Forest Policy and Economics
2014, Volume 38, Issue C
- 191-198 Impact of storm risk on Faustmann rotation
by Loisel, Patrice
- 199-206 Job growth and loss across sectors and time in the western US: The impact of large wildfires
by Nielsen-Pincus, Max & Moseley, Cassandra & Gebert, Krista
- 207-218 Income losses due to the implementation of the Habitats Directive in forests — Conclusions from a case study in Germany
by Rosenkranz, Lydia & Seintsch, Björn & Wippel, Bernd & Dieter, Matthias
- 219-226 Family forest owners and federal taxes
by Greene, John L. & Butler, Brett J. & Catanzaro, Paul F. & Hewes, Jaketon H. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Kittredge, David B. & Ma, Zhao & Tyrrell, Mary L.
2013, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-8 International developments in the administration of publicly-funded forest research: A review
by Hickey, Gordon M.
- 9-19 Reprint of: When peer-reviewed publications are not enough! Delivering science for natural resource management
by McKinley, Duncan C. & Briggs, Russell D. & Bartuska, Ann M.
- 20-28 The Research, Integration and Utilization (RIU) model as an analytical framework for the professionalization of departmental research organizations: Case studies of publicly funded forest research institutes in Serbia and Croatia
by Stevanov, Mirjana & Böcher, Michael & Krott, Max & Krajter, Silvija & Vuletic, Dijana & Orlovic, Sasa
- 29-36 Matching a scientific knowledge base with stakeholders' needs
by Petrokofsky, Gillian & Brown, Nicholas D. & Hemery, Gabriel E.
- 37-43 Publicly funded research: A participative experience from the Chilean Native Forest Research Fund
by Real, Alejandra & Hickey, Gordon M.
- 44-56 How can formal research networks produce more socially robust forest science?
by Klenk, Nicole L. & Hickey, Gordon M.
- 65-74 The quest for the “optimal” payment for environmental services program: Ambition meets reality, with useful lessons
by Kroeger, Timm
- 75-83 Analysis of costs and people's willingness to enroll in forest rehabilitation in Gorno Badakhshan, Tajikistan
by Mislimshoeva, Bunafsha & Samimi, Cyrus & Kirchhoff, Joachim-F. & Koellner, Thomas
- 84-93 The role of legitimacy perceptions in self-restricted resource use: A framed field experiment
by Bouma, Jetske & Ansink, Erik
- 94-103 Effective support for community resource management
by Ansink, Erik & Bouma, Jetske
- 104-114 Institutional analysis of incentives for the provision of forest goods and services: An assessment of incentive schemes in Catalonia (north-east Spain)
by Prokofieva, Irina & Gorriz, Elena
- 115-123 Institutional performance of Payments for Environmental Services: An analysis of the Costa Rican Program
by Legrand, Thomas & Froger, Géraldine & Le Coq, Jean-François
- 124-132 Environmental NGOs, policy entrepreneurs of market-based instruments for ecosystem services? A comparison of Costa Rica, Madagascar and France
by Hrabanski, Marie & Bidaud, Cécile & Le Coq, Jean-François & Méral, Philippe
2013, Volume 36, Issue C
- 6-13 Governance approaches in Swiss forest biodiversity policy: Do they really work?
by Kaeser, Alexandra & Bernasconi, Jasmin & Zimmermann, Willi
- 14-26 Coupling climate change and forest policy: A multiple streams analysis of two German case studies
by Storch, Sabine & Winkel, Georg
- 27-36 The riddle of leaving the oil in the soil—Ecuador's Yasuní-ITT project from a discourse perspective
by Espinosa, Cristina
- 37-41 Framing the tiger — A biodiversity concern in national and international media reporting
by Sadath, Nazmus & Kleinschmit, Daniela & Giessen, Lukas
- 42-51 Who determines biodiversity? An analysis of actors' power and interests in community forestry in Namibia
by Schusser, Carsten
- 52-59 From large to small: Reorienting rural development policies in response to climate change, food security and poverty
by Pokorny, Benno & de Jong, Wil & Godar, Javier & Pacheco, Pablo & Johnson, James
- 60-70 Opportunities for and capacity barriers to the implementation of REDD+ projects with smallholder farmers: Case study of Awae and Akok, Centre and South Regions, Cameroon
by Cerbu, Gillian A. & Sonwa, Denis J. & Pokorny, Benno
- 71-79 Implementing REDD+ in the Democratic Republic of Congo: An analysis of the emerging national REDD+ governance structure
by Aquino, André & Guay, Bruno
- 80-86 The interim REDD+ Partnership: Boost for biodiversity safeguards?
by Pistorius, Till & Reinecke, Sabine
- 87-97 Recognising ecological and institutional landscapes in adaptive governance of natural resources
by Shkaruba, Anton & Kireyeu, Viktar
2013, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-16 Evaluating forest conservation policies in developing countries using remote sensing data: An introduction and practical guide
by Blackman, Allen
- 17-29 Studying the future of the forest sector: Review and implications for long-term outlook studies
by Hurmekoski, Elias & Hetemäki, Lauri
- 30-40 Does community and household tree planting imply increased use of wood for fuel? Evidence from Ethiopia
by Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & van Kooten, G. Cornelis
- 41-46 The Alternative Test in forestry
by Harou, Patrice A. & Zheng, Chinlong & Zhang, Daowei
- 47-55 Managing private forestlands along the public–private interface of Southern Illinois: Landowner forestry decisions in a multi-jurisdictional landscape
by Hendee, Jacob T. & Flint, Courtney G.
- 56-64 Investing in energy forestry under uncertainty
by Di Corato, Luca & Gazheli, Ardjan & Lagerkvist, Carl-Johan
- 65-72 Cost sharing for pre-commercial thinning in southern pine plantations: Willingness to participate in Virginia's pine bark beetle prevention program
by Watson, Adam C. & Sullivan, Jay & Amacher, Gregory S. & Asaro, Christopher
- 73-78 Impact of property rights reform on household forest management investment: An empirical study of southern China
by Xie, Yi & Wen, Yali & Zhang, Yaoqi & Li, Xiaoyong
2013, Volume 33, Issue C
- 11-20 A quantitative review of the representation of forest conflicts across the world: Resource periphery and emerging patterns
by Gritten, David & Mola-Yudego, Blas & Delgado-Matas, Cristóbal & Kortelainen, Jarmo
- 21-27 Community–outsider conflicts over forests: Perspectives from Southeast Asia
by Yasmi, Yurdi & Kelley, Lisa C. & Enters, Thomas
- 28-35 Grievances, agency and the absence of conflict: The new Suzano pulp investment in the Eastern Amazon
by Kröger, Markus
- 39-46 Conflict resolution through collaboration: Preconditions and limitations in forest and nature conservation controversies
by Zachrisson, Anna & Beland Lindahl, Karin
- 47-55 Using a multilevel approach to analyse the case of forest conflicts in the Terai, Nepal
by Satyal Pravat, Poshendra & Humphreys, David
- 56-62 Divergent interests and ideas around property rights: The case of berry harvesting in Sweden
by Sténs, Anna & Sandström, Camilla
- 63-70 Conflict camouflaging in public administration — A case study in nature conservation policy in Lower Saxony
by Hubo, Christiane & Krott, Max
- 71-79 Individual tenure rights, citizenship, and conflicts: Outcomes from tribal India's forest governance
by Bose, Purabi
- 80-86 Decentralization and forest-related conflicts in Latin America
by Ravikumar, Ashwin & Andersson, Krister & Larson, Anne M.
- 87-93 Towards a European forest policy — Conflicting courses
by Edwards, Peter & Kleinschmit, Daniela
- 97-103 Discursive institutionalist approach to conflict management analysis — The case of old-growth forest conflicts on state-owned land in Finland
by Raitio, Kaisa
- 104-111 Emotional conflicts in rational forestry: Towards a research agenda for understanding emotions in environmental conflicts
by Buijs, Arjen & Lawrence, Anna
- 112-119 Rising policy conflicts in Europe over bioenergy and forestry
by Söderberg, Charlotta & Eckerberg, Katarina
2013, Volume 32, Issue C
- 6-13 The discursive structure of FLEGT (Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade): The negotiation and interpretation of legality in the EU and Indonesia
by van Heeswijk, Laura & Turnhout, Esther
- 14-22 Opinions on legality principles considered in the FLEGT/VPA policy in Ghana and Indonesia
by Wiersum, K. Freerk & Elands, Birgit H.M.
- 23-31 Negotiating the supply of legal timber to the domestic market in Ghana: Explaining policy change intent using the Advocacy Coalition Framework
by Marfo, Emmanuel & Mckeown, James P.
- 32-39 Interaction between the FLEGT-VPA and REDD+ in Ghana: Recommendations for interaction management
by Ochieng, Robert M. & Visseren-Hamakers, Ingrid J. & Nketiah, Kwabena S.
- 40-48 Impacts of international timber procurement policies on Central Africa's forestry sector: The case of Cameroon
by Eba'a Atyi, Richard & Assembe-Mvondo, Samuel & Lescuyer, Guillaume & Cerutti, Paolo
- 49-56 Emerging forest regimes and livelihoods in the Tano Offin Forest Reserve, Ghana: Implications for social safeguards
by Derkyi, Mercy & Ros-Tonen, Mirjam A.F. & Kyereh, Boateng & Dietz, Ton
- 57-67 Promising start, bleak outlook: The role of Ghana's modified taungya system as a social safeguard in timber legality processes
by Ros-Tonen, Mirjam A.F. & Insaidoo, Thomas F.G. & Acheampong, Emmanuel
- 68-77 Artisanal chainsaw milling to support decentralized management of timber in Central Africa? An analysis through the theory of access
by Lescuyer, Guillaume & Cerutti, Paolo Omar & Robiglio, Valentina
2013, Volume 31, Issue C
- 3-11 Fostering transparency in the transnational supply chain: From Russian forest producers to consumers in Europe and the USA
by Tysiachniouk, Maria
- 12-19 Creating trust in institutions in Russian forest localities
by Nysten-Haarala, Soili
- 20-27 Institutional trust: The process of trust formation in Russian forest villages in accordance with the international system of forest certification
by Tulaeva, Svetlana
- 28-36 Trust as a strategy of interaction: Three logging companies in one district
by Kulyasova, Antonina
- 37-43 Forest certification and trust — Different roles in different environments
by Pappila, Minna
- 44-49 Forest companies, corporate social responsibility, and company stakeholders in the Russian forest sector
by Matilainen, Anna-Maija
2013, Volume 30, Issue C
- 1-5 Interest rates in the German forest valuation literature of the early nineteenth century
by Moog, Martin & Bösch, Matthias
- 6-13 Community forestry in the hills of Nepal: Determinants of user participation in forest management
by Chhetri, Bir Bahadur Khanal & Johnsen, Fred Hakon & Konoshima, Masashi & Yoshimoto, Atsushi
- 14-22 How does real option value compare with Faustmann value in the context of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme?
by Manley, Bruce
- 23-29 Equity and forest certification — A case study in Brazil
by Pinto, Luís Fernando Guedes & McDermott, Constance
- 30-38 Property rights, institutions and choice of fuelwood source in rural Ethiopia
by Beyene, Abebe D. & Koch, Steven F.
- 39-45 Faustmann optimal pine stands stochastic rotation problem
by Navarrete, Eduardo & Bustos, Jaime
- 46-52 Determinants of expansion of area under jatropha plantation in North East India: A Tobit analysis
by Choudhury, Hari K. & Goswami, Kishor
2013, Volume 29, Issue C
- 7-18 Fire regime shifts as a consequence of fire policy and socio-economic development: An analysis based on the change point approach
by Pezzatti, Gianni B. & Zumbrunnen, Thomas & Bürgi, Matthias & Ambrosetti, Paolo & Conedera, Marco
- 19-25 The European Forest Fire Information System in the context of environmental policies of the European Union
by San-Miguel-Ayanz, Jesús & Schulte, Ernst & Schmuck, Guido & Camia, Andrea
- 26-35 Influence of territorial variables on the performance of wildfire detection systems in the Iberian Peninsula
by Rego, Francisco & Catry, Filipe X. & Montiel, Cristina & Karlsson, Oskar
- 36-44 An assessment of the effects of forest-related policies upon wildland fires in the European Union
by Galiana, Luis & Aguilar, Susana & Lázaro, Andrea
- 45-55 The state of development of fire management decision support systems in America and Europe
by Mavsar, Robert & González Cabán, Armando & Varela, Elsa
- 56-61 The impact of changing wildfire regimes on wood availability from Portuguese forests
by Rego, Francisco & Louro, Graça & Constantino, Luís
- 62-69 Trade-offs between fire prevention and provision of ecosystem services in Slovenia
by Mavsar, Robert & Japelj, Anže & Kovač, Marko
2013, Volume 28, Issue C
- 1-7 Importance, determinants and gender dimensions of forest income in eastern highlands of Ethiopia: The case of communities around Jelo Afromontane forest
by Asfaw, Adanech & Lemenih, Mulugeta & Kassa, Habtemariam & Ewnetu, Zeleke
- 8-14 A social choice approach to primary resource management: The rubber tree case in Africa
by Diaby, Moussa & Ferrer, Hélène & Valognes, Fabrice
- 15-22 Assessing the impact of macroeconomic news on the U.S. forest products industry portfolio across business cycles: 1963–2010
by Wan, Yang & Clutter, Michael L. & Siry, Jacek P. & Mei, Bin
- 23-37 Uniform global deforestation patterns — An empirical analysis
by Köthke, Margret & Leischner, Bettina & Elsasser, Peter
- 38-43 Bioenergy development in Kentucky: A SWOT-ANP analysis
by Catron, Jonathan & Stainback, G. Andrew & Dwivedi, Puneet & Lhotka, John M.
- 44-51 From wild harvesting to agroforest cultivation: A Chamaedorea palm case study from Chiapas, Mexico
by Rico García-Amado, Luis & Ruiz Pérez, Manuel & Dahringer, Guillaume & Reyes Escutia, Felipe & Barrasa García, Sara & Contreras Mejía, Elsa
- 52-59 Citizens' view of legitimacy in the context of Finnish forest policy
by Valkeapää, Annukka & Karppinen, Heimo
- 60-65 Investor attention and abnormal performance of timberland investments in the United States
by Gao, Lei & Mei, Bin
2013, Volume 27, Issue C
- 1-7 On the optimization of legislative periods — Similarities to the optimization of rotation periods
by Kaiser, Robert & Bösch, Matthias & Moog, Martin
- 8-12 Pricing ecosystem resilience in frequent-fire ponderosa pine forests
by Wu, Tong & Kim, Yeon-Su
- 13-22 Economic crises: Impacts on the forest-based sector and wood-based energy use in Austria
by Schwarzbauer, Peter & Weinfurter, Stefan & Stern, Tobias & Koch, Sebastian
- 23-33 Is forest certification delivering on First Nation issues? The effectiveness of the FSC standard in advancing First Nations' rights in the boreal forests of Ontario and Quebec, Canada
by Teitelbaum, Sara & Wyatt, Stephen
- 34-43 Probabilistic typology of management decision making in private forest properties
by Ficko, Andrej & Boncina, Andrej
- 44-53 Price variation and volume dynamics of securitized timberlands
by Sun, Changyou
- 54-64 Evaluating the impacts of an international phytosanitary standard for wood packaging material: Global and United States trade implications
by Strutt, Anna & Turner, James A. & Haack, Robert A. & Olson, Lars
- 65-74 Trust and hidden conflict in participatory natural resources management: The case of the Pendjari national park (PNP) in Benin
by Idrissou, Latifou & van Paassen, Annemarie & Aarts, Noelle & Vodouhè, Simplice & Leeuwis, Cees
2013, Volume 26, Issue C
- 1-11 Problem structuring in participatory forest planning
by Khadka, Chiranjeewee & Hujala, Teppo & Wolfslehner, Bernhard & Vacik, Harald
- 12-21 Livelihood strategies and forest dependence: New insights from Bolivian forest communities
by Zenteno, Mario & Zuidema, Pieter A. & de Jong, Wil & Boot, René G.A.
- 22-33 An institutional analysis of deforestation processes in protected areas: The case of the transboundary Mt. Elgon, Uganda and Kenya
by Petursson, Jon Geir & Vedeld, Paul & Sassen, Marieke
- 34-42 An economic analysis of the establishment of forest plantations in the United Kingdom to mitigate climatic change
by Nijnik, Maria & Pajot, Guillaume & Moffat, Andy J. & Slee, Bill
- 43-53 Stakeholders' perceptions on developing sustainable Red Sanders (Pterocarpus santalinus L.) wood trade in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Kukrety, Sidhanand & Dwivedi, Puneet & Jose, Shibu & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R.
- 54-62 Challenges in the design of performance-based forestry regulations: Lessons from British Columbia
by Hoberg, George & Malkinson, Leah
- 63-70 Analysing forest resource governance in Africa: Proposition for an integrated policy network model
by Teye, Joseph Kofi
- 71-81 Optimal transportation of logs and location of quay facilities in coastal regions of Norway
by Nørstebø, Vibeke S. & Johansen, Ulf
- 82-90 Diffusion of voluntary protection among family forest owners: Decision process and success factors
by Korhonen, Katri & Hujala, Teppo & Kurttila, Mikko
- 91-101 Adjustment of stock prices and volatility to changes in industrial timberland ownership
by Sun, Changyou & Rahman, Mohammad M. & Munn, Ian A.
- 102-110 Income effects on visitors' decision structure in a suburban natural area
by López-Mosquera, Natalia & Sánchez, Mercedes
- 111-120 Valuing the benefits of an afforestation project in a peri-urban area with choice experiments
by Vecchiato, D. & Tempesta, T.
