the Value of Forest Carbon for Local Livelihoods
by Smith, Joyotee & Scherr, Sara J.
- 2161-2171 An Ecological Footprint Approach to External Debt Relief
by Torras, Mariano
- 2173-2173 Erratum to "Local Government Borrowing and Repayment in Indonesia: Does Fiscal Capacity Matter?" World Development 31(6), pp. 1047-1063 (2003)
by Lewis, B. D.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 11
- 1771-1792 Arab External Investments: Relation to National Wealth, Estimation, and Consequences
by Sadik, Ali T. & Bolbol, Ali A.
- 1793-1807 Savings, Growth and the Resource Curse Hypothesis
by Atkinson, Giles & Hamilton, Kirk
- 1809-1827 The African Growth and Opportunity Act and the Global Commodity Chain for Clothing
by Gibbon, Peter
- 1829-1843 Adapting to the Financial Landscape: Evidence from Small Firms in Nairobi
by Vandenberg, Paul
- 1845-1863 Research as Capacity Building: The Case of an NGO Facilitated Post-Harvest Innovation System for the Himalayan Hills
by Clark, Norman & Hall, Andy & Sulaiman, Rasheed & Naik, Guru
- 1865-1872 Poverty and Environment in Latin America: Concepts, Evidence and Policy Implications
by Swinton, Scott M. & Escobar, German & Reardon, Thomas
- 1873-1887 Are Nontimber Forest Products the Antidote to Rainforest Degradation? Brazil Nut Extraction in Madre De Dios, Peru
by Escobal, Javier & Aldana, Ursula
- 1889-1901 Rights to Forest Products, Deforestation and Smallholder Income: Evidence from the Western Brazilian Amazon
by Vosti, Stephen A. & Braz, Evaldo Munoz & Carpentier, Chantal Line & d'Oliveira, Marcus V. N. & Witcover, Julie
- 1903-1919 Is Poverty to Blame for Soil, Pasture and Forest Degradation in Peru's Altiplano?
by Swinton, Scott M. & Quiroz, Roberto
- 1921-1931 Designing Policies to Reduce Rural Poverty and Environmental Degradation in a Hillside Zone of the Colombian Andes
by Agudelo, Camilo & Rivera, Bernardo & Tapasco, Jeimar & Estrada, Ruben
- 1933-1946 Poverty and Environmental Degradation in the Nicaraguan Hillsides
by Ravnborg, Helle Munk
- 1947-1957 Poverty-Environment Patterns in a Growing Economy: Farming Communities in Arid Central Chile, 1991-99
by Bahamondes, Miguel
2003, Volume 31, Issue 10
- 1617-1633 Winners and Losers: Assessing the Distributional Impact of Privatization
by Birdsall, Nancy & Nellis, John
- 1635-1654 Prospective Aid and Indebtedness Relief: A Proposal
by berlage, Lodewijk & cassimon, Danny & dreze, Jacques & Reding, Paul
- 1655-1672 Pragmatism and the Gradual Shift from Dependency to Neoliberalism: The World Bank, African Leaders and Development Policy in Africa
by Owusu, Francis
- 1673-1685 Cointegration Tests of Purchasing Power Parity in Africa
by Kargbo, Joseph M.
- 1687-1703 The Risk of Resource Misappropriation in Community-Driven Development
by Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Gaspart, Frederic
- 1705-1720 African Enclosures: A Default Mode of Development
by Woodhouse, Philip
- 1721-1741 Sustainability Analysis of Ecological and Conventional Agricultural Systems in Bangladesh
by Rasul, Golam & Thapa, Gopal B.
- 1743-1757 A Paradox of Learning in Project Cycle Management and the Role of Organizational Culture
by Biggs, Stephen & Smith, Sally
- 1759-1769 Ancillary Benefits of Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Transitional Economies
by Dudek, Dan & Golub, Alexander & Strukova, Elena
2003, Volume 31, Issue 9
- 1477-1494 Assessing the Value of Climate Forecast Information for Pastoralists: Evidence from Southern Ethiopia and Northern Kenya
by Luseno, Winnie K. & McPeak, John G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Little, Peter D. & Gebru, Getachew
- 1495-1510 Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Malawi
by Ellis, Frank & Kutengule, Milton & Nyasulu, Alfred
- 1511-1526 A Gendered Value Chain Approach to Codes of Conduct in African Horticulture
by Barrientos, Stephanie & Dolan, Catherine & Tallontire, Anne
- 1527-1548 Does Foreign Aid Promote Privatization? Empirical Evidence from Developing Countries
by Ghosh Banerjee, Sudeshna & Rondinelli, Dennis A.
- 1549-1566 The Making of the Turkish Financial Crisis
by Akyuz, Yilmaz & Boratav, Korkut
- 1567-1580 Microenterprise Development Programs in the United States and in the Developing World
by Schreiner, Mark & Woller, Gary
- 1581-1595 The Impacts of Trade on the Brazilian Labor Market: A CGE Model Approach
by Carneiro, Francisco Galrao & Arbache, Jorge Saba
- 1597-1616 Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth
by Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & McNab, Robert M.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 8
- 1325-1342 Whose Voices? Whose Choices? Reflections on Gender and Participatory Development
by Cornwall, Andrea
- 1343-1366 Transition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Agriculture, Urbanization and Income Growth
by Tiffen, Mary
- 1367-1384 Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Tanzania
by Ellis, Frank & Mdoe, Ntengua
- 1385-1404 Determinants and Impacts of Rural Land Market Activity: Evidence from Nicaragua
by Deininger, Klaus & Zegarra, Eduardo & Lavadenz, Isabel
- 1405-1419 Consumption and Vulnerability Among Foragers and Horticulturalists in the Rainforest of Honduras
by Wong, Grace Y. & Godoy, Ricardo
- 1421-1441 Bridging the Economic Divide Within Countries: A Scorecard on the Performance of Regional Policies in Reducing Regional Income Disparities
by Shankar, Raja & Shah, Anwar
- 1443-1458 Trade Liberalization and Innovation Decisions of Firms: Lessons from Post-1980 Turkey
by Pamukcu, Teoman
- 1459-1467 Fiscal Corruption: A Vice or a Virtue?
by Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Tungodden, Bertil
- 1469-1472 "Fiscal Corruption: A Vice or a Virtue?"--A Comment
by Chand, Sheetal K. & Moene, Karl Ove & Mookherjee, Dilip
- 1473-1475 "Fiscal Corruption: A Vice or a Virtue"--A Reply
by Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Tungodden, Bertil
2003, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 1087-1102 Economic Crises and Natural Disasters: Coping Strategies and Policy Implications
by Skoufias, Emmanuel
- 1103-1124 El Nino or El Peso? Crisis, Poverty and Income Distribution in the Philippines
by Datt, Gaurav & Hoogeveen, Hans
- 1125-1145 Adjustment with a Human Face? Evidence from Jamaica
by Handa, Sudhanshu & King, Damien
- 1147-1163 Social Capital and Coping with Economic Shocks: An Analysis of Stunting of South African Children
by Carter, Michael R. & Maluccio, John A.
- 1165-1178 School Attendance, Child Labor and Local Labor Market Fluctuations in Urban Brazil
by Duryea, Suzanne & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- 1179-1199 How do Households Cope with Aggregate Shocks? Evidence from the Mexican Peso Crisis
by McKenzie, David J.
- 1201-1220 AIDS-Induced Orphanhood as a Systemic Shock: Magnitude, Impact, and Program Interventions in Africa
by Deininger, Klaus & Garcia, Marito & Subbarao, K.
- 1221-1238 Public Policy, Markets and Household Coping Strategies in Bangladesh: Avoiding a Food Security Crisis Following the 1998 Floods
by Del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Smith, Lisa C.
- 1239-1255 Ex-Ante Actions and Ex-Post Public Responses to Drought Shocks: Evidence and Simulations from Zimbabwe
by Owens, Trudy & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill
- 1257-1277 Safety Nets or Safety Ropes? Dynamic Benefit Incidence of Two Crisis Programs in Indonesia
by Sumarto, Sudarno & Suryahadi, Asep & Pritchett, Lant
- 1279-1289 The Allocation of Natural Disaster Relief Funds: Hurricane Mitch in Honduras
by Morris, Saul S. & Wodon, Quentin
- 1291-1307 Is the Calorie-Income Elasticity Sensitive to Price Changes? Evidence from Indonesia
by Skoufias, Emmanuel
- 1309-1324 Food Aid and Child Nutrition in Rural Ethiopia
by Quisumbing, Agnes R.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 925-947 The Gender Asset Gap: Land in Latin America
by Deere, Carmen Diana & Leon, Magdalena
- 949-975 When Fishery Rhymes with Poverty: A First Step Beyond the Old Paradigm on Poverty in Small-Scale Fisheries
by Bene, Christophe
- 977-996 Against the Privatization of Water: An Indigenous Model for Improving Existing Laws and Successfully Governing the Commons
by Trawick, Paul
- 997-1013 Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Uganda
by Ellis, Frank & Bahiigwa, Godfrey
- 1015-1031 Political Commitment to Reform: Civil Service Reform in Swaziland
by McCourt, Willy
- 1033-1046 Anchors Away: The Cost and Benefits of Brazil's Devaluation
by Amann, Edmund & Baer, Werner
- 1047-1063 Local Government Borrowing and Repayment in Indonesia: Does Fiscal Capacity Matter?
by Lewis, Blane D.
