Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
2018, Volume 197, Issue C
- 1-8 Participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and maternal depressive symptoms: Moderation by program perception
by Bergmans, Rachel S. & Berger, Lawrence M. & Palta, Mari & Robert, Stephanie A. & Ehrenthal, Deborah B. & Malecki, Kristen
- 9-16 The impact of free healthcare on women's capability: A qualitative study in rural Burkina Faso
by Samb, Oumar Mallé & Ridde, Valery
- 17-23 How do peers influence BMI? Evidence from randomly assigned classrooms in South Korea
by Lim, Jaegeum & Meer, Jonathan
- 24-32 Therapeutic landscapes and longevity: Wellness tourism in Bama
by Huang, Liyuan & Xu, Honggang
- 33-38 Swing voting in the 2016 presidential election in counties where midlife mortality has been rising in white non-Hispanic Americans
by Bilal, Usama & Knapp, Emily A. & Cooper, Richard S.
- 39-48 Hunter-gatherer health and development policy: How the promotion of sedentism worsens the Agta's health outcomes
by Page, Abigail E. & Minter, Tessa & Viguier, Sylvain & Migliano, Andrea Bamberg
- 49-58 Supportive environments for physical activity in deprived communities in the United Kingdom: A qualitative study using photo elicitation
by Sawyer, Alexia & Ucci, Marcella & Jones, Russell & Smith, Lee & Fisher, Abi
- 59-62 Updating Edwin Chadwick's seminal work on geographical inequalities by occupation
by Green, Mark A. & Dorling, Danny & Mitchell, Richard
- 63-70 The consequence of “doing nothing”: Family caregiving for Alzheimer's disease as non-action in the US
by Seaman, Aaron T.
- 71-77 “That wasn't really a place to worry about diabetes”: Housing access and diabetes self-management among low-income adults
by Keene, Danya E. & Guo, Monica & Murillo, Sascha
- 78-86 Experiences of connectivity and severance in the wake of a new motorway: Implications for health and well-being
by Nimegeer, Amy & Thomson, Hilary & Foley, Louise & Hilton, Shona & Crawford, Fiona & Ogilvie, David
- 87-94 The symbolic affordances of a video-mediated gaze in emergency psychiatry
by Trondsen, Marianne V. & Tjora, Aksel & Broom, Alex & Scambler, Graham
- 95-103 Nourishing networks: A social-ecological analysis of a network intervention for improving household nutrition in Western Kenya
by DeLorme, Autumn L. & Gavenus, Erika R. & Salmen, Charles R. & Benard, Gor Ouma & Mattah, Brian & Bukusi, Elizabeth & Fiorella, Kathryn J.
- 104-115 The effect of partners' education on women's reproductive and maternal health in developing countries
by Adjiwanou, Vissého & Bougma, Moussa & LeGrand, Thomas
- 116-126 Marital status integration and suicide: A meta-analysis and meta-regression
by Kyung-Sook, Woo & SangSoo, Shin & Sangjin, Shin & Young-Jeon, Shin
- 127-135 High social trust associated with increased depressive symptoms in a longitudinal South African sample
by Adjaye-Gbewonyo, Kafui & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Avendano, Mauricio
- 136-143 Timing of poverty in childhood and adolescent health: Evidence from the US and UK
by Green, Michael J. & Stritzel, Haley & Smith, Chelsea & Popham, Frank & Crosnoe, Robert
- 144-152 Safety in stigmatizing? Instrumental stigma beliefs and protective sexual behavior in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Cort, David A. & Tu, Hsin Fei
- 153-160 Adolescent mental health and behavioural problems, and intergenerational social mobility: A decomposition of health selection effects
by Anderson, Lewis Robert
- 161-167 “I'm a normal autistic person, not an abnormal neurotypical”: Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis as biographical illumination
by Tan, Catherine D.
- 168-182 Self-rated health and endogenous selection into primary care
by Bilgel, Fırat & Karahasan, Burhan Can
- 183-191 Contextualizing public stigma: Endorsed mental health treatment stigma on college and university campuses
by Gaddis, S. Michael & Ramirez, Daniel & Hernandez, Erik L.
- 192-202 Household water insecurity after a historic flood: Diarrhea and dehydration in the Bolivian Amazon
by Rosinger, Asher Y.
- 203-212 The next Sub Saharan African epidemic? A case study of the determinants of cervical cancer knowledge and screening in Kenya
by Kangmennaang, Joseph & Onyango, Elizabeth O. & Luginaah, Isaac & Elliott, Susan J.
