2013, Volume 42, Issue 10
- 1739-1748 The pre-industrial energy crisis and resource scarcity as a source of transition
by Steinmueller, W. Edward
- 1749-1767 The destabilisation of existing regimes: Confronting a multi-dimensional framework with a case study of the British coal industry (1913–1967)
by Turnheim, Bruno & Geels, Frank W.
- 1768-1779 On the patterns and determinants of the global diffusion of new technologies
by Pulkki-Brännström, Anni-Maria & Stoneman, Paul
- 1780-1792 Reassessing patent propensity: Evidence from a dataset of R&D awards, 1977–2004
by Fontana, Roberto & Nuvolari, Alessandro & Shimizu, Hiroshi & Vezzulli, Andrea
- 1793-1814 Money for nothing: How firms have financed R&D-projects since the Industrial Revolution
by Bakker, Gerben
- 1815-1828 Innovation as politics: The rise and reshaping of innovation in UK parliamentary discourse 1960–2005
by Perren, Lew & Sapsed, Jonathan
2013, Volume 42, Issue 9
- 1515-1530 Co-authorship networks and research impact: A social capital perspective
by Li, Eldon Y. & Liao, Chien Hsiang & Yen, Hsiuju Rebecca
- 1531-1543 What makes companies pursue an Open Science strategy?
by Simeth, Markus & Raffo, Julio D.
- 1544-1554 Externalities of openness in innovation
by Roper, Stephen & Vahter, Priit & Love, James H.
- 1555-1567 The impact of network embeddedness on research output
by Gonzalez-Brambila, Claudia N. & Veloso, Francisco M. & Krackhardt, David
- 1568-1580 Developing a framework for responsible innovation
by Stilgoe, Jack & Owen, Richard & Macnaghten, Phil
- 1581-1594 R&D offshoring and the productivity growth of European regions
by Castellani, Davide & Pieri, Fabio
- 1595-1604 Environmental innovations in services: Manufacturing–services integration and policy transmissions
by Cainelli, Giulio & Mazzanti, Massimiliano
- 1605-1623 The effect of public subsidies on firms’ investment–cash flow sensitivity: Transient or persistent?
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Croce, Annalisa & Guerini, Massimiliano
- 1624-1633 R&D manpower and technological performance: The impact of demographic and task-related diversity
by Faems, Dries & Subramanian, Annapoornima M.
- 1634-1646 International patent disputes: Evidence from oppositions at the European Patent Office
by Caviggioli, Federico & Scellato, Giuseppe & Ughetto, Elisa
- 1647-1656 Complex innovation policy systems: Towards an evaluation mix
by Magro, Edurne & Wilson, James R.
- 1657-1666 The UK and Italian research assessment exercises face to face
by Rebora, Gianfranco & Turri, Matteo
- 1667-1678 Resources and research: An empirical study of the influence of departmental research resources on individual STEM researchers involvement with industry
by Schuelke-Leech, Beth-Anne
- 1679-1693 Facts and fads in academic research management: The effect of management practices on research productivity in Australia
by Beerkens, Maarja
2013, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 1197-1209 User generated brands and their contribution to the diffusion of user innovations
by Füller, Johann & Schroll, Roland & von Hippel, Eric
- 1210-1224 Technological discontinuities and the challenge for incumbent firms: Destruction, disruption or creative accumulation?
by Bergek, Anna & Berggren, Christian & Magnusson, Thomas & Hobday, Michael
- 1225-1238 Emerging innovation niches: An agent based model
by Lopolito, A. & Morone, P. & Taylor, R.
- 1239-1250 You can’t manage right what you can’t measure well: Technological innovation efficiency
by Cruz-Cázares, Claudio & Bayona-Sáez, Cristina & García-Marco, Teresa
- 1251-1273 Entrepreneurial talent and venture performance: A meta-analytic investigation of SMEs
by Mayer-Haug, Katrin & Read, Stuart & Brinckmann, Jan & Dew, Nicholas & Grichnik, Dietmar
- 1274-1285 R&D service firms: The hidden engine of the high-tech economy?
by Probert, Jocelyn & Connell, David & Mina, Andrea
- 1286-1300 University trustees as channels between academe and industry: Toward an understanding of the executive science network
by Mathies, Charles & Slaughter, Sheila
- 1301-1311 Participation in university-based research centers: Is it helping or hurting researchers?
