2012, Volume 104, Issue 3
- 222-233 Fifty ways to reduce length of stay: An inventory of how hospital staff would reduce the length of stay in their hospital
by Borghans, Ine & Kool, Rudolf B. & Lagoe, Ronald J. & Westert, Gert P.
- 234-240 A framework for the evaluation of new interventional procedures
by Lourenco, Tania & Grant, Adrian M. & Burr, Jennifer M. & Vale, Luke
- 241-246 Analysis of the success rates of new drug development in Japan and the lag behind the US
by Hirai, Yuka & Yamanaka, Yosuke & Kusama, Makiko & Ishibashi, Taro & Sugiyama, Yuichi & Ono, Shunsuke
- 247-252 Perceptions and patterns of use of generic drugs among Italian Family Pediatricians: First round results of a web survey
by Fabiano, Valentina & Mameli, Chiara & Cattaneo, Dario & Delle Fave, Antonella & Preziosa, Alessandra & Mele, Giuseppe & Clementi, Emilio & Zuccotti, Gian Vincenzo
- 253-259 Translation of remuneration arrangements into incentives to delegate to English dental therapists
by Harris, Rebecca V. & Sun, Ningwei
- 260-271 Managing poorly performing clinicians: Health care providers’ willingness to pay for independent help
by Watson, Verity & Sussex, Jon & Ryan, Mandy & Tetteh, Ebenezer
- 272-278 Implementation of a service for physicians’ consultation and information in euthanasia requests in Belgium
by Van Wesemael, Yanna & Cohen, Joachim & Bilsen, Johan & Smets, Tinne & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje & Distelmans, Wim & Deliens, Luc
- 279-287 Exploring industry perspectives on implementation of a provincial policy for food and beverage sales in publicly funded recreation facilities
by Vander Wekken, Suzanne & Sørensen, Susanne & Meldrum, John & Naylor, Patti-Jean
- 288-295 Restricting unhealthy food sponsorship: Attitudes of the sporting community
by Kelly, Bridget & Baur, Louise A. & Bauman, Adrian E. & King, Lesley & Chapman, Kathy & Smith, Ben J.
- 296-303 Giving to receive? The right to donate in umbilical cord blood banking for stem cell therapies
by Machin, Laura L. & Brown, Nik & McLeod, Danae
- 304-311 The Austrian Tobacco Act in practice – Analysing the effectiveness of partial smoking bans in Austrian restaurants and bars
by Reichmann, Gerhard & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
2012, Volume 104, Issue 2
- 99-127 Welfare states, flexible employment, and health: A critical review
by Kim, Il-Ho & Muntaner, Carles & Vahid Shahidi, Faraz & Vives, Alejandra & Vanroelen, Christophe & Benach, Joan
- 128-135 Implementing changes to hospital services: Factors influencing the process and ‘results’ of reconfiguration
by Fulop, Naomi & Walters, Rhiannon & 6, Perri & Spurgeon, Peter
- 136-145 Socio-demographic patient profiles and hospital efficiency: Does patient mix affect a hospital's ability to perform?
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Olsen, Kim R. & Sørensen, Torben H.
- 146-154 Adverse event rates as measures of hospital performance
by Hauck, Katharina & Zhao, Xueyan & Jackson, Terri
- 155-162 Can patient injury claims be utilised as a quality indicator?
by Järvelin, Jutta & Häkkinen, Unto
- 163-171 Hospital ownership and efficiency: A review of studies with particular focus on Germany
by Tiemann, Oliver & Schreyögg, Jonas & Busse, Reinhard
- 172-178 Going private: Clinicians’ experience of working in UK Independent Sector Treatment Centres
by Waring, Justin & Bishop, Simon
- 179-185 An even smaller area variation: Differing practice patterns among interventional cardiologists within a single high volume tertiary cardiac centre
by Mercuri, Mathew & Natarajan, Madhu K. & Norman, Geoff & Gafni, Amiram
- 186-192 Evaluation of the equity of age–sex adjusted primary care capitation payments in Ontario, Canada
by Sibley, Lyn M. & Glazier, Richard H.
- 193-199 Equity and equality in the use of GP services for elderly people: The Spanish case
by Crespo-Cebada, Eva & Urbanos-Garrido, Rosa M.
- 200-203 Nudge—A new and better way to improve health?
by Vallgårda, Signild
2011, Volume 103, Issue 2
- 101-110 HIV testing in Europe: Mapping policies
by Deblonde, Jessika & Meulemans, Herman & Callens, Steven & Luchters, Stanley & Temmerman, Marleen & Hamers, Françoise F.
- 111-123 A systematic review and comparison of HIV contact tracing laws in Canada
by Lunny, Carole & Shearer, Brenna D.
- 124-129 Comparison of healthcare costs between local and immigrant HIV populations living in Southern Alberta, Canada
by Krentz, Hartmut B. & Gill, M. John
- 130-140 Opportunities to reduce health inequalities by ‘Health in All Policies’ in the Netherlands: An explorative study on the national level
by Storm, Ilse & Aarts, Marie-Jeanne & Harting, Janneke & Schuit, Albertine J.
- 141-148 A national health inequalities fund for Wales: Concept, design and implementation
by Longley, Marcus & Llewellyn, Mark & Beddow, Tony & Cohen, David & Corson, Jeremy & Warner, Morton
- 149-159 Persistence despite action? Measuring the patterns of health inequality in England (1997–2007)
by Costa Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & McGuire, Alistair
- 160-167 Density of dental practitioners and access to dental care for the elderly: A multilevel analysis with a view on socio-economic inequality
by Lupi-Pegurier, Laurence & Clerc-Urmes, Isabelle & Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Paraponaris, Alain & Ventelou, Bruno
- 168-175 Economic crisis and communicable disease control in Europe: A scoping study among national experts
by Rechel, Boika & Suhrcke, Marc & Tsolova, Svetla & Suk, Jonathan E. & Desai, Monica & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David & Abubakar, Ibrahim & Hunter, Paul & Senek, Michaela & Semenza, Jan C.
- 176-183 Current immunization policies for pneumococcal, meningococcal C, varicella and rotavirus vaccinations in Italy
by Alfonsi, Valeria & D’Ancona, Fortunato & Giambi, Cristina & Nacca, Gloria & Rota, Maria Cristina
- 184-190 Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and the development of pandemic influenza containment strategies: Community voices and community control
by Massey, Peter D. & Miller, Adrian & Saggers, Sherry & Durrheim, David N. & Speare, Richard & Taylor, Kylie & Pearce, Glenn & Odo, Travis & Broome, Jennifer & Judd, Jenni & Kelly, Jenny & Blackley, Magdalena & Clough, Alan
- 191-199 Health system stewardship of National Health Ministries in the WHO European region: Concepts, functions and assessment framework
by Veillard, Jeremy Henri Maurice & Brown, Adalsteinn Davidson & Barış, Enis & Permanand, Govin & Klazinga, Niek Sebastian
- 200-208 Scorecards for health system performance assessment: The New Zealand example
by Gauld, Robin & Al-wahaibi, Suhaila & Chisholm, Johanna & Crabbe, Rebecca & Kwon, Boomi & Oh, Timothy & Palepu, Raja & Rawcliffe, Nic & Sohn, Stephen
- 209-218 Quasi-market and cost-containment in Beveridge systems: The Lombardy model of Italy
by Brenna, Elenka
- 219-227 National public health policy in a local context—Implementation in two Swedish municipalities
by Jansson, Elisabeth & Fosse, Elisabeth & Tillgren, Per
- 228-235 Impact of Universal Health Care Coverage on patient demand for health care services in Thailand
by Panpiemras, Jirawat & Puttitanun, Thitima & Samphantharak, Krislert & Thampanishvong, Kannika
- 236-243 Urbanization and the utilization of outpatient services under National Health Insurance in Taiwan
by Lin, Yen-Ju & Tian, Wei-Hua & Chen, Chun-Chih
- 244-254 Does increase in utilisation rates alone indicate the success of a user fee removal policy? A qualitative case study from Zambia
by Hadley, Mary
- 255-265 New estimates of elasticity of demand for healthcare in rural China
by Zhou, Zhongliang & Su, Yanfang & Gao, Jianmin & Xu, Ling & Zhang, Yaoguang
- 266-275 Occupational psychosocial health policies in Hong Kong schools: A review and exploration of key stakeholder perceptions
by Tang, Jessica Janice & Leka, Stavroula & Hunt, Nigel & MacLennan, Sara
- 276-282 Medical tourism: A review of the literature and analysis of a role for bi-lateral trade
by Smith, Richard & Martínez Álvarez, Melisa & Chanda, Rupa
- 283-289 By ‘default or design’? The expansion of the private health care sector in Madhya Pradesh, India
by De Costa, Ayesha & Johannson, Eva
- 290-296 Maternal health care in Indian districts
by Ghosh, Arabinda
- 297-304 Something's ironic in Denmark: An otherwise progressive welfare state lags well behind in care of patients at the end of life
by Hoefler, James M. & Vejlgaard, Tove Bahn
- 305-314 Design, implementation and scaling up of the balanced scorecard for hospitals in Lebanon: Policy coherence and application lessons for low and middle income countries
by El-Jardali, Fadi & Saleh, Shadi & Ataya, Nour & Jamal, Diana
2011, Volume 103, Issue 1
- 3-8 Multimorbidity and its measurement
by Starfield, Barbara & Kinder, Karen
- 9-15 Explaining primary healthcare pharmacy expenditure using classification of medications for chronic conditions
by Vivas, David & Guadalajara, Natividad & Barrachina, Isabel & Trillo, José-Luis & Usó, Ruth & de-la-Poza, Elena
- 16-23 Patient affiliation with GPs in Australia—Who is and who is not and does it matter?
by McRae, Ian & Yen, Laurann & Gillespie, James & Douglas, Kirsty
- 24-30 Public and private funding of general practice services for children and adolescents in New Zealand
by Dovey, Susan & Tilyard, Murray & Cunningham, Wayne & Williamson, Martyn
- 31-37 Choice of primary care provider: Results from a population survey in three Swedish counties
by Glenngård, Anna H. & Anell, Anders & Beckman, Anders
- 38-46 Social capital, community size and utilization of health services: A lagged analysis
by Nauenberg, Eric & Laporte, Audrey & Shen, Leilei
- 47-52 Variations in amenable mortality—Trends in 16 high-income nations
by Nolte, Ellen & McKee, Martin
- 53-62 The impact of physician supply on avoidable cancer deaths in Germany. A spatial analysis
by Sundmacher, Leonie & Busse, Reinhard
- 63-72 Using the diamond model to prioritize 30 causes of death by considering both the level of and inequality in mortality
by Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Huang, Yu-Tung & Chiang, Tung-Liang
- 73-82 A conditional nonparametric analysis for measuring the efficiency of regional public healthcare delivery: An application to Greek prefectures
by Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G.
- 83-91 Current and future avoidable cost of smoking – Estimates for Sweden 2007
by Bolin, Kristian & Borgman, Benny & Gip, Christina & Wilson, Koo
- 92-97 Having a yarn about smoking: Using action research to develop a ‘no smoking’ policy within an Aboriginal Health Organisation
by Fletcher, Gillian & Fredericks, Bronwyn & Adams, Karen & Finlay, Summer & Andy, Simone & Briggs, Lyn & Hall, Robert
2011, Volume 102, Issue 2
- 105-116 Public involvement in the systematic review process in health and social care: A narrative review of case examples
by Boote, Jonathan & Baird, Wendy & Sutton, Anthea
- 117-125 Opening the black box: A study of the process of NICE guidelines implementation
by Spyridonidis, Dimitrios & Calnan, Michael
- 126-135 Health technology prioritization: Which criteria for prioritizing new technologies and what are their relative weights?
by Golan, Ofra & Hansen, Paul & Kaplan, Giora & Tal, Orna
- 136-144 A thematic analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of manufacturers’ submissions to the NICE Single Technology Assessment (STA) process
by Carroll, Christopher & Kaltenthaler, Eva & FitzGerald, Patrick & Boland, Angela & Dickson, Rumona
- 145-151 A review of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) recommendations for drug therapies issued between 2007 and 2009 and their impact on policymaking processes in Poland
by Kolasa, Katarzyna & Schubert, Sebastian & Manca, Andrea & Hermanowski, Tadeusz
- 152-158 Introduction and uptake of new medical technologies in the Australian health care system: A qualitative study
by Gallego, Gisselle & Casey, Robert & Norman, Richard & Goodall, Stephen
- 159-169 Analysis of the impact of removing mucolytics and expectorants from the list of reimbursable drugs on prescription rates: A time-series analysis for France 1998–2010
by Pichetti, Sylvain & Sorasith, Christine & Sermet, Catherine
- 170-177 A new prize system for drug innovation
by Gandjour, Afschin & Chernyak, Nadja
- 178-192 Factors influencing pharmacist performance: A review of the peer-reviewed literature
by Schafheutle, Ellen Ingrid & Seston, Elizabeth Mary & Hassell, Karen
- 193-199 Screening for diabetes in unconventional locations: Resource implications and economics of screening in optometry practices
by Howse, Jennifer H. & Jones, Steve & Hungin, A.Pali S.
- 200-213 Assisted reproductive technologies: A systematic review of safety and effectiveness to inform disinvestment policy
by Watt, Amber M. & Elshaug, Adam G. & Willis, Cameron D. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 214-222 Perioperative Systems as a quality model of perioperative medicine and surgical care
by Lee, Anna & Kerridge, Ross K. & Chui, Po Tong & Chiu, Chun Hung & Gin, Tony
- 223-228 The Leapfrog initiative for intensive care unit physician staffing and its impact on intensive care unit performance: A narrative review
by Gasperino, James
- 229-234 Physicians’ participation in the Physicians’ Quality Reporting Initiative and their perceptions of its impact on quality of care
by Federman, Alex D. & Keyhani, Salomeh
- 235-246 A global overview of health insurance administrative costs: what are the reasons for variations found?
by Mathauer, Inke & Nicolle, Emmanuelle
- 247-254 Switching sickness funds in Israel: Adverse selection or risk selection? Some insights from the analysis of the relative costs of switchers
by Shmueli, Amir
- 255-262 User fees for public health care services in Hungary: Expectations, experience, and acceptability from the perspectives of different stakeholders
by Baji, Petra & Pavlova, Milena & Gulácsi, LászlÓ & Groot, Wim
- 263-269 What have 10 years of health insurance reforms brought about in Bulgaria? Re-appraising the Health Insurance Act of 1998
by Atanasova, Elka & Pavlova, Milena & Velickovski, Robert & Nikov, Bogomil & Moutafova, Emanuela & Groot, Wim
- 270-277 Two decades of reforms. Appraisal of the financial reforms in the Russian public healthcare sector
by Gordeev, Vladimir S. & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 278-285 Targeted or untargeted? The initial assessment of a targeted health insurance program for the poor in Georgia
by Hou, Xiaohui & Chao, Shiyan
- 286-294 Responsiveness and satisfaction with providers and carriers in a safety net insurance program: Evidence from Georgia's Medical Insurance for the Poor
by Bauhoff, Sebastian & Hotchkiss, David R. & Smith, Owen
- 295-303 A functional model for monitoring equity and effectiveness in purchasing health insurance premiums for the poor: Evidence from Cambodia and the Lao PDR
by Annear, Peter Leslie & Bigdeli, Maryam & Jacobs, Bart
- 304-313 Women's autonomy and reproductive health care utilisation: Empirical evidence from Tajikistan
by Kamiya, Yusuke
2011, Volume 102, Issue 1
- 1-7 Physician dual practice: A review of literature
by Socha, Karolina Z. & Bech, Mickael
- 8-17 Pay-for-performance step-by-step: Introduction to the MIMIQ model
by Van Herck, Pieter & Annemans, Lieven & De Smedt, Delphine & Remmen, Roy & Sermeus, Walter
- 18-25 Quo vadis SANEPID? A cross-country analysis of public health reforms in 10 post-Soviet states
by Maier, Claudia B. & Martin-Moreno, José M.
- 26-33 How three countries in the Americas are fortifying dietary salt reduction: A north and south perspective
by Legowski, Barbara & Legetic, Branka
- 34-40 Community-driven alcohol policy in Canada's northern territories 1970-2008
by Davison, Colleen M. & Ford, Catherine S. & Peters, Paul A. & Hawe, Penelope
- 41-48 Estimating the impact of pictorial health warnings and "plain" cigarette packaging: Evidence from experimental auctions among adult smokers in the United States
by Thrasher, James F. & Rousu, Matthew C. & Hammond, David & Navarro, Ashley & Corrigan, Jay R.
- 49-55 Street smoking bans in Japan: A hope for smoke-free cities?
by Ueda, Hiroshi & Armada, Francisco & Kashiwabara, Mina & Yoshimi, Itsuro
- 56-63 The ambiguity of ethnicity as risk factor of vitamin D deficiency - A case study of Danish vitamin D policy documents
by Mygind, Anna & Traulsen, Janine Morgall & Nørgaard, Lotte Stig & Bissell, Paul
- 64-71 Healthcare access and burden of care for patients with Lyme disease: A large United States survey
by Johnson, Lorraine & Aylward, Alexandra & Stricker, Raphael B.
- 72-80 The cost-effectiveness of alternative strategies against HBV in Italy
by Ruggeri, Matteo & Cicchetti, Americo & Gasbarrini, Antonio
- 81-88 Evaluation and equity audit of the domestic radon programme in England
by Zhang, Wei & Chow, Yimmy & Meara, Jill & Green, Martyn
- 89-95 Influenza vaccine for healthy adult workers: An issue for health authorities or employers?
by Garattini, Livio & Koleva, Daniela
- 96-103 Prevention for elderly people: Demand-oriented or problem-oriented?
by Kupper, Nicolette M. & Schreurs, Hanneke & ten Klooster, Peter M. & Bode, Christina & van Ameijden, Erik J.C.
2011, Volume 101, Issue 3
- 209-219 An alternative approach to evaluating, measuring, and comparing domestic and international health institutions: Insights from social science theories
by Gómez, Eduardo J.
- 220-227 Where the wicked problems are: The case of mental health
by Hannigan, Ben & Coffey, Michael
- 228-235 More family responsibility, more informal care? The effect of motivation on the giving of informal care by people aged over 50 in the Netherlands compared to other European countries
by Oudijk, Debbie & Woittiez, Isolde & de Boer, Alice
- 236-244 Considering consumer choice in the economic evaluation of mandatory health programmes: A review
by Parkinson, Bonny & Goodall, Stephen
- 245-252 The importance of patient expectations as a determinant of satisfaction with waiting times for hip and knee replacement surgery
by Conner-Spady, Barbara L. & Sanmartin, Claudia & Johnston, Geoffrey H. & McGurran, John J. & Kehler, Melissa & Noseworthy, Tom W.
- 253-259 Pharmacy assisted patient self care of minor ailments: A chronological review of UK health policy documents and key events 1997-2010
by Paudyal, Vibhu & Hansford, Denise & Cunningham, Scott & Stewart, Derek
- 260-268 Direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) for prescription drugs: Consumers' attitudes and preferences concerning its regulation in South Korea
by Suh, Hae Sun & Lee, Donghyun & Kim, Sang Yong & Chee, Dong Hyun & Kang, Hye-Young
- 269-276 The importance of socio-economic variables in cancer screening participation: A comparison between population-based and opportunistic screening in the EU-15
by Walsh, Brendan & Silles, Mary & O'Neill, Ciarán
- 277-289 The influence of information and private versus public provision on preferences for screening for prostate cancer: A willingness-to-pay study
by Pedersen, Line Bjørnskov & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Kjær, Trine
- 290-299 A structured tool to analyse coverage decisions: Development and feasibility test in the field of cancer screening and prevention
by Fischer, Katharina E. & Leidl, Reiner & Rogowski, Wolf H.
- 300-311 Individual responsibility and health-risk behaviour: A contingent valuation study from the ex ante societal perspective
by van der Star, Sanne M. & van den Berg, Bernard
2011, Volume 101, Issue 2
- 105-121 Impact of disease management programs on healthcare expenditures for patients with diabetes, depression, heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A systematic review of the literature
by de Bruin, Simone R. & Heijink, Richard & Lemmens, Lidwien C. & Struijs, Jeroen N. & Baan, Caroline A.
- 122-132 Towards integrated care for chronic conditions: Dutch policy developments to overcome the (financial) barriers
by Tsiachristas, Apostolos & Hipple-Walters, Bethany & Lemmens, Karin M.M. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Rutten-van Mölken, Maureen P.M.H.
- 133-139 Setting health care capitations through diagnosis-based risk adjustment: A suitable model for the English NHS?
by Asthana, Sheena & Gibson, Alex
- 140-145 Patient and practice characteristics predict the frequency of general practice multidisciplinary referrals of patients with chronic diseases: A multilevel study
by Harris, Mark F. & Jayasinghe, Upali W. & Chan, Bibiana C. & Proudfoot, Judy & Crookes, Patrick & Zwar, Nick & Powell Davies, Gawaine
- 146-152 Tendering for outpatient prescription pharmaceuticals: What can be learned from current practices in Europe?
by Dylst, Pieter & Vulto, Arnold & Simoens, Steven
- 153-161 Acquisition cost of dispensed drugs in individuals with multiple medications--A register-based study in Sweden
by Hovstadius, Bo & Åstrand, Bengt & Persson, Ulf & Petersson, Göran
- 162-171 The impotence of price controls: Failed attempts to constrain pharmaceutical expenditures in Greece
by Lambrelli, Dimitra & O'Donnell, Owen
- 172-177 Newspapers' coverage of contaminated intravenous fluids from an Indian manufacturer distributed by Public Central Medical Supplies in Sudan: Lessons to be learned
by Ali, Gamal K. Mohamed & Alfadl, Abubakr A. & Fathelrahman, Ahmed I.
- 178-184 Psychosocial factors associated with the prescription of generic drugs
by Rodríguez-Calvillo, Javier A. & Lana, Alberto & Cueto, Antonio & Markham, Wolfgang A. & López, Maria Luisa
- 185-194 The redistributive effect of the move from age-based to income-based prescription drug coverage in British Columbia, Canada
by Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve & Barer, Morris & Reid, Robert J.
- 195-208 Does cost sharing really reduce inappropriate prescriptions among the elderly?
by Costa Font, Joan & Gemmill Toyama, Marin
2011, Volume 101, Issue 1
- 1-10 The gradient in health inequalities among families and children: A review of evaluation frameworks
by Davies, John Kenneth & Sherriff, Nigel
- 11-19 Multi-sector policy action to create activity-friendly environments for children: A multiple-case study
by Aarts, Marie-Jeanne & Jeurissen, Milou P.J. & van Oers, Hans A.M. & Schuit, Albertine J. & van de Goor, Ien A.M.
- 20-28 A rapid review of key strategies to improve the cognitive and social development of children in Scotland
by Geddes, Rosemary & Frank, John & Haw, Sally
- 29-36 Children of substance abusing parents: A national survey on policy and practice in Swedish schools
by Elgán, Tobias H. & Leifman, Håkan
- 37-43 Capacity building in and for health promoting schools: Results from a qualitative study
by Gugglberger, Lisa & Dür, Wolfgang
- 44-58 Canada: A land of missed opportunity for addressing the social determinants of health
by Bryant, Toba & Raphael, Dennis & Schrecker, Ted & Labonte, Ronald
- 59-69 Development of a framework for effective community engagement in Ontario, Canada
by Jabbar, Amina M. & Abelson, Julia
- 70-78 Health policies for migrant populations in three European countries: England; Italy and Spain
by Vázquez, María-Luisa & Terraza-Núñez, Rebeca & Vargas, Ingrid & Rodríguez, Dolors & Lizana, Tona
- 79-86 'Balancing acts': The politics and processes of smokefree area policymaking in a small state
by Wilson, Helen & Thomson, George
- 87-94 Occupational health and safety policy and psychosocial risks in Europe: The role of stakeholders' perceptions
by Iavicoli, Sergio & Natali, Elena & Deitinger, Patrizia & Maria Rondinone, Bruna & Ertel, Michael & Jain, Aditya & Leka, Stavroula
- 95-103 Gun control and suicide: The impact of state firearm regulations in the United States, 1995-2004
by Rodríguez Andrés, Antonio & Hempstead, Katherine
2011, Volume 100, Issue 2
- 107-115 Power of the process: Evaluating the impact of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control negotiations
by Wipfli, Heather & Huang, Grace
- 116-124 A review of global mechanisms for tracking official development assistance for health in countries affected by armed conflict
by Patel, Preeti & Roberts, Bayard & Conteh, Lesong & Guy, Samantha & Lee-Jones, Louise
- 125-133 Worldwide violence against women legislation: An equity approach
by Ortiz-Barreda, Gaby & Vives-Cases, Carmen & Gil-González, Diana
- 134-143 Active pharmaceutical management strategies of health insurance systems to improve cost-effective use of medicines in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review of current evidence
by Faden, Laura & Vialle-Valentin, Catherine & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Wagner, Anita
- 144-150 Satisfaction of patients: A right to health indicator?
by Mpinga, Emmanuel Kabengele & Chastonay, Philippe
- 151-158 Access to care and medicines, burden of health care expenditures, and risk protection: Results from the World Health Survey
by Wagner, Anita K. & Graves, Amy Johnson & Reiss, Sheila K. & LeCates, Robert & Zhang, Fang & Ross-Degnan, Dennis
- 159-166 Guatemala: The economic burden of illness and health system implications
by Bowser, Diana M. & Mahal, Ajay
- 167-173 Health policy processes in maternal health: A comparison of Vietnam, India and China
by Green, Andrew & Gerein, Nancy & Mirzoev, Tolib & Bird, Philippa & Pearson, Stephen & Anh, Le Vu & Martineau, Tim & Mukhopadhyay, Maitrayee & Qian, Xu & Ramani, K.V. & Soors, Werner
- 174-180 Evolution of primary care in China 1997–2009
by Bhattacharyya, Onil & Delu, Yin & Wong, Sabrina T. & Bowen, Chen
- 181-188 Tracking the effectiveness of health care reform in China: A case study of community health centers in a district of Beijing
by Zhang, Xuanchuan & Chen, Li-Wu & Mueller, Keith & Yu, Qiao & Liu, Jiapeng & Lin, Ge
- 189-195 Nonemergent emergency department visits under the National Health Insurance in Taiwan
by Tsai, Jeffrey Che-Hung & Chen, Wen-Yi & Liang, Yia-Wun
- 196-202 Underuse of ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers among patients with diabetic nephropathy in Taiwan
by Yeh, Hseng-Long & Huang, Li-Ying & Su, Syi & Yang, Ming-Chin & Wang, Ting-Chung
- 203-210 The equality of resource allocation in health care under the National Health Insurance System in Taiwan
by Kreng, Victor B. & Yang, Chi-Tien
- 211-218 Perspective from health professionals on delivery of sub-acute care in Hong Kong: A qualitative study in a health system
by Wong, Eliza L.Y. & Yam, Carrie H.K. & Chan, Frank W.K. & Cheung, Annie W.L. & Wong, Fiona Y.Y. & Griffiths, S. & Yeoh, E.K.
- 219-233 Health care prioritization in ageing societies: Influence of age, education, health literacy and culture
by Mak, Benise & Woo, Jean & Bowling, Ann & Wong, Florens & Chau, Pui Hing
- 234-238 Prevalence and lifetime healthcare cost of cerebral palsy in South Korea
by Park, Moon Seok & Kim, Se Jin & Chung, Chin Youb & Kwon, Dae Gyu & Choi, In Ho & Lee, Kyoung Min
- 239-246 Relationship between catastrophic health expenditures and household incomes and expenditure patterns in South Korea
by Kim, Younhee & Yang, Bongmin
- 247-255 Population strategies and high-risk-individual strategies for road safety in Japan
by Nakahara, Shinji & Ichikawa, Masao & Kimura, Akio
- 256-263 Reform towards National Health Insurance in Malaysia: The equity implications
by Yu, Chai Ping & Whynes, David K. & Sach, Tracey H.
- 264-272 An approach to building the case for nutrition policies to limit trans-fat intake – A Singapore case study
by Tan, Andy S.L.
- 273-281 Expanding health insurance to increase health care utilization: Will it have different effects in rural vs. urban areas?
by Erlyana, Erlyana & Damrongplasit, Kannika Kampanya & Melnick, Glenn
- 282-289 Noncommunicable chronic disease in Bangladesh: Overview of existing programs and priorities going forward
by Bleich, Sara N. & Koehlmoos, Tracey L.P. & Rashid, Mashida & Peters, David H. & Anderson, Gerard
- 290-296 Estimating drowning deaths in Northern Iran using capture–recapture method
by Kiakalayeh, Ali Davoudi & Mohammadi, Reza & Stark Ekman, Diana & Yousefzade-Chabok, Shahrokh & Behboudi, Firoz & Jansson, Bjarne
- 297-304 Vaccination against hepatitis B among prisoners in Iran: Accelerated vs. classic vaccination
by Asli, Ali Asghar Zolghadr & Moghadami, Mohsen & Zamiri, Nima & Tolide-ei, Hamid Reza & Heydari, Seyyed Taghi & Alavian, Seyed Moayed & Lankarani, Kamran B.
- 305-309 Tetanus seroepidemiology and factors influencing immunity status among farmers of advanced age
by Öncü, Serkan & Önde, Mete & Öncü, Selcen & Ergin, Filiz & Öztürk, Barçın
- 310-316 Distance and socioeconomic status as a health service predictor on the periphery in the southern region of Israel
by Lubetzky, Hasia & Friger, Michael & Warshawsky-Livne, Lora & Shvarts, Shifra
2011, Volume 100, Issue 1
- 1-3 Health Policy's future course
by Busse, Reinhard
- 4-17 The cost of drug development: A systematic review
by Morgan, Steve & Grootendorst, Paul & Lexchin, Joel & Cunningham, Colleen & Greyson, Devon
- 18-24 A dynamic perspective on pharmaceutical competition, drug development and cost effectiveness
by Refoios Camejo, Rodrigo & McGrath, Clare & Herings, Ron
- 25-34 Priority setting for orphan drugs: An international comparison
by Rosenberg-Yunger, Zahava R.S. & Daar, Abdallah S. & Thorsteinsdóttir, Halla & Martin, Douglas K.
- 35-42 The introduction of new interventional procedures in the British National Health Service--A qualitative study
by Lourenco, Tania & Grant, Adrian M. & Burr, Jennifer M. & Vale, Luke
- 43-50 Medical technology procurement in Europe: A cross-country comparison of current practice and policy
by Sorenson, Corinna & Kanavos, Panos
- 51-59 Diffusion of medical technology: The role of financing
by Cappellaro, Giulia & Ghislandi, Simone & Anessi-Pessina, Eugenio
- 60-70 Rendering hospital budgets volume based and open ended to reduce waiting lists: Does it work?
by van de Vijsel, Aart R. & Engelfriet, Peter M. & Westert, Gert P.
- 71-80 Fiscal decentralization in the Italian NHS: What happens to interregional redistribution?
by Ferrario, Caterina & Zanardi, Alberto
- 81-90 The role of supplemental coverage in a universal health insurance system: Some Canadian evidence
by Devlin, Rose Anne & Sarma, Sisira & Zhang, Qi
- 91-95 Do established health-related quality-of-life measures adequately capture the impact of chronic conditions on subjective well-being?
by Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Saarni, Samuli I.
- 96-104 Health span or life span: The role of patient-reported outcomes in informing health policy
by Chang, Sungwon & Gholizadeh, Leila & Salamonson, Yenna & DiGiacomo, Michelle & Betihavas, Vasiliki & Davidson, Patricia M.
2011, Volume 99, Issue 3
- 183-192 The role of institutional design and organizational practice for health financing performance and universal coverage
by Mathauer, Inke & Carrin, Guy
- 193-202 Health insurance systems in five Sub-Saharan African countries: Medicine benefits and data for decision making
by Carapinha, João L. & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Desta, Abayneh Tamer & Wagner, Anita K.
- 203-209 Mutual health insurance in Rwanda: Evidence on access to care and financial risk protection
by Saksena, Priyanka & Antunes, Adélio Fernandes & Xu, Ke & Musango, Laurent & Carrin, Guy
- 210-218 Determinants of utilisation of maternal care services after the reduction of user fees: A case study from rural Burkina Faso
by De Allegri, Manuela & Ridde, Valéry & Louis, Valérie R. & Sarker, Malabika & Tiendrebéogo, Justin & Yé, Maurice & Müller, Olaf & Jahn, Albrecht
- 219-225 User fees abolition policy in Niger: Comparing the under five years exemption implementation in two districts
by Ridde, Valéry & Diarra, Aïssa & Moha, Mahaman
- 226-233 "We charge them; otherwise we cannot run the hospital" front line workers, clients and health financing policy implementation gaps in Ghana
by Agyepong, Irene Akua & Nagai, Richard A.
- 234-243 Community and facility-level engagement in planning and budgeting for the government health sector - A district perspective from Kenya
by O'Meara, Wendy Prudhomme & Tsofa, Benjamin & Molyneux, Sassy & Goodman, Catherine & McKenzie, F. Ellis
- 244-249 Priority setting for systematic review of health care interventions in Nigeria
by Meremikwu, Martin & Udoh, Ekong & Nwagbara, Bridget & Effa, Emmanuel & Oringanje, Chioma & Edet, Bassey & Nwagbara, Eucharia & Bello, Segun & Eke, Felix
- 250-254 Asthma in Nigeria: Are the facilities and resources available to support internationally endorsed standards of care?
by Desalu, Olufemi Olumuyiwa & Onyedum, Cajetan Chigozie & Iseh, Kufre Robert & Salawu, Fatai Kunle & Salami, Alakija Kazeem
- 255-260 The Alma-Ata declaration: An appraisal of Nigeria's primary oral health care three decades later
by Osazuwa-Peters, Nosayaba
- 261-266 Equity in the use of antiretroviral treatment in the public health care system in urban South Africa
by Cleary, Susan & Silal, Sheetal & Birch, Stephen & Carrara, Henri & Pillay-van Wyk, Victoria & Rehle, Thomas & Schneider, Helen
- 267-276 Too little, too late: Comparison of nutritional status and quality of life of nutrition care and support recipient and non-recipients among HIV-positive adults in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by Oketch, Jecinter Akinyi & Paterson, Marie & Maunder, Eleni Winfred & Rollins, Nigel Campbell
- 277-284 Voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) for HIV/AIDS: A study of the knowledge, awareness and willingness to pay for VCT among students in tertiary institutions in Enugu State Nigeria
by Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Uguru, Nkolika & Ezeoke, Uche & Onwujekwe, Obinna & Sibeudu, Tochi
2011, Volume 99, Issue 2
- 91-96 Time for a paradigm change? Tracing the institutionalisation of health impact assessment in the Republic of Ireland across health and environmental sectors
by Kearns, Noreen & Pursell, Lisa
- 97-106 Association between ethnicity and prostate cancer outcomes across hospital and surgeon volume groups
by Jayadevappa, Ravishankar & Chhatre, Sumedha & Johnson, Jerry C. & Malkowicz, Stanley Bruce
- 107-115 Informal payments and the quality of health care: Mechanisms revealed by Tanzanian health workers
by Mæstad, Ottar & Mwisongo, Aziza
- 116-123 Diabetes prevalence and income: Results of the Canadian Community Health Survey
by Dinca-Panaitescu, Serban & Dinca-Panaitescu, Mihaela & Bryant, Toba & Daiski, Isolde & Pilkington, Beryl & Raphael, Dennis
- 124-130 Health reform and cesarean sections in the private sector: The experience of Peru
by Arrieta, Alejandro
- 131-138 Advocacy for free maternal and child health care in Nigeria--Results and outcomes
by Okonofua, Friday & Lambo, Eyitayo & Okeibunor, John & Agholor, Kingsley
- 139-148 A nationwide study on generic medicines substitution practices of Australian community pharmacists and patient acceptance
by Chong, Chee Ping & March, Geoff & Clark, Alice & Gilbert, Andrew & Hassali, Mohamed Azmi & Bahari, Mohd Baidi
- 149-157 Flexible employment and nurses' intention to leave the profession: The role of support at work
by Zeytinoglu, Isik U. & Denton, Margaret & Plenderleith, Jennifer Millen
- 158-166 An analysis of hospital capital planning and financing in three European countries: Using the principal-agent approach to identify the potential for economic problems
by Thompson, Ceri R. & McKee, Martin
- 167-173 Enhancing community system in China's recent health reform: An effort to improve equity in essential health care
by Li, Hua & Yu, Wei
- 174-182 Healthcare utilisation among the Belgian elderly in relation to their socio-economic status
by Hoeck, Sarah & François, Guido & Van der Heyden, Johan & Geerts, Joanna & Van Hal, Guido
2011, Volume 99, Issue 1
- 1-9 How ephedrine escaped regulation in the United States: A historical review of misuse and associated policy
by Palamar, Joseph
- 10-16 The opinion of adolescents and adults on Dutch restrictive and educational alcohol policy measures
by van der Sar, Rosalie & Brouwers, Evelien P.M. & van de Goor, Ien A.M. & Garretsen, Henk F.L.
- 17-22 Universal health care in Thailand: Concerns among the health care workforce
by Thoresen, Stian H. & Fielding, Angela
- 23-36 Socio-economic determinants of mortality in Taiwan: Combining individual and aggregate data
by Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto & Tseng, Fu Min
- 37-43 An evaluation of the policy on community health organizations in China: Will the priority of new healthcare reform in China be a success?
by Wang, Hufeng & Gusmano, Michael K. & Cao, Qi
- 44-51 Changing patient consultation patterns in primary care: an investigation of uptake of the Minor Ailments Service in Scotland
by Wagner, Andrew & Noyce, Peter R. & Ashcroft, Darren M.
- 52-59 Are breast cancer navigation programs cost-effective? Evidence from the Chicago Cancer Navigation Project
by Markossian, Talar W. & Calhoun, Elizabeth A.
- 60-65 Patients' attitudes towards generic drug substitution in Japan
by Kobayashi, Eriko & Karigome, Hiroshi & Sakurada, Tomoya & Satoh, Nobunori & Ueda, Shiro
- 66-71 Assessing the causes inducing lengthening of hospital stays by means of the Appropriateness Evaluation Protocol
by Fontaine, Pierre & Jacques, Jessica & Gillain, Daniel & Sermeus, Walter & Kolh, Philippe & Gillet, Pierre
- 72-82 Improving children's healthcare through state health insurance programs: An emerging need
by Chen, Chia-Ching & Yamada, Tetsuji & Smith, John & Chiu, I-Ming
- 83-89 Potential primary health care savings for chronic disease care associated with Australian Aboriginal involvement in land management
by Campbell, David & Burgess, Christopher Paul & Garnett, Stephen Thomas & Wakerman, John