- 121-130 Preferences of community public advisory group members for characteristics of Canadian forest tenures in pursuit of sustainable forest management objectives
by Kruger, C. & Boxall, P.C. & Luckert, M.K.
- 131-137 The Swedish forest sector's approach to a formalized forest policy within the EU
by Bjärstig, Therese
- 138-144 Options for maintaining forest productivity after natural disturbance: A principal–agent approach
by Bogle, Tim & van Kooten, G. Cornelis
2012, Volume 25, Issue C
- 1-9 Can non-wood forest products be used in promoting household food security?: Evidence from savannah and rain forest regions of Southern Nigeria
by Chukwuone, N.A. & Okeke, C.A.
- 10-18 The effect of incentive structure to community participation in a social forestry program on state forest land in Blora District, Indonesia
by Djamhuri, Tri Lestari
- 19-30 Governance and sustainability challenges in landscapes shaped by mining: Mining-forestry linkages and impacts in the Copper Belt of Zambia and the DR Congo
by Mwitwa, J. & German, L. & Muimba-Kankolongo, A. & Puntodewo, A.
- 31-41 Changing forestry discourses in Vietnam in the past 20years
by Dang, Thi Kim Phung & Turnhout, Esther & Arts, Bas
- 42-46 Analyzing the contributing factors of timber demand in Bangladesh
by Rahman, Mohammad Mahfuzur
- 47-55 Determinants of nonindustrial private forest landowner willingness to accept price offers for woody biomass
by G.C., Shivan & Mehmood, Sayeed R.
- 56-61 Menominee implementation of the Chichilnisky criterion for sustainable forest management
by Trosper, Ronald L.
- 62-71 Identifying policy target groups with qualitative and quantitative methods: The case of wildfire risk on nonindustrial private forest lands
by Fischer, A. Paige
- 72-82 In search for incentives to gum arabic collection and marketing in Senegal: Interlocking gum trade with pre-finances from traders
by Mujawamariya, Gaudiose & D'Haese, Marijke
- 83-92 Factors affecting certification uptake — Perspectives from the timber industry in Ghana
by Carlsen, Kirsten & Hansen, Christian Pilegaard & Lund, Jens Friis
- 93-99 Identifying policy change — Analytical program analysis: An example of two decades of forest policy in Bangladesh
by Sadath, Md. Nazmus & Krott, Max
- 100-112 Regional economic impacts of climate change and adaptation in Canadian forests: A CGE modeling analysis
by Ochuodho, T.O. & Lantz, V.A. & Lloyd-Smith, P. & Benitez, P.
- 113-122 An assessment of forest landowner interest in selling forest carbon credits in the Lake States, USA
by Miller, Kristell A. & Snyder, Stephanie A. & Kilgore, Michael A.
- 123-131 Students' views on forestry education: A cross-national comparison across three universities in Brazil, China and Finland
by Arevalo, Javier & Mola-Yudego, Blas & Pelkonen, Paavo & Qu, Mei
2012, Volume 24, Issue C
- 3-11 Significance of carbon stock uncertainties on emission reductions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries
by Pelletier, Johanne & Kirby, Kathryn R. & Potvin, Catherine
- 12-19 Adapting forestry and forests to climate change: A challenge to change the paradigm
by Schoene, Dieter H.F. & Bernier, Pierre Y.
- 20-28 The role of forest ecosystems in community-based coping strategies to climate hazards: Three examples from rural areas in Africa
by Robledo, Carmenza & Clot, Nicole & Hammill, Anne & Riché, Béatrice
- 29-34 Climate change adaptive capacity of the Canadian forest sector
by Johnston, Mark & Hesseln, Hayley
- 35-40 Potential impact of carbon trading on forest management in New Zealand
by Manley, Bruce & Maclaren, Piers
- 41-47 Adaptation of forest management to climate change among private individual forest owners in Sweden
by Blennow, Kristina
- 48-54 Reprint of: Adaptive capacity deficits and adaptive capacity of economic systems in climate change vulnerability assessment
by Williamson, Tim & Hesseln, Hayley & Johnston, Mark
2012, Volume 23, Issue C
- 1-9 Vulnerability, forest-related sectors and climate change adaptation: The case of Cameroon
by Sonwa, Denis J. & Somorin, Olufunso A. & Jum, Cyprian & Bele, Mekou Y. & Nkem, Johnson N.
- 10-16 Is enrichment planting worth its costs? A financial cost–benefit analysis
by Keefe, K. & Alavalapati, J.A.A. & Pinheiro, C.
- 17-27 Preferences and values for afforestation: The effects of location and respondent understanding on forest attributes in a labelled choice experiment
by Upton, Vincent & Dhubháin, Áine Ní & Bullock, Craig
- 28-39 The Polish Promotional Forest Complexes: objectives, implementation and outcomes towards sustainable forest management?
by Blicharska, Malgorzata & Angelstam, Per & Elbakidze, Marine & Axelsson, Robert & Skorupski, Maciej & Węgiel, Andrzej
- 40-45 Air quality enhancement zones in Taiwan: A carbon reduction benefit assessment
by Wang, Yi-Chung & Lin, Jiunn-Cheng
- 46-54 Why some forest rules are obeyed and others violated by farmers in Ghana: Instrumental and normative perspective of forest law compliance
by Ramcilovic-Suominen, Sabaheta & Hansen, Christian P.
- 55-62 Revealed payments for biodiversity protection in Swedish forests
by Gren, Ing-Marie & Carlsson, Mattias
2012, Volume 22, Issue C
- 3-8 Traditional forest conservation knowledge/technologies in the Cordillera, Northern Philippines
by Camacho, Leni D. & Combalicer, Marilyn S. & Yeo-Chang, Youn & Combalicer, Edwin A. & Carandang, Antonio P. & Camacho, Sofronio C. & de Luna, Catherine C. & Rebugio, Lucrecio L.
- 9-17 Traditional forest knowledge of the Yi people confronting policy reform and social changes in Yunnan province of China
by Jinlong, Liu & Renhua, Zhang & Qiaoyun, Zhang
- 18-27 Indigenous agroforestry in a changing context: The case of the Erumanen ne Menuvu in Southern Philippines
by Neyra-Cabatac, Neyrma M. & Pulhin, Juan M. & Cabanilla, Daylinda B.
- 28-39 Sylvanic trees institutionalized in the ancient Northeast Asia: Cultural and environmental significance of Dan-tree and Sa-tree
by Yi, Cheong-Ho
- 40-46 Cultural uses of non-timber forest products among the Sts'ailes, British Columbia, Canada
by Kim, In-Ae & Trosper, Ronald L. & Mohs, Gordon
- 47-52 Understanding indigenous knowledge in sustainable management of natural resources in China
by Juanwen, Yuan & Quanxin, Wu & Jinlong, Liu
- 53-59 Strengthening the socio-ecological resilience of forest-dependent communities: The case of the Hani Rice Terraces in Yunnan, China
by Gu, Hongyan & Jiao, Yuanmei & Liang, Luohui
- 60-64 Sustainable forest management policy and the analysis of convergence effects on timber production
by Abdul-Rahim, A.S. & Mohd-Shahwahid, H.O.
- 65-71 Carbon sequestration and uneven-aged management of loblolly pine stands in the Southern USA: A joint optimization approach
by Parajuli, Rajan & Chang, Sun Joseph
- 72-84 Does climate change information affect stated risks of pine beetle impacts on forests? An application of the exchangeability method
by Cerroni, Simone & Shaw, W. Douglass
2012, Volume 21, Issue C
- 1-11 When peer-reviewed publications are not enough! Delivering science for natural resource management
by McKinley, Duncan C. & Briggs, Russell D. & Bartuska, Ann M.
- 12-19 Spatial genetic algorithm for multi-objective forest planning
by Fotakis, Dimitris G. & Sidiropoulos, Epameinondas & Myronidis, Dimitriοs & Ioannou, Kostas
- 20-31 Protected areas, poverty and conflicts
by Vedeld, Paul & Jumane, Abdallah & Wapalila, Gloria & Songorwa, Alexander
- 32-43 Developing criteria and indicators for evaluating sustainable forest management: A case study in Kyrgyzstan
by Jalilova, Gulnaz & Khadka, Chiranjeewee & Vacik, Harald
- 44-53 Quantifying the net economic benefits of mechanical wildfire hazard treatments on timberlands of the western United States
by Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Abt, Karen L. & Barbour, R. James
- 54-61 Woody biomass utilization policies: State rankings for the U.S
by Guo, Zhimei & Hodges, Donald G. & Young, Timothy M.
- 62-70 Agriculture and Deforestation: Is REDD+ Rooted In Evidence?
by Pirard, Romain & Belna, Karine
- 71-80 The impact of timber-sale tract, policy, and administrative characteristics on state stumpage prices: An econometric analysis
by Brown, Ross N. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Coggins, Jay S. & Blinn, Charles R.
- 81-91 Evaluation of harvesting methods for Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) using the Analytical Network Process (ANP)
by Ghajar, Ismael & Najafi, Akbar
- 92-100 Relationship between local residents' perceptions, attitudes and participation towards national protected areas: A case study of Phou Khao Khouay National Protected Area, central Lao PDR
by Sirivongs, Khamfeua & Tsuchiya, Toshiyuki
- 101-107 Forest conservation versus conversion under uncertain market and environmental forest benefits in Ethiopia: The case of Sheka forest
by Girma, Hiywot Menker & Hassan, Rashid M. & Hertzler, Greg
- 108-117 How attractive are short-term CDM forestations in arid regions? The case of irrigated croplands in Uzbekistan
by Djanibekov, Utkur & Khamzina, Asia & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A.
- 118-125 Forest owners and power: A Foucauldian study on Finnish forest policy
by Vainio, Annukka & Paloniemi, Riikka
2012, Volume 20, Issue C
- 1-9 Making use of MCDS methods in SWOT analysis—Lessons learnt in strategic natural resources management
by Kajanus, Miika & Leskinen, Pekka & Kurttila, Mikko & Kangas, Jyrki
- 10-15 Growth projection and valuation of restoration of the shortleaf pine–bluestem grass ecosystem
by Zhang, Difei & Huebschmann, Michael M. & Lynch, Thomas B. & Guldin, James M.
- 16-24 Business clusters in Mississippi's forest products industry
by Hagadone, Todd A. & Grala, Robert K.
- 25-35 Empirical evidence of the economic importance of Central Himalayan forests to rural households
by Rayamajhi, Santosh & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Helles, Finn
- 36-48 Spatially constrained forest cover dynamics using Markovian random processes
by Oduor, Peter G. & Kotchman, L. & Nakamura, A. & Jenkins, S. & Ale, G.
- 49-57 Regulation of even-aged forest with adjacency constraints
by Binoti, Daniel Henrique Breda & Binoti, Mayra Luiza Marques da Silva & Leite, Helio Garcia & Gleriani, José Marinaldo & Campos, João Carlos Chagas
- 58-65 When households stop logging — Evidence for household adaptation from East Kalimantan
by Smajgl, Alex & Bohensky, Erin
- 66-71 Conflict management and community support for conservation in the Northern Forest: Case studies from Maine
by Cottle, Morgan A. & Howard, Theodore E.
- 72-77 Dry forest based livelihoods in resettlement areas of Northwestern Ethiopia
by Abebaw, Degnet & Kassa, Habtemariam & Kassie, Girma T. & Lemenih, Mulugeta & Campbell, Bruce & Teka, Worku
- 78-88 Wood provisioning in Mediterranean forests: A bottom-up spatial valuation approach
by Ojea, Elena & Ruiz-Benito, Paloma & Markandya, Anil & Zavala, Miguel A.
- 89-98 An economic evaluation of strategies for transforming even-aged into near-natural forestry in a conifer-dominated forest in Denmark
by Schou, Erik & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Kristensen, Kristian Løkke
- 99-106 The value of cultural theory for participatory processes in natural resource management
by Hoogstra-Klein, Marjanke A. & Permadi, Dwiko B. & Yasmi, Yurdi
- 107-111 Nature conservation and religion
by Yachkaschi, Ali & Yachkaschi, Schirin
- 112-119 Financial status of small and medium scale enterprises based on non-wood forest products (NWFP) in Central Africa
by Tieguhong, Julius Chupezi & Grouwels, Sophie & Ndoye, Ousseynou & Mala, Armand William & Fokou Sakam, Ignace & Useni, Marcel & Betti, Jean Lagarde
2012, Volume 19, Issue C
- 4-11 Towards access for all? Policy and research on access of ethnic minority groups to natural areas in four European countries
by Jay, Marion & Peters, Karin & Buijs, Arjen E. & Gentin, Sandra & Kloek, Marjolein E. & O'Brien, Liz
- 12-19 Public preferences for structural attributes of forests: Towards a pan-European perspective
by Edwards, David & Jay, Marion & Jensen, Frank S. & Lucas, Beatriz & Marzano, Mariella & Montagné, Claire & Peace, Andrew & Weiss, Gerhard
- 20-30 Landscape image sketches of forests in Japan and Russia
by Ueda, Hirofumi & Nakajima, Toshihiro & Takayama, Norimasa & Petrova, Elena & Matsushima, Hajime & Furuya, Katsunori & Aoki, Yoji
- 31-38 The tourist experience of out-there-ness: theory and empirical research
by Elands, Birgit H.M. & Lengkeek, Jaap
- 39-47 The Wilderness Purism Construct — Experiences from Norway with a simplified version of the purism scale
by Vistad, Odd Inge & Vorkinn, Marit
- 48-55 Relationships between national-park affinity and attitudes towards protected area management of visitors to the Gesaeuse National Park, Austria
by Arnberger, Arne & Eder, Renate & Allex, Brigitte & Sterl, Petra & Burns, Robert C.
- 56-65 The effect of education in reducing bear attractants on cottage properties: Manitoba's “Bear Smart” program
by Campbell, J. Michael
2012, Volume 18, Issue C
- 4-12 Lessons for REDDplus: A comparative analysis of the German discourse on forest functions and the global ecosystem services debate
by Pistorius, Till & Schaich, Harald & Winkel, Georg & Plieninger, Tobias & Bieling, Claudia & Konold, Werner & Volz, Karl-Reinhard
- 13-22 Can legality verification rescue global forest governance?
by Cashore, Benjamin & Stone, Michael W.
- 23-29 Payments for Environmental Services (PES) in the public policy landscape: “Mandatory” spices in the Indonesian recipe
by Pirard, Romain
- 30-37 An overview of forest and land allocation policies in Indonesia: Is the current framework sufficient to meet the needs of REDD+?
by Brockhaus, Maria & Obidzinski, Krystof & Dermawan, Ahmad & Laumonier, Yves & Luttrell, Cecilia
- 38-45 Can “fragile states” decide to reduce their deforestation? The inappropriate use of the theory of incentives with respect to the REDD mechanism
by Karsenty, Alain & Ongolo, Symphorien
- 46-52 Governance features for successful REDD+ projects organization
by Pettenella, Davide & Brotto, Lucio
2012, Volume 17, Issue C
- 3-12 Compliance with sustainable forest management guidelines in three timber concessions in the Venezuelan Guayana: Analysis and implications
by Vilanova, Emilio & Ramírez-Angulo, Hirma & Ramírez, Gustavo & Torres-Lezama, Armando
- 13-17 Factors influencing the management regime of Nepal's community forestry
by Pokharel, Ridish K.
- 19-24 Avalanche protection by forests — A choice experiment in the Swiss Alps
by Olschewski, Roland & Bebi, Peter & Teich, Michaela & Wissen Hayek, Ulrike & Grêt-Regamey, Adrienne
- 25-34 Structure and methodology of a public information program (PIP) and the declaration of protected natural areas: The case of the Alto Tajo Natural Park, Spain
by Aguilar, Miguel & García, Álvaro & Álvarez, José Vicente López & García-Hidalgo, José F.
- 34-44 Recreational users' willingness to pay and preferences for changes in planted forest features
by Dhakal, Bhubaneswor & Yao, Richard T. & Turner, James A. & Barnard, Tim
- 45-58 Multiple environmental services as an opportunity for watershed restoration
by Townsend, P.V. & Harper, R.J. & Brennan, P.D. & Dean, C. & Wu, S. & Smettem, K.R.J. & Cook, S.E.
- 59-68 Contribution of cork oak plantations installed after 1990 in Portugal to the Kyoto commitments and to the landowners economy
by Coelho, Marta Baptista & Paulo, Joana Amaral & Palma, João Henrique Nunes & Tomé, Margarida
- 69-76 Bundling of ecosystem services to increase forestland value and enhance sustainable forest management
by Deal, Robert L. & Cochran, Bobby & LaRocco, Gina
2012, Volume 16, Issue C
- 1-6 Political theory in forest policy science
by de Jong, Wil & Arts, Bas & Krott, Max
- 7-13 Forests policy analysis and theory use: Overview and trends
by Arts, Bas
- 14-22 A theoretical framework for explaining the choice of instruments in environmental policy
by Böcher, Michael
- 23-34 “Smart regulation”: Can policy instrument design solve forest policy aims of expansion and sustainability in Flanders and the Netherlands?
by Van Gossum, Peter & Arts, Bas & Verheyen, Kris
- 35-42 Value and risks of the use of analytical theory in science for forest policy
by Krott, Max
- 43-50 Analysing governance modes and shifts — Governance arrangements in Dutch nature policy
by Arnouts, Rikke & van der Zouwen, Mariëlle & Arts, Bas
- 51-64 The Advocacy Coalition Framework in natural resource policy studies — Recent experiences and further prospects
by Sotirov, Metodi & Memmler, Michael