2014, Volume 114, Issue 1
- 64-70 Changes in geographic variation in the uptake of cervical cancer screening in Taiwan: Possible effects of “leadership style factor”?
by Chiou, Shu-Ti & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh
- 71-78 Is variation management included in regional healthcare governance systems? Some proposals from Italy
by Nuti, Sabina & Seghieri, Chiara
- 79-87 From data to decisions? Exploring how healthcare payers respond to the NHS Atlas of Variation in Healthcare in England
by Schang, Laura & Morton, Alec & DaSilva, Philip & Bevan, Gwyn
- 88-96 “Whose data is it anyway?” The implications of putting small area-level health and social data online
by Exeter, Daniel John & Rodgers, Sarah & Sabel, Clive Eric
2013, Volume 113, Issue 3
- 221-227 What (or who) causes health inequalities: Theories, evidence and implications?
by McCartney, Gerry & Collins, Chik & Mackenzie, Mhairi
- 228-235 Reducing social inequities in health in Norway: Concerted action at state and local levels?
by Tallarek née Grimm, Marie J. & Helgesen, Marit K. & Fosse, Elisabeth
- 236-246 Are migrants health policies aimed at improving access to quality healthcare? An analysis of Spanish policies
by Vázquez, María Luisa & Terraza-Núñez, Rebeca & S-Hernández, Silvia & Vargas, Ingrid & Bosch, Lola & González, Andrea & Pequeño, Sandra & Cantos, Raquel & Martínez, Juan Ignacio & López, Luís Andrés
- 247-257 Assessing inequalities in preventive care use in Europe
by Carrieri, Vincenzo & Wuebker, Ansgar
- 258-269 Five types of OECD healthcare systems: Empirical results of a deductive classification
by Böhm, Katharina & Schmid, Achim & Götze, Ralf & Landwehr, Claudia & Rothgang, Heinz
- 270-283 The political economy of the public–private mix in heath expenditure: An empirical review of thirteen OECD countries
by Mou, Haizhen
- 284-295 The formal–informal patient payment mix in European countries. Governance, economics, culture or all of these?
by Tambor, Marzena & Pavlova, Milena & Golinowska, Stanisława & Sowada, Christoph & Groot, Wim
- 296-304 Exploring payment schemes used to promote integrated chronic care in Europe
by Tsiachristas, Apostolos & Dikkers, Carolien & Boland, Melinde R.S. & Rutten-van Mölken, Maureen P.M.H.
- 305-312 Development of archetypes for non-ranking classification and comparison of European National Health Technology Assessment systems
by Allen, Nicola & Pichler, Franz & Wang, Tina & Patel, Sundip & Salek, Sam
- 313-322 Personalised medicine as a challenge for public pricing and reimbursement authorities – A survey among 27 European countries on the example of trastuzumab
by Leopold, C. & Vogler, S. & Habl, C. & Mantel-Teeuwisse, A.K. & Espin, J.
2013, Volume 113, Issue 1
- 1-7 Cuts drive health system reforms in Spain
by Gallo, Pedro & Gené-Badia, Joan
- 8-12 Financial crisis and austerity measures in Greece: Their impact on health promotion policies and public health care
by Ifanti, Amalia A. & Argyriou, Andreas A. & Kalofonou, Foteini H. & Kalofonos, Haralabos P.
- 13-19 Austerity and health in Europe
by Quaglio, GianLuca & Karapiperis, Theodoros & Van Woensel, Lieve & Arnold, Elleke & McDaid, David
- 20-37 Registries of implantable medical devices in Europe
by Niederländer, Charlotte & Wahlster, Philip & Kriza, Christine & Kolominsky-Rabas, Peter
- 38-44 A full-fledged overhaul is needed for a risk and value-based regulation of medical devices in Europe
by Campillo-Artero, Carlos
- 45-49 How changes to Irish healthcare financing are affecting universal health coverage
by Briggs, Adam D.M.
- 50-60 Evidenced Formal Coverage Index and universal healthcare enactment: A prospective longitudinal study of economic, social, and political predictors of 194 countries
by Feigl, Andrea B. & Ding, Eric L.
- 61-68 To what extent does employer-paid health insurance reduce the use of public hospitals?
by Søgaard, Rikke & Pedersen, Morten Saaby & Bech, Mickael
- 69-76 Effect of private health insurance on health care utilization in a universal public insurance system: A case of South Korea
by Jeon, Boyoung & Kwon, Soonman
- 77-85 PFI redux? Assessing a new model for financing hospitals
by Hellowell, Mark
- 86-92 British Columbia's pay-for-performance experiment: Part of the solution to reduce emergency department crowding?
by Cheng, Amy H.Y. & Sutherland, Jason M.
- 93-99 An analysis of the inpatient charge and length of stay for patients with joint diseases in Korea: Specialty versus small general hospitals
by Kim, Sun Jung & Park, Eun-Cheol & Jang, Sung In & Lee, Minjee & Kim, Tae Hyun
- 100-109 Decentralization and centralization of healthcare resources: Investigating the associations of hospital competition and number of cardiologists per hospital with mortality and resource utilization in Japan
by Park, Sungchul & Lee, Jason & Ikai, Hiroshi & Otsubo, Tetsuya & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 110-117 Cancer Patient Pathways shortens waiting times and accelerates the diagnostic process of suspected sarcoma patients in Denmark
by Dyrop, Heidi Buvarp & Safwat, Akmal & Vedsted, Peter & Maretty-Nielsen, Katja & Hansen, Bjarne Hauge & Jørgensen, Peter Holmberg & Baad-Hansen, Thomas & Bünger, Cody & Keller, Johnny
- 118-126 Developing a universal tool for the prioritization of patients waiting for elective surgery
by Solans-Domènech, Maite & Adam, Paula & Tebé, Cristian & Espallargues, Mireia
- 127-133 Tackling hospital waiting times: The impact of past and current policies in the Netherlands
by Schut, Frederik T. & Varkevisser, Marco
- 134-141 To what degree is the governance of Dutch hospitals orientated towards quality in care? Does this really affect performance?
by Botje, Daan & Klazinga, Niek S. & Wagner, Cordula
- 142-150 Effects of regulated competition on key outcomes of care: Cataract surgeries in the Netherlands
by Heijink, Richard & Mosca, Ilaria & Westert, Gert
- 151-159 The public disclosure of accreditation information in Australia: Stakeholder perceptions of opportunities and challenges
by Greenfield, David & Hinchcliff, Reece & Pawsey, Marjorie & Westbrook, Johanna & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 160-169 A theoretical framework for holistic hospital management in the Japanese healthcare context
by Liu, Hu-Chen
- 170-179 Strengthening weak primary care systems: Steps towards stronger primary care in selected Western and Eastern European countries
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Dourgnon, Paul & Greß, Stefan & Jurgutis, Arnoldas & Willems, Sara
- 180-187 A systematic review on the effectiveness of group versus single-handed practice
by Damiani, Gianfranco & Silvestrini, Giulia & Federico, Bruno & Cosentino, Mimma & Marvulli, Mariagrazia & Tirabassi, Federico & Ricciardi, Walter
- 188-198 Group versus single handed primary care: A performance evaluation of the care delivered to chronic patients by Italian GPs
by Visca, Modesta & Donatini, Andrea & Gini, Rosa & Federico, Bruno & Damiani, Gianfranco & Francesconi, Paolo & Grilli, Leonardo & Rampichini, Carla & Lapini, Gabriele & Zocchetti, Carlo & Di Stanislao, Francesco & Brambilla, Antonio & Moirano, Fulvio & Bellentani, Donata
- 199-205 Sex-based differences in income and response to proposed financial incentives among general practitioners in France
by Weeks, William B. & Paraponaris, Alain & Ventelou, Bruno
- 206-215 Resources allocation and health care needs in diabetes care in Danish GP clinics
by Kristensen, Troels & Rose Olsen, Kim & Sortsø, Camilla & Ejersted, Charlotte & Thomsen, Janus Laust & Halling, Anders
- 216-220 Pharmacovigilance knowledge in family paediatricians. A survey study in Italy
by Pellegrino, Paolo & Carnovale, Carla & Cattaneo, Dario & Perrone, Valentina & Antoniazzi, Stefania & Pozzi, Marco & Napoleone, Ettore & Filograna, Maria Rosaria & Clementi, Emilio & Radice, Sonia
2013, Volume 112, Issue 3
- 163-171 Budget-makers and health care systems
by White, Joseph
- 172-178 How experts are chosen to inform public policy: Can the process be improved?
by Rowe, Sylvia & Alexander, Nick & Weaver, Connie M. & Dwyer, Johanna T. & Drew, Christa & Applebaum, Rhona S. & Atkinson, Stephanie & Clydesdale, Fergus M. & Hentges, Eric & Higley, Nancy A. & Westring, M. Elizabeth
- 179-186 Beyond tokenistic participation: Using representational artefacts to enable meaningful public participation in health service design
by Morrison, Cecily & Dearden, Andy
- 187-196 Transparency vs. closed-door policy: Do process characteristics have an impact on the outcomes of coverage decisions? A statistical analysis
by Fischer, Katharina E. & Rogowski, Wolf H. & Leidl, Reiner & Stollenwerk, Björn
- 197-201 Rational care or rationing care? The case of cervical screening across the United Kingdom
by Flynn, Hannah & Lewis, Philippa
- 202-208 Applying rapid ‘de-facto’ HTA in resource-limited settings: Experience from Romania
by Lopert, Ruth & Ruiz, Francis & Chalkidou, Kalipso
- 209-216 Is Europe still heading to a common price level for on-patent medicines? An exploratory study among 15 Western European countries
by Leopold, Christine & Mantel-Teeuwisse, Aukje Katja & Vogler, Sabine & de Joncheere, Kees & Laing, Richard Ogilvie & Leufkens, Hubert G.M.
- 217-226 Price cuts and drug spending in South Korea: The case of antihyperlipidemic agents
by Kwon, Hye-Young & Hong, Ji-Min & Godman, Brian & Yang, Bong-Min
- 227-233 How the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement could undermine PHARMAC and threaten access to affordable medicines and health equity in New Zealand
by Gleeson, Deborah & Lopert, Ruth & Reid, Papaarangi
- 234-240 Evidence based policy decisions through a Bayesian approach: The case of a statin appraisal in the Netherlands
by Woertman, Willem & Vermeulen, Bram & Groenewoud, Hans & van der Wilt, Gert Jan
- 241-247 Multi-tier drugs assessment in a decentralised health care system. The Italian case-study
by Jommi, Claudio & Costa, Enrico & Michelon, Alessandra & Pisacane, Maria & Scroccaro, Giovanna
- 248-254 Canadian policy makers’ views on pharmaceutical reimbursement contracts involving confidential discounts from drug manufacturers
by Morgan, Steven G. & Thomson, Paige A. & Daw, Jamie R. & Friesen, Melissa K.
- 255-263 What do Canadians think about physician–pharmaceutical industry interactions?
by Holbrook, Anne & Lexchin, Joel & Pullenayegum, Eleanor & Campbell, Craig & Marlow, Bernard & Troyan, Sue & Weijer, Charles & Blackmer, Jeff & Brazil, Kevin & Willison, Don
- 264-272 Worlds apart? An exploration of prescribing and medicine-taking decisions by patients, GPs and local policy makers
by Solomon, Josie & Knapp, Peter & Raynor, D.K. & Atkin, Karl
- 273-284 The public health benefit of medicines: How it has been assessed in France? The principles and results of five years’ experience
by Maison, Patrick & Zanetti, Laura & Solesse, Anne & Bouvenot, Gilles & Massol, Jacques
- 285-296 Do reassessments reduce the uncertainty of decision making? Reviewing reimbursement reports and economic evaluations of three expensive drugs over time
by Sandmann, Frank G. & Franken, Margreet G. & Steenhoek, Adri & Koopmanschap, Marc A.
2013, Volume 112, Issue 1
- 4-8 Resolving the challenges in the international comparison of health systems: The must do's and the trade-offs
by Forde, Ian & Morgan, David & Klazinga, Niek S.
- 9-18 International comparisons of health system performance among OECD countries: Opportunities and data privacy protection challenges
by Oderkirk, Jillian & Ronchi, Elettra & Klazinga, Niek
- 19-27 Efficiency, effectiveness, equity (E3). Evaluating hospital performance in three dimensions
by Davis, Peter & Milne, Barry & Parker, Karl & Hider, Phil & Lay-Yee, Roy & Cumming, Jackie & Graham, Patrick
- 28-34 Health system goals: A discrete choice experiment to obtain societal valuations
by Franken, Margreet & Koolman, Xander
- 35-44 Trends in cost sharing among selected high income countries—2000–2010
by Hossein, Zare & Gerard, Anderson
- 45-52 Measuring the affordability of medicines: Importance and challenges
by Niëns, L.M. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 53-61 International comparisons of waiting times in health care – Limitations and prospects
by Viberg, Nina & Forsberg, Birger C. & Borowitz, Michael & Molin, Roger
- 62-69 Public satisfaction as a measure of health system performance: A study of nine countries in the former Soviet Union
by Footman, Katharine & Roberts, Bayard & Mills, Anne & Richardson, Erica & McKee, Martin
- 70-79 International comparisons of the technical efficiency of the hospital sector: Panel data analysis of OECD countries using parametric and non-parametric approaches
by Varabyova, Yauheniya & Schreyögg, Jonas
- 80-87 International hospital productivity comparison: Experiences from the Nordic countries
by Medin, Emma & Häkkinen, Unto & Linna, Miika & Anthun, Kjartan S. & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Rehnberg, Clas
- 88-99 An international comparison of efficiency of inpatient mental health care systems
by Moran, Valerie & Jacobs, Rowena
- 100-109 Health care performance comparison using a disease-based approach: The EuroHOPE project
by Häkkinen, Unto & Iversen, Tor & Peltola, Mikko & Seppälä, Timo T. & Malmivaara, Antti & Belicza, Éva & Fattore, Giovanni & Numerato, Dino & Heijink, Richard & Medin, Emma & Rehnberg, Clas
- 110-121 Methodological challenges in international performance measurement using patient-level administrative data
by Kiivet, Raul & Sund, Reijo & Linna, Miika & Silverman, Barbara & Pisarev, Heti & Friedman, Nurit
- 122-132 The international performance of healthcare systems in population health: Capabilities of pooled cross-sectional time series methods
by Reibling, Nadine
- 133-140 The Belgian Health System Performance Report 2012: Snapshot of results and recommendations to policy makers
by Vrijens, France & Renard, Françoise & Jonckheer, Pascale & Van den Heede, Koen & Desomer, Anja & Van de Voorde, Carine & Walckiers, Denise & Dubois, Cécile & Camberlin, Cécile & Vlayen, Joan & Van Oyen, Herman & Léonard, Christian & Meeus, Pascal
- 141-147 Methods to stimulate national and sub-national benchmarking through international health system performance comparisons: A Canadian approach
by Veillard, Jeremy & Moses McKeag, Alexandra & Tipper, Brenda & Krylova, Olga & Reason, Ben
- 148-155 The International Cancer Benchmarking Partnership: An international collaboration to inform cancer policy in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom
by Butler, John & Foot, Catherine & Bomb, Martine & Hiom, Sara & Coleman, Michel & Bryant, Heather & Vedsted, Peter & Hanson, Jane & Richards, Mike
- 156-162 Assessing quality in cross-country comparisons of health systems and policies: Towards a set of generic quality criteria
by Cacace, Mirella & Ettelt, Stefanie & Mays, Nicholas & Nolte, Ellen
2013, Volume 111, Issue 2
- 105-109 Development of a national position paper for chronic care: Example of Belgium
by Paulus, Dominique & Van den Heede, Koen & Gerkens, Sophie & Desomer, Anja & Mertens, Raf
- 110-115 Diagnostic procedures and treatment of childhood obesity by pediatricians: ‘The Dutch Approach’
by Schwiebbe, Luuk & Talma, Henk & van Mil, Edgar G. & Fetter, Willem P.F. & HiraSing, Remy A. & Renders, Carry M.
- 116-126 The role of anti-smoking legislation on cigarette and alcohol consumption habits in Italy
by Pieroni, Luca & Chiavarini, Manuela & Minelli, Liliana & Salmasi, Luca
- 127-134 Support for a smoke-free bylaw in parks and on beaches
by Okoli, Chizimuzo T.C. & Pederson, Ann & Rice, Wendy
- 135-148 Expanding the role of community pharmacists: Policymaking in the absence of policy-relevant evidence?
by Mossialos, Elias & Naci, Huseyin & Courtin, Emilie
- 149-156 Subnational responsibilities for healthcare and Austria's rejection of the EU's patients’ rights Directive
by Kostera, Thomas
- 157-165 Productivity and patient satisfaction in primary care—Conflicting or compatible goals?
by Glenngård, Anna Häger
- 166-174 Utilization of long-term care services under the public long-term care insurance program in Korea: Implications of a subsidy policy
by Kim, Hongsoo & Kwon, Soonman & Yoon, Nan-He & Hyun, Kyung-Rae
- 175-183 Academic Collaborative Centre Limburg: A platform for knowledge transfer and exchange in public health policy, research and practice?
by Hoeijmakers, Marjan & Harting, Janneke & Jansen, Maria
- 184-192 How effective is an ethical international recruitment policy? Reflections on a decade of experience in England
by Young, Ruth
- 193-199 The association between lifting an administrative restriction on antidepressant dispensing and treatment patterns in Iceland
by Thengilsdottir, G. & Gardarsdottir, H. & Almarsdottir, A.B. & McClure, C.B. & Heerdink, E.R.
- 200-205 Developing a national medicines information strategy in Finland—A stakeholders’ perspective on the strengths, challenges and opportunities in medicines information
by Hämeen-Anttila, Katri & Luhtanen, Suvi & Airaksinen, Marja & Pohjanoksa-Mäntylä, Marika
2013, Volume 111, Issue 1
- 1-13 Exploring the role of ICT in the provision of integrated care—Evidence from eight countries
by Lluch, Maria & Abadie, Fabienne
- 14-23 Healthcare payment reforms across western countries on three continents: Lessons from stakeholder preferences when asked to rate the supportiveness for fulfilling patients’ needs
by Van Herck, Pieter & Kessels, Roselinde & Annemans, Lieven & Bellou, Abdelouahab & Wens, Johan & Sermeus, Walter
- 24-33 Copayments, gatekeeping, and the utilization of outpatient public and private care at age 50 and above in Europe
by Bíró, Anikó
- 34-42 Public healthcare expenditure in Spain: Measuring the impact of driving factors
by Blanco-Moreno, Ángela & Urbanos-Garrido, Rosa M. & Thuissard-Vasallo, Israel John
- 43-51 An empirical analysis of public and private medical practice in Australia
by Cheng, Terence C. & Joyce, Catherine M. & Scott, Anthony
- 52-59 Implementing market-based reforms in the English NHS: Bureaucratic coping strategies and social embeddedness
by Jones, Lorelei & Exworthy, Mark & Frosini, Francesca
- 60-67 Factors associated with prolonged length of hospital stay of elderly patients in acute care hospitals in Japan: A multilevel analysis of patients with femoral neck fracture
by Motohashi, Takako & Hamada, Hironori & Lee, Jason & Sekimoto, Miho & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 68-77 Do follow-on therapeutic substitutes induce price competition between hospital medicines? Evidence from the Danish hospital sector
by Hostenkamp, Gisela
- 78-85 Prospective political analysis for policy design: Enhancing the political viability of single-payer health reform in Vermont
by Blanchet, Nathan J. & Fox, Ashley M.
- 86-94 Governance of natural health products regulation: An iterative process
by Walji, Rishma & Wiktorowicz, Mary
- 95-98 Is patient choice democratizing Swedish primary care?
by Fredriksson, Mio
- 99-104 Disability weights in the Global Burden of Disease 2010: Unclear meaning and overstatement of international agreement
by Nord, Erik
2013, Volume 110, Issue 2
- 105-114 Defining informal payments in healthcare: A systematic review
by Cherecheş, Răzvan M. & Ungureanu, Marius I. & Sandu, Petru & Rus, Ioana A.
- 115-130 Effects of pay for performance in health care: A systematic review of systematic reviews
by Eijkenaar, Frank & Emmert, Martin & Scheppach, Manfred & Schöffski, Oliver
- 131-140 Trends and income related differences in out-of-pocket costs for prescription and over-the-counter medicines in Finland from 1985 to 2006
by Aaltonen, Katri & Niemelä, Mikko & Norris, Pauline & Bell, J. Simon & Hartikainen, Sirpa
- 141-146 Growth in private payments for health care by Canadian households
by Law, Michael R. & Daw, Jamie R. & Cheng, Lucy & Morgan, Steven G.
- 147-155 How does complementary private prescription drug insurance coverage affect seniors’ use of publicly funded medications?
by Allin, Sara & Law, Michael R. & Laporte, Audrey
- 156-163 Sources of financial pressure and up coding behavior in French public hospitals
by Georgescu, Irène & Hartmann, Frank G.H.
- 164-171 What can we learn from the U.S. expanded end-stage renal disease bundle?
by Chambers, James D. & Weiner, Daniel E. & Bliss, Sarah K. & Neumann, Peter J.
- 172-179 Analysis of the costs of dialysis and the effects of an incentive mechanism for low-cost dialysis modalities
by Cleemput, Irina & De Laet, Chris
- 180-185 Disinvestment in the age of cost-cutting sound and fury. Tools for the Spanish National Health System
by García-Armesto, Sandra & Campillo-Artero, Carlos & Bernal-Delgado, Enrique
- 186-197 Voluntary agreements between government and business—A scoping review of the literature with specific reference to the Public Health Responsibility Deal
by Bryden, Anna & Petticrew, Mark & Mays, Nicholas & Eastmure, Elizabeth & Knai, Cecile
- 198-206 World Health Assembly Agendas and trends of international health issues for the last 43 years: Analysis of World Health Assembly Agendas between 1970 and 2012
by Kitamura, Tomomi & Obara, Hiromi & Takashima, Yoshihiro & Takahashi, Kenzo & Inaoka, Kimiko & Nagai, Mari & Endo, Hiroyoshi & Jimba, Masamine & Sugiura, Yasuo
- 207-213 The efficacy of different models of smoke-free laws in reducing exposure to second-hand smoke: A multi-country comparison
by Ward, Mark & Currie, Laura M. & Kabir, Zubair & Clancy, Luke
- 214-219 The policy of public health genomics in Italy
by Simone, Benedetto & Mazzucco, Walter & Gualano, Maria Rosaria & Agodi, Antonella & Coviello, Domenico & Dagna Bricarelli, Francesca & Dallapiccola, Bruno & Di Maria, Emilio & Federici, Antonio & Genuardi, Maurizio & Varesco, Liliana & Ricciardi, Walter & Boccia, Stefania
- 220-228 Reported barriers to evaluation in chronic care: Experiences in six European countries
by Knai, Cécile & Nolte, Ellen & Brunn, Matthias & Elissen, Arianne & Conklin, Annalijn & Pedersen, Janice Pedersen & Brereton, Laura & Erler, Antje & Frølich, Anne & Flamm, Maria & Fullerton, Birgitte & Jacobsen, Ramune & Krohn, Robert & Saz-Parkinson, Zuleika & Vrijhoef, Bert & Chevreul, Karine & Durand-Zaleski, Isabelle & Farsi, Fadila & Sarría-Santamera, Antonio & Soennichsen, Andreas
- 229-242 The effectiveness of transplant legislation, procedures and management: Cross-country evidence
by Bilgel, Fırat
- 243-270 Does the private sector receive an excessive return from investments in health care infrastructure projects? Evidence from the UK
by Vecchi, Veronica & Hellowell, Mark & Gatti, Stefano
- 271-279 The association between the availability of ambulatory care and non-emergency treatment in emergency medicine departments: A comprehensive and nationwide validation
by Chan, Chien-Lung & Lin, Wender & Yang, Nan-Ping & Huang, Hsin-Tsung
- 280-290 The effect of lifestyle choices on emergency department use in Australia
by Johar, Meliyanni & Jones, Glenn & Savage, Elizabeth
- 291-297 Twitter and the health reforms in the English National Health Service
by King, Dominic & Ramirez-Cano, Daniel & Greaves, Felix & Vlaev, Ivo & Beales, Steve & Darzi, Ara
2013, Volume 110, Issue 1
- 1-5 Moving forward: Lessons for Cyprus as it implements its health insurance scheme
by Cylus, Jonathan & Papanicolas, Irene & Constantinou, Elisavet & Theodorou, Mamas
- 6-13 Bringing a European perspective to the health human resources debate: A scoping study
by Kuhlmann, Ellen & Batenburg, Ronald & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Larsen, Christa
- 14-21 Hospital physicians’ assessments of their interaction with GPs: The role of physician and community characteristics
by Martinussen, Pål E.
- 22-28 Can organizational justice help the retention of general practitioners?
by Heponiemi, Tarja & Manderbacka, Kristiina & Vänskä, Jukka & Elovainio, Marko
- 29-38 The national and international implications of a decade of doctor migration in the Irish context
by Bidwell, Posy & Humphries, Niamh & Dicker, Patrick & Thomas, Steve & Normand, Charles & Brugha, Ruairí
- 39-48 Retaining physicians in Lithuania: Integrating research and health policy
by Starkiene, Liudvika & Macijauskiene, Jurate & Riklikiene, Olga & Stricka, Marius & Padaiga, Zilvinas
- 49-59 Drug reimbursement recommendations by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence: Have they impacted the National Health Service budget?
by Mauskopf, Josephine & Chirila, Costel & Birt, Julie & Boye, Kristina S. & Bowman, Lee
- 60-66 Does access to medicines differ by gender? Evidence from 15 low and middle income countries
by Stephens, Peter & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Wagner, Anita K
- 67-75 Here today, gone tomorrow: The issue attention cycle and national print media coverage of prescription drug financing in Canada
by Daw, Jamie R. & Morgan, Steven G. & Thomson, Paige A. & Law, Michael R.
- 76-83 Non-prescription medicines for pain and fever—A comparison of recommendations and counseling from staff in pharmacy and general sales stores
by Bardage, Carola & Westerlund, Tommy & Barzi, Sahra & Bernsten, Cecilia
- 84-93 Explaining governmental involvement in home care across Europe: An international comparative study
by Genet, Nadine & Kroneman, Madelon & Boerma, Wienke G.W.
- 94-100 Long-term care-service use and increases in care-need level among home-based elderly people in a Japanese urban area
by Koike, Soichi & Furui, Yuji
2013, Volume 109, Issue 3
- 209-225 Statutory health insurance competition in Europe: A four-country comparison
by Thomson, Sarah & Busse, Reinhard & Crivelli, Luca & van de Ven, Wynand & Van de Voorde, Carine
- 226-245 Preconditions for efficiency and affordability in competitive healthcare markets: Are they fulfilled in Belgium, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands and Switzerland?
by van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Beck, Konstantin & Buchner, Florian & Schokkaert, Erik & Schut, F.T. (Erik) & Shmueli, Amir & Wasem, Juergen
- 246-252 The German Central Health Fund—Recent developments in health care financing in Germany
by Göpffarth, Dirk & Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 253-262 The new risk adjustment formula in Germany: Implementation and first experiences
by Buchner, Florian & Goepffarth, Dirk & Wasem, Juergen
- 263-269 Structural changes in the German pharmaceutical market: Price setting mechanisms based on the early benefit evaluation
by Henschke, Cornelia & Sundmacher, Leonie & Busse, Reinhard
- 270-280 Regulatory space and the contextual mediation of common functional pressures: Analyzing the factors that led to the German Efficiency Frontier approach
by Klingler, Corinna & Shah, Sara M.B. & Barron, Anthony J.G. & Wright, John S.F.
- 281-289 Trends and levels of avoidable mortality among districts: “Healthy” benchmarking in Germany
by Sundmacher, Leonie
- 290-300 Improving patient-level costing in the English and the German ‘DRG’ system
by Vogl, Matthias
- 301-310 Consolidation and concentration in the German hospital market: The two sides of the coin
by Schmid, Andreas & Ulrich, Volker
- 311-318 Inpatient Palliative Care: A nationwide analysis
by Gaertner, Jan & Drabik, Anna & Marschall, Ursula & Schlesiger, Grit & Voltz, Raymond & Stock, Stephanie
- 321-331 South African health financing reform 2000–2010: Understanding the agenda-setting process
by Pillay, Timesh D. & Skordis-Worrall, Jolene
2013, Volume 109, Issue 2
- 105-112 Swiss and Dutch “consumer-driven health care”: Ideal model or reality?
by Okma, Kieke G.H. & Crivelli, Luca
- 113-121 Managed competition in the Netherlands—A qualitative study
by Heinemann, Stephanie & Leiber, Simone & Greß, Stefan
- 122-130 Primary care in Baltic countries: A comparison of progress and present systems
by Põlluste, Kaja & Kasiulevičius, Vytautas & Veide, Sarmite & Kringos, Dionne Sofia & Boerma, Wienke & Lember, Margus
- 131-136 Use of national clinical databases for informing and for evaluating health care policies
by Black, Nick & Tan, Stefanie
- 137-142 Performance in rate of decline of adult mortality in the OECD, 1970–2010
by Verguet, Stéphane & Jamison, Dean T.
- 143-149 High cost patients for cardiac surgery and hospital quality in Turkey
by Baser, Onur & Burkan, Abdulkadir & Baser, Erdem & Koselerli, Rasim & Ertugay, Emre & Altinbas, Akif
- 150-157 Hospital network performance: A survey of hospital stakeholders’ perspectives
by Bravi, F. & Gibertoni, D. & Marcon, A. & Sicotte, C. & Minvielle, E. & Rucci, P. & Angelastro, A. & Carradori, T. & Fantini, M.P.
- 158-165 Continuity of ambulatory care and health outcomes in adult patients with type 2 diabetes in Korea
by Hong, Jae-Seok & Kang, Hee-Chung
- 166-174 The impact of increasing polypharmacy on prescribed drug expenditure—A register-based study in Sweden 2005–2009
by Hovstadius, Bo & Petersson, Göran
- 175-186 Linking research to practice: The organisation and implementation of The Netherlands health and social care improvement programmes
by Øvretveit, John & Klazinga, Niek
- 187-191 A critical second look at integrated knowledge translation
by Kothari, Anita & Wathen, C. Nadine
- 192-199 Thank you for not smoking: Evidence from the Italian smoking ban
by Buonanno, Paolo & Ranzani, Marco
- 200-206 Compliance with the workplace-smoking ban in the Netherlands
by Verdonk-Kleinjan, Wendy M.I. & Rijswijk, Pieter C.P. & de Vries, Hein & Knibbe, Ronald A.
2013, Volume 109, Issue 1
- 1-6 Reforms in the Greek pharmaceutical market during the financial crisis
by Vandoros, Sotiris & Stargardt, Tom
- 7-13 Public procurement of health technologies in Greece in an era of economic crisis
by Kastanioti, Catherine & Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Stasinopoulos, Dionysis & Kapetaneas, Nikolaos & Polyzos, Nikolaos
- 14-22 Reforming reimbursement of public hospitals in Greece during the economic crisis: Implementation of a DRG system
by Polyzos, Nikolaos & Karanikas, Haralampos & Thireos, Eleftherios & Kastanioti, Catherine & Kontodimopoulos, Nick
- 23-30 Informal payments for maternity health services in public hospitals in Greece
by Kaitelidou, Daphne Ch. & Tsirona, Christina S. & Galanis, Petros A. & Siskou, Olga Ch. & Mladovsky, Philipa & Kouli, Eugenia G. & Prezerakos, Panagiotis E. & Theodorou, Mamas & Sourtzi, Panagiota A. & Liaropoulos, Lykourgos L.
- 31-37 A thematic review and a policy-analysis agenda of Electronic Health Records in the Greek National Health System
by Emmanouilidou, Maria & Burke, Maria
- 38-45 Recommending organized screening programs for adults in Greece: A Delphi consensus study
by Skroumpelos, Anastasios & Zavras, Dimitris & Pavi, Elpida & Kyriopoulos, John
- 46-51 Reforming the Greek health system: A role for non-medical, clinical bioscientists
by Kazanis, Ilias
- 52-62 Choosing pandemic parameters for pandemic preparedness planning: A comparison of pandemic scenarios prior to and following the influenza A(H1N1) 2009 pandemic
by van der Weijden, Charlie P. & Stein, Mart L. & Jacobi, André J. & Kretzschmar, Mirjam E.E. & Reintjes, Ralf & van Steenbergen, Jim E. & Timen, Aura
- 63-70 The Swedish A(H1N1) vaccination campaign—Why did not all Swedes take the vaccination?
by Björkman, Ingeborg & Sanner, Margareta A.
- 71-77 Economic evaluation of the vaccination program against seasonal and pandemic A/H1N1 influenza among customs officers in Greece
by Mamma, Maria & Spandidos, Demetrios A.
- 78-87 Publication selection in health policy research: The winner's curse hypothesis
by Costa-Font, Joan & McGuire, Alistair & Stanley, Tom
- 88-96 The impact of dental treatment on employment outcomes: A systematic review
by Singhal, Sonica & Correa, Rejane & Quiñonez, Carlos
- 97-103 Ethics for end-of-life treatments: Metastatic colorectal cancer is one example
by Garattini, Livio & van de Vooren, Katelijne & Zaniboni, Alberto
2012, Volume 108, Issue 2
- 105-114 Benefits of a single payment system: Case study of Abu Dhabi health system reforms
by Vetter, Philipp & Boecker, Klaus
- 115-121 Health system reform in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
by Koornneef, Erik J. & Robben, Paul B.M. & Al Seiari, Mohammed B. & Al Siksek, Zaid
- 122-132 Mobility of health professionals pre and post 2004 and 2007 EU enlargements: Evidence from the EU project PROMeTHEUS
by Ognyanova, Diana & Maier, Claudia B. & Wismar, Matthias & Girasek, Edmond & Busse, Reinhard
- 133-139 International medical graduates mandated to practise in rural Australia are highly unsatisfied: Results from a national survey of doctors
by McGrail, Matthew R. & Humphreys, John S. & Joyce, Catherine M. & Scott, Anthony
- 140-148 Intrinsic and extrinsic motivations in primary care: An explanatory study among French general practitioners
by Sicsic, Jonathan & Le Vaillant, Marc & Franc, Carine
- 149-157 Stress, depression, and intention to leave among nurses in different medical units: Implications for healthcare management/nursing practice
by Chiang, Yu-Mei & Chang, Yuhsuan
- 158-166 Explaining health care professionals’ resistance to implement Diagnosis Related Groups: (No) benefits for society, patients and professionals
by Tummers, L.G. & Van de Walle, Steven
- 167-177 Commonalities and differences in HTA outcomes: A comparative analysis of five countries and implications for coverage decisions
by Nicod, Elena & Kanavos, Panos
- 178-193 The politics of health technology assessment in Poland
by Ozieranski, Piotr & McKee, Martin & King, Lawrence
- 194-202 Diffusion and use of health technology assessment in policy making: What lessons for decentralised healthcare systems?
by Ciani, Oriana & Tarricone, Rosanna & Torbica, Aleksandra
- 203-206 Regional HTA in Italy: Promising or confusing?
by Garattini, Livio & van de Vooren, Katelijne & Curto, Alessandro
- 207-215 Utilization and costs of glucose lowering therapies following health technology assessment for the new reimbursement scheme in Sweden
by Pettersson, Billie & Hoffmann, Mikael & Andersson, David & Wändell, Per & Levin, Lars-Åke
- 216-227 Statin utilization according to indication and age: A Danish cohort study on changing prescribing and purchasing behaviour
by Wallach Kildemoes, Helle & Vass, Mikkel & Hendriksen, Carsten & Andersen, Morten
- 228-235 Determinants of generic entry in the regulated Taiwanese prescription drug market
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Cheng, Jur-Shan
- 236-245 Pathways towards chronic care-focused healthcare systems: Evidence from Spain
by García-Goñi, Manuel & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Nuño-Solinís, Roberto & Paolucci, Francesco
- 246-255 Utilization of health care services by elderly people with National Health Insurance in Taiwan: The heterogeneous health profile approach
by Liu, Li-Fan & Tian, Wei-Hua & Yao, Hui-Ping
- 256-267 The relationship between depressive symptoms and health service utilization for elderly people in Taiwan
by Tian, Wei-Hua & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Li-Fan & Tien, Joseph J.
- 268-276 An examination of variations in the uptake of prostate cancer screening within and between the countries of the EU-27
by Burns, Richeal & Walsh, Brendan & O’Neill, Stephen & O’Neill, Ciaran
- 277-285 Healthcare organizations’ attitudes toward pay-for-performance in Korea
by Lee, Jin Yong & Lee, Sang-Il & Kim, Nam-Soon & Kim, Seon-Ha & Son, Woo-Seung & Jo, Min-Woo
- 286-293 Utilisation of eye-care services: The effect of Scotland's free eye examination policy
by Dickey, Heather & Ikenwilo, Divine & Norwood, Patricia & Watson, Verity & Zangelidis, Alexandros
- 294-301 Organizational culture and the implementation of person centered care: Results from a change process in Swedish hospital care
by Alharbi, Tariq Saleem J. & Ekman, Inger & Olsson, Lars-Eric & Dudas, Kerstin & Carlström, Eric
- 302-310 The value of a statistical life in Sweden: A review of the empirical literature
by Hultkrantz, Lars & Svensson, Mikael
2012, Volume 108, Issue 1
- 1-9 Evaluating and improving orphan drug regulations in Europe: A Delphi policy study
by Picavet, Eline & Cassiman, David & Simoens, Steven
- 10-18 Challenges to orphan drugs access in Eastern Europe: The case of Bulgaria
by Iskrov, Georgi & Miteva-Katrandzhieva, Tsonka & Stefanov, Rumen
- 19-26 Delphi approach to select rare diseases for a European representative survey. The BURQOL-RD study
by Linertová, Renata & Serrano-Aguilar, Pedro & Posada-de-la-Paz, Manuel & Hens-Pérez, Manuel & Kanavos, Panos & Taruscio, Domenica & Schieppati, Arrigo & Stefanov, Rumen & Péntek, Márta & Delgado, Claudia & Graf von der Schulenburg, Johann-Matthias & Persson, Ulf & Chevreul, Karine & Fattore, Giovanni & Worbes-Cerezo, Melany & Sefton, Mark & López-Bastida, Julio
- 27-36 Analysing arrangements for cross-border mobility of patients in the European Union: A proposal for a framework
by Legido-Quigley, Helena & Glinos, Irene A. & Baeten, Rita & McKee, Martin & Busse, Reinhard
- 37-44 Transnational health care: From a global terminology towards transnational health region development
by Mainil, Tomas & Van Loon, Francis & Dinnie, Keith & Botterill, David & Platenkamp, Vincent & Meulemans, Herman
- 45-48 Improving the productivity of elective surgery through a new ‘package of care’
by Ashton, Toni & Bramley, Dale & Armstrong, Delwyn
- 49-59 Painting by numbers: A guide for systematically developing indicators of performance at any level of health care
by Perera, Roshan & Dowell, Anthony & Crampton, Peter
- 60-66 Performance measurement in response to the Tallinn Charter: Experiences from the decentralized Italian framework
by Carinci, Fabrizio & Caracci, Gianni & Di Stanislao, Francesco & Moirano, Fulvio
- 67-75 The ICF: International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) – A Swiss army knife? Accessibility and disability in a Scandinavian disability magazine (SDM) – A quantitative content analysis
by Lundälv, Jörgen & Larsson, Per-Olof & Törnbom, Marie & Sunnerhagen, Katharina Stibrant
- 76-85 Private health insurance in South Korea: An international comparison
by Shin, Jaeun
- 86-92 Impact of teaching intensity and academic status on medical resource utilization by teaching hospitals in Japan
by Sato, Daisuke & Fushimi, Kiyohide
- 93-99 Impact of smoke-free hospital grounds policies: Patient experiences and perceptions
by Shopik, Nicole A. & Schultz, Annette S.H. & Nykiforuk, Candace I.J. & Finegan, Barry A. & Kvern, Margaret A.