Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: what we can learn from the past
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Freeman, Christopher & Soete, Luc, 2009. "Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: What we can learn from the past," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 583-589, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Van Reenen & Rupert Harrison & Rachel Griffith, 2006.
"How Special Is the Special Relationship? Using the Impact of U.S. R&D Spillovers on U.K. Firms as a Test of Technology Sourcing,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1859-1875, December.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & John Van Reenen, 2004. "How Special is the Special Relationship? Using the Impact of US R&D Spillovers on UK Firms as a Test of Technology Sourcing," CEP Discussion Papers dp0659, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & John Van Reenen, 2004. "How special is the special relationship? Using the impact of US R&D spillovers on UK firms as a test of technology sourcing," IFS Working Papers W04/32, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Griffith, Rachel & Harrison, Rupert & Van Reenen, John, 2004. "How special is the special relationship?: using the impact of R&D spillovers on UK firms as a test of technology sourcing," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 711, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Griffith, Rachel & Harrison, Rupert & Van Reenen, John, 2004. "How Special is the Special Relationship? Using the Impact of US R&D Spillovers on UK Firms as a Test of Technology Sourcing," CEPR Discussion Papers 4698, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- Radosevic, Slavo, 1999. "Transformation of science and technology systems into systems of innovation in central and eastern Europe: the emerging patterns and determinants," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 277-320, December.
- Samuel Hollander, 1965. "The Sources of Increased Efficiency: A Study of DuPont Rayon Plants," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026258235x, August.
- J. Peter Neary, 2004.
"Rationalizing the Penn World Table: True Multilateral Indices for International Comparisons of Real Income,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1411-1428, December.
- J. Peter Neary, 2004. "Rationalising the Penn World Table: True Multilateral Indices for International Comparisons of Real Income," Working Papers 199622, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Rip, Arie, 2002. "Regional Innovation Systems and the Advent of Strategic Science," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 123-131, January.
- Dahlman, Carl J. & Ross-Larson, Bruce & Westphal, Larry E., 1987. "Managing technological development: Lessons from the newly industrializing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 759-775, June.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- Bruno Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2008. "Europe's R&D: Missing the Wrong Targets?," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 43(4), pages 220-225, July.
- Lazaric Nathalie & Lorenz Edward, 1998. "Trust and Economic Learning," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2-3), pages 1-10, June.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Matthias Ruth & Kieran Donaghy & Paul Kirshen (ed.), Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- David, Paul A., 1996. "Science reorganized? Post-modern visions of research and the curse of success," Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, August.
- N/A, 1962. "Research and Development : a Comparison Between British and American Industry," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 20(1), pages 21-32, May.
- Daniel Beunza & David Stark, 2004. "Tools of the trade: the socio-technology of arbitrage in a Wall Street trading room," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 369-400, April.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnological Change; Science and Technology; Innovation; Statistical Indicators; Measurement of Economic Growth; Policy Making;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2007001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.