Innovation for development and poverty reduction: an integrative literature review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ted London & Stuart L Hart, 2004. "Reinventing strategies for emerging markets: beyond the transnational model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 350-370, September.
- Weidner, Kelly L. & Rosa, José Antonio & Viswanathan, Madhu, 2010. "Marketing to subsistence consumers: Lessons from practice," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(6), pages 559-569, June.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 2011. "Schumacher meets Schumpeter: Appropriate technology below the radar," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 193-203, March.
- Kim, Linsu, 1980. "Stages of development of industrial technology in a developing country: A model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 254-277, July.
- Ganesh Rauniyar & Ravi Kanbur, 2010. "Inclusive growth and inclusive development: a review and synthesis of Asian Development Bank literature," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 455-469.
- Ulrike Krause, 2013. "Innovation: The new Big Push or the Post-Development alternative?," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 56(2), pages 223-226, June.
- Gerard George & Anita M. McGahan & Jaideep Prabhu, 2012. "Innovation for Inclusive Growth: Towards a Theoretical Framework and a Research Agenda," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 661-683, June.
- Minna Halme & Sara Lindeman & Paula Linna, 2012. "Innovation for Inclusive Business: Intrapreneurial Bricolage in Multinational Corporations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 743-784, June.
- Christopher Foster & Richard Heeks, 2013. "Conceptualising Inclusive Innovation: Modifying Systems of Innovation Frameworks to Understand Diffusion of New Technology to Low-Income Consumers," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 25(3), pages 333-355, July.
- Bill Hopwood & Mary Mellor & Geoff O'Brien, 2005. "Sustainable development: mapping different approaches," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 38-52.
- Mariano Fressoli & Elisa Arond & Dinesh Abrol & Adrian Smith & Adrian Ely & Rafael Dias, 2014. "When grassroots innovation movements encounter mainstream institutions: implications for models of inclusive innovation," Innovation and Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 277-292, October.
- Susan E Cozzens, 2007. "Distributive justice in science and technology policy," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 85-94, March.
- Gupta, Anil K., 2010. "Empathetic Innovations: Connections across Boundaries," IIMA Working Papers WP2010-09-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Seyfang, Gill & Longhurst, Noel, 2013. "Growing green money? Mapping community currencies for sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 65-77.
- Richard Heeks & Christopher Foster & Yanuar Nugroho, 2014. "New models of inclusive innovation for development," Innovation and Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 175-185, October.
- R. Kaplinsky, 2000. "Globalisation and Unequalisation: What Can Be Learned from Value Chain Analysis?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 117-146.
- Bob Thomson, 2011. "Pachakuti: Indigenous perspectives, buen vivir, sumaq kawsay and degrowth," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 54(4), pages 448-454, December.
- Hoegl, Martin & Gibbert, Michael & Mazursky, David, 2008. "Financial constraints in innovation projects: When is less more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1382-1391, September.
- Bengt-Åke Lundvall & K. J. Joseph & Cristina Chaminade & Jan Vang (ed.), 2009. "Handbook of Innovation Systems and Developing Countries," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12943.
- Fu, Xiaolan & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Soete, Luc, 2011. "The Role of Foreign Technology and Indigenous Innovation in the Emerging Economies: Technological Change and Catching-up," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1204-1212, July.
- Michael Guth, 2005. "Innovation, social inclusion and coherent regional development: a new diamond for a socially inclusive innovation policy in regions," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 333-349, January.
- Jeremy Hall & Stelvia Matos & Lorn Sheehan & Bruno Silvestre, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Base of the Pyramid: A Recipe for Inclusive Growth or Social Exclusion?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 785-812, June.
- Ignacy SACHS, 2004. "Inclusive development and decent work for all," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 143(1-2), pages 161-184, March.
- Ravi Kanbur & Ganesh Rauniyar, 2010. "Conceptualizing inclusive development: with applications to rural infrastructure and development assistance," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 437-454.
- Sesan, Temilade & Raman, Sujatha & Clifford, Mike & Forbes, Ian, 2013. "Corporate-Led Sustainable Development and Energy Poverty Alleviation at the Bottom of the Pyramid: The Case of the CleanCook in Nigeria," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 137-146.
- Jaiswal, A. K., 2007. "Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: An Alternative Perspective," IIMA Working Papers WP2007-07-13, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter, 2003. "Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 277-300, February.
- Roland Bardy & Stephen Drew & Tumenta Kennedy, 2012. "Foreign Investment and Ethics: How to Contribute to Social Responsibility by Doing Business in Less-Developed Countries," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 106(3), pages 267-282, March.
- Rodrigo Arocena & Judith Sutz, 2000. "Looking At National Systems Of Innovation From The South," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 55-75.
- Baker, Ted & Miner, Anne S. & Eesley, Dale T., 2003. "Improvising firms: bricolage, account giving and improvisational competencies in the founding process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 255-276, February.
- Martha Reeves & Neha Sabharwal, 2013. "Microfinance and mobile banking for the bottom of the pyramid," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 155-166, May.
- Anil K. Gupta, 2012. "Innovations for the poor by the poor," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 28-39.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felix Ouko Opola & Laurens Klerkx & Cees Leeuwis & Catherine Kilelu, 0. "The Hybridity of Inclusive Innovation Narratives Between Theory and Practice: A Framing Analysis," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 0, pages 1-23.
- Zameer, Hashim & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Vo, Xuan Vinh, 2020. "Reinforcing poverty alleviation efficiency through technological innovation, globalization, and financial development," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pansera, Mario & Owen, Richard, 2015. "Framing resource-constrained innovation at the ‘bottom of the pyramid’: Insights from an ethnographic case study in rural Bangladesh," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 300-311.
- Mario Pansera & Soumodip Sarkar, 2016. "Crafting Sustainable Development Solutions: Frugal Innovations of Grassroots Entrepreneurs," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-25, January.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:1:p:51:d:61840 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pansera, Mario & Owen, Richard, 2018. "Framing inclusive innovation within the discourse of development: Insights from case studies in India," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 23-34.
- Raja Usman Khalid & Stefan Seuring, 2019. "Analyzing Base-of-the-Pyramid Research from a (Sustainable) Supply Chain Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 663-686, March.
- Sarkar, Soumodip & Pansera, Mario, 2017. "Sustainability-driven innovation at the bottom: Insights from grassroots ecopreneurs," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 327-338.
- Albert, Martin, 2016. "Concepts of innovation for and from emerging markets," Working Papers of the Chair for Innovation Research and Technology Management (BWL IX) 9-1, Chemnitz University of Technology, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Kalogerakis, Katharina, 2016. "A bibliometric analysis of academic papers on frugal innovation," Working Papers 93, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Michael D. van der Merwe & Sara S. Grobbelaar & Cornelius S. L. Schutte & Konrad H. von Leipzig, 2018. "Toward an Enterprise Growth Framework for Entering the Base of the Pyramid Market: A Systematic Review," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(04), pages 1-34, August.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Maria Savona & Jodie Thorpe & Seife Ayele, 2018. "Innovation for Inclusive Structural Change. A Framework and Research Agenda," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-04, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Suresh Malodia & Shaphali Gupta & Anand Kumar Jaiswal, 2020. "Reverse innovation: a conceptual framework," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 48(5), pages 1009-1029, September.
- Woodson, Thomas & Alcantara, Julia Torres & do Nascimento, Milena Silva, 2019. "Is 3D printing an inclusive innovation?: An examination of 3D printing in Brazil," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 80, pages 54-62.
- Gerard George & Rekha Rao-Nicholson & Christopher Corbishley & Rahul Bansal, 2015. "Institutional entrepreneurship, governance, and poverty: Insights from emergency medical response servicesin India," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 39-65, March.
- Mortazavi, Sina & Eslami, Mohammad H. & Hajikhani, Arash & Väätänen, Juha, 2021. "Mapping inclusive innovation: A bibliometric study and literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 736-750.
- Ans Kolk & Miguel Rivera-Santos & Carlos Rufín, 2018. "Multinationals, international business, and poverty: A cross-disciplinary research overview and conceptual framework," Journal of International Business Policy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 1(1), pages 92-115, June.
- Cieslik, Katarzyna, 2016. "Moral Economy Meets Social Enterprise Community-Based Green Energy Project in Rural Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 12-26.
- Amrita Saha & Tommaso Ciarli, 2018. "Innovation, Structural Change, and Inclusion. A Cross Country PVAR Analysis," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-01, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Aguirre-Bastos, Carlos & Weber, Matthias K., 2018. "Foresight for shaping national innovation systems in developing economies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 186-196.
- Gras, David & Nason, Robert S., 2015. "Bric by bric: The role of the family household in sustaining a venture in impoverished Indian slums," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 546-563.
- Jaideep Prabhu & Sanjay Jain, 2015. "Innovation and entrepreneurship in India: Understanding jugaad," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 843-868, December.
- Marlen Gabriele Arnold, 2017. "Inklusive Wertschöpfung auf BOP Märkten [Inclusive value creation in BOP markets]," NachhaltigkeitsManagementForum | Sustainability Management Forum, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 25-32, June.
More about this item
Keywordsliterature review; innovation; sustainability; development; emerging economies;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-02887777. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.