2015, Volume 119, Issue 12
- 1517-1528 Recruitment and retention of health professionals across Europe: A literature review and multiple case study research
by Kroezen, Marieke & Dussault, Gilles & Craveiro, Isabel & Dieleman, Marjolein & Jansen, Christel & Buchan, James & Barriball, Louise & Rafferty, Anne Marie & Bremner, Jeni & Sermeus, Walter
- 1529-1536 Health professional mobility in the European Union: Exploring the equity and efficiency of free movement
by Glinos, Irene A.
- 1537-1544 Health workforce planning in Europe: Creating learning country clusters
by Batenburg, Ronald
- 1545-1549 Medical workforce education and training: A failed decentralisation attempt to reform organisation, financing, and planning in England
by Ovseiko, Pavel V. & Buchan, Alastair M.
- 1550-1556 The ‘rural pipeline’ and retention of rural health professionals in Europe's northern peripheries
by Carson, Dean B. & Schoo, Adrian & Berggren, Peter
- 1557-1564 Enumerating the preventive youth health care workforce: Size, composition and regional variation in the Netherlands
by Jambroes, Marielle & Lamkaddem, Majda & Stronks, Karien & Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise
- 1565-1575 Health workforce governance and oral health: Diversity and challenges in Europe
by Gallagher, Jennifer E. & Eaton, Kenneth A.
- 1576-1583 Primary care practice composition in 34 countries
by Groenewegen, Peter & Heinemann, Stephanie & Greß, Stefan & Schäfer, Willemijn
- 1584-1592 Work environment issues and intention-to-leave in Portuguese nurses: A cross-sectional study
by Leone, Claudia & Bruyneel, Luk & Anderson, Janet E. & Murrells, Trevor & Dussault, Gilles & Henriques de Jesus, Élvio & Sermeus, Walter & Aiken, Linda & Rafferty, Anne Marie
- 1593-1599 Health workforce planning and service expansion during an economic crisis: A case study of the national breast screening programme in Ireland
by McHugh, S.M. & Tyrrell, E. & Johnson, B. & Healy, O. & Perry, I.J. & Normand, C.
- 1600-1605 The impact of the financial crisis on human resources for health policies in three southern-Europe countries
by Correia, Tiago & Dussault, Gilles & Pontes, Carla
- 1606-1612 Health workforce governance in Italy
by Vicarelli, Giovanna & Pavolini, Emmanuele
- 1613-1620 Mapping the governance of human resources for health in Serbia
by Santric Milicevic, Milena & Vasic, Milena & Edwards, Matt
- 1621-1626 Health workforce policy and Turkey's health care reform
by Agartan, Tuba I.
- 1627-1635 The role of governance in implementing task-shifting from physicians to nurses in advanced roles in Europe, U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia
by Maier, Claudia B.
- 1636-1644 Why we need multi-level health workforce governance: Case studies from nursing and medicine in Germany
by Kuhlmann, Ellen & Larsen, Christa
- 1645-1654 Health workforce governance: Processes, tools and actors towards a competent workforce for integrated health services delivery
by Barbazza, Erica & Langins, Margrieta & Kluge, Hans & Tello, Juan
2015, Volume 119, Issue 11
- 1399-1405 The “Temporary Recommendations for Use”: A dual-purpose regulatory framework for off-label drug use in France
by Degrassat-Théas, Albane & Bocquet, François & Sinègre, Martine & Peigné, Jérôme & Paubel, Pascal
- 1406-1414 Patients’ perceptions of generic drugs in Greece
by Skaltsas, Leonora N. & Vasileiou, Konstantinos Z.
- 1415-1423 Which hospitalisations are ambulatory care-sensitive, to what degree, and how could the rates be reduced? Results of a group consensus study in Germany
by Sundmacher, Leonie & Fischbach, Diana & Schuettig, Wiebke & Naumann, Christoph & Augustin, Uta & Faisst, Cristina
- 1424-1432 Hospital managers’ need for information in decision-making – An interview study in nine European countries
by Kidholm, Kristian & Ølholm, Anne Mette & Birk-Olsen, Mette & Cicchetti, Americo & Fure, Brynjar & Halmesmäki, Esa & Kahveci, Rabia & Kiivet, Raul-Allan & Wasserfallen, Jean-Blaise & Wild, Claudia & Sampietro-Colom, Laura
- 1433-1441 Australian diagnosis related groups: Drivers of complexity adjustment
by Jackson, Terri & Dimitropoulos, Vera & Madden, Richard & Gillett, Steve
- 1442-1449 Determinants of the cost of capital for privately financed hospital projects in the UK
by Colla, Paolo & Hellowell, Mark & Vecchi, Veronica & Gatti, Stefano
- 1450-1458 The relationship between educational attainment and waiting time among the elderly in Norway
by Carlsen, Fredrik & Kaarboe, Oddvar Martin
- 1459-1471 Informal dementia care: Consequences for caregivers’ health and health care use in 8 European countries
by Bremer, Patrick & Cabrera, Esther & Leino-Kilpi, Helena & Lethin, Connie & Saks, Kai & Sutcliffe, Caroline & Soto, Maria & Zwakhalen, Sandra M.G. & Wübker, Ansgar
- 1472-1481 End-of-life preferences of the general public: Results from a Japanese national survey
by Kissane, Lee Andrew & Ikeda, Baku & Akizuki, Reiko & Nozaki, Shoko & Yoshimura, Kimio & Ikegami, Naoki
- 1482-1489 Preferences for end-of-life care among community-dwelling older adults and patients with advanced cancer: A discrete choice experiment
by Finkelstein, Eric A. & Bilger, Marcel & Flynn, Terry N. & Malhotra, Chetna
- 1490-1498 Ethical considerations in the regulation of euthanasia and physician-assisted death in Canada
by Landry, Joshua T. & Foreman, Thomas & Kekewich, Michael
- 1499-1505 Satisfaction and responsiveness with health-care services in Qatar—evidence from a survey
by Ali, Faleh Mohamed Hussain & Nikoloski, Zlatko & Reka, Husein
2015, Volume 119, Issue 10
- 1285-1292 The impact of the EU Directive on patients’ rights and cross border health care in Malta
by Azzopardi-Muscat, Natasha & Aluttis, Christoph & Sorensen, Kristine & Pace, Roderick & Brand, Helmut
- 1293-1297 Patient mobility in the context of austerity and an enlarged EU: The European Court of Justice's ruling in the Petru Case
by Frischhut, Markus & Levaggi, Rosella
- 1298-1308 Government, politics and health policy: A quantitative analysis of 30 European countries
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & McKee, Martin
- 1309-1318 The impact of international economic sanctions on Iranian cancer healthcare
by Shahabi, Shohreh & Fazlalizadeh, Hooman & Stedman, Jennifer & Chuang, Linus & Shariftabrizi, Ahmad & Ram, Regina
- 1319-1329 Considering long-term care insurance for middle-income countries: comparing South Korea with Japan and Germany
by Rhee, Jong Chul & Done, Nicolae & Anderson, Gerard F.
- 1330-1337 Delivery of institutional long-term care under two social insurances: Lessons from the Korean experience
by Kim, Hongsoo & Jung, Young-Il & Kwon, Soonman
- 1338-1348 The non-take up of long-term care benefit in France: A pecuniary motive?
by Arrighi, Yves & Davin, Bérengère & Trannoy, Alain & Ventelou, Bruno
- 1349-1357 Unwinding the State subsidisation of private health insurance in Ireland
by Turner, Brian
- 1358-1365 Effects of changes in copayment for obstetric emergency room visits on the utilization of obstetric emergency rooms
by Raz, Iris & Novack, Lena & Yitshak-Sade, Maayan & Shahar, Yemima & Wiznitzer, Arnon & Sergienko, Ruslan & Warshawsky-Livne, Lora
- 1366-1374 Out-of-pocket payments for health care in Serbia
by Arsenijevic, Jelena & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 1375-1381 The paradox of non-evidence based, publicly funded complementary alternative medicine in the English National Health Service: An explanation
by Sheppard, Maria K.
- 1382-1389 Does prenatal care benefit maternal health? A study of post-partum maternal care use
by Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Bradley & Chan, Yun-Shan & Chen, Chin-Shyan
- 1390-1398 The development of a national HIV Plan in Belgium: Achieving consensus despite institutional complexity
by Schweikardt, Christoph & Coppieters, Yves
2015, Volume 119, Issue 9
- 1133-1144 An analysis of perceived access to health care in Europe: How universal is universal coverage?
by Cylus, Jonathan & Papanicolas, Irene
- 1145-1152 Universal health insurance coverage for 1.3 billion people: What accounts for China's success?
by Yu, Hao
- 1164-1175 Does health insurance mitigate inequities in non-communicable disease treatment? Evidence from 48 low- and middle-income countries
by El-Sayed, Abdulrahman M. & Palma, Anton & Freedman, Lynn P. & Kruk, Margaret E.
- 1176-1187 Costs and effects of new professional roles: Evidence from a literature review
by Tsiachristas, A. & Wallenburg, I. & Bond, C.M. & Elliot, R.F. & Busse, R. & van Exel, J. & Rutten-van Mölken, M.P. & de Bont, A.
- 1188-1196 Remuneration of medical specialists. Drivers of the differences between six European countries
by Kok, Lucy & Boyle, Seán & Lammers, Marloes & Tempelman, Caren
- 1197-1209 Lean in healthcare: A comprehensive review
by D’Andreamatteo, Antonio & Ianni, Luca & Lega, Federico & Sargiacomo, Massimo
- 1210-1217 Factors that influence the way local communities respond to consultation processes about major service change: A qualitative study
by Barratt, Helen & Harrison, David A. & Raine, Rosalind & Fulop, Naomi J.
- 1218-1225 Learning from contract change in primary care dentistry: A qualitative study of stakeholders in the north of England
by Holmes, Richard D. & Steele, Jimmy G. & Donaldson, Cam & Exley, Catherine
- 1226-1236 Bottom-up priority setting revised. A second evaluation of an institutional intervention in a Swedish health care organisation
by Waldau, Susanne
- 1237-1244 Local health care expenditure plans and their opportunity costs
by Karlsberg Schaffer, Sarah & Sussex, Jon & Devlin, Nancy & Walker, Andrew
- 1245-1254 Effects of pharmaceutical cost containment policies on doctors’ prescribing behavior: Focus on antibiotics
by Han, Euna & Chae, Su-Mi & Kim, Nam-Soon & Park, Sylvia
- 1255-1264 The impact of changes in national prescribing conditions for statins on their public expenditure and utilization in the Czech Republic 1997–2013
by Fuksa, Leos & Vocelka, Milan & Vytrisalova, Magda
- 1265-1274 General Practitioners’ intention to prescribe and prescribing patterns in selected European settings: The OTCSOCIOMED project
by Tsiantou, Vasiliki & Moschandreas, Joanna & Bertsias, Antonis & Papadakaki, Maria & Saridaki, Aristoula & Agius, Dominic & Alper, Zuleyha & Faresjo, Tomas & Klimkova, Martina & Martinez, Luc & Samoutis, George & Vlček, Jiří & Lionis, Christos
- 1275-1283 National transparency assessment of Kuwait's pharmaceutical sector
by Badawi, Dalia A. & Alkhamis, Yousif & Qaddoumi, Mohammad & Behbehani, Kazem
2015, Volume 119, Issue 8
- 999-1004 Measuring health system performance: A new approach to accountability and quality improvement in New Zealand
by Ashton, Toni
- 1005-1010 Centralising acute stroke care and moving care to the community in a Danish health region: Challenges in implementing a stroke care reform
by Douw, Karla & Nielsen, Camilla Palmhøj & Pedersen, Camilla Riis
- 1011-1016 Strategic purchasing reform in Estonia: Reducing inequalities in access while improving care concentration and quality
by Habicht, Triin & Habicht, Jarno & van Ginneken, Ewout
- 1017-1022 Developing cross-sectoral quality assurance for cataract surgery in the statutory quality assurance program of the German health care system: Experiences and lessons learned
by Bramesfeld, Anke & Pauletzki, Jürgen & Behrenz, Lars & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Willms, Gerald & Broge, Björn
- 1023-1030 Evaluation of a policy to strengthen case management and quality of diabetes care in general practice in Denmark
by Rudkjøbing, Andreas & Vrangbaek, Karsten & Birk, Hans Okkels & Andersen, John Sahl & Krasnik, Allan
- 1031-1038 Association of Physician Certification Policy and Quality of Care: Evidence of percutaneous coronary intervention certification program in Taiwan
by Kao, Shu-Hui & Lu, Dau-Kuan & Lin, Yi-Ling & Hsieh, Hui-Min & Lin, Tsung-Hsien & Chiu, Herng-Chia
- 1039-1045 Effective strategy for improving health care outcomes: Multidisciplinary care in cerebral infarction patients
by Han, Kyu-Tae & Park, Eun-Cheol & Kim, Sun Jung & Kim, Woorim & Hahm, Myung-Il & Jang, Sung-In & Lee, Sang Gyu
- 1046-1054 How to make medication error reporting systems work – Factors associated with their successful development and implementation
by Holmström, Anna-Riia & Laaksonen, Raisa & Airaksinen, Marja
- 1055-1067 Why do high-volume hospitals achieve better outcomes? A systematic review about intermediate factors in volume–outcome relationships
by Mesman, Roos & Westert, Gert P. & Berden, Bart J.M.M. & Faber, Marjan J.
- 1068-1075 Patient perspectives on centralisation of low volume, highly specialised procedures in Sweden
by Svederud, Ida & Virhage, Martin & Medin, Emma & Grundström, Jonas & Friberg, Sarah & Ramsberg, Joakim
- 1076-1085 Incentivising effort in governance of public hospitals: Development of a delegation-based alternative to activity-based remuneration
by Søgaard, Rikke & Kristensen, Søren Rud & Bech, Mickael
- 1086-1095 Corporate governance in Czech hospitals after the transformation
by Pirozek, Petr & Komarkova, Lenka & Leseticky, Ondrej & Hajdikova, Tatana
- 1096-1110 Leaders’ experiences and perceptions implementing activity-based funding and pay-for-performance hospital funding models: A systematic review
by Baxter, Pamela E. & Hewko, Sarah J. & Pfaff, Kathryn A. & Cleghorn, Laura & Cunningham, Barbara J. & Elston, Dawn & Cummings, Greta G.
- 1111-1118 Pricing hospital care: Global budgets and marginal pricing strategies
by Sutherland, Jason M.
- 1119-1125 Effects of DRG-based hospital payment in Poland on treatment of patients with stroke
by Bystrov, Victor & Staszewska-Bystrova, Anna & Rutkowski, Daniel & Hermanowski, Tomasz
- 1126-1132 Costs of disposable material in the operating room do not show high correlation with surgical time: Implications for hospital payment
by Delo, Caroline & Leclercq, Pol & Martins, Dimitri & Pirson, Magali
2015, Volume 119, Issue 7
- 851-855 Swiss popular initiative for a single health insurer… once again!
by De Pietro, Carlo & Crivelli, Luca
- 856-859 Integrated health and social care in England – Progress and prospects
by Humphries, Richard
- 860-873 Managed care in four managed competition OECD health systems
by Shmueli, Amir & Stam, Piet & Wasem, Jürgen & Trottmann, Maria
- 874-881 Government interventions to aid choice: Help to self-help or paternalism?
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Kjær, Trine
- 882-888 Public healthcare interests require strict competition enforcement
by Loozen, Edith M.H.
- 889-898 Income related inequalities in avoidable mortality in Norway: A population-based study using data from 1994–2011
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen
- 899-906 Unmet healthcare needs depending on employment status
by Lee, Sang-Yi & Kim, Chul-Woung & Kang, Jeong-Hee & Seo, Nam-Kyu
- 907-914 Affordability of out-of-pocket health care expenses among older Australians
by Carpenter, Anthony & Islam, M. Mofizul & Yen, Laurann & McRae, Ian
- 915-924 The relevance of work-related learning for vulnerable groups. Dutch case study of a Health Impact Assessment with equity focus
by Storm, Ilse & Uiters, Ellen & Busch, Mirjam C.M. & den Broeder, Lea & Schuit, Albertine J.
- 925-931 Does the new EU Regulation on clinical trials adequately protect vulnerable research participants?
by Gennet, Éloïse & Andorno, Roberto & Elger, Bernice
- 932-940 The European Union Food Distribution programme for the Most Deprived Persons of the community, 1987–2013: From agricultural policy to social inclusion policy?
by Caraher, Martin
- 941-953 Health, economic crisis, and austerity: A comparison of Greece, Finland and Iceland
by Tapia Granados, José A. & Rodriguez, Javier M.
- 954-963 The fiscal crisis in the health sector: Patterns of cutback management across Europe
by Ongaro, Edoardo & Ferré, Francesca & Fattore, Giovanni
- 964-979 Socio-economic burden of rare diseases: A systematic review of cost of illness evidence
by Angelis, Aris & Tordrup, David & Kanavos, Panos
- 980-989 Decision solution, data manipulation and trust: The (un-)willingness to donate organs in Germany in critical times
by Schwettmann, Lars
- 990-997 Equality, accessibility, and availability of physical therapy services in Israel—Perception of national directors
by Jacob, Tamar & Parag, Ayala
2015, Volume 119, Issue 6
- 697-708 A literature review to identify factors that determine policies for influenza vaccination
by Silva, Maria Laura & Perrier, Lionel & Cohen, Jean Marie & Paget, William John & Mosnier, Anne & Späth, Hans Martin
- 709-719 A cross-national comparative study on the influence of individual life course factors on mammography screening
by Missinne, Sarah & Bracke, Piet
- 720-731 Regulatory approaches to obesity prevention: A systematic overview of current laws addressing diet-related risk factors in the European Union and the United States
by Sisnowski, Jana & Handsley, Elizabeth & Street, Jackie M.
- 732-736 Towards a framework for evaluating and grading evidence in public health
by Harder, Thomas & Abu Sin, Muna & Bosch-Capblanch, Xavier & Bruno Coignard, & de Carvalho Gomes, Helena & Duclos, Phillippe & Eckmanns, Tim & Elder, Randy & Ellis, Simon & Forland, Frode & Garner, Paul & James, Roberta & Jansen, Andreas & Krause, Gérard & Lévy-Bruhl, Daniel & Morgan, Antony & Meerpohl, Joerg J. & Norris, Susan & Rehfuess, Eva & Sánchez-Vivar, Alex & Schünemann, Holger & Takla, Anja & Wichmann, Ole & Zingg, Walter & Zuiderent-Jerak, Teun
- 737-742 The rise and fall of the world's first fat tax
by Bødker, Malene & Pisinger, Charlotta & Toft, Ulla & Jørgensen, Torben
- 743-748 English obesity policies: To govern and not to govern
by Vallgårda, Signild
- 749-759 Unravelling the concept of integrated public health policy: Concept mapping with Dutch experts from science, policy, and practice
by Tubbing, Luuk & Harting, Janneke & Stronks, Karien
- 760-769 Policy and planning of prevention in Italy: Results from an appraisal of prevention plans developed by Regions for the period 2010–2012
by Rosso, Annalisa & Marzuillo, Carolina & Massimi, Azzurra & De Vito, Corrado & de Belvis, Anton Giulio & La Torre, Giuseppe & Federici, Antonio & Ricciardi, Walter & Villari, Paolo
- 770-777 The influence of performance-based payment on childhood immunisation coverage
by Merilind, Eero & Salupere, Rauno & Västra, Katrin & Kalda, Ruth
- 778-786 The excess health care costs of KardioPro, an integrated care program for coronary heart disease prevention
by Becker, Christian & Holle, Rolf & Stollenwerk, Björn
- 787-793 The effectiveness of preventive care at reducing curative care risk for the Taiwanese elderly under National Health Insurance
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Peng, Yu-I & Lee, Ping-Chang & Liu, Tsai-Ching
- 794-801 Screening for cervical cancer: What are the determinants among adults with disabilities living in institutions? Findings from a National Survey in France
by Bussière, Clémence & Le Vaillant, Marc & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie
- 802-813 A literature review of clinical outcomes associated with antipsychotic medication use in North American nursing home residents
by Chiu, Yunwen & Bero, Lisa & Hessol, Nancy A. & Lexchin, Joel & Harrington, Charlene
- 814-820 What is the impact of policy differences on nursing home utilization? The cases of Germany and the Netherlands
by Alders, Peter & Costa-Font, Joan & de Klerk, Mirjam & Frank, Richard
- 821-830 The use of mystery guests by the Dutch Health Inspectorate: Results of a pilot study in long-term intramural elderly care
by Adams, Samantha A. & Paul, Katharina T. & Ketelaars, Corry & Robben, Paul
- 831-839 Factors associated with not receiving homecare, end-of-life homecare, or early homecare referral among cancer decedents: A population-based cohort study
by Bainbridge, Daryl & Seow, Hsien & Sussman, Jonathan & Pond, Gregory & Barbera, Lisa
- 840-849 A gap in formal long-term care use related to characteristics of caregivers and households, under the public universal system in Japan: 2001–2010
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki & Tamiya, Nanako
2015, Volume 119, Issue 5
- 563-568 Cyprus in crisis: Recent changes in the pharmaceutical market and options for further reforms without sacrificing access to or quality of treatment
by Petrou, Panagiotis & Vandoros, Sotiris
- 569-576 European collaboration on relative effectiveness assessments: What is needed to be successful?
by Kleijnen, Sarah & Toenders, Wil & de Groot, Folkert & Huic, Mirjana & George, Elisabeth & Wieseler, Beate & Pavlovic, Mira & Bucsics, Anna & Siviero, Paolo D. & van der Graaff, Martin & Rdzany, Rafał & Kristensen, Finn Børlum & Goettsch, Wim
- 577-587 Same drugs, valued differently? Comparing comparators and methods used in reimbursement recommendations in Australia, Canada, and Korea
by Bae, Green & Bae, Eun Young & Bae, SeungJin
- 588-596 Why orphan drug coverage reimbursement decision-making needs patient and public involvement
by Douglas, Conor M.W. & Wilcox, Elizabeth & Burgess, Michael & Lynd, Larry D.
- 597-603 The unintended effects of the Medicare Part D low income subsidy
by Decarolis, Francesco
- 604-611 The effect of new drug pricing systems and new reimbursement guidelines on pharmaceutical expenditures and prescribing behavior among hypertensive patients in Korea
by Cho, Mee-Hyun & Yoo, Ki-Bong & Lee, Hoo-Yeon & Lee, Kwang-Sig & Kwon, Jeoung A & Han, Kyu-Tae & Kim, Jae-Hyun & Park, Eun-Cheol
- 612-619 Price difference as a predictor of the selection between brand name and generic statins in Japan
by Takizawa, Osamu & Urushihara, Hisashi & Tanaka, Shiro & Kawakami, Koji
- 620-627 The effects of reduced copayments on discontinuation and adherence failure to statin medication in Australia
by Knott, Rachel J. & Petrie, Dennis J. & Heeley, Emma L. & Chalmers, John P. & Clarke, Philip M.
- 628-639 From “retailers” to health care providers: Transforming the role of community pharmacists in chronic disease management
by Mossialos, Elias & Courtin, Emilie & Naci, Huseyin & Benrimoj, Shalom & Bouvy, Marcel & Farris, Karen & Noyce, Peter & Sketris, Ingrid
- 640-647 Competition among pharmacies and the typology of services delivered: The Portuguese case
by Martins, Lurdes & Queirós, Sónia
- 648-653 Reregulation of the Swedish pharmacy sector—A qualitative content analysis of the political rationale
by Wisell, Kristin & Winblad, Ulrika & Sporrong, Sofia Kälvemark
- 654-663 Price elasticities in the German Statutory Health Insurance market before and after the health care reform of 2009
by Pendzialek, Jonas B. & Danner, Marion & Simic, Dusan & Stock, Stephanie
- 664-671 Switching benefits and costs in competitive health insurance markets: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence from the Netherlands
by Duijmelinck, Daniëlle M.I.D. & Mosca, Ilaria & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 672-679 Estimating community health needs against a Triple Aim background: What can we learn from current predictive risk models?
by Elissen, Arianne M.J. & Struijs, Jeroen N. & Baan, Caroline A. & Ruwaard, Dirk
- 680-687 Association between all-cause mortality and insurance status transition among the elderly population in a rural area in Korea: Kangwha Cohort Study
by Jang, Sung-In & Yi, Sang-Wook & Sull, Jae-Woong & Park, Eun-Cheol & Kim, Jae-Hyun & Ohrr, Heechoul
- 688-695 How profitable is a voluntary deductible in health insurance for the consumer?
by van Winssen, K.P.M. & van Kleef, R.C. & van de Ven, W.P.M.M.
2015, Volume 119, Issue 4
- 405-416 Impact of a quality improvement program on primary healthcare in Canada: A mixed-method evaluation
by Harris, Stewart B. & Green, Michael E. & Brown, Judith Belle & Roberts, Sharon & Russell, Grant & Fournie, Meghan & Webster-Bogaert, Susan & Paquette-Warren, Jann & Kotecha, Jyoti & Han, Han & Thind, Amardeep & Stewart, Moira & Reichert, Sonja & Tompkins, Jordan W. & Birtwhistle, Richard
- 417-426 Impact of a pay for performance programme on French GPs’ consultation length
by Saint-Lary, Olivier & Sicsic, Jonathan
- 427-436 Determinants of the choice of GP practice registration in England: Evidence from a discrete choice experiment
by Lagarde, Mylene & Erens, Bob & Mays, Nicholas
- 437-446 Out-of-hours primary care services: Demands and patient referral patterns in a Veneto region (Italy) Local Health Authority
by Buja, Alessandra & Toffanin, Roberto & Rigon, Stefano & Sandonà, Paolo & Carraro, Daniela & Damiani, Gianfranco & Baldo, Vincenzo
- 447-455 Who provides GP after-hours care?
by Pham, Mai & McRae, Ian
- 456-463 Prescribing behavior of General Practitioners: Competition matters
by Schaumans, Catherine
- 464-474 Is it worth reorganising cancer services on the basis of multidisciplinary teams (MDTs)? A systematic review of the objectives and organisation of MDTs and their impact on patient outcomes
by Prades, Joan & Remue, Eline & van Hoof, Elke & Borras, Josep M.
- 475-487 How can a country learn from the experience of another? Expanding nurses’ scope of practice in Portugal: Lessons from England
by Temido, Marta & Dussault, Gilles
- 488-493 Do new workforce roles reduce waiting times in ED? A difference-in-difference evaluation using hospital administrative data
by Scott, Anthony & Yong, Jongsay
- 494-502 Exploring the experiences of EU qualified doctors working in the United Kingdom: A qualitative study
by Legido-Quigley, Helena & Saliba, Vanessa & McKee, Martin
- 503-510 The reporting characteristics and methodological quality of Cochrane reviews about health policy research
by Xiu-xia, Li & Ya, Zheng & Yao-long, Chen & Ke-hu, Yang & Zong-jiu, Zhang
- 511-521 Inclusion of quasi-experimental studies in systematic reviews of health systems research
by Rockers, Peter C. & Røttingen, John-Arne & Shemilt, Ian & Tugwell, Peter & Bärnighausen, Till
- 522-529 How to evaluate population management? Transforming the Care Continuum Alliance population health guide toward a broadly applicable analytical framework
by Struijs, Jeroen N. & Drewes, Hanneke W. & Heijink, Richard & Baan, Caroline A.
- 530-538 Essential levels of health information in Europe: An action plan for a coherent and sustainable infrastructure
by Carinci, Fabrizio
- 539-548 MERIS (Medical Error Reporting Information System) as an innovative patient safety intervention: A health policy perspective
by Riga, Marina & Vozikis, Athanassios & Pollalis, Yannis & Souliotis, Kyriakos
- 549-557 Picking up the pieces—Applying the DISEASE FILTER to health data
by Gross, Christiane & Schübel, Thomas & Hoffmann, Rasmus
2015, Volume 119, Issue 3
- 245-251 The basic benefit package: Composition and exceptions to the rules. A case study
by Kroneman, Madelon & de Jong, Judith D.
- 252-257 Policy trends and reforms in the German DRG-based hospital payment system
by Klein-Hitpaß, Uwe & Scheller-Kreinsen, David
- 258-263 The first attempt to create a national strategy for reducing waiting times in Poland: Will it succeed?
by Kowalska, Iwona & Sagan, Anna & Mokrzycka, Anna & Zabdyr-Jamróz, Michał
- 264-273 A roadmap for comparing readmission policies with application to Denmark, England, Germany and the United States
by Kristensen, Søren Rud & Bech, Mickael & Quentin, Wilm
- 274-286 Contracting private hospitals: Experiences from Southeast and East Asia
by Herberholz, Chantal & Supakankunti, Siripen
- 287-297 Electronic health records, adoption, quality of care, legal and privacy issues and their implementation in emergency departments
by Ben-Assuli, Ofir
- 298-306 The effect of centralization of health care services on travel time and its equality
by Kobayashi, Daisuke & Otsubo, Tetsuya & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 307-315 The Great Recession in Portugal: Impact on hospital care use
by Perelman, Julian & Felix, Sónia & Santana, Rui
- 316-323 Trends in Dutch hospital spending by age and disease 1994–2010
by Wubulihasimu, Parida & Gheorghe, Maria & Slobbe, Lany & Polder, Johan & van Baal, Pieter
- 324-332 Congestion analysis to evaluate the efficiency and appropriateness of hospitals in Sicily
by Matranga, Domenica & Sapienza, Francesca
- 333-340 The impact of New Public Management on efficiency: An analysis of Madrid's hospitals
