2012, Volume 41, Issue 8
- 1309-1324 Exploring the duality between product and organizational architectures: A test of the “mirroring” hypothesis
by MacCormack, Alan & Baldwin, Carliss & Rusnak, John
- 1325-1343 Inertia in response to non-paradigmatic change: The case of meta-organizations
by König, Andreas & Schulte, Martin & Enders, Albrecht
- 1344-1356 Selective search, sectoral patterns, and the impact on product innovation performance
by Köhler, Christian & Sofka, Wolfgang & Grimpe, Christoph
- 1357-1374 Incumbent performance in the face of a radical innovation: Towards a framework for incumbent challenger dynamics
by Ansari, Shahzad (Shaz) & Krop, Pieter
- 1375-1406 Research on technology standards: Accomplishment and challenges
by Narayanan, V.K. & Chen, Tianxu
- 1407-1421 Financial signaling by innovative nascent ventures: The relevance of patents and prototypes
by Audretsch, David B. & Bönte, Werner & Mahagaonkar, Prashanth
- 1422-1439 How do foreign firms patent in emerging economies with weak appropriability regimes? Archetypes and motives
by Keupp, Marcus Matthias & Friesike, Sascha & von Zedtwitz, Maximilian
- 1440-1447 On property rights and incentives in academic publishing
by Pitsoulis, Athanassios & Schnellenbach, Jan
- 1448-1460 Extramural research grants and scientists’ funding strategies: Beggars cannot be choosers?
by Grimpe, Christoph
- 1461-1475 The impact of national research funds: A regression discontinuity approach to the Chilean FONDECYT
by Benavente, José Miguel & Crespi, Gustavo & Figal Garone, Lucas & Maffioli, Alessandro
- 1476-1488 Measuring systemic problems in National Innovation Systems. An application to Thailand
by Chaminade, Cristina & Intarakumnerd, Patarapong & Sapprasert, Koson
- 1489-1498 The relationship between innovation and subjective wellbeing
by Dolan, Paul & Metcalfe, Robert
2012, Volume 41, Issue 7
- 1121-1131 Exploring the emerging knowledge base of ‘the knowledge society’
by Fagerberg, Jan & Landström, Hans & Martin, Ben R.
- 1132-1153 Innovation: Exploring the knowledge base
by Fagerberg, Jan & Fosaas, Morten & Sapprasert, Koson
- 1154-1181 Entrepreneurship: Exploring the knowledge base
by Landström, Hans & Harirchi, Gouya & Åström, Fredrik
- 1182-1204 Science and technology studies: Exploring the knowledge base
by Martin, Ben R. & Nightingale, Paul & Yegros-Yegros, Alfredo
- 1205-1218 Knowledge flows – Analyzing the core literature of innovation, entrepreneurship and science and technology studies
by Bhupatiraju, Samyukta & Nomaler, Önder & Triulzi, Giorgio & Verspagen, Bart
- 1219-1239 The evolution of science policy and innovation studies
by Martin, Ben R.
- 1240-1248 The emergence of entrepreneurship as an academic field: A personal essay on institutional entrepreneurship
by Aldrich, Howard E.
- 1249-1261 Mobilizing for change: A study of research units in emerging scientific fields
by Clausen, Tommy & Fagerberg, Jan & Gulbrandsen, Magnus
- 1262-1282 How journal rankings can suppress interdisciplinary research: A comparison between Innovation Studies and Business & Management
by Rafols, Ismael & Leydesdorff, Loet & O’Hare, Alice & Nightingale, Paul & Stirling, Andy
2012, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 955-967 Sustainability transitions: An emerging field of research and its prospects
by Markard, Jochen & Raven, Rob & Truffer, Bernhard
- 968-979 Toward a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions
by Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard
- 980-995 Metatheoretical perspectives on sustainability journeys: Evolutionary, relational and durational
by Garud, Raghu & Gehman, Joel
- 996-1010 Mapping and navigating transitions—The multi-level perspective compared with arenas of development
by Jørgensen, Ulrik
- 1011-1024 Evolutionary theorizing and modeling of sustainability transitions
by Safarzyńska, Karolina & Frenken, Koen & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M.
- 1025-1036 What is protective space? Reconsidering niches in transitions to sustainability
by Smith, Adrian & Raven, Rob
- 1037-1047 Legitimizing research, technology and innovation policies for transformative change
by Weber, K. Matthias & Rohracher, Harald
- 1048-1057 Navigating the impact-innovation double hurdle: The case of a climate change research fund
by Lettice, Fiona & Smart, Palie & Baruch, Yehuda & Johnson, Mark
- 1058-1071 Non-technological regulatory effects: Implications for innovation and innovation policy
by Paraskevopoulou, Evita
- 1072-1083 Is there complementarity or substitutability between internal and external R&D strategies?
by Hagedoorn, John & Wang, Ning
- 1084-1092 Research, development, and firm growth. Empirical evidence from European top R&D spending firms
by García-Manjón, Juan V. & Romero-Merino, M. Elena
- 1093-1106 From knowledge to added value: A comparative, panel-data analysis of the innovation value chain in Irish and Swiss manufacturing firms
by Roper, Stephen & Arvanitis, Spyros
- 1107-1120 MNCs’ offshore R&D networks in host country's regional innovation system: The case of Taiwan-based firms in China
by Liu, Meng-chun & Chen, Shin-Horng
2012, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 795-807 Going, going, gone. Exit forms and the innovative capabilities of firms
by Cefis, Elena & Marsili, Orietta
- 808-821 New product introduction and product tenure: What effects on firm growth?
by Cucculelli, Marco & Ermini, Barbara
- 822-832 Managing open incremental process innovation: Absorptive Capacity and distributed learning
by Robertson, Paul L. & Casali, G.L. & Jacobson, David
- 833-847 The effects of economic status and recent experience on innovative behavior under environmental variability: An experimental approach
by van Rijnsoever, Frank J. & Meeus, Marius T.H. & Donders, A. Rogier T.
- 848-861 The effects of global knowledge reservoirs on the productivity of multinational enterprises: The role of international depth and breadth
by Kafouros, Mario I. & Buckley, Peter J. & Clegg, Jeremy
- 862-870 On the drivers of eco-innovations: Empirical evidence from the UK
by Kesidou, Effie & Demirel, Pelin
- 871-883 Dominance in the prototyping phase—The case of hydrogen passenger cars
by Bakker, Sjoerd & van Lente, Harro & Meeus, Marius T.H.
- 884-896 Institutional entrepreneurship in constructing alternative paths: A comparison of biotech hybrids
by DiVito, Lori
- 897-912 How venture capitalists spur invention in Spain: Evidence from patent trajectories
by Arqué-Castells, Pere
- 913-927 Long-run effects of public–private research joint ventures: The case of the Danish Innovation Consortia support scheme
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Kuhn, Johan M.
- 928-938 Higher growth through the Blue Ocean Strategy: Implications for economic policy
by Lindič, Jaka & Bavdaž, Mojca & Kovačič, Helena
- 939-952 Development of university life-science programs and university–industry joint research in Japan
by Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki
2012, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 663-677 Startups by recent university graduates and their faculty: Implications for university entrepreneurship policy
by Åstebro, Thomas & Bazzazian, Navid & Braguinsky, Serguey
- 678-691 Putting university research in context: Assessing alternative measures of production and diffusion at Stanford
by Nelson, Andrew J.
- 692-703 Spatial differences in the quality of university patenting: Do regions matter?
by Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Martínez, M. Ángeles
- 704-719 Career progress in centralized academic systems: Social capital and institutions in France and Italy
by Pezzoni, Michele & Sterzi, Valerio & Lissoni, Francesco
- 720-733 The temporal trajectories of innovative search: Insights from public hospital services
by Salge, Torsten Oliver
- 734-742 Creative destruction: Identifying its geographic origins
by Gilbert, Brett Anitra
- 743-755 Creativity, trust and systematic processes in product development
by Brattström, Anna & Löfsten, Hans & Richtnér, Anders
- 756-769 Global excellence at the expense of local diffusion, or a bridge between two worlds? Research in science and technology in the developing world
by Barnard, H. & Cowan, R. & Müller, M.
- 770-779 Intra-plant diffusion of new technology: Role of productivity in the study of steel refining furnaces
by Nakamura, Tsuyoshi & Ohashi, Hiroshi
- 780-794 French firms’ strategies for protecting their intellectual property
by Gallié, Emilie-Pauline & Legros, Diégo
2012, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 499-511 Analyzing the evidence of an IPR take-off in China and India
by Godinho, Manuel Mira & Ferreira, Vítor
- 512-523 How does openness affect the importance of incentives for innovation?
by Fu, Xiaolan
- 524-540 Knowledge flows in the solar photovoltaic industry: Insights from patenting by Taiwan, Korea, and China
by Wu, Ching-Yan & Mathews, John A.
