Wishful thinking or wise policy? Theorising tourism-led inclusive growth: Supply chains and host communities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paus, Eva, 1995. "Exports, economic growth and the consolidation of peace in El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2173-2193, December.
- World Bank, 2018. "Riding the Wave," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 28878, December.
- Mr. Alexei P Kireyev, 2017. "Djibouti’s Quest for Inclusive Growth," IMF Working Papers 2017/270, International Monetary Fund.
- Iwata, Kazumasa & Jean, Sébastien & Kastrop, Christian & Loewald, Chris & Véron, Nicolas, 2018. "T20 resilience and inclusive growth," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel), vol. 12, pages 1-10.
- Mark P. Hampton & Julia Jeyacheya & Pham Hong Long, 2018. "Can Tourism Promote Inclusive Growth? Supply Chains, Ownership and Employment in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(2), pages 359-376, February.
- Donna Lee & Mark Hampton & Julia Jeyacheya, 2015. "The political economy of precarious work in the tourism industry in small island developing states," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 194-223, February.
- Kunal Sen, 2014. "Inclusive Growth: When May We Expect It? When May We Not?," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 31(1), pages 136-162, March.
- Jingyang Chen & Mr. Alexei P Kireyev, 2017. "Inclusive Growth Framework," IMF Working Papers 2017/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Fangnan Cui & Yaolong Liu & Yuanyuan Chang & Jin Duan & Jizu Li, 2016. "An overview of tourism risk perception," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 82(1), pages 643-658, May.
- Naudé, Wim & Nagler, Paula, 2017. "Technological Innovation and Inclusive Growth in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 11194, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Laurent Corthay & Jan Loeprick, 2010. "Taxing Tourism in Developing Countries : Principles for Improving the Investment Climate Through Simple, Fair, and Transparent Taxation," World Bank Publications - Reports 10485, The World Bank Group.
- Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Coxhead, Ian, 2008.
"Is tourism-based development good for the poor?: A general equilibrium analysis for Thailand,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 929-955.
- Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Coxhead, Ian A., 2006. "Is Tourism-Based Development Good for the Poor? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Thailand," Staff Papers 10279, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Coxhead, Ian, 2006. "Is Tourism-Based Development Good for the Poor? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Thailand," Staff Paper Series 502, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Blake, Adam & Arbache, Jorge Saba & Sinclair, Thea & Teles, Vladimir Kuhl, 2010. "Tourism and poverty relief," Textos para discussão 237, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Gerard George & Anita M. McGahan & Jaideep Prabhu, 2012. "Innovation for Inclusive Growth: Towards a Theoretical Framework and a Research Agenda," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 661-683, June.
- Zibei Chen & Minchao Jin, 2017. "Financial Inclusion in China: Use of Credit," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 528-540, December.
- Mr. Alexei P Kireyev, 2017. "Growth Inclusiveness in Djibouti," IMF Working Papers 2017/093, International Monetary Fund.
- Tim Bunnell & Hamzah Muzaini & James D. Sidaway, 2006. "Global City Frontiers: Singapore's Hinterland and the Contested Socio‐political Geographies of Bintan, Indonesia," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 3-22, March.
- Li, Hengyun & Chen, Jason Li & Li, Gang & Goh, Carey, 2016. "Tourism and regional income inequality: Evidence from China," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 81-99.
- P K Mishra & Himanshu B. Rout & Sanghamitra, 2016. "Tourism in Odisha: An Engine of Long Run Growth," Journal of Tourism Management Research, Conscientia Beam, vol. 3(2), pages 74-84.
- Jeremy Hall & Stelvia Matos & Lorn Sheehan & Bruno Silvestre, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Base of the Pyramid: A Recipe for Inclusive Growth or Social Exclusion?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 785-812, June.
- JanezMekinc & Iztok Boncina, 2016. "Safety and Security in Space Tourism," Academica Turistica - Tourism and Innovation Journal, University of Primorska Press, vol. 9(2), pages 13-25.
- Alfredo Saad-Filho, 2010. "Growth, Poverty and Inequality: From Washington Consensus to Inclusive Growth," Working Papers 100, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Joyeeta Gupta & Nicky R M Pouw & Mirjam A F Ros-Tonen, 2015. "Towards an Elaborated Theory of Inclusive Development," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 27(4), pages 541-559, September.
- Stiglitz, J.E., 2016. "An agenda for sustainable and inclusive growth for emerging markets," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 693-710.
- Hampton, Mark P. & Jeyacheya, Julia, 2015. "Power, Ownership and Tourism in Small Islands: Evidence from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 481-495.
- Rafael Ranieri & Raquel Almeida Ramos, 2013. "Inclusive Growth: Building up a Concept," Working Papers 104, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nyoni, Thabani, 2021. "Modeling and forecasting international tourism demand in Zimbabwe: a bright future for Zimbabwe's tourism industry," MPRA Paper 110901, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Dec 2021.