by Alonso, José M. & Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel
- 341-355 Improved estimates of Belgian private health expenditure can give important lessons to other OECD countries
by Calcoen, Piet & Moens, Dirk & Verlinden, Pieter & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Pacolet, Jozef
- 356-366 Private health care expenditure and quality in Beveridge systems: Cross-regional differences in the Italian NHS
by Del Vecchio, Mario & Fenech, Lorenzo & Prenestini, Anna
- 367-374 The impact of no-fault compensation on health care expenditures: An empirical study of OECD countries
by Vandersteegen, Tom & Marneffe, Wim & Cleemput, Irina & Vereeck, Lode
- 375-383 EU Country Specific Recommendations for health systems in the European Semester process: Trends, discourse and predictors
by Azzopardi-Muscat, Natasha & Clemens, Timo & Stoner, Deborah & Brand, Helmut
- 384-394 Patient Empowerment and its neighbours: Clarifying the boundaries and their mutual relationships
by Fumagalli, Lia Paola & Radaelli, Giovanni & Lettieri, Emanuele & Bertele’, Paolo & Masella, Cristina
- 395-404 Governance within the World Health Assembly: A 13-year analysis of WHO Member States’ contribution to global health governance
by van der Rijt, Tess & Pang (Pangestu), Tikki
2015, Volume 119, Issue 2
- 111-116 Compulsory private complementary health insurance offered by employers in France: Implications and current debate
by Franc, Carine & Pierre, Aurélie
- 117-126 The use of dental services for children: Implications of the 2010 dental reform in Israel
by Shahrabani, Shosh & Benzion, Uri & Machnes, Yaffa & Gal, Assaf
- 127-136 Social values and health priority setting in Australia: An analysis applied to the context of health technology assessment
by Whitty, Jennifer A. & Littlejohns, Peter
- 137-146 A regulatory governance perspective on health technology assessment (HTA) in France: The contextual mediation of common functional pressures
by Barron, Anthony J.G. & Klinger, Corinna & Shah, Sara Mehmood Birchall & Wright, John S.F.
- 147-155 Using needs-based frameworks for evaluating new technologies: An application to genetic tests
by Rogowski, Wolf H. & Schleidgen, Sebastian
- 156-163 Medicare's use of cost-effectiveness analysis for prevention (but not for treatment)
by Chambers, James D. & Cangelosi, Michael J. & Neumann, Peter J.
- 164-173 Value judgments for priority setting criteria in genetic testing: A discrete choice experiment
by Severin, Franziska & Hess, Wolfgang & Schmidtke, Jörg & Mühlbacher, Axel & Rogowski, Wolf
- 174-179 Babies in waiting: Why increasing the IVF age cut-off might lead to fewer wanted pregnancies in the presence of procrastination
by Dolan, Paul & Rudisill, Caroline
- 180-185 Governance of conditional reimbursement practices in the Netherlands
by Boon, Wouter & Martins, Luis & Koopmanschap, Marc
- 186-194 Experience with outcomes research into the real-world effectiveness of novel therapies in Dutch daily practice from the context of conditional reimbursement
by Gaultney, Jennifer G. & Franken, Margreet G. & Uyl-de Groot, Carin A. & Redekop, William K. & Huijgens, Peter C. & van der Holt, Bronno & Lokhorst, Henk M. & Sonneveld, Pieter
- 195-202 A comparative study of the role of disease severity in drug reimbursement decision making in four European countries
by Franken, Margreet & Stolk, Elly & Scharringhausen, Tessa & de Boer, Anthonius & Koopmanschap, Marc
- 203-211 A comparative analysis of coverage decisions for outpatient pharmaceuticals: Evidence from Denmark, Norway and Sweden
by Grepstad, Mari & Kanavos, Panos
- 212-216 Cost-effectiveness of trastuzumab in metastatic breast cancer: Mainly a matter of price in the EU?
by Garattini, Livio & van de Vooren, Katelijne & Curto, Alessandro
- 217-223 Medicine price awareness in chronic patients in Belgium
by Fraeyman, Jessica & Symons, Linda & De Loof, Hans & De Meyer, Guido R.Y. & Remmen, Roy & Beutels, Philippe & Van Hal, Guido
- 224-231 Reforming private drug coverage in Canada: Inefficient drug benefit design and the barriers to change in unionized settings
by O’Brady, Sean & Gagnon, Marc-André & Cassels, Alan
- 232-238 Medicine shortages – A study of community pharmacies in Finland
by Heiskanen, K. & Ahonen, R. & Karttunen, P. & Kanerva, R. & Timonen, J.
- 239-243 The effects of economic sanctions on disease specific clinical outcomes of patients with thalassemia and hemophilia in Iran
by Karimi, Mehran & Haghpanah, Sezaneh
2015, Volume 119, Issue 1
- 1-8 Working towards integrated community care for older people: Empowering organisational features from a professional perspective
by Janssen, Bienke M. & Snoeren, Miranda W.C. & Van Regenmortel, Tine & Abma, Tineke A.
- 9-16 Implementing care programmes for frail older people: A project management perspective
by Bindels, Jill & Cox, Karen & Abma, Tineke A. & van Schayck, Onno C.P. & Widdershoven, Guy
- 17-25 The 3 A's of the access process to long-term care for elderly: Providers experiences in a multiple case study in the Netherlands
by Schipper, Lisette & Luijkx, Katrien & Meijboom, Bert & Schols, Jos
- 26-32 National Cancer Screening Programs and Evidence-Based Healthcare Policy in South Korea
by Jung, Minsoo
- 33-43 Korean public opinion on alcohol control policy: A cross-sectional International Alcohol Control study
by Seo, Seonwha & Chun, Sungsoo & Newell, Maxine & Yun, Mieun
- 44-49 The smoking ban next door: Do hospitality businesses in border areas have reduced sales after a statewide smoke-free policy?
by Klein, Elizabeth G. & Hood, Nancy E.
- 50-56 Nationwide Smoking Cessation Treatment Support Program – Turkey project
by Çelik, İsmail & Yüce, Deniz & Hayran, Mutlu & Erman, Mustafa & Kılıçkap, Saadettin & Buzgan, Turan & Irmak, Hasan & Tosun, Nihat & Tuncer, Murat & Akdağ, Recep
- 57-65 Old wine in new bottles: Tobacco industry's submission to European Commission tobacco product directive public consultation
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Glantz, Stanton A.
- 66-73 Context analysis for epidemic control in the Netherlands
by Huizer, Yvonne L. & Kraaij-Dirkzwager, Marleen M. & Timen, Aura & Schuitmaker, Tjerk Jan & Steenbergen, Jim E. van
- 74-81 The role of NGOs in child injury prevention: An organizational assessment of one network of NGOs
by Bachani, Abdulgafoor M. & Tran, Nhan T. & Agrawal, Shreya & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 82-87 School health promotion providers’ roles in practice and theory: Results from a case study
by Teutsch, Friedrich & Gugglberger, Lisa & Dür, Wolfgang
- 88-96 Will the next generation of preferential trade and investment agreements undermine prevention of noncommunicable diseases? A prospective policy analysis of the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement
by Thow, Anne Marie & Snowdon, Wendy & Labonté, Ronald & Gleeson, Deborah & Stuckler, David & Hattersley, Libby & Schram, Ashley & Kay, Adrian & Friel, Sharon
- 100-106 The effects of the financial crisis and austerity measures on the Spanish health care system: A qualitative analysis of health professionals’ perceptions in the region of Valencia
by Cervero-Liceras, Francisco & McKee, Martin & Legido-Quigley, Helena
2014, Volume 118, Issue 3
- 273-278 Potential impact of removing general practice boundaries in England: A policy analysis
by Mays, Nicholas & Tan, Stefanie & Eastmure, Elizabeth & Erens, Bob & Lagarde, Mylene & Wright, Michael
- 279-284 Low-budget policy tool to empower Israeli insureds to demand their rights in the healthcare system
by Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli & Waitzberg, Ruth & Medina-Artom, Tamar & Adijes-Toren, Ariella
- 285-291 Balancing adequacy and affordability?: Essential Health Benefits under the Affordable Care Act
by Haeder, Simon F.
- 292-303 Measuring and comparing health care waiting times in OECD countries
by Siciliani, Luigi & Moran, Valerie & Borowitz, Michael
- 304-315 Impact of initiatives to improve access to, and choice of, primary and urgent care in England: A systematic review
by Tan, Stefanie & Mays, Nicholas
- 316-340 Effects of physician-owned specialized facilities in health care: A systematic review
by Trybou, Jeroen & De Regge, Melissa & Gemmel, Paul & Duyck, Philippe & Annemans, Lieven
- 341-353 Cost accounting models used for price-setting of health services: An international review
by Raulinajtys-Grzybek, Monika
- 354-362 The development of differences in hospital costs accross income groups in Finland from 1998 to 2010
by Manderbacka, Kristiina & Järvelin, Jutta & Arffman, Martti & Häkkinen, Unto & Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 363-376 Extending Miles & Snow's strategy choice typology to the German hospital sector
by Helmig, Bernd & Hinz, Vera & Ingerfurth, Stefan
- 377-385 Has the National Health Insurance improved the inequality in the use of tertiary-care hospitals in Korea?
by Kim, Sujin & Kwon, Soonman
- 386-395 Do German hospital report cards have the potential to improve the quality of care?
by Emmert, Martin & Hessemer, Stefanie & Meszmer, Nina & Sander, Uwe
- 396-406 Concentration of gynaecology and obstetrics in Germany: Is comprehensive access at stake?
by Mennicken, Roman & Kolodziej, Ingo W.K. & Augurzky, Boris & Kreienberg, Rolf
- 407-412 Effect of patient risk on the volume–outcome relationship in obstetric delivery services
by Lee, Kwang-Soo & Kwak, Jin-Mi
- 413-421 Value-based purchasing and hospital acquired conditions: Are we seeing improvement?
by Spaulding, Aaron & Zhao, Mei & Haley, D. Rob
2014, Volume 118, Issue 2
- 147-152 Healthcare financing reform in Latvia: Switching from social health insurance to NHS and back?
by Mitenbergs, Uldis & Brigis, Girts & Quentin, Wilm
- 153-158 Implementation of the 2011 Therapeutic Activity Act: Will commercialization improve the financial performance of Polish hospitals?
by Sagan, Anna & Sobczak, Alicja