- 541-555 Technological innovation capabilities in the thin film transistor-liquid crystal display industries of Japan, Korea, and Taiwan
by Hu, Mei-Chih
- 556-564 Knowledge spillovers and firm performance in the high-technology industrial cluster
by Chyi, Yih-Luan & Lai, Yee-Man & Liu, Wen-Hsien
- 565-579 Personal relationships and innovation diffusion in SME networks: A content analysis approach
by Ceci, Federica & Iubatti, Daniela
- 580-591 Do R&D subsidies affect SMEs’ access to external financing?
by Meuleman, Miguel & De Maeseneire, Wouter
- 592-601 Multinationality, foreignness and institutional distance in the relation between R&D and productivity
by Añón Higón, Dolores & Manjón Antolín, Miguel
- 602-613 Scope and patterns of innovation cooperation in Spanish service enterprises
by Trigo, Alexandre & Vence, Xavier
- 614-623 Environmental innovation and R&D cooperation: Empirical evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
by De Marchi, Valentina
- 624-637 A quasi-experimental evaluation of learning in a stakeholder dialogue on bio-energy
by Cuppen, Eefje
- 638-651 Political instability, pro-business market reforms and their impacts on national systems of innovation
by Allard, Gayle & Martinez, Candace A. & Williams, Christopher
- 652-662 Management innovation through standardization: Consultants as standardizers of organizational practice
by Wright, Christopher & Sturdy, Andrew & Wylie, Nick
2012, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 251-261 Performance-based university research funding systems
by Hicks, Diana
- 262-275 Research intensity and knowledge transfer activity in UK universities
by Hewitt-Dundas, Nola
- 276-290 Governing knowledge in the scientific community: Exploring the role of retractions in biomedicine
by Furman, Jeffrey L. & Jensen, Kyle & Murray, Fiona
- 291-305 The long-term dynamics of co-authorship scientific networks: Iberoamerican countries (1973–2010)
by Lemarchand, Guillermo A.
- 306-318 An institutional theory investigation of U.S. technology development trends since the mid-19th century
by Pattit, Jason M. & Raj, S.P. & Wilemon, David
- 319-333 The elixir (or burden) of youth? Exploring differences in innovation between start-ups and established firms
by Criscuolo, Paola & Nicolaou, Nicos & Salter, Ammon
- 334-345 The effects of R&D tax credits on patenting and innovations
by Cappelen, Ådne & Raknerud, Arvid & Rybalka, Marina
- 346-357 Effective incomplete contracts and milestones in market-distant R&D collaboration
by Kloyer, Martin & Scholderer, Joachim
- 358-375 Appropriate intellectual property protection and economic growth in countries at different levels of development
by Kim, Yee Kyoung & Lee, Keun & Park, Walter G. & Choo, Kineung
- 376-390 Risk factors and mechanisms of technology and insignia copying—A first empirical approach
by Berger, Florian & Blind, Knut & Cuntz, Alexander
- 391-400 The influence of regulations on innovation: A quantitative assessment for OECD countries
by Blind, Knut
- 401-413 Production technologies and financial performance: The effect of uneven diffusion among competitors
by Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Gómez, Jaime & Palomas, Sergio
- 414-429 An emerging paradigm or just another trajectory? Understanding the nature of technological changes using engineering heuristics in the telecommunications switching industry
by Martinelli, Arianna
- 430-441 Explaining divergence in catching-up in pharma between India and Brazil using the NSI framework
by Guennif, Samira & Ramani, Shyama V.
- 442-451 Clean and productive? Empirical evidence from the German manufacturing industry
by Böhringer, Christoph & Moslener, Ulf & Oberndorfer, Ulrich & Ziegler, Andreas
- 452-466 The innovation potential of new infrastructure development: An empirical study of Heathrow airport's T5 project
by Gil, Nuno & Miozzo, Marcela & Massini, Silvia
- 467-481 Publicly funded business advisory services and entrepreneurial outcomes
by Cumming, Douglas J. & Fischer, Eileen
- 482-488 What hampers innovation? Revealed barriers versus deterring barriers
by D’Este, Pablo & Iammarino, Simona & Savona, Maria & von Tunzelmann, Nick
- 489-496 Technological collaboration in product innovation: The role of market competition and sectoral technological intensity
by Wu, Jie
2012, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-12 The impact of public basic research on industrial innovation: Evidence from the pharmaceutical industry
by Toole, Andrew A.