- 213-225 The impact of the Great Recession on health-related risk factors, behaviour and outcomes in England
by Jofre-Bonet, Mireia & Serra-Sastre, Victoria & Vandoros, Sotiris
- 226-234 Path analysis of warning label effects on negative emotions and quit attempts: A longitudinal study of smokers in Australia, Canada, Mexico, and the US
by Cho, Yoo Jin & Thrasher, James F. & Yong, Hua-Hie & Szklo, André Salem & O'Connor, Richard J. & Bansal-Travers, Maansi & Hammond, David & Fong, Geoffrey T. & Hardin, James & Borland, Ron
- 235-243 Positive emotional well-being, health Behaviors, and inflammation measured by C-Reactive protein
by Ironson, Gail & Banerjee, Nikhil & Fitch, Calvin & Krause, Neal
2018, Volume 196, Issue C
- 1-9 Bringing urban governance back in: Neighborhood conflicts and depression
by Fu, Qiang
- 10-18 Going viral in PNG – Exploring routes and circumstances of entry of a rabies-infected dog into Papua New Guinea
by Brookes, Victoria J. & Degeling, Chris & Ward, Michael P.
- 19-28 Quasi-experimental evidence on tobacco tax regressivity
by Koch, Steven F.
- 29-36 “It's gym, like g-y-m not J-i-m”: Exploring the role of place in the gendering of physical activity
by Coen, Stephanie E. & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Davidson, Joyce
- 37-46 Autonomy to health care professionals as a vehicle for value-based health care? Results of a quasi-experiment in hospital governance
by Larsen, Kristian Nørgaard & Kristensen, Søren Rud & Søgaard, Rikke
- 47-55 Social interaction and pain: An arctic expedition
by Block, Per & Heathcote, Lauren C. & Burnett Heyes, Stephanie
- 56-65 Green space and cognitive ageing: A retrospective life course analysis in the Lothian Birth Cohort 1936
by Cherrie, Mark P.C. & Shortt, Niamh K. & Mitchell, Richard J. & Taylor, Adele M. & Redmond, Paul & Thompson, Catharine Ward & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J. & Pearce, Jamie R.
- 66-76 Enhancing handwashing frequency and technique of primary caregivers in Harare, Zimbabwe: A cluster-randomized controlled trial using behavioral and microbial outcomes
by Friedrich, Max N.D. & Kappler, Andreas & Mosler, Hans-Joachim
- 77-85 Peer norms moderate the association between mental health and sexual risk behaviors among young men living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
by Hill, L.M. & Moody, J. & Gottfredson, N.C. & Kajula, L.J. & Pence, B.W. & Go, V.F. & Maman, S.
- 86-95 Health care at birth and infant mortality: Evidence from nighttime deliveries in Nigeria
by Okeke, Edward N. & Chari, A.V.
- 96-105 Synthetic social support: Theorizing lay health worker interventions
by Gale, Nicola K. & Kenyon, Sara & MacArthur, Christine & Jolly, Kate & Hope, Lucy
- 106-114 “Do-it-yourself”: Vaccine rejection and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)
by Attwell, Katie & Ward, Paul R. & Meyer, Samantha B. & Rokkas, Philippa J. & Leask, Julie
- 115-122 Social capital, income inequality and the social gradient in self-rated health in Latin America: A fixed effects analysis
by Vincens, Natalia & Emmelin, Maria & Stafström, Martin
- 123-130 From therapeutic landscapes to healthy spaces, places and practices: A scoping review
by Bell, Sarah L. & Foley, Ronan & Houghton, Frank & Maddrell, Avril & Williams, Allison M.
- 131-141 Government health insurance and spatial peer effects: New evidence from India
by Chatterjee, Chirantan & Joshi, Radhika & Sood, Neeraj & Boregowda, P.
- 142-149 The possible worlds of global health research: An ethics-focused discourse analysis
by Brisbois, Ben & Plamondon, Katrina
- 150-157 Female garment workers’ experiences of violence in their homes and workplaces in Bangladesh: A qualitative study
by Naved, Ruchira & Rahman, Tabassum & Willan, Samantha & Jewkes, Rachel & Gibbs, Andrew
- 158-165 State-level climate, anti-discrimination law, and sexual minority health status: An ecological study
by Solazzo, Alexa & Brown, Tony N. & Gorman, Bridget K.
- 166-174 Private or public hospital ownership: Does it really matter?
by Bjorvatn, Afsaneh
- 175-181 Research altruism as motivation for participation in community-centered environmental health research
by Carrera, Jennifer S. & Brown, Phil & Brody, Julia Green & Morello-Frosch, Rachel
- 182-189 “One of the greatest medical success stories:” Physicians and nurses’ small stories about vaccine knowledge and anxieties
by Manca, Terra
- 190-196 Courtesy stigma: A concealed consternation among caregivers of people affected by leprosy
by Dako-Gyeke, Mavis
- 197-203 Longitudinal analysis of the impact of economic empowerment on risk for intimate partner violence among married women in rural Maharashtra, India
by Raj, Anita & Silverman, Jay G. & Klugman, Jeni & Saggurti, Niranjan & Donta, Balaiah & Shakya, Holly B.
- 206-208 50 years of medical health geography(ies) of health and wellbeing
by Elliott, Susan J.
- 209-215 Fifty years of sociological leadership at Social Science and Medicine
by Timmermans, Stefan & Tietbohl, Caroline
- 216-217 Health policy: A reflection and look forward
by Yip, Winnie C.
- 218-226 What are the keys to a longer, happier life? Answers from five decades of health psychology research
by Johnson, Blair T. & Acabchuk, Rebecca L.
- 227-232 A history that goes hand in hand: Reflections on the development of health economics and the role played by Social Science & Medicine, 1967–2017
by Coast, Joanna
- 233-239 The field of medical anthropology in Social Science & Medicine
by Panter-Brick, Catherine & Eggerman, Mark
- 240-245 Social epidemiology for the 21st century
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
2017, Volume 195, Issue C
- 1-11 Power structure among the actors of financial support to the poor to access health services: Social network analysis approach
by Etemadi, Manal & Gorji, Hasan Abolghasem & Kangarani, Hannaneh Mohammadi & Ashtarian, Kioomars
- 12-16 Gene-environment interactions between education and body mass: Evidence from the UK and Finland
by Amin, Vikesh & Böckerman, Petri & Viinikainen, Jutta & Smart, Melissa C. & Bao, Yanchun & Kumari, Meena & Pitkänen, Niina & Lehtimäki, Terho & Raitakari, Olli & Pehkonen, Jaakko
- 17-24 The joint effects of family risk of obesity and neighborhood environment on obesity among women
by Kowaleski-Jones, Lori & Brown, Barbara B. & Fan, Jessie X. & Hanson, Heidi A. & Smith, Ken R. & Zick, Cathleen D.
- 25-33 Medical egg freezing and cancer patients’ hopes: Fertility preservation at the intersection of life and death
by Inhorn, Marcia C. & Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna & Patrizio, Pasquale
- 34-41 Conditions for addressing environmental determinants of health behavior in intersectoral policy networks: A fuzzy set Qualitative Comparative Analysis
by Peters, D.T.J.M. & Verweij, S. & Grêaux, K. & Stronks, K. & Harting, J.
- 42-49 The relationship between physical and mental health: A mediation analysis
by Ohrnberger, Julius & Fichera, Eleonora & Sutton, Matt
- 50-60 Developing a scale to assess health regulatory focus
by Ferrer, Rebecca A. & Lipkus, Isaac M. & Cerully, Jennifer L. & McBride, Colleen M. & Shepperd, James A. & Klein, William M.P.
- 61-67 Female labour force participation and suicide rates in the world
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Chen, Mengni & Lui, Carrie S.M. & Yip, Paul S.F.
- 68-76 Impact of ill-health on household consumption in Sri Lanka: Evidence from household survey data
by Kumara, Ajantha Sisira & Samaratunge, Ramanie
- 77-82 The symbolic violence of ‘outbreak’: A mixed methods, quasi-experimental impact evaluation of social protection on Ebola survivor wellbeing
by Richardson, Eugene T. & Kelly, J. Daniel & Sesay, Osman & Drasher, Michael D. & Desai, Ishaan K. & Frankfurter, Raphael & Farmer, Paul E. & Barrie, Mohamed Bailor
- 83-89 Changing experience of adverse medical events in the National Health Service: Comparison of two population surveys in 2001 and 2013
by Gray, Alastair M. & Fenn, Paul & Rickman, Neil & Vencappa, Dev
- 90-96 Fear, family and the placing of emotion: Black women's responses to a breast cancer awareness intervention
by Brown, Tim & Dyck, Isabel & Greenhough, Beth & Raven-Ellison, Menah & Dembinsky, Melanie & Ornstein, Mark & Duffy, Stephen W.
- 97-104 Reconciling ethical and economic conceptions of value in health policy using the capabilities approach: A qualitative investigation of Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing
by Kibel, Mia & Vanstone, Meredith
- 105-114 Unhealthy assimilation or persistent health advantage? A longitudinal analysis of immigrant health in the United States
by Lu, Yao & Denier, Nicole & Wang, Julia Shu-Huah & Kaushal, Neeraj
- 115-122 ‘Pastoral practices’ for quality improvement in a Kenyan clinical network
by McGivern, Gerry & Nzinga, Jacinta & English, Mike
- 123-130 What if the baby doesn't survive? Health-care decision making for ill newborns in Ethiopia
by Onarheim, Kristine Husøy & Sisay, Mitike Molla & Gizaw, Muluken & Moland, Karen Marie & Miljeteig, Ingrid
- 131-137 Risky movies, risky behaviors, and ethnic identity among Black adolescents
by Bleakley, Amy & Ellithorpe, Morgan E. & Hennessy, Michael & Jamieson, Patrick E. & Khurana, Atika & Weitz, Ilana
- 140-148 Applying the reasoned action approach to understanding health protection and health risk behaviors
by Conner, Mark & McEachan, Rosemary & Lawton, Rebecca & Gardner, Peter
- 149-158 Explaining between-race differences in African-American and European-American women's responses to breast density notification
by Manning, Mark & Albrecht, Terrance L. & Yilmaz-Saab, Zeynep & Penner, Louis & Norman, Andria & Purrington, Kristen
- 159-169 Improving correctional healthcare providers' ability to care for transgender patients: Development and evaluation of a theory-driven cultural and clinical competence intervention
by White Hughto, Jaclyn M. & Clark, Kirsty A. & Altice, Frederick L. & Reisner, Sari L. & Kershaw, Trace S. & Pachankis, John E.
2017, Volume 194, Issue C
- 1-9 The ‘over-researched community’: An ethics analysis of stakeholder views at two South African HIV prevention research sites
by Koen, Jennifer & Wassenaar, Douglas & Mamotte, Nicole
- 10-16 Democracy and health: Evidence from within-country heterogeneity in the Congo
by van der Windt, Peter & Vandoros, Sotiris
- 17-24 “People try and label me as someone I'm not”: The social ecology of Indigenous people living with HIV, stigma, and discrimination in Manitoba, Canada
by Woodgate, Roberta L. & Zurba, Melanie & Tennent, Pauline & Cochrane, Carla & Payne, Mike & Mignone, Javier
- 25-33 Justification and authority in institutional review board decision letters
by Clapp, Justin T. & Gleason, Katharine A. & Joffe, Steven
- 34-41 Coping strategies of internally displaced women in Georgia: A qualitative study
by Seguin, Maureen & Lewis, Ruth & Razmadze, Mariam & Amirejibi, Tinatin & Roberts, Bayard
- 42-50 Parents' transitions into and out of work-family conflict and children's mental health: Longitudinal influence via family functioning
by Dinh, Huong & Cooklin, Amanda R. & Leach, Liana S. & Westrupp, Elizabeth M. & Nicholson, Jan M. & Strazdins, Lyndall
- 51-59 Understanding the patient experience of cost-related non-adherence to prescription medications through typology development and application
by Goldsmith, Laurie J. & Kolhatkar, Ashra & Popowich, Dominic & Holbrook, Anne M. & Morgan, Steven G. & Law, Michael R.
- 60-66 The oughtness of care: Fear, stress, and caregiving during the 2000–2001 Ebola outbreak in Gulu, Uganda
by Park, Sung-Joon & Akello, Grace
- 67-75 Effects of state-level Earned Income Tax Credit laws in the U.S. on maternal health behaviors and infant health outcomes
by Markowitz, Sara & Komro, Kelli A. & Livingston, Melvin D. & Lenhart, Otto & Wagenaar, Alexander C.
- 76-86 Parental preferences and allocations of investments in children's learning and health within families
by Abufhele, Alejandra & Behrman, Jere & Bravo, David
- 87-95 Specialty training for the retention of Malawian doctors: A cost-effectiveness analysis
by Mandeville, Kate L. & Hanson, Kara & Muula, Adamson S. & Dzowela, Titha & Ulaya, Godwin & Lagarde, Mylène
- 96-104 Determining geographic accessibility of family physician and nurse practitioner services in relation to the distribution of seniors within two Canadian Prairie Provinces
by Shah, Tayyab Ikram & Milosavljevic, Stephan & Bath, Brenna
- 105-127 The dark side of social capital: A systematic review of the negative health effects of social capital
by Villalonga-Olives, E. & Kawachi, I.
- 128-134 Sanitation marketing: A systematic review and theoretical critique using the capability approach
by Barrington, D.J. & Sridharan, S. & Shields, K.F. & Saunders, S.G. & Souter, R.T. & Bartram, J.
- 135-141 Associations between race, discrimination and risk for chronic disease in a population-based sample from Canada
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Shahidi, Faraz Vahid & Ramraj, Chantel & Williams, David R.
- 142-150 Unemployment and subsequent depression: A mediation analysis using the parametric G-formula
by Bijlsma, Maarten J. & Tarkiainen, Lasse & Myrskylä, Mikko & Martikainen, Pekka
- 151-159 Avoiding selection bias without random assignment? The effect of breastfeeding on cognitive outcomes in China
by Cebolla-Boado, Héctor & Jiménez-Buedo, María & Salazar, Leire
- 160-167 Dynamic modeling approaches to characterize the functioning of health systems: A systematic review of the literature
by Chang, Angela Y. & Ogbuoji, Osondu & Atun, Rifat & Verguet, Stéphane
- 168-176 Low birthweight among immigrants in Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States
by Martinson, Melissa L. & Tienda, Marta & Teitler, Julien O.
2017, Volume 193, Issue C
- 1-7 Assessment of spatial variation in breast cancer-specific mortality using Louisiana SEER data
by Carroll, Rachel & Lawson, Andrew B. & Jackson, Chandra L. & Zhao, Shanshan
- 8-15 A qualitative study of speaking out about patient safety concerns in intensive care units
by Tarrant, Carolyn & Leslie, Myles & Bion, Julian & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 16-22 What is not, but might be: The disnarrated in parents' stories of their child's cancer treatment
by Vindrola-Padros, Cecilia & Brage, Eugenia
- 23-32 Health lifestyles across the transition to adulthood: Implications for health
by Lawrence, Elizabeth M. & Mollborn, Stefanie & Hummer, Robert A.
- 33-40 Cross-lagged associations between posttraumatic stress symptoms and coping self-efficacy in long-term recovery: A four-wave comparative study
by Bosmans, Mark W.G. & van der Velden, Peter G.
- 41-50 Kids in space: Measuring children's residential neighborhoods and other destinations using activity space GPS and wearable camera data
by Chambers, T. & Pearson, A.L. & Kawachi, I. & Rzotkiewicz, Z. & Stanley, J. & Smith, M. & barr, M. & Ni Mhurchu, C. & Signal, L.
- 51-58 Pastoral power in HIV prevention: Converging rationalities of care in Christian and medical practices in Papua New Guinea
by Shih, P. & Worth, H. & Travaglia, J. & Kelly-Hanku, A.
- 59-69 A grounded visualization approach to explore sociospatial and temporal complexities of older adults' mobility
by Franke, Thea & Winters, Meghan & McKay, Heather & Chaudhury, Habib & Sims-Gould, Joanie
- 70-79 Determinants of trust in the flu vaccine for African Americans and Whites
by Freimuth, Vicki S. & Jamison, Amelia M. & An, Ji & Hancock, Gregory R. & Quinn, Sandra Crouse
- 80-89 “What's the right thing to do?” Correctional healthcare providers' knowledge, attitudes and experiences caring for transgender inmates
by Clark, Kirsty A. & White Hughto, Jaclyn M. & Pachankis, John E.
- 90-100 Racial discrimination and cortisol output: A meta-analysis
by Korous, Kevin M. & Causadias, José M. & Casper, Deborah M.
- 101-109 Understanding the association between stunting and child development in low- and middle-income countries: Next steps for research and intervention
by Perkins, Jessica M. & Kim, Rockli & Krishna, Aditi & McGovern, Mark & Aguayo, Victor M. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 110-117 Building addiction recovery capital through online participation in a recovery community
by Bliuc, Ana-Maria & Best, David & Iqbal, Muhammad & Upton, Katie
- 118-126 The impact of Medicare Part D on cognitive functioning at older ages
by Pak, Tae-Young & Kim, GwanSeon
- 130-139 Childhood/Adolescent stressors and allostatic load in adulthood: Support for a calibration model
by Berg, Mark T. & Simons, Ronald L. & Barr, Ashley & Beach, Steven R.H. & Philibert, Robert A.
2017, Volume 192, Issue C
- 1-13 Preventing gender-based violence victimization in adolescent girls in lower-income countries: Systematic review of reviews
by Yount, Kathryn M. & Krause, Kathleen H. & Miedema, Stephanie S.
- 14-17 Impact of active concealment of stigmatized identities on physical and psychological quality of life
by Quinn, Diane M. & Weisz, Bradley M. & Lawner, Elizabeth K.
- 18-27 Getting more people on the stairs: The impact of point-of-decision prompts
by Allais, Olivier & Bazoche, Pascale & Teyssier, Sabrina
- 30-35 Smoking concordance during pregnancy: Are there relationship benefits?
by Cornelius, Talea & Desrosiers, Alethea & Kershaw, Trace
- 36-48 Effects of house prices on health: New evidence from Australia
by Atalay, Kadir & Edwards, Rebecca & Liu, Betty Y.J.
- 49-57 Relative deprivation: Measurement issues and predictive role for body image dissatisfaction
by Esposito, Lucio & Villaseñor, Adrián
- 58-65 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), illness narratives and Elias's sociology of knowledge
by Malcolm, Dominic & Orme, Mark W. & Morgan, Mike D. & Sherar, Lauren B.
- 66-73 A systematic review of allostatic load in relation to socioeconomic position: Poor fidelity and major inconsistencies in biomarkers employed
by Johnson, Sarah C. & Cavallaro, Francesca L. & Leon, David A.
- 74-84 How the built environment affects change in older people's physical activity: A mixed- methods approach using longitudinal health survey data in urban China
by Zhou, Peiling & Grady, Sue C. & Chen, Guo
- 85-93 Response shift in self-rated health after serious health events in old age
by Spuling, Svenja M. & Wolff, Julia K. & Wurm, Susanne
- 94-101 Hearing impairment, social support, and depressive symptoms among U.S. adults: A test of the stress process paradigm
by West, Jessica S.
- 102-111 Area-level socioeconomic disadvantage and suicidal behaviour in Europe: A systematic review
by Cairns, Joanne-Marie & Graham, Eva & Bambra, Clare
- 112-124 Re-evaluating associations between the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participation and body mass index in the context of unmeasured confounders
by Rigdon, Joseph & Berkowitz, Seth A. & Seligman, Hilary K. & Basu, Sanjay
- 125-133 Effectiveness of physical activity interventions in achieving behaviour change maintenance in young and middle aged adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Murray, Jennifer M. & Brennan, Sarah F. & French, David P. & Patterson, Christopher C. & Kee, Frank & Hunter, Ruth F.
- 134-142 Perceived social support in African American breast cancer patients: Predictors and effects
by Thompson, Tess & Pérez, Maria & Kreuter, Matthew & Margenthaler, Julie & Colditz, Graham & Jeffe, Donna B.
- 143-151 Shaping innovation in health care: A content analysis of innovation policies in the English NHS, 1948–2015
by Farchi, Tomas & Salge, Torsten-Oliver
- 152-161 Perceived neighborhood quality, family processes, and trajectories of child and adolescent externalizing behaviors in the United States
by Li, Mengying & Johnson, Sara B. & Musci, Rashelle J. & Riley, Anne W.
2017, Volume 191, Issue C
- 1-8 A systemic approach to understanding mental health and services
by Cohen, Mark
- 9-18 Who provides inconsistent reports of their health status? The importance of age, cognitive ability and socioeconomic status
by Black, Nicole & Johnston, David W. & Shields, Michael A. & Suziedelyte, Agne
- 19-29 Do restrictive omnibus immigration laws reduce enrollment in public health insurance by Latino citizen children? A comparative interrupted time series study
by Allen, Chenoa D. & McNeely, Clea A.
- 30-37 Rural-urban disparities in unmet long-term care needs in China: The role of the hukou status
by Zhu, Yumei & Österle, August
- 38-47 Environmental injustice and sexual minority health disparities: A national study of inequitable health risks from air pollution among same-sex partners
by Collins, Timothy W. & Grineski, Sara E. & Morales, Danielle X.
- 48-56 Crowdfunding our health: Economic risks and benefits
by Renwick, Matthew J. & Mossialos, Elias
- 57-60 Celebrity over science? An analysis of Lyme disease video content on YouTube
by Yiannakoulias, N. & Tooby, R. & Sturrock, S.L.
- 65-76 A meta-analytic review on social relationships and suicidal ideation among older adults
by Chang, Qingsong & Chan, Chee Hon & Yip, Paul S.F.
- 77-83 Care interrupted: Poverty, in-migration, and primary care in rural resource towns
by Rice, Kathleen & Webster, Fiona
- 84-88 Ethical implications of location and accelerometer measurement in health research studies with mobile sensing devices
by Fuller, Daniel & Shareck, Martine & Stanley, Kevin
- 89-98 Impact of medical subsidy disqualification on children's healthcare utilization: A difference-in-differences analysis from Japan
by Miyawaki, Atsushi & Noguchi, Haruko & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 99-108 The impact of Black cancer patients' race-related beliefs and attitudes on racially-discordant oncology interactions: A field study
by Penner, Louis A. & Harper, Felicity W.K. & Dovidio, John F. & Albrecht, Terrance L. & Hamel, Lauren M. & Senft, Nicole & Eggly, Susan
- 109-116 A good abortion experience: A qualitative exploration of women's needs and preferences in clinical care
by Altshuler, Anna L. & Ojanen-Goldsmith, Alison & Blumenthal, Paul D. & Freedman, Lori R.
- 117-124 Disappearing everyday materials: The displacement of medical resources following disaster in Fukushima, Japan
by Abeysinghe, Sudeepa & Leppold, Claire & Ozaki, Akihiko & Morita, Mariko & Tsubokura, Masaharu
- 125-133 Effects of Latino children on their mothers' dietary intake and dietary behaviors: The role of children's acculturation and the mother-child acculturation gap
by Soto, Sandra H. & Arredondo, Elva M. & Marcus, Bess & Shakya, Holly B. & Roesch, Scott & Ayala, Guadalupe X.
- 134-142 Does gender matter? An analysis of men's and women's accounts of responding to symptoms of lung cancer
by MacLean, Alice & Hunt, Kate & Smith, Sarah & Wyke, Sally
- 143-150 Disability rights in Higher Education Programs: The case of medical schools and other health-related disciplines
by Liasidou, Anastasia & Mavrou, Katerina
- 151-159 Exploring associations between state education initiatives and teachers’ sleep: A social-ecological approach
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Farley, Amy N. & Kellemen, Marie & Swoboda, Christopher M.
- 160-167 Why do people with mental distress have poor social outcomes? Four lessons from the capabilities approach
by Brunner, Richard
- 168-175 Geographic and demographic correlates of autism-related anti-vaccine beliefs on Twitter, 2009-15
by Tomeny, Theodore S. & Vargo, Christopher J. & El-Toukhy, Sherine
- 176-185 The impact of price policy on demand for alcohol in rural India
by Subramanian, Arjunan & Kumar, Parmod
- 186-193 Experience as knowledge: Disability, distillation and (reprogenetic) decision-making
by Boardman, Felicity K.
- 194-201 Korean immigrants don't buy health insurance: The influences of culture on self-employed Korean immigrants focusing on structure and functions of social networks
by Oh, Hyunsung & Jeong, Chung Hyeon
- 202-211 Post-migration employment changes and health: A dyadic spousal analysis
by Ro, Annie & Goldberg, Rachel E.
- 212-225 Should I stay or should I go? How healthcare professionals close encounters with people with dementia in the acute hospital setting
by Allwood, Rebecca & Pilnick, Alison & O'Brien, Rebecca & Goldberg, Sarah & Harwood, Rowan H. & Beeke, Suzanne
- 226-236 The unintended consequences of community verifications for performance-based financing in Burkina Faso
by Turcotte-Tremblay, Anne-Marie & Gali-Gali, Idriss Ali & De Allegri, Manuela & Ridde, Valéry
- 237-250 Racial residential segregation and adverse birth outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Mehra, Renee & Boyd, Lisa M. & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
2017, Volume 190, Issue C
- 1-10 The new frontier of strategic alliances in health care: New partnerships under accountable care organizations
by Lewis, Valerie A. & Tierney, Katherine I. & Colla, Carrie H. & Shortell, Stephen M.
- 11-19 Does health insurance reduce out-of-pocket expenditure? Heterogeneity among China's middle-aged and elderly
by Zhang, Anwen & Nikoloski, Zlatko & Mossialos, Elias
- 20-28 Childhood deprivation and later-life cognitive function in a population-based study of older rural South Africans
by Kobayashi, Lindsay C. & Glymour, M. Maria & Kahn, Kathleen & Payne, Collin F. & Wagner, Ryan G. & Montana, Livia & Mateen, Farrah J. & Tollman, Stephen M. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 29-37 Increased alcohol use after Hurricane Ike: The roles of perceived social cohesion and social control
by Ma, Chenyi & Smith, Tony E.
- 38-47 The political economy of diagnosis-related groups
by Bertoli, Paola & Grembi, Veronica
- 48-56 Self-rated health, generalized trust, and the Affordable Care Act: A US panel study, 2006–2014
by Mewes, Jan & Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola
- 57-66 The observed and perceived neighborhood environment and physical activity among urban-dwelling adults: The moderating role of depressive symptoms
by Orstad, Stephanie L. & McDonough, Meghan H. & Klenosky, David B. & Mattson, Marifran & Troped, Philip J.
- 67-74 Does grandchild care influence grandparents’ self-rated health? Evidence from a fixed effects approach
by Ates, Merih
- 75-82 The Islamification of antiretroviral therapy: Reconciling HIV treatment and religion in northern Nigeria
by Tocco, Jack Ume
- 83-91 Alternative futures: Fields, boundaries, and divergent professionalisation strategies within the Chiropractic profession
by Brosnan, Caragh
- 92-100 Social disorganization and homicide mortality rate trajectories in Brazil between 1991 and 2010
by Peres, Maria Fernanda Tourinho & Nivette, Amy
- 101-110 Interest in and reactions to genetic risk information: The role of implicit theories and self-affirmation
by Taber, Jennifer M. & Klein, William M.P. & Persky, Susan & Ferrer, Rebecca A. & Kaufman, Annette R. & Thai, Chan L. & Harris, Peter R.
- 111-118 Social support, flexible resources, and health care navigation
by Gage-Bouchard, Elizabeth A.
- 119-132 Post-conflict struggles as networks of problems: A network analysis of trauma, daily stressors and psychological distress among Sri Lankan war survivors
by Jayawickreme, Nuwan & Mootoo, Candace & Fountain, Christine & Rasmussen, Andrew & Jayawickreme, Eranda & Bertuccio, Rebecca F.
- 133-140 Patient-provider communication, maternal anxiety, and self-care in pregnancy
by Nicoloro-SantaBarbara, Jennifer & Rosenthal, Lisa & Auerbach, Melissa V. & Kocis, Christina & Busso, Cheyanne & Lobel, Marci
- 141-148 ‘Being’ a ventricular assist device recipient: A liminal existence
by Standing, Holly C. & Rapley, Tim & MacGowan, Guy A. & Exley, Catherine
- 149-156 Perceptions of incentives offered in a community-based malaria diagnosis and treatment program in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea
by Burkot, Camilla & Naidi, Laura & Seehofer, Liesel & Miles, Kevin
- 157-164 “Stay cool, sell stuff cheap, and smile”: Examining how reputational management of dental tourism reinforces structural oppression in Los Algodones, Mexico
by Adams, Krystyna & Snyder, Jeremy & Crooks, Valorie A. & Berry, Nicole S.
- 165-173 Finding HOPE: Changes in depressive symptomology following relocation from distressed public housing
by Webb, Michael D. & Rohe, William M. & Nguyen, Mai Thi & Frescoln, Kirstin & Donegan, Mary & Han, Hye-Sung
- 174-180 Why did life expectancy decline in the United States in 2015? A gender-specific analysis
by Acciai, Francesco & Firebaugh, Glenn
- 181-189 “The land of the sick and the land of the healthy”: Disability, bureaucracy, and stigma among people living with poverty and chronic illness in the United States
by Whittle, Henry J. & Palar, Kartika & Ranadive, Nikhil A. & Turan, Janet M. & Kushel, Margot & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 190-198 Parent use of cannabis for intractable pediatric epilepsy: Everyday empiricism and the boundaries of scientific medicine
by Sobo, Elisa J.
- 199-206 The perception of fairness in infant care and mothers' postpartum depression
by DeMaris, Alfred & Mahoney, Annette
- 207-216 Access to occupational networks and ethnic variation of depressive symptoms in young adults in Sweden
by Miething, Alexander & Rostila, Mikael & Rydgren, Jens
- 217-226 The spatial politics of place and health policy: Exploring Sustainability and Transformation Plans in the English NHS
by Hammond, Jonathan & Lorne, Colin & Coleman, Anna & Allen, Pauline & Mays, Nicholas & Dam, Rinita & Mason, Thomas & Checkland, Kath
- 227-236 Pathway from poor self-rated health to mortality: Explanatory power of disease diagnosis
by Falconer, James & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 237-246 The impact of democracy and media freedom on under-5 mortality, 1961–2011
by Wigley, Simon & Akkoyunlu-Wigley, Arzu
- 247-255 Differential item functioning in quality of life measurement: An analysis using anchoring vignettes
by Knott, Rachel J. & Lorgelly, Paula K. & Black, Nicole & Hollingsworth, Bruce
- 256-264 A randomized controlled trial of a resilience-based intervention on psychosocial well-being of children affected by HIV/AIDS: Effects at 6- and 12-month follow-up
by Li, Xiaoming & Harrison, Sayward E. & Fairchild, Amanda J. & Chi, Peilian & Zhao, Junfeng & Zhao, Guoxiang
- 265-274 Effects of health empowerment intervention on resilience of adolescents in a tribal area: A study using the Solomon four-groups design
by Sarkar, Kaushik & Dasgupta, Aparajita & Sinha, Multipada & Shahbabu, Bhaskar
2017, Volume 189, Issue C
- 1-10 Assessing income redistributive effect of health financing in Zambia
by Mulenga, Arnold & Ataguba, John Ele-Ojo
- 11-16 Did the Great Recession affect mortality rates in the metropolitan United States? Effects on mortality by age, gender and cause of death
by Strumpf, Erin C. & Charters, Thomas J. & Harper, Sam & Nandi, Arijit
- 17-24 Young adults' experiences of neighbourhood smoking-related norms and practices: A qualitative study exploring place-based social inequalities in smoking
by Glenn, Nicole M. & Lapalme, Josée & McCready, Geneviève & Frohlich, Katherine L.
- 25-34 Does social trust increase willingness to pay taxes to improve public healthcare? Cross-sectional cross-country instrumental variable analysis
by Habibov, Nazim & Cheung, Alex & Auchynnikava, Alena
- 35-43 Academic advocacy in public health: Disciplinary ‘duty’ or political ‘propaganda’?
by Smith, K.E. & Stewart, E.A.
- 44-52 Ethnic density, immigrant enclaves, and Latino health risks: A propensity score matching approach
by Li, Kelin & Wen, Ming & Henry, Kevin A.
- 53-62 Which characteristics of planning matter? Individual and dyadic physical activity plans and their effects on plan enactment
by Keller, Jan & Fleig, Lena & Hohl, Diana Hilda & Wiedemann, Amelie U. & Burkert, Silke & Luszczynska, Aleksandra & Knoll, Nina
- 63-75 Rapid qualitative research methods during complex health emergencies: A systematic review of the literature
by Johnson, Ginger A. & Vindrola-Padros, Cecilia
- 76-85 Association between housing type and γ-GTP increase after the Great East Japan Earthquake
by Murakami, Aya & Sugawara, Yumi & Tomata, Yasutake & Sugiyama, Kemmyo & Kaiho, Yu & Tanji, Fumiya & Tsuji, Ichiro
- 86-95 Informal cash payments for birth in Hungary: Are women paying to secure a known provider, respect, or quality of care?
by Baji, Petra & Rubashkin, Nicholas & Szebik, Imre & Stoll, Kathrin & Vedam, Saraswathi
- 96-104 Cultural values and the prevalence of mental disorders in 25 countries: A secondary data analysis
by Heim, Eva & Wegmann, Iris & Maercker, Andreas
- 105-113 Informal assistance to urban families and the risk of household food insecurity
by King, Christian
- 114-128 Values for the ICECAP-Supportive Care Measure (ICECAP-SCM) for use in economic evaluation at end of life
by Huynh, Elisabeth & Coast, Joanna & Rose, John & Kinghorn, Philip & Flynn, Terry
- 129-137 Status inconsistency and mental health: A random effects and instrumental variables analysis using 14 annual waves of cohort data
by Milner, Allison & Aitken, Zoe & Kavanagh, Anne & LaMontagne, Anthony D. & Petrie, Dennis
- 138-144 Associations of relative deprivation and income rank with depressive symptoms among older adults in Japan
by Gero, Krisztina & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Shirai, Kokoro & Kawachi, Ichiro