Social Science & Medicine
2017, Volume 180, Issue C
- 1-9 The effects of women's education on maternal health: Evidence from Peru
by Weitzman, Abigail
- 10-19 How did the Good School Toolkit reduce the risk of past week physical violence from teachers to students? Qualitative findings on pathways of change in schools in Luwero, Uganda
by Kyegombe, N. & Namakula, S. & Mulindwa, J. & Lwanyaaga, J. & Naker, D. & Namy, S. & Nakuti, J. & Parkes, J. & Knight, L. & Walakira, E. & Devries, K.M.
- 20-27 The social logic of naloxone: Peer administration, harm reduction, and the transformation of social policy
by Faulkner-Gurstein, Rachel
- 28-35 The impact of welfare reform on the health insurance coverage, utilization and health of low education single mothers
by Narain, Kimberly & Bitler, Marianne & Ponce, Ninez & Kominski, Gerald & Ettner, Susan
- 36-44 The sociology of space as a catalyst for innovation in the health sector
by Saidi, Trust & de Villiers, Katusha & Douglas, Tania S.
- 45-51 Stability and change in disease prestige: A comparative analysis of three surveys spanning a quarter of a century
by Album, Dag & Johannessen, Lars E.F. & Rasmussen, Erik B.
- 52-61 Spatio-temporal neighborhood impacts on internalizing and externalizing behaviors in U.S. elementary school children: Effect modification by child and family socio-demographics
by Humphrey, Jamie L. & Root, Elisabeth D.
- 62-75 Tolerance of uncertainty: Conceptual analysis, integrative model, and implications for healthcare
by Hillen, Marij A. & Gutheil, Caitlin M. & Strout, Tania D. & Smets, Ellen M.A. & Han, Paul K.J.
- 76-84 Bureaucratization and medical professionals’ values: A cross-national analysis
by Racko, Girts
- 85-93 The socio-political context of migration and reproductive health disparities: The case of early sexual initiation among Mexican-origin immigrant young women
by Coleman-Minahan, Kate
- 94-100 The impact of transitions in insurance coverage on GP visiting among children in Ireland
by Nolan, Anne & Layte, Richard
- 101-105 Does educational attainment shape reactions to genetic risk for Alzheimer's disease? Results from a national survey experiment
by Andersson, Matthew A. & Gadarian, Shana Kushner & Almeling, Rene
- 106-113 A visual analysis of gender bias in contemporary anatomy textbooks
by Parker, Rhiannon & Larkin, Theresa & Cockburn, Jon
- 114-124 The harder they fall? Sex and race/ethnic specific suicide rates in the U.S. foreclosure crisis
by Houle, Jason N. & Light, Michael T.
- 125-134 The intimate relationship as a site of social protection: Partnerships between people who inject drugs
by Rhodes, Tim & Rance, Jake & Fraser, Suzanne & Treloar, Carla
- 135-142 Varying cognitive targets and response rates to enhance the question-behaviour effect: An 8-arm Randomized Controlled Trial on influenza vaccination uptake
by Conner, Mark & Sandberg, Tracy & Nekitsing, Chandani & Hutter, Russell & Wood, Chantelle & Jackson, Cath & Godin, Gaston & Sheeran, Paschal
- 143-151 The more the heavier? Family size and childhood obesity in the U.S
by Datar, Ashlesha
- 152-159 Does the media matter to suicide?: Examining the social dynamics surrounding media reporting on suicide in a suicide-prone community
by Mueller, Anna S.
- 160-169 Variola minor in coalfield areas of England and Wales, 1921–34: Geographical determinants of a national smallpox epidemic that spread out of effective control
by Smallman-Raynor, Matthew R. & Rafferty, Sarah & Cliff, Andrew D.
- 170-180 Food as a social determinant of mental health among household heads in the Upper West Region of Ghana
by Atuoye, Kilian Nasung & Luginaah, Isaac
- 181-192 Reduced burden of childhood diarrheal diseases through increased access to water and sanitation in India: A modeling analysis
by Nandi, Arindam & Megiddo, Itamar & Ashok, Ashvin & Verma, Amit & Laxminarayan, Ramanan
2017, Volume 179, Issue C
- 1-8 Tinkering toward departure: The limits of improvisation in rural Ethiopian biomedical practices
by Rieder, Stephanie
- 9-17 The impact of healthcare spending on health outcomes: A meta-regression analysis
by Gallet, Craig A. & Doucouliagos, Hristos
- 18-26 Fetal health stagnation: Have health conditions in utero improved in the United States and Western and Northern Europe over the past 150 years?
by Schneider, Eric B.
- 27-35 Immediate and sustained effects of user fee exemption on healthcare utilization among children under five in Burkina Faso: A controlled interrupted time-series analysis
by Zombré, David & De Allegri, Manuela & Ridde, Valéry
- 36-44 The effect of race and birth cohort on the veteran mortality differential
by Landes, Scott D. & Wilder, JeffriAnne & Williams, Desiree
- 45-51 Multi-scalar influences on mortality change over time in 274 European cities
by Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Moon, Graham & Pearce, Jamie & Shortt, Niamh K. & Mitchell, Richard
- 52-60 Water insecurity in a syndemic context: Understanding the psycho-emotional stress of water insecurity in Lesotho, Africa
by Workman, Cassandra L. & Ureksoy, Heather
- 61-73 Effects of Payment for Performance on accountability mechanisms: Evidence from Pwani, Tanzania
by Mayumana, Iddy & Borghi, Jo & Anselmi, Laura & Mamdani, Masuma & Lange, Siri
- 74-80 Does autonomy for public hospitals in developing countries increase performance? Evidence-based case studies
by De Geyndt, Willy
- 81-90 Growth recovery and faltering through early adolescence in low- and middle-income countries: Determinants and implications for cognitive development
by Georgiadis, Andreas & Benny, Liza & Duc, Le Thuc & Galab, Sheikh & Reddy, Prudhvikar & Woldehanna, Tassew
- 91-96 New Zealand Healthline call data used to measure the effect of travel time on the use of the emergency department
by Griffin, Edward & McCarthy, John P. & Thomas, Fiona & Kingham, Simon
- 97-105 Longitudinal associations of intimate partner violence attitudes and perpetration: Dyadic couples data from a randomized controlled trial in rural India
by Shakya, Holly B. & Fleming, Paul & Saggurti, Niranjan & Donta, Balaiah & Silverman, Jay & Raj, Anita
- 106-114 Epidemiological placism in public health emergencies: Ebola in two Dallas neighborhoods
by Smith-Morris, Carolyn
- 115-128 HIV risk behaviours among immigrant and ethnic minority gay and bisexual men in North America and Europe: A systematic review
by Lewis, Nathaniel M. & Wilson, Kathi
- 129-136 Feeding premature neonates: Kinship and species in translational neonatology
by Dam, Mie S. & Juhl, Sandra M. & Sangild, Per T. & Svendsen,, Mette N.
- 137-146 The quasi-market for adult residential care in the UK: Do for-profit, not-for-profit or public sector residential care and nursing homes provide better quality care?
by Barron, David N. & West, Elizabeth
- 147-159 Physicians’ responses to financial and social incentives: A medically framed real effort experiment
by Lagarde, Mylène & Blaauw, Duane
- 160-165 Cumulative receipt of an anti-poverty tax credit for families did not impact tobacco smoking among parents
by Pega, Frank & Gilsanz, Paola & Kawachi, Ichiro & Wilson, Nick & Blakely, Tony
- 166-171 Influencing health policy through public deliberation: Lessons learned from two decades of Citizens'/community juries
by Degeling, Chris & Rychetnik, Lucie & Street, Jackie & Thomas, Rae & Carter, Stacy M.
- 172-181 The impact of community context on children's health and nutritional status in China
by Lei, Lei
- 182-190 Attributing a monetary value to patients' time: A contingent valuation approach
by van den Berg, Bernard & Gafni, Amiram & Portrait, France
- 191-200 Social capital, deprivation and self-rated health: Does reporting heterogeneity play a role? Results from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing
by O'Doherty, M.G. & French, D. & Steptoe, A. & Kee, F.
- 201-209 Anticipated support from children and later-life health in the United States and China
by Cheng, Cheng
- 210-217 The policy work of piloting: Mobilising and managing conflict and ambiguity in the English NHS
by Bailey, Simon & Checkland, Kath & Hodgson, Damian & McBride, Anne & Elvey, Rebecca & Parkin, Stephen & Rothwell, Katy & Pierides, Dean
2017, Volume 178, Issue C
- 1-10 Labor market consequences of growing up with a sibling with type 1-diabetes
by Lovén, Ida
- 11-18 Sensitivity of measuring the progress in financial risk protection to survey design and its socioeconomic and demographic determinants: A case study in Rwanda
by Lu, Chunling & Liu, Kai & Li, Lingling & Yang, Yuhong
- 19-27 The Patient Feedback Response Framework – Understanding why UK hospital staff find it difficult to make improvements based on patient feedback: A qualitative study
by Sheard, Laura & Marsh, Claire & O'Hara, Jane & Armitage, Gerry & Wright, John & Lawton, Rebecca
- 28-37 Revisiting informal payments in 29 transitional countries: The scale and socio-economic correlates
by Habibov, Nazim & Cheung, Alex
- 38-45 Accepted monitoring or endured quarantine? Ebola contacts' perceptions in Senegal
by Desclaux, Alice & Badji, Dioumel & Ndione, Albert Gautier & Sow, Khoudia
- 46-54 Changing the navigator's course: How the increasing rationalization of healthcare influences access for undocumented immigrants under the Affordable Care Act
by López-Sanders, Laura
- 55-65 A qualitative study of factors impacting accessing of institutional delivery care in the context of India's cash incentive program
by Vellakkal, Sukumar & Reddy, Hanimi & Gupta, Adyya & Chandran, Anil & Fledderjohann, Jasmine & Stuckler, David
- 66-77 Experiences of stigma and discrimination faced by family caregivers of people with schizophrenia in India
by Koschorke, Mirja & Padmavati, R. & Kumar, Shuba & Cohen, Alex & Weiss, Helen A. & Chatterjee, Sudipto & Pereira, Jesina & Naik, Smita & John, Sujit & Dabholkar, Hamid & Balaji, Madhumitha & Chavan, Animish & Varghese, Mathew & Thara, R. & Patel, Vikram & Thornicroft, Graham
- 78-86 Mental retirement and health selection: Analyses from the U.S. Health and Retirement Study
by Clouston, Sean A.P. & Denier, Nicole
- 87-94 “They treated me like crap and I know it was because I was Native”: The healthcare experiences of Aboriginal peoples living in Vancouver's inner city
by Goodman, Ashley & Fleming, Kim & Markwick, Nicole & Morrison, Tracey & Lagimodiere, Louise & Kerr, Thomas
- 95-103 Job satisfaction developmental trajectories and health: A life course perspective
by Dirlam, Jonathan & Zheng, Hui
- 104-114 When high pressure, system constraints, and a social justice mission collide: A socio-structural analysis of emergency department social work services
by Moore, Megan & Cristofalo, Margaret & Dotolo, Danae & Torres, Nicole & Lahdya, Alexandra & Ho, Leyna & Vogel, Mia & Forrester, Mollie & Conley, Bonnie & Fouts, Susan
- 115-126 Do U.S. states' socioeconomic and policy contexts shape adult disability?
by Montez, Jennifer Karas & Hayward, Mark D. & Wolf, Douglas A.
- 127-135 How financial strain affects health: Evidence from the Dutch National Bank Household Survey
by Prentice, Carla & McKillop, Donal & French, Declan
- 136-143 Where biomedicalisation and magic meet: Therapeutic innovations of elite sports injury in British professional football and cycling
by Faulkner, Alex & McNamee, Michael & Coveney, Catherine & Gabe, Jonathan
- 144-156 Child mortality, commodity price volatility and the resource curse
by Makhlouf, Yousef & Kellard, Neil M. & Vinogradov, Dmitri
- 157-166 The influence of welfare systems on pay-for-performance programs for general practitioners: A critical review
by Ammi, Mehdi & Fortier, Grant
- 167-174 Towards a theoretical model on medicines as a health need
by Vargas-Peláez, Claudia Marcela & Soares, Luciano & Rover, Marina Raijche Mattozo & Blatt, Carine Raquel & Mantel-Teeuwisse, Aukje & Rossi Buenaventura, Francisco Augusto & Restrepo, Luis Guillermo & Latorre, María Cristina & López, José Julián & Bürgin, María Teresa & Silva, Consuelo & Leite, Silvana Nair & Mareni Rocha, Farias
- 175-183 Disability, poverty, and role of the basic livelihood security system on health services utilization among the elderly in South Korea
by Jeon, Boyoung & Noguchi, Haruko & Kwon, Soonman & Ito, Tomoko & Tamiya, Nanako
- 184-195 Structural violence and chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology in Sri Lanka
by de Silva, M.W. Amarasiri & Albert, Steven M. & Jayasekara, J.M.K.B.
- 196-205 Profiles in health: Multiple roles and health lifestyles in early adulthood
by Mize, Trenton D.
- 206-213 Depressive symptomatology and fall risk among community-dwelling older adults
by Hoffman, Geoffrey J. & Hays, Ron D. & Wallace, Steven P. & Shapiro, Martin F. & Ettner, Susan L.
2017, Volume 177, Issue C
- 1-8 Barriers to accessing adequate maternal care in Central and Eastern European countries: A systematic literature review
by Miteniece, Elina & Pavlova, Milena & Rechel, Bernd & Groot, Wim
- 9-18 Street-level diplomacy? Communicative and adaptive work at the front line of implementing public health policies in primary care
by Gale, Nicola & Dowswell, George & Greenfield, Sheila & Marshall, Tom
- 19-26 Untangling the disaster-depression knot: The role of social ties after Deepwater Horizon
by Rung, Ariane L. & Gaston, Symielle & Robinson, William T. & Trapido, Edward J. & Peters, Edward S.
- 27-34 “I don't know how I'm still standing” a Bakhtinian analysis of social housing and health narratives in East London
by Thompson, C. & Lewis, D.J. & Greenhalgh, T. & Smith, N.R. & Fahy, A.E. & Cummins, S.
- 35-42 Early adolescence behavior problems and timing of poverty during childhood: A comparison of lifecourse models
by Mazza, Julia Rachel S.E. & Lambert, Jean & Zunzunegui, Maria Victoria & Tremblay, Richard E. & Boivin, Michel & Côté, Sylvana M.
- 43-51 Identity in a medicine cabinet: Discursive positions of Andean migrants towards their use of herbal remedies in the United Kingdom
by Ceuterick, Melissa & Vandebroek, Ina
- 52-60 International synthesis and case study examination of promising caregiver-friendly workplaces
by Ramesh, Shruti & Ireson, Rachelle & Williams, Allison
- 61-68 Finger Pricks and Blood Vials: How doctors medicalize ‘cultural’ solutions to demedicalize the ‘broken’ hymen in the Netherlands
by Ayuandini, Sherria
- 69-77 Adapting public policy theory for public health research: A framework to understand the development of national policies on global health
by Jones, Catherine M. & Clavier, Carole & Potvin, Louise
- 78-86 Advocacy coalitions involved in California's menu labeling policy debate: Exploring coalition structure, policy beliefs, resources, and strategies
by Payán, Denise D. & Lewis, LaVonna B. & Cousineau, Michael R. & Nichol, Michael B.
- 87-99 Understanding seasonal mobilities, health and wellbeing to Sanya, China
by Kou, Lirong & Xu, Honggang & Hannam, Kevin
- 100-109 Early-life and adult socioeconomic determinants of myocardial infarction incidence and fatality
by Kilpi, Fanny & Silventoinen, Karri & Konttinen, Hanna & Martikainen, Pekka
- 110-117 Poverty and perceived stress: Evidence from two unconditional cash transfer programs in Zambia
by Hjelm, Lisa & Handa, Sudhanshu & de Hoop, Jacobus & Palermo, Tia
- 118-126 Impact of health financing policies in Cambodia: A 20 year experience
by Ensor, Tim & Chhun, Chhim & Kimsun, Ton & McPake, Barbara & Edoka, Ijeoma
- 127-140 Addressing care-seeking as well as insurance-seeking selection biases in estimating the impact of health insurance on out-of-pocket expenditure
by Ali, Shehzad & Cookson, Richard & Dusheiko, Mark
- 141-149 Generating political priority for regulatory interventions targeting obesity prevention: an Australian case study
by Baker, Phillip & Gill, Timothy & Friel, Sharon & Carey, Gemma & Kay, Adrian
- 150-157 Knowledge and power in policy-making for child survival in Niger
by Dalglish, Sarah L. & Rodríguez, Daniela C. & Harouna, Abdoutan & Surkan, Pamela J.
- 158-168 Positive welfare state dynamics? Sickness benefits and sickness absence in Europe 1997–2011
by Sjöberg, Ola
- 169-176 The “Western disease”: Autism and Somali parents' embodied health movements
by Decoteau, Claire Laurier
- 177-189 Public attitudes towards alcohol control policies in Scotland and England: Results from a mixed-methods study
by Li, Jessica & Lovatt, Melanie & Eadie, Douglas & Dobbie, Fiona & Meier, Petra & Holmes, John & Hastings, Gerard & MacKintosh, Anne Marie
- 190-197 Similarities and differences in the meanings children and their parents attach to epilepsy medications
by Webster, Michelle
- 198-204 Perceived discrimination and low back pain among 28,532 workers in South Korea: Effect modification by labor union status
by Lee, Nagyeong & Sung, Hyoju & Kim, Ji-Hwan & Punnett, Laura & Kim, Seung-Sup
- 205-212 Medicaid's lasting impressions: Population health and insurance at birth
by Sohn, Heeju
- 213-222 Intersectionality and risk for ischemic heart disease in Sweden: Categorical and anti-categorical approaches
by Wemrell, Maria & Mulinari, Shai & Merlo, Juan
- 223-230 Urban and non-urban differences in community living and participation among individuals with serious mental illnesses
by Townley, Greg & Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S.
- 231-238 Personal and political histories in the designing of health reform policy in Bolivia
by Bernstein, Alissa
- 239-247 Illuminating the lifecourse of place in the longitudinal study of neighbourhoods and health
by Lekkas, Peter & Paquet, Catherine & Howard, Natasha J. & Daniel, Mark
- 248-255 Reporting bias inflates the reputation of medical treatments: A comparison of outcomes in clinical trials and online product reviews
by de Barra, Mícheál
- 259-268 Enacted abortion stigma in the United States
by Cowan, Sarah K.
- 269-277 Interrupting pathways to sepsis: Effectiveness of an intervention to reduce delays in timely care for sick children in rural Bangladesh
by Aboud, Frances E. & Rahman, Ehsanur & Kassam, Rosemin & Khan, Jasmin & Ali, Nabeel Ashraf & Taleb, Fahmida
- 278-287 Do Hospital Boards matter for better, safer, patient care?
by Mannion, R. & Davies, H.T.O. & Jacobs, R. & Kasteridis, P. & Millar, R. & Freeman, T.
2017, Volume 176, Issue C
- 1-13 Trade liberalization and social determinants of health: A state of the literature review
by McNamara, Courtney
- 14-20 Guilt without fault: A qualitative study into the ethics of forgiveness after traumatic childbirth
by Schrøder, Katja & la Cour, Karen & Jørgensen, Jan Stener & Lamont, Ronald F. & Hvidt, Niels Christian
- 21-24 Son-biased sex ratios in 2010 US Census and 2011–2013 US natality data
by Almond, Douglas & Sun, Yixin
- 25-33 Conceptualisation of the ‘good’ self-manager: A qualitative investigation of stakeholder views on the self-management of long-term health conditions
by Ellis, J. & Boger, E. & Latter, S. & Kennedy, A. & Jones, F. & Foster, C. & Demain, S.
- 34-41 Predictors of decline in IADL functioning among older survivors following the Great East Japan earthquake: A prospective study
by Tsuboya, Toru & Aida, Jun & Hikichi, Hiroyuki & Subramanian, S.V. & Kondo, Katsunori & Osaka, Ken & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 42-51 Hour-glass ceilings: Work-hour thresholds, gendered health inequities
by Dinh, Huong & Strazdins, Lyndall & Welsh, Jennifer
- 52-59 “Life is so easy on ART, once you accept it”: Acceptance, denial and linkage to HIV care in Shiselweni, Swaziland
by Horter, Shona & Thabede, Zanele & Dlamini, Velibanti & Bernays, Sarah & Stringer, Beverley & Mazibuko, Sikhathele & Dube, Lenhle & Rusch, Barbara & Jobanputra, Kiran
- 60-68 The productive techniques and constitutive effects of ‘evidence-based policy’ and ‘consumer participation’ discourses in health policy processes
by Lancaster, K. & Seear, K. & Treloar, C. & Ritter, A.
- 69-76 From wanting to willing – controlled drug use as a treatment goal
by Järvinen, Margaretha
- 77-84 “Too much medicine”: Insights and explanations from economic theory and research
by Hensher, Martin & Tisdell, John & Zimitat, Craig
- 85-92 Community-based participatory research in a heavily researched inner city neighbourhood: Perspectives of people who use drugs on their experiences as peer researchers
by Damon, Will & Callon, Cody & Wiebe, Lee & Small, Will & Kerr, Thomas & McNeil, Ryan
- 93-112 The mental health of Indigenous peoples in Canada: A critical review of research
by Nelson, Sarah E. & Wilson, Kathi
- 113-122 Wasting the doctor's time? A video-elicitation interview study with patients in primary care
by Llanwarne, Nadia & Newbould, Jennifer & Burt, Jenni & Campbell, John L. & Roland, Martin
- 123-132 Assessment of acculturation in minority health research
by Fox, Molly & Thayer, Zaneta & Wadhwa, Pathik D.
- 133-141 Uptake of health insurance and the productive safety net program in rural Ethiopia
by Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 142-148 The resource curse and child mortality, 1961–2011
by Wigley, Simon
- 149-157 Offspring schooling associated with increased parental survival in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by De Neve, Jan-Walter & Harling, Guy
- 158-165 Income, financial barriers to health care and public health expenditure: A multilevel analysis of 28 countries
by Kim, Tae Jun & Vonneilich, Nico & Lüdecke, Daniel & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf
- 166-174 Health in the Tenderloin: A resident-guided study of substance use, treatment, and housing
by Chang, Jamie Suki
- 175-182 Socioeconomic disparities in adolescent substance use: Role of enjoyable alternative substance-free activities
by Andrabi, Nafeesa & Khoddam, Rubin & Leventhal, Adam M.
2017, Volume 175, Issue C
- 1-10 Activity spaces of men who have sex with men: An initial exploration of geographic variation in locations of routine, potential sexual risk, and prevention behaviors
by Vaughan, Adam S. & Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Rosenberg, Eli S. & Sullivan, Patrick S.
- 11-27 Equity in healthcare resource allocation decision making: A systematic review
by Lane, Haylee & Sarkies, Mitchell & Martin, Jennifer & Haines, Terry
- 28-35 The business cycle and mortality: Urban versus rural counties
by Sameem, Sediq & Sylwester, Kevin
- 36-42 Does work-to-family conflict really matter for health? Cross-sectional, prospective cohort and fixed-effects analyses
by Oshio, Takashi & Inoue, Akiomi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi
- 43-51 Poverty dynamics and parental mental health: Determinants of childhood mental health in the UK
by Fitzsimons, Emla & Goodman, Alissa & Kelly, Elaine & Smith, James P.
- 52-57 Socioeconomic factors related to surgical treatment for localized, non-small cell lung cancer
by Jiang, Xiaqing & Lin, Ge & Islam, K.M. Monirul
- 58-65 Relation between social network and psychological distress among middle-aged adults in Japan: Evidence from a national longitudinal survey
by Fu, Rong & Noguchi, Harkuo & Tachikawa, Hirokazu & Aiba, Miyuki & Nakamine, Shin & Kawamura, Akira & Takahashi, Hideto & Tamiya, Nanako
- 66-71 Is it time to talk? Understanding specialty child mental healthcare providers' decisions to engage in interdisciplinary communication with pediatricians
by Reiss, Michael & Greene, Carolyn A. & Ford, Julian D.
- 72-80 Monitoring income-related health differences between regions in Great Britain: A new measure for ordinal health data
by Allanson, Paul
- 81-90 The weight of inequalities: Duration of residence and offspring's birthweight among migrant mothers in Sweden
by Juárez, Sol P. & Hjern, Anders
- 91-98 Negotiating intersex: A case for revising the theory of social diagnosis
by Jenkins, Tania M. & Short, Susan E.
- 99-108 Experience in action: Moderating care in web-based patient feedback
by Ziewitz, Malte
- 109-116 Patient agency and contested notions of disability in social assistance applications in South Africa
by Kelly, Gabrielle
- 117-126 Assessing physician productivity following Norwegian hospital reform: A panel and data envelopment analysis
by Johannessen, Karl Arne & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Hagen, Terje P.
- 127-134 Modelling possible causality in the associations between unemployment, cannabis use, and alcohol misuse
by Boden, Joseph M. & Lee, Jungeun Olivia & Horwood, L. John & Grest, Carolina Villamil & McLeod, Geraldine F.H.
- 135-142 Pappa Ante Portas: The effect of the husband's retirement on the wife's mental health in Japan
by Bertoni, Marco & Brunello, Giorgio
- 143-151 Relations between neighbourhood socioeconomic status and birth outcomes are mediated by maternal weight
by Clayborne, Zahra M. & Giesbrecht, Gerald F. & Bell, Rhonda C. & Tomfohr-Madsen, Lianne M.
- 152-160 Effects of assisted outpatient treatment and health care services on psychotic symptoms
by Schneeberger, Andres R. & Huber, Christian G. & Lang, Undine E. & Muenzenmaier, Kristina H. & Castille, Dorothy & Jaeger, Matthias & Seixas, Azizi & Sowislo, Julia & Link, Bruce G.
- 161-168 Climate change threats to family farmers' sense of place and mental wellbeing: A case study from the Western Australian Wheatbelt
by Ellis, Neville R. & Albrecht, Glenn A.
- 169-176 Between a rock and a hard place: Economic expansion and social responsibility in UK media discourses on the global alcohol industry
by Thornton, Mary & Hawkins, Benjamin
- 177-186 Effects of donor proliferation in development aid for health on health program performance: A conceptual framework
by Pallas, Sarah Wood & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 187-198 How universal is coverage and access to diagnosis and treatment for Chagas disease in Colombia? A health systems analysis
by Cucunubá, Zulma M. & Manne-Goehler, Jennifer M. & Díaz, Diana & Nouvellet, Pierre & Bernal, Oscar & Marchiol, Andrea & Basáñez, María-Gloria & Conteh, Lesong
- 199-208 The threat of home eviction and its effects on health through the equity lens: A systematic review
by Vásquez-Vera, Hugo & Palència, Laia & Magna, Ingrid & Mena, Carlos & Neira, Jaime & Borrell, Carme
- 219-227 Graphic health warnings as activators of social networks: A field experiment among individuals of low socioeconomic position
by Ramanadhan, Shoba & Nagler, Rebekah H. & McCloud, Rachel & Kohler, Racquel & Viswanath, Kasisomayajula
- 228-234 The utility of hair cortisol concentrations in the prediction of PTSD symptoms following traumatic physical injury
by Pacella, Maria L. & Hruska, Bryce & Steudte-Schmiedgen, Susann & George, Richard L. & Delahanty, Douglas L.
- 235-243 “Doing what I do best”: The association between skill utilization and employee health with healthy behavior as a mediator
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Heaney, Catherine A.
- 244-252 Correlational study and randomised controlled trial for understanding and changing red meat consumption: The role of eating identities
by Carfora, V. & Caso, D. & Conner, M.
2017, Volume 174, Issue C
- 1-8 Revealing student nurses' perceptions of human dignity through curriculum co-design
by Munoz, Sarah-Anne & Macaden, Leah & Kyle, Richard & Webster, Elaine
- 9-16 Negotiating the (bio)medical gaze – Experiences of trans-specific healthcare in Sweden
by Linander, Ida & Alm, Erika & Hammarström, Anne & Harryson, Lisa
- 17-25 Disparities in self-rated health across generations and through the life course
by Link, Bruce G. & Susser, Ezra S. & Factor-Litvak, Pam & March, Dana & Kezios, Katrina L. & Lovasi, Gina S. & Rundle, Andrew G. & Suglia, Shakira F. & Fader, Kim M. & Andrews, Howard F. & Johnson, Eileen & Cirillo, Piera M. & Cohn, Barbara A.
- 26-34 Social-structural properties and HIV prevention among young men who have sex with men in the ballroom house and independent gay family communities
by Young, Lindsay E. & Jonas, Adam B. & Michaels, Stuart & Jackson, Joel D. & Pierce, Mario L. & Schneider, John A.
- 35-42 Neutrality in medicine and health professionals from ethnic minority groups: The case of Arab health professionals in Israel
by Keshet, Yael & Popper-Giveon, Ariela
- 43-52 Prescription hypnotics in the news: A study of UK audiences
by Gabe, Jonathan & Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M.
- 53-63 Climate change and epidemics in Chinese history: A multi-scalar analysis
by Lee, Harry F. & Fei, Jie & Chan, Christopher Y.S. & Pei, Qing & Jia, Xin & Yue, Ricci P.H.
- 64-69 Outsourcing cleaning services increases MRSA incidence: Evidence from 126 english acute trusts
by Toffolutti, Veronica & Reeves, Aaron & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 70-78 Promissory identities: Sociotechnical representations & innovation in regenerative medicine
by Gardner, John & Higham, Ruchi & Faulkner, Alex & Webster, Andrew
- 79-85 The making of a population: Challenges, implications, and consequences of the quantification of social difference
by Cruz, Taylor M.
- 89-95 The impact of HTA and procurement practices on the selection and prices of medical devices
by Callea, Giuditta & Armeni, Patrizio & Marsilio, Marta & Jommi, Claudio & Tarricone, Rosanna
- 96-103 Does the relationship between health-related quality of life and subjective well-being change over time? An exploratory study among breast cancer patients
by Tessier, Philippe & Blanchin, Myriam & Sébille, Véronique
- 104-112 Hospitals as complex adaptive systems: A case study of factors influencing priority setting practices at the hospital level in Kenya
by Barasa, Edwine W. & Molyneux, Sassy & English, Mike & Cleary, Susan
- 113-121 Governance of global health research consortia: Sharing sovereignty and resources within Future Health Systems
by Pratt, Bridget & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 122-132 What caused the 2012 dengue outbreak in Pucallpa, Peru? A socio-ecological autopsy
by Charette, Margot & Berrang-Ford, Lea & Llanos-Cuentas, Elmer Alejandro & Cárcamo, César & Kulkarni, Manisha
- 133-141 Parents' experience of unintended childbearing: A qualitative study of factors that mitigate or exacerbate effects
by Kavanaugh, Megan L. & Kost, Kathryn & Frohwirth, Lori & Maddow-Zimet, Isaac & Gor, Vivian
- 142-148 Controlling the unruly maternal body: Losing and gaining control over the body during pregnancy and the postpartum period
by Neiterman, Elena & Fox, Bonnie
- 149-158 Neighborhood age structure and cognitive function in a nationally-representative sample of older adults in the U.S
by Friedman, Esther M. & Shih, Regina A. & Slaughter, Mary E. & Weden, Margaret M. & Cagney, Kathleen A.
- 159-168 Dynamic axes of informed consent in Japan
by Specker Sullivan, Laura
- 169-178 Immigration policies and mental health morbidity among Latinos: A state-level analysis
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Prins, Seth J. & Flake, Morgan & Philbin, Morgan & Frazer, M. Somjen & Hagen, Daniel & Hirsch, Jennifer
- 179-187 The role of physicians in prescribing irrational fixed-dose combination medicines in India
by Bhaskarabhatla, Ajay & Chatterjee, Chirantan
- 188-196 Women's police stations and intimate partner violence: Evidence from Brazil
by Perova, Elizaveta & Reynolds, Sarah Anne
- 197-208 Early-life income inequality and adolescent health and well-being
by Elgar, Frank J. & Gariépy, Geneviève & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Currie, Candace
- 209-212 Associations of baseline depressed mood and happiness with subsequent well-being in cardiac patients
by Craner, Julia & Douglas, Kristin Vickers & Dierkhising, Ross & Hathaway, Julie & Goel, Kashish & Thomas, Randal J.
- 213-219 Time to first cigarette and serum cholesterol levels
by Selya, Arielle S. & Hesse, Naa Dede
- 220-227 The impact of IMF conditionality on government health expenditure: A cross-national analysis of 16 West African nations
by Stubbs, Thomas & Kentikelenis, Alexander & Stuckler, David & McKee, Martin & King, Lawrence
2017, Volume 173, Issue C
- 1-8 Requests for cesarean deliveries: The politics of labor pain and pain relief in Shanghai, China
by Wang, Eileen
- 9-17 Does the proportion of pay linked to performance affect the job satisfaction of general practitioners?
by Allen, Thomas & Whittaker, William & Sutton, Matt
- 18-25 Minding the gap: Subjective relative deprivation and depressive symptoms
by Beshai, Shadi & Mishra, Sandeep & Meadows, Tyler J.S. & Parmar, Priya & Huang, Vivian
- 26-34 And justice for all: Examining corruption as a contextual source of mental illness
by van Deurzen, Ioana
- 35-47 Parental health shocks and schooling: The impact of mutual health insurance in Rwanda
by Woode, Maame Esi
- 48-53 The socioeconomic within-gender gap in informal caregiving among middle-aged women: Evidence from a Japanese nationwide survey
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 54-62 Socioeconomic position, John Henryism, and incidence of acute myocardial infarction in Finnish men
by Mujahid, Mahasin S. & James, Sherman A. & Kaplan, George A. & Salonen, Jukka T.
- 63-71 User preferences and willingness to pay for safe drinking water: Experimental evidence from rural Tanzania
by Burt, Zachary & Njee, Robert M. & Mbatia, Yolanda & Msimbe, Veritas & Brown, Joe & Clasen, Thomas F. & Malebo, Hamisi M. & Ray, Isha
- 72-80 Health effects of informal caregiving across Europe: A longitudinal approach
by Kaschowitz, Judith & Brandt, Martina
- 81-87 “Not there yet”: Examining community support from the perspective of people with dementia and their partners in care
by Herron, R.V. & Rosenberg, M.W.
- 88-95 Social network types among older Korean adults: Associations with subjective health
by Sohn, Sung Yun & Joo, Won-tak & Kim, Woo Jung & Kim, Se Joo & Youm, Yoosik & Kim, Hyeon Chang & Park, Yeong-Ran & Lee, Eun
- 96-103 Optimising the community-based approach to healthcare improvement: Comparative case studies of the clinical community model in practice
by Aveling, Emma-Louise & Martin, Graham & Herbert, Georgia & Armstrong, Natalie
- 110-117 Neighbourly support of people with chronic illness; is it related to neighbourhood social capital?
by Waverijn, Geeke & Heijmans, Monique & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 118-125 Associations between community-level disaster exposure and individual-level changes in disability and risk of death for older Americans
by Brilleman, Samuel L. & Wolfe, Rory & Moreno-Betancur, Margarita & Sales, Anne E. & Langa, Kenneth M. & Li, Yun & Daugherty Biddison, Elizabeth L. & Rubinson, Lewis & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 126-133 The role of sleep problems in the relationship between peer victimization and antisocial behavior: A five-year longitudinal study
by Chang, Ling-Yin & Wu, Wen-Chi & Wu, Chi-Chen & Lin, Linen Nymphas & Yen, Lee-Lan & Chang, Hsing-Yi
2017, Volume 172, Issue C
- 1-9 Constructing embodied identity in a ‘new’ ageing population: A qualitative study of the pioneer cohort of childhood liver transplant recipients in the UK
by Lowton, Karen & Hiley, Chris & Higgs, Paul
- 10-18 A network approach to policy framing: A case study of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan
by Browne, Jennifer & de Leeuw, Evelyne & Gleeson, Deborah & Adams, Karen & Atkinson, Petah & Hayes, Rick
- 21-27 Is trade liberalisation a vector for the spread of sugar-sweetened beverages? A cross-national longitudinal analysis of 44 low- and middle-income countries
by Mendez Lopez, Ana & Loopstra, Rachel & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 28-36 Reconciling community-based Indigenous research and academic practices: Knowing principles is not always enough
by Morton Ninomiya, Melody E. & Pollock, Nathaniel J.
- 37-45 Food and beverage product reformulation as a corporate political strategy
by Scott, C. & Hawkins, B. & Knai, C.
- 46-55 Universal health coverage at the macro level: Synthetic control evidence from Thailand
by Rieger, Matthias & Wagner, Natascha & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 56-63 Neighborhood social stressors, fine particulate matter air pollution, and cognitive function among older U.S. adults
by Ailshire, Jennifer & Karraker, Amelia & Clarke, Philippa
- 64-71 Two approaches, one problem: Cultural constructions of type II diabetes in an indigenous community in Yucatán, Mexico
by Frank, Sarah M. & Durden, T. Elizabeth
- 72-79 Common or multiple futures for end of life care around the world? Ideas from the ‘waiting room of history’
by Zaman, Shahaduz & Inbadas, Hamilton & Whitelaw, Alexander & Clark, David
- 80-88 How do individuals value health states? A qualitative investigation
by Karimi, M. & Brazier, J. & Paisley, S.
- 89-97 Public health and public trust: Survey evidence from the Ebola Virus Disease epidemic in Liberia
by Blair, Robert A. & Morse, Benjamin S. & Tsai, Lily L.
- 98-106 Your money or your time? How both types of scarcity matter to physical activity and healthy eating
by Venn, Danielle & Strazdins, Lyndall
- 107-114 Cancer patients' experiences with nature: Normalizing dichotomous realities
by Blaschke, Sarah & O'Callaghan, Clare C. & Schofield, Penelope & Salander, Pär
- 115-123 Distinguishing hypothetical willingness from behavioral intentions to initiate HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP): Findings from a large cohort of gay and bisexual men in the U.S
by Rendina, H. Jonathon & Whitfield, Thomas H.F. & Grov, Christian & Starks, Tyrel J. & Parsons, Jeffrey T.