“Deae ex Machina”: migrant women, care work and women’s employment in Greece
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Agneta Stark, 2005. "Warm Hands In Cold Age — On The Need Of A New World Order Of Care," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 7-36.
- André Sapir, 2006.
"Globalization and the Reform of European Social Models,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 369-390, June.
- André Sapir, 2005. "Globalisation and the reform of European social models," Policy Contributions 31, Bruegel.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/167139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8112, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Nancy Folbre & Julie A. Nelson, 2000. "For Love or Money--Or Both?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 123-140, Fall.
- Agar Brugiavini & Tullio Jappelli & Guglielmo Weber, 2002. "The Survey on Health, Aging and Wealth," CSEF Working Papers 86, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Francesca Bettio & Janneke Plantenga, 2004. "Comparing Care Regimes In Europe," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 85-113.
- Julie Nelson, 1999. "Of Markets And Martyrs: Is It OK To Pay Well For Care?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 43-59.
- Nancy Folbre, 1995. ""Holding hands at midnight": The paradox of caring labor," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 73-92.
- Deirdre McCloskey, 1996. "Love and money: A comment on the markets debate," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 137-140.
- Folbre, Nancy, 1994. "Children as Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 86-90, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spyros Kosmidis, 2013. "Government Constraints and Economic Voting in Greece," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 70, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Monokroussos, Platon & Thomakos, Dimitrios, D. & Alexopoulos, Thomas A., 2016.
"The determinants of loan loss provisions:an analysis of the Greek banking systemin light of the sovereign debt crisis,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
68586, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Platon Monokroussos & Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Thomas A. Alexopoulos, 2016. "The Determinants of Loan Loss Provisions: An Analysis of the Greek Banking System in Light of the Sovereign Debt Crisis," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 104, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Rosa VAsilaki, 2016. "Policing the crisis in Greece: The others' side of the story," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 98, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
More about this item
Keywordsfemale migrants; care services provision; elderly; family structure; female employment participation.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-02-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-02-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hel:greese:20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassilis Monastiriotis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .