Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
2019, Volume 220, Issue C
- 1-11 Intersectionality and depression in adolescence and early adulthood: A MAIHDA analysis of the national longitudinal study of adolescent to adult health, 1995–2008
by Evans, Clare R. & Erickson, Natasha
- 12-21 Community hygiene norm violators are consistently stigmatized: Evidence from four global sites and implications for sanitation interventions
by Brewis, Alexandra & Wutich, Amber & du Bray, Margaret V. & Maupin, Jonathan & Schuster, Roseanne C. & Gervais, Matthew M.
- 22-30 Resilience capacities of health systems: Accommodating the needs of Palestinian refugees from Syria
by Alameddine, M. & Fouad, Fouad M. & Diaconu, K. & Jamal, Z. & Lough, G. & Witter, S. & Ager, A.
- 31-40 Advocacy coalition impacts on healthy public policy-oriented learning in Alberta, Canada (2009–2016): A difference-in-differences analysis
by Nykiforuk, Candace I.J. & McGetrick, Jennifer Ann & Raine, Kim D. & Wild, T. Cameron
- 41-48 You're worth what you eat: Adolescent beliefs about healthy eating, morality and socioeconomic status
by Fielding-Singh, Priya
- 49-55 Stratified citizenship, stratified health: Examining latinx legal status in the U.S. healthcare safety net
by Van Natta, Meredith & Burke, Nancy J. & Yen, Irene H. & Fleming, Mark D. & Hanssmann, Christoph L. & Rasidjan, Maryani Palupy & Shim, Janet K.
- 56-64 Male infants and birth complications are associated with increased incidence of postnatal depression
by Myers, Sarah & Johns, Sarah E.
- 65-72 Parental warmth and flourishing in mid-life
by Chen, Ying & Kubzansky, Laura D. & VanderWeele, Tyler J.
- 73-80 France's citizen consultation on vaccination and the challenges of participatory democracy in health
by Ward, Jeremy K. & Cafiero, Florian & Fretigny, Raphael & Colgrove, James & Seror, Valérie
- 81-101 Use of social network analysis in the development, dissemination, implementation, and sustainability of health behavior interventions for adults: A systematic review
by Shelton, Rachel C. & Lee, Matthew & Brotzman, Laura E. & Crookes, Danielle M. & Jandorf, Lina & Erwin, Deborah & Gage-Bouchard, Elizabeth A.
- 102-111 Can information increase the understanding and uptake of insurance? Lessons from a randomized experiment in rural Burkina Faso
by Bocoum, Fadima & Grimm, Michael & Hartwig, Renate & Zongo, Nathalie
- 112-119 The impact of Ethiopia's pilot community based health insurance scheme on healthcare utilization and cost of care
by Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Abebaw, Degnet & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 120-128 The effect of school sports facilities on physical activity, health and socioeconomic status in adulthood
by Black, Nicole & Johnston, David W. & Propper, Carol & Shields, Michael A.
- 129-140 Testosterone, risk, and socioeconomic position in British men: Exploring causal directionality
by Hughes, Amanda & Kumari, Meena
- 141-149 How can we evaluate the cost-effectiveness of health system strengthening? A typology and illustrations
by Hauck, K. & Morton, A. & Chalkidou, K. & Chi, Y-Ling & Culyer, A. & Levin, C. & Meacock, R. & Over, M. & Thomas, R. & Vassall, A. & Verguet, S. & Smith, P.C.
- 150-158 Cancer risk in socially marginalised women: An exploratory study
by Hanson, Sarah & Gilbert, Duncan & Landy, Rebecca & Okoli, Grace & Guell, Cornelia
- 159-166 Education system stratification and health complaints among school-aged children
by Högberg, Björn & Strandh, Mattias & Petersen, Solveig & Johansson, Klara
- 167-175 The effect of group involvement on post-disaster mental health: A longitudinal multilevel analysis
by Gallagher, H. Colin & Block, Karen & Gibbs, Lisa & Forbes, David & Lusher, Dean & Molyneaux, Robyn & Richardson, John & Pattison, Philippa & MacDougall, Colin & Bryant, Richard A.
- 176-183 The application of ‘valence’ to the idea of household food insecurity in Canada
by McIntyre, Lynn & Patterson, Patrick B. & Mah, Catherine L.
- 184-192 Online comments about psychiatric neurosurgery and psychopharmacological interventions: Public perceptions and concerns
by Cabrera, Laura Y. & Brandt, Marisa & McKenzie, Rachel & Bluhm, Robyn
- 193-202 Self-reported versus GPS-derived indicators of daily mobility in a sample of healthy older adults
by Fillekes, Michelle Pasquale & Röcke, Christina & Katana, Marko & Weibel, Robert
- 203-211 SNAP benefits and childhood asthma
by Heflin, Colleen & Arteaga, Irma & Hodges, Leslie & Ndashiyme, Jean Felix & Rabbitt, Matthew P.
- 212-218 Revisiting ‘awareness contexts’ in the 21st century hospital: How fragmented and specialized care shape patients' Awareness of Dying
by Stacey, Clare L. & Pai, Manacy & Novisky, Meghan A. & Radwany, Steven M.
- 219-225 Hearing loss, family status and mortality – Findings from the HUNT study, Norway
by Engdahl, Bo & Idstad, Mariann & Skirbekk, Vegard
- 226-235 How neighborhoods matter in fatal interactions between police and men of color
by Johnson, Odis & St. Vil, Christopher & Gilbert, Keon L. & Goodman, Melody & Johnson, Cassandra Arroyo
- 236-244 Enabling local public health adaptation to climate change
by Austin, Stephanie E. & Ford, James D. & Berrang-Ford, Lea & Biesbroek, Robbert & Ross, Nancy A.
- 245-253 Aging well in an aging world: The impact of material conditions, culture, and societal disruptions
by Peterson, Lindsey & Ralston, Margaret
- 254-263 An investigation of the effect of accessibility to General Practitioner services on healthcare utilisation among older people
by Mohan, Gretta & Nolan, Anne & Lyons, Seán
- 264-272 “So that's why I'm scared of these methods”: Locating contraceptive side effects in embodied life circumstances in Burundi and eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo
by Schwarz, Joëlle & Dumbaugh, Mari & Bapolisi, Wyvine & Ndorere, Marie Souavis & Mwamini, Marie-Chantale & Bisimwa, Ghislain & Merten, Sonja
- 273-282 Agents and spectres: Life-space on a medium secure forensic psychiatric unit
by Reavey, P. & Brown, S.D. & Kanyeredzi, A. & McGrath, L. & Tucker, I.
- 283-291 Politics, economics, how about our health? Impacts of large-scale land acquisitions on therapeutic spaces and wellbeing in coastal Tanzania
by Atuoye, Kilian Nasung & Luginaah, Isaac & Hambati, Herbert & Campbell, Gwyn
- 292-300 Measuring management practices in India's district public health bureaucracy
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Purohit, Bhaskar & Saxena, Deepak & Golechha, Mahaveer & Fabbri, Camilla & Ganguly, Partha Sarthi & Hanson, Kara
- 301-311 Proximity effects in obesity rates in the US: A Spatial Markov Chains approach
by Agovino, Massimiliano & Crociata, Alessandro & Sacco, Pier Luigi
- 312-321 How a woman's interpersonal relationships can delay care-seeking and access during the maternity period in rural Zambia: An intersection of the Social Ecological Model with the Three Delays Framework
by Kaiser, Jeanette L. & Fong, Rachel M. & Hamer, Davidson H. & Biemba, Godfrey & Ngoma, Thandiwe & Tusing, Brittany & Scott, Nancy A.
- 322-330 Mobility and sex work: why, where, when? A typology of female-sex-worker mobility in Zimbabwe
by Davey, Calum & Dirawo, Jeffrey & Mushati, Phillis & Magutshwa, Sitholubuhle & Hargreaves, James R. & Cowan, Frances M.
- 331-339 Perspectives on female genital cutting among immigrant women and men in Boston
by Shahawy, S. & Amanuel, H. & Nour, N.M.
- 340-352 A spatial analysis of health status in Britain, 1991–2011
by Dearden, Emily K. & Lloyd, Christopher D. & Catney, Gemma
- 353-361 A framework for conducting economic evaluations alongside natural experiments
by Deidda, Manuela & Geue, Claudia & Kreif, Noemi & Dundas, Ruth & McIntosh, Emma
- 362-370 The impact of pharmaceutical tendering on prices and market concentration in South Africa over a 14-year period
by Wouters, Olivier J. & Sandberg, Dale M. & Pillay, Anban & Kanavos, Panos G.
- 371-378 Trajectories of family poverty and children's mental health: Results from the Danish National Birth Cohort
by Pryor, Laura & Strandberg-Larsen, Katrine & Nybo Andersen, Anne-Marie & Hulvej Rod, Naja & Melchior, Maria
- 379-386 Longer schooling but not better off? A quasi-experimental study of the effect of compulsory schooling on biomarkers in France
by Courtin, Emilie & Nafilyan, Vahe & Avendano, Mauricio & Meneton, Pierre & Berkman, Lisa F. & Goldberg, Marcel & Zins, Marie & Dowd, Jennifer B.
- 387-395 Economic growth and mental health in 21st century China
by Wang, Qing & Tapia Granados, José A.
- 396-402 Australian women's cervical cancer screening attendance as a function of screening barriers and facilitators
by Brown, Rhonda Frances & Muller, Tanya Rebecca & Olsen, Anna
- 403-410 The association between economic uncertainty and suicide in the short-run
by Vandoros, Sotiris & Avendano, Mauricio & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 411-420 Does money relieve depression? Evidence from social pension expansions in China
by Chen, Xi & Wang, Tianyu & Busch, Susan H.
- 421-429 Social capital and having a regular family doctor: Evidence from longitudinal data
by Bataineh, Hana & Devlin, Rose Anne & Barham, Vicky
- 430-439 The role of powerful audiences in health information avoidance
by Lipsey, Nikolette P. & Shepperd, James A.
- 441-449 Between orchestrated and organic: Accountability for loss and the moral landscape of childbearing in Malawi
by de Kok, B.C.
2018, Volume 219, Issue C
- 1-10 Migration and depression: A cross-national comparison of Mexicans in sending communities and Durham, NC
by Gutierrez-Vazquez, Edith & Flippen, Chenoa & Parrado, Emilio
- 11-18 Beyond fatalism: Information overload as a mechanism to understand health disparities
by Ramírez, A. Susana & Arellano Carmona, Kimberly
- 19-29 Tracking the Werther Effect on social media: Emotional responses to prominent suicide deaths on twitter and subsequent increases in suicide
by Fahey, Robert A. & Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Ueda, Michiko
- 30-35 The relationship between social capital and self-rated health: A gendered analysis of 17 European countries
by Pinillos-Franco, Sara & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 36-44 Epistemic struggles: The role of advocacy in promoting epistemic justice and rights in mental health
by Newbigging, Karen & Ridley, Julie
- 45-53 Professionalism lapses and hierarchies: A qualitative analysis of medical students' narrated acts of resistance
by Shaw, Malissa Kay & Rees, Charlotte E. & Andersen, Nina Bjerre & Black, Lori Faye & Monrouxe, Lynn V.
- 54-60 Are you better off? Perceptions of social mobility and satisfaction with care among Latina immigrants in the U.S
by Mendoza, Sonia & Armbrister, Adria N. & Abraído-Lanza, Ana F.
- 61-69 Distribution and disavowal: Managing the parental stigma of Children's weight and weight loss
by Davis, Jenny L. & Goar, Carla & Manago, Bianca & Reidinger, Bobbi
- 70-77 Managing type 1 diabetes in the context of work life: A matter of containment
by Hansen, Ulla Møller & Cleal, Bryan & Willaing, Ingrid & Tjørnhøj-Thomsen, Tine
- 78-86 Depression in a depressed area: Deservingness, mental illness, and treatment in the contemporary rural U.S
by Snell-Rood, Claire & Carpenter-Song, Elizabeth
2018, Volume 218, Issue C
- 1-12 Communicating quantitative evidence of policy effectiveness and support for the policy: Three experimental studies
by Reynolds, J.P. & Pilling, M. & Marteau, T.M.
- 13-20 Clinical forecasting: Towards a sociology of prognosis
by Timmermans, Stefan & Stivers, Tanya
- 21-27 Understanding barriers to health care access through cultural safety and ethical space: Indigenous people's experiences in Prince George, Canada
by Nelson, Sarah E. & Wilson, Kathi
- 28-36 Biographical suspension and liminality of Self in accounts of severe sciatica
by Saunders, Benjamin & Bartlam, Bernadette & Artus, Majid & Konstantinou, Kika
- 37-44 Personal subjectivity in clinician discussion about retirement from sport post-concussion
by Kroshus, Emily & Baugh, Christine M. & Meehan, William P. & Viswanath, Kasisomayajula
- 45-51 Conversations about pictorial cigarette pack warnings: Theoretical mechanisms of influence
by Morgan, Jennifer C. & Golden, Shelley D. & Noar, Seth M. & Ribisl, Kurt M. & Southwell, Brian G. & Jeong, Michelle & Hall, Marissa G. & Brewer, Noel T.
- 52-61 Avoiding a "big" baby: Local perceptions and social responses toward childbirth-related complications in Menabe, Madagascar
by Pourette, Dolorès & Pierlovisi, Carole & Randriantsara, Ranjatiana & Rakotomanana, Elliot & Mattern, Chiarella
- 62-68 Does genetic risk for common adult diseases influence reproductive plans? Evidence from a national survey experiment in the United States
by Pinar, Candas & Almeling, Rene & Gadarian, Shana Kushner
- 69-81 The co-construction of medical disposals in emergency medicine consultations
by Stevenson, Fiona & Pelletier, Caroline & Gibson, William & Park, Sophie & Chrysikou, Vasilki
2018, Volume 217, Issue C
- 1-9 Rhetorical and regulatory boundary-work: The case of medical cannabis policy-making in Israel
by Zarhin, Dana & Negev, Maya & Vulfsons, Simon & Sznitman, Sharon R.
- 10-17 Evaluation of a teacher-led, life-skills intervention for secondary school students in Uganda
by McMullen, John D. & McMullen, Nadia
- 18-30 Richer, wiser and in better health? The socioeconomic gradient in hypertension prevalence, unawareness and control in South Africa
by Thomas, Ranjeeta & Burger, Ronelle & Hauck, Katharina
- 32-41 The effect of affordable daycare on women's mental health: Evidence from a cluster randomized trial in rural India
by Richardson, Robin A. & Harper, Sam & Schmitz, Norbert & Nandi, Arijit
- 45-54 Neighborhood effects on body mass: Temporal and spatial dimensions
by Yang, Tse-Chuan & South, Scott J.
- 55-64 An analysis of the nutrition status of neighboring Indigenous and non-Indigenous populations in Kanungu District, southwestern Uganda: Close proximity, distant health realities
by Sauer, Jeffery & Berrang-Ford, Lea & Patterson, Kaitlin & Donnelly, Blanaid & Lwasa, Shuaib & Namanya, Didas & Zavaleta, Carol & Ford, James & Harper, Sherilee
- 65-72 Association between family members and risk of postpartum depression in Japan: Does “who they live with” matter? -The Japan environment and Children's study
by Honjo, Kaori & Kimura, Takashi & Baba, Sachiko & Ikehara, Satoyo & Kitano, Naomi & Sato, Takuyo & Iso, Hiroyasu
- 73-83 The effect of job loss on pharmaceutical prescriptions
by Rocco, Lorenzo & Crema, Angela & Simonato, Lorenzo & Cestari, Laura
- 84-91 Long-term effects of disaster on depressive symptoms: Type of exposure matters
by Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Heid, Allison R. & Pruchno, Rachel
- 92-96 Prenatal exposure to air pollution and intergenerational economic mobility: Evidence from U.S. county birth cohorts
by O'Brien, Rourke L. & Neman, Tiffany & Rudolph, Kara & Casey, Joan & Venkataramani, Atheendar
- 97-105 Before the here and now: What we can learn from variation in spatiotemporal patterns of changing heart disease mortality by age group, time period, and birth cohort
by Vaughan, Adam S. & Schieb, Linda & Quick, Harrison & Kramer, Michael R. & Casper, Michele
- 106-111 Substance abuse in parents and subsequent risk of offspring psychiatric morbidity in late adolescence and early adulthood: A longitudinal analysis of siblings and their parents
by Martikainen, Pekka & Korhonen, Kaarina & Moustgaard, Heta & Aaltonen, Mikko & Remes, Hanna
- 112-120 Unexpected death in ill old age: An analysis of disadvantaged dying in the English old population
by Teggi, Diana
- 121-134 Exploring the relationship between sanitation and mental and social well-being: A systematic review and qualitative synthesis
by Sclar, G.D. & Penakalapati, G. & Caruso, B.A. & Rehfuess, E.A. & Garn, J.V. & Alexander, K.T. & Freeman, M.C. & Boisson, S. & Medlicott, K. & Clasen, T.
- 135-151 The impact of publicly subsidised health insurance on access, behavioural risk factors and disease management
by Miraldo, Marisa & Propper, Carol & Williams, Rachael I.
- 152-158 Health of parents of individuals with developmental disorders or mental health problems: Impacts of stigma
by Song, Jieun & Mailick, Marsha R. & Greenberg, Jan S.
2018, Volume 216, Issue C
- 1-9 The past is prologue? The long arc of childhood trauma in a multigenerational study of teen mothering
by SmithBattle, Lee
- 10-19 Constraints to healthcare access among commercial fishers
by Turner, Rachel A. & Szaboova, Lucy & Williams, Gwynedd
- 20-25 Equity of a government subsidised exercise referral scheme: A population study
by Craike, Melinda & Wiesner, Glen & Enticott, Joanne & Bennie, Jason A. & Biddle, Stuart J.H.
- 26-32 Combining task shifting and community-based care to improve maternal health: Practical approaches and patient perceptions
by Hosler, Jennifer J.F. & Abrams, Jasmine A. & Godsay, Surbhi
- 33-40 Parallel worlds: An ethnography of care in an Afghan maternity hospital
by Arnold, Rachel & van Teijlingen, Edwin & Ryan, Kath & Holloway, Immy
- 41-49 Public/private ownership and quality of care: Evidence from Danish nursing homes
by Hjelmar, Ulf & Bhatti, Yosef & Petersen, Ole Helby & Rostgaard, Tine & Vrangbæk, Karsten
- 50-58 Heterogeneous effects of patient choice and hospital competition on mortality
by Moscelli, Giuseppe & Gravelle, Hugh & Siciliani, Luigi & Santos, Rita
- 59-66 Work environment mediates a large part of social inequalities in the incidence of several common cardiovascular risk factors: Findings from the Gazel cohort
by Meneton, Pierre & Hoertel, Nicolas & Wiernik, Emmanuel & Lemogne, Cédric & Ribet, Céline & Bonenfant, Sébastien & Ménard, Joël & Goldberg, Marcel & Zins, Marie
- 67-73 Narratives of recovery after floods: Mental health, institutions, and intervention
by Butler, Catherine & Walker-Springett, Kate & Adger, W. Neil
- 74-80 ‘Recurrent losers unite’: Online forums, evidence-based activism, and pregnancy loss
by Kuchinskaya, Olga & Parker, Lisa S.
- 81-87 Watch for motorcycles! The effects of texting and handheld bans on motorcyclist fatalities
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin
- 88-96 Parental recognition of preadolescent mental health problems: Does stigma matter?
by Villatoro, Alice P. & DuPont-Reyes, Melissa J. & Phelan, Jo C. & Painter, Kirstin & Link, Bruce G.
- 97-106 Political cycles in physician employment: A case of Japanese local public hospitals
by Takaku, Reo & Bessho, Shun-ichiro
- 107-113 Social support and chronic disease management among older adults of Mexican heritage: A U.S.-Mexico perspective
by Bustamante, Arturo Vargas & Vilar-Compte, Mireya & Ochoa Lagunas, Adriana
- 114-123 Racial discrimination and leukocyte glucocorticoid sensitivity: Implications for birth timing
by Gillespie, Shannon L. & Anderson, Cindy M.
- 124-132 Connection, meaning, and distraction: A qualitative study of video game play and mental health recovery in veterans treated for mental and/or behavioral health problems
by Colder Carras, Michelle & Kalbarczyk, Anna & Wells, Kurrie & Banks, Jaime & Kowert, Rachel & Gillespie, Colleen & Latkin, Carl
- 133-141 Adolescents' multiple and individual risk behaviors: Examining the link with excessive sugar consumption across 26 industrialized countries
by Bruckauf, Zlata & Walsh, Sophie D.
2018, Volume 215, Issue C
- 1-6 Family socioeconomic status and maternal depressive symptoms: Mediation through household food insecurity across five years
by Wu, Qiong & Harwood, Robin L. & Feng, Xin
- 7-15 Measuring income for catastrophic cost estimates: Limitations and policy implications of current approaches
by Sweeney, Sedona & Mukora, Rachel & Candfield, Sophie & Guinness, Lorna & Grant, Alison D. & Vassall, Anna
- 16-22 Forecasting and foreclosing futures: The temporal dissonance of advance care directives
by Zivkovic, Tanya
- 23-27 An experimental investigation into the transmission of antivax attitudes using a fictional health controversy
by Jiménez, Ángel V. & Stubbersfield, Joseph M. & Tehrani, Jamshid J.
- 28-35 Policy, paperwork and ‘postographs’: Global indicators and maternity care documentation in rural Burkina Faso
by Melberg, Andrea & Diallo, Abdoulaye Hama & Storeng, Katerini T. & Tylleskär, Thorkild & Moland, Karen Marie
- 36-44 Digitized patient–provider interaction: How does it matter? A qualitative meta-synthesis
by Andreassen, Hege K. & Dyb, Kari & May, Carl R. & Pope, Catherine J. & Warth, Line L.
- 45-52 Mass incarceration, race inequality, and health: Expanding concepts and assessing impacts on well-being
by Blankenship, Kim M. & del Rio Gonzalez, Ana Maria & Keene, Danya E. & Groves, Allison K. & Rosenberg, Alana P.
- 53-60 A life in waiting: Refugees' mental health and narratives of social suffering after European Union border closures in March 2016
by Bjertrup, Pia Juul & Bouhenia, Malika & Mayaud, Philippe & Perrin, Clément & Ben Farhat, Jihane & Blanchet, Karl
- 61-68 “We were on our own”: Mothers' experiences navigating the fragmented system of professional care for autism
by Brewer, Alexandra
- 69-79 Adolescents in crisis: A geographic exploration of help-seeking behavior using data from Crisis Text Line
by Thompson, Laura K. & Sugg, Margaret M. & Runkle, Jennifer R.
- 80-91 The complexities and contradictions in participatory research with vulnerable children and young people: A qualitative systematic review
by Bradbury-Jones, Caroline & Isham, Louise & Taylor, Julie
- 92-97 Investigating inequities in hospital care among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals using social media
by Hswen, Yulin & Sewalk, Kara C. & Alsentzer, Emily & Tuli, Gaurav & Brownstein, John S. & Hawkins, Jared B.
- 98-106 Attitudes toward alcohol use during pregnancy among women recruited from alcohol-serving venues in Cape Town, South Africa: A mixed-methods study
by Fletcher, Olivia V. & May, Philip A. & Seedat, Soraya & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Watt, Melissa H.
- 107-114 Gender and the language of pain in chronic and terminal illness: A corpus-based discourse analysis of patients' narratives
by Jaworska, Sylvia & Ryan, Kath
- 115-122 Inequality and health among foreign-born latinos in rural borderland communities
by Cheney, Ann M. & Newkirk, Christine & Rodriguez, Katheryn & Montez, Anselmo
- 123-132 Validation of a new continuous geographic isolation scale: A tool for rural health disparities research
by Doogan, Nathan J. & Roberts, Megan E. & Wewers, Mary Ellen & Tanenbaum, Erin R. & Mumford, Elizabeth A. & Stillman, Frances A.
- 133-141 Ambivalence in digital health: Co-designing an mHealth platform for HIV care
by Marent, Benjamin & Henwood, Flis & Darking, Mary
- 142-150 Sociocultural dynamics that influence Chagas disease health care in Colombia
by Martínez-Parra, Adriana Gisela & Pinilla-Alfonso, Maria Yaneth & Abadía-Barrero, César Ernesto
- 152-159 “We've all had patients who've died …”: Narratives of emotion and ideals of competence among junior doctors
by Crowe, Sophie & Brugha, Ruairi
2018, Volume 214, Issue C
- 1-11 A tale of two Harlems: Gentrification, social capital, and implications for aging in place
by Versey, H. Shellae
- 12-19 The impact of different types of informal caregiving on cognitive functioning of older caregivers: Evidence from a longitudinal, population-based study in Germany
by Zwar, Larissa & König, Hans-Helmut & Hajek, André
- 20-25 Current and past depressive symptoms and contraceptive effectiveness level method selected among women seeking reproductive health services
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Adler, Nancy E. & Thompson, Kirsten M. & Westhoff, Carolyn & Harper, Cynthia C.
- 26-34 “Without any indication”: stigma and a hidden curriculum within medical students' discussion of elective abortion
by Smith, Benjamin Elliot Yelnosky & Bartz, Deborah & Goldberg, Alisa B. & Janiak, Elizabeth
- 35-40 Experiences of weightism among sexual minority men: Relationships with Body Mass Index, body dissatisfaction, and psychological quality of life
by Griffiths, Scott & Brennan, Leah & O'Gorman, Beth & Goedel, William C. & Sheffield, Jeanie & Bastian, Brock & Barlow, Fiona Kate
- 41-48 Is the relationship between subjective age, depressive symptoms and activities of daily living bidirectional?
by Rippon, Isla & Steptoe, Andrew
- 57-66 Does spirituality reduce the impact of somatic symptoms on distress in cancer patients? Cross-sectional and longitudinal findings
by Visser, Anja & de Jager Meezenbroek, Eltica C. & Garssen, Bert
- 70-82 The effect of unstable housing on HIV treatment biomarkers: An instrumental variables approach
by Galárraga, Omar & Rana, Aadia & Rahman, Momotazur & Cohen, Mardge & Adimora, Adaora A. & Sosanya, Oluwakemi & Holman, Susan & Kassaye, Seble & Milam, Joel & Cohen, Jennifer & Golub, Elizabeth T. & Metsch, Lisa R. & Kempf, Mirjam-Colette
- 83-90 ‘When I don't have money to buy the drugs, I just manage.’—Exploring the lived experience of persons with physical disabilities in accessing primary health care services in rural Ghana
by Dassah, Ebenezer & Aldersey, Heather M. & McColl, Mary Ann & Davison, Colleen
- 91-98 Narrative storytelling as mental health support for women experiencing gender-based violence in Afghanistan
by Mannell, Jenevieve & Ahmad, Lida & Ahmad, Ayesha
- 99-109 Crises and mortality: Does the level of unemployment matter?
by Laliotis, Ioannis & Stavropoulou, Charitini
- 110-117 Marital infidelity, food insecurity, and couple instability: A web of challenges for dyadic coordination around antiretroviral therapy
by Conroy, Amy A. & McKenna, Stacey A. & Comfort, Megan L. & Darbes, Lynae A. & Tan, Judy Y. & Mkandawire, James
- 125-132 Preference heterogeneity with respect to whole genome sequencing. A discrete choice experiment among parents of children with rare genetic diseases
by Peyron, Christine & Pélissier, Aurore & Béjean, Sophie
- 133-143 Mental health and the jilted generation: Using age-period-cohort analysis to assess differential trends in young people's mental health following the Great Recession and austerity in England
by Thomson, Rachel M. & Katikireddi, Srinivasa Vittal
- 144-153 Risk attitudes of people with ‘manageable’ chronic disease: An analysis under prospect theory
by Rouyard, Thomas & Attema, Arthur & Baskerville, Richard & Leal, José & Gray, Alastair
- 154-161 Positive mental health and supportive school environments: A population-level longitudinal study of dispositional optimism and school relationships in early adolescence
by Oberle, Eva & Guhn, Martin & Gadermann, Anne M. & Thomson, Kimberly & Schonert-Reichl, Kimberly A.
- 171-178 How might neighborhood built environment influence child maltreatment? Caregiver perceptions
by Haas, Bridget M. & Berg, Kristen A. & Schmidt-Sane, Megan M. & Korbin, Jill E. & Spilsbury, James C.
- 179-186 The impact of intergenerational financial transfers on health and wellbeing outcomes: A longitudinal study
by Ong, Rachel & Nguyen, Toan & Kendall, Garth
- 187-196 Parents who exit and parents who enter. Family structure transitions, child psychological health, and early drinking
by Pasqualini, M. & Lanari, D. & Pieroni, L.
- 197-205 Do rural incentives payments affect entries and exits of general practitioners?
by Yong, Jongsay & Scott, Anthony & Gravelle, Hugh & Sivey, Peter & McGrail, Matthew
- 206-213 Varied patterns of catch-up in child growth: Evidence from Young Lives
by Anand, Paul & Behrman, Jere R. & Dang, Hai-Anh H. & Jones, Sam
2018, Volume 213, Issue C
- 1-11 Frailty in older-age European migrants: Cross-sectional and longitudinal analyses of the Survey of Health, Aging and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)
by Walkden, G.J. & Anderson, E.L. & Vink, M.P. & Tilling, K. & Howe, L.D. & Ben-Shlomo, Y.
- 12-19 Healthy behaviours and productive activities among Thai older adults: A repeated cross-sectional analysis
by Witvorapong, Nopphol
- 20-27 It's the mother!: How assumptions about the causal primacy of maternal effects influence research on the developmental origins of health and disease
by Sharp, Gemma C. & Lawlor, Deborah A. & Richardson, Sarah S.
- 28-36 Adaptations of the evidence-based Transitional Care Model in the U.S
by Naylor, Mary D. & Hirschman, Karen B. & Toles, Mark P. & Jarrín, Olga F. & Shaid, Elizabeth & Pauly, Mark V.
- 37-44 Pathogenic or health-promoting? How food is framed in healthy living media for women
by Rodney, Alexandra
- 45-53 Towards an integrated framework for understanding the links between inequalities and wellbeing of places in low and middle income countries
by Kangmennaang, Joseph & Elliott, Susan J.
- 54-62 Just relax and you'll get pregnant? Meta-analysis examining women's emotional distress and the outcome of assisted reproductive technology
by Nicoloro-SantaBarbara, Jennifer & Busso, Cheyanne & Moyer, Anne & Lobel, Marci
- 63-71 Education is the antidote: Individual- and community-level effects of maternal education on child immunizations in Nigeria
by Burroway, Rebekah & Hargrove, Andrew
- 72-84 Why do people living with HIV not initiate treatment? A systematic review of qualitative evidence from low- and middle-income countries
by Ahmed, Shahira & Autrey, Jessica & Katz, Ingrid T. & Fox, Matthew P. & Rosen, Sydney & Onoya, Dorina & Bärnighausen, Till & Mayer, Kenneth H. & Bor, Jacob
- 85-94 The reasoned action approach applied to health behavior: Role of past behavior and tests of some key moderators using meta-analytic structural equation modeling
by Hagger, Martin S. & Polet, Juho & Lintunen, Taru
- 98-105 Policing the profession? Regulatory reform, restratification and the emergence of Responsible Officers as a new locus of power in UK medicine
by Bryce, Marie & Luscombe, Kayleigh & Boyd, Alan & Tazzyman, Abigail & Tredinnick-Rowe, John & Walshe, Kieran & Archer, Julian
- 106-122 Community participation in general health initiatives in high and upper-middle income countries: A systematic review exploring the nature of participation, use of theories, contextual drivers and power relations in community participation
by Hoon Chuah, Fiona Leh & Srivastava, Aastha & Singh, Shweta Rajkumar & Haldane, Victoria & Huat Koh, Gerald Choon & Seng, Chia Kee & McCoy, David & Legido-Quigley, Helena
- 123-133 The developmental origins of health and disease in international perspective
by Haas, Steven A. & Oi, Katsuya
- 134-145 Inequality in access to health care, health insurance and the role of supply factors
by Johar, Meliyanni & Soewondo, Prastuti & Pujisubekti, Retno & Satrio, Harsa Kunthara & Adji, Ardi
- 146-153 Between empowerment and self-discipline: Governing patients' conduct through technological self-care
by Petrakaki, Dimitra & Hilberg, Eva & Waring, Justin
- 154-164 Using path analysis to investigate the relationships between standardized instruments that measure health-related quality of life, capability wellbeing and subjective wellbeing: An application in the context of spinal cord injury
by Engel, Lidia & Bryan, Stirling & Noonan, Vanessa K. & Whitehurst, David G.T.
- 165-172 Why smokers avoid cigarette pack risk messages: Two randomized clinical trials in the United States
by Hall, Marissa G. & Mendel, Jennifer R. & Noar, Seth M. & Brewer, Noel T.
- 173-180 The use of video vignettes to measure health worker knowledge. Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Banuri, Sheheryar & de Walque, Damien & Keefer, Philip & Haidara, Ousmane Diadie & Robyn, Paul Jacob & Ye, Maurice
- 181-189 “Anywhere but here": Querying spatial stigma as a social determinant of health among youth of color accessing LGBTQ services in Chicago's Boystown
by Felner, Jennifer K. & Dudley, Terry D. & Ramirez-Valles, Jesus
- 190-198 Six dimensions of research trial acceptability: how much, what, when, in what circumstances, to whom and why?
by Gooding, Kate & Phiri, Mackwellings & Peterson, Ingrid & Parker, Michael & Desmond, Nicola
- 199-219 A mixed methods systematic review of studies examining the relationship between housing and health for people from refugee and asylum seeking backgrounds
by Ziersch, Anna & Due, Clemence
2018, Volume 212, Issue C
- 1-8 LGBT people and suicidality in youth: A qualitative study of perceptions of risk and protective circumstances
by Rivers, Ian & Gonzalez, Cesar & Nodin, Nuno & Peel, Elizabeth & Tyler, Allan
- 9-16 ‘A smile is most important.’ Why chains are not currently the answer to quality concerns in the Indian retail pharmacy sector
by Miller, Rosalind & Hutchinson, Eleanor & Goodman, Catherine
- 17-25 The effects of culturally targeted patient decision aids on medical consultation preparation for Hispanic women in the U.S.: Results from four randomized experiments
by Alden, Dana L. & Friend, John & Fraenkel, Liana & Jibaja-Weiss, Maria
- 26-32 The 1967 Abortion Act fifty years on: Abortion, medical authority and the law revisited
by Lee, Ellie & Sheldon, Sally & Macvarish, Jan
- 33-42 Friend or frenemy? Experiential homophily and educational track attrition among premedical students
by Grace, Matthew K.
- 43-49 Complex narratives of health, stigma and control: Antimicrobial resistance screening among non-hospitalized refugees
by Kamenshchikova, A. & Wolffs, P.F.G. & Hoebe, C.J. & Penders, J. & Horstman, K.
- 50-59 Legacy and social media respectively influence risk perceptions and protective behaviors during emerging health threats: A multi-wave analysis of communications on Zika virus cases
by Chan, Man-pui Sally & Winneg, Kenneth & Hawkins, Lauren & Farhadloo, Mohsen & Jamieson, Kathleen Hall & Albarracín, Dolores
- 60-67 Rabies response, One Health and more-than-human considerations in Indigenous communities in northern Australia
by Degeling, Chris & Brookes, Victoria & Lea, Tess & Ward, Michael
- 68-75 Discursively framing physicians as leaders: Institutional work to reconfigure medical professionalism
by Berghout, Mathilde A. & Oldenhof, Lieke & Fabbricotti, Isabelle N. & Hilders, Carina G.J.M.
- 76-85 Rural - urban differences in determinants of patient satisfaction with primary care
by Weinhold, Ines & Gurtner, Sebastian
- 86-93 “Like you failed at life”: Debt, health and neoliberal subjectivity
by Sweet, Elizabeth
- 94-119 How does psychiatric diagnosis affect young people's self-concept and social identity? A systematic review and synthesis of the qualitative literature
by O'Connor, Cliodhna & Kadianaki, Irini & Maunder, Kristen & McNicholas, Fiona
- 120-128 An interpretative phenomenological analysis of young people's self-harm in the context of interpersonal stressors and supports: Parents, peers, and clinical services
by Wadman, Ruth & Vostanis, Panos & Sayal, Kapil & Majumder, Pallab & Harroe, Caroline & Clarke, David & Armstrong, Marie & Townsend, Ellen
- 129-135 Experience of stigma and discrimination in families of persons with schizophrenia in the Czech Republic
by Krupchanka, D. & Chrtková, D. & Vítková, M. & Munzel, D. & Čihařová, M. & Růžičková, T. & Winkler, P. & Janoušková, M. & Albanese, E. & Sartorius, N.
- 136-144 The trade-off between equity and efficiency in population health gain: Making it real
by Sandiford, P. & Vivas Consuelo, D. & Rouse, P. & Bramley, D.
- 145-152 “We have to be mythbusters”: Clinician attitudes about the legitimacy of patient concerns and dissatisfaction with contraception
by Stevens, Lindsay M.
- 153-160 Towards an interdisciplinary approach to wellbeing: Life histories and Self-Determination Theory in rural Zambia
by White, Sarah C. & Jha, Shreya
- 161-167 Ageing and dying in the contemporary neoliberal prison system: Exploring the ‘double burden’ for older prisoners
by Turner, Mary & Peacock, Marian & Payne, Sheila & Fletcher, Andrew & Froggatt, Katherine
- 168-178 How and why studies disagree about the effects of education on health: A systematic review and meta-analysis of studies of compulsory schooling laws
by Hamad, Rita & Elser, Holly & Tran, Duy C. & Rehkopf, David H. & Goodman, Steven N.
- 181-190 Supporting active school travel: A qualitative analysis of implementing a regional safe routes to school program
by Buttazzoni, Adrian N. & Coen, Stephanie E. & Gilliland, Jason A.
- 191-202 Leveraging smallholder livestock production to reduce anemia: A qualitative study of three agroecological zones in Ghana
by Nyantakyi-Frimpong, Hanson & Colecraft, Esi K. & Awuah, Raphael Baffour & Adjorlolo, Leonard Kofi & Wilson, Mark L. & Jones, Andrew D.
- 203-218 Social capital interventions in public health: A systematic review
by Villalonga-Olives, E. & Wind, T.R. & Kawachi, I.
- 219-226 Childhood socioeconomic status and genetic risk for poorer cognition in later life
by Moorman, Sara M. & Carr, Kyle & Greenfield, Emily A.
2018, Volume 211, Issue C
- 1-8 Explaining the increasing disability prevalence among mid-life US adults, 2002 to 2016
by Zajacova, Anna & Montez, Jennifer Karas
- 9-15 Effect of a conditional cash transfer program on length-for-age and weight-for-age in Brazilian infants at 24 months using doubly-robust, targeted estimation
by Labrecque, Jeremy A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Balzer, Laura B. & Maclehose, Richard F. & Strumpf, Erin C. & Matijasevich, Alicia & Santos, Iná S. & Schmidt, Kelen H. & Barros, Aluísio J.D.
- 16-20 The age-related patterns of preterm birth among urban African-American and non-Latina White mothers: The effect of paternal involvement
by Hibbs, Shayna D. & Rankin, Kristin M. & DeSisto, Carla & Collins, James W.
- 21-30 Cross-border ties, nativity, and inflammatory markers in a population-based prospective study of Latino adults
by Torres, Jacqueline M. & Epel, Elissa S. & To, Tu My & Lee, Anne & Aiello, Allison E. & Haan, Mary N.
- 31-38 Effectiveness of public health spending on infant mortality in Florida, 2001–2014
by Bernet, Patrick M. & Gumus, Gulcin & Vishwasrao, Sharmila
- 39-47 Identifying mental health problems and Idioms of distress among older adult internally displaced persons in Georgia
by Singh, Namrita S. & Bass, Judith & Sumbadze, Nana & Rebok, George & Perrin, Paul & Paichadze, Nino & Robinson, W. Courtland
- 48-60 Disability as deprivation of capabilities: Estimation using a large-scale survey in Morocco and Tunisia and an instrumental variable approach
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Bakhshi, Parul & Brown, Derek & Lopez, Dominique & Gall, Fiona
- 61-69 Negotiating acquired spinal conditions: Recovery with/in bodily materiality and fluids
by Jeffries, Jayne M.
- 70-77 Denormalization, smoke-free air policy, and tobacco use among young adults
by Kelly, Brian C. & Vuolo, Mike & Frizzell, Laura C. & Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 78-86 Re-entry experiences of Black men living with HIV/AIDS after release from prison: Intersectionality and implications for care
by Sun, Shufang & Crooks, Natasha & Kemnitz, Rebecca & Westergaard, Ryan P.
- 87-94 The impact of ethnic density on dispensing of antipsychotic and antidepressant medication among immigrants in the Netherlands
by Termorshuizen, Fabian & Heerdink, Eibert R. & Selten, Jean-Paul
- 95-101 Understanding the health and wellbeing challenges of the food banking system: A qualitative study of food bank users, providers and referrers in London
by Thompson, C. & Smith, D. & Cummins, S.
- 102-113 Social capital, outpatient care utilization and choice between different levels of health facilities in rural and urban areas of Bhutan
by Herberholz, Chantal & Phuntsho, Sonam
- 114-122 Intended and unintended impacts of price changes for drugs and medical services: Evidence from China
by Fu, Hongqiao & Li, Ling & Yip, Winnie
- 123-130 Data value and care value in the practice of health systems: A case study in Uganda
by Hutchinson, Eleanor & Nayiga, Susan & Nabirye, Christine & Taaka, Lilian & Staedke, Sarah G.
- 131-136 Life satisfaction, QALYs, and the monetary value of health
by Huang, Li & Frijters, Paul & Dalziel, Kim & Clarke, Philip