Forest Policy and Economics
2012, Volume 25, Issue C
- 56-61 Menominee implementation of the Chichilnisky criterion for sustainable forest management
by Trosper, Ronald L.
- 62-71 Identifying policy target groups with qualitative and quantitative methods: The case of wildfire risk on nonindustrial private forest lands
by Fischer, A. Paige
- 72-82 In search for incentives to gum arabic collection and marketing in Senegal: Interlocking gum trade with pre-finances from traders
by Mujawamariya, Gaudiose & D'Haese, Marijke
- 83-92 Factors affecting certification uptake — Perspectives from the timber industry in Ghana
by Carlsen, Kirsten & Hansen, Christian Pilegaard & Lund, Jens Friis
- 93-99 Identifying policy change — Analytical program analysis: An example of two decades of forest policy in Bangladesh
by Sadath, Md. Nazmus & Krott, Max
- 100-112 Regional economic impacts of climate change and adaptation in Canadian forests: A CGE modeling analysis
by Ochuodho, T.O. & Lantz, V.A. & Lloyd-Smith, P. & Benitez, P.
- 113-122 An assessment of forest landowner interest in selling forest carbon credits in the Lake States, USA
by Miller, Kristell A. & Snyder, Stephanie A. & Kilgore, Michael A.
- 123-131 Students' views on forestry education: A cross-national comparison across three universities in Brazil, China and Finland
by Arevalo, Javier & Mola-Yudego, Blas & Pelkonen, Paavo & Qu, Mei
2012, Volume 24, Issue C
- 3-11 Significance of carbon stock uncertainties on emission reductions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries
by Pelletier, Johanne & Kirby, Kathryn R. & Potvin, Catherine
- 12-19 Adapting forestry and forests to climate change: A challenge to change the paradigm
by Schoene, Dieter H.F. & Bernier, Pierre Y.
- 20-28 The role of forest ecosystems in community-based coping strategies to climate hazards: Three examples from rural areas in Africa
by Robledo, Carmenza & Clot, Nicole & Hammill, Anne & Riché, Béatrice
- 29-34 Climate change adaptive capacity of the Canadian forest sector
by Johnston, Mark & Hesseln, Hayley
- 35-40 Potential impact of carbon trading on forest management in New Zealand
by Manley, Bruce & Maclaren, Piers
- 41-47 Adaptation of forest management to climate change among private individual forest owners in Sweden
by Blennow, Kristina
- 48-54 Reprint of: Adaptive capacity deficits and adaptive capacity of economic systems in climate change vulnerability assessment
by Williamson, Tim & Hesseln, Hayley & Johnston, Mark
2012, Volume 23, Issue C
- 1-9 Vulnerability, forest-related sectors and climate change adaptation: The case of Cameroon
by Sonwa, Denis J. & Somorin, Olufunso A. & Jum, Cyprian & Bele, Mekou Y. & Nkem, Johnson N.
- 10-16 Is enrichment planting worth its costs? A financial cost–benefit analysis
by Keefe, K. & Alavalapati, J.A.A. & Pinheiro, C.
- 17-27 Preferences and values for afforestation: The effects of location and respondent understanding on forest attributes in a labelled choice experiment
by Upton, Vincent & Dhubháin, Áine Ní & Bullock, Craig
- 28-39 The Polish Promotional Forest Complexes: objectives, implementation and outcomes towards sustainable forest management?
by Blicharska, Malgorzata & Angelstam, Per & Elbakidze, Marine & Axelsson, Robert & Skorupski, Maciej & Węgiel, Andrzej
- 40-45 Air quality enhancement zones in Taiwan: A carbon reduction benefit assessment
by Wang, Yi-Chung & Lin, Jiunn-Cheng
- 46-54 Why some forest rules are obeyed and others violated by farmers in Ghana: Instrumental and normative perspective of forest law compliance
by Ramcilovic-Suominen, Sabaheta & Hansen, Christian P.
- 55-62 Revealed payments for biodiversity protection in Swedish forests
by Gren, Ing-Marie & Carlsson, Mattias
2012, Volume 22, Issue C
- 3-8 Traditional forest conservation knowledge/technologies in the Cordillera, Northern Philippines
by Camacho, Leni D. & Combalicer, Marilyn S. & Yeo-Chang, Youn & Combalicer, Edwin A. & Carandang, Antonio P. & Camacho, Sofronio C. & de Luna, Catherine C. & Rebugio, Lucrecio L.
- 9-17 Traditional forest knowledge of the Yi people confronting policy reform and social changes in Yunnan province of China
by Jinlong, Liu & Renhua, Zhang & Qiaoyun, Zhang
- 18-27 Indigenous agroforestry in a changing context: The case of the Erumanen ne Menuvu in Southern Philippines
by Neyra-Cabatac, Neyrma M. & Pulhin, Juan M. & Cabanilla, Daylinda B.
- 28-39 Sylvanic trees institutionalized in the ancient Northeast Asia: Cultural and environmental significance of Dan-tree and Sa-tree
by Yi, Cheong-Ho
- 40-46 Cultural uses of non-timber forest products among the Sts'ailes, British Columbia, Canada
by Kim, In-Ae & Trosper, Ronald L. & Mohs, Gordon
- 47-52 Understanding indigenous knowledge in sustainable management of natural resources in China
by Juanwen, Yuan & Quanxin, Wu & Jinlong, Liu
- 53-59 Strengthening the socio-ecological resilience of forest-dependent communities: The case of the Hani Rice Terraces in Yunnan, China
by Gu, Hongyan & Jiao, Yuanmei & Liang, Luohui
- 60-64 Sustainable forest management policy and the analysis of convergence effects on timber production
by Abdul-Rahim, A.S. & Mohd-Shahwahid, H.O.
- 65-71 Carbon sequestration and uneven-aged management of loblolly pine stands in the Southern USA: A joint optimization approach
by Parajuli, Rajan & Chang, Sun Joseph
- 72-84 Does climate change information affect stated risks of pine beetle impacts on forests? An application of the exchangeability method
by Cerroni, Simone & Shaw, W. Douglass
2012, Volume 21, Issue C
- 1-11 When peer-reviewed publications are not enough! Delivering science for natural resource management
by McKinley, Duncan C. & Briggs, Russell D. & Bartuska, Ann M.
- 12-19 Spatial genetic algorithm for multi-objective forest planning
by Fotakis, Dimitris G. & Sidiropoulos, Epameinondas & Myronidis, Dimitriοs & Ioannou, Kostas
- 20-31 Protected areas, poverty and conflicts
by Vedeld, Paul & Jumane, Abdallah & Wapalila, Gloria & Songorwa, Alexander
- 32-43 Developing criteria and indicators for evaluating sustainable forest management: A case study in Kyrgyzstan
by Jalilova, Gulnaz & Khadka, Chiranjeewee & Vacik, Harald
- 44-53 Quantifying the net economic benefits of mechanical wildfire hazard treatments on timberlands of the western United States
by Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Abt, Karen L. & Barbour, R. James
- 54-61 Woody biomass utilization policies: State rankings for the U.S
by Guo, Zhimei & Hodges, Donald G. & Young, Timothy M.
- 62-70 Agriculture and Deforestation: Is REDD+ Rooted In Evidence?
by Pirard, Romain & Belna, Karine
- 71-80 The impact of timber-sale tract, policy, and administrative characteristics on state stumpage prices: An econometric analysis
by Brown, Ross N. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Coggins, Jay S. & Blinn, Charles R.
- 81-91 Evaluation of harvesting methods for Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) using the Analytical Network Process (ANP)
by Ghajar, Ismael & Najafi, Akbar
- 92-100 Relationship between local residents' perceptions, attitudes and participation towards national protected areas: A case study of Phou Khao Khouay National Protected Area, central Lao PDR
by Sirivongs, Khamfeua & Tsuchiya, Toshiyuki
- 101-107 Forest conservation versus conversion under uncertain market and environmental forest benefits in Ethiopia: The case of Sheka forest
by Girma, Hiywot Menker & Hassan, Rashid M. & Hertzler, Greg
- 108-117 How attractive are short-term CDM forestations in arid regions? The case of irrigated croplands in Uzbekistan
by Djanibekov, Utkur & Khamzina, Asia & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A.
- 118-125 Forest owners and power: A Foucauldian study on Finnish forest policy
by Vainio, Annukka & Paloniemi, Riikka
2012, Volume 20, Issue C
- 1-9 Making use of MCDS methods in SWOT analysis—Lessons learnt in strategic natural resources management
by Kajanus, Miika & Leskinen, Pekka & Kurttila, Mikko & Kangas, Jyrki
- 10-15 Growth projection and valuation of restoration of the shortleaf pine–bluestem grass ecosystem
by Zhang, Difei & Huebschmann, Michael M. & Lynch, Thomas B. & Guldin, James M.
- 16-24 Business clusters in Mississippi's forest products industry
by Hagadone, Todd A. & Grala, Robert K.
- 25-35 Empirical evidence of the economic importance of Central Himalayan forests to rural households
by Rayamajhi, Santosh & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Helles, Finn
- 36-48 Spatially constrained forest cover dynamics using Markovian random processes
by Oduor, Peter G. & Kotchman, L. & Nakamura, A. & Jenkins, S. & Ale, G.
- 49-57 Regulation of even-aged forest with adjacency constraints
by Binoti, Daniel Henrique Breda & Binoti, Mayra Luiza Marques da Silva & Leite, Helio Garcia & Gleriani, José Marinaldo & Campos, João Carlos Chagas
- 58-65 When households stop logging — Evidence for household adaptation from East Kalimantan
by Smajgl, Alex & Bohensky, Erin
- 66-71 Conflict management and community support for conservation in the Northern Forest: Case studies from Maine
by Cottle, Morgan A. & Howard, Theodore E.
- 72-77 Dry forest based livelihoods in resettlement areas of Northwestern Ethiopia
by Abebaw, Degnet & Kassa, Habtemariam & Kassie, Girma T. & Lemenih, Mulugeta & Campbell, Bruce & Teka, Worku
- 78-88 Wood provisioning in Mediterranean forests: A bottom-up spatial valuation approach
by Ojea, Elena & Ruiz-Benito, Paloma & Markandya, Anil & Zavala, Miguel A.
- 89-98 An economic evaluation of strategies for transforming even-aged into near-natural forestry in a conifer-dominated forest in Denmark
by Schou, Erik & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Kristensen, Kristian Løkke
- 99-106 The value of cultural theory for participatory processes in natural resource management
by Hoogstra-Klein, Marjanke A. & Permadi, Dwiko B. & Yasmi, Yurdi
- 107-111 Nature conservation and religion
by Yachkaschi, Ali & Yachkaschi, Schirin
- 112-119 Financial status of small and medium scale enterprises based on non-wood forest products (NWFP) in Central Africa
by Tieguhong, Julius Chupezi & Grouwels, Sophie & Ndoye, Ousseynou & Mala, Armand William & Fokou Sakam, Ignace & Useni, Marcel & Betti, Jean Lagarde
2012, Volume 19, Issue C
- 4-11 Towards access for all? Policy and research on access of ethnic minority groups to natural areas in four European countries
by Jay, Marion & Peters, Karin & Buijs, Arjen E. & Gentin, Sandra & Kloek, Marjolein E. & O'Brien, Liz
- 12-19 Public preferences for structural attributes of forests: Towards a pan-European perspective
by Edwards, David & Jay, Marion & Jensen, Frank S. & Lucas, Beatriz & Marzano, Mariella & Montagné, Claire & Peace, Andrew & Weiss, Gerhard
- 20-30 Landscape image sketches of forests in Japan and Russia
by Ueda, Hirofumi & Nakajima, Toshihiro & Takayama, Norimasa & Petrova, Elena & Matsushima, Hajime & Furuya, Katsunori & Aoki, Yoji
- 31-38 The tourist experience of out-there-ness: theory and empirical research
by Elands, Birgit H.M. & Lengkeek, Jaap
- 39-47 The Wilderness Purism Construct — Experiences from Norway with a simplified version of the purism scale
by Vistad, Odd Inge & Vorkinn, Marit
- 48-55 Relationships between national-park affinity and attitudes towards protected area management of visitors to the Gesaeuse National Park, Austria
by Arnberger, Arne & Eder, Renate & Allex, Brigitte & Sterl, Petra & Burns, Robert C.
- 56-65 The effect of education in reducing bear attractants on cottage properties: Manitoba's “Bear Smart” program
by Campbell, J. Michael
2012, Volume 18, Issue C
- 4-12 Lessons for REDDplus: A comparative analysis of the German discourse on forest functions and the global ecosystem services debate
by Pistorius, Till & Schaich, Harald & Winkel, Georg & Plieninger, Tobias & Bieling, Claudia & Konold, Werner & Volz, Karl-Reinhard
- 13-22 Can legality verification rescue global forest governance?
by Cashore, Benjamin & Stone, Michael W.
- 23-29 Payments for Environmental Services (PES) in the public policy landscape: “Mandatory” spices in the Indonesian recipe
by Pirard, Romain
- 30-37 An overview of forest and land allocation policies in Indonesia: Is the current framework sufficient to meet the needs of REDD+?
by Brockhaus, Maria & Obidzinski, Krystof & Dermawan, Ahmad & Laumonier, Yves & Luttrell, Cecilia
- 38-45 Can “fragile states” decide to reduce their deforestation? The inappropriate use of the theory of incentives with respect to the REDD mechanism
by Karsenty, Alain & Ongolo, Symphorien
- 46-52 Governance features for successful REDD+ projects organization
by Pettenella, Davide & Brotto, Lucio
2012, Volume 17, Issue C
- 3-12 Compliance with sustainable forest management guidelines in three timber concessions in the Venezuelan Guayana: Analysis and implications
by Vilanova, Emilio & Ramírez-Angulo, Hirma & Ramírez, Gustavo & Torres-Lezama, Armando
- 13-17 Factors influencing the management regime of Nepal's community forestry
by Pokharel, Ridish K.
- 19-24 Avalanche protection by forests — A choice experiment in the Swiss Alps
by Olschewski, Roland & Bebi, Peter & Teich, Michaela & Wissen Hayek, Ulrike & Grêt-Regamey, Adrienne
- 25-34 Structure and methodology of a public information program (PIP) and the declaration of protected natural areas: The case of the Alto Tajo Natural Park, Spain
by Aguilar, Miguel & García, Álvaro & Álvarez, José Vicente López & García-Hidalgo, José F.
- 34-44 Recreational users' willingness to pay and preferences for changes in planted forest features
by Dhakal, Bhubaneswor & Yao, Richard T. & Turner, James A. & Barnard, Tim
- 45-58 Multiple environmental services as an opportunity for watershed restoration
by Townsend, P.V. & Harper, R.J. & Brennan, P.D. & Dean, C. & Wu, S. & Smettem, K.R.J. & Cook, S.E.
- 59-68 Contribution of cork oak plantations installed after 1990 in Portugal to the Kyoto commitments and to the landowners economy
by Coelho, Marta Baptista & Paulo, Joana Amaral & Palma, João Henrique Nunes & Tomé, Margarida
- 69-76 Bundling of ecosystem services to increase forestland value and enhance sustainable forest management
by Deal, Robert L. & Cochran, Bobby & LaRocco, Gina
2012, Volume 16, Issue C
- 1-6 Political theory in forest policy science
by de Jong, Wil & Arts, Bas & Krott, Max
- 7-13 Forests policy analysis and theory use: Overview and trends
by Arts, Bas
- 14-22 A theoretical framework for explaining the choice of instruments in environmental policy
by Böcher, Michael
- 23-34 “Smart regulation”: Can policy instrument design solve forest policy aims of expansion and sustainability in Flanders and the Netherlands?
by Van Gossum, Peter & Arts, Bas & Verheyen, Kris
- 35-42 Value and risks of the use of analytical theory in science for forest policy
by Krott, Max
- 43-50 Analysing governance modes and shifts — Governance arrangements in Dutch nature policy
by Arnouts, Rikke & van der Zouwen, Mariëlle & Arts, Bas
- 51-64 The Advocacy Coalition Framework in natural resource policy studies — Recent experiences and further prospects
by Sotirov, Metodi & Memmler, Michael
- 65-70 Strangers among trees: Territorialisation and forest policies in the northern Bolivian Amazon
by de Jong, Wil & Ruiz, Sergio A.
- 71-80 Confronting the demands of a deliberative public sphere with media constraints
by Kleinschmit, Daniela
- 81-92 Foucault in the forests—A review of the use of ‘Foucauldian’ concepts in forest policy analysis
by Winkel, Georg
- 93-101 Combining deliberative governance theory and discourse analysis to understand the deliberative incompleteness of centrally formulated plans
by Buizer, Marleen & Van Herzele, Ann
- 102-108 Reflections on theories in forest policy: Testing, combining or building?
by Weber, Norbert
2012, Volume 15, Issue C
- 3-11 Rural development and forest owner innovativeness in a country in transition: Qualitative and quantitative insights from tourism in Poland
by Sikora, Adam Tomasz & Nybakk, Erlend
- 12-21 Biodiversity protection and economics in long term boreal forest management — A detailed case for the valuation of protection measures
by Bergseng, Even & Ask, Jon Andreas & Framstad, Erik & Gobakken, Terje & Solberg, Birger & Hoen, Hans Fredrik
- 22-26 Research on residents' selection on supplying urban forestry ecological service
by Li, Ying & Meng, Yao
- 27-36 Cost-benefit analysis of soil and water conservation measure: The case of exclosures in northern Ethiopia
by Balana, Bedru Babulo & Muys, Bart & Haregeweyn, Nigussie & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Deckers, Jozef & Poesen, Jean & Nyssen, Jan & Mathijs, Erik
- 37-45 Traditional knowledge of Korean native beekeeping and sustainable forest management
by Park, Mi Sun & Youn, Yeo-Chang
- 46-53 A review of the role of property rights and forest policies in the management of the Sundarbans Mangrove Forest in Bangladesh
by Roy, Anjan Kumer Dev & Alam, Khorshed & Gow, Jeff
- 54-59 Modeling optimal pine stands harvest under stochastic wood stock and price in Chile
by Navarrete, Eduardo
- 60-69 Optimum harvesting time and clone choices for eucalyptus growers in Vietnam
by Huu-Dung, Nguyen & Yeo-Chang, Youn
- 70-77 The Colonial heritage and post-Colonial influence, entanglements and implications of the concept of community forestry by the example of Cameroon
by Yufanyi Movuh, Mbolo C.
- 78-90 An investigation into the effects of an emissions trading scheme on forest management and land use in New Zealand
by Adams, Thomas & Turner, James A.
- 91-97 Determining appropriate forestry extension model: Application of AHP in the Zagros area, Iran
by Samari, Davood & Azadi, Hossein & Zarafshani, Kiumars & Hosseininia, Gholamhossein & Witlox, Frank
- 98-107 Functioning of farm-grown timber value chains: Lessons from the smallholder-produced teak (Tectona grandis L.f.) poles value chain in Southern Benin
by Aoudji, Augustin K.N. & Adégbidi, Anselme & Agbo, Valentin & Atindogbé, Gilbert & Toyi, Mireille S.S. & Yêvidé, Armand S.I. & Ganglo, Jean C. & Lebailly, Philippe
- 108-113 Avalanche protection by forests — A choice experiment in the Swiss Alps
by Olschewski, Roland & Bebi, Peter & Teich, Michaela & Wissen Hayek, Ulrike & Grêt-Regamey, Adrienne
- 114-122 Selecting a forest plan among alternatives: Consistency of preferences within decision support frameworks
by Eyvindson, Kyle & Hujala, Teppo & Kangas, Annika & Kurttila, Mikko
- 123-131 Price of CO2 emissions and use of wood in Europe
by Lauri, Pekka & Kallio, A. Maarit I. & Schneider, Uwe A.
- 132-139 The role of social networks in forest landscape planning
by Paletto, Alessandro & Ferretti, Fabrizio & De Meo, Isabella
- 140-145 An assessment of nonindustrial private forest landowner willingness to harvest woody biomass in support of bioenergy production in Mississippi: A contingent rating approach
by Gruchy, Steven R. & Grebner, Donald L. & Munn, Ian A. & Joshi, Omkar & Hussain, Anwar
- 146-151 Factors influencing farmers' adoption of slash and burn agriculture in North East India
by Goswami, Kishor & Choudhury, Hari Kanta & Saikia, Jitu
- 152-159 Neoliberalisations in Finnish forestry
by Sarkki, Simo & Rönkä, Anna Reetta
- 160-166 Adaptive capacity deficits and adaptive capacity of economic systems in climate change vulnerability assessment
by Williamson, Tim & Hesseln, Hayley & Johnston, Mark
2011, Volume 13, Issue 8
- 591-602 Environmental impacts and costs of woody Biomass-to-Liquid (BTL) production and use -- A review
by Sunde, K. & Brekke, A. & Solberg, B.
- 603-613 Linking physical, economic and institutional constraints of land use change and forest conservation in the hills of Nepal
by Bahadur K.C., Krishna
- 614-621 Economic losses to Iberian swine production from forest fires
by Molina Martínez, Juan Ramón & Herrera Machuca, Miguel & Zamora Díaz, Ricardo & Rodríguez y Silva, Francisco & González-Cabán, Armando
- 622-629 Has deregulation of non-timber forest product controls and marketing in Orissa state (India) affected local patterns of use and marketing
by Mahapatra, Ajay Kumar & Shackleton, Charlie M.
- 630-641 The political economy of timber taxation: The case of Ghana
by Hansen, Christian P. & Lund, Jens F.
- 642-651 Satisfaction across urban consumers of smallholder-produced teak (Tectona grandis L.f.) poles in South Benin
by Aoudji, Augustin K.N. & Adégbidi, Anselme & Ganglo, Jean C. & Agbo, Valentin & Yêvidé, Armand S.I. & De Cannière, Charles & Lebailly, Philippe
2011, Volume 13, Issue 7
- 513-519 Green accounting for forest and green policies in China -- A pilot national assessment
by Ying, Zhang & Gao, Minxue & Liu, Junchang & Wen, Yali & Song, Weimin
- 520-524 The effects of introducing modern technology on the financial, labour and energy performance of forest operations in the Italian Alps
by Spinelli, Raffaele & Magagnotti, Natascia
- 525-534 From cohesion to conflict in participatory forest management: The case of Ouémé Supérieur and N'Dali (OSN) forests in Benin
by Idrissou, Latifou & van Paassen, Annemarie & Aarts, Noelle & Leeuwis, Cees
- 535-544 Seeing the owner behind the trees: A typology of small-scale private woodland owners in England
by Urquhart, Julie & Courtney, Paul
- 545-553 Farmers' satisfaction with group market arrangements as a measure of group market performance: A transaction cost analysis of Non Timber Forest Products' producer groups in Cameroon
by Foundjem Tita, Divine & D'Haese, Marijke & Degrande, Ann & Tchoundjeu, Zac & Van Damme, Patrick
- 554-562 Valuation of local preferred uses and traditional ecological knowledge in relation to three multipurpose tree species in Benin (West Africa)
by Houehanou, Thierry D. & Assogbadjo, Achille E. & Kakaï, Romain Glele & Houinato, Marcel & Sinsin, Brice
- 563-569 Underlying causes of forest cover change in Odisha, India
by Basu, Amrita & Nayak, Narayan Chandra
- 570-574 The impact of biofuels on the propensity of land-use conversion among non-industrial private forest landowners in Florida
by Pancholy, Nishita & Thomas, Michael H. & Solís, Daniel & Stratis, Nicholas
- 575-581 Effects of subsidies on the profitability of energy wood production of wood chips from early thinnings in Finland
by Petty, Aaron & Kärhä, Kalle
- 582-589 Pushing the boundaries of conventional forest policy research: Analyzing institutional change at multiple levels
by Fréchette, Alain & Lewis, Nathalie
2011, Volume 13, Issue 6
- 411-418 May the Open Method of Coordination be a new instrument for forest policy deliberations in the European Union?
by Pülzl, Helga & Lazdinis, Marius
- 419-424 Value of wild mushroom picking as an environmental service
by Martínez de Aragón, Juan & Riera, Pere & Giergiczny, Marek & Colinas, Carlos
- 425-434 Optimizing forest management in Finland with carbon subsidies and taxes
by Pukkala, Timo
- 435-445 Estimating price and income elasticities of demand for forest products: Cluster analysis used as a tool in grouping
by Michinaka, Tetsuya & Tachibana, Satoshi & Turner, James A.
- 446-455 The realisation of tourism business opportunities adjacent to three national parks in southern Finland: entrepreneurs and local decision-makers matter
by Selby, Ashley & Petäjistö, Leena & Huhtala, Maija
- 456-464 Opening up new strategic options in the pulp and paper industry: Case biorefineries
by Pätäri, Satu & Kyläheiko, Kalevi & Sandström, Jaana
- 465-472 Public preferences for controlling upland invasive plants in state parks: Application of a choice model
by Adams, Damian C. & Bwenge, Anafrida N. & Lee, Donna J. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R.
- 473-478 Dilemmas and challenges in forest conservation and development interventions: Case of Northwest Pakistan
by Shahbaz, Babar & Ali, Tanvir & Suleri, Abid Q.
- 479-487 Price dynamics in the import wooden bed market of the United States
by Sun, Changyou
- 488-495 Modeling forest quality at stand level: A case study of loess plateau in China
by Wang, Naijiang & Bao, Yeqing
- 496-502 Integrating natural risks into silvicultural decision models: A survival function approach
by Staupendahl, Kai & Möhring, Bernhard
- 503-511 Financial consequences of losing admixed tree species: A new approach to value increased financial risks by ungulate browsing
by Clasen, Christian & Griess, Verena C. & Knoke, Thomas
2011, Volume 13, Issue 5
- 311-317 Developing forest sinks in Australia and the United States -- A forest owner's prerogative
by Bull, Lyndall & Thompson, Derek
- 318-327 Factors determining forest management by farmers in northwest Spain: Application of discriminant analysis
by Marey-Pérez, M.F. & Rodríguez-Vicente, V.
- 328-337 Does forest certification enhance community engagement in Australian plantation management?
by Dare, Melanie (Lain) & Schirmer, Jacki & Vanclay, Frank
- 338-344 Bilateral foreign direct investment in forest industry between the U.S. and Canada
by Nagubadi, Rao V. & Zhang, Daowei
- 345-352 Forest users and environmental impacts of community forestry in the hills of Nepal
by Pandit, Ram & Bevilacqua, Eddie
- 353-360 Regional forest organizations and their innovation impact on forestry and regional development in central Switzerland
by Seeland, Klaus & Godat, Joël & Hansmann, Ralf
- 361-365 Contexts and concepts of forest planning in a diverse and contradictory world
by Mermet, Laurent & Farcy, Christine
- 366-377 Kyoto Protocol and "deforestation": A legal analysis on Turkish environment and forest legislation
by Aydin Coskun, Aynur & Gençay, Gökçe
- 378-389 Progress towards and barriers to implementation of a risk framework for US federal wildland fire policy and decision making
by Calkin, David C. & Finney, Mark A. & Ager, Alan A. & Thompson, Matthew P. & Gebert, Krista M.
- 390-395 A case study of socio-economic returns from farm forestry and agriculture in south-east Australia during 1993-2007
by Stewart, Hugh T.L. & Race, Digby H. & Curtis, Allan L. & Stewart, Andrew J.K.
- 396-401 An event analysis of industrial timberland sales on shareholder values of major U.S. forest products firms
by Sun, Xing & Zhang, Daowei
- 402-410 Effects of stochastic interest rates in decision making under risk: A Markov decision process model for forest management
by Zhou, Mo & Buongiorno, Joseph
2011, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 227-233 Tropical forest susceptibility to and risk of fire under changing climate: A review of fire nature, policy and institutions in Indonesia
by Herawati, Hety & Santoso, Heru
- 234-241 Assessing landowner preferences for forest management practices to prevent the southern pine beetle: An attribute-based choice experiment approach
by Rossi, Frederick J. & Carter, Douglas R. & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R. & Nowak, John T.
- 242-257 Social acceptability of alternative forest regimes in Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, using stakeholder attitudes as metrics of uncertainty
by Kijazi, Martin Herbert & Kant, Shashi
- 258-265 Livelihood strategies and the role of forest income in participatory-managed forests of Dodola area in the bale highlands, southern Ethiopia
by Tesfaye, Yemiru & Roos, Anders & Campbell, Bruce M. & Bohlin, Folke
- 266-272 Do altered prices and logging costs for logs of small diameters affect the optimum rotation of Norway spruce in mountainous regions?
by Jöbstl, Hans A.
- 273-283 Breaking the law? Illegal livelihoods from a Protected Area in Uganda
by Tumusiime, David Mwesigye & Vedeld, Paul & Gombya-Ssembajjwe, William
- 284-291 Implications for forest management of the EU Water Framework Directive's stream water quality requirements -- A modeling approach
by Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Löfgren, Stefan & Öhman, Karin
- 292-302 Factors influencing people's participation in the forest management program in Burkina Faso, West Africa
by Coulibaly-Lingani, Pascaline & Savadogo, Patrice & Tigabu, Mulualem & Oden, Per-Christer
- 303-307 Wood import and export and its relation to major macroeconomics variables in Iran
by Mohammadi Limaei, Soleiman & Heybatian, Roghayeh & Heshmatol Vaezin, Seyed Mahdi & Torkman, Javad
2011, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 155-158 Economic impact of enlarging the area of protected forests in Estonia
by Sirgmets, Risto & Kaimre, Paavo & Padari, Allar
- 159-165 Unfolding the organised irresponsibility: Ecosystem approach and the quest for forest biodiversity in Finland, Peru, and Russia
by Hiedanpää, Juha & Kotilainen, Juha & Salo, Matti
- 166-170 Environmental resource consumption pattern in rural Arunachal Pradesh
by Mitra, Amitava & Mishra, Deepak K.
- 171-175 Forestry professionalism overrides gender: A case study of nature perception in Germany
by Storch, Sabine
- 176-183 Explaining wood stock increases in times of decreasing profitability: A statistical analysis
by González-Gómez, Manuel & Otero Giráldez, Mª Soledad & Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos
- 184-190 Legal vs. certified timber: Preliminary impacts of forest certification in Cameroon
by Cerutti, Paolo Omar & Tacconi, Luca & Nasi, Robert & Lescuyer, Guillaume
- 191-198 Can voluntary standards regulate forestry? -- Assessing the environmental impacts of forest certification in Sweden
by Johansson, Johanna & Lidestav, Gun
- 199-205 Income, poverty and charcoal production in Uganda
by Khundi, Fydess & Jagger, Pamela & Shively, Gerald & Sserunkuuma, Dick
- 206-220 Governmental regulation and nongovernmental certification of forests in the tropics: Policy, execution, uptake, and overlap in Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Nicaragua
by McGinley, Kathleen & Cubbage, Frederick W.
- 221-226 Income generation from wild mushrooms in marginal rural areas
by Cai, Mattia & Pettenella, Davide & Vidale, Enrico
2011, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 89-96 The role of social and policy learning in changing forest governance: An examination of community-based forestry initiatives in the U.S
by Cheng, Antony S. & Danks, Cecilia & Allred, Shorna R.
- 97-103 How and why forest managers adapt to socio-economic changes: A case study analysis in Swiss forest enterprises
by Ingold, Karin & Zimmermann, Willi
- 104-112 Forestry governance and collective learning process in Italy: Likelihood or utopia?
by Secco, Laura & Pettenella, Davide & Gatto, Paola
- 113-123 Corporate responsibility and sustainable competitive advantage in forest-based industry: Complementary or conflicting goals?
by Li, N. & Toppinen, A.
- 124-131 Barriers to institutional learning and innovations in the forest sector in Europe: Markets, policies and stakeholders
by Buttoud, Gerard & Kouplevatskaya-Buttoud, Irina & Slee, Bill & Weiss, Gerhard
- 132-142 Policy, project and operational networks: Channels and conduits for learning in forest biodiversity conservation
by Primmer, Eeva
- 143-154 An obituary for national forest programmes? Analyzing and learning from the strategic use of “new modes of governance” in Germany and Bulgaria
by Winkel, Georg & Sotirov, Metodi
2011, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-15 Investment decisions under uncertainty--A methodological review on forest science studies
by Hildebrandt, Patrick & Knoke, Thomas
- 16-23 Improving communication among stakeholders through ex-post transactional analysis -- case study on Romanian forestry
by Dragoi, Marian & Popa, Bogdan & Blujdea, Viorel
- 24-36 Wildland fire risk and social vulnerability in the Southeastern United States: An exploratory spatial data analysis approach
by Gaither, Cassandra Johnson & Poudyal, Neelam C. & Goodrick, Scott & Bowker, J.M. & Malone, Sparkle & Gan, Jianbang
- 37-45 Government science in forestry: Characteristics and policy utilization
by Klenk, Nicole L. & Hickey, Gordon M.
- 46-54 Is an attractive forest also considered well managed? Public preferences for forest cover and stand structure across a rural/urban gradient in northern Portugal
by Carvalho-Ribeiro, Sónia Maria & Lovett, Andrew
- 55-60 Socio-economic issues in forest management in India
by Paul, Sheeladitya & Chakrabarti, Snigdha
- 61-68 Modeling the timber supply impact of introducing weevil-resistant spruce in British Columbia with cellular automata
by Schwab, Olaf & Maness, Thomas & Bull, Gary & Welham, Clive & Seely, Brad & Blanco, Juan
- 69-78 An evaluation of West Virginia's Managed Timberland Tax Incentive Program
by Fortney, Jennifer & Arano, Kathryn G. & Jacobson, Michael
- 79-85 A spatial-temporal analysis of the impact of access restrictions on forest landscapes and household welfare in Tanzania
by Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Lokina, Razack B.
2010, Volume 12, Issue 8
- 545-553 Nesting local forestry initiatives: Revisiting community forest management in a REDD+ world
by Hayes, Tanya & Persha, Lauren
- 554-561 Illegal logging in Cameroon: Causes and the path forward
by Alemagi, Dieudonne & Kozak, Robert A.
- 562-574 Integrating multiple criteria decision analysis in participatory forest planning: Experience from a case study in northern Sweden
by Nordström, Eva-Maria & Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Öhman, Karin
- 575-580 Determining forest conflict hotspots according to academic and environmental groups
by Mola-Yudego, Blas & Gritten, David
- 581-588 Factors influencing nonindustrial private forest landowners' policy preference for promoting bioenergy
by G.C., Shivan & Mehmood, Sayeed R.
- 589-597 Effects of carbon sequestration rewards on forest management--An empirical application of adjusted Faustmann Formulae
by Köthke, Margret & Dieter, Matthias
2010, Volume 12, Issue 7
- 489-496 Challenges in determining national effects of international policy processes: Forest protection in Norway as a case
by Lindstad, Berit H. & Solberg, Birger
- 497-504 Impacts of forest management certification in Argentina and Chile
by Cubbage, Frederick & Diaz, Diana & Yapura, Pablo & Dube, Francis
- 505-512 Community perception of biodiversity conservation within protected areas in Benin
by Vodouhê, Fifanou G. & Coulibaly, Ousmane & Adégbidi, Anselme & Sinsin, Brice
- 513-517 The harvesting behaviour of Irish private forest owners
by Ní Dhubháin, Áine & Maguire, Karl & Farrelly, Niall
- 518-526 Land privatization and afforestation incentive of rural farms in the Northern Uplands of Vietnam
by Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Bauer, Siegfried & Uibrig, Holm
- 527-531 Mixed strategy game theory, application in forest industry
by Limaei, Soleiman Mohammadi
- 532-538 Evaluating the impacts of retention and disposal options for Minnesota's county-administered forest land
by Brown, Ross N. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Hibbard, Calder M.