2015, Volume 119, Issue 7
- 851-855 Swiss popular initiative for a single health insurer… once again!
by De Pietro, Carlo & Crivelli, Luca
- 856-859 Integrated health and social care in England – Progress and prospects
by Humphries, Richard
- 860-873 Managed care in four managed competition OECD health systems
by Shmueli, Amir & Stam, Piet & Wasem, Jürgen & Trottmann, Maria
- 874-881 Government interventions to aid choice: Help to self-help or paternalism?
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Kjær, Trine
- 882-888 Public healthcare interests require strict competition enforcement
by Loozen, Edith M.H.
- 889-898 Income related inequalities in avoidable mortality in Norway: A population-based study using data from 1994–2011
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen
- 899-906 Unmet healthcare needs depending on employment status
by Lee, Sang-Yi & Kim, Chul-Woung & Kang, Jeong-Hee & Seo, Nam-Kyu
- 907-914 Affordability of out-of-pocket health care expenses among older Australians
by Carpenter, Anthony & Islam, M. Mofizul & Yen, Laurann & McRae, Ian
- 915-924 The relevance of work-related learning for vulnerable groups. Dutch case study of a Health Impact Assessment with equity focus
by Storm, Ilse & Uiters, Ellen & Busch, Mirjam C.M. & den Broeder, Lea & Schuit, Albertine J.
- 925-931 Does the new EU Regulation on clinical trials adequately protect vulnerable research participants?
by Gennet, Éloïse & Andorno, Roberto & Elger, Bernice
- 932-940 The European Union Food Distribution programme for the Most Deprived Persons of the community, 1987–2013: From agricultural policy to social inclusion policy?
by Caraher, Martin
- 941-953 Health, economic crisis, and austerity: A comparison of Greece, Finland and Iceland
by Tapia Granados, José A. & Rodriguez, Javier M.
- 954-963 The fiscal crisis in the health sector: Patterns of cutback management across Europe
by Ongaro, Edoardo & Ferré, Francesca & Fattore, Giovanni
- 964-979 Socio-economic burden of rare diseases: A systematic review of cost of illness evidence
by Angelis, Aris & Tordrup, David & Kanavos, Panos
- 980-989 Decision solution, data manipulation and trust: The (un-)willingness to donate organs in Germany in critical times
by Schwettmann, Lars
- 990-997 Equality, accessibility, and availability of physical therapy services in Israel—Perception of national directors
by Jacob, Tamar & Parag, Ayala
2015, Volume 119, Issue 6
- 697-708 A literature review to identify factors that determine policies for influenza vaccination
by Silva, Maria Laura & Perrier, Lionel & Cohen, Jean Marie & Paget, William John & Mosnier, Anne & Späth, Hans Martin
- 709-719 A cross-national comparative study on the influence of individual life course factors on mammography screening
by Missinne, Sarah & Bracke, Piet
- 720-731 Regulatory approaches to obesity prevention: A systematic overview of current laws addressing diet-related risk factors in the European Union and the United States
by Sisnowski, Jana & Handsley, Elizabeth & Street, Jackie M.
- 732-736 Towards a framework for evaluating and grading evidence in public health
by Harder, Thomas & Abu Sin, Muna & Bosch-Capblanch, Xavier & Bruno Coignard, & de Carvalho Gomes, Helena & Duclos, Phillippe & Eckmanns, Tim & Elder, Randy & Ellis, Simon & Forland, Frode & Garner, Paul & James, Roberta & Jansen, Andreas & Krause, Gérard & Lévy-Bruhl, Daniel & Morgan, Antony & Meerpohl, Joerg J. & Norris, Susan & Rehfuess, Eva & Sánchez-Vivar, Alex & Schünemann, Holger & Takla, Anja & Wichmann, Ole & Zingg, Walter & Zuiderent-Jerak, Teun
- 737-742 The rise and fall of the world's first fat tax
by Bødker, Malene & Pisinger, Charlotta & Toft, Ulla & Jørgensen, Torben
- 743-748 English obesity policies: To govern and not to govern
by Vallgårda, Signild
- 749-759 Unravelling the concept of integrated public health policy: Concept mapping with Dutch experts from science, policy, and practice
by Tubbing, Luuk & Harting, Janneke & Stronks, Karien
- 760-769 Policy and planning of prevention in Italy: Results from an appraisal of prevention plans developed by Regions for the period 2010–2012
by Rosso, Annalisa & Marzuillo, Carolina & Massimi, Azzurra & De Vito, Corrado & de Belvis, Anton Giulio & La Torre, Giuseppe & Federici, Antonio & Ricciardi, Walter & Villari, Paolo
- 770-777 The influence of performance-based payment on childhood immunisation coverage
by Merilind, Eero & Salupere, Rauno & Västra, Katrin & Kalda, Ruth
- 778-786 The excess health care costs of KardioPro, an integrated care program for coronary heart disease prevention
by Becker, Christian & Holle, Rolf & Stollenwerk, Björn
- 787-793 The effectiveness of preventive care at reducing curative care risk for the Taiwanese elderly under National Health Insurance
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Peng, Yu-I & Lee, Ping-Chang & Liu, Tsai-Ching
- 794-801 Screening for cervical cancer: What are the determinants among adults with disabilities living in institutions? Findings from a National Survey in France
by Bussière, Clémence & Le Vaillant, Marc & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie
- 802-813 A literature review of clinical outcomes associated with antipsychotic medication use in North American nursing home residents
by Chiu, Yunwen & Bero, Lisa & Hessol, Nancy A. & Lexchin, Joel & Harrington, Charlene
- 814-820 What is the impact of policy differences on nursing home utilization? The cases of Germany and the Netherlands
by Alders, Peter & Costa-Font, Joan & de Klerk, Mirjam & Frank, Richard
- 821-830 The use of mystery guests by the Dutch Health Inspectorate: Results of a pilot study in long-term intramural elderly care
by Adams, Samantha A. & Paul, Katharina T. & Ketelaars, Corry & Robben, Paul
- 831-839 Factors associated with not receiving homecare, end-of-life homecare, or early homecare referral among cancer decedents: A population-based cohort study
by Bainbridge, Daryl & Seow, Hsien & Sussman, Jonathan & Pond, Gregory & Barbera, Lisa
- 840-849 A gap in formal long-term care use related to characteristics of caregivers and households, under the public universal system in Japan: 2001–2010
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki & Tamiya, Nanako
2015, Volume 119, Issue 5
- 563-568 Cyprus in crisis: Recent changes in the pharmaceutical market and options for further reforms without sacrificing access to or quality of treatment
by Petrou, Panagiotis & Vandoros, Sotiris
- 569-576 European collaboration on relative effectiveness assessments: What is needed to be successful?
by Kleijnen, Sarah & Toenders, Wil & de Groot, Folkert & Huic, Mirjana & George, Elisabeth & Wieseler, Beate & Pavlovic, Mira & Bucsics, Anna & Siviero, Paolo D. & van der Graaff, Martin & Rdzany, Rafał & Kristensen, Finn Børlum & Goettsch, Wim
- 577-587 Same drugs, valued differently? Comparing comparators and methods used in reimbursement recommendations in Australia, Canada, and Korea
by Bae, Green & Bae, Eun Young & Bae, SeungJin
- 588-596 Why orphan drug coverage reimbursement decision-making needs patient and public involvement
by Douglas, Conor M.W. & Wilcox, Elizabeth & Burgess, Michael & Lynd, Larry D.
- 597-603 The unintended effects of the Medicare Part D low income subsidy
by Decarolis, Francesco
- 604-611 The effect of new drug pricing systems and new reimbursement guidelines on pharmaceutical expenditures and prescribing behavior among hypertensive patients in Korea
by Cho, Mee-Hyun & Yoo, Ki-Bong & Lee, Hoo-Yeon & Lee, Kwang-Sig & Kwon, Jeoung A & Han, Kyu-Tae & Kim, Jae-Hyun & Park, Eun-Cheol
- 612-619 Price difference as a predictor of the selection between brand name and generic statins in Japan
by Takizawa, Osamu & Urushihara, Hisashi & Tanaka, Shiro & Kawakami, Koji
- 620-627 The effects of reduced copayments on discontinuation and adherence failure to statin medication in Australia
by Knott, Rachel J. & Petrie, Dennis J. & Heeley, Emma L. & Chalmers, John P. & Clarke, Philip M.
- 628-639 From “retailers” to health care providers: Transforming the role of community pharmacists in chronic disease management
by Mossialos, Elias & Courtin, Emilie & Naci, Huseyin & Benrimoj, Shalom & Bouvy, Marcel & Farris, Karen & Noyce, Peter & Sketris, Ingrid
- 640-647 Competition among pharmacies and the typology of services delivered: The Portuguese case
by Martins, Lurdes & Queirós, Sónia
- 648-653 Reregulation of the Swedish pharmacy sector—A qualitative content analysis of the political rationale
by Wisell, Kristin & Winblad, Ulrika & Sporrong, Sofia Kälvemark
- 654-663 Price elasticities in the German Statutory Health Insurance market before and after the health care reform of 2009
by Pendzialek, Jonas B. & Danner, Marion & Simic, Dusan & Stock, Stephanie
- 664-671 Switching benefits and costs in competitive health insurance markets: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence from the Netherlands
by Duijmelinck, Daniëlle M.I.D. & Mosca, Ilaria & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 672-679 Estimating community health needs against a Triple Aim background: What can we learn from current predictive risk models?
by Elissen, Arianne M.J. & Struijs, Jeroen N. & Baan, Caroline A. & Ruwaard, Dirk
- 680-687 Association between all-cause mortality and insurance status transition among the elderly population in a rural area in Korea: Kangwha Cohort Study
by Jang, Sung-In & Yi, Sang-Wook & Sull, Jae-Woong & Park, Eun-Cheol & Kim, Jae-Hyun & Ohrr, Heechoul
- 688-695 How profitable is a voluntary deductible in health insurance for the consumer?
by van Winssen, K.P.M. & van Kleef, R.C. & van de Ven, W.P.M.M.
2015, Volume 119, Issue 4
- 405-416 Impact of a quality improvement program on primary healthcare in Canada: A mixed-method evaluation
by Harris, Stewart B. & Green, Michael E. & Brown, Judith Belle & Roberts, Sharon & Russell, Grant & Fournie, Meghan & Webster-Bogaert, Susan & Paquette-Warren, Jann & Kotecha, Jyoti & Han, Han & Thind, Amardeep & Stewart, Moira & Reichert, Sonja & Tompkins, Jordan W. & Birtwhistle, Richard
- 417-426 Impact of a pay for performance programme on French GPs’ consultation length
by Saint-Lary, Olivier & Sicsic, Jonathan
- 427-436 Determinants of the choice of GP practice registration in England: Evidence from a discrete choice experiment
by Lagarde, Mylene & Erens, Bob & Mays, Nicholas
- 437-446 Out-of-hours primary care services: Demands and patient referral patterns in a Veneto region (Italy) Local Health Authority
by Buja, Alessandra & Toffanin, Roberto & Rigon, Stefano & Sandonà, Paolo & Carraro, Daniela & Damiani, Gianfranco & Baldo, Vincenzo
- 447-455 Who provides GP after-hours care?
by Pham, Mai & McRae, Ian
- 456-463 Prescribing behavior of General Practitioners: Competition matters
by Schaumans, Catherine
- 464-474 Is it worth reorganising cancer services on the basis of multidisciplinary teams (MDTs)? A systematic review of the objectives and organisation of MDTs and their impact on patient outcomes
by Prades, Joan & Remue, Eline & van Hoof, Elke & Borras, Josep M.
- 475-487 How can a country learn from the experience of another? Expanding nurses’ scope of practice in Portugal: Lessons from England
by Temido, Marta & Dussault, Gilles
- 488-493 Do new workforce roles reduce waiting times in ED? A difference-in-difference evaluation using hospital administrative data
by Scott, Anthony & Yong, Jongsay
- 494-502 Exploring the experiences of EU qualified doctors working in the United Kingdom: A qualitative study
by Legido-Quigley, Helena & Saliba, Vanessa & McKee, Martin
- 503-510 The reporting characteristics and methodological quality of Cochrane reviews about health policy research
by Xiu-xia, Li & Ya, Zheng & Yao-long, Chen & Ke-hu, Yang & Zong-jiu, Zhang
- 511-521 Inclusion of quasi-experimental studies in systematic reviews of health systems research
by Rockers, Peter C. & Røttingen, John-Arne & Shemilt, Ian & Tugwell, Peter & Bärnighausen, Till
- 522-529 How to evaluate population management? Transforming the Care Continuum Alliance population health guide toward a broadly applicable analytical framework
by Struijs, Jeroen N. & Drewes, Hanneke W. & Heijink, Richard & Baan, Caroline A.
- 530-538 Essential levels of health information in Europe: An action plan for a coherent and sustainable infrastructure
by Carinci, Fabrizio
- 539-548 MERIS (Medical Error Reporting Information System) as an innovative patient safety intervention: A health policy perspective
by Riga, Marina & Vozikis, Athanassios & Pollalis, Yannis & Souliotis, Kyriakos
- 549-557 Picking up the pieces—Applying the DISEASE FILTER to health data
by Gross, Christiane & Schübel, Thomas & Hoffmann, Rasmus
2015, Volume 119, Issue 3
- 245-251 The basic benefit package: Composition and exceptions to the rules. A case study
by Kroneman, Madelon & de Jong, Judith D.
- 252-257 Policy trends and reforms in the German DRG-based hospital payment system
by Klein-Hitpaß, Uwe & Scheller-Kreinsen, David
- 258-263 The first attempt to create a national strategy for reducing waiting times in Poland: Will it succeed?
by Kowalska, Iwona & Sagan, Anna & Mokrzycka, Anna & Zabdyr-Jamróz, Michał
- 264-273 A roadmap for comparing readmission policies with application to Denmark, England, Germany and the United States
by Kristensen, Søren Rud & Bech, Mickael & Quentin, Wilm
- 274-286 Contracting private hospitals: Experiences from Southeast and East Asia
by Herberholz, Chantal & Supakankunti, Siripen
- 287-297 Electronic health records, adoption, quality of care, legal and privacy issues and their implementation in emergency departments
by Ben-Assuli, Ofir
- 298-306 The effect of centralization of health care services on travel time and its equality
by Kobayashi, Daisuke & Otsubo, Tetsuya & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 307-315 The Great Recession in Portugal: Impact on hospital care use
by Perelman, Julian & Felix, Sónia & Santana, Rui
- 316-323 Trends in Dutch hospital spending by age and disease 1994–2010
by Wubulihasimu, Parida & Gheorghe, Maria & Slobbe, Lany & Polder, Johan & van Baal, Pieter
- 324-332 Congestion analysis to evaluate the efficiency and appropriateness of hospitals in Sicily
by Matranga, Domenica & Sapienza, Francesca
- 333-340 The impact of New Public Management on efficiency: An analysis of Madrid's hospitals
by Alonso, José M. & Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel
- 341-355 Improved estimates of Belgian private health expenditure can give important lessons to other OECD countries
by Calcoen, Piet & Moens, Dirk & Verlinden, Pieter & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Pacolet, Jozef
- 356-366 Private health care expenditure and quality in Beveridge systems: Cross-regional differences in the Italian NHS
by Del Vecchio, Mario & Fenech, Lorenzo & Prenestini, Anna
- 367-374 The impact of no-fault compensation on health care expenditures: An empirical study of OECD countries
by Vandersteegen, Tom & Marneffe, Wim & Cleemput, Irina & Vereeck, Lode
- 375-383 EU Country Specific Recommendations for health systems in the European Semester process: Trends, discourse and predictors
by Azzopardi-Muscat, Natasha & Clemens, Timo & Stoner, Deborah & Brand, Helmut
- 384-394 Patient Empowerment and its neighbours: Clarifying the boundaries and their mutual relationships
by Fumagalli, Lia Paola & Radaelli, Giovanni & Lettieri, Emanuele & Bertele’, Paolo & Masella, Cristina
- 395-404 Governance within the World Health Assembly: A 13-year analysis of WHO Member States’ contribution to global health governance
by van der Rijt, Tess & Pang (Pangestu), Tikki
2015, Volume 119, Issue 2
- 111-116 Compulsory private complementary health insurance offered by employers in France: Implications and current debate
by Franc, Carine & Pierre, Aurélie
- 117-126 The use of dental services for children: Implications of the 2010 dental reform in Israel
by Shahrabani, Shosh & Benzion, Uri & Machnes, Yaffa & Gal, Assaf
- 127-136 Social values and health priority setting in Australia: An analysis applied to the context of health technology assessment
by Whitty, Jennifer A. & Littlejohns, Peter
- 137-146 A regulatory governance perspective on health technology assessment (HTA) in France: The contextual mediation of common functional pressures
by Barron, Anthony J.G. & Klinger, Corinna & Shah, Sara Mehmood Birchall & Wright, John S.F.
- 147-155 Using needs-based frameworks for evaluating new technologies: An application to genetic tests
by Rogowski, Wolf H. & Schleidgen, Sebastian
- 156-163 Medicare's use of cost-effectiveness analysis for prevention (but not for treatment)
by Chambers, James D. & Cangelosi, Michael J. & Neumann, Peter J.
- 164-173 Value judgments for priority setting criteria in genetic testing: A discrete choice experiment
by Severin, Franziska & Hess, Wolfgang & Schmidtke, Jörg & Mühlbacher, Axel & Rogowski, Wolf
- 174-179 Babies in waiting: Why increasing the IVF age cut-off might lead to fewer wanted pregnancies in the presence of procrastination
by Dolan, Paul & Rudisill, Caroline
- 180-185 Governance of conditional reimbursement practices in the Netherlands
by Boon, Wouter & Martins, Luis & Koopmanschap, Marc
- 186-194 Experience with outcomes research into the real-world effectiveness of novel therapies in Dutch daily practice from the context of conditional reimbursement
by Gaultney, Jennifer G. & Franken, Margreet G. & Uyl-de Groot, Carin A. & Redekop, William K. & Huijgens, Peter C. & van der Holt, Bronno & Lokhorst, Henk M. & Sonneveld, Pieter
- 195-202 A comparative study of the role of disease severity in drug reimbursement decision making in four European countries
by Franken, Margreet & Stolk, Elly & Scharringhausen, Tessa & de Boer, Anthonius & Koopmanschap, Marc
- 203-211 A comparative analysis of coverage decisions for outpatient pharmaceuticals: Evidence from Denmark, Norway and Sweden
by Grepstad, Mari & Kanavos, Panos
- 212-216 Cost-effectiveness of trastuzumab in metastatic breast cancer: Mainly a matter of price in the EU?
by Garattini, Livio & van de Vooren, Katelijne & Curto, Alessandro
- 217-223 Medicine price awareness in chronic patients in Belgium
by Fraeyman, Jessica & Symons, Linda & De Loof, Hans & De Meyer, Guido R.Y. & Remmen, Roy & Beutels, Philippe & Van Hal, Guido
- 224-231 Reforming private drug coverage in Canada: Inefficient drug benefit design and the barriers to change in unionized settings
by O’Brady, Sean & Gagnon, Marc-André & Cassels, Alan
- 232-238 Medicine shortages – A study of community pharmacies in Finland
by Heiskanen, K. & Ahonen, R. & Karttunen, P. & Kanerva, R. & Timonen, J.
- 239-243 The effects of economic sanctions on disease specific clinical outcomes of patients with thalassemia and hemophilia in Iran
by Karimi, Mehran & Haghpanah, Sezaneh
2015, Volume 119, Issue 1
- 1-8 Working towards integrated community care for older people: Empowering organisational features from a professional perspective
by Janssen, Bienke M. & Snoeren, Miranda W.C. & Van Regenmortel, Tine & Abma, Tineke A.
- 9-16 Implementing care programmes for frail older people: A project management perspective
by Bindels, Jill & Cox, Karen & Abma, Tineke A. & van Schayck, Onno C.P. & Widdershoven, Guy
- 17-25 The 3 A's of the access process to long-term care for elderly: Providers experiences in a multiple case study in the Netherlands
by Schipper, Lisette & Luijkx, Katrien & Meijboom, Bert & Schols, Jos
- 26-32 National Cancer Screening Programs and Evidence-Based Healthcare Policy in South Korea
by Jung, Minsoo
- 33-43 Korean public opinion on alcohol control policy: A cross-sectional International Alcohol Control study
by Seo, Seonwha & Chun, Sungsoo & Newell, Maxine & Yun, Mieun
- 44-49 The smoking ban next door: Do hospitality businesses in border areas have reduced sales after a statewide smoke-free policy?
by Klein, Elizabeth G. & Hood, Nancy E.
- 50-56 Nationwide Smoking Cessation Treatment Support Program – Turkey project
by Çelik, İsmail & Yüce, Deniz & Hayran, Mutlu & Erman, Mustafa & Kılıçkap, Saadettin & Buzgan, Turan & Irmak, Hasan & Tosun, Nihat & Tuncer, Murat & Akdağ, Recep
- 57-65 Old wine in new bottles: Tobacco industry's submission to European Commission tobacco product directive public consultation
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Glantz, Stanton A.
- 66-73 Context analysis for epidemic control in the Netherlands
by Huizer, Yvonne L. & Kraaij-Dirkzwager, Marleen M. & Timen, Aura & Schuitmaker, Tjerk Jan & Steenbergen, Jim E. van
- 74-81 The role of NGOs in child injury prevention: An organizational assessment of one network of NGOs
by Bachani, Abdulgafoor M. & Tran, Nhan T. & Agrawal, Shreya & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 82-87 School health promotion providers’ roles in practice and theory: Results from a case study
by Teutsch, Friedrich & Gugglberger, Lisa & Dür, Wolfgang
- 88-96 Will the next generation of preferential trade and investment agreements undermine prevention of noncommunicable diseases? A prospective policy analysis of the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement
by Thow, Anne Marie & Snowdon, Wendy & Labonté, Ronald & Gleeson, Deborah & Stuckler, David & Hattersley, Libby & Schram, Ashley & Kay, Adrian & Friel, Sharon
- 100-106 The effects of the financial crisis and austerity measures on the Spanish health care system: A qualitative analysis of health professionals’ perceptions in the region of Valencia
by Cervero-Liceras, Francisco & McKee, Martin & Legido-Quigley, Helena
2014, Volume 118, Issue 3
- 273-278 Potential impact of removing general practice boundaries in England: A policy analysis
by Mays, Nicholas & Tan, Stefanie & Eastmure, Elizabeth & Erens, Bob & Lagarde, Mylene & Wright, Michael
- 279-284 Low-budget policy tool to empower Israeli insureds to demand their rights in the healthcare system
by Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli & Waitzberg, Ruth & Medina-Artom, Tamar & Adijes-Toren, Ariella
- 285-291 Balancing adequacy and affordability?: Essential Health Benefits under the Affordable Care Act
by Haeder, Simon F.
- 292-303 Measuring and comparing health care waiting times in OECD countries
by Siciliani, Luigi & Moran, Valerie & Borowitz, Michael
- 304-315 Impact of initiatives to improve access to, and choice of, primary and urgent care in England: A systematic review
by Tan, Stefanie & Mays, Nicholas
- 316-340 Effects of physician-owned specialized facilities in health care: A systematic review
by Trybou, Jeroen & De Regge, Melissa & Gemmel, Paul & Duyck, Philippe & Annemans, Lieven
- 341-353 Cost accounting models used for price-setting of health services: An international review
by Raulinajtys-Grzybek, Monika
- 354-362 The development of differences in hospital costs accross income groups in Finland from 1998 to 2010
by Manderbacka, Kristiina & Järvelin, Jutta & Arffman, Martti & Häkkinen, Unto & Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 363-376 Extending Miles & Snow's strategy choice typology to the German hospital sector
by Helmig, Bernd & Hinz, Vera & Ingerfurth, Stefan
- 377-385 Has the National Health Insurance improved the inequality in the use of tertiary-care hospitals in Korea?
by Kim, Sujin & Kwon, Soonman
- 386-395 Do German hospital report cards have the potential to improve the quality of care?
by Emmert, Martin & Hessemer, Stefanie & Meszmer, Nina & Sander, Uwe
- 396-406 Concentration of gynaecology and obstetrics in Germany: Is comprehensive access at stake?
by Mennicken, Roman & Kolodziej, Ingo W.K. & Augurzky, Boris & Kreienberg, Rolf
- 407-412 Effect of patient risk on the volume–outcome relationship in obstetric delivery services
by Lee, Kwang-Soo & Kwak, Jin-Mi
- 413-421 Value-based purchasing and hospital acquired conditions: Are we seeing improvement?
by Spaulding, Aaron & Zhao, Mei & Haley, D. Rob
2014, Volume 118, Issue 2
- 147-152 Healthcare financing reform in Latvia: Switching from social health insurance to NHS and back?
by Mitenbergs, Uldis & Brigis, Girts & Quentin, Wilm
- 153-158 Implementation of the 2011 Therapeutic Activity Act: Will commercialization improve the financial performance of Polish hospitals?
by Sagan, Anna & Sobczak, Alicja
- 159-165 The paradox of public participation in the healthcare in Poland – What citizens want, and what they think
by Kolasa, Katarzyna & Dohnalik, Jacek & Borek, Ewa & Siemiątkowski, Marek & Ścibiorski, Cezary
- 166-172 Primary care principles and community health centers in the countries of former Yugoslavia
by Klančar, Darinka & Švab, Igor
- 173-183 First- and fifth-year medical students’ intention for emigration and practice abroad: A case study of Serbia
by Santric-Milicevic, Milena M. & Terzic-Supic, Zorica J. & Matejic, Bojana R. & Vasic, Vladimir & Ricketts, Thomas C.
- 184-192 Foregoing medicines in the former Soviet Union: Changes between 2001 and 2010
by Footman, Katharine & Richardson, Erica & Roberts, Bayard & Alimbekova, Gulzhan & Pachulia, Merab & Rotman, David & Gasparishvili, Alexander & McKee, Martin
- 193-200 In search of patient-centred care in middle income countries: The experience of diabetes care in the former Soviet Union
by Kühlbrandt, Charlotte & Balabanova, Dina & Chikovani, Ivdity & Petrosyan, Varduhi & Kizilova, Kseniya & Ivaniuto, Oksana & Danii, Olga & Makarova, Noune & McKee, Martin
- 201-214 Understanding shortages of sufficient health care in rural areas
by Weinhold, Ines & Gurtner, Sebastian
- 215-221 Geographic variation in rates of common surgical procedures in France in 2008–2010, and comparison to the US and Britain
by Weeks, William B. & Paraponaris, Alain & Ventelou, Bruno
- 222-228 Geographic disparities in the utilisation of computed tomography scanning services in southern New Zealand
by Nixon, Garry & Samaranayaka, Ari & de Graaf, Brandon & McKechnie, Roslyne & Blattner, Katharina & Dovey, Susan
- 229-241 Measuring performance in off-patent drug markets: A methodological framework and empirical evidence from twelve EU Member States
by Kanavos, Panos
- 242-254 Analysis of endpoints used in marketing authorisations versus value assessments of oncology medicines in Germany
by Ruof, Jörg & Knoerzer, Dietrich & Dünne, Anja-Alexandra & Dintsios, Charalabos-Markos & Staab, Thomas & Schwartz, Friedrich Wilhelm
- 255-263 Transparency in Canadian public drug advisory committees
by Rosenberg-Yunger, Zahava R.S. & Bayoumi, Ahmed M.
- 264-270 The path of least resistance: Paying for antibiotics in non-human uses
by Hollis, Aidan & Ahmed, Ziana
2014, Volume 118, Issue 1
- 1-7 Accountable care organizations in the USA: Types, developments and challenges
by Barnes, Andrew J. & Unruh, Lynn & Chukmaitov, Askar & van Ginneken, Ewout
- 8-13 The Austrian health reform 2013 is promising but requires continuous political ambition
by Hofmarcher, Maria M.
- 14-23 Physician integration revisited—An exploratory study of monetary and professional incentives in three countries
by Janus, Katharina & Brown, Lawrence D.
- 24-36 Professional networks and EBM use: A study of inter-physician interaction across levels of care
by Mascia, Daniele & Dandi, Roberto & Di Vincenzo, Fausto
- 37-47 The influence of experiential learning on medical equipment adoption in general practices
by Bourke, Jane & Roper, Stephen
- 48-55 The primary–secondary care interface: Does provision of more services in primary care reduce referrals to medical specialists?
by van Dijk, Christel E. & Korevaar, Joke C. & Koopmans, Berber & de Jong, Judith D. & de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 56-65 The effect of physician supply on health status: Canadian evidence
by Piérard, Emmanuelle
- 66-73 What do patients say about their physicians? An analysis of 3000 narrative comments posted on a German physician rating website
by Emmert, Martin & Meier, Florian & Heider, Ann-Kathrin & Dürr, Christoph & Sander, Uwe
- 74-83 The patient perspective of clinical training—An empirical study about patient motives to participate
by Drevs, Florian & Gebele, Christoph & Tscheulin, Dieter K.
- 84-94 Mapping support policies for informal carers across the European Union
by Courtin, Emilie & Jemiai, Nadia & Mossialos, Elias
- 95-104 A review of abortion laws in Western-European countries. A cross-national comparison of legal developments between 1960 and 2010
by Levels, Mark & Sluiter, Roderick & Need, Ariana
- 105-113 International trade of health services: Global trends and local impact
by Lautier, Marc
- 114-126 More apples fewer chips? The effect of school fruit schemes on the consumption of junk food
by Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Labartino, Giovanna
- 127-134 Considering economic analyses in the revision of the preventive vaccination law: A new direction for health policy-making in Japan?
by Akazawa, Manabu & Yongue, Julia & Ikeda, Shunya & Satoh, Toshihiko
- 135-144 Female preventive practices: Breast and smear tests
by Gil Lacruz, Ana Isabel & Gil Lacruz, Marta & Gorgemans, Sophie
2014, Volume 117, Issue 3
- 275-278 Indicators of health system coverage and activity in Ireland during the economic crisis 2008–2014 – From ‘more with less’ to ‘less with less’
by Burke, Sara & Thomas, Steve & Barry, Sarah & Keegan, Conor
- 279-284 Health policy making under information constraints: An evaluation of the policy responses to the economic crisis in Greece
by Goranitis, Ilias & Siskou, Olga & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos
- 285-296 Interventions promoting the acceptance and uptake of generic medicines: A narrative review of the literature
by Babar, Z.U.D. & Kan, S.W. & Scahill, S.
- 297-310 Perspectives of physicians practicing in low and middle income countries towards generic medicines: A narrative review
by Hassali, Mohamed Azmi & Wong, Zhi Yen & Alrasheedy, Alian A. & Saleem, Fahad & Mohamad Yahaya, Abdul Haniff & Aljadhey, Hisham
- 311-327 Does deregulation in community pharmacy impact accessibility of medicines, quality of pharmacy services and costs? Evidence from nine European countries
by Vogler, Sabine & Habimana, Katharina & Arts, Danielle
- 328-333 Regulatory framework of pharmaceutical compounding and actual developments of legislation in Europe
by Minghetti, Paola & Pantano, Doriana & Gennari, Chiara Grazia Milena & Casiraghi, Antonella
- 334-344 Evaluation of a possible predictor for Federal Joint Committee decisions on early benefit assessments according to the German act on the reform of the market for medicinal products
by Schwander, Björn & Banz, Kurt & Kaier, Klaus & Walzer, Stefan
- 345-352 Managed entry agreements for pharmaceuticals in Australia
by Vitry, Agnes & Roughead, Elizabeth
- 353-360 Druggists and pharmacists as gatekeepers: Sales routines and compliance with sales protocols for over-the-counter naproxen 275 mg medicines in the Netherlands
by van Hoof, Joris J. & Cents, Michel H.G. & Megens, Nicole M.J. & van der Tang, Sijbrand J.
- 361-373 The effect of pharmaceutical innovation on longevity, hospitalization and medical expenditure in Turkey, 1999–2010
by Lichtenberg, Frank R. & Tatar, Mehtap & Çalışkan, Zafer
- 374-381 Medication supply, healthcare outcomes and healthcare expenses: Longitudinal analyses of patients with type 2 diabetes and hypertension
by Chen, Chi-Chen & Blank, Robert H. & Cheng, Shou-Hsia
- 382-391 The international spread of Academic Health Science Centres: A scoping review and the case of policy transfer to England
by French, Catherine E. & Ferlie, Ewan & Fulop, Naomi J.
- 392-398 The Ontario Drug Policy Research Network: Bridging the gap between Research and Drug Policy
by Khan, Sobia & Moore, Julia E. & Gomes, Tara & Camacho, Ximena & Tran, Judy & McAuley, Glenn & Juurlink, David N. & Paterson, Michael & Laupacis, Andreas & Mamdani, Muhammad M.
- 399-408 Partners in projects: Preparing for public involvement in health and social care research
by Parkes, Jacqueline H. & Pyer, Michelle & Wray, Paula & Taylor, Jane
- 409-420 How should we regulate risk in biomedical research? An ethical analysis of recent policy proposals and initiatives
by Rid, Annette
2014, Volume 117, Issue 2
- 135-145 The new regulation to investigate potentially beneficial diagnostic and therapeutic methods in Germany: Up to international standard?
by Olberg, Britta & Perleth, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard
- 146-150 Implementation of DRG Payment in France: Issues and recent developments
by Or., Zeynep
- 151-169 Reframing professional boundaries in healthcare: A systematic review of facilitators and barriers to task reallocation from the domain of medicine to the nursing domain
by Niezen, Maartje G.H. & Mathijssen, Jolanda J.P.
- 170-178 The acceptability of care delegation in skill-mix: The salience of trust
by Dyer, Thomas Anthony & Owens, Janine & Robinson, Peter Glenn
- 179-186 Task shifting policy in Ontario, Canada: Does it help personal support workers’ intention to stay?
by Zeytinoglu, Isik U. & Denton, Margaret & Brookman, Catherine & Plenderleith, Jennifer
- 187-194 Is working in culturally diverse working environment associated with physicians’ work-related well-being? A cross-sectional survey study among Finnish physicians
by Aalto, Anna-Mari & Heponiemi, Tarja & Väänänen, Ari & Bergbom, Barbara & Sinervo, Timo & Elovainio, Marko
- 195-202 Perceived need and barriers to continuing professional development among doctors
by Ikenwilo, Divine & Skåtun, Diane
- 203-209 Perceptions of Greek medical students regarding medical profession and the specialty selection process during the economic crisis years
by Labiris, Georgios & Vamvakerou, Vasileia & Tsolakaki, Olympia & Giarmoukakis, Athanassios & Sideroudi, Haris & Kozobolis, Vassilios
- 210-215 Physicians’ brain drain in Greece: A perspective on the reasons why and how to address it
by Ifanti, Amalia A. & Argyriou, Andreas A. & Kalofonou, Foteini H. & Kalofonos, Haralabos P.
- 216-227 Managing customization in health care: A framework derived from the services sector literature
by Minvielle, Etienne & Waelli, Mathias & Sicotte, Claude & Kimberly, John R.
- 228-238 Budget goal commitment, clinical managers’ use of budget information and performance
by Macinati, Manuela S. & Rizzo, Marco G.
- 239-246 Defining hospital's internal boundaries. An organisational complexity criterion
by Mariani, Laura & Cavenago, Dario
- 247-256 Needs, expectations and public knowledge concerning services outside the medical basket: A lesson from Israel
by Sperling, Daniel
- 257-265 Choosing your health insurance package: A method for measuring the public's preferences for changes in the national health insurance plan
by Victoor, Aafke & Hansen, Johan & van den Akker-van Marle, M. Elske & van den Berg, Bernard & van den Hout, Wilbert B. & de Jong, Judith D.
- 266-274 Changing priority setting practice: The role of implementation in practice change
by Cornelissen, Evelyn & Mitton, Craig & Davidson, Alan & Reid, R. Colin & Hole, Rachelle & Visockas, Anne-Marie & Smith, Neale
2014, Volume 116, Issue 2
- 137-146 Systematic review of factors affecting pharmaceutical expenditures
by Mousnad, Mohamed Awad & Shafie, Asrul Akmal & Ibrahim, Mohamed Izham
- 147-153 Early benefit assessment of new drugs in Germany – Results from 2011 to 2012
by Hörn, Helmut & Nink, Katrin & McGauran, Natalie & Wieseler, Beate
- 154-161 The characteristics and fulfillment of conditional prescription drug approvals in Canada
by Law, Michael R.
- 162-169 Access to innovation: Is there a difference in the use of expensive anticancer drugs between French hospitals?
by Bonastre, Julia & Chevalier, Julie & Van der Laan, Chantal & Delibes, Michel & De Pouvourville, Gerard
- 170-181 Launch prices for new pharmaceuticals in the heavily regulated and subsidized Spanish market, 1995–2007
by Puig-Junoy, Jaume & López-Valcárcel, Beatriz González
- 182-187 Regional tenders on biosimilars in Italy: An empirical analysis of awarded prices
by Curto, Sandro & Ghislandi, Simone & van de Vooren, Katelijne & Duranti, Silvy & Garattini, Livio
- 188-195 Predictability of pharmaceutical spending in primary health services using Clinical Risk Groups
by Vivas-Consuelo, David & Usó-Talamantes, Ruth & Trillo-Mata, José Luis & Caballer-Tarazona, Maria & Barrachina-Martínez, Isabel & Buigues-Pastor, Laia
- 196-205 Impacts of drug reimbursement reductions on utilization and expenditures of oral antidiabetic medications in Taiwan: An interrupted time series study
by Hsu, Jason C. & Lu, Christine Y. & Wagner, Anita K. & Chan, K. Arnold & Lai, Mei-Shu & Ross-Degnan, Dennis
- 206-213 Recognition of pharmaceutical prescriptions across the European Union: A comparison of five Member States’ policies and practices
by Miguel, Lorena San & Augustin, Uta & Busse, Reinhard & Knai, Cécile & Rubert, Gloria & Sihvo, Sinikka & Baeten, Rita
- 214-223 Physician and pharmacist perceptions of generic medicines: What they think and how they differ
by Dunne, Suzanne & Shannon, Bill & Hannigan, Ailish & Dunne, Colum & Cullen, Walter
- 224-233 Brand loyalty, patients and limited generic medicines uptake
by Costa-Font, Joan & Rudisill, Caroline & Tan, Stefanie
- 238-263 An international survey of assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs) policies and the effects of these policies on costs, utilization, and health outcomes
by Dunn, Andrea L. & Stafinski, Tania & Menon, Devidas
- 264-272 Characteristics of physicians and patients who join team-based primary care practices: Evidence from Quebec's Family Medicine Groups
by Coyle, Natalie & Strumpf, Erin & Fiset-Laniel, Julie & Tousignant, Pierre & Roy, Yves
- 273-280 Does feedback influence patient - professional communication? Empirical evidence from Italy
by Murante, Anna Maria & Vainieri, Milena & Rojas, Diana & Nuti, Sabina
- 281-288 Concerns for severity in priority setting in health care: A review of trade-off data in preference studies and implications for societal willingness to pay for a QALY
by Nord, Erik & Johansen, Rune