Forest Policy and Economics
2011, Volume 13, Issue 6
- 435-445 Estimating price and income elasticities of demand for forest products: Cluster analysis used as a tool in grouping
by Michinaka, Tetsuya & Tachibana, Satoshi & Turner, James A.
- 446-455 The realisation of tourism business opportunities adjacent to three national parks in southern Finland: entrepreneurs and local decision-makers matter
by Selby, Ashley & Petäjistö, Leena & Huhtala, Maija
- 456-464 Opening up new strategic options in the pulp and paper industry: Case biorefineries
by Pätäri, Satu & Kyläheiko, Kalevi & Sandström, Jaana
- 465-472 Public preferences for controlling upland invasive plants in state parks: Application of a choice model
by Adams, Damian C. & Bwenge, Anafrida N. & Lee, Donna J. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R.
- 473-478 Dilemmas and challenges in forest conservation and development interventions: Case of Northwest Pakistan
by Shahbaz, Babar & Ali, Tanvir & Suleri, Abid Q.
- 479-487 Price dynamics in the import wooden bed market of the United States
by Sun, Changyou
- 488-495 Modeling forest quality at stand level: A case study of loess plateau in China
by Wang, Naijiang & Bao, Yeqing
- 496-502 Integrating natural risks into silvicultural decision models: A survival function approach
by Staupendahl, Kai & Möhring, Bernhard
- 503-511 Financial consequences of losing admixed tree species: A new approach to value increased financial risks by ungulate browsing
by Clasen, Christian & Griess, Verena C. & Knoke, Thomas
2011, Volume 13, Issue 5
- 311-317 Developing forest sinks in Australia and the United States -- A forest owner's prerogative
by Bull, Lyndall & Thompson, Derek
- 318-327 Factors determining forest management by farmers in northwest Spain: Application of discriminant analysis
by Marey-Pérez, M.F. & Rodríguez-Vicente, V.
- 328-337 Does forest certification enhance community engagement in Australian plantation management?
by Dare, Melanie (Lain) & Schirmer, Jacki & Vanclay, Frank
- 338-344 Bilateral foreign direct investment in forest industry between the U.S. and Canada
by Nagubadi, Rao V. & Zhang, Daowei
- 345-352 Forest users and environmental impacts of community forestry in the hills of Nepal
by Pandit, Ram & Bevilacqua, Eddie
- 353-360 Regional forest organizations and their innovation impact on forestry and regional development in central Switzerland
by Seeland, Klaus & Godat, Joël & Hansmann, Ralf
- 361-365 Contexts and concepts of forest planning in a diverse and contradictory world
by Mermet, Laurent & Farcy, Christine
- 366-377 Kyoto Protocol and "deforestation": A legal analysis on Turkish environment and forest legislation
by Aydin Coskun, Aynur & Gençay, Gökçe
- 378-389 Progress towards and barriers to implementation of a risk framework for US federal wildland fire policy and decision making
by Calkin, David C. & Finney, Mark A. & Ager, Alan A. & Thompson, Matthew P. & Gebert, Krista M.
- 390-395 A case study of socio-economic returns from farm forestry and agriculture in south-east Australia during 1993-2007
by Stewart, Hugh T.L. & Race, Digby H. & Curtis, Allan L. & Stewart, Andrew J.K.
- 396-401 An event analysis of industrial timberland sales on shareholder values of major U.S. forest products firms
by Sun, Xing & Zhang, Daowei
- 402-410 Effects of stochastic interest rates in decision making under risk: A Markov decision process model for forest management
by Zhou, Mo & Buongiorno, Joseph
2011, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 227-233 Tropical forest susceptibility to and risk of fire under changing climate: A review of fire nature, policy and institutions in Indonesia
by Herawati, Hety & Santoso, Heru
- 234-241 Assessing landowner preferences for forest management practices to prevent the southern pine beetle: An attribute-based choice experiment approach
by Rossi, Frederick J. & Carter, Douglas R. & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R. & Nowak, John T.
- 242-257 Social acceptability of alternative forest regimes in Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, using stakeholder attitudes as metrics of uncertainty
by Kijazi, Martin Herbert & Kant, Shashi
- 258-265 Livelihood strategies and the role of forest income in participatory-managed forests of Dodola area in the bale highlands, southern Ethiopia
by Tesfaye, Yemiru & Roos, Anders & Campbell, Bruce M. & Bohlin, Folke
- 266-272 Do altered prices and logging costs for logs of small diameters affect the optimum rotation of Norway spruce in mountainous regions?
by Jöbstl, Hans A.
- 273-283 Breaking the law? Illegal livelihoods from a Protected Area in Uganda
by Tumusiime, David Mwesigye & Vedeld, Paul & Gombya-Ssembajjwe, William
- 284-291 Implications for forest management of the EU Water Framework Directive's stream water quality requirements -- A modeling approach
by Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Löfgren, Stefan & Öhman, Karin
- 292-302 Factors influencing people's participation in the forest management program in Burkina Faso, West Africa
by Coulibaly-Lingani, Pascaline & Savadogo, Patrice & Tigabu, Mulualem & Oden, Per-Christer
- 303-307 Wood import and export and its relation to major macroeconomics variables in Iran
by Mohammadi Limaei, Soleiman & Heybatian, Roghayeh & Heshmatol Vaezin, Seyed Mahdi & Torkman, Javad
2011, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 155-158 Economic impact of enlarging the area of protected forests in Estonia
by Sirgmets, Risto & Kaimre, Paavo & Padari, Allar
- 159-165 Unfolding the organised irresponsibility: Ecosystem approach and the quest for forest biodiversity in Finland, Peru, and Russia
by Hiedanpää, Juha & Kotilainen, Juha & Salo, Matti
- 166-170 Environmental resource consumption pattern in rural Arunachal Pradesh
by Mitra, Amitava & Mishra, Deepak K.
- 171-175 Forestry professionalism overrides gender: A case study of nature perception in Germany
by Storch, Sabine
- 176-183 Explaining wood stock increases in times of decreasing profitability: A statistical analysis
by González-Gómez, Manuel & Otero Giráldez, Mª Soledad & Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos
- 184-190 Legal vs. certified timber: Preliminary impacts of forest certification in Cameroon
by Cerutti, Paolo Omar & Tacconi, Luca & Nasi, Robert & Lescuyer, Guillaume
- 191-198 Can voluntary standards regulate forestry? -- Assessing the environmental impacts of forest certification in Sweden
by Johansson, Johanna & Lidestav, Gun
- 199-205 Income, poverty and charcoal production in Uganda
by Khundi, Fydess & Jagger, Pamela & Shively, Gerald & Sserunkuuma, Dick
- 206-220 Governmental regulation and nongovernmental certification of forests in the tropics: Policy, execution, uptake, and overlap in Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Nicaragua
by McGinley, Kathleen & Cubbage, Frederick W.
- 221-226 Income generation from wild mushrooms in marginal rural areas
by Cai, Mattia & Pettenella, Davide & Vidale, Enrico
2011, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 89-96 The role of social and policy learning in changing forest governance: An examination of community-based forestry initiatives in the U.S
by Cheng, Antony S. & Danks, Cecilia & Allred, Shorna R.
- 97-103 How and why forest managers adapt to socio-economic changes: A case study analysis in Swiss forest enterprises
by Ingold, Karin & Zimmermann, Willi
- 104-112 Forestry governance and collective learning process in Italy: Likelihood or utopia?
by Secco, Laura & Pettenella, Davide & Gatto, Paola
- 113-123 Corporate responsibility and sustainable competitive advantage in forest-based industry: Complementary or conflicting goals?
by Li, N. & Toppinen, A.
- 124-131 Barriers to institutional learning and innovations in the forest sector in Europe: Markets, policies and stakeholders
by Buttoud, Gerard & Kouplevatskaya-Buttoud, Irina & Slee, Bill & Weiss, Gerhard
- 132-142 Policy, project and operational networks: Channels and conduits for learning in forest biodiversity conservation
by Primmer, Eeva
- 143-154 An obituary for national forest programmes? Analyzing and learning from the strategic use of “new modes of governance” in Germany and Bulgaria
by Winkel, Georg & Sotirov, Metodi
2011, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-15 Investment decisions under uncertainty--A methodological review on forest science studies
by Hildebrandt, Patrick & Knoke, Thomas
- 16-23 Improving communication among stakeholders through ex-post transactional analysis -- case study on Romanian forestry
by Dragoi, Marian & Popa, Bogdan & Blujdea, Viorel
- 24-36 Wildland fire risk and social vulnerability in the Southeastern United States: An exploratory spatial data analysis approach
by Gaither, Cassandra Johnson & Poudyal, Neelam C. & Goodrick, Scott & Bowker, J.M. & Malone, Sparkle & Gan, Jianbang
- 37-45 Government science in forestry: Characteristics and policy utilization
by Klenk, Nicole L. & Hickey, Gordon M.
