Employer of Last Resort Policy and Feminist Economics: Social Provisioning and Socialization of Investment
The paper discusses the Employment of Last Resort (ELR) policy proposal that has emerged from Post Keynesian theory as an embodiment of what Keynes called “socialization of investment,” as well as an avenue for a social provisioning approach towards socialization of unpaid care labor. Intersections between Post Keynesian and feminist economics are delineated. The paper proposes avenues for input from feminist economics into formulation of an ELR policy, and raises questions about transformation of gender relations.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marilyn Power, 2004. "Social Provisioning As A Starting Point For Feminist Economics," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 3-19.
- Nelson, Julie A., 1992.
"Gender, Metaphor, and the Definition of Economics,"
Economics and Philosophy,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 103-125, April.
- Nelson, J.A., 1990. "Gender, Metaphor, And The Definition Of Economics," Papers 350, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Paul Davidson, 1992. "Would Keynes Be a New Keynesian?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 449-463, Fall.
- Ingrid H. Rima, 2003. "The Operational Role of Functional Finance for Labor Market Behavior and Outcomes," Chapters,in: Reinventing Functional Finance, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nancy Folbre & Julie A. Nelson, 2000. "For Love or Money--Or Both?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 123-140, Fall.
- Fadhel Kaboub, 2007. "Employment Guarantee Programs: A Survey of Theories and Policy Experiences," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_498, Levy Economics Institute.
- Mathew Forstater, 1999. "Functional Finance and Full Employment: Lessons from Lerner for Today," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_272, Levy Economics Institute.
- L. Randall Wray, 1998. "Modern Money," Macroeconomics 9810002, EconWPA.
- L. Randall Wray, 1998. "Modern Money," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_252, Levy Economics Institute.
- Susan Himmelweit, 1995. "The discovery of “unpaid work”: the social consequences of the expansion of “work”," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 1-19.
- Elson, Diane & Cagatay, Nilufer, 2000. "The Social Content of Macroeconomic Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1347-1364, July.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou, 1998. "(Full) Employment Policy: Theory and Practice," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_258, Levy Economics Institute.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou, 1999. "(Full) Employment Policy: Theory and Practice," Macroeconomics 9901003, EconWPA.
- Rania Antonopoulos, 2007. "The Right to a Job, the Right Types of Projects: Employment Guarantee Policies from a Gender Perspective," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_516, Levy Economics Institute.
- Mathew Forstater, 1999. "Functional Finance and Full Employment: Lessons from Lerner for Today," Macroeconomics 9908002, EconWPA.
- Eichner, Alfred S & Kregel, J A, 1975. "An Essay on Post-Keynesian Theory: A New Paradigm in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 1293-1314, December.
- William S. Vickrey, 1993. "The other Side of the Coin," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 37(2), pages 5-16, October.
- Ulla Grapard, 1995. "Robinson Crusoe: The quintessential economic man?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 33-52.
- Nancy Folbre, 1995. ""Holding hands at midnight": The paradox of caring labor," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 73-92.
- Colin Danby, 2004. "Toward A Gendered Post Keynesianism: Subjectivity And Time In A Nonmodernist Framework," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 55-75.
- Deborah Figart, 1997. "Gender as More Than a Dummy Variable: Feminist Approaches to Discrimination," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(1), pages 1-32.
- Susan Himmelweit, 1995. "The Discovery of 'Unpaid Work': the social consequences of the expansion of 'work'," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 6, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- S. Charusheela & Colin Danby, 2006. "A through-time framework for producer households," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 29-48. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.