2014, Volume 118, Issue 1
- 114-126 More apples fewer chips? The effect of school fruit schemes on the consumption of junk food
by Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Labartino, Giovanna
- 127-134 Considering economic analyses in the revision of the preventive vaccination law: A new direction for health policy-making in Japan?
by Akazawa, Manabu & Yongue, Julia & Ikeda, Shunya & Satoh, Toshihiko
- 135-144 Female preventive practices: Breast and smear tests
by Gil Lacruz, Ana Isabel & Gil Lacruz, Marta & Gorgemans, Sophie
2014, Volume 117, Issue 3
- 275-278 Indicators of health system coverage and activity in Ireland during the economic crisis 2008–2014 – From ‘more with less’ to ‘less with less’
by Burke, Sara & Thomas, Steve & Barry, Sarah & Keegan, Conor
- 279-284 Health policy making under information constraints: An evaluation of the policy responses to the economic crisis in Greece
by Goranitis, Ilias & Siskou, Olga & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos
- 285-296 Interventions promoting the acceptance and uptake of generic medicines: A narrative review of the literature
by Babar, Z.U.D. & Kan, S.W. & Scahill, S.
- 297-310 Perspectives of physicians practicing in low and middle income countries towards generic medicines: A narrative review
by Hassali, Mohamed Azmi & Wong, Zhi Yen & Alrasheedy, Alian A. & Saleem, Fahad & Mohamad Yahaya, Abdul Haniff & Aljadhey, Hisham
- 311-327 Does deregulation in community pharmacy impact accessibility of medicines, quality of pharmacy services and costs? Evidence from nine European countries
by Vogler, Sabine & Habimana, Katharina & Arts, Danielle
- 328-333 Regulatory framework of pharmaceutical compounding and actual developments of legislation in Europe
by Minghetti, Paola & Pantano, Doriana & Gennari, Chiara Grazia Milena & Casiraghi, Antonella
- 334-344 Evaluation of a possible predictor for Federal Joint Committee decisions on early benefit assessments according to the German act on the reform of the market for medicinal products
by Schwander, Björn & Banz, Kurt & Kaier, Klaus & Walzer, Stefan
- 345-352 Managed entry agreements for pharmaceuticals in Australia
by Vitry, Agnes & Roughead, Elizabeth
- 353-360 Druggists and pharmacists as gatekeepers: Sales routines and compliance with sales protocols for over-the-counter naproxen 275 mg medicines in the Netherlands
by van Hoof, Joris J. & Cents, Michel H.G. & Megens, Nicole M.J. & van der Tang, Sijbrand J.
- 361-373 The effect of pharmaceutical innovation on longevity, hospitalization and medical expenditure in Turkey, 1999–2010
by Lichtenberg, Frank R. & Tatar, Mehtap & Çalışkan, Zafer
- 374-381 Medication supply, healthcare outcomes and healthcare expenses: Longitudinal analyses of patients with type 2 diabetes and hypertension
by Chen, Chi-Chen & Blank, Robert H. & Cheng, Shou-Hsia
- 382-391 The international spread of Academic Health Science Centres: A scoping review and the case of policy transfer to England
by French, Catherine E. & Ferlie, Ewan & Fulop, Naomi J.
- 392-398 The Ontario Drug Policy Research Network: Bridging the gap between Research and Drug Policy
by Khan, Sobia & Moore, Julia E. & Gomes, Tara & Camacho, Ximena & Tran, Judy & McAuley, Glenn & Juurlink, David N. & Paterson, Michael & Laupacis, Andreas & Mamdani, Muhammad M.
- 399-408 Partners in projects: Preparing for public involvement in health and social care research
by Parkes, Jacqueline H. & Pyer, Michelle & Wray, Paula & Taylor, Jane
- 409-420 How should we regulate risk in biomedical research? An ethical analysis of recent policy proposals and initiatives
by Rid, Annette
2014, Volume 117, Issue 2
- 135-145 The new regulation to investigate potentially beneficial diagnostic and therapeutic methods in Germany: Up to international standard?
by Olberg, Britta & Perleth, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard
- 146-150 Implementation of DRG Payment in France: Issues and recent developments
by Or., Zeynep
- 151-169 Reframing professional boundaries in healthcare: A systematic review of facilitators and barriers to task reallocation from the domain of medicine to the nursing domain
by Niezen, Maartje G.H. & Mathijssen, Jolanda J.P.
- 170-178 The acceptability of care delegation in skill-mix: The salience of trust
by Dyer, Thomas Anthony & Owens, Janine & Robinson, Peter Glenn
- 179-186 Task shifting policy in Ontario, Canada: Does it help personal support workers’ intention to stay?
by Zeytinoglu, Isik U. & Denton, Margaret & Brookman, Catherine & Plenderleith, Jennifer
- 187-194 Is working in culturally diverse working environment associated with physicians’ work-related well-being? A cross-sectional survey study among Finnish physicians
by Aalto, Anna-Mari & Heponiemi, Tarja & Väänänen, Ari & Bergbom, Barbara & Sinervo, Timo & Elovainio, Marko
- 195-202 Perceived need and barriers to continuing professional development among doctors
by Ikenwilo, Divine & Skåtun, Diane
- 203-209 Perceptions of Greek medical students regarding medical profession and the specialty selection process during the economic crisis years
by Labiris, Georgios & Vamvakerou, Vasileia & Tsolakaki, Olympia & Giarmoukakis, Athanassios & Sideroudi, Haris & Kozobolis, Vassilios
- 210-215 Physicians’ brain drain in Greece: A perspective on the reasons why and how to address it
by Ifanti, Amalia A. & Argyriou, Andreas A. & Kalofonou, Foteini H. & Kalofonos, Haralabos P.
- 216-227 Managing customization in health care: A framework derived from the services sector literature
by Minvielle, Etienne & Waelli, Mathias & Sicotte, Claude & Kimberly, John R.
- 228-238 Budget goal commitment, clinical managers’ use of budget information and performance
by Macinati, Manuela S. & Rizzo, Marco G.
- 239-246 Defining hospital's internal boundaries. An organisational complexity criterion
by Mariani, Laura & Cavenago, Dario
- 247-256 Needs, expectations and public knowledge concerning services outside the medical basket: A lesson from Israel
by Sperling, Daniel
- 257-265 Choosing your health insurance package: A method for measuring the public's preferences for changes in the national health insurance plan
by Victoor, Aafke & Hansen, Johan & van den Akker-van Marle, M. Elske & van den Berg, Bernard & van den Hout, Wilbert B. & de Jong, Judith D.
- 266-274 Changing priority setting practice: The role of implementation in practice change
by Cornelissen, Evelyn & Mitton, Craig & Davidson, Alan & Reid, R. Colin & Hole, Rachelle & Visockas, Anne-Marie & Smith, Neale
2014, Volume 117, Issue 1
- 1-5 Special funding schemes for innovative medical devices in French hospitals: The pros and cons of two different approaches
by Martelli, Nicolas & van den Brink, Hélène
- 6-14 European hospital reforms in times of crisis: Aligning cost containment needs with plans for structural redesign?
by Clemens, Timo & Michelsen, Kai & Commers, Matt & Garel, Pascal & Dowdeswell, Barrie & Brand, Helmut
- 15-27 Quality, cost, and their trade-off in treating AMI and stroke patients in European hospitals
by Häkkinen, Unto & Rosenqvist, Gunnar & Peltola, Mikko & Kapiainen, Satu & Rättö, Hanna & Cots, Francesc & Geissler, Alexander & Or, Zeynep & Serdén, Lisbeth & Sund, Reijo
- 28-38 Does centralisation of acute obstetric care reduce intrapartum and first-week mortality? An empirical study of over 1 million births in the Netherlands
by Poeran, Jashvant & Borsboom, Gerard J.J.M. & de Graaf, Johanna P. & Birnie, Erwin & Steegers, Eric A.P. & Mackenbach, Johan P. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 39-47 Do cesarean deliveries on maternal request lead to greater maternal care utilization during six-month, one-year, and two-year postpartum periods? Evidence from NHI claims data in Taiwan
by Liu, Tsai-Ching & Loh, Chung-Ping Albert & Lin, Chung-Liang & Chen, Chin-Shyan
- 48-53 Relationship between peri-operative outcomes and hospital surgical volume of total hip arthroplasty in Japan
by Kaneko, Takeshi & Hirakawa, Kazuo & Fushimi, Kiyohide
- 54-63 Waiting time prioritisation for specialist services in Italy: The homogeneous waiting time groups approach
by Mariotti, Giuliano & Siciliani, Luigi & Rebba, Vincenzo & Fellini, Rita & Gentilini, Maria & Benea, Giorgio & Bertoli, Pierpaolo & Bistolfi, Lorenzo & Brugaletta, Salvatore & Camboa, Pierluigi & Casucci, Paola & Dessi, Dino & Faronato, Pierpaolo & Galante, Mariangela & Gioffredi, Alessio & Guarino, Teresa Maria & Pofi, Enrico & Liva, Carlo
- 64-71 Introducing out-of-pocket payment for General Practice in Denmark: Feasibility and support
by Poulsen, Camilla Aavang
- 72-82 Willingness and ability to pay for physician services in six Central and Eastern European countries
by Danyliv, Andriy & Groot, Wim & Gryga, Irena & Pavlova, Milena
- 83-89 Health care cost in Switzerland: Quantity- or price-driven?
by Schleiniger, Reto
- 90-97 Traveling for care: Inter-regional mobility for aortic valve substitution in Italy
by Fattore, Giovanni & Petrarca, Giuseppina & Torbica, Aleksandra
- 98-111 Management accounting use and financial performance in public health-care organisations: Evidence from the Italian National Health Service
by Macinati, Manuela S. & Anessi-Pessina, E.
- 112-119 Implementing the legal provisions for HIA in Slovakia: An exploration of practitioner perspectives
by O’Mullane, Monica
- 120-127 Parental and retail supply of tobacco to minors: Findings from a community-based social supply intervention study
by Gautam, Jeny & Glover, Marewa & Scragg, Robert & Bullen, Chris & Gentles, Dudley & Nosa, Vili & McCool, Judith
- 128-134 Workplace exposure to engineered nanomaterials: The Italian path for the definition of occupational health and safety policies
by Mirabile, Marco & Boccuni, Fabio & Gagliardi, Diana & Rondinone, Bruna Maria & Iavicoli, Sergio
2014, Volume 116, Issue 2
- 137-146 Systematic review of factors affecting pharmaceutical expenditures
by Mousnad, Mohamed Awad & Shafie, Asrul Akmal & Ibrahim, Mohamed Izham
- 147-153 Early benefit assessment of new drugs in Germany – Results from 2011 to 2012
by Hörn, Helmut & Nink, Katrin & McGauran, Natalie & Wieseler, Beate
- 154-161 The characteristics and fulfillment of conditional prescription drug approvals in Canada
by Law, Michael R.
- 162-169 Access to innovation: Is there a difference in the use of expensive anticancer drugs between French hospitals?
by Bonastre, Julia & Chevalier, Julie & Van der Laan, Chantal & Delibes, Michel & De Pouvourville, Gerard
- 170-181 Launch prices for new pharmaceuticals in the heavily regulated and subsidized Spanish market, 1995–2007
by Puig-Junoy, Jaume & López-Valcárcel, Beatriz González
- 182-187 Regional tenders on biosimilars in Italy: An empirical analysis of awarded prices
by Curto, Sandro & Ghislandi, Simone & van de Vooren, Katelijne & Duranti, Silvy & Garattini, Livio
- 188-195 Predictability of pharmaceutical spending in primary health services using Clinical Risk Groups
by Vivas-Consuelo, David & Usó-Talamantes, Ruth & Trillo-Mata, José Luis & Caballer-Tarazona, Maria & Barrachina-Martínez, Isabel & Buigues-Pastor, Laia
- 196-205 Impacts of drug reimbursement reductions on utilization and expenditures of oral antidiabetic medications in Taiwan: An interrupted time series study
by Hsu, Jason C. & Lu, Christine Y. & Wagner, Anita K. & Chan, K. Arnold & Lai, Mei-Shu & Ross-Degnan, Dennis
- 206-213 Recognition of pharmaceutical prescriptions across the European Union: A comparison of five Member States’ policies and practices
by Miguel, Lorena San & Augustin, Uta & Busse, Reinhard & Knai, Cécile & Rubert, Gloria & Sihvo, Sinikka & Baeten, Rita
- 214-223 Physician and pharmacist perceptions of generic medicines: What they think and how they differ
by Dunne, Suzanne & Shannon, Bill & Hannigan, Ailish & Dunne, Colum & Cullen, Walter
- 224-233 Brand loyalty, patients and limited generic medicines uptake
by Costa-Font, Joan & Rudisill, Caroline & Tan, Stefanie
- 238-263 An international survey of assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs) policies and the effects of these policies on costs, utilization, and health outcomes
by Dunn, Andrea L. & Stafinski, Tania & Menon, Devidas
- 264-272 Characteristics of physicians and patients who join team-based primary care practices: Evidence from Quebec's Family Medicine Groups
by Coyle, Natalie & Strumpf, Erin & Fiset-Laniel, Julie & Tousignant, Pierre & Roy, Yves
- 273-280 Does feedback influence patient - professional communication? Empirical evidence from Italy
by Murante, Anna Maria & Vainieri, Milena & Rojas, Diana & Nuti, Sabina
- 281-288 Concerns for severity in priority setting in health care: A review of trade-off data in preference studies and implications for societal willingness to pay for a QALY
by Nord, Erik & Johansen, Rune
2014, Volume 115, Issue 2
- 111-119 Effects of the economic crisis on health and healthcare in Greece in the literature from 2009 to 2013: A systematic review
by Simou, Effie & Koutsogeorgou, Eleni
- 120-127 Mental health care delivery system reform in Belgium: The challenge of achieving deinstitutionalisation whilst addressing fragmentation of care at the same time
by Nicaise, Pablo & Dubois, Vincent & Lorant, Vincent
- 128-137 Evaluation of health care delivery integration: The case of the Russian Federation
by Sheiman, Igor & Shevski, Vladimir
- 138-140 Public–private partnerships with large corporations: Setting the ground rules for better health
by Galea, Gauden & McKee, Martin
- 141-151 Hospital financing: Calculating inpatient capital costs in Germany with a comparative view on operating costs and the English costing scheme
by Vogl, Matthias
- 152-156 The effect of performance-volume limit on the DRG based acute care hospital financing in Hungary
by Endrei, Dóra & Zemplényi, Antal & Molics, Bálint & Ágoston, István & Boncz, Imre
- 157-164 Systematically evaluating the impact of diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) on health care delivery: A matrix of ethical implications
by Fourie, Carina & Biller-Andorno, Nikola & Wild, Verina
- 165-171 Initial impact of Medicare's nonpayment policy on catheter-associated urinary tract infections by hospital characteristics
by Schuller, Kristin & Probst, Janice & Hardin, James & Bennett, Kevin & Martin, Amy
- 172-179 Cross-country comparisons of health-care costs: The case of cancer treatment in the Nordic countries
by Kalseth, Jorid & Halvorsen, Thomas & Kalseth, Birgitte & Sarheim Anthun, Kjartan & Peltola, Mikko & Kautiainen, Kirsi & Häkkinen, Unto & Medin, Emma & Lundgren, Jonatan & Rehnberg, Clas & Másdóttir, Birna Björg & Heimisdottir, Maria & Bjarnadóttir, Helga Hrefna & Køtlum, Jóanis Erik & Kilsmark, Janni & Halsteinli, Vidar
- 180-188 Length of hospital stay in Japan 1971–2008: Hospital ownership and cost-containment policies
by Kato, Naoko & Kondo, Masahide & Okubo, Ichiro & Hasegawa, Toshihiko
- 189-195 Private and public patients in public hospitals in Australia
by Shmueli, Amir & Savage, Elizabeth
- 196-205 A framework to analyze hospital-wide patient flow logistics: Evidence from an Italian comparative study
by Villa, Stefano & Prenestini, Anna & Giusepi, Isabella
- 206-214 Impact of the Iranian hospital grading system on hospitals’ adherence to audited standards: An examination of possible mechanisms
by Aryankhesal, Aidin & Sheldon, Trevor A. & Mannion, Russell
- 215-229 The effects of reimbursement mechanisms on medical technology diffusion in the hospital sector in the Italian NHS
by Finocchiaro Castro, Massimo & Guccio, Calogero & Pignataro, Giacomo & Rizzo, Ilde
- 230-236 Two-part payments for the reimbursement of investments in health technologies
by Levaggi, Rosella & Moretto, Michele & Pertile, Paolo
- 237-248 Implications of global budget payment system on nursing home costs
by Di Giorgio, Laura & Filippini, Massimo & Masiero, Giuliano
- 249-257 Risk selection and cost shifting in a prospective physician payment system: Evidence from Ontario
by Kantarevic, Jasmin & Kralj, Boris
2014, Volume 115, Issue 1
- 1-8 The political economy of austerity and healthcare: Cross-national analysis of expenditure changes in 27 European nations 1995–2011
by Reeves, Aaron & McKee, Martin & Basu, Sanjay & Stuckler, David
- 9-17 Between credit claiming and blame avoidance: The changing politics of priority-setting for Korea's National Health Insurance System
by Kang, Minah & Reich, Michael R.
- 18-35 Physician numbers as a driver of provincial government health spending in Canadian health policy
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 44-51 Catastrophic healthcare expenditure – Drivers and protection: The Portuguese case
by Kronenberg, Christoph & Barros, Pedro Pita
- 52-59 Diagnoses-based cost groups in the Dutch risk-equalization model: The effects of including outpatient diagnoses
by van Kleef, R.C. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A. & van Rooijen, E.M.
- 60-67 Australian health policy and end of life care for people with chronic disease: An analysis
by Burgess, Teresa & Braunack-Mayer, Annette & Crawford, Gregory B. & Beilby, Justin
- 68-74 Policy analysis: Palliative care in Ireland
by May, Peter & Hynes, Geralyn & McCallion, Philip & Payne, Sheila & Larkin, Philip & McCarron, Mary
- 75-81 Obligatory consultation of an independent physician on euthanasia requests in the Netherlands: What influences the SCEN physicians judgment of the legal requirements of due care?
by Brinkman-Stoppelenburg, Arianne & Vergouwe, Yvonne & van der Heide, Agnes & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D.
- 82-91 Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of different immunization strategies against whooping cough to reduce child morbidity and mortality
by Rivero-Santana, Amado & Cuéllar-Pompa, Leticia & Sánchez-Gómez, Luis M. & Perestelo-Pérez, Lilisbeth & Serrano-Aguilar, Pedro
- 92-99 Disease management index of potential years of life lost as a tool for setting priorities in national disease control using OECD health data
by Jang, Sung-In & Nam, Jung-Mo & Choi, Jongwon & Park, Eun-Cheol
- 100-103 Participation rate or informed choice? Rethinking the European key performance indicators for mammography screening
by Strech, Daniel
- 104-109 Attitudes of detainees and prison staff towards tobacco control policy in Switzerland: A qualitative interview study
by Ritter, Catherine & Elger, Bernice S.
2014, Volume 114, Issue 2
- 97-108 Health professionals moving to… and from Portugal
by Ribeiro, Joana Sousa & Conceição, Claudia & Pereira, Joel & Leone, Cláudia & Mendonça, Pedro & Temido, Marta & Vieira, Carlota Pacheco & Dussault, Gilles
- 109-117 How do doctors choose where they want to work? – Motives for choice of current workplace among physicians registered in Finland 1977–2006
by Heikkilä, Teppo Juhani & Hyppölä, Harri & Aine, Tiina & Halila, Hannu & Vänskä, Jukka & Kujala, Santero & Virjo, Irma & Mattila, Kari
- 118-127 Hospital restructuring and physician job satisfaction: An empirical study
by Mascia, Daniele & Morandi, Federica & Cicchetti, Americo
- 128-138 Revalidation: Patients or process? Analysis using visual data
by Guillemin, Marilys & Archer, Julian & Nunn, Suzanne & de Bere, Samantha Regan
- 139-146 Curb your premium: The impact of monitoring malpractice claims
by Amaral-Garcia, Sofia & Grembi, Veronica
- 147-155 Measuring the job stickiness of community nurses in Ontario (2004–2010): Implications for policy and practice
by Alameddine, Mohamad & Baumann, Andrea & Laporte, Audrey & Mourad, Yara & Onate, Kanecy & Deber, Raisa
- 156-162 Culture as a predictor of resistance to change: A study of competing values in a psychiatric nursing context
by Johansson, Catrin & Åström, Sture & Kauffeldt, Anders & Helldin, Lars & Carlström, Eric
- 163-173 The Public Health Responsibility Deal: Brokering a deal for public health, but on whose terms?
by Panjwani, Clare & Caraher, Martin
- 174-182 ‘Are we there yet?’ – Operationalizing the concept of Integrated Public Health Policies
by Hendriks, Anna-Marie & Habraken, Jolanda & Jansen, Maria W.J. & Gubbels, Jessica S. & De Vries, Nanne K. & van Oers, Hans & Michie, Susan & Atkins, L. & Kremers, Stef P.J.
- 183-191 Measuring stages of health in all policies on a local level: The applicability of a maturity model
by Storm, Ilse & Harting, Janneke & Stronks, Karien & Schuit, Albertine J.
- 192-199 Health promotion for unemployed jobseekers: New developments in Germany
by Brussig, Martin & Dragano, Nico & Mümken, Sarah
- 200-206 The relative effect of health literacy and patient activation on provider choice in the Netherlands
by Rademakers, Jany & Nijman, Jessica & Brabers, Anne E.M. & de Jong, Judith D. & Hendriks, Michelle
- 207-214 Gender differences in cigarette consumption in Turkey: Evidence from the Global Adult Tobacco Survey
by Kilic, Dilek & Ozturk, Selcen
- 215-225 Sexual and reproductive health of migrants: Does the EU care?
by Keygnaert, Ines & Guieu, Aurore & Ooms, Gorik & Vettenburg, Nicole & Temmerman, Marleen & Roelens, Kristien
- 226-235 Priority setting in health care as portrayed in South Korean and Israeli newspapers
by Factor, Roni & Kang, Minah
- 236-245 “No-fault” compensation for victims of medical injuries. Ten years of implementing the French model
by Barbot, Janine & Parizot, Isabelle & Winance, Myriam
- 246-253 Health management and patients who lack capacity: Forms of guardianship in European health policy
by Bonsignore, Alessandro & Smith, Anna & De Stefano, Francesco & Molinelli, Andrea
- 254-262 Health care for people with dementia in 2030 – Results of a multidisciplinary scenario process
by Vollmar, Horst Christian & Goluchowicz, Kerstin & Beckert, Bernd & Dönitz, Ewa & Bartholomeyczik, Sabine & Ostermann, Thomas & Boustani, Malaz & Buscher, Ines
- 263-268 Recommendations for the organization of mental health services for children and adolescents in Belgium: Use of the soft systems methodology
by Vandenbroeck, Philippe & Dechenne, Rachel & Becher, Kim & Eyssen, Marijke & Van den Heede, Koen
- 269-277 Universal coverage challenges require health system approaches; the case of India
by Duran, Antonio & Kutzin, Joseph & Menabde, Nata
2014, Volume 114, Issue 1
- 5-14 A systematic review of medical practice variation in OECD countries
by Corallo, Ashley N. & Croxford, Ruth & Goodman, David C. & Bryan, Elisabeth L. & Srivastava, Divya & Stukel, Therese A.
- 15-30 Atlas of Variations in Medical Practice in Spain: The Spanish National Health Service under scrutiny
by Bernal-Delgado, Enrique & García-Armesto, Sandra & Peiró, Salvador
- 31-40 Disparities in access to health care in three French regions
by Gusmano, Michael K. & Weisz, Daniel & Rodwin, Victor G. & Lang, Jonas & Qian, Meng & Bocquier, Aurelie & Moysan, Veronique & Verger, Pierre
- 41-53 Analyzing regional variation in health care utilization using (rich) household microdata
by Eibich, Peter & Ziebarth, Nicolas R.
- 54-63 Understanding the gap between need and utilization in outpatient care—The effect of supply-side determinants on regional inequities
by Ozegowski, Susanne & Sundmacher, Leonie
- 64-70 Changes in geographic variation in the uptake of cervical cancer screening in Taiwan: Possible effects of “leadership style factor”?
by Chiou, Shu-Ti & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh
- 71-78 Is variation management included in regional healthcare governance systems? Some proposals from Italy
by Nuti, Sabina & Seghieri, Chiara
- 79-87 From data to decisions? Exploring how healthcare payers respond to the NHS Atlas of Variation in Healthcare in England
by Schang, Laura & Morton, Alec & DaSilva, Philip & Bevan, Gwyn
- 88-96 “Whose data is it anyway?” The implications of putting small area-level health and social data online
by Exeter, Daniel John & Rodgers, Sarah & Sabel, Clive Eric
2013, Volume 113, Issue 3
- 221-227 What (or who) causes health inequalities: Theories, evidence and implications?
by McCartney, Gerry & Collins, Chik & Mackenzie, Mhairi
- 228-235 Reducing social inequities in health in Norway: Concerted action at state and local levels?
by Tallarek née Grimm, Marie J. & Helgesen, Marit K. & Fosse, Elisabeth
- 236-246 Are migrants health policies aimed at improving access to quality healthcare? An analysis of Spanish policies
by Vázquez, María Luisa & Terraza-Núñez, Rebeca & S-Hernández, Silvia & Vargas, Ingrid & Bosch, Lola & González, Andrea & Pequeño, Sandra & Cantos, Raquel & Martínez, Juan Ignacio & López, Luís Andrés
- 247-257 Assessing inequalities in preventive care use in Europe
by Carrieri, Vincenzo & Wuebker, Ansgar
- 258-269 Five types of OECD healthcare systems: Empirical results of a deductive classification
by Böhm, Katharina & Schmid, Achim & Götze, Ralf & Landwehr, Claudia & Rothgang, Heinz
- 270-283 The political economy of the public–private mix in heath expenditure: An empirical review of thirteen OECD countries
by Mou, Haizhen
- 284-295 The formal–informal patient payment mix in European countries. Governance, economics, culture or all of these?
by Tambor, Marzena & Pavlova, Milena & Golinowska, Stanisława & Sowada, Christoph & Groot, Wim
- 296-304 Exploring payment schemes used to promote integrated chronic care in Europe
by Tsiachristas, Apostolos & Dikkers, Carolien & Boland, Melinde R.S. & Rutten-van Mölken, Maureen P.M.H.
- 305-312 Development of archetypes for non-ranking classification and comparison of European National Health Technology Assessment systems
by Allen, Nicola & Pichler, Franz & Wang, Tina & Patel, Sundip & Salek, Sam
- 313-322 Personalised medicine as a challenge for public pricing and reimbursement authorities – A survey among 27 European countries on the example of trastuzumab
by Leopold, C. & Vogler, S. & Habl, C. & Mantel-Teeuwisse, A.K. & Espin, J.
2013, Volume 113, Issue 1
- 1-7 Cuts drive health system reforms in Spain
by Gallo, Pedro & Gené-Badia, Joan
- 8-12 Financial crisis and austerity measures in Greece: Their impact on health promotion policies and public health care
by Ifanti, Amalia A. & Argyriou, Andreas A. & Kalofonou, Foteini H. & Kalofonos, Haralabos P.
- 13-19 Austerity and health in Europe
by Quaglio, GianLuca & Karapiperis, Theodoros & Van Woensel, Lieve & Arnold, Elleke & McDaid, David
- 20-37 Registries of implantable medical devices in Europe
by Niederländer, Charlotte & Wahlster, Philip & Kriza, Christine & Kolominsky-Rabas, Peter
- 38-44 A full-fledged overhaul is needed for a risk and value-based regulation of medical devices in Europe
by Campillo-Artero, Carlos
- 45-49 How changes to Irish healthcare financing are affecting universal health coverage
by Briggs, Adam D.M.
- 50-60 Evidenced Formal Coverage Index and universal healthcare enactment: A prospective longitudinal study of economic, social, and political predictors of 194 countries
by Feigl, Andrea B. & Ding, Eric L.
- 61-68 To what extent does employer-paid health insurance reduce the use of public hospitals?
by Søgaard, Rikke & Pedersen, Morten Saaby & Bech, Mickael
- 69-76 Effect of private health insurance on health care utilization in a universal public insurance system: A case of South Korea
by Jeon, Boyoung & Kwon, Soonman
- 77-85 PFI redux? Assessing a new model for financing hospitals
by Hellowell, Mark
- 86-92 British Columbia's pay-for-performance experiment: Part of the solution to reduce emergency department crowding?
by Cheng, Amy H.Y. & Sutherland, Jason M.
- 93-99 An analysis of the inpatient charge and length of stay for patients with joint diseases in Korea: Specialty versus small general hospitals
by Kim, Sun Jung & Park, Eun-Cheol & Jang, Sung In & Lee, Minjee & Kim, Tae Hyun
- 100-109 Decentralization and centralization of healthcare resources: Investigating the associations of hospital competition and number of cardiologists per hospital with mortality and resource utilization in Japan
by Park, Sungchul & Lee, Jason & Ikai, Hiroshi & Otsubo, Tetsuya & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 110-117 Cancer Patient Pathways shortens waiting times and accelerates the diagnostic process of suspected sarcoma patients in Denmark
by Dyrop, Heidi Buvarp & Safwat, Akmal & Vedsted, Peter & Maretty-Nielsen, Katja & Hansen, Bjarne Hauge & Jørgensen, Peter Holmberg & Baad-Hansen, Thomas & Bünger, Cody & Keller, Johnny
- 118-126 Developing a universal tool for the prioritization of patients waiting for elective surgery
by Solans-Domènech, Maite & Adam, Paula & Tebé, Cristian & Espallargues, Mireia
- 127-133 Tackling hospital waiting times: The impact of past and current policies in the Netherlands
by Schut, Frederik T. & Varkevisser, Marco
- 134-141 To what degree is the governance of Dutch hospitals orientated towards quality in care? Does this really affect performance?
by Botje, Daan & Klazinga, Niek S. & Wagner, Cordula
- 142-150 Effects of regulated competition on key outcomes of care: Cataract surgeries in the Netherlands
by Heijink, Richard & Mosca, Ilaria & Westert, Gert
- 151-159 The public disclosure of accreditation information in Australia: Stakeholder perceptions of opportunities and challenges
by Greenfield, David & Hinchcliff, Reece & Pawsey, Marjorie & Westbrook, Johanna & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 160-169 A theoretical framework for holistic hospital management in the Japanese healthcare context
by Liu, Hu-Chen
- 170-179 Strengthening weak primary care systems: Steps towards stronger primary care in selected Western and Eastern European countries
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Dourgnon, Paul & Greß, Stefan & Jurgutis, Arnoldas & Willems, Sara
- 180-187 A systematic review on the effectiveness of group versus single-handed practice
by Damiani, Gianfranco & Silvestrini, Giulia & Federico, Bruno & Cosentino, Mimma & Marvulli, Mariagrazia & Tirabassi, Federico & Ricciardi, Walter
- 188-198 Group versus single handed primary care: A performance evaluation of the care delivered to chronic patients by Italian GPs
by Visca, Modesta & Donatini, Andrea & Gini, Rosa & Federico, Bruno & Damiani, Gianfranco & Francesconi, Paolo & Grilli, Leonardo & Rampichini, Carla & Lapini, Gabriele & Zocchetti, Carlo & Di Stanislao, Francesco & Brambilla, Antonio & Moirano, Fulvio & Bellentani, Donata
- 199-205 Sex-based differences in income and response to proposed financial incentives among general practitioners in France
by Weeks, William B. & Paraponaris, Alain & Ventelou, Bruno
- 206-215 Resources allocation and health care needs in diabetes care in Danish GP clinics
by Kristensen, Troels & Rose Olsen, Kim & Sortsø, Camilla & Ejersted, Charlotte & Thomsen, Janus Laust & Halling, Anders
- 216-220 Pharmacovigilance knowledge in family paediatricians. A survey study in Italy
by Pellegrino, Paolo & Carnovale, Carla & Cattaneo, Dario & Perrone, Valentina & Antoniazzi, Stefania & Pozzi, Marco & Napoleone, Ettore & Filograna, Maria Rosaria & Clementi, Emilio & Radice, Sonia
2013, Volume 112, Issue 3
- 163-171 Budget-makers and health care systems
by White, Joseph
- 172-178 How experts are chosen to inform public policy: Can the process be improved?
by Rowe, Sylvia & Alexander, Nick & Weaver, Connie M. & Dwyer, Johanna T. & Drew, Christa & Applebaum, Rhona S. & Atkinson, Stephanie & Clydesdale, Fergus M. & Hentges, Eric & Higley, Nancy A. & Westring, M. Elizabeth
- 179-186 Beyond tokenistic participation: Using representational artefacts to enable meaningful public participation in health service design
by Morrison, Cecily & Dearden, Andy
- 187-196 Transparency vs. closed-door policy: Do process characteristics have an impact on the outcomes of coverage decisions? A statistical analysis
by Fischer, Katharina E. & Rogowski, Wolf H. & Leidl, Reiner & Stollenwerk, Björn
- 197-201 Rational care or rationing care? The case of cervical screening across the United Kingdom
by Flynn, Hannah & Lewis, Philippa
- 202-208 Applying rapid ‘de-facto’ HTA in resource-limited settings: Experience from Romania
by Lopert, Ruth & Ruiz, Francis & Chalkidou, Kalipso
- 209-216 Is Europe still heading to a common price level for on-patent medicines? An exploratory study among 15 Western European countries
by Leopold, Christine & Mantel-Teeuwisse, Aukje Katja & Vogler, Sabine & de Joncheere, Kees & Laing, Richard Ogilvie & Leufkens, Hubert G.M.
- 217-226 Price cuts and drug spending in South Korea: The case of antihyperlipidemic agents
by Kwon, Hye-Young & Hong, Ji-Min & Godman, Brian & Yang, Bong-Min
- 227-233 How the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement could undermine PHARMAC and threaten access to affordable medicines and health equity in New Zealand
by Gleeson, Deborah & Lopert, Ruth & Reid, Papaarangi
- 234-240 Evidence based policy decisions through a Bayesian approach: The case of a statin appraisal in the Netherlands
by Woertman, Willem & Vermeulen, Bram & Groenewoud, Hans & van der Wilt, Gert Jan
- 241-247 Multi-tier drugs assessment in a decentralised health care system. The Italian case-study
by Jommi, Claudio & Costa, Enrico & Michelon, Alessandra & Pisacane, Maria & Scroccaro, Giovanna
- 248-254 Canadian policy makers’ views on pharmaceutical reimbursement contracts involving confidential discounts from drug manufacturers
by Morgan, Steven G. & Thomson, Paige A. & Daw, Jamie R. & Friesen, Melissa K.
- 255-263 What do Canadians think about physician–pharmaceutical industry interactions?
by Holbrook, Anne & Lexchin, Joel & Pullenayegum, Eleanor & Campbell, Craig & Marlow, Bernard & Troyan, Sue & Weijer, Charles & Blackmer, Jeff & Brazil, Kevin & Willison, Don
- 264-272 Worlds apart? An exploration of prescribing and medicine-taking decisions by patients, GPs and local policy makers
by Solomon, Josie & Knapp, Peter & Raynor, D.K. & Atkin, Karl
- 273-284 The public health benefit of medicines: How it has been assessed in France? The principles and results of five years’ experience
by Maison, Patrick & Zanetti, Laura & Solesse, Anne & Bouvenot, Gilles & Massol, Jacques
- 285-296 Do reassessments reduce the uncertainty of decision making? Reviewing reimbursement reports and economic evaluations of three expensive drugs over time
by Sandmann, Frank G. & Franken, Margreet G. & Steenhoek, Adri & Koopmanschap, Marc A.
2013, Volume 112, Issue 1
- 4-8 Resolving the challenges in the international comparison of health systems: The must do's and the trade-offs
by Forde, Ian & Morgan, David & Klazinga, Niek S.
- 9-18 International comparisons of health system performance among OECD countries: Opportunities and data privacy protection challenges
by Oderkirk, Jillian & Ronchi, Elettra & Klazinga, Niek
- 19-27 Efficiency, effectiveness, equity (E3). Evaluating hospital performance in three dimensions
by Davis, Peter & Milne, Barry & Parker, Karl & Hider, Phil & Lay-Yee, Roy & Cumming, Jackie & Graham, Patrick
- 28-34 Health system goals: A discrete choice experiment to obtain societal valuations
by Franken, Margreet & Koolman, Xander
- 35-44 Trends in cost sharing among selected high income countries—2000–2010
by Hossein, Zare & Gerard, Anderson
- 45-52 Measuring the affordability of medicines: Importance and challenges
by Niëns, L.M. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 53-61 International comparisons of waiting times in health care – Limitations and prospects
by Viberg, Nina & Forsberg, Birger C. & Borowitz, Michael & Molin, Roger
- 62-69 Public satisfaction as a measure of health system performance: A study of nine countries in the former Soviet Union
by Footman, Katharine & Roberts, Bayard & Mills, Anne & Richardson, Erica & McKee, Martin
- 70-79 International comparisons of the technical efficiency of the hospital sector: Panel data analysis of OECD countries using parametric and non-parametric approaches
by Varabyova, Yauheniya & Schreyögg, Jonas
- 80-87 International hospital productivity comparison: Experiences from the Nordic countries
by Medin, Emma & Häkkinen, Unto & Linna, Miika & Anthun, Kjartan S. & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Rehnberg, Clas
- 88-99 An international comparison of efficiency of inpatient mental health care systems
by Moran, Valerie & Jacobs, Rowena
- 100-109 Health care performance comparison using a disease-based approach: The EuroHOPE project
by Häkkinen, Unto & Iversen, Tor & Peltola, Mikko & Seppälä, Timo T. & Malmivaara, Antti & Belicza, Éva & Fattore, Giovanni & Numerato, Dino & Heijink, Richard & Medin, Emma & Rehnberg, Clas
- 110-121 Methodological challenges in international performance measurement using patient-level administrative data
by Kiivet, Raul & Sund, Reijo & Linna, Miika & Silverman, Barbara & Pisarev, Heti & Friedman, Nurit
- 122-132 The international performance of healthcare systems in population health: Capabilities of pooled cross-sectional time series methods
by Reibling, Nadine
- 133-140 The Belgian Health System Performance Report 2012: Snapshot of results and recommendations to policy makers
by Vrijens, France & Renard, Françoise & Jonckheer, Pascale & Van den Heede, Koen & Desomer, Anja & Van de Voorde, Carine & Walckiers, Denise & Dubois, Cécile & Camberlin, Cécile & Vlayen, Joan & Van Oyen, Herman & Léonard, Christian & Meeus, Pascal
- 141-147 Methods to stimulate national and sub-national benchmarking through international health system performance comparisons: A Canadian approach
by Veillard, Jeremy & Moses McKeag, Alexandra & Tipper, Brenda & Krylova, Olga & Reason, Ben
- 148-155 The International Cancer Benchmarking Partnership: An international collaboration to inform cancer policy in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom
by Butler, John & Foot, Catherine & Bomb, Martine & Hiom, Sara & Coleman, Michel & Bryant, Heather & Vedsted, Peter & Hanson, Jane & Richards, Mike
- 156-162 Assessing quality in cross-country comparisons of health systems and policies: Towards a set of generic quality criteria
by Cacace, Mirella & Ettelt, Stefanie & Mays, Nicholas & Nolte, Ellen
2013, Volume 111, Issue 2
- 105-109 Development of a national position paper for chronic care: Example of Belgium
by Paulus, Dominique & Van den Heede, Koen & Gerkens, Sophie & Desomer, Anja & Mertens, Raf
- 110-115 Diagnostic procedures and treatment of childhood obesity by pediatricians: ‘The Dutch Approach’
by Schwiebbe, Luuk & Talma, Henk & van Mil, Edgar G. & Fetter, Willem P.F. & HiraSing, Remy A. & Renders, Carry M.
- 116-126 The role of anti-smoking legislation on cigarette and alcohol consumption habits in Italy
by Pieroni, Luca & Chiavarini, Manuela & Minelli, Liliana & Salmasi, Luca
- 127-134 Support for a smoke-free bylaw in parks and on beaches
by Okoli, Chizimuzo T.C. & Pederson, Ann & Rice, Wendy
- 135-148 Expanding the role of community pharmacists: Policymaking in the absence of policy-relevant evidence?
by Mossialos, Elias & Naci, Huseyin & Courtin, Emilie
- 149-156 Subnational responsibilities for healthcare and Austria's rejection of the EU's patients’ rights Directive
by Kostera, Thomas
- 157-165 Productivity and patient satisfaction in primary care—Conflicting or compatible goals?
by Glenngård, Anna Häger
- 166-174 Utilization of long-term care services under the public long-term care insurance program in Korea: Implications of a subsidy policy
by Kim, Hongsoo & Kwon, Soonman & Yoon, Nan-He & Hyun, Kyung-Rae
- 175-183 Academic Collaborative Centre Limburg: A platform for knowledge transfer and exchange in public health policy, research and practice?
by Hoeijmakers, Marjan & Harting, Janneke & Jansen, Maria