- 46-54 Is an attractive forest also considered well managed? Public preferences for forest cover and stand structure across a rural/urban gradient in northern Portugal
by Carvalho-Ribeiro, Sónia Maria & Lovett, Andrew
- 55-60 Socio-economic issues in forest management in India
by Paul, Sheeladitya & Chakrabarti, Snigdha
- 61-68 Modeling the timber supply impact of introducing weevil-resistant spruce in British Columbia with cellular automata
by Schwab, Olaf & Maness, Thomas & Bull, Gary & Welham, Clive & Seely, Brad & Blanco, Juan
- 69-78 An evaluation of West Virginia's Managed Timberland Tax Incentive Program
by Fortney, Jennifer & Arano, Kathryn G. & Jacobson, Michael
- 79-85 A spatial-temporal analysis of the impact of access restrictions on forest landscapes and household welfare in Tanzania
by Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Lokina, Razack B.
2010, Volume 12, Issue 8
- 545-553 Nesting local forestry initiatives: Revisiting community forest management in a REDD+ world
by Hayes, Tanya & Persha, Lauren
- 554-561 Illegal logging in Cameroon: Causes and the path forward
by Alemagi, Dieudonne & Kozak, Robert A.
- 562-574 Integrating multiple criteria decision analysis in participatory forest planning: Experience from a case study in northern Sweden
by Nordström, Eva-Maria & Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Öhman, Karin
- 575-580 Determining forest conflict hotspots according to academic and environmental groups
by Mola-Yudego, Blas & Gritten, David
- 581-588 Factors influencing nonindustrial private forest landowners' policy preference for promoting bioenergy
by G.C., Shivan & Mehmood, Sayeed R.
- 589-597 Effects of carbon sequestration rewards on forest management--An empirical application of adjusted Faustmann Formulae
by Köthke, Margret & Dieter, Matthias
2010, Volume 12, Issue 7
- 489-496 Challenges in determining national effects of international policy processes: Forest protection in Norway as a case
by Lindstad, Berit H. & Solberg, Birger
- 497-504 Impacts of forest management certification in Argentina and Chile
by Cubbage, Frederick & Diaz, Diana & Yapura, Pablo & Dube, Francis
- 505-512 Community perception of biodiversity conservation within protected areas in Benin
by Vodouhê, Fifanou G. & Coulibaly, Ousmane & Adégbidi, Anselme & Sinsin, Brice
- 513-517 The harvesting behaviour of Irish private forest owners
by Ní Dhubháin, Áine & Maguire, Karl & Farrelly, Niall
- 518-526 Land privatization and afforestation incentive of rural farms in the Northern Uplands of Vietnam
by Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Bauer, Siegfried & Uibrig, Holm
- 527-531 Mixed strategy game theory, application in forest industry
by Limaei, Soleiman Mohammadi
- 532-538 Evaluating the impacts of retention and disposal options for Minnesota's county-administered forest land
by Brown, Ross N. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Hibbard, Calder M.
- 539-540 Anne M. Larson, Deborah Barry, Ganga Ram Dahal and Carol J. Pierce Colfer, Editors, Forests for People: Community Rights and Forest Tenure Reform, The Earthscan Forest Library, London, UK and Washington, DC, USA (2010) xv + 256 pp. ISBN 978-1-84407-918-6
by Bose, Purabi
2010, Volume 12, Issue 6
- 399-406 Wood-to-energy expansion, forest ownership changes, and mill closure: Consequences for U.S. South's wood supply chain
by Conrad IV, Joseph L. & Bolding, M. Chad & Aust, W. Michael & Smith, Robert L.
- 407-414 Do rural households extract more forest products in times of crisis? Evidence from the mountainous uplands of Vietnam
by Völker, Marc & Waibel, Hermann
- 415-422 Insect infestation and residential property values: A hedonic analysis of the mountain pine beetle epidemic
by Price, James I. & McCollum, Daniel W. & Berrens, Robert P.
- 423-431 Swedish forest commons -- A matter of governance?
by Holmgren, Eva & Keskitalo, E. Carina H. & Lidestav, Gun
- 432-438 Urban forests' potential to supply marketable carbon emission offsets: A survey of municipal governments in the United States
by Poudyal, Neelam C. & Siry, Jacek P. & Bowker, J.M.
- 439-450 Access of rural women to forest resources and its impact on rural household welfare in North Central Nigeria
by Adedayo, A.G. & Oyun, M.B. & Kadeba, O.
- 451-456 Returns to scale in the Eastern United States logging industry
by Stuart, William B. & Grace, Laura A. & Grala, Robert K.
- 457-472 Deforestation processes in Greece: A spatial analysis by using an ordinal regression model
by Minetos, Dionysios & Polyzos, Serafeim
- 473-482 Profitability of measures to increase forest growth
by Simonsen, Rune & Rosvall, Ola & Gong, Peichen & Wibe, Sören
2010, Volume 12, Issue 5
- 323-329 A theoretical economic model for choosing efficient wildfire suppression strategies
by Mendes, Isabel
- 330-339 Risk preferences, risk perceptions and timber harvest decisions -- An empirical study of nonindustrial private forest owners in northern Sweden
by Andersson, Mats & Gong, Peichen
- 340-348 Assessment of economic sustainability of the strip clear-cutting system in the Peruvian Amazon
by Rondon, Xanic J. & Gorchov, David L. & Elliott, Steve R.
- 349-356 Public participation in practice -- Assessing public participation in the preparation of regional forest programs in Northern Finland
by Saarikoski, Heli & Tikkanen, Jukka & Leskinen, Leena A.
- 357-369 Forest stakeholders' value preferences in Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
by Kijazi, Martin Herbert & Kant, Shashi
- 370-376 Tropical forest conservation: Attitudes and preferences
by Baranzini, Andrea & Faust, Anne-Kathrin & Huberman, David
- 377-386 Comparison of various sources of uncertainty in stand-level net present value estimates
by Holopainen, Markus & Mäkinen, Antti & Rasinmäki, Jussi & Hyytiäinen, Kari & Bayazidi, Saeed & Pietilä, Ilona
- 387-396 Private sector development implications of the export performance determinants of U.S. small-medium forest enterprises to Mexico, Europe, and Asia
by Parhizkar, Omid & Miller, Chad R. & Smith, Robert L.
2010, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 239-249 Factors affecting rural development in turkey: BartIn case study
by YIlmaz, Bülent & Dasdemir, Ismet & Atmis, Erdogan & Lise, Wietze
- 250-263 The preconditions for the formation of private forest owners' interest associations in the Western Balkan Region
by Glück, Peter & Avdibegovic, Mersudin & Cabaravdic, Azra & Nonic, Dragan & Petrovic, Nenad & Posavec, Stjepan & Stojanovska, Makedonka
- 264-270 Crediting carbon in dry forests: The potential for community forest management in West Africa
by Skutsch, Margaret M. & Ba, Libasse
- 271-276 The evolution of the timber sector in lowland Bolivia: Examining the influence of three disparate policy approaches
by Pacheco, Pablo & de Jong, Wil & Johnson, James
- 277-286 Assessing the mitigation potential of forestry activities in a changing climate: A case study for Karnataka
by Khatun, Kaysara & Valdes, Paul J. & Knorr, Wolfgang & Chaturvedi, Rajiv Kumar
- 287-298 Forest harvesting entrepreneurs, perception of their business status and its influence on performance evaluation
by Drolet, Steve & LeBel, Luc
- 299-307 What is the relevance of option pricing for forest valuation in New Zealand?
by Manley, Bruce & Niquidet, Kurt
- 308-316 Potential for biofuel development in Tihvin and Boksitogorsk districts of the Leningrad region -- The analysis of energy wood supply systems and costs
by Goltsev, Vadim & Ilavský, Ján & Gerasimov, Yuri & Karjalainen, Timo
2010, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 157-162 Socio-economic impacts on the attitudes towards conservation of natural resources: Case study from Serbia
by Tomicevic, Jelena & Shannon, Margaret A. & Milovanovic, Marina
- 163-172 Visitors' satisfaction, perceptions and gap analysis: The case of Dadia-Lefkimi-Souflion National Park
by Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Grigoroudis, Evangelos
- 173-180 Understanding the management logic of private forest owners: A new approach
by Novais, Ana & Canadas, Maria João
- 181-188 Institutional change from the margins of natural resource use: The emergence of small-scale bioenergy production within industrial forestry in Finland
by Åkerman, Maria & Kilpiö, Aino & Peltola, Taru
- 189-193 Socio-economic benefits of protected areas as perceived by local people around Cross River National Park, Nigeria
by Ezebilo, Eugene E. & Mattsson, Leif
- 194-198 A tool for productivity and cost forecasting of decentralised wood chipping
by Spinelli, Raffaele & Magagnotti, Natascia
- 199-206 Development of timber framed firms in the construction sector -- Is EU policy one source of their innovation?
by Tykkä, Saana & McCluskey, Denise & Nord, Tomas & Ollonqvist, Pekka & Hugosson, Mårten & Roos, Anders & Ukrainski, Kadri & Nyrud, Anders Q. & Bajric, Fahrudin
- 207-212 Forest-mill integration: A transaction cost perspective
by Niquidet, Kurt & O'Kelly, Glen
- 213-222 Stakeholder perspectives about proper participation for Regional Forest Programmes in Finland
by Kangas, A. & Saarinen, N. & Saarikoski, H. & Leskinen, L.A. & Hujala, T. & Tikkanen, J.
- 223-230 Plantation development: Economic analysis of forest management in Fujian Province, China
by Ying, Zhang & Irland, LIoyd & Zhou, Xiaohong & Song, Yajie & Wen, Yali & Liu, Junchang & Song, Weimin & Qiu, Yang
- 231-235 The forest ecological footprint distribution of Chinese log imports
by Nie, Ying & Ji, Chunyi & Yang, Hongqiang
2010, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 79-93 Negotiation-based distributed wood procurement planning within a multi-firm environment
by Beaudoin, D. & Frayret, J.-M. & LeBel, L.
- 94-103 A benefit-cost analysis of establishing protected natural areas in New Brunswick, Canada
by Wilson, Jeffrey J. & Lantz, Van A. & MacLean, David A.
- 104-110 Examining incentives for adjacent non-industrial private forest landowners to cooperate
by Vokoun, Melinda & Amacher, Gregory S. & Sullivan, Jay & Wear, Dave
- 111-120 Assessing impacts of Common Agricultural Policy changes on regional land use patterns with a decision support system: An application in Southern Portugal
by Borges, P.J. & Fragoso, R. & Garcia-Gonzalo, J. & Borges, J.G. & Marques, S. & Lucas, M.R.
- 121-128 A demographic examination of societal views regarding corporate social responsibility in the US forest products industry
by Panwar, Rajat & Han, Xiaoou & Hansen, Eric
- 129-135 Assessing the lumber manufacturing sector in western Washington
by Daniels, Jean M.
- 136-146 Professional judgment in non-industrial private forestry: Forester attitudes and social norms influencing biodiversity conservation
by Primmer, Eeva & Karppinen, Heimo
- 147-154 Guiding preventative wildland fire mitigation policy and decisions with an economic modeling system
by Stockmann, Keith & Burchfield, James & Calkin, Dave & Venn, Tyron
2009, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 213-220 Role of foresters' perspectives in orienting agroforestry programmes
by Sood, Kamal Kishor & Mitchell, C. Paul
- 221-229 Local pricing system of forest products and its relations to equitable benefit sharing and livelihood improvement in the lowland community forestry program in Nepal
by Dhakal, Maheshwar & Masuda, Misa
- 230-236 Owner-specific factors associated with conversion activity in secondary pine plantations
by Van Herzele, Ann & Van Gossum, Peter
- 237-243 Managing invasive plants on public conservation forestlands: Application of a bio-economic model
by Lee, Donna J. & Adams, Damian C. & Kim, C.S.
- 244-252 A computable general equilibrium analysis of forest concessions in Brazil
by Banerjee, Onil & Alavalapati, Janaki
- 253-259 Evaluating natural resource amenities in a human life expectancy production function
by Poudyal, Neelam C. & Hodges, Donald G. & Bowker, J.M. & Cordell, H.K.
- 260-265 An empirical analysis of bill co-sponsorship in the U.S. Senate: The Tree Act of 2007
by Tanger, Shaun M. & Laband, David N.
- 266-270 An analysis of Greek wood and wood product imports: Evidence from the linear quadratic aids
by Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Klonaris, Stathis
- 271-279 What accounts for the divergence between ranchers' WTA and WTP for public forage?
by Sun, Lili & van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Voss, Graham M.
- 280-287 A stochastic frontier analysis of technical progress, efficiency change and productivity growth in the Pacific Northwest sawmill industry
by Helvoigt, Ted L. & Adams, Darius M.
- 288-293 Motivating factors and facilitating conditions explaining women's participation in co-management of Sri Lankan forests
by Nuggehalli, Roshni K. & Prokopy, Linda Stalker
- 294-300 Demand for non-timber forest products: Surveys of urban consumers and sellers in Switzerland
by Kilchling, Petra & Hansmann, Ralf & Seeland, Klaus
- 301-302 The Economics of Forest Disturbances: Wildfires, Storms, and Invasive Species, Thomas P. Holmes, Jeffrey P. Prestemon, and Karen L. Abt (Eds.), 2008, Springer Science + Business Media B.V., xiii + 415 pp., ISBN 978-1-4020-4369-7, e-ISBN 978-1-4020-4370-3, Volume 79 in the Springer Forestry Sciences Series
by Yoder, Jonathan
2009, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 155-160 Willingness to pay function for two fuel treatments to reduce wildfire acreage burned: A scope test and comparison of White and Hispanic households
by Loomis, John B. & Le Trong Hung & González-Cabán, Armando
- 161-168 Technical innovation in Spain's wood-based industry: The role of environmental and quality strategies
by Alfranca, Óscar & Diaz-Balteiro, Luis & Herruzo, A. Casimiro
- 169-173 How to improve the marketing of timber in France?
by Elyakime, B. & Cabanettes, A.
- 174-183 Valuation of tropical forest services and mechanisms to finance their conservation and sustainable use: A case study of Tapantí National Park, Costa Rica
by Bernard, Florence & de Groot, Rudolf S. & Campos, José Joaquín
- 184-193 Spatial econometric analysis of location drivers in a renewable resource-based industry: The U.S. South Lumber Industry
by Aguilar, Francisco X.
- 194-201 Valuing diversity and spatial pattern of open space plots in urban neighborhoods
by Poudyal, Neelam C. & Hodges, Donald G. & Tonn, Bruce & Cho, Seong-Hoon
- 202-208 A short history of Dutch forest policy: The 'de-institutionalisation' of a policy arrangement
by Veenman, Sietske & Liefferink, Duncan & Arts, Bas
2009, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 85-94 Effects of tax incentives on long-run capital formation and total factor productivity growth in the Canadian sawmilling industry
by Ghebremichael, Asghedom & Potter-Witter, Karen
- 95-101 Forest property rights in the frame of public policies and societal change
by Irimie, Doru Leonard & Essmann, Hans Friedrich
- 102-108 Factors affecting forest cooperative's participation in forestry in Turkey
by Atmis, Erdogan & Günsen, H. Batuhan & Lise, Banu Bayramoglu & Lise, Wietze
- 109-122 Partnerships for sustainable development as discursive practice: Shifts in discourses of environment and democracy
by Mert, Aysem
- 123-131 The economic contribution of forest resource use to rural livelihoods in Tigray, Northern Ethiopia
by Babulo, Bedru & Muys, Bart & Nega, Fredu & Tollens, Eric & Nyssen, Jan & Deckers, Jozef & Mathijs, Erik
- 132-139 Determinants of private forest management decisions: A study on West Virginia NIPF landowners
by Joshi, Sudiksha & Arano, Kathryn G.
- 140-147 Effects of presenting forest simulation results on the forest values and attitudes of forestry professionals and other forest users in Central Labrador
by Berninger, Kati & Kneeshaw, Daniel & Messier, Christian
- 148-154 The Magna Charta of Environmental Legislation: A historical look at 30Â years of NEPA-Forest Service Litigation
by Broussard, Shorna R. & Whitaker, Bianca D.
- 155-162 Assessing the role of federal community assistance programs to develop biomass utilization capacity in the western United States
by Becker, Dennis R. & Nechodom, Mark & Barnett, Adam & Mason, Tad & Lowell, Eini C. & Shelly, John & Graham, Dean
- 163-164 Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe, State of Europe's forests 2007 , The MCPFE Report on Sustainable Forest Management in Europe, Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe, Warsaw, Poland (2007) 247 pp
by Innes, John L.
2009, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-9 Mesta: An internet-based decision-support application for participatory strategic-level natural resources planning
by Hiltunen, Veikko & Kurttila, Mikko & Leskinen, Pekka & Pasanen, Karri & Pykäläinen, Jouni
- 10-17 Making friends in Zurich's urban forests and parks: The role of public green space for social inclusion of youths from different cultures
by Seeland, Klaus & Dübendorfer, Sabine & Hansmann, Ralf
- 18-25 The role of non-timber forest products during agroecosystem shift in Xishuangbanna, southwestern China
by Fu, Yongneng & Chen, Jin & Guo, Huijun & Chen, Aiguo & Cui, Jingyun & Hu, Huabin
- 26-33 Forest policy analysis praxis: Modelling the problem of forest loss in Cameroon
by Mbatu, Richard S.
- 34-41 Valuation of non-timber forest products value chains
by Jensen, Anders
- 42-49 Urbanization's impact on sustained yield management as perceived by forestry professionals in central New York
by Vickery, Brandon W. & Germain, René H. & Bevilacqua, Eddie
- 50-55 Assessing the value of forestry to the Irish economy -- An input-output approach
by Ní Dhubháin, Áine & Fléchard, Marie-Christine & Moloney, Richard & O'Connor, Deirdre
- 56-64 Asymmetry in price transmission between the producer and the consumer prices in the wood sector and the role of imports: The case of Greece
by Koutroumanidis, Theodoros & Zafeiriou, Eleni & Arabatzis, Garyfallos
- 65-75 Process-based analysis of added value in forest product industries
by Sathre, Roger & Gustavsson, Leif
- 76-77 Scenarios on Forest Management in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Ukraine, Schellaas, M.-J., Buksha, I., Cerny, M., Cienciala, E., Csoka, P., Galinski, W., Karjalainen, T., Kolozs, L., Nabuurs, G.-J., Pasternak, V., Pussinen, A., Sódor, M., Wawrzoniak, J., 2004, European Forest Institute -- Research Report 17, Brill Leiden, Boston, 107 pp., ISBN-10: 9004137270; ISBN-13: 978-9004137271
by Vuletic, Dijana
- 77-77 Julian Evans and John W Turnbull, Plantation Forestry in the Tropics , The Role, Silviculture, and Use of Planted Forests for Industrial, Social, Environmental, and Agroforestry Purposes, Oxford University Press, Oxford (2006) 467 pp., ISBN-10: 0198509472; ISBN-13: 978-0198509479
by Bösch, Matthias
- 78-79 Irene Guijt, Editor, Negotiated Learning: Collaborating Monitoring in Forest Resource Management, Resources for the Future Press, Washington, DC, USA (2007) xi + 163 pp., ISBN 978-1-933115-38-2
by Bose, Purabi
- 77-78 Adrian C Newton, Forest Ecology and Conservation: A Handbook of Techniques , Oxford University Press, Oxford (2007) 454 pp., ISBN-10: 0198567456, ISBN-13: 978-0198567455
by Schlaepfer, Rodolphe
2008, Volume 10, Issue 7-8
- 435-443 Legal frameworks for and the practice of participatory natural resources management in South Africa
by Holmes-Watts, Tania & Watts, Scotney
- 444-449 The impact of forest service litigation success on administrative appeals of proposed fuels reduction actions
by Laband, David N. & Hussain, Anwar & González-Cabán, Armando
- 450-459 Determinants of export marketing strategies of forest products companies in the context of transition -- The case of Slovakia
by Brodrechtova, Yvonne
- 460-466 Empirical specification of cost reductions associated with accumulated knowledge in the Swedish kraft paper industry
by Lundmark, Robert
- 467-472 Valuing forest recreation on the national level in a transition economy: The case of Poland
by Bartczak, Anna & Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle & Zandersen, Marianne & Zylicz, Tomasz
- 473-479 Entrepreneurial attitude, innovation and performance among Norwegian nature-based tourism enterprises
by Nybakk, Erlend & Hansen, Eric
- 480-490 Long-term effects of eliminating illegal logging on the world forest industries, trade, and inventory
by Li, Ruhong & Buongiorno, J. & Turner, J.A. & Zhu, S. & Prestemon, J.
- 491-499 Public compensation for windstorm damage reduces incentives for risk management investments
by Brunette, Marielle & Couture, Stéphane
- 500-506 Corporate responsibility reporting by large pulp and paper companies
by Mikkilä, Mirja & Toppinen, Anne
- 507-514 What does it take to get family forest owners to enroll in a forest stewardship-type program?
by Kilgore, Michael A. & Snyder, Stephanie A. & Schertz, Joseph & Taff, Steven J.
- 515-522 Implementation failure of the forest expansion policy in Flanders (Northern Belgium) and the policy learning potential
by Van Gossum, Peter & Ledene, Liselot & Arts, Bas & De Vreese, Rik & Verheyen, Kris
- 523-523 Darius Adams and Richard W. Haynes, Editors, Resource and Market Projections for Forest Policy Development: Twenty-five years of experience with the US RPA Timber Assessment, Springer, Dordrecht (2007) 589 pp. ISBN-10: 1402063083 ISBN-13: 978-1402063084
by Nabuurs, Gert-Jan
2008, Volume 10, Issue 6
- 341-343 Wildfire mitigation
by Teeter, Lawrence
- 344-354 The economics of alternative fuel reduction treatments in western United States dry forests: Financial and policy implications from the National Fire and Fire Surrogate Study
by Hartsough, Bruce R. & Abrams, Scott & Barbour, R. James & Drews, Erik S. & McIver, James D. & Moghaddas, Jason J. & Schwilk, Dylan W. & Stephens, Scott L.
- 355-362 Assessing the cost of fuel reduction treatments: A critical review
by Rummer, Bob
- 363-372 Market impacts of hypothetical fuel treatment thinning programs on federal lands in the western United States
by Ince, Peter J. & Spelter, Henry & Skog, Kenneth E. & Kramp, Andrew & Dykstra, Dennis P.
- 373-385 Timber product output implications of a program of mechanical fuel treatments applied on public timberland in the Western United States
by Barbour, R. James & Zhou, Xiaoping & Prestemon, Jeffrey P.
- 386-399 Market impacts of a multiyear mechanical fuel treatment program in the U.S
by Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Abt, Karen L. & Huggett Jr., Robert J.
- 400-407 Potential biomass and logs from fire-hazard-reduction treatments in Southwest Oregon and Northern California
by Barbour, R. James & Fried, Jeremy S. & Daugherty, Peter J. & Christensen, Glenn & Fight, Roger
- 408-414 Efficacy of mechanical fuel treatments for reducing wildfire hazard
by Huggett Jr., Robert J. & Abt, Karen L. & Shepperd, Wayne
- 415-423 Investigating intended evacuation from wildfires in the wildland-urban interface: Application of a bivariate probit model
by Mozumder, Pallab & Raheem, Nejem & Talberth, John & Berrens, Robert P.
- 424-425 Ewald Rametsteiner, Gerhard Weiss and Klaus Kubeczko, Innovation and entrepreneurship in forestry in Central Europe , Koninklijke Brill NV Leiden, The Netherlands/European Forest Institute (2005) 179 pp
by Paligorov, Ivan
- 426-427 K.M. Reynolds, A.J. Thomson, M. Köhl, M.A. Shannon, D. Ray and K. Rennolls, Editors, Sustainable Forestry: From Monitoring and Modelling to Knowledge Management and Policy Science, CAB International, Oxfordshire, UK (2007) 527 p
by O'Laughlin, Jay
- 428-429 Roger Sands, Forestry in a Global Context , CABI Publishing, Wallingford UK (2005) ISBN 978-0851990897 262 pp.
by Dhakal, Maheshwar
2008, Volume 10, Issue 5
- 275-285 Impacts of payments for environmental services on local development in northern Costa Rica: A fuzzy multi-criteria analysis
by Locatelli, Bruno & Rojas, Varinia & Salinas, Zenia
- 286-294 Event analysis of the impact of mergers and acquisitions on the financial performance of the U.S. forest products industry
by Mei, Bin & Sun, Changyou
- 295-302 Estimating the effects of adjacency and green-up constraints on landowners of different sizes and spatial arrangements located in the southeastern U.S
by Zhu, Jianping & Bettinger, Pete
- 303-315 Property rights, land conflicts and deforestation in the Eastern Amazon
by Puppim de Oliveira, Jose Antonio
- 316-325 Framing environmental policy by the local press: Case study from the Dadia Forest Reserve, Greece
by Hovardas, Tasos & Korfiatis, Konstantinos J.
- 326-335 A marginal cost analysis of trade-offs in old-growth preservation in Ontario
by Khajuria, Rajendra Prasad & Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna & Kant, Shashi
- 336-336 C.C. Konijnendijk, K. Nilsson, T.B. Randrup and J.S. Schipperijn, Editors, Urban Forests and Trees, Springer, Berlin (2005) xx + 520 pp
by Lynch, Jim
2008, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 205-219 Estimating rates of substitution for protecting values at risk for initial attack planning and budgeting
by Rideout, Douglas B. & Ziesler, Pamela S. & Kling, Robert & Loomis, John B. & Botti, Stephen J.
- 220-229 The future orientation of foresters: An exploratory research among Dutch foresters into the prerequisite for strategic planning in forestry
by Hoogstra, Marjanke A. & Schanz, Heiner
- 230-239 Voluntary agreements in protecting privately owned forests in Finland -- To buy or to lease
by Juutinen, Artti & Mantymaa, Erkki & Monkkonen, Mikko & Svento, Rauli
- 240-247 What factors influence obtaining forest certification in the U.S. Pacific Northwest
by Tikina, Anna & Kozak, Robert & Larson, Bruce
- 248-256 Quantifying the direct social and governmental costs of illegal logging in the Bolivian, Brazilian, and Peruvian Amazon
by Gutierrez-Velez, Victor Hugo & MacDicken, Kenneth
- 257-269 Responding to the Kyoto Protocol through forestry: A comparison of opportunities for several countries in Europe
by Nijnik, Maria & Bizikova, Livia
- 270-271 N.K. Ninan, S. Jyothis, P. Babu and V. Ramakrishnappa, Editors, The Economics of Biodiversity Conservation: Valuation in Tropical Forest Ecosystems, Earthscan (2007-09-15) 1-84407-364-5, 978-1-84407-364-1
by Dawson, Graham
- 271-272 J.L. Innes, G.M. Hickey and H.F. Hoen, Editors, Forestry and Environmental Change: Socioeconomic and Political Dimensions, CABI Publishing, Wallingford (2005) vii+ 265 pp
by Lynch, Jim
2008, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 89-97 Examining private forest policy preferences
by Janota, Jessica J. & Broussard, Shorna R.
- 98-107 A concept for the calculation of financial losses when changing the forest management strategy
by Mohring, Bernhard & Ruping, Ursula
- 108-116 Exchange rates and the competitiveness of the United States timber sector in a global economy
by Daigneault, Adam J. & Sohngen, Brent & Sedjo, Roger
- 117-127 Voting methods in strategic forest planning -- Experiences from Metsahallitus
by Hiltunen, Veikko & Kangas, Jyrki & Pykalainen, Jouni