Schumacher meets Schumpeter: Appropriate technology below the radar
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Dew-Becker & Robert J. Gordon, 2005.
"Where Did the Productivity Growth Go? Inflation Dynamics and the Distribution of Income,"
NBER Working Papers
11842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dew-Becker, Ian & Gordon, Robert J, 2005. "Where did the Productivity Growth Go? Inflation Dynamics and the Distribution of Income," CEPR Discussion Papers 5419, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael & Terheggen, Anne & Tijaja, Julia, 2010. "What happens when the market shifts to China ? the Gabon timber and Thai cassava value chains," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5206, The World Bank.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Samuel Hollander, 1965. "The Sources of Increased Efficiency: A Study of DuPont Rayon Plants," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026258235x, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:6:p:1045-1059 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2255-:d:155404 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jianghua Zhou & Hao Jiao & Jizhen Li, 2017. "Providing Appropriate Technology for Emerging Markets: Case Study on China’s Solar Thermal Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-21, January.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:30:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41287-017-0106-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben R. Martin, 2016.
"Twenty challenges for innovation studies,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 432-450.
- Ben R. Martin, 2013. "Twenty Challenges for Innovation Studies," Working Papers wp443, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ben R. Martin, 2015. "Twenty Challenges for Innovation Studies," Working Papers wp475, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ben R. Martin, 2015. "Twenty Challenges for Innovation Studies," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-30, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Albert, Martin, 2016. "Concepts of innovation for and from emerging markets," Working Papers of the Chair for Innovation Research and Technology Management (BWL IX) 9-1, Chemnitz University of Technology, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Mario Pansera & Soumodip Sarkar, 2016. "Crafting Sustainable Development Solutions: Frugal Innovations of Grassroots Entrepreneurs," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Anil Nair & Orhun Guldiken & Stav Fainshmidt & Amir Pezeshkan, 2015. "Innovation in India: A review of past research and future directions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 925-958, December.
- Iizuka, Michiko, 2013. "Innovation systems framework: still useful in the new global context?," MERIT Working Papers 005, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- repec:eee:enepol:v:117:y:2018:i:c:p:326-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarkar, Soumodip & Pansera, Mario, 2017. "Sustainability-driven innovation at the bottom: Insights from grassroots ecopreneurs," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 327-338.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9475-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:227-239 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:214-226 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1140-:d:103007 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chan-Yuan Wong, 2016. "Evolutionary targeting for inclusive development," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 291-316, May.
- Tigabu, Aschalew & Berkhout, Frans & van Beukering, Pieter, 2017. "Development aid and the diffusion of technology: Improved cookstoves in Kenya and Rwanda," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 593-601.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:30:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1057_s41287-018-0137-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:1:p:51:d:61840 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tommaso Ciarli & Maria Savona & Jodie Thorpe & Seife Ayele, 2018. "Innovation for Inclusive Structural Change. A Framework and Research Agenda," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-04, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:30:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41287-017-0121-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kinsuk Mani Sinha & Pamela Adams & Franco Malerba, 2015. "Intermediate Users as a Source of Innovation in a Development Context: Empirical Evidence and Theory," Globelics Working Paper Series 2015-14, Globelics - Global Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems, Aalborg University, Department of Business and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsBottom of the Pyramid Induced technological change Appropriate technology China India;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:40:y:2011:i:2:p:193-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.