- 1065-1084 Are Investments in Daughters Lower when Daughters Move Away? Evidence from Indonesia
by Levine, David & Kevane, Michael
2003, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 757-779 Conservation Policy in Brazilian Amazonia: Understanding the Dilemmas
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 781-795 Managing the Pitfalls of Participatory Development: Some Insight from Australia
by Eversole, Robyn
- 797-812 Boundaries of Consent: Stakeholder Representation in River Basin Management in Mexico and South Africa
by Wester, Philippus & Merrey, Douglas J. & de Lange, Marna
- 813-829 Accountability In Practice: Mechanisms for NGOs
by Ebrahim, Alnoor
- 831-845 Integrated Pest Management for Resource-Poor African Farmers: Is the Emperor Naked?
by Orr, Alastair
- 847-863 U-Turns and Full Circles: Two Decades of Agricultural Reform in Malawi 1981-2000
by Harrigan, Jane
- 865-879 Engendering Social Capital: Women Workers and Rural-Urban Networks in Indonesia's Crisis
by Silvey, Rachel & Elmhirst, Rebecca
- 881-901 A Profile of Women's Work Participation Among the Urban Poor of Dhaka
by Salway, Sarah & Rahman, Shahana & Jesmin, Sonia
- 903-923 Socially Embedding the Commodity Chain: An Exercise in Relation to Coir Yarn Spinning in Southern India
by Rammohan, K. T. & Sundaresan, R.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 667-683 The Two Faces of Globalization: Against Globalization as We Know It
by Milanovic, Branko
- 685-701 How Citizens Participate in Macroeconomic Policy: International Experience and Implications for Poverty Reduction
by Brinkerhoff, Derick W. & Goldsmith, Arthur A.
- 703-715 Patronage, Per Diems and the "Workshop Mentality": The Practice of Family Planning Programs in Southeastern Nigeria
by Jordan Smith, Daniel
- 717-732 Can GM-Technologies Help the Poor? The Impact of Bt Cotton in Makhathini Flats, KwaZulu-Natal
by Thirtle, Colin & Beyers, Lindie & Ismael, Yousouf & Piesse, Jenifer
- 733-741 Agricultural Research and Urban Poverty: The Case of China
by Fan, Shenggen & Fang, Cheng & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 743-754 Complementing Empirical Evidence on Global Recycling and Trade of Waste Paper
by Berglund, Christer & Soderholm, Patrik
- 755-756 Complementing Empirical Evidence on Global Recycling and Trade of Waste Paper: A Reply
by van Beukering, Pieter J. H. & Bouman, Mathijs N.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 399-402 Chronic Poverty and Development Policy: An Introduction
by Hulme, David
- 403-423 Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty
by Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew
- 425-439 Assessing the Extent and Nature of Chronic Poverty in Low Income Countries: Issues and Evidence
by Mckay, Andrew & Lawson, David
- 441-453 Do Monetary and Nonmonetary Indicators Tell the Same Story About Chronic Poverty? A Study of Vietnam in the 1990s
by Baulch, Bob & Masset, Edoardo
- 455-471 Staying Secure, Staying Poor: The "Faustian Bargain"
by Wood, Geof
- 473-490 Chronic Poverty in South Africa: Incidence, Causes and Policies
by Aliber, Michael
- 491-511 Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies
by Kapur Mehta, Aasha & Shah, Amita
- 513-534 Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh
by Sen, Binayak
- 535-554 Enduring Poverty and the Conditions of Childhood: Lifecourse and Intergenerational Poverty Transmissions
by Harper, Caroline & Marcus, Rachel & Moore, Karen
- 555-570 Old Age Poverty in Developing Countries: Contributions and Dependence in Later Life
by Barrientos, Armando & Gorman, Mark & Heslop, Amanda
- 571-590 Including Disabled People in Poverty Reduction Work: "Nothing About Us, Without Us"
by Yeo, Rebecca & Moore, Karen
- 591-610 Livelihoods and Chronic Poverty in Semi-Arid Zimbabwe
by Bird, Kate & Shepherd, Andrew
- 611-628 Vulnerability and Chronic Poverty in Rural Sichuan
by McCulloch, Neil & Calandrino, Michele
- 629-646 Enduring Disorder and Persistent Poverty: A Review of the Linkages Between War and Chronic Poverty
by Goodhand, Jonathan
- 647-665 Programs for the Poorest: Learning from the IGVGD Program in Bangladesh
by Matin, Imran & Hulme, David
2003, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 227-257 "Miracle Growth" in the Twentieth Century--International Comparisons of East Asian Development
by Hsiao, Frank S. T. & Hsiao, Mei-chu W.
- 259-280 The Policy Roots of Socioeconomic Stagnation and Environmental Implosion: Latin America 1950-2000
by Lopez, Ramon
- 281-301 Puerto Rico in the Post War: Liberalized Development Banking and the Fall of the "Fifth Tiger"
by Padin, Jose A.
- 303-323 Support for Economic Reform? Popular Attitudes in Southern Africa
by Bratton, Michael & Mattes, Robert
- 325-337 Balancing Rural Poverty Reduction and Citizen Participation: The Contradictions of Uganda's Decentralization Program
by Francis, Paul & James, Robert
- 339-358 The Determinants of Poverty in Malawi, 1998
by Mukherjee, Sanjukta & Benson, Todd