Forest Policy and Economics
2015, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-8 Exploring perceptions on participatory management of NATURA 2000 forest sites in Greece
by Jones, Nikoleta & Filos, Elias & Fates, Eleftherios & Dimitrakopoulos, Panayiotis G.
- 9-19 Exploring visitors' willingness to pay to generate revenues for managing the National Elephant Conservation Center in Malaysia
by Kaffashi, Sara & Yacob, Mohd Rusli & Clark, Maynard S. & Radam, Alias & Mamat, Mohd Farid
- 20-26 Expert and novice group differences in eye movements when assessing biodiversity of harvested forests
by Pihel, Johan & Ode Sang, Åsa & Hagerhall, Caroline & Nyström, Marcus
- 27-37 Community forest management and REDD+
by Newton, Peter & Schaap, Brian & Fournier, Michelle & Cornwall, Meghan & Rosenbach, Derrick W. & DeBoer, Joel & Whittemore, Jessica & Stock, Ryan & Yoders, Mark & Brodnig, Gernot & Agrawal, Arun
- 38-47 Competing discourses on REDD+: Global debates versus the first Indian REDD+ project
by Vijge, Marjanneke J.
- 48-56 Teak–cattle production tradeoffs for Panama Canal Watershed small scale producers
by Stefanski, Stephanie F. & Shi, Xiangying & Hall, Jefferson S. & Hernandez, Andres & Fenichel, Eli P.
2015, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-9 Economic valuation of long-term timber contracts: Empirical evidence from Germany
by Brodrechtova, Yvonne
- 10-20 The impacts of deterrence, social norms and legitimacy on forest rule compliance in Ghana
by Ramcilovic-Suominen, Sabaheta & Epstein, Graham
- 21-27 Household participation in Payments for Ecosystem Services: A case study from Mozambique
by Mudaca, Joao Daniel & Tsuchiya, Toshiyuki & Yamada, Masaaki & Onwona-Agyeman, Siaw
- 28-36 Using mixed integer multi-objective goal programming for stand tending block designation: A case study from Turkey
by Demirci, Mehmet & Bettinger, Pete
- 37-45 The parallel materialization of REDD+ implementation discourses in Brazil
by van der Hoff, Richard & Rajão, Raoni & Leroy, Pieter & Boezeman, Daan
- 46-57 An actuarial model of forest insurance against multiple natural hazards in fir (Abies Alba Mill.) stands in Slovakia
by Brunette, M. & Holecy, J. & Sedliak, M. & Tucek, J. & Hanewinkel, M.
2015, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-10 Modelling of adaptation to climate change and decision-makers behaviours for the Veluwe forest area in the Netherlands
by Yousefpour, Rasoul & Didion, Markus & Jacobsen, Jette B. & Meilby, Henrik & Hengeveld, Geerten M. & Schelhaas, Mart-Jan & Thorsen, Bo J.
- 11-17 Do forests help to keep my body mass index low?
by Boncinelli, Fabio & Riccioli, Francesco & Marone, Enrico
- 18-25 Looking beyond timber: Empirical evidence for the diversification of forest enterprises and the profitability of auxiliary activities in Austria
by Ungerböck, Erhard & Sekot, Walter & Toscani, Philipp
- 26-35 Interactions between formal and informal institutions in community, private and state forest contexts in Ghana
by Osei-Tutu, Paul & Pregernig, Michael & Pokorny, Benno
- 36-50 Decomposition analysis of changes in value added. A case study of the sawmilling and wood processing industry in Germany
by Rosenkranz, Lydia & Seintsch, Björn & Dieter, Matthias
- 51-57 Pure versus hybrid competitive strategies in the forest sector: Performance implications
by Hansen, Eric & Nybakk, Erlend & Panwar, Rajat
- 58-60 Waste hierarchy revisited — an evaluation of waste wood recycling in the context of EU energy policy and the European market
by Knauf, Marcus
2015, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-11 How much management is enough? Stakeholder views on forest management in fire-prone areas in central Portugal
by Valente, Sandra & Coelho, Celeste & Ribeiro, Cristina & Liniger, Hanspeter & Schwilch, Gudrun & Figueiredo, Elisabete & Bachmann, Felicitas
- 12-20 On the banality of forest governance fragmentation: Exploring ‘‘gecko politics’’ as a bureaucratic behaviour in limited statehood
by Ongolo, Symphorien
- 21-28 Social capital in small-scale forestry: A local case study in Southern Sweden
by Guillén, Luis Andrés & Wallin, Ida & Brukas, Vilis
- 29-44 Standards and guidelines for forest plantation management: A global comparative study
by Masiero, Mauro & Secco, Laura & Pettenella, Davide & Brotto, Lucio
- 45-55 Management of outsourced forest harvesting operations for better customer-contractor alignment
by Eriksson, Mattias & LeBel, Luc & Lindroos, Ola
2015, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-8 Prospects and challenges of tenure and forest governance reform in the context of REDD+ initiatives in Nepal
by Paudel, Naya S. & Vedeld, Paul O. & Khatri, Dil B.
- 9-17 Cost to produce Carbon credits by reducing the harvest level in British Columbia, Canada
by Man, Cosmin D. & Lyons, Kevin C. & Nelson, John D. & Bull, Gary Q.
- 18-26 Forest certification, institutional capacity, and learning: An analysis of the impacts of the Malaysian Timber Certification Scheme
by Lewis, Robin A. & Davis, Stacey R.
- 27-38 How can poor and disadvantaged households get an opportunity to become a leader in community forestry in Nepal?
by Yadav, Bhagwan Dutta & Bigsby, Hugh & MacDonald, Ian
- 39-45 Ecological and social implications of employing diameter caps at a collaborative forest restoration project near Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
by Egan, Dave & Stoddard, Michael & Formanack, Alicia
- 46-56 Domestic and international forest regime nexus in Cameroon: An assessment of the effectiveness of REDD+ policy design strategy in the context of the climate change regime
by Mbatu, Richard S.
2015, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-8 Decentralisation and democratic forest reforms in India: Moving to a rights-based approach
by Kumar, Kundan & Singh, Neera M. & Kerr, John M.
- 9-16 Optimal wood harvest in miombo woodland considering REDD+payments — A case study at Kitulangalo Forest Reserve, Tanzania
by Hofstad, Ole & Araya, Meley Mekonen
- 17-28 Introducing a status of access to raw material resources for manufacturers of cellulosic industries
by Azizi, Majid & Ray, Charles
- 29-37 Contracts for afforestation and the role of monitoring for landowners’ willingness to accept
by Vedel, Suzanne Elizabeth & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark
- 38-46 A combined economic analysis of optimal planting density, thinning and rotation for an even-aged forest stand
by Halbritter, Andreas & Deegen, Peter
- 47-56 Forest use and agriculture in Ucayali, Peru: Livelihood strategies, poverty and wealth in an Amazon frontier
by Porro, Roberto & Lopez-Feldman, Alejandro & Vela-Alvarado, Jorge W.
- 57-61 Theory in (forest) history — A success story?
by Steinsiek, Peter-M.
2015, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-10 Adapting the Congo Basin forests management to climate change: Linkages among biodiversity, forest loss, and human well-being
by Bele, Mekou Youssoufa & Sonwa, Denis Jean & Tiani, Anne-Marie
- 11-19 Regeneration decisions in forestry under climate change related uncertainties and risks: Effects of three different aspects of uncertainty
by Schou, Erik & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl
- 20-30 Comparative analysis on the communication strategies of the forest owners' associations in Europe
by Fabra-Crespo, M. & Rojas-Briales, E.
- 31-44 The impacts of the Lacey Act Amendment of 2008 on U.S. hardwood lumber and hardwood plywood imports
by Prestemon, Jeffrey P.
- 45-52 Evaluating the impacts of a carbon tax on imported forest products—evidence from Taiwan
by Chen, Ping-Yu & Chen, Bo-Yu & Tsai, Pei-Hui & Chen, Chi-Chung
- 53-61 Institutions and access to woodfuel commerce in the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Schure, Jolien & Ingram, Verina & Arts, Bas & Levang, Patrice & Mvula-Mampasi, Emmanuel
- 62-69 Impacts of national forests in the West on county population and employment
by Pugliese, Andrew & McCann, Laura & Artz, Georgeanne
- 70-81 California's regulatory forest carbon market: Viability for northeast landowners
by Kerchner, Charles D. & Keeton, William S.
- 82-89 Forest proximity impact on undeveloped land values: A spatial hedonic study
by Zygmunt, Robert & Gluszak, Michal
- 90-97 Social capital and governance: a social network analysis of forest biodiversity collaboration in Central Finland
by Borg, Riikka & Toikka, Arho & Primmer, Eeva
- 98-109 Towards co-ownership in forest management: Analysis of a pioneering case ‘Bosland’ (Flanders, Belgium) through transition lenses
by Vangansbeke, Pieter & Gorissen, Leen & Nevens, Frank & Verheyen, Kris
- 110-117 Why do environmentalists not consider compromises as legitimate?
by Sarkki, Simo & Heikkinen, Hannu I.
- 118-126 Assessing the role of U.S. timberland assets in a mixed portfolio under the mean-conditional value at risk framework
by Wan, Yang & Clutter, Michael L. & Mei, Bin & Siry, Jacek P.
- 127-133 Do forest producers benefit from the forest disaster insurance program? Empirical evidence in Fujian Province of China
by Dai, Yongwu & Chang, Hung-Hao & Liu, Weiping
- 134-142 Forest certification and legality initiatives in the Brazilian Amazon: Lessons for effective and equitable forest governance
by McDermott, Constance L. & Irland, Lloyd C. & Pacheco, Pablo
- 143-152 Time-based combinatorial auction for timber allocation and delivery coordination
by Farnia, Farnoush & Frayret, Jean-Marc & Beaudry, Catherine & Lebel, Luc
- 153-162 Policy coherence in climate change mitigation: An ecosystem service approach to forests as carbon sinks and bioenergy sources
by Makkonen, Marika & Huttunen, Suvi & Primmer, Eeva & Repo, Anna & Hildén, Mikael
- 163-171 CO2 emissions and economic impacts of using logging residues and mill residues in Maniwa Japan
by Moon, Dami & Kitagawa, Naomi & Genchi, Yutaka
- 172-179 Production efficiency of community forest management in Nepal
by Chand, Narendra & Kerr, Geoffrey N. & Bigsby, Hugh
- 180-191 International trade after intervention: The case of bedroom furniture
by Luo, Xinjian & Sun, Changyou & Jiang, Hongfei & Zhang, Ying & Meng, Qian
- 192-199 Assessing forestry-related assets with the intertemporal capital asset pricing model
by Yao, Wenjing & Mei, Bin
- 200-209 Decision-making for the selection of a best wood extraction method: An analytic network process approach
by Jaafari, Abolfazl & Najafi, Akbar & Melón, Mónica García
- 210-219 What the Indonesian rattan export ban means for domestic and international markets, forests, and the livelihoods of rattan collectors
by Myers, Rodd
- 220-227 Shared responsibility for forest protection?
by Widman, Ulrika
- 228-235 How interest groups adapt to the changing forest governance landscape in the EU: A case study from Germany
by Juerges, Nataly & Newig, Jens
- 236-248 Factors affecting sawnwood consumption in Europe
by Hurmekoski, Elias & Hetemäki, Lauri & Linden, Mika
- 249-258 Development and application of a probabilistic method for wildfire suppression cost modeling
by Thompson, Matthew P. & Haas, Jessica R. & Finney, Mark A. & Calkin, David E. & Hand, Michael S. & Browne, Mark J. & Halek, Martin & Short, Karen C. & Grenfell, Isaac C.
- 259-268 The impact of contracts on organic honey producers' incomes in southwestern Ethiopia
by Girma, Jony & Gardebroek, Cornelis
- 269-274 Portfolio diversification through timber real estate investment trusts: A cointegration analysis
by La, Le & Mei, Bin
- 275-284 Forest owners' stand improvement decisions: Applying the Theory of Planned Behavior
by Karppinen, Heimo & Berghäll, Sami
- 285-291 The influence of livelihood dependency, local ecological knowledge and market proximity on the ecological impacts of harvesting non-timber forest products
by Steele, Melita Z. & Shackleton, Charlie M. & Uma Shaanker, R. & Ganeshaiah, K.N. & Radloff, Sarah
- 292-301 Linking the forest research in the Mediterranean area: A framework to improve research capacities and cooperation
by Di Matteo, Giovanni & Nardi, Pierfrancesco & Ceci, Paolo & Bajocco, Sofia & Perini, Luigi & Herrero-Corral, Gema & Gabiña, Dunixi & Mugnozza, Giuseppe Scarascia
- 302-310 Trust related dynamics in contested land use
by de Vries, Jasper R. & Aarts, Noelle & Lokhorst, Anne Marike & Beunen, Raoul & Munnink, Josefien Oude
- 311-318 Community loggers attempting to legalize traditional timber harvesting in the Brazilian Amazon: An endless path
by Waldhoff, Philippe & Vidal, Edson
- 319-326 An Analysis of Wood Market Balance Modeling in Germany
by Knauf, Marcus
- 327-336 A real options-net present value approach to assessing land use change: A case study of afforestation in Canada
by Yemshanov, Denys & McCarney, Geoffrey R. & Hauer, Grant & Luckert, M.K. (Marty) & Unterschultz, Jim & McKenney, Daniel W.
- 337-346 Ecosystem services and forest fires in India — Context and policy implications from a case study in Andhra Pradesh
by Schmerbeck, J. & Kohli, A. & Seeland, K.
- 347-356 Community-based forest management institutions in the Galician communal forests: A new institutional approach
by Caballero, Gonzalo
- 357-365 The role of social and environmental attitudes in non-market valuation
by Bartczak, Anna
2014, Volume 49, Issue C
- 4-11 A practice based approach to forest governance
by Arts, Bas & Behagel, Jelle & Turnhout, Esther & de Koning, Jessica & van Bommel, Séverine
- 12-16 Learning from practices — implications of the “practice based approach” for forest and environmental policy research
by Krott, Max & Giessen, Lukas
- 17-22 Assessing forest governance from a ‘Triple G’ perspective: Government, governance, governmentality⁎⁎This article belongs to the Special Issue: Assessing Forest Governance
by Arts, Bas
- 23-33 Governing the design of national REDD+: An analysis of the power of agency
by Brockhaus, Maria & Di Gregorio, Monica & Mardiah, Sofi
- 34-42 Actor-centred power: The driving force in decentralised community based forest governance
by Krott, Max & Bader, Axel & Schusser, Carsten & Devkota, Rosan & Maryudi, Ahmad & Giessen, Lukas & Aurenhammer, Helene
- 43-50 New modes of governance in Bavaria's alpine forests: The ‘Mountain Forest Initiative’ at work
by Böhling, Kathrin & Arzberger, Monika B.
- 51-56 The process of forest management plans preparation in the Republic of Macedonia: Does it comprise governance principles of participation, transparency and accountability?
by Stojanovska, M. & Miovska, M. & Jovanovska, J. & Stojanovski, V.
- 57-71 Why and how to measure forest governance at local level: A set of indicators
by Secco, Laura & Da Re, Riccardo & Pettenella, Davide Matteo & Gatto, Paola
2014, Volume 48, Issue C
- 6-15 Constructing a transnational timber legality assurance regime: Architecture, accomplishments, challenges
by Overdevest, Christine & Zeitlin, Jonathan
- 16-23 FLEGT VPAs: Laying a pathway to sustainability via legality lessons from Ghana and Indonesia
by Lesniewska, Feja & McDermott, Constance L.
- 24-32 The timber legality verification system and the voluntary partnership agreement (VPA) in Indonesia: Challenges for the small-scale forestry sector
by Obidzinski, Krystof & Dermawan, Ahmad & Andrianto, Agus & Komarudin, Heru & Hernawan, Dody
- 33-45 Democratising timber: An assessment of Myanmar's emerging ‘Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade’ (FLEGT) process
by Springate-Baginski, Oliver & Thein, Aung Kyaw & Neil, Anthony & Thu, Win Myo & Doherty, Faith
- 46-54 The legally allowable versus the informally practicable in Bolivia’s domestic timber market
by de Jong, Wil & Cano, Walter & Zenteno, Mario & Soriano, Marlene
- 55-62 Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) in Cameroon: Perceived private sector benefits from VPA implementation
by Carodenuto, Sophia & Cerutti, Paolo Omar
- 63-71 Constructing a legitimate argument — Narrative techniques in the Ghana-EU VPA
by Carlsen, Kirsten
2014, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-3 Forests and ecosystem services: Outlines for new policy options
by Amacher, Gregory S. & Ollikainen, Markku & Uusivuori, Jussi
- 4-13 Demand for enhanced forest amenities in private lands: The case of the Ruka-Kuusamo tourism area, Finland
by Tyrväinen, Liisa & Mäntymaa, Erkki & Ovaskainen, Ville
- 14-24 Optimal contract length for biodiversity conservation under conservation budget constraint
by Juutinen, Artti & Ollikainen, Markku & Mönkkönen, Mikko & Reunanen, Pasi & Tikkanen, Olli-Pekka & Kouki, Jari
- 25-35 Whole-tree harvesting with stump removal versus stem-only harvesting in peatlands when water quality, biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation matter
by Miettinen, Jenni & Ollikainen, Markku & Nieminen, Tiina M. & Ukonmaanaho, Liisa & Laurén, Ari & Hynynen, Jari & Lehtonen, Mika & Valsta, Lauri
- 36-45 On the economics of tropical deforestation: Carbon credit markets and national policies
by Barua, Sepul K. & Lintunen, Jussi & Uusivuori, Jussi & Kuuluvainen, Jari
- 46-56 Uncertain emerging biomass markets, ecosystem services, and optimal land use
by Hallmann, Fanfan W. & Amacher, Gregory S.
2014, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-12 Local representations of change and conservation of the riparian forests along the São Francisco River (Northeast Brazil)
by da Silva, Taline Cristina & Ramos, Marcelo Alves & Schwarz, Maria Luiza & Alvarez, Ivan André & Kill, Lúcia Helena Piedade & de Albuquerque, Ulysses Paulino
- 13-23 Case Puijo—Evaluation of a participatory urban forest planning process
by Kangas, Annika & Heikkilä, Juuso & Malmivaara-Lämsä, Minna & Löfström, Irja
- 24-31 Safeguards and Dangerguards: A Framework for Unpacking the Black Box of Safeguards for REDD+
by Arhin, Albert Abraham
- 32-41 Confusion vs. clarity: Property rights and forest use in Uganda
by Jagger, Pamela
- 42-50 Ash recycling — A method to improve forest production or to restore acidified surface waters?
by Ekvall, Hans & Löfgren, Stefan & Bostedt, Göran
2014, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-9 Incentives for community participation in the governance and management of common property resources: the case of community forest management in Nepal
by Adhikari, Sunit & Kingi, Tanira & Ganesh, Siva
- 10-17 Delivering community benefits through REDD+: Lessons from Joint Forest Management in Zambia
by Leventon, Julia & Kalaba, Felix K. & Dyer, Jen C. & Stringer, Lindsay C. & Dougill, Andrew J.
- 18-25 Proximate and underlying causes of forest cover change in Peninsular Malaysia
by Miyamoto, Motoe & Mohd Parid, Mamat & Noor Aini, Zakaria & Michinaka, Tetsuya
- 26-33 The economics and optimal management regimes of eucalyptus plantations: A case study of forestry outgrower schemes in Brazil
by Rode, Rafael & Leite, Helio Garcia & Silva, Márcio Lopes da & Ribeiro, Carlos Antonio Álvares Soares & Binoti, Daniel Henrique Breda
- 34-41 Incentivizing cooperative agreements for sustainable forest management
by McEvoy, David & Jones, Michael & McKee, Michael & Talberth, John
- 42-49 Rural households' willingness to participate in the Grain for Green program again: A case study of Zhungeer, China
by Guo, Huanhuan & Li, Bo & Hou, Ying & Lu, Shubing & Nan, Bo
2014, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-7 Transaction cost theory of the firm and community forestry enterprises
by Vega, Dora Carias & Keenan, Rodney J.
- 8-14 Management motives of Estonian private forest owners
by Põllumäe, Priit & Korjus, Henn & Paluots, Teele
- 15-23 On insurance as a tool for securing forest restoration after wildfires
by Barreal, Jesús & Loureiro, Maria L. & Picos, Juan
- 24-29 Importance of socio-economic factors in the collection of NTFPs: The case of gum arabic in Kenya
by Mujawamariya, Gaudiose & Karimov, Aziz A.
- 30-41 Financially optimized management planning under risk aversion results in even-flow sustained timber yield
by Hahn, W. Andreas & Härtl, Fabian & Irland, Lloyd C. & Kohler, Christoph & Moshammer, Ralf & Knoke, Thomas
- 42-50 Confronting problems of method in the study of sustainability
by Epstein, Graham & Vogt, Jessica & Cox, Michael & Shimek, Luke
2014, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-11 An uncertainty assessment framework for forest planning adaptation to climate change
by Petr, Michal & Boerboom, Luc & Ray, Duncan & van der Veen, Anne
- 12-21 Permanence of agricultural afforestation for carbon sequestration under stylized carbon markets in the U.S
by Haim, David & White, Eric M. & Alig, Ralph J.
- 22-30 Transforming conflict in plantations through mediation: Lessons and experiences from Sumatera, Indonesia
by Dhiaulhaq, Ahmad & Gritten, David & De Bruyn, Toon & Yasmi, Yurdi & Zazali, Ahmad & Silalahi, Mangarah
- 31-39 An experimental analysis of the behavior of forestry decision-makers — The example of timing in sales decisions
by Musshoff, Oliver & Maart-Noelck, Syster Christin
- 40-50 How reserve selection is affected by preferences in Swedish boreal forests
by Lundström, Johanna & Öhman, Karin & Rönnqvist, Mikael & Gustafsson, Lena
- 51-59 The significance of dry forest income for livelihood resilience: The case of the pastoralists and agro-pastoralists in the drylands of southeastern Ethiopia
by Worku, Adefires & Pretzsch, Jürgen & Kassa, Habtemariam & Auch, Eckhard
- 60-67 Diversifying finance mechanisms for protected areas capitalizing on untapped revenues
by Baral, Nabin & Dhungana, Anal
2014, Volume 40, Issue C
- 1-11 Regulating forestry — Experience with compliance and enforcement over the 25years of Tasmania's forest practices system
by Wilkinson, Graham R. & Schofield, Mick & Kanowski, Peter
- 12-20 Creating forests with words — A review of forest-related discourse studies
by Leipold, Sina
- 21-30 Effects of travel cost and participation in recreational activities on national forest visits
by Cho, Seong-Hoon & Bowker, J.M. & English, Donald B.K. & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Taeyoung
- 31-39 Forestry industry trade by degree of wood processing in the enlarged European Union countries
by Bojnec, Štefan & Fertő, Imre
- 40-47 Effects of innovation on the European wood industry market structure
by Alfranca, Oscar & Voces, Roberto & Herruzo, A. Casimiro & Diaz-Balteiro, Luis
- 48-56 Do commercial forest plantations reduce pressure on natural forests? Evidence from forest policy reforms in Uganda
by Ainembabazi, John Herbert & Angelsen, Arild
2014, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-12 Providing preference-based support for forest ecosystem service management
by Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Bartczak, Anna & Giergiczny, Marek & Navrud, Stale & Żylicz, Tomasz
- 13-20 Factors influencing Irish farmers' afforestation intention
by Duesberg, Stefanie & Upton, Vincent & O'Connor, Deirdre & Dhubháin, Áine Ní
- 21-31 Linking outputs and outcomes from devolved forest governance using a Modified Actor-Power-Accountability Framework (MAPAF): Case study from Chilimo forest, Ethiopia
by Mohammed, Abrar Juhar & Inoue, Makoto
- 32-42 The influence of the oil price on timber supply
by Härtl, Fabian & Knoke, Thomas
- 43-53 Recent growth in China's roundwood import and its global implications
by Sun, Changyou
- 54-66 Global impacts of Russian log export restrictions and the Canada–U.S. lumber dispute: Modeling trade in logs and lumber
by van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Johnston, Craig
2014, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-7 Positioning non-timber forest products on the development agenda
by Shackleton, Charlie M. & Pandey, Ashok K.
- 8-16 Internationalization of the forest products industry: A synthesis of literature and implications for future research
by Zhang, Yijing & Toppinen, Anne & Uusivuori, Jussi
- 17-29 Market behavior and policy in the recycled paper industry: A critical survey of price elasticity research
by Mansikkasalo, Anna & Lundmark, Robert & Söderholm, Patrik
- 30-31 Global forest governance — Discussing legal scholarship from political science perspectives
by Edwards, Peter & Giessen, Lukas
- 32-39 A cost model for forest-based biofuel production and its application to optimal facility size determination
by Jenkins, Timothy L. & Sutherland, John W.
- 40-45 A legal approach to induce the traditional knowledge of forest resources
by Chun, Jaekyong
- 46-55 Paying for environmental services: Determining recognized participation under common property in a peri-urban context
by Neitzel, K. Christoph & Caro-Borrero, Angela Piedad & Revollo-Fernandez, Daniel & Aguilar-Ibarra, Alonso & Ramos, Alya & Almeida-Leñero, Lucia
- 56-64 Optimal rotation age for carbon sequestration and biodiversity conservation in Vietnam
by Nghiem, Nhung
- 65-71 Logging and conservation: Economic impacts of the stocking rates and prices of commercial timber species
by Fisher, Brendan & Edwards, David P. & Wilcove, David S.
- 72-80 Co-management implementation in forested national reserves: Contradicting cases from China
by Zhu, Ting & Krott, Max & Chen, Haiyun
- 81-89 Scope for introducing payments for ecosystem services as a strategy to reduce deforestation in the Kilombero wetlands catchment area
by Mombo, Felister & Lusambo, Leopold & Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Munishi, Pantaleo & van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 90-96 Carbon sequestration through afforestation under uncertainty
by Lewandrowski, Jan & Kim, C.S. & Aillery, Marcel
- 97-104 Increasing representation of states by utilitarian as compared to environmental bureaucracies in international forest and forest–environmental policy negotiations
by Giessen, Lukas & Krott, Max & Möllmann, Torsten
- 105-118 Simulation of a Swiss wood fuel and roundwood market: An explorative study in agent-based modeling
by Kostadinov, Fabian & Holm, Stefan & Steubing, Bernhard & Thees, Oliver & Lemm, Renato
- 119-125 Who benefits from taxation of forest products in Nepal's community forests?
by Lund, Jens Friis & Baral, Keshab & Bhandari, Nirmala Singh & Chhetri, Bir Bahadur Khanal & Larsen, Helle Overgaard & Nielsen, Øystein Juul & Puri, Lila & Rutt, Rebecca Leigh & Treue, Thorsten
- 126-131 Assessing the economic feasibility of short rotation loblolly biomass plantations
by Kantavichai, Rapeepan & Gallagher, Tom V. & Teeter, Larry D.
- 132-142 A tale of transaction costs and forest law compliance: Trade permits for Non Timber Forests Products in Cameroon
by Foundjem-Tita, Divine & Speelman, Stijn & D'Haese, Marijke & Degrande, Ann & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido & Van Damme, Patrick & Tchoundjeu, Zac
- 143-150 Russian forests: The path of reform
by Ulybina, Olga
- 151-160 Varying practices of implementing the Habitats Directive in German and British forests
by Borrass, Lars
- 161-167 Sustainability of Forests Created by China's Sloping Land Conversion Program: A comparison among three sites in Anhui, Hubei and Shanxi
by Song, Conghe & Zhang, Yulong & Mei, Ying & Liu, Hua & Zhang, Zhiqiang & Zhang, Quanfa & Zha, Tonggang & Zhang, Kerong & Huang, Chenglin & Xu, Xiaoniu & Jagger, Pamela & Chen, Xiaodong & Bilsborrow, Richard
- 168-172 Is there a price premium for certified wood? Empirical evidence from log auction data in Japan
by Yamamoto, Yuki & Takeuchi, Kenji & Shinkuma, Takayoshi
- 173-177 Management planning of fast-growing plantations based on a bi-level programming model
by Zhai, Wenyuan & Zhao, Yingzi & Lian, Xiangru & Yang, Mingming & Lu, Fadian
- 178-190 A comparative analysis of the effects of institutional property rights on forest livelihoods and forest conditions: Evidence from Ghana and Vietnam
by Lambini, Cosmas Kombat & Nguyen, Trung Thanh
- 191-198 Impact of storm risk on Faustmann rotation
by Loisel, Patrice
- 199-206 Job growth and loss across sectors and time in the western US: The impact of large wildfires
by Nielsen-Pincus, Max & Moseley, Cassandra & Gebert, Krista
- 207-218 Income losses due to the implementation of the Habitats Directive in forests — Conclusions from a case study in Germany
by Rosenkranz, Lydia & Seintsch, Björn & Wippel, Bernd & Dieter, Matthias
- 219-226 Family forest owners and federal taxes
by Greene, John L. & Butler, Brett J. & Catanzaro, Paul F. & Hewes, Jaketon H. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Kittredge, David B. & Ma, Zhao & Tyrrell, Mary L.
2013, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-8 International developments in the administration of publicly-funded forest research: A review
by Hickey, Gordon M.
- 9-19 Reprint of: When peer-reviewed publications are not enough! Delivering science for natural resource management
by McKinley, Duncan C. & Briggs, Russell D. & Bartuska, Ann M.
- 20-28 The Research, Integration and Utilization (RIU) model as an analytical framework for the professionalization of departmental research organizations: Case studies of publicly funded forest research institutes in Serbia and Croatia
by Stevanov, Mirjana & Böcher, Michael & Krott, Max & Krajter, Silvija & Vuletic, Dijana & Orlovic, Sasa
- 29-36 Matching a scientific knowledge base with stakeholders' needs
by Petrokofsky, Gillian & Brown, Nicholas D. & Hemery, Gabriel E.
- 37-43 Publicly funded research: A participative experience from the Chilean Native Forest Research Fund
by Real, Alejandra & Hickey, Gordon M.
- 44-56 How can formal research networks produce more socially robust forest science?
by Klenk, Nicole L. & Hickey, Gordon M.
- 65-74 The quest for the “optimal” payment for environmental services program: Ambition meets reality, with useful lessons
by Kroeger, Timm
- 75-83 Analysis of costs and people's willingness to enroll in forest rehabilitation in Gorno Badakhshan, Tajikistan
by Mislimshoeva, Bunafsha & Samimi, Cyrus & Kirchhoff, Joachim-F. & Koellner, Thomas
- 84-93 The role of legitimacy perceptions in self-restricted resource use: A framed field experiment
by Bouma, Jetske & Ansink, Erik
- 94-103 Effective support for community resource management
by Ansink, Erik & Bouma, Jetske
- 104-114 Institutional analysis of incentives for the provision of forest goods and services: An assessment of incentive schemes in Catalonia (north-east Spain)
by Prokofieva, Irina & Gorriz, Elena
- 115-123 Institutional performance of Payments for Environmental Services: An analysis of the Costa Rican Program
by Legrand, Thomas & Froger, Géraldine & Le Coq, Jean-François
- 124-132 Environmental NGOs, policy entrepreneurs of market-based instruments for ecosystem services? A comparison of Costa Rica, Madagascar and France
by Hrabanski, Marie & Bidaud, Cécile & Le Coq, Jean-François & Méral, Philippe
2013, Volume 36, Issue C
- 6-13 Governance approaches in Swiss forest biodiversity policy: Do they really work?
by Kaeser, Alexandra & Bernasconi, Jasmin & Zimmermann, Willi
- 14-26 Coupling climate change and forest policy: A multiple streams analysis of two German case studies
by Storch, Sabine & Winkel, Georg
- 27-36 The riddle of leaving the oil in the soil—Ecuador's Yasuní-ITT project from a discourse perspective
by Espinosa, Cristina
- 37-41 Framing the tiger — A biodiversity concern in national and international media reporting
by Sadath, Nazmus & Kleinschmit, Daniela & Giessen, Lukas
- 42-51 Who determines biodiversity? An analysis of actors' power and interests in community forestry in Namibia
by Schusser, Carsten
- 52-59 From large to small: Reorienting rural development policies in response to climate change, food security and poverty
by Pokorny, Benno & de Jong, Wil & Godar, Javier & Pacheco, Pablo & Johnson, James
- 60-70 Opportunities for and capacity barriers to the implementation of REDD+ projects with smallholder farmers: Case study of Awae and Akok, Centre and South Regions, Cameroon
by Cerbu, Gillian A. & Sonwa, Denis J. & Pokorny, Benno
- 71-79 Implementing REDD+ in the Democratic Republic of Congo: An analysis of the emerging national REDD+ governance structure
by Aquino, André & Guay, Bruno
- 80-86 The interim REDD+ Partnership: Boost for biodiversity safeguards?
by Pistorius, Till & Reinecke, Sabine
- 87-97 Recognising ecological and institutional landscapes in adaptive governance of natural resources
by Shkaruba, Anton & Kireyeu, Viktar
2013, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-16 Evaluating forest conservation policies in developing countries using remote sensing data: An introduction and practical guide
by Blackman, Allen
- 17-29 Studying the future of the forest sector: Review and implications for long-term outlook studies
by Hurmekoski, Elias & Hetemäki, Lauri
- 30-40 Does community and household tree planting imply increased use of wood for fuel? Evidence from Ethiopia
by Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & van Kooten, G. Cornelis
- 41-46 The Alternative Test in forestry
by Harou, Patrice A. & Zheng, Chinlong & Zhang, Daowei
- 47-55 Managing private forestlands along the public–private interface of Southern Illinois: Landowner forestry decisions in a multi-jurisdictional landscape
by Hendee, Jacob T. & Flint, Courtney G.
- 56-64 Investing in energy forestry under uncertainty
by Di Corato, Luca & Gazheli, Ardjan & Lagerkvist, Carl-Johan
- 65-72 Cost sharing for pre-commercial thinning in southern pine plantations: Willingness to participate in Virginia's pine bark beetle prevention program
by Watson, Adam C. & Sullivan, Jay & Amacher, Gregory S. & Asaro, Christopher
- 73-78 Impact of property rights reform on household forest management investment: An empirical study of southern China
by Xie, Yi & Wen, Yali & Zhang, Yaoqi & Li, Xiaoyong
2013, Volume 33, Issue C
- 11-20 A quantitative review of the representation of forest conflicts across the world: Resource periphery and emerging patterns
by Gritten, David & Mola-Yudego, Blas & Delgado-Matas, Cristóbal & Kortelainen, Jarmo
- 21-27 Community–outsider conflicts over forests: Perspectives from Southeast Asia
by Yasmi, Yurdi & Kelley, Lisa C. & Enters, Thomas
- 28-35 Grievances, agency and the absence of conflict: The new Suzano pulp investment in the Eastern Amazon
by Kröger, Markus
- 39-46 Conflict resolution through collaboration: Preconditions and limitations in forest and nature conservation controversies
by Zachrisson, Anna & Beland Lindahl, Karin
- 47-55 Using a multilevel approach to analyse the case of forest conflicts in the Terai, Nepal
by Satyal Pravat, Poshendra & Humphreys, David
- 56-62 Divergent interests and ideas around property rights: The case of berry harvesting in Sweden
by Sténs, Anna & Sandström, Camilla
- 63-70 Conflict camouflaging in public administration — A case study in nature conservation policy in Lower Saxony
by Hubo, Christiane & Krott, Max
- 71-79 Individual tenure rights, citizenship, and conflicts: Outcomes from tribal India's forest governance
by Bose, Purabi
- 80-86 Decentralization and forest-related conflicts in Latin America
by Ravikumar, Ashwin & Andersson, Krister & Larson, Anne M.