Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA)
IZA Discussion Papers
- 11101 Dynamics in Physical Functioning Limitations
by Agarwal, Neha & Kohler, Hans-Peter & Mani, Subha
- 11100 Working, Volunteering and Mental Health in the Later Years
by Mosca, Irene & Wright, Robert E.
- 11099 The Relationship between Status and Happiness: Evidence from the Caste System in Rural India
by van Landeghem, Bert & Vandeplas, Anneleen
- 11098 Overoptimistic Entrepreneurs: Predicting Wellbeing Consequences of Self-Employment
by Odermatt, Reto & Powdthavee, Nattavudh & Stutzer, Alois
- 11097 Nudging Generosity: Choice Architecture and Cognitive Factors in Charitable Giving
by Schulz, Jonathan F. & Thiemann, Petra & Thöni, Christian
- 11096 Reluctant to Reform? A Note on Risk-Loving Politicians and Bureaucrats
by Thomas, Tobias & Heß, Moritz & Wagner, Gert G.
- 11095 Serving the Public Interest in Several Ways: Theory and Empirics
by Dur, Robert & van Lent, Max
- 11094 Would a Euro's Depreciation Improve the French Economy?
by Magnani, Riccardo & Piccoli, Luca & Carré, Martine & Spadaro, Amedeo
- 11093 Efficiency Consequences of Affirmative Action in Politics: Evidence from India
by Das, Sabyasachi & Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Saroy, Rajas
- 11092 Microdata for Social Sciences and Policy Evaluation as a Public Good
by Trivellato, Ugo
- 11091 Heterogeneity and the Public Sector Wage Policy
by Gomes, Pedro Maia
- 11090 Preventing NEETs during the Great Recession: The Effects of a Mandatory Activation Program for Young Welfare Recipients
by Cammeraat, Emile & Jongen, Egbert L. W. & Koning, Pierre
- 11089 Male Gatekeepers Gender Bias in the Publishing Process?
by Bransch, Felix & Kvasnicka, Michael
- 11088 How Entry into Parenthood Shapes Gender Role Attitudes: New Evidence from Longitudinal UK Data
by Grinza, Elena & Devicienti, Francesco & Rossi, Mariacristina & Vannoni, Davide
- 11087 Husband's Unemployment and Wife's Labor Supply: The Added Worker Effect across Europe
by Bredtmann, Julia & Otten, Sebastian & Rulff, Christian
- 11086 Employment Transitions of Women in India: A Panel Analysis
by Sarkar, Sudipa & Sahoo, Soham & Klasen, Stephan
- 11085 Maternal Employment and Child Outcomes: Evidence from the Irish Marriage Bar
by Mosca, Irene & O'Sullivan, Vincent & Wright, Robert E.
- 11084 Assortative Mating and Earnings Inequality in France
by Frémeaux, Nicolas & Lefranc, Arnaud
- 11083 Higher Education Funding Reforms: A Comprehensive Analysis of Educational and Labor Market Outcomes in England
by Azmat, Ghazala & Simion, Stefania
- 11082 Youth Enfranchisement, Political Responsiveness and Education Expenditure: Evidence from the U.S
by Bertocchi, Graziella & Dimico, Arcangelo & Lancia, Francesco & Russo, Alessia
- 11081 So Similar and yet So Different: A Comparative Analysis of a Firm's Cost and Benefits of Apprenticeship Training in Austria and Switzerland
by Moretti, Luca & Mayerl, Martin & Mühlemann, Samuel & Schlögl, Peter & Wolter, Stefan C.
- 11080 Early Tracking, Academic vs. Vocational Training and the Value of 'Second Chance' Options
by Biewen, Martin & Tapalaga, Madalina
- 11079 Sleep and Student Success: The Role of Regularity vs. Duration
by Luong, Phuc & Lusher, Lester & Yasenov, Vasil
- 11078 The Effects of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals on the Educational Outcomes of Undocumented Students
by Hsin, Amy & Ortega, Francesc
- 11077 Local Labor Markets and the Persistence of Population Shocks
by Braun, Sebastian Till & Kramer, Anica & Kvasnicka, Michael
- 11076 Income Increase and Moving to a Better Neighbourhood: An Enquiry into Ethnic Differences in Finland
by Vaalavuo, Maria & van Ham, Maarten & Kauppinen, Timo M.
- 11075 Immigrants' Residential Choices and Their Consequences
by Albert, Christoph & Monras, Joan
- 11074 What Drives Spatial Clusters of Entrepreneurship in China? Evidence from Economic Census Data
by Zheng, Liang & Zhao, Zhong
- 11073 Spatial-Ethnic Inequalities: The Role of Location in the Estimation of Ethnic Wage Differentials
by Longhi, Simonetta
- 11072 Rising Wage Inequality in Germany: Increasing Heterogeneity and Changing Selection into Full-Time Work
by Biewen, Martin & Fitzenberger, Bernd
- 11071 What Really Happened to British Inequality in the Early 20th Century? Evidence from National Household Expenditure Surveys 1890–1961
by Gazeley, Ian & Newell, Andrew T. & Reynolds, Kevin & Rufrancos, Hector Gutierrez
- 11070 Intergenerational Disadvantage: Learning about Equal Opportunity from Social Assistance Receipt
by Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Dahmann, Sarah & Salamanca, Nicolas & Zhu, Anna
- 11069 The Truly Vulnerable: Integrating Wealth into the Measurement of Poverty and Social Policy Effectiveness
by Kuypers, Sarah & Marx, Ive
- 11068 Employer-Provided Severance Pay: The Emergence of Job Displacement Insurance, 1930–1954
by Parsons, Donald O.
- 11067 Voluntary Employer-Provided Severance Pay
by Parsons, Donald O.
- 11066 Nonunion Employee Representation: Theory and the German Experience with Mandated Works Councils
by Jirjahn, Uwe & Smith, Stephen C.
- 11065 Antecedents of Overtime Work: The Case of Junior Academics
by Frei, Irina & Grund, Christian
- 11064 The German Model of Industrial Relations: (Where) Does It Still Exist?
by Oberfichtner, Michael & Schnabel, Claus
- 11063 Worker Churn and Employment Growth at the Establishment Level
by Bachmann, Rüdiger & Bayer, Christian & Merkl, Christian & Seth, Stefan & Stüber, Heiko & Wellschmied, Felix
- 11062 Does Low Skilled Immigration Cause Human Capital Polarization? Evidence from Italian Provinces
by Brunello, Giorgio & Lodigiani, Elisabetta & Rocco, Lorenzo
- 11061 Testing for Repugnance in Economic Transactions: Evidence from Guest Work in the Gulf
by Clemens, Michael A.
- 11060 What Are You Voting For? Proximity to Refugee Reception Centres and Voting in the 2016 Italian Constitutional Referendum
by Bratti, Massimiliano & Deiana, Claudio & Havari, Enkelejda & Mazzarella, Gianluca & Meroni, Elena Claudia
- 11059 Was Brexit Caused by the Unhappy and the Old?
by Liberini, Federica & Oswald, Andrew J. & Proto, Eugenio & Redoano, Michela
- 11058 Informal Search, Bad Search? The Effects of Job Search Method on Wages among Rural Migrants in Urban China
by Chen, Yuanyuan & Wang, Le & Zhang, Min
- 11057 Has the Push for Equal Gender Representation Changed the Role of Women on German Supervisory Boards?
by Bozhinov, Viktor & Koch, Christopher & Schank, Thorsten
- 11056 Employment Discrimination in a Former Soviet Union Republic: Evidence from a Field Experiment
by Asali, Muhammad & Pignatti, Norberto & Skhirtladze, Sophiko
- 11055 The Post-Reform Effectiveness of the New German Start-Up Subsidy for the Unemployed
by Bellmann, Lutz & Caliendo, Marco & Tübbicke, Stefan
- 11054 Product Market Competition and Employer Provided Training in Germany
by Heywood, John S. & Jirjahn, Uwe & Pfister, Annika
- 11053 Long Memory in Turkish Unemployment Rates
by Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Tansel, Aysit
- 11052 Comparing Retrospective and Panel Data Collection Methods to Assess Labor Market Dynamics
by Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline & Yassin, Shaimaa
- 11051 Wage Cyclicalities and Labor Market Dynamics at the Establishment Level: Theory and Evidence
by Merkl, Christian & Stüber, Heiko
- 11050 Broadband Internet, Digital Temptations, and Sleep
by Billari, Francesco C. & Giuntella, Osea & Stella, Luca
- 11049 Education, Governance, and Trade- and Distance-Related Technology Diffusion: Accounting for the Latin America-East Asia TFP Gap, and the TFP Impact of South America's Greater Distance to the North
by Schiff, Maurice & Wang, Yanling
- 11048 The Role of Entrepreneurial Human Capital as a Driver of Endogenous Economic Growth
by Ehrlich, Isaac & Li, Dunli & Liu, Zhiqiang
- 11047 The Non-Market Benefits of Education and Ability
by Heckman, James J. & Humphries, John Eric & Veramendi, Gregory
- 11046 Teenage Daughters as a Cause of Divorce
by Kabátek, Jan & Ribar, David C.
- 11045 The Gender Wage Gap among College Graduates in Italy
by Piazzalunga, Daniela
- 11044 Gender Differences in the Development of Other-Regarding Preferences
by John, Katrin & Thomsen, Stephan L.
- 11043 Subjective Well-Being and Partnership Dynamics: Are Same-Sex Relationships Different?
by Chen, Shuai & van Ours, Jan C.
- 11042 A Multinomial Probit Model with Latent Factors: Identification and Interpretation without a Measurement System
by Piatek, Rémi & Gensowski, Miriam
- 11041 A Walk on the Wild Side: 'Predatory' Journals and Information Asymmetries in Scientific Evaluations
by Bagues, Manuel F. & Sylos-Labini, Mauro & Zinovyeva, Natalia
- 11040 The Role of Caseworkers in Unemployment Insurance: Evidence from Unplanned Absences
by Schiprowski, Amelie
- 11039 Active Labour Market Programmes in Latin America and the Caribbean: Evidence from a Meta Analysis
by Escudero, Veronica & Kluve, Jochen & Mourelo, Elva López & Pignatti, Clemente
- 11038 Dual Practice by Health Workers: Theory and Evidence from Indonesia
by Gonzalez, Paula & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V. & Pal, Sarmistha
- 11037 Escaping from Hunger before WW1: Nutrition and Living Standards in Western Europe and USA in the Late Nineteenth Century
by Gazeley, Ian & Holmes, Rose & Newell, Andrew T. & Reynolds, Kevin & Gutierrez Rufrancos, Hector
- 11036 Planning Ahead for Better Neighborhoods: Long Run Evidence from Tanzania
by Michaels, Guy & Nigmatulina, Dzhamilya & Rauch, Ferdinand & Regan, Tanner & Baruah, Neeraj & Dahlstrand-Rudin, Amanda
- 11035 Long-Term Care in Latin America and the Caribbean? Theory and Policy Considerations
by Caruso Bloeck, Martín & Galiani, Sebastian & Ibarrarán, Pablo
- 11034 Is There Always a Trade-off between Insurance and Incentives? The Case of Unemployment with Subsistence Constraints
by Mesén Vargas, Juliana & Van der Linden, Bruno
- 11033 Tax Refunds and Income Manipulation Evidence from the EITC
by Buhlmann, Florian & Elsner, Benjamin & Peichl, Andreas
- 11032 Households Debt Restructuring: The Re-default Effect of a Debt Suspension
by Fraisse, Henri
- 11031 Partners in Crime: Diffusion of Responsibility in Antisocial Behaviors
by Behnk, Sascha & Hao, Li & Reuben, Ernesto
- 11030 How Do Latin American Migrants in the U.S. Stand on Schooling Premium? What Does It Reveal about Education Quality in Their Home Countries?
by Alonso-Soto, Daniel & Nopo, Hugo R.
- 11029 Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China
by Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong
- 11028 Migration, Education and Work Opportunities
by Girsberger, Esther Mirjam
- 11027 The Effect of Immigrant Peers in Vocational Schools
by Frattini, Tommaso & Meschi, Elena
- 11026 The 'Gravity' of Quality: Research Quality and Universities' Attractiveness in Italy
by Bratti, Massimiliano & Verzillo, Stefano
- 11025 The Context-Bound University Selectivity Premium
by Milla, Joniada
- 11024 The Persistent Effects of Short-Term Peer Groups in Higher Education
by Thiemann, Petra
- 11023 Does Student Work Really Affect Educational Outcomes? A Review of the Literature
by Neyt, Brecht & Omey, Eddy & Verhaest, Dieter & Baert, Stijn
- 11022 The Role of China's Household Registration System in the Urban-Rural Income Differential
by Boffy-Ramirez, Ernest & Moon, Soojae
- 11021 Immobile Australia: Surnames Show Strong Status Persistence, 1870–2017
by Clark, Gregory & Leigh, Andrew & Pottenger, Mike
- 11020 Direct Measures of Intergenerational Income Mobility for Australia
by Murray, Chelsea & Clark, Robert & Mendolia, Silvia & Siminski, Peter
- 11019 Optimal Income Taxation with Composition Effects
by Jacquet, Laurence & Lehmann, Etienne
- 11018 The Returns to Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Matched Person-Firm Data
by van Praag, Mirjam C. & Raknerud, Arvid
- 11017 Badge of Honor or Scarlet Letter? Unpacking Investors' Judgment of Entrepreneurs' Past Failure
by Zunino, Diego & van Praag, Mirjam C. & Dushnitsky, Gary
- 11016 Does the Adoption of Complex Software Impact Employment Composition and the Skill Content of Occupations? Evidence from Chilean Firms
by Almeida, Rita K. & Fernandes, Ana Margarida & Viollaz, Mariana
- 11015 Media and Occupational Choice
by Konon, Alexander & Kritikos, Alexander S.
- 11014 Informality, Public Employment and Employment Protection in Developing Countries
by Yassin, Shaimaa & Langot, François
- 11013 A Tale of Two Countries: A Story of the French and US Polarization
by Albertini, Julien & Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, François & Sopraseuth, Thepthida
- 11012 Temporary Employment Boom in Poland: A Job Quality vs. Quantity Trade-off?
by Lewandowski, Piotr & Góra, Marek & Lis, Maciej
- 11011 Before It Gets Better: The Short-Term Employment Costs of Regulatory Reforms
by Bassanini, Andrea & Cingano, Federico
- 11010 Inefficient Short-Time Work
by Cahuc, Pierre & Nevoux, Sandra
- 11009 Individual Poverty Measurement Using a Fuzzy Intrahousehold Approach
by Betti, Gianni & Mangiavacchi, Lucia & Piccoli, Luca
- 11008 Spatial Differences in Stunting and Household Agricultural Production in South Africa: (Re-)Examining the Links Using National Panel Survey Data
by Otterbach, Steffen & Rogan, Michael
- 11007 Poverty and Material Deprivation among the Self-Employed in Europe: An Exploration of a Relatively Uncharted Landscape
by Horemans, Jeroen & Marx, Ive
- 11006 Inequality and Poverty in Greece: Changes in Times of Crisis
by Andriopoulou, Eirini & Karakitsios, Alexandros & Tsakloglou, Panos
- 11005 'Inequality Is the Root of Social Evil,' or Maybe Not? Two Stories about Inequality and Public Policy
by Corak, Miles
- 11004 Indirect Inference with Importance Sampling: An Application to Women's Wage Growth
by Sauer, Robert M. & Taber, Christopher
- 11003 Is There Still Son Preference in the United States?
by Blau, Francine D. & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Brummund, Peter & Cook, Jason & Larson-Koester, Miriam
- 11002 Taxes and Market Hours: The Role of Gender and Skill
by Duval Hernández, Robert & Fang, Lei & Ngai, L. Rachel
- 11001 Sibling Gender Composition and Women's Wages
by Cools, Angela & Patacchini, Eleonora
- 11000 Gender Bias in Teaching Evaluations
by Mengel, Friederike & Sauermann, Jan & Zölitz, Ulf
- 10999 Educational Attainment and Neighbourhood Outcomes: Differences between Highly-Educated Natives and Non-Western Ethnic Minorities in the Netherlands
by de Vuijst, Elise & van Ham, Maarten
- 10998 Decolonization, Property Rights and Language Conflicts
by Dasgupta, Indraneel & Neogi, Ranajoy Guha
- 10997 Broken Tax Breaks? Evidence from a Tax Credit Information Experiment with 1,000,000 Students
by Bergman, Peter & Denning, Jeffrey T. & Manoli, Dayanand
- 10996 Up in STEM, Down in Business: Changing College Major Decisions with the Great Recession
by Liu, Shimeng & Sun, Weizeng & Winters, John V.
- 10995 The Short- and Long-Term Effects of Student Absence: Evidence from Sweden
by Cattan, Sarah & Kamhöfer, Daniel A. & Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese
- 10994 Cohort at Risk: Long-Term Consequences of Conflict for Child School Achievement
by Jürges, Hendrik & Stella, Luca & Hallaq, Sameh & Schwarz, Alexandra
- 10993 The Response of Parental Time Investments to the Child's Skills and Health
by Nicoletti, Cheti & Tonei, Valentina
- 10992 Child Schooling and Child Work in the Presence of a Partial Education Subsidy
by de Hoop, Jacobus & Friedman, Jed & Kandpal, Eeshani & Rosati, Furio C.
- 10991 Activation against Absenteeism: Evidence from a Sickness Insurance Reform in Norway
by Hernaes, Øystein
- 10990 The Mitigating Role of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs in the Abuse of Prescription Drugs
by Birk, Erica G. & Waddell, Glen R.
- 10989 The Accident Externality from Trucking
by Muehlenbachs, Lucija & Staubli, Stefan & Chu, Ziyan
- 10988 Labour Supply and Informal Care Supply: The Impacts of Financial Support for Long-Term Elderly Care
by Hollingsworth, Bruce & Ohinata, Asako & Picchio, Matteo & Walker, Ian
- 10987 What Determines Preferences for an Electoral System? Evidence from a Binding Referendum
by Riambau, Guillem & Stillman, Steven & Boe-Gibson, Geua
- 10986 Insurance and Solidarity: Evidence from a Lab-in-the-Field Experiment in Cambodia
by Lenel, Friederike & Steiner, Susan
- 10985 Bayesian versus Heuristic-Based Choice under Sleep Restriction and Suboptimal Times of Day
by Dickinson, David L. & McElroy, Todd
- 10984 Trading While Sleepy? Circadian Mismatch and Excess Volatility in a Global Experimental Asset Market
by Dickinson, David L. & Chaudhuri, Ananish & Greenaway-McGrevy, Ryan
- 10983 Does Reminding of Behavioural Biases Increase Returns from Financial Trading? A Field Experiment
by De Paola, Maria & Gioia, Francesca & Piluso, Fabio
- 10982 The Impact of Non-Cognitive Skills and Risk Preferences on Rural-to-Urban Migration: Evidence from Ukraine
by Ayhan, Sinem H. & Gatskova, Kseniia & Lehmann, Hartmut
- 10981 Measuring Labour Differences between Natives, Non-Natives, and Natives with an Ethnic-Minority Background
by Drydakis, Nick
- 10980 Inequalities and Segregation across the Long-Term Economic Cycle: An Analysis of South and North European Cities
by Tammaru, Tiit & Marcińczak, Szymon & Aunap, Raivo & van Ham, Maarten
- 10979 Women in Top Incomes: Evidence from Sweden 1974–2013
by Boschini, Anne & Gunnarsson, Kristin & Roine, Jesper
- 10978 Should the Rich Be Taxed More? The Fiscal Inequality Coefficient
by Hatgioannides, John & Karanassou, Marika & Sala, Hector
- 10977 Performance and Risk Taking under Threat of Elimination
by Adams, Nathan R. & Waddell, Glen R.
- 10976 Gender, Willingness to Compete and Career Choices along the Whole Ability Distribution
by Buser, Thomas & Peter, Noemi & Wolter, Stefan C.
- 10975 What Drives the Gender Wage Gap? Examining the Roles of Sorting, Productivity Differences, and Discrimination
by Sin, Isabelle & Stillman, Steven & Fabling, Richard
- 10974 The Dynamics of Gender Earnings Differentials: Evidence from Establishment Data
by Barth, Erling & Pekkala Kerr, Sari & Olivetti, Claudia
- 10973 The Tragedy of Clientelism: Opting Children Out
by Ronconi, Lucas & Zarazaga, Rodrigo
- 10972 Smarter through Social Protection? Evaluating the Impact of Ethiopia's Safety-Net on Child Cognitive Abilities
by Favara, Marta & Porter, Catherine & Woldehanna, Tassew
- 10971 Improving Learning Outcomes through Information Provision: Evidence from Indian Villages
by Afridi, Farzana & Barooah, Bidisha & Somanathan, Rohini
- 10970 Excluded Generation: The Growing Challenges of Labor Market Insertion for Egyptian Youth
by Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline
- 10969 Economic Origins of Cultural Norms: The Case of Animal Husbandry and Bastardy
by Eder, Christoph & Halla, Martin
- 10968 Targeting Poverty under Complementarities: Evidence from Indonesia's Unified Targeting System
by Tohari, Achmad & Parsons, Christopher & Rammohan, Anu
- 10967 Management, Supervision, and Health Care: A Field Experiment
by Dunsch, Felipe A. & Evans, David K. & Eze-Ajoku, Ezinne & Macis, Mario
- 10966 The Impact of the Action Plan for Promoting Employment and Combating Unemployment on Employment Informality in Algeria
by Souag, Ali & Assaad, Ragui
- 10965 Returns to Islamic Microfinance: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in Pakistan
by Maazullah, & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 10964 Do Good Working Conditions Make You Work Longer? Evidence on Retirement Decisions Using Linked Survey and Register Data
by Böckerman, Petri & Ilmakunnas, Pekka
- 10963 What Chinese Workers Value: An Analysis of Job Satisfaction, Job Expectations, and Labor Turnover in China
by Nie, Peng & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso
- 10962 The Effect of Job Displacement on Subjective Well-being
by Song, Younghwan
- 10961 Heterogeneous Employment Effects of Job Search Programmes: A Machine Learning Approach
by Knaus, Michael C. & Lechner, Michael & Strittmatter, Anthony
- 10960 Job Search Behavior among the Employed and Non-Employed
by Faberman, R. Jason & Mueller, Andreas I. & Sahin, Aysegül & Topa, Giorgio
- 10959 Antidepressants for Economists and Business-School Researchers: An Introduction and Review
by Katolik, Aleksandra & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 10958 Do Humans Suffer a Psychological Low in Midlife? Two Approaches (With and Without Controls) in Seven Data Sets
by Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 10957 Inclusive Recruitment? Hiring Discrimination against Older Workers
by Drydakis, Nick & MacDonald, Peter & Bozani, Vasiliki & Chiotis, Vangelis
- 10956 Do Beliefs about Peers Matter for Donation Matching? Experiments in the Field and Laboratory
by Gee, Laura Katherine & Schreck, Michael J.
- 10955 Motivational Goal Bracketing: An Experiment
by Koch, Alexander K. & Nafziger, Julia
- 10954 'Rational Overeating' in a Feast-or-Famine World: Economic Insecurity and the Obesity Epidemic
by Smith, Trenton G. & Stillman, Steven & Craig, Stuart
- 10953 Smoking and the Business Cycle: Evidence from Germany
by Kaiser, Micha & Reutter, Mirjam & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Strohmaier, Kristina
- 10952 Did Parental Involvement Laws Grow Teeth? The Effects of State Restrictions on Minors' Access to Abortion
by Myers, Caitlin Knowles & Ladd, Daniel
- 10951 The Affordable Care Act and Ambulance Response Times
by Courtemanche, Charles & Friedson, Andrew I. & Koller, Andrew P. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 10950 (How) Do Non-Cognitive Skills Programs Improve Adolescent School Achievement? Experimental Evidence
by Martins, Pedro S.
- 10949 Date of Birth and Selective Schooling
by Hart, Robert A. & Moro, Mirko
- 10948 Public Opinion on Education Policy in Germany
by Lergetporer, Philipp & Werner, Katharina & Woessmann, Ludger
- 10947 Choice of Majors: Are Women Really Different from Men?
by Kugler, Adriana & Tinsley, Catherine H. & Ukhaneva, Olga
- 10946 Beyond EU-US Trade Dynamics: TTIP Effects Related to Foreign Direct Investment and Innovation
by Jungmittag, Andre & Welfens, Paul J. J.
- 10945 International Migration and Institutional Quality in the Home Country: It Matters Where You Go and How Long You Stay!
by Minh Tran, Ngoc Thi & Cameron, Michael P. & Poot, Jacques
- 10944 Ethnic Differences in Duration and Timing of Exposure to Neighbourhood Disadvantage during Childhood
by Kleinepier, Tom & van Ham, Maarten
- 10943 Using Linked Survey and Administrative Data to Better Measure Income: Implications for Poverty, Program Effectiveness and Holes in the Safety Net
by Meyer, Bruce D. & Mittag, Nikolas
- 10942 Welfare Reform and the Intergenerational Transmission of Dependence
by Hartley, Robert Paul & Lamarche, Carlos & Ziliak, James P.
- 10941 Housing Prices, Unemployment Rates, Disadvantage, and Progress toward a Degree
by Stratton, Leslie S.
- 10940 Equality of Opportunity for Well-Being
by Mahler, Daniel Gerszon & Ramos, Xavier
- 10939 The Joint Effects of a Health Insurance and a Public Works Scheme in Rural Ethiopia
by Shigute, Zemzem & Strupat, Christoph & Burchi, Francesco & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 10938 First and Second Generation Impacts of the Biafran War
by Akresh, Richard & Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Leone, Marinella & Osili, Una O.
- 10937 Violent Conflict and Breastfeeding: The Case of Iraq
by Diwakar, Vidya & Malcolm, Michael & Naufal, George S
- 10936 Child Discipline in Times of Conflict
by Malcolm, Michael & Diwakar, Vidya & Naufal, George S
- 10935 Does Broadband Internet Affect Fertility?
by Billari, Francesco C. & Giuntella, Osea & Stella, Luca
- 10934 Stigma of Sexual Violence and Women's Decision to Work
by Chakraborty, Tanika & Mukherjee, Anirban & Rachapalli, Swapnika Reddy & Saha, Sarani
- 10933 The Gender Wage Gap in Europe: Job Preferences, Gender Convergence and Distributional Effects
by Redmond, Paul & McGuinness, Seamus
- 10932 Gender Stereotyping and Self-Stereotyping Attitudes: A Large Field Study of Managers
by Eriksson, Tor & Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar
- 10931 Gender: An Historical Perspective
by Giuliano, Paola
- 10930 Understanding Cultural Persistence and Change
by Giuliano, Paola & Nunn, Nathan
- 10929 Segregation and Fertility: The Case of the Roma in Serbia
by Battaglia, Marianna & Chabé-Ferret, Bastien & Lebedinski, Lara
- 10928 Violence, Development and Migration Waves: Evidence from Central American Child Migrant Apprehensions
by Clemens, Michael A.
- 10927 Immigration Policy and Remittance Behaviour
by Piracha, Matloob & Tani, Massimiliano & Tchuente, Guy
- 10926 Network Effects on Labor Contracts of Internal Migrants in China: A Spatial Autoregressive Model
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Deng, Ying & Ma, Xiangjun
- 10925 Modeling Life-Cycle Earnings Risk with Positive and Negative Shocks
by Sanchez, Manuel & Wellschmied, Felix
- 10924 Offshoring and Wage Inequality: Theory and Evidence from China
by Sheng, Liugang & Yang, Dennis T.
- 10923 Does It Matter How and How Much Politicians Are Paid?
by Altindag, Duha T. & Filiz, S. Elif & Tekin, Erdal
- 10922 Micro Foundations of Earnings Differences
by Das, Tirthatanmoy & Polachek, Solomon
- 10921 Status Inequality, Moral Disengagement and Violence
by Falk, Armin
- 10920 The Impacts of Reduced Access to Abortion and Family Planning Services: Evidence from Texas
by Fischer, Stefanie & Royer, Heather & White, Corey
- 10919 Positively Aware? Conflicting Expert Reviews and Demand for Medical Treatment
by Balat, Jorge & Papageorge, Nicholas W. & Qayyum, Shaiza
- 10918 Social Insurance and Health
by Ziebarth, Nicolas R.
- 10917 Taking the CON out of Pennsylvania: Did Hip and Knee Replacement Patients Benefit?
by Averett, Susan L. & Terrizzi, Sabrina & Wang, Yang
- 10916 Minimum Wages and the Health of Hispanic Women
by Averett, Susan L. & Smith, Julie K. & Wang, Yang
- 10915 Analyzing Wage Differentials by Fields of Study: Evidence from Turkey
by Di Paolo, Antonio & Tansel, Aysit
- 10914 The Rising Return to Non-Cognitive Skill
by Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Nybom, Martin & Öckert, Björn
- 10913 Born Under a Lucky Star: Financial Aid, College Completion, Labor Supply, and Credit Constraints
by Denning, Jeffrey T.
- 10912 Employer Screening Costs, Recruiting Strategies, and Labor Market Outcomes: An Equilibrium Analysis of On-Campus Recruiting
by Weinstein, Russell
- 10911 University Selectivity, Initial Job Quality, and Longer-Run Salary
by Weinstein, Russell
- 10910 Financial Hardship and Saving Behaviour: Bayesian Analysis of British Panel Data
by Brown, Sarah & Ghosh, Pulak & Pareek, Bhuvanesh & Taylor, Karl
- 10909 The Effects of Lifetime Work Experience on Incidence and Severity of Elderly Poverty in Korea
by Chae, Seyoung & Heshmati, Almas
- 10908 'Fair' Welfare Comparisons with Heterogeneous Tastes: Subjective versus Revealed Preferences
by Akay, Alpaslan & Bargain, Olivier & Jara, Xavier
- 10907 Back to Bentham, Should We? Large-Scale Comparison of Experienced versus Decision Utility
by Akay, Alpaslan & Bargain, Olivier & Jara, Xavier
- 10906 Does Voluntary Risk Taking Affect Solidarity? Experimental Evidence from Kenya
by Strobl, Renate & Wunsch, Conny
- 10905 Behavioral Responses and Welfare Reform: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment
by Hartley, Robert Paul & Lamarche, Carlos
- 10904 Employment Protection Legislation and Mismatch: Evidence from a Reform
by Berton, Fabio & Devicienti, Francesco & Grubanov-Boskovic, Sara
- 10903 Social Insurance Reform and Labor Market Outcomes in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Shiferaw, Admasu & Bedi, Arjun S. & Söderbom, Mans & Alemu, Getnet
- 10902 Skills Training and Employment Outcomes in Rural Bihar
by Chakravorty, Bhaskar & Bedi, Arjun S.