2017, Volume 46, Issue 4
- 709-723 The sectoral configuration of technological innovation systems: Patterns of knowledge development and diffusion in the lithium-ion battery technology in Japan
by Stephan, Annegret & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Bening, Catharina R. & Hoffmann, Volker H.
- 724-739 Entrepreneurial orientation (EO): Measurement and policy implications of entrepreneurship at the macroeconomic level
by Mthanti, Thanti & Ojah, Kalu
- 740-750 Determinants of PhD holders’ use of social networking sites: An analysis based on LinkedIn
by Baruffaldi, Stefano H. & Di Maio, Giorgio & Landoni, Paolo
- 751-767 Public subsidies, TFP and efficiency: A tale of complex relationships
by Bernini, Cristina & Cerqua, Augusto & Pellegrini, Guido
- 768-783 The firm’s knowledge network and the transfer of advice among corporate inventors—A multilevel network study
by Brennecke, Julia & Rank, Olaf
- 784-798 Toward a better understanding of crowdfunding, openness and the consequences for innovation
by Stanko, Michael A. & Henard, David H.
- 799-819 Characterizing the policy mix and its impact on eco-innovation: A patent analysis of energy-efficient technologies
by Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco & Palma, Alessandro
- 820-835 Contracting over the disclosure of scientific knowledge: Intellectual property and academic publication
by Gans, Joshua S. & Murray, Fiona E. & Stern, Scott
- 836-852 Firm growth, R&D expenditures and exports: An empirical analysis of italian SMEs
by Di Cintio, Marco & Ghosh, Sucharita & Grassi, Emanuele
- 853-867 How stars matter: Recruiting and peer effects in evolutionary biology
by Agrawal, Ajay & McHale, John & Oettl, Alexander
- 868-879 Work organization and mental health problems in PhD students
by Levecque, Katia & Anseel, Frederik & De Beuckelaer, Alain & Van der Heyden, Johan & Gisle, Lydia
2017, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 535-543 Blade Runner economics: Will innovation lead the economic recovery?
by Archibugi, Daniele
- 544-549 Is there a technological fix for the current global stagnation?
by Lundvall, Bengt-Åke
- 550-553 Science fiction and innovation: A response
by Steinmueller, W. Edward
- 554-556 The social imagination needed for an innovation-led recovery
by Archibugi, Daniele
- 557-572 How complex international partnerships shape domestic research clusters: Difference-in-difference network formation and research re-orientation in the MIT Portugal Program
by Hird, Mackenzie D. & Pfotenhauer, Sebastian M.
- 573-590 The mobility of elite life scientists: Professional and personal determinants
by Azoulay, Pierre & Ganguli, Ina & Graff Zivin, Joshua
- 591-604 The impact of health research on length of stay in Spanish public hospitals
by García-Romero, Antonio & Escribano, Álvaro & Tribó, Josep A.
- 605-623 An examination of product innovation in low- and medium-technology industries: Cases from the UK packaged food sector
by Trott, Paul & Simms, Chris
- 624-635 Creating change through pilot and demonstration projects: Towards a valuation policy approach
by Huguenin, Ariane & Jeannerat, Hugues
- 636-650 Social influence in career choice: Evidence from a randomized field experiment on entrepreneurial mentorship
by Eesley, Charles & Wang, Yanbo
- 651-666 Which industries are served by online marketplaces for technology?
by Dushnitsky, Gary & Klueter, Thomas
- 667-677 Disentangling patterns of economic, technological and innovative specialization of Western economies: An assessment of the Varieties-of-Capitalism theory on comparative institutional advantages
by Meelen, Toon & Herrmann, Andrea M. & Faber, Jan
- 678-692 Exploring transdisciplinary integration within a large research program: Empirical lessons from four thematic synthesis processes
by Hoffmann, Sabine & Pohl, Christian & Hering, Janet G.
- 693-707 Secondary pharmaceutical patenting: A global perspective
by Sampat, Bhaven N. & Shadlen, Kenneth C.
2017, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 338-351 Catch-up cycles and changes in industrial leadership:Windows of opportunity and responses of firms and countries in the evolution of sectoral systems
by Lee, Keun & Malerba, Franco
- 352-364 Successive changes in leadership in the worldwide mobile phone industry: The role of windows of opportunity and firms’ competitive action
by Giachetti, Claudio & Marchi, Gianluca
- 365-375 Rise of latecomers and catch-up cycles in the world steel industry
by Lee, Keun & Ki, Jee-hoon
- 376-387 Innovation and recurring shifts in industrial leadership: Three phases of change and persistence in the camera industry
by Kang, Hyo & Song, Jaeyong
- 388-403 Preconditions, windows of opportunity and innovation strategies: Successive leadership changes in the regional jet industry
by Vértesy, Dániel
- 404-416 Dynamic catch-up strategy, capability expansion and changing windows of opportunity in the memory industry
by Shin, Jang-Sup
- 417-430 Gradual catch up and enduring leadership in the global wine industry
by Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta
- 431-446 A history-friendly model of the successive changes in industrial leadership and the catch-up by latecomers
by Landini, Fabio & Lee, Keun & Malerba, Franco
- 447-462 What promotes R&D? Comparative evidence from around the world
by Brown, James R. & Martinsson, Gustav & Petersen, Bruce C.
- 463-474 Dynamic interactions between university-industry knowledge transfer channels: A case study of the most highly cited academic patent
by Azagra-Caro, Joaquín M. & Barberá-Tomás, David & Edwards-Schachter, Mónica & Tur, Elena M.
- 475-484 Testing regimes in clinical trials: Evidence from four polio vaccine trajectories
by Yaqub, Ohid
- 485-496 The effects of licensing-in on innovative performance in different technological regimes
by Lee, Jong-Seon & Park, Ji-Hoon & Bae, Zong-Tae
- 497-509 The importance of pro-social behaviour for the breadth and depth of knowledge transfer activities: An analysis of Italian academic scientists
by Iorio, Roberto & Labory, Sandrine & Rentocchini, Francesco
- 510-521 No money, no honey? Financial versus knowledge and demand constraints on innovation
by Pellegrino, Gabriele & Savona, Maria
- 522-533 Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology
by Sabatier, Mareva & Chollet, Barthélemy
2017, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-18 Wages in high-tech start-ups – Do academic spin-offs pay a wage premium?
by Dorner, Matthias & Fryges, Helmut & Schopen, Kathrin
- 19-29 Research performance and teaching quality in the Spanish higher education system: Evidence from a medium-sized university
by Artés, Joaquín & Pedraja-Chaparro, Francisco & Salinas-JiméneZ, Mª del Mar
- 30-42 The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?
by Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld
- 43-56 Firms’ knowledge search and local knowledge externalities in innovation performance
by Roper, Stephen & Love, James H. & Bonner, Karen
- 57-72 Sectors and the additionality effects of R&D tax credits: A cross-country microeconometric analysis
by Bodas Freitas, Isabel & Castellacci, Fulvio & Fontana, Roberto & Malerba, Franco & Vezzulli, Andrea
- 73-92 The dynamics of cluster entrepreneurship: Knowledge legacy from parents or agglomeration effects? The case of the Castellon ceramic tile district
by Hervas-Oliver, Jose-Luis & Lleo, María & Cervello, Roberto
- 93-107 Aligning and Reconciling: Building project capabilities for digital delivery
by Lobo, Sunila & Whyte, Jennifer
- 108-120 Credibility and use of scientific and technical information in policy making: An analysis of the information bases of the National Research Council’s committee reports
by Youtie, Jan & Bozeman, Barry & Jabbehdari, Sahra & Kao, Andrew
- 121-137 The power of individual-level drivers of inventive performance
by Zwick, Thomas & Frosch, Katharina & Hoisl, Karin & Harhoff, Dietmar
- 138-159 Does foreign direct investment improve the productivity of domestic firms? Technology spillovers, industry linkages, and firm capabilities
by Liang, Feng Helen
- 160-170 Captured by technology? How material agency sustains interaction between regulators and industry actors
by Finch, John & Geiger, Susi & Reid, Emma
- 171-181 Making norms to tackle global challenges: The role of Intergovernmental Organisations
by Nilsson, Adriana
- 182-195 Contract enforcement and R&D investment
by Seitz, Michael & Watzinger, Martin
- 196-206 Beyond local search: Bridging platforms and inter-sectoral technological integration
by Corradini, Carlo & De Propris, Lisa
- 207-218 Opening the black box of impact – Ideal-type impact pathways in a public agricultural research organization
by Matt, M. & Gaunand, A. & Joly, P-B. & Colinet, L.
- 219-237 Does government support for private innovation matter? Firm-level evidence from two catching-up countries
by Szczygielski, Krzysztof & Grabowski, Wojciech & Pamukcu, Mehmet Teoman & Tandogan, Vedat Sinan
- 238-248 Comparing internal and external lead users as sources of innovation
by Schweisfurth, Tim G.
- 249-264 The impact of standards and regulation on innovation in uncertain markets
by Blind, Knut & Petersen, Sören S. & Riillo, Cesare A.F.
- 265-279 Determinants of citation impact: A comparative analysis of the Global South versus the Global North
by Confraria, Hugo & Mira Godinho, Manuel & Wang, Lili
- 280-291 Institutions, resources and innovation in East Africa: A firm level approach
by Barasa, Laura & Knoben, Joris & Vermeulen, Patrick & Kimuyu, Peter & Kinyanjui, Bethuel
- 292-304 Unions, collective relations laws and R&D investment in emerging and developing countries
by Balsmeier, Benjamin
- 305-315 Social networks, technology ties, and gatekeeper functionality: Implications for the performance management of R&D projects
by Hung, Chia-Liang
- 316-326 The long-run growth effects of R&D policy
by Minniti, Antonio & Venturini, Francesco
- 327-336 Distribution sensitive innovation policies: Conceptualization and empirical examples
by Zehavi, Amos & Breznitz, Dan
2016, Volume 45, Issue 10
- 1945-1952 Emergent phenomena in scientific publishing: A simulation exercise
by Kapeller, Jakob & Steinerberger, Stefan
- 1953-1964 Migrant entrepreneurs and local networks in industrial districts
by Canello, Jacopo
- 1965-1983 Do deployment policies pick technologies by (not) picking applications?—A simulation of investment decisions in technologies with multiple applications
by Schmidt, Tobias S. & Battke, Benedikt & Grosspietsch, David & Hoffmann, Volker H.
- 1984-1995 Cluster and co-located cluster effects: An empirical study of six Chinese city regions
by Lu, Ren & Ruan, Min & Reve, Torger
- 1996-2007 Firm R&D, innovation and easing financial constraints in China: Does corporate tax reform matter?
by Howell, Anthony
- 2008-2022 The role of interpartner dissimilarities in Industry-University alliances: Insights from a comparative case study
by Estrada, Isabel & Faems, Dries & Martin Cruz, Natalia & Perez Santana, Pilar
- 2023-2035 The effectiveness of tax incentives for R&D+i in developing countries: The case of Argentina
by Crespi, Gustavo & Giuliodori, David & Giuliodori, Roberto & Rodriguez, Alejandro
- 2036-2053 Complementarities in the search for innovation—Managing markets and relationships
by Grimpe, Christoph & Sofka, Wolfgang
- 2054-2068 Intellectual property rights hinder sequential innovation. Experimental evidence
by Brüggemann, Julia & Crosetto, Paolo & Meub, Lukas & Bizer, Kilian
- 2069-2086 R&D and productivity in OECD firms and industries: A hierarchical meta-regression analysis
by Ugur, Mehmet & Trushin, Eshref & Solomon, Edna & Guidi, Francesco
- 2087-2104 Product market regulation, innovation, and productivity
by Amable, Bruno & Ledezma, Ivan & Robin, Stéphane
- 2105-2112 Why are researchers paid bonuses? On technology spillovers and market rivalry
by d’Andria, Diego
- 2113-2124 Non-compete clauses, employee effort and spin-off entrepreneurship: A laboratory experiment
by Buenstorf, Guido & Engel, Christoph & Fischer, Sven & Gueth, Werner
- 2125-2137 Is it better to “Stand on Two Boats” or “Sit on the Chinese Lap”?: Examining the cultural contingency of network structures in the contemporary Chinese academic labor market
by Lu, Xiao & McInerney, Paul-Brian
- 2138-2152 An institutionalized policy-making mechanism: China’s return to techno-industrial policy
by Chen, Ling & Naughton, Barry
- 2153-2165 Knowledge acquisition and complementary specialization in alliances: The impact of technological overlap and alliance experience
by Kavusan, Korcan & Noorderhaven, Niels G. & Duysters, Geert M.
2016, Volume 45, Issue 9
- 1692-1701 The sciences are different and the differences matter
by Nelson, Richard R.
- 1702-1707 Varieties of scientific knowledge and their contributions to dealing with policy problems: A response to Richard Nelson’s “The sciences are different and the differences matter”
by Whitley, Richard
- 1708-1712 The three legs of a stool: Comment on Richard Nelson, “The sciences are different and the differences matter”
by Cohen, Wesley M. & Fjeld, Jon
- 1715-1730 Additionality or crowding-out? An overall evaluation of public R&D subsidy on private R&D expenditure
by Marino, Marianna & Lhuillery, Stephane & Parrotta, Pierpaolo & Sala, Davide
- 1731-1742 Governing sustainability transitions through business model innovation: Towards a systems understanding
by Bolton, Ronan & Hannon, Matthew
- 1743-1761 The role of pilot and demonstration plants in technology development and innovation policy
by Hellsmark, Hans & Frishammar, Johan & Söderholm, Patrik & Ylinenpää, Håkan
- 1762-1773 Essential patents and standard dynamics
by Baron, Justus & Pohlmann, Tim & Blind, Knut
- 1774-1789 The allocation and effectiveness of China’s R&D subsidies - Evidence from listed firms
by Boeing, Philipp
- 1790-1817 Which gender gap? Factors affecting researchers’ scientific impact in science and medicine
by Beaudry, Catherine & Larivière, Vincent
- 1818-1832 Technological acquisitions: The impact of geography on post-acquisition innovative performance
by McCarthy, Killian J. & Aalbers, Hendrik Leendert
- 1833-1844 Modelling the dynamics of technological innovation systems
by Walrave, Bob & Raven, Rob
- 1845-1857 Service regime and innovation clusters: An empirical study from service firms in Taiwan
by Chang, Yuan-Chieh & Chen, Min-Nan
- 1858-1872 Royalty sharing, effort and invention in universities: Evidence from Portugal and Spain
by Arqué-Castells, Pere & Cartaxo, Rui M. & García-Quevedo, Jose & Godinho, Manuel Mira
- 1873-1889 Unique synergies in technology acquisitions
by Chondrakis, George
- 1890-1906 The strength of long ties and the weakness of strong ties: Knowledge diffusion through supply chain networks
by Todo, Yasuyuki & Matous, Petr & Inoue, Hiroyasu
- 1907-1922 University–industry collaboration and firms’ R&D effort
by Scandura, Alessandra
- 1923-1935 Social innovation research: An emerging area of innovation studies?
by van der Have, Robert P. & Rubalcaba, Luis
- 1936-1938 Improving the Peer review process: Capturing more information and enabling high-risk/high-return research
by Linton, Jonathan D.
- 1939-1943 Worker-level and firm-level effects of a wage subsidy program for highly educated labor: Evidence from Denmark
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Kuhn, Johan M.
2016, Volume 45, Issue 8
- 1499-1511 Research paradigms and useful inventions in medicine: Patents and licensing by teams of clinical and basic scientists in Academic Medical Centers
by Ali, Ayfer & Gittelman, Michelle
- 1512-1523 Beneficiary contact and innovation: The relation between contact with patients and medical innovation under different institutional logics
by Llopis, Oscar & D’Este, Pablo
- 1524-1533 Boundary-spanning in academic healthcare organisations
by Lander, Bryn
- 1534-1544 Organizing the entrepreneurial hospital: Hybridizing the logics of healthcare and innovation
by Miller, Fiona A. & French, Martin
- 1545-1557 Hospitals as innovators in the health-care system: A literature review and research agenda
by Thune, Taran & Mina, Andrea
- 1558-1569 Institutional power play in innovation systems: The case of Herceptin®
by Kukk, Piret & Moors, Ellen H.M. & Hekkert, Marko P.
- 1570-1585 The revolution re-visited: Clinical and genetics research paradigms and the productivity paradox in drug discovery
by Gittelman, Michelle
- 1586-1603 Dynamics of China’s provincial-level specialization in strategic emerging industries
by Prud’homme, Dan
- 1604-1619 Technological leadership and persistence in product innovation in the Local Area Network industry 1990–1999
by Fontana, Roberto & Vezzulli, Andrea
- 1620-1635 Policy mixes for sustainability transitions: An extended concept and framework for analysis
by Rogge, Karoline S. & Reichardt, Kristin
- 1636-1648 Economic growth, human capital and structural change: A dynamic panel data analysis
by Teixeira, Aurora A.C. & Queirós, Anabela S.S.
- 1649-1659 CO2-reducing innovations and outsourcing: Evidence from photovoltaics and green construction in North-East Italy
by Leoncini, Riccardo & Montresor, Sandro & Rentocchini, Francesco
- 1660-1671 Openness and innovation in the US: Collaboration form, idea generation and implementation
by Walsh, John P. & Lee, You-Na & Nagaoka, Sadao
- 1672-1683 Job choice in academia
by Janger, Jürgen & Nowotny, Klaus
- 1684-1689 The frequency of end-user innovation: A re-estimation of extant findings
by Franke, Nikolaus & Schirg, Florian & Reinsberger, Kathrin
2016, Volume 45, Issue 7
- 1326-1336 Why do patents facilitate trade in technology? Testing the disclosure and appropriation effects
by de Rassenfosse, Gaétan & Palangkaraya, Alfons & Webster, Elizabeth
- 1337-1351 Innovation collaboration and appropriability by knowledge-intensive business services firms
by Miozzo, Marcela & Desyllas, Panos & Lee, Hsing-fen & Miles, Ian
- 1352-1361 The paradox of openness revisited: Collaborative innovation and patenting by UK innovators
by Arora, Ashish & Athreye, Suma & Huang, Can
- 1362-1373 Win, lose or draw? The fate of patented inventions
by Walsh, John P. & Lee, You-Na & Jung, Taehyun
- 1374-1385 Used, blocking and sleeping patents: Empirical evidence from a large-scale inventor survey
by Torrisi, Salvatore & Gambardella, Alfonso & Giuri, Paola & Harhoff, Dietmar & Hoisl, Karin & Mariani, Myriam
- 1386-1396 The effects of university rules on spinoff creation: The case of academia in Italy
by Muscio, Alessandro & Quaglione, Davide & Ramaciotti, Laura
- 1397-1409 Exploring the promises of transdisciplinary research: A quantitative study of two climate research programmes
by de Jong, Stefan P.L. & Wardenaar, Tjerk & Horlings, Edwin
- 1410-1418 Public private partnerships and emerging technologies: A look at nanomedicine for diseases of poverty
by Woodson, Thomas S.
- 1419-1435 Innovation through exaptation and its determinants: The role of technological complexity, analogy making & patent scope
by Mastrogiorgio, Mariano & Gilsing, Victor
- 1436-1448 Do design rules facilitate or complicate architectural innovation in innovation alliance networks?
by Hofman, Erwin & Halman, Johannes I.M. & Looy, Bart van
- 1449-1459 Scientific linkages and firm productivity: Panel data evidence from Taiwanese electronics firms
by Chen, Jong-Rong & Kan, Kamhon & Tung, I-Hsuan
- 1460-1473 Technological proximity and recombinative innovation in the alternative energy field
by Guan, Jian Cheng & Yan, Yan
- 1474-1492 Inverted-U relationship between R&D intensity and survival: Evidence on scale and complementarity effects in UK data
by Ugur, Mehmet & Trushin, Eshref & Solomon, Edna
2016, Volume 45, Issue 6
- 1113-1128 The acquisition and commercialization of invention in American manufacturing: Incidence and impact
by Arora, Ashish & Cohen, Wesley M. & Walsh, John P.
- 1129-1144 Government-subsidized R&D and firm innovation: Evidence from China
by Guo, Di & Guo, Yan & Jiang, Kun
- 1145-1154 Crowdsourcing ideas: Involving ordinary users in the ideation phase of new product development
by Schemmann, Brita & Herrmann, Andrea M. & Chappin, Maryse M.H. & Heimeriks, Gaston J.
- 1155-1164 Bundling of RAND-committed patents
by Layne-Farrar, Anne & Salinger, Michael A.
- 1165-1184 Inventor networks in renewable energies: The influence of the policy mix in Germany
by Cantner, Uwe & Graf, Holger & Herrmann, Johannes & Kalthaus, Martin
- 1185-1194 Why new crop technology is not scale-neutral—A critique of the expectations for a crop-based African Green Revolution
by Fischer, Klara
- 1195-1217 How a product’s design hierarchy shapes the evolution of technological knowledge—Evidence from patent-citation networks in wind power
by Huenteler, Joern & Ossenbrink, Jan & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Hoffmann, Volker H.
- 1218-1232 Towards green growth: How does green innovation affect employment?
by Kunapatarawong, Rasi & Martínez-Ros, Ester
- 1233-1246 Firms’ innovation benefiting from networking and institutional support: A global analysis of national and firm effects
by Schøtt, Thomas & Jensen, Kent Wickstrøm
- 1247-1262 Managing the innovators: Organizational and professional commitment among scientists and engineers
by Perry, Sara Jansen & Hunter, Emily M. & Currall, Steven C.
- 1263-1274 The link between R&D, innovation and productivity: Are micro firms different?
by Baumann, Julian & Kritikos, Alexander S.
- 1275-1290 Framing the sun: A discursive approach to understanding multi-dimensional interactions within socio-technical transitions through the case of solar electricity in Ontario, Canada
by Rosenbloom, Daniel & Berton, Harris & Meadowcroft, James
- 1291-1303 Training the scientific workforce: Does funding mechanism matter?
by Blume-Kohout, Margaret E. & Adhikari, Dadhi
- 1304-1322 Do return requirements increase international knowledge diffusion? Evidence from the Fulbright program
by Kahn, Shulamit & MacGarvie, Megan
2016, Volume 45, Issue 5
- 929-940 Uncovering the reciprocal complementarity between product and process innovation
by Hullova, Dusana & Trott, Paul & Simms, Christopher Don
- 941-950 More labour market flexibility for more innovation? Evidence from employer–employee linked micro data
by Wachsen, Eva & Blind, Knut
- 951-963 Interdependences in the intrafirm diffusion of technological innovations: Confronting the rational and social accounts of diffusion
by Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Gómez, Jaime & Palomas, Sergio
- 964-986 Growing fast or slow?: Understanding the variety of paths and the speed of early growth of entrepreneurial science-based firms
by Miozzo, Marcela & DiVito, Lori
- 987-998 Does sector-specific experience matter? The case of European higher education ministers
by Jacqmin, Julien & Lefebvre, Mathieu
- 999-1013 Who becomes a tenured professor, and why? Panel data evidence from German sociology, 1980–2013
by Lutter, Mark & Schröder, Martin
- 1014-1030 How the founders’ general and specific human capital drives export activities of start-ups
by Stucki, Tobias
- 1031-1045 Knowledge integration using product R&D outsourcing in biotechnology
by Kamuriwo, Dzidziso Samuel & Baden-Fuller, Charles
- 1046-1060 Do green jobs differ from non-green jobs in terms of skills and human capital?
by Consoli, Davide & Marin, Giovanni & Marzucchi, Alberto & Vona, Francesco
- 1061-1074 The two faces of inventions: The relationship between recombination and impact in pharmaceutical biotechnology
by Keijl, S. & Gilsing, V.A. & Knoben, J. & Duysters, G.
- 1075-1090 Why it pays off to pay us well: The impact of basic research on economic growth and welfare
by Prettner, Klaus & Werner, Katharina
- 1091-1102 What do patent-based measures tell us about product commercialization? Evidence from the pharmaceutical industry
by Wagner, Stefan & Wakeman, Simon
- 1103-1112 Where do spinouts come from? The role of technology relatedness and institutional context
by Yeganegi, Sepideh & Laplume, André O. & Dass, Parshotam & Huynh, Cam-Loi
2016, Volume 45, Issue 4
- 747-756 STI and DUI innovation modes: Scientific-technological and context-specific nuances
by Parrilli, Mario Davide & Alcalde Heras, Henar
- 757-769 Impacts of personality traits on consumer innovation success
by Stock, Ruth Maria & von Hippel, Eric & Gillert, Nils Lennart
- 770-784 Does country-level R&D efficiency benefit from the collaboration network structure?
by Guan, JianCheng & Zuo, KaiRui & Chen, KaiHua & Yam, Richard C.M.
- 785-796 The productivity of science & engineering PhD students hired from supervisors’ networks
by Baruffaldi, Stefano & Visentin, Fabiana & Conti, Annamaria
- 797-815 The effectiveness of R&D subsidies: A meta-regression analysis of the evaluation literature
by Dimos, Christos & Pugh, Geoff
- 816-829 In-house versus external basic research and first-to-market innovations
by Añón Higón, Dolores
- 830-843 Urban innovation, regional externalities of foreign direct investment and industrial agglomeration: Evidence from Chinese cities
by Ning, Lutao & Wang, Fan & Li, Jian
- 844-856 Related and unrelated variety as regional drivers of enterprise productivity and innovation: A multilevel study
by Aarstad, Jarle & Kvitastein, Olav A. & Jakobsen, Stig-Erik
- 857-868 Regional co-evolution of firm population, innovation and public research? Evidence from the West German laser industry
by Blankenberg, Ann-Kathrin & Buenstorf, Guido
- 869-883 Radical or incremental: Where does R&D policy hit?
by Beck, Mathias & Lopes-Bento, Cindy & Schenker-Wicki, Andrea
- 884-895 Improving the public value of science: A typology to inform discussion, design and implementation of research
by McNie, Elizabeth C. & Parris, Adam & Sarewitz, Daniel
- 896-913 The enactment of socio-technical transition pathways: A reformulated typology and a comparative multi-level analysis of the German and UK low-carbon electricity transitions (1990–2014)
by Geels, Frank W. & Kern, Florian & Fuchs, Gerhard & Hinderer, Nele & Kungl, Gregor & Mylan, Josephine & Neukirch, Mario & Wassermann, Sandra
- 914-928 The impact of the timing of patents on innovation performance
by Kim, Bongsun & Kim, Eonsoo & Miller, Douglas J. & Mahoney, Joseph T.
2016, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 577-592 The effect of innovation activities on innovation outputs in the Brazilian industry: Market-orientation vs. technology-acquisition strategies
by Frank, Alejandro Germán & Cortimiglia, Marcelo Nogueira & Ribeiro, José Luis Duarte & Oliveira, Lindomar Subtil de
- 593-603 Evaluating research: A multidisciplinary approach to assessing research practice and quality
by Mårtensson, Pär & Fors, Uno & Wallin, Sven-Bertil & Zander, Udo & Nilsson, Gunnar H
- 604-617 Overcoming the liability of newness: Entrepreneurial action and the emergence of China's private solar photovoltaic firms
by Zhang, Wei & White, Steven
- 618-633 A modular governance architecture in-the-making: How transnational standard-setters govern sustainability transitions
by Manning, Stephan & Reinecke, Juliane
- 634-646 R&D and non-linear productivity growth
by Kancs, d’Artis & Siliverstovs, Boriss
- 647-665 How predictable is technological progress?
by Farmer, J. Doyne & Lafond, François
- 666-681 A triple helix model of medical innovation: Supply, demand, and technological capabilities in terms of Medical Subject Headings
by Petersen, Alexander M. & Rotolo, Daniele & Leydesdorff, Loet
- 682-698 Does it pay to stand on the shoulders of giants? An analysis of the inventions of star inventors in the biotechnology sector
by Hohberger, Jan
- 699-706 Knowledge spillovers in the supply chain: Evidence from the high tech sectors
by Isaksson, Olov H.D. & Simeth, Markus & Seifert, Ralf W.
- 707-723 Measuring technological novelty with patent-based indicators
by Verhoeven, Dennis & Bakker, Jurriën & Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 724-745 Gains from others’ losses: Technology trajectories and the global division of firms
by Yang, Chia-Hsuan & Nugent, Rebecca & Fuchs, Erica R.H.
2016, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 361-375 The participation of new technology-based firms in EU-funded R&D partnerships: The role of venture capital
by Colombo, Massimo G. & D’Adda, Diego & Pirelli, Lorenzo H.
- 376-386 Learning-by-failing. An empirical exercise on CIS data
by Leoncini, Riccardo
- 387-400 Innovation and firm growth: Does firm age play a role?
by Coad, Alex & Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes
- 401-413 Towards understanding variety in knowledge intensive business services by distinguishing their knowledge bases
by Pina, Katia & Tether, Bruce S.
- 414-426 Connecting demand and supply: The role of intermediation in public procurement of innovation
by Edler, Jakob & Yeow, Jillian
- 427-441 Patterns of innovation and organizational demography in emerging sustainable fields: An analysis of the chemical sector
by Epicoco, Marianna
- 442-457 The impact of R&D subsidies on firm innovation
by Bronzini, Raffaello & Piselli, Paolo
- 458-474 Debt and communications technology diffusion: Retrospective evidence
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 475-490 Constraining entrepreneurial development: A knowledge-based view of social networks among academic entrepreneurs
by Hayter, Christopher S.
- 491-506 Reverse international knowledge transfer in the MNE: (Where) does affiliate performance boost parent performance?
by Driffield, Nigel & Love, James H. & Yang, Yong
- 507-516 Identifying valuable users as informants for innovation processes: Comparing the search efficiency of pyramiding and screening
by Stockstrom, Christoph S. & Goduscheit, René Chester & Lüthje, Christian & Jørgensen, Jacob Høj
- 517-532 The role of diversification profiles and dyadic characteristics in the formation of technological alliances: Differences between exploitation and exploration in a low-tech industry
by Krammer, Sorin M.S.
- 533-545 Patenting rationales of academic entrepreneurs in weak and strong organizational regimes
by Walter, Sascha G. & Schmidt, Arne & Walter, Achim
- 546-559 Meso-level factors in technological transitions: The development of TD-SCDMA in China
by Zhang, Marina Yue
- 560-575 Agency models in different stages of CEO tenure: The effects of stock options and board independence on R&D investment
by Zona, Fabio
2016, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 8-26 Knowledge, Proximity and R&D Exodus
by Livanis, Grigorios & Lamin, Anna
- 27-41 Internal or external spillovers—Which kind of knowledge is more likely to flow within or across technologies
by Battke, Benedikt & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Stollenwerk, Stephan & Hoffmann, Volker H.
- 42-55 Retaining winners: Can policy boost high-growth entrepreneurship?
by Autio, Erkko & Rannikko, Heikki
- 56-67 Collaboration patterns and patenting: Exploring gender distinctions
by Meng, Yu
- 68-80 Knowledge creation in collaboration networks: Effects of tie configuration
by Wang, Jian
- 81-96 Mapping the technological landscape: Measuring technology distance, technological footprints, and technology evolution
by Aharonson, Barak S. & Schilling, Melissa A.
- 97-112 Exploitative and exploratory innovations in knowledge network and collaboration network: A patent analysis in the technological field of nano-energy
by Guan, Jiancheng & Liu, Na