- 13-23 Globalization and strategic research investments
by Bohnstedt, Anna & Schwarz, Christian & Suedekum, Jens
- 24-35 The global crisis and firms’ investments in innovation
by Paunov, Caroline
- 36-53 Is there a linear relationship between R&D intensity and growth? Empirical evidence of non-high-tech vs. high-tech SMEs
by Nunes, Paulo Maçãs & Serrasqueiro, Zélia & Leitão, João
- 54-68 R&D strategies and entrepreneurial spawning
by Andersson, Martin & Baltzopoulos, Apostolos & Lööf, Hans
- 69-78 Innovation strategy, firm survival and relocation: The case of Hong Kong-owned manufacturing in Guangdong Province, China
by Sharif, Naubahar & Huang, Can
- 79-92 Firms’ genetic characteristics and competence-enlarging strategies: A comparison between academic and non-academic high-tech start-ups
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Piva, Evila
- 93-101 Social absorption capability, systems of innovation and manufactured export response to preferential trade incentives
by Na-Allah, Abdelrasaq & Muchie, Mammo
- 102-115 Modeling the relative efficiency of national innovation systems
by Guan, Jiancheng & Chen, Kaihua
- 116-131 Bottom-up estimation of industrial and public R&D investment by technology in support of policy-making: The case of selected low-carbon energy technologies
by Wiesenthal, Tobias & Leduc, Guillaume & Haegeman, Karel & Schwarz, Hans-Günther
- 132-153 On the green and innovative side of trade competitiveness? The impact of environmental policies and innovation on EU exports
by Costantini, Valeria & Mazzanti, Massimiliano
- 154-166 The effect of the triple helix system and habitat on regional entrepreneurship: Empirical evidence from the U.S
by Kim, Younghwan & Kim, Wonjoon & Yang, Taeyong
- 167-177 Virtual lead user communities: Drivers of knowledge creation for innovation
by Mahr, Dominik & Lievens, Annouk
- 178-189 Self-employment and innovation. Exploring the determinants of innovative behavior in small businesses
by Romero, Isidoro & Martínez-Román, Juan A.
- 190-200 Do important inventions benefit from knowledge originating in other technological domains?
by Nemet, Gregory F. & Johnson, Evan
- 201-215 Openness to international markets and the diffusion of standards compliance in Latin America. A multi level analysis
by Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Iizuka, Michiko
- 216-225 Filing behaviour regarding essential patents in industry standards
by Berger, Florian & Blind, Knut & Thumm, Nikolaus
- 226-235 Understanding the technology market for patents: New insights from a licensing survey of Japanese firms
by Kani, Masayo & Motohashi, Kazuyuki
- 236-249 Behind the recent surge of Chinese patenting: An institutional view
by Li, Xibao
2011, Volume 40, Issue 10
- 1307-1320 The mobility of economists and the diffusion of policy ideas: The influence of economics on national policies
by Kogut, Bruce & Macpherson, J. Muir
- 1321-1331 Recombinant search and breakthrough idea generation: An analysis of high impact papers in the social sciences
by Schilling, Melissa A. & Green, Elad
- 1332-1338 Getting cited: Does open access help?
by Gaulé, Patrick & Maystre, Nicolas
- 1339-1344 How medical know-how progresses
by Nelson, Richard R. & Buterbaugh, Kristin & Perl, Marcel & Gelijns, Annetine
- 1345-1353 Are you too young for the Nobel Prize?
by Baffes, John & Vamvakidis, Athanasios
- 1354-1368 What motivates academic scientists to engage in research commercialization: ‘Gold’, ‘ribbon’ or ‘puzzle’?
by Lam, Alice
- 1369-1379 ‘Impact’ in the proposals for the UK's Research Excellence Framework: Shifting the boundaries of academic autonomy
by Smith, Simon & Ward, Vicky & House, Allan
- 1380-1392 Is Italian science declining?
by Daraio, Cinzia & Moed, Henk F.
- 1393-1402 How do men and women differ in research collaborations? An analysis of the collaborative motives and strategies of academic researchers
by Bozeman, Barry & Gaughan, Monica
- 1403-1411 On the contractual governance of research collaborations: Allocating control and intellectual property rights in the shadow of potential termination
by Panico, Claudio
- 1412-1425 Innovation as a social bubble: The example of the Human Genome Project
by Gisler, Monika & Sornette, Didier & Woodard, Ryan
- 1426-1437 Highly innovative small technology firms, industrial clusters and firm internationalization
by Libaers, Dirk & Meyer, Martin
- 1438-1452 Openness, knowledge, innovation and growth in UK business services
by Love, James H. & Roper, Stephen & Bryson, John R.
- 1453-1462 The effects of knowledge management on innovative success – An empirical analysis of German firms
by Cantner, Uwe & Joel, Kristin & Schmidt, Tobias
2011, Volume 40, Issue 9
- 1145-1156 Systems thinking, market failure, and the development of innovation policy: The case of Australia
by Dodgson, Mark & Hughes, Alan & Foster, John & Metcalfe, Stan
- 1157-1169 Innovation across Europe: How important are institutional differences?
by Barbosa, Natália & Faria, Ana Paula
- 1170-1187 US biopharmaceutical finance and the sustainability of the biotech business model
by Lazonick, William & Tulum, Öner
- 1188-1199 Spatial collocation and venture capital in the US biotechnology industry
by Kolympiris, Christos & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas & Miller, Douglas
- 1200-1216 Incorporating technical risk in compound real option models to value a pharmaceutical R&D licensing opportunity
by Cassimon, D. & De Backer, M. & Engelen, P.J. & Van Wouwe, M. & Yordanov, V.
- 1217-1225 To explore or to exploit? An empirical investigation of acquisitions by large incumbents
by Wagner, Marcus
- 1226-1239 Inside multi-disciplinary science and engineering research centers: The impact of organizational climate on invention disclosures and patents
by Hunter, Emily M. & Perry, Sara Jansen & Currall, Steven C.
- 1240-1252 Linking induced technological change, and environmental regulation: Evidence from patenting in the U.S. auto industry
by Lee, Jaegul & Veloso, Francisco M. & Hounshell, David A.
- 1253-1268 Environmental policy vs. public pressure: Innovation and diffusion of alternative bleaching technologies in the pulp industry
by Popp, David & Hafner, Tamara & Johnstone, Nick
- 1269-1279 The impact of funding on research collaboration: Evidence from a developing country
by Ubfal, Diego & Maffioli, Alessandro
- 1280-1294 Self-organization of industrial clustering in a transition economy: A proposed framework and case study evidence from China
by He, Zheng & Rayman-Bacchus, Lez & Wu, Yiming
- 1295-1306 A functionalist framework to compare research systems applied to an analysis of the transformation of the Chinese research system
by Jonkers, Koen
October 2011, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1045-1057 30 years after Bayh-Dole: Reassessing academic entrepreneurship
by Grimaldi, Rosa & Kenney, Martin & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike
- 1058-1067 The Bayh-Dole Act and scientist entrepreneurship
by Aldridge, T. Taylor & Audretsch, David
- 1068-1076 Changes to university IPR regulations in Europe and the impact on academic patenting
by Geuna, Aldo & Rossi, Federica
- 1077-1083 Has the Bayh-Dole act compromised basic research?
by Thursby, Jerry G. & Thursby, Marie C.
- 1084-1093 The impact of entrepreneurial capacity, experience and organizational support on academic entrepreneurship
by Clarysse, Bart & Tartari, Valentina & Salter, Ammon
- 1094-1099 Public science and public innovation: Assessing the relationship between patenting at U.S. National Laboratories and the Bayh-Dole Act
by Link, Albert N. & Siegel, Donald S. & Van Fleet, David D.
- 1100-1112 Does inventor ownership encourage university research-derived entrepreneurship? A six university comparison
by Kenney, Martin & Patton, Donald
- 1113-1127 Complements or substitutes? The role of universities and local context in supporting the creation of academic spin-offs
by Fini, Riccardo & Grimaldi, Rosa & Santoni, Simone & Sobrero, Maurizio
- 1128-1143 The effectiveness of university knowledge spillovers: Performance differences between university spinoffs and corporate spinoffs
by Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & Wright, Mike
September 2011, Volume 40, Issue 7
- 895-896 In memory of Chris Freeman: Founding Editor of Research Policy, 1971-2003
by Martin, Ben R. & Bell, Martin
- 897-916 Christopher Freeman: social science entrepreneur
by Fagerberg, Jan & Fosaas, Morten & Bell, Martin & Martin, Ben R.
- 917-931 China's innovation policies: Evolution, institutional structure, and trajectory
by Liu, Feng-chao & Simon, Denis Fred & Sun, Yu-tao & Cao, Cong
- 932-942 Do linkages between farmers and academic researchers influence researcher productivity? The Mexican case
by Rivera-Huerta, René & Dutrénit, Gabriela & Ekboir, Javier Mario & Sampedro, José Luis & Vera-Cruz, Alexandre O.
- 943-956 Shared inventions and the evolution of capabilities: Examining the biotechnology industry
by Khoury, Theodore A. & Pleggenkuhle-Miles, Erin G.
- 957-968 Commercial science, scientists' values, and university biotechnology research agendas
by Glenna, Leland L. & Welsh, Rick & Ervin, David & Lacy, William B. & Biscotti, Dina
- 969-985 The market value of R&D, patents, and trademarks
by Sandner, Philipp G. & Block, Joern
- 986-1000 Structural modeling of the value of patent
by Suzuki, Jun
- 1001-1015 An empirical study on the determinants of essential patent claims in compatibility standards
by Bekkers, Rudi & Bongard, René & Nuvolari, Alessandro
- 1016-1027 Does patenting help high-tech start-ups?
by Helmers, Christian & Rogers, Mark
- 1028-1043 Venture capital financing and the growth of high-tech start-ups: Disentangling treatment from selection effects
by Bertoni, Fabio & Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca
July 2011, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 791-805 International scientist mobility and the locus of knowledge and technology transfer
by Edler, Jakob & Fier, Heide & Grimpe, Christoph
- 806-818 Users as service innovators: The case of banking services
by Oliveira, Pedro & von Hippel, Eric
- 819-831 A failure trichotomy in knowledge exploration and exploitation
by Gustafsson, Robin & Autio, Erkko
- 832-841 Creating advantage in peripheral regions: The role of publicly funded R&D centres
by Hewitt-Dundas, Nola & Roper, Stephen
- 842-852 Managing university technology development using organizational control theory
by Johnson, William H.A.
- 853-863 Job satisfaction patterns of scientists and engineers by status of birth
by Sabharwal, Meghna
- 864-874 The impact of NIH postdoctoral training grants on scientific productivity
by Jacob, Brian A. & Lefgren, Lars
- 875-885 Performance impact of research policy at the Chinese Academy of Sciences
by Zhang, Daqun & Banker, Rajiv D. & Li, Xiaoxuan & Liu, Wenbin
- 886-894 Using patent citation patterns to infer innovation market competition
by Patel, Darshak & Ward, Michael R.
June 2011, Volume 40, Issue 5
- 637-649 Entrepreneurs, Jacks of all trades or Hobos?
by Åstebro, Thomas & Thompson, Peter
- 650-663 Co-opetition between giants: Collaboration with competitors for technological innovation
by Gnyawali, Devi R. & Park, Byung-Jin (Robert)
- 664-672 The R&D-growth paradox arises in fast-growing sectors
by Ejermo, Olof & Kander, Astrid & Svensson Henning, Martin
- 673-686 Competence-creating overlaps and subsidiary technological evolution in the multinational corporation
by Kappen, Philip
- 687-701 When 'national innovation system' meet 'varieties of capitalism' arguments on labour qualifications: On the skill types and scientific knowledge needed for radical and incremental product innovations
by Herrmann, Andrea M. & Peine, Alexander
- 702-713 Reconceptualising the 'policy mix' for innovation
by Flanagan, Kieron & Uyarra, Elvira & Laranja, Manuel
- 714-727 Subsidy and networking: The effects of direct and indirect support programs of the cluster policy
by Nishimura, Junichi & Okamuro, Hiroyuki
- 728-738 Determinants of R&D cooperation in Japanese start-ups
by Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Kato, Masatoshi & Honjo, Yuji
- 739-750 Innovation capacity and innovation development in small enterprises. A comparison between the manufacturing and service sectors
by Forsman, Helena
- 751-760 Establishment of higher education institutions and new firm entry
by Baptista, Rui & Lima, Francisco & Mendonça, Joana
- 761-777 Opening the black box: The adoption of innovations in the voluntary sector--The case of Indonesian civil society organisations
by Nugroho, Yanuar
- 778-789 Changing the view of wind power development: More than "bricolage"
by Hendry, Chris & Harborne, Paul
May 2011, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 511-525 How medical practice evolves: Learning to treat failing hearts with an implantable device
by Morlacchi, Piera & Nelson, Richard R.
- 526-538 Agency in national innovation systems: Institutional entrepreneurship and the professionalization of Taiwanese IT
by Hung, Shih-Chang & Whittington, Richard
- 539-552 Engaging excellence? Effects of faculty quality on university engagement with industry
by Perkmann, Markus & King, Zella & Pavelin, Stephen
- 553-564 Entrepreneurial effectiveness of European universities: An empirical assessment of antecedents and trade-offs
by Van Looy, Bart & Landoni, Paolo & Callaert, Julie & van Pottelsberghe, Bruno & Sapsalis, Eleftherios & Debackere, Koenraad
- 565-575 Costs and benefits of inter-departmental innovation collaboration
by Cuijpers, Maarten & Guenter, Hannes & Hussinger, Katrin
- 576-587 Open source in the firm: Opening up professional practices of software development
by Rolandsson, Bertil & Bergquist, Magnus & Ljungberg, Jan
- 588-604 The strength of strong ties in the creation of innovation
by Rost, Katja
- 605-617 Conveying quality and value in emerging industries: Star scientists and the role of signals in biotechnology
by Higgins, Matthew J. & Stephan, Paula E. & Thursby, Jerry G.
- 618-636 The Jatropha biofuels sector in Tanzania 2005-2009: Evolution towards sustainability?
by Romijn, Henny A. & Caniëls, Marjolein C.J.
April 2011, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 341-354 Stakeholder interaction within research consortia on emerging technologies: Learning how and what?
by Roelofsen, Anneloes & Boon, Wouter P.C. & Kloet, Roy R. & Broerse, Jacqueline E.W.
- 355-367 Coordination modes in public funding systems
by Lepori, Benedetto
- 368-379 Growing where you are planted: Exogenous firms and the seeding of Silicon Valley
by Adams, Stephen B.
- 380-390 What determines knowledge sourcing from host locations of overseas R&D operations?: A study of global R&D activities of Japanese multinationals
by Song, Jaeyong & Asakawa, Kazuhiro & Chu, Youngeun
- 391-402 Analysis of sources of innovation, technological innovation capabilities, and performance: An empirical study of Hong Kong manufacturing industries
by Yam, Richard C.M. & Lo, William & Tang, Esther P.Y. & Lau, Antonio K.W.
- 403-414 A framework for analysis of multi-mode interaction among technologies with examples from the history of alternative transport fuels in Sweden
by Sandén, Björn A. & Hillman, Karl M.
- 415-428 Project risk management and design flexibility: Analysing a case and conditions of complementarity
by Gil, Nuno & Tether, Bruce S.
- 429-440 Proactive R&D management and firm growth: A punctuated equilibrium model
by Mudambi, Ram & Swift, Tim
- 441-452 Ownership and firm innovation in a transition economy: Evidence from China
by Choi, Suk Bong & Lee, Soo Hee & Williams, Christopher
- 453-462 Knowledge spillovers through human mobility across national borders: Evidence from Zhongguancun Science Park in China
by Filatotchev, Igor & Liu, Xiaohui & Lu, Jiangyong & Wright, Mike
- 463-472 Factors associated with disciplinary and interdisciplinary research collaboration
by van Rijnsoever, Frank J. & Hessels, Laurens K.
- 473-486 Mapping the importance of the real world: The validity of connectivity analysis of patent citations networks
by Barberá-Tomás, David & Jiménez-Sáez, Fernando & Castelló-Molina, Itziar
- 487-499 Academic discipline and risk perception of technologies: An empirical study
by Weisenfeld, Ursula & Ott, Ingrid
- 500-509 Does a different view create something new? The effect of employee diversity on innovation
by Østergaard, Christian R. & Timmermans, Bram & Kristinsson, Kari
March 2011, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 179-192 Innovation in times of crisis: National Systems of Innovation, structure, and demand
by Filippetti, Andrea & Archibugi, Daniele
- 193-203 Schumacher meets Schumpeter: Appropriate technology below the radar
by Kaplinsky, Raphael
- 204-216 Professional networks, scientific collaboration, and publication productivity in resource-constrained research institutions in a developing country
by Ynalvez, Marcus Antonius & Shrum, Wesley M.