- Rohit Agrawal & Abhijit Majumdar & Kirty Majumdar & Rakesh D. Raut & Balkrishna E. Narkhede, 2022. "Attaining sustainable development goals (SDGs) through supply chain practices and business strategies: A systematic review with bibliometric and network analyses," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7), pages 3669-3687, November.
- Cathrine Linnes & Jerome Agrusa & Giulio Ronzoni & Joseph Lema, 2022. "What Tourists Want, a Sustainable Paradise," Tourism and Hospitality, MDPI, vol. 3(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Fátima Farinha & David Bienvenido-Huertas & Manuel Duarte Pinheiro & Elisa M. J. Silva & Rui Lança & Miguel José Oliveira & Ricardo Batista, 2021. "Sustainable Competitiveness of Tourism in the Algarve Region. Critical Stakeholders’ Perception of the Supply Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(11), pages 1-24, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Andrei Leonidov & Mr. Alexei P Kireyev, 2020. "Operationalizing Inclusive Growth: Per-Percentile Diagnostics to Inform Redistribution Policies," IMF Working Papers 2020/050, International Monetary Fund.
- Mario Pansera & Fabien Martinez, 2017. "Innovation for development and poverty reduction: an integrative literature review," Post-Print hal-02887777, HAL.
- Yuka Fujimoto & Jasim Uddin, 2022. "Inclusive Leadership for Reduced Inequality: Economic–Social–Economic Cycle of Inclusion," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 181(3), pages 563-582, December.
- Aguirre-Bastos, Carlos & Weber, Matthias K., 2018. "Foresight for shaping national innovation systems in developing economies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 186-196.
- Gu, Xinhua & Li, Guoqiang & Chang, Xiao & Guo, Haizhen, 2017. "Casino tourism, economic inequality, and housing bubbles," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 253-263.
- Jianghua Zhou & Hao Jiao & Jizhen Li, 2017. "Providing Appropriate Technology for Emerging Markets: Case Study on China’s Solar Thermal Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-21, January.
- Robertico Croes & Manuel A. Rivera, 2017. "Tourismâ€™s potential to benefit the poor," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(1), pages 29-48, February.
- Shaker A. Zahra & Mike Wright, 2016. "Understanding the Social Role of Entrepreneurship," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 610-629, June.
- Mirjalili, Seyed Hossein & Mohseni Charaghlou, Amin & Safari, Omid, 2017. "Inclusive Growth in Iran's Provinces (2004 -2015)," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 5-27.
- Bertrand V. Quélin & Ilze Kivleniece & Sergio Lazzarini, 2017. "Public-Private Collaboration, Hybridity and Social Value: Towards New Theoretical Perspectives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(6), pages 763-792, September.
- Mortazavi, Sina & Eslami, Mohammad H. & Hajikhani, Arash & Väätänen, Juha, 2021. "Mapping inclusive innovation: A bibliometric study and literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 736-750.
- Onwuegbuzie, Henrietta N. & Mafimisebi, Oluwasoye P., 2021. "Global relevance of scaling African indigenous entrepreneurship," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 166(C).
- Neil Lee, 2019.
"Inclusive Growth in cities: a sympathetic critique,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(3), pages 424-434, March.
- Lee, Neil, 2018. "Inclusive growth in cities: a sympathetic critique," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 87881, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Addisu A. Lashitew & Somendra Narayan & Eugenia Rosca & Lydia Bals, 2022. "Creating Social Value for the ‘Base of the Pyramid’: An Integrative Review and Research Agenda," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 178(2), pages 445-466, June.
- Inchausti-Sintes, Federico, 2015. "Tourism: Economic growth, employment and Dutch Disease," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 172-189.
- Dreyer, Betine & Lüdeke-Freund, Florian & Hamann, Ralph & Faccer, Kristy, 2017. "Upsides and downsides of the sharing economy: Collaborative consumption business models' stakeholder value impacts and their relationship to context," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 87-104.
- James Wangu & Ellen Mangnus & A.C.M. (Guus) van Westen, 2020. "Limitations of Inclusive Agribusiness in Contributing to Food and Nutrition Security in a Smallholder Community. A Case of Mango Initiative in Makueni County, Kenya," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(14), pages 1-23, July.
- Pansera, Mario & Owen, Richard, 2015. "Framing resource-constrained innovation at the ‘bottom of the pyramid’: Insights from an ethnographic case study in rural Bangladesh," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 300-311.
- Jie Wu & Steven Si & Haifeng Yan, 2022. "Reducing poverty through the shared economy: creating inclusive entrepreneurship around institutional voids in China," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(2), pages 155-183, April.
- Rakhshanda Khan, 2016. "How Frugal Innovation Promotes Social Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 8(10), pages 1-29, October.
More about this item
KeywordsInclusive growth; Tourism development; Poverty alleviation; Economic linkages; South-East Asia;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:131:y:2020:i:c:s0305750x20300863. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.