by Sabharwal, Meghna & Hu, Qian
2013, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 1015-1038 Entrepreneurial propensity of innovation systems: Theory, methodology and evidence
by Radosevic, Slavo & Yoruk, Esin
- 1039-1052 The market failure and the systemic failure rationales in technological innovation systems
by Bleda, Mercedes & del Río, Pablo
- 1053-1071 Government, policy-making and the development of innovation system: The cases of Taiwanese pharmaceutical biotechnology policies (2000–2008)
by Chung, Chao-chen
- 1072-1079 Do firms face a trade-off between the quantity and the quality of their inventions?
by de Rassenfosse, Gaétan
- 1080-1098 Firm lifecycles and evolution of industry productivity
by Hyytinen, Ari & Maliranta, Mika
- 1099-1111 Enabling diffusion: How complementary inputs moderate the response to environmental policy
by Fabrizio, Kira R. & Hawn, Olga
- 1112-1125 Strategic and ethical foundations for responsible innovation
by Pandza, Krsto & Ellwood, Paul
- 1126-1137 Integrating science and society in European Framework Programmes: Trends in project-level solicitations
by Rodríguez, Hannot & Fisher, Erik & Schuurbiers, Daan
- 1138-1151 The rise and fall of interdisciplinary research: The case of open source innovation
by Raasch, Christina & Lee, Viktor & Spaeth, Sebastian & Herstatt, Cornelius
- 1152-1164 Interdisciplinary research and the early career: The effect of interdisciplinary dissertation research on career placement and publication productivity of doctoral graduates in the sciences
by Millar, Morgan M.
- 1165-1173 How peer review empowers the academic profession and university managers: Changes in relationships between the state, universities and the professoriate
by Musselin, Christine
2013, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 831-843 Why are women underrepresented amongst patentees?
by Hunt, Jennifer & Garant, Jean-Philippe & Herman, Hannah & Munroe, David J.
- 844-854 Do applicant patent citations matter?
by Cotropia, Christopher A. & Lemley, Mark A. & Sampat, Bhaven
- 855-873 Can’t see the forest for the leaves: Similarity and distance measures for hierarchical taxonomies with a patent classification example
by McNamee, Robert C.
- 874-885 Is the commercialization of European academic R&D weak?—A critical assessment of a dominant belief and associated policy responses
by Jacobsson, Staffan & Lindholm-Dahlstrand, Åsa & Elg, Lennart
- 886-894 Effects of the durability of scientific literature at the group level: Case study of chemistry research groups in the Netherlands
by Costas, Rodrigo & van Leeuwen, Thed N. & van Raan, Anthony F.J.
- 895-913 Private–collective innovation, competition, and firms’ counterintuitive appropriation strategies
by Alexy, Oliver & Reitzig, Markus
- 914-927 Ex-ante evaluation of disruptive susceptibility in established value networks—When are markets ready for disruptive innovations?
by Klenner, Philipp & Hüsig, Stefan & Dowling, Michael
- 928-940 Industry technical committees, technological distance, and innovation performance
by Nambisan, Satish
- 941-953 The periphery on stage: The intra-organizational dynamics in online communities of creation
by Rullani, Francesco & Haefliger, Stefan
- 954-964 New horizons or a strategic mirage? Artist-led-distribution versus alliance strategy in the video game industry
by Broekhuizen, Thijs L.J. & Lampel, Joseph & Rietveld, Joost
- 965-974 Pursuing endogenous high-tech innovation in developing countries: A look at regenerative medicine innovation in Brazil, China and India
by McMahon, Dominique & Thorsteinsdóttir, Halla
- 975-988 Is environmental innovation embedded within high-performance organisational changes? The role of human resource management and complementarity in green business strategies
by Antonioli, Davide & Mancinelli, Susanna & Mazzanti, Massimiliano
- 989-1003 The two faces of market support—How deployment policies affect technological exploration and exploitation in the solar photovoltaic industry
by Hoppmann, Joern & Peters, Michael & Schneider, Malte & Hoffmann, Volker H.
2013, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 579-594 The dynamics of national innovation systems: A panel cointegration analysis of the coevolution between innovative capability and absorptive capacity
by Castellacci, Fulvio & Natera, Jose Miguel
- 595-612 When birds of a feather don’t flock together: Different scientists and the roles they play in biotech R&D alliances
by Subramanian, Annapoornima M. & Lim, Kwanghui & Soh, Pek-Hooi
- 613-623 Niches and networks: Explaining network evolution through niche formation processes
by Hermans, Frans & van Apeldoorn, Dirk & Stuiver, Marian & Kok, Kasper
- 624-634 Individual connectedness in innovation networks: On the role of individual motivation
by Aalbers, Rick & Dolfsma, Wilfred & Koppius, Otto
- 635-646 Interactive learning, informal networks and innovation: Evidence from electronics firm survey in the Pearl River Delta, China
by Fu, Wenying & Revilla Diez, Javier & Schiller, Daniel
- 647-661 Financing innovations in uncertain networks—Filling in roadmap gaps in the semiconductor industry
by Lange, Knut & Müller-Seitz, Gordon & Sydow, Jörg & Windeler, Arnold
- 662-675 Modularity, interfaces definition and the integration of external sources of innovation in the automotive industry
by Cabigiosu, Anna & Zirpoli, Francesco & Camuffo, Arnaldo
- 676-687 Genomics as a new research regime? Evidence from the Netherlands
by Nahuis, Roel & Stemerding, Dirk
- 688-703 Credit where credit is due? The impact of project contributions and social factors on authorship and inventorship
by Haeussler, Carolin & Sauermann, Henry
- 704-719 A quality index for patent systems
by de Saint-Georges, Matthis & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno
- 720-737 The worldwide count of priority patents: A new indicator of inventive activity
by de Rassenfosse, Gaétan & Dernis, Hélène & Guellec, Dominique & Picci, Lucio & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno
- 738-748 Patent rights protection and Japanese foreign direct investment
by Ushijima, Tatsuo
- 749-764 Why not greater catch-up by Chinese firms? The impact of IPR, corporate governance and technology intensity on late-comer strategies
by Xiao, Yangao & Tylecote, Andrew & Liu, Jiajia
- 765-775 Building global-class universities: Assessing the impact of the 985 Project
by Zhang, Han & Patton, Donald & Kenney, Martin
- 776-787 National institutional differences and cross-border university–industry knowledge transfer
by Malik, Tariq H.
- 788-800 University effects on regional innovation
by Cowan, Robin & Zinovyeva, Natalia
- 801-816 Policy-making in science policy: The ‘OECD model’ unveiled
by Henriques, Luisa & Larédo, Philippe
- 817-822 Government science and technology budgets in times of crisis
by Makkonen, Teemu
- 823-830 Do R&D tax incentives lead to higher wages for R&D workers? Evidence from The Netherlands
by Lokshin, Boris & Mohnen, Pierre
2013, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 303-314 Economic crisis and innovation: Is destruction prevailing over accumulation?
by Archibugi, Daniele & Filippetti, Andrea & Frenz, Marion
- 315-325 General technological capabilities, product market fragmentation, and markets for technology
by Gambardella, Alfonso & Giarratana, Marco S.
- 326-339 Complements and substitutes in profiting from innovation—A choice experimental approach
by Fischer, Timo & Henkel, Joachim
- 340-352 Understanding innovation: An analysis of persistence for Spanish manufacturing firms
by Triguero, Ángela & Córcoles, David
- 353-366 The impact of innovation activities on firm performance using a multi-stage model: Evidence from the Community Innovation Survey 4
by Hashi, Iraj & Stojčić, Nebojša
- 367-378 The effects of compensation plans for employee inventions on R&D productivity: New evidence from Japanese panel data
by Onishi, Koichiro
- 379-390 New Silicon Valleys or a new species? Commoditization of knowledge work and the rise of knowledge services clusters
by Manning, Stephan
- 391-407 Coming back home after the sun rises: Returnee entrepreneurs and growth of high tech industries
by Kenney, Martin & Breznitz, Dan & Murphree, Michael
- 408-422 The nature of academic entrepreneurship in the UK: Widening the focus on entrepreneurial activities
by Abreu, Maria & Grinevich, Vadim
- 423-442 Academic engagement and commercialisation: A review of the literature on university–industry relations
by Perkmann, Markus & Tartari, Valentina & McKelvey, Maureen & Autio, Erkko & Broström, Anders & D’Este, Pablo & Fini, Riccardo & Geuna, Aldo & Grimaldi, Rosa & Hughes, Alan & Krabel, Stefan & Kitson, Michael & Llerena, Patrick & Lissoni, Franceso & Salter, Ammon & Sobrero, Maurizio
- 443-453 University–industry collaboration and innovation in emergent and mature industries in new industrialized countries
by Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Marques, Rosane Argou & Silva, Evando Mirra de Paula e
- 454-464 The effect of institutional proximity in non-local university–industry collaborations: An analysis based on Chinese patent data
by Hong, Wei & Su, Yu-Sung
- 465-480 We need to talk – or do we? Geographic distance and the commercialization of technologies from public research
by Buenstorf, Guido & Schacht, Alexander
- 481-494 When does tapping external sources of knowledge result in knowledge integration?
by Tzabbar, Daniel & Aharonson, Barak S. & Amburgey, Terry L.
- 495-501 Risky innovation: The impact of internal and external R&D strategies upon the distribution of returns
by Mata, José & Woerter, Martin
- 502-516 R&D offshoring, technology learning and R&D efforts of host country firms in emerging economies
by Qu, Zhe & Huang, Can & Zhang, Mingqian & Zhao, Yanyun
- 517-528 National scientific capacity and R&D offshoring
by Thomson, Russell
- 529-541 Access to intellectual property for innovation: Evidence on problems and coping strategies from German firms
by Mueller, Elisabeth & Cockburn, Iain M. & MacGarvie, Megan
- 542-551 An exploratory analysis of patent fencing in pharmaceuticals: The case of PDE5 inhibitors
by Sternitzke, Christian
- 552-563 Patent examination at the State Intellectual Property Office in China
by Liegsalz, Johannes & Wagner, Stefan
- 564-576 Patent quality and ownership: An analysis of UK faculty patenting
by Sterzi, Valerio
2013, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-14 The magnitude of innovation by demand in a sectoral system: The role of industrial users in semiconductors
by Adams, Pamela & Fontana, Roberto & Malerba, Franco
- 15-22 Induced innovation and technology trajectory: Evidence from smoking cessation products
by Werfel, Seth H. & Jaffe, Adam B.
- 23-34 The economic impact of licensed commercialized inventions originating in university research
by Roessner, David & Bond, Jennifer & Okubo, Sumiye & Planting, Mark
- 35-49 To protect or not to protect? Modes of appropriability in the small enterprise sector
by Thomä, Jörg & Bizer, Kilian
- 50-62 Finding the right partners: Institutional and personal modes of governance of university–industry interactions
by Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Geuna, Aldo & Rossi, Federica
- 63-75 Does government funding complement or substitute private research funding to universities?
by Muscio, Alessandro & Quaglione, Davide & Vallanti, Giovanna
- 76-89 Value for money? New microeconometric evidence on public R&D grants in Flanders
by Czarnitzki, Dirk & Lopes-Bento, Cindy
- 90-100 The complex search process of invention
by Maggitti, Patrick G. & Smith, Ken G. & Katila, Riitta
- 101-116 Profiting from business model innovation: Evidence from Pay-As-You-Drive auto insurance
by Desyllas, Panos & Sako, Mari
- 117-127 Towards an open R&D system: Internal R&D investment, external knowledge acquisition and innovative performance
by Berchicci, Luca
- 128-138 Firm collaboration and modes of innovation in Norway
by Fitjar, Rune Dahl & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés
- 139-148 The problem of embeddedness revisited: Collaboration and market types
by Andersen, Kristina Vaarst
- 149-166 Cooperation with public research institutions and success in innovation: Evidence from France and Germany
by Robin, Stéphane & Schubert, Torben
- 167-179 Knowledge-sourcing of R&D workers in different job positions: Contextualising external personal knowledge networks
by Huber, Franz
- 180-195 Knowledge patterns and sources of leadership: Mapping the semiconductor miniaturization trajectory
by Epicoco, Marianna
- 196-210 Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence
by Autant-Bernard, Corinne & Fadairo, Muriel & Massard, Nadine
- 211-219 Networks as sponges: International collaboration for developing nanomedicine in China
by Leung, Ricky C.
- 220-230 Between the global and the national: Organising European science
by Nedeva, Maria
- 231-244 Does inward foreign direct investment improve the innovative performance of local firms?
by García, Francisco & Jin, Byungchae & Salomon, Robert
- 245-260 Capital outflow and R&D investment in the parent firm
by Huang, Shu-Chin
- 261-272 A framework for structuring interdisciplinary research management
by König, Bettina & Diehl, Katharina & Tscherning, Karen & Helming, Katharina
- 273-286 Increasing web survey response rates in innovation research: An experimental study of static and dynamic contact design features
by Sauermann, Henry & Roach, Michael
- 287-294 Does incentive provision increase the quality of peer review? An experimental study
by Squazzoni, Flaminio & Bravo, Giangiacomo & Takács, Károly
- 295-301 Peer review versus citations – An analysis of best paper prizes
by Coupé, Tom
2012, Volume 41, Issue 10
- 1697-1702 Public R&D and social challenges: What lessons from mission R&D programs?
by Foray, D. & Mowery, D.C. & Nelson, R.R.
- 1703-1715 Defense-related R&D as a model for “Grand Challenges” technology policies
by Mowery, David C.
- 1716-1728 Grand missions of agricultural innovation
by Wright, Brian D.
- 1729-1741 Mission-oriented biomedical research at the NIH
by Sampat, Bhaven N.
- 1742-1756 Missions-oriented RD&D institutions in energy between 2000 and 2010: A comparative analysis of China, the United Kingdom, and the United States
by Anadón, Laura Díaz
- 1757-1769 Public Procurement for Innovation as mission-oriented innovation policy
by Edquist, Charles & Zabala-Iturriagagoitia, Jon Mikel
- 1770-1778 Which policy instruments to induce clean innovating?
by Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 1779-1792 Grand Innovation Prizes: A theoretical, normative, and empirical evaluation
by Murray, Fiona & Stern, Scott & Campbell, Georgina & MacCormack, Alan
2012, Volume 41, Issue 9
- 1501-1518 The evolution of innovation capability in multinational enterprise subsidiaries: Dual network embeddedness and the divergence of subsidiary specialisation in Taiwan
by Collinson, Simon C. & Wang, Rowena
- 1519-1533 Patent trolls on markets for technology – An empirical analysis of NPEs’ patent acquisitions
by Fischer, Timo & Henkel, Joachim
- 1534-1543 Innovating in the periphery: The impact of local and foreign inventor mobility on the value of Indian patents
by Alnuaimi, Tufool & Opsahl, Tore & George, Gerard
- 1544-1554 How firms innovate through R&D internationalization? An S-curve hypothesis
by Chen, Chung-Jen & Huang, Yi-Fen & Lin, Bou-Wen
- 1555-1564 Productivity effects of basic research in low-tech and high-tech industries
by Czarnitzki, Dirk & Thorwarth, Susanne
- 1565-1577 Research and development, cash flow, agency and governance: UK large companies
by Driver, Ciaran & Guedes, Maria João Coelho
- 1578-1588 Tax incentives and R&D activity: Firm-level evidence from Taiwan
by Yang, Chih-Hai & Huang, Chia-Hui & Hou, Tony Chieh-Tse
- 1589-1606 Impact of public and private research funding on scientific production: The case of nanotechnology
by Beaudry, Catherine & Allaoui, Sedki
- 1607-1619 Intangible resources and technology adoption in manufacturing firms
by Gómez, Jaime & Vargas, Pilar
- 1620-1630 Russia's innovation policy: Stubborn path-dependencies and new approaches
by Klochikhin, Evgeny A.
- 1631-1642 The unsustainable directionality of innovation – The example of the broadband transition
by Røpke, Inge
- 1643-1654 Pragmatic agency in technology standards setting: The case of Ethernet
by Jain, Sanjay
- 1655-1665 Return mobility and scientific productivity of researchers working abroad: The role of home country linkages
by Baruffaldi, Stefano H. & Landoni, Paolo
- 1666-1682 Best channels of academia–industry interaction for long-term benefit
by De Fuentes, Claudia & Dutrénit, Gabriela
- 1683-1695 The point of view of firms in Minas Gerais about the contribution of universities and research institutes to R&D activities
by Chaves, Catari Vilela & Carvalho, Soraia Schultz Martins & Silva, Leandro Alves & Teixeira, Tânia Cristina & Bernardes, Patrícia
2012, Volume 41, Issue 8
- 1283-1295 Technology push and demand pull perspectives in innovation studies: Current findings and future research directions
by Di Stefano, Giada & Gambardella, Alfonso & Verona, Gianmario
- 1296-1308 The impact of technology-push and demand-pull policies on technical change – Does the locus of policies matter?
by Peters, Michael & Schneider, Malte & Griesshaber, Tobias & Hoffmann, Volker H.
- 1309-1324 Exploring the duality between product and organizational architectures: A test of the “mirroring” hypothesis
by MacCormack, Alan & Baldwin, Carliss & Rusnak, John
- 1325-1343 Inertia in response to non-paradigmatic change: The case of meta-organizations
by König, Andreas & Schulte, Martin & Enders, Albrecht
- 1344-1356 Selective search, sectoral patterns, and the impact on product innovation performance
by Köhler, Christian & Sofka, Wolfgang & Grimpe, Christoph
- 1357-1374 Incumbent performance in the face of a radical innovation: Towards a framework for incumbent challenger dynamics
by Ansari, Shahzad (Shaz) & Krop, Pieter
- 1375-1406 Research on technology standards: Accomplishment and challenges
by Narayanan, V.K. & Chen, Tianxu
- 1407-1421 Financial signaling by innovative nascent ventures: The relevance of patents and prototypes
by Audretsch, David B. & Bönte, Werner & Mahagaonkar, Prashanth
- 1422-1439 How do foreign firms patent in emerging economies with weak appropriability regimes? Archetypes and motives
by Keupp, Marcus Matthias & Friesike, Sascha & von Zedtwitz, Maximilian
- 1440-1447 On property rights and incentives in academic publishing
by Pitsoulis, Athanassios & Schnellenbach, Jan
- 1448-1460 Extramural research grants and scientists’ funding strategies: Beggars cannot be choosers?
by Grimpe, Christoph
- 1461-1475 The impact of national research funds: A regression discontinuity approach to the Chilean FONDECYT
by Benavente, José Miguel & Crespi, Gustavo & Figal Garone, Lucas & Maffioli, Alessandro
- 1476-1488 Measuring systemic problems in National Innovation Systems. An application to Thailand
by Chaminade, Cristina & Intarakumnerd, Patarapong & Sapprasert, Koson
- 1489-1498 The relationship between innovation and subjective wellbeing
by Dolan, Paul & Metcalfe, Robert
2012, Volume 41, Issue 7
- 1121-1131 Exploring the emerging knowledge base of ‘the knowledge society’
by Fagerberg, Jan & Landström, Hans & Martin, Ben R.
- 1132-1153 Innovation: Exploring the knowledge base
by Fagerberg, Jan & Fosaas, Morten & Sapprasert, Koson
- 1154-1181 Entrepreneurship: Exploring the knowledge base
by Landström, Hans & Harirchi, Gouya & Åström, Fredrik
- 1182-1204 Science and technology studies: Exploring the knowledge base
by Martin, Ben R. & Nightingale, Paul & Yegros-Yegros, Alfredo
- 1205-1218 Knowledge flows – Analyzing the core literature of innovation, entrepreneurship and science and technology studies
by Bhupatiraju, Samyukta & Nomaler, Önder & Triulzi, Giorgio & Verspagen, Bart
- 1219-1239 The evolution of science policy and innovation studies
by Martin, Ben R.
- 1240-1248 The emergence of entrepreneurship as an academic field: A personal essay on institutional entrepreneurship
by Aldrich, Howard E.
- 1249-1261 Mobilizing for change: A study of research units in emerging scientific fields
by Clausen, Tommy & Fagerberg, Jan & Gulbrandsen, Magnus
- 1262-1282 How journal rankings can suppress interdisciplinary research: A comparison between Innovation Studies and Business & Management
by Rafols, Ismael & Leydesdorff, Loet & O’Hare, Alice & Nightingale, Paul & Stirling, Andy
2012, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 955-967 Sustainability transitions: An emerging field of research and its prospects
by Markard, Jochen & Raven, Rob & Truffer, Bernhard
- 968-979 Toward a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions
by Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard
- 980-995 Metatheoretical perspectives on sustainability journeys: Evolutionary, relational and durational
by Garud, Raghu & Gehman, Joel
- 996-1010 Mapping and navigating transitions—The multi-level perspective compared with arenas of development
by Jørgensen, Ulrik
- 1011-1024 Evolutionary theorizing and modeling of sustainability transitions
by Safarzyńska, Karolina & Frenken, Koen & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M.
- 1025-1036 What is protective space? Reconsidering niches in transitions to sustainability
by Smith, Adrian & Raven, Rob
- 1037-1047 Legitimizing research, technology and innovation policies for transformative change
by Weber, K. Matthias & Rohracher, Harald
- 1048-1057 Navigating the impact-innovation double hurdle: The case of a climate change research fund
by Lettice, Fiona & Smart, Palie & Baruch, Yehuda & Johnson, Mark
- 1058-1071 Non-technological regulatory effects: Implications for innovation and innovation policy
by Paraskevopoulou, Evita
- 1072-1083 Is there complementarity or substitutability between internal and external R&D strategies?
by Hagedoorn, John & Wang, Ning
- 1084-1092 Research, development, and firm growth. Empirical evidence from European top R&D spending firms
by García-Manjón, Juan V. & Romero-Merino, M. Elena
- 1093-1106 From knowledge to added value: A comparative, panel-data analysis of the innovation value chain in Irish and Swiss manufacturing firms
by Roper, Stephen & Arvanitis, Spyros
- 1107-1120 MNCs’ offshore R&D networks in host country's regional innovation system: The case of Taiwan-based firms in China
by Liu, Meng-chun & Chen, Shin-Horng
2012, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 795-807 Going, going, gone. Exit forms and the innovative capabilities of firms
by Cefis, Elena & Marsili, Orietta
- 808-821 New product introduction and product tenure: What effects on firm growth?
by Cucculelli, Marco & Ermini, Barbara
- 822-832 Managing open incremental process innovation: Absorptive Capacity and distributed learning
by Robertson, Paul L. & Casali, G.L. & Jacobson, David
- 833-847 The effects of economic status and recent experience on innovative behavior under environmental variability: An experimental approach
by van Rijnsoever, Frank J. & Meeus, Marius T.H. & Donders, A. Rogier T.
- 848-861 The effects of global knowledge reservoirs on the productivity of multinational enterprises: The role of international depth and breadth
by Kafouros, Mario I. & Buckley, Peter J. & Clegg, Jeremy
- 862-870 On the drivers of eco-innovations: Empirical evidence from the UK
by Kesidou, Effie & Demirel, Pelin
- 871-883 Dominance in the prototyping phase—The case of hydrogen passenger cars
by Bakker, Sjoerd & van Lente, Harro & Meeus, Marius T.H.
- 884-896 Institutional entrepreneurship in constructing alternative paths: A comparison of biotech hybrids
by DiVito, Lori
- 897-912 How venture capitalists spur invention in Spain: Evidence from patent trajectories
by Arqué-Castells, Pere
- 913-927 Long-run effects of public–private research joint ventures: The case of the Danish Innovation Consortia support scheme
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Kuhn, Johan M.
- 928-938 Higher growth through the Blue Ocean Strategy: Implications for economic policy
by Lindič, Jaka & Bavdaž, Mojca & Kovačič, Helena
- 939-952 Development of university life-science programs and university–industry joint research in Japan
by Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki
2012, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 663-677 Startups by recent university graduates and their faculty: Implications for university entrepreneurship policy
by Åstebro, Thomas & Bazzazian, Navid & Braguinsky, Serguey
- 678-691 Putting university research in context: Assessing alternative measures of production and diffusion at Stanford
by Nelson, Andrew J.
- 692-703 Spatial differences in the quality of university patenting: Do regions matter?
by Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Martínez, M. Ángeles
- 704-719 Career progress in centralized academic systems: Social capital and institutions in France and Italy
by Pezzoni, Michele & Sterzi, Valerio & Lissoni, Francesco
- 720-733 The temporal trajectories of innovative search: Insights from public hospital services
by Salge, Torsten Oliver
- 734-742 Creative destruction: Identifying its geographic origins
by Gilbert, Brett Anitra
- 743-755 Creativity, trust and systematic processes in product development
by Brattström, Anna & Löfsten, Hans & Richtnér, Anders
- 756-769 Global excellence at the expense of local diffusion, or a bridge between two worlds? Research in science and technology in the developing world
by Barnard, H. & Cowan, R. & Müller, M.
- 770-779 Intra-plant diffusion of new technology: Role of productivity in the study of steel refining furnaces
by Nakamura, Tsuyoshi & Ohashi, Hiroshi
- 780-794 French firms’ strategies for protecting their intellectual property
by Gallié, Emilie-Pauline & Legros, Diégo
2012, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 499-511 Analyzing the evidence of an IPR take-off in China and India
by Godinho, Manuel Mira & Ferreira, Vítor
- 512-523 How does openness affect the importance of incentives for innovation?
by Fu, Xiaolan
- 524-540 Knowledge flows in the solar photovoltaic industry: Insights from patenting by Taiwan, Korea, and China
by Wu, Ching-Yan & Mathews, John A.