Of Markets And Martyrs: Is It OK To Pay Well For Care?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Julie A., 1992. "Gender, Metaphor, and the Definition of Economics," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 103-125, April.
- Peter Dorman & Nancy Folbre & Donald McCloskey & Tom Weisskopf, 1996. "Debating markets," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 69-85.
- Becker, Gary S, 1985. "Human Capital, Effort, and the Sexual Division of Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 33-58, January.
- Myra Strober & Suzanne Gerlach-Downie & Kenneth Yeager, 1995. "Child care centers as workplaces," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 93-119.
- George B. Roberts, Chairman, Universities-National Bureau Committee for Economic Research, 1960. "Demographic and Economic Change in Developed Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number univ60-2, January.
- Nancy Folbre, 1995. ""Holding hands at midnight": The paradox of caring labor," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 73-92.
- Deirdre McCloskey, 1996. "Love and money: A comment on the markets debate," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 137-140.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heyes, Anthony, 2005.
"The economics of vocation or 'why is a badly paid nurse a good nurse'?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 561-569, May.
- Anthony Heyes, 2003. "The Economics of Vocation or Why is a Badly Paid Nurse a Good Nurse?," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 03/4, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Dec 2003.
- Nancy Folbre & Julie A. Nelson, 2000. "For Love or Money--Or Both?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 123-140, Fall.
- van Staveren, I.P., 2005. "Five methodological approaches for research on gender and trade impacts," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19176, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Trzcinski, Eileen & Holst, Elke, 2011.
"A Critique and Reframing of Personality in Labour Market Theory: Locus of Control and Labour Market Outcomes,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6090, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eileen Trzcinski & Elke Holst, 2011. "A Critique and Reframing of Personality in Labour Market Theory: Locus of Control and Labour Market Outcomes," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 403, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Eileen Trzcinski & Elke Holst, 2011. "A Critique and Reframing of Personality in Labour Market Theory: Locus of Control and Labour Market Outcomes," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1157, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Antigone Lyberaki, 2008. "“Deae ex Machina”: migrant women, care work and women’s employment in Greece," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 20, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Julie A. Nelson, "undated". "05-04 "Rationality and Humanity: A View from Feminist Economics"," GDAE Working Papers 05-04, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Lyberaki, Antigone, 2008. "“Deae ex Machina”: migrant women, care work and women’s employment in Greece," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 23183, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Julie A. Nelson, 2013. "Gender and caring," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Gender and Economic Life, chapter 5, pages 62-76 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dill, Janette & Erickson, Rebecca J. & Diefendorff, James M., 2016. "Motivation in caring labor: Implications for the well-being and employment outcomes of nurses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 99-106.
More about this item
KeywordsCaring; Labor; Wages; Dualism; Markets; Commodification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:5:y:1999:i:3:p:43-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .