Social Science & Medicine
2017, Volume 175, Issue C
- 1-10 Activity spaces of men who have sex with men: An initial exploration of geographic variation in locations of routine, potential sexual risk, and prevention behaviors
by Vaughan, Adam S. & Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Rosenberg, Eli S. & Sullivan, Patrick S.
- 11-27 Equity in healthcare resource allocation decision making: A systematic review
by Lane, Haylee & Sarkies, Mitchell & Martin, Jennifer & Haines, Terry
- 28-35 The business cycle and mortality: Urban versus rural counties
by Sameem, Sediq & Sylwester, Kevin
- 36-42 Does work-to-family conflict really matter for health? Cross-sectional, prospective cohort and fixed-effects analyses
by Oshio, Takashi & Inoue, Akiomi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi
- 43-51 Poverty dynamics and parental mental health: Determinants of childhood mental health in the UK
by Fitzsimons, Emla & Goodman, Alissa & Kelly, Elaine & Smith, James P.
- 52-57 Socioeconomic factors related to surgical treatment for localized, non-small cell lung cancer
by Jiang, Xiaqing & Lin, Ge & Islam, K.M. Monirul
- 58-65 Relation between social network and psychological distress among middle-aged adults in Japan: Evidence from a national longitudinal survey
by Fu, Rong & Noguchi, Harkuo & Tachikawa, Hirokazu & Aiba, Miyuki & Nakamine, Shin & Kawamura, Akira & Takahashi, Hideto & Tamiya, Nanako
- 66-71 Is it time to talk? Understanding specialty child mental healthcare providers' decisions to engage in interdisciplinary communication with pediatricians
by Reiss, Michael & Greene, Carolyn A. & Ford, Julian D.
- 72-80 Monitoring income-related health differences between regions in Great Britain: A new measure for ordinal health data
by Allanson, Paul
- 81-90 The weight of inequalities: Duration of residence and offspring's birthweight among migrant mothers in Sweden
by Juárez, Sol P. & Hjern, Anders
- 91-98 Negotiating intersex: A case for revising the theory of social diagnosis
by Jenkins, Tania M. & Short, Susan E.
- 99-108 Experience in action: Moderating care in web-based patient feedback
by Ziewitz, Malte
- 109-116 Patient agency and contested notions of disability in social assistance applications in South Africa
by Kelly, Gabrielle
- 117-126 Assessing physician productivity following Norwegian hospital reform: A panel and data envelopment analysis
by Johannessen, Karl Arne & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Hagen, Terje P.
- 127-134 Modelling possible causality in the associations between unemployment, cannabis use, and alcohol misuse
by Boden, Joseph M. & Lee, Jungeun Olivia & Horwood, L. John & Grest, Carolina Villamil & McLeod, Geraldine F.H.
- 135-142 Pappa Ante Portas: The effect of the husband's retirement on the wife's mental health in Japan
by Bertoni, Marco & Brunello, Giorgio
- 143-151 Relations between neighbourhood socioeconomic status and birth outcomes are mediated by maternal weight
by Clayborne, Zahra M. & Giesbrecht, Gerald F. & Bell, Rhonda C. & Tomfohr-Madsen, Lianne M.
- 152-160 Effects of assisted outpatient treatment and health care services on psychotic symptoms
by Schneeberger, Andres R. & Huber, Christian G. & Lang, Undine E. & Muenzenmaier, Kristina H. & Castille, Dorothy & Jaeger, Matthias & Seixas, Azizi & Sowislo, Julia & Link, Bruce G.
- 161-168 Climate change threats to family farmers' sense of place and mental wellbeing: A case study from the Western Australian Wheatbelt
by Ellis, Neville R. & Albrecht, Glenn A.
- 169-176 Between a rock and a hard place: Economic expansion and social responsibility in UK media discourses on the global alcohol industry
by Thornton, Mary & Hawkins, Benjamin
- 177-186 Effects of donor proliferation in development aid for health on health program performance: A conceptual framework
by Pallas, Sarah Wood & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 187-198 How universal is coverage and access to diagnosis and treatment for Chagas disease in Colombia? A health systems analysis
by Cucunubá, Zulma M. & Manne-Goehler, Jennifer M. & Díaz, Diana & Nouvellet, Pierre & Bernal, Oscar & Marchiol, Andrea & Basáñez, María-Gloria & Conteh, Lesong
- 199-208 The threat of home eviction and its effects on health through the equity lens: A systematic review
by Vásquez-Vera, Hugo & Palència, Laia & Magna, Ingrid & Mena, Carlos & Neira, Jaime & Borrell, Carme
- 219-227 Graphic health warnings as activators of social networks: A field experiment among individuals of low socioeconomic position
by Ramanadhan, Shoba & Nagler, Rebekah H. & McCloud, Rachel & Kohler, Racquel & Viswanath, Kasisomayajula
- 228-234 The utility of hair cortisol concentrations in the prediction of PTSD symptoms following traumatic physical injury
by Pacella, Maria L. & Hruska, Bryce & Steudte-Schmiedgen, Susann & George, Richard L. & Delahanty, Douglas L.
- 235-243 “Doing what I do best”: The association between skill utilization and employee health with healthy behavior as a mediator
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Heaney, Catherine A.
- 244-252 Correlational study and randomised controlled trial for understanding and changing red meat consumption: The role of eating identities
by Carfora, V. & Caso, D. & Conner, M.
2017, Volume 174, Issue C
- 1-8 Revealing student nurses' perceptions of human dignity through curriculum co-design
by Munoz, Sarah-Anne & Macaden, Leah & Kyle, Richard & Webster, Elaine
- 9-16 Negotiating the (bio)medical gaze – Experiences of trans-specific healthcare in Sweden
by Linander, Ida & Alm, Erika & Hammarström, Anne & Harryson, Lisa
- 17-25 Disparities in self-rated health across generations and through the life course
by Link, Bruce G. & Susser, Ezra S. & Factor-Litvak, Pam & March, Dana & Kezios, Katrina L. & Lovasi, Gina S. & Rundle, Andrew G. & Suglia, Shakira F. & Fader, Kim M. & Andrews, Howard F. & Johnson, Eileen & Cirillo, Piera M. & Cohn, Barbara A.
- 26-34 Social-structural properties and HIV prevention among young men who have sex with men in the ballroom house and independent gay family communities
by Young, Lindsay E. & Jonas, Adam B. & Michaels, Stuart & Jackson, Joel D. & Pierce, Mario L. & Schneider, John A.
- 35-42 Neutrality in medicine and health professionals from ethnic minority groups: The case of Arab health professionals in Israel
by Keshet, Yael & Popper-Giveon, Ariela
- 43-52 Prescription hypnotics in the news: A study of UK audiences
by Gabe, Jonathan & Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M.
- 53-63 Climate change and epidemics in Chinese history: A multi-scalar analysis
by Lee, Harry F. & Fei, Jie & Chan, Christopher Y.S. & Pei, Qing & Jia, Xin & Yue, Ricci P.H.
- 64-69 Outsourcing cleaning services increases MRSA incidence: Evidence from 126 english acute trusts
by Toffolutti, Veronica & Reeves, Aaron & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 70-78 Promissory identities: Sociotechnical representations & innovation in regenerative medicine
by Gardner, John & Higham, Ruchi & Faulkner, Alex & Webster, Andrew
- 79-85 The making of a population: Challenges, implications, and consequences of the quantification of social difference
by Cruz, Taylor M.
- 89-95 The impact of HTA and procurement practices on the selection and prices of medical devices
by Callea, Giuditta & Armeni, Patrizio & Marsilio, Marta & Jommi, Claudio & Tarricone, Rosanna
- 96-103 Does the relationship between health-related quality of life and subjective well-being change over time? An exploratory study among breast cancer patients
by Tessier, Philippe & Blanchin, Myriam & Sébille, Véronique
- 104-112 Hospitals as complex adaptive systems: A case study of factors influencing priority setting practices at the hospital level in Kenya
by Barasa, Edwine W. & Molyneux, Sassy & English, Mike & Cleary, Susan
- 113-121 Governance of global health research consortia: Sharing sovereignty and resources within Future Health Systems
by Pratt, Bridget & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 122-132 What caused the 2012 dengue outbreak in Pucallpa, Peru? A socio-ecological autopsy
by Charette, Margot & Berrang-Ford, Lea & Llanos-Cuentas, Elmer Alejandro & Cárcamo, César & Kulkarni, Manisha
- 133-141 Parents' experience of unintended childbearing: A qualitative study of factors that mitigate or exacerbate effects
by Kavanaugh, Megan L. & Kost, Kathryn & Frohwirth, Lori & Maddow-Zimet, Isaac & Gor, Vivian
- 142-148 Controlling the unruly maternal body: Losing and gaining control over the body during pregnancy and the postpartum period
by Neiterman, Elena & Fox, Bonnie
- 149-158 Neighborhood age structure and cognitive function in a nationally-representative sample of older adults in the U.S
by Friedman, Esther M. & Shih, Regina A. & Slaughter, Mary E. & Weden, Margaret M. & Cagney, Kathleen A.
- 159-168 Dynamic axes of informed consent in Japan
by Specker Sullivan, Laura
- 169-178 Immigration policies and mental health morbidity among Latinos: A state-level analysis
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Prins, Seth J. & Flake, Morgan & Philbin, Morgan & Frazer, M. Somjen & Hagen, Daniel & Hirsch, Jennifer
- 179-187 The role of physicians in prescribing irrational fixed-dose combination medicines in India
by Bhaskarabhatla, Ajay & Chatterjee, Chirantan
- 188-196 Women's police stations and intimate partner violence: Evidence from Brazil
by Perova, Elizaveta & Reynolds, Sarah Anne
- 197-208 Early-life income inequality and adolescent health and well-being
by Elgar, Frank J. & Gariépy, Geneviève & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Currie, Candace
- 209-212 Associations of baseline depressed mood and happiness with subsequent well-being in cardiac patients
by Craner, Julia & Douglas, Kristin Vickers & Dierkhising, Ross & Hathaway, Julie & Goel, Kashish & Thomas, Randal J.
- 213-219 Time to first cigarette and serum cholesterol levels
by Selya, Arielle S. & Hesse, Naa Dede
- 220-227 The impact of IMF conditionality on government health expenditure: A cross-national analysis of 16 West African nations
by Stubbs, Thomas & Kentikelenis, Alexander & Stuckler, David & McKee, Martin & King, Lawrence
2017, Volume 173, Issue C
- 1-8 Requests for cesarean deliveries: The politics of labor pain and pain relief in Shanghai, China
by Wang, Eileen
- 9-17 Does the proportion of pay linked to performance affect the job satisfaction of general practitioners?
by Allen, Thomas & Whittaker, William & Sutton, Matt
- 18-25 Minding the gap: Subjective relative deprivation and depressive symptoms
by Beshai, Shadi & Mishra, Sandeep & Meadows, Tyler J.S. & Parmar, Priya & Huang, Vivian
- 26-34 And justice for all: Examining corruption as a contextual source of mental illness
by van Deurzen, Ioana
- 35-47 Parental health shocks and schooling: The impact of mutual health insurance in Rwanda
by Woode, Maame Esi
- 48-53 The socioeconomic within-gender gap in informal caregiving among middle-aged women: Evidence from a Japanese nationwide survey
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 54-62 Socioeconomic position, John Henryism, and incidence of acute myocardial infarction in Finnish men
by Mujahid, Mahasin S. & James, Sherman A. & Kaplan, George A. & Salonen, Jukka T.
- 63-71 User preferences and willingness to pay for safe drinking water: Experimental evidence from rural Tanzania
by Burt, Zachary & Njee, Robert M. & Mbatia, Yolanda & Msimbe, Veritas & Brown, Joe & Clasen, Thomas F. & Malebo, Hamisi M. & Ray, Isha
- 72-80 Health effects of informal caregiving across Europe: A longitudinal approach
by Kaschowitz, Judith & Brandt, Martina
- 81-87 “Not there yet”: Examining community support from the perspective of people with dementia and their partners in care
by Herron, R.V. & Rosenberg, M.W.
- 88-95 Social network types among older Korean adults: Associations with subjective health
by Sohn, Sung Yun & Joo, Won-tak & Kim, Woo Jung & Kim, Se Joo & Youm, Yoosik & Kim, Hyeon Chang & Park, Yeong-Ran & Lee, Eun
- 96-103 Optimising the community-based approach to healthcare improvement: Comparative case studies of the clinical community model in practice
by Aveling, Emma-Louise & Martin, Graham & Herbert, Georgia & Armstrong, Natalie
- 110-117 Neighbourly support of people with chronic illness; is it related to neighbourhood social capital?
by Waverijn, Geeke & Heijmans, Monique & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 118-125 Associations between community-level disaster exposure and individual-level changes in disability and risk of death for older Americans
by Brilleman, Samuel L. & Wolfe, Rory & Moreno-Betancur, Margarita & Sales, Anne E. & Langa, Kenneth M. & Li, Yun & Daugherty Biddison, Elizabeth L. & Rubinson, Lewis & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 126-133 The role of sleep problems in the relationship between peer victimization and antisocial behavior: A five-year longitudinal study
by Chang, Ling-Yin & Wu, Wen-Chi & Wu, Chi-Chen & Lin, Linen Nymphas & Yen, Lee-Lan & Chang, Hsing-Yi
2017, Volume 172, Issue C
- 1-9 Constructing embodied identity in a ‘new’ ageing population: A qualitative study of the pioneer cohort of childhood liver transplant recipients in the UK
by Lowton, Karen & Hiley, Chris & Higgs, Paul
- 10-18 A network approach to policy framing: A case study of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan
by Browne, Jennifer & de Leeuw, Evelyne & Gleeson, Deborah & Adams, Karen & Atkinson, Petah & Hayes, Rick
- 21-27 Is trade liberalisation a vector for the spread of sugar-sweetened beverages? A cross-national longitudinal analysis of 44 low- and middle-income countries
by Mendez Lopez, Ana & Loopstra, Rachel & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 28-36 Reconciling community-based Indigenous research and academic practices: Knowing principles is not always enough
by Morton Ninomiya, Melody E. & Pollock, Nathaniel J.
- 37-45 Food and beverage product reformulation as a corporate political strategy
by Scott, C. & Hawkins, B. & Knai, C.
- 46-55 Universal health coverage at the macro level: Synthetic control evidence from Thailand
by Rieger, Matthias & Wagner, Natascha & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 56-63 Neighborhood social stressors, fine particulate matter air pollution, and cognitive function among older U.S. adults
by Ailshire, Jennifer & Karraker, Amelia & Clarke, Philippa
- 64-71 Two approaches, one problem: Cultural constructions of type II diabetes in an indigenous community in Yucatán, Mexico
by Frank, Sarah M. & Durden, T. Elizabeth
- 72-79 Common or multiple futures for end of life care around the world? Ideas from the ‘waiting room of history’
by Zaman, Shahaduz & Inbadas, Hamilton & Whitelaw, Alexander & Clark, David
- 80-88 How do individuals value health states? A qualitative investigation
by Karimi, M. & Brazier, J. & Paisley, S.
- 89-97 Public health and public trust: Survey evidence from the Ebola Virus Disease epidemic in Liberia
by Blair, Robert A. & Morse, Benjamin S. & Tsai, Lily L.
- 98-106 Your money or your time? How both types of scarcity matter to physical activity and healthy eating
by Venn, Danielle & Strazdins, Lyndall
- 107-114 Cancer patients' experiences with nature: Normalizing dichotomous realities
by Blaschke, Sarah & O'Callaghan, Clare C. & Schofield, Penelope & Salander, Pär
- 115-123 Distinguishing hypothetical willingness from behavioral intentions to initiate HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP): Findings from a large cohort of gay and bisexual men in the U.S
by Rendina, H. Jonathon & Whitfield, Thomas H.F. & Grov, Christian & Starks, Tyrel J. & Parsons, Jeffrey T.
- 124-134 Communication about HIV and death: Maternal reports of primary school-aged children's questions after maternal HIV disclosure in rural South Africa
by Rochat, Tamsen J. & Mitchell, Joanie & Lubbe, Anina M. & Stein, Alan & Tomlinson, Mark & Bland, Ruth M.
- 135-143 Separating, replacing, intersecting: The influence of context on the construction of the medical-nursing boundary
by Liberati, Elisa Giulia
- 144-152 Conceptualising the public health role of actors operating outside of formal health systems: The case of social enterprise
by Roy, Michael J. & Baker, Rachel & Kerr, Susan
- 153-162 Gifts and influence: Conflict of interest policies and prescribing of psychotropic medications in the United States
by King, Marissa & Bearman, Peter S.
2016, Volume 171, Issue C
- 1-8 Standardizing psycho-medical torture during the War on Terror: Why it happened, how it happened, and why it didn't work
by Balfe, Myles
- 9-17 Food insecurity and maternal mental health in León, Nicaragua: Potential limitations on the moderating role of social support
by Piperata, Barbara A. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Rodrigues, Andres Herrera & Salazar Torres, Virgilio Mariano
- 18-29 Perceived community environmental influences on eating behaviors: A Photovoice analysis
by Belon, Ana Paula & Nieuwendyk, Laura M. & Vallianatos, Helen & Nykiforuk, Candace I.J.
- 30-38 Shorter lives in stingier states: Social policy shortcomings help explain the US mortality disadvantage
by Beckfield, Jason & Bambra, Clare
- 39-47 Avoiding blindness to health status in health achievement and health inequality measurement
by Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra
- 48-57 Female political representation and child health: Evidence from a multilevel analysis
by Quamruzzaman, Amm & Lange, Matthew
- 58-66 Early parenthood as a link between childhood disadvantage and adult heart problems: A gender-based approach
by Lee, Chioun & Ryff, Carol D.
- 67-83 Limited common origins of multiple adult health-related behaviors: Evidence from U.S. twins
by Sudharsanan, Nikkil & Behrman, Jere R. & Kohler, Hans-Peter
- 84-93 Improving community health through marketing exchanges: A participatory action research study on water, sanitation, and hygiene in three Melanesian countries
by Barrington, D.J. & Sridharan, S. & Saunders, S.G. & Souter, R.T. & Bartram, J. & Shields, K.F. & Meo, S. & Kearton, A. & Hughes, R.K.
- 94-102 Increased drug use and the timing of social assistance receipt among people who use illicit drugs
by Krebs, Emanuel & Wang, Linwei & Olding, Michelle & DeBeck, Kora & Hayashi, Kanna & Milloy, M.-J. & Wood, Evan & Nosyk, Bohdan & Richardson, Lindsey
2016, Volume 170, Issue C
- 1-8 Psychosocial distress and inflammation: Which way does causality flow?
by Das, Aniruddha
- 9-17 Conflict or congruence? Maternal and infant-centric factors associated with shorter exclusive breastfeeding durations among the Tsimane
by Martin, Melanie A. & Garcia, Geni & Kaplan, Hillard S. & Gurven, Michael D.
- 18-25 Role-meanings as a critical factor in understanding doctor managers' identity work and different role identities
by Cascón-Pereira, Rosalía & Chillas, Shiona & Hallier, Jerry
- 26-34 Functional health decline before and after retirement: A longitudinal analysis of the Health and Retirement Study
by van Zon, Sander K.R. & Bültmann, Ute & Reijneveld, Sijmen A. & de Leon, Carlos F. Mendes
- 35-45 Assessing spatial access to public and private hospitals in Sichuan, China: The influence of the private sector on the healthcare geography in China
by Pan, Jay & Zhao, Hanqing & Wang, Xiuli & Shi, Xun
- 46-54 Social media as a space for support: Young adults' perspectives on producing and consuming user-generated content about diabetes and mental health
by Fergie, Gillian & Hunt, Kate & Hilton, Shona
- 55-62 Social networks, social participation, and health among youth living in extreme poverty in rural Malawi
by Rock, Amelia & Barrington, Clare & Abdoulayi, Sara & Tsoka, Maxton & Mvula, Peter & Handa, Sudhanshu
- 63-76 The role of socioeconomic factors in Black-White health inequities across the life course: Point-in-time measures, long-term exposures, and differential health returns
by Boen, Courtney
- 77-86 The Quality and Outcomes Framework: Body commodification in UK general practice
by Norman, Armando H. & Russell, Andrew J. & Merli, Claudia
- 87-96 Decolonization and life expectancy in the Caribbean
by Verstraeten, Soraya P.A. & van Oers, Hans A.M. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 97-105 State risk discourse and the regulatory preservation of traditional medicine knowledge: The case of acupuncture in Ontario, Canada
by Ijaz, Nadine & Boon, Heather & Muzzin, Linda & Welsh, Sandy
- 106-113 Everyday tactics in local moral worlds: E-cigarette practices in a working-class area of the UK
by Thirlway, Frances
- 114-123 Marital history and survival after a heart attack
by Dupre, Matthew E. & Nelson, Alicia
- 124-132 Insurance coverage and socioeconomic differences in patient choice between private and public health care providers in China
by Wang, Qing & Zhang, Donglan & Hou, Zhiyuan
- 133-142 Intersystem return on investment in public mental health: Positive externality of public mental health expenditure for the jail system in the U.S
by Yoon, Jangho & Luck, Jeff
- 143-151 Realities of environmental toxicity and their ramifications for community engagement
by Clapp, Justin T. & Roberts, Jody A. & Dahlberg, Britt & Berry, Lee Sullivan & Jacobs, Lisa M. & Emmett, Edward A. & Barg, Frances K.
- 152-160 Frequency of medical malpractice claims: The effects of volumes and specialties
by Buzzacchi, Luigi & Scellato, Giuseppe & Ughetto, Elisa
- 161-169 The health, financial and distributional consequences of increases in the tobacco excise tax among smokers in Lebanon
by Salti, Nisreen & Brouwer, Elizabeth & Verguet, Stéphane
- 170-179 The relationship between maternal education and reported childhood conditions
by Berchick, Edward R.
- 180-187 Quantifying the individual-level association between income and mortality risk in the United States using the National Longitudinal Mortality Study
by Brodish, Paul Henry & Hakes, Jahn K.
- 188-196 Suffering and medicalization at the end of life: The case of physician-assisted dying
by Karsoho, Hadi & Fishman, Jennifer R. & Wright, David Kenneth & Macdonald, Mary Ellen
- 197-207 Child access to the nutritional safety net during and after the Great Recession: The case of WIC
by Jackson, Margot I. & Mayne, Patrick
- 208-217 Equity impact analysis of medical approaches to cardiovascular diseases prevention in Tanzania
by Ngalesoni, Frida N. & Ruhago, George M. & Mori, Amani T. & Robberstad, Bjarne & Norheim, Ole F.
- 220-227 Racial bias is associated with ingroup death rate for Blacks and Whites: Insights from Project Implicit
by Leitner, Jordan B. & Hehman, Eric & Ayduk, Ozlem & Mendoza-Denton, Rodolfo
- 228-236 How food insecurity contributes to poor HIV health outcomes: Qualitative evidence from the San Francisco Bay Area
by Whittle, Henry J. & Palar, Kartika & Seligman, Hilary K. & Napoles, Tessa & Frongillo, Edward A. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 237-246 Culture: The missing link in health research
by Kagawa Singer, M. & Dressler, W. & George, S.
- 247-254 First depressed, then discriminated against?
by Baert, Stijn & De Visschere, Sarah & Schoors, Koen & Vandenberghe, Désirée & Omey, Eddy
2016, Volume 169, Issue C
- 1-8 Crowding out or no crowding out? A Self-Determination Theory approach to health worker motivation in performance-based financing
by Lohmann, Julia & Houlfort, Nathalie & De Allegri, Manuela
- 9-17 Social mobility and subclinical atherosclerosis in a middle-income country: Association of intra- and inter-generational social mobility with carotid intima-media thickness in the Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)
by Guimarães, Joanna M.N. & Clarke, Philippa & Tate, Denise & Coeli, Claudia Medina & Griep, Rosane Harter & Fonseca, Maria de Jesus Mendes da & Santos, Itamar S. & Melo, Enirtes Caetano Prates & Chor, Dora
- 18-26 Vulnerability to unintentional injuries associated with land-use activities and search and rescue in Nunavut, Canada
by Clark, Dylan G. & Ford, James D. & Pearce, Tristan & Berrang-Ford, Lea
- 27-30 Fund my treatment!: A call for ethics-focused social science research into the use of crowdfunding for medical care
by Snyder, Jeremy & Mathers, Annalise & Crooks, Valorie A.
- 33-41 “Benches become like porches”: Built and social environment influences on older adults’ experiences of mobility and well-being
by Ottoni, Callista A. & Sims-Gould, Joanie & Winters, Meghan & Heijnen, Myrthe & McKay, Heather A.
- 42-49 Delivering risk information in a dynamic information environment: Framing and authoritative voice in Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and primetime broadcast news media communications during the 2014 Ebola outbreak
by Kott, Anne & Limaye, Rupali J.
- 50-57 Fear, vulnerability and sacrifice: Drivers of emergency department use and implications for policy
by Hudgins, Anastasia & Rising, Kristin L.
- 58-65 A social network analysis of substance use among immigrant adolescents in six European cities
by Lorant, Vincent & Soto Rojas, Victoria & Bécares, Laia & Kinnunen, Jaana M. & Kuipers, Mirte A.G. & Moor, Irene & Roscillo, Gaetano & Alves, Joana & Grard, Adeline & Rimpelä, Arja & Federico, Bruno & Richter, Matthias & Perelman, Julian & Kunst, Anton E.
- 66-76 Financing the HIV response in sub-Saharan Africa from domestic sources: Moving beyond a normative approach
by Remme, Michelle & Siapka, Mariana & Sterck, Olivier & Ncube, Mthuli & Watts, Charlotte & Vassall, Anna
- 77-85 Promoting physical activity interventions in communities with poor health and socio-economic profiles: A process evaluation of the implementation of a new walking group scheme
by Hanson, Sarah & Cross, Jane & Jones, Andy
- 86-96 Comparing the validity of the payment card and structured haggling willingness to pay methods: The case of a diabetes prevention program in rural Kenya
by Kangethe, Anne & Franic, Duska M. & Corso, Phaedra S.
- 97-105 How much are built environments changing, and where?: Patterns of change by neighborhood sociodemographic characteristics across seven U.S. metropolitan areas
by Hirsch, Jana A. & Grengs, Joe & Schulz, Amy & Adar, Sara D. & Rodriguez, Daniel A. & Brines, Shannon J. & Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 109-118 The use of specialty training to retain doctors in Malawi: A discrete choice experiment
by Mandeville, Kate L. & Ulaya, Godwin & Lagarde, Mylène & Muula, Adamson S. & Dzowela, Titha & Hanson, Kara
- 119-131 Associations between quantitative measures of women's empowerment and access to care and health status for mothers and their children: A systematic review of evidence from the developing world
by Pratley, Pierre
- 132-140 Music and health communication in The Gambia: A social capital approach
by McConnell, Bonnie B.
- 141-148 Economic evaluation of integrated new technologies for health and social care: Suggestions for policy makers, users and evaluators
by Wildman, John & McMeekin, Peter & Grieve, Eleanor & Briggs, Andrew
- 149-156 ‘No man is an island entire of itself.’ The hidden effect of peers on physical activity
by Downward, Paul & Rasciute, Simona
- 157-170 Disrespectful intrapartum care during facility-based delivery in sub-Saharan Africa: A qualitative systematic review and thematic synthesis of women's perceptions and experiences
by Bradley, Susan & McCourt, Christine & Rayment, Juliet & Parmar, Divya
- 171-179 Influences of race and breast density on related cognitive and emotion outcomes before mandated breast density notification
by Manning, Mark & Albrecht, Terrance L. & Yilmaz-Saab, Zeynep & Shultz, Julie & Purrington, Kristen
- 180-190 The impact of civil union legislation on minority stress, depression, and hazardous drinking in a diverse sample of sexual-minority women: A quasi-natural experiment
by Everett, Bethany G. & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Hughes, Tonda L.
2016, Volume 168, Issue C
- 7-15 Empty rituals? A qualitative study of users’ experience of monitoring & evaluation systems in HIV interventions in western India
by Shukla, Anuprita & Teedon, Paul & Cornish, Flora
- 16-29 Research on neighborhood effects on health in the United States: A systematic review of study characteristics
by Arcaya, Mariana C. & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Kim, Rockli & Schnake-Mahl, Alina & So, Marvin & Subramanian, S.V.
- 30-34 Does heightened fear of crime lead to poorer mental health in new suburbs, or vice versa?
by Foster, Sarah & Hooper, Paula & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 35-42 The association between overweight and internalizing and externalizing behavior in early childhood
by Camfferman, Roxanna & Jansen, Pauline W. & Rippe, Ralph C.A. & Mesman, Judi & Derks, Ivonne P.M. & Tiemeier, Henning & Jaddoe, Vincent & van der Veek, Shelley M.C.
- 43-52 Comprehensive primary health care under neo-liberalism in Australia
by Baum, Fran & Freeman, Toby & Sanders, David & Labonté, Ronald & Lawless, Angela & Javanparast, Sara
- 53-62 The costs of ‘free’: Experiences of facility-based childbirth after Benin's caesarean section exemption policy
by Lange, Isabelle L. & Kanhonou, Lydie & Goufodji, Sourou & Ronsmans, Carine & Filippi, Véronique
- 63-71 Transnational ties and the health of sub-Saharan African migrants: The moderating role of gender and family separation
by Afulani, Patience A. & Torres, Jacqueline M. & Sudhinaraset, May & Asunka, Joseph
- 72-83 The causal effect of increased primary schooling on child mortality in Malawi: Universal primary education as a natural experiment
by Makate, Marshall & Makate, Clifton
- 84-92 Building the nation's body: The contested role of abortion and family planning in post-war South Sudan
by Palmer, Jennifer J. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 93-100 First-generation Korean immigrants’ barriers to healthcare and their coping strategies in the US
by Jang, Sou Hyun
- 101-110 Illness identity as an important component of candidacy: Contrasting experiences of help-seeking and access to care in cancer and heart disease
by Macdonald, Sara & Blane, David & Browne, Susan & Conway, Ellie & Macleod, Una & May, Carl & Mair, Frances
- 111-119 Peer influence as a potential magnifier of ADHD diagnosis
by Aronson, Brian
- 120-129 Beyond the visual and verbal: Using participant-produced photographs in research on the surroundings for care at the end-of-life
by Tishelman, Carol & Lindqvist, Olav & Hajdarevic, Senada & Rasmussen, Birgit H. & Goliath, Ida
- 130-139 Mechanisms linking intimate partner violence and prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV: A qualitative study in South Africa
by Hatcher, A.M. & Stöckl, H. & Christofides, N. & Woollett, N. & Pallitto, C.C. & Garcia-Moreno, C. & Turan, J.M.
- 140-149 Under one roof: The effect of co-residing with adult children on depression in later life
by Courtin, Emilie & Avendano, Mauricio
- 150-158 Ethnoracial inequality and insurance coverage among Latino young adults
by Terriquez, Veronica & Joseph, Tiffany D.
- 159-166 No one sees the fathers: Israeli fathers' experience of feticide
by Leichtentritt, Ronit D. & Weinberg-Kurnik, Galia
- 167-174 Sole-parent work schedules and adolescent wellbeing:Evidence from Australia
by Dockery, Alfred Michael & Li, Jianghong & Kendall, Garth
- 178-185 Contested moral landscapes: Negotiating breastfeeding stigma in breastmilk sharing, nighttime breastfeeding, and long-term breastfeeding in the U.S. and the U.K
by Tomori, Cecilia & Palmquist, Aunchalee E.L. & Dowling, Sally
- 186-197 Revisiting the understanding of “transactional sex” in sub-Saharan Africa: A review and synthesis of the literature
by Stoebenau, Kirsten & Heise, Lori & Wamoyi, Joyce & Bobrova, Natalia
- 200-206 Numbers and narratives: Developing a mixed-methods approach to understand mobility in later life
by Meijering, Louise & Weitkamp, Gerd
- 207-213 InterACTIVE Interpreted Interviews (I3): A multi-lingual, mobile method to examine the neighbourhood environment with older adults
by Tong, Catherine & Sims-Gould, Joanie & McKay, Heather
- 214-222 Identification of spatial and cohort clustering of tuberculosis using surveillance data from British Columbia, Canada, 1990–2013
by Roth, David & Otterstatter, Michael & Wong, Jason & Cook, Victoria & Johnston, James & Mak, Sunny
- 223-229 Place-making with older persons: Establishing sense-of-place through participatory community mapping workshops
by Fang, Mei Lan & Woolrych, Ryan & Sixsmith, Judith & Canham, Sarah & Battersby, Lupin & Sixsmith, Andrew
- 230-238 A spatiotemporal analysis of non-medical exemptions from vaccination: California schools before and after SB277
by Delamater, Paul L. & Leslie, Timothy F. & Yang, Y. Tony
- 239-248 On the move: Exploring the impact of residential mobility on cannabis use
by Morris, Tim & Manley, David & Northstone, Kate & Sabel, Clive E.
- 249-256 Homelessness, bedspace and the case for Housing First in Canada
by Evans, Joshua & Collins, Damian & Anderson, Jalene
- 257-264 Transfusing our lifeblood: Reframing research impact through inter-disciplinary collaboration between health geography and nurse education
by Kyle, Richard G. & Atherton, Iain M. & Kesby, Mike & Sothern, Matthew & Andrews, Gavin
- 265-272 Taking health geography out of the academy: Measuring academic impact
by Shortt, Niamh K. & Pearce, Jamie & Mitchell, Richard & Smith, Katherine E.
- 273-282 Palliating inside the lines: The effects of borders and boundaries on palliative care in rural Canada
by Giesbrecht, Melissa & Crooks, Valorie A. & Castleden, Heather & Schuurman, Nadine & Skinner, Mark & Williams, Allison
2016, Volume 167, Issue C
- 1-10 Understanding ‘energy insecurity’ and why it matters to health
by Hernández, Diana
- 1-10 Understanding ‘energy insecurity’ and why it matters to health
by Hernández, Diana
- 11-19 Social capital and health in Kenya: A multilevel analysis
by Musalia, John
- 11-19 Social capital and health in Kenya: A multilevel analysis
by Musalia, John
- 20-28 To your health!: Re-examining the health benefits of moderate alcohol use
by Sayed, Bisma Ali & French, Michael T.
- 20-28 To your health!: Re-examining the health benefits of moderate alcohol use
by Sayed, Bisma Ali & French, Michael T.
- 29-36 Contextualising the social capital of Australian Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal men in prison
by Lafferty, Lise & Treloar, Carla & Chambers, Georgina M. & Butler, Tony & Guthrie, Jill
- 29-36 Contextualising the social capital of Australian Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal men in prison
by Lafferty, Lise & Treloar, Carla & Chambers, Georgina M. & Butler, Tony & Guthrie, Jill
- 37-44 Decomposing trends in adult body mass index, obesity, and morbid obesity, 1971–2012
by Kranjac, Ashley Wendell & Wagmiller, Robert L.
- 37-44 Decomposing trends in adult body mass index, obesity, and morbid obesity, 1971–2012
by Kranjac, Ashley Wendell & Wagmiller, Robert L.
- 45-53 Social class, employment status and inequality in psychological well-being in the UK: Cross-sectional and fixed effects analyses over two decades
by Richards, Lindsay & Paskov, Marii
- 45-53 Social class, employment status and inequality in psychological well-being in the UK: Cross-sectional and fixed effects analyses over two decades
by Richards, Lindsay & Paskov, Marii
- 54-62 Debt trajectories and mental health
by Hojman, Daniel A. & Miranda, Álvaro & Ruiz-Tagle, Jaime
- 54-62 Debt trajectories and mental health
by Hojman, Daniel A. & Miranda, Álvaro & Ruiz-Tagle, Jaime
- 63-70 ‘You have all those emotions inside that you cannot show because of what they will cause’: Disclosing the absence of one's uterus and vagina
by Guntram, Lisa & Zeiler, Kristin
- 63-70 ‘You have all those emotions inside that you cannot show because of what they will cause’: Disclosing the absence of one's uterus and vagina
by Guntram, Lisa & Zeiler, Kristin
- 71-78 “They are looking just the same”: Antiretroviral treatment as social danger in rural Malawi
by Kaler, Amy & Angotti, Nicole & Ramaiya, Astha
- 71-78 “They are looking just the same”: Antiretroviral treatment as social danger in rural Malawi
by Kaler, Amy & Angotti, Nicole & Ramaiya, Astha
- 79-87 ‘The one with the purse makes policy’: Power, problem definition, framing and maternal health policies and programmes evolution in national level institutionalised policy making processes in Ghana
by Koduah, Augustina & Agyepong, Irene Akua & van Dijk, Han
- 79-87 ‘The one with the purse makes policy’: Power, problem definition, framing and maternal health policies and programmes evolution in national level institutionalised policy making processes in Ghana
by Koduah, Augustina & Agyepong, Irene Akua & van Dijk, Han
- 88-98 Priorities for action on the social determinants of health: Empirical evidence on the strongest associations with life expectancy in 54 low-income countries, 1990–2012
by Hauck, K. & Martin, S. & Smith, P.C.
- 88-98 Priorities for action on the social determinants of health: Empirical evidence on the strongest associations with life expectancy in 54 low-income countries, 1990–2012
by Hauck, K. & Martin, S. & Smith, P.C.
- 99-106 Motivation in caring labor: Implications for the well-being and employment outcomes of nurses
by Dill, Janette & Erickson, Rebecca J. & Diefendorff, James M.
- 99-106 Motivation in caring labor: Implications for the well-being and employment outcomes of nurses
by Dill, Janette & Erickson, Rebecca J. & Diefendorff, James M.
- 107-115 The impact of limiting long term illness on internal migration in England and Wales: New evidence from census microdata
by Wilding, Sam & Martin, David & Moon, Graham
- 107-115 The impact of limiting long term illness on internal migration in England and Wales: New evidence from census microdata
by Wilding, Sam & Martin, David & Moon, Graham
- 116-127 What are GPs' preferences for financial and non-financial incentives in cancer screening? Evidence for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancers
by Sicsic, Jonathan & Krucien, Nicolas & Franc, Carine
- 116-127 What are GPs' preferences for financial and non-financial incentives in cancer screening? Evidence for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancers
by Sicsic, Jonathan & Krucien, Nicolas & Franc, Carine
- 128-139 Crime victimization and the implications for individual health and wellbeing: A Sheffield case study
by Tan, Su-Yin & Haining, Robert
- 128-139 Crime victimization and the implications for individual health and wellbeing: A Sheffield case study
by Tan, Su-Yin & Haining, Robert
- 140-149 Leishmaniasis, conflict, and political terror: A spatio-temporal analysis
by Berry, Isha & Berrang-Ford, Lea
- 140-149 Leishmaniasis, conflict, and political terror: A spatio-temporal analysis
by Berry, Isha & Berrang-Ford, Lea
2016, Volume 166, Issue C
- 1-8 When life gives you lemons: The effectiveness of culinary group intervention among cancer patients
by Barak-Nahum, Ayelet & Haim, Limor Ben & Ginzburg, Karni
- 9-16 Pregnancy is more dangerous than the pill: A critical analysis of professional responses to the Yaz/Yasmin controversy
by Geampana, Alina
- 17-24 Parental intentions to enroll children in a voluntary expanded newborn screening program
by Paquin, Ryan S. & Peay, Holly L. & Gehtland, Lisa M. & Lewis, Megan A. & Bailey, Donald B.
- 25-32 ‘Keep complaining til someone listens’: Exchanges of tacit healthcare knowledge in online illness communities
by Foster, Drew
- 33-40 Measuring mental disorders: The failed commensuration project of DSM-5
by Whooley, Owen
- 41-48 The development of the nursing profession in a globalised context: A qualitative case study in Kerala, India
by Timmons, Stephen & Evans, Catrin & Nair, Sreelekha
- 49-56 Confidentiality considerations for use of social-spatial data on the social determinants of health: Sexual and reproductive health case study
by Haley, Danielle F. & Matthews, Stephen A. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Haardörfer, Regine & Adimora, Adaora A. & Wingood, Gina M. & Kramer, Michael R.
- 57-65 Health care reform and Diagnosis Related Groups in Germany: The mediating role of Hospital Liaison Committees for Jehovah's Witnesses
by Rajtar, Małgorzata
- 66-76 Building capacity for water, sanitation, and hygiene programming: Training evaluation theory applied to CLTS management training in Kenya
by Crocker, Jonny & Shields, Katherine F. & Venkataramanan, Vidya & Saywell, Darren & Bartram, Jamie
- 77-85 Early life socioeconomic position and immune response to persistent infections among elderly Latinos
by Meier, Helen C.S. & Haan, Mary N. & Mendes de Leon, Carlos F. & Simanek, Amanda M. & Dowd, Jennifer B. & Aiello, Allison E.
- 86-93 Setting the global health agenda: The influence of advocates and ideas on political priority for maternal and newborn survival
by Smith, Stephanie L. & Shiffman, Jeremy
- 94-101 Reproducing stigma: Interpreting “overweight” and “obese” women's experiences of weight-based discrimination in reproductive healthcare
by Bombak, Andrea E. & McPhail, Deborah & Ward, Pamela
- 102-109 Region of origin diversity in immigrant health: Moving beyond the Mexican case
by Reynolds, Megan M. & Chernenko, Alla & Read, Jen'nan Ghazal
- 110-119 “I can sit on the beach and punt through my mobile phone”: The influence of physical and online environments on the gambling risk behaviours of young men
by Deans, Emily G. & Thomas, Samantha L. & Daube, Mike & Derevensky, Jeffrey
- 120-127 Interventions to improve child-parent-medical provider communication: A systematic review
by Kodjebacheva, Gergana Damianova & Sabo, Tina & Xiong, Janet
- 128-136 Breastfeeding duration and offspring conduct problems: The moderating role of genetic risk
by Jackson, Dylan B.
- 137-149 All in the family: The link between kin network bridging and cardiovascular risk among older adults
by Goldman, Alyssa W.
- 150-159 Morals, morale and motivations in data fabrication: Medical research fieldworkers views and practices in two Sub-Saharan African contexts
by Kingori, Patricia & Gerrets, René
- 160-168 Gendered depression: Vulnerability or exposure to work and family stressors?
by Marchand, Alain & Bilodeau, Jaunathan & Demers, Andrée & Beauregard, Nancy & Durand, Pierre & Haines, Victor Y.
- 169-176 Expanding the relationship context for couple-based HIV prevention: Elucidating women's perspectives on non-traditional sexual partnerships
by Crankshaw, T.L. & Voce, A. & Butler, L.M. & Darbes, L.
- 177-185 Ménière's disease and biographical disruption: Where family transitions collide
by Bell, Sarah L. & Tyrrell, Jessica & Phoenix, Cassandra
- 186-194 Professional identity in nursing: UK students' explanations for poor standards of care
by Traynor, Michael & Buus, Niels
- 195-204 ‘If I go with him, I can't talk with other women’: Understanding women's resistance to, and acceptance of, men's involvement in maternal and child healthcare in northern Ghana
by Ganle, John Kuumuori & Dery, Isaac & Manu, Abubakar A. & Obeng, Bernard
- 205-213 From representing views to representativeness of views: Illustrating a new (Q2S) approach in the context of health care priority setting in nine European countries
by Mason, Helen & van Exel, Job & Baker, Rachel & Brouwer, Werner & Donaldson, Cam
- 214-222 “Getting the water-carrier to light the lamps”: Discrepant role perceptions of traditional, complementary, and alternative medical practitioners in government health facilities in India
by Josyula, K. Lakshmi & Sheikh, Kabir & Nambiar, Devaki & Narayan, Venkatesh V. & Sathyanarayana, T.N. & Porter, John D.H.
- 223-232 Alternative measures to BMI: Exploring income-related inequalities in adiposity in Great Britain
by Davillas, Apostolos & Benzeval, Michaela
- 233-243 Local descriptive norms for overweight/obesity and physical inactivity, features of the built environment, and 10-year change in glycosylated haemoglobin in an Australian population-based biomedical cohort
by Carroll, Suzanne J. & Paquet, Catherine & Howard, Natasha J. & Coffee, Neil T. & Taylor, Anne W. & Niyonsenga, Theo & Daniel, Mark
2016, Volume 165, Issue C
- 1-9 Theory-based modifications of an advanced notification letter improves screening for bowel cancer in men: A randomised controlled trial
by Zajac, Ian T. & Duncan, Amy C. & Flight, Ingrid & Wittert, Gary A. & Cole, Stephen R. & Young, Graeme P. & Wilson, Carlene J. & Turnbull, Deborah A.
- 10-18 What health plans do people prefer? The trade-off between premium and provider choice
by Determann, Domino & Lambooij, Mattijs S. & de Bekker-Grob, Esther W. & Hayen, Arthur P. & Varkevisser, Marco & Schut, Frederik T. & Wit, G. Ardine de
- 19-27 Mediating pathways between parental socio-economic position and allostatic load in mid-life: Findings from the 1958 British birth cohort
by Barboza Solís, Cristina & Fantin, Romain & Castagné, Raphaële & Lang, Thierry & Delpierre, Cyrille & Kelly-Irving, Michelle
- 28-35 Affective health bias in older adults: Considering positive and negative affect in a general health context
by Whitehead, Brenda R. & Bergeman, C.S.
- 36-45 “Quitting like a Turk:” How political priority developed for tobacco control in Turkey
by Hoe, Connie & Rodriguez, Daniela C. & Üzümcüoğlu, Yeşim & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 46-55 Spread of health behaviors in young couples: How relationship power shapes relational influence
by Cornelius, Talea & Desrosiers, Alethea & Kershaw, Trace
- 56-65 The emotional cost of distance: Geographic social network dispersion and post-traumatic stress among survivors of Hurricane Katrina
by Morris, Katherine Ann & Deterding, Nicole M.
- 66-74 Patient and general public preferences for health states: A call to reconsider current guidelines
by Versteegh, M.M. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 75-81 Measuring physicians' trust: A scoping review with implications for public policy
by Wilk, Adam S. & Platt, Jodyn E.
- 82-91 “Whether something cool is good enough”: The role of evidence, sales representatives and nurses' expertise in hospital purchasing decisions
by Grundy, Quinn
- 92-98 Truth and lies: Disclosure and the power of diagnosis
by Jutel, Annemarie
- 99-107 Gender and genetic contributions to weight identity among adolescents and young adults in the U.S
by Wedow, Robbee & Briley, Daniel A. & Short, Susan E. & Boardman, Jason D.
- 108-118 Do early life cognitive ability and self-regulation skills explain socio-economic inequalities in academic achievement? An effect decomposition analysis in UK and Australian cohorts
by Pearce, Anna & Sawyer, Alyssa C.P. & Chittleborough, Catherine R. & Mittinty, Murthy N. & Law, Catherine & Lynch, John W.
- 119-127 Marital quality, marital dissolution, and mortality risk during the later life course
by Bulanda, Jennifer Roebuck & Brown, J. Scott & Yamashita, Takashi
- 128-140 To move or not to move? Exploring the relationship between residential mobility, risk of cardiovascular disease and ethnicity in New Zealand
by Darlington-Pollock, Frances & Norman, Paul & Lee, Arier C. & Grey, Corina & Mehta, Suneela & Exeter, Daniel J.
- 141-149 “I have to constantly prove to myself, to people, that I fit the bill”: Perspectives on weight and shape control behaviors among low-income, ethnically diverse young transgender women
by Gordon, Allegra R. & Austin, S. Bryn & Krieger, Nancy & White Hughto, Jaclyn M. & Reisner, Sari L.
- 150-158 Young people's use of medicines: Pharmaceuticalised governance and illness management within household and school settings
by Thomas, Felicity
- 159-167 “Symptoms of something all around us”: Mental health, Inuit culture, and criminal justice in Arctic communities in Nunavut, Canada
by Ferrazzi, Priscilla & Krupa, Terry
- 168-176 Barriers and facilitators to health screening in men: A systematic review
by Teo, Chin Hai & Ng, Chirk Jenn & Booth, Andrew & White, Alan
- 177-186 Neighborhood safety factors associated with older adults' health-related outcomes: A systematic literature review
by Won, Jaewoong & Lee, Chanam & Forjuoh, Samuel N. & Ory, Marcia G.
- 187-195 What is herd immunity, and how does it relate to pediatric vaccination uptake? US parent perspectives
by Sobo, Elisa J.
- 206-213 Building a culture of health: A new framework and measures for health and health care in America
by Trujillo, Matthew D. & Plough, Alonzo
- 214-222 Cultures of engagement: The organizational foundations of advancing health in immigrant and low-income communities of color
by Bloemraad, Irene & Terriquez, Veronica
- 223-232 Destigmatization and health: Cultural constructions and the long-term reduction of stigma
by Clair, Matthew & Daniel, Caitlin & Lamont, Michèle
- 233-245 Risk is for the rich? Childhood vaccination resistance and a Culture of Health
by Berezin, Mabel & Eads, Alicia
- 246-254 The politics of health mobilization in the United States: The promise and pitfalls of “disease constituencies”
by Epstein, Steven
- 255-262 How a housing advocacy coalition adds health: A culture of claims-making
by Dasgupta, Kushan & Lichterman, Paul
- 263-270 How health navigators legitimize the Affordable Care Act to the uninsured poor
by Vargas, Robert
- 271-279 Culture, health, and bigotry: How exposure to cultural accounts of fatness shape attitudes about health risk, health policies, and weight-based prejudice
by Frederick, David A. & Saguy, Abigail C. & Gruys, Kjerstin
- 280-288 Cultural carrying capacity: Organ donation advocacy, discursive framing, and social media engagement
by Bail, Christopher A.
- 289-296 How does a culture of health change? Lessons from the war on cigarettes
by Schudson, Michael & Baykurt, Burcu
2016, Volume 164, Issue C
- 1-11 Older adults' quality of life – Exploring the role of the built environment and social cohesion in community-dwelling seniors on low income
by Engel, L. & Chudyk, A.M. & Ashe, M.C. & McKay, H.A. & Whitehurst, D.G.T. & Bryan, S.
- 12-18 Managing madness, murderers and paedophiles: Understanding change in the field of English forensic psychiatry
by McDonald, Ruth & Furtado, Vivek & Vollm, Birgit
- 19-26 Visualising uncertainty: Examining women's views on the role of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in late pregnancy
by Reed, Kate & Kochetkova, Inna & Whitby, Elspeth
- 27-34 Limits and opportunities to community health worker empowerment: A multi-country comparative study
by Kane, Sumit & Kok, Maryse & Ormel, Hermen & Otiso, Lilian & Sidat, Mohsin & Namakhoma, Ireen & Nasir, Sudirman & Gemechu, Daniel & Rashid, Sabina & Taegtmeyer, Miriam & Theobald, Sally & de Koning, Korrie
- 35-43 Understanding HIV-related stigma in older age in rural Malawi
by Freeman, Emily
- 44-48 A chapter a day: Association of book reading with longevity
by Bavishi, Avni & Slade, Martin D. & Levy, Becca R.
- 49-58 Do racial inequities in infant mortality correspond to variations in societal conditions? A study of state-level income inequality in the U.S., 1992–2007
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Jones, Marcella K. & Bruce, Donald J. & Erwin, Paul C.
- 59-73 Healthy or unhealthy migrants? Identifying internal migration effects on mortality in Africa using health and demographic surveillance systems of the INDEPTH network
by Ginsburg, Carren & Bocquier, Philippe & Béguy, Donatien & Afolabi, Sulaimon & Augusto, Orvalho & Derra, Karim & Herbst, Kobus & Lankoande, Bruno & Odhiambo, Frank & Otiende, Mark & Soura, Abdramane & Wamukoya, Marylene & Zabré, Pascal & White, Michael J. & Collinson, Mark A.
- 74-88 Does fiscal decentralization improve health outcomes? Evidence from infant mortality in Italy
by Cavalieri, Marina & Ferrante, Livio
- 89-99 Agroecology and sustainable food systems: Participatory research to improve food security among HIV-affected households in northern Malawi
by Nyantakyi-Frimpong, Hanson & Mambulu, Faith Nankasa & Bezner Kerr, Rachel & Luginaah, Isaac & Lupafya, Esther
- 100-107 Rhetoric and the law, or the law of rhetoric: How countries oppose novel tobacco control measures at the World Trade Organization
by Lencucha, Raphael & Drope, Jeffrey & Labonte, Ronald
- 108-117 Collaboration and entanglement: An actor-network theory analysis of team-based intraprofessional care for patients with advanced heart failure
by McDougall, A. & Goldszmidt, M. & Kinsella, E.A. & Smith, S. & Lingard, L.
- 118-129 The impact of strengthening cigarette pack warnings: Systematic review of longitudinal observational studies
by Noar, Seth M. & Francis, Diane B. & Bridges, Christy & Sontag, Jennah M. & Ribisl, Kurt M. & Brewer, Noel T.
- 133-140 Medical mistrust among social network members may contribute to antiretroviral treatment nonadherence in African Americans living with HIV
by Bogart, Laura M. & Wagner, Glenn J. & Green, Harold D. & Mutchler, Matt G. & Klein, David J. & McDavitt, Bryce & Lawrence, Sean J. & Hilliard, Charles L.
- 141-149 Interpersonal communication about pictorial health warnings on cigarette packages: Policy-related influences and relationships with smoking cessation attempts
by Thrasher, James F. & Abad-Vivero, Erika N. & Huang, Liling & O'Connor, Richard J. & Hammond, David & Bansal-Travers, Maansi & Yong, Hua-Hie & Borland, Ron & Markovsky, Barry & Hardin, James
- 150-157 Are liveable neighbourhoods safer neighbourhoods? Testing the rhetoric on new urbanism and safety from crime in Perth, Western Australia
by Foster, Sarah & Hooper, Paula & Knuiman, Matthew & Bull, Fiona & Giles-Corti, Billie
2016, Volume 163, Issue C
- 1-9 “Whenever they cry, I cry with them”: Reciprocal relationships and the role of ethics in a verbal autopsy study in Papua New Guinea
by Gouda, H.N. & Kelly-Hanku, A. & Wilson, L. & Maraga, S. & Riley, I.D.
- 10-20 Can cash transfers improve determinants of maternal mortality? Evidence from the household and community programs in Indonesia
by Kusuma, Dian & Cohen, Jessica & McConnell, Margaret & Berman, Peter
- 21-27 “It’s not if I get cancer, it’s when I get cancer”: BRCA-positive patients’ (un)certain health experiences regarding hereditary breast and ovarian cancer risk
by Dean, Marleah
- 28-36 Drivers of sustained hygiene behaviour change: A case study from mid-western Nepal
by McMichael, Celia & Robinson, Priscilla
- 37-44 Cross-section and panel estimates of peer effects in early adolescent cannabis use: With a little help from my ‘friends once removed’
by Moriarty, John & McVicar, Duncan & Higgins, Kathryn
- 45-53 Web based health surveys: Using a Two Step Heckman model to examine their potential for population health analysis
by Morrissey, Karyn & Kinderman, Peter & Pontin, Eleanor & Tai, Sara & Schwannauer, Mathias
- 54-62 Personality traits and body weight: Evidence using sibling comparisons
by Kim, Jinho
- 63-70 Political strategies in difficult times – The “backstage” experience of Swedish politicians on formal priority setting in healthcare
by Garpenby, Peter & Nedlund, Ann-Charlotte
- 71-79 Alcohol abstention in early adulthood and premature mortality: Do early life factors, social support, and health explain this association?
by Evans-Polce, Rebecca J. & Staff, Jeremy & Maggs, Jennifer L.
- 80-88 Development of an explanatory model of sexual intimacy following treatment for localised prostate cancer: A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative evidence
by Tucker, Samantha R. & Speer, Susan A. & Peters, Sarah
- 89-97 Action control in dyads: A randomized controlled trial to promote physical activity in everyday life
by Berli, Corina & Stadler, Gertraud & Inauen, Jennifer & Scholz, Urte
- 98-106 “Halfway towards recovery”: Rehabilitating the relational self in narratives of postnatal depression
by Stone, Meredith & Kokanovic, Renata
- 107-116 Gender differentials and old age survival in the Nairobi slums, Kenya
by Bennett, Rachel & Chepngeno-Langat, Gloria & Evandrou, Maria & Falkingham, Jane
- 117-125 Retirement and its consequences for women's health in Australia
by Zhu, Rong
- 126-134 Exhausted without trust and inherent worth: A model of the suicide process based on experiential accounts
by Benson, Outi & Gibson, Susanne & Boden, Zoë V.R. & Owen, Gareth
- 135-143 Disentangling the directions of associations between structural social capital and mental health: Longitudinal analyses of gender, civic engagement and depressive symptoms
by Landstedt, Evelina & Almquist, Ylva B. & Eriksson, Malin & Hammarström, Anne
- 144-156 A cross-sectional and spatial analysis of the prevalence of multimorbidity and its association with socioeconomic disadvantage in South Africa: A comparison between 2008 and 2012
by Weimann, Amy & Dai, Dajun & Oni, Tolu
- 157-167 Are testosterone levels and depression risk linked based on partnering and parenting? Evidence from a large population-representative study of U.S. men and women
by Gettler, Lee T. & Oka, Rahul C.
- 168-175 Dimensions of religious involvement and leukocyte telomere length
by Hill, Terrence D. & Ellison, Christopher G. & Burdette, Amy M. & Taylor, John & Friedman, Katherine L.
2016, Volume 162, Issue C
- 1-10 The impact on health of employment and welfare transitions for those receiving out-of-work disability benefits in the UK
by Curnock, Esther & Leyland, Alastair H. & Popham, Frank
- 11-20 Growth of health maintenance organisations in Nigeria and the potential for a role in promoting universal coverage efforts
by Onoka, Chima A. & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne
- 21-31 Multiple contexts and adolescent body mass index: Schools, neighborhoods, and social networks
by Evans, Clare R. & Onnela, Jukka-Pekka & Williams, David R. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 32-40 Heuristic decision-making about research participation in children with cystic fibrosis
by Christofides, Emily & Dobson, Jennifer A. & Solomon, Melinda & Waters, Valerie & O’Doherty, Kieran C.
- 41-49 Socio-economic status in relation to smoking: The role of (expected and desired) social support and quitter identity
by Meijer, Eline & Gebhardt, Winifred A. & Van Laar, Colette & Kawous, Ramin & Beijk, Sarah C.A.M.
- 50-58 Moving to opportunity and mental health: Exploring the spatial context of neighborhood effects
by Graif, Corina & Arcaya, Mariana C. & Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 59-67 Developing robust composite measures of healthcare quality – Ranking intervals and dominance relations for Scottish Health Boards
by Schang, Laura & Hynninen, Yrjänä & Morton, Alec & Salo, Ahti
- 68-78 The Index of Vulnerability: An anthropological method linking social-ecological systems to mental and physical health outcomes
by Tallman, Paula Skye
- 79-87 Understanding public reactions to commercialization of biobanks and use of biobank resources
by Nicol, Dianne & Critchley, Christine & McWhirter, Rebekah & Whitton, Tess
- 88-96 The health effects of the foreclosure crisis and unaffordable housing: A systematic review and explanation of evidence
by Downing, Janelle
- 97-105 A transactional approach to relationships over time between perceived HIV stigma and the psychological and physical well-being of people with HIV
by Miller, Carol T. & Solomon, Sondra E. & Varni, Susan E. & Hodge, James J. & Knapp, F. Andrew & Bunn, Janice Y.
- 106-114 The relationship between electronic gaming machine accessibility and police-recorded domestic violence: A spatio-temporal analysis of 654 postcodes in Victoria, Australia, 2005–2014
by Markham, Francis & Doran, Bruce & Young, Martin
- 115-123 To tell or not to tell: A qualitative interview study on disclosure decisions among children with inflammatory bowel disease
by Barned, Claudia & Stinzi, Alain & Mack, David & O’Doherty, Kieran C.
- 124-132 Moving from rational to normative ideologies of control over public involvement: A case of continued managerial dominance
by Croft, Charlotte & Currie, Graeme & Staniszewska, Sophie
- 133-142 Understanding specialist sharing: A mixed-method exploration in an increasingly price-competitive hospital market
by Westra, Daan & Angeli, Federica & Jatautaitė, Evelina & Carree, Martin & Ruwaard, Dirk
- 143-150 How does the seasonality influence utilitarian walking behaviour in different urbanization settings in Scotland?
by Hong, Jinhyun
- 151-157 “You get to know the people and whether they’re talking sense or not”: Negotiating trust on health-related forums
by Brady, Ellen & Segar, Julia & Sanders, Caroline
- 158-167 Education and alcohol use: A study of gene-environment interaction in young adulthood
by Barr, Peter B. & Salvatore, Jessica E. & Maes, Hermine & Aliev, Fazil & Latvala, Antti & Viken, Richard & Rose, Richard J. & Kaprio, Jaakko & Dick, Danielle M.
- 168-176 Happiness and health across the lifespan in five major cities: The impact of place and government performance
by Hogan, Michael J. & Leyden, Kevin M. & Conway, Ronan & Goldberg, Abraham & Walsh, Deirdre & McKenna-Plumley, Phoebe E.
- 177-184 Mothercraft: Birth work and the making of neoliberal mothers
by McCabe, Katharine
- 185-192 High performance in healthcare priority setting and resource allocation: A literature- and case study-based framework in the Canadian context
by Smith, Neale & Mitton, Craig & Hall, William & Bryan, Stirling & Donaldson, Cam & Peacock, Stuart & Gibson, Jennifer L. & Urquhart, Bonnie
- 193-200 Peer counselling for doctors in Norway: A qualitative study of the relationship between support and surveillance
by Isaksson Rø, Karin & Veggeland, Frode & Aasland, Olaf G.
- 201-209 Involving immigrant religious organizations in HIV/AIDS prevention: The role of bonding and bridging social capital
by Leung, ManChui R. & Chin, John J. & Petrescu-Prahova, Miruna
- 210-218 Cash transfers, maternal depression and emotional well-being: Quasi-experimental evidence from India’s Janani Suraksha Yojana programme
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Pereira, Shreya K. & Dutt, Varun & Tougher, Sarah & Haldar, Kaveri & Kumar, Paresh
- 219-226 Challenges in researching violence affecting health service delivery in complex security environments
by Foghammar, Ludvig & Jang, Suyoun & Kyzy, Gulzhan Asylbek & Weiss, Nerina & Sullivan, Katherine A. & Gibson-Fall, Fawzia & Irwin, Rachel
2016, Volume 161, Issue C
- 1-12 Gender inequality and the ‘East-West’ divide in contraception: An analysis at the individual, the couple, and the country level
by Dereuddre, Rozemarijn & Van de Velde, Sarah & Bracke, Piet
- 13-18 Forced removals embodied as tuberculosis
by Richardson, Eugene T. & Morrow, Carl D. & Ho, Theodore & Fürst, Nicole & Cohelia, Rebekkah & Tram, Khai Hoan & Farmer, Paul E. & Wood, Robin
- 19-26 Equally inequitable? A cross-national comparative study of racial health inequalities in the United States and Canada
by Ramraj, Chantel & Shahidi, Faraz Vahid & Darity, William & Kawachi, Ichiro & Zuberi, Daniyal & Siddiqi, Arjumand
- 27-36 Living with sickle cell disease and depression in Lagos, Nigeria: A mixed methods study
by Ola, Bolanle A. & Yates, Scott J. & Dyson, Simon M.
- 37-46 A psychosocial resilience curriculum provides the “missing piece” to boost adolescent physical health: A randomized controlled trial of Girls First in India
by Leventhal, Katherine Sachs & DeMaria, Lisa M. & Gillham, Jane E. & Andrew, Gracy & Peabody, John & Leventhal, Steve M.
- 47-54 Predictors of depressive symptoms following the Great East Japan earthquake: A prospective study
by Tsuboya, Toru & Aida, Jun & Hikichi, Hiroyuki & Subramanian, S.V. & Kondo, Katsunori & Osaka, Ken & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 55-60 Weight-related stigma is a significant psychosocial stressor in developing countries: Evidence from Guatemala
by Hackman, Joseph & Maupin, Jonathan & Brewis, Alexandra A.
- 64-73 The influence of patients’ immigration background and residence permit status on treatment decisions in health care. Results of a factorial survey among general practitioners in Switzerland
by Drewniak, Daniel & Krones, Tanja & Sauer, Carsten & Wild, Verina
- 74-82 The effect of metropolitan-area mortgage delinquency on health behaviors, access to health services, and self-rated health in the United States, 2003–2010
by Charters, Thomas J. & Harper, Sam & Strumpf, Erin C. & Subramanian, S.V. & Arcaya, Mariana & Nandi, Arijit
- 83-91 Identifying components in consent information needed to support informed decision making about trial participation: An interview study with women managing cancer
by Abhyankar, Purva & Velikova, Galina & Summers, Barbara & Bekker, Hilary L.
- 92-99 Regional inequalities in self-rated health in Russia: What is the role of social and economic capital?
by Lyytikäinen, Laura & Kemppainen, Teemu
- 100-108 The social life of the dead: The role of post-mortem examinations in medical student socialisation
by Goodwin, Dawn & Machin, Laura & Taylor, Adam
- 109-117 Culture as a mediator of gene-environment interaction: Cultural consonance, childhood adversity, a 2A serotonin receptor polymorphism, and depression in urban Brazil
by Dressler, William W. & Balieiro, Mauro C. & Ferreira de Araújo, Luiza & Silva, Wilson A. & Ernesto dos Santos, José
- 118-125 Self-reported morbidity and health service utilization in rural Tamil Nadu, India
by Dodd, Warren & King, Nia & Humphries, Sally & Little, Matthew & Dewey, Cate
- 126-133 Lower parental numeracy is associated with children being under- and overweight
by Dallacker, Mattea & Hertwig, Ralph & Peters, Ellen & Mata, Jutta
- 134-142 Using global positioning systems to study health-related mobility and participation
by Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Klein, Louis A. & Salzer, Mark S.
- 143-150 Sexual stigma and symbolic violence experienced, enacted, and counteracted in young Africans’ writing about same-sex attraction
by Winskell, Kate & Sabben, Gaëlle
- 151-159 Do waiting times affect health outcomes? Evidence from coronary bypass
by Moscelli, Giuseppe & Siciliani, Luigi & Tonei, Valentina
- 160-168 ADHD in context: Young adults’ reports of the impact of occupational environment on the manifestation of ADHD
by Lasky, Arielle K. & Weisner, Thomas S. & Jensen, Peter S. & Hinshaw, Stephen P. & Hechtman, Lily & Arnold, L. Eugene & W. Murray, Desiree & Swanson, James M.
- 169-177 The consequences of sickness presenteeism on health and wellbeing over time: A systematic review
by Skagen, Kristian & Collins, Alison M.
- 178-194 Discrimination and drinking: A systematic review of the evidence
by Gilbert, Paul A. & Zemore, Sarah E.
- 195-203 Effects of a settings-based intervention to promote student wellbeing and reduce smoking in vocational schools: A non-randomized controlled study
by Andersen, Susan & Rod, Morten Hulvej & Ersbøll, Annette Kjær & Stock, Christiane & Johansen, Christoffer & Holmberg, Teresa & Zinckernagel, Line & Ingholt, Liselotte & Sørensen, Betina Bang & Tolstrup, Janne Schurmann
2016, Volume 160, Issue C
- 1-8 Embodying health identities: A study of young people with asthma
by Monaghan, Lee F. & Gabe, Jonathan
- 9-19 Geographies of medicalized welfare: Spatial analysis of supplemental security income in the U.S., 2000–2010
by Wong, Sandy
- 20-28 Health, employment and relationships: Correlates of personal wellbeing in young adults with and without a history of childhood language impairment
by Conti-Ramsden, Gina & Durkin, Kevin & Mok, Pearl L.H. & Toseeb, Umar & Botting, Nicola
- 29-34 Has the Spanish economic crisis affected the duration of sickness absence episodes?
by Murcia López, Guillermo & Delclós Clanchet, Jordi & Ubalde López, Mònica & Calvo Bonacho, Eva & Benavides, Fernando G.
- 35-42 Receiving care for intimate partner violence in primary care: Barriers and enablers for women participating in the weave randomised controlled trial
by O’Doherty, Lorna & Taket, Ann & Valpied, Jodie & Hegarty, Kelsey
- 43-53 “I just couldn’t step out of the circle. I was trapped”: Patterns of endurance and distress in Chinese-Canadian women with a history of suicidal behaviour
by Zaheer, Juveria & Shera, Wes & Tsang, A. Ka Tat & Law, Samuel & Fung, Wai Lun Alan & Eynan, Rahel & Lam, June & Zheng, Xiaoqian & Pozi, Liu & Links, Paul S.
- 54-66 Gender, education and Russia’s tobacco epidemic: A life-course approach
by Quirmbach, Diana & Gerry, Christopher J.
- 67-74 Interpreting suffering from illness: The role of culture and repressive suffering construal
by Yang, Qian & Liu, Shi & Sullivan, Daniel & Pan, Shengdong
- 75-86 Timing and utilization of antenatal care services in Liberia: Understanding the pre-Ebola epidemic context
by Luginaah, Isaac N. & Kangmennaang, Joseph & Fallah, Mosoka & Dahn, Bernice & Kateh, Francis & Nyenswah, Tolbert
- 87-93 Lifestyle behaviors and ethnic identity among diverse women at high risk for type 2 diabetes
by Brown, Susan D. & Ehrlich, Samantha F. & Kubo, Ai & Tsai, Ai-Lin & Hedderson, Monique M. & Quesenberry, Charles P. & Ferrara, Assiamira
- 94-101 Detached concern?: Emotional socialization in twenty-first century medical education
by Underman, Kelly & Hirshfield, Laura E.
- 102-110 First-time parents’ shared representation of postpartum depressive symptoms: A qualitative analysis
by Henshaw, Erin J. & Durkin, Kristine M. & Snell, Rita J.
- 111-119 A longitudinal analysis of cross-border ties and depression for Latino adults
by Torres, Jacqueline M. & Lee, Anne & González, Hector M. & Garcia, Lorena & Haan, Mary N.
- 120-127 Prevention of frailty through narrative intervention
by Freitag, S. & Schmidt, S.
2016, Volume 159, Issue C
- 1-13 Living under surveillance: Gender, psychological distress, and stop-question-and-frisk policing in New York City
by Sewell, Abigail A. & Jefferson, Kevin A. & Lee, Hedwig
- 14-21 The discordant pleasures of everyday eating: Reflections on the social gradient in obesity under neo-liberalism
by Bissell, Paul & Peacock, Marian & Blackburn, Joanna & Smith, Christine
- 22-29 Understanding global health and development partnerships: Perspectives from African and global health system professionals
by Barnes, Amy & Brown, Garrett W. & Harman, Sophie
- 30-37 Stress contagion in the classroom? The link between classroom teacher burnout and morning cortisol in elementary school students
by Oberle, Eva & Schonert-Reichl, Kimberly A.
- 38-47 Latino residential segregation and self-rated health among Latinos: Washington State Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2012–2014
by Plascak, Jesse J. & Molina, Yamile & Wu-Georges, Samantha & Idris, Ayah & Thompson, Beti
- 48-57 Rethinking the antivaccine movement concept: A case study of public criticism of the swine flu vaccine’s safety in France
by Ward, Jeremy K.
- 61-72 Suicides and accidents on birthdays: Evidence from Japan
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Ueda, Michiko
- 73-82 The ecocultural context and child behavior problems: A qualitative analysis in rural Nepal
by Burkey, Matthew D. & Ghimire, Lajina & Adhikari, Ramesh Prasad & Wissow, Lawrence S. & Jordans, Mark J.D. & Kohrt, Brandon A.
- 83-91 Economic evaluation of price discounts and skill-building strategies on purchase and consumption of healthy food and beverages: The SHELf randomized controlled trial
by Le, Ha N.D. & Gold, Lisa & Abbott, Gavin & Crawford, David & McNaughton, Sarah A. & Mhurchu, Cliona Ni & Pollard, Christina & Ball, Kylie
- 92-99 Social protection for all ages? Impacts of Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program on child nutrition
by Porter, Catherine & Goyal, Radhika
- 100-107 Collaborative patient-provider communication and uptake of adolescent vaccines
by Moss, Jennifer L. & Reiter, Paul L. & Rimer, Barbara K. & Brewer, Noel T.
- 108-115 The doctor-patient relationship as a toolkit for uncertain clinical decisions
by Diamond-Brown, Lauren
- 116-126 Parental acceptance and uptake of the HPV vaccine among African-Americans and Latinos in the United States: A literature review
by Galbraith, Kayoll V. & Lechuga, Julia & Jenerette, Coretta M. & Moore, LTC Angelo D. & Palmer, Mary H. & Hamilton, Jill B.
- 127-131 A sign of the times: To have or to be? Social capital or social cohesion?
by Carrasco, Maria A. & Bilal, Usama
- 132-139 After geneticization
by Arribas-Ayllon, Michael
- 140-151 Waiting time prioritisation: Evidence from England
by Gutacker, Nils & Siciliani, Luigi & Cookson, Richard
- 152-160 Marital status and mortality: Does family structure in childhood matter?
by Kang, Jeong-han & Kim, Jibum & Lee, Min-Ah
- 161-169 Is Development Assistance for Health fungible? Findings from a mixed methods case study in Tanzania
by Martínez Álvarez, Melisa & Borghi, Josephine & Acharya, Arnab & Vassall, Anna
- 170-179 How do individuals’ health behaviours respond to an increase in the supply of health care? Evidence from a natural experiment
by Fichera, Eleonora & Gray, Ewan & Sutton, Matt
2016, Volume 158, Issue C
- 1-7 Long-term health implications of school quality
by Dudovitz, Rebecca N. & Nelson, Bergen B. & Coker, Tumaini R. & Biely, Christopher & Li, Ning & Wu, Lynne C. & Chung, Paul J.
- 8-13 Birth order and mortality in two ethno-linguistic groups: Register-based evidence from Finland
by Saarela, Jan & Cederström, Agneta & Rostila, Mikael
- 14-23 The acceptability of physical activity interventions to older adults: A systematic review and meta-synthesis
by Devereux-Fitzgerald, Angela & Powell, Rachael & Dewhurst, Anne & French, David P.
- 24-33 The feminine ideal and transactional sex: Navigating respectability and risk in Swaziland
by Fielding-Miller, Rebecca & Dunkle, Kristin L. & Jama-Shai, Nwabisa & Windle, Michael & Hadley, Craig & Cooper, Hannah L.F.
- 34-42 Patient education as a status passage in life – An ethnographic study exploring participation in a Danish group based patient education programme
by Kristiansen, Tine Mechlenborg & Antoft, Rasmus
- 43-51 Ethnic health inequalities in Europe. The moderating and amplifying role of healthcare system characteristics
by Blom, Niels & Huijts, Tim & Kraaykamp, Gerbert
- 52-60 The uncertainty of treatment: Women's use of HIV treatment as prevention in Malawi
by Zhou, Amy
- 61-74 Neighbourhood effects on body constitution–A case study of Hong Kong
by Low, Chien Tat & Lai, Poh Chin & Li, Han Dong & Ho, Wai Kit & Wong, Paulina & Chen, Si & Wong, Wing Cheung
- 75-85 Exploring the relationship between time preference, body fatness, and educational attainment
by Brown, Heather & Biosca, Olga
- 86-95 The impact of precarious employment on mental health: The case of Italy
by Moscone, F. & Tosetti, E. & Vittadini, G.
- 96-104 Fostering reflective trust between mothers and community health nurses to improve the effectiveness of health and nutrition efforts: An ethnographic study in Ghana, West Africa
by Ackatia-Armah, Nana M. & Addy, Nii Antiaye & Ghosh, Shibani & Dubé, Laurette
- 105-113 Do minimum wages improve early life health? Evidence from developing countries
by Majid, Muhammad Farhan & Mendoza Rodríguez, José M. & Harper, Sam & Frank, John & Nandi, Arijit
- 114-121 An examination of health selection among U.S. immigrants using multi-national data
by Ro, Annie & Fleischer, Nancy L. & Blebu, Bridgette
- 122-131 Neighborhood and home food environment and children's diet and obesity: Evidence from military personnel's installation assignment
by Shier, Victoria & Nicosia, Nancy & Datar, Ashlesha
- 132-140 How does employment quality relate to health and job satisfaction in Europe? A typological approach
by Van Aerden, Karen & Puig-Barrachina, Vanessa & Bosmans, Kim & Vanroelen, Christophe
- 141-148 Anticipated stigma and blameless guilt: Mothers' evaluation of life with the sex-linked disorder, hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (XHED)
by Clarke, Angus
- 149-157 Health as a predictor of early retirement before and after introduction of a flexible statutory pension age in Finland
by Leinonen, Taina & Laaksonen, Mikko & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka
- 158-167 Nutrient intake: A cross-national analysis of trends and economic correlates
by Dave, Dhaval & Doytch, Nadia & Kelly, Inas Rashad
2016, Volume 157, Issue C
- 1-8 “Black folk don't get no severe depression”: Meanings and expressions of depression in a predominantly black urban neighborhood in Midwestern United States
by Alang, Sirry M.
- 9-17 Young maternal age at first birth and mental health later in life: Does the association vary by birth cohort?
by Aitken, Zoe & Hewitt, Belinda & Keogh, Louise & LaMontagne, Anthony D. & Bentley, Rebecca & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 18-26 Harsh parenting, physical health, and the protective role of positive parent-adolescent relationships
by Schofield, Thomas J. & Conger, Rand D. & Gonzales, Joseph E. & Merrick, Melissa T.
- 27-30 Intimate partner violence against women and the Nordic paradox
by Gracia, Enrique & Merlo, Juan
- 31-38 The power of (Mis)perception: Rethinking suicide contagion in youth friendship networks
by Zimmerman, Gregory M. & Rees, Carter & Posick, Chad & Zimmerman, Lori A.
- 39-47 Income inequality and health in China: A panel data analysis
by Bakkeli, Nan Zou
- 48-59 Valuing the Child Health Utility 9D: Using profile case best worst scaling methods to develop a new adolescent specific scoring algorithm
by Ratcliffe, Julie & Huynh, Elisabeth & Chen, Gang & Stevens, Katherine & Swait, Joffre & Brazier, John & Sawyer, Michael & Roberts, Rachel & Flynn, Terry
- 60-67 Marital disruption is associated with shorter salivary telomere length in a probability sample of older adults
by Whisman, Mark A. & Robustelli, Briana L. & Sbarra, David A.
- 68-77 Turning point or selection? The effect of rustication on subsequent health for the Chinese Cultural Revolution cohort
by Fan, Wen
- 78-86 Types of integration and depressive symptoms: A latent class analysis on the resettled population for the Three Gorges dam project, China
by Xi, Juan
- 87-95 An evaluation of the healthy immigrant effect with adolescents in Canada: Examinations of gender and length of residence
by Kwak, Kyunghwa
- 96-102 Measuring needs for priority setting in healthcare planning and policy
by Herlitz, Anders & Horan, David
- 103-110 Of natural bodies and antibodies: Parents' vaccine refusal and the dichotomies of natural and artificial
by Reich, Jennifer A.
- 111-119 Supporting employees' work-family needs improves health care quality: Longitudinal evidence from long-term care
by Okechukwu, Cassandra A. & Kelly, Erin L. & Bacic, Janine & DePasquale, Nicole & Hurtado, David & Kossek, Ellen & Sembajwe, Grace
- 120-126 Marital transitions and associated changes in fruit and vegetable intake: Findings from the population-based prospective EPIC-Norfolk cohort, UK
by Vinther, Johan L. & Conklin, Annalijn I. & Wareham, Nicholas J. & Monsivais, Pablo
- 127-137 Development, validation, and performance of a scale to measure community mobilization
by Lippman, Sheri A. & Neilands, Torsten B. & Leslie, Hannah H. & Maman, Suzanne & MacPhail, Catherine & Twine, Rhian & Peacock, Dean & Kahn, Kathleen & Pettifor, Audrey
- 138-147 Why are well-educated Muscovites more likely to survive? Understanding the biological pathways
by Todd, Megan A. & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Goldman, Noreen
- 148-155 Social support as a mediator between job control and psychological strain
by Blanch, Angel
- 156-164 Analysis of policy towards improvement of perinatal mortality in the Netherlands (2004–2011)
by Vos, Amber A. & van Voorst, Sabine F. & Steegers, Eric A.P. & Denktaş, Semiha
- 165-185 Risk factors for chronic undernutrition among children in India: Estimating relative importance, population attributable risk and fractions
by Corsi, Daniel J. & Mejía-Guevara, Iván & Subramanian, S.V.
2016, Volume 156, Issue C
- 1-11 Unpaid caregiving and paid work over life-courses: Different pathways, diverging outcomes
by Carmichael, Fiona & Ercolani, Marco G.
- 12-20 Distinct age and self-rated health crossover mortality effects for African Americans: Evidence from a national cohort study
by Roth, David L. & Skarupski, Kimberly A. & Crews, Deidra C. & Howard, Virginia J. & Locher, Julie L.
- 21-28 Increasing illness among people out of labor market – A Danish register-based study
by Andersen, Ingelise & Brønnum-Hansen, Henrik & Kriegbaum, Margit & Hougaard, Charlotte Ørsted & Hansen, Finn Kenneth & Diderichsen, Finn
- 29-38 Medical errors: Disclosure styles, interpersonal forgiveness, and outcomes
by Hannawa, Annegret F. & Shigemoto, Yuki & Little, Todd D.
- 39-46 The margins of medicalization: Diversity and context through the case of infertility
by Bell, Ann V.
- 47-54 Cardiopulmonary resuscitation decisions in the emergency department: An ethnography of tacit knowledge in practice
by Brummell, Stephen P. & Seymour, Jane & Higginbottom, Gina
- 55-63 Influence of neighborhood-level factors on social support in early-stage breast cancer patients and controls
by Thompson, Tess & Rodebaugh, Thomas L. & Pérez, Maria & Struthers, James & Sefko, Julianne A. & Lian, Min & Schootman, Mario & Jeffe, Donna B.
- 64-72 Bisexuality, poverty and mental health: A mixed methods analysis
by Ross, Lori E. & O'Gorman, Laurel & MacLeod, Melissa A. & Bauer, Greta R. & MacKay, Jenna & Robinson, Margaret
- 73-79 Accessibility and use of primary healthcare for immigrants living in the Niagara Region
by Lum, Irene D. & Swartz, Rebecca H. & Kwan, Matthew Y.W.
- 80-89 Cognitive and neurobehavioral symptoms in patients with non-metastatic prostate cancer treated with androgen deprivation therapy or observation: A mixed methods study
by Wu, Lisa M. & Tanenbaum, Molly L. & Dijkers, Marcel P.J.M. & Amidi, Ali & Hall, Simon J. & Penedo, Frank J. & Diefenbach, Michael A.
- 90-97 The social management of biomedical novelty: Facilitating translation in regenerative medicine
by Gardner, John & Webster, Andrew
- 98-105 Adolescent psychological distress, unemployment, and the Great Recession: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth 1997
by Egan, Mark & Daly, Michael & Delaney, Liam
- 106-113 The role of patient-provider interactions: Using an accounts framework to explain hospital discharges against medical advice
by Lekas, Helen-Maria & Alfandre, David & Gordon, Peter & Harwood, Katherine & Yin, Michael T.
- 114-124 Childhood adversity and adult health: Evaluating intervening mechanisms
by Turner, R. Jay & Thomas, Courtney S. & Brown, Tyson H.
- 125-133 Stress at work: Differential experiences of high versus low SES workers
by Damaske, Sarah & Zawadzki, Matthew J. & Smyth, Joshua M.
- 134-141 Discrimination and excessive weight gain during pregnancy among Black and Latina young women
by Reid, Allecia E. & Rosenthal, Lisa & Earnshaw, Valerie A. & Lewis, Tené T. & Lewis, Jessica B. & Stasko, Emily C. & Tobin, Jonathan N. & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 142-153 Increasing public support for food-industry related, obesity prevention policies: The role of a taste-engineering frame and contextualized values
by Ortiz, Selena E. & Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Adler, Gary J.
- 154-166 Long-term exposure to political violence: The particular injury of persistent humiliation
by Barber, Brian K. & McNeely, Clea & Olsen, Joseph A. & Belli, Robert F. & Doty, Samuel Benjamin
- 167-174 Couples living with and around alcohol abuse: A study of a farmworker community in the Cape Winelands, South Africa
by Lesch, Elmien & Adams, Arlene R.
- 175-183 Where the lay and the technical meet: Using an anthropology of interfaces to explain persistent reproductive health disparities in West Africa
by Jaffré, Yannick & Suh, Siri
- 184-191 Can alcohol make you happy? A subjective wellbeing approach
by Geiger, Ben Baumberg & MacKerron, George
- 192-203 Patients' perceptions and experiences of cardiovascular disease and diabetes prevention programmes: A systematic review and framework synthesis using the Theoretical Domains Framework
by Shaw, Rachel L. & Holland, Carol & Pattison, Helen M. & Cooke, Richard
- 204-211 Exploring the views of people with mental health problems' on the concept of coercion: Towards a broader socio-ethical perspective
by Norvoll, Reidun & Pedersen, Reidar
2016, Volume 155, Issue C
- 1-11 Driving through the Great Recession: Why does motor vehicle fatality decrease when the economy slows down?
by He, Monica M.
- 15-23 The roles of specialisation and evidence-based practice in inter-professional jurisdictions: A qualitative study of stroke services in England, Sweden and Poland
by Baeza, Juan I. & Boaz, Annette & Fraser, Alec
- 24-34 Change and stability in work–family conflict and mothers' and fathers' mental health: Longitudinal evidence from an Australian cohort
by Cooklin, A.R. & Dinh, H. & Strazdins, L. & Westrupp, E. & Leach, L.S. & Nicholson, J.M.
- 35-42 “Drop dead … I need your job”: An exploratory study of intra-professional conflict amongst nurses in two Ontario cities
by Boateng, Godfred O. & Adams, Tracey L.
- 43-50 Understanding kidney transplant patients' treatment choices: The interaction of emotion with medical and social influences on risk preferences
by Harrington, Jean & Morgan, Myfanwy
- 51-60 Enacting the molecular imperative: How gene-environment interaction research links bodies and environments in the post-genomic age
by Darling, Katherine Weatherford & Ackerman, Sara L. & Hiatt, Robert H. & Lee, Sandra Soo-Jin & Shim, Janet K.
- 61-72 Global health diplomacy: A critical review of the literature
by Ruckert, Arne & Labonté, Ronald & Lencucha, Raphael & Runnels, Vivien & Gagnon, Michelle
- 73-81 CAM within a field force of countervailing powers: The case of Portugal
by Almeida, Joana & Gabe, Jonathan
- 82-92 Reproductive history and post-reproductive mortality: A sibling comparison analysis using Swedish register data
by Barclay, Kieron & Keenan, Katherine & Grundy, Emily & Kolk, Martin & Myrskylä, Mikko
- 93-101 Cross-border ties and Arab American mental health
by Samari, Goleen
2016, Volume 154, Issue C
- 1-8 Socio-economic divergence in public opinions about preventive obesity regulations: Is the purpose to ‘make some things cheaper, more affordable’ or to ‘help them get over their own ignorance’?
by Farrell, Lucy C. & Warin, Megan J. & Moore, Vivienne M. & Street, Jackie M.
- 9-17 Gender balance and its impact on male and female smoking rates in Chinese cities
by Yang, Tingzhong & Barnett, Ross & Jiang, Shuhan & Yu, Lingwei & Xian, Hong & Ying, Jun & Zheng, Weijun
- 18-27 An education gradient in health, a health gradient in education, or a confounded gradient in both?
by Lynch, Jamie L. & von Hippel, Paul T.
- 28-35 A question of balance: Explaining differences between parental and grandparental perspectives on preschoolers' feeding and physical activity
by Eli, Karin & Howell, Kyndal & Fisher, Philip A. & Nowicka, Paulina
- 36-44 Educational mismatch and health status among foreign-born workers in Sweden
by Dunlavy, A.C. & Garcy, A.M. & Rostila, M.
- 45-53 Deciding to tell: Qualitative configurational analysis of decisions to disclose experience of intimate partner violence in antenatal care
by Spangaro, Jo & Koziol-McLain, Jane & Zwi, Anthony & Rutherford, Alison & Frail, Mary-Anne & Ruane, Jennifer
- 54-61 Living an everyday life with head and neck cancer 2–2.5 years post-diagnosis – A qualitative prospective study of 56 patients
by Isaksson, Joakim & Salander, Pär & Lilliehorn, Sara & Laurell, Göran
- 62-69 When can parents most influence their child's development? Expert knowledge and perceived local realities
by Worthman, Carol M. & Tomlinson, Mark & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 70-84 Simultaneous effect of disabling conditions on primary health care use through a capability approach
by Bussière, Clémence & Sicsic, Jonathan & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie
- 85-92 ‘I knew before I was told’: Breaches, cues and clues in the diagnostic assemblage
by Locock, Louise & Nettleton, Sarah & Kirkpatrick, Susan & Ryan, Sara & Ziebland, Sue
- 93-99 Are major behavioral and sociodemographic risk factors for mortality additive or multiplicative in their effects?
by Mehta, Neil & Preston, Samuel
- 100-109 “Have no regrets:” Parents' experiences and developmental tasks in pregnancy with a lethal fetal diagnosis
by Côté-Arsenault, Denise & Denney-Koelsch, Erin
2016, Volume 153, Issue C
- 1-11 Power and the association with relationship quality in South African couples: Implications for HIV/AIDS interventions
by Conroy, Amy A. & McGrath, Nuala & van Rooyen, Heidi & Hosegood, Victoria & Johnson, Mallory O. & Fritz, Katherine & Marr, Alexander & Ngubane, Thulani & Darbes, Lynae A.
- 12-19 Taming the fear of voice: Dilemmas in maintaining a high vaccination rate in the Netherlands
by Geelen, Els & van Vliet, Hans & de Hoogh, Pieter & Horstman, Klasien
- 20-26 The role of social support in protecting mental health when employed and unemployed: A longitudinal fixed-effects analysis using 12 annual waves of the HILDA cohort
by Milner, Allison & Krnjacki, Lauren & Butterworth, Peter & LaMontagne, Anthony D.
- 27-34 Perceived discrimination and poor health: Accounting for self-blame complicates a well-established relationship
by Blodorn, Alison & Major, Brenda & Kaiser, Cheryl
- 35-43 Evidence of social network influence on multiple HIV risk behaviors and normative beliefs among young Tanzanian men
by Mulawa, Marta & Yamanis, Thespina J. & Hill, Lauren M. & Balvanz, Peter & Kajula, Lusajo J. & Maman, Suzanne
- 44-53 IMF-lending programs and suicide mortality
by Goulas, Eleftherios & Zervoyianni, Athina
- 54-61 The myth of the total institution: Written narratives of patients' views of sanatorium care 1908–1959
by Bengtsson, Staffan & Bülow, Pia H.
- 62-70 Poverty dynamics in Germany: Evidence on the relationship between persistent poverty and health behavior
by Aue, Katja & Roosen, Jutta & Jensen, Helen H.
- 71-80 The 2008 financial crisis: Changes in social capital and its association with psychological wellbeing in the United Kingdom – A panel study
by Lindström, Martin & Giordano, Giuseppe N.
- 81-89 “Socioeconomic inequalities in children's accessibility to food retailing: Examining the roles of mobility and time”
by Ravensbergen, Léa & Buliung, Ron & Wilson, Kathi & Faulkner, Guy
- 90-98 Employment insecurity and mental health during the economic recession: An analysis of the young adult labour force in Italy
by Fiori, Francesca & Rinesi, Francesca & Spizzichino, Daniele & Di Giorgio, Ginevra
- 99-106 Polio vaccine hesitancy in the networks and neighborhoods of Malegaon, India
by Onnela, Jukka-Pekka & Landon, Bruce E. & Kahn, Anna-Lea & Ahmed, Danish & Verma, Harish & O'Malley, A. James & Bahl, Sunil & Sutter, Roland W. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 107-115 Double-jeopardy: The joint impact of neighborhood disadvantage and low social cohesion on cumulative risk of disease among African American men and women in the Jackson Heart Study
by Barber, Sharrelle & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Earls, Felton
- 116-122 Educational attainment, time preference, and health-related behaviors: A mediation analysis from the J-SHINE survey
by Takagi, Daisuke & Kondo, Naoki & Takada, Misato & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 123-130 Intimate partner violence and HIV-positive women's non-adherence to antiretroviral medication for the purpose of prevention of mother-to-child transmission in Lusaka, Zambia
by Hampanda, Karen M.
- 131-140 Residential patterns in older homeless adults: Results of a cluster analysis
by Lee, Christopher Thomas & Guzman, David & Ponath, Claudia & Tieu, Lina & Riley, Elise & Kushel, Margot
- 141-147 Socioeconomic status discrimination is associated with poor sleep in African-Americans, but not Whites
by Van Dyke, Miriam E. & Vaccarino, Viola & Quyyumi, Arshed A. & Lewis, Tené T.
- 148-155 The influences of perceived social support and personality on trajectories of subsequent depressive symptoms in Taiwanese youth
by Lien, Yin-Ju & Hu, Jhih-Ning & Chen, Chia-Yi
- 156-164 Association of neighborhood context with offspring risk of preterm birth and low birthweight: A systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based studies
by Ncube, Collette N. & Enquobahrie, Daniel A. & Albert, Steven M. & Herrick, Amy L. & Burke, Jessica G.
- 165-173 Association of received social support with depressive symptoms among older males and females in Singapore: Is personal mastery an inconsistent mediator?
by Ang, Shannon & Malhotra, Rahul
- 174-181 Anger, frustration, boredom and the Department of Motor Vehicles: Can negative emotions impede organ donor registration?
by Siegel, Jason T. & Tan, Cara N. & Rosenberg, Benjamin D. & Navarro, Mario A. & Thomson, Andrew L. & Lyrintzis, Elena A. & Alvaro, Eusebio M. & Jones, Natalie D.
- 182-192 Does helping them benefit me? Examining the emotional cost and benefit of immigrants' pecuniary remittance behaviour in Canada
by Amoyaw, Jonathan Anim & Abada, Teresa
- 193-200 “Saving lives”: Adapting and adopting Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccination in Austria
by Paul, Katharina T.
- 201-209 “These things are dangerous”: Understanding induced abortion trajectories in urban Zambia
by Coast, Ernestina & Murray, Susan F.
- 210-219 The DEP-6D, a new preference-based measure to assess health states of dependency
by Rodríguez-Míguez, E. & Abellán-Perpiñán, J.M. & Alvarez, X.C. & González, X.M. & Sampayo, A.R.
- 220-229 Self-reported health and gender: The role of social norms
by Caroli, Eve & Weber-Baghdiguian, Lexane
- 230-239 Does parental migration really benefit left-behind children? Comparative evidence from Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
by Viet Nguyen, Cuong
- 240-249 Comparing national home-keeping and the regulation of translational stem cell applications: An international perspective
by Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret & Chekar, Choon Key & Faulkner, Alex & Heitmeyer, Carolyn & Marouda, Marina & Rosemann, Achim & Chaisinthop, Nattaka & Chang, Hung-Chieh (Jessica) & Ely, Adrian & Kato, Masae & Patra, Prasanna K. & Su, Yeyang & Sui, Suli & Suzuki, Wakana & Zhang, Xinqing
- 250-257 Child injury: Does home matter?
by Osborne, Jodie M. & Davey, Tamzyn M. & Spinks, Anneliese B. & McClure, Roderick J. & Sipe, Neil & Cameron, Cate M.
- 258-265 Stigma of persons with disabilities in Afghanistan: Examining the pathways from stereotyping to mental distress
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Ballard, Ellis & Peña, Juan B.
2016, Volume 152, Issue C
- 1-8 “I'm running my depression:” Self-management of depression in neoliberal Australia
by Brijnath, Bianca & Antoniades, Josefine
- 9-17 The relationship between international trade and non-nutritional health outcomes: A systematic review of quantitative studies
by Burns, Darren K. & Jones, Andrew P. & Suhrcke, Marc
- 18-26 The effects of relocation and level of affectedness on mood and anxiety symptom treatments after the 2011 Christchurch earthquake
by Hogg, Daniel & Kingham, Simon & Wilson, Thomas M. & Ardagh, Michael
- 27-34 ‘Signposts on the journey’; medication adherence and the lived body in men with Parkinson's disease
by Gibson, Grant
- 35-40 Food policy in the Canadian North: Is there a role for country food markets?
by Ford, James D. & Macdonald, Joanna Petrasek & Huet, Catherine & Statham, Sara & MacRury, Allison
- 41-49 Proportionate universalism in practice? A quasi-experimental study (GoWell) of a UK neighbourhood renewal programme's impact on health inequalities
by Egan, Matt & Kearns, Ade & Katikireddi, Srinivasa V. & Curl, Angela & Lawson, Kenny & Tannahill, Carol
- 50-60 A scoping review of female disadvantage in health care use among very young children of immigrant families
by Pulver, Ariel & Ramraj, Chantel & Ray, Joel G. & O'Campo, Patricia & Urquia, Marcelo L.
- 61-69 The effect of peers on HIV infection expectations among Malawian adolescents: Using an instrumental variables/school fixed effect approach
by Kim, Jinho
- 70-79 Introducing smoking cessation to Indonesian males treated for tuberculosis: The challenges of low–moderate level smoking
by Nichter, Mark & Padmawati, Siwi & Ng, Nawi
- 80-86 Do stress, health behavior, and sleep mediate the association between loneliness and adverse health conditions among older people?
by Christiansen, Julie & Larsen, Finn Breinholt & Lasgaard, Mathias
- 87-95 The impact of a conditional cash transfer program on the utilization of non-targeted services: Evidence from Afghanistan
by Witvorapong, Nopphol & Foshanji, Abo Ismael
- 96-101 Longitudinal association between time-varying social isolation and psychological distress after the Great East Japan Earthquake
by Sone, Toshimasa & Nakaya, Naoki & Sugawara, Yumi & Tomata, Yasutake & Watanabe, Takashi & Tsuji, Ichiro
- 102-110 Obstacles to “race equality” in the English National Health Service: Insights from the healthcare commissioning arena
by Salway, Sarah & Mir, Ghazala & Turner, Daniel & Ellison, George T.H. & Carter, Lynne & Gerrish, Kate
- 111-118 Relative deprivation and risk factors for obesity in Canadian adolescents
by Elgar, Frank J. & Xie, Annie & Pförtner, Timo-Kolja & White, James & Pickett, Kate E.
- 119-124 Effect of corruption on healthcare satisfaction in post-soviet nations: A cross-country instrumental variable analysis of twelve countries
by Habibov, Nazim
- 125-137 Violence against children in humanitarian settings: A literature review of population-based approaches
by Stark, Lindsay & Landis, Debbie
- 138-146 Scarcity discourses and their impacts on renal care policy, practices, and everyday experiences in rural British Columbia
by Brassolotto, Julia & Daly, Tamara
- 147-155 Life course SES and cardiovascular risk: Heterogeneity across race/ethnicity and gender
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Goosby, Bridget J. & Farr, Deeonna
- 156-165 How does dementia onset in parents influence unmarried adult children's wealth
by Arora, Kanika
- 166-175 The impact of caring for grandchildren on the health of grandparents in Europe: A lifecourse approach
by Di Gessa, Giorgio & Glaser, Karen & Tinker, Anthea
- 176-185 The relative importance of health, income and social relations for subjective well-being: An integrative analysis
by Lamu, Admassu N. & Olsen, Jan Abel
2016, Volume 151, Issue C
- 1-10 Medical Savings Account balance and outpatient utilization: Evidence from Guangzhou, China
by Zhang, Hui & Yuen, Peter P.
- 11-18 Pragmatic prevention, permanent solution: Women's experiences with hysterectomy in rural India
by Desai, Sapna
- 19-26 Does retirement (really) lead to worse health among European men and women across all educational levels?
by Hessel, Philipp
- 27-37 Place-based perceptions of the impacts of fracking along the Marcellus Shale
by Sangaramoorthy, Thurka & Jamison, Amelia M. & Boyle, Meleah D. & Payne-Sturges, Devon C. & Sapkota, Amir & Milton, Donald K. & Wilson, Sacoby M.
- 38-45 Participants' use of enacted scenes in research interviews: A method for reflexive analysis in health and social care
by James, Deborah Michelle & Pilnick, Alison & Hall, Alex & Collins, Luke
- 46-55 Effects of reduced cost-sharing on children's health: Evidence from Japan
by Takaku, Reo
- 56-68 Capability deprivation of people with Alzheimer's disease: An empirical analysis using a national survey
by Tellez, Juan & Krishnakumar, Jaya & Bungener, Martine & Le Galès, Catherine
- 69-77 Food insufficiency, depression, and the modifying role of social support: Evidence from a population-based, prospective cohort of pregnant women in peri-urban South Africa
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Tomlinson, Mark & Comulada, W. Scott & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 78-91 Are natural disasters in early childhood associated with mental health and substance use disorders as an adult?
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Popovici, Ioana & French, Michael T.
- 92-99 Doing your own time: Peer integration, aggression and mental health in Dutch male detainment facilities
by Kreager, Derek A. & Palmen, Hanneke & Dirkzwager, Anja J.E. & Nieuwbeerta, Paul
- 100-109 Are status inconsistency, work stress and work-family conflict associated with depressive symptoms? Testing prospective evidence in the lidA study
by Peter, Richard & March, Stefanie & du Prel, Jean-Baptist
- 110-120 Therapeutic substitutions in the midst of new technology diffusion: The case of treatment for localized prostate cancer
by Shen, Chan & Tina Shih, Ya-Chen
- 121-129 A new normal?: Women's experiences of biographical disruption and liminality following treatment for early stage breast cancer
by Trusson, Diane & Pilnick, Alison & Roy, Srila
- 130-138 Life course socioeconomic status and the decline in information processing speed in late life
by Staff, R.T. & Chapko, D. & Hogan, M.J. & Whalley, L.J.
- 139-146 Nuancing stigma through ethnography: the case of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Suriname
by Ramdas, Sahienshadebie & van der Geest, Sjaak & Schallig, Henk D.F.H.
- 147-156 Does integration of HIV and sexual and reproductive health services improve technical efficiency in Kenya and Swaziland? An application of a two-stage semi parametric approach incorporating quality measures
by Obure, Carol Dayo & Jacobs, Rowena & Guinness, Lorna & Mayhew, Susannah & Vassall, Anna
- 157-166 Endorsement of universal health coverage financial principles in Burkina Faso
by Agier, Isabelle & Ly, Antarou & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry
- 167-172 Systems, not pills: The options market for antibiotics seeks to rejuvenate the antibiotic pipeline
by Brogan, David M. & Mossialos, Elias
- 173-186 Socioeconomic inequalities in informal payments for health care: An assessment of the ‘Robin Hood’ hypothesis in 33 African countries
by Kankeu, Hyacinthe Tchewonpi & Ventelou, Bruno
- 187-195 Do community- and individual-level social relationships contribute to the mental health of disaster survivors?: A multilevel prospective study after the Great East Japan Earthquake
by Matsuyama, Yusuke & Aida, Jun & Hase, Akihiro & Sato, Yukihiro & Koyama, Shihoko & Tsuboya, Toru & Osaka, Ken
- 196-205 Psychological pathways from social integration to health: An examination of different demographic groups in Canada
by Na, Ling & Hample, Dale
- 206-214 Maternal distress and child neuroendocrine and immune regulation
by Riis, Jenna L. & Granger, Douglas A. & Minkovitz, Cynthia S. & Bandeen-Roche, Karen & DiPietro, Janet A. & Johnson, Sara B.
- 215-224 Towards deep inclusion for equity-oriented health research priority-setting: A working model
by Pratt, Bridget & Merritt, Maria & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 225-232 Housing tenure and affordability and mental health following disability acquisition in adulthood
by Kavanagh, Anne M. & Aitken, Zoe & Baker, Emma & LaMontagne, Anthony D. & Milner, Allison & Bentley, Rebecca
- 233-240 The value of reducing HIV stigma
by Brent, Robert J.
- 241-249 “When the honeymoon is over, the real work begins:” Gastric bypass patients' weight loss trajectories and dietary change experiences
by Lynch, Amanda
- 250-258 The effect of economic insecurity on mental health: Recent evidence from Australian panel data
by Rohde, Nicholas & Tang, K.K. & Osberg, Lars & Rao, Prasada
2016, Volume 150, Issue C
- 1-7 Null association between workplace social capital and body mass index. Results from a four-wave panel survey among employees in Japan (J-HOPE study)
by Tsuboya, Toru & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 8-14 Low-income Children's participation in the National School Lunch Program and household food insufficiency
by Huang, Jin & Barnidge, Ellen
- 15-22 Education, individual time preferences, and asymptomatic disease detection
by Kim, Younoh & Radoias, Vlad
- 23-30 Women's autonomy and cervical cancer screening in the Lesotho Demographic and Health Survey 2009
by Viens, Laura J. & Clouston, Sean & Messina, Catherine R.
- 31-39 Invisible walls within multidisciplinary teams: Disciplinary boundaries and their effects on integrated care
by Liberati, Elisa Giulia & Gorli, Mara & Scaratti, Giuseppe
- 40-48 How you ask is what you get: Framing effects in willingness-to-pay for a QALY
by Ahlert, Marlies & Breyer, Friedrich & Schwettmann, Lars
- 49-56 Migrant encounters in the clinic: Bureaucratic, biomedical, and community influences on patient interactions with front-line workers
by Smith, Sarah A.
- 57-66 Neoliberalism and indigenous knowledge: Māori health research and the cultural politics of New Zealand's “National Science Challenges”
by Prussing, Erica & Newbury, Elizabeth
- 67-75 Psychosocial factors and pre-abortion psychological health: The significance of stigma
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Tschann, Jeanne M. & Furgerson, Dorothy & Harper, Cynthia C.
- 76-84 Does income relate to health due to psychosocial or material factors? Consistent support for the psychosocial hypothesis requires operationalization with income rank not the Yitzhaki Index
by Hounkpatin, Hilda Osafo & Wood, Alex M. & Dunn, Graham
- 85-94 Analysing collaboration among HIV agencies through combining network theory and relational coordination
by Khosla, Nidhi & Marsteller, Jill Ann & Hsu, Yea Jen & Elliott, David L.
- 95-103 The effect of living alone on the costs and benefits of surgery amongst older people
by Turner, Alex J. & Nikolova, Silviya & Sutton, Matt
- 104-111 Better the donor you know? A qualitative study of renal patients' views on ‘altruistic’ live-donor kidney transplantation
by Bailey, Phillippa K. & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & de Salis, Isabel & Tomson, Charles & Owen-Smith, Amanda
- 112-116 The Education-health Nexus: Fact and fiction
by Böckerman, Petri & Maczulskij, Terhi
- 117-127 “Doctor my eyes”: A natural experiment on the demand for eye care services
by Dickey, H. & Ikenwilo, D. & Norwood, P. & Watson, V. & Zangelidis, A.
- 128-143 Understanding the role of Indigenous community participation in Indigenous prenatal and infant-toddler health promotion programs in Canada: A realist review
by Smylie, Janet & Kirst, Maritt & McShane, Kelly & Firestone, Michelle & Wolfe, Sara & O'Campo, Patricia
- 144-152 Deviance and resistance: Malaria elimination in the greater Mekong subregion
by Lyttleton, Chris
- 153-159 The assisted presentations of self in nursing home life
by Næss, Anders & Fjær, Eivind Grip & Vabø, Mia
- 160-171 Situated knowledge of pathogenic landscapes in Ghana: Understanding the emergence of Buruli ulcer through qualitative analysis
by Tschakert, Petra & Ricciardi, Vincent & Smithwick, Erica & Machado, Mario & Ferring, David & Hausermann, Heidi & Bug, Leah
- 172-183 Socioeconomic inequality in health in the British household panel: Tests of the social causation, health selection and the indirect selection hypothesis using dynamic fixed effects panel models
by Foverskov, Else & Holm, Anders
- 184-191 Bananas, pesticides and health in southwestern Ecuador: A scalar narrative approach to targeting public health responses
by Brisbois, Benjamin
- 192-200 Economic hardship and biological weathering: The epigenetics of aging in a U.S. sample of black women
by Simons, Ronald L. & Lei, Man Kit & Beach, Steven R.H. & Philibert, Robert A. & Cutrona, Carolyn E. & Gibbons, Frederick X. & Barr, Ashley
- 201-211 Care around birth, infant and mother health and maternal health investments – Evidence from a nurse strike
by Kronborg, Hanne & Sievertsen, Hans Henrik & Wüst, Miriam
- 212-220 Generational status, neighborhood context, and mother-child resemblance in dietary quality in Mexican-origin families
by Dondero, Molly & Van Hook, Jennifer
- 221-230 The physiological impacts of wealth shocks in late life: Evidence from the Great Recession
by Boen, Courtney & Yang, Y. Claire
- 231-238 As long as you've got your health: Longitudinal relationships between positive affect and functional health in old age
by Gana, Kamel & Saada, Yaël & Broc, Guillaume & Quintard, Bruno & Amieva, Hélène & Dartigues, Jean-François
- 239-247 Our flesh is here but our soul stayed there: A qualitative study on resource loss due to war and displacement among internally-displaced women in the Republic of Georgia
by Seguin, Maureen & Lewis, Ruth & Amirejibi, Tinatin & Razmadze, Mariam & Makhashvili, Nino & Roberts, Bayard
- 248-255 Self-pathologizing, self-condemning, self-liberating: Youths' accounts of their ADHD-related behavior
by Honkasilta, Juho & Vehmas, Simo & Vehkakoski, Tanja
- 258-267 The effect of Medicaid adult vision coverage on the likelihood of appropriate correction of distance vision: Evidence from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
by Lipton, Brandy J. & Decker, Sandra L.
- 268-270 More heat, less light! The resource curse & HIV/AIDS: A reply to Olivier Sterck
by de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Ismene Theodora
- 271-278 Natural resources and the spread of HIV/AIDS: Curse or blessing?
by Sterck, Olivier
2016, Volume 149, Issue C
- 1-8 Unequal depression for equal work? How the wage gap explains gendered disparities in mood disorders
by Platt, Jonathan & Prins, Seth & Bates, Lisa & Keyes, Katherine
- 9-16 “Heroes' invisible wounds of war:” constructions of posttraumatic stress disorder in the text of US federal legislation
by Purtle, Jonathan
- 17-25 ‘Marginalised malignancies’: A qualitative synthesis of men's accounts of living with breast cancer
by Quincey, Kerry & Williamson, Iain & Winstanley, Sue
- 26-36 Negotiating treatment preferences: Physicians' formulations of patients' stance
by Landmark, Anne Marie Dalby & Svennevig, Jan & Gulbrandsen, Pål
- 37-45 Does income inequality have lasting effects on health and trust?
by Rözer, Jesper Jelle & Volker, Beate
- 46-65 Using vignettes to rethink Latino-white disparities in self-rated health
by Bzostek, Sharon & Sastry, Narayan & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne & Duffy, Denise
- 66-75 The effects of community income inequality on health: Evidence from a randomized control trial in the Bolivian Amazon
by Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Behrman, Jere R. & Leonard, William R. & Godoy, Ricardo A.
- 76-83 Maternal depression as a risk factor for children's inadequate housing conditions
by Corman, Hope & Curtis, Marah A. & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 84-92 Subjective socioeconomic status and health in cross-national comparison
by Präg, Patrick & Mills, Melinda C. & Wittek, Rafael
- 93-103 The flight of white-collars: Civil conflict, availability of medical service providers and public health
by Kıbrıs, Arzu & Metternich, Nils
- 104-113 Neighbourhood environment and physical activity in older adults
by Chaudhury, Habib & Campo, Michael & Michael, Yvonne & Mahmood, Atiya
- 114-121 Segmented assimilation, neighborhood disadvantage, and Hispanic immigrant health
by Akresh, Ilana Redstone & Do, D. Phuong & Frank, Reanne
- 122-129 Volunteering is prospectively associated with health care use among older adults
by Kim, Eric S. & Konrath, Sara H.
- 130-134 The impact of health claims and food deprivation levels on health risk perceptions of fast-food restaurants
by Cadario, Romain
- 135-144 Income-related inequalities in cardiovascular disease from mid-life to old age in a Northern Swedish cohort: A decomposition analysis
by Mosquera, Paola A. & San Sebastian, Miguel & Waenerlund, Anna-Karin & Ivarsson, Anneli & Weinehall, Lars & Gustafsson, Per E.
- 145-152 Exploring the moderating effect of children's nutritional knowledge on the relationship between product evaluations and food choice
by Tarabashkina, Liudmila & Quester, Pascale & Crouch, Roberta
- 153-163 Examining the changing profile of undernutrition in the context of food price rises and greater inequality
by Nandy, Shailen & Daoud, Adel & Gordon, David
- 164-173 Social participation and older adults' sleep
by Chen, Jen-Hao & Lauderdale, Diane S. & Waite, Linda J.
2016, Volume 148, Issue C
- 1-7 Stigma and the etiology of depression among the obese: An agent-based exploration
by Mooney, Stephen J. & El-Sayed, Abdulrahman M.
- 8-17 “I was on the way to the hospital but delivered in the bush”: Maternal health in Ghana's Upper West Region in the context of a traditional birth attendants' ban
by Rishworth, Andrea & Dixon, Jenna & Luginaah, Isaac & Mkandawire, Paul & Tampah Prince, Caesar
- 18-24 Examining a conceptual model of parental nurturance, parenting practices and physical activity among 5–6 year olds
by Sebire, Simon J. & Jago, Russell & Wood, Lesley & Thompson, Janice L. & Zahra, Jezmond & Lawlor, Deborah A.
- 25-33 Cultural consensus modeling to measure transactional sex in Swaziland: Scale building and validation
by Fielding-Miller, Rebecca & Dunkle, Kristin L. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Windle, Michael & Hadley, Craig
- 34-41 Economic constraints on taste formation and the true cost of healthy eating
by Daniel, Caitlin
- 42-51 Framing health for land-use planning legislation: A qualitative descriptive content analysis
by Harris, Patrick & Kent, Jennifer & Sainsbury, Peter & Thow, Anne Marie
- 52-58 Contribution of health behaviors to the association between area-level socioeconomic status and cancer mortality
by Hastert, Theresa A. & Ruterbusch, Julie J. & Beresford, Shirley A.A. & Sheppard, Lianne & White, Emily
- 60-70 Obese people's perceptions of the thin ideal
by Couch, Danielle & Thomas, Samantha L. & Lewis, Sophie & Blood, R. Warwick & Holland, Kate & Komesaroff, Paul
- 71-78 “You have to make a judgment call”. – Morals, judgments and the provision of quality sexual and reproductive health services for adolescents in South Africa
by Müller, Alexandra & Röhrs, Stefanie & Hoffman-Wanderer, Yonina & Moult, Kelley
- 79-92 A discrete-time analysis of the effects of more prolonged exposure to neighborhood poverty on the risk of smoking initiation by age 25
by Kravitz-Wirtz, Nicole
- 93-101 Bedtime mobile phone use and sleep in adults
by Exelmans, Liese & Van den Bulck, Jan
- 102-109 Birth weight, early life course BMI, and body size change: Chains of risk to adult inflammation?
by Goosby, Bridget J. & Cheadle, Jacob E. & McDade, Thomas
- 110-122 Is natural experiment a cure? Re-examining the long-term health effects of China's 1959–1961 famine
by Xu, Hongwei & Li, Lydia & Zhang, Zhenmei & Liu, Jinyu
- 123-130 Pastoral power in the community pharmacy: A Foucauldian analysis of services to promote patient adherence to new medicine use
by Waring, Justin & Latif, Asam & Boyd, Matthew & Barber, Nick & Elliott, Rachel
- 131-138 “We don't wear it on our sleeve”: Sickle cell disease and the (in)visibile body in parts
by Ciribassi, Rebekah M. & Patil, Crystal L.
- 142-151 Quality of qualitative research in the health sciences: Analysis of the common criteria present in 58 assessment guidelines by expert users
by Santiago-Delefosse, M. & Gavin, A. & Bruchez, C. & Roux, P. & Stephen, S.L.
- 152-159 Migrant maternity in an era of superdiversity: New migrants' access to, and experience of, antenatal care in the West Midlands, UK
by Phillimore, Jenny
2015, Volume 147, Issue C
- 1-9 New norms new policies: Did the Adelaide Thinkers in Residence scheme encourage new thinking about promoting well-being and Health in All Policies?
by Baum, Fran & Lawless, Angela & MacDougall, Colin & Delany, Toni & McDermott, Dennis & Harris, Elizabeth & Williams, Carmel
- 10-19 Gendering gametes: The unequal contributions of sperm and egg donors
by Hertz, Rosanna & Nelson, Margaret K. & Kramer, Wendy
- 20-29 Is socioeconomic incorporation associated with a healthier diet? Dietary patterns among Mexican-origin children in the United States
by Martin, Molly A. & Van Hook, Jennifer L. & Quiros, Susana
- 30-37 Therapeutic landscapes of home: Exploring Indigenous peoples' experiences of a Housing First intervention in Winnipeg
by Alaazi, Dominic A. & Masuda, Jeffrey R. & Evans, Joshua & Distasio, Jino
- 38-46 Relationship dynamics around depression in gay and lesbian couples
by Thomeer, Mieke Beth & Reczek, Corinne & Umberson, Debra
- 47-53 School-level contextual predictors of bullying and harassment experiences among adolescents
by Gower, Amy L. & McMorris, Barbara J. & Eisenberg, Marla E.
- 54-61 Hymen reconstruction as pragmatic empowerment? Results of a qualitative study from Tunisia
by Wild, Verina & Poulin, Hinda & McDougall, Christopher W. & Stöckl, Andrea & Biller-Andorno, Nikola
- 62-71 Illness related wage and productivity losses: Valuing ‘presenteeism’
by Zhang, Wei & Sun, Huiying & Woodcock, Simon & Anis, Aslam
- 72-79 Effectiveness of group discussions and commitment in improving cleaning behaviour of shared sanitation users in Kampala, Uganda slums
by Tumwebaze, Innocent K. & Mosler, Hans-Joachim
- 80-88 Nationwide expansion of a financial incentive program on fruit and vegetable purchases among Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participants: A cost-effectiveness analysis
by An, Ruopeng
- 89-97 Migration as a social determinant of health for irregular migrants: Israel as case study
by Fleischman, Yonina & Willen, Sarah S. & Davidovitch, Nadav & Mor, Zohar
- 105-112 Complex and dynamic times of being chronically ill: Beyond disease trajectories of patients with ulcerative colitis
by Shubin, Sergei & Rapport, Frances & Seagrove, Anne
- 113-120 Avoiding cancer risk information
by Emanuel, Amber S. & Kiviniemi, Marc T. & Howell, Jennifer L. & Hay, Jennifer L. & Waters, Erika A. & Orom, Heather & Shepperd, James A.
- 121-125 Beyond inequality: Acknowledging the complexity of social determinants of health
by Eckersley, Richard
- 126-133 Reaching out to Ebola victims: Coercion, persuasion or an appeal for self-sacrifice?
by Calain, Philippe & Poncin, Marc
- 134-143 Social network typologies and mortality risk among older people in China, India, and Latin America: A 10/66 Dementia Research Group population-based cohort study
by Santini, Ziggi Ivan & Koyanagi, Ai & Tyrovolas, Stefanos & Haro, Josep M. & Fiori, Katherine L. & Uwakwa, Richard & Thiyagarajan, Jotheeswaran A. & Webber, Martin & Prince, Martin & Prina, A. Matthew
- 144-149 Subjective relative deprivation is associated with poorer physical and mental health
by Mishra, Sandeep & Carleton, R. Nicholas
- 150-157 The Poly Implant Prothèse breast prostheses scandal: Embodied risk and social suffering
by Greco, Cinzia
- 158-162 Supply of alcohol to underage drinkers: Misperceptions of community norms
by Jones, Sandra C. & Francis, Kate L.
- 163-169 Bearing the right to healthcare, autonomy and hope
by Nkomo, Nkululeko
- 170-183 “Thinking too much”: A systematic review of a common idiom of distress
by Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Haroz, Emily E. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Bolton, Paul A. & Bass, Judith K. & Hinton, Devon E.
- 184-189 An internet forum analysis of stigma power perceptions among women seeking fertility treatment in the United States
by Jansen, Natalie Anne & Saint Onge, Jarron M.
- 190-199 Socioeconomic conditions across life related to multiple measures of the endocrine system in older adults: Longitudinal findings from a British birth cohort study
by Bann, David & Hardy, Rebecca & Cooper, Rachel & Lashen, Hany & Keevil, Brian & Wu, Frederick C.W. & Holly, Jeff M.P. & Ong, Ken K. & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & Kuh, Diana
- 200-208 Internalized gay ageism, mattering, and depressive symptoms among midlife and older gay-identified men
by Wight, Richard G. & LeBlanc, Allen J. & Meyer, Ilan H. & Harig, Frederick A.
- 209-221 Mortality among immigrants in England and Wales by major causes of death, 1971–2012: A longitudinal analysis of register-based data
by Wallace, Matthew & Kulu, Hill
- 222-231 Transgender stigma and health: A critical review of stigma determinants, mechanisms, and interventions
by White Hughto, Jaclyn M. & Reisner, Sari L. & Pachankis, John E.
- 232-241 Could strength of exposure to the residential neighbourhood modify associations between walkability and physical activity?
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Blakely, Tony & Pearce, Jamie & Witten, Karen & Bagheri, Nasser & Badland, Hannah & Schofield, Grant
- 242-251 The development and implementation of a theory-informed, integrated mother-child intervention in rural Uganda
by Singla, Daisy R. & Kumbakumba, Elias
- 252-260 Associations between parental hearing impairment and children's mental health: Results from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study
by Borren, Ingrid & Tambs, Kristian & Gustavson, Kristin & Ask, Helga & Engdahl, Bo & Sundet, Jon Martin
- 261-269 How shall we examine and learn about public-private partnerships (PPPs) in the health sector? Realist evaluation of PPPs in Hong Kong
by Wong, Eliza L.Y. & Yeoh, Eng-kiong & Chau, Patsy Y.K. & Yam, Carrie H.K. & Cheung, Annie W.L. & Fung, Hong
- 270-279 Modeling the community-level effects of male incarceration on the sexual partnerships of men and women
by Knittel, Andrea K. & Snow, Rachel C. & Riolo, Rick L. & Griffith, Derek M. & Morenoff, Jeffrey
- 280-287 Dynamic impact of social stratification and social influence on smoking prevalence by gender: An agent-based model
by Chao, Dingding & Hashimoto, Hideki & Kondo, Naoki
- 288-295 How clinical rationing works in practice: A case study of morbid obesity surgery
by Owen-Smith, Amanda & Donovan, Jenny & Coast, Joanna
- 296-299 Long-term impact of the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami on functional disability among older people: A 3-year longitudinal comparison of disability prevalence among Japanese municipalities
by Tomata, Yasutake & Suzuki, Yoshinori & Kawado, Miyuki & Yamada, Hiroya & Murakami, Yoshitaka & Mieno, Makiko Naka & Shibata, Yosuke & Ojima, Toshiyuki & Hashimoto, Shuji & Tsuji, Ichiro
- 300-308 An individual-based rurality measure and its health application: A case study of Latino immigrants in North Florida, USA
by Mao, Liang & Stacciarini, Jeanne-Marie R. & Smith, Rebekah & Wiens, Brenda
- 309-316 Injury careers after blast exposure among combat veterans deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan
by Chase, Rachel P. & McMahon, Shannon A. & Winch, Peter J.
- 317-323 Governing obesity policies from England, France, Germany and Scotland
by Vallgårda, Signild
- 324-331 Trends in mental health inequalities in England during a period of recession, austerity and welfare reform 2004 to 2013
by Barr, Ben & Kinderman, Peter & Whitehead, Margaret
- 332-340 “Wan Kanyakla” (We are together): Community transformations in Kenya following a social network intervention for HIV care
by Salmen, Charles R. & Hickey, Matthew D. & Fiorella, Kathryn J. & Omollo, Dan & Ouma, Gor & Zoughbie, Daniel & Salmen, Marcus R. & Magerenge, Richard & Tessler, Robert & Campbell, Harold & Geng, Elvin & Gandhi, Monica & Bukusi, Elizabeth A. & Cohen, Craig R.
2015, Volume 146, Issue C
- 1-10 Mapping health behaviors: Constructing and validating a common-sense taxonomy of health behaviors
by Nudelman, Gabriel & Shiloh, Shoshana
- 11-20 Stress, diabetes, and infection: Syndemic suffering at an urban Kenyan hospital
by Mendenhall, Emily & Omondi, Gregory Barnabas & Bosire, Edna & Isaiah, Gitonga & Musau, Abednego & Ndetei, David & Mutiso, Victoria
- 21-28 Polycystic ovary syndrome in globalizing India: An ecosocial perspective on an emerging lifestyle disease
by Pathak, Gauri & Nichter, Mark
- 29-40 Intergenerational transmission of the healthy immigrant effect (HIE) through birth weight: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Ramraj, Chantel & Pulver, Ariel & Siddiqi, Arjumand
- 41-52 Attributes and weights in health care priority setting: A systematic review of what counts and to what extent
by Gu, Yuanyuan & Lancsar, Emily & Ghijben, Peter & Butler, James RG & Donaldson, Cam
- 53-61 “My dirty little habit”: Patient constructions of antidepressant use and the ‘crisis’ of legitimacy
by Ridge, Damien & Kokanovic, Renata & Broom, Alex & Kirkpatrick, Susan & Anderson, Claire & Tanner, Claire
- 62-74 Is the sexual behaviour of young people in sub-Saharan Africa influenced by their peers? A systematic review
by Fearon, Elizabeth & Wiggins, Richard D. & Pettifor, Audrey E. & Hargreaves, James R.
- 75-84 Does a college education reduce depressive symptoms in American young adults?
by McFarland, Michael J. & Wagner, Brandon G.
- 85-94 Community trust and household health: A spatially-based approach with evidence from rural Honduras
by Zarychta, Alan
- 95-103 The path of least resistance? Jurisdictions, responsibility and professional asymmetries in pharmacists' accounts of antibiotic decisions in hospitals
by Broom, Alex & Broom, Jennifer & Kirby, Emma & Scambler, Graham
- 104-110 Serum aflatoxin B1-lysine adduct level in adult women from Eastern Province in Kenya depends on household socio-economic status: A cross sectional study
by Leroy, Jef L. & Wang, Jia-Sheng & Jones, Kelly
- 111-119 The long-term mortality impact of combined job strain and family circumstances: A life course analysis of working American mothers
by Sabbath, Erika L. & Mejía-Guevara, Iván & Noelke, Clemens & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 120-128 Neighborhood crime and depressive symptoms among African American women: Genetic moderation and epigenetic mediation of effects
by Lei, Man-Kit & Beach, Steven R.H. & Simons, Ronald L. & Philibert, Robert A.
- 129-136 Social support attenuates the harmful effects of stress in healthy adult women
by Stein, Elizabeth R. & Smith, Bruce W.
- 137-146 HIV serostatus disclosure: development and validation of indicators considering target and modality. Results from a community-based research in 5 countries
by Préau, Marie & Beaulieu-Prévost, Dominic & Henry, Emilie & Bernier, Adeline & Veillette-Bourbeau, Ludivine & Otis, Joanne
- 147-154 “Just Advil”: Harm reduction and identity construction in the consumption of over-the-counter medication for chronic pain
by Eaves, Emery R.
- 155-163 Communal bereavement and resilience in the aftermath of a terrorist event: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Venkataramani, Atheendar S.
- 164-172 From patient deference towards negotiated and precarious informality: An Eliasian analysis of English general practitioners' understandings of changing patient relations
by Brown, Patrick & Elston, Mary Ann & Gabe, Jonathan
- 173-181 ‘He always thinks he is nothing’: The psychosocial impact of discrimination on adolescent refugees in urban Uganda
by Stark, Lindsay & DeCormier Plosky, Willyanne & Horn, Rebecca & Canavera, Mark
- 182-190 Participatory health system priority setting: Evidence from a budget experiment
by Costa -Font, Joan & Forns, Joan Rovira & Sato, Azusa
- 191-203 Cumulative effects of noise and odour annoyances on environmental and health related quality of life
by Oiamo, Tor H. & Luginaah, Isaac N. & Baxter, Jamie
- 204-213 Multiple contexts of exposure: Activity spaces, residential neighborhoods, and self-rated health
by Sharp, Gregory & Denney, Justin T. & Kimbro, Rachel T.
- 214-222 What matters for working fathers? Job characteristics, work-family conflict and enrichment, and fathers' postpartum mental health in an Australian cohort
by Cooklin, Amanda R. & Giallo, Rebecca & Strazdins, Lyndall & Martin, Angela & Leach, Liana S. & Nicholson, Jan M.
- 243-248 The second wave of violence scholarship: South African synergies with a global research agenda
by Bowman, Brett & Stevens, Garth & Eagle, Gillian & Langa, Malose & Kramer, Sherianne & Kiguwa, Peace & Nduna, Mzikazi
- 249-256 Men's violence against women and men are inter-related: Recommendations for simultaneous intervention
by Fleming, Paul J. & Gruskin, Sofia & Rojo, Florencia & Dworkin, Shari L.
- 257-265 Predictors of violence against children in Tamil families in northern Sri Lanka
by Sriskandarajah, Vathsalan & Neuner, Frank & Catani, Claudia
- 266-275 Sexual and physical violence victimization among senior high school students in Ghana: Risk and protective factors
by Ohene, Sally-Ann & Johnson, Kiana & Atunah-Jay, Sarah & Owusu, Andrew & Borowsky, Iris Wagman
- 276-284 Family and community driven response to intimate partner violence in post-conflict settings
by Kohli, Anjalee & Perrin, Nancy & Mpanano, Remy Mitima & Banywesize, Luhazi & Mirindi, Alfred Bacikenge & Banywesize, Jean Heri & Mitima, Clovis Murhula & Binkurhorhwa, Arsène Kajabika & Bufole, Nadine Mwinja & Glass, Nancy
- 285-291 Transnational issue-specific expert networking: A pathway to local policy change
by O'Brien, Cheryl
- 292-299 Children's exposure to community and war violence and mental health in four African countries
by Foster, Holly & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne
- 300-306 The impact of neighborhood disorganization on neighborhood exposure to violence, trauma symptoms, and social relationships among at-risk youth
by Butcher, Fredrick & Galanek, Joseph D. & Kretschmar, Jeff M. & Flannery, Daniel J.
- 307-315 Exploring the association between women's access to economic resources and intimate partner violence in Dar es Salaam and Mbeya, Tanzania
by Vyas, Seema & Jansen, Henrica AFM. & Heise, Lori & Mbwambo, Jessie
- 316-323 Stock-outs, uncertainty and improvisation in access to healthcare in war-torn Northern Uganda
by Muyinda, Herbert & Mugisha, James
- 324-331 Negotiating health and life: Syrian refugees and the politics of access in Lebanon
by Parkinson, Sarah E. & Behrouzan, Orkideh
- 332-340 Healthcare under siege: Geopolitics of medical service provision in the Gaza Strip
by Smith, Ron J.
- 341-347 Preventing gender-based violence engendered by conflict: The case of Côte d'Ivoire
by Blay-Tofey, Morkeh & Lee, Bandy X.
2015, Volume 145, Issue C
- 1-6 Commitment questions targeting patients promotes uptake of under-used health services: Findings from a national quality improvement program in Australia
by Pratt, Nicole L. & Kalisch Ellett, Lisa M. & Sluggett, Janet K. & Ramsay, Emmae N. & Kerr, Mhairi & LeBlanc, Vanessa T. & Barratt, John D. & Roughead, Elizabeth E.
- 7-16 Controlled but not cured: Structural processes and explanatory models of Chagas disease in tropical Bolivia
by Forsyth, Colin
- 17-25 Longitudinal associations of neighborhood socioeconomic characteristics and alcohol availability on drinking: Results from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)
by Brenner, Allison B. & Borrell, Luisa N. & Barrientos-Gutierrez, Tonatiuh & Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 26-34 The downside of tobacco control? Smoking and self-stigma: A systematic review
by Evans-Polce, Rebecca J. & Castaldelli-Maia, Joao M. & Schomerus, Georg & Evans-Lacko, Sara E.
- 35-43 Addressing domestic violence through antenatal care in Sri Lanka's plantation estates: Contributions of public health midwives
by Infanti, Jennifer J. & Lund, Ragnhild & Muzrif, Munas M. & Schei, Berit & Wijewardena, Kumudu
- 44-52 Who responds to financial incentives for weight loss? Evidence from a randomized controlled trial
by Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Reichert, Arndt R. & Reuss-Borst, Monika & Tauchmann, Harald
- 53-62 Comparing disability amongst immigrants and native-born in Canada
by Newbold, K.Bruce & Simone, Dylan
- 63-78 The impact of fiscal austerity on suicide mortality: Evidence across the ‘Eurozone periphery’
by Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan
- 79-88 Educational expansion and the education gradient in health: A hierarchical age-period-cohort analysis
by Delaruelle, Katrijn & Buffel, Veerle & Bracke, Piet
- 89-97 Diffusion of innovations theory applied to global tobacco control treaty ratification
by Valente, Thomas W. & Dyal, Stephanie R. & Chu, Kar-Hai & Wipfli, Heather & Fujimoto, Kayo
- 98-106 The political economy of a public health case management program's transition into medical homes
by Wells, Rebecca & Cilenti, Dorothy & Issel, L. Michele
- 107-114 Using the structure of social networks to map inter-agency relationships in public health services
by West, Robert M. & House, Allan O. & Keen, Justin & Ward, Vicky L.
- 115-119 Happiness and longevity in the United States
by Lawrence, Elizabeth M. & Rogers, Richard G. & Wadsworth, Tim
- 120-124 A comparison of the effectiveness of an adult nutrition education program for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians
by Pettigrew, Simone & Jongenelis, Michelle I. & Moore, Sarah & Pratt, Iain S.
- 145-153 New technology and illness self-management: Potential relevance for resource-poor populations in Asia
by Lucas, Henry
- 154-162 Closing the health and nutrition gap in Odisha, India: A case study of how transforming the health system is achieving greater equity
by Thomas, Deborah & Sarangi, Biraj Laxmi & Garg, Anu & Ahuja, Arti & Meherda, Pramod & Karthikeyan, Sujata R. & Joddar, Pinaki & Kar, Rajendra & Pattnaik, Jeetendra & Druvasula, Ramesh & Dembo Rath, Alison
- 163-172 District-level variations in childhood immunizations in India: The role of socio-economic factors and health infrastructure
by Rammohan, Anu & Awofeso, Niyi
- 173-183 Toward universal coverage in Afghanistan: A multi-stakeholder assessment of capacity investments in the community health worker system
by Edward, Anbrasi & Branchini, Casey & Aitken, Iain & Roach, Melissa & Osei-Bonsu, Kojo & Arwal, Said Habib
- 184-192 What can volunteer co-providers contribute to health systems? The role of people living with HIV in the Thai paediatric HIV programme
by Tulloch, Olivia & Taegtmeyer, Miriam & Ananworanich, Jintanat & Chasombat, Sanchai & Kosalaraksa, Pope & Theobald, Sally
- 193-200 Effectively engaging the private sector through vouchers and contracting – A case for analysing health governance and context
by Nachtnebel, Matthias & O'Mahony, Ashleigh & Pillai, Nandini & Hort, Kris
- 201-208 Organizational barriers associated with the implementation of national essential medicines policy: A cross-sectional study of township hospitals in China
by Yang, Lianping & Liu, Chaojie & Ferrier, J. Adamm & Zhang, Xinping
- 209-216 School context, friendship ties and adolescent mental health: A multilevel analysis of the Korean Youth Panel Survey (KYPS)
by Kim, Harris Hyun-Soo
- 217-226 The impact of health insurance for children under age 6 in Vietnam: A regression discontinuity approach
by Palmer, Michael & Mitra, Sophie & Mont, Daniel & Groce, Nora
- 227-236 The development of universal health insurance coverage in Thailand: Challenges of population aging and informal economy
by Hsu, Minchung & Huang, Xianguo & Yupho, Somrasri
- 237-242 Prioritizing action on health inequities in cities: An evaluation of Urban Health Equity Assessment and Response Tool (Urban HEART) in 15 cities from Asia and Africa
by Prasad, Amit & Kano, Megumi & Dagg, Kendra Ann-Masako & Mori, Hanako & Senkoro, Hawa Hamisi & Ardakani, Mohammad Assai & Elfeky, Samar & Good, Suvajee & Engelhardt, Katrin & Ross, Alex & Armada, Francisco
- 243-248 Emerging challenges in implementing universal health coverage in Asia
by Bredenkamp, Caryn & Evans, Timothy & Lagrada, Leizel & Langenbrunner, John & Nachuk, Stefan & Palu, Toomas
2015, Volume 144, Issue C
- 1-8 Exploring ecological, emotional and social levers of self-rated health for urban gardeners and non-gardeners: A path analysis
by Litt, J.S. & Schmiege, S.J. & Hale, J.W. & Buchenau, M. & Sancar, F.
- 9-18 Dental attendance among low-income women and their children following a brief motivational counseling intervention: A community randomized trial
by Riedy, Christine A. & Weinstein, Philip & Mancl, Lloyd & Garson, Gayle & Huebner, Colleen E. & Milgrom, Peter & Grembowski, David & Shepherd-Banigan, Megan & Smolen, Darlene & Sutherland, Marilynn
- 19-27 Breastfeeding motivation and Self-Determination Theory
by Kestler-Peleg, Miri & Shamir-Dardikman, Merav & Hermoni, Doron & Ginzburg, Karni
- 28-37 How reliable are self-reports of HIV status disclosure? Evidence from couples in Malawi
by Conroy, Amy A. & Wong, Lauren H.
- 39-47 Duration of U.S. stay and body mass index among Latino and Asian immigrants: A test of theoretical pathways
by Ro, Annie & Bostean, Georgiana
- 48-58 Are bad health and pain making us grumpy? An empirical evaluation of reporting heterogeneity in rating health system responsiveness
by Fiorentini, Gianluca & Ragazzi, Giovanni & Robone, Silvana
- 59-68 Using ambulatory care sensitive hospitalisations to analyse the effectiveness of primary care services in Mexico
by Lugo-Palacios, David G. & Cairns, John
- 69-78 Psychological and cognitive determinants of mortality: Evidence from a nationally representative sample followed over thirty-five years
by Karraker, Amelia & Schoeni, Robert F. & Cornman, Jennifer C.
- 79-87 Toward a multidimensional understanding of culture for health interventions
by Asad, Asad L. & Kay, Tamara
- 88-95 Household income and adolescent blood pressure in a Chinese birth cohort: “Children of 1997”
by Kwok, Man Ki & Subramanian, S.V. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C. Mary
- 96-103 The indirect effects of subsidised healthcare in rural Ghana
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Ansah, Evelyn K.
- 104-111 Does disability status modify the association between psychosocial job quality and mental health? A longitudinal fixed-effects analysis
by Milner, A. & Krnjacki, L. & Butterworth, P. & Kavanagh, A. & LaMontagne, Anthony D.
- 112-118 Who is on the medical team?: Shifting the boundaries of belonging on the ICU
by Rodriquez, Jason
- 119-126 The Israeli Medical Association's discourse on health inequity
by Avni, Shlomit & Filc, Dani & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 127-137 Unpaid work in health economic evaluations
by Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner
- 138-147 Early-life characteristics and educational disparities in smoking
by Andersson, Matthew A. & Maralani, Vida
2015, Volume 143, Issue C
- 1-8 Differential associations of job control components with both waist circumference and body mass index
by Bean, Christopher G. & Winefield, Helen R. & Sargent, Charli & Hutchinson, Amanda D.
- 9-16 Microaggressions and the reproduction of social inequalities in medical encounters in Mexico
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 17-25 Social support in the practices of informal providers: The case of patent and proprietary medicine vendors in Nigeria
by Sieverding, Maia & Liu, Jenny & Beyeler, Naomi
- 26-35 Investigating the effects of temporal and interpersonal relative deprivation on health in China
by Jin, Lei & Tam, Tony
- 36-44 Unemployment and substance use problems among young adults: Does childhood low socioeconomic status exacerbate the effect?
by Lee, Jungeun Olivia & Hill, Karl G. & Hartigan, Lacey A. & Boden, Joseph M. & Guttmannova, Katarina & Kosterman, Rick & Bailey, Jennifer A. & Catalano, Richard F.
- 45-53 What motivates maternal and child nutrition peer educators? Experiences of fathers and grandmothers in western Kenya
by Martin, Stephanie L. & Muhomah, Teresia & Thuita, Faith & Bingham, Allison & Mukuria, Altrena G.
- 54-61 Sliding down the U-shape? A dynamic panel investigation of the age-well-being relationship, focusing on young adults
by Piper, Alan T.
- 62-70 Japanese and American public health approaches to preventing population weight gain: A role for paternalism?
by Borovoy, Amy & Roberto, Christina A.
- 71-80 Gender, male-typicality, and social norms predicting adolescent alcohol intoxication and marijuana use
by Mahalik, James R. & Lombardi, Caitlin McPherran & Sims, Jacqueline & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Lynch, Alicia Doyle
- 81-87 Medicine ‘misuse’: Implications for health and environmental sustainability
by Thomas, Felicity & Depledge, Michael
- 88-97 Conceptualising the ‘community’ as a recipient of money – A critical literature review, and implications for health and inequalities
by Reynolds, Joanna & Egan, Matt & Renedo, Alicia & Petticrew, Mark
- 98-106 Tu Salud, ¡Si Cuenta!: Exposure to a community-wide campaign and its associations with physical activity and fruit and vegetable consumption among individuals of Mexican descent
by Reininger, Belinda M. & Mitchell-Bennett, Lisa & Lee, MinJae & Gowen, Rose Z. & Barroso, Cristina S. & Gay, Jennifer L. & Saldana, Mayra Vanessa
- 107-116 Demand response to improved walking infrastructure: A study into the economics of walking and health behaviour change
by Longo, Alberto & Hutchinson, W. George & Hunter, Ruth F. & Tully, Mark A. & Kee, Frank
- 117-127 The relative contributions of disease label and disease prognosis to Alzheimer's stigma: A vignette-based experiment
by Johnson, Rebecca & Harkins, Kristin & Cary, Mark & Sankar, Pamela & Karlawish, Jason
- 128-136 Evaluative language in physiotherapy practice: How does it contribute to the therapeutic relationship?
by Josephson, Iréne & Woodward-Kron, Robyn & Delany, Clare & Hiller, Amy
- 137-144 Democracy and self-rated health across 67 countries: A multilevel analysis
by Krueger, Patrick M. & Dovel, Kathryn & Denney, Justin T.
- 145-153 Patient dissatisfaction in China: What matters
by Pan, Jay & Liu, Dan & Ali, Shehzad
- 154-161 Food insecurity, chronic illness, and gentrification in the San Francisco Bay Area: An example of structural violence in United States public policy
by Whittle, Henry J. & Palar, Kartika & Hufstedler, Lee Lemus & Seligman, Hilary K. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 162-170 Conceptualising quality of life outcomes for women participating in testing for sexually transmitted infections: A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Jackson, Louise J. & Roberts, Tracy E.
- 171-178 Unemployment transitions and self-rated health in Europe: A longitudinal analysis of EU-SILC from 2008 to 2011
by Tøge, Anne Grete & Blekesaune, Morten
- 179-184 The development of a new condom use expectancy scale for at-risk adults
by Nydegger, Liesl A. & Ames, Susan L. & Stacy, Alan W.
- 185-193 Towards an understanding of the relationship of functional literacy and numeracy to geographical health inequalities
by Moon, Graham & Aitken, Grant & Roderick, Paul & Fraser, Simon & Rowlands, Gill
- 194-203 Impact of hospital delivery on child mortality: An analysis of adolescent mothers in Bangladesh
by Pal, Sarmistha
- 204-212 HIV after 40 in rural South Africa: A life course approach to HIV vulnerability among middle aged and older adults
by Mojola, Sanyu A. & Williams, Jill & Angotti, Nicole & Gómez-Olivé, F. Xavier
- 213-222 Health in police officers: Role of risk factor clusters and police divisions
by Habersaat, Stephanie A. & Geiger, Ashley M. & Abdellaoui, Sid & Wolf, Jutta M.
- 223-231 Job-loss and weight gain in British adults: Evidence from two longitudinal studies
by Monsivais, Pablo & Martin, Adam & Suhrcke, Marc & Forouhi, Nita G. & Wareham, Nicholas J.
- 232-240 Fear, blame and transparency: Obstetric caregivers' rationales for high caesarean section rates in a low-resource setting
by Litorp, Helena & Mgaya, Andrew & Mbekenga, Columba K. & Kidanto, Hussein L. & Johnsdotter, Sara & Essén, Birgitta
- 241-248 The association of daily physical symptoms with future health
by Leger, Kate A. & Charles, Susan T. & Ayanian, John Z. & Almeida, David M.
- 255-261 Fertile bodies, immature brains?: A genealogical critique of neuroscientific claims regarding the adolescent brain and of the global fight against adolescent motherhood
by Koffman, Ofra
- 262-270 Developing gender: The medical treatment of transgender young people
by Castañeda, Claudia
- 271-278 Developmental logics: Brain science, child welfare, and the ethics of engagement in Japan
by Goldfarb, Kathryn E.
- 279-286 Infancy, autism, and the emergence of a socially disordered body
by Hollin, Gregory J.S. & Pilnick, Alison
- 287-296 Risky, early, controversial. Puberty in medical discourses
by Cozzi, Donatella & Vinel, Virginie
- 297-303 How and why should children eat fruit and vegetables? Ethnographic insights into diverse body pedagogies
by Kontopodis, Michalis
- 304-310 Neural imaginaries and clinical epistemology: Rhetorically mapping the adolescent brain in the clinical encounter
by Buchbinder, Mara
- 311-319 “Learning how to deal with feelings differently”: Psychotropic medications as vehicles of socialization in adolescence
by Choudhury, Suparna & McKinney, Kelly A. & Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 320-328 Taking pills for developmental ails in Southern Brazil: The biologization of adolescence?
by Béhague, Dominique P.
- 329-335 Physical constraint as psychological holding: Mental-health treatment for difficult and violent adolescents in France
by Gansel, Yannis & Lézé, Samuel
- 336-342 “What is strange is that we don't have more children coming to us”: A habitography of child psychiatrists and scholastic pressure in Kolkata, India
by Ecks, Stefan & Kupfer, Christine
2015, Volume 142, Issue C
- 1-8 A multilevel cross-lagged structural equation analysis for reciprocal relationship between social capital and health
by Yu, Ge & Sessions, John G. & Fu, Yu & Wall, Martin
- 9-18 Socioeconomic inequalities in prostate cancer survival: A review of the evidence and explanatory factors
by Klein, Jens & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf
- 19-26 Beyond metrics? Utilizing ‘soft intelligence’ for healthcare quality and safety
by Martin, Graham P. & McKee, Lorna & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 27-36 “So, is that your ‘relative’ or mine?” A political-ecological critique of census-based area deprivation indices
by Fu, Mengzhu & Exeter, Daniel J. & Anderson, Anneka
- 37-46 The causal effect of education on HIV stigma in Uganda: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Venkataramani, Atheendar S.
- 47-55 The neoliberal diet and inequality in the United States
by Otero, Gerardo & Pechlaner, Gabriela & Liberman, Giselle & Gürcan, Efe
- 56-67 Seeking everyday wellbeing: The coast as a therapeutic landscape
by Bell, Sarah L. & Phoenix, Cassandra & Lovell, Rebecca & Wheeler, Benedict W.
- 68-81 Operationalising the capability approach as an outcome measure in public health: The development of the OCAP-18
by Lorgelly, Paula K. & Lorimer, Karen & Fenwick, Elisabeth A.L. & Briggs, Andrew H. & Anand, Paul
- 82-89 Does “difficult patient” status contribute to de facto demedicalization? The case of borderline personality disorder
by Sulzer, Sandra H.
- 90-99 Informal m-health: How are young people using mobile phones to bridge healthcare gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa?
by Hampshire, Kate & Porter, Gina & Owusu, Samuel Asiedu & Mariwah, Simon & Abane, Albert & Robson, Elsbeth & Munthali, Alister & DeLannoy, Ariane & Bango, Andisiwe & Gunguluza, Nwabisa & Milner, James
- 100-108 Individual and contextual correlates of physical activity among a clinical sample of United States Veterans
by Hoerster, Katherine D. & Millstein, Rachel A. & Hall, Katherine S. & Gray, Kristen E. & Reiber, Gayle E. & Nelson, Karin M. & Saelens, Brian E.
- 109-117 Cumulative exposure to childhood stressors and subsequent psychological distress. An analysis of US panel data
by Björkenstam, Emma & Burström, Bo & Brännström, Lars & Vinnerljung, Bo & Björkenstam, Charlotte & Pebley, Anne R.
- 118-127 Anticipated regret to increase uptake of colorectal cancer screening (ARTICS): A randomised controlled trial
by O'Carroll, Ronan E. & Chambers, Julie A. & Brownlee, Linda & Libby, Gillian & Steele, Robert J.C.
- 128-135 A longitudinal examination of maternal, family, and area-level experiences of racism on children's socioemotional development: Patterns and possible explanations
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Kelly, Yvonne
- 136-144 Does the hand that controls the cigarette packet rule the smoker? Findings from ethnographic interviews with smokers in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and the USA
by Bell, Kirsten & Dennis, Simone & Robinson, Jude & Moore, Roland
- 145-153 Early physical health conditions and school readiness skills in a prospective birth cohort of U.S. children
by Kull, Melissa A. & Coley, Rebekah Levine
- 154-162 Children's self reported discomforts as participants in clinical research
by Staphorst, Mira S. & Hunfeld, Joke A.M. & van de Vathorst, Suzanne & Passchier, Jan & van Goudoever, Johannes B.
- 163-168 The persistence of predictors of wellbeing among refugee youth eight years after resettlement in Melbourne, Australia
by Correa-Velez, Ignacio & Gifford, Sandra M. & McMichael, Celia
- 169-182 Which part of community social capital is related to life satisfaction and self-rated health? A multilevel analysis based on a nationwide mail survey in Japan
by Inaba, Yoji & Wada, Yuri & Ichida, Yukinobu & Nishikawa, Masashi
- 183-193 The age profile of the location decision of Australian general practitioners
by Mu, Chunzhou
- 194-201 Race, law, and health: Examination of ‘Stand Your Ground’ and defendant convictions in Florida
by Ackermann, Nicole & Goodman, Melody S. & Gilbert, Keon & Arroyo-Johnson, Cassandra & Pagano, Marcello
- 202-213 Food deserts or food swamps?: A mixed-methods study of local food environments in a Mexican city
by Bridle-Fitzpatrick, Susan
- 214-222 Citing conduct, individualizing symptoms: Accomplishing autism diagnosis in clinical case conferences
by Turowetz, Jason
- 223-231 The value of frameworks as knowledge translation mechanisms to guide community participation practice in Ontario CHCs
by Montesanti, Stephanie Rose & Abelson, Julia & Lavis, John N. & Dunn, James R.
- 232-240 The Biobehavioral Family Model: Close relationships and allostatic load
by Priest, Jacob B. & Woods, Sarah B. & Maier, Candice A. & Parker, Elizabeth Oshrin & Benoit, Jenna A. & Roush, Tara R.
- 241-248 Social mobility and health in European countries: Does welfare regime type matter?
by Campos-Matos, Inês & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 249-255 Trust, reciprocity and collective action to fight antibiotic resistance. An experimental approach
by Rönnerstrand, Björn & Andersson Sundell, Karolina
- 256-260 The impact of overtly listing eligibility requirements on MTurk: An investigation involving organ donation, recruitment scripts, and feelings of elevation
by Siegel, Jason T. & Navarro, Mario A. & Thomson, Andrew L.
2015, Volume 141, Issue C
- 1-8 The precariousness of the franchise state: Voluntary sector health services and international NGOs in Tanzania, 1960s – mid-1980s
by Jennings, Michael
- 9-18 ‘High profile health facilities can add to your trouble’: Women, stigma and un/safe abortion in Kenya
by Izugbara, Chimaraoke O. & Egesa, Carolyne & Okelo, Rispah
- 19-26 Prenatal diagnosis: From policy to practice. Two distinct ways of managing prognostic uncertainty and anticipating disability in Brazil and in France
by Ville, Isabelle & Mirlesse, Véronique
- 27-35 The relationship between narrative classification of obesity and support for public policy interventions
by Thibodeau, Paul H. & Perko, Victoria L. & Flusberg, Stephen J.
- 36-45 Impact of the Kenya Cash Transfer for Orphans and Vulnerable Children on early pregnancy and marriage of adolescent girls
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Huang, Carolyn & Halpern, Carolyn & Pettifor, Audrey & Thirumurthy, Harsha
- 46-55 Smoke-free air laws and quit attempts: Evidence for a moderating role of spontaneous self-affirmation
by Persoskie, Alexander & Ferrer, Rebecca A. & Taber, Jennifer M. & Klein, William M.P. & Parascandola, Mark & Harris, Peter R.
- 56-63 An exploration of the political economy dynamics shaping health worker incentives in three districts in Sierra Leone
by Bertone, Maria Paola & Witter, Sophie
- 64-71 An exploration of the longer-term impacts of community participation in rural health services design
by Farmer, Jane & Currie, Margaret & Kenny, Amanda & Munoz, Sarah-Anne
- 72-81 Disability prevalence and disability-related employment gaps in the UK 1998–2012: Different trends in different surveys?
by Baumberg, Ben & Jones, Melanie & Wass, Victoria
- 82-90 Are older adults living in more equal counties healthier than older adults living in more unequal counties? A propensity score matching approach
by Choi, HwaJung & Burgard, Sarah & Elo, Irma T. & Heisler, Michele
- 91-99 Associations of life course socioeconomic position and job stress with carotid intima-media thickness. The Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)
by Camelo, Lidyane V. & Giatti, Luana & Chor, Dóra & Griep, Rosane Härter & Benseñor, Isabela M. & Santos, Itamar S. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Barreto, Sandhi Maria
- 100-108 Research on health inequalities: A bibliometric analysis (1966–2014)
by Bouchard, Louise & Albertini, Marcelo & Batista, Ricardo & de Montigny, Joanne
- 109-114 Remarriage after divorce and depression risk
by Hiyoshi, A. & Fall, K. & Netuveli, G. & Montgomery, S.
- 115-122 Sales promotion strategies and youth drinking in Australia
by Pettigrew, Simone & Biagioni, Nicole & Jones, Sandra C. & Daube, Mike & Kirby, Gary & Stafford, Julia & Chikritzhs, Tanya
- 123-132 Waiting for a baby: Navigating uncertainty in recollections of trying to conceive
by Sweeny, Kate & Andrews, Sara E. & Nelson, S. Katherine & Robbins, Megan L.
- 133-141 Protective factors for mental health and well-being in a changing climate: Perspectives from Inuit youth in Nunatsiavut, Labrador
by Petrasek MacDonald, Joanna & Cunsolo Willox, Ashlee & Ford, James D. & Shiwak, Inez & Wood, Michele
- 142-150 Area-level socioeconomic context, total mortality and cause-specific mortality in Spain: Heterogeneous findings depending on the level of geographic aggregation
by Regidor, Enrique & Vallejo, Fernando & Reques, Laura & Cea, Lucía & Miqueleiz, Estrella & Barrio, Gregorio
2015, Volume 139, Issue C
- 1-8 Room for Death – International museum-visitors’ preferences regarding the end of their life
by Lindqvist, Olav & Tishelman, Carol
- 9-17 Unplanned reaction or something else? The role of subjective cultures in hazardous and harmful drinking
by Venuleo, Claudia & Calogiuri, Sara & Rollo, Simone
- 18-25 ‘Healthy anorexia’: The complexity of care in disordered eating
by Musolino, Connie & Warin, Megan & Wade, Tracey & Gilchrist, Peter
- 26-35 Syndemics of psychosocial problems and HIV risk: A systematic review of empirical tests of the disease interaction concept
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Burns, Bridget F.O.
- 36-43 Motivations of women with sickle cell disease for asking their partners to undergo genetic testing
by Ross, Paula Thompson
- 44-52 Planning parenthood: Health care providers' perspectives on pregnancy intention, readiness, and family planning
by Stevens, Lindsay M.
- 53-60 Energy expenditure on recreational visits to different natural environments
by Elliott, Lewis R. & White, Mathew P. & Taylor, Adrian H. & Herbert, Stephen
- 61-69 Gender, stress in childhood and adulthood, and trajectories of change in body mass
by Liu, Hui & Umberson, Debra
- 71-79 Assessing sufficient capability: A new approach to economic evaluation
by Mitchell, Paul Mark & Roberts, Tracy E. & Barton, Pelham M. & Coast, Joanna
- 80-89 Sanitation-related psychosocial stress: A grounded theory study of women across the life-course in Odisha, India
by Sahoo, Krushna Chandra & Hulland, Kristyna R.S. & Caruso, Bethany A. & Swain, Rojalin & Freeman, Matthew C. & Panigrahi, Pinaki & Dreibelbis, Robert
- 90-99 The influence of HOPE VI neighborhood revitalization on neighborhood-based physical activity: A mixed-methods approach
by Dulin-Keita, Akilah & Clay, Olivio & Whittaker, Shannon & Hannon, Lonnie & Adams, Ingrid K. & Rogers, Michelle & Gans, Kim
- 100-106 Sickness presenteeism determines job satisfaction via affective-motivational states
by Karanika-Murray, Maria & Pontes, Halley M. & Griffiths, Mark D. & Biron, Caroline
- 107-114 “If you do nothing about stress, the next thing you know, you're shattered”: Perspectives on African American men's stress, coping and health from African American men and key women in their lives
by Ellis, Katrina R. & Griffith, Derek M. & Allen, Julie Ober & Thorpe, Roland J. & Bruce, Marino A.
- 115-122 Comparing the health and social protection effects of measles vaccination strategies in Ethiopia: An extended cost-effectiveness analysis
by Driessen, Julia & Olson, Zachary D. & Jamison, Dean T. & Verguet, Stéphane
- 123-131 Recalibrating the spirit level: An analysis of the interaction of income inequality and poverty and its effect on health
by Rambotti, Simone
2015, Volume 138, Issue C
- 1-11 Improving health worker performance: The patient-perspective from a PBF program in Rwanda
by Lannes, Laurence
- 14-21 Conceptualizing the use of public involvement in health policy decision-making
by Li, Kathy K. & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Contandriopoulos, Damien
- 22-30 Association of proximity and density of parks and objectively measured physical activity in the United States: A systematic review
by Bancroft, Carolyn & Joshi, Spruha & Rundle, Andrew & Hutson, Malo & Chong, Catherine & Weiss, Christopher C. & Genkinger, Jeanine & Neckerman, Kathryn & Lovasi, Gina
- 31-37 Are public subsidies effective to reduce emergency care? Evidence from the PLASA study
by Rapp, Thomas & Chauvin, Pauline & Sirven, Nicolas
- 38-43 The contribution of pre- and postdisaster social support to short- and long-term mental health after Hurricanes Katrina: A longitudinal study of low-income survivors
by Chan, Christian S. & Lowe, Sarah R. & Weber, Elyssa & Rhodes, Jean E.
- 44-56 Justifying medication decisions in mental health care: Psychiatrists' accounts for treatment recommendations
by Angell, Beth & Bolden, Galina B.
- 57-67 Family legal status and health: Measurement dilemmas in studies of Mexican-origin children
by Oropesa, R.S. & Landale, Nancy S. & Hillemeier, Marianne M.
- 68-73 Does rising crime lead to increasing distress? Longitudinal analysis of a natural experiment with dynamic objective neighbourhood measures
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Feng, Xiaoqi & Kolt, Gregory S. & Jalaludin, Bin
- 74-81 Depressive symptoms and self-reported adherence to medical recommendations to prevent cardiovascular disease: NHANES 2005–2010
by Berntson, Jessica & Stewart, Kendra Ray & Vrany, Elizabeth & Khambaty, Tasneem & Stewart, Jesse C.
- 82-90 Smokeless tobacco use in India: Role of prices and advertising
by Kostova, Deliana & Dave, Dhaval
- 91-100 Beyond cultural factors to understand immigrant mental health: Neighborhood ethnic density and the moderating role of pre-migration and post-migration factors
by Arévalo, Sandra P. & Tucker, Katherine L. & Falcón, Luis M.
- 102-109 Reproductive habitus, psychosocial health, and birth weight variation in Mexican immigrant and Mexican American women in south Texas
by Fleuriet, K. Jill & Sunil, T.S.
- 110-118 Losing jobs and lighting up: Employment experiences and smoking in the Great Recession
by Golden, Shelley D. & Perreira, Krista M.
- 119-127 Higher body mass index, less exercise, but healthier eating in married adults: Nine representative surveys across Europe
by Mata, Jutta & Frank, Ronald & Hertwig, Ralph
- 128-135 Multidimensional religious involvement and tobacco smoking patterns over 9–10 years: A prospective study of middle-aged adults in the United States
by Bailey, Zinzi D. & Slopen, Natalie & Albert, Michelle & Williams, David R.
- 136-143 Framing choice: The origins and impact of consumer rhetoric in US health care debates
by Lee, Nancy S.
- 144-151 Dissonant roles: The experience of Māori in cancer care
by Dew, Kevin & Signal, Louise & Davies, Cheryl & Tavite, Huia & Hooper, Carolyn & Sarfati, Diana & Stairmand, Jeannine & Cunningham, Chris
- 152-160 Health systems' responsiveness and reporting behaviour: Multilevel analysis of the influence of individual-level factors in 64 countries
by Valentine, Nicole & Verdes-Tennant, Emese & Bonsel, Gouke
- 161-169 Overweight and obesity prevalence among Indian women by place of residence and socio-economic status: Contrasting patterns from ‘underweight states’ and ‘overweight states’ of India
by Sengupta, Angan & Angeli, Federica & Syamala, Thelakkat S. & Dagnelie, Pieter C. & Schayck, C.P. van
- 170-178 A situational construal approach to healthcare experiences
by Morse, Patrick & Sweeny, Kate & Legg, Angela M.
- 179-186 One little, too little: Counting Canada's indigenous people for improved health reporting
by Elias, Brenda & Busby, Karen & Martens, Pat
- 187-191 An empirical assessment of the “healthy prisoner hypothesis”
by Baćak, Valerio & Wildeman, Christopher
- 192-200 Translational networks in healthcare? Evidence on the design and initiation of organizational networks for knowledge mobilization
by Fitzgerald, Louise & Harvey, Gill
- 201-209 Can you party your way to better health? A propensity score analysis of block parties and health
by Dean, Lorraine T. & Hillier, Amy & Chau-Glendinning, Hang & Subramanian, S.V. & Williams, David R. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 210-216 The impact of poor psychosocial work environment on non-work-related sickness absence
by Catalina-Romero, C. & Sainz, J.C. & Pastrana-Jiménez, J.I. & García-Diéguez, N. & Irízar-Muñoz, I. & Aleixandre-Chiva, J.L. & Gonzalez-Quintela, A. & Calvo-Bonacho, E.
- 217-224 Divergence and convergence of commercial and scientific priorities in drug development: The case of Zelmid, the first SSRI antidepressant
by Mulinari, Shai
- 225-233 The effects of utility evaluations, biomedical knowledge and modernization on intention to exclusively use biomedical health facilities among rural households in Mozambique
by Mukolo, Abraham & Cooil, Bruce & Victor, Bart
- 234-240 Migrants' and professionals' views on culturally sensitive pre-hospital emergency care
by Kietzmann, Diana & Hannig, Christian & Schmidt, Silke
- 241-247 Impact of the policy of expanding benefit coverage for cancer patients on catastrophic health expenditure across different income groups in South Korea
by Kim, Sujin & Kwon, Soonman
- 248-256 Drug use and social control: The negotiation of moral ambivalence
by Shiner, Michael & Winstock, Adam
- 257-264 Ready to give up on life: The lived experience of elderly people who feel life is completed and no longer worth living
by van Wijngaarden, Els & Leget, Carlo & Goossensen, Anne
2015, Volume 136-137
- 1-9 Birth-cohort trends in older-age functional disability and their relationship with socio-economic status: Evidence from a pooling of repeated cross-sectional population-based studies for the UK
by Morciano, Marcello & Hancock, Ruth M. & Pudney, Stephen E.
- 10-16 Neighborhood effects in depressive symptoms, social support, and mistrust: Longitudinal analysis with repeated measurements
by Airaksinen, Jaakko & Hakulinen, Christian & Elovainio, Marko & Lehtimäki, Terho & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa & Jokela, Markus
- 17-26 Climate change influences on environment as a determinant of Indigenous health: Relationships to place, sea ice, and health in an Inuit community
by Durkalec, Agata & Furgal, Chris & Skinner, Mark W. & Sheldon, Tom
- 27-34 Internal migration, area effects and health: Does where you move to impact upon your health?
by Green, Mark A. & Subramanian, S.V. & Vickers, Daniel & Dorling, Danny
- 35-43 A systematic approach to implementing and evaluating clinical guidelines: The results of fifteen years of Preventive Child Health Care guidelines in the Netherlands
by Fleuren, Margot A.H. & van Dommelen, Paula & Dunnink, Trudy
- 44-51 The effect of a severe health shock on work behavior: Evidence from different health care regimes
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Kleinjans, Kristin J. & Larsen, Mona
- 52-63 Globalization, democracy, and child health in developing countries
by Welander, Anna & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Nilsson, Therese
- 64-72 Human activities and microbial geographies. An anthropological approach to the risk of infections in West African hospitals
by d'Alessandro, Eugénie
- 73-80 Epidemics in Ming and Qing China: Impacts of changes of climate and economic well-being
by Pei, Qing & Zhang, David D. & Li, Guodong & Winterhalder, Bruce & Lee, Harry F.
- 81-88 Occupational closure in nursing work reconsidered: UK health care support workers and assistant practitioners: A focus group study
by Traynor, Michael & Nissen, Nina & Lincoln, Carol & Buus, Niels
- 89-98 From substance use to homelessness or vice versa?
by McVicar, Duncan & Moschion, Julie & van Ours, Jan C.
- 99-105 Choice and compassion at the end of life: A critical analysis of recent English policy discourse
by Borgstrom, Erica & Walter, Tony
- 106-116 How do living arrangements and intergenerational support matter for psychological health of elderly parents? Evidence from Myanmar, Vietnam, and Thailand
by Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Pothisiri, Wiraporn & Long, Giang Thanh
- 117-127 Does who you know in the positional hierarchy protect or hurt? Social capital, comparative reference group, and depression in two societies
by Song, Lijun
- 128-134 Sovereigns under Siege. How the medical profession is changing in Italy
by Toth, Federico
- 135-146 Self-reported health and socio-economic inequalities in England, 1996–2009: Repeated national cross-sectional study
by Maheswaran, Hendramoorthy & Kupek, Emil & Petrou, Stavros
- 147-155 The SPIRIT Action Framework: A structured approach to selecting and testing strategies to increase the use of research in policy
by Redman, Sally & Turner, Tari & Davies, Huw & Williamson, Anna & Haynes, Abby & Brennan, Sue & Milat, Andrew & O'Connor, Denise & Blyth, Fiona & Jorm, Louisa & Green, Sally
- 156-164 “It's safer to …” parent consulting and clinician antibiotic prescribing decisions for children with respiratory tract infections: An analysis across four qualitative studies
by Cabral, Christie & Lucas, Patricia J. & Ingram, Jenny & Hay, Alastair D. & Horwood, Jeremy
- 165-174 Causal effects of socioeconomic status on central adiposity risks: Evidence using panel data from urban Mexico
by Levasseur, Pierre
- 175-179 Taxes on tobacco, alcohol and sugar sweetened beverages: Linkages and lessons learned
by Blecher, Evan
- 180-188 Playing doctor: Simulation in medical school as affective practice
by Underman, Kelly
- 193-199 Black lives matter: Differential mortality and the racial composition of the U.S. electorate, 1970–2004
by Rodriguez, Javier M. & Geronimus, Arline T. & Bound, John & Dorling, Danny
2015, Volume 135, Issue C
- 1-14 Exploring the use of social network analysis to measure communication between disease programme and district managers at sub-national level in South Africa
by Kawonga, Mary & Blaauw, Duane & Fonn, Sharon
- 15-22 Doubt, defiance, and identity: Understanding resistance to male circumcision for HIV prevention in Malawi
by Parkhurst, Justin O. & Chilongozi, David & Hutchinson, Eleanor
- 24-30 Neighbourhood vitality and physical activity among the elderly: The role of walkable environments on active ageing in Barcelona, Spain
by Marquet, Oriol & Miralles-Guasch, Carme
- 31-39 Inclusive public participation in health: Policy, practice and theoretical contributions to promote the involvement of marginalised groups in healthcare
by de Freitas, Cláudia & Martin, Graham
- 40-46 Increased incidence of coronary heart disease associated with “double burden” in a cohort of Italian women
by D'Ovidio, Fabrizio & d'Errico, Angelo & Scarinzi, Cecilia & Costa, Giuseppe
- 47-55 Gender, coping strategies, homelessness stressors, and income generation among homeless young adults in three cities
by Ferguson, Kristin M. & Bender, Kimberly & Thompson, Sanna J.
- 56-66 “Right tool,” wrong “job”: Manual vacuum aspiration, post-abortion care and transnational population politics in Senegal
by Suh, Siri
- 67-74 Educational trajectories after childhood cancer: When illness experience matters
by Dumas, A. & Cailbault, I. & Perrey, C. & Oberlin, O. & De Vathaire, F. & Amiel, P.
- 75-83 Access to critical medicines: When are compulsory licenses effective in price negotiations?
by Ramani, Shyama V. & Urias, Eduardo
- 84-91 Power relations and contrasting conceptions of evidence in patient-involvement processes used to inform health funding decisions in Australia
by Lopes, Edilene & Carter, Drew & Street, Jackie
- 92-98 Coping with breast cancer and relapse: Stability of coping and long-term outcomes in an observational study over 10 years
by Geyer, Siegfried & Koch-Giesselmann, Heike & Noeres, Dorothee
- 99-108 Longitudinal association of neighborhood variables with Body Mass Index in Dutch school-age children: The KOALA Birth Cohort Study
by Schmidt, Swantje C. & Sleddens, Ester F.C. & de Vries, Sanne I. & Gubbels, Jessica & Thijs, Carel
- 109-116 Rationalising prescribing: Evidence, marketing and practice-relevant knowledge
by Wadmann, Sarah & Bang, Lia E.
- 117-123 Who benefits from removing user fees for facility-based delivery services? Evidence on socioeconomic differences from Ghana, Senegal and Sierra Leone
by McKinnon, Britt & Harper, Sam & Kaufman, Jay S.
- 124-132 Water systems, sanitation, and public health risks in remote communities: Inuit resident perspectives from the Canadian Arctic
by Daley, Kiley & Castleden, Heather & Jamieson, Rob & Furgal, Chris & Ell, Lorna
- 133-142 Moderators, mediators, and bidirectional relationships in the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) framework: An empirical investigation using a longitudinal design and Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
by Rouquette, Alexandra & Badley, Elizabeth M. & Falissard, Bruno & Dub, Timothée & Leplege, Alain & Coste, Joël
- 143-150 Tracing shadows: How gendered power relations shape the impacts of maternal death on living children in sub Saharan Africa
by Yamin, Alicia Ely & Bazile, Junior & Knight, Lucia & Molla, Mitike & Maistrellis, Emily & Leaning, Jennifer
2015, Volume 134, Issue C
- 1-11 Separating boys and girls and increasing weight? Assessing the impacts of single-sex schools through random assignment in Seoul
by Choi, Jaesung & Park, Hyunjoon & Behrman, Jere R.
- 12-22 Doubling up: A gift or a shame? Intergenerational households and parental depression of older Europeans
by Aranda, Luis
- 23-29 Longitudinal interplay between posttraumatic stress symptoms and coping self-efficacy: A four-wave prospective study
by Bosmans, Mark W.G. & van der Velden, Peter G.
- 30-42 In fatal pursuit of immortal fame: Peer competition and early mortality of music composers
by Borowiecki, Karol Jan & Kavetsos, Georgios
- 43-49 Stress resilience in adolescence and subsequent antidepressant and anxiolytic medication in middle aged men: Swedish cohort study
by Hiyoshi, Ayako & Udumyan, Ruzan & Osika, Walter & Bihagen, Erik & Fall, Katja & Montgomery, Scott
- 50-58 Is temporary employment a cause or consequence of poor mental health? A panel data analysis
by Dawson, Chris & Veliziotis, Michail & Pacheco, Gail & Webber, Don J.
- 59-65 The architecture of support: The activation of preexisting ties and formation of new ties for tailored support
by Gage-Bouchard, Elizabeth A. & LaValley, Susan & Panagakis, Christina & Shelton, Rachel C.
- 66-75 Concussion under-reporting and pressure from coaches, teammates, fans, and parents
by Kroshus, Emily & Garnett, Bernice & Hawrilenko, Matt & Baugh, Christine M. & Calzo, Jerel P.
- 76-86 Decomposing socio-economic inequality in colorectal cancer screening uptake in England
by Solmi, Francesca & Von Wagner, Christian & Kobayashi, Lindsay C. & Raine, Rosalind & Wardle, Jane & Morris, Stephen
- 87-94 Living in “survival mode:” Intergenerational transmission of trauma from the Holodomor genocide of 1932–1933 in Ukraine
by Bezo, Brent & Maggi, Stefania
- 95-106 Ethnic differences in children's socioemotional difficulties: Findings from the Millennium Cohort Study
by Zilanawala, Afshin & Sacker, Amanda & Nazroo, James & Kelly, Yvonne
2015, Volume 133, Issue C
- 2-10 Intimate partner violence, modern contraceptive use and conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
by Kidman, Rachel & Palermo, Tia & Bertrand, Jane
- 11-20 Effectiveness of public deliberation methods for gathering input on issues in healthcare: Results from a randomized trial
by Carman, Kristin L. & Mallery, Coretta & Maurer, Maureen & Wang, Grace & Garfinkel, Steve & Yang, Manshu & Gilmore, Dierdre & Windham, Amy & Ginsburg, Marjorie & Sofaer, Shoshanna & Gold, Marthe & Pathak-Sen, Ela & Davies, Todd & Siegel, Joanna & Mangrum, Rikki & Fernandez, Jessica & Richmond, Jennifer & Fishkin, James & Siu Chao, Alice
- 21-27 Patient access to health care and medicines across low-income countries
by Srivastava, Divya & McGuire, Alistair
- 28-35 The influence of institutional pressures on hospital electronic health record presence
by Fareed, Naleef & Bazzoli, Gloria J. & Farnsworth Mick, Stephen S. & Harless, David W.
- 36-44 Challenges to successful implementation of HIV and AIDS-related health policies in Cartagena, Colombia
by Djellouli, Nehla & Quevedo-Gómez, María Cristina
- 45-52 Exploring the practice of patient centered care: The role of ethnography and reflexivity
by Liberati, Elisa Giulia & Gorli, Mara & Moja, Lorenzo & Galuppo, Laura & Ripamonti, Silvio & Scaratti, Giuseppe
- 53-58 Characteristics and patterns of elective admissions to for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals in France in 2009 and 2010
by Weeks, William B. & Jardin, Marie & Paraponaris, Alain
- 59-66 The traditional healer in obstetric care: A persistent wasted opportunity in maternal health
by Aborigo, Raymond Akawire & Allotey, Pascale & Reidpath, Daniel D.
- 67-76 The impact of economic, political and social globalization on overweight and obesity in the 56 low and middle income countries
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Lobstein, Tim & James, W. Philip T. & Suhrcke, Marc
- 77-84 Visualizing harm reduction: Methodological and ethical considerations
by Switzer, S. & Guta, A. & de Prinse, K. & Chan Carusone, S. & Strike, C.
- 85-92 Best of enemies: Using social network analysis to explore a policy network in European smoke-free policy
by Weishaar, Heide & Amos, Amanda & Collin, Jeff
- 93-100 Living arrangements as determinants of myocardial infarction incidence and survival: A prospective register study of over 300,000 Finnish men and women
by Kilpi, Fanny & Konttinen, Hanna & Silventoinen, Karri & Martikainen, Pekka
- 102-110 Comparison communities in a cluster randomised trial innovate in response to ‘being controlled’
by Hawe, Penelope & Riley, Therese & Gartrell, Alexandra & Turner, Karen & Canales, Claudia & Omstead, Darlene
- 111-119 Multiple early victimization experiences as a pathway to explain physical health disparities among sexual minority and heterosexual individuals
by Andersen, Judith P. & Zou, Christopher & Blosnich, John
- 120-127 Competing conceptualizations of decent work at the intersection of health, social and economic discourses
by Di Ruggiero, Erica & Cohen, Joanna E. & Cole, Donald C. & Forman, Lisa
- 128-135 ‘It's like having a physician in your pocket!’ A critical analysis of self-diagnosis smartphone apps
by Lupton, Deborah & Jutel, Annemarie
- 136-144 Participation and diffusion effects of a peer-intervention for HIV prevention among adults in rural Malawi
by Crittenden, Kathleen S. & Kaponda, Chrissie P.N. & Jere, Diana L. & McCreary, Linda L. & Norr, Kathleen F.
- 145-152 Cultural Health Capital on the margins: Cultural resources for navigating healthcare in communities with limited access
by Madden, Erin Fanning
- 153-158 Paying people to eat or not to eat? Carryover effects of monetary incentives on eating behaviour
by Dolan, Paul & Galizzi, Matteo M. & Navarro-Martinez, Daniel
- 159-167 Anchoring contextual analysis in health policy and systems research: A narrative review of contextual factors influencing health committees in low and middle income countries
by George, Asha & Scott, Kerry & Garimella, Surekha & Mondal, Shinjini & Ved, Rajani & Sheikh, Kabir
- 168-176 Negotiating structural vulnerability following regulatory changes to a provincial methadone program in vancouver, canada: A qualitative study
by McNeil, Ryan & Kerr, Thomas & Anderson, Solanna & Maher, Lisa & Keewatin, Chereece & Milloy, M.J. & Wood, Evan & Small, Will
- 177-188 Women's entrepreneurship and intimate partner violence: A cluster randomized trial of microenterprise assistance and partner participation in post-conflict Uganda (SSM-D-14-01580R1)
by Green, Eric P. & Blattman, Christopher & Jamison, Julian & Annan, Jeannie
- 191-201 Towards explaining the health impacts of residential energy efficiency interventions – A realist review. Part 1: Pathways
by Willand, Nicola & Ridley, Ian & Maller, Cecily
- 205-211 Diet and obesity in Los Angeles County 2007–2012: Is there a measurable effect of the 2008 “Fast-Food Ban”?
by Sturm, Roland & Hattori, Aiko
- 216-222 Conceptualizing violence for health and medical geography
by DeVerteuil, Geoffrey
- 223-232 The politics of relative deprivation: A transdisciplinary social justice perspective
by Fu, Mengzhu & Exeter, Daniel J. & Anderson, Anneka
- 233-241 The geography of malaria genetics in the Democratic Republic of Congo: A complex and fragmented landscape
by Carrel, Margaret & Patel, Jaymin & Taylor, Steve M. & Janko, Mark & Mwandagalirwa, Melchior Kashamuka & Tshefu, Antoinette K. & Escalante, Ananias A. & McCollum, Andrea & Alam, Md Tauqeer & Udhayakumar, Venkatachalam & Meshnick, Steven & Emch, Michael
- 242-252 A scalable climate health justice assessment model
by McDonald, Yolanda J. & Grineski, Sara E. & Collins, Timothy W. & Kim, Young-An
- 253-260 Development and validation of the attitudes toward outdoor play scales for children
by Beyer, Kirsten & Bizub, Jessica & Szabo, Aniko & Heller, Beth & Kistner, Amy & Shawgo, Erin & Zetts, Corey
- 261-268 Developing and validating a measure of community capacity: Why volunteers make the best neighbours
by Lovell, Sarah A. & Gray, Andrew R. & Boucher, Sara E.
- 269-279 The key role of socio-demographic and socio-environmental factors in urban malaria occurrence and control – An illustration using the city of Yaoundé
by Ngom, Roland & Siegmund, Alexander
- 280-286 Therapeutic micro-environments in the Edgelands: A thematic analysis of Richard Mabey's The Unofficial Countryside
by Houghton, Frank & Houghton, Sharon
- 287-295 The place of receptionists in access to primary care: Challenges in the space between community and consultation
by Neuwelt, Pat M. & Kearns, Robin A. & Browne, Annette J.
- 296-303 HIV/AIDS in mid-sized cities in Senegal: From individual to place-based vulnerability
by Drame, Fatou Maria & Foley, Ellen E.
- 304-312 Where do they go and how do they get there? Older adults' travel behaviour in a highly walkable environment
by Winters, Meghan & Voss, Christine & Ashe, Maureen C. & Gutteridge, Kaitlyn & McKay, Heather & Sims-Gould, Joanie
- 313-321 What shape is your neighbourhood? Investigating the micro geographies of physical activity
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Russell, Marie & Witten, Karen & Hooper, Carolyn M. & Pearce, Jamie & Blakely, Tony
- 322-330 Measuring food availability and accessibility among adolescents: Moving beyond the neighbourhood boundary
by Shearer, Cindy & Rainham, Daniel & Blanchard, Chris & Dummer, Trevor & Lyons, Renee & Kirk, Sara
- 331-339 Movers and stayers: The geography of residential mobility and CVD hospitalisations in Auckland, New Zealand
by Exeter, Daniel J. & Sabel, Clive E. & Hanham, Grant & Lee, Arier C. & Wells, Susan
- 340-348 Immigration, barriers to healthcare and transnational ties: A case study of South Korean immigrants in Toronto, Canada
by Wang, Lu & Kwak, Min-Jung
- 349-357 Urban inclusion as wellbeing: Exploring children's accounts of confronting diversity on inner city streets
by Witten, Karen & Kearns, Robin & Carroll, Penelope
- 358-365 Adding insult to injury: The development of psychosocial stress in Ontario wind turbine communities
by Walker, Chad & Baxter, Jamie & Ouellette, Danielle
- 366-373 Social change or business as usual at city hall? Examining an urban municipal government's response to neighbourhood-level health inequities
by Cahuas, Madelaine C. & Wakefield, Sarah & Peng, Yun
- 374-382 Making the Blue Zones: Neoliberalism and nudges in public health promotion
by Carter, Eric D.
2015, Volume 132, Issue C
- 1-10 Applying Health Locus of Control and Latent Class Modelling to food and physical activity choices affecting CVD risk
by Grisolía, José M. & Longo, Alberto & Hutchinson, George & Kee, Frank
- 11-19 Exploring the limitations of age-based models for health care planning
by Mason, Thomas & Sutton, Matt & Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 20-29 “Surviving is not the same as living”: Cancer and Sobrevivencia in Puerto Rico
by Dyer, Karen E.
- 30-37 Providing primary health care through integrated microfinance and health services in Latin America
by Geissler, Kimberley H. & Leatherman, Sheila
- 38-44 Food for thought: An ethnographic study of negotiating ill health and food insecurity in a UK foodbank
by Garthwaite, K.A. & Collins, P.J. & Bambra, C.
- 45-53 The long-run effect of maternity leave benefits on mental health: Evidence from European countries
by Avendano, Mauricio & Berkman, Lisa F. & Brugiavini, Agar & Pasini, Giacomo
- 54-61 Targeting brains, producing responsibilities: The use of neuroscience within British social policy
by Broer, Tineke & Pickersgill, Martyn
- 62-69 Survival of the project: A case study of ICT innovation in health care
by Andreassen, Hege K. & Kjekshus, Lars Erik & Tjora, Aksel
- 70-78 Examining the broader psychosocial effects of mass conflict on PTSD symptoms and functional impairment amongst West Papuan refugees resettled in Papua New Guinea (PNG)
by Tay, Alvin Kuowei & Rees, Susan & Chan, Jack & Kareth, Moses & Silove, Derrick
- 79-87 Bioidentical hormones, menopausal women, and the lure of the “natural” in U.S. anti-aging medicine
by Fishman, Jennifer R. & Flatt, Michael A. & Settersten, Richard A.
- 88-94 Social welfare matters: A realist review of when, how, and why unemployment insurance impacts poverty and health
by O'Campo, Patricia & Molnar, Agnes & Ng, Edwin & Renahy, Emilie & Mitchell, Christiane & Shankardass, Ketan & St. John, Alexander & Bambra, Clare & Muntaner, Carles
- 95-102 Sickness and sickness absence of remaining employees in a time of economic crisis: A study among employees of municipalities in Iceland
by Sigursteinsdóttir, Hjördís & Rafnsdóttir, Gudbjörg Linda
- 103-112 Puberty and perimenopause: Reproductive transitions and their implications for women's health
by Hoyt, Lindsay Till & Falconi, April M.
- 113-121 Effect of hospital referral networks on patient readmissions
by Mascia, Daniele & Angeli, Federica & Di Vincenzo, Fausto
- 122-131 Does neighborhood deprivation modify the effect of preterm birth on children's first grade academic performance?
by Richards, Jennifer L. & Chapple-McGruder, Theresa & Williams, Bryan L. & Kramer, Michael R.
- 132-140 ‘It's time she stopped torturing herself’: Structural constraints to decision-making about life-sustaining treatment by medical trainees
by Jenkins, Tania M.
- 141-148 Genetically at-risk status and individual agency. A qualitative study on asymptomatic women living with genetic risk of breast/ovarian cancer
by Caiata-Zufferey, Maria
- 149-155 A blessing I can't afford: Factors underlying the paradox of happiness about unintended pregnancy
by Aiken, Abigail R.A. & Dillaway, Chloe & Mevs-Korff, Natasha
- 156-164 Cream skimming and hospital transfers in a mixed public-private system
by Cheng, Terence C. & Haisken-DeNew, John P. & Yong, Jongsay
- 165-172 The changing donor landscape of health sector aid to Vietnam: A qualitative case study
by Pallas, Sarah Wood & Khuat, Thi Hai Oanh & Le, Quang Duong & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 173-180 Trends and structural shifts in health tourism: Evidence from seasonal time-series data on health-related travel spending by Canada during 1970–2010
by Loh, Chung-Ping A.
- 181-189 The role of perceived impact on relationship quality in pharmacists' willingness to influence indication-based off-label prescribing decisions
by Basak, Ramsankar & Bentley, John P. & McCaffrey, David J. & Bouldin, Alicia S. & Banahan, Benjamin F.
- 190-196 Social networks and health policy: The case of misoprostol and the WHO model essential medicine list
by Millard, Colin & Brhlikova, Petra & Pollock, Allyson
- 197-207 Interpreter-mediated dentistry
by Bridges, Susan & Drew, Paul & Zayts, Olga & McGrath, Colman & Yiu, Cynthia K.Y. & Wong, H.M. & Au, T.K.F.
- 215-224 International parental migration and the psychological well-being of children in Ghana, Nigeria, and Angola
by Mazzucato, Valentina & Cebotari, Victor & Veale, Angela & White, Allen & Grassi, Marzia & Vivet, Jeanne
- 225-235 Parental migration and the mental health of those who stay behind to care for children in South-East Asia
by Graham, Elspeth & Jordan, Lucy P. & Yeoh, Brenda S.A.
- 236-244 After spouses depart: Emotional wellbeing among nonmigrant Mexican mothers
by Nobles, Jenna & Rubalcava, Luis & Teruel, Graciela
- 245-251 U.S. immigration policy and family separation: The consequences for children's well-being
by Dreby, Joanna
- 252-260 ‘Left behind’ but not left alone: Parental migration & the psychosocial health of children in Moldova
by Vanore, Michaella & Mazzucato, Valentina & Siegel, Melissa
- 261-269 Positive youth development in rural China: The role of parental migration
by Wen, Ming & Su, Shaobing & Li, Xiaoming & Lin, Danhua
- 270-277 Social capital and the mental health of children in rural China with different experiences of parental migration
by Wu, Qiaobing & Lu, Deping & Kang, Mi
- 278-286 The mixed effects of migration: Community-level migration and birthweight in Mexico
by Hamilton, Erin R. & Choi, Kate H.
2015, Volume 131, Issue C
- 1-9 Is education the best contraception: The case of teenage pregnancy in England?
by Girma, Sourafel & Paton, David
- 10-17 Challenging logics of complex intervention trials: Community perspectives of a health care improvement intervention in rural Uganda
by Okwaro, Ferdinand M. & Chandler, Clare I.R. & Hutchinson, Eleanor & Nabirye, Christine & Taaka, Lilian & Kayendeke, Miriam & Nayiga, Susan & Staedke, Sarah G.
- 18-30 Urban environment interventions linked to the promotion of physical activity: A mixed methods study applied to the urban context of Latin America
by Gomez, Luis F. & Sarmiento, Rodrigo & Ordoñez, Maria Fernanda & Pardo, Carlos Felipe & de Sá, Thiago Hérick & Mallarino, Christina H. & Miranda, J. Jaime & Mosquera, Janeth & Parra, Diana C. & Reis, Rodrigo & Quistberg, D. Alex
- 31-39 Non-disclosure of chronic kidney disease in primary care and the limits of instrumental rationality in chronic illness self-management
by Daker-White, Gavin & Rogers, Anne & Kennedy, Anne & Blakeman, Thomas & Blickem, Christian & Chew-Graham, Carolyn
- 40-47 Seeking and receiving social support on Facebook for surgery
by Davis, Matthew A. & Anthony, Denise L. & Pauls, Scott D.
- 48-57 Adverse childhood experiences and intimate partner aggression in the US: Sex differences and similarities in psychosocial mediation
by Brown, Monique J. & Perera, Robert A. & Masho, Saba W. & Mezuk, Briana & Cohen, Steven A.
- 58-65 The mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance in household and family work on the relationship between education and women's health
by Sperlich, Stefanie & Geyer, Siegfried
- 66-73 The stories we tell: Qualitative research interviews, talking technologies and the ‘normalisation’ of life with HIV
by Mazanderani, Fadhila & Paparini, Sara
- 74-81 Professional integration as a process of professional resocialization: Internationally educated health professionals in Canada
by Neiterman, Elena & Bourgeault, Ivy Lynn
- 82-88 Does higher income inequality adversely influence infant mortality rates? Reconciling descriptive patterns and recent research findings
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Jones, Marcella K. & Erwin, Paul Campbell
- 89-97 Increase of perceived frequency of neighborhood domestic violence is associated with increase of women's depression symptoms in a nationally representative longitudinal study in South Africa
by Meffert, Susan M. & McCulloch, Charles E. & Neylan, Thomas C. & Gandhi, Monica & Lund, Crick
- 98-106 Moving beyond local practice: Reconfiguring the adoption of a breast cancer diagnostic technology
by Maniatopoulos, Gregory & Procter, Rob & Llewellyn, Sue & Harvey, Gill & Boyd, Alan
- 107-113 Correlates of depressive symptoms among North Korean refugees adapting to South Korean society: The moderating role of perceived discrimination
by Um, Mee Young & Chi, Iris & Kim, Hee Jin & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Kim, Jae Yop
- 114-121 Which public and why deliberate? – A scoping review of public deliberation in public health and health policy research
by Degeling, Chris & Carter, Stacy M. & Rychetnik, Lucie
- 122-130 The signs of stress: Embodiments of biosocial stress among type 2 diabetic women in New Delhi, India
by Weaver, Lesley Jo & Worthman, Carol M. & DeCaro, Jason A. & Madhu, S.V.
- 131-146 How economic crises affect alcohol consumption and alcohol-related health problems: A realist systematic review
by de Goeij, Moniek C.M. & Suhrcke, Marc & Toffolutti, Veronica & van de Mheen, Dike & Schoenmakers, Tim M. & Kunst, Anton E.
- 147-155 A causal loop analysis of the sustainability of integrated community case management in Rwanda
by Sarriot, Eric & Morrow, Melanie & Langston, Anne & Weiss, Jennifer & Landegger, Justine & Tsuma, Laban
- 156-163 Hegemony in the marketplace of biomedical innovation: Consumer demand and stem cell science
by Salter, Brian & Zhou, Yinhua & Datta, Saheli
- 164-172 Estimating unbiased economies of scale of HIV prevention projects: A case study of Avahan
by Lépine, Aurélia & Vassall, Anna & Chandrashekar, Sudha & Blanc, Elodie & Le Nestour, Alexis
- 173-180 Traditional acupuncturists and higher education in Britain: The dual, paradoxical impact of biomedical alignment on the holistic view
by Givati, Assaf & Hatton, Kieron
- 181-189 Life and death in the family: Early parental death, parental remarriage, and offspring suicide risk in adulthood
by Hollingshaus, Michael S. & Smith, Ken R.
- 199-206 Assessing the overuse of medicines
by Busfield, Joan
- 207-214 Drugs, cancer and end-of-life care: A case study of pharmaceuticalization?
by Davis, Courtney
- 221-227 Coronary artery disease and the contours of pharmaceuticalization
by Pollock, Anne & Jones, David S.
- 228-238 Resistance and mutations of non-specificity in the field of anxiety-depressive disorders in Canadian medical journals, 1950–1990
by Collin, Johanne & Otero, Marcelo
- 239-246 Big-pharmaceuticalisation: Clinical trials and Contract Research Organisations in India
by Sariola, Salla & Ravindran, Deapica & Kumar, Anand & Jeffery, Roger
- 247-254 Pharmaceuticalisation and ethical review in South Asia: Issues of scope and authority for practitioners and policy makers
by Simpson, Bob & Khatri, Rekha & Ravindran, Deapica & Udalagama, Tharindi
- 255-262 Neoliberal technocracy: Explaining how and why the US Food and Drug Administration has championed pharmacogenomics
by Hogarth, Stuart
- 263-271 Medical countermeasures for national security: A new government role in the pharmaceuticalization of society
by Elbe, Stefan & Roemer-Mahler, Anne & Long, Christopher
- 272-279 Moral discourses and pharmaceuticalised governance in households
by Dew, Kevin & Norris, Pauline & Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 280-288 The drugs don't sell: DIY heart health and the over-the-counter statin experience
by Will, Catherine M. & Weiner, Kate
- 289-296 Patient involvement in drug licensing: A case study
by Britten, Nicky & Denford, Sarah & Harris-Golesworthy, Faith & Jibson, Steph & Pyart, Nigel & Stein, Ken
- 297-304 Everyday drug diversions: A qualitative study of the illicit exchange and non-medical use of prescription stimulants on a university campus
by Vrecko, Scott
- 305-312 Growth hormone, enhancement and the pharmaceuticalisation of short stature
by Morrison, Michael
- 313-321 The interweaving of pharmaceutical and medical expectations as dynamics of micro-pharmaceuticalisation: Advanced-stage cancer patients' hope in medicines alongside trust in professionals
by Brown, Patrick & de Graaf, Sabine & Hillen, Marij & Smets, Ellen & van Laarhoven, Hanneke
- 322-330 Peering into the pharmaceutical “pipeline”: Investigational drugs, clinical trials, and industry priorities
by Fisher, Jill A. & Cottingham, Marci D. & Kalbaugh, Corey A.
2015, Volume 130, Issue C
- 1-8 Changes in self-perceived economic satisfaction and mortality at old ages: Evidence from a survey of middle-aged and elderly adults in Taiwan
by Lee, Miaw-Chwen & Huang, Nicole
- 9-15 Felt stigma and obesity: Introducing the generalized other
by Barlösius, Eva & Philipps, Axel
- 16-22 Childhood and later life stressors and increased inflammatory gene expression at older ages
by Levine, M.E. & Cole, S.W. & Weir, D.R. & Crimmins, E.M.
- 23-31 Socioeconomic status and children's health: Evidence from a low-income country
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Guliani, Harminder
- 32-41 The maternal health outcomes of paid maternity leave: A systematic review
by Aitken, Zoe & Garrett, Cameryn C. & Hewitt, Belinda & Keogh, Louise & Hocking, Jane S. & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 42-50 The economic burden of TB diagnosis and treatment in South Africa
by Foster, Nicola & Vassall, Anna & Cleary, Susan & Cunnama, Lucy & Churchyard, Gavin & Sinanovic, Edina
- 51-58 Does debt affect health? Cross country evidence on the debt-health nexus
by Clayton, Maya & Liñares-Zegarra, José & Wilson, John O.S.
- 59-68 Social network types and the health of older adults: Exploring reciprocal associations
by Li, Ting & Zhang, Yanlong
- 69-78 What is a good life? Selecting capabilities to assess women's quality of life in rural Malawi
by Greco, Giulia & Skordis-Worrall, Jolene & Mkandawire, Bryan & Mills, Anne
- 79-90 The role of neighborhood characteristics in racial/ethnic disparities in type 2 diabetes: Results from the Boston Area Community Health (BACH) Survey
by Piccolo, Rebecca S. & Duncan, Dustin T. & Pearce, Neil & McKinlay, John B.
- 91-98 Mister Sandman, bring me good marks! On the relationship between sleep quality and academic achievement
by Baert, Stijn & Omey, Eddy & Verhaest, Dieter & Vermeir, Aurélie
- 99-106 Health policy for the poor: An exploration on the take-up of means-tested health benefits in Turkey
by Erus, Burcay & Yakut-Cakar, Burcu & Cali, Sanda & Adaman, Fikret
- 107-114 How family members manage risk around functional decline: The autonomy management process in households facing dementia
by Berry, Brandon & Apesoa-Varano, Ester Carolina & Gomez, Yarin
- 115-124 Unemployment in Scandinavia during an economic crisis: Cross-national differences in health selection
by Heggebø, Kristian
- 125-134 Mental health service use by cleanup workers in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill
by Lowe, Sarah R. & Kwok, Richard K. & Payne, Julianne & Engel, Lawrence S. & Galea, Sandro & Sandler, Dale P.
- 135-145 Geographical accessibility to healthcare and malnutrition in Rwanda
by Aoun, Nael & Matsuda, Hirotaka & Sekiyama, Makiko
- 146-153 Flexible positions, managed hopes: The promissory bioeconomy of a whole genome sequencing cancer study
by Haase, Rachel & Michie, Marsha & Skinner, Debra
- 154-161 A tale of two cities: Stigma and health outcomes among people with HIV who inject drugs in St. Petersburg, Russia and Kohtla-Järve, Estonia
by Burke, Sara E. & Calabrese, Sarah K. & Dovidio, John F. & Levina, Olga S. & Uusküla, Anneli & Niccolai, Linda M. & Abel-Ollo, Katri & Heimer, Robert
- 162-171 The impact of recent chemotherapy innovation on the longevity of myeloma patients: US and international evidence
by Hostenkamp, Gisela & Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 172-180 The impact of neighborhood quality, perceived stress, and social support on depressive symptoms during pregnancy in African American women
by Giurgescu, Carmen & Misra, Dawn P. & Sealy-Jefferson, Shawnita & Caldwell, Cleopatra H. & Templin, Thomas N. & Slaughter- Acey, Jaime C. & Osypuk, Theresa L.
- 181-189 An exploratory discrete-time multilevel analysis of the effect of social support on the survival of elderly people in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Jones, Kelvyn & Wang, Wenfei Winnie
- 190-203 “Geography of suicide in Hong Kong: Spatial patterning, and socioeconomic correlates and inequalities”
by Hsu, Chia-Yueh & Chang, Shu-Sen & Lee, Esther S.T. & Yip, Paul S.F.
- 204-215 Determinants of generic vs. brand drug choice: Evidence from population-wide Danish data
by Skipper, Niels & Vejlin, Rune
- 216-224 Going beyond horizontal equity: An analysis of health expenditure allocation across geographic areas in Mozambique
by Anselmi, Laura & Lagarde, Mylène & Hanson, Kara
- 225-233 The role of boundary maintenance and blurring in a UK collaborative research project: How researchers and health service managers made sense of new ways of working
by Smith, Simon & Ward, Vicky
- 234-241 The impact of diminished housing wealth on health in the United States: Evidence from the Great Recession
by Yilmazer, Tansel & Babiarz, Patryk & Liu, Fen
- 242-249 Civil Society Organizations and medicines policy change: A case study of registration, procurement, distribution and use of misoprostol in Uganda
by Atukunda, Esther Cathyln & Brhlikova, Petra & Agaba, Amon Ganafa & Pollock, Allyson M.
- 250-258 Changes in access to structural social capital and its influence on self-rated health over time for middle-aged men and women: A longitudinal study from northern Sweden
by Eriksson, Malin & Ng, Nawi
- 259-267 Pain and self-assessed health: Does the association vary by age?
by Rubin, Sara & Zimmer, Zachary
- 268-276 Mobility and health sector development in China and India
by Holdaway, Jennifer & Levitt, Peggy & Fang, Jing & Rajaram, Narasimhan
- 277-283 Are the differences in adulthood ill-health across the north-south divide and between Scotland and England also evident in early childhood health indicators?
by Cruise, Sharon Mary & O'Reilly, Dermot
- 284-291 Testing a cycle of family violence model in conflict-affected, low-income countries: A qualitative study from Timor-Leste
by Rees, Susan & Thorpe, Rosamund & Tol, Wietse & Fonseca, Mira & Silove, Derrick
2015, Volume 129, Issue C
- 5-11 Is there really such a thing as “one health”? Thinking about a more than human world from the perspective of cultural anthropology
by Wolf, Meike
- 12-19 One World-One Health and neglected zoonotic disease: Elimination, emergence and emergency in Uganda
by Smith, James & Taylor, Emma Michelle & Kingsley, Pete
- 20-27 The puzzle of Buruli ulcer transmission, ethno-ecological history and the end of “love” in the Akonolinga district, Cameroon
by Giles-Vernick, Tamara & Owona-Ntsama, Joseph & Landier, Jordi & Eyangoh, Sara
- 28-35 More than one world, more than one health: Re-configuring interspecies health
by Hinchliffe, Steve
- 36-43 Precarious connections: Making therapeutic production happen for malaria and tuberculosis
by Craddock, Susan
- 44-50 A One Health, participatory epidemiology assessment of anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) management in Western Uganda
by Coffin, Jeanne L. & Monje, Fred & Asiimwe-Karimu, Grace & Amuguni, Hellen Janetrix & Odoch, Terence
- 51-60 Recommendations for the role of social science research in One Health
by Lapinski, Maria Knight & Funk, Julie A. & Moccia, Lauren T.
- 61-67 Public health ethics and more-than-human solidarity
by Rock, Melanie J. & Degeling, Chris
- 68-77 The dawn of Structural One Health: A new science tracking disease emergence along circuits of capital
by Wallace, Robert G. & Bergmann, Luke & Kock, Richard & Gilbert, Marius & Hogerwerf, Lenny & Wallace, Rodrick & Holmberg, Mollie
- 78-86 Uncovering zoonoses awareness in an emerging disease ‘hotspot’
by Paige, Sarah B. & Malavé, Carly & Mbabazi, Edith & Mayer, Jonathan & Goldberg, Tony L.
- 87-95 An expanded One Health model: Integrating social science and One Health to inform study of the human-animal interface
by Woldehanna, Sara & Zimicki, Susan
- 96-105 Containment and competition: Transgenic animals in the One Health agenda
by Lezaun, Javier & Porter, Natalie
- 106-112 The world in a box? Food security, edible insects, and “One World, One Health” collaboration
by Yates-Doerr, Emily
- 113-122 The global condition of epidemics: Panoramas in A (H1N1) influenza and their consequences for One World One Health programme
by Tirado, Francisco & Gómez, Andrés & Rocamora, Verónica
- 123-130 One-health approach as counter-measure against “autoimmune” responses in biosecurity
by Mutsaers, Inge
2015, Volume 128, Issue C
- 1-9 The impact of pecuniary and non-pecuniary incentives for attracting young doctors to rural general practice
by Holte, Jon Helgheim & Kjaer, Trine & Abelsen, Birgit & Olsen, Jan Abel
- 10-17 Incentives for breastfeeding and for smoking cessation in pregnancy: An exploration of types and meanings
by Crossland, Nicola & Thomson, Gill & Morgan, Heather & Dombrowski, Stephan U. & Hoddinott, Pat
- 18-24 Boundary objects in complementary and alternative medicine: Acupuncture vs. Christian Science
by Owens, Kellie
- 25-30 The association of BMI and social distance towards obese individuals is mediated by sympathy and understanding
by Sikorski, Claudia & Luppa, Melanie & Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Schomerus, Georg & Link, Bruce & Riedel-Heller, Steffi G.
- 31-35 Monetizing illness: The influence of disability assistance priming on how we evaluate the health symptoms of others
by O'Brien, Rourke L.
- 36-42 Ethnic discrimination predicts poor self-rated health and cortisol in pregnancy: Insights from New Zealand
by Thayer, Zaneta M. & Kuzawa, Christopher W.
- 43-51 The effect of unemployment on self-reported health and mental health in Greece from 2008 to 2013: A longitudinal study before and during the financial crisis
by Drydakis, Nick
- 52-56 Attitudes towards legalising physician provided euthanasia in Britain: The role of religion over time
by Danyliv, Andriy & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 57-66 Examining individual and school characteristics associated with child obesity using a multilevel growth model
by Miyazaki, Yasuo & Stack, Maria
- 67-75 Household and neighborhood conditions partially account for associations between education and physical capacity in the National Health and Aging Trends Study
by Samuel, Laura J. & Glass, Thomas A. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Roth, David L.
- 76-86 Social contact frequency and all-cause mortality: A meta-analysis and meta-regression
by Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J.
- 87-94 The roles of culture and gender in the relationship between divorce and suicide risk: A meta-analysis
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Yousuf, Saman & Chan, Chee Hon & Yung, Tiffany & Wu, Kevin C.-C.
- 95-104 Measurement of social capital in relation to health in low and middle income countries (LMIC): A systematic review
by Agampodi, Thilini Chanchala & Agampodi, Suneth Buddhika & Glozier, Nicholas & Siribaddana, Sisira
- 105-114 Grandparental help in Indonesia is directed preferentially towards needier descendants: A potential confounder when exploring grandparental influences on child health
by Snopkowski, Kristin & Sear, Rebecca
- 115-125 Seeking fluid possibility and solid ground: Space and movement in mental health service users' experiences of ‘crisis’
by McGrath, Laura & Reavey, Paula
- 126-133 Exploring opportunities for healthy aging among older persons with a history of homelessness in Toronto, Canada
by Waldbrook, Natalie
- 134-141 Action on the social determinants of health: Views from inside the policy process
by Carey, Gemma & Crammond, Brad
- 142-150 Does regulatory fit lead to more effective health communication? A systematic review
by Ludolph, Ramona & Schulz, Peter J.
- 151-158 Gaps in knowledge: Tracking and explaining gender differences in health information seeking
by Manierre, Matthew J.
- 159-167 Resilience in the face of post-election violence in Kenya: The mediating role of social networks on wellbeing among older people in the Korogocho informal settlement, Nairobi
by Bennett, Rachel & Chepngeno-Langat, Gloria & Evandrou, Maria & Falkingham, Jane
- 168-177 The moderating effect of self-efficacy on normal-weight, overweight, and obese children's math achievement: A longitudinal analysis
by Kranjac, Ashley Wendell
- 178-187 Social determinants and psychological distress among Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander adults in the Australian state of Victoria: A cross-sectional population based study
by Markwick, Alison & Ansari, Zahid & Sullivan, Mary & McNeil, John
- 188-200 Neo-Marxian social class inequalities in the mental well-being of employed men and women: The role of European welfare regimes
by De Moortel, Deborah & Palència, Laia & Artazcoz, Lucía & Borrell, Carme & Vanroelen, Christophe
- 202-211 Determinants and disparities: A simulation approach to the case of child health care
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Milne, Barry & Davis, Peter & Pearson, Janet & McLay, Jessica
- 212-219 ‘Who's the guy in the room?’ Involving fathers in antenatal care screening for sickle cell disorders
by Atkin, Karl & Berghs, Maria & Dyson, Simon
- 220-230 Examining the relationship between social support availability, urban center size, and self-perceived mental health of recent immigrants to Canada: A mixed-methods analysis
by Chadwick, Kathryn A. & Collins, Patricia A.
- 231-238 A model for common ground development to support collaborative health communities
by Kuziemsky, Craig E. & O'Sullivan, Tracey L.
- 239-245 Juggling efficiency. An ethnographic study exploring healthcare seeking practices and institutional logics in Danish primary care settings
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Vedsted, Peter
- 246-254 One-year reciprocal relationship between community participation and mental wellbeing in Australia: A panel analysis
by Ding, Ning & Berry, Helen L. & O'Brien, Léan V.
- 255-262 International clinical trials, cardiovascular disease and treatment options in the Russian Federation: Research and treatment in practice
by Zvonareva, Olga & Engel, Nora & Martsevich, Sergey & de Wert, Guido & Horstman, Klasien
- 263-271 Therapeutic landscapes and living with breast cancer: The lived experiences of Thai women
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Suwankhong, Dusanee
- 273-281 “I won't call it rationing…”: An ethnographic study of healthcare disinvestment in theory and practice
by Rooshenas, Leila & Owen-Smith, Amanda & Hollingworth, William & Badrinath, Padmanabhan & Beynon, Claire & Donovan, Jenny L.
- 282-289 Heat protection behaviors and positive affect about heat during the 2013 heat wave in the United Kingdom
by Lefevre, Carmen E. & Bruine de Bruin, Wändi & Taylor, Andrea L. & Dessai, Suraje & Kovats, Sari & Fischhoff, Baruch
- 290-300 Prioritization and the elusive effect on welfare – A Norwegian health care reform revisited
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kjerstad, Egil
- 301-308 It takes a giraffe to see the big picture – Citizens' view on decision makers in health care rationing
by Broqvist, Mari & Garpenby, Peter
- 309-315 Short horizons and obesity futures: Disjunctures between public health interventions and everyday temporalities
by Warin, Megan & Zivkovic, Tanya & Moore, Vivienne & Ward, Paul R. & Jones, Michelle
- 316-326 Income inequality and health: A causal review
by Pickett, Kate E. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 347-355 Does early-life income inequality predict self-reported health in later life? Evidence from the United States
by Lillard, Dean R. & Burkhauser, Richard V. & Hahn, Markus H. & Wilkins, Roger
- 356-365 Should age-period-cohort studies return to the methodologies of the 1970s?
by Reither, Eric N. & Masters, Ryan K. & Yang, Yang Claire & Powers, Daniel A. & Zheng, Hui & Land, Kenneth C.
- 366-373 Explaining mental health disparities for non-monosexual women: Abuse history and risky sex, or the burdens of non-disclosure?
by Persson, Tonje J. & Pfaus, James G. & Ryder, Andrew G.
2015, Volume 127, Issue C
- 8-18 Trends and group differences in the association between educational attainment and U.S. adult mortality: Implications for understanding education's causal influence
by Hayward, Mark D. & Hummer, Robert A. & Sasson, Isaac
- 19-28 Trends in education gradients of ‘preventable’ mortality: A test of fundamental cause theory
by Masters, Ryan K. & Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo C.
- 29-40 A meta-analysis of education effects on chronic disease: The causal dynamics of the Population Education Transition Curve
by Smith, William C. & Anderson, Emily & Salinas, Daniel & Horvatek, Renata & Baker, David P.
- 41-50 Cohort changes in educational disparities in smoking: France, Germany and the United States
by Pampel, Fred & Legleye, Stephane & Goffette, Céline & Piontek, Daniela & Kraus, Ludwig & Khlat, Myriam
- 51-62 Variations in the relation between education and cause-specific mortality in 19 European populations: A test of the “fundamental causes” theory of social inequalities in health
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Kulhánová, Ivana & Bopp, Matthias & Deboosere, Patrick & Eikemo, Terje A. & Hoffmann, Rasmus & Kulik, Margarete C. & Leinsalu, Mall & Martikainen, Pekka & Menvielle, Gwenn & Regidor, Enrique & Wojtyniak, Bogdan & Östergren, Olof & Lundberg, Olle
- 63-73 When does education matter? The protective effect of education for cohorts graduating in bad times
by Cutler, David M. & Huang, Wei & Lleras-Muney, Adriana
- 74-82 Compulsory schooling reforms, education and mortality in twentieth century Europe
by Gathmann, Christina & Jürges, Hendrik & Reinhold, Steffen
- 83-91 Does more education lead to better health habits? Evidence from the school reforms in Australia
by Li, Jinhu & Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 92-100 Education and health knowledge: Evidence from UK compulsory schooling reform
by Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A. & Suziedelyte, Agne
- 101-107 New evidence of the effects of education on health in the US: Compulsory schooling laws revisited
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 108-115 The effect of increased primary schooling on adult women's HIV status in Malawi and Uganda: Universal Primary Education as a natural experiment
by Behrman, Julia Andrea
- 116-123 Can universal pre-kindergarten programs improve population health and longevity? Mechanisms, evidence, and policy implications
by Muennig, Peter
- 124-133 Are literacy skills associated with young adults' health in Africa? Evidence from Malawi
by Smith-Greenaway, Emily
- 134-142 Education and mortality among older adults in China
by Luo, Ye & Zhang, Zhenmei & Gu, Danan
- 143-149 A blunted diurnal cortisol response in the lower educated does not explain educational differences in coronary heart disease: Findings from the AGES-Reykjavik Study
by Groffen, Daniëlle A.I. & Bosma, Hans & Koster, Annemarie & von Bonsdorff, Mikaela B. & Aspelund, Thor & Eiriksdottir, Gudny & Penninx, Brenda W.J.H. & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M. & Kirschbaum, Clemens & Gudnason, Vilmundur & Harris, Tamara B.
- 150-158 Genetic vulnerability to diabetes and obesity: Does education offset the risk?
by Liu, S.Y. & Walter, S. & Marden, J. & Rehkopf, D.H. & Kubzansky, L.D. & Nguyen, T. & Glymour, M.M.
- 159-170 Can education rescue genetic liability for cognitive decline?
by Cook, C. Justin & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 171-180 What can genes tell us about the relationship between education and health?
by Boardman, Jason D. & Domingue, Benjamin W. & Daw, Jonathan
- 181-189 Schooling has smaller or insignificant effects on adult health in the US than suggested by cross-sectional associations: New estimates using relatively large samples of identical twins
by Amin, Vikesh & Behrman, Jere R. & Kohler, Hans-Peter
- 190-197 Cross-sectional schooling-health associations misrepresented causal schooling effects on adult health and health-related behaviors: Evidence from the Chinese Adults Twins Survey
by Behrman, Jere R. & Xiong, Yanyan & Zhang, Junsen
- 203-205 Educational attainment and life expectancy: A perspective from the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research
by Spittel, Michael L. & Riley, William T. & Kaplan, Robert M.
2015, Volume 126, Issue C
- 1-8 What binds biosociality? The collective effervescence of the parent-led conference
by Dimond, Rebecca & Bartlett, Andrew & Lewis, Jamie
- 9-16 Latent and manifest empiricism in Q'eqchi' Maya healing: A case study of HIV/AIDS
by Waldram, James B. & Hatala, Andrew R.
- 17-25 Interdisciplinary promises versus practices in medicine: The decoupled experiences of social sciences and humanities scholars
by Albert, Mathieu & Paradis, Elise & Kuper, Ayelet
- 26-35 Inequalities in social capital and health between people with and without disabilities
by Mithen, Johanna & Aitken, Zoe & Ziersch, Anne & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 36-47 The impact of using computer decision-support software in primary care nurse-led telephone triage: Interactional dilemmas and conversational consequences
by Murdoch, Jamie & Barnes, Rebecca & Pooler, Jillian & Lattimer, Valerie & Fletcher, Emily & Campbell, John L.
- 48-58 Practices used for recommending sickness certification by general practitioners: A conversation analytic study of UK primary care consultations
by Wheat, Hannah C. & Barnes, Rebecca K. & Byng, Richard
- 59-66 A not so happy day after all: Excess death rates on birthdays in the U.S
by Peña, Pablo A.
- 67-72 Addressing the unemployment–mortality conundrum: Non-linearity is the answer
by Bonamore, Giorgio & Carmignani, Fabrizio & Colombo, Emilio
- 73-85 Portraying mental illness and drug addiction as treatable health conditions: Effects of a randomized experiment on stigma and discrimination
by McGinty, Emma E. & Goldman, Howard H. & Pescosolido, Bernice & Barry, Colleen L.
- 86-98 Lived experience of acute gastrointestinal illness in Rigolet, Nunatsiavut: “Just suffer through it”
by Harper, Sherilee L. & Edge, Victoria L. & Ford, James & Thomas, M. Kate & McEwen, Scott A.
- 99-109 Constrained choices? Linking employees' and spouses' work time to health behaviors
by Fan, Wen & Lam, Jack & Moen, Phyllis & Kelly, Erin & King, Rosalind & McHale, Susan
- 110-118 “I used to be as fit as a linnet” – Beliefs, attitudes, and environmental supportiveness for physical activity in former mining areas in the North-East of England
by Rind, Esther & Jones, Andy
- 119-127 Scaling up nutrition in fragile and conflict-affected states: The pivotal role of governance
by Taylor, Sebastian A.J. & Perez-Ferrer, Carolina & Griffiths, Andrew & Brunner, Eric
- 128-137 Public views on principles for health care priority setting: Findings of a European cross-country study using Q methodology
by van Exel, Job & Baker, Rachel & Mason, Helen & Donaldson, Cam & Brouwer, Werner
- 138-144 Do time-invariant confounders explain away the association between job stress and workers' mental health?: Evidence from Japanese occupational panel data
by Oshio, Takashi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Inoue, Akiomi
- 145-153 Early childhood WIC participation, cognitive development and academic achievement
by Jackson, Margot I.
- 154-163 Inequities in health care utilization by people aged 50+: Evidence from 12 European countries
by Terraneo, Marco
- 164-168 Racial resentment and smoking
by Samson, Frank L.
- 169-176 Structural adjustment and public spending on health: Evidence from IMF programs in low-income countries
by Kentikelenis, Alexander E. & Stubbs, Thomas H. & King, Lawrence P.
2015, Volume 125, Issue C
- 8-18 The front line of social capital creation – A natural experiment in symbolic interaction
by Patulny, Roger & Siminski, Peter & Mendolia, Silvia
- 19-31 Choosing your network: Social preferences in an online health community
by Centola, Damon & van de Rijt, Arnout
- 32-39 Siblings, friends, course-mates, club-mates: How adolescent health behavior homophily varies by race, class, gender, and health status
by Daw, Jonathan & Margolis, Rachel & Verdery, Ashton M.
- 40-50 Mental health and social networks in early adolescence: A dynamic study of objectively-measured social interaction behaviors
by Pachucki, Mark C. & Ozer, Emily J. & Barrat, Alain & Cattuto, Ciro
- 51-59 Reprint of: Results from using a new dyadic-dependence model to analyze sociocentric physician networks
by Paul, Sudeshna & Keating, Nancy L. & Landon, Bruce E. & O’Malley, A. James
- 60-78 Social networks and health: A systematic review of sociocentric network studies in low- and middle-income countries
by Perkins, Jessica M. & Subramanian, S.V. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 79-93 Challenges to recruiting population representative samples of female sex workers in China using Respondent Driven Sampling
by Merli, M. Giovanna & Moody, James & Smith, Jeffrey & Li, Jing & Weir, Sharon & Chen, Xiangsheng
- 94-106 The health benefits of network growth: New evidence from a national survey of older adults
by Cornwell, Benjamin & Laumann, Edward O.
- 107-115 The mix matters: Complex personal networks relate to higher cognitive functioning in old age
by Ellwardt, Lea & Van Tilburg, Theo G. & Aartsen, Marja J.
- 129-138 Social network predictors of latrine ownership
by Shakya, Holly B. & Christakis, Nicholas A. & Fowler, James H.
- 139-150 Tragic, but not random: The social contagion of nonfatal gunshot injuries
by Papachristos, Andrew V. & Wildeman, Christopher & Roberto, Elizabeth
- 151-162 Reprint of: The myth of conformity: Adolescents and abstention from unhealthy drinking behaviors
by Rees, Carter & Wallace, Danielle
- 163-172 Neighborhoods and adolescent health-risk behavior: An ecological network approach
by Browning, Christopher R. & Soller, Brian & Jackson, Aubrey L.
- 173-181 Multiplex congruity: Friendship networks and perceived popularity as correlates of adolescent alcohol use
by Fujimoto, Kayo & Valente, Thomas W.
- 182-191 Reprint of: “This is the medicine:” A Kenyan community responds to a sexual concurrency reduction intervention
by Knopf, Amelia & Agot, Kawango & Sidle, John & Naanyu, Violet & Morris, Martina
- 192-202 A new HIV prevention network approach: Sociometric peer change agent selection
by Schneider, John A. & Zhou, A. Ning & Laumann, Edward O.
- 203-213 Leveraging social influence to address overweight and obesity using agent-based models: The role of adolescent social networks
by Zhang, J. & Tong, L. & Lamberson, P.J. & Durazo-Arvizu, R.A. & Luke, A. & Shoham, D.A.
2015, Volume 124, Issue C
- 1-8 Shards of sorrow: Older men's accounts of their depression experience
by Apesoa-Varano, Ester Carolina & Barker, Judith C. & Hinton, Ladson
- 11-17 Childhood psychological distress and youth unemployment: Evidence from two British cohort studies
by Egan, Mark & Daly, Michael & Delaney, Liam
- 18-28 Paying for primary care: A cross-sectional analysis of cost and morbidity distributions across primary care payment models in Ontario Canada
by Rudoler, David & Laporte, Audrey & Barnsley, Janet & Glazier, Richard H. & Deber, Raisa B.
- 29-38 Does informal care impact utilization of healthcare services? Evidence from a longitudinal study of stroke patients
by Torbica, Aleksandra & Calciolari, Stefano & Fattore, Giovanni
- 39-47 Dealing with uncertainty and high prices of new medicines: A comparative analysis of the use of managed entry agreements in Belgium, England, the Netherlands and Sweden
by Ferrario, Alessandra & Kanavos, Panos
- 48-56 Valuing health at the end of life: A stated preference discrete choice experiment
by Shah, Koonal K. & Tsuchiya, Aki & Wailoo, Allan J.
- 57-65 Exploring the feasibility of theory synthesis: A worked example in the field of health related risk-taking
by Pound, Pandora & Campbell, Rona
- 66-75 The physical and social determinants of mortality in the 3.11 tsunami
by Aldrich, Daniel P. & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 76-84 The determinants of dentists' productivity and the measurement of output
by Gutacker, Nils & Harris, Anthony & Brennan, David & Hollingsworth, Bruce
- 85-93 Sick of our loans: Student borrowing and the mental health of young adults in the United States
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Gee, Gilbert C. & Gentile, Danielle
- 94-102 Willingness to pay for telecare programmes to support independent living: Results from a contingent valuation study
by Callan, Aoife & O'Shea, Eamon
- 103-114 Changing handwashing behaviour in southern Ethiopia: A longitudinal study on infrastructural and commitment interventions
by Contzen, Nadja & Meili, Iara Helena & Mosler, Hans-Joachim
- 115-120 Cost sharing and hospitalizations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions
by Arrieta, Alejandro & García-Prado, Ariadna
- 121-131 Is temporary employment damaging to health? A longitudinal study on Italian workers
by Pirani, Elena & Salvini, Silvana
- 132-141 Racial/ethnic differences in use of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana: Is there a cross-over from adolescence to adulthood?
by Keyes, Katherine M. & Vo, Thomas & Wall, Melanie M. & Caetano, Raul & Suglia, Shakira F. & Martins, Silvia S. & Galea, Sandro & Hasin, Deborah
- 142-151 Mental health inequalities in 9 former Soviet Union countries: Evidence from the previous decade
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & McKee, Martin
- 152-161 Environmental disorder and functional decline among older adults: A layered context approach
by Schafer, Markus H. & Upenieks, Laura
- 162-170 Mental health and general wellness in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike
by Lowe, Sarah R. & Joshi, Spruha & Pietrzak, Robert H. & Galea, Sandro & Cerdá, Magdalena
- 171-179 Are neighborhood bonding and bridging social capital protective against depressive mood in old age? A multilevel analysis in Japan
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Nofuji, Yu & Matsuo, Eri & Nishi, Mariko & Taniguchi, Yu & Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Shinkai, Shoji
- 180-186 Prestige rankings of chronic diseases and disabilities. A survey among professionals in the disability field
by Grue, Jan & Johannessen, Lars E.F. & Rasmussen, Erik Fossan
- 187-195 Social norms and its correlates as a pathway to smoking among young Latino adults
by Echeverría, Sandra E. & Gundersen, Daniel A. & Manderski, Michelle T.B. & Delnevo, Cristine D.
- 196-204 Framing in policy processes: A case study from hospital planning in the National Health Service in England
by Jones, Lorelei & Exworthy, Mark
- 205-214 Developing empirically supported theories of change for housing investment and health
by Thomson, Hilary & Thomas, Sian
- 215-223 When does marketisation lead to privatisation? Profit-making in English health services after the 2012 Health and Social Care Act
by Krachler, Nick & Greer, Ian
- 224-231 Hybridity as a process of technology's ‘translation’: Customizing a national Electronic Patient Record
by Petrakaki, Dimitra & Klecun, Ela
- 232-240 Do community health workers perceive mechanisms associated with the success of community case management of malaria? A qualitative study from Burkina Faso
by Druetz, Thomas & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Haddad, Slim & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry
- 241-245 Implementation of effective cigarette health warning labels among low and middle income countries: State capacity, path-dependency and tobacco industry activity
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Glantz, Stanton A.
- 246-256 The impact of interventions to promote physical activity in urban green space: A systematic review and recommendations for future research
by Hunter, Ruth F. & Christian, Hayley & Veitch, Jenny & Astell-Burt, Thomas & Hipp, J.Aaron & Schipperijn, Jasper
- 257-265 The effect of traffic lights and regulatory statements on the choice between complementary and conventional medicines in Australia: Results from a discrete choice experiment
by Spinks, Jean & Mortimer, Duncan
- 266-274 Exploring complex causal pathways between urban renewal, health and health inequality using a theory-driven realist approach
by Mehdipanah, Roshanak & Manzano, Ana & Borrell, Carme & Malmusi, Davide & Rodriguez-Sanz, Maica & Greenhalgh, Joanne & Muntaner, Carles & Pawson, Ray
- 275-283 Increase in frailty of older workers and retirees predicted by negative psychosocial working conditions on the job
by Kalousova, Lucie & Mendes de Leon, Carlos
- 290-297 Perceptions of an ‘international hospital’ in Thailand by medical travel patients: Cross-cultural tensions in a transnational space
by Whittaker, Andrea & Chee, Heng Leng
- 298-304 Brief encounters: Assembling cosmetic surgery tourism
by Holliday, Ruth & Bell, David & Cheung, Olive & Jones, Meredith & Probyn, Elspeth
- 305-312 Solidarity by demand? Exit and voice in international medical travel – The case of Indonesia
by Ormond, Meghann
- 313-320 South–South medical tourism and the quest for health in Southern Africa
by Crush, Jonathan & Chikanda, Abel
- 321-330 Health region development from the perspective of system theory – An empirical cross-regional case study
by Volgger, Michael & Mainil, Tomas & Pechlaner, Harald & Mitas, Ondrej
- 331-337 Reprint of: Dream vs. reality: Seven case-studies on the desirability and feasibility of cross-border hospital collaboration in Europe
by Glinos, Irene A. & Baeten, Rita
- 338-345 International patients within the NHS: A case of public sector entrepreneurialism
by Lunt, Neil & Exworthy, Mark & Hanefeld, Johanna & Smith, Richard D.
- 346-355 Transnational healthcare practices of Romanian migrants in Ireland: Inequalities of access and the privatisation of healthcare services in Europe
by Stan, Sabina
- 356-363 Why do medical tourists travel to where they do? The role of networks in determining medical travel
by Hanefeld, J. & Lunt, N. & Smith, R. & Horsfall, D.
- 364-373 Cross-border mobility and social networks: Laotians seeking medical treatment along the Thai border
by Bochaton, Audrey
- 374-382 International migration of health professionals and the marketization and privatization of health education in India: From push–pull to global political economy
by Walton-Roberts, Margaret
- 383-390 Transnational surrogacy: Canada's contradictions
by Lozanski, Kristin
- 391-397 Cross-border reproductive care for law evasion: A qualitative study into the experiences and moral perspectives of French women who go to Belgium for treatment with donor sperm
by Van Hoof, Wannes & Pennings, Guido & De Sutter, Petra
2014, Volume 123, Issue C
- 1-6 Inequalities in institutional delivery uptake and maternal mortality reduction in the context of cash incentive program, Janani Suraksha Yojana: Results from nine states in India
by Randive, Bharat & San Sebastian, Miguel & De Costa, Ayesha & Lindholm, Lars
- 7-17 Exploring stigmatisation among people diagnosed with either bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder: A critical realist analysis
by Bonnington, Oliver & Rose, Diana
- 18-25 Effects of infant health on family food insecurity: Evidence from two U.S. birth cohort studies
by Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 26-36 Pathways between acculturation and health behaviors among residents of low-income housing: The mediating role of social and contextual factors
by Allen, Jennifer Dacey & Caspi, Caitlin & Yang, May & Leyva, Bryan & Stoddard, Anne M. & Tamers, Sara & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Sorensen, Glorian C.
- 37-44 Applying the contact hypothesis to anti-fat attitudes: Contact with overweight people is related to how we interact with our bodies and those of others
by Alperin, Anandi & Hornsey, Matthew J. & Hayward, Lydia E. & Diedrichs, Phillippa C. & Barlow, Fiona Kate
- 45-54 A retrospective health policy analysis of the development and implementation of the voluntary health insurance system in Lebanon: Learning from failure
by El-Jardali, Fadi & Bou-Karroum, Lama & Ataya, Nour & El-Ghali, Hana Addam & Hammoud, Rawan
- 55-63 The socioeconomic gradient in physical inactivity: Evidence from one million adults in England
by Farrell, Lisa & Hollingsworth, Bruce & Propper, Carol & Shields, Michael A.
- 64-71 The doctor–patient relationship, defensive medicine and overprescription in Chinese public hospitals: Evidence from a cross-sectional survey in Shenzhen city
by He, Alex Jingwei
- 72-81 Nutritional strategies of Latino farmworker families with preschool children: Identifying leverage points for obesity prevention
by Quandt, Sara A. & Grzywacz, Joseph G. & Trejo, Grisel & Arcury, Thomas A.
- 82-89 When ‘breast’ is no longer ‘best’: Post-partum constructions of infant-feeding in the hospital
by Braimoh, Jessica & Davies, Lorraine
- 90-95 Social network analysis of public health programs to measure partnership
by Schoen, Martin W. & Moreland-Russell, Sarah & Prewitt, Kim & Carothers, Bobbi J.
- 96-104 The effects of performance incentives on the utilization and quality of maternal and child care in Burundi
by Bonfrer, Igna & Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 105-113 Adherence to anti-depressant medication: A medicine-taking career
by Buus, Niels
- 114-124 Changes in health selection of obesity among Mexican immigrants: A binational examination
by Ro, Annie & Fleischer, Nancy
- 125-132 Moving beyond the historical quagmire of measuring infant mortality for the First Nations population in Canada
by Elias, Brenda
- 133-140 Long-term psychiatric consequences of exposure to trauma in Cambodia: A regional household survey
by Cantor-Graae, Elizabeth & Chak, Thida & Sunbaunat, Ka & Jarl, Johan & Larsson, Charlotte A.
- 141-148 Birth order and physical fitness in early adulthood: Evidence from Swedish military conscription data
by Barclay, Kieron & Myrskylä, Mikko
- 149-159 Experiences of stigma and discrimination of people with schizophrenia in India
by Koschorke, Mirja & Padmavati, R. & Kumar, Shuba & Cohen, Alex & Weiss, Helen A. & Chatterjee, Sudipto & Pereira, Jesina & Naik, Smita & John, Sujit & Dabholkar, Hamid & Balaji, Madhumitha & Chavan, Animish & Varghese, Mathew & Thara, R. & Thornicroft, Graham & Patel, Vikram
- 168-173 The role of civil society in health care reforms: An arena for hegemonic struggles
by Filc, Dani
- 174-181 Public or private? The role of the state and civil society in health and health inequalities across nations
by Olafsdottir, Sigrun & Bakhtiari, Elyas & Barman, Emily
- 182-193 The potential of social enterprise to enhance health and well-being: A model and systematic review
by Roy, Michael J. & Donaldson, Cam & Baker, Rachel & Kerr, Susan
- 194-201 Taking part: Engaging knowledge on health in clinical encounters
by Nunes, João Arriscado & Ferreira, Patrícia & Queirós, Filipa
- 202-209 The voluntary sector and health policy: The role of national level health consumer and patients' organisations in the UK
by Baggott, Rob & Jones, Kathryn
- 210-216 Civil society and the Health and Social Care Act in England and Wales: Theory and praxis for the twenty-first century
by Scambler, Graham & Scambler, Sasha & Speed, Ewen
- 217-225 Self-help friendliness: A German approach for strengthening the cooperation between self-help groups and health care professionals
by Kofahl, Christopher & Trojan, Alf & Knesebeck, Olaf von dem & Nickel, Stefan
- 226-233 Citizen participation and discontent in three Southern European health systems
by Serapioni, Mauro & Matos, Ana Raquel
- 234-241 Civil society, third sector, and healthcare: The case of social cooperatives in Italy
by Borzaga, Carlo & Fazzi, Luca
- 242-249 Self-help/mutual aid as active citizenship associations: A case-study of the chronically ill in Italy
by Giarelli, Guido & Spina, Elena
- 250-261 Governing through community-based research: Lessons from the Canadian HIV research sector
by Guta, Adrian & Strike, Carol & Flicker, Sarah & J. Murray, Stuart & Upshur, Ross & Myers, Ted
- 262-268 Engaging civil society through deliberative dialogue to create the first Mental Health Strategy for Canada: Changing Directions, Changing Lives
by Mulvale, Gillian & Chodos, Howard & Bartram, Mary & MacKinnon, Mary Pat & Abud, Manon
- 269-277 To whom do bureaucrats need to respond? Two faces of civil society in health policy
by Lim, Seunghoo & Lee, Keon-Hyung & Suh, Hae Sun & Bae, Kwi-Hee
- 278-286 Does more equitable governance lead to more equitable health care? A case study based on the implementation of health reform in Aboriginal health Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Sabanovic, Hana & La Brooy, Camille & Lock, Mark & Lusher, Dean & Brown, Larry
- 287-294 The role of civil society organizations in the institutionalization of indigenous medicine in Bolivia
by Babis, Deby
2014, Volume 122, Issue C
- 1-12 Vital places: Facilitators of behavioral and social health mechanisms in low-income neighborhoods
by Walton, Emily
- 13-20 The social dynamics of healthy food shopping and store choice in an urban environment
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Hillier, Amy & Karpyn, Allison & Glanz, Karen
- 21-30 Newborn care practices in rural Bangladesh: Implications for the adaptation of kangaroo mother care for community-based interventions
by Hunter, Erin C. & Callaghan-Koru, Jennifer A. & Al Mahmud, Abdullah & Shah, Rashed & Farzin, Azadeh & Cristofalo, Elizabeth A. & Akhter, Sadika & Baqui, Abdullah H.
- 31-43 The impending globalization of ADHD: Notes on the expansion and growth of a medicalized disorder
by Conrad, Peter & Bergey, Meredith R.
- 44-52 ‘Every bone of my body:’ Domestic violence and the diagnostic body
by Sweet, Paige L.
- 53-62 Leadership networks in Catholic parishes: Implications for implementation research in health
by Negrón, Rosalyn & Leyva, Bryan & Allen, Jennifer & Ospino, Hosffman & Tom, Laura & Rustan, Sarah
- 63-71 Healthcare organization–education partnerships and career ladder programs for health care workers
by Dill, Janette S. & Chuang, Emmeline & Morgan, Jennifer C.
- 72-80 Standardization as situation-specific achievement: Regulatory diversity and the production of value in intercontinental collaborations in stem cell medicine
by Rosemann, Achim
- 81-89 Do institutional logics predict interpretation of contract rules at the dental chair-side?
by Harris, Rebecca & Brown, Stephen & Holt, Robin & Perkins, Elizabeth
- 90-102 Politics drives human functioning, dignity, and quality of life
by Barber, Brian K. & Spellings, Carolyn & McNeely, Clea & Page, Paul D. & Giacaman, Rita & Arafat, Cairo & Daher, Mahmoud & El Sarraj, Eyad & Mallouh, Mohammed Abu
- 103-112 The National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana's Upper West Region: A gendered perspective of insurance acquisition in a resource-poor setting
by Dixon, Jenna & Luginaah, Isaac & Mkandawire, Paul
- 113-121 How do dual practitioners divide their time? The cases of three African capital cities
by McPake, Barbara & Russo, Giuliano & Tseng, Fu-Min
- 122-129 Racial/ethnic residential segregation, neighborhood poverty and urinary biomarkers of diet in New York City adults
by Yi, Stella S. & Ruff, Ryan R. & Jung, Molly & Waddell, Elizabeth Needham
- 130-139 Public engagement in priority-setting: Results from a pan-Canadian survey of decision-makers in cancer control
by Regier, Dean A. & Bentley, Colene & Mitton, Craig & Bryan, Stirling & Burgess, Michael M. & Chesney, Ellen & Coldman, Andy & Gibson, Jennifer & Hoch, Jeffrey & Rahman, Syed & Sabharwal, Mona & Sawka, Carol & Schuckel, Victoria & Peacock, Stuart J.
- 140-147 Contextualizing online human milk sharing: Structural factors and lactation disparity among middle income women in the U.S
by Palmquist, Aunchalee E.L. & Doehler, Kirsten
- 148-156 Adult children's socioeconomic positions and their parents' mortality: A comparison of education, occupational class, and income
by Torssander, Jenny
2014, Volume 121, Issue C
- 1-9 In search of links between social capital, mental health and sociotherapy: A longitudinal study in Rwanda
by Verduin, Femke & Smid, Geert E. & Wind, Tim R. & Scholte, Willem F.
- 10-20 The effects of marriage and separation on the psychotropic medication use of non-married cohabiters: A register-based longitudinal study among adult Finns
by Metsä-Simola, Niina & Martikainen, Pekka
- 21-28 Self-assessed health: What does it mean and what does it hide?
by Au, Nicole & Johnston, David W.
- 30-38 ‘Scaling-up is a craft not a science’: Catalysing scale-up of health innovations in Ethiopia, India and Nigeria
by Spicer, Neil & Bhattacharya, Dipankar & Dimka, Ritgak & Fanta, Feleke & Mangham-Jefferies, Lindsay & Schellenberg, Joanna & Tamire-Woldemariam, Addis & Walt, Gill & Wickremasinghe, Deepthi
- 39-47 Adolescent socio-economic and school-based social status, health and well-being
by Sweeting, Helen & Hunt, Kate
- 48-55 Right to health, essential medicines, and lawsuits for access to medicines – A scoping study
by Vargas-Peláez, Claudia Marcela & Rover, Marina Raijche Mattozo & Leite, Silvana Nair & Rossi Buenaventura, Francisco & Farias, Mareni Rocha
- 56-64 Retaining rural doctors: Doctors' preferences for rural medical workforce incentives
by Li, Jinhu & Scott, Anthony & McGrail, Matthew & Humphreys, John & Witt, Julia
- 65-73 The effect of chronic pain on life satisfaction: Evidence from Australian data
by McNamee, Paul & Mendolia, Silvia
- 74-84 The contribution of lifestyle and work factors to social inequalities in self-rated health among the employed population in Switzerland
by Hämmig, Oliver & Gutzwiller, Felix & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 85-90 Food as people: Teenagers' perspectives on food personalities and implications for healthy eating
by Elliott, Charlene
- 91-97 The association between a living wage and subjective social status and self-rated health: A quasi-experimental study in the Dominican Republic
by Landefeld, John C. & Burmaster, Katharine B. & Rehkopf, David H. & Syme, S. Leonard & Lahiff, Maureen & Adler-Milstein, Sarah & Fernald, Lia C.H.
- 98-108 Do employment protection policies reduce the relative disadvantage in the labour market experienced by unhealthy people? A natural experiment created by the Great Recession in Europe
by Reeves, Aaron & Karanikolos, Marina & Mackenbach, Johan & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
2014, Volume 120, Issue C
- 1-11 Effects of comparative claims in prescription drug direct-to-consumer advertising on consumer perceptions and recall
by O'Donoghue, Amie C. & Williams, Pamela A. & Sullivan, Helen W. & Boudewyns, Vanessa & Squire, Claudia & Willoughby, Jessica Fitts
- 12-20 Measuring quality of life in mental health: Are we asking the right questions?
by Connell, Janice & O'Cathain, Alicia & Brazier, John
- 21-30 Life-course and cohort trajectories of mental health in the UK, 1991–2008 – A multilevel age–period–cohort analysis
by Bell, Andrew
- 31-39 Neighborhood racial composition and trajectories of child self-rated health: An application of longitudinal propensity scores
by Root, Elisabeth Dowling & Humphrey, Jamie L.
- 40-48 Is the prescribing behavior of Chinese physicians driven by financial incentives?
by Chen, Chun & Dong, Weizhen & Shen, Jay J. & Cochran, Christopher & Wang, Ying & Hao, Mo
- 49-56 Impact of the gap between socioeconomic stratum and subjective social class on depressive symptoms: Unique insights from a longitudinal analysis
by Kim, Jae-Hyun & Lee, Sang Gyu & Shin, Jaeyong & Park, Eun-Cheol
- 57-66 “The we's have it”: Evidence for the distinctive benefits of group engagement in enhancing cognitive health in aging
by Haslam, Catherine & Cruwys, Tegan & Haslam, S. Alexander
- 67-75 Adolescents' health identities: A qualitative and theoretical study of health education courses
by Grabowski, D. & Rasmussen, K.K.
- 76-84 The unfinished body: The medical and social reshaping of disabled young bodies
by McLaughlin, Janice & Coleman-Fountain, Edmund
- 85-91 The narrative (re)production of prestige: How neurosurgeons teach medical students to valorise diseases
by Johannessen, Lars E.F.
- 92-99 Health benefits of religion among Black and White older adults? Race, religiosity, and C-reactive protein
by Ferraro, Kenneth F. & Kim, Seoyoun
- 100-109 Low immigrant mortality in England and Wales: A data artefact?
by Wallace, Matthew & Kulu, Hill
- 110-117 Variation in the costs of dying and the role of different health services, socio-demographic characteristics, and preceding health care expenses
by Rolden, Herbert J.A. & van Bodegom, David & Westendorp, Rudi G.J.
- 118-125 A different look at the epidemiological paradox: Self-rated health, perceived social cohesion, and neighborhood immigrant context
by Bjornstrom, Eileen E.S. & Kuhl, Danielle C.
- 126-134 No time for the gym? Housework and other non-labor market time use patterns are associated with meeting physical activity recommendations among adults in full-time, sedentary jobs
by Smith, Lindsey P. & Ng, Shu Wen & Popkin, Barry M.
- 135-141 How theory is used and articulated in qualitative research: Development of a new typology
by Bradbury-Jones, Caroline & Taylor, Julie & Herber, Oliver
- 142-152 Accessibility patterns and community integration among previously homeless adults: A Geographic Information Systems (GIS) approach
by Chan, Dara V. & Gopal, Sucharita & Helfrich, Christine A.
- 153-159 Are tuition-free primary education policies associated with lower infant and neonatal mortality in low- and middle-income countries?
by Quamruzzaman, Amm & Mendoza Rodríguez, José M. & Heymann, Jody & Kaufman, Jay S. & Nandi, Arijit
- 160-168 Eliciting community preferences for complementary micro health insurance: A discrete choice experiment in rural Malawi
by Abiiro, Gilbert Abotisem & Torbica, Aleksandra & Kwalamasa, Kassim & De Allegri, Manuela
- 169-179 Seeds of prevention: The impact on health behaviors of young adolescent girls in Uttar Pradesh, India, a cluster randomized control trial
by Kapadia-Kundu, Nandita & Storey, Douglas & Safi, Basil & Trivedi, Geetali & Tupe, Rama & Narayana, G.
- 180-189 Ethnic enclaves and gestational diabetes among immigrant women in New York City
by Janevic, T. & Borrell, L.N. & Savitz, D.A. & Echeverria, S.E. & Rundle, A.
- 190-198 Stressors and common mental disorder in informal carers – An analysis of the English Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey 2007
by Stansfeld, Stephen & Smuk, Melanie & Onwumere, Juliana & Clark, Charlotte & Pike, Cleo & McManus, Sally & Harris, Jenny & Bebbington, Paul
- 199-207 The impact of parental educational trajectories on their adult offspring's overweight/obesity status: A study of three generations of Swedish men and women
by Chaparro, M.P. & Koupil, Ilona
- 208-214 Doing diagnosis: Whether and how clinicians use a diagnostic tool of uncertain clinical utility
by Armstrong, Natalie & Hilton, Paul
- 215-223 Controlling parasites, understanding practices: The biosocial complexity of a One Health intervention for neglected zoonotic helminths in northern Lao PDR
by Bardosh, Kevin & Inthavong, Phouth & Xayaheuang, Sivilai & Okello, Anna L.
- 224-232 Depressive symptoms and SES among the mid-aged and elderly in China: Evidence from the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study national baseline
by Lei, Xiaoyan & Sun, Xiaoting & Strauss, John & Zhang, Peng & Zhao, Yaohui
- 233-242 The habitus of ‘rescue’ and its significance for implementation of rapid response systems in acute health care
by Mackintosh, Nicola & Humphrey, Charlotte & Sandall, Jane
- 243-251 Hospital admissions for severe mental illness in England: Changes in equity of utilisation at the small area level between 2006 and 2010
by White, Jonathan & Gutacker, Nils & Jacobs, Rowena & Mason, Anne
- 252-259 Seeing risk and allocating responsibility: Talk of culture and its consequences on the work of patient safety
by Szymczak, Julia E.
- 260-268 Wage differences according to health status in France
by Ben Halima, Mohamed Ali & Rococo, Emeline
- 269-277 State-level social capital and suicide mortality in the 50 U.S. states
by Smith, Nathan Daniel Lucia & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 278-285 Living with autism spectrum disorder in Hanoi, Vietnam
by Ha, Vu Song & Whittaker, Andrea & Whittaker, Maxine & Rodger, Sylvia
- 286-300 Personality disorders, alcohol use, and alcohol misuse
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & French, Michael T.
- 301-310 Life events trajectories, allostatic load, and the moderating role of age at arrival from Puerto Rico to the US mainland
by Arévalo, Sandra P. & Tucker, Katherine L. & Falcón, Luis M.
- 317-324 Disaster medicine: Genealogy of a concept
by Stehrenberger, Cécile Stephanie & Goltermann, Svenja
- 325-333 Theorizing the relationship between NGOs and the state in medical humanitarian development projects
by Asad, Asad L. & Kay, Tamara
- 334-343 Rapid response: Email, immediacy, and medical humanitarianism in Aceh, Indonesia
by Grayman, Jesse Hession
- 344-351 Did we do good? NGOs, conflicts of interest and the evaluation of short-term medical missions in Sololá, Guatemala
by Berry, Nicole S.
- 352-359 Performing deservingness. Humanitarian health care provision for migrants in Germany
by Huschke, Susann
- 360-367 Medical humanitarianism in the United States: Alternative healthcare, spirituality and political advocacy in the case of Our Lady Guadalupe Free Clinic
by Tiedje, Kristina & Plevak, David J.
- 368-377 The epidemiology of lethal violence in Darfur: Using micro-data to explore complex patterns of ongoing armed conflict
by de Waal, Alex & Hazlett, Chad & Davenport, Christian & Kennedy, Joshua
- 378-386 On the frontline of eastern Burma's chronic conflict – Listening to the voices of local health workers
by Footer, Katherine H.A. & Meyer, Sarah & Sherman, Susan G. & Rubenstein, Leonard
- 387-395 Bounded agency in humanitarian settings: A qualitative study of adherence to antiretroviral therapy among refugees situated in Kenya and Malaysia
by Mendelsohn, Joshua B. & Rhodes, Tim & Spiegel, Paul & Schilperoord, Marian & Burton, John Wagacha & Balasundaram, Susheela & Wong, Chunting & Ross, David A.
- 396-404 Changing landscapes, changing practice: Negotiating access to sleeping sickness services in a post-conflict society
by Palmer, Jennifer J. & Kelly, Ann H. & Surur, Elizeous I. & Checchi, Francesco & Jones, Caroline
- 405-412 Camel milk, amoxicillin, and a prayer: Medical pluralism and medical humanitarian aid in the Somali Region of Ethiopia
by Carruth, Lauren
- 413-420 Everyday suffering outside prison walls: A legacy of community justice in post-genocide Rwanda
by Rutayisire, Théoneste & Richters, Annemiek
- 421-429 The military physician and contested medical humanitarianism: A dueling identity?
by Gordon, Stuart
- 430-438 The co-construction of medical humanitarianism: Analysis of personal, organizationally condoned narratives from an agency website
by Ager, Alastair & Iacovou, Melina
2014, Volume 119, Issue C
- 1-9 The social construction of ‘dowry deaths’
by Belur, Jyoti & Tilley, Nick & Daruwalla, Nayreen & Kumar, Meena & Tiwari, Vinay & Osrin, David
- 10-17 Posthumous gamete retrieval and reproduction: Would the deceased spouse consent?
by Hans, Jason D.
- 18-26 Healthcare system and the wealth–health gradient: A comparative study of older populations in six countries
by Maskileyson, Dina
- 27-35 Perceived quality of an alternative to acute hospitalization: An analytical study at a community hospital in Hallingdal, Norway
by Lappegard, Øystein & Hjortdahl, Per
- 36-44 Enrolment of older people in social health protection programs in West Africa – Does social exclusion play a part?
by Parmar, Divya & Williams, Gemma & Dkhimi, Fahdi & Ndiaye, Alfred & Asante, Felix Ankomah & Arhinful, Daniel Kojo & Mladovsky, Philipa
- 45-52 All gates lead to smoking: The ‘gateway theory’, e-cigarettes and the remaking of nicotine
by Bell, Kirsten & Keane, Helen
- 53-63 Nativity, duration of residence and chronic health conditions in Australia: Do trends converge towards the native-born population?
by Jatrana, Santosh & Pasupuleti, Samba Siva Rao & Richardson, Ken
- 64-73 Assessing patterns of spatial behavior in health studies: Their socio-demographic determinants and associations with transportation modes (the RECORD Cohort Study)
by Perchoux, Camille & Kestens, Yan & Thomas, Frédérique & Hulst, Andraea Van & Thierry, Benoit & Chaix, Basile
- 74-80 Dispensing emotions: Norwegian community nurses' handling of diversity in a changing organizational context
by Debesay, Jonas & Harsløf, Ivan & Rechel, Bernd & Vike, Halvard
- 81-87 Social capital and adolescent smoking in schools and communities: A cross-classified multilevel analysis
by De Clercq, Bart & Pfoertner, Timo-Kolja & Elgar, Frank J. & Hublet, Anne & Maes, Lea
- 88-97 Bucking social norms: Examining anomalous fertility aspirations in the face of HIV in Lusaka, Zambia
by Moore, Ann M. & Keogh, Sarah & Kavanaugh, Megan & Bankole, Akinrinola & Mulambia, Chishimba & Mutombo, Namuunda
- 98-105 What must I do to succeed?: Narratives from the US premedical experience
by Lin, Katherine Y. & Anspach, Renee R. & Crawford, Brett & Parnami, Sonali & Fuhrel-Forbis, Andrea & De Vries, Raymond G.
- 106-113 ‘We call it a virus but I want to say it's the devil inside’: Redemption, moral reform and relationships with God among people living with HIV in Papua New Guinea
by Kelly-Hanku, Angela & Aggleton, Peter & Shih, Patti
- 114-122 “Don't eat that, you'll get fat!” Exploring how parents and children conceptualise and frame messages about the causes and consequences of obesity
by Thomas, Samantha L. & Olds, Timothy & Pettigrew, Simone & Randle, Melanie & Lewis, Sophie
- 123-130 Symptomization and triggering processes: Ovarian cancer patients' narratives on pre-diagnostic sensation experiences and the initiation of healthcare seeking
by Brandner, Susanne & Müller-Nordhorn, Jacqueline & Stritter, Wiebke & Fotopoulou, Christina & Sehouli, Jalid & Holmberg, Christine
- 131-138 Re-conceptualising holism in the contemporary nursing mandate: From individual to organisational relationships
by Allen, Davina
- 139-146 The effect of social support on the health of Indigenous Australians in a metropolitan community
by Waterworth, Pippa & Rosenberg, Michael & Braham, Rebecca & Pescud, Melanie & Dimmock, James
- 147-154 Social capital, collective action and access to water in rural Kenya
by Bisung, Elijah & Elliott, Susan J. & Schuster-Wallace, Corinne J. & Karanja, Diana M. & Bernard, Abudho
- 155-169 The psychological toll of slum living in Mumbai, India: A mixed methods study
by Subbaraman, Ramnath & Nolan, Laura & Shitole, Tejal & Sawant, Kiran & Shitole, Shrutika & Sood, Kunal & Nanarkar, Mahesh & Ghannam, Jess & Betancourt, Theresa S. & Bloom, David E. & Patil-Deshmukh, Anita
- 170-174 Lower prevalence of psychiatric conditions when negative age stereotypes are resisted
by Levy, Becca R. & Pilver, Corey E. & Pietrzak, Robert H.
- 180-190 Survival of offspring who experience early parental death: Early life conditions and later-life mortality
by Smith, Ken R. & Hanson, Heidi A. & Norton, Maria C. & Hollingshaus, Michael S. & Mineau, Geraldine P.
- 191-197 Ambient temperature during gestation and cold-related adult mortality in a Swedish cohort, 1915–2002
by Bruckner, Tim A. & van den Berg, Gerard J. & Smith, Kirk R. & Catalano, Ralph A.
- 198-206 Socioeconomic status across the life course and all-cause and cause-specific mortality in Finland
by Elo, Irma T. & Martikainen, Pekka & Myrskylä, Mikko
- 207-214 Direct and indirect effects of childhood conditions on survival and health among male and female elderly in China
by Shen, Ke & Zeng, Yi
- 215-223 The association between advanced maternal and paternal ages and increased adult mortality is explained by early parental loss
by Myrskylä, Mikko & Elo, Irma T. & Kohler, Iliana V. & Martikainen, Pekka
- 224-231 Early life conditions and long-term sickness absence during adulthood – A longitudinal study of 9000 siblings in Sweden
by Helgertz, Jonas & Persson, Mats R.
- 232-239 Independent and additive association of prenatal famine exposure and intermediary life conditions with adult mortality between age 18–63 years
by Ekamper, P. & van Poppel, F. & Stein, A.D. & Lumey, L.H.
- 240-248 Can individual conditions during childhood mediate or moderate the long-term cognitive effects of poor economic environments at birth?
by Fritze, Thomas & Doblhammer, Gabriele & van den Berg, Gerard J.
- 249-257 Small for gestational age and adulthood risk of disability pension: The contribution of childhood and adulthood conditions
by Helgertz, Jonas & Vågerö, Denny
- 258-265 Lifelong Socio Economic Position and biomarkers of later life health: Testing the contribution of competing hypotheses
by Ploubidis, George B. & Benova, Lenka & Grundy, Emily & Laydon, Daniel & DeStavola, Bianca
- 266-273 Early life effects across the life course: The impact of individually defined exogenous measures of disease exposure on mortality by sex in 19th- and 20th-century Southern Sweden
by Quaranta, Luciana
- 274-283 Kinship matters: Long-term mortality consequences of childhood migration, historical evidence from northeast China, 1792–1909
by Dong, Hao & Lee, James Z.
- 284-291 Intergenerational health consequences of in utero exposure to maternal stress: Evidence from the 1980 Kwangju uprising
by Lee, Chulhee
2014, Volume 118, Issue C
- 1-8 Mental health in the foreclosure crisis
by Houle, Jason N.
- 9-16 Patients' diagnosis decisions in Alzheimer's disease: The influence of family factors
by Rapp, Thomas
- 17-26 Displays of authority in the clinical consultation: A linguistic ethnographic study of the electronic patient record
by Swinglehurst, Deborah
- 27-32 Evidence of accelerated aging among African Americans and its implications for mortality
by Levine, M.E. & Crimmins, E.M.
- 33-42 Acceptability and feasibility of using non-specialist health workers to deliver mental health care: Stakeholder perceptions from the PRIME district sites in Ethiopia, India, Nepal, South Africa, and Uganda
by Mendenhall, Emily & De Silva, Mary J. & Hanlon, Charlotte & Petersen, Inge & Shidhaye, Rahul & Jordans, Mark & Luitel, Nagendra & Ssebunnya, Joshua & Fekadu, Abebaw & Patel, Vikram & Tomlinson, Mark & Lund, Crick
- 43-51 The effect of in-office waiting time on physician visit frequency among working-age adults
by Tak, Hyo Jung & Hougham, Gavin W. & Ruhnke, Atsuko & Ruhnke, Gregory W.
- 52-60 Are social organizational factors independently associated with a current bacterial sexually transmitted infection among urban adolescents and young adults?
by Jennings, Jacky M. & Hensel, Devon J. & Tanner, Amanda E. & Reilly, Meredith L. & Ellen, Jonathan M.
- 61-65 A short report on knowledge exchange through research-based theatre: ‘Inside out of mind’
by Schneider, Justine & Lowe, Stephen & Myers, Tanya & Scales, Kezia & Bailey, Simon & Middleton, Joanne
- 66-70 Prenatal investments, breastfeeding, and birth order
by Buckles, Kasey & Kolka, Shawna
- 71-79 Racial/ethnic disparities in short sleep duration by occupation: The contribution of immigrant status
by Jackson, Chandra L. & Hu, Frank B. & Redline, Susan & Williams, David R. & Mattei, Josiemer & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 80-88 Is religion the forgotten variable in maternal and child health? Evidence from Zimbabwe
by Ha, Wei & Salama, Peter & Gwavuya, Stanley & Kanjala, Chifundo
- 89-96 The association between grandparenthood and mortality
by Christiansen, Solveig Glestad
- 97-107 The general and mental health of movers to more- and less-disadvantaged socio-economic and physical environments within the UK
by Tunstall, Helena & Mitchell, Richard & Pearce, Jamie & Shortt, Niamh
- 108-118 How does mental–physical multimorbidity express itself in lived time and space? A phenomenological analysis of encounters with depression and chronic physical illness
by Coventry, Peter A. & Dickens, Chris & Todd, Chris
- 119-126 Fragile health and fragile wealth: Mortgage strain among African American homeowners
by Keene, Danya E. & Lynch, Julia F. & Baker, Amy Castro
- 127-134 Modeling satisfaction amongst the elderly in different Chinese urban neighborhoods
by Yan, Bingqiu & Gao, Xiaolu & Lyon, Michael
- 135-142 Predictors of suicides occurring within suicide clusters in Australia, 2004–2008
by Derek Cheung, Yee Tak & Spittal, Matthew J. & Williamson, Michelle Kate & Tung, Sui Jay & Pirkis, Jane
- 143-151 Social status and biological dysregulation: The “status syndrome” and allostatic load
by Seeman, Melvin & Stein Merkin, Sharon & Karlamangla, Arun & Koretz, Brandon & Seeman, Teresa
- 152-158 Stigma and the perpetuation of obesity
by Brewis, Alexandra A.
- 159-165 Colonization of later life? Laypersons' and users' agency regarding anti-aging medicine in Germany
by Schweda, Mark & Pfaller, Larissa
- 166-172 The association between psychosocial stress and mortality is mediated by lifestyle and chronic diseases: The Hoorn Study
by Rutters, Femke & Pilz, Stefan & Koopman, Anitra D. & Rauh, Simone P. & Te Velde, Saskia J. & Stehouwer, Coen D. & Elders, Petra J. & Nijpels, Giel & Dekker, Jacqueline M.
- 173-180 Dependency denied: Health inequalities in the neo-liberal era
by Peacock, Marian & Bissell, Paul & Owen, Jenny
- 182-190 Are the educational differences in incidence of cardiovascular disease explained by underlying familial factors? A twin study
by Madsen, Mia & Andersen, Per K. & Gerster, Mette & Andersen, Anne-Marie N. & Christensen, Kaare & Osler, Merete
2014, Volume 117, Issue C
- 1-9 Is self-rated health a stable and predictive factor for allostatic load in early adulthood? Findings from the Nord Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT)
by Vie, Tina Løkke & Hufthammer, Karl Ove & Holmen, Turid Lingaas & Meland, Eivind & Breidablik, Hans Johan
- 10-17 Do welfare regimes influence the association between disability and self-perceived health? A multilevel analysis of 57 countries
by Foubert, Josephine & Levecque, Katia & Van Rossem, Ronan & Romagnoli, Alessia
- 18-24 Dream vs. reality: Seven case-studies on the desirability and feasibility of cross-border hospital collaboration in Europe
by Glinos, Irene A. & Baeten, Rita
- 25-33 The influence of gender equality policies on gender inequalities in health in Europe
by Palència, Laia & Malmusi, Davide & De Moortel, Deborah & Artazcoz, Lucía & Backhans, Mona & Vanroelen, Christophe & Borrell, Carme
- 34-41 Exploring socio-cultural factors that mediate, facilitate, & constrain the health and empowerment of refugee youth
by Edge, Sara & Newbold, K. Bruce & McKeary, Marie
- 42-49 The politics of tuberculosis and HIV service integration in Ghana
by Amo-Adjei, Joshua & Kumi-Kyereme, Akwasi & Fosuah Amo, Hannah & Awusabo-Asare, Kofi
- 50-57 The social life of health records: Understanding families' experiences of autism
by Angell, Amber M. & Solomon, Olga
- 58-66 No association found between cardiovascular mortality, and job demands and decision latitude: Experience from the Västerbotten Intervention Programme in Sweden
by Padyab, Mojgan & Blomstedt, Yulia & Norberg, Margareta
- 67-75 Results from using a new dyadic-dependence model to analyze sociocentric physician networks
by Paul, Sudeshna & Keating, Nancy L. & Landon, Bruce E. & O'Malley, A. James
- 76-85 Suicide and the 2008 economic recession: Who is most at risk? Trends in suicide rates in England and Wales 2001–2011
by Coope, Caroline & Gunnell, David & Hollingworth, William & Hawton, Keith & Kapur, Nav & Fearn, Vanessa & Wells, Claudia & Metcalfe, Chris
- 86-95 Linking governance mechanisms to health outcomes: A review of the literature in low- and middle-income countries
by Ciccone, Dana Karen & Vian, Taryn & Maurer, Lydia & Bradley, Elizabeth H.
- 96-106 ‘It is hard for mums to put themselves first’: How mothers diagnosed with breast cancer manage the sociological boundaries between paid work, family and caring for the self
by Mackenzie, Catherine Ruth
- 107-115 Negotiating jurisdiction in the workplace: A multiple-case study of nurse prescribing in hospital settings
by Kroezen, M. & Mistiaen, P. & van Dijk, L. & Groenewegen, P.P. & Francke, A.L.
- 116-124 Social recovery and the move beyond deficit models of depression: A feminist analysis of mid-life women's self-care practices
by Fullagar, Simone & O'Brien, Wendy
- 125-133 Understanding the adoption dynamics of medical innovations: Affordances of the da Vinci robot in the Netherlands
by Abrishami, Payam & Boer, Albert & Horstman, Klasien
- 134-141 Health system reform in rural China: Voices of healthworkers and service-users
by Zhou, Xu Dong & Li, Lu & Hesketh, Therese
- 142-149 Assessing the potential impact of increased participation in higher education on mortality: Evidence from 21 European populations
by Kulhánová, Ivana & Hoffmann, Rasmus & Judge, Ken & Looman, Caspar W.N. & Eikemo, Terje A. & Bopp, Matthias & Deboosere, Patrick & Leinsalu, Mall & Martikainen, Pekka & Rychtaříková, Jitka & Wojtyniak, Bogdan & Menvielle, Gwenn & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 150-159 The inter-section of political history and health policy in Asia – The historical foundations for health policy analysis
by Grundy, John & Hoban, Elizabeth & Allender, Steve & Annear, Peter
2014, Volume 116, Issue C
- 1-9 Neighborhood context and immigrant children's physical activity
by Brewer, Mackenzie & Kimbro, Rachel Tolbert
- 10-21 How community environment shapes physical activity: Perceptions revealed through the PhotoVoice method
by Belon, Ana Paula & Nieuwendyk, Laura M. & Vallianatos, Helen & Nykiforuk, Candace I.J.
- 22-31 Suicide and the Great Recession of 2007–2009: The role of economic factors in the 50 U.S. states
by Phillips, Julie A. & Nugent, Colleen N.
- 32-40 Consultancy research as a barrier to strengthening social science research capacity in Uganda
by Wight, Daniel & Ahikire, Josephine & Kwesiga, Joy C.
- 41-48 The psychiatric report as moral tool: A case study in a French district court
by Fernandez, Fabrice & Lézé, Samuel
- 49-55 The relationship between parenting, family interaction and childhood dental caries: A case-control study
by de Jong-Lenters, M. & Duijster, D. & Bruist, M.A. & Thijssen, J. & de Ruiter, C.
- 56-63 How might healthcare systems influence speed of cancer diagnosis: A narrative review
by Brown, Sally & Castelli, Michele & Hunter, David J. & Erskine, Jonathan & Vedsted, Peter & Foot, Catherine & Rubin, Greg
- 64-72 Cohort differences in the marriage–health relationship for midlife women
by Newton, Nicky J. & Ryan, Lindsay H. & King, Rachel T. & Smith, Jacqui
- 73-81 The two cultures of health worker migration: A Pacific perspective
by Connell, John
- 82-92 Contribution of streetscape audits to explanation of physical activity in four age groups based on the Microscale Audit of Pedestrian Streetscapes (MAPS)
by Cain, Kelli L. & Millstein, Rachel A. & Sallis, James F. & Conway, Terry L. & Gavand, Kavita A. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Geremia, Carrie M. & Chapman, James & Adams, Marc A. & Glanz, Karen & King, Abby C.
- 93-101 Assessing young people's perceptions of HIV risks in Nyanza, Kenya: Are school and community level factors relevant?
by Tenkorang, Eric Y. & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor
- 102-109 The caregiving bind: Concealing the demands of informal care can undermine the caregiving identity
by Moore, Helen & Gillespie, Alex
- 110-118 At the intersection of sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, and cervical cancer screening: Assessing Pap test use disparities by sex of sexual partners among black, Latina, and white U.S. women
by Agénor, Madina & Krieger, Nancy & Austin, S. Bryn & Haneuse, Sebastien & Gottlieb, Barbara R.
- 119-125 “It's better for me to drink, at least the stress is going away”: Perspectives on alcohol use during pregnancy among South African women attending drinking establishments
by Watt, Melissa H. & Eaton, Lisa A. & Choi, Karmel W. & Velloza, Jennifer & Kalichman, Seth C. & Skinner, Donald & Sikkema, Kathleen J.
- 126-133 Conceptualising time before surgery: The experience of patients waiting for hip replacement
by Johnson, Emma C. & Horwood, Jeremy & Gooberman-Hill, Rachael
- 134-141 A diagnostic illusory? The case of distinguishing between “vegetative” and “minimally conscious” states
by Nettleton, Sarah & Kitzinger, Jenny & Kitzinger, Celia
- 142-149 Adults with autism in India: A mixed-method approach to make meaning of daily routines
by Daley, Tamara C. & Weisner, Thomas & Singhal, Nidhi
- 150-160 An empirical analysis of White privilege, social position and health
by Kwate, Naa Oyo A. & Goodman, Melody S.
- 161-168 Investigating the influence of African American and African Caribbean race on primary care doctors' decision making about depression
by Adams, A. & Vail, L. & Buckingham, C.D. & Kidd, J. & Weich, S. & Roter, D.
- 169-177 HIV prevention and marriage: Peer group effects on condom use acceptability in rural Kenya
by Cordero Coma, Julia
- 178-186 Counselee participation in follow-up breast cancer genetic counselling visits and associations with achievement of the preferred role, cognitive outcomes, risk perception alignment and perceived personal control
by Albada, Akke & Ausems, Margreet G.E.M. & van Dulmen, Sandra
- 187-192 The convergent validity of three surveys as alternative sources of health information to the 2011 UK census
by Taylor, Joanna & Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham
- 193-201 Willingness to pay for publicly financed health care services in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence from six countries based on a contingent valuation method
by Tambor, Marzena & Pavlova, Milena & Rechel, Bernd & Golinowska, Stanisława & Sowada, Christoph & Groot, Wim
- 202-210 Poverty and transitions in health in later life
by Adena, Maja & Myck, Michal
- 211-219 Can counter-advertising reduce pre-adolescent children's susceptibility to front-of-package promotions on unhealthy foods?: Experimental research
by Dixon, Helen & Scully, Maree & Kelly, Bridget & Chapman, Kathy & Wakefield, Melanie
- 225-234 Questions of trust in health research on social capital: What aspects of personal network social capital do they measure?
by Carpiano, Richard M. & Fitterer, Lisa M.
- 241-250 The color of health: Skin color, ethnoracial classification, and discrimination in the health of Latin Americans
by Perreira, Krista M. & Telles, Edward E.
2014, Volume 114, Issue C
- 1-9 Determining and broadening the definition of impact from implementing a rational priority setting approach in a healthcare organization
by Cornelissen, Evelyn & Mitton, Craig & Davidson, Alan & Reid, Colin & Hole, Rachelle & Visockas, Anne-Marie & Smith, Neale
- 10-17 The effect of age and time to death on primary care costs: The Italian experience
by Atella, Vincenzo & Conti, Valentina
- 18-25 How religious status shapes psychological well-being: Cultural consonance as a measure of subcultural status among Brazilian Pentecostals
by François Dengah, H.J.
- 26-37 Discussing race-related limitations of genomic testing for colon cancer risk: Implications for education and counseling
by Butrick, Morgan N. & Vanhusen, Lauren & Leventhal, Kara-Grace & Hooker, Gillian W. & Nusbaum, Rachel & Peshkin, Beth N. & Salehizadeh, Yasmin & Pavlick, Jessica & Schwartz, Marc D. & Graves, Kristi D.
- 38-48 Testing a discrete choice experiment including duration to value health states for large descriptive systems: Addressing design and sampling issues
by Bansback, Nick & Hole, Arne Risa & Mulhern, Brendan & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 49-56 Narratives of continuity among older people with late stage chronic kidney disease who decline dialysis
by Llewellyn, Henry & Low, Joe & Smith, Glenn & Hopkins, Katherine & Burns, Aine & Jones, Louise
- 57-65 Patient and provider perspectives on quality and health system effectiveness in a transition economy: Evidence from Ukraine
by Luck, J. & Peabody, J.W. & DeMaria, L.M. & Alvarado, C.S. & Menon, R.
- 66-72 “There's a higher power, but He gave us a free will”: Socioeconomic status and the intersection of agency and fatalism in infertility
by Bell, Ann V. & Hetterly, Elizabeth
- 73-80 Exploring lay views on physical activity and their implications for public health policy. A case study from East Belfast
by Prior, L. & Scott, D. & Hunter, R. & Donnelly, M. & Tully, M.A. & Cupples, M.E. & Kee, F.
- 81-88 Intra-professional dynamics in translational health research: The perspective of social scientists
by Currie, Graeme & El Enany, Nellie & Lockett, Andy
- 89-96 Costs and consequences of a cash transfer for hospital births in a rural district of Uttar Pradesh, India
by Coffey, Diane
- 97-102 Women's land ownership and risk of HIV infection in Kenya
by Muchomba, Felix M. & Wang, Julia Shu-Huah & Agosta, Laura Maria
- 103-112 Evaluating return on investment in a school based health promotion and prevention program: The investment multiplier for the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden National Program
by Eckermann, Simon & Dawber, James & Yeatman, Heather & Quinsey, Karen & Morris, Darcy
- 113-120 Uneasy subjects: Medical students' conflicts over the pharmaceutical industry
by Holloway, Kelly
- 121-128 Understanding resilience in armed conflict: Social resources and mental health of children in Burundi
by Hall, Brian J. & Tol, Wietse A. & Jordans, Mark J.D. & Bass, Judith & de Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 129-137 Do reviews of healthcare interventions teach us how to improve healthcare systems?
by Pawson, Ray & Greenhalgh, Joanne & Brennan, Cathy & Glidewell, Elizabeth
- 138-150 Understanding the formation and influence of attitudes in patients' treatment choices for lower back pain: Testing the benefits of a hybrid choice model approach
by Kløjgaard, Mirja Elisabeth & Hess, Stephane
- 151-160 A changing epidemiology of suicide? The influence of birth cohorts on suicide rates in the United States
by Phillips, Julie A.
- 161-168 Why do some countries spend more for health? An assessment of sociopolitical determinants and international aid for government health expenditures
by Liang, Li-Lin & Mirelman, Andrew J.
- 169-177 The influence of women's empowerment on maternal health care utilization: Evidence from Albania
by Sado, Lantona & Spaho, Alma & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 178-187 The relationship between happiness and health: Evidence from Italy
by Sabatini, Fabio
- 188-196 Whose social capital matters? The case of U.S. urban public hospital closures and conversions to private ownership
by Ko, Michelle & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Needleman, Jack & Ponce, Ninez A.
2014, Volume 113, Issue C
- 1-4 Health worker performance in rural health organizations in low- and middle-income countries: Do organizational factors predict non-task performance?
by Jayasuriya, Rohan & Jayasinghe, Upali W. & Wang, Qian
- 5-14 Valuing QALYs at the end of life
by Pinto-Prades, Jose-Luis & Sánchez-Martínez, Fernando-Ignacio & Corbacho, Belen & Baker, Rachel
- 15-22 Unemployment and mortality: Evidence from the PSID
by Halliday, Timothy J.
- 23-33 The influence of work-family conflict trajectories on self-rated health trajectories in Switzerland: A life course approach
by Cullati, Stéphane
- 34-41 Methods of legitimation: How ethics committees decide which reasons count in public policy decision-making
by Edwards, Kyle T.
- 42-49 Distributional effects of Oportunidades on early child development
by Figueroa, José Luis
- 50-58 Active travel intervention and physical activity behaviour: An evaluation
by Norwood, Patricia & Eberth, Barbara & Farrar, Shelley & Anable, Jillian & Ludbrook, Anne
- 59-67 Does poverty reduce mental health? An instrumental variable analysis
by Hanandita, Wulung & Tampubolon, Gindo
- 68-76 A person-centred segmentation study in elderly care: Towards efficient demand-driven care
by Eissens van der Laan, M.R. & van Offenbeek, M.A.G. & Broekhuis, H. & Slaets, J.P.J.
- 77-86 The ‘gender puzzle’ of alternative medicine and holistic spirituality: A literature review
by Keshet, Yael & Simchai, Dalit
- 87-94 Assessing the responsiveness of chronic disease care - Is the World Health Organization's concept of health system responsiveness applicable?
by Röttger, Julia & Blümel, Miriam & Fuchs, Sabine & Busse, Reinhard
- 95-103 Examining the association between social health insurance participation and patients' out-of-pocket payments in China: The role of institutional arrangement
by Liu, Kai & Wu, Qiaobing & Liu, Junqiang
- 104-109 Public acceptability of population-level interventions to reduce alcohol consumption: A discrete choice experiment
by Pechey, Rachel & Burge, Peter & Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Suhrcke, Marc & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 110-119 Are public–private partnerships a healthy option? A systematic literature review
by Roehrich, Jens K. & Lewis, Michael A. & George, Gerard
- 120-136 How potentially serious symptom changes are talked about and managed in COPD clinical review consultations: A micro-analysis
by Chatwin, John & Kennedy, Anne & Firth, Adam & Povey, Andrew & Rogers, Anne & Sanders, Caroline
- 137-144 The impact of housing displacement on the mental health of low-income parents after Hurricane Katrina
by Fussell, Elizabeth & Lowe, Sarah R.
- 145-153 A peer adherence support intervention to improve the antiretroviral treatment outcomes of HIV patients in South Africa: The moderating role of family dynamics
by Wouters, Edwin & Masquillier, Caroline & Ponnet, Koen & le Roux Booysen, Frederik
- 154-160 Cross-country variation in the sociodemographic factors associated with major depressive episode in Norway, the United Kingdom, Ghana, and Kenya
by Ambugo, Eliva A.
- 161-168 They are not always a burden: Older people and child fostering in Uganda during the HIV epidemic
by Kasedde, Susan & Doyle, Aoife M. & Seeley, Janet A. & Ross, David A.
- 169-176 Codifying knowledge to improve patient safety: A qualitative study of practice-based interventions
by Turner, Simon & Higginson, Juliet & Oborne, C. Alice & Thomas, Rebecca E. & Ramsay, Angus I.G. & Fulop, Naomi J.
2014, Volume 112, Issue C
- 1-11 Attitudes to vaccination: A critical review
by Yaqub, Ohid & Castle-Clarke, Sophie & Sevdalis, Nick & Chataway, Joanna
- 12-21 Social class differences in BMI among Danish women: Applying Cockerham's health lifestyles approach and Bourdieu's theory of lifestyle
by Christensen, Vibeke T. & Carpiano, Richard M.
- 22-29 Social class and body weight among Chinese urban adults: The role of the middle classes in the nutrition transition
by Bonnefond, Céline & Clément, Matthieu
- 30-38 Impacts of Child Development Accounts on maternal depressive symptoms: Evidence from a randomized statewide policy experiment
by Huang, Jin & Sherraden, Michael & Purnell, Jason Q.
- 39-50 The impact of fiscal austerity on suicide: On the empirics of a modern Greek tragedy
by Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan
- 51-62 Reassembling epidemiology: Mapping, monitoring and making-up people in the context of HIV prevention in India
by Lorway, Robert & Khan, Shamshad
- 63-71 Welfare states and population health: The role of minimum income benefits for mortality
by Nelson, Kenneth & Fritzell, Johan
- 72-79 Working time and cigarette smoking: Evidence from Australia and the United Kingdom
by Angrave, David & Charlwood, Andy & Wooden, Mark
- 80-87 Do school-based physical activity interventions increase or reduce inequalities in health?
by Vander Ploeg, Kerry A. & Maximova, Katerina & McGavock, Jonathan & Davis, Wendy & Veugelers, Paul
2014, Volume 111, Issue C
- 1-9 The effects of socioeconomic incongruity in the neighbourhood on social support, self-esteem and mental health in England
by Albor, C. & Uphoff, E.P. & Stafford, M. & Ballas, D. & Wilkinson, R.G. & Pickett, K.E.
- 10-16 Payment reform and changes in health care in China
by Gao, Chen & Xu, Fei & Liu, Gordon G.
- 17-24 Prenatal smoking and genetic risk: Examining the childhood origins of externalizing behavioral problems
by Petkovsek, Melissa A. & Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Barnes, J.C.
- 25-34 The geography of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A population-based study of Norway
by Halvorsen, Thomas & Martinussen, Pål E.
- 35-40 Does desire for hastened death change in terminally ill cancer patients?
by Rosenfeld, Barry & Pessin, Hayley & Marziliano, Allison & Jacobson, Colleen & Sorger, Brooke & Abbey, Jennifer & Olden, Megan & Brescia, Robert & Breitbart, William
- 41-49 The spillover effect of National Health Insurance on household consumption patterns: Evidence from a natural experiment in Taiwan
by Sheu, Ji-Tian & Lu, Jui-fen Rachel
- 50-57 Gold mining on Mayan-Mam territory: Social unravelling, discord and distress in the Western highlands of Guatemala
by Caxaj, C. Susana & Berman, Helene & Varcoe, Colleen & Ray, Susan L. & Restoulec, Jean-Paul
- 58-63 Temporal effects of separation on suicidal thoughts and behaviours
by Batterham, Philip J. & Fairweather-Schmidt, A. Kate & Butterworth, Peter & Calear, Alison L. & Mackinnon, Andrew J. & Christensen, Helen
- 64-73 Urban liveability: Emerging lessons from Australia for exploring the potential for indicators to measure the social determinants of health
by Badland, Hannah & Whitzman, Carolyn & Lowe, Melanie & Davern, Melanie & Aye, Lu & Butterworth, Iain & Hes, Dominique & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 74-83 Testing devices or experimental systems? Cancer clinical trials take the genomic turn
by Nelson, Nicole C. & Keating, Peter & Cambrosio, Alberto & Aguilar-Mahecha, Adriana & Basik, Mark
- 84-93 HIV-related social intolerance and risky sexual behavior in a high HIV prevalence environment
by Delavande, Adeline & Sampaio, Mafalda & Sood, Neeraj
- 94-100 Conditional health-related benefits of higher education: An assessment of compensatory versus accumulative mechanisms
by Bauldry, Shawn
- 101-109 An explanatory model of peer education within a complex medicines information exchange setting
by Klein, Linda A. & Ritchie, Jan E. & Nathan, Sally & Wutzke, Sonia
- 110-116 Provider payment bares teeth: Dentist reimbursement and the use of check-up examinations
by Listl, Stefan & Chalkley, Martin
- 117-124 Neighborhoods and mental health: Exploring ethnic density, poverty, and social cohesion among Asian Americans and Latinos
by Hong, Seunghye & Zhang, Wei & Walton, Emily
- 125-133 Reporting risk, producing prejudice: How news reporting on obesity shapes attitudes about health risk, policy, and prejudice
by Saguy, Abigail C. & Frederick, David & Gruys, Kjerstin
2014, Volume 110, Issue C
- 1-9 A qualitative exploration of access to urban migrant healthcare in Nairobi, Kenya
by Arnold, Christine & Theede, Jason & Gagnon, Anita
- 10-17 Incorporating intersectionality theory into population health research methodology: Challenges and the potential to advance health equity
by Bauer, Greta R.
- 18-25 Social marketing of water and sanitation products: A systematic review of peer-reviewed literature
by Evans, W.D. & Pattanayak, S.K. & Young, S. & Buszin, J. & Rai, S. & Bihm, Jasmine Wallace
- 26-30 A study on the effect of exclusion period on the suicidal risk among the insured
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Chen, Feng
- 31-40 Willingness to pay for public health services in rural Central Java, Indonesia: Methodological considerations when using the contingent valuation method
by Shono, Aiko & Kondo, Masahide & Ohmae, Hiroshi & Okubo, Ichiro
- 41-48 The multiple truths about crystal meth among young people entrenched in an urban drug scene: A longitudinal ethnographic investigation
by Fast, Danya & Kerr, Thomas & Wood, Evan & Small, Will
- 49-55 Hidden harms: Women's narratives of intimate partner violence in a microbicide trial, South Africa
by Stadler, Jonathan & Delany-Moretlwe, Sinead & Palanee, Thesla & Rees, Helen
- 56-63 The breast-cancer-ization of cancer survivorship: Implications for experiences of the disease
by Bell, Kirsten
- 65-73 Assessing access to care for transgender and gender nonconforming people: A consideration of diversity in combating discrimination
by Cruz, Taylor M.
- 74-80 Examining regional variation in the use of cancer screening in Germany
by Vogt, Verena & Siegel, Martin & Sundmacher, Leonie
- 81-88 Cultures of resistance? A Bourdieusian analysis of doctors' antibiotic prescribing
by Broom, Alex & Broom, Jennifer & Kirby, Emma
- 89-95 Individual and spousal unemployment as predictors of smoking and drinking behavior
by Arcaya, Mariana & Glymour, M. Maria & Christakis, Nicholas A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
2014, Volume 109, Issue C
- 1-9 The use of citizens' juries in health policy decision-making: A systematic review
by Street, Jackie & Duszynski, Katherine & Krawczyk, Stephanie & Braunack-Mayer, Annette
- 10-18 Attitudes toward vaccination and the H1N1 vaccine: Poor people's unfounded fears or legitimate concerns of the elite?
by Peretti-Watel, Patrick & Raude, Jocelyn & Sagaon-Teyssier, Luis & Constant, Aymery & Verger, Pierre & Beck, François
- 19-25 Economic cycles and heart disease in Mexico
by Quast, Troy & Gonzalez, Fidel
- 26-34 Determinants of mental illness stigma for adolescents discharged from psychiatric hospitalization
by Moses, Tally
- 35-43 Born at the right time? Childhood health and the business cycle
by Angelini, Viola & Mierau, Jochen O.
- 44-54 Posttraumatic stress in emergency settings outside North America and Europe: A review of the emic literature
by Rasmussen, Andrew & Keatley, Eva & Joscelyne, Amy
- 55-65 Is breast truly best? Estimating the effects of breastfeeding on long-term child health and wellbeing in the United States using sibling comparisons
by Colen, Cynthia G. & Ramey, David M.
- 66-74 Everyday violence, structural racism and mistreatment at the US–Mexico border
by Sabo, Samantha & Shaw, Susan & Ingram, Maia & Teufel-Shone, Nicolette & Carvajal, Scott & de Zapien, Jill Guernsey & Rosales, Cecilia & Redondo, Flor & Garcia, Gina & Rubio-Goldsmith, Raquel
2014, Volume 108, Issue C
- 1-9 Ripple effects of developmental disabilities and mental illness on nondisabled adult siblings
by Wolfe, Barbara & Song, Jieun & Greenberg, Jan S. & Mailick, Marsha R.
- 10-19 From a conservative to a liberal welfare state: Decomposing changes in income-related health inequalities in Germany, 1994–2011
by Siegel, Martin & Vogt, Verena & Sundmacher, Leonie
- 20-33 Rewriting abortion: Deploying medical records in jurisdictional negotiation over a forbidden practice in Senegal
by Suh, Siri
- 34-45 The myth of conformity: Adolescents and abstention from unhealthy drinking behaviors
by Rees, Carter & Wallace, Danielle
- 46-53 The fit between health impact assessment and public policy: Practice meets theory
by Harris, Patrick & Sainsbury, Peter & Kemp, Lynn
- 54-59 What factors influence the use of contracts in the context of NHS dental practice? A systematic review of theory and logic model
by Harris, Rebecca & Mosedale, Sarah & Garner, Jayne & Perkins, Elizabeth
- 60-67 Early life conditions, partnership histories, and mortality risk for Swedish men and women born 1915–1929
by Donrovich, Robyn & Drefahl, Sven & Koupil, Ilona
- 68-73 Sales impact of displaying alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in end-of-aisle locations: An observational study
by Nakamura, Ryota & Pechey, Rachel & Suhrcke, Marc & Jebb, Susan A. & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 74-80 Monetary cost for time spent in everyday physical activities
by Hsu, Anne S. & Vlaev, Ivo
- 81-88 Cross race comparisons between SES health gradients among African–American and white women at mid-life
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J.
- 89-96 The changing contours of experimental governance in European health care
by Fierlbeck, Katherine
- 97-105 Self-management support in primary care: Enactments, disruptions, and conversational consequences
by Thille, Patricia & Ward, Natalie & Russell, Grant
- 106-114 Moving beyond the residential neighborhood to explore social inequalities in exposure to area-level disadvantage: Results from the Interdisciplinary Study on Inequalities in Smoking
by Shareck, Martine & Kestens, Yan & Frohlich, Katherine L.
- 115-119 The impact of an unconditional tax credit for families on self-rated health in adults: Further evidence from the cohort study of 6900 New Zealanders
by Pega, Frank & Carter, Kristie & Kawachi, Ichiro & Davis, Peter & Blakely, Tony
- 120-127 External factors affecting decision-making and use of evidence in an Australian public health policy environment
by Zardo, Pauline & Collie, Alex & Livingstone, Charles
- 128-136 The impact of employment transitions on health in Germany. A difference-in-differences propensity score matching approach
by Gebel, Michael & Voßemer, Jonas
- 137-146 Permeability of public and private spaces in reproductive healthcare seeking: Barriers to uptake of services among low income African American women in a smaller urban setting
by Golden, Annis G.
- 147-155 Social determinants of health and health equity policy research: Exploring the use, misuse, and nonuse of policy analysis theory
by Embrett, Mark G. & Randall, G.E.
- 156-165 Other-regarding behavior and motivation in health care provision: An experiment with medical and non-medical students
by Hennig-Schmidt, Heike & Wiesen, Daniel
- 166-174 Advancing methodology in the study of HIV status disclosure: The importance of considering disclosure target and intent
by Dima, Alexandra L. & Stutterheim, Sarah E. & Lyimo, Ramsey & de Bruin, Marijn
- 175-184 “This is the medicine:” A Kenyan community responds to a sexual concurrency reduction intervention
by Knopf, Amelia & Agot, Kawango & Sidle, John & Naanyu, Violet & Morris, Martina
- 185-193 Neighbourhood disadvantage, network capital and restless sleep: Is the association moderated by gender in urban-dwelling adults?
by Bassett, Emma & Moore, Spencer
- 194-200 Toward a social capital based framework for understanding the water-health nexus
by Bisung, Elijah & Elliott, Susan J.
- 201-209 Alcohol-impaired motor vehicle crash risk and the location of alcohol purchase
by Cotti, Chad & Dunn, Richard A. & Tefft, Nathan
- 210-222 The ‘taking place’ of health and wellbeing: Towards non-representational theory
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Chen, Sandra & Myers, Samantha
- 223-236 Provider payment methods and health worker motivation in community-based health insurance: A mixed-methods study
by Robyn, Paul Jacob & Bärnighausen, Till & Souares, Aurélia & Traoré, Adama & Bicaba, Brice & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 237-242 Very low birthweight: Dysregulated gestation versus evolutionary adaptation
by Catalano, Ralph & Karasek, Deborah & Gemmill, Alison & Falconi, April & Goodman, Julia & Magganas, Aristotle & Hartig, Terry
2014, Volume 107, Issue C
- 1-8 Stigma, agency and recovery amongst people with severe mental illness
by Whitley, Rob & Denise Campbell, Rosalyn
- 9-17 Does walking explain associations between access to greenspace and lower mortality?
by Lachowycz, Kate & Jones, Andy P.
- 18-25 The expressivist objection to prenatal testing: The experiences of families living with genetic disease
by Boardman, Felicity Kate
- 26-36 Racial segregation and maternal smoking during pregnancy: A multilevel analysis using the racial segregation interaction index
by Yang, Tse-Chuan & Shoff, Carla & Noah, Aggie J. & Black, Nyesha & Sparks, Corey S.
- 37-43 What are tests for? The implications of stuttering steps along the US patient pathway
by Tritter, Jonathan Q. & Lutfey, Karen & McKinlay, John
- 44-51 Neighbourhood cohesion and mental wellbeing among older adults: A mixed methods approach
by Elliott, Jane & Gale, Catharine R. & Parsons, Samantha & Kuh, Diana
- 52-60 General practitioners' management of the long-term sick role
by Higgins, Angela & Porter, Sam & O'Halloran, Peter
- 61-67 Increasing maternal healthcare use in Rwanda: Implications for child nutrition and survival
by Pierce, Hayley & Heaton, Tim B. & Hoffmann, John
- 68-77 Is shared misery double misery?
by Mervin, Merehau Cindy & Frijters, Paul
- 78-88 Why do people drop out of community-based health insurance? Findings from an exploratory household survey in Senegal
by Mladovsky, Philipa
- 89-99 What does SNAP benefit usage tell us about food access in low-income neighborhoods?
by Shannon, Jerry
- 100-104 Simmel's dynamic social medicine: New questions for studying medical institutions?
by Menchik, Daniel A.
- 105-112 Gender difference in the health risk perception of radiation from Fukushima in Japan: The role of hegemonic masculinity
by Morioka, Rika
- 113-123 Transnational nurse migration: Future directions for medical anthropological research
by Prescott, Megan & Nichter, Mark
- 124-135 Social support, social strain and inflammation: Evidence from a national longitudinal study of U.S. adults
by Yang, Yang Claire & Schorpp, Kristen & Harris, Kathleen Mullan
- 136-144 Examining mediators of housing mobility on adolescent asthma: Results from a housing voucher experiment
by Schmidt, Nicole M. & Lincoln, Alisa K. & Nguyen, Quynh C. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Osypuk, Theresa L.
- 145-153 ‘Looking beyond the male–female dichotomy’ – Sibling composition and child immunization in India, 1992–2006
by Singh, Prashant Kumar & Parasuraman, Sulabha
- 154-161 Birth weight and adult health in historical perspective: Evidence from a New Zealand cohort, 1907–1922
by Roberts, Evan & Wood, Pamela
- 162-170 Socioeconomic and geographic inequalities in adolescent smoking: A multilevel cross-sectional study of 15 year olds in Scotland
by Levin, K.A. & Dundas, R. & Miller, M. & McCartney, G.
- 171-178 Surviving polio in a post-polio world
by Groce, Nora Ellen & Banks, Lena Morgon & Stein, Michael Ashley
- 179-188 Adapting to social and political transitions – The influence of history on health policy formation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar (Burma)
by Grundy, John & Annear, Peter & Ahmed, Shakil & Biggs, Beverley-Ann
- 189-195 Understanding the experiences and quality of life issues of Bahraini women with breast cancer
by Jassim, Ghufran A. & Whitford, David L.
- 196-204 Maternal work and children's diet, activity, and obesity
by Datar, Ashlesha & Nicosia, Nancy & Shier, Victoria
- 209-216 Community building and mental health in mid-life and older life: Evidence from China
by Shen, Yuying
2014, Volume 106, Issue C
- 1-9 Healthy ageing and home: The perspectives of very old people in five European countries
by Sixsmith, J. & Sixsmith, A. & Fänge, A. Malmgren & Naumann, D. & Kucsera, C. & Tomsone, S. & Haak, M. & Dahlin-Ivanoff, S. & Woolrych, R.
- 10-19 The Roman–Irish Bath: Medical/health history as therapeutic assemblage
by Foley, Ronan
- 20-27 Poverty and mental health in Indonesia
by Tampubolon, Gindo & Hanandita, Wulung
- 28-34 Unemployment, measured and perceived decline of economic resources: Contrasting three measures of recessionary hardships and their implications for adopting negative health behaviors
by Kalousova, Lucie & Burgard, Sarah A.
- 35-42 The impact of social action funds on child health in a conflict affected country: Evidence from Angola
by Djimeu, Eric W.
- 43-52 The impact of youth, family, peer and neighborhood risk factors on developmental trajectories of risk involvement from early through middle adolescence
by Wang, Bo & Deveaux, Lynette & Li, Xiaoming & Marshall, Sharon & Chen, Xinguang & Stanton, Bonita
- 53-58 Who donates their bodies to science? The combined role of gender and migration status among California whole-body donors
by Asad, Asad L. & Anteby, Michel & Garip, Filiz
- 59-66 Reducing emergency bed-days for older people? Network governance lessons from the ‘Improving the Future for Older People’ programme
by Sheaff, Rod & Windle, Karen & Wistow, Gerald & Ashby, Sue & Beech, Roger & Dickinson, Angela & Henderson, Catherine & Knapp, Martin
- 67-74 From policy making to service use. Down's syndrome antenatal screening in England, France and the Netherlands
by Vassy, Carine & Rosman, Sophia & Rousseau, Bénédicte
- 75-82 Does incentivising pill-taking ‘crowd out’ risk-information processing? Evidence from a web-based experiment
by Mantzari, Eleni & Vogt, Florian & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 83-92 Tracking human activity and well-being in natural environments using wearable sensors and experience sampling
by Doherty, Sean T. & Lemieux, Christopher J. & Canally, Culum
- 93-100 Motivation, justification, normalization: Talk strategies used by Canadian medical tourists regarding their choices to go abroad for hip and knee surgeries
by Cameron, Keri & Crooks, Valorie A. & Chouinard, Vera & Snyder, Jeremy & Johnston, Rory & Casey, Victoria
- 101-109 Changing policy and practice: Making sense of national guidelines for osteoarthritis
by Ong, Bie Nio & Morden, Andrew & Brooks, Lauren & Porcheret, Mark & Edwards, John J. & Sanders, Tom & Jinks, Clare & Dziedzic, Krysia
- 110-118 Gender, acculturation, and smoking behavior among U.S. Asian and Latino immigrants
by Gorman, Bridget K. & Lariscy, Joseph T. & Kaushik, Charisma
- 119-127 Supporting knowledge translation through collaborative translational research initiatives: ‘Bridging’ versus ‘blurring’ boundary-spanning approaches in the UK CLAHRC initiative
by Evans, Sarah & Scarbrough, Harry
- 128-136 Historical trauma as public narrative: A conceptual review of how history impacts present-day health
by Mohatt, Nathaniel Vincent & Thompson, Azure B. & Thai, Nghi D. & Tebes, Jacob Kraemer
- 137-142 Comparing the effects of defaults in organ donation systems
by van Dalen, Hendrik P. & Henkens, Kène
- 143-150 Challenges of health measurement in studies of health disparities
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Chen, Patricia V.
- 151-158 ‘Safer environment interventions’: A qualitative synthesis of the experiences and perceptions of people who inject drugs
by McNeil, Ryan & Small, Will
- 159-167 The potential consequences of informal interpreting practices for assessment of patients in a South African psychiatric hospital
by Kilian, Sanja & Swartz, Leslie & Dowling, Tessa & Dlali, Mawande & Chiliza, Bonginkosi
- 168-176 Mindfulness meditation: Do-it-yourself medicalization of every moment
by Barker, Kristin K.
- 177-184 Long-term consequences of female genital mutilation in a European context: Self perceived health of FGM women compared to non-FGM women
by Andro, Armelle & Cambois, Emmanuelle & Lesclingand, Marie
- 185-193 Women's empowerment and generalized anxiety in Minya, Egypt
by Yount, Kathryn M. & Dijkerman, Sally & Zureick-Brown, Sarah & VanderEnde, Kristin E.
- 194-203 Valuing patients' experiences of healthcare processes: Towards broader applications of existing methods
by Ryan, Mandy & Kinghorn, Philip & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Francis, Jill J.
- 204-213 Barriers in access to healthcare in countries with different health systems. A cross-sectional study in municipalities of central Colombia and north-eastern Brazil
by Garcia-Subirats, Irene & Vargas, Ingrid & Mogollón-Pérez, Amparo Susana & De Paepe, Pierre & da Silva, Maria Rejane Ferreira & Unger, Jean Pierre & Vázquez, María Luisa
- 214-220 Sites of institutional racism in public health policy making in New Zealand
by Came, Heather
- 221-228 Victory for volunteerism? Scottish health board elections and participation in the welfare state
by Greer, Scott L. & Stewart, Ellen A. & Wilson, Iain & Donnelly, Peter D.
2014, Volume 105, Issue C
- 1-8 Cultural targeting and tailoring of shared decision making technology: A theoretical framework for improving the effectiveness of patient decision aids in culturally diverse groups
by Alden, Dana L. & Friend, John & Schapira, Marilyn & Stiggelbout, Anne
- 9-15 Neighbourhood social capital as a moderator between individual cognitions and sports behaviour among Dutch adolescents
by Prins, R.G. & Beenackers, M.A. & Boog, M.C. & Van Lenthe, F.J. & Brug, J. & Oenema, A.
- 16-21 Livestock production, animal source food intake, and young child growth: The role of gender for ensuring nutrition impacts
by Jin, Minchao & Iannotti, Lora L.
- 22-29 Reflections on informed choice in resource-poor settings: The case of infant feeding counselling in PMTCT programmes in Tanzania
by Våga, Bodil Bø & Moland, Karen Marie & Evjen-Olsen, Bjørg & Blystad, Astrid
- 30-37 Social capital, ideology, and health in the United States
by Herian, Mitchel N. & Tay, Louis & Hamm, Joseph A. & Diener, Ed
- 38-46 Do Sector Wide Approaches for health aid delivery lead to ‘donor-flight’? A comparison of 46 low-income countries
by Sweeney, Rohan & Mortimer, Duncan & Johnston, David W.
- 47-58 Social capital, mental health and biomarkers in Chile: Assessing the effects of social capital in a middle-income country
by Riumallo-Herl, Carlos Javier & Kawachi, Ichiro & Avendano, Mauricio
- 59-66 Hospitals as a ‘risk environment’: An ethno-epidemiological study of voluntary and involuntary discharge from hospital against medical advice among people who inject drugs
by McNeil, Ryan & Small, Will & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 67-75 Childhood peer status and the clustering of social, economic, and health-related circumstances in adulthood
by Almquist, Ylva B. & Brännström, Lars
- 76-83 “But we're not hypochondriacs”: The changing shape of gluten-free dieting and the contested illness experience
by Moore, Lauren Renée
- 84-92 Educated mothers, healthy infants. The impact of a school reform on the birth weight of Norwegian infants 1967–2005
by Grytten, Jostein & Skau, Irene & Sørensen, Rune J.
- 93-102 Using decision mapping to inform the development of a stated choice survey to elicit youth preferences for sexual and reproductive health and HIV services in rural Malawi
by Michaels-Igbokwe, Christine & Lagarde, Mylene & Cairns, John & Terris-Prestholt, Fern
- 103-111 Human rights violations and smoking status among South African adults enrolled in the South Africa Stress and Health (SASH) study
by Dutra, Lauren M. & Williams, David R. & Gupta, Jhumka & Kawachi, Ichiro & Okechukwu, Cassandra A.
- 112-121 The health financing transition: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence
by Fan, Victoria Y. & Savedoff, William D.
- 122-130 Childhood trauma and metabolic syndrome in men and women
by Lee, Chioun & Tsenkova, Vera & Carr, Deborah
- 131-139 Why are educated adults slim—Causation or selection?
by von Hippel, Paul T. & Lynch, Jamie L.
- 140-148 The effect of financial incentives on chlamydia testing rates: Evidence from a randomized experiment
by Dolan, Paul & Rudisill, Caroline
2014, Volume 104, Issue C
- 1-5 Term limits and the tobacco industry
by Apollonio, Dorie E. & Glantz, Stanton A. & Bero, Lisa A.
- 6-14 “I didn't think I could get out of the fucking park.” Gay men's retrospective accounts of neighborhood space, emerging sexuality and migrations
by Frye, Victoria & Egan, James E. & Tieu, Hong Van & Cerdá, Magdalena & Ompad, Danielle & Koblin, Beryl A.
- 15-22 Childhood family psychosocial environment and carotid intima media thickness: The CARDIA study
by Loucks, Eric B. & Taylor, Shelley E. & Polak, Joseph F. & Wilhelm, Aude & Kalra, Preety & Matthews, Karen A.
- 23-30 Relationships between the perceived neighborhood social environment and walking for transportation among older adults
by Van Cauwenberg, Jelle & De Donder, Liesbeth & Clarys, Peter & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Buffel, Tine & De Witte, Nico & Dury, Sarah & Verté, Dominique & Deforche, Benedicte
- 31-40 Comparing tailored and narrative worksite interventions at increasing colonoscopy adherence in adults 50–75: A randomized controlled trial
by Jensen, Jakob D. & King, Andy J. & Carcioppolo, Nick & Krakow, Melinda & Samadder, N. Jewel & Morgan, Susan
- 42-47 Of kin and kidneys: Do kinship networks contribute to racial disparities in living donor kidney transplantation?
by Daw, Jonathan
- 48-55 Fast, cheap, and out of control? Speculations and ethical concerns in the conduct of outsourced clinical trials in India
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 56-63 Why don't clinicians adhere more consistently to guidelines for the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI)?
by Lange, Siri & Mwisongo, Aziza & Mæstad, Ottar
- 64-73 The pathways from perceived discrimination to self-rated health: An investigation of the roles of distrust, social capital, and health behaviors
by Chen, Danhong & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 74-79 Food and nutrition security public initiatives from a human and socioeconomic development perspective: Mapping experiences within the 1996 World Food Summit signatories
by Aliaga, Marie Agnès & Chaves-Dos-Santos, Sandra Maria
- 80-87 Rewarding altruism: Addressing the issue of payments for volunteers in public health initiatives
by South, Jane & Purcell, Martin E. & Branney, Peter & Gamsu, Mark & White, Judy
- 88-97 How is post-industrial decline associated with the geography of physical activity? Evidence from the Health Survey for England
by Rind, Esther & Jones, Andy & Southall, Humphrey
- 98-106 What determines providers' stated preference for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria?
by Mangham-Jefferies, Lindsay & Hanson, Kara & Mbacham, Wilfred & Onwujekwe, Obinna & Wiseman, Virginia
- 107-115 Youth physical activity and the neighbourhood environment: Examining correlates and the role of neighbourhood definition
by van Loon, Josh & Frank, Lawrence D. & Nettlefold, Lindsay & Naylor, Patti-Jean
- 116-123 Constructing a trial as a personal lifestyle change project: Participants' experiences in a clinical study for nicotine vaccination
by Wolters, Anna & de Wert, Guido & van Schayck, Onno & Horstman, Klasien
- 124-132 Adolescents' perceptions of health from disadvantaged urban communities: Findings from the WAVE study
by Mmari, Kristin & Blum, Robert & Sonenstein, Freya & Marshall, Beth & Brahmbhatt, Heena & Venables, Emily & Delany-Moretlwe, Sinead & Lou, Chaohua & Gao, Ershang & Acharya, Rajib & Jejeebhoy, Shireen & Sangowawa, Adesola
- 133-141 Does childhood misfortune raise the risk of acute myocardial infarction in adulthood?
by Morton, Patricia M. & Mustillo, Sarah A. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 142-147 Contextual determinants of US nursing home racial/ethnic diversity
by Davis, Jullet A. & Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Lapane, Kate L. & Laberge, Alex
- 148-156 The role of social capital in African–American women's use of mammography
by Dean, Lorraine & Subramanian, S.V. & Williams, David R. & Armstrong, Katrina & Charles, Camille Zubrinsky & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 157-162 Institutional ethical review and ethnographic research involving injection drug users: A case study
by Small, Will & Maher, Lisa & Kerr, Thomas
- 163-177 Racial disparities in self-rated health: Trends, explanatory factors, and the changing role of socio-demographics
by Beck, Audrey N. & Finch, Brian K. & Lin, Shih-Fan & Hummer, Robert A. & Masters, Ryan K.
- 178-186 Talking with text: Communication in therapist-led, live chat cancer support groups
by Stephen, Joanne & Collie, Kate & McLeod, Deborah & Rojubally, Adina & Fergus, Karen & Speca, Michael & Turner, Jill & Taylor-Brown, Jill & Sellick, Scott & Burrus, Kimberly & Elramly, Mai
- 187-193 Macroeconomic fluctuations and motorcycle fatalities in the U.S
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin
- 194-200 Parenting with bipolar disorder: Coping with risk of mood disorders to children
by Peay, Holly Landrum & Rosenstein, Donald L. & Biesecker, Barbara Bowles
- 201-209 Health inequalities in Japan: The role of material, psychosocial, social relational and behavioural factors
by Hiyoshi, Ayako & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Shipley, Martin J. & Brunner, Eric J.
- 210-219 Choose and Book: A sociological analysis of ‘resistance’ to an expert system
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Stones, Rob & Swinglehurst, Deborah
- 220-227 Violence as a public health problem: An ecological study of 169 countries
by Wolf, Achim & Gray, Ron & Fazel, Seena
2014, Volume 103, Issue C
- 7-14 Systemic racism and U.S. health care
by Feagin, Joe & Bennefield, Zinobia
- 15-23 Stigma, status, and population health
by Phelan, Jo C. & Lucas, Jeffrey W. & Ridgeway, Cecilia L. & Taylor, Catherine J.
- 24-32 Stigma power
by Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo
- 33-41 Structural stigma and all-cause mortality in sexual minority populations
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Bellatorre, Anna & Lee, Yeonjin & Finch, Brian K. & Muennig, Peter & Fiscella, Kevin
- 42-50 Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States
by Lukachko, Alicia & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Keyes, Katherine M.
- 51-59 Physiological stress response to loss of social influence and threats to masculinity
by Taylor, Catherine J.
- 60-66 Public attitudes regarding individual and structural discrimination: Two sides of the same coin?
by Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Matschinger, Herbert & Link, Bruce G. & Schomerus, Georg
- 67-75 The influence of structural stigma and rejection sensitivity on young sexual minority men's daily tobacco and alcohol use
by Pachankis, John E. & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Starks, Tyrel J.
- 76-83 Pathologizing poverty: New forms of diagnosis, disability, and structural stigma under welfare reform
by Hansen, Helena & Bourgois, Philippe & Drucker, Ernest
- 84-93 “What matters most:” A cultural mechanism moderating structural vulnerability and moral experience of mental illness stigma
by Yang, Lawrence H. & Chen, Fang-pei & Sia, Kathleen Janel & Lam, Jonathan & Lam, Katherine & Ngo, Hong & Lee, Sing & Kleinman, Arthur & Good, Byron
- 94-100 Self-regulatory processes underlying structural stigma and health
by Richman, Laura Smart & Lattanner, Micah R.
- 101-109 Intervening within and across levels: A multilevel approach to stigma and public health
by Cook, Jonathan E. & Purdie-Vaughns, Valerie & Meyer, Ilan H. & Busch, Justin T.A.
- 110-117 Competing perspectives on erasing the stigma of illness: What says the dodo bird?
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Fong, Mandy W.M.
- 118-125 HIV prevention interventions to reduce sexual risk for African Americans: The influence of community-level stigma and psychological processes
by Reid, Allecia E. & Dovidio, John F. & Ballester, Estrellita & Johnson, Blair T.
- 126-133 Structural competency: Theorizing a new medical engagement with stigma and inequality
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Hansen, Helena
2014, Volume 102, Issue C
- 1-9 Do flexible alcohol trading hours reduce violence? A theory-based natural experiment in alcohol policy
by Humphreys, David K. & Eisner, Manuel P.
- 10-17 Mobilising “vulnerability” in the public health response to pandemic influenza
by Stephenson, Niamh & Davis, Mark & Flowers, Paul & MacGregor, Casimir & Waller, Emily
- 18-25 The spread of ‘Post Abortion Syndrome’ as social diagnosis
by Kelly, Kimberly
- 26-32 Perceived Organizational Justice in Care Services: Creation and multi-sample validation of a measure
by Pérez-Arechaederra, Diana & Briones, Elena & Lind, Allan & García-Ortiz, Luis
- 33-40 Socioeconomic status and the incidence of child injuries in China
by Fang, Xiangming & Jing, Ruiwei & Zeng, Guang & Linnan, Huan Wan & Zhu, Xu & Linnan, Michael
- 41-48 Healthy migrant and salmon bias hypotheses: A study of health and internal migration in China
by Lu, Yao & Qin, Lijian
- 49-57 Treatment seeking and health financing in selected poor urban neighbourhoods in India, Indonesia and Thailand
by Seeberg, Jens & Pannarunothai, Supasit & Padmawati, Retna Siwi & Trisnantoro, Laksono & Barua, Nupur & Pandav, Chandrakant S.
- 58-68 Health capabilities and diabetes self-management: The impact of economic, social, and cultural resources
by Weaver, Robert R. & Lemonde, Manon & Payman, Naghmeh & Goodman, William M.
- 69-73 Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis
by Levaggi, Rosella
- 74-82 Caregiving intensity and retirement status in Canada
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Laporte, Audrey & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Coyte, Peter C.
- 83-93 Quality of life instruments for economic evaluations in health and social care for older people: A systematic review
by Makai, Peter & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Stolk, Elly A. & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 94-102 The interaction of family background and personal education on depressive symptoms in later life
by Schaan, Barbara
- 103-110 Can mobile phones help control neglected tropical diseases? Experiences from Tanzania
by Madon, Shirin & Amaguru, Jackline Olanya & Malecela, Mwele Ntuli & Michael, Edwin
- 111-118 Informal caregivers' hopes and expectations of a referral to a memory clinic
by Morgan, Debra G. & Walls-Ingram, Sheena & Cammer, Allison & O'Connell, Megan E. & Crossley, Margaret & Bello-Haas, Vanina Dal & Forbes, Dorothy & Innes, Anthea & Kirk, Andrew & Stewart, Norma
- 119-128 Selling patients and other metaphors: A discourse analysis of the interpretive frames that shape emergency department admission handoffs
by Hilligoss, Brian
- 129-137 Does change in the neighborhood environment prevent obesity in older women?
by Michael, Yvonne L. & Nagel, Corey L. & Gold, Rachel & Hillier, Teresa A.
- 138-145 Governing healthcare: Finding meaning in a clinical practice guideline for the management of non-specific low back pain
by Wilson, Nicky & Pope, Catherine & Roberts, Lisa & Crouch, Robert
- 146-156 “She mixes her business”: HIV transmission and acquisition risks among female migrants in western Kenya
by Camlin, Carol S. & Kwena, Zachary A. & Dworkin, Shari L. & Cohen, Craig R. & Bukusi, Elizabeth A.
- 157-164 Implications for alcohol minimum unit pricing advocacy: What can we learn for public health from UK newsprint coverage of key claim-makers in the policy debate?
by Hilton, Shona & Wood, Karen & Patterson, Chris & Katikireddi, Srinivasa Vittal
- 165-173 Understanding motives for intravaginal practices amongst Tanzanian and Ugandan women at high risk of HIV infection: The embodiment of social and cultural norms and well-being
by Lees, Shelley & Zalwango, Flavia & Andrew, Bahati & Vandepitte, Judith & Seeley, Janet & Hayes, Richard J. & Francis, Suzanna C.
- 174-182 Income inequality and sexually transmitted in the United States: Who bears the burden?
by Harling, Guy & Subramanian, S.V. & Bärnighausen, Till & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 183-189 Assessing the population-level impact of vouchers on access to health facility delivery for women in Kenya
by Obare, Francis & Warren, Charlotte & Abuya, Timothy & Askew, Ian & Bellows, Ben
- 190-200 Health sector priority setting at meso-level in lower and middle income countries: Lessons learned, available options and suggested steps
by Hipgrave, David B. & Alderman, Katarzyna Bolsewicz & Anderson, Ian & Soto, Eliana Jimenez
2014, Volume 101, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of belonging to an alcohol-proscribing religious group on the relationship between moderate alcohol consumption and mortality
by Hayward, R. David & Krause, Neal
- 9-17 Social capital and chronic post-traumatic stress disorder among survivors of the 2007 earthquake in Pisco, Peru
by Flores, Elaine C. & Carnero, Andres M. & Bayer, Angela M.
- 18-27 Can social capital help explain enrolment (or lack thereof) in community-based health insurance? Results of an exploratory mixed methods study from Senegal
by Mladovsky, Philipa & Soors, Werner & Ndiaye, Pascal & Ndiaye, Alfred & Criel, Bart
- 28-35 Effect of the Crisis Assistance Program on poverty transition for seriously ill people in South Korea: A quasi-experimental study
by Kim, Chang-O & Joung, Won Oh
- 36-46 Social inequality in infant mortality: What explains variation across low and middle income countries?
by Hajizadeh, Mohammad & Nandi, Arijit & Heymann, Jody
- 47-51 The failure of financial incentive? The seemingly inexorable rise of cesarean section
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Bradley & Lin, Chung-Liang
- 52-60 Socioeconomic inequalities in health after age 50: Are health risk behaviors to blame?
by Shaw, Benjamin A. & McGeever, Kelly & Vasquez, Elizabeth & Agahi, Neda & Fors, Stefan
- 61-69 Public social monitoring reports and their effect on a policy programme aimed at addressing the social determinants of health to improve health equity in New Zealand
by Pega, Frank & Valentine, Nicole B. & Matheson, Don & Rasanathan, Kumanan
- 70-77 National electronic health records and the digital disruption of moral orders
by Garrety, Karin & McLoughlin, Ian & Wilson, Rob & Zelle, Gregor & Martin, Mike
- 78-85 Against all odds? Understanding the emergence of accreditation of the Danish hospitals
by Triantafillou, Peter
- 86-93 Discussing dying in the diaspora: Attitudes towards advance care planning among first generation Dutch and Italian migrants in rural Australia
by Sinclair, Craig & Smith, Jessica & Toussaint, Yann & Auret, Kirsten
- 94-106 Do post-migration perceptions of social mobility matter for Latino immigrant health?
by Alcántara, Carmela & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 107-112 Teaching hospital performance: Towards a community of shared values?
by Mauro, Marianna & Cardamone, Emma & Cavallaro, Giusy & Minvielle, Etienne & Rania, Francesco & Sicotte, Claude & Trotta, Annarita
- 113-119 Exerting control and adapting to loss in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
by Foley, Geraldine & Timonen, Virpi & Hardiman, Orla
- 120-128 Creating the ‘dis-ease’ of high cholesterol: A sociology of diagnosis reception analysis
by Jovanovic, Maja
- 129-138 The long lasting effects of education on old age health: Evidence of gender differences
by Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 139-147 From sickness to badness: The criminalization of HIV in Michigan
by Hoppe, Trevor
- 148-154 Short and long term improvements in quality of chronic care delivery predict program sustainability
by Cramm, Jane Murray & Nieboer, Anna Petra
- 155-165 The pharmaceuticalization of sexual risk: Vaccine development and the new politics of cancer prevention
by Mamo, Laura & Epstein, Steven
- 166-173 Death of a child and parental wellbeing in old age: Evidence from Taiwan
by Lee, Chioun & Glei, Dana A. & Weinstein, Maxine & Goldman, Noreen
2014, Volume 100, Issue C
- 1-11 The effect of children on depression in old age
by Kruk, Kai Eberhard & Reinhold, Steffen
- 12-20 Subjective financial well-being, income and health inequalities in mid and later life in Britain
by Arber, Sara & Fenn, Kirsty & Meadows, Robert
- 21-29 Physicians' perceptions of autonomy across practice types: Is autonomy in solo practice a myth?
by Lin, Katherine Y.
- 30-37 Child passenger safety laws in the United States, 1978–2010: Policy diffusion in the absence of strong federal intervention
by Bae, Jin Yung & Anderson, Evan & Silver, Diana & Macinko, James
- 38-45 Labor migration, externalities and ethics: Theorizing the meso-level determinants of HIV vulnerability
by Hirsch, Jennifer S.
- 46-53 Political contexts and maternal health policy: Insights from a comparison of south Indian states
by Smith, Stephanie L.
- 54-61 A fundamental cause approach to the study of disparities in lung cancer and pancreatic cancer mortality in the United States
by Rubin, Marcie S. & Clouston, Sean & Link, Bruce G.
- 62-71 The risk of unintended pregnancy among young women with mental health symptoms
by Hall, Kelli Stidham & Kusunoki, Yasamin & Gatny, Heather & Barber, Jennifer
- 72-83 Health sector demand-side financial incentives in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review on demand- and supply-side effects
by Gopalan, Saji S. & Mutasa, Ronald & Friedman, Jed & Das, Ashis
- 84-92 Household income and health problems during a period of labour-market change and widening income inequalities – A study among the Finnish population between 1987 and 2007
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 93-98 Exploring personal interests of physicians in hospitals and specialty clinics
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 99-106 Exploring the migration decisions of health workers and trainees from Africa: A meta-ethnographic synthesis
by Blacklock, C. & Ward, A.M. & Heneghan, C. & Thompson, M.
- 107-114 The effect of asset-based wealth inequality on problem drinking among rural Thai elders: A prospective population-based cohort study
by Jirapramukpitak, Tawanchai & Abas, Melanie & Tangchonlatip, Kanchana & Punpuing, Sureeporn
- 115-122 The effect of unpaid caregiving intensity on labour force participation: Results from a multinomial endogenous treatment model
by Nguyen, Ha Trong & Connelly, Luke Brian
- 123-132 Process evaluation of a problem solving intervention to prevent recurrent sickness absence in workers with common mental disorders
by Arends, Iris & Bültmann, Ute & Nielsen, Karina & van Rhenen, Willem & de Boer, Michiel R. & van der Klink, Jac J.L.
- 133-140 Cannabis careers revisited: Applying Howard S. Becker's theory to present-day cannabis use
by Järvinen, Margaretha & Ravn, Signe
- 141-147 Cognitive social capital and mental illness during economic crisis: A nationwide population-based study in Greece
by Economou, Marina & Madianos, Michael & Peppou, Lily Evangelia & Souliotis, Kyriakos & Patelakis, Athanasios & Stefanis, Costas
- 148-158 Modernization is associated with intensive breastfeeding patterns in the Bolivian Amazon
by Veile, Amanda & Martin, Melanie & McAllister, Lisa & Gurven, Michael
- 159-166 Medicalizing to demedicalize: Lactation consultants and the (de)medicalization of breastfeeding
by Torres, Jennifer M.C.
- 167-175 Social relationships and healthful dietary behaviour: Evidence from over-50s in the EPIC cohort, UK
by Conklin, Annalijn I. & Forouhi, Nita G. & Surtees, Paul & Khaw, Kay-Tee & Wareham, Nicholas J. & Monsivais, Pablo
2013, Volume 99, Issue C
- 1-8 Neighbourhood amenities and health: Examining the significance of a local park
by Plane, Jocelyn & Klodawsky, Fran
- 9-17 Political, cultural and economic foundations of primary care in Europe
by Kringos, Dionne S. & Boerma, Wienke G.W. & van der Zee, Jouke & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 18-26 Perceptions of susceptibility to pregnancy among U.S. women obtaining abortions
by Frohwirth, Lori & Moore, Ann M. & Maniaci, Renata
- 27-34 Subjective well-being and the measurement of quality in healthcare
by Lee, Henry & Vlaev, Ivo & King, Dominic & Mayer, Erik & Darzi, Ara & Dolan, Paul
- 35-41 Stakeholder perceptions of thoracic rapid tissue donation: An exploratory study
by McIntyre, Jessica & Pratt, Christie & Pentz, Rebecca D. & Haura, Eric B. & Quinn, Gwendolyn P.
- 42-48 Prospective study on the reciprocal relationship between intimate partner violence and depression among women in Korea
by Kim, Jinseok & Lee, Joohee
- 49-55 “I was pretty sure I had the 'flu”: Qualitative description of confirmed-influenza symptoms
by Jutel, Annemarie & Banister, Elizabeth
- 56-63 Neighborhood Hispanic composition and depressive symptoms among Mexican-descent residents of Texas City, Texas
by Shell, Alyssa Marie & Peek, M. Kristen & Eschbach, Karl
- 64-71 Making families: Organizational boundary work in US egg and sperm donation
by Johnson, Katherine M.
- 72-79 A matter of perception: Exploring the role of income satisfaction in the income–mortality relationship in German survey data 1995–2010
by Miething, Alexander
- 80-88 Between surveillance and subjectification: Professionals and the governance of quality and patient safety in English hospitals
by Martin, Graham P. & Leslie, Myles & Minion, Joel & Willars, Janet & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 89-101 “I'm thrilled that you see that”: Guiding parents to see success in interactions with children with deafness and autistic spectrum disorder
by Pilnick, Alison & James, Deborah
- 102-109 Dealing with moral dilemma raised by adaptive preferences in health technology assessment: The example of growth hormones and bilateral cochlear implants
by Thébaut, Clémence
- 110-115 Online and in-person health-seeking for infertility
by Slauson-Blevins, Kathleen S. & McQuillan, Julia & Greil, Arthur L.
- 119-126 A case for critical ethnography
by Fassin, Didier
- 127-134 On sitting and doing: Ethnography as action in global health
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 135-142 India's “tryst” with universal health coverage: Reflections on ethnography in Indian health policymaking
by Nambiar, Devaki
- 143-152 Revolution as a care plan: Ethnography, nursing and somatic solidarity in Honduras
by Pine, Adrienne
- 153-161 “Is it worth risking your life?”: Ethnography, risk and death on the U.S.–Mexico border
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 162-168 The pill hustle: Risky pain management for a gunshot victim
by Lee, Jooyoung
- 169-175 Health discourse and within-group stigma in professional BDSM
by Lindemann, Danielle J.
- 176-186 The good-enough science-and-politics of anthropological collaboration with evidence-based clinical research: Four ethnographic case studies
by Messac, Luke & Ciccarone, Dan & Draine, Jeffrey & Bourgois, Philippe
- 187-193 Entangled ethnography: Imagining a future for young adults with learning disabilities
by Ginsburg, Faye & Rapp, Rayna
- 194-200 Weighing the evidence: Risks and benefits of participatory documentary in corporatized clinics
by Hansen, Helena
- 201-204 The murky middle ground – When ethnographers engage public health
by Hopper, Kim
2013, Volume 98, Issue C
- 1-7 Concurrent trajectories of BMI and mental health patterns in emerging adulthood
by Mumford, Elizabeth A. & Liu, Weiwei & Hair, Elizabeth C. & Yu, Tzy-Chyi
- 8-17 Immigrant health, place effect and regional disparities in Canada
by Wang, Lu & Hu, Wei
- 18-23 Finding the right interactional temperature: Do colder patients need more warmth in physician communication style?
by Cousin, Gaëtan & Schmid Mast, Marianne & Jaunin-Stalder, Nicole
- 24-28 Cross-national differences in the gender gap in subjective health in Europe: Does country-level gender equality matter?
by Dahlin, Johanna & Härkönen, Juho
- 29-36 Elective surgical patients' narratives of hospitalization: The co-construction of safety
by Doherty, Carole & Saunders, Mark N.K.
- 37-45 Metropolitan residential segregation and very preterm birth among African American and Mexican-origin women
by Britton, Marcus L. & Shin, Heeju
- 46-53 Does corruption undermine trust in health care? Results from public opinion polls in Croatia
by Radin, Dagmar
- 54-62 Effects of education on cognition at older ages: Evidence from China's Great Famine
by Huang, Wei & Zhou, Yi
- 63-70 Spousal influence on mammography screening: A life course perspective
by Missinne, Sarah & Colman, Elien & Bracke, Piet
- 71-78 Village characteristics and health of rural Chinese older adults: Examining the CHARLS Pilot Study of a rich and poor province
by Yeatts, Dale E. & Pei, Xiaomei & Cready, Cynthia M. & Shen, Yuying & Luo, Hao & Tan, Junxin
- 79-86 An exploratory study of knowledge brokering in hospital settings: Facilitating knowledge sharing and learning for patient safety?
by Waring, Justin & Currie, Graeme & Crompton, Amanda & Bishop, Simon
- 87-94 Service provision for autism in mainland China: Preliminary mapping of service pathways
by Sun, Xiang & Allison, Carrie & Auyeung, Bonnie & Matthews, Fiona E. & Baron-Cohen, Simon & Brayne, Carol
- 95-105 Technology identity: The role of sociotechnical representations in the adoption of medical devices
by Ulucanlar, S. & Faulkner, A. & Peirce, S. & Elwyn, G.
- 106-115 A mixed-method study of expert psychological evidence submitted for a cohort of asylum seekers undergoing refugee status determination in Australia
by Tay, Kuowei & Frommer, Naomi & Hunter, Jill & Silove, Derrick & Pearson, Linda & San Roque, Mehera & Redman, Ronnit & Bryant, Richard A. & Manicavasagar, Vijaya & Steel, Zachary
- 116-124 Does loneliness mediate the relation between social support and cognitive functioning in later life?
by Ellwardt, Lea & Aartsen, Marja & Deeg, Dorly & Steverink, Nardi
- 125-134 Social norms and attitudes linked to waterpipe use in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
by Afifi, Rima & Khalil, Joanna & Fouad, Fouad & Hammal, Fadi & Jarallah, Yara & Abu Farhat, Hala & Ayad, Maha & Nakkash, Rima
- 135-140 Caregiving appraisal in schizophrenia: A study from India
by Kate, Natasha & Grover, Sandeep & Kulhara, Parmanand & Nehra, Ritu
- 141-148 Moral mediation in interpreted health care consultations
by Seale, Clive & Rivas, Carol & Al-Sarraj, Hela & Webb, Sarah & Kelly, Moira
- 149-153 An assessment of economic measures used in menorrhagia: A systematic review
by Sanghera, Sabina & Frew, Emma & Kai, Joe & Gupta, Janesh & Elizabeth Roberts, Tracy
- 154-161 Inequalities in Croatian pupils' risk behaviors associated to socioeconomic environment at school and area level: A multilevel approach
by Pavic Simetin, Ivana & Kern, Josipa & Kuzman, Marina & Pförtner, Timo-Kolja
- 162-168 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA) to set priorities: Reflections from a qualitative assessment in an English Primary Care Trust
by Goodwin, Elizabeth & Frew, Emma J.
- 169-178 Brain drain: Do economic conditions “push” doctors out of developing countries?
by Okeke, Edward N.
- 179-186 Social group memberships protect against future depression, alleviate depression symptoms and prevent depression relapse
by Cruwys, Tegan & Dingle, Genevieve A. & Haslam, Catherine & Haslam, S. Alexander & Jetten, Jolanda & Morton, Thomas A.
- 187-196 Operationalising the capability approach for outcome measurement in mental health research
by Simon, Judit & Anand, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Rugkåsa, Jorun & Yeeles, Ksenija & Burns, Tom
- 197-203 The impacts of marriage, cohabitation and dating relationships on weekly self-reported physical activity in Germany: A 19-year longitudinal study
by Rapp, Ingmar & Schneider, Björn
- 204-213 Potential effectiveness of anti-smoking advertisement types in ten low and middle income countries: Do demographics, smoking characteristics and cultural differences matter?
by Durkin, Sarah & Bayly, Megan & Cotter, Trish & Mullin, Sandra & Wakefield, Melanie
- 214-223 The effects of information, social and financial incentives on voluntary undirected blood donations: Evidence from a field experiment in Argentina
by Iajya, Victor & Lacetera, Nicola & Macis, Mario & Slonim, Robert
- 224-231 Ethics is for human subjects too: Participant perspectives on responsibility in health research
by Cox, Susan M. & McDonald, Michael
- 232-238 “Differently normal” and “normally different”: Negotiations of female embodiment in women's accounts of ‘atypical’ sex development
by Guntram, Lisa
- 239-246 The relationship between three stages of job change and long-term sickness absence
by Bernstrøm, Vilde Hoff
- 247-252 Do bonding and bridging social capital affect self-rated health, depressive mood and cognitive decline in older Japanese? A prospective cohort study
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Nishi, Mariko & Matsuo, Eri & Nofuji, Yu & Shimizu, Yumiko & Taniguchi, Yu & Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Shinkai, Shoji
- 253-259 Tobacco Road Finland – How did an accepted pleasure turn into an avoidable risk behaviour?
by Hakkarainen, Pekka
- 264-270 From bioethics to a sociology of bio-knowledge
by Petersen, Alan
- 271-277 Bioethics and religious bodies: Refusal of blood transfusions in Germany
by Rajtar, Małgorzata
- 278-285 Ethics and images of suffering bodies in humanitarian medicine
by Calain, Philippe
- 286-292 Bioethical ambition, political opportunity and the European governance of patenting: The case of human embryonic stem cell science
by Salter, Brian & Salter, Charlotte
- 293-300 From global bioethics to ethical governance of biomedical research collaborations
by Wahlberg, Ayo & Rehmann-Sutter, Christoph & Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret & Lu, Guangxiu & Döring, Ole & Cong, Yali & Laska-Formejster, Alicja & He, Jing & Chen, Haidan & Gottweis, Herbert & Rose, Nikolas
- 301-310 Resisting the seduction of “ethics creep”: Using Foucault to surface complexity and contradiction in research ethics review
by Guta, Adrian & Nixon, Stephanie A. & Wilson, Michael G.
- 311-318 Ethical review: Standardizing procedures and local shaping of ethical review practices
by Jaspers, Patricia & Houtepen, Rob & Horstman, Klasien
- 319-329 How organizational context affects bioethical decision-making: Pharmacists' management of gatekeeping processes in retail and hospital settings
by Chiarello, Elizabeth
- 330-339 Bioethics in practice: Addressing ethically sensitive requests in a Dutch fertility clinic
by Gerrits, Trudie & Reis, Ria & Braat, Didi, D.M. & Kremer, Jan, A.M. & Hardon, Anita, P.
- 340-344 Bioethics and power: Informed consent procedures in post-socialist Latvia
by Putniņa, Aivita
- 345-350 Human embryonic stem cell science and policy: The case of Iran
by Saniei, Mansooreh
- 351-360 ‘Give us the full story’: Overcoming the challenges to achieving informed choice about fetal anomaly screening in Australian Aboriginal communities
by Wild, Kayli & Maypilama, Elaine Lawurrpa & Kildea, Sue & Boyle, Jacqueline & Barclay, Lesley & Rumbold, Alice
- 361-370 Experiencing everyday ethics in context: Frontline data collectors perspectives and practices of bioethics
by Kingori, Patricia
- 371-378 ‘Wicked’ ethics: Compliance work and the practice of ethics in HIV research
by Heimer, Carol A.
2013, Volume 97, Issue C
- 1-6 The impact of different prioritisation policies on waiting times: Case studies of Norway and Scotland
by Januleviciute, Jurgita & Askildsen, Jan Erik & Kaarboe, Oddvar & Holmås, Tor Helge & Sutton, Matt
- 7-14 Race, life course socioeconomic position, racial discrimination, depressive symptoms and self-rated health
by Hudson, Darrell L. & Puterman, Eli & Bibbins-Domingo, Kirsten & Matthews, Karen A. & Adler, Nancy E.
- 15-19 Child health security in China: A survey of child health insurance coverage in diverse areas of the country
by Xiong, Juyang & Hipgrave, David & Myklebust, Karoline & Guo, Sufang & Scherpbier, Robert W. & Tong, Xuetao & Yao, Lan & Moran, Andrew E.
- 20-28 Aboriginal Australians' experience of social capital and its relevance to health and wellbeing in urban settings
by Browne-Yung, Kathryn & Ziersch, Anna & Baum, Fran & Gallaher, Gilbert
- 29-40 The effect of marriage and HIV risks on condom use acceptability in rural Malawi
by Anglewicz, Philip & Clark, Shelley
- 41-48 Efficacy of text messaging-based interventions for health promotion: A meta-analysis
by Head, Katharine J. & Noar, Seth M. & Iannarino, Nicholas T. & Grant Harrington, Nancy
- 49-55 Perceived neighborhood social cohesion and stroke
by Kim, Eric S. & Park, Nansook & Peterson, Christopher
- 56-65 Exploring the health consequences of majority–minority neighborhoods: Minority diversity and birthweight among native-born and foreign-born blacks
by Vang, Zoua M. & Elo, Irma T.
- 66-74 The socioeconomic health gradient across the life cycle: What role for selective mortality and institutionalization?
by Baeten, Steef & Van Ourti, Tom & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 75-81 Shame as a barrier to health seeking among indigenous Huichol migrant labourers: An interpretive approach of the “violence continuum” and “authoritative knowledge”
by Gamlin, Jennie B.
- 82-86 The acceptability and feasibility of task-sharing for mental healthcare in low and middle income countries: A systematic review
by Padmanathan, Prianka & De Silva, Mary J.
- 87-94 Planning safer suburbs: Do changes in the built environment influence residents' perceptions of crime risk?
by Foster, Sarah & Wood, Lisa & Christian, Hayley & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 95-103 Neighbourhood socioeconomic status and individual lung cancer risk: Evaluating long-term exposure measures and mediating mechanisms
by Hystad, Perry & Carpiano, Richard M. & Demers, Paul A. & Johnson, Kenneth C. & Brauer, Michael
- 104-111 Spaces for smoking in a psychiatric hospital: Social capital, resistance to control, and significance for ‘therapeutic landscapes’
by Wood, Victoria J. & Curtis, Sarah E. & Gesler, Wil & Spencer, Ian H. & Close, Helen J. & Mason, James M. & Reilly, Joe G.
- 112-123 What constitutes a health-enabling neighborhood? A grounded theory situational analysis addressing the significance of social capital and gender
by Eriksson, Malin & Emmelin, Maria
- 124-133 Child marriage prevention in Amhara Region, Ethiopia: Association of communication exposure and social influence with parents/guardians' knowledge and attitudes
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 134-142 Variation in the interpretation of scientific integrity in community-based participatory health research
by Kraemer Diaz, Anne E. & Spears Johnson, Chaya R. & Arcury, Thomas A.
- 143-151 Exploring substance use normalization among adolescents: A multilevel study in 35 countries
by Sznitman, Sharon R. & Kolobov, Tanya & Bogt, Tom ter & Kuntsche, Emmanuel & Walsh, Sophie D. & Boniel-Nissim, Meyran & Harel-Fisch, Yossi
- 152-160 Mothers' reading skills and child survival in Nigeria: Examining the relevance of mothers' decision-making power
by Smith-Greenaway, Emily
- 161-169 The influence of parental monitoring and parent–adolescent communication on Bahamian adolescent risk involvement: A three-year longitudinal examination
by Wang, Bo & Stanton, Bonita & Li, Xiaoming & Cottrell, Lesley & Deveaux, Lynette & Kaljee, Linda
- 170-175 Individual and hospital-specific factors influencing medical graduates' time to medical specialization
by Johannessen, Karl-Arne & Hagen, Terje P.
- 176-191 Negotiating last-minute concerns in closing Korean medical encounters: The use of gaze, body and talk
by Park, Yujong
- 192-200 Healthcare provider views on the health effects of biomass fuel collection and use in rural Eastern Cape, South Africa: An ethnographic study
by Matinga, Margaret Njirambo & Annegarn, Harold J. & Clancy, Joy S.
- 201-209 Compassionate containment? Balancing technical safety and therapy in the design of psychiatric wards
by Curtis, Sarah & Gesler, Wilbert & Wood, Victoria & Spencer, Ian & Mason, James & Close, Helen & Reilly, Joseph
- 210-219 The seven Cs of the high acceptability of home-based VCT: Results from a mixed methods approach in Zambia
by Jürgensen, Marte & Sandøy, Ingvild F. & Michelo, Charles & Fylkesnes, Knut & Mwangala, Sheila & Blystad, Astrid
- 220-227 Protecting the public or setting the bar too high? Understanding the causes and consequences of regulatory actions of front-line regulators and specialized drug shop operators in Kenya
by Wafula, Francis & Molyneux, Catherine & Mackintosh, Maureen & Goodman, Catherine
- 228-237 Effectiveness and equity impacts of town-wide cycling initiatives in England: A longitudinal, controlled natural experimental study
by Goodman, Anna & Panter, Jenna & Sharp, Stephen J. & Ogilvie, David
- 241-249 Subsidized childcare and child development in Colombia: Effects of Hogares Comunitarios de Bienestar as a function of timing and length of exposure
by Bernal, Raquel & Fernández, Camila
- 250-258 Effectiveness of a parenting program in Bangladesh to address early childhood health, growth and development
by Aboud, Frances E. & Singla, Daisy R. & Nahil, Md Imam & Borisova, Ivelina
- 259-266 Malnutrition in early life and adult mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Huang, Cheng & Phillips, Michael R. & Zhang, Yali & Zhang, Jingxuan & Shi, Qichang & Song, Zhiqiang & Ding, Zhijie & Pang, Shutao & Martorell, Reynaldo
- 267-277 Physical growth and cognitive skills in early-life: Evidence from a nationally representative US birth cohort
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 278-287 Periods of child growth up to age 8 years in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam: Key distal household and community factors
by Schott, Whitney B. & Crookston, Benjamin T. & Lundeen, Elizabeth A. & Stein, Aryeh D. & Behrman, Jere R.
- 288-296 The critical period of infant feeding for the development of early disparities in obesity
by Thompson, Amanda L. & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 297-306 Media representations of early human development: Protecting, feeding and loving the developing brain
by O'Connor, Cliodhna & Joffe, Helene
- 307-315 Screening for developmental disabilities in developing countries
by Bornstein, Marc H. & Hendricks, Charlene
- 316-324 Estimating the critical and sensitive periods of investment in early childhood: A methodological note
by Popli, Gurleen & Gladwell, Daniel & Tsuchiya, Aki
2013, Volume 96, Issue C
- 1-8 Intelligent policy making? Key actors' perspectives on the development and implementation of an early years' initiative in Scotland's public health arena
by Deas, L. & Mattu, L. & Gnich, W.
- 9-16 Disembodied abilities: Sick role and participation in ‘activating’ return-to-work practices
by van Hal, Lineke & Meershoek, Agnes & Nijhuis, Frans & Horstman, Klasien
- 17-23 A cluster analytic examination of acculturation and health status among Asian Americans in the Washington DC metropolitan area, United States
by Lee, Sunmin & Chen, Lu & He, Xin & Miller, Matthew J. & Juon, Hee-Soon
- 24-32 Social valorisation of stoutness as a determinant of obesity in the context of nutritional transition in Cameroon: The Bamiléké case
by Cohen, E. & Boetsch, G. & Palstra, F.P. & Pasquet, P.
- 33-44 Getting doctors into the bush: General Practitioners' preferences for rural location
by Scott, Anthony & Witt, Julia & Humphreys, John & Joyce, Catherine & Kalb, Guyonne & Jeon, Sung-Hee & McGrail, Matthew
- 45-51 A test of the substitution hypothesis: An analysis of urban and rural trends in solid/liquid poisoning suicides in Taiwan
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Kwok, Chi-Leung & Yip, Paul S.F. & Wu, Kevin Chien-Chang
- 52-59 Discretion or discretions? Delineating professional discretion: The case of English medical practice
by Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Calnan, Michael
- 60-68 A geographical perspective on access to sexual and reproductive health care for women in rural Africa
by Yao, Jing & Murray, Alan T. & Agadjanian, Victor
- 69-77 How teams use indicators for quality improvement – A multiple-case study on the use of multiple indicators in multidisciplinary breast cancer teams
by Gort, Marjan & Broekhuis, Manda & Regts, Gerdien
- 78-85 Personal identity and the role of ‘carer’ among relatives and friends of people with multiple sclerosis
by Hughes, Nic & Locock, Louise & Ziebland, Sue
- 86-94 A systematic review and meta-analysis of antecedents of blood donation behavior and intentions
by Bednall, Timothy C. & Bove, Liliana L. & Cheetham, Ali & Murray, Andrea L.
- 95-103 Biogenetic explanations and stigma: A meta-analytic review of associations among laypeople
by Kvaale, Erlend P. & Gottdiener, William H. & Haslam, Nick
- 104-111 Making information ‘relevant’: General Practitioner judgments and the production of patient involvement
by Clinch, Megan & Benson, John
- 112-120 Early supplementary feeding among central African foragers and farmers: A biocultural approach
by Meehan, Courtney L. & Roulette, Jennifer W.
- 121-128 Biomedicalization and the public sphere: Newspaper coverage of health and medicine, 1960s–2000s
by Hallin, Daniel C. & Brandt, Marisa & Briggs, Charles L.
- 129-137 The effect of physical activity on long-term income
by Hyytinen, Ari & Lahtonen, Jukka
- 138-146 Parents' and professionals' perceptions of family-centered care for children with autism spectrum disorder across service sectors
by Hodgetts, Sandra & Nicholas, David & Zwaigenbaum, Lonnie & McConnell, David
- 147-153 The evolving concept of “patient-centeredness” in patient–physician communication research
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Hashimoto, Hideki & Kiuchi, Takahiro
- 154-164 Effects of an HIV peer prevention intervention on sexual and injecting risk behaviors among injecting drug users and their risk partners in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam: A randomized controlled trial
by Go, Vivian F. & Frangakis, Constantine & Le Minh, Nguyen & Latkin, Carl A. & Ha, Tran Viet & Mo, Tran Thi & Sripaipan, Teerada & Davis, Wendy & Zelaya, Carla & Vu, Pham The & Chen, Yong & Celentano, David D. & Quan, Vu Minh
- 165-173 The impact of psychological trauma on wages in post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Searing, Elizabeth A.M. & Rios-Avila, Fernando & Lecy, Jesse D.
- 174-182 Neighborhood cohesion and daily well-being: Results from a diary study
by Robinette, Jennifer W. & Charles, Susan T. & Mogle, Jacqueline A. & Almeida, David M.
- 183-191 Dietary inequalities of mother–child pairs in the rural Amazon: Evidence of maternal-child buffering?
by Piperata, Barbara A. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Hadley, Craig & Ritchie-Ewing, Genevieve
- 192-199 Managing misaligned paternity findings in research including sickle cell disease screening in Kenya: ‘Consulting communities’ to inform policy
by Marsh, Vicki & Kombe, Francis & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Molyneux, Sassy & Parker, Michael
- 200-207 Specificity of early movie effects on adolescent sexual behavior and alcohol use
by O'Hara, Ross E. & Gibbons, Frederick X. & Li, Zhigang & Gerrard, Meg & Sargent, James D.
- 208-213 Advancing our understanding of sibling supervision and injury risk for young children
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & Schell, Stacey L. & Keleher, Bethany
- 216-222 Building institutions for health and health systems in contexts of rapid change
by Bloom, Gerald & Wolcott, Sara
- 223-231 Strengthening institutional and organizational capacity for social health protection of the informal sector in lesser-developed countries: A study of policy barriers and opportunities in Cambodia
by Annear, Peter Leslie & Ahmed, Shakil & Ros, Chhun Eang & Ir, Por
- 232-240 The promises and perils of hospital autonomy
by London, Jonathan D.
- 241-249 Strengthening district health service management and delivery through internal contracting: Lessons from pilot projects in Cambodia
by Khim, Keovathanak & Annear, Peter Leslie
- 250-257 Institutional design and organizational practice for universal coverage in lesser-developed countries: Challenges facing the Lao PDR
by Ahmed, Shakil & Annear, Peter Leslie & Phonvisay, Bouaphat & Phommavong, Chansaly & Cruz, Valeria de Oliveira & Hammerich, Asmus & Jacobs, Bart
- 258-263 Financial burden of household out-of pocket health expenditure in Viet Nam: Findings from the National Living Standard Survey 2002–2010
by Van Minh, Hoang & Kim Phuong, Nguyen Thi & Saksena, Priyanka & James, Chris D. & Xu, Ke
- 264-271 Social health insurance for the poor: Targeting and impact of Indonesia's Askeskin programme
by Sparrow, Robert & Suryahadi, Asep & Widyanti, Wenefrida
- 272-276 Willingness to pay for voluntary community-based health insurance: Findings from an exploratory study in the state of Penang, Malaysia
by Shafie, A.A. & Hassali, M.A.
- 277-284 Consumer choice among Mutual Healthcare Purchasers: A feasible option for China?
by Xu, Weiwei & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 285-289 Scaling-up the medical workforce in Timor-Leste: Challenges of a great leap forward
by Cabral, Jorge & Dussault, Gilles & Buchan, James & Ferrinho, Paulo
- 290-296 Medical professionalism among clinical physicians in two tertiary hospitals, China
by Chen, Jing & Xu, Juan & Zhang, Chunmei & Fu, Xinqiao
- 297-304 Unfree markets: Socially embedded informal health providers in northern Karnataka, India
by George, Asha & Iyer, Aditi
2013, Volume 95, Issue C
- 6-15 Child health in the United States: Recent trends in racial/ethnic disparities
by Mehta, Neil K. & Lee, Hedwig & Ylitalo, Kelly R.
- 16-23 Family structure and child anemia in Mexico
by Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 24-33 Going beyond the surface: Gendered intra-household bargaining as a social determinant of child health and nutrition in low and middle income countries
by Richards, Esther & Theobald, Sally & George, Asha & Kim, Julia C. & Rudert, Christiane & Jehan, Kate & Tolhurst, Rachel
- 34-42 Perceived instrumental support and children's health across the early life course
by Turney, Kristin
- 43-51 Social networks of experientially similar others: Formation, activation, and consequences of network ties on the health care experience
by Gage, Elizabeth A.
- 52-59 Parental employment and children's body weight: Mothers, others, and mechanisms
by Ziol-Guest, Kathleen M. & Dunifon, Rachel E. & Kalil, Ariel
- 60-68 Trajectories of growth in body mass index across childhood: Associations with maternal and paternal employment
by Morrissey, Taryn W.
- 69-76 Chaos as a social determinant of child health: Reciprocal associations?
by Kamp Dush, Claire M. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Taylor, Miles
- 77-86 Turbulent times: Effects of turbulence and violence exposure in adolescence on high school completion, health risk behavior, and mental health in young adulthood
by Boynton-Jarrett, Renée & Hair, Elizabeth & Zuckerman, Barry
- 87-96 Spatial clusters of autism births and diagnoses point to contextual drivers of increased prevalence
by Mazumdar, Soumya & Winter, Alix & Liu, Ka-Yuet & Bearman, Peter
- 97-105 Neighborhood context and racial/ethnic differences in young children's obesity: Structural barriers to interventions
by Kimbro, Rachel Tolbert & Denney, Justin T.
- 106-114 Disentangling neighborhood contextual associations with child body mass index, diet, and physical activity: The role of built, socioeconomic, and social environments
by Carroll-Scott, Amy & Gilstad-Hayden, Kathryn & Rosenthal, Lisa & Peters, Susan M. & McCaslin, Catherine & Joyce, Rebecca & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 115-127 A systematic review of studies examining the relationship between reported racism and health and wellbeing for children and young people
by Priest, Naomi & Paradies, Yin & Trenerry, Brigid & Truong, Mandy & Karlsen, Saffron & Kelly, Yvonne
- 128-132 Prenatal attitudes and parity predict selection into a U.S. child health program: A short report
by Martin-Anderson, Sarah
2013, Volume 94, Issue C
- 1-8 Educational differences in disability-free life expectancy: a comparative study of long-standing activity limitation in eight European countries
by Mäki, Netta & Martikainen, Pekka & Eikemo, Terje & Menvielle, Gwenn & Lundberg, Olle & Östergren, Olof & Jasilionis, Domantas & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 9-16 Social exclusion, deprivation and child health: a spatial analysis of ambulatory care sensitive conditions in children aged 0–4 years in Victoria, Australia
by Butler, Danielle C. & Thurecht, Linc & Brown, Laurie & Konings, Paul
- 17-25 Gender, family status and physician labour supply
by Wang, Chao & Sweetman, Arthur
- 26-33 Streetscape greenery and health: Stress, social cohesion and physical activity as mediators
by de Vries, Sjerp & van Dillen, Sonja M.E. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter
- 34-42 From altruism to monetisation: Australian women's ideas about money, ethics and research eggs
by Waldby, Catherine & Kerridge, Ian & Boulos, Margaret & Carroll, Katherine
- 43-55 Do slums matter? Location and early childhood preventive care choices among urban residents of Bangladesh
by Heller, Lauren R.
- 56-62 Prioritizing treatment of rare diseases: A survey of preferences of Norwegian doctors
by Desser, Arna S.
- 63-70 Interacting institutional logics in general dental practice
by Harris, Rebecca & Holt, Robin
- 71-80 Divorce and changes in the prevalence of psychotropic medication use: A register-based longitudinal study among middle-aged Finns
by Metsä-Simola, Niina & Martikainen, Pekka
- 83-90 Does social participation improve self-rated health in the older population? A quasi-experimental intervention study
by Ichida, Yukinobu & Hirai, Hiroshi & Kondo, Katsunori & Kawachi, Ichiro & Takeda, Tokunori & Endo, Hideki
- 91-97 Housing affordability and mental health: Does the relationship differ for renters and home purchasers?
by Mason, Kate E. & Baker, Emma & Blakely, Tony & Bentley, Rebecca J.
- 98-105 Signalling, status and inequities in maternal healthcare use in Punjab, Pakistan
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Levay, Adrienne & Bhatti, Afshan & Salway, Sarah
- 106-114 “And I look down and he is gone”: Narrating autism, elopement and wandering in Los Angeles
by Solomon, Olga & Lawlor, Mary C.
2013, Volume 93, Issue C
- 1-10 Women's autonomy and husbands' involvement in maternal health care in Nepal
by Thapa, Deependra Kaji & Niehof, Anke
- 11-20 Exercise, physical activity, and exertion over the business cycle
by Colman, Gregory & Dave, Dhaval
- 21-28 Assessing health system performance: A model-based approach
by Gerring, John & Thacker, Strom C. & Enikolopov, Ruben & Arévalo, Julián & Maguire, Matthew
- 29-37 Intergenerational and socioeconomic gradients of child obesity
by Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan
- 38-46 Realizing good care within a context of cross-cultural diversity: An ethical guideline for healthcare organizations in Flanders, Belgium
by Denier, Yvonne & Gastmans, Chris
- 47-54 Competing and coexisting logics in the changing field of English general medical practice
by McDonald, Ruth & Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Bayes, Sara & Morriss, Richard & Kai, Joe
- 55-63 Tensions around risks in pregnancy: A typology of women's experiences of surveillance medicine
by Hammer, Raphaël P. & Burton-Jeangros, Claudine
- 64-69 Drug use among sex workers in Hungary
by Móró, Levente & Simon, Katalin & Sárosi, Péter
- 70-77 Influence of neighbourhood ethnic density, diet and physical activity on ethnic differences in weight status: A study of 214,807 adults in Australia
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Feng, Xiaoqi & Croteau, Karen & Kolt, Gregory S.
- 78-85 Health workers' perceptions of access to care for children and pregnant women with precarious immigration status: Health as a right or a privilege?
by Vanthuyne, Karine & Meloni, Francesca & Ruiz-Casares, Monica & Rousseau, Cécile & Ricard-Guay, Alexandra
- 86-94 What matters to older people with assisted living needs? A phenomenological analysis of the use and non-use of telehealth and telecare
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Wherton, Joe & Sugarhood, Paul & Hinder, Sue & Procter, Rob & Stones, Rob
- 95-102 From laboratories to chambers of parliament and beyond: Producing bioethics in France and Romania
by Bretonnière, Sandrine
- 103-112 Health-related effects of welfare-to-work policies
by Ayala, Luis & Rodríguez, Magdalena
- 113-120 Cultural health capital and the interactional dynamics of patient-centered care
by Dubbin, Leslie A. & Chang, Jamie Suki & Shim, Janet K.
- 121-129 Rural-to-urban migrant adolescents in Guangzhou, China: Psychological health, victimization, and local and trans-local ties
by Cheung, Nicole W.T.
- 130-138 Trading off dietary choices, physical exercise and cardiovascular disease risks
by Grisolía, José M. & Longo, Alberto & Boeri, Marco & Hutchinson, George & Kee, Frank
- 139-146 Socioeconomic status, John Henryism and blood pressure among African-Americans in the Jackson Heart Study
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & James, Sherman A. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Sarpong, Daniel & Sims, Mario & Taylor, Herman A. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 147-154 Travel time to maternity care and its effect on utilization in rural Ghana: A multilevel analysis
by Masters, Samuel H. & Burstein, Roy & Amofah, George & Abaogye, Patrick & Kumar, Santosh & Hanlon, Michael
- 155-162 The role of under-employment and unemployment in recent birth cohort effects in Australian suicide
by Page, Andrew & Milner, Allison & Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard
- 166-175 Democratization and life expectancy in Europe, 1960–2008
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Hu, Yannan & Looman, Caspar W.N.
- 185-193 What are the components of complex interventions in healthcare? Theorizing approaches to parts, powers and the whole intervention
by Clark, Alexander M.
- 194-202 How complexity science can inform scale-up and spread in health care: Understanding the role of self-organization in variation across local contexts
by Lanham, Holly Jordan & Leykum, Luci K. & Taylor, Barbara S. & McCannon, C. Joseph & Lindberg, Curt & Lester, Richard T.
- 203-211 Innovation as emergence in healthcare: Unpacking change from within
by Essén, Anna & Lindblad, Staffan
- 212-219 Connections and consequences in complex systems: Insights from a case study of the emergence and local impact of crisis resolution and home treatment services
by Hannigan, Ben
- 220-228 Essential drugs policy in three rural counties in China: What does a complexity lens add?
by Xiao, Yue & Zhao, Kun & Bishai, David M. & Peters, David H.
- 229-237 Using complexity theory to analyse the organisational response to resurgent tuberculosis across London
by Trenholm, Susan & Ferlie, Ewan
- 238-246 Unraveling the complexities of disaster management: A framework for critical social infrastructure to promote population health and resilience
by O'Sullivan, Tracey L. & Kuziemsky, Craig E. & Toal-Sullivan, Darene & Corneil, Wayne
- 247-255 Modelling the social determinants of health and simulating short-term and long-term intervention impacts for the city of Toronto, Canada
by Mahamoud, Aziza & Roche, Brenda & Homer, Jack
2013, Volume 92, Issue C
- 1-8 Immigrant enclaves and obesity in preschool-aged children in Los Angeles County
by Nobari, Tabashir Z. & Wang, May-Choo & Chaparro, M. Pia & Crespi, Catherine M. & Koleilat, Maria & Whaley, Shannon E.
- 9-21 Conceptualising and measuring the well-being of people with psychosis: Systematic review and narrative synthesis
by Schrank, Beate & Bird, Victoria & Tylee, Andre & Coggins, Tony & Rashid, Tayyab & Slade, Mike
- 22-26 Socioeconomic differences in purchases of more vs. less healthy foods and beverages: Analysis of over 25,000 British households in 2010
by Pechey, Rachel & Jebb, Susan A. & Kelly, Michael P. & Almiron-Roig, Eva & Conde, Susana & Nakamura, Ryota & Shemilt, Ian & Suhrcke, Marc & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 27-34 AIDS treatment and mental health: Evidence from Uganda
by Okeke, Edward N. & Wagner, Glenn J.
- 35-42 Associations of occupational attributes and excessive drinking
by Barnes, Andrew J. & Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 43-52 “So they believe that if the baby is sick you must give drugs…” The importance of medicines in health-seeking behaviour for childhood illnesses in urban South Africa
by Friend-du Preez, Natalie & Cameron, Noël & Griffiths, Paula
- 53-60 Precursors to overnutrition: The effects of household market food expenditures on measures of body composition among Tsimane' adults in lowland Bolivia
by Rosinger, Asher & Tanner, Susan & Leonard, William R.
- 61-73 Health, policy and geography: Insights from a multi-level modelling approach
by Castelli, Adriana & Jacobs, Rowena & Goddard, Maria & Smith, Peter C.
- 74-82 Realising the transformative potential of healthcare partnerships: Insights from divergent literatures and contrasting cases in high- and low-income country contexts
by Aveling, Emma-Louise & Martin, Graham
- 83-91 Rethinking gender and mental health: A critical analysis of three propositions
by Hill, Terrence D. & Needham, Belinda L.
- 92-104 Estimating a WTP-based value of a QALY: The ‘chained’ approach
by Robinson, Angela & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Bacon, Philomena & Baker, Rachel & Pennington, Mark & Donaldson, Cam
- 105-113 Health consequences of the ‘Great Recession’ on the employed: Evidence from an industrial cohort in aluminum manufacturing
by Modrek, Sepideh & Cullen, Mark R.
- 114-123 Worker health is good for the economy: Union density and psychosocial safety climate as determinants of country differences in worker health and productivity in 31 European countries
by Dollard, Maureen F. & Neser, Daniel Y.
- 124-131 Accounting for fetal death: Vital statistics and the medicalization of pregnancy in the United States
by Fordyce, Lauren
2013, Volume 91, Issue C
- 1-9 Mother's social capital and child health in Indonesia
by Sujarwoto, Sujarwoto & Tampubolon, Gindo
- 10-14 How do you measure trust in the health system? A systematic review of the literature
by Ozawa, Sachiko & Sripad, Pooja
- 15-24 “Safe Going”: The influence of crime rates and perceived crime and safety on walking in deprived neighbourhoods
by Mason, Phil & Kearns, Ade & Livingston, Mark
- 25-31 Absolute and relative family affluence and psychosomatic symptoms in adolescents
by Elgar, Frank J. & De Clercq, Bart & Schnohr, Christina W. & Bird, Phillippa & Pickett, Kate E. & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Hofmann, Felix & Currie, Candace
- 32-38 Does inappropriate selectivity in information use relate to diagnostic errors and patient harm? The diagnosis of patients with dyspnea
by Zwaan, Laura & Thijs, Abel & Wagner, Cordula & Timmermans, Daniëlle R.M.
- 39-47 Perceived organizational justice as a predictor of long-term sickness absence due to diagnosed mental disorders: Results from the prospective longitudinal Finnish Public Sector Study
by Elovainio, Marko & Linna, Anne & Virtanen, Marianna & Oksanen, Tuula & Kivimäki, Mika & Pentti, Jaana & Vahtera, Jussi
- 48-57 The role of social geography on Lady Health Workers' mobility and effectiveness in Pakistan
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Salway, Sarah & Nykiforuk, Candace & Bhatti, Afshan & Ataullahjan, Anushka & Ayyalasomayajula, Bharati
- 58-66 Investigating the relationship between neighborhood poverty and mortality risk: A marginal structural modeling approach
by Do, D. Phuong & Wang, Lu & Elliott, Michael R.
- 67-75 Physical and emotional well-being and the balance of needed and received emotional support: Age differences in a daily diary study
by Wolff, Julia K. & Schmiedek, Florian & Brose, Annette & Lindenberger, Ulman
- 76-83 Criminal victimisation and health: Examining the relation in nine countries of the former Soviet Union
by Stickley, Andrew & Koyanagi, Ai & Roberts, Bayard & Rotman, David & McKee, Martin
- 84-93 A randomized controlled trial of combined exercise and psycho-education for low-SES women: Short- and long-term outcomes in the reduction of stress and depressive symptoms
by van der Waerden, Judith E.B. & Hoefnagels, Cees & Hosman, Clemens M.H. & Souren, Pierre M. & Jansen, Maria W.J.
- 94-100 The high price of debt: Household financial debt and its impact on mental and physical health
by Sweet, Elizabeth & Nandi, Arijit & Adam, Emma K. & McDade, Thomas W.
- 105-109 Using autoethnography to reclaim the ‘place of healing’ in mental health care
by Liggins, J. & Kearns, R.A. & Adams, P.J.
- 110-121 Creation of synthetic homogeneous neighbourhoods using zone design algorithms to explore relationships between asthma and deprivation in Strasbourg, France
by Sabel, C.E. & Kihal, W. & Bard, D. & Weber, C.
- 122-129 Creating ‘therapeutic landscapes’ for mental health carers in inpatient settings: A dynamic perspective on permeability and inclusivity
by Wood, Victoria J. & Curtis, Sarah E. & Gesler, Wil & Spencer, Ian H. & Close, Helen J. & Mason, James & Reilly, Joe G.
- 130-134 Is physical activity in natural environments better for mental health than physical activity in other environments?
by Mitchell, Richard
- 135-140 Woodland as working space: Where is the restorative green idyll?
by Bingley, Amanda
- 141-152 Reprint of: “I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
by Völker, Sebastian & Kistemann, Thomas
- 153-161 Youth, alcohol and place-based leisure behaviours: A study of two locations in England
by Townshend, Tim G.
- 162-167 The spatial and temporal development of binge drinking in England 2001–2009: An observational study
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham
- 168-177 Neighbourhood deprivation and adolescent self-esteem: Exploration of the ‘socio-economic equalisation in youth’ hypothesis in Britain and Canada
by Fagg, James H. & Curtis, Sarah E. & Cummins, Steven & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 178-185 Seasonal and locational variations in children's play: Implications for wellbeing
by Ergler, Christina R. & Kearns, Robin A. & Witten, Karen
- 186-193 The emotional overlay: Older person and carer perspectives on negotiating aging and care in rural Ontario
by Herron, Rachel V. & Skinner, Mark W.
- 194-201 The weather-stains of care: Interpreting the meaning of bad weather for front-line health care workers in rural long-term care
by Joseph, Gillian M. & Skinner, Mark W. & Yantzi, Nicole M.
- 202-209 Entitlement to concessionary public transport and wellbeing: A qualitative study of young people and older citizens in London, UK
by Jones, Alasdair & Goodman, Anna & Roberts, Helen & Steinbach, Rebecca & Green, Judith
- 210-218 Right to a healthy city? Examining the relationship between urban space and health inequity by Aboriginal youth artist-activists in Winnipeg
by Skinner, Emily & Masuda, Jeffrey R.
- 219-228 Aboriginal urbanization and rights in Canada: Examining implications for health
by Senese, Laura C. & Wilson, Kathi
- 229-237 Defying the odds: A mixed-methods study of health resilience in deprived areas of England
by Cairns-Nagi, Joanne Marie & Bambra, Clare
- 238-245 Deprived yet healthy: Neighbourhood-level resilience in New Zealand
by Pearson, Amber L. & Pearce, Jamie & Kingham, Simon
- 246-255 Expert knowledge sourcing for public health surveillance: National tsetse mapping in Uganda
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Garton, Kelly
2013, Volume 90, Issue C
- 1-10 Health insurance coverage within sibships: Prevalence of mixed coverage and associations with health care utilization
by Percheski, Christine & Bzostek, Sharon
- 11-23 A spatial analysis of community disadvantage and access to healthcare services in the U.S
by Archibald, Matthew E. & Putnam Rankin, Caddie
- 24-31 Socioeconomic inequalities and mental health problems in children and adolescents: A systematic review
by Reiss, Franziska
- 32-39 How healthcare provider talk with parents of children following severe traumatic brain injury is perceived in early acute care
by Roscigno, Cecelia I. & Savage, Teresa A. & Grant, Gerald & Philipsen, Gerry
- 40-48 Contextual factors and weight change over time: A comparison between U.S. Hispanics and other population sub-groups
by Ullmann, S. Heidi & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R.
- 49-55 Parsing the peanut panic: The social life of a contested food allergy epidemic
by Waggoner, Miranda R.
- 56-62 ‘It can do no harm’: Body maintenance and modification in alternative medicine acknowledged as a non risk health regimen
by Pedersen, Inge Kryger
- 63-71 “Your body is your business card”: Bodily capital and health authority in the fitness industry
by Hutson, David J.
2013, Volume 89, Issue C
- 1-7 Estimating the causal effect of alcohol consumption on well-being for a cross-section of 9 former Soviet Union countries
by Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & Murphy, Adrianna & McKee, Martin
- 8-15 Predictors of health behaviors after the economic downturn: A longitudinal study
by Macy, Jonathan T. & Chassin, Laurie & Presson, Clark C.
- 16-24 Race, gender, class, sexuality (RGCS) and hypertension
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 25-31 Horizontal equity and efficiency at primary health care facilities in rural Afghanistan: A seemingly unrelated regression approach
by Johns, Benjamin & Steinhardt, Laura & Walker, Damian G. & Peters, David H. & Bishai, David
- 32-38 Racial disparities in travel time to radiotherapy facilities in the Atlanta metropolitan area
by Peipins, Lucy A. & Graham, Shannon & Young, Randall & Lewis, Brian & Flanagan, Barry
- 39-44 The association between relative deprivation and self-rated health, depressive symptoms, and smoking behavior in Taiwan
by Kuo, Chun-Tung & Chiang, Tung-liang
- 45-52 Dividuality, masculine respectability and reputation: How masculinity affects men's uptake of HIV treatment in rural eastern Uganda
by Siu, Godfrey E. & Seeley, Janet & Wight, Daniel
- 53-61 Higher-status occupations and breast cancer: A life-course stress approach
by Pudrovska, Tetyana & Carr, Deborah & McFarland, Michael & Collins, Caitlyn
2013, Volume 88, Issue C
- 1-9 Illicit and prescription drug problems among urban Aboriginal adults in Canada: The role of traditional culture in protection and resilience
by Currie, Cheryl L. & Wild, T. Cameron & Schopflocher, Donald P. & Laing, Lory & Veugelers, Paul
- 10-17 The social and political lives of zoonotic disease models: Narratives, science and policy
by Leach, Melissa & Scoones, Ian
- 18-29 Work-related health risks in Europe: Are older workers more vulnerable?
by Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J. & Staneva, Anita V.
- 30-38 The importance of children's ADHD for parents' relationship stability and labor supply
by Kvist, Anette Primdal & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne
- 39-47 Use of hospital and long-term institutional care services in relation to proximity to death among older people in Finland
by Murphy, Michael & Martikainen, Pekka
- 48-55 The impact of a lay counselor led collaborative care intervention for common mental disorders in public and private primary care: A qualitative evaluation nested in the MANAS trial in Goa, India
by Shinde, Sachin & Andrew, Gracy & Bangash, Omer & Cohen, Alex & Kirkwood, Betty & Patel, Vikram
- 56-67 Culture, threat, and mental illness stigma: Identifying culture-specific threat among Chinese-American groups
by Yang, Lawrence H. & Purdie-Vaughns, Valerie & Kotabe, Hiroki & Link, Bruce G. & Saw, Anne & Wong, Gloria & Phelan, Jo C.
- 68-75 Making space for belonging: Critical reflections on the implementation of personalised adult social care under the veil of meaningful inclusion
by Power, Andrew
- 76-82 Ethnic density and area deprivation: Neighbourhood effects on Māori health and racial discrimination in Aotearoa/New Zealand
by Bécares, Laia & Cormack, Donna & Harris, Ricci
- 83-89 The contribution of attenuated selection in utero to small-for-gestational-age (SGA) among term African American male infants
by Goodman, Julia M. & Karasek, Deborah & Anderson, Elizabeth & Catalano, Ralph A.
- 90-97 Health impacts of pedestrian head-loading: A review of the evidence with particular reference to women and children in sub-Saharan Africa
by Porter, Gina & Hampshire, Kate & Dunn, Christine & Hall, Richard & Levesley, Martin & Burton, Kim & Robson, Steve & Abane, Albert & Blell, Mwenza & Panther, Julia
- 98-107 Is wealthier always healthier in poor countries? The health implications of income, inequality, poverty, and literacy in India
by Rajan, Keertichandra & Kennedy, Jonathan & King, Lawrence
- 108-115 Obesity, school obesity prevalence, and adolescent childbearing among U.S. young women
by Kane, Jennifer B. & Frisco, Michelle L.
2013, Volume 87, Issue C
- 1-8 “Eyes that don't see, heart that doesn't feel”: Coping with sex work in intimate relationships and its implications for HIV/STI prevention
by Syvertsen, Jennifer L. & Robertson, Angela M. & Rolón, María Luisa & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Martinez, Gustavo & Rangel, M. Gudelia & Strathdee, Steffanie A.
- 9-15 Standards and classification: A perspective on the ‘obesity epidemic’
by Nicholls, Stuart G.
- 16-22 How institutional change and individual researchers helped advance clinical guidelines in American health care
by Nigam, Amit
- 23-30 Interactive effects of social support and social conflict on medication adherence in multimorbid older adults
by Warner, Lisa M. & Schüz, Benjamin & Aiken, Leona & Ziegelmann, Jochen P. & Wurm, Susanne & Tesch-Römer, Clemens & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 31-38 The world as the new local clinic: A critical analysis of three discourses of global medical competency
by Martimianakis, Maria Athina (Tina) & Hafferty, Frederic W.
- 39-51 Family structure, victimization, and child mental health in a nationally representative sample
by Turner, Heather A. & Finkelhor, David & Hamby, Sherry L. & Shattuck, Anne
- 52-59 Becoming and remaining community health workers: Perspectives from Ethiopia and Mozambique
by Maes, Kenneth & Kalofonos, Ippolytos
- 60-67 Motivational interviewing within the different stages of change: An analysis of practice nurse-patient consultations aimed at promoting a healthier lifestyle
by Noordman, Janneke & de Vet, Emely & van der Weijden, Trudy & van Dulmen, Sandra
- 68-76 Resisting the colonization of the lifeworld? Immigrant patients' experiences with co-ethnic healthcare workers
by Lo, Ming-Cheng Miriam & Bahar, Roxana
- 77-83 Exploring tuberculosis by types of housing development
by Low, Chien-Tat & Lai, Poh-Chin & Tse, Wing-Sze Cindy & Tsui, Chung-Kan & Lee, Herman & Hui, Pak-Kwan
- 84-92 A new theory-based social classification in Japan and its validation using historically collected information
by Hiyoshi, Ayako & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Shipley, Martin J. & Bartley, Mel & Brunner, Eric J.
- 93-98 The equalisation hypothesis and changes in geographical inequalities of age based mortality in England, 2002–2004 to 2008–2010
by Green, Mark A.
- 99-107 Combining work and family: Rewards or risks for children's mental health?
by Strazdins, Lyndall & OBrien, Léan V. & Lucas, Nina & Rodgers, Bryan
- 108-115 Associations among environmental supports, physical activity, and blood pressure in African-American adults in the PATH trial
by Coulon, Sandra M. & Wilson, Dawn K. & Egan, Brent M.
- 116-122 Can capabilities be self-reported? A think aloud study
by Al-Janabi, Hareth & Keeley, Thomas & Mitchell, Paul & Coast, Joanna
- 123-131 Racial attitudes, physician–patient talk time ratio, and adherence in racially discordant medical interactions
by Hagiwara, Nao & Penner, Louis A. & Gonzalez, Richard & Eggly, Susan & Dovidio, John F. & Gaertner, Samuel L. & West, Tessa & Albrecht, Terrance L.
- 132-137 Smoking initiation, continuation and prevalence in deprived urban areas compared to non-deprived urban areas in The Netherlands
by Kuipers, Mirte A.G. & Wingen, Marleen & Stronks, Karien & Kunst, Anton E.
- 138-146 “Never mind the logic, give me the numbers”: Former Australian health ministers' perspectives on the social determinants of health
by Baum, Frances E. & Laris, Paul & Fisher, Matthew & Newman, Lareen & MacDougall, Colin
- 147-154 The impact of social context on self-management in women living with HIV
by Webel, Allison R. & Cuca, Yvette & Okonsky, Jennifer G. & Asher, Alice K. & Kaihura, Alphoncina & Salata, Robert A.
- 155-167 “I'm afraid I have bad news for you…” Estimating the impact of different health impairments on subjective well-being
by Binder, Martin & Coad, Alex
- 168-175 The uses of ultrasonography in relation to foetal malformations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by Mirlesse, Véronique & Ville, Isabelle
- 185-193 Pathways from parental AIDS to child psychological, educational and sexual risk: Developing an empirically-based interactive theoretical model
by Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark & Boyes, Mark E. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makasi, Daphne & Nikelo, Joy
2013, Volume 86, Issue C
- 1-8 Health consumption as work: The home pregnancy test as a domesticated health tool
by Childerhose, Janet E. & MacDonald, Margaret E.
- 9-16 Strong effects of home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing on acceptance and equity: A cluster randomised trial in Zambia
by Fylkesnes, Knut & Sandøy, Ingvild Fossgard & Jürgensen, Marte & Chipimo, Peter J. & Mwangala, Sheila & Michelo, Charles
- 17-25 Prevalence and predictors of partner violence against women in the aftermath of war: A survey among couples in Northern Uganda
by Saile, Regina & Neuner, Frank & Ertl, Verena & Catani, Claudia
- 26-34 Does antenatal care matter in the use of skilled birth attendance in rural Africa: A multi-country analysis
by Adjiwanou, Vissého & LeGrand, Thomas
- 35-44 Peer effects in adolescent bodyweight: Evidence from rural China
by Loh, Chung-Ping A. & Li, Qiang
- 45-51 Juggling on a rollercoaster? Gains, loss and uncertainties in IVF patients' accounts of volunteering for a U.K. ‘egg sharing for research’ scheme
by Haimes, Erica
- 52-65 Donor conceived offspring conceive of the donor: The relevance of age, awareness, and family form
by Hertz, Rosanna & Nelson, Margaret K. & Kramer, Wendy
- 66-78 Understanding careseeking for child illness in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review and conceptual framework based on qualitative research of household recognition and response to child diarrhoea, pneumonia and malaria
by Colvin, Christopher J. & Smith, Helen J. & Swartz, Alison & Ahs, Jill W. & de Heer, Jodie & Opiyo, Newton & Kim, Julia C. & Marraccini, Toni & George, Asha
- 79-87 Consultation and illness behaviour in response to symptoms: A comparison of models from different disciplinary frameworks and suggestions for future research directions
by Wyke, Sally & Adamson, Joy & Dixon, Diane & Hunt, Kate
- 88-95 Social health insurance without corporate actors: Changes in self-regulation in Germany, Poland and Turkey
by Wendt, Claus & Agartan, Tuba I. & Kaminska, Monika Ewa
- 96-102 Social capital and depressive symptoms: The association of psychosocial and network dimensions of social capital with depressive symptoms in Montreal, Canada
by Bassett, Emma & Moore, Spencer
2013, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-8 Socioeconomic status, health behavior, and leukocyte telomere length in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999–2002
by Needham, Belinda L. & Adler, Nancy & Gregorich, Steven & Rehkopf, David & Lin, Jue & Blackburn, Elizabeth H. & Epel, Elissa S.
- 9-17 ‘Faking til you make it’: Social capital accumulation of individuals on low incomes living in contrasting socio-economic neighbourhoods and its implications for health and wellbeing
by Browne-Yung, Kathryn & Ziersch, Anna & Baum, Fran
- 18-26 The relationship between five different measures of structural social capital, medical examination outcomes, and mortality
by Muennig, Peter & Cohen, Alison K. & Palmer, Aileen & Zhu, Wenyi
- 27-31 Cross-sectional study of ethnic differences in the utility of area deprivation measures to target socioeconomically deprived individuals
by Baker, Jessica & Mitchell, Richard & Pell, Jill
- 32-37 Individual-level social capital and self-rated health in Japan: An application of the Resource Generator
by Kobayashi, Tomoko & Kawachi, Ichiro & Iwase, Toshihide & Suzuki, Etsuji & Takao, Soshi
- 38-42 How effective has the essential health package been in improving priority setting in low income countries?
by Kapiriri, Lydia
- 43-49 Effects of neighborhood violence and perceptions of neighborhood safety on depressive symptoms of older adults
by Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel
- 50-58 Neighborhood disorder and telomeres: Connecting children's exposure to community level stress and cellular response
by Theall, Katherine P. & Brett, Zoë H. & Shirtcliff, Elizabeth A. & Dunn, Erin C. & Drury, Stacy S.
- 59-65 The impacts of health insurance on health care utilization among the older people in China
by Li, Xin & Zhang, Wei
- 66-73 Changing expectations concerning life-extending treatment: The relevance of opportunity cost
by Gill, Betty & Griffin, Barbara & Hesketh, Beryl
- 74-78 How do national guidelines frame clinical ethics practice? A comparative analysis of guidelines from the US, the UK, Canada and France
by Gaucher, Nathalie & Lantos, John & Payot, Antoine
- 79-86 Scientific decision-making and stakeholder consultations: The case of salt recommendations
by Timotijevic, Lada & Barnett, Julie & Brown, Kerry & Raats, Monique M. & Shepherd, Richard
- 87-92 Utilizing community health worker data for program management and evaluation: Systems for data quality assessments and baseline results from Rwanda
by Mitsunaga, Tisha & Hedt-Gauthier, Bethany & Ngizwenayo, Elias & Farmer, Didi Bertrand & Karamaga, Adolphe & Drobac, Peter & Basinga, Paulin & Hirschhorn, Lisa & Ngabo, Fidele & Mugeni, Cathy
- 93-102 Do different types of financial support after illness or injury affect socio-economic outcomes? A natural experiment in New Zealand
by McAllister, Susan & Derrett, Sarah & Audas, Rick & Herbison, Peter & Paul, Charlotte
- 103-111 Misrecognition of need: Women's experiences of and explanations for undergoing cesarean delivery
by Tully, Kristin P. & Ball, Helen L.
2013, Volume 84, Issue C
- 1-12 Health services use and lifestyle choices of Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians
by Whelan, Stephen & Wright, Donald J.
- 13-21 Neighbourhood social capital and adolescent self-reported wellbeing in New Zealand: A multilevel analysis
by Aminzadeh, Kaveh & Denny, Simon & Utter, Jennifer & Milfont, Taciano L. & Ameratunga, Shanthi & Teevale, Tasileta & Clark, Terryann
- 22-29 Managing uncertainty: A grounded theory of stigma in transgender health care encounters
by Poteat, Tonia & German, Danielle & Kerrigan, Deanna
- 30-34 Which doctor for primary health care? Quality of care and non-physician clinicians in India
by Rao, Krishna D. & Sundararaman, T. & Bhatnagar, Aarushi & Gupta, Garima & Kokho, Puni & Jain, Kamlesh
- 35-43 After the death of a friend: Young Men's grief and masculine identities
by Creighton, Genevieve & Oliffe, John L. & Butterwick, Shauna & Saewyc, Elizabeth
- 44-52 Diffusion of community empowerment strategies for Aedes aegypti control in Cuba: A muddling through experience
by Pérez, Dennis & Lefèvre, Pierre & Castro, Marta & Toledo, María Eugenia & Zamora, Gilberto & Bonet, Mariano & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 53-60 Local availability of physicians' services as a tool for implicit risk selection
by Shmueli, Amir & Nissan-Engelcin, Esti
- 61-68 Exploring the relationship between macroeconomic conditions and problem drinking as captured by Google searches in the US
by Frijters, Paul & Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A.
- 69-79 Team-level flexibility, work–home spillover, and health behavior
by Moen, Phyllis & Fan, Wen & Kelly, Erin L.
- 80-93 Time allocation of disabled individuals
by Pagán, Ricardo
- 94-101 Structural vulnerability and access to medical care among migrant street-based male sex workers in Germany
by Castañeda, Heide
- 102-109 The role of provider supply and organization in reducing racial/ethnic disparities in mental health care in the U.S
by Cook, Benjamin Lê & Doksum, Teresa & Chen, Chih-nan & Carle, Adam & Alegría, Margarita
- 110-118 How much should be paid for specialised treatment?
by Daidone, Silvio & Street, Andrew
- 119-128 Paying more for faster care? Individuals' attitude toward price-based priority access in health care
by Benning, Tim M. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C.
- 129-137 Educational inequalities in smoking: The role of initiation versus quitting
by Maralani, Vida
2013, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-9 Pandemic H1N1 in Canada and the use of evidence in developing public health policies – A policy analysis
by Rosella, Laura C. & Wilson, Kumanan & Crowcroft, Natasha S. & Chu, Anna & Upshur, Ross & Willison, Donald & Deeks, Shelley L. & Schwartz, Brian & Tustin, Jordan & Sider, Doug & Goel, Vivek
- 10-18 A difference-in-differences analysis of the effect of free dental check-ups in Scotland
by Ikenwilo, Divine
- 19-26 Taming systems to create enabling environments for HCV treatment: Negotiating trust in the drug and alcohol setting
by Harris, Magdalena & Rhodes, Tim & Martin, Anthea
- 27-33 Visual representation of statistical information improves diagnostic inferences in doctors and their patients
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Hoffrage, Ulrich
- 34-41 An impact evaluation of the Safe Motherhood Promotion Project in Bangladesh: Evidence from Japanese aid-funded technical cooperation
by Kamiya, Yusuke & Yoshimura, Yukie & Islam, Mohammad Tajul
- 42-49 Social deprivation and adverse perinatal outcomes among Western and non-Western pregnant women in a Dutch urban population
by Poeran, Jashvant & Maas, Arno F.G. & Birnie, Erwin & Denktas, Semiha & Steegers, Eric A.P. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 50-60 Social capital and disaster preparedness among low income Mexican Americans in a disaster prone area
by Reininger, Belinda M. & Rahbar, Mohammad H. & Lee, MinJae & Chen, Zhongxue & Alam, Sartaj R. & Pope, Jennifer & Adams, Barbara
- 61-69 Suicide in rural Haiti: Clinical and community perceptions of prevalence, etiology, and prevention
by Hagaman, Ashley K. & Wagenaar, Bradley H. & McLean, Kristen E. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Winskell, Kate & Kohrt, Brandon A.
- 70-80 The effect of adverse information and positive promotion on women's preferences for prescribed contraceptive products
by Knox, Stephanie A. & Viney, Rosalie C. & Gu, Yuanyuan & Hole, Arne R. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Street, Deborah J. & Haas, Marion R. & Weisberg, Edith & Bateson, Deborah
- 81-89 Social disorganization/social fragmentation and risk of depression among older people in Japan: Multilevel investigation of indices of social distance
by Takagi, Daisuke & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Cable, Noriko & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 90-98 ‘Emotional rights’, moral reasoning, and Jewish–Arab alliances in the regulation of in-vitro-fertilization in Israel: Theorizing the unexpected consequences of assisted reproductive technologies
by Gooldin, Sigal
- 99-109 ‘Creating the right therapy vibe’: Relational performances in holistic medicine
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Evans, Joshua & McAlister, Seraphina
- 110-118 Exploration of health risks related to air pollution and temperature in three Latin American cities
by Romero-Lankao, Patricia & Qin, Hua & Borbor-Cordova, Mercy
- 119-124 A large-scale longitudinal study indicating the importance of perceived effectiveness, organizational and management support for innovative culture
by Cramm, Jane M. & Strating, Mathilde M.H. & Bal, Roland & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 125-132 The discovery of deliberation. From ambiguity to appreciation through the learning process of doing Moral Case Deliberation in Dutch elderly care
by van der Dam, Sandra & Schols, Jos M.G.A. & Kardol, Tinie J.M. & Molewijk, Bert C. & Widdershoven, Guy A.M. & Abma, Tineke A.
- 133-141 A health equity critique of social marketing: Where interventions have impact but insufficient reach
by Langford, Rebecca & Panter-Brick, Catherine
2013, Volume 82, Issue C
- 1-9 Revisiting the Hispanic mortality advantage in the United States: The role of smoking
by Fenelon, Andrew
- 10-20 GPs and hospital expenditures. Should we keep expenditure containment programs alive?
by Fiorentini, Gianluca & Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Ugolini, Cristina
- 21-29 Metaphors and myths in pharmaceutical advertising
by Delbaere, Marjorie
- 30-34 Addressing the unequal geographic distribution of specialist doctors in Indonesia: The role of the private sector and effectiveness of current regulations
by Meliala, Andreasta & Hort, Krishna & Trisnantoro, Laksono
- 35-42 Provider and patient influences on the formation of socioeconomic health behavior disparities among pregnant women
by Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 43-50 Bedouin in Lebanon: Social discrimination, political exclusion, and compromised health care
by Chatty, Dawn & Mansour, Nisrine & Yassin, Nasser
- 51-57 Prevalence and severity of intimate partner violence in women living in eight indigenous regions of Mexico
by Valdez-Santiago, Rosario & Híjar, Martha & Rojas Martínez, Rosalba & Ávila Burgos, Leticia & Arenas Monreal, María de la Luz
- 58-66 Subjective socioeconomic status and health: Relationships reconsidered
by Nobles, Jenna & Weintraub, Miranda Ritterman & Adler, Nancy E.
- 67-78 The impact of state-level nutrition-education program funding on BMI: Evidence from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system
by McGeary, Kerry Anne
- 79-86 A mental model of factors associated with subjective life expectancy
by Griffin, Barbara & Loh, Vanessa & Hesketh, Beryl
- 87-99 Geospatial analysis of naturally occurring boundaries in road-transport emissions and children's respiratory health across a demographically diverse cityscape
by Jephcote, Calvin & Chen, Haibo
- 100-107 Bringing politics and evidence together: Policy entrepreneurship and the conception of the At Home/Chez Soi Housing First Initiative for addressing homelessness and mental illness in Canada
by Macnaughton, Eric & Nelson, Geoffrey & Goering, Paula
- 108-114 Determinants of breast cancer screening uptake in women, evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Carney, Patricia & O'Neill, Stephen & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 115-125 Social inequalities in adolescent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination: A test of fundamental cause theory
by Polonijo, Andrea N. & Carpiano, Richard M.
- 126-133 Natural disasters and suicide: Evidence from Japan
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Ueda, Michiko
- 134-146 Political conditions and life expectancy in Europe, 1900–2008
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 147-155 McDonaldization or Commercial Re-stratification: Corporatization and the multimodal organisation of English doctors
by Waring, Justin & Bishop, Simon
- 156-163 Hendra in the news: Public policy meets public morality in times of zoonotic uncertainty
by Degeling, Chris & Kerridge, Ian
2013, Volume 81, Issue C
- 1-9 Do psychosocial factors moderate the association between neighborhood walkability and adolescents' physical activity?
by De Meester, Femke & Van Dyck, Delfien & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Deforche, Benedicte & Cardon, Greet
- 10-17 Where wealth matters more for health: The wealth–health gradient in 16 countries
by Semyonov, Moshe & Lewin-Epstein, Noah & Maskileyson, Dina
- 18-25 Effects of home-based Voluntary Counselling and Testing on HIV-related stigma: Findings from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia
by Jürgensen, Marte & Sandøy, Ingvild Fossgard & Michelo, Charles & Fylkesnes, Knut
- 26-33 Accumulated occupational class and self-rated health. Can information on previous experience of class further our understanding of the social gradient in health?
by Kjellsson, Sara
- 34-41 Putting knowledge to trial: ‘ADHD parents’ and the evaluation of alternative therapeutic regimes
by Edwards, Claire & Howlett, Etaoine
- 42-52 The poorer cancer survival among the unmarried in Norway: Is much explained by comorbidities?
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 53-59 Childhood adversities and subsequent risk of one or multiple abortions
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Tschann, Jeanne M.
- 60-69 Educational inequalities in health in European welfare states: A social expenditure approach
by Dahl, Espen & van der Wel, Kjetil A.
- 70-78 Mental health of Aboriginal children and adolescents in violent school environments: Protective mediators of violence and psychological/nervous disorders
by Kaspar, Violet
- 79-86 Cross-border ties and self-rated health status for young Latino adults in Southern California
by Torres, Jacqueline M.
- 87-93 Social role participation and the life course in healthy adults and individuals with osteoarthritis: Are we overlooking the impact on the middle-aged?
by Gignac, Monique A.M. & Backman, Catherine L. & Davis, Aileen M. & Lacaille, Diane & Cao, Xingshan & Badley, Elizabeth M.
- 94-101 Determinants of changes in income-related health inequalities among working-age adults in Japan, 1986–2007: Time-trend study
by Kachi, Yuko & Inoue, Mariko & Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Yano, Eiji
- 102-109 The fiscal impact of informal caregiving to home care recipients in Canada: How the intensity of care influences costs and benefits to government
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Lilly, Meredith B. & Ng, Carita & Coyte, Peter C.
- 110-114 Mental health of those directly exposed to the World Trade Center disaster: Unmet mental health care need, mental health treatment service use, and quality of life
by Brackbill, Robert M. & Stellman, Steven D. & Perlman, Sharon E. & Walker, Deborah J. & Farfel, Mark R.
- 115-122 The relationships between housing quality and occupant health in Uganda
by Herrin, William E. & Amaral, Michelle M. & Balihuta, Arsene M.
2013, Volume 80, Issue C
- 1-9 Seasonality, disease and behavior: Using multiple methods to explore socio-environmental health risks in the Mekong Delta
by Few, Roger & Lake, Iain & Hunter, Paul R. & Tran, Pham Gia
- 10-18 Achieving and sustaining profound institutional change in healthcare: Case study using neo-institutional theory
by Macfarlane, Fraser & Barton-Sweeney, Cathy & Woodard, Fran & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 19-23 The scarring effect of unemployment throughout adulthood on psychological distress at age 50: Estimates controlling for early adulthood distress and childhood psychological factors
by Daly, M. & Delaney, L.
- 24-30 A paradox in healthcare service development: Professionalization of service users
by El Enany, Nellie & Currie, Graeme & Lockett, Andy
- 31-36 Sheepskin effects of education in the 10-year Framingham risk of coronary heart disease
by Liu, Sze Yan & Buka, Stephen L. & Kubzansky, Laura D. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Gilman, Stephen E. & Loucks, Eric B.
- 37-46 Investigating the affordability of key health services in South Africa
by Cleary, Susan & Birch, Steve & Chimbindi, Natsayi & Silal, Sheetal & McIntyre, Di
- 47-56 Habit, custom, and power: A multi-level theory of population health
by Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 57-66 Changes in income inequality and the health of immigrants
by Hamilton, Tod G. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 67-75 Residential segregation, geographic proximity and type of services used: Evidence for racial/ethnic disparities in mental health
by Dinwiddie, Gniesha Y. & Gaskin, Darrell J. & Chan, Kitty S. & Norrington, Janette & McCleary, Rachel
- 76-84 The social environment and walking behavior among low-income housing residents
by Caspi, Caitlin E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald & Sorensen, Glorian
- 85-95 Migration, environmental hazards, and health outcomes in China
by Chen, Juan & Chen, Shuo & Landry, Pierre F.
- 96-104 The effects of local and non-local traffic on child pedestrian safety: A spatial displacement of risk
by Yiannakoulias, Nikolaos & Scott, Darren M.
- 105-112 ‘We view that as contraceptive failure’: Containing the ‘multiplicity’ of contraception and abortion within Scottish reproductive healthcare
by Beynon-Jones, Siân M.
- 113-120 Compositional and contextual associations of social capital and self-rated health in Seoul, South Korea: A multilevel analysis of longitudinal evidence
by Han, Sehee
- 121-129 The effect of Hurricane Katrina on the prevalence of health impairments and disability among adults in New Orleans: Differences by age, race, and sex
by Sastry, Narayan & Gregory, Jesse
- 130-140 A randomized controlled trial to improve health among women receiving welfare in the U.S.: The relationship between employment outcomes and the economic recession
by Kneipp, Shawn M. & Kairalla, John A. & Sheely, Amanda L.
2013, Volume 79, Issue C
- 7-15 Sociodemographic and cultural determinants of sleep deficiency: Implications for cardiometabolic disease risk
by Knutson, Kristen L.
- 16-22 Perceived neighborhood quality, sleep quality, and health status: Evidence from the Survey of the Health of Wisconsin
by Hale, Lauren & Hill, Terrence D. & Friedman, Elliot & Javier Nieto, F. & Galvao, Loren W. & Engelman, Corinne D. & Malecki, Kristen M.C. & Peppard, Paul E.
- 23-30 Sleeping, dreaming, and health in rural Indonesia and the urban U.S.: A cultural and experiential approach
by Hollan, Douglas
- 31-39 Sleep budgets in a globalizing world: Biocultural interactions influence sleep sufficiency among Egyptian families
by Worthman, Carol M. & Brown, Ryan A.
- 40-47 Medicalisation or customisation? Sleep, enterprise and enhancement in the 24/7 society
by Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M. & Gabe, Jonathan
- 48-56 “Listening for his breath:” The significance of gender and partner reporting on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
by Henry, Doug & Rosenthal, Leon
- 57-65 Unique sleep disorders profile of a population-based sample of 747 Hmong immigrants in Wisconsin
by Young, Eric & Xiong, Se & Finn, Laurel & Young, Terry
- 66-75 Work–family conflicts and subsequent sleep medication among women and men: A longitudinal registry linkage study
by Lallukka, T. & Arber, S. & Laaksonen, M. & Lahelma, E. & Partonen, T. & Rahkonen, O.
- 76-83 “They silently live in terror…” why sleep problems and night-time related quality-of-life are missed in children with a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
by Ipsiroglu, Osman S. & McKellin, William H. & Carey, Norma & Loock, Christine
- 92-100 Nighttime parenting strategies and sleep-related risks to infants
by Volpe, Lane E. & Ball, Helen L. & McKenna, James J.
- 101-108 Eye of the beholder? Maternal mental health and the quality of infant sleep
by Goldberg, Wendy A. & Lucas-Thompson, Rachel G. & Germo, Gary R. & Keller, Meret A. & Davis, Elysia Poggi & Sandman, Curt A.
- 109-116 A qualitative exploration of adolescent perceptions of healthy sleep in Tucson, Arizona, USA
by Orzech, Kathryn M.
- 117-123 Gender differences in approaches to self-management of poor sleep in later life
by Venn, Susan & Meadows, Robert & Arber, Sara
2013, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-8 The shape of things to come? Obesity prevalence among foreign-born vs. US-born Mexican youth in California
by Buttenheim, Alison M. & Pebley, Anne R. & Hsih, Katie & Chung, Chang Y. & Goldman, Noreen
- 9-16 The art of letting go: Referral to palliative care and its discontents
by Broom, Alex & Kirby, Emma & Good, Phillip & Wootton, Julia & Adams, Jon
- 17-25 Measuring the catastrophic and impoverishing effect of household health care spending in Serbia
by Arsenijevic, Jelena & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 26-33 Agency and implementation: Understanding the embedding of healthcare innovations in practice
by May, Carl
- 34-41 Education and obesity at age 40 among American adults
by Cohen, Alison K. & Rehkopf, David H. & Deardorff, Julianna & Abrams, Barbara
- 42-49 Implementing a Basic Package of Health Services in post-conflict Liberia: Perceptions of key stakeholders
by Petit, Dörte & Sondorp, Egbert & Mayhew, Susannah & Roura, Maria & Roberts, Bayard
- 50-60 Understanding maternal smoking during pregnancy: Does residential context matter?
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 61-69 Structural and environmental factors are associated with internalised homonegativity in men who have sex with men: Findings from the European MSM Internet Survey (EMIS) in 38 countries
by Berg, Rigmor C. & Ross, Michael W. & Weatherburn, Peter & Schmidt, Axel J.
- 70-77 Addiction in the family is a major but neglected contributor to the global burden of adult ill-health
by Orford, Jim & Velleman, Richard & Natera, Guillermina & Templeton, Lorna & Copello, Alex
- 78-85 Conferences, tablecloths and cupboards: How to understand the situatedness of quality improvements in long-term care
by Stoopendaal, Annemiek & Bal, Roland
- 86-95 Economic gradients in early child neurodevelopment: A multi-country study
by Wehby, George L. & McCarthy, Ann Marie
- 96-112 How robust is the evidence of an emerging or increasing female excess in physical morbidity between childhood and adolescence? Results of a systematic literature review and meta-analyses
by MacLean, Alice & Sweeting, Helen & Egan, Matt & Der, Geoff & Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate
- 113-124 “I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
by Völker, Sebastian & Kistemann, Thomas
- 125-129 The ongoing westernization of East Asian biomedical ethics in Taiwan
by Chen, Yen-Yuan & Tsai, Shih-Li & Yang, Chih-Wei & Ni, Yen-Hsuan & Chang, Shan-Chwen
2013, Volume 77, Issue C
- 13-19 Breast cancer anxiety's associations with responses to a chemoprevention decision aid
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Scherer, Laura & Ubel, Peter A. & Smith, Dylan M. & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & McClure, Jennifer B. & Greene, Sarah & Stark, Azadeh & Fagerlin, Angela
- 20-30 The influence of urban design on neighbourhood walking following residential relocation: Longitudinal results from the RESIDE study
by Giles-Corti, Billie & Bull, Fiona & Knuiman, Matthew & McCormack, Gavin & Van Niel, Kimberly & Timperio, Anna & Christian, Hayley & Foster, Sarah & Divitini, Mark & Middleton, Nick & Boruff, Bryan
- 31-40 HIV issues and people with disabilities: A review and agenda for research
by Groce, Nora Ellen & Rohleder, Poul & Eide, Arne Henning & MacLachlan, Malcolm & Mall, Sumaya & Swartz, Leslie
- 41-49 Association of exposure to intimate-partner physical violence and potentially traumatic war-related events with mental health in Liberia
by Vinck, Patrick & Pham, Phuong N.
- 50-59 The impact of therapeutic procedure innovation on hospital patient longevity: Evidence from Western Australia, 2000–2007
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 60-69 Does community capacity influence self-rated health? Multilevel contextual effects in Seoul, Korea
by Jung, Minsoo & Viswanath, K.
- 70-74 Gender disparities in AMI management and outcomes among health professionals, their relatives, and non-health professionals in Taiwan from 1997 to 2007
by Huang, Nicole & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Hu, Hsiao-Yun & Lee, Cheng-Hua
- 75-83 How does race get “under the skin”?: Inflammation, weathering, and metabolic problems in late life
by Das, Aniruddha
- 84-89 Public preferences over efficiency, equity and autonomy in vaccination policy: An empirical study
by Luyten, Jeroen & Dorgali, Veronica & Hens, Niel & Beutels, Philippe
- 90-96 The natural resource curse and the spread of HIV/AIDS, 1990–2008
by de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene
- 97-105 Valuing the EQ-5D and the SF-6D health states using subjective well-being: A secondary analysis of patient data
by Mukuria, Clara & Brazier, John
- 106-117 Socioeconomic inequalities in drug utilization for Sweden: Evidence from linked survey and register data
by Nordin, Martin & Dackehag, Margareta & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 118-125 The social dynamics of consent and refusal in HIV surveillance in rural South Africa
by Reynolds, Lindsey & Cousins, Thomas & Newell, Marie-Louise & Imrie, John
- 126-136 The business cycle and health behaviors
by Xu, Xin
- 137-146 Does living in slums or non-slums influence women's nutritional status? Evidence from Indian mega-cities
by Gaur, Kirti & Keshri, Kunal & Joe, William
- 147-155 Clinicians on the board: What difference does it make?
by Veronesi, Gianluca & Kirkpatrick, Ian & Vallascas, Francesco
- 156-163 Theory-informed design of values clarification methods: A cognitive psychological perspective on patient health-related decision making
by Pieterse, Arwen H. & de Vries, Marieke & Kunneman, Marleen & Stiggelbout, Anne M. & Feldman-Stewart, Deb
- 164-172 To what extent do biomarkers account for the large social disparities in health in Moscow?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jdanov, Dmitri & Shalnova, Svetlana & Shkolnikova, Maria & Weinstein, Maxine
2013, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-7 Socioeconomic inequality in birth weight and gestational age in Denmark 1996–2007: Using a family-based approach to explore alternative explanations
by Mortensen, Laust H.
- 28-38 Maternal familism predicts birthweight and asthma symptoms three years later
by Abdou, Cleopatra M. & Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Myers, Hector F.
- 39-46 Revisiting causal neighborhood effects on individual ischemic heart disease risk: A quasi-experimental multilevel analysis among Swedish siblings
by Merlo, Juan & Ohlsson, Henrik & Chaix, Basile & Lichtenstein, Paul & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 47-56 Patterns of family doctor decision making in practice context. What are the implications for medical practice variation and social disparities?
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Scott, Alastair & Davis, Peter
- 57-66 Effects of child and adolescent health on educational progress
by Lê, Félice & Diez Roux, Ana & Morgenstern, Hal
- 67-73 Estimating Willingness-to-Pay for health insurance among rural poor in India by reference to Engel's law
by Binnendijk, Erika & Dror, David M. & Gerelle, Eric & Koren, Ruth
- 74-82 Best worst discrete choice experiments in health: Methods and an application
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Donaldson, Cam & Currie, Gillian & Burgess, Leonie
- 83-91 The impact of natural disasters on child health and investments in rural India
by Datar, Ashlesha & Liu, Jenny & Linnemayr, Sebastian & Stecher, Chad
- 92-100 Thai and American doctors on medical ethics: Religion, regulation, and moral reasoning across borders
by Grol-Prokopczyk, Hanna
- 101-106 Do socio-economic gradients in smoking emerge differently across time by gender? Implications for the tobacco epidemic from a pregnancy cohort in California, USA
by Keyes, Katherine M. & March, Dana & Link, Bruce G. & Chilcoat, Howard D. & Susser, Ezra
- 107-114 Intrauterine stress and male cohort quality: The case of September 11, 2001
by Bruckner, Tim A. & Nobles, Jenna
- 115-125 The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitals
by Jacobs, Rowena & Mannion, Russell & Davies, Huw T.O. & Harrison, Stephen & Konteh, Fred & Walshe, Kieran
- 126-133 The impact of social, structural and physical environmental factors on transitions into employment among people who inject drugs
by Richardson, Lindsey & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 134-142 Dynamic profile of health investment and the evolution of elderly health
by Lo, Te-Fen & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 143-149 Factors affecting the entry of for-profit providers into a price regulated market for formal long-term care services: A case study from Japan
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 150-158 A new prevention paradox: The trade-off between reducing incentives for risk selection and increasing the incentives for prevention for health insurers
by Kanters, Tim A. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & van Vliet, René C.J.A. & van Baal, Pieter H.M. & Polder, Johan J.
- 159-168 Including quality attributes in efficiency measures consistent with net benefit: Creating incentives for evidence based medicine in practice
by Eckermann, Simon & Coelli, Tim
- 169-178 Health and well-being of movers in rural and urban areas – A grid-based analysis of northern Finland birth cohort 1966
by Lankila, Tiina & Näyhä, Simo & Rautio, Arja & Koiranen, Markku & Rusanen, Jarmo & Taanila, Anja
- 179-187 Disparities in work, risk and health between immigrants and native-born Spaniards
by Solé, Meritxell & Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Rodríguez, Marisol
- 188-196 The re-construction of women's sexual lives after pelvic radiotherapy: A critique of social constructionist and biomedical perspectives on the study of female sexuality after cancer treatment
by White, I.D. & Faithfull, S. & Allan, H.
- 197-207 International migration to Canada: The post-birth health of mothers and infants by immigration class
by Gagnon, Anita J. & Dougherty, Geoffrey & Wahoush, Olive & Saucier, Jean-François & Dennis, Cindy-Lee & Stanger, Elizabeth & Palmer, Becky & Merry, Lisa & Stewart, Donna E.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 12
- 2060-2068 Integrating social epidemiology into immigrant health research: A cross-national framework
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Almeida, Joanna
- 2069-2075 Substance use, generation and time in the United States: The modifying role of gender for immigrant urban adolescents
by Almeida, Joanna & Johnson, Renee M. & Matsumoto, Atsushi & Godette, Dionne C.
- 2076-2084 Immigrant status and cognitive functioning in late-life: An examination of gender variations in the healthy immigrant effect
by Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Jacqueline L. & Balistreri, Kelly S. & Herrera, Angelica P.
- 2085-2098 Does an immigrant health paradox exist among Asian Americans? Associations of nativity and occupational class with self-rated health and mental disorders
by John, Dolly A. & de Castro, A.B. & Martin, Diane P. & Duran, Bonnie & Takeuchi, David T.
- 2099-2106 More than culture: Structural racism, intersectionality theory, and immigrant health
by Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Miranda, Patricia Y. & Abdulrahim, Sawsan
- 2107-2115 Ethnic density effects on health and experienced racism among Caribbean people in the US and England: A cross-national comparison
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Jackson, James & Heuvelman, Hein
- 2116-2123 Discrimination and psychological distress: Does Whiteness matter for Arab Americans?
by Abdulrahim, Sawsan & James, Sherman A. & Yamout, Rouham & Baker, Wayne
- 2134-2142 Sociocultural influences on mental health service use by Latino older adults for emotional distress: Exploring the mediating and moderating role of informal social support
by Hansen, Marissa C. & Aranda, María P.
- 2143-2150 Vaccine innovation, translational research and the management of knowledge accumulation
by Yaqub, Ohid & Nightingale, Paul
- 2151-2159 Experience of place for young adults under 65 years with complex disabilities moving into purpose-built residential care
by Muenchberger, Heidi & Ehrlich, Carolyn & Kendall, Elizabeth & Vit, Marina
- 2160-2169 Understanding wealth-based inequalities in child health in India: A decomposition approach
by Chalasani, Satvika
- 2170-2182 Rising U.S. income inequality and the changing gradient of socioeconomic status on physical functioning and activity limitations, 1984–2007
by Zheng, Hui & George, Linda K.
- 2183-2190 Mobility for care workers: Job changes and wages for nurse aides
by Ribas, Vanesa & Dill, Janette S. & Cohen, Philip N.
- 2191-2199 What counts and how to count it: Physicians’ constructions of evidence in a disinvestment context
by Hodgetts, Katherine & Elshaug, Adam G. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 2200-2206 Putting your money where your mouth is: Parents' valuation of good oral health of their children
by Vermaire, J.H. & van Exel, N.J.A. & van Loveren, C. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 2207-2214 Inter-professional electronic documents and child health: A study of persisting non-electronic communication in the use of electronic documents
by Saario, Sirpa & Hall, Christopher & Peckover, Sue
- 2215-2224 Housing instability and health: Findings from the Michigan recession and recovery study
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Seefeldt, Kristin S. & Zelner, Sarah
- 2225-2232 Embedded gender and social changes underpinning inequalities in health: An ethnographic insight into a local Spanish context
by García-Calvente, Mar & Marcos-Marcos, Jorge & del Río-Lozano, María & Hidalgo-Ruzzante, Natalia & Maroto-Navarro, Gracia
- 2233-2241 Social networks – The future for health care delivery
by Griffiths, Frances & Cave, Jonathan & Boardman, Felicity & Ren, Justin & Pawlikowska, Teresa & Ball, Robin & Clarke, Aileen & Cohen, Alan
- 2242-2249 Associations between friends' disordered eating and muscle-enhancing behaviors
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wall, Melanie & Shim, Jin Joo & Bruening, Meg & Loth, Katie & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 2250-2257 The impact of migratory separation from parents on the health of adolescents in the Philippines
by Smeekens, Chantal & Stroebe, Margaret S. & Abakoumkin, Georgios
- 2258-2266 Aggravating conditions: Cynical hostility and neighborhood ambient stressors
by King, Katherine
- 2267-2274 The relationship between mortality and time since divorce, widowhood or remarriage in Norway
by Berntsen, Kjersti Norgård & Kravdal, Øystein
- 2275-2282 Bodies of risk: Constructing motherhood in a Mexican public hospital
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 2283-2290 Indifferent to disease: A qualitative investigation of the reasons why some Papua New Guineans who own mosquito nets choose not to use them
by Pulford, Justin & Oakiva, Tania & Angwin, Angeline & Bryant, Miranda & Mueller, Ivo & Hetzel, Manuel W.
- 2291-2298 Leveraging health capital at the workplace: An examination of health reporting behavior among Latino immigrant restaurant workers in the United States
by Gleeson, Shannon
- 2299-2306 Realist randomised controlled trials: A new approach to evaluating complex public health interventions
by Bonell, Chris & Fletcher, Adam & Morton, Matthew & Lorenc, Theo & Moore, Laurence
- 2307-2316 Neighborhood characteristics and depressive symptoms of older people: Local spatial analyses
by Cromley, Ellen K. & Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel A.
- 2317-2325 Neighborhood poverty, park use, and park-based physical activity in a Southern California city
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Han, Bing & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Williamson, Stephanie & Marsh, Terry & Rudick, Jodi & McKenzie, Thomas L.
- 2326-2336 Intragenerational mobility and mortality in Russia: Short and longer-term effects
by Billingsley, Sunnee
- 2337-2344 A network approach for researching political feasibility of healthcare reform: The case of universal healthcare system in Taiwan
by Wang, Guang-Xu
- 2345-2352 Altruism and participation in longitudinal health research? Insights from the Whitehall II Study
by Mein, Gill & Seale, Clive & Rice, Helen & Johal, Suneeta & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Ellison, George & Tinker, Anthea
- 2353-2361 The debate about the funding of Herceptin: A case study of ‘countervailing powers’
by Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Norris, Pauline & Dew, Kevin & Madden, Helen & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 2362-2369 The classification and nomenclature of ‘medically unexplained symptoms’: Conflict, performativity and critique
by Greco, Monica
- 2370-2377 Health financing in fragile and post-conflict states: What do we know and what are the gaps?
by Witter, Sophie
- 2378-2385 Benefit or burden? A sociotechnical analysis of diagnostic computer kiosks in four California hospital emergency departments
by Ackerman, Sara L. & Tebb, Kathleen & Stein, John C. & Frazee, Bradley W. & Hendey, Gregory W. & Schmidt, Laura A. & Gonzales, Ralph
- 2386-2393 Priority-setting and rationing in healthcare: Evidence from the English experience
by Robinson, Suzanne & Williams, Iestyn & Dickinson, Helen & Freeman, Tim & Rumbold, Benedict
- 2394-2402 Inpatient care of the elderly in Brazil and India: Assessing social inequalities
by Channon, Andrew Amos & Andrade, Monica Viegas & Noronha, Kenya & Leone, Tiziana & Dilip, T.R.
- 2403-2411 Couples’ reports of household decision-making and the utilization of maternal health services in Bangladesh
by Story, William T. & Burgard, Sarah A.
- 2412-2419 Rapidly rising food prices and the experience of food insecurity in urban Ethiopia: Impacts on health and well-being
by Hadley, Craig & Stevenson, Edward Geoffrey Jedediah & Tadesse, Yemesrach & Belachew, Tefera
- 2420-2424 Urban Aboriginal mobility in Canada: Examining the association with health care utilization
by Snyder, Marcie & Wilson, Kathi
- 2425-2430 The duty to care in an influenza pandemic: A qualitative study of Canadian public perspectives
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Smith, Maxwell J. & Pisartchik, Dmitri & Sahni, Sachin & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2431-2436 Delayed and differential effects of the economic crisis in Sweden in the 1990s on health-related exclusion from the labour market: A health equity assessment
by Burström, B. & Nylén, L. & Barr, B. & Clayton, S. & Holland, P. & Whitehead, M.
- 2437-2445 Marginalized identities, discrimination burden, and mental health: Empirical exploration of an interpersonal-level approach to modeling intersectionality
by Seng, Julia S. & Lopez, William D. & Sperlich, Mickey & Hamama, Lydia & Reed Meldrum, Caroline D.
- 2446-2454 Birth weight, infant mortality, and race: Twin comparisons and genetic/environmental inputs
by Conley, Dalton & Strully, Kate W.
- 2455-2462 Capitals diminished, denied, mustered and deployed. A qualitative longitudinal study of women's four year trajectories after acute health crisis, Burkina Faso
by Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 2463-2471 Affordability as a discursive accomplishment in a changing National Health Service
by Russell, Jill & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 2472-2480 Contextual effect of different components of social capital on health in a suburban city of the greater Tokyo area: A multilevel analysis
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Wakui, Tomoko & Arami, Reiko & Sugawara, Ikuko & Yoshie, Satoru
- 2481-2492 An exploratory multilevel analysis of income, income inequality and self-rated health of the elderly in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Wang, Wenfei Winnie & Jones, Kelvyn & Li, Yaqing
- 2493-2502 Infant and fetal mortality among a high fertility and mortality population in the Bolivian Amazon
by Gurven, Michael
- 2503-2508 Household-based cash transfer targeting strategies in Zimbabwe: Are we reaching the most vulnerable children?
by Robertson, Laura & Mushati, Phyllis & Eaton, Jeffrey W. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makoni, Jeremiah C. & Skovdal, Morten & Crea, Tom & Mavise, Gideon & Dumba, Lovemore & Schumacher, Christina & Munyati, Shungu & Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2509-2514 “Pay them if it works”: Discrete choice experiments on the acceptability of financial incentives to change health related behaviour
by Promberger, Marianne & Dolan, Paul & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 2515-2521 Provider incentives and access to dental care: Evaluating NHS reforms in England
by Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 2522-2529 Stress and diabetes in socioeconomic context: A qualitative study of urban Indians
by Mendenhall, Emily & Shivashankar, Roopa & Tandon, Nikhil & Ali, Mohammed K. & Venkat Narayan, K.M. & Prabhakaran, Dorairaj
- 2530-2538 Labor migration and child mortality in Mozambique
by Yabiku, Scott T. & Agadjanian, Victor & Cau, Boaventura
2012, Volume 75, Issue 11
- 1925-1932 Moving beyond walkability: On the potential of health geography
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Hall, Edward & Evans, Bethan & Colls, Rachel
- 1933-1937 Changing health care quality paradigms: The rise of clinical guidelines and quality measures in American medicine
by Nigam, Amit
- 1938-1945 Deliberative dialogues as a mechanism for knowledge translation and exchange in health systems decision-making
by Boyko, Jennifer A. & Lavis, John N. & Abelson, Julia & Dobbins, Maureen & Carter, Nancy
- 1946-1953 The politics of action research: “If you don't like the way things are going, get off the bus”
by Nugus, Peter & Greenfield, David & Travaglia, Joanne & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1954-1963 Geographic distribution of healthcare resources, healthcare service provision, and patient flow in Japan: A cross sectional study
by Shinjo, Daisuke & Aramaki, Toshiharu
- 1964-1973 When you can’t have the cake and eat it too
by Carlsen, Benedicte & Hole, Arne Risa & Kolstad, Julie Riise & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1974-1980 Stock or stroke? Stock market movement and stroke incidence in Taiwan
by Chen, Chun-Chih & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Lin, Ying-Tzu
- 1981-1988 Productivity cost calculations in health economic evaluations: Correcting for compensation mechanisms and multiplier effects
by Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Severens, Johan L. & Kaper, Janneke & Evers, Silvia M.A.A.
- 1989-1998 Childhood obesity and human capital accumulation
by Palermo, Tia M. & Dowd, Jennifer B.
- 1999-2006 Understanding recovery: Changes in the relationships of the International Classification of Functioning (ICF) components over time
by Davis, A.M. & Perruccio, A.V. & Ibrahim, S. & Hogg-Johnson, S. & Wong, R. & Badley, E.M.
- 2007-2012 Glitch in the gradient: Additional education does not uniformly equal better health
by Zajacova, Anna & Rogers, Richard G. & Johnson-Lawrence, Vicki
- 2013-2020 The influence of stress and social support on depressive symptoms in mothers with young children
by Manuel, Jennifer I. & Martinson, Melissa L. & Bledsoe-Mansori, Sarah E. & Bellamy, Jennifer L.
- 2021-2027 Training traditional birth attendants to use misoprostol and an absorbent delivery mat in home births
by Prata, Ndola & Quaiyum, Md. Abdul & Passano, Paige & Bell, Suzanne & Bohl, Daniel D. & Hossain, Shahed & Azmi, Ashrafi Jahan & Begum, Mohsina
- 2028-2036 Conceptualising the prevention of adverse obstetric outcomes among immigrants using the ‘three delays’ framework in a high-income context
by Binder, Pauline & Johnsdotter, Sara & Essén, Birgitta
- 2037-2046 Explaining suicide: Identifying common themes and diverse perspectives in an urban Mumbai slum
by Parkar, Shubhangi R. & Nagarsekar, Balkrishna B. & Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 2047-2054 The case for addressing explosive weapons: Conflict, violence and health
by Rappert, Brian & Moyes, Richard & Lang, Iain
2012, Volume 75, Issue 10
- 1721-1728 Personalizing medicine: Futures present and past
by Tutton, Richard
- 1729-1736 From bodies to lives, complainers to consumers: Measuring menstrual excess
by Hasson, Katie Ann
- 1737-1745 Liquid gold from the milk bar: Constructions of breastmilk and breastfeeding women in the language and practices of midwives
by Burns, E. & Schmied, V. & Fenwick, J. & Sheehan, A.
- 1746-1752 Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer
by Solbjør, Marit & Skolbekken, John-Arne & Sætnan, Ann Rudinow & Hagen, Anne Irene & Forsmo, Siri
- 1753-1761 Resistance, agency, and liminality in women's accounts of symptom appraisal and help-seeking upon discovery of a breast irregularity
by Granek, Leeat & Fergus, Karen
- 1762-1768 Repressive authenticity in the quest for legitimacy: Surveillance and the contested illness lawsuit
by Phillips, Tarryn
- 1769-1777 “Community ambassadors” for South Asian elder immigrants: Late-life acculturation and the roles of community health workers
by Blair, Thomas R.W.
- 1778-1785 Paying for performance and the social relations of health care provision: An anthropological perspective
by Magrath, Priscilla & Nichter, Mark
- 1786-1792 Hidden costs: The direct and indirect impact of user fees on access to malaria treatment and primary care in Mali
by Johnson, Ari & Goss, Adeline & Beckerman, Jessica & Castro, Arachu
- 1793-1799 The social dimensions of safety incident reporting in maternity care: The influence of working relationships and group processes
by Lindsay, Patricia & Sandall, Jane & Humphrey, Charlotte
- 1800-1810 Revenue, relationships and routines: The social organization of acute myocardial infarction patient transfers in the United States
by Veinot, Tiffany C. & Bosk, Emily A. & Unnikrishnan, K.P. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 1811-1819 Canadian family physicians’ decision to collaborate: Age, period and cohort effects
by Sarma, Sisira & Devlin, Rose Anne & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
- 1820-1827 Financial protection mechanisms for inpatients at selected Philippine hospitals
by Caballes, Alvin B. & Söllner, Walter & Nañagas, Juan
- 1828-1835 How does searching for health information on the Internet affect individuals' demand for health care services?
by Suziedelyte, Agne
- 1836-1843 A universal preference for equality in health? Reasons to reconsider properties of applied social welfare functions
by Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1844-1854 The impact of drinking on psychological well-being: Evidence from minimum drinking age laws in the United States
by Ertan Yörük, Ceren & Yörük, Barış K.
- 1855-1863 Motorcycle fatalities among out-of-state riders and the role of universal helmet laws
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin & Homer, Jenny F.
- 1864-1873 The impact of pensions on health and wellbeing in rural South Africa: Does gender matter?
by Schatz, Enid & Gómez-Olivé, Xavier & Ralston, Margaret & Menken, Jane & Tollman, Stephen
- 1874-1882 Psychological well-being of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest old in China: The role of children
by Liu, Guangya & Dupre, Matthew E. & Gu, Danan & Mair, Christine A. & Chen, Feinian
- 1883-1890 Familial risk of premature cardiovascular mortality and the impact of intergenerational occupational class mobility
by Tiikkaja, Sanna & Olsson, Marita & Malki, Ninoa & Modin, Bitte & Sparén, Pär
- 1891-1894 Inequality and the association between involuntary job loss and depressive symptoms
by Berchick, Edward R. & Gallo, William T. & Maralani, Vida & Kasl, Stanislav V.
- 1895-1902 Neighborhood social capital and crime victimization: Comparison of spatial regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis
by Takagi, Daisuke & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1903-1911 A theory of how rural health services contribute to community sustainability
by Farmer, Jane & Prior, Maria & Taylor, Judy
- 1912-1920 How families of children with complex care needs participate in everyday life
by Woodgate, Roberta Lynn & Edwards, Marie & Ripat, Jacquie
2012, Volume 75, Issue 9
- 1555-1561 HIV and chemoprophylaxis, the importance of considering social structures alongside biomedical and behavioral intervention
by Roberts, Eric T. & Matthews, Derrick D.
- 1572-1580 The logical underpinnings and benefits of pooled pharmaceutical procurement: A pragmatic role for our public institutions?
by Huff-Rousselle, Maggie
- 1581-1588 The migration decisions of physicians in Canada: The roles of immigrant status and spousal characteristics
by McDonald, James Ted & Worswick, Christopher
- 1589-1594 Do workers underreport morbidity? The accuracy of self-reports of chronic conditions
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Jürges, Hendrik
- 1595-1603 Allocation of authority in European health policy
by Adolph, Christopher & Greer, Scott L. & Massard da Fonseca, Elize
- 1604-1611 Involving citizens in the ethics of biobank research: Informing institutional policy through structured public deliberation
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Burgess, Michael M.
- 1612-1616 Impact of gender-based career obstacles on the working status of women physicians in Japan
by Nomura, Kyoko & Gohchi, Kengo
- 1617-1624 A social learning perspective on the development of doctors in the UK National Health Service
by Spilg, Edward & Siebert, Sabina & Martin, Graeme
- 1625-1632 Remaking surgical socialization: Work hour restrictions, rites of passage, and occupational identity
by Veazey Brooks, Joanna & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1633-1641 The chromosome 22q11.2 deletion: From the unification of biomedical fields to a new kind of genetic condition
by Navon, Daniel & Shwed, Uri
- 1642-1649 Diagnosis as a social determinant: The development of prosocial behaviour before and after an autism spectrum diagnosis
by Russell, Ginny & Kelly, Susan E. & Ford, Tamsin & Steer, Colin
- 1650-1659 When patients portray their conduct as normal and healthy: An interactional challenge for thorough substance use history taking
by Denvir, Paul M.
- 1660-1672 The mental health gender-gap in urban India: Patterns and narratives
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Ranendra Kumar & Das, Veena
- 1673-1684 Heavy agricultural workloads and low crop diversity are strong barriers to improving child feeding practices in the Bolivian Andes
by Jones, Andrew D. & Cruz Agudo, Yesmina & Galway, Lindsay & Bentley, Jeffery & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 1685-1691 Condoms “contain worms” and “cause HIV” in Tanzania: Negative Condom Beliefs Scale development and implications for HIV prevention
by Siegler, Aaron J. & Mbwambo, Jessie K. & McCarty, Frances A. & DiClemente, Ralph J.
- 1692-1696 The importance of full-time work for urban adults' mental and physical health
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Carroll-Scott, Amy & Earnshaw, Valerie A. & Santilli, Alycia & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 1697-1707 The contribution of stress to the social patterning of clinical and subclinical CVD risk factors in African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study
by Gebreab, Samson Y. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Boykin, Shawn & Sims, Mario & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Taylor, Herman A. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1708-1714 Post-disaster psychosocial services across Europe: The TENTS project
by Witteveen, Anke B. & Bisson, Jonathan I. & Ajdukovic, Dean & Arnberg, Filip K. & Bergh Johannesson, Kerstin & Bolding, Hendrieke B. & Elklit, Ask & Jehel, Louis & Johansen, Venke A. & Lis-Turlejska, Maja & Nordanger, Dag O. & Orengo-García, Francisco & Polak, A. Rosaura & Punamaki, Raija-Leena & Schnyder, Ulrich & Wittmann, Lutz & Olff, Miranda
- 1715-1720 The mechanisms that associate community social capital with post-disaster mental health: A multilevel model
by Wind, Tim R. & Komproe, Ivan H.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 8
- 1329-1341 In sickness and in health: Same-sex marriage laws and sexually transmitted infections
by Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M. & Peng, Handie
- 1342-1350 The role of defamilialization in the relationship between partnership and self-rated health: A cross-national comparison of Canada and the United States
by Clouston, Sean A.P. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 1351-1361 Maximising health versus sharing: Measuring preferences for the allocation of the health budget
by Richardson, Jeff & Sinha, Kompal & Iezzi, Angelo & Maxwell, Aimee
- 1362-1371 Behavioral adjustment to avian flu in Europe during spring 2006: The roles of knowledge and proximity to risk
by Rudisill, Caroline & Costa-Font, Joan & Mossialos, Elias
- 1372-1378 Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986–2007
by Watanabe, Ryo & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1379-1386 Smoking among construction workers: The nonlinear influence of the economy, cigarette prices, and antismoking sentiment
by Okechukwu, Cassandra & Bacic, Janine & Cheng, Kai-Wen & Catalano, Ralph
- 1387-1391 ‘Responsible drinking’ programs and the alcohol industry in Brazil: Killing two birds with one stone?
by Pantani, Daniela & Sparks, Robert & M. Sanchez, Zila & Pinsky, Ilana
- 1392-1399 Women's health in urban Mali: Social predictors and health itineraries
by Bove, Riley M. & Vala-Haynes, Emily & Valeggia, Claudia R.
- 1400-1407 Investigating the potential for ethnic group harm in collaborative genomics research in Africa: Is ethnic stigmatisation likely?
by de Vries, Jantina & Jallow, Muminatou & Williams, Thomas N. & Kwiatkowski, Dominic & Parker, Michael & Fitzpatrick, Raymond
- 1408-1416 “Not all my fault”: Genetics, stigma, and personal responsibility for women with eating disorders
by Easter, Michele M.
- 1417-1425 Gender-based violence and HIV sexual risk behavior: Alcohol use and mental health problems as mediators among women in drinking venues, Cape Town
by Pitpitan, Eileen V. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Eaton, Lisa A. & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Watt, Melissa H. & Skinner, Donald
- 1426-1432 Living on the margin: Understanding the experience of living and dying with frailty in old age
by Nicholson, C. & Meyer, J. & Flatley, M. & Holman, C. & Lowton, K.
- 1433-1440 Science, politics, and health in the brave new world of pharmaceutical carcinogenic risk assessment: Technical progress or cycle of regulatory capture?
by Abraham, John & Ballinger, Rachel
- 1441-1449 Static, dynamic, integrated, and contextualized: A framework for understanding mental health service utilization among young adults
by Munson, Michelle R. & Jaccard, James & Smalling, Susan E. & Kim, Hyunsoo & Werner, James J. & Scott, Lionel D.
- 1450-1459 Does socio-economic status explain use of modern and traditional health care services?
by Sato, Azusa
- 1460-1468 Spatial analysis of suicide mortality in Australia: Investigation of metropolitan-rural-remote differentials of suicide risk across states/territories
by Cheung, Yee Tak Derek & Spittal, Matthew J. & Pirkis, Jane & Yip, Paul Siu Fai
- 1469-1476 Association of neighbourhood residence and preferences with the built environment, work-related travel behaviours, and health implications for employed adults: Findings from the URBAN study
by Badland, Hannah M. & Oliver, Melody & Kearns, Robin A. & Mavoa, Suzanne & Witten, Karen & Duncan, Mitch J. & Batty, G. David
- 1477-1487 Bringing the individual back to small-area variation studies: A multilevel analysis of all-cause mortality in Andalusia, Spain
by Merlo, Juan & Viciana-Fernández, Francisco J. & Ramiro-Fariñas, Diego
- 1488-1496 Associations among social capital, parenting for active lifestyles, and youth physical activity in rural families living in upstate New York
by Davison, Kirsten K. & Nishi, Akihiro & Kranz, Sibylle & Wyckoff, Lynae & May, John J. & Earle-Richardson, Giulia B. & Strogatz, David S. & Jenkins, Paul L.
- 1497-1504 Early life socioeconomic conditions in rural areas and old-age mortality in twentieth-century Quebec
by Gagnon, Alain & Bohnert, Nora
- 1505-1513 Geographic variation in participation for physically disabled adults: The contribution of area economic factors to employment after spinal cord injury
by Botticello, Amanda L. & Chen, Yuying & Tulsky, David S.
- 1514-1522 Measuring change in health care equity using small-area administrative data – Evidence from the English NHS 2001–2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro & Donni, Paolo Li
- 1523-1530 Early childhood economic disadvantage and the health of Hispanic children
by Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 1531-1538 The impact of childhood sickness on adult socioeconomic outcomes: Evidence from late 19th century America
by Warren, John Robert & Knies, Laurie & Haas, Steven & Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 1539-1546 The inconsistent mediating effects of psychosocial work characteristics on the education–health relationship
by Qiu, Hanyao & Bures, Regina & Shehan, Constance L.
- 1547-1554 The role of personal characteristics in the relationship between health and psychological distress among kidney transplant recipients
by Schulz, Torben & Niesing, Jan & Stewart, Roy E. & Westerhuis, Ralf & Hagedoorn, Mariet & Ploeg, Rutger J. & Homan van der Heide, Jaap J. & Ranchor, Adelita V.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 7
- 1143-1155 Community-level correlates of intimate partner violence against women globally: A systematic review
by VanderEnde, Kristin E. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Dynes, Michelle M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1156-1162 Social welfare and the Affordable Care Act: Is it ever optimal to set aside comparative cost?
by Mortimer, Duncan & Peacock, Stuart
- 1163-1174 Psychosocial work stressors as antecedents of musculoskeletal problems: A systematic review and meta-analysis of stability-adjusted longitudinal studies
by Lang, Jessica & Ochsmann, Elke & Kraus, Thomas & Lang, Jonas W.B.
- 1175-1183 Is there evidence that friends influence body weight? A systematic review of empirical research
by Cunningham, Solveig A. & Vaquera, Elizabeth & Maturo, Claire C. & Venkat Narayan, K.M.
- 1184-1191 Social networks and risk for depressive symptoms in a national sample of sexual minority youth
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & McLaughlin, Katie A. & Xuan, Ziming
- 1192-1201 Candidate change agent identification among men at risk for HIV infection
by Schneider, John A. & McFadden, Rachel B. & Laumann, Edward O. & Prem Kumar, S.G. & Gandham, Sabitha R. & Oruganti, Ganesh
- 1202-1212 Patient–physician relationships in second opinion encounters – The physicians’ perspective
by Greenfield, Geva & Pliskin, Joseph S. & Feder-Bubis, Paula & Wientroub, Shlomo & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 1213-1221 Towards comprehensive malaria planning: The effect of government capacity, health policy, and land use variables on malaria incidence in India
by Boussalis, Constantine & Nelson, Hal T. & Swaminathan, Siddharth
- 1222-1229 Using documents to investigate links between implementation and sustainability in a complex community intervention: The PRISM study
by Willis, Karen & Small, Rhonda & Brown, Stephanie
- 1230-1235 How to identify science being bent: The tobacco industry's fight to deny second-hand smoking health hazards as an example
by Rochel de Camargo, Kenneth
- 1236-1243 A will to youth: The woman’s anti-aging elixir
by Smirnova, Michelle Hannah
- 1244-1253 Out of our inner city backyards: Re-scaling urban environmental health inequity assessment
by Masuda, Jeffrey R. & Teelucksingh, Cheryl & Zupancic, Tara & Crabtree, Alexis & Haber, Rebecca & Skinner, Emily & Poland, Blake & Frankish, Jim & Fridell, Mara
- 1254-1262 The relationship between diet and perceived and objective access to supermarkets among low-income housing residents
by Caspi, Caitlin E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Adamkiewicz, Gary & Sorensen, Glorian
- 1263-1270 African-American/white differences in the age of menarche: Accounting for the difference
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Fang, Muriel Z. & Gardner, William P. & Pajer, Kathleen
- 1271-1279 Neighborhood stressors and cardiovascular health: Crime and C-reactive protein in Dallas, USA
by Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Iveniuk, James
- 1280-1287 The changing gender differences in life expectancy in Korea 1970–2005
by Yang, Seungmi & Khang, Young-Ho & Chun, Heeran & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John
- 1288-1295 Social capital and health of older Europeans: Causal pathways and health inequalities
by Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry
- 1296-1302 Intergenerational financial transfers and health in a national sample from France
by Scodellaro, Claire & Khlat, Myriam & Jusot, Florence
- 1303-1310 Household economic resources, labour-market advantage and health problems – A study on causal relationships using prospective register data
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1311-1320 A life course model of self-rated health through adolescence and young adulthood
by Bauldry, Shawn & Shanahan, Michael J. & Boardman, Jason D. & Miech, Richard A. & Macmillan, Ross
- 1321-1328 High school students’ posttraumatic symptoms, substance abuse and involvement in violence in the aftermath of war
by Schiff, Miriam & Pat-Horenczyk, Ruth & Benbenishty, Rami & Brom, Danny & Baum, Naomi & Astor, Ron Avi
2012, Volume 75, Issue 6
- 955-958 Race, ethnicity and health: The costs and benefits of conceptualising racism and ethnicity
by Bradby, Hannah
- 959-975 Intimate partner violence against adult women and its association with major depressive disorder, depressive symptoms and postpartum depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Beydoun, May A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Lo, Bruce & Zonderman, Alan B.
- 976-985 What do we know about the experience of age related macular degeneration? A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Bennion, Amy E. & Shaw, Rachel L. & Gibson, Jonathan M.
- 990-996 Population heterogeneity in the impact of body weight on mortality
by Zheng, Hui & Yang, Yang
- 997-1005 Disaggregating Canadian immigrant smoking behaviour by country of birth
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Neligan, David
- 1006-1014 Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian Americans
by Zhang, Wei & Hong, Seunghye & Takeuchi, David T. & Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 1015-1021 Geographically-based discrimination is a social determinant of mental health in a deprived or stigmatized area in Japan: A cross-sectional study
by Tabuchi, Takahiro & Fukuhara, Hiroyuki & Iso, Hiroyasu
- 1022-1031 The role of geographic scale in testing the income inequality hypothesis as an explanation of health disparities
by Chen, Zhuo & Gotway Crawford, Carol A.
- 1032-1037 Weighing the contributions of material and social area deprivation to preterm birth
by Auger, Nathalie & Park, Alison L. & Gamache, Philippe & Pampalon, Robert & Daniel, Mark
- 1038-1047 Neighborhood-level stressors, social support, and diurnal patterns of cortisol: The Chicago Community Adult Health Study
by Karb, Rebecca A. & Elliott, Michael R. & Dowd, Jennifer B. & Morenoff, Jeffrey D.
- 1048-1056 Food outlet availability, deprivation and obesity in a multi-ethnic sample of pregnant women in Bradford, UK
by Fraser, L.K. & Edwards, K.L. & Tominitz, M. & Clarke, G.P. & Hill, A.J.
- 1057-1066 Building patient-centeredness: Hospital design as an interpretive act
by Bromley, Elizabeth
- 1067-1077 Vulnerability of indigenous health to climate change: A case study of Uganda's Batwa Pygmies
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Dingle, Kathryn & Ford, James D. & Lee, Celine & Lwasa, Shuaib & Namanya, Didas B. & Henderson, Jim & Llanos, Alejandro & Carcamo, Cesar & Edge, Victoria
- 1078-1087 Enhancing adolescent self-efficacy and collective efficacy through public engagement around HIV/AIDS competence: A multilevel, cluster randomized-controlled trial
by Carlson, Mary & Brennan, Robert T. & Earls, Felton
- 1088-1096 Explanatory models of diabetes in the U.S. and Mexico: The patient–provider gap and cultural competence
by Weller, Susan C. & Baer, Roberta D. & Garcia de Alba Garcia, Javier & Salcedo Rocha, Ana L.
- 1097-1105 Cruel disease, cruel medicine: Self-treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with harmful chemical substances in Suriname
by Ramdas, Sahienshadebie
- 1106-1113 Experiences of fathering a baby admitted to neonatal intensive care: A critical gender analysis
by Deeney, Kathleen & Lohan, Maria & Spence, Dale & Parkes, Jackie
- 1114-1121 The promotion of unhealthy habits in gay, lesbian, and straight intimate partnerships
by Reczek, Corinne
- 1122-1127 Effects of contact with treatment users on mental illness stigma: Evidence from university roommate assignments
by Eisenberg, Daniel & Downs, Marilyn F. & Golberstein, Ezra
- 1128-1133 Associations of physical symptoms with perceived need for and use of mental health services among Latino and Asian Americans
by Bauer, Amy M. & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 1134-1141 From cottage industry to a dominant mode of primary care: Stages in the diffusion of a health care innovation (retail clinics)
by McKinlay, John B. & Marceau, Lisa D.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 5
- 775-783 Medicalization and pharmaceuticalization at the intersections: Looking backward, sideways and forward
by Bell, Susan E. & Figert, Anne E.
- 784-794 Formulation of work stress in 1960–2000: Analysis of scientific works from the perspective of historical sociology
by Väänänen, Ari & Anttila, Erkko & Turtiainen, Jussi & Varje, Pekka
- 795-800 Intra-organizational dynamics as drivers of entrepreneurship among physicians and managers in hospitals of western countries
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 801-806 Cost-effectiveness analysis of human resources policy interventions to address the shortage of nurses in rural South Africa
by Lagarde, Mylene & Blaauw, Duane & Cairns, John
- 807-814 The struggle to improve patient care in the face of professional boundaries
by Powell, Alison E. & Davies, Huw T.O.
- 815-822 Moving towards culturally competent health systems: Organizational and market factors
by Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Elliott, Marc N. & Pradhan, Rohit & Schiller, Cameron & Dreachslin, Janice & Hays, Ron D.
- 823-827 The rights of psychiatric patients in China: A survey of medical staff and consumers' attitudes toward patient participation in clinical trials
by Su, Liang & Huang, Jingjing & Mellor, David & Yang, Weimin & McCabe, Marita & Shen, Yifeng & Li, Huafang & Wang, Weichun & Xu, Yifeng
- 828-835 Listening to the rural health workers in Papua New Guinea – The social factors that influence their motivation to work
by Razee, Husna & Whittaker, Maxine & Jayasuriya, Rohan & Yap, Lorraine & Brentnall, Lee
- 836-844 On ethical locations: The good death in Thailand, where ethics sit in places
by Stonington, Scott D.
- 845-853 Cultural differences affecting euthanasia practice in Belgium: One law but different attitudes and practices in Flanders and Wallonia
by Cohen, Joachim & Van Wesemael, Yanna & Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Deliens, Luc
- 854-858 Minority status and health information search: A test of the social diversification hypothesis
by Mesch, Gustavo & Mano, Rita & Tsamir, Judith
- 859-863 Unmet needs among disabled elderly Malaysians
by Momtaz, Yadollah Abolfathi & Hamid, Tengku Aizan & Ibrahim, Rahimah
- 864-872 One more chemo or one too many? Defining the limits of treatment and innovation in medical oncology
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 873-882 "They should take time": Disclosure of clinical trial results as part of a social relationship
by Sarradon-Eck, Aline & Sakoyan, Juliette & Desclaux, Alice & Mancini, Julien & Genre, Dominique & Julian-Reynier, Claire
- 883-891 Revisiting “her” infertility: Medicalized embodiment, self-identification and distress
by Johnson, Katherine M. & Fledderjohann, Jasmine
- 892-900 ‘Relax and take a deep breath’: Print media coverage of asthma and air pollution in the United States
by Mayer, Brian
- 901-904 Social network type and health-related behaviors: Evidence from an American national survey
by Shiovitz-Ezra, Sharon & Litwin, Howard
- 905-913 Socioeconomic equity in amenable mortality in Finland 1992–2008
by Lumme, Sonja & Sund, Reijo & Leyland, Alastair H. & Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 914-921 Environmental factors associated with primary care access among urban older adults
by Ryvicker, Miriam & Gallo, William T. & Fahs, Marianne C.
- 922-931 Racial/ethnic and gender differences in the association between self-reported experiences of racial/ethnic discrimination and inflammation in the CARDIA cohort of 4 US communities
by Cunningham, Timothy J. & Seeman, Teresa E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Jacobs, David R. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 932-939 The association between parent’s health and the educational attainment of their children
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B. & Miech, Richard A. & MacMillan, Ross & Shanahan, Michael J.
- 940-945 Gender differences on the impacts of social exclusion on mortality among older Japanese: AGES cohort study
by Saito, Masashige & Kondo, Naoki & Kondo, Katsunori & Ojima, Toshiyuki & Hirai, Hiroshi
- 946-953 Health effects of downsizing survival and job loss in Norway
by Østhus, Ståle
2012, Volume 75, Issue 4
- 589-594 Challenges to changing health behaviours in developing countries: A critical overview
by Aboud, Frances E. & Singla, Daisy R.
- 595-603 Health insurance and health-seeking behavior: Evidence from a randomized community-based insurance rollout in rural Burkina Faso
by Robyn, Paul Jacob & Fink, Günther & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 604-611 Interim evaluation of a large scale sanitation, hygiene and water improvement programme on childhood diarrhea and respiratory disease in rural Bangladesh
by Huda, Tarique Md. Nurul & Unicomb, Leanne & Johnston, Richard B. & Halder, Amal K. & Yushuf Sharker, Md. Abu & Luby, Stephen P.
- 612-621 Behaviour change communication targeting four health behaviours in developing countries: A review of change techniques
by Briscoe, Ciara & Aboud, Frances
- 622-633 Systematic review of behavior change research on point-of-use water treatment interventions in countries categorized as low- to medium-development on the human development index
by Parker Fiebelkorn, Amy & Person, Bobbie & Quick, Robert E. & Vindigni, Stephen M. & Jhung, Michael & Bowen, Anna & Riley, Patricia L.
- 634-642 Understanding why women adopt and sustain home water treatment: Insights from the Malawi antenatal care program
by Wood, Siri & Foster, Jennifer & Kols, Adrienne
- 643-650 Social communication network analysis of the role of participatory research in the adoption of new fish consumption behaviors
by Mertens, Frédéric & Saint-Charles, Johanne & Mergler, Donna
- 651-658 Caregivers' responses to an intervention to improve young child feeding behaviors in rural Bangladesh: A mixed method study of the facilitators and barriers to change
by Affleck, William & Pelto, Gretel
- 659-667 The influence of cognitive-perceptual variables on patterns of change over time in rural midlife and older women’s healthy eating
by Yates, Bernice C. & Pullen, Carol H. & Santo, Jonathan Bruce & Boeckner, Linda & Hageman, Patricia A. & Dizona, Paul J. & Walker, Susan Noble
- 668-675 Process assessment of a peer education programme for HIV prevention among sex workers in Dhaka, Bangladesh : A social support framework
by Sarafian, Isabelle
- 676-687 A meta-analysis of the efficacy of HIV/AIDS prevention interventions in Asia, 1995–2009
by Tan, Judy Y. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Warren, Michelle R. & Carey, Michael P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 688-698 A role for depression in sexual risk reduction for women? A meta-analysis of HIV prevention trials with depression outcomes
by Lennon, Carter A. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Gerwien, Daniel P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 699-708 Contextualization of HIV and HPV risk and prevention among Pacific Islander young adults in Southern California
by DiStefano, Anthony S. & Hui, Brian & Barrera-Ng, Angelica & Quitugua, Lourdes F. & Peters, Ruth & Dimaculangan, Jeany & Vunileva, Isileli & Tui'one, Vanessa & Takahashi, Lois M. & Tanjasiri, Sora Park
- 709-716 Women's childbirth preferences and practices in the United States
by Miller, Amy Chasteen & Shriver, Thomas E.
- 717-724 Leveraging the “living laboratory”: On the emergence of the entrepreneurial hospital
by French, Martin & Miller, Fiona Alice
- 725-732 IVF policy and global/local politics: The making of multiple-embryo transfer regulation in Taiwan
by Wu, Chia-Ling
- 733-737 High caesarean section rate in rural China: Is it related to health insurance (New Co-operative Medical Scheme)?
by Long, Qian & Klemetti, Reija & Wang, Yang & Tao, Fangbiao & Yan, Hong & Hemminki, Elina
- 738-746 Consumer preferences for household water treatment products in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Poulos, Christine & Yang, Jui-Chen & Patil, Sumeet R. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu & Wood, Siri & Goodyear, Lorelei & Gonzalez, Juan Marcos
- 747-751 Community-level socioeconomic status and parental smoking in Japan
by Takeuchi, Kenji & Aida, Jun & Morita, Manabu & Ando, Yuichi & Osaka, Ken
- 754-760 Correlation or causation? Income inequality and infant mortality in fixed effects models in the period 1960–2008 in 34 OECD countries
by Avendano, Mauricio
- 761-769 The persistence of health inequalities in modern welfare states: The explanation of a paradox
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 439-451 Effect of unequal employment status on workers’ health: Results from a Japanese national survey
by Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Inoue, Mariko & Yano, Eiji
- 459-468 Birthweight of children of immigrants by maternal duration of residence in the United States
by Teitler, Julien O. & Hutto, Nathan & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 469-476 Ethnic disparities in adolescent body mass index in the United States: The role of parental socioeconomic status and economic contextual factors
by Powell, Lisa M. & Wada, Roy & Krauss, Ramona C. & Wang, Youfa
- 477-481 Family income and childhood obesity in eight European cities: The mediating roles of Neighborhood characteristics and physical activity
by Evans, Gary W. & Jones-Rounds, McKenzie L. & Belojevic, Goran & Vermeylen, Francoise
- 482-490 Associations of economic and gender inequality with global obesity prevalence: Understanding the female excess
by Wells, Jonathan C.K. & Marphatia, Akanksha A. & Cole, Tim J. & McCoy, David
- 491-495 Residential property values are associated with obesity among women in King County, WA, USA
by Rehm, Colin D. & Moudon, Anne V. & Hurvitz, Philip M. & Drewnowski, Adam
- 496-504 Parental employment and work-family stress: Associations with family food environments
by Bauer, Katherine W. & Hearst, Mary O. & Escoto, Kamisha & Berge, Jerica M. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 505-510 Measuring the payback of research activities: A feasible ex-post evaluation methodology in epidemiology and public health
by Aymerich, Marta & Carrion, Carme & Gallo, Pedro & Garcia, Maria & López-Bermejo, Abel & Quesada, Miquel & Ramos, Rafel
- 511-515 Performance of female volunteer community health workers in Dhaka urban slums
by Alam, Khurshid & Tasneem, Sakiba & Oliveras, Elizabeth
- 516-525 “911” among West African immigrants in New York City: A qualitative study of parents' disciplinary practices and their perceptions of child welfare authorities
by Rasmussen, Andrew & Akinsulure-Smith, Adeyinka & Chu, Tracy & Keatley, Eva
- 526-530 Transition to retirement and risk of cardiovascular disease: Prospective analysis of the US health and retirement study
by Moon, J. Robin & Glymour, M. Maria & Subramanian, S.V. & Avendaño, Mauricio & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 531-537 Revealing mental health status in Iran's capital: Putting equity and efficiency together
by Morasae, Esmaeil Khedmati & Forouzan, Ameneh Setareh & Asadi-Lari, Mohsen & Majdzadeh, Reza
- 538-547 “From this place and of this place:” Climate change, sense of place, and health in Nunatsiavut, Canada
by Cunsolo Willox, Ashlee & Harper, Sherilee L. & Ford, James D. & Landman, Karen & Houle, Karen & Edge, Victoria L.
- 548-554 Haunted by ghosts: Prevalence, predictors and outcomes of spirit possession experiences among former child soldiers and war-affected civilians in Northern Uganda
by Neuner, Frank & Pfeiffer, Anett & Schauer-Kaiser, Elisabeth & Odenwald, Michael & Elbert, Thomas & Ertl, Verena
- 555-564 Idioms of distress, ethnopsychology, and the clinical encounter in Haiti's Central Plateau
by Keys, Hunter M. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Khoury, Nayla M. & Brewster, Aimée-Rika T.
- 565-572 Cooking with biomass increases the risk of depression in pre-menopausal women in India
by Banerjee, Madhuchhanda & Siddique, Shabana & Dutta, Anindita & Mukherjee, Bidisha & Ranjan Ray, Manas
- 573-580 The recovery imperative: A critical examination of mid-life women's recovery from depression
by O'Brien, Wendy
- 581-588 Challenging claims that mental illness has been increasing and mental well-being declining
by Busfield, Joan
2012, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 249-256 Cultural competence and evidence-based practice in mental health: Epistemic communities and the politics of pluralism
by Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 257-263 Patients' willingness and ability to participate actively in the reduction of clinical errors: A systematic literature review
by Doherty, Carole & Stavropoulou, Charitini
- 264-268 Care pathways lead to better teamwork: Results of a systematic review
by Deneckere, Svin & Euwema, Martin & Van Herck, Pieter & Lodewijckx, Cathy & Panella, Massimiliano & Sermeus, Walter & Vanhaecht, Kris
- 269-273 The health care access and utilization of homeschooled children in the United States
by Cordner, Alissa
- 274-282 Health programs struggling with complexity: A case study of the Dutch ‘PreCare’ project
by Wehrens, Rik & Bal, Roland
- 283-287 Regional differences in HIV prevalence and individual attitudes among service providers in China
by Li, Li & Lin, Chunqing & Wu, Zunyou & Scott Comulada, W. & Ding, Yingying
- 288-296 Trans-local ties, local ties and psychological well-being among rural-to-urban migrants in Shanghai
by Jin, Lei & Wen, Ming & Fan, Jessie X. & Wang, Guixin
- 297-299 Residual stigma: Psychological distress among the formerly overweight
by Levy, Becca R. & Pilver, Corey E.
- 300-310 Durational and generational differences in Mexican immigrant obesity: Is acculturation the explanation?
by Creighton, Mathew J. & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Chung, Chang Y.
- 311-322 Weight of communities: A multilevel analysis of body mass index in 32,814 neighborhoods in 57 low- to middle-income countries (LMICs)
by Corsi, Daniel J. & Finlay, Jocelyn E. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 323-330 Breastfeeding and risk of overweight and obesity at nine-years of age
by McCrory, Cathal & Layte, Richard
- 331-339 Linkages between maternal education and childhood immunization in India
by Vikram, Kriti & Vanneman, Reeve & Desai, Sonalde
- 340-348 Social capital and self-rated health – A study of temporal (causal) relationships
by Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola & Björk, Jonas & Lindström, Martin
- 349-357 Individual social capital, neighbourhood deprivation, and self-rated health in England
by Verhaeghe, Pieter-Paul & Tampubolon, Gindo
- 358-366 Towards a reassessment of the role of divorce in suicide outcomes: Evidence from five pacific rim populations
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Chen, Ying-Yeh & Yousuf, Saman & Lee, Carmen K.M. & Kawano, Kenji & Routley, Virginia & Ben Park, B.C. & Yamauchi, Takashi & Tachimori, Hisateru & Clapperton, Angela & Wu, Kevin Chien-Chang
- 367-376 Risk as feelings in the effect of patient outcomes on physicians' future treatment decisions: A randomized trial and manipulation validation
by Hemmerich, Joshua A. & Elstein, Arthur S. & Schwarze, Margaret L. & Moliski, Elizabeth Ghini & Dale, William
- 377-383 Why performance-based contracting failed in Uganda – An “open-box” evaluation of a complex health system intervention
by Ssengooba, Freddie & McPake, Barbara & Palmer, Natasha
- 384-391 The decision to vaccinate a child: An economic perspective from southern Malawi
by Holte, Jon H. & Mæstad, Ottar & Jani, Jagrati V.
- 392-400 Water insecurity in 3 dimensions: An anthropological perspective on water and women's psychosocial distress in Ethiopia
by Stevenson, Edward G.J. & Greene, Leslie E. & Maes, Kenneth C. & Ambelu, Argaw & Tesfaye, Yihenew Alemu & Rheingans, Richard & Hadley, Craig
- 401-409 Class, gender and culture in the experience of menopause. A comparative survey in Tunisia and France
by Delanoë, Daniel & Hajri, Selma & Bachelot, Annie & Mahfoudh Draoui, Dorra & Hassoun, Danielle & Marsicano, Elise & Ringa, Virginie
- 410-418 Representations of MDR and XDR-TB in South African newspapers
by Daku, Mark & Gibbs, Andrew & Heymann, Jody
- 419-428 Suicide communication events: Lay interpretation of the communication of suicidal ideation and intent
by Owen, Gareth & Belam, Judith & Lambert, Helen & Donovan, Jenny & Rapport, Frances & Owens, Christabel
- 429-437 The possibilities of technology in shaping healthcare professionals: (Re/De-)Professionalisation of pharmacists in England
by Petrakaki, Dimitra & Barber, Nick & Waring, Justin
2012, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-9 Whiners and deniers – What does self-rated health measure?
by Layes, Audrey & Asada, Yukiko & Kephart, George
- 14-22 The journals are full of great studies but can we believe the statistics? Revisiting the Mass Privatisation – Mortality Debate
by Gerry, Christopher J.
- 36-45 Do people die from income inequality of a decade ago?
by Zheng, Hui
- 46-59 Meta-analysis of marital dissolution and mortality: Reevaluating the intersection of gender and age
by Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J. & Bugyi, Paul & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 60-68 Macro-level gender equality and alcohol consumption: A multi-level analysis across U.S. States
by Roberts, Sarah C.M.
- 69-76 Does school ethos explain the relationship between value-added education and teenage substance use? A cohort study
by Markham, Wolfgang A. & Young, Robert & Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick & Aveyard, Paul
- 77-86 A cross-sectional exploration of smoking status and social interaction in a large population-based Australian cohort
by Chiew, May & Weber, Marianne F. & Egger, Sam & Sitas, Freddy
- 87-97 A best–worst scaling survey of adolescents' level of concern for health and non-health consequences of smoking
by Marti, Joachim
- 98-108 Multiple risk behaviors and suicidal ideation and behavior among Israeli and Palestinian adolescents
by Harel-Fisch, Yossi & Abdeen, Ziad & Walsh, Sophie D. & Radwan, Qasrowi & Fogel-Grinvald, Haya
- 109-119 Bigger bodies: Long-term trends and disparities in obesity and body-mass index among U.S. adults, 1960–2008
by Ljungvall, Åsa & Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 120-128 Heterogeneity of income and lifestyle determinants of body weight among adult women in Mexico, 2006
by Colchero, M.A. & Sosa-Rubí, S.G.
- 129-137 Use of the Yitzhaki Index as a test of relative deprivation for health outcomes: A review of recent literature
by Adjaye-Gbewonyo, Kafui & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 138-147 A perverse ‘net’ effect? Health insurance and ex-ante moral hazard in Ghana
by Yilma, Zelalem & van Kempen, Luuk & de Hoop, Thomas
- 148-155 Representations and uses of emergency contraception in West Africa. A social anthropological reading of a northern medicinal product
by Teixeira, Maria & Guillaume, Agnès & Ferrand, Michèle & Adjamabgo, Agnès & Bajos, Nathalie
- 156-164 The relationship between state abortion-restrictions and homicide deaths among children under 5 years of age: A longitudinal study
by Sen, Bisakha & Wingate, Martha Slay & Kirby, Russell
- 165-170 Pharmacovigilance in Europe and North America: Divergent approaches
by Wiktorowicz, Mary & Lexchin, Joel & Moscou, Kathy
- 171-178 Understanding similarities in the local implementation of a healthy environment programme: Insights from policy studies
by Clavier, Carole & Gendron, Sylvie & Lamontagne, Lise & Potvin, Louise
- 179-185 Predictors of and health services utilization related to depressive symptoms among elderly Koreans
by Shin, Jin Hee & Do, Young Kyung & Maselko, Joanna & Brouwer, Rebecca J.N. & Song, Sang Wook & Østbye, Truls
- 186-192 Assessment of the sunk-cost effect in clinical decision-making
by Braverman, Jennifer A. & Blumenthal-Barby, J.S.
- 193-199 Governing the moral economy: Animal engineering, ethics and the liberal government of science
by Harvey, Alison & Salter, Brian
- 200-207 Governing at a distance: Social marketing and the (bio) politics of responsibility
by Crawshaw, Paul
- 208-216 From silence to sensitivity: A new Identity Disclosure model to facilitate disclosure for same-sex attracted women in general practice consultations
by McNair, Ruth Patricia & Hegarty, Kelsey & Taft, Angela
- 217-224 Acceptance of dying: A discourse analysis of palliative care literature
by Zimmermann, Camilla
- 225-232 Place-specific constructs of social capital and their possible associations to health: A Japanese case study
by Hanibuchi, Tomoya & Murata, Yohei & Ichida, Yukinobu & Hirai, Hiroshi & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kondo, Katsunori
- 233-239 Towards a differentiated understanding of active travel behaviour: Using social theory to explore everyday commuting
by Guell, C. & Panter, J. & Jones, N.R. & Ogilvie, D.
- 240-247 Is travel-time to a specialist centre a risk factor for non-referral, non-attendance and loss to follow-up among patients with hepatitis C (HCV) infection?
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul & Dillon, John
2012, Volume 74, Issue 12
- 1843-1850 The unbearable lightness of citizens within public deliberation processes
by Lehoux, P. & Daudelin, G. & Abelson, J.
- 1856-1863 Is harm reduction profitable? An analytical framework for corporate social responsibility based on an epidemic model of addictive consumption
by Massin, Sophie
- 1864-1873 The role of family incomes in cigarette smoking: Evidence from French students
by Ben Lakhdar, Christian & Cauchie, Grégoire & Vaillant, Nicolas Gérard & Wolff, François-Charles
- 1874-1881 Supplemental nutrition assistance program and body weight outcomes: The role of economic contextual factors
by Han, Euna & Powell, Lisa M. & Isgor, Zeynep
- 1882-1890 What impact does contact with the prenatal care system have on women’s use of facility delivery? Evidence from low-income countries
by Guliani, Harminder & Sepehri, Ardeshir & Serieux, John
- 1891-1899 Social relationships and inflammatory markers: An analysis of Taiwan and the U.S
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Ryff, Carol D. & Lin, Yu-Hsuan & Weinstein, Maxine
- 1900-1910 Using quantile regression to examine the effects of inequality across the mortality distribution in the U.S. counties
by Yang, Tse-Chuan & Chen, Vivian Yi-Ju & Shoff, Carla & Matthews, Stephen A.
- 1911-1920 The length of unemployment predicts mortality, differently in men and women, and by cause of death: A six year mortality follow-up of the Swedish 1992–1996 recession
by Garcy, Anthony M. & Vågerö, Denny
- 1921-1928 Comparing the socioeconomic status – Health gradient among adults 50 and older across rural and urban areas of Thailand in 1994 and 2007
by Zimmer, Zachary & Prachuabmoh, Vipan
- 1929-1938 Healthy travel and the socio-economic structure of car commuting in Cambridge, UK: A mixed-methods analysis
by Goodman, Anna & Guell, Cornelia & Panter, Jenna & Jones, Natalia R. & Ogilvie, David
- 1939-1947 Family functioning as a mediator between neighborhood conditions and children's health: Evidence from a national survey in the United States
by Fan, Yingling & Chen, Qian
- 1948-1951 Socioeconomic status and cell aging in children
by Needham, Belinda L. & Fernandez, Jose R. & Lin, Jue & Epel, Elissa S. & Blackburn, Elizabeth H.
- 1952-1960 Social network influences on adolescent substance use: Disentangling structural equivalence from cohesion
by Fujimoto, Kayo & Valente, Thomas W.
- 1961-1967 Maternal religious attendance and low birth weight
by Burdette, Amy M. & Weeks, Janet & Hill, Terrence D. & Eberstein, Isaac W.
- 1968-1978 Decision aid tools to support women's decision making in pregnancy and birth: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Dugas, Marylène & Shorten, Allison & Dubé, Eric & Wassef, Maggy & Bujold, Emmanuel & Chaillet, Nils
- 1979-1986 Childhood family income and life outcomes in adulthood: Findings from a 30-year longitudinal study in New Zealand
by Gibb, Sheree J. & Fergusson, David M. & Horwood, L. John
- 1987-1994 Beyond normality in the study of bereavement: Heterogeneity in depression outcomes following loss in older adults
by Galatzer-Levy, Isaac R. & Bonanno, George A.
- 1995-2004 The long-term impact of war on health and wellbeing in Northern Vietnam: Some glimpses from a recent survey
by Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Korinek, Kim
- 2005-2011 Impact of war, religiosity and ideology on PTSD and psychiatric disorders in adolescents from Gaza Strip and South Lebanon
by Khamis, Vivian
- 2012-2019 Food insecurity, depression and the modifying role of social support among people living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Hunt, Peter W. & Muzoora, Conrad & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 2020-2027 Stress associated with caregiving: An examination of the stress process model among Kenyan Luo elders
by Ice, Gillian H. & Sadruddin, Aalyia F.A. & Vagedes, Amy & Yogo, Jaja & Juma, Elizabeth
- 2028-2036 ‘Dying from’ to ‘living with’: Framing institutions and the coping processes of African American women living with HIV/AIDS
by Watkins-Hayes, Celeste & Pittman-Gay, LaShawnDa & Beaman, Jean
- 2037-2045 Pathways to care: Narratives of American Indian adolescents entering substance abuse treatment
by Novins, Douglas K. & Spicer, Paul & Fickenscher, Alexandra & Pescosolido, Bernice
- 2046-2052 Alienating evidence based medicine vs. innovative medical device marketing: A report on the evidence debate at a Wounds conference
by Madden, Mary
2012, Volume 74, Issue 11
- 1667-1674 Autism spectrum disorders: Toward a gendered embodiment model
by Cheslack-Postava, Keely & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1675-1683 Gender, health and theory: Conceptualizing the issue, in local and world perspective
by Connell, Raewyn
- 1684-1692 Sexing the baby: Part 1 – What do we really know about sex differentiation in the first three years of life?
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meghan
- 1693-1702 Sexing the baby: Part 2 applying dynamic systems theory to the emergences of sex-related differences in infants and toddlers
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meaghan
- 1703-1711 The multidimensional relationship between early adult body weight and women’s childbearing experiences
by Frisco, Michelle L. & Weden, Margaret M. & Lippert, Adam M. & Burnett, Kristin D.
- 1712-1720 Women’s health, men’s health, and gender and health: Implications of intersectionality
by Hankivsky, Olena
- 1721-1728 The “new masculinity”: Addiction treatment as a reconstruction of gender in Puerto Rican evangelist street ministries
by Hansen, Helena
- 1729-1737 Sexuality and the limits of agency among South African teenage women: Theorising femininities and their connections to HIV risk practises
by Jewkes, R. & Morrell, R.
- 1738-1744 Hormones, context, and “Brain Gender”: A review of evidence from congenital adrenal hyperplasia
by Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1745-1753 The global reproductive health market: U.S. media framings and public discourses about transnational surrogacy
by Markens, Susan
- 1754-1764 Feeding her children, but risking her health: The intersection of gender, household food insecurity and obesity
by Martin, Molly A. & Lippert, Adam M.
- 1765-1773 The “knucklehead” approach and what matters in terms of health for formerly incarcerated Latino men
by Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Perry, Ashley & Bobet, Ilka & Bobet, Santos & Ramos, Hector & Quiñones, Francisco & Lloyd, Kaity
- 1774-1782 “They arrested me for loving a schoolgirl”: Ethnography, HIV, and a feminist assessment of the age of consent law as a gender-based structural intervention in Uganda
by Parikh, Shanti A.
- 1783-1790 Gender, health behavior, and intimate relationships: Lesbian, gay, and straight contexts
by Reczek, Corinne & Umberson, Debra
- 1791-1801 Triple jeopardy? Mental health at the intersection of gender, race, and class
by Rosenfield, Sarah
- 1802-1811 Who gains, who loses and how: Leveraging gender and class intersections to secure health entitlements
by Sen, Gita & Iyer, Aditi
- 1812-1816 Towards the inclusion of gender and sex in health research and funding: An institutional perspective
by Sharman, Zena & Johnson, Joy
- 1817-1824 Beyond a catalogue of differences: A theoretical frame and good practice guidelines for researching sex/gender in human health
by Springer, Kristen W. & Mager Stellman, Jeanne & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1825-1832 Intersectionality and gender mainstreaming in international health: Using a feminist participatory action research process to analyse voices and debates from the global south and north
by Tolhurst, Rachel & Leach, Beryl & Price, Janet & Robinson, Jude & Ettore, Elizabeth & Scott-Samuel, Alex & Kilonzo, Nduku & Sabuni, Louis P. & Robertson, Steve & Kapilashrami, Anuj & Bristow, Katie & Lang, Raymond & Romao, Francelina & Theobald, Sally
- 1833-1841 Mississippi front-line recovery work after Hurricane Katrina: An analysis of the intersections of gender, race, and class in advocacy, power relations, and health
by Weber, Lynn & Hilfinger Messias, DeAnne K.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 10
- 1477-1485 Limits to evidence-based health policymaking: Policy hurdles to structural HIV prevention in Tanzania
by Hunsmann, Moritz
- 1486-1493 ‘Worse than HIV’ or ‘not as serious as other diseases’? Conceptualization of cervical cancer among newly screened women in Zambia
by White, Heather L. & Mulambia, Chishimba & Sinkala, Moses & Mwanahamuntu, Mulindi H. & Parham, Groesbeck P. & Moneyham, Linda & Grimley, Diane M. & Chamot, Eric
- 1494-1503 Psychosocial support intervention for HIV-affected families in Haiti: Implications for programs and policies for orphans and vulnerable children
by Smith Fawzi, Mary C. & Eustache, Eddy & Oswald, Catherine & Louis, Ermaze & Surkan, Pamela J. & Scanlan, Fiona & Hook, Sarah & Mancuso, Anna & Mukherjee, Joia S.
- 1504-1511 Interrelatedness of child health, protection and well-being: An application of the SAFE model in Rwanda
by Betancourt, Theresa S. & Williams, Timothy P. & Kellner, Sarah E. & Gebre-Medhin, Joy & Hann, Katrina & Kayiteshonga, Yvonne
- 1512-1519 HIV and tuberculosis: The construction and management of double stigma
by Daftary, Amrita
- 1520-1527 Attitudes and beliefs related to HIV/AIDS in urban religious congregations: Barriers and opportunities for HIV-related interventions
by Bluthenthal, Ricky N. & Palar, Kartika & Mendel, Peter & Kanouse, David E. & Corbin, Dennis E. & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin
- 1528-1535 ‘As a clinician, you are not managing lab results, you are managing the patient’: How the enactment of malaria at health facilities in Cameroon compares with new WHO guidelines for the use of malaria tests
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Mangham, Lindsay & Njei, Abanda Ngu & Achonduh, Olivia & Mbacham, Wilfred F. & Wiseman, Virginia
- 1536-1543 The decision-making process of genetically at-risk couples considering preimplantation genetic diagnosis: Initial findings from a grounded theory study
by Hershberger, Patricia E. & Gallo, Agatha M. & Kavanaugh, Karen & Olshansky, Ellen & Schwartz, Alan & Tur-Kaspa, Ilan
- 1544-1551 Picturing obesity: Analyzing the social epidemiology of obesity conveyed through US news media images
by Gollust, Sarah E. & Eboh, Ijeoma & Barry, Colleen L.
- 1552-1559 ‘A real man smells of tobacco smoke’—Chinese youth's interpretation of smoking imagery in film
by Davey, Gareth & Zhao, Xiang
- 1560-1569 Trauma and suicide behaviour histories among a Canadian indigenous population: An empirical exploration of the potential role of Canada's residential school system
by Elias, Brenda & Mignone, Javier & Hall, Madelyn & Hong, Say P. & Hart, Lyna & Sareen, Jitender
- 1570-1577 Quality or quantity? Exploring the relationship between Public Open Space attributes and mental health in Perth, Western Australia
by Francis, Jacinta & Wood, Lisa J. & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 1578-1583 Socioeconomic position and physical activity among women in Melbourne, Australia: Does the use of different socioeconomic indicators matter?
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1584-1590 Social disorder, APOE-E4 genotype, and change in cognitive function among older adults living in Chicago
by Boardman, Jason D. & Barnes, Lisa L. & Wilson, Robert S. & Evans, Denis A. & de Leon, Carlos F. Mendes
- 1591-1601 A study of environmental influences on the well-being of individuals with psychiatric disabilities in Philadelphia, PA
by Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S.
- 1602-1609 OxyContin® as currency: OxyContin® use and increased social capital among rural Appalachian drug users
by Jonas, Adam B. & Young, April M. & Oser, Carrie B. & Leukefeld, Carl G. & Havens, Jennifer R.
- 1610-1621 Revisiting the immigrant paradox in reproductive health: The roles of duration of residence and ethnicity
by Urquia, Marcelo L. & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Heaman, Maureen I.
- 1622-1629 Health across early childhood and socioeconomic status: Examining the moderating effects of differential parenting
by Browne, Dillon T. & Jenkins, Jennifer M.
- 1630-1638 Socioeconomic disadvantage in adolescent women and metabolic syndrome in mid-adulthood: An examination of pathways of embodiment in the Northern Swedish Cohort
by Gustafsson, Per E. & Hammarström, Anne
- 1639-1643 Trust, self-rated health and mortality: A longitudinal study among ageing people in Southern Finland
by Nummela, Olli & Raivio, Risto & Uutela, Antti
- 1644-1651 The effect of differential eligibility for free GP services on GP utilisation in Ireland
by Nolan, Anne & Smith, Samantha
- 1652-1659 Residents' perceptions of effective community representation in local health decision-making
by Chung, Phillip & Grogan, Colleen M. & Mosley, Jennifer E.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 9
- 1311-1323 Vaginal practices as women's agency in Sub-Saharan Africa: A synthesis of meaning and motivation through meta-ethnography
by Martin Hilber, Adriane & Kenter, Elise & Redmond, Shelagh & Merten, Sonja & Bagnol, Brigitte & Low, Nicola & Garside, Ruth
- 1324-1330 Civil unrest and birthweight: An exploratory analysis of the 2007/2008 Kenyan Crisis
by Bell, Suzanne & Prata, Ndola & Lahiff, Maureen & Eskenazi, Brenda
- 1331-1341 Waiting times and socioeconomic status: Evidence from England
by Laudicella, Mauro & Siciliani, Luigi & Cookson, Richard
- 1342-1352 Untangling the associations among distrust, race, and neighborhood social environment: A social disorganization perspective
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 1353-1361 The health implications of civic association in Russia
by Javeline, Debra & Brooks, Elizabeth
- 1362-1367 Network social capital, social participation, and physical inactivity in an urban adult population
by Legh-Jones, Hannah & Moore, Spencer
- 1368-1374 ‘On the street where you live’: Neighbourhood deprivation and quality of life among community-dwelling older people in Edinburgh, Scotland
by Mõttus, René & Gale, Catharine R. & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J.
- 1375-1384 Associations between perceived neighborhood environmental attributes and adults’ sedentary behavior: Findings from the USA, Australia and Belgium
by Van Dyck, Delfien & Cerin, Ester & Conway, Terry L. & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Owen, Neville & Kerr, Jacqueline & Cardon, Greet & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Sallis, James F.
- 1385-1393 Does SES explain more of the black/white health gap than we thought? Revisiting our approach toward understanding racial disparities in health
by Do, D. Phuong & Frank, Reanne & Finch, Brian Karl
- 1394-1401 Individual- and area-level unemployment influence smoking cessation among African Americans participating in a randomized clinical trial
by Kendzor, Darla E. & Reitzel, Lorraine R. & Mazas, Carlos A. & Cofta-Woerpel, Ludmila M. & Cao, Yumei & Ji, Lingyun & Costello, Tracy J. & Vidrine, Jennifer Irvin & Businelle, Michael S. & Li, Yisheng & Castro, Yessenia & Ahluwalia, Jasjit S. & Cinciripini, Paul M. & Wetter, David W.
- 1402-1406 Does the association between smoking and mortality differ by educational level?
by Charafeddine, Rana & Van Oyen, Herman & Demarest, Stefaan
- 1407-1417 Social integration in friendship networks: The synergy of network structure and peer influence in relation to cigarette smoking among high risk adolescents
by Lakon, Cynthia M. & Valente, Thomas W.
- 1418-1425 Tracing the origins of successful aging: The role of childhood conditions and social inequality in explaining later life health
by Brandt, Martina & Deindl, Christian & Hank, Karsten
- 1426-1434 Fiscal decentralisation and infant mortality rate: The Colombian case
by Soto, Victoria Eugenia & Farfan, Maria Isabel & Lorant, Vincent
- 1435-1443 Risk and protective factors for depression symptoms among children affected by HIV/AIDS in rural China: A structural equation modeling analysis
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Barnett, Douglas & Zhao, Guoxiang & Zhao, Junfeng & Stanton, Bonita
- 1444-1451 Longitudinal effects of health-harming and health-protective behaviors within adolescent romantic dyads
by Aalsma, Matthew C. & Carpentier, Melissa Y. & Azzouz, Faouzi & Fortenberry, J. Dennis
- 1452-1460 Adolescent expectations of early death predict young adult socioeconomic status
by Nguyen, Quynh C. & Hussey, Jon M. & Halpern, Carolyn T. & Villaveces, Andres & Marshall, Stephen W. & Siddiqi, Arjumand & Poole, Charles
- 1461-1468 Does attachment insecurity affect the outcomes of a multidisciplinary pain management program? The association between attachment insecurity, pain, disability, distress, and the use of opioids
by Andersen, Tonny Elmose
2012, Volume 74, Issue 8
- 1146-1154 Subjective social status and psychosocial and metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease among African Americans in the Jackson Heart Study
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Sims, Mario & Taylor, Herman A. & Williams, David R. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1155-1162 Beyond the barriers: Racial discrimination and use of complementary and alternative medicine among Black Americans
by Shippee, Tetyana Pylypiv & Schafer, Markus H. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 1163-1171 Internal displacement and health among the Palestinian minority in Israel
by Daoud, Nihaya & Shankardass, Ketan & O’Campo, Patricia & Anderson, Kim & Agbaria, Ayman K.
- 1172-1179 Gender-based violence and socioeconomic inequalities: Does living in more deprived neighbourhoods increase women’s risk of intimate partner violence?
by Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Heise, Lori & Zimmerman, Cathy & Gouveia, Nelson & Watts, Charlotte
- 1180-1192 A photovoice documentation of the role of neighborhood physical and social environments in older adults’ physical activity in two metropolitan areas in North America
by Mahmood, Atiya & Chaudhury, Habib & Michael, Yvonne L. & Campo, Michael & Hay, Kara & Sarte, Ann
- 1193-1203 The role of local food availability in explaining obesity risk among young school-aged children
by Lee, Helen
- 1204-1212 Do neighborhoods affect individual mortality? A systematic review and meta-analysis of multilevel studies
by Meijer, Mathias & Röhl, Jeannette & Bloomfield, Kim & Grittner, Ulrike
- 1213-1223 Mortality differences between the foreign-born and locally-born population in France (2004–2007)
by Boulogne, Roxane & Jougla, Eric & Breem, Yves & Kunst, Anton E. & Rey, Grégoire
- 1224-1231 Are recessions really good for your health? Evidence from Canada
by Ariizumi, Hideki & Schirle, Tammy
- 1232-1239 Spatial modeling of households’ knowledge about arsenic pollution in Bangladesh
by Sarker, M. Mizanur Rahman
- 1240-1250 Neighborhood drug markets: A risk environment for bacterial sexually transmitted infections among urban youth
by Jennings, Jacky M. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Salhi, Rama A. & Furr-Holden, C. Debra M. & Ellen, Jonathan M.
- 1251-1260 Addiction, agency, and the politics of self-control: Doing harm reduction in a heroin users’ group
by Gowan, Teresa & Whetstone, Sarah & Andic, Tanja
- 1261-1268 Adapting the minority stress model: Associations between gender non-conformity stigma, HIV-related stigma and depression among men who have sex with men in South India
by Logie, Carmen H. & Newman, Peter A. & Chakrapani, Venkatesan & Shunmugam, Murali
- 1269-1273 Graphic warning labels on plain cigarette packs: Will they make a difference to adolescents?
by McCool, Judith & Webb, Lisa & Cameron, Linda D. & Hoek, Janet
- 1274-1281 Frames and counter-frames giving meaning to dementia: A framing analysis of media content
by Van Gorp, Baldwin & Vercruysse, Tom
- 1282-1287 Medical end-of-life decisions: Does its use differ in vulnerable patient groups? A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Rietjens, Judith A.C. & Deschepper, Reginald & Pasman, Roeline & Deliens, Luc
- 1288-1296 Community mobilization to reduce postpartum hemorrhage in home births in northern Nigeria
by Prata, Ndola & Ejembi, Clara & Fraser, Ashley & Shittu, Oladapo & Minkler, Meredith
- 1297-1304 Knowledge mobilisation in healthcare: A critical review of health sector and generic management literature
by Ferlie, Ewan & Crilly, Tessa & Jashapara, Ashok & Peckham, Anna
- 1305-1309 Assessing public attitudes on the retention and use of residual newborn screening blood samples: A focus group study
by Rothwell, Erin & Anderson, Rebecca & Goldenberg, Aaron & Lewis, Michelle H. & Stark, Louisa & Burbank, Matthew & Wong, Bob & Botkin, Jeffrey R.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 7
- 949-957 Psychological pathways linking social support to health outcomes: A visit with the “ghosts” of research past, present, and future
by Uchino, Bert N. & Bowen, Kimberly & Carlisle, McKenzie & Birmingham, Wendy
- 958-965 Stress and health-related well-being among mothers with a low birth weight infant: The role of sleep
by Lee, Shih-Yu & Hsu, Hui-Chin
- 966-972 To have or not to have another child: Life cycle, health and cost considerations of Ghanaian women
by Kodzi, Ivy A. & Johnson, David R. & Casterline, John B.
- 973-981 The impact of birthplace on women’s birth experiences and perceptions of care
by Overgaard, Charlotte & Fenger-Grøn, Morten & Sandall, Jane
- 982-988 Decreased births among black female adolescents following school desegregation
by Liu, Sze Yan & Linkletter, Crystal D. & Loucks, Eric B. & Glymour, M. Maria & Buka, Stephen L.
- 989-996 Encouraging maternal health service utilization: An evaluation of the Bangladesh voucher program
by Nguyen, Ha T.H. & Hatt, Laurel & Islam, Mursaleena & Sloan, Nancy L. & Chowdhury, Jamil & Schmidt, Jean-Olivier & Hossain, Atia & Wang, Hong
- 997-1004 Interpretations of informed choice in antenatal screening: A cross-cultural, Q-methodology study
by Ahmed, Shenaz & Bryant, Louise D. & Tizro, Zahra & Shickle, Darren
- 1005-1012 “Because he has bought for her, he wants to sleep with her”: Alcohol as a currency for sexual exchange in South African drinking venues
by Watt, Melissa H. & Aunon, Frances M. & Skinner, Donald & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Pieterse, Desiree
- 1013-1020 “I'm too used to it”: A longitudinal qualitative study of third year female medical students' experiences of gendered encounters in medical education
by Babaria, Palav & Abedin, Sakena & Berg, David & Nunez-Smith, Marcella
- 1021-1028 Disciplined doctors: The electronic medical record and physicians' changing relationship to medical knowledge
by Reich, Adam
- 1029-1036 Medical pluralism and medical marginality: Bone doctors and the selective legitimation of therapeutic expertise in India
by Lambert, Helen
- 1037-1044 The ambivalence of stigma and the double-edged sword of HIV/AIDS intervention in Burkina Faso
by Gausset, Quentin & Mogensen, Hanne Overgaard & Yameogo, Wambi Maurice Evariste & Berthé, Abdramane & Konaté, Blahima
- 1045-1052 ‘Everybody is moving on’: Infertility, relationality and the aesthetics of family among British-Pakistani Muslims
by Hampshire, Katherine R. & Blell, Mwenza T. & Simpson, Bob
- 1053-1061 Is parental socio-economic status related to the initiation of substance abuse by young people in an English city? An event history analysis
by Sutherland, Alex
- 1062-1072 Effects of length of stay and language proficiency on health care experiences among Immigrants in Canada and the United States
by Lebrun, Lydie A.
- 1073-1081 Obesity, SES, and economic development: A test of the reversal hypothesis
by Pampel, Fred C. & Denney, Justin T. & Krueger, Patrick M.
- 1082-1090 Place matters: Neighborhood deprivation and cardiometabolic risk factors in the Diabetes Study of Northern California (DISTANCE)
by Laraia, Barbara A. & Karter, Andrew J. & Warton, E. Margaret & Schillinger, Dean & Moffet, Howard H. & Adler, Nancy
- 1091-1098 Income inequality and self-rated health in Stockholm, Sweden: A test of the ‘income inequality hypothesis’ on two levels of aggregation
by Rostila, Mikael & Kölegård, Maria L. & Fritzell, Johan
- 1099-1106 Multilevel analysis of income, income inequalities and health in Spain
by Karlsdotter, Kristina & Martín Martín, José J. & López del Amo González, M. Puerto
- 1107-1116 Marital dissolution and self-rated health: Age trajectories and birth cohort variations
by Liu, Hui
- 1117-1124 Comparing self-rated health and self-assessed change in health in a longitudinal survey: Which is more valid?
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 1125-1129 Aspirin use and cardiovascular events in social networks
by Strully, Kate W. & Fowler, James H. & Murabito, Joanne M. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Levy, Daniel & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1130-1138 Project-induced displacement, secondary stressors, and health
by Cao, Yue & Hwang, Sean-Shong & Xi, Juan
2012, Volume 74, Issue 6
- 812-821 How is health-related “deservingness” reckoned? Perspectives from unauthorized im/migrants in Tel Aviv
by Willen, Sarah S.
- 822-829 Beyond welfare reform: Reframing undocumented immigrants’ entitlement to health care in the United States, a critical review
by Viladrich, Anahí
- 830-838 “Over-Foreignization” or “Unused Potential”? A critical review of migrant health in Germany and responses toward unauthorized migration
by Castañeda, Heide
- 839-845 Medical humanitarianism, human rights and political advocacy: The case of the Israeli Open Clinic
by Gottlieb, Nora & Filc, Dani & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 846-854 Deserving to a point: Unauthorized immigrants in San Francisco’s universal access healthcare model
by Marrow, Helen B.
- 858-863 Intangible obstacles: Health implications of stigmatization, structural violence, and fear among undocumented immigrants in France
by Larchanché, Stéphanie
- 864-872 Exploitation, vulnerability to tuberculosis and access to treatment among Uzbek labor migrants in Kazakhstan
by Huffman, Samantha A. & Veen, Jaap & Hennink, Monique M. & McFarland, Deborah A.
- 873-881 The clinical gaze in the practice of migrant health: Mexican migrants in the United States
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 882-886 Deservingness to state health services for South–South migrants: A preliminary study of Costa Rican providers’ views
by Goldade, Kate & Okuyemi, Kolawole S.
- 887-893 Undocumented immigrants and their use of medical services in Orange County, California
by Chavez, Leo R.
- 897-906 The impact of migration in all-cause mortality: The Turin Longitudinal Study, 1971–2005
by Rasulo, Domenica & Spadea, Teresa & Onorati, Roberta & Costa, Giuseppe
- 907-914 Loneliness, health, and mortality in old age: A national longitudinal study
by Luo, Ye & Hawkley, Louise C. & Waite, Linda J. & Cacioppo, John T.
- 915-922 Stereotypes of mental disorders differ in competence and warmth
by Sadler, Melody S. & Meagor, Elizabeth L. & Kaye, Kimberly E.
- 923-929 Socioeconomic status and the development of depressive symptoms from childhood to adulthood: A longitudinal analysis across 27 years of follow-up in the Young Finns study
by Elovainio, Marko & Pulkki-Råback, Laura & Jokela, Markus & Kivimäki, Mika & Hintsanen, Mirka & Hintsa, Taina & Viikari, Jorma & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 930-939 Social determinants of health – A question of social or economic capital? Interaction effects of socioeconomic factors on health outcomes
by Ahnquist, Johanna & Wamala, Sarah P. & Lindstrom, Martin
- 940-947 Community Health Workers in Brazil’s Unified Health System: A framework of their praxis and contributions to patient health behaviors
by Pinto, Rogério M. & da Silva, Sueli Bulhões & Soriano, Rafaela
2012, Volume 74, Issue 5
- 688-695 Economic growth and health progress in England and Wales: 160 years of a changing relation
by Tapia Granados, José A.
- 696-706 Social support, volunteering and health around the world: Cross-national evidence from 139 countries
by Kumar, Santosh & Calvo, Rocio & Avendano, Mauricio & Sivaramakrishnan, Kavita & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 707-714 Utilization of epidemiological research for the development of local public health policy in the Netherlands: A case study approach
by de Goede, Joyce & Putters, Kim & van Oers, Hans
- 715-723 Practitioner opinions on health promotion interventions that work: Opening the ‘black box’ of a linear evidence-based approach
by Kok, Maarten O. & Vaandrager, Lenneke & Bal, Roland & Schuit, Jantine
- 724-733 Coping with health care expenses among poor households: Evidence from a rural commune in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Kim Thuy & Hai Khuat, Oanh Thi & Ma, Shuangge & Pham, Duc Cuong & Hong Khuat, Giang Thi & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 734-743 Socioeconomic pathways to depressive symptoms in adulthood: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1979
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & Taylor, Miles
- 744-752 Chinese and Korean immigrants’ early life deprivation: An important factor for child feeding practices and children’s body weight in the United States
by Cheah, Charissa S.L. & Van Hook, Jennifer
- 757-766 Protective factors and predictors of vulnerability to chronic stress: A comparative study of 4 communities after 7 years of continuous rocket fire
by Gelkopf, Marc & Berger, Rony & Bleich, Avraham & Silver, Roxane Cohen
- 767-774 Scientific tools, fake treatments, or triggers for psychological healing: How clinical trial participants conceptualise placebos
by Bishop, Felicity L. & Jacobson, Eric E. & Shaw, Jessica R. & Kaptchuk, Ted J.
- 775-782 A ‘beautiful death’: Mortality, death, and holidays in a Mexican municipality
by Wilches-Gutiérrez, José L. & Arenas-Monreal, Luz & Paulo-Maya, Alfredo & Peláez-Ballestas, Ingris & Idrovo, Alvaro J.
- 783-787 Therapeutic landscapes and postcolonial theory: A theoretical approach to medical tourism
by Buzinde, Christine N. & Yarnal, Careen
- 788-795 Medical ideology as a double-edged sword: The politics of cure and care in the making of Alzheimer’s disease
by Chaufan, Claudia & Hollister, Brooke & Nazareno, Jennifer & Fox, Patrick
- 796-804 ‘Doing the "Right" Thing’: How parents experience and manage decision-making for children’s ‘Normalising’ surgeries
by Nelson, Pauline Anne & Caress, Ann-Louise & Glenny, Anne-Marie & Kirk, Susan A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 4
- 466-473 Sociological autopsy: An integrated approach to the study of suicide in men
by Scourfield, Jonathan & Fincham, Ben & Langer, Susanne & Shiner, Michael
- 474-481 Better dead than dishonored: Masculinity and male suicidal behavior in contemporary Ghana
by Adinkrah, Mensah
- 482-489 Understanding boys’: Thinking through boys, masculinity and suicide
by Mac an Ghaill, Mairtin & Haywood, Chris
- 490-497 Reprint of: Bullying victimisation, self harm and associated factors in Irish adolescent boys
by McMahon, Elaine M. & Reulbach, Udo & Keeley, Helen & Perry, Ivan J. & Arensman, Ella
- 498-505 Suicidal action, emotional expression, and the performance of masculinities
by Cleary, Anne
- 506-514 “You feel like you can’t live anymore”: Suicide from the perspectives of Canadian men who experience depression
by Oliffe, John L. & Ogrodniczuk, John S. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Johnson, Joy L. & Hoyak, Kristy
- 515-522 Rural male suicide in Australia
by Alston, Margaret
- 523-529 Men’s sexual orientation and suicide: Evidence for U.S. adolescent-specific risk
by Russell, Stephen T. & Toomey, Russell B.
- 530-536 Suicide, social integration, and masculinity in the U.S. military
by Braswell, Harold & Kushner, Howard I.
- 537-545 Women at war: Understanding how women veterans cope with combat and military sexual trauma
by Mattocks, Kristin M. & Haskell, Sally G. & Krebs, Erin E. & Justice, Amy C. & Yano, Elizabeth M. & Brandt, Cynthia
- 546-553 Being differently the same: The mediation of identity tensions in the sharing of illness experiences
by Mazanderani, Fadhila & Locock, Louise & Powell, John
- 554-564 Determinants, self-management strategies and interventions for hope in people with mental disorders: Systematic search and narrative review
by Schrank, Beate & Bird, Victoria & Rudnick, Abraham & Slade, Mike
- 565-573 Rebelling against the brain: Public engagement with the ‘neurological adolescent’
by Choudhury, Suparna & McKinney, Kelly A. & Merten, Moritz
- 574-581 Understanding the outcomes of multi-centre clinical trials: A qualitative study of health professional experiences and views
by Lawton, Julia & Jenkins, Nicholas & Darbyshire, Julie & Farmer, Andrew & Holman, Rury & Hallowell, Nina
- 582-587 Key concepts relevant to quality of complex and shared decision-making in health care: A literature review
by Dy, Sydney M. & Purnell, Tanjala S.
- 588-596 Disability, participation, and subjective wellbeing among older couples
by Freedman, Vicki A. & Stafford, Frank & Schwarz, Norbert & Conrad, Frederick & Cornman, Jennifer C.
- 597-606 Social stratification and adolescent overweight in the United States: How income and educational resources matter across families and schools
by Martin, Molly A. & Frisco, Michelle L. & Nau, Claudia & Burnett, Kristin
- 607-615 Social strain and cortisol regulation in midlife in the US
by Friedman, Esther M. & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Almeida, David M. & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 616-624 Examining the differential association between self-rated health and area deprivation among white British and ethnic minority people in England
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Albor, Christo & Chandola, Tarani & Stafford, Mai
- 625-636 Health disparities in mid-to-late life: The role of earlier life family and neighborhood socioeconomic conditions
by Johnson, Rucker C. & Schoeni, Robert F. & Rogowski, Jeannette A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 273-280 Let’s dance: Organization studies, medical sociology and health policy
by Currie, Graeme & Dingwall, Robert & Kitchener, Martin & Waring, Justin
- 281-288 A critical account of the rise and spread of ‘leadership’: The case of UK healthcare
by Martin, Graham P. & Learmonth, Mark
- 289-296 Reactivity and reactions to regulatory transparency in medicine, psychotherapy and counselling
by McGivern, Gerry & Fischer, Michael D.
- 297-304 Exploring knowledge exchange: A useful framework for practice and policy
by Ward, Vicky & Smith, Simon & House, Allan & Hamer, Susan
- 305-312 Addressing complex healthcare problems in diverse settings: Insights from activity theory
by Greig, Gail & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Beech, Nic
- 313-322 Public, private, neither, both? Publicness theory and the analysis of healthcare organisations
by Anderson, Stuart
- 323-331 The effects of institutional change on geographic variation and health services use in the USA
by Nigam, Amit
- 332-339 Dialogues and dialetics: Limits to clinician–manager interaction in healthcare organizations
by MacIntosh, Robert & Beech, Nic & Martin, Graeme
- 340-347 A new mode of organizing in health care? Governmentality and managed networks in cancer services in England
by Ferlie, Ewan & Mcgivern, Gerry & FitzGerald, Louise
- 348-355 The role of the organizational champion in achieving health system change
by Hendy, Jane & Barlow, James
- 356-363 The role of institutional entrepreneurs in reforming healthcare
by Lockett, Andy & Currie, Graeme & Waring, Justin & Finn, Rachael & Martin, Graham
- 364-371 Lean in healthcare: The unfilled promise?
by Radnor, Zoe J. & Holweg, Matthias & Waring, Justin
- 372-380 Professional projects and institutional change in healthcare: The case of American dentistry
by Kitchener, Martin & Mertz, Elizabeth
- 381-389 The implementation of a global fund grant in Lesotho: Applying a framework on knowledge absorptive capacity
by Biesma, Regien & Makoa, Elsie & Mpemi, Regina & Tsekoa, Lineo & Odonkor, Philip & Brugha, Ruairi
- 390-398 Structural violence in long-term, residential care for older people: Comparing Canada and Scandinavia
by Banerjee, Albert & Daly, Tamara & Armstrong, Pat & Szebehely, Marta & Armstrong, Hugh & Lafrance, Stirling
- 399-407 State-level income inequality and family burden of US families raising children with special health care needs
by Parish, Susan L. & Rose, Roderick A. & Dababnah, Sarah & Yoo, Joan & Cassiman, Shawn A.
- 408-415 The pervasive effects of racism: Experiences of racial discrimination in New Zealand over time and associations with multiple health domains
by Harris, Ricci & Cormack, Donna & Tobias, Martin & Yeh, Li-Chia & Talamaivao, Natalie & Minster, Joanna & Timutimu, Roimata
- 416-424 Resilience from the point of view of older people: ‘There's still life beyond a funny knee’
by Wiles, Janine L. & Wild, Kirsty & Kerse, Ngaire & Allen, Ruth E.S.
- 425-433 “Back then” and “nowadays”: Social transition narratives in accounts of injecting drug use in an East European setting
by Rhodes, Tim & Bivol, Stela
- 434-443 Taming troubled teens: The social production of mental morbidity amongst young mothers in Pelotas, Brazil
by Béhague, D.P. & Gonçalves, H.D. & Gigante, D. & Kirkwood, B.R.
- 444-451 Altered social cohesion and adverse psychological experiences with chronic food insecurity in the non-market economy and complex households of Burkina Faso
by Nanama, Siméon & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 452-459 Women’s social networks and birth attendant decisions: Application of the Network-Episode Model
by Edmonds, Joyce K. & Hruschka, Daniel & Bernard, H. Russell & Sibley, Lynn
2012, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 103-111 Domestic violence and child nutrition in Liberia
by Sobkoviak, Rudina M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Halim, Nafisa
- 112-119 Emotion awareness and coping in children with functional abdominal pain: A controlled study
by van der Veek, Shelley M.C. & Derkx, H.H.F. & de Haan, Else & Benninga, Marc A. & Boer, Frits
- 120-124 Maternal leave policies and vaccination coverage: A global analysis
by Daku, Mark & Raub, Amy & Heymann, Jody
- 125-134 Canaries in a coalmine: Immigration and overweight among Mexican-origin children in the US and Mexico
by Van Hook, Jennifer & Baker, Elizabeth & Altman, Claire E. & Frisco, Michelle L.
- 135-142 Household migration, social support, and psychosocial health: The perspective from migrant-sending areas
by Lu, Yao
- 143-149 Beyond symptoms: Defining primary care mental health clinical assessment priorities, content and process
by Lynch, Johanna M. & Askew, Deborah A. & Mitchell, Geoffrey K. & Hegarty, Kelsey L.
- 150-157 Five years later: Recovery from post traumatic stress and psychological distress among low-income mothers affected by Hurricane Katrina
by Paxson, Christina & Fussell, Elizabeth & Rhodes, Jean & Waters, Mary
- 158-166 Long-term association of economic inequality and mortality in adult Costa Ricans
by Modrek, Sepideh & Dow, William H. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 167-175 Coupling infectious diseases, human preventive behavior, and networks – A conceptual framework for epidemic modeling
by Mao, Liang & Yang, Yan
- 176-184 Health information seeking and use outside of the medical encounter: Is it associated with race and ethnicity?
by Rooks, Ronica N. & Wiltshire, Jacqueline C. & Elder, Keith & BeLue, Rhonda & Gary, Lisa C.
- 185-195 Exploring the connections between HIV serostatus and individual, household, and community socioeconomic resources: Evidence from two population-based surveys in Kenya
by Ishida, Kanako & Arnold, Michael & Stupp, Paul & Kizito, Paul & Ichwara, Jared
- 196-201 Rising preterm birth rates, 1989–2004: Changing demographics or changing obstetric practice?
by VanderWeele, Tyler J. & Lantos, John D. & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 202-210 Social capital and social inequality in adolescents’ health in 601 Flemish communities: A multilevel analysis
by De Clercq, B. & Vyncke, V. & Hublet, A. & Elgar, F.J. & Ravens-Sieberer, U. & Currie, C. & Hooghe, M. & Ieven, A. & Maes, L.
- 211-219 Disability and dignity-enabling home environments
by Gibson, Barbara E. & Secker, Barbara & Rolfe, Debbie & Wagner, Frank & Parke, Bob & Mistry, Bhavnita
- 220-227 Model of health? Distributed preparedness and multi-agency interventions surrounding UK regional airports
by Warren, Adam & Bell, Morag & Budd, Lucy
- 228-235 Network structures and their relevance to the policy cycle: A case study of The National Male Health Policy of Australia
by Holden, Carol A. & Lin, Vivian
- 236-244 Capitals and capabilities: Linking structure and agency to reduce health inequalities
by Abel, Thomas & Frohlich, Katherine L.
- 245-253 The politics of place(ment): Problematising the provision of hepatitis C treatment within opiate substitution clinics
by Rance, Jake & Newland, Jamee & Hopwood, Max & Treloar, Carla
- 254-262 How does the business cycle affect eating habits?
by Dave, Dhaval M. & Kelly, Inas Rashad
- 263-272 Medical innovation and age-specific trends in health care utilization: Findings and implications
by Wong, Albert & Wouterse, Bram & Slobbe, Laurentius C.J. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Polder, Johan J.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 6-13 Globalisation and health inequalities: Can a human rights paradigm create space for civil society action?
by London, Leslie & Schneider, Helen
- 14-19 Re-interpreting the citizen consumer: Alternative consumer activism and the rights to health and development
by Khoo, Su-ming
- 20-27 Cross-border mobility of health professionals: Contesting patients’ right to health
by Plotnikova, Evgeniya Vadimovna
- 28-35 Mind the gap: Access to ARV medication, rights and the politics of scale in South Africa
by Jones, Peris Sean
- 36-43 The provision of accessible, acceptable health care in rural remote areas and the right to health: Bedouin in the North East region of Jordan
by Lewando Hundt, Gillian & Alzaroo, Salah & Hasna, Fadia & Alsmeiran, Mohammed
- 44-51 Rights-based approaches to addressing food poverty and food insecurity in Ireland and UK
by Dowler, Elizabeth A. & O’Connor, Deirdre
- 52-57 Public opinion and support for government AIDS policies in sub-Saharan Africa
by Youde, Jeremy
- 58-66 Long-run effects of fetal influenza exposure: Evidence from Switzerland
by Neelsen, Sven & Stratmann, Thomas
- 67-74 How does the social environment ‘get into the mind’? Epigenetics at the intersection of social and psychiatric epidemiology
by Toyokawa, Satoshi & Uddin, Monica & Koenen, Karestan C. & Galea, Sandro
- 75-83 History of socioeconomic disadvantage and allostatic load in later life
by Gruenewald, Tara L. & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Hu, Perry & Stein-Merkin, Sharon & Crandall, Carolyn & Koretz, Brandon & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 84-91 Relative income inequality and selected health outcomes in urban Chinese youth
by Sun, Ping & Unger, Jennifer B. & Palmer, Paula & Ma, Huiyan & Xie, Bin & Sussman, Steve & Johnson, C. Anderson
- 92-100 Willingness to use ADHD treatments: A mixed methods study of perceptions by adolescents, parents, health professionals and teachers
by Bussing, Regina & Koro-Ljungberg, Mirka & Noguchi, Kenji & Mason, Dana & Mayerson, Gillian & Garvan, Cynthia W.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 12
- 1675-1682 Organizational justice at school and its associations with pupils’ psychosocial school environment, health, and wellbeing
by Elovainio, Marko & Pietikäinen, Minna & Luopa, Pauliina & Kivimäki, Mika & Ferrie, Jane E. & Jokela, Jukka & Suominen, Sakari & Vahtera, Jussi & Virtanen, Marianna
- 1683-1688 Distinct impact of education and income on habitual exercise: A cross-sectional analysis in a rural city in Japan
by Murakami, Keiko & Hashimoto, Hideki & Lee, Jung Su & Kawakubo, Kiyoshi & Mori, Katsumi & Akabayashi, Akira
- 1689-1697 The contextual effects of social capital on health: A cross-national instrumental variable analysis
by Kim, Daniel & Baum, Christopher F. & Ganz, Michael L. & Subramanian, S.V. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1698-1706 Residential mobility within England and urban–rural inequalities in mortality
by Riva, Mylène & Curtis, Sarah & Norman, Paul
- 1707-1716 Association between neighborhood walkability, cardiorespiratory fitness and body-mass index
by Hoehner, Christine M. & Handy, Susan L. & Yan, Yan & Blair, Steven N. & Berrigan, David
- 1717-1724 The social context of food insecurity among persons living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Emenyonu, Nneka & Senkungu, Jude K. & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 1725-1732 Beyond debt. A moderator analysis of the relationship between perceived financial strain and mental health
by Selenko, Eva & Batinic, Bernad
- 1733-1740 The impact of causal attributions on diagnosis and successful referral of depressed patients in primary care
by van den Boogaard, Th. Michael & Verhaak, P.F.M. & Dyck, Richard van & Spinhoven, Philip
- 1741-1747 "The Most Important Test You’ll Ever Take"?: Attitudes toward confidential carrier matching and open individual testing among modern-religious Jews in Israel
by Frumkin, Ayala & Raz, Aviad E. & Plesser-Duvdevani, Morasha & Lieberman, Sari
- 1748-1755 Circus monkeys or change agents? Civil society advocacy for HIV/AIDS in adverse policy environments
by Spicer, Neil & Harmer, Andrew & Aleshkina, Julia & Bogdan, Daryna & Chkhatarashvili, Ketevan & Murzalieva, Gulgun & Rukhadze, Natia & Samiev, Arnol & Walt, Gill
- 1756-1765 Is blood thicker than water? Peer effects in stent utilization among Floridian cardiologists
by Huesch, Marco D.
- 1766-1774 Measuring the outcomes of long-term care
by Forder, Julien E. & Caiels, James
- 1775-1783 The ‘cultural inflation of morbidity’ during the English mortality decline: A new look
by Gorsky, Martin & Guntupalli, Aravinda & Harris, Bernard & Hinde, Andrew
2011, Volume 73, Issue 11
- 1575-1584 Rising premature mortality in the UK’s persistently deprived areas: Only a Scottish phenomenon?
by Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Exeter, Daniel & Feng, Zhiqiang & Popham, Frank
- 1585-1592 The ecology of unhealthy places: Violence, birthweight, and the importance of territoriality in structurally disadvantaged communities
by Kane, Robert J.
- 1593-1599 The psychological impact of chronic environmental adversity: Responding to prolonged drought
by Stain, Helen J. & Kelly, Brian & Carr, Vaughan J. & Lewin, Terry J. & Fitzgerald, Michael & Fragar, Lyn
- 1600-1607 Risky health environments: Women sex workers’ struggles to find safe, secure and non-exploitative housing in Canada’s poorest postal code
by Lazarus, L. & Chettiar, J. & Deering, K. & Nabess, R. & Shannon, K.
- 1608-1617 Social inequalities in ‘sickness’: European welfare states and non-employment among the chronically ill
by van der Wel, Kjetil A. & Dahl, Espen & Thielen, Karsten
- 1618-1626 A life course perspective on migration and mental health among Asian immigrants: The role of human agency
by Gong, Fang & Xu, Jun & Fujishiro, Kaori & Takeuchi, David T.
- 1627-1634 Associations between unemployment and major depressive disorder: Evidence from an international, prospective study (the predict cohort)
by Jefferis, Barbara J. & Nazareth, Irwin & Marston, Louise & Moreno-Kustner, Berta & Bellón, Juan Ángel & Svab, Igor & Rotar, Danica & Geerlings, Mirjam I. & Xavier, Miguel & Goncalves-Pereira, Manuel & Vicente, Benjamin & Saldivia, Sandra & Aluoja, Anu & Kalda, Ruth & King, Michael
- 1635-1643 The influence of indigenous status and community indigenous composition on obesity and diabetes among Mexican adults
by Stoddard, Pamela & Handley, Margaret A. & Vargas Bustamante, Arturo & Schillinger, Dean
- 1644-1652 Quality and quantity: The role of social interactions in self-reported individual health
by Fiorillo, Damiano & Sabatini, Fabio
- 1653-1660 Maternal social capital and birth outcomes in the mother–child cohort in Crete, Greece (Rhea study)
by Kritsotakis, George & Vassilaki, Maria & Chatzi, Leda & Georgiou, Vaggelis & Philalithis, Anastassios E. & Kogevinas, Manolis & Koutis, Antonis
- 1661-1668 Choreographies of sperm donations: Dilemmas of intimacy in lesbian couple donor conception
by Nordqvist, Petra
- 1669-1673 “Cutting” on cancer: Attitudes about cancer spread and surgery among primary care patients in the USA
by James, Aimee & Daley, Christine M. & Greiner, K.A.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 10
- 1445-1448 Is unimpeded marketing for breast milk substitutes responsible for the decline in breastfeeding in the Philippines? An exploratory survey and focus group analysis
by Sobel, Howard L. & Iellamo, Alessandro & Raya, René R. & Padilla, Alexander A. & Olivé, Jean-Marc & Nyunt-U, Soe
- 1452-1459 Why is UK medicine no longer a self-regulating profession? The role of scandals involving “bad apple” doctors
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Yeung, Karen & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1460-1468 Deliberating Tarceva: A case study of how British NHS managers decide whether to purchase a high-cost drug in the shadow of NICE guidance
by Hughes, David & Doheny, Shane
- 1469-1476 Anthropology, organ transplantation and the immune system: Resituating commodity and gift exchange
by Kierans, Ciara
- 1477-1489 Access to health care, reproductive health and disability: A large scale survey in Sierra Leone
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Browne, Joyce & Kett, Maria & Bah, Osman & Morlai, Teddy & Bailey, Nicki & Groce, Nora
- 1490-1497 Melting bones: The social construction of postmenopausal osteoporosis in Turkey
by Erol, Maral
- 1498-1507 Relying on nature’s pharmacy in rural Burkina Faso: Empirical evidence of the determinants of traditional medicine consumption
by Pouliot, Mariève
- 1508-1516 Time-bound opportunity costs of informal care: Consequences for access to professional care, caregiver support, and labour supply estimates
by Hassink, Wolter H.J. & Van den Berg, Bernard
- 1517-1524 Allocation of household responsibilities influences change in dietary behavior
by Nelson, Candace C. & Sapp, Amy & Berkman, Lisa F. & Li, Yi & Sorensen, Glorian
- 1525-1533 Aging in neighborhoods differing in walkability and income: Associations with physical activity and obesity in older adults
by King, Abby C. & Sallis, James F. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Cain, Kelli & Conway, Terry L. & Chapman, James E. & Ahn, David K. & Kerr, Jacqueline
- 1534-1542 Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis
by Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David
- 1543-1550 Why socially deprived populations have a faster resting heart rate: Impact of behaviour, life course anthropometry, and biology – the RECORD Cohort Study
by Chaix, Basile & Jouven, Xavier & Thomas, Frédérique & Leal, Cinira & Billaudeau, Nathalie & Bean, Kathy & Kestens, Yan & Jëgo, Bertrand & Pannier, Bruno & Danchin, Nicolas
- 1551-1560 Immigration and the health of U.S. black adults: Does country of origin matter?
by Hamilton, Tod G. & Hummer, Robert A.
- 1561-1568 Income inequality, social capital and self-rated health and dental status in older Japanese
by Aida, Jun & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Watt, Richard G. & Sheiham, Aubrey & Tsakos, Georgios
2011, Volume 73, Issue 9
- 1285-1289 Consumers of eldercare in Sweden: The semblance of choice
by Meinow, Bettina & Parker, Marti G. & Thorslund, Mats
- 1292-1301 Understanding high-risk behavior among non-dominant minorities: A social resistance framework
by Factor, Roni & Kawachi, Ichiro & Williams, David R.
- 1302-1311 Neighborhood conditions are associated with maternal health behaviors and pregnancy outcomes
by Vinikoor-Imler, L.C. & Messer, L.C. & Evenson, K.R. & Laraia, B.A.
- 1312-1322 Race/ethnic differences in adult mortality: The role of perceived stress and health behaviors
by Krueger, Patrick M. & Saint Onge, Jarron M. & Chang, Virginia W.
- 1323-1331 Parenthood and trajectories of change in body weight over the life course
by Umberson, Debra & Liu, Hui & Mirowsky, John & Reczek, Corinne
- 1332-1339 Does the sale of sweetened beverages at school affect children’s weight?
by Cunningham, Solveig A. & Zavodny, Madeline
- 1340-1348 Distal and variably proximal causes: Education, obesity, and health
by Schafer, Markus H. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 1349-1356 How do obese individuals perceive and respond to the different types of obesity stigma that they encounter in their daily lives? A qualitative study
by Lewis, Sophie & Thomas, Samantha L. & Blood, R. Warwick & Castle, David J. & Hyde, Jim & Komesaroff, Paul A.
- 1357-1364 Resistance and vulnerability to stigmatization in abortion work
by O’Donnell, Jenny & Weitz, Tracy A. & Freedman, Lori R.
- 1365-1370 How does network structure affect partnerships for promoting physical activity? Evidence from Brazil and Colombia
by Parra, Diana C. & Dauti, Marsela & Harris, Jenine K. & Reyes, Lissette & Malta, Deborah C. & Brownson, Ross C. & Quintero, Mario A. & Pratt, Michael
- 1371-1377 Dying cases in emergency places: Caring for the dying in emergency departments
by Bailey, Cara J. & Murphy, Roger & Porock, Davina
- 1378-1385 Where do human organs come from? Trends of generalized and restricted altruism in organ donations
by Boas, Hagai
- 1386-1394 Life of a partnership: The process of collaboration between the National Tuberculosis Program and the hospitals in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
by Probandari, Ari & Utarini, Adi & Lindholm, Lars & Hurtig, Anna-Karin
- 1395-1400 The effect of national suicide prevention programs on suicide rates in 21 OECD nations
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Ueda, Michiko
- 1401-1407 The impact of fiscal decentralization on infant mortality rates: Evidence from OECD countries
by Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores
- 1408-1415 The effect of change in mental disorder status on change in spousal mental health: The HUNT study
by Idstad, Mariann & Røysamb, Espen & Tambs, Kristian
- 1416-1421 Do general practitioners overestimate the health of their patients with lower education?
by Kelly-Irving, Michelle & Delpierre, Cyrille & Schieber, Anne-Cécile & Lepage, Benoit & Rolland, Christine & Afrité, Anissa & Pascal, Jean & Cases, Chantal & Lombrail, Pierre & Lang, Thierry
- 1422-1427 The very high sex ratio in rural China: Impact on the psychosocial wellbeing of unmarried men
by Zhou, Xu Dong & Wang, Xiao Lei & Li, Lu & Hesketh, Therese
- 1428-1435 Gender, social engagement, and limitations in late life
by Thomas, Patricia A.
- 1436-1443 Sources of somatization: Exploring the roles of insecurity in relationships and styles of anger experience and expression
by Liu, Liang & Cohen, Shiri & Schulz, Marc S. & Waldinger, Robert J.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 8
- 1113-1122 Using matched areas to explore international differences in population health
by Mitchell, Richard & Dujardin, Claire & Popham, Frank & Farfan Portet, Maria-Isabel & Thomas, Isabelle & Lorant, Vincent
- 1123-1132 Does country influence the health burden of informal care? An international comparison between Belgium and Great Britain
by Dujardin, Claire & Farfan-Portet, Maria-Isabel & Mitchell, Richard & Popham, Frank & Thomas, Isabelle & Lorant, Vincent
- 1133-1144 The role of daily mobility in mental health inequalities: The interactive influence of activity space and neighbourhood of residence on depression
by Vallée, Julie & Cadot, Emmanuelle & Roustit, Christelle & Parizot, Isabelle & Chauvin, Pierre
- 1145-1151 Place effects for areas defined by administrative boundaries: A life course analysis of mortality and cause specific morbidity in Scania, Sweden
by Ohlsson, Henrik & Merlo, Juan
- 1152-1162 Mismatched racial identities, colourism, and health in Toronto and Vancouver
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 1163-1168 Racial and ethnic disparities in hospital care resulting from air pollution in excess of federal standards
by Hackbarth, Andrew D. & Romley, John A. & Goldman, Dana P.
- 1169-1177 The role of migration in the development of depressive symptoms among Latino immigrant parents in the USA
by Ornelas, India J. & Perreira, Krista M.
- 1178-1185 Lifetime income patterns and alcohol consumption: Investigating the association between long- and short-term income trajectories and drinking
by Cerdá, Magdalena & Johnson-Lawrence, Vicki D. & Galea, Sandro
- 1186-1193 Estimates of peer effects in adolescent smoking across twenty six European Countries
by McVicar, Duncan
- 1194-1199 Instrumental variable estimation of the effect of prayer on depression
by Denny, Kevin J.
- 1200-1207 Techno-politics of genomic nationalism: Tracing genomics and its use in drug regulation in Japan and Taiwan
by Kuo, Wen-Hua
- 1208-1213 Colleague interactions and new drug prescribing behavior: The case of the initial prescription of antidepressants in Taiwanese medical centers
by Lin, Shu-Jou & Jan, Kuan-An & Kao, Jen-Tse
- 1214-1221 A multilevel intervention for HIV-affected families in China: Together for Empowerment Activities (TEA)
by Li, Li & Ji, Guoping & Liang, Li-Jung & Ding, Yingying & Tian, Junru & Xiao, Yongkang
- 1222-1229 “Everything that I thought that they would be, they weren’t:” Family systems as support and impediment to recovery
by EnglandKennedy, Elizabeth Sara & Horton, Sarah
- 1230-1237 “But Then I Learned…”: Weight loss surgery patients negotiate surgery discourses
by Drew, Patricia
- 1238-1245 Uncertainty in medicine: Meanings of menopause and hormone replacement therapy in medical textbooks
by Niland, Patricia & Lyons, Antonia C.
- 1246-1248 Influence of Valentine’s Day and Halloween on Birth Timing
by Levy, Becca R. & Chung, Pil H. & Slade, Martin D.
- 1249-1256 Where do pharmaceuticals on the market originate? An analysis of the informal drug supply in Cotonou, Benin
by Baxerres, Carine & Le Hesran, Jean-Yves
- 1257-1265 Comparing HIV-related symbolic stigma in six African countries: Social representations in young people’s narratives
by Winskell, Kate & Hill, Elizabeth & Obyerodhyambo, Oby
- 1266-1274 Maternal health and knowledge and infant health outcomes in the Ariaal people of northern Kenya
by Miller, Elizabeth M.
- 1275-1283 Dynamics of change in the practice of female genital cutting in Senegambia: Testing predictions of social convention theory
by Shell-Duncan, Bettina & Wander, Katherine & Hernlund, Ylva & Moreau, Amadou
2011, Volume 73, Issue 7
- 945-952 Implementing ‘translational’ biomedical research: Convergence and divergence among clinical and basic scientists
by Morgan, Myfanwy & Barry, Christine A. & Donovan, Jenny L. & Sandall, Jane & Wolfe, Charles D.A. & Boaz, Annette
- 953-959 The interplay of structure and agency in health promotion: Integrating a concept of structural change and the policy dimension into a multi-level model and applying it to health promotion principles and practice
by Rütten, Alfred & Gelius, Peter
- 960-969 Effects of a health-social partnership transitional program on hospital readmission: A randomized controlled trial
by Wong, Frances Kam-yuet & Ho, May M. & Yeung, SikYing & Tam, Stanley K. & Chow, Susan K.
- 970-977 Physician shortages in rural Vietnam: Using a labor market approach to inform policy
by Vujicic, Marko & Shengelia, Bakhuti & Alfano, Marco & Thu, Ha Bui
- 978-985 An extension in eligibility for free primary care and avoidable hospitalisations: A natural experiment
by Nolan, Anne
- 986-994 Product development public–private partnerships for public health: A systematic review using qualitative data
by De Pinho Campos, Katia & Norman, Cameron D. & Jadad, Alejandro R.
- 995-1002 Living in the “land of no”? Consumer perceptions of healthy lifestyle portrayals in direct-to-consumer advertisements of prescription drugs
by Frosch, Dominick L. & May, Suepattra G. & Tietbohl, Caroline & Pagán, José A.
- 1003-1013 Difficulties leaving home: A cross-sectional study of delays in seeking emergency obstetric care in Herat, Afghanistan
by Hirose, Atsumi & Borchert, Matthias & Niksear, Homa & Alkozai, Ahmad Shah & Cox, Jonathan & Gardiner, Julian & Osmani, Khadija Ruina & Filippi, Véronique
- 1014-1018 Newborn screening and maternal diagnosis: Rethinking family benefit
by Buchbinder, Mara & Timmermans, Stefan
- 1019-1027 Racial taxonomy in genomics
by Bliss, Catherine
- 1028-1036 How surgeons design treatment recommendations in orthopaedic surgery
by Hudak, Pamela L. & Clark, Shannon J. & Raymond, Geoffrey
- 1037-1044 “All Cubans are doctors!” news coverage of health and bioexceptionalism in Cuba
by Briggs, Charles L.
- 1045-1053 Responding to racism: Insights on how racism can damage health from an urban study of Australian Aboriginal people
by Ziersch, Anna M. & Gallaher, Gilbert & Baum, Fran & Bentley, Michael
- 1054-1061 “Meet me at the hill where we used to park”: Interpersonal processes associated with victim recantation
by Bonomi, Amy E. & Gangamma, Rashmi & Locke, Chris R. & Katafiasz, Heather & Martin, David
- 1062-1070 Dynamics of stigma in abortion work: Findings from a pilot study of the Providers Share Workshop
by Harris, Lisa Hope & Debbink, Michelle & Martin, Lisa & Hassinger, Jane
- 1071-1079 The effect of food insecurity on mental health: Panel evidence from rural Zambia
by Cole, Steven M. & Tembo, Gelson
- 1080-1087 Community resilience, quality childcare, and preschoolers’ mental health: A three-city comparison
by Maggi, Stefania & Roberts, William & MacLennan, David & D’Angiulli, Amedeo
- 1088-1096 Childhood socio-economic status and the onset, persistence, and severity of DSM-IV mental disorders in a US national sample
by McLaughlin, Katie A. & Breslau, Joshua & Green, Jennifer Greif & Lakoma, Matthew D. & Sampson, Nancy A. & Zaslavsky, Alan M. & Kessler, Ronald C.
- 1097-1104 Individual, study, and neighborhood level characteristics associated with peer recruitment of young illicit drug users in New York City: Optimizing respondent driven sampling
by Rudolph, Abby E. & Crawford, Natalie D. & Latkin, Carl & White, Kellee & Benjamin, Ebele O. & Jones, Kandice & Fuller, Crystal M.
- 1105-1112 The global financial crisis and psychological health in a sample of Australian older adults: A longitudinal study
by Sargent-Cox, Kerry & Butterworth, Peter & Anstey, Kaarin J.
September 2011, Volume 73, Issue 6
- 793-800 Towards a sociology of diagnosis: Reflections and opportunities
by Jutel, Annemarie & Nettleton, Sarah
- 801-807 Diagnosis and nosology in primary care
by Armstrong, David
- 808-815 Risk, significance and biomedicalisation of a new population: Older women's experience of osteoporosis screening
by Salter, Charlotte Ingrid & Howe, Amanda & McDaid, Lisa & Blacklock, Jeanette & Lenaghan, Elizabeth & Shepstone, Lee
- 816-824 Regulating diagnosis in post-genomic medicine: Re-aligning clinical judgment?
by Bourret, Pascale & Keating, Peter & Cambrosio, Alberto
- 825-832 'Get with the Program!': Pharmaceutical marketing, symptom checklists and self-diagnosis
by Ebeling, Mary
- 833-842 Listening to Lyrica: contested illnesses and pharmaceutical determinism
by Barker, Kristin K.
- 843-850 Patchwork diagnoses: The production of coherence, uncertainty, and manageable bodies
by Gardner, John & Dew, Kevin & Stubbe, Maria & Dowell, Tony & Macdonald, Lindsay
- 851-857 Making sure. A comparative micro-analysis of diagnostic instruments in medical practice
by Schubert, Cornelius
- 858-865 Diagnosis, psychiatry and neurology: The case of Huntington Disease
by Halpin, Michael
- 866-872 "Morphology is a witness which doesn't lie": Diagnosis by similarity relation and analogical inference in clinical forensic medicine
by Rees, Gethin
- 873-881 Medical residents' use of narrative templates in storytelling and diagnosis
by Davenport, Nancy H.M.
- 882-888 Biopolitical endpoints: Diagnosing a deserving British nuclear test veteran
by Trundle, Catherine
- 889-896 A disorder of anger and aggression: Children's perspectives on attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder in the UK
by Singh, Ilina
- 897-903 Cancer diagnosis as discursive capture: Phenomenological repercussions of being positioned within dominant constructions of cancer
by Willig, Carla
- 904-911 Managing hope, denial or temporal anomie? Informal cancer carers' accounts of spouses' cancer diagnoses
by Olson, Rebecca Eileen
- 912-921 Bad news and first impressions: Patient and family caregiver accounts of learning the cancer diagnosis
by Schaepe, Karen Sue
- 922-928 Talking about colds and flu: The lay diagnosis of two common illnesses among older British people
by Prior, Lindsay & Evans, Meirion R. & Prout, Hayley
- 929-938 Constructing illness: How the public in eight Western nations respond to a clinical description of "schizophrenia"
by Olafsdottir, Sigrun & Pescosolido, Bernice A.
- 939-943 From diagnosis to social diagnosis
by Brown, Phil & Lyson, Mercedes & Jenkins, Tania
September 2011, Volume 73, Issue 5
- 625-628 The promise of human rights for global health: A programmed deception? A commentary on Schrecker, Chapman, Labonté and De Vogli (2010) "Advancing health equity in the global market place: How human rights can help"
by Reubi, David
- 629-631 Health and human rights against the marketplace: A response to Reubi
by Schrecker, Ted & Chapman, Audrey R. & Labonte, Ronald & De Vogli, Roberto
- 632-635 Agency versus structure: Genetics, group membership, and a new twist on an old debate
by Angel, Ronald J.
- 636-638 Horses for courses: The need for pragmatism and realism as well as balance and caution. A commentary on Angel
by Craddock, Nick
- 639-642 Agency versus structure or nature versus nurture: When the new twist on an old debate is not that new after all: A commentary on Angel
by Fotaki, Marianna
- 643-644 A response to the commentaries by Craddock and Fotaki
by Angel, Ronald J.
- 645-654 What's at stake? Genetic information from the perspective of people with epilepsy and their family members
by Shostak, Sara & Zarhin, Dana & Ottman, Ruth
- 655-662 Institutional policy learning and public consultation: The Canadian xenotransplantation experience
by Jones, Mavis & Einsiedel, Edna
- 663-667 The relationship between social networks and pathways to kidney transplant parity: Evidence from black Americans in Chicago
by Browne, Teri
- 668-675 The problem of "significant risk": Exploring the public health impact of criminalizing HIV non-disclosure
by Mykhalovskiy, Eric
- 676-684 The perils of polycentric governance of infectious disease in South Africa
by Lieberman, Evan S.
- 685-692 Health and welfare effects of integrating AIDS treatment with food assistance in resource constrained settings: A systematic review of theory and evidence
by Tirivayi, Nyasha & Groot, Wim
- 693-701 Nothing can defeat combined hands (Abashize hamwe ntakibananira): Protective processes and resilience in Rwandan children and families affected by HIV/AIDS
by Betancourt, Theresa Stichick & Meyers-Ohki, Sarah & Stulac, Sara N. & Elizabeth Barrera, Amy & Mushashi, Christina & Beardslee, William R.
- 702-710 Out of the reach of children? Young people's health-seeking practices and agency in Africa's newly-emerging therapeutic landscapes
by Hampshire, Kate R. & Porter, Gina & Owusu, Samuel Asiedu & Tanle, Augustine & Abane, Albert
- 711-718 Early life undernutrition and chronic diseases at older ages: The effects of the Dutch famine on cardiovascular diseases and diabetes
by Portrait, France & Teeuwiszen, Erica & Deeg, Dorly
- 719-728 How physical activity shapes, and is shaped by, adolescent friendships
by de la Haye, Kayla & Robins, Garry & Mohr, Philip & Wilson, Carlene
- 729-736 Unfulfilled expectations and symptoms of depression among young adults
by Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 737-743 Moving to Opportunity: Does long-term exposure to 'low-poverty' neighborhoods make a difference for adolescents?
by Leventhal, Tama & Dupéré, Véronique
- 744-751 Migration and mortality trajectories: A study of individuals born in the rural community of Överkalix, Sweden
by Tinghög, Petter & Carstensen, John & Kaati, Gunnar & Edvinsson, Sören & Sjöström, Michael & Bygren, Lars Olov
- 752-758 Sociodemographic and geographic variability in smoking in the U.S.: A multilevel analysis of the 2006-2007 Current Population Survey, Tobacco Use Supplement
by Chahine, T. & Subramanian, S.V. & Levy, J.I.
- 759-767 Religious social capital: Its measurement and utility in the study of the social determinants of health
by Maselko, Joanna & Hughes, Cayce & Cheney, Rose
- 768-774 Indices of socioeconomic position across the life course as predictors of coronary calcification in black and white men and women: Coronary artery risk development in young adults study
by Matthews, Karen A. & Schwartz, Joseph E. & Cohen, Sheldon
- 775-782 "He's more typically female because he's not afraid to cry": Connecting heterosexual gender relations and men's depression
by Oliffe, John L. & Kelly, Mary T. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Johnson, Joy L. & Wong, Sabrina T.
- 783-792 Dyadic planning of health-behavior change after prostatectomy: A randomized-controlled planning intervention
by Burkert, Silke & Scholz, Urte & Gralla, Oliver & Roigas, Jan & Knoll, Nina
August 2011, Volume 73, Issue 4
- 483-490 Health status and health care utilization following collective trauma: A 3-year national study of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States
by Holman, E. Alison & Silver, Roxane Cohen
- 491-497 Vulnerability to fat-stigma in women's everyday relationships
by Brewis, Alexandra A. & Hruschka, Daniel J. & Wutich, Amber
- 498-506 Labeling of mental disorders and stigma in young people
by Wright, Annemarie & Jorm, Anthony F. & Mackinnon, Andrew J.
- 507-514 Dichotomies of collectivism and individualism in bioethics: Selective abortion debates and issues of self-determination in Japan and 'the West'
by Kato, Masae & Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret
- 515-521 Theorising the 'human subject' in biomedical research: International clinical trials and bioethics discourses in contemporary Sri Lanka
by Sariola, Salla & Simpson, Bob
- 522-529 Innovation and the English National Health Service: A qualitative study of the independent sector treatment centre programme
by Turner, Simon & Allen, Pauline & Bartlett, Will & Pérotin, Virginie
- 530-534 Prevention better than cure? Health consumer and patients' organisations and public health
by Baggott, Rob & Jones, Kathryn L.
- 535-539 Physician-leaders and hospital performance: Is there an association?
by Goodall, Amanda H.
- 540-549 Bypassing health providers: The quest for better price and quality of health care in Chad
by Gauthier, Bernard & Wane, Waly
- 550-558 Dynamics of social health insurance development: Examining the determinants of Chinese basic health insurance coverage with panel data
by Liu, Jun-Qiang
- 559-567 Does the financial protection of health insurance vary across providers? Vietnam's experience
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Sarma, Sisira & Oguzoglu, Umut
- 568-575 Mortality among the working age population receiving incapacity benefits in New Zealand, 1981-2004
by Shaw, Caroline & Blakely, Tony & Tobias, Martin
- 576-585 Trends in malnutrition among children in India: Growing inequalities across different economic groups
by Pathak, Praveen Kumar & Singh, Abhishek
- 586-594 The impact of Immigration and Customs Enforcement on immigrant health: Perceptions of immigrants in Everett, Massachusetts, USA
by Hacker, Karen & Chu, Jocelyn & Leung, Carolyn & Marra, Robert & Pirie, Alex & Brahimi, Mohamed & English, Margaret & Beckmann, Joshua & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Marlin, Robert P.
- 595-603 Sex inequalities in physical and mental functioning of British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants: Role of job demand, control and work hours
by Sekine, Michikazu & Tatsuse, Takashi & Kagamimori, Sadanobu & Chandola, Tarani & Cable, Noriko & Marmot, Michael & Martikainen, Pekka & Lallukka, Tea & Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 604-614 Socioeconomic status and depression across Japan, Korea, and China: Exploring the impact of labor market structures
by Nishimura, Junko
- 615-622 Sex, stressful life events, and adult onset depression and alcohol dependence: Are men and women equally vulnerable?
by Slopen, Natalie & Williams, David R. & Fitzmaurice, Garrett M. & Gilman, Stephen E.
- 623-623 Corrigendum to: "Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China." [Social Science & Medicine, 72 (2011), 1884-1892]
by Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M.
August 2011, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 351-355 Has HIV/AIDS displaced other health funding priorities? Evidence from a new dataset of development aid for health
by Lordan, Grace & Tang, Kam Ki & Carmignani, Fabrizio
- 356-358 Apparent displacement of global health funding priorities: Time for some difficult decisions? A commentary on Lordan, Tang and Carmignani
by Berlan, David & Halperin, Daniel T.
- 359-366 Moving towards universal health insurance in China: Performance, issues and lessons from Thailand
by Li, Cheng & Yu, Xuan & Butler, James R.G. & Yiengprugsawan, Vasoontara & Yu, Min
- 367-374 From consent to institutions: Designing adaptive governance for genomic biobanks
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Burgess, Michael M. & Edwards, Kelly & Gallagher, Richard P. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Kaye, Jane & McCaffrey, Veronica & Winickoff, David E.
- 375-382 Diagnostic decision making: The last refuge for general practitioners?
by Weiss, Marjorie Cecilia
- 383-390 Exercising choice: The economic determinants of physical activity behaviour of an employed population
by Brown, Heather & Roberts, Jennifer
- 391-398 Adolescents' expectations for the future predict health behaviors in early adulthood
by McDade, Thomas W. & Chyu, Laura & Duncan, Greg J. & Hoyt, Lindsay T. & Doane, Leah D. & Adam, Emma K.
- 399-409 Workaholism and well-being among Japanese dual-earner couples: A spillover-crossover perspective
by Shimazu, Akihito & Demerouti, Evangelia & Bakker, Arnold B. & Shimada, Kyoko & Kawakami, Norito
- 410-420 Environmental justice and health: A study of multiple environmental deprivation and geographical inequalities in health in New Zealand
by Pearce, Jamie R. & Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard J. & Shortt, Niamh K.
- 421-428 Healthier before they migrate, less healthy when they return? The health of returned migrants in Mexico
by Ullmann, S. Heidi & Goldman, Noreen & Massey, Douglas S.
- 429-435 Maternal education and adverse birth outcomes among immigrant women to the United States from Eastern Europe: A test of the healthy migrant hypothesis
by Janevic, T. & Savitz, D.A. & Janevic, M.
- 436-446 Household and community HIV/AIDS status and child malnutrition in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from the demographic and health surveys
by Magadi, Monica A.
- 447-455 Does maternal autonomy influence feeding practices and infant growth in rural India?
by Shroff, Monal R. & Griffiths, Paula L. & Suchindran, Chirayath & Nagalla, Balakrishna & Vazir, Shahnaz & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 456-466 Mental health interventions for children in adversity: Pilot-testing a research strategy for treatment selection in low-income settings
by Jordans, M.J.D. & Tol, W.A. & Komproe, I.H.
- 467-474 Human rights and universal access for men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs: A qualitative analysis of the 2010 UNGASS narrative country progress reports
by Persson, Asha & Ellard, Jeanne & Newman, Christy & Holt, Martin & de Wit, John
- 475-481 More than a dance: The production of sexual health risk in the exotic dance clubs in Baltimore, USA
by Sherman, Susan G. & Lilleston, Pamela & Reuben, Jacqueline
July 2011, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 185-192 The use of standard contracts in the English National Health Service: A case study analysis
by Petsoulas, Christina & Allen, Pauline & Hughes, David & Vincent-Jones, Peter & Roberts, Jennifer
- 193-200 Resisting market-inspired reform in healthcare: The role of professional subcultures in medicine
by Martinussen, Pål Erling & Magnussen, Jon
- 201-208 Empowerment in drug treatment: Dilemmas in implementing policy in welfareÂ institutions
by Frank, Vibeke Asmussen & Bjerge, Bagga
- 209-216 Stock options, tax credits or employment contracts please! The value of deliberative public disagreement about human tissue donation
by Walmsley, Heather L.
- 217-225 Policy and practice in the use of root cause analysis to investigate clinical adverse events: Mind the gap
by Nicolini, Davide & Waring, Justin & Mengis, Jeanne
- 226-234 Mothers' preferences and willingness to pay for HPV vaccines in Vinh Long Province, Vietnam
by Poulos, Christine & Yang, Jui-Chen & Levin, Carol & Van Minh, Hoang & Giang, Kim Bao & Nguyen, Diep
- 235-244 Estimating the economic impact of pandemic influenza: An application of the computable general equilibrium model to the UK
by Smith, Richard D. & Keogh-Brown, Marcus R. & Barnett, Tony
- 245-253 The impact of adding an extra dimension to a preference-based measure
by Brazier, John & Rowen, Donna & Tsuchiya, Aki & Yang, Yaling & Young, Tracy A.
- 254-263 Differences in health between Americans and Western Europeans: Effects on longevity and public finance
by Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Goldman, Dana & Lakdawalla, Darius & Gailey, Adam & Zheng, Yuhui
- 264-273 The importance of gender and conceptualization for understanding the association between collective social capital and health: A multilevel analysis from northern Sweden
by Eriksson, Malin & Ng, Nawi & Weinehall, Lars & Emmelin, Maria
- 274-281 Deliberate self-harm in rural and urban regions: A comparative study of prevalence and patient characteristics
by Harriss, Louise & Hawton, Keith
- 282-292 Familial instability and young children's physical health
by Bzostek, Sharon H. & Beck, Audrey N.
- 293-300 Do changes in parent mental health explain trends in youth emotional problems?
by Schepman, Karen & Collishaw, Stephan & Gardner, Frances & Maughan, Barbara & Scott, Jacqueline & Pickles, Andrew
- 301-307 "Too much of that stuff can't be good": Canadian teens, morality, and fast food consumption
by McPhail, Deborah & Chapman, Gwen E. & Beagan, Brenda L.
- 308-315 Changes in reciprocal support provision and need-based support from partners of patients undergoing radical prostatectomy
by Knoll, Nina & Burkert, Silke & Roigas, Jan & Gralla, Oliver
- 316-326 Work-related critical incidents in hospital-based health care providers and the risk of post-traumatic stress symptoms, anxiety, and depression: A meta-analysis
by de Boer, Jacoba (Coby) & Lok, Anja & van't Verlaat, Ellen & Duivenvoorden, Hugo J. & Bakker, Arnold B. & Smit, Bert J.
- 327-335 Human trafficking and health: A conceptual model to inform policy, intervention and research
by Zimmerman, Cathy & Hossain, Mazeda & Watts, Charlotte
- 336-342 "They don't want our blood": Social inclusion and blood donation among African migrants in Australia
by Polonsky, Michael Jay & Brijnath, Bianca & Renzaho, André M.N.
- 343-350 Structural determinants of adolescent girls' vulnerability to HIV: Views from community members in Botswana, Malawi, and Mozambique
by Underwood, Carol & Skinner, Joanna & Osman, Nadia & Schwandt, Hilary
July 2011, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-5 Relationship between distance to social gathering facilities and risk of trachoma for households in rural Tanzanian communities
by Montgomery, Maggie A. & Desai, Mayur M. & Groce, Nora E. & Elimelech, Menachem
- 6-12 School-based friendship networks and children's physical activity: A spatial analytical approach
by Macdonald-Wallis, Kyle & Jago, Russell & Page, Angie S. & Brockman, Rowan & Thompson, Janice L.
- 13-21 Hispanic immigrant women's perspective on healthy foods and the New York City retail food environment: A mixed-method study
by Park, Yoosun & Quinn, James & Florez, Karen & Jacobson, Judith & Neckerman, Kathryn & Rundle, Andrew
- 22-32 Determinants and beliefs of health information mavens among a lower-socioeconomic position and minority population
by Kontos, Emily Z. & Emmons, Karen M. & Puleo, Elaine & Viswanath, K.
- 33-41 Democracy and growth in divided societies: A health-inequality trap?
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Basu, Sanjay & Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 42-49 The neighborhood context of relative position, trust, and self-rated health
by Bjornstrom, Eileen E.S.
- 50-59 Comparing social determinants of self-rated health across the United States and Canada
by Prus, Steven G.
- 60-67 Critical health literacy: A review and critical analysis
by Chinn, Deborah
- 68-78 Protecting the health of employees caring for family members with special health care needs
by Earle, Alison & Heymann, Jody
- 79-86 Violence against women is strongly associated with suicide attempts: Evidence from the WHO multi-country study on women's health and domestic violence against women
by Devries, Karen & Watts, Charlotte & Yoshihama, Mieko & Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Deyessa, Negussie & Heise, Lori & Durand, Julia & Mbwambo, Jessie & Jansen, Henrica & Berhane, Yemane & Ellsberg, Mary & Garcia-Moreno, Claudia
- 87-94 Infertility treatment and fertility-specific distress: A longitudinal analysis of a population-based sample of U.S. women
by Greil, Arthur L. & McQuillan, Julia & Lowry, Michele & Shreffler, Karina M.
- 95-102 Culture, gender and health care stigma: Practitioners' response to facial masking experienced by people with Parkinson's disease
by Tickle-Degnen, Linda & Zebrowitz, Leslie A. & Ma, Hui-ing
- 103-110 Sakit Hati: A state of chronic mental distress related to resentment and anger amongst West Papuan refugees exposed to persecution
by Rees, Susan & Silove, Derrick
- 111-120 Risk and reproductive decisions: British Pakistani couples' responses to genetic counselling
by Shaw, Alison
- 121-128 Electronic prescriptions and disruptions to the jurisdiction of community pharmacists
by Motulsky, Aude & Sicotte, Claude & Lamothe, Lise & Winslade, Nancy & Tamblyn, Robyn
- 129-134 'Non-compliance' as illness management: Hemodialysis patients' descriptions of adversarial patient-clinician interactions
by Allen, Dawn & Wainwright, Megan & Hutchinson, Thomas
- 135-144 Eliciting ethical and social values in health technology assessment: A participatory approach
by Bombard, Yvonne & Abelson, Julia & Simeonov, Dorina & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre
- 145-152 Community researchers conducting health disparities research: Ethical and other insights from fieldwork journaling
by Mosavel, Maghboeba & Ahmed, Rashid & Daniels, Doria & Simon, Christian
- 153-159 The effect of outpatient dialysis global budget cap on healthcare utilization by end-stage renal disease patients
by Chang, Ray-E. & Hsieh, Chi-Jeng & Myrtle, Robert C.
- 160-168 Price subsidies and the market for mosquito nets in developing countries: A study of Tanzania's discount voucher scheme
by Gingrich, Chris D. & Hanson, Kara & Marchant, Tanya & Mulligan, Jo-Ann & Mponda, Hadji
- 169-176 Taxing sin and saving lives: Can alcohol taxation reduce female homicides?
by Durrance, Christine Piette & Golden, Shelley & Perreira, Krista & Cook, Philip
- 177-182 Life satisfaction and age: Dealing with underidentification in age-period-cohort models
by de Ree, Joppe & Alessie, Rob
- 183-183 Corrigendum to: "Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis" [Social Science & Medicine, 72, Issue 9, May 2011, Pages 1454-1462.]
by Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R.
June 2011, Volume 72, Issue 12
- 1915-1920 Analysing global health assistance: The reach for ethnographic, institutional and political economic scope
by Sridhar, Devi & Craig, David
- 1921-1929 Understanding use of health services in conditional cash transfer programs: Insights from qualitative research in Latin America and Turkey
by Adato, Michelle & Roopnaraine, Terry & Becker, Elisabeth
- 1930-1938 Resource mobilization for health advocacy: Afro-Brazilian religious organizations and HIV prevention and control
by Garcia, Jonathan & Parker, Richard G.
- 1939-1947 What can transaction costs tell us about governance in the delivery of large scale HIV prevention programmes in southern India?
by Guinness, Lorna
- 1948-1955 Effects of the World Bank's maternal and child health intervention on Indonesia's poor: Evaluating the safe motherhood project
by Baird, John & Ma, Steven & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1956-1964 National poverty reduction strategies and HIV/AIDS governance in Malawi: A preliminary study of shared health governance
by Wachira, Catherine & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1965-1974 A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of factors associated with trends in narrowing health inequalities in England
by Blackman, Tim & Wistow, Jonathan & Byrne, David
- 1975-1977 'Tackling health inequalities' and its pros, cons and contradictions: A commentary on Blackman, Wistow and Byrne
by Scambler, Graham
- 1978-1985 Income inequality and personality: Are less equal U.S. states less agreeable?
by de Vries, Robert & Gosling, Samuel & Potter, Jeff
- 1986-1992 Socioeconomic inequalities in old-age mortality: A comparison of Denmark and the USA
by Hoffmann, Rasmus
- 1993-2002 When does neighbourhood matter? Multilevel relationships between neighbourhood social fragmentation and mental health
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Collings, Sunny C. & Blakely, Tony & Dew, Kevin
- 2003-2010 Psychological strains and youth suicide in rural China
by Zhang, Jie & Wieczorek, William F. & Conwell, Yeates & Tu, Xin Ming
- 2011-2019 Feasibility, acceptability, and initial efficacy of a knowledge-contact program to reduce mental illness stigma and improve mental health literacy in adolescents
by Pinto-Foltz, Melissa D. & Logsdon, M. Cynthia & Myers, John A.
- 2020-2025 Young adults' decision making surrounding heavy drinking: A multi-staged model of planned behaviour
by Northcote, Jeremy
- 2026-2032 Informing health? Negotiating the logics of choice and care in everyday practices of 'healthy living'
by Henwood, Flis & Harris, Roma & Spoel, Philippa
- 2033-2040 Scouting for talent: Appointment practices of women professors in academic medicine
by Van den Brink, Marieke
- 2041-2048 Forging convictions: The effects of active participation in a clinical trial
by Scott, Clare & Walker, Jan & White, Peter & Lewith, George
- 2049-2058 Do new cohorts of family physicians work less compared to their older predecessors? The evidence from Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
June 2011, Volume 72, Issue 11
- 1739-1742 Genetics, health care, family and kinship in a global perspective: Situated processes of co-construction
by Horstman, Klasien & Finkler, Kaja
- 1743-1751 Voicing the lifeworld: Parental accounts of responsibility in genetic consultations for polycystic kidney disease
by Clarke, Angus & Sarangi, Srikant & Verrier-Jones, Kate
- 1752-1759 Making genetics not so important: Family work in dealing with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
by Geelen, Els & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 1760-1767 Exploring genetic responsibility for the self, family and kin in the case of hereditary raised cholesterol
by Weiner, Kate
- 1768-1775 Postgenomics, uncertain futures, and the familiarization of susceptibility genes
by Chilibeck, Gillian & Lock, Margaret & Sehdev, Megha
- 1776-1783 They say it runs in the family: Diabetes and inheritance in Oaxaca, Mexico
by Everett, Margaret
- 1784-1792 Family medicine, 'La Herencia' and breast cancer; understanding the (dis)continuities of predictive genetics in Cuba
by Gibbon, Sahra
- 1793-1801 Unambiguous test results or individual independence? The role of clients and families in predictive BRCA-testing in the Netherlands compared to the USA
by Boenink, Marianne
- 1802-1809 Genetic testing, governance, and the family in the People's Republic of China
by Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret Elizabeth
- 1810-1816 Moral landscapes and everyday life in families with Huntington's disease: Aligning ethnographic description and bioethics
by Huniche, Lotte
- 1817-1825 Worry, worry attacks, and PTSD among Cambodian refugees: A path analysis investigation
by Hinton, Devon E. & Nickerson, Angela & Bryant, Richard A.
- 1826-1837 Caught in the crosshairs: Identity and cultural authority within chiropractic
by Villanueva-Russell, Yvonne
- 1838-1845 Making a difference: The construction of ethnicity in HIV and STI epidemiological research by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
by Proctor, Alana & Krumeich, Anja & Meershoek, Agnes
- 1846-1852 Medical returns: Seeking health care in Mexico
by Horton, Sarah & Cole, Stephanie
- 1853-1863 Connecting food environments and health through the relational nature of aesthetics: Gaining insight through the community gardening experience
by Hale, James & Knapp, Corrine & Bardwell, Lisa & Buchenau, Michael & Marshall, Julie & Sancar, Fahriye & Litt, Jill S.
- 1864-1872 Housing and health in three contrasting neighbourhoods in Accra, Ghana
by Arku, Godwin & Luginaah, Isaac & Mkandawire, Paul & Baiden, Philip & Asiedu, Alex B.
- 1873-1883 The intersection of school racial composition and student race/ethnicity on adolescent depressive and somatic symptoms
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Bell, Bethany A. & Maitra, Debeshi
- 1884-1892 Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China
by Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M.
- 1893-1903 Infant mortality and adult stature in Spain
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Bozzoli, Carlos & Bosch, Mariano
- 1904-1912 Understanding the effect of disease adaptation information on general population values for hypothetical health states
by McTaggart-Cowan, Helen & Tsuchiya, Aki & O'Cathain, Alicia & Brazier, John
May 2011, Volume 72, Issue 10
- 1583-1587 The unspoken work of general practitioner receptionists: A re-examination of emotion management in primary care
by Ward, Jenna & McMurray, Robert
- 1588-1594 Understanding the interplay of time, gender and professionalism in hospital medicine in the UK
by Ozbilgin, Mustafa F. & Tsouroufli, Maria & Smith, Merryn
- 1595-1602 Enacting 'team' and 'teamwork': Using Goffman's theory of impression management to illuminate interprofessional practice on hospital wards
by Lewin, Simon & Reeves, Scott
- 1603-1610 Time matters - A theoretical and empirical examination of the temporal landscape of a hospital pathology service and the impact of e-health
by Georgiou, Andrew & Westbrook, Johanna I. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1611-1617 Sexual minority youth, social connection and resilience: From personal struggle to collective identity
by DiFulvio, Gloria T.
- 1618-1629 Understanding HIV disclosure: A review and application of the Disclosure Processes Model
by Chaudoir, Stephenie R. & Fisher, Jeffrey D. & Simoni, Jane M.
- 1630-1638 A methodology for building culture and gender norms into intervention: An example from Mumbai, India
by Kostick, Kristin M. & Schensul, Stephen L. & Singh, Rajendra & Pelto, Pertti & Saggurti, Niranjan
- 1639-1642 Understanding the conviction of Binayak Sen: Neocolonialism, political violence and the political economy of health in the central Indian tribal belt
by Kennedy, Jonathan J. & King, Lawrence P.
- 1643-1651 Prevalence and predictors of smoking in "smoke-free" bars. Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Europe Surveys
by Nagelhout, Gera E. & Mons, Ute & Allwright, Shane & Guignard, Romain & Beck, François & Fong, Geoffrey T. & de Vries, Hein & Willemsen, Marc C.
- 1652-1658 Impact of occupational stress on stroke across occupational classes and genders
by Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kayaba, Kazunori & Ishikawa, Shizukiyo
- 1659-1666 Stress trajectories, health behaviors, and the mental health of black and white young adults
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B.
- 1667-1673 Obesity disparities among disadvantaged men: National adult male inmate prevalence pooled with non-incarcerated estimates, United States, 2002-2004
by Houle, Brian
- 1674-1684 Participation among adults with disability: The role of the urban environment
by Clarke, Philippa J. & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Nieuwenhuijsen, Els R. & de Kleijn - de Vrankrijker, Marijke W.
- 1685-1694 Rural/urban mortality differences in England and Wales and the effect of deprivation adjustment
by Gartner, Andrea & Farewell, Daniel & Roach, Paul & Dunstan, Frank
- 1695-1703 Prenatal care among immigrant and racial-ethnic minority women in a new immigrant destination: Exploring the impact of immigrant legal status
by Korinek, Kim & Smith, Ken R.
- 1704-1710 Is demand-side financing equity enhancing? Lessons from a maternal health voucher scheme in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Shakil & Khan, M. Mahmud
- 1711-1716 Incorporating concerns for equal lifetime health in evaluations of public health programs
by Robberstad, Bjarne & Norheim, Ole F.
- 1717-1727 Best-worst scaling vs. discrete choice experiments: An empirical comparison using social care data
by Potoglou, Dimitris & Burge, Peter & Flynn, Terry & Netten, Ann & Malley, Juliette & Forder, Julien & Brazier, John E.
- 1728-1737 The increasing value of education to health
by Goldman, Dana & Smith, James P.
May 2011, Volume 72, Issue 9
- 1411-1419 Environmental correlates of adiposity in 9-10 year old children: Considering home and school neighbourhoods and routes to school
by Harrison, Flo & Jones, Andrew P. & van Sluijs, Esther M.F. & Cassidy, Aedín & Bentham, Graham & Griffin, Simon J.
- 1420-1428 Child overweight and undernutrition in Thailand: Is there an urban effect?
by Firestone, Rebecca & Punpuing, Sureeporn & Peterson, Karen E. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Gortmaker, Steven L.
- 1429-1436 The effect of maternal tetanus immunization on children's schooling attainment in Matlab, Bangladesh: Follow-up of a randomized trial
by Canning, David & Razzaque, Abdur & Driessen, Julia & Walker, Damian G. & Streatfield, Peter Kim & Yunus, Mohammad
- 1437-1446 Effect of Ecuador's cash transfer program (Bono de Desarrollo Humano) on child development in infants and toddlers: A randomized effectiveness trial
by Fernald, Lia C.H. & Hidrobo, Melissa
- 1447-1453 Environmental stressors, low well-being, smoking, and alcohol use among South African adolescents
by Brook, David W. & Rubenstone, Elizabeth & Zhang, Chenshu & Morojele, Neo K. & Brook, Judith S.
- 1454-1462 Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis
by Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R.
- 1463-1471 The association of food security with psychological distress in New Zealand and any gender differences
by Carter, Kristie N. & Kruse, Kerri & Blakely, Tony & Collings, Sunny
- 1472-1481 Does geographic access to primary healthcare influence the detection of hepatitis C?
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul J. & Dillon, John F.
- 1482-1488 Social isolation, C-reactive protein, and coronary heart disease mortality among community-dwelling adults
by Heffner, Kathi L. & Waring, Molly E. & Roberts, Mary B. & Eaton, Charles B. & Gramling, Robert
- 1489-1498 Similar but different: Health and economic crisis in 1990s Cuba and Russia
by Borowy, Iris
- 1499-1506 Gender relations, prostate cancer and diet: Re-inscribing hetero-normative food practices
by Mróz, Lawrence William & Chapman, Gwen E. & Oliffe, John L. & Bottorff, Joan L.
- 1507-1514 Adolescent men's attitudes and decision-making in relation to an unplanned pregnancy. Responses to an interactive video drama
by Lohan, Maria & Cruise, Sharon & O'Halloran, Peter & Alderdice, Fiona & Hyde, Abbey
- 1515-1521 The effect of breastfeeding on children's educational test scores at nine years of age: Results of an Irish cohort study
by McCrory, Cathal & Layte, Richard
- 1522-1526 Safe access to safe water in low income countries: Water fetching in current times
by Sorenson, Susan B. & Morssink, Christiaan & Campos, Paola Abril
- 1527-1533 God-sent ordeals and their discontents: Ultra-orthodox Jewish women negotiate prenatal testing
by Ivry, Tsipy & Teman, Elly & Frumkin, Ayala
- 1534-1554 Impacts of domestic violence on child growth and nutrition: A conceptual review of the pathways of influence
by Yount, Kathryn M. & DiGirolamo, Ann M. & Ramakrishnan, Usha
- 1555-1562 Conceptions of acculturation: A review and statement of critical issues
by Lopez-Class, Maria & Castro, Felipe González & Ramirez, Amelie G.
- 1563-1569 Finding the moral heart of treatment: Mental health care in a French prison
by Fernandez, Fabrice & Lézé, Samuel
- 1570-1573 Lay people's experiences with reading their medical record
by Wibe, Torunn & Hellesø, Ragnhild & Slaughter, Laura & Ekstedt, Mirjam
- 1574-1581 The socio-political roots of pharmaceutical uncertainty in the evaluation of 'innovative' diabetes drugs in the European Union and the US
by Davis, Courtney & Abraham, John
April 2011, Volume 72, Issue 8
- 1219-1227 Social capital and change in psychological health over time
by Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola & Lindström, Martin
- 1228-1235 Favourable changes in economic well-being and self-rated health among the elderly
by Brenes-Camacho, Gilbert
- 1236-1248 Understanding how race/ethnicity and gender define age-trajectories of disability: An intersectionality approach
by Warner, David F. & Brown, Tyson H.
- 1249-1257 Disparity in disability between native-born non-Hispanic white and foreign-born Asian older adults in the United States: Effects of educational attainment and age at immigration
by Lee, Min-Ah
- 1258-1265 Parenthood, drinking locations and heavy drinking
by Paradis, Catherine
- 1266-1273 Neighborhood walkability, physical activity, and walking behavior: The Swedish Neighborhood and Physical Activity (SNAP) study
by Sundquist, Kristina & Eriksson, Ulf & Kawakami, Naomi & Skog, Lars & Ohlsson, Henrik & Arvidsson, Daniel
- 1274-1283 Are neighborhood education levels associated with BMI among adults in Cairo, Egypt?
by Mowafi, Mona & Khadr, Zeinab & Subramanian, S.V. & Bennett, Gary & Hill, Allan & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1284-1293 Internal migration and health: Premarital sexual initiation in Nigeria
by Mberu, Blessing Uchenna & White, Michael J.
- 1294-1301 Internal migration and health: Re-examining the healthy migrant phenomenon in China
by Chen, Juan
- 1302-1309 Building institutions for an effective health system: Lessons from China's experience with rural health reform
by Bloom, Gerald
- 1310-1316 Public financial support receipt and non-medical resource utilization in Alzheimer's disease results from the PLASA study
by Rapp, Thomas & Grand, Alain & Cantet, Christelle & Andrieu, Sandrine & Coley, Nicola & Portet, Florence & Vellas, Bruno
- 1317-1324 Patients' self-interested preferences: Empirical evidence from a priority setting experiment
by Álvarez, Begoña & Rodríguez-Míguez, Eva
- 1325-1332 Demand for sanitation in Salvador, Brazil: A hybrid choice approach
by Santos, Andreia C. & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Barreto, Mauricio L. & Cairncross, Sandy
- 1333-1341 Health care rationing in an age of uncertainty: A conceptual model
by Moreira, Tiago
- 1342-1350 The pharmaceutical corporation and the 'good work' of managing women's bodies
by Padamsee, Tasleem Juana
- 1351-1358 Dead by 50: Lay expertise and breast cancer screening
by Barker, Kristin K. & Galardi, Tasha R.
- 1359-1366 Tacit and transitionary: An exploration of patients' and primary care health professionals' goals in relation to asthma
by Williams, Brian & Steven, Karen & Sullivan, Frank M.
- 1367-1373 Techniques and transitions: A sociological analysis of sleeping practices amongst recovering heroin users
by Nettleton, Sarah & Neale, Joanne & Pickering, Lucy
- 1374-1382 On the remarkable persistence of asymmetry in doctor/patient interaction: A critical review
by Pilnick, Alison & Dingwall, Robert
- 1383-1392 Non-adherence to antiretroviral treatment and unplanned treatment interruption among people living with HIV/AIDS in Cameroon: Individual and healthcare supply-related factors
by Boyer, Sylvie & Clerc, Isabelle & Bonono, Cécile-Renée & Marcellin, Fabienne & Bilé, Paule-Christiane & Ventelou, Bruno
- 1393-1399 'All is done by Allah'. Understandings of Down syndrome and prenatal testing in Pakistan
by Bryant, Louise D. & Ahmed, Shenaz & Ahmed, Mushtaq & Jafri, Hussain & Raashid, Yasmin
- 1400-1408 The limits of resilience: Distress following chronic political violence among Palestinians
by Hobfoll, Stevan E. & Mancini, Anthony D. & Hall, Brian J. & Canetti, Daphna & Bonanno, George A.
- 1409-1409 Corrigendum to "Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship" [Social Science & Medicine 70 (2010) 479-484]
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Davis, Roger & Kaptchuk, Ted
April 2011, Volume 72, Issue 7
- 1021-1024 The evolving socio-political context of community health worker programmes in South Africa: Implications for historical analysis. A commentary on van Ginneken, Lewin and Berridge "the emergence of community health worker programmes in the late-apartheid era in South Africa: An historical analysis"(2010)
by van Rensburg, Dingie J. & Wouters, Edwin & de Wet, Katinka
- 1025-1027 What can be learnt from historical analysis? Community health workers and health policy in South Africa. A response to van Rensburg, H.C.J., Wouters, E., and de Wet, K.'s critique (in this issue)
by van Ginneken, Nadja & Lewin, Simon & Berridge, Virginia
- 1028-1035 Organizational analysis of Canadian supported employment programs for people with psychiatric disabilities
by Menear, Matthew & Reinharz, Daniel & Corbière, Marc & Houle, Nathalie & Lanctôt, Nathalie & Goering, Paula & Goldner, Elliot M. & Kirsh, Bonnie & Lecomte, Tania
- 1036-1038 Implementation of IPS supported employment around the world: Planned vs. unplanned dissemination. A commentary on Menear etÂ al
by Bond, Gary R. & Drake, Robert E. & Becker, Deborah R.
- 1039-1046 Getting evidence into policy: The need for deliberative strategies?
by Flitcroft, Kathy & Gillespie, James & Salkeld, Glenn & Carter, Stacy & Trevena, Lyndal
- 1047-1055 From "our world" to the "real world": Exploring the views and behaviour of policy-influential Australian public health researchers
by Haynes, Abby S. & Derrick, Gjemma E. & Chapman, Simon & Redman, Sally & Hall, Wayne D. & Gillespie, James & Sturk, Heidi
- 1056-1063 Journal peer review in context: A qualitative study of the social and subjective dimensions of manuscript review in biomedical publishing
by Lipworth, Wendy L. & Kerridge, Ian H. & Carter, Stacy M. & Little, Miles
- 1064-1068 Interpreting social network metrics in healthcare organisations: A review and guide to validating small networks
by Dunn, Adam G. & Westbrook, Johanna I.
- 1069-1076 Sourcing the crowd for health services improvement: The reflexive patient and "share-your-experience" websites
by Adams, Samantha A.
- 1077-1084 Established users and the making of telecare work in long term condition management: Implications for health policy
by Rogers, Anne & Kirk, Sue & Gately, Claire & May, Carl R. & Finch, Tracy
- 1085-1095 Measuring patient-centered communication in cancer care: A literature review and the development of a systematic approach
by McCormack, Lauren A. & Treiman, Katherine & Rupert, Douglas & Williams-Piehota, Pamela & Nadler, Eric & Arora, Neeraj K. & Lawrence, William & Street Jr., Richard L.
- 1096-1104 Breast cancer delay: A grounded model of help-seeking behaviour
by Unger-Saldaña, Karla & Infante-Castañeda, Claudia B.
- 1105-1114 Patient resistance as agency in treatment decisions
by Koenig, Christopher J.
- 1115-1122 Immunitary bioeconomy: The economisation of life in the international cord blood market
by Brown, Nik & Machin, Laura & McLeod, Danae
- 1123-1130 Cycling and the city: A case study of how gendered, ethnic and class identities can shape healthy transport choices
by Steinbach, Rebecca & Green, Judith & Datta, Jessica & Edwards, Phil
- 1131-1139 Why healthy eating is bad for young people's health: Identity, belonging and food
by Stead, Martine & McDermott, Laura & MacKintosh, Anne Marie & Adamson, Ashley
- 1140-1148 Additive and subtractive resilience strategies as enablers of biographical reinvention: A qualitative study of ex-smokers and never-smokers
by Ward, Paul Russell & Muller, Robert & Tsourtos, George & Hersh, Deborah & Lawn, Sharon & Winefield, Anthony H. & Coveney, John
- 1149-1156 Two year psychosocial and mental health outcomes for refugees subjected to restrictive or supportive immigration policies
by Steel, Zachary & Momartin, Shakeh & Silove, Derrick & Coello, Marianio & Aroche, Jorge & Tay, Kuo Wei
- 1157-1168 Delays in recognition of and Care-seeking response to prolonged labor inÂ Bangladesh
by Head, Sara K. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1169-1176 "There is such a thing as too many daughters, but not too many sons": A qualitative study of son preference and fetal sex selection among Indian immigrants in the United States
by Puri, Sunita & Adams, Vincanne & Ivey, Susan & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1177-1184 Different stage, different performance: The protective strategy of role play on emotional health in sex work
by Abel, Gillian M.
- 1185-1192 "Over here, it's just drugs, women and all the madness": The HIV risk environment of clients of female sex workers in Tijuana, Mexico
by Goldenberg, Shira M. & Strathdee, Steffanie A. & Gallardo, Manuel & Rhodes, Tim & Wagner, Karla D. & Patterson, Thomas L.
- 1193-1204 Self-rated health and social capital in transitional countries: Multilevel analysis of comparative surveys in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia
by Habibov, Nazim N. & Afandi, Elvin N.
- 1205-1210 How relevant are district characteristics in explaining subjective health in Germany? - A multilevel analysis
by Diehl, Katharina & Schneider, Sven
- 1211-1218 The effect of survivalism-self-expressionism culture on black male suicide acceptability: A cross-national analysis
by Stack, Steven & Kposowa, Augustine J.
March 2011, Volume 72, Issue 6
- 815-820 Liberating the NHS? A commentary on the Lansley White Paper, "Equity and Excellence"
by Asthana, Sheena
- 821-822 Reflections on commissioning and the English coalition government NHS reforms
by Light, Donald W. & Connor, Martin
- 823-831 Family presence in routine medical visits: A meta-analytical review
by Wolff, Jennifer L. & Roter, Debra L.
- 832-839 Economic evaluation to inform health care decision-making: Promise, pitfalls and a proposal for an alternative path
by Brousselle, Astrid & Lessard, Chantale
- 840-854 Losing life and livelihood: A systematic review and meta-analysis of unemployment and all-cause mortality
by Roelfs, David J. & Shor, Eran & Davidson, Karina W. & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 855-866 Implementing successful intimate partner violence screening programs in health care settings: Evidence generated from a realist-informed systematic review
by O'Campo, Patricia & Kirst, Maritt & Tsamis, Charoula & Chambers, Catharine & Ahmad, Farah
- 867-873 Association of physical violence by an intimate partner around the time of pregnancy with inadequate gestational weight gain
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Tamim, Hala & Lincoln, Alicia M. & Dooley, Suzanna D. & Beydoun, May A.
- 874-883 Psychosocial influences on prisoner suicide: A case-control study of near-lethal self-harm in women prisoners
by Marzano, Lisa & Hawton, Keith & Rivlin, Adrienne & Fazel, Seena
- 884-889 Do local landmark bridges increase the suicide rate? An alternative test of the likely effect of means restriction at suicide-jumping sites
by Glasgow, Garrett
- 890-898 Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: The INMA-Valencia project in Spain
by Llop, Sabrina & Ballester, Ferran & Estarlich, Marisa & Iñiguez, Carmen & Ramón, Rosa & Gonzalez, MCarmen & Murcia, Mario & Esplugues, Ana & Rebagliato, Marisa
- 899-906 Health among hospital employees in Europe: A cross-national study of the impact of work stress and work control
by Pisljar, Tjasa & van der Lippe, Tanja & den Dulk, Laura
- 907-911 The deleterious consequences of privatization and outsourcing for hospital support work: The experiences of contracted-out hospital cleaners and dietary aids in Vancouver, Canada
by Zuberi, Daniyal M. & Ptashnick, Melita B.
- 912-918 Compliant, complacent or panicked? Investigating the problematisation of the Australian general public in pandemic influenza control
by Davis, Mark & Stephenson, Niamh & Flowers, Paul
- 919-927 The determinants of the adoption of pharmaceutical innovation: Evidence from Taiwan
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Kao Yang, Yea-Huei & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 928-936 Do pharmaceuticals displace local knowledge and use of medicinal plants? Estimates from a cross-sectional study in a rural indigenous community, Mexico
by Giovannini, Peter & Reyes-García, Victoria & Waldstein, Anna & Heinrich, Michael
- 937-944 Introducing malaria rapid diagnostic tests at registered drug shops in Uganda: Limitations of diagnostic testing in the reality of diagnosis
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Hall-Clifford, Rachel & Asaph, Turinde & Pascal, Magnussen & Clarke, Siân & Mbonye, Anthony K.
- 945-952 Strange bedfellows: The Catholic Church and Brazilian National AIDS Program in the response to HIV/AIDS in Brazil
by Murray, Laura R. & Garcia, Jonathan & Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Parker, Richard G.
- 953-961 Making sense of condoms: Social representations in young people's HIV-related narratives from six African countries
by Winskell, Kate & Obyerodhyambo, Oby & Stephenson, Rob
- 962-968 Children's understanding of the selling versus persuasive intent of junk food advertising: Implications for regulation
by Carter, Owen B.J. & Patterson, Lisa J. & Donovan, Robert J. & Ewing, Michael T. & Roberts, Clare M.
- 969-976 Food provisioning experiences of ultra poor female heads of household living in Bangladesh
by McIntyre, Lynn & Rondeau, Krista & Kirkpatrick, Sharon & Hatfield, Jennifer & Islam, Khaled Shamsul & Huda, Syed Nazmul
- 977-983 Explaining racial disparities in adverse birth outcomes: Unique sources of stress for Black American women
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Lobel, Marci
- 984-991 Motherhood, pregnancy, and the negotiation of identity: The moral career of drug treatment
by Radcliffe, Polly
- 992-998 Negotiating desires and options: How mothers who carry the fragile X gene experience reproductive decisions
by Raspberry, Kelly Amanda & Skinner, Debra
- 999-1003 Selection in utero contributes to the male longevity deficit
by Catalano, Ralph
- 1004-1015 Infant mortality, season of birth and the health of older Puerto Rican adults
by McEniry, Mary
- 1016-1017 Reconstructing dose: A commentary on McEniry
by Catalano, Ralph & Margerison-Zilko, Claire E. & Saxton, Katherine & LeWinn, Kaja & Anderson, Elizabeth
- 1018-1020 In utero exposures, season of birth and population studies of older adults: Author's reply
by McEniry, Mary C.
February 2011, Volume 72, Issue 4
- 447-455 Effect of increased private share of inpatient psychiatric resources on jail population growth: Evidence from the United States
by Yoon, Jangho
- 456-459 Dysfunctional social control of mental illness: A commentary on Yoon
by Markowitz, Fred. E.
- 460-468 Managing Prader-Willi syndrome in families: An embodied exploration
by Allen, Kerry
- 469-477 Does parental capital influence the prevalence of child overweight and parental perceptions of child weight-level?
by Christensen, Vibeke T.
- 478-485 'I'm a bad mum': Pregnant presenteeism and poor health at work
by Gatrell, Caroline Jane
- 486-493 Gender and the hygiene hypothesis
by Clough, Sharyn
- 494-503 Explaining the curvilinear relationship between age at first birth and depression among women
by Carlson, Daniel L.
- 504-512 How do patients come to be seen as 'difficult'?: A mixed-methods study in community mental health care
by Koekkoek, B. & Hutschemaekers, G. & van Meijel, B. & Schene, A.
- 513-520 Professional relations in sport healthcare: Workplace responses to organisational change
by Malcolm, Dominic & Scott, Andrea
- 521-528 What does an e-mail address add? - Doing health and technology at home
by Andreassen, Hege K.
- 529-536 Negotiating competency, professionalism and risk: The integration of complementary and alternative medicine by nurses and midwives in NHS hospitals
by Cant, Sarah & Watts, Peter & Ruston, Annmarie
- 537-544 Translational science and the hidden research system in universities and academic hospitals: A case study
by Lander, Bryn & Atkinson-Grosjean, Janet
- 545-552 The "biosecuritization" of healthcare delivery: Examples of post-9/11 technological imperatives
by Fisher, Jill A. & Monahan, Torin
- 553-559 Constructing access in predictive medicine. Comparing classification for hereditary breast cancer risks in England, Germany and the Netherlands
by Aarden, Erik & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 560-567 Privatization of social services: Quality differences in Swedish elderly care
by Stolt, Ragnar & Blomqvist, Paula & Winblad, Ulrika
- 568-575 Factors in health initiative success: Learning from Nepal's newborn survival initiative
by Smith, Stephanie L. & Neupane, Shailes
- 576-583 Job loss and depression: The role of subjective expectations
by Mandal, Bidisha & Ayyagari, Padmaja & Gallo, William T.
- 584-590 Social capital and self-rated health in Colombia: The good, the bad and the ugly
by Hurtado, David & Kawachi, Ichiro & Sudarsky, John
- 591-599 The interaction of personal and parental education on health
by Ross, Catherine E. & Mirowsky, John
- 600-607 Social inequalities in the association between partner/marital status and health among workers in Spain
by Artazcoz, Lucia & Cortès, Imma & Borrell, Carme & Escribà-Agüir, Vicenta & Cascant, Lorena
- 608-616 Attributable risk of psychiatric and socio-economic factors for suicide from individual-level, population-based studies: A systematic review
by Li, Zhuoyang & Page, Andrew & Martin, Graham & Taylor, Richard
- 617-624 World health inequality: Convergence, divergence, and development
by Clark, Rob
- 625-633 Socioeconomic context and gastroschisis: Exploring associations at various geographic scales
by Root, Elisabeth D. & Meyer, Robert E. & Emch, Michael
February 2011, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 317-318 Health geography in 'Steel City': Selected papers from the XIII International Medical Geography Symposium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, July 2009
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Elliott, Susan J.
- 319-326 'Vulnerability is universal': Considering the place of 'security' and 'vulnerability' within contemporary global health discourse
by Brown, Tim
- 327-337 Entitlements to health care: Why is there a preference for private facilities among poorer residents of Chennai, India?
by Ergler, Christina R. & Sakdapolrak, Patrick & Bohle, Hans-Georg & Kearns, Robin A.
- 338-346 The influence of culture on home-based family caregiving at end-of-life: A case study of Dutch reformed family care givers in Ontario, Canada
by Donovan, Rhonda & Williams, Allison & Stajduhar, Kelli & Brazil, Kevin & Marshall, Denise
- 347-354 Telecare and older people: Who cares where?
by Milligan, Christine & Roberts, Celia & Mort, Maggie
- 355-364 Aboriginal peoples, health and healing approaches: The effects of age and place on health
by Wilson, Kathi & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Abonyi, Sylvia
- 365-372 Aging, health and place in residential care facilities in Beijing, China
by Cheng, Yang & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Wang, Wuyi & Yang, Linsheng & Li, Hairong
- 373-382 Explaining place-based colorectal cancer health disparities: Evidence from a rural context
by Beyer, Kirsten M.M. & Comstock, Sara & Seagren, Renea & Rushton, Gerard
- 383-388 Examining spatial variations in the prevalence of mental health problems among 5-year-old children in Canada
by Raos, Robert & Janus, Magdalena
- 389-397 Deprivation (im)mobility and cause-specific premature mortality in Scotland
by Exeter, Daniel J. & Boyle, Paul J. & Norman, Paul
- 398-407 Conflict and human African trypanosomiasis
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Lundine, Jamie & Breau, Sebastien
- 408-417 Malaria risk behaviours, socio-cultural practices and rural livelihoods in southern Tanzania: Implications for bednet usage
by Dunn, Christine E. & Le Mare, Ann & Makungu, Christina
- 418-429 Using a neural network for mining interpretable relationships of West Nile risk factors
by Ghosh, Debarchana & Guha, Rajarshi
- 430-438 Do area characteristics predict change in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity from ages 11 to 15 years?
by Pabayo, Roman & Belsky, Jay & Gauvin, Lise & Curtis, Sarah
- 439-445 Concept mapping of diet and physical activity: Uncovering local stakeholders perception in the Quebec City region
by Lebel, Alexandre & Cantinotti, Michael & Pampalon, Robert & Thériault, Marius & Smith, Lindsay A. & Hamelin, Anne-Marie
January 2011, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 125-128 The patchwork: Health reform, American style
by Marmor, Theodore & Oberlander, Jonathan
- 129-132 Historical and comparative reflections on the U.S. national health insurance reforms
by Light, Donald W.
- 133-141 Measuring and decomposing socioeconomic inequality in healthcare delivery: A microsimulation approach with application to the Palestinian conflict-affected fragile setting
by Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Moatti, Jean-Paul & Ventelou, Bruno
- 142-148 Impact of information on intentions to vaccinate in a potential epidemic: Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1)
by Chanel, Olivier & Luchini, Stéphane & Massoni, Sébastien & Vergnaud, Jean-Christophe
- 149-156 Fishing in dangerous waters: Ecology, gender and economy in HIV risk
by Mojola, Sanyu A.
- 157-165 Equity aspects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana: Who is enrolling, who is not and why?
by Jehu-Appiah, Caroline & Aryeetey, Genevieve & Spaan, Ernst & de Hoop, Thomas & Agyepong, Irene & Baltussen, Rob
- 166-172 Effect of the Arizona tobacco control program on cigarette consumption and healthcare expenditures
by Lightwood, James & Glantz, Stanton
- 173-184 Do the poor cost much more? The relationship between small area income deprivation and length of stay for elective hip replacement in the English NHS from 2001 to 2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro
- 185-192 Measuring and valuing productivity loss due to poor health: A critical review
by Zhang, Wei & Bansback, Nick & Anis, Aslam H.
- 193-201 Change in income and change in self-rated health: Systematic review of studies using repeated measures to control for confounding bias
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 202-205 The antagonism of push and pull strategies, and the current funding campaigns to fight orphan diseases
by Leoni, Patrick
- 206-215 Ageing and disability: Job satisfaction differentials across Europe
by Pagan, Ricardo
- 216-223 Utilization of HIV-related services from the private health sector: A multi-country analysis
by Wang, Wenjuan & Sulzbach, Sara & De, Susna
- 224-229 Socioeconomic inequalities in the diffusion of health technology: Uptake of coronary procedures as an example
by Korda, Rosemary J. & Clements, Mark S. & Dixon, Jane
- 230-237 Limited English proficient Asian Americans: Threshold language policy and access to mental health treatment
by Snowden, Lonnie R. & Masland, Mary C. & Peng, Carol J. & Wei-Mien Lou, Christine & Wallace, Neal T.
- 238-246 The role of leader behaviors in hospital-based emergency departments' unit performance and employee work satisfaction
by Yen-Ju Lin, Blossom & Hsu, Chung-Ping C. & Juan, Chi-Wen & Lin, Cheng-Chieh & Lin, Hung-Jung & Chen, Jih-Chang
- 247-255 Referral to and attitude towards traditional Chinese medicine amongst western medical doctors in postcolonial Hong Kong
by Chung, Vincent C.H. & Hillier, Sheila & Lau, Chun Hong & Wong, Samuel Y.S. & Yeoh, Eng Kiong & Griffiths, Sian M.
- 256-264 "So We Adapt Step by Step": Acculturation experiences affecting diabetes management and perceived health for Chinese American immigrants
by Chun, Kevin M. & Chesla, Catherine A. & Kwan, Christine M.L.
- 265-272 Boundaries and risk: Media framing of assisted reproductive technologies and older mothers
by Campbell, Patricia
- 273-282 Food security and humanitarian assistance among displaced Iraqi populations in Jordan and Syria
by Doocy, Shannon & Sirois, Adam & Anderson, Jamie & Tileva, Margarita & Biermann, Elizabeth & Storey, J. Douglas & Burnham, Gilbert
- 283-290 Young people living with parental bereavement: Insights from an ethnographic study of a UK childhood bereavement service
by Brewer, Joanne D. & Sparkes, Andrew C.
- 291-298 Effects of social integration on health: A prospective study of community engagement among African American women
by Fothergill, Kate E. & Ensminger, Margaret E. & Robertson, Judy & Green, Kerry M. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Juon, Hee-Soon
- 299-306 Does social trust at school affect students' smoking and drinking behavior in Japan?
by Takakura, Minoru
- 307-315 Do biological measures mediate the relationship between education and health: A comparative study
by Goldman, Noreen & Turra, Cassio M. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis & Weir, David & Crimmins, Eileen
January 2011, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-2 Major reductions in global suicide numbers can be made rapidly through pesticide regulation without the need for psychosocial interventions
by Eddleston, Michael & Bateman, D. Nicholas
- 3-5 Pesticides, paracetamol and psychosocial interventions: A reply to a commentary on Florentine and Crane
by Florentine, Julia B. & Crane, Catherine
- 6-14 Ironic technology: Old age and the implantable cardioverter defibrillator in US health care
by Kaufman, Sharon R. & Mueller, Paul S. & Ottenberg, Abigale L. & Koenig, Barbara A.
- 15-22 The construction of ethnic differences in work incapacity risks: Analysing ordering practices of physicians in the Netherlands
by Meershoek, Agnes & Krumeich, Anja & Vos, Rein
- 23-30 Accessing the field: Disability and the research process
by Brown, Lindsey & Boardman, Felicity K.
- 31-38 Unpacking capacity to utilize research: A tale of the Burkina Faso public health association
by Hamel, Nadia & Schrecker, Ted
- 39-48 Health sector decentralization and local decision-making: Decision space, institutional capacities and accountability in Pakistan
by Bossert, Thomas John & Mitchell, Andrew David
- 49-53 How will e-health affect patient participation in the clinic? A review of e-health studies and the current evidence for changes in the relationship between medical professionals and patients
by Dedding, Christine & van Doorn, Roesja & Winkler, Lex & Reis, Ria
- 54-62 Internet peer support for individuals with psychiatric disabilities: A randomized controlled trial
by Kaplan, Katy & Salzer, Mark S. & Solomon, Phyllis & Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Cousounis, Pamela
- 63-71 Effectiveness of a video-based motivational skills-building HIV risk-reduction intervention for female military personnel
by Essien, E. James & Mgbere, Osaro & Monjok, Emmanuel & Ekong, Ernest & Holstad, Marcia M. & Kalichman, Seth C.
- 72-82 Examining the association of abortion history and current mental health: A reanalysis of the National Comorbidity Survey using a common-risk-factors model
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Finer, Lawrence B.
- 83-90 Predictors of alcohol use prior to pregnancy recognition among township women in Cape Town, South Africa
by O'Connor, Mary J. & Tomlinson, Mark & LeRoux, Ingrid M. & Stewart, Jacqueline & Greco, Erin & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 91-99 "When you got nothing to do, you do somebody": A community's perceptions of neighborhood effects on adolescent sexual behaviors
by Akers, Aletha Y. & Muhammad, Melvin R. & Corbie-Smith, Giselle
- 100-107 Do early-life conditions predict functional health status in adulthood? The case of Mexico
by Huang, Cheng & Soldo, Beth J. & Elo, Irma T.
- 108-115 Inequalities in childhood cancer mortality according to parental socioeconomic position: A birth cohort study in South Korea
by Son, Mia & Kim, Jongoh & Oh, Juhwan & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 116-123 A longitudinal analysis of the relationship between changes in socio-economic status and changes in health
by Halleröd, Björn & Gustafsson, Jan-Eric
December 2010, Volume 71, Issue 12
- 2047-2048 An appreciation of Mildred Blaxter, 1925-2010
by Macintyre, Sally
- 2049-2056 Effects of child health on housing in the urban U.S
by Curtis, Marah A. & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 2057-2065 Are local health department expenditures related to racial disparities in mortality?
by Grembowski, David & Bekemeier, Betty & Conrad, Douglas & Kreuter, William
- 2066-2073 Mortality and business cycles by level of development: Evidence from Mexico
by Gonzalez, Fidel & Quast, Troy
- 2074-2082 Demand for voluntary health insurance in developing countries: The case of Vietnam's school-age children and adolescent student health insurance program
by Nguyen, Ha & Knowles, James
- 2083-2090 Economic fluctuations and suicide: A comparison of Taiwan and Hong Kong
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Yip, Paul S.F. & Lee, Carmen & Fan, Hsiang-Fang & Fu, King-Wa
- 2091-2099 Sex differences in physical and mental functioning of Japanese civil servants: Explanations from work and family characteristics
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 2100-2107 What does "occupation" represent as an indicator of socioeconomic status?: Exploring occupational prestige and health
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Xu, Jun & Gong, Fang
- 2108-2116 Metropolitan isolation segregation and Black-White disparities in very preterm birth: A test of mediating pathways and variance explained
by Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L. & Drews-Botsch, Carolyn D. & Waller, Lance A. & Hogue, Carol R.
- 2117-2129 The geography of institutional psychiatric care in France 1800-2000: Historical analysis of the spatial diffusion of specialised facilities for institutional care of mental illness
by Coldefy, Magali & Curtis, Sarah E.
- 2130-2140 Employment relations, social class and health: A review and analysis of conceptual and measurement alternatives
by Muntaner, Carles & Borrell, Carme & Vanroelen, Christophe & Chung, Haejoo & Benach, Joan & Kim, Il Ho & Ng, Edwin
- 2141-2149 Inventory and analysis of definitions of social participation found in the aging literature: Proposed taxonomy of social activities
by Levasseur, Mélanie & Richard, Lucie & Gauvin, Lise & Raymond, Émilie
- 2150-2161 Correlates and consequences of internalized stigma for people living with mental illness: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Livingston, James D. & Boyd, Jennifer E.
- 2162-2169 Chinese and American employers' perspectives regarding hiring people with behaviorally driven health conditions: The role of stigma
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Tsang, Hector W.H. & Shi, Kan & Lam, Chow S. & Larson, Jon
- 2170-2177 Experience of human rights violations and subsequent mental disorders - A study following the war in the Balkans
by Priebe, Stefan & Bogic, Marija & Ashcroft, Richard & Franciskovic, Tanja & Galeazzi, Gian Maria & Kucukalic, Abdulah & Lecic-Tosevski, Dusica & Morina, Nexhmedin & Popovski, Mihajlo & Roughton, Michael & Schützwohl, Matthias & Ajdukovic, Dean
- 2178-2186 The gendered experience of stigmatization in severe and persistent mental illness in Lima, Peru
by Robillard, Chantal
- 2187-2194 Precarious spaces: Risk, responsibility and uncertainty in school-based suicide prevention programs
by White, Jennifer & Morris, Jonathan
- 2195-2203 Medical training as adventure-wonder and adventure-ordeal: A dialogical analysis of affect-laden pedagogy
by Madill, Anne & Sullivan, Paul
- 2204-2211 Fresh or frozen? Classifying 'spare' embryos for donation to human embryonic stem cell research
by Ehrich, Kathryn & Williams, Clare & Farsides, Bobbie
- 2212-2218 Experiences of, and attitudes towards, pregnancy and fatherhood amongst incarcerated young male offenders: Findings from a qualitative study
by Buston, Katie Margaret
- 2219-2219 Special issue call for papers: Challenges of changing health behaviours
by Aboud, Frances
December 2010, Volume 71, Issue 11
- 1897-1900 Virtual special issue introduction: Health behaviour change
by Aboud, Frances E.
- 1901-1909 Impacts of a support intervention for low-income women who smoke
by Stewart, Miriam J. & Kushner, Kaysi Eastlick & Greaves, Lorraine & Letourneau, Nicole & Spitzer, Denise & Boscoe, Madeline
- 1910-1912 The value of more information: A commentary on Stewart et al
by Lillard, Dean R.
- 1913-1915 Participatory pilot interventions for vulnerable populations: A response to Lillard
by Stewart, Miriam J. & Letourneau, Nicole L. & Kushner, Kaysi E.
- 1916-1920 An RCT study to evaluate a targeted, theory driven healthy eating leaflet
by Baker, Holly J. & Butler, Laurie T. & Chambers, Stephanie A. & Traill, W. Bruce & Lobb, Alexandra E. & Herbert, Georgia
- 1921-1926 Factors associated with partner referral among patients with sexually transmitted infections in Bangladesh
by Alam, Nazmul & Streatfield, Peter Kim & Khan, Sharful Islam & Momtaz, Dalia & Kristensen, Sibylle & Vermund, Sten H.
- 1927-1934 A life-cycle approach to the analysis of the relationship between social capital and health in Britain
by Borgonovi, Francesca
- 1935-1942 Do the wealthy have a health advantage? Cardiovascular disease risk factors and wealth
by Hajat, A. & Kaufman, J.S. & Rose, K.M. & Siddiqi, A. & Thomas, J.C.
- 1943-1950 Neighborhoods, daily activities, and measuring health risks experienced in urban environments
by Basta, Luke A. & Richmond, Therese S. & Wiebe, Douglas J.
- 1951-1957 Scottish mortality rates 2000-2002 by deprivation and small area population mobility
by Brown, Denise & Leyland, Alastair H.
- 1958-1963 National female literacy, individual socio-economic status, and maternal health care use in sub-Saharan Africa
by McTavish, Sarah & Moore, Spencer & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John
- 1964-1972 Income-related health inequalities in the Nordic countries: Examining the role of education, occupational class, and age
by Huijts, Tim & Eikemo, Terje Andreas & Skalická, Vera
- 1973-1980 Reducing child malnutrition in Nigeria: Combined effects of income growth and provision of information about mothers' access to health care services
by Agee, Mark D.
- 1981-1988 Do self-perceived health changes predict longevity?
by Erdogan-Ciftci, Esen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Bago d'Uva, Teresa & van Lenthe, Frank
- 1989-1996 Extending transaction cost economics: Towards a synthesised approach for analysing contracting in health care markets with experience from the Australian private sector
by Donato, Ronald
- 1997-2004 Integrated care in the emergency department: A complex adaptive systems perspective
by Nugus, Peter & Carroll, Katherine & Hewett, David G. & Short, Alison & Forero, Roberto & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 2005-2013 Discursive gaps in the implementation of public health policy guidelines in India: The case of HIV testing
by Sheikh, Kabir & Porter, John
- 2014-2019 Increasing supply of dentists induces their geographic diffusion in contrast with physicians in Japan
by Toyokawa, Satoshi & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 2020-2027 Urban-rural differences in dental caries of 5-year old children in Scotland
by Levin, Kate A. & Davies, Carolyn A. & Douglas, Gail V.A. & Pitts, Nigel B.
- 2028-2037 False hope: Effects of social class and health policy on oral health inequalities for migrant farmworker families
by Castañeda, Heide & Carrion, Iraida V. & Kline, Nolan & Tyson, Dinorah Martinez
- 2038-2045 Birth choices in Timor-Leste: A framework for understanding the use of maternal health services in low resource settings
by Wild, Kayli & Barclay, Lesley & Kelly, Paul & Martins, Nelson
- 2046-2046 Corrigendum to: "Suicide prevention by limiting access to methods: A review of theory and practice" [Social Science & Medicine, 70, (2010), 1626-1632]
by Florentine, Julia Buus & Crane, Catherine
November 2010, Volume 71, Issue 10
- 1703-1710 Joining-up thinking: Loss in childbearing from inter-disciplinary perspectives
by de Kok, Bregje & Hussein, Julia & Jeffery, Patricia
- 1711-1718 Only when the boat has started sinking: A maternal death in rural north India
by Jeffery, Patricia & Jeffery, Roger
- 1719-1727 Confronting maternal mortality, controlling birth in Nepal: The gendered politics of receiving biomedical care at birth
by Brunson, Jan
- 1728-1738 A lost cause? Extending verbal autopsy to investigate biomedical and socio-cultural causes of maternal death in Burkina Faso and Indonesia
by D'Ambruoso, Lucia & Byass, Peter & Qomariyah, Siti Nurul & Ouédraogo, Moctar
- 1739-1748 Assessing and understanding quality of care in a labour ward: A pilot study combining clinical and social science perspectives in Gondar, Ethiopia
by Pitchforth, Emma & Lilford, Richard J. & Kebede, Yigzaw & Asres, Getahun & Stanford, Charlotte & Frost, Jodie
- 1749-1756 Beyond body counts: A qualitative study of lives and loss in Burkina Faso after 'near-miss' obstetric complications
by Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi & Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Ouattara, Fatoumata & Filippi, Véronique
- 1757-1763 Loss in childbearing among Gambia's kanyalengs: Using a stratified reproduction framework to expand the scope of sexual and reproductive health
by Hough, Carolyn A.
- 1764-1772 "These are not good things for other people to know": How rural Tanzanian women's experiences of pregnancy loss and early neonatal death may impact survey data quality
by Haws, Rachel A. & Mashasi, Irene & Mrisho, Mwifadhi & Schellenberg, Joanna Armstrong & Darmstadt, Gary L. & Winch, Peter J.
- 1773-1779 Marginal matters: Pregnancy loss as a social event
by van der Sijpt, Erica
- 1780-1787 Health seeking behaviour of childless women in Bangladesh: An ethnographic exploration for the special issue on: Loss in child bearing
by Nahar, Papreen
- 1788-1795 Linking two opposites of pregnancy loss: Induced abortion and infertility in Yoruba society, Nigeria
by Koster, Winny
- 1796-1803 How children and young people construct and negotiate living with medical technology
by Kirk, Susan
- 1804-1810 "So we started talking about a beach in Barbados": Visualization practices and needle phobia
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Shaw, David
- 1811-1818 Do patient autonomy preferences matter? Linking patient-centered care to patient-physician relationships and health outcomes
by Lee, Yin-Yang & Lin, Julia L.
- 1819-1830 Can we explain increases in young people's psychological distress over time?
by Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick & Young, Robert & Der, Geoff
- 1831-1838 Marital status and gender differences in managing a chronic illness: The function of health-related social control
by August, Kristin J. & Sorkin, Dara H.
- 1839-1846 Translating HIV interventions into practice: Community-based organizations' experiences with the diffusion of effective behavioral interventions (DEBIs)
by Margaret Dolcini, M. & Gandelman, Alice A. & Vogan, Stacy A. & Kong, Carol & Leak, Tia-Nicole & King, A.J. & DeSantis, Linda & O'Leary, Ann
- 1847-1854 Adversities in childhood and adult psychopathology in the South Africa Stress and Health Study: Associations with first-onset DSM-IV disorders
by Slopen, Natalie & Williams, David R. & Seedat, Soraya & Moomal, Hashim & Herman, Allen & Stein, Dan J.
- 1855-1863 Spirituality within the family and the prevention of health risk behavior among adolescents in Bangkok, Thailand
by Chamratrithirong, Aphichat & Miller, Brenda A. & Byrnes, Hilary F. & Rhucharoenpornpanich, Orratai & Cupp, Pamela K. & Rosati, Michael J. & Fongkaew, Warunee & Atwood, Katharine A. & Chookhare, Warunee
- 1864-1871 Socioeconomic variation in the impact of obesity on health-related quality of life
by Minet Kinge, Jonas & Morris, Stephen
- 1872-1881 Examining cost variation across hospital departments-a two-stage multi-level approach using patient-level data
by Laudicella, Mauro & Olsen, Kim Rose & Street, Andrew
- 1882-1889 Estimating the additional cost of disability: Beyond budget standards
by Wilkinson-Meyers, Laura & Brown, Paul & McNeill, Robert & Patston, Philip & Dylan, Sacha & Baker, Ronelle
- 1890-1895 Measurement challenges of informal caregiving: A novel measurement method applied to a cohort of palliative care patients
by Dumont, Serge & Jacobs, Philip & Turcotte, Véronique & Anderson, Donna & Harel, François
November 2010, Volume 71, Issue 9
- 1537-1540 Virtual special issue introduction: Public participation in health policy in high income countries - A review of why, who, what, which, and where?
by Tenbensel, Tim
- 1541-1547 Configuring users of cholesterol lowering foods: A review of biomedical discourse
by Weiner, Kate
- 1548-1556 Cancergazing? CA125 and post-treatment surveillance in advanced ovarian cancer
by Jordens, Christopher F.C. & Morrell, Bronwen & Harnett, Paul & Hobbs, Kim & Mason, Catherine & Kerridge, Ian H.
- 1557-1566 Looking upstream to understand low back pain and return to work: Psychosocial factors as the product of system issues
by Soklaridis, Sophie & Ammendolia, Carlo & Cassidy, David
- 1567-1575 Young women facing multiple and intersecting stressors of modernity, gender orders and youth
by Wiklund, Maria & Bengs, Carita & Malmgren-Olsson, Eva-Britt & Öhman, Ann
- 1576-1583 "I feel like half my body is clogged up": Lay models of stroke in Central Aceh, Indonesia
by Norris, Meriel & Allotey, Pascale & Barrett, Geraldine
- 1584-1592 Social networks and contraception practice of women in rural Bangladesh
by Gayen, Kaberi & Raeside, Robert
- 1593-1600 Knowledge, legitimacy and economic practice in informal markets for medicine: A critical review of research
by Cross, Jamie & MacGregor, Hayley Nan
- 1601-1609 Social venues that protect against and promote HIV risk for young men in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
by Yamanis, Thespina J. & Maman, Suzanne & Mbwambo, Jessie K. & Earp, Jo Anne E. & Kajula, Lusajo J.
- 1610-1619 Migration-related health inequalities: Showing the complex interactions between gender, social class and place of origin
by Malmusi, Davide & Borrell, Carme & Benach, Joan
- 1620-1626 From places to flows. International secondary migration and birth outcomes
by Urquia, Marcelo L. & Frank, John W. & Glazier, Richard H.
- 1627-1635 The availability of community ties predicts likelihood of peer referral for mammography: Geographic constraints on viral marketing
by Southwell, Brian G. & Slater, Jonathan S. & Rothman, Alexander J. & Friedenberg, Laura M. & Allison, Tiffany R. & Nelson, Christina L.
- 1636-1643 Characterizing self-rated health during a period of changing health status
by Perruccio, Anthony V. & Badley, Elizabeth M. & Hogg-Johnson, Sheilah & Davis, Aileen M.
- 1644-1652 Social inequalities in childhood dental caries: The convergent roles of stress, bacteria and disadvantage
by Boyce, W. Thomas & Den Besten, Pamela K. & Stamperdahl, Juliet & Zhan, Ling & Jiang, Yebin & Adler, Nancy E. & Featherstone, John D.
- 1653-1661 Exploring the associations between intimate partner violence and women's mental health: Evidence from a population-based study in Paraguay
by Ishida, Kanako & Stupp, Paul & Melian, Mercedes & Serbanescu, Florina & Goodwin, Mary
- 1662-1668 Does volunteering moderate the relation between functional limitations and mortality?
by Okun, Morris A. & August, Kristin J. & Rook, Karen S. & Newsom, Jason T.
- 1669-1676 Mediating processes in bereavement: The role of rumination, threatening grief interpretations, and deliberate grief avoidance
by van der Houwen, Karolijne & Stroebe, Margaret & Schut, Henk & Stroebe, Wolfgang & Bout, Jan van den
- 1677-1682 A policy case study of blood in Australia
by Graves, Nicholas & Clare, Gina & Haines, Mary & Bird, Robert
- 1683-1686 Overcoming gendered and professional hierarchies in order to facilitate escalation of care in emergency situations: The role of standardised communication protocols
by Mackintosh, Nicola & Sandall, Jane
- 1687-1691 Moral distress experienced by health care professionals who provide home-based palliative care
by Brazil, Kevin & Kassalainen, Sharon & Ploeg, Jenny & Marshall, Denise
- 1692-1701 The influence of organizational context on quality improvement and patient safety efforts in infection prevention: A multi-center qualitative study
by Krein, Sarah L. & Damschroder, Laura J. & Kowalski, Christine P. & Forman, Jane & Hofer, Timothy P. & Saint, Sanjay
October 2010, Volume 71, Issue 8
- 1375-1378 Culture, status and context in community health worker pay: Pitfalls and opportunities for policy research. A commentary on Glenton et al. (2010)
by Maes, Kenneth C. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Closser, Svea
- 1379-1380 Should we care what policy makers think? A response to Maes, Kohrt and Closser
by Glenton, Claire & Scheel, Inger B. & Pradhan, Sabina & Lewin, Simon & Hodgins, Stephen
- 1381-1384 Assisting war-torn populations - Should we prioritize reducing daily stressors to improve mental health? Comment on Miller and Rasmussen (2010)
by Neuner, Frank
- 1385-1389 Mental health and armed conflict: The importance of distinguishing between war exposure and other sources of adversity: A response to Neuner
by Miller, Kenneth E. & Rasmussen, Andrew
- 1390-1398 The public health critical race methodology: Praxis for antiracism research
by Ford, Chandra L. & Airhihenbuwa, Collins O.
- 1399-1408 Longing to belong: Social inclusion and wellbeing among youth with refugee backgrounds in the first three years in Melbourne, Australia
by Correa-Velez, Ignacio & Gifford, Sandra M. & Barnett, Adrian G.
- 1409-1417 Structural forces and the production of TB-related stigma among Haitians in two contexts
by Coreil, Jeannine & Mayard, Gladys & Simpson, Kelly M. & Lauzardo, Michael & Zhu, Yiliang & Weiss, Mitchell
- 1418-1427 Disability and self-rated health among older women and men in rural Guatemala: The role of obesity and chronic conditions
by Yount, Kathryn M. & Hoddinott, John & Stein, Aryeh D.
- 1428-1435 Spatial and socio-behavioral patterns of HIV prevalence in the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Messina, Jane P. & Emch, Michael & Muwonga, Jeremie & Mwandagalirwa, Kashamuka & Edidi, Samuel B. & Mama, Nicaise & Okenge, Augustin & Meshnick, Steven R.
- 1436-1446 Understanding community context and adult health changes in China: Development of an urbanicity scale
by Jones-Smith, Jessica C. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 1447-1454 Effects of cumulative risk on behavioral and psychological well-being in first grade: Moderation by neighborhood context
by Lima, Julie & Caughy, Margaret & Nettles, Saundra M. & O'Campo, Patricia J.
- 1455-1462 The impact of downsizing on remaining workers' sickness absence
by Østhus, Ståle & Mastekaasa, Arne
- 1463-1471 Christmas and New Year as risk factors for death
by Phillips, David & Barker, Gwendolyn E. & Brewer, Kimberly M.
- 1472-1479 Do gender differences in mental health contribute to gender differences in physical health?
by Needham, Belinda & Hill, Terrence D.
- 1480-1488 Exploring the ambiguities of masculinity in accounts of emotional distress in the military among young ex-servicemen
by Green, Gill & Emslie, Carol & O'Neill, Dan & Hunt, Kate & Walker, Steven
- 1489-1497 Parents who use drugs: Accounting for damage and its limitation
by Rhodes, Tim & Bernays, Sarah & Houmoller, Kathrin
- 1498-1505 'All in the same boat'? Patient and carer attitudes to peer support and social comparison in Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
by Locock, Louise & Brown, Janice B.
- 1506-1512 Professional autonomy in 21st century healthcare: Nurses' accounts of clinical decision-making
by Traynor, Michael & Boland, Maggie & Buus, Niels
- 1513-1519 The natural, the normal and the normative: Contested terrains in ageing and old age
by Jones, Ian Rees & Higgs, Paul F.
- 1520-1526 Advancing health equity in the global marketplace: How human rights can help
by Schrecker, Ted & Chapman, Audrey R. & Labonté, Ronald & De Vogli, Roberto
- 1527-1534 The changing role of agriculture in tobacco control policymaking: A South Carolina case study
by Sullivan, Sarah & Glantz, Stanton
- 1535-1535 Erratum to: "Epidemiological transition: Model or illusion? A look at the problem of health in Mexico" [Social Science & Medicine, 57, (2003), 539-550]
by Martínez S., Carolina & Leal F., Gustavo
October 2010, Volume 71, Issue 7
- 1219-1220 Changes in the editorial team and innovations at Social Science & Medicine
by Annandale, Ellen
- 1221-1222 Reactions to Fair Society, Healthy Lives (The Marmot Review)
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1223-1226 Investing in health to improve the wellbeing of the disadvantaged: Reversing the argument of Fair Society, Healthy Lives (The Marmot Review)
by Canning, David & Bowser, Diana
- 1227-1230 Rising up with shoe leather? A comment on Fair Society, Healthy Lives (The Marmot Review)
by Chandra, Amitabh & Vogl, Tom S.
- 1231-1233 Against the organization of misery? The Marmot Review of health inequalities
by Pickett, Kate E. & Dorling, Danny
- 1234-1236 Swimming upstream? Taking action on the social determinants of health inequalities
by Whitehead, Margaret & Popay, Jennie
- 1237-1239 The Marmot Review - Social revolution by Stealth
by Nathanson, Constance & Hopper, Kim
- 1240-1243 Evidence-based politics: How successful have government reviews been as policy instruments to reduce health inequalities in England?
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa
- 1244-1248 Inequalities in child healthy development: Some challenges for effective implementation
by Lynch, John W. & Law, Catherine & Brinkman, Sally & Chittleborough, Catherine & Sawyer, Michael
- 1249-1253 Has the English strategy to reduce health inequalities failed?
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1254-1258 A social movement, based on evidence, to reduce inequalities in health
by Marmot, Michael & Allen, Jessica & Goldblatt, Peter
- 1259-1267 Physical functioning among mid-life women: Associations with trajectory of depressive symptoms
by Tomey, Kristin & Sowers, MaryFran R. & Harlow, Sioban & Jannausch, Mary & Zheng, Huiyong & Bromberger, Joyce
- 1268-1276 Do Mexican immigrants "import" social gradients in health to the US?
by Buttenheim, Alison & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Wong, Rebeca & Chung, Chang
- 1277-1284 Factors associated with the perpetration of sexual violence among wine-shop patrons in Chennai, India
by Go, Vivian F. & Srikrishnan, Aylur K. & Salter, Megan L. & Mehta, Shruti & Johnson, Sethulakshmi C. & Sivaram, Sudha & Davis, Wendy & Solomon, Suniti & Celentano, David D.
- 1285-1291 Cancer and mastery: Do age and cohort matter?
by Pudrovska, Tetyana
- 1292-1299 Research on meaning-making and health in secular society: Secular, spiritual and religious existential orientations
by la Cour, Peter & Hvidt, Niels C.
- 1300-1307 Bullying victimisation, self harm and associated factors in Irish adolescent boys
by McMahon, Elaine M. & Reulbach, Udo & Keeley, Helen & Perry, Ivan J. & Arensman, Ella
- 1308-1315 You can't get anything perfect: "User perspectives on the delivery of cognitive behavioural therapy by telephone"
by Bee, Penny Elizabeth & Lovell, Karina & Lidbetter, Nicola & Easton, Katherine & Gask, Linda
- 1316-1323 Food, eating and taste: Parents' perspectives on the making of the middle class teenager
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn C. & Wills, Wendy J. & Roberts, Mei-Li & Lawton, Julia
- 1324-1331 "More natural but less normal": Reconsidering medicalisation and agency through women's accounts of menstrual suppression
by Gunson, Jessica Shipman
- 1332-1340 Lean healthcare: Rhetoric, ritual and resistance
by Waring, Justin J. & Bishop, Simon
- 1341-1348 Niche players in health policy: Medical specialty societies in Congress 1969-2002
by Rabinowitz, Aaron & Laugesen, Miriam
- 1349-1356 A new approach to global health institutions? A case study of new vaccine introduction and the formation of the GAVI Alliance
by Sandberg, Kristin Ingstad & Andresen, Steinar & Bjune, Gunnar
- 1357-1365 The "aid contract" and its compensation scheme: A case study of the performance of the Ugandan health sector
by Oliveira Cruz, Valeria & McPake, Barbara
- 1366-1373 Poverty and childhood undernutrition in developing countries: A multi-national cohort study
by Petrou, Stavros & Kupek, Emil
- 1374-1374 Corrigendum to: "Understanding factors influencing substance use in people with recent onset psychosis: A qualitative study" [Social Science & Medicine 70 (2010) 1141-1147]
by Lobban, Fiona & Barrowclough, Christine & Jeffery, Sophie & Bucci, Sandra & Taylor, Katherine & Mallinson, Sara & Fitzsimmons, Mike & Marshall, Max
September 2010, Volume 71, Issue 6
- 1049-1055 Evidence and policymaking: The introduction of MMR vaccine in the Netherlands
by Blume, Stuart & Tump, Janneke
- 1056-1062 Evidence based public health: A review of the experience of the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) of developing public health guidance in England
by Kelly, Michael & Morgan, Antony & Ellis, Simon & Younger, Tricia & Huntley, Jane & Swann, Catherine
- 1063-1067 From mainstream to marginal? Trends in the use of Chinese medicine in China from 1991 to 2004
by Jin, Lei
- 1068-1075 'Fantastic hands' - But no evidence: The construction of expertise by users of CAM
by Pedersen, Inge Kryger & Baarts, Charlotte
- 1076-1083 The medicalisation of 'tall' girls: A discourse analysis of medical literature on the use of synthetic oestrogen to reduce female height
by Rayner, Jo-Anne & Pyett, Priscilla & Astbury, Jill
- 1084-1088 Medical specialty prestige and lifestyle preferences for medical students
by Creed, Peter A. & Searle, Judy & Rogers, Mary E.
- 1089-1093 Cervical cancer screening in Malaysia: Are targeted interventions necessary?
by Dunn, Richard A. & Tan, Andrew K.G.
- 1094-1101 "I like to be an informed person but..." negotiating responsibility for treatment decisions in cancer care
by Sinding, Christina & Hudak, Pamela & Wiernikowski, Jennifer & Aronson, Jane & Miller, Pat & Gould, Judy & Fitzpatrick-Lewis, Donna
- 1102-1109 Chasing the dragon: Developing indicators for the assessment of community participation in health programmes
by Draper, Alizon Katharine & Hewitt, Gillian & Rifkin, Susan
- 1110-1118 The emergence of community health worker programmes in the late apartheid era in South Africa: An historical analysis
by van Ginneken, Nadja & Lewin, Simon & Berridge, Virginia
- 1119-1130 Exploring the use of social network methods in designing healthcare quality improvement teams
by Meltzer, David & Chung, Jeanette & Khalili, Parham & Marlow, Elizabeth & Arora, Vineet & Schumock, Glen & Burt, Ron
- 1131-1140 Rural vs urban hospital performance in a 'competitive' public health service
by Garcia-Lacalle, Javier & Martin, Emilio
- 1141-1149 Associations between income inequality at municipality level and health depend on context - A multilevel analysis on myocardial infarction in Sweden
by Henriksson, Göran & Weitoft, Gunilla Ringbäck & Allebeck, Peter
- 1150-1160 Socioeconomic position, gender, health behaviours and biomarkers of cardiovascular disease and diabetes
by Kavanagh, Anne & Bentley, Rebecca J. & Turrell, Gavin & Shaw, Jonathan & Dunstan, David & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1161-1172 The effect of immigrant generation and duration on self-rated health among US adults 2003-2007
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Bates, Lisa M. & Osypuk, Theresa L. & McArdle, Nancy
- 1173-1181 The mental health and psychosocial adjustment of Cuban immigrants in south Florida
by Cislo, Andrew M. & Spence, Naomi J. & Gayman, Mathew D.
- 1182-1188 Do experiences of racial discrimination predict cardiovascular disease among African American men? The moderating role of internalized negative racial group attitudes
by Chae, David H. & Lincoln, Karen D. & Adler, Nancy E. & Syme, S. Leonard
- 1189-1198 The contribution of smoking and obesity to income-related inequalities in health in England
by Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen
- 1199-1207 Intimate partner violence and initiation of smoking and drinking: A population-based study of women in Yokohama, Japan
by Yoshihama, Mieko & Horrocks, Julie & Bybee, Deborah
- 1208-1217 Trajectory of functional status among older Taiwanese: Gender and age variations
by Liang, Jersey & Wang, Chia-Ning & Xu, Xiao & Hsu, Hui-Chuan & Lin, Hui-Shen & Lin, Yu-Hsuan
- 1218-1218 Corrigendum to: "Harmed patients gaining voice: Challenging dominant perspectives in the construction of medical harm and patient safety reforms" [Social Science & Medicine 71 (2010) 510-516]
by Ocloo, Josephine Enyonam
September 2010, Volume 71, Issue 5
- 841-850 Politics and health in eight European countries: A comparative study of mortality decline under social democracies and right-wing governments
by Granados, José A. Tapia
- 851-852 Politics, public health and pessimism: Should we take studies on welfare states and public health further? A commentary on Tapia Granados
by Lundberg, Olle
- 853-860 Jade and the journalists: Media coverage of a young British celebrity dying of cancer
by Walter, Tony
- 861-868 How the mass media report social statistics: A case study concerning research on end-of-life decisions
by Seale, Clive
- 869-876 Masculinity, moralities and being cared for: An exploration of experiences of living and dying in a hospice
by Broom, Alex & Cavenagh, John
- 877-883 Smokers' accounts on the health risks of smoking: Why is smoking not dangerous for me?
by Heikkinen, Hanne & Patja, Kristiina & Jallinoja, Piia
- 884-890 'Waiting until they got home': Gender, smoking and tobacco exposure in households in Scotland
by Robinson, Jude & Ritchie, Deborah & Amos, Amanda & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Greaves, Lorraine & Martin, Claudia
- 891-897 Westernization and tobacco use among young people in Delhi, India
by Stigler, Melissa & Dhavan, Poonam & Van Dusen, Duncan & Arora, Monika & Reddy, K.S. & Perry, Cheryl L.
- 898-909 How and where clinicians exercise power: Interprofessional relations in health care
by Nugus, Peter & Greenfield, David & Travaglia, Joanne & Westbrook, Johanna & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 910-917 Genetic unexceptionalism: Clinician accounts of genetic testing for familial hypercholesterolaemia
by Will, Catherine M. & Armstrong, David & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 918-924 The effect of Medicaid eligibility expansions on fertility
by Zavodny, Madeline & Bitler, Marianne P.
- 925-934 The tradeoff between centralized and decentralized health services: Evidence from rural areas in Mexico
by Vargas Bustamante, Arturo
- 935-940 Improved health outcomes in urban slums through infrastructure upgrading
by Butala, Neel M. & VanRooyen, Michael J. & Patel, Ronak Bhailal
- 941-949 Childhood nutritional deprivation and cognitive impairment among older Chinese people
by Zhang, Zhenmei & Gu, Danan & Hayward, Mark D.
- 950-957 A consideration of medicalisation: Choice, engagement and other responsibilities of parents of children with autism spectrum disorder
by Valentine, Kylie
- 958-965 Sibling supervision and young children's risk of injury: A comparison of mothers' and older siblings' reactions to risk taking by a younger child in the family
by Morrongiello, Barbara & Schmidt, Sarah & Schell, Stacy L.
- 966-974 AIDS in the family and community: The impact on child health in Malawi
by Kidman, Rachel & Hanley, James A. & Subramanian, S.V. & Foster, Geoff & Heymann, Jody
- 975-985 Exploring children's stigmatisation of AIDS-affected children in Zimbabwe through drawings and stories
by Campbell, Catherine & Skovdal, Morten & Mupambireyi, Zivai & Gregson, Simon
- 986-993 Working outside of the box: How HIV counselors in Sub-Saharan Africa adapt Western HIV testing norms
by Angotti, Nicole
- 994-1001 Hygiene and sanitation among ethnic minorities in Northern Vietnam: Does government promotion match community priorities?
by Rheinländer, Thilde & Samuelsen, Helle & Dalsgaard, Anders & Konradsen, Flemming
- 1002-1010 Health status, health behaviour and healthcare use among migrants in the UK: Evidence from mothers in the Millennium Cohort Study
by Jayaweera, Hiranthi & Quigley, Maria A.
- 1011-1017 Dissonances in self-reported health and mortality across denominational groups in Northern Ireland
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael
- 1018-1026 The associations of household wealth and income with self-rated health - A study on economic advantage in middle-aged Finnish men and women
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1027-1036 Short and long sleep are positively associated with obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease among adults in the United States
by Buxton, Orfeu M. & Marcelli, Enrico
- 1037-1044 A four year (1996-2000) analysis of social capital and health status of Canadians: The difference that love makes
by Nakhaie, Reza & Arnold, Robert
- 1045-1046 In memory of Charles Leslie
by DelVecchio Good, Mary-Jo
- 1047-1047 Corrigendum to: "Resources and obstacles to developing and implementing a structural intervention to prevent HIV in San Salvador, El Salvador" [Social Science & Medicine, 70 (2010), 351-359]
by Dickson-Gomez, Julia & Corbett, A. Michelle & Bodnar, Gloria & Rodriguez, Karla & Guevara, Carmen E.
August 2010, Volume 71, Issue 4
- 651-656 Rethinking measurement of neighborhood in the context of health research
by Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & Dunn, James R. & Minian, Nadia & Katz, Danielle
- 657-666 Seasonality in suicide - A review and search of new concepts for explaining the heterogeneous phenomena
by Ajdacic-Gross, Vladeta & Bopp, Matthias & Ring, Mariann & Gutzwiller, Felix & Rossler, Wulf
- 667-671 Policy implications of a financial incentive programme to retain a physician workforce in underserved Japanese rural areas
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kajii, Eiji
- 672-676 Changing maternity leave policy: Short-term effects on fertility rates and demographic variables in Germany
by Thyrian, Jochen René & Fendrich, Konstanze & Lange, Anja & Haas, Johannes-Peter & Zygmunt, Marek & Hoffmann, Wolfgang
- 677-684 Ethical challenges in the provision of end-of-life care in Norwegian nursing homes
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth & Førde, Reidun & Pedersen, Reidar & Bollig, Georg
- 685-692 Pragmatic evidence and textual arrangements: A case study of French clinical cancer guidelines
by Knaapen, Loes & Cazeneuve, Hervé & Cambrosio, Alberto & Castel, Patrick & Fervers, Beatrice
- 693-701 Contextualizing diversity and culture within cancer control interventions for Latinas: Changing interventions, not cultures
by Erwin, Deborah O. & Treviño, Michelle & Saad-Harfouche, Frances G. & Rodriguez, Elisa M. & Gage, Elizabeth & Jandorf, Lina
- 702-707 What drives patients to sue doctors? The role of cultural factors in the pursuit of malpractice claims in Taiwan
by Chiu, Yu-Chan
- 708-716 Can arts projects improve young people's wellbeing? A social capital approach
by Hampshire, Katherine Rebecca & Matthijsse, Mathilde
- 717-724 Have investments in on-reserve health services and initiatives promoting community control improved First Nations' health in Manitoba?
by Lavoie, Josée Gabrielle & Forget, Evelyn L. & Prakash, Tara & Dahl, Matt & Martens, Patricia & O'Neil, John D.
- 725-733 Contemporary neuroscience in the media
by Racine, Eric & Waldman, Sarah & Rosenberg, Jarett & Illes, Judy
- 734-742 Specifying the effects of religion on medical helpseeking: The case of infertility
by Greil, Arthur & McQuillan, Julia & Benjamins, Maureen & Johnson, David R. & Johnson, Katherine M. & Heinz, Chelsea R.
- 743-750 From targeted exemptions to user fee abolition in health care: Experience from rural Zambia
by Masiye, Felix & Chitah, Bona M. & McIntyre, Diane
- 751-759 Decentralized health care priority-setting in Tanzania: Evaluating against the accountability for reasonableness framework
by Maluka, Stephen & Kamuzora, Peter & Sebastiån, Miguel San & Byskov, Jens & Olsen, Øystein E. & Shayo, Elizabeth & Ndawi, Benedict & Hurtig, Anna-Karin
- 760-768 Use of biomedical obstetric care in rural Tanzania: The role of social and material inequalities
by Spangler, Sydney A. & Bloom, Shelah S.
- 769-776 The meaning of "control" for childbearing women in the US
by Namey, Emily E. & Lyerly, Anne Drapkin
- 777-785 Relative deprivation and child health in the USA
by Lhila, Aparna & Simon, Kosali I.
- 786-798 Residential mobility in the UK during pregnancy and infancy: Are pregnant women, new mothers and infants 'unhealthy migrants'?
by Tunstall, Helena & Pickett, Kate & Johnsen, Sarah
- 799-806 Anywhere, anytime: Retail access to tobacco in New South Wales and its potential impact on consumption and quitting
by Paul, Christine L. & Mee, Kathleen J. & Judd, Tanya M. & Walsh, Raoul A. & Tang, Anita & Penman, Andrew & Girgis, Afaf
- 807-814 Love thy neighbour? Associations of social capital and crime with physical activity amongst women
by Ball, Kylie & Cleland, Verity J. & Timperio, Anna F. & Salmon, Jo & Giles-Corti, Billie & Crawford, David A.
- 815-823 Unemployment and self-rated health: Neighborhood influence
by Giatti, Luana & Barreto, Sandhi M. & César, Cibele C.
- 824-831 Substance abuse and mental health disparities: Comparisons across sexual identity groups in a national sample of young Australian women
by Hughes, Tonda & Szalacha, Laura A. & McNair, Ruth
- 832-839 Peer norms and consistent condom use with female sex workers among male clients in Sichuan province, China
by Yang, Cui & Latkin, Carl & Luan, Rongsheng & Nelson, Kenrad
August 2010, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 429-430 Application of directional statistics to health state valuation: A commentary on Craig and Oppe
by Shaw, James W. & Pickard, A. Simon & Yager, Ronald R.
- 431-439 The association of earnings with health in middle age: Do self-reported earnings for the previous year tell the whole story?
by Rehkopf, David H. & Jencks, Christopher & Glymour, M. Maria
- 440-450 The impact of pharmaceutical policy measures: An endogenous structural-break approach
by Barros, Pedro Pita & Nunes, Luis C.
- 451-458 Professional status in a changing world: The case of medicines use reviews in English community pharmacy
by McDonald, Ruth & Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Sanders, Caroline & Ashcroft, Darren
- 459-466 The social context of change in tobacco consumption following the introduction of 'smokefree' England legislation: A qualitative, longitudinal study
by Hargreaves, Katrina & Amos, Amanda & Highet, Gill & Martin, Claudia & Platt, Stephen & Ritchie, Deborah & White, Martin
- 467-474 Exploratory study of the impacts of Mutual Health Organizations on social dynamics in Benin
by Ridde, Valery & Haddad, Slim & Yacoubou, Moussa & Yacoubou, Ismaelou
- 475-481 Medical dominance and neoliberalisation in maternal care provision: The evidence from Canada and Australia
by Benoit, Cecilia & Zadoroznyj, Maria & Hallgrimsdottir, Helga & Treloar, Adrienne & Taylor, Kara
- 482-485 A rapid method for assessing social versus independent interest in health issues: A case study of 'bird flu' and 'swine flu'
by Bentley, R. Alexander & Ormerod, Paul
- 486-493 How do structured education programmes work? An ethnographic investigation of the dose adjustment for normal eating (DAFNE) programme for type 1 diabetes patients in the UK
by Lawton, Julia & Rankin, David
- 494-501 Intervention-mediated effects for adult physical activity: A latent growth curve analysis
by Roesch, Scott C. & Norman, Greg J. & Villodas, Feion & Sallis, James F. & Patrick, Kevin
- 502-509 Design-based regulation and patient safety: A regulatory studies perspective
by Yeung, Karen & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 510-516 Harmed patients gaining voice: Challenging dominant perspectives in the construction of medical harm and patient safety reforms
by Ocloo, Josephine Enyonam
- 517-528 Poverty and common mental disorders in low and middle income countries: A systematic review
by Lund, Crick & Breen, Alison & Flisher, Alan J. & Kakuma, Ritsuko & Corrigall, Joanne & Joska, John A. & Swartz, Leslie & Patel, Vikram
- 529-533 Do mental health and behavioural problems of early menarche persist into late adolescence? A three year follow-up study among adolescent girls in Oslo, Norway
by Lien, Lars & Haavet, Ole Rikard & Dalgard, Florence
- 534-540 Linking hospital workers' organisational work environment to depressive symptoms: A mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance? The ORSOSA study
by Jolivet, Anne & Caroly, Sandrine & Ehlinger, Virgine & Kelly-Irving, Michelle & Delpierre, Cyrille & Balducci, Franck & Sobaszek, Annie & De Gaudemaris, Régis & Lang, Thierry
- 541-550 Is neighborhood racial/ethnic composition associated with depressive symptoms? The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis
by Mair, Christina & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Rapp, Stephen R. & Seeman, Teresa & Watson, Karol E.
- 551-558 Mortality consequences of the 1959-1961 Great Leap Forward famine in China: Debilitation, selection, and mortality crossovers
by Song, Shige
- 559-567 A multi-level analysis of urban/rural and socioeconomic differences in functional health status transition among older Chinese
by Zimmer, Zachary & Wen, Ming & Kaneda, Toshiko
- 568-575 Gender differences in relationships between urban green space and health in the United Kingdom
by Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard
- 576-583 How do masculinity, paternity leave, and mortality associate? -A study of fathers in the Swedish parental & child cohort of 1988/89
by Månsdotter, Anna & Lundin, Andreas
- 584-591 Child obesity associated with social disadvantage of children's neighborhoods
by Greves Grow, H. Mollie & Cook, Andrea J. & Arterburn, David E. & Saelens, Brian E. & Drewnowski, Adam & Lozano, Paula
- 592-599 The epidemiology of spirit possession in the aftermath of mass political violence in Mozambique
by Igreja, Victor & Dias-Lambranca, Beatrice & Hershey, Douglas A. & Racin, Limore & Richters, Annemiek & Reis, Ria
- 600-607 Do stigma, blame and stereotyping contribute to unsafe sexual behaviour? A test of claims about the spread of HIV/AIDS arising from social representation theory and the AIDS risk reduction model
by Riley, Gerard Anthony & Baah-Odoom, Dinah
- 608-615 Chasing spirits: Clarifying the spirit child phenomenon and infanticide in Northern Ghana
by Denham, Aaron R. & Adongo, Philip B. & Freydberg, Nicole & Hodgson, Abraham
- 616-625 A multi-level model of condom use among male and female upper primary school students in Nyanza, Kenya
by Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Tenkorang, Eric Y.
- 626-633 Soft targets or partners in health? Retail pharmacies and their role in Tanzania's malaria control program
by Kamat, Vinay R. & Nyato, Daniel J.
- 634-642 Women's empowerment and reproductive experiences over the lifecourse
by Lee-Rife, Susan M.
- 643-649 Narratives of deprivation: Women's life stories around Maori sudden infant death syndrome
by McManus, Verne & Abel, Sally & McCreanor, Tim & Tipene-Leach, David
July 2010, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 213-220 Silencing distressed children in the context of war in northern Uganda: An analysis of its dynamics and its health consequences
by Akello, Grace & Reis, Ria & Richters, Annemiek
- 221-227 Human-initiated disaster, social disorganization and post-traumatic stress disorder above Nigeria's oil basins
by Beiser, Morton & Wiwa, Owens & Adebajo, Sylvia
- 228-235 Context, evidence and attitude: The case for photography in medical examinations of asylum seekers in the Netherlands
by Park, Rebekah & Oomen, Janus
- 236-243 Between the lines: Republicanism, dissenters and the politics of meta-trauma in the Northern Irish conflict
by Zenker, Olaf
- 244-248 Death knocks, professional practice, and the public good: The media experience of suicide reporting in New Zealand
by Collings, Sunny C. & Kemp, Christopher G.
- 249-250 Contribution to knowledge about media professionals' experiences with reporting suicide. A commentary on Collings and Kemp
by Pirkis, Jane Elizabeth
- 251-258 A new conceptualization of ethnicity for social epidemiologic and health equity research
by Ford, Chandra L. & Harawa, Nina T.
- 259-265 Life-course financial strain and health in African-Americans
by Szanton, Sarah L. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Whitfield, Keith
- 266-273 Is wealthier always healthier? The impact of national income level, inequality, and poverty on public health in Latin America
by Biggs, Brian & King, Lawrence & Basu, Sanjay & Stuckler, David
- 274-281 Racial differences in stage at diagnosis and survival from epithelial ovarian cancer: A fundamental cause of disease approach
by Kim, Seijeoung & Dolecek, Therese A. & Davis, Faith G.
- 282-287 Is socioeconomic disparity in disability improving among Korean elders?
by Jang, Soong-Nang & Cho, Sung-il & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 288-297 Does education buffer the impact of disability on psychological distress?
by Mandemakers, Jornt J. & Monden, Christiaan W.S.
- 298-304 Work stress of primary care physicians in the US, UK and German health care systems
by Siegrist, Johannes & Shackelton, Rebecca & Link, Carol & Marceau, Lisa & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John
- 305-313 Gender differences in depression in 23 European countries. Cross-national variation in the gender gap in depression
by Van de Velde, Sarah & Bracke, Piet & Levecque, Katia
- 314-323 Fever, malaria and primary repetition rates amongst school children in Mali: Combining demographic and health surveys (DHS) with spatial malariological measures
by Thuilliez, Josselin
- 324-334 Malaria and primary education in Mali: A longitudinal study in the village of Donéguébougou
by Thuilliez, Josselin & Sissoko, Mahamadou S. & Toure, Ousmane B. & Kamate, Paul & Berthélemy, Jean-Claude & Doumbo, Ogobara K.
- 335-344 Investigating the association between HIV/AIDS and recent fertility patterns in Kenya
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O.
- 345-352 Antiretroviral therapy and reproductive life projects: Mitigating the stigma of AIDS in Nigeria
by Smith, Daniel Jordan & Mbakwem, Benjamin C.
- 353-361 Somali immigrant women and the American health care system: Discordant beliefs, divergent expectations, and silent worries
by Pavlish, Carol Lynn & Noor, Sahra & Brandt, Joan
- 362-369 Therapeutic networks of pregnancy care: Bengali immigrant women in New York City
by Chakrabarti, Ranjana
- 370-377 Negotiating normalization: The perils of producing pregnancy symptoms in prenatal care
by Bessett, Danielle
- 378-385 'Containment' as an analytical framework for understanding patient delay: A qualitative study of cancer patients' symptom interpretation processes
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Paarup, Bjarke & Vedsted, Peter & Bro, Flemming & Soendergaard, Jens
- 386-393 No one listens to me, nobody believes me: Self management and the experience of living with encephalitis
by Atkin, Karl & Stapley, Sally & Easton, Ava
- 394-399 Network analysis as a tool to assess the intersectoral management of health determinants at the local level: A report from an exploratory study of two Cuban municipalities
by Pagliccia, Nino & Spiegel, Jerry & Alegret, Milagros & Bonet, Mariano & Martinez, Barbara & Yassi, Annalee
- 400-404 Disparities in systems development for elder abuse prevention among municipalities in Japan: Implications for strategies to help municipalities develop community systems
by Nakanishi, Miharu & Nakashima, Taeko & Honda, Tatsuo
- 405-413 Direct and indirect effects of obesity on U.S. labor market outcomes of older working age adults
by Renna, F. & Thakur, Nidhi
- 414-420 Health outcomes of Experience CorpsÂ®: A high-commitment volunteer program
by Hong, S.I. & Morrow-Howell, Nancy
- 421-428 Waiting is the hardest part: Anticipating medical test results affects processing and recall of important information
by Portnoy, David B.
July 2010, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-9 Race and shared decision-making: Perspectives of African-Americans with diabetes
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 10-12 What do we mean by 'racism'? Conceptualising the range of what we call racism in health care settings: A commentary on Peek etÂ al
by Bradby, Hannah
- 13-17 Racism in healthcare: Its relationship to shared decision-making and health disparities: A response to Bradby
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 18-24 Help seeking for cardiac symptoms: Beyond the masculine-feminine binary
by Galdas, Paul M. & Johnson, Joy L. & Percy, Myra E. & Ratner, Pamela A.
- 25-29 Gender equity in treatment for cardiac heart disease in Portugal
by Perelman, Julian & Mateus, Céu & Fernandes, Ana
- 30-37 Attrition from self-directed interventions: Investigating the relationship between psychological predictors, intervention content and dropout from a body dissatisfaction intervention
by Geraghty, Adam W.A. & Wood, Alex M. & Hyland, Michael E.
- 38-44 Effectiveness of a knowledge-contact program in improving nursing students' attitudes and emotional competence in serving people living with HIV/AIDS
by Yiu, Jessie W. & Mak, Winnie W.S. & Ho, Winnie S. & Chui, Ying Yu
- 45-52 Narratives that address affective forecasting errors reduce perceived barriers to colorectal cancer screening
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Fagerlin, Angela & Cin, Sonya Dal & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Ubel, Peter A.
- 53-61 'It would be nice if they could give us more language' - Serving South Africa's multilingual patient base
by Deumert, Ana
- 62-70 Choosing early pregnancy termination methods in Urban Mozambique
by Mitchell, Ellen M.H. & Kwizera, Amata & Usta, Momade & Gebreselassie, Hailemichael
- 71-83 Suffering, hope, and entrapment: Resilience and cultural values in Afghanistan
by Eggerman, Mark & Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 84-92 The influence of social stigma and discriminatory experience on psychological distress and quality of life among rural-to-urban migrants in China
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Stanton, Bonita & Fang, Xiaoyi
- 93-101 Individual and environmental correlates of dietary fat intake in rural communities: A structural equation model analysis
by Hermstad, April K. & Swan, Deanne W. & Kegler, Michelle C. & Barnette, J.K. & Glanz, Karen
- 102-109 Role of neighbourhoods in child growth and development: Does 'place' matter?
by Avan, Bilal Iqbal & Kirkwood, Betty
- 110-115 Long-term economic costs of psychological problems during childhood
by Smith, James Patrick & Smith, Gillian C.
- 116-124 Measurement of health, health inequality, and reporting heterogeneity
by Ziebarth, Nicolas
- 125-133 Individual vulnerability and the nurturing state: The case of self-reported health and relative income
by Furnée, Carina A. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 134-142 Heavy drinking and health promotion activities
by Ettner, Susan L. & French, Michael T. & Popovici, Ioana
- 143-151 Education, alcohol use and abuse among young adults in Britain
by Huerta, Maria C. & Borgonovi, Francesca
- 152-160 Experimental evidence of welfare reform impact on clinical anxiety and depression levels among poor women
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J. & Sambamoorthi, Usha
- 161-165 Religion and conscientious objection: A survey of pharmacists' willingness to dispense medications
by Davidson, Laura A. & Pettis, Clare T. & Joiner, Amber J. & Cook, Daniel M. & Klugman, Craig M.
- 166-172 Nurses, Inc.: Expansion and commercialization of nursing education in the Philippines
by Masselink, Leah E. & Lee, Shoou-Yih Daniel
- 173-180 Interpersonal conflict and depression among Japanese workers with high or low socioeconomic status: Findings from the Japan Work Stress and Health Cohort Study
by Inoue, Akiomi & Kawakami, Norito
- 181-186 Loneliness and risk of mortality: A longitudinal investigation in Alameda County, California
by Patterson, Andrew C. & Veenstra, Gerry
- 187-195 Life course socioeconomic position is associated with inflammatory markers: The Framingham Offspring Study
by Loucks, Eric B. & Pilote, Louise & Lynch, John W. & Richard, Hugues & Almeida, Nisha D. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Murabito, Joanne M.
- 196-204 Financial hardship and psychological distress: Exploring the buffering effects of religion
by Bradshaw, Matt & Ellison, Christopher G.
- 205-211 A Latino advantage in oral health-related quality of life is modified by nativity status
by Sanders, Anne E.
June 2010, Volume 70, Issue 12
- 1867-1873 An anthropological analysis of European Union (EU) health governance as biopolitics: The case of the EU tissues and cells directive
by Hoeyer, Klaus
- 1874-1881 Should I stay or should I go? Career change and labor force separation among registered nurses in the U.S
by Nooney, Jennifer G. & Unruh, Lynn & Yore, Michelle M.
- 1882-1887 User satisfaction is influenced by the interval between a health care service and the assessment of the service
by Jensen, Hanne Irene & Ammentorp, Jette & Kofoed, Poul-Erik
- 1888-1895 Interruptions and resistance: A comparison of medical consultations with family and trained interpreters
by Leanza, Yvan & Boivin, Isabelle & Rosenberg, Ellen
- 1896-1903 Assessing the quality of democratic deliberation: A case study of public deliberation on the ethics of surrogate consent for research
by De Vries, Raymond & Stanczyk, Aimee & Wall, Ian F. & Uhlmann, Rebecca & Damschroder, Laura J. & Kim, Scott Y.
- 1904-1911 The ethics of responsibility and ownership in decision-making about treatment for breast cancer: Triangulation of consultation with patient and surgeon perspectives
by Mendick, Nicola & Young, Bridget & Holcombe, Christopher & Salmon, Peter
- 1912-1919 'Like sugar and honey': The embedded ethics of a larval control project in The Gambia
by Kelly, Ann H. & Ameh, David & Majambere, Silas & Lindsay, Steve & Pinder, Margaret
- 1920-1927 The female community health volunteer programme in Nepal: Decision makers' perceptions of volunteerism, payment and other incentives
by Glenton, Claire & Scheel, Inger B. & Pradhan, Sabina & Lewin, Simon & Hodgins, Stephen & Shrestha, Vijaya
- 1928-1932 International involvement and national health governance: The basic benefit package in Tajikistan
by Rechel, Bernd & Khodjamurodov, Ghafur
- 1933-1942 Establishing health systems financing research priorities in developing countries using a participatory methodology
by Ranson, Kent & Law, Tyler J. & Bennett, Sara
- 1943-1947 Estimating the costs of medicalization
by Conrad, Peter & Mackie, Thomas & Mehrotra, Ateev
- 1948-1956 The role (or not) of economic evaluation at the micro level: Can Bourdieu's theory provide a way forward for clinical decision-making?
by Lessard, Chantale & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Beaulieu, Marie-Dominique
- 1957-1965 Using discrete choice experiments to understand preferences for quality of life. Variance-scale heterogeneity matters
by Flynn, Terry Nicholas & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J. & Coast, Joanna
- 1966-1973 Factors influencing gender differences in smoking and their separate contributions: Evidence from South Korea
by Chung, Woojin & Lim, Seungji & Lee, Sunmi
- 1974-1981 Symmetric mortality and asymmetric suicide cycles
by Wu, Wen-Chieh & Cheng, Hui-Pei
- 1982-1987 Temporary work and depressive symptoms: A propensity score analysis
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & DeHaney, Suzanne & Ciampi, Antonio
- 1988-1996 Allostatic load is associated with chronic conditions in the Boston Puerto Rican Health Study
by Mattei, Josiemer & Demissie, Serkalem & Falcon, Luis M. & Ordovas, Jose M. & Tucker, Katherine
- 1997-2005 Immigrant generation and physical activity among Mexican, Chinese & Filipino adults in the U.S
by Afable-Munsuz, Aimee & Ponce, Ninez A. & Rodriguez, Michael & Perez-Stable, Eliseo J.
- 2006-2010 The road to efficiency? Re-examining the impact of the primary care physician workforce on health care utilization rates
by Wright, David Bradley & Ricketts III, Thomas C.
- 2011-2018 Individual, social and environmental correlates of physical activity among women living in socioeconomically disadvantaged neighbourhoods
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Hume, Clare & Timperio, Anna & King, Abby C. & Crawford, David
- 2019-2028 Compared to whom? Subjective social status, self-rated health, and referent group sensitivity in a diverse US sample
by Wolff, Lisa S. & Subramanian, S.V. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Weber, Deanne & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 2029-2035 "If your shoes are raggedy you get talked about": Symbolic and material dimensions of adolescent social status and health
by Sweet, Elizabeth
- 2036-2044 Disclosure and sickle cell disorder: A mixed methods study of the young person with sickle cell at school
by Dyson, Simon Martin & Atkin, Karl & Culley, Lorraine A. & Dyson, Sue E. & Evans, Hala & Rowley, Dave T.
- 2045-2051 Internalization of stigma for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder in Hong Kong
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Kwok, Yvonne T.Y.
- 2052-2060 Job quality and inequality: Parents' jobs and children's emotional and behavioural difficulties
by Strazdins, Lyndall & Shipley, Megan & Clements, Mark & Obrien, Léan V. & Broom, Dorothy H.
- 2061-2069 Siblings and childhood mental health: Evidence for a later-born advantage
by Lawson, David W. & Mace, Ruth
- 2070-2079 The meaning and mental health consequences of long-term immigration detention for people seeking asylum
by Coffey, Guy J. & Kaplan, Ida & Sampson, Robyn C. & Tucci, Maria Montagna
- 2080-2084 Understanding the association between condom use at first and most recent sexual intercourse: An assessment of normative, calculative, and habitual explanations
by Stulhofer, Aleksandar & Bacak, Valerio & Ajdukovic, Dea & Graham, Cynthia
- 2085-2095 Adolescents can know best: Using concept mapping to identify factors and pathways driving adolescent sexuality in Lima, Peru
by Bayer, Angela M. & Cabrera, Lilia Z. & Gilman, Robert H. & Hindin, Michelle J. & Tsui, Amy O.
- 2096-2096 Corrigendum to: "The design and validation of a spatial microsimulation model ofÂ obesogenic environments for children in Leeds, UK: SimObesity" [Social Science & Medicine, 69 (2009), 1127-1134]
by Edwards, Kimberley L. & Clarke, Graham P.
- 2097-2097 Corrigendum to: "Who profits from visual aids: Overcoming challenges in people's understanding of risks" [Social Science & Medicine, 70 (2010), 1019-1025
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Galesic, Mirta
June 2010, Volume 70, Issue 11
- 1665-1668 Reforming medical education: A review and synthesis of five critiques of medical practice
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1669-1671 Will teaching social sciences to medical students hasten health care reform? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Weller, Jennifer M. & Woodward, Alistair J.
- 1672-1676 Recipes for medical education reform: Will different ingredients create better doctors? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Whitehead, Cynthia
- 1677-1679 The two dogmas of empirical education in medicine. A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Schwab, Abraham
- 1680-1681 Reforming medical education: A response to Weller and Woodward, and Whitehead, and Schwab
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1682-1689 Scripting patienthood with patient clothing
by Topo, Päivi & Iltanen-Tähkävuori, