Social capital : what is in it for feminist economics?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David I. Laibson & José A. Scheinkman & Christine L. Soutter, 2000. "Measuring Trust," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 811-846.
- Marjorie B. McElroy, 1990. "The Empirical Content of Nash-Bargained Household Behavior," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 559-583.
- Paldam, Martin, 2000. " Social Capital: One or Many? Definition and Measurement," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Katherine Rankin, 2002. "Social Capital, Microfinance, and the Politics of Development," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24.
- Janet A. Seiz, 1991. "The Bargaining Approach and Feminist Methodology," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 23(1-2), pages 22-29, March.
- Lazaric Nathalie & Lorenz Edward, 1998. "Trust and Economic Learning," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2-3), pages 1-10, June.
- M. V. Lee BADGETT & Nancy FOLBRE, 1999. "Assigning care: Gender norms and economic outcomes," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 138(3), pages 311-326, September.
- Sandra Harding, 1995. "Can feminist thought make economics more objective?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 7-32.
- Nancy Buchan & Rachel Croson, 1999. "Gender and Culture: International Experimental Evidence from Trust Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 386-391, May.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Basu, Kaushik & Narayan, Ambar & Ravallion, Martin, 1999. "Is knowledge shared within households?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2261, The World Bank.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1991. "The Volume and Composition of Trade Between Rich and Poor Countries," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 63-80.
- Fox, Jonathan A, 1997. "The World Bank and Social Capital: Contesting the Concept in Practice," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt6764j1h0, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Mick Moore, 1999. "Truth, trust and market transactions: What do we know?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 74-88.
- Richard Grabowski, 1998. "Development, markets and trust," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 357-371.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Kroll, 2011. "Different Things Make Different People Happy: Examining Social Capital and Subjective Well-Being by Gender and Parental Status," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 157-177, October.
- Tom Schuller, 2007. "Reflections on the use of social capital," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 65(1), pages 11-28.
More about this item
Keywordseconomics; feminism; social capital;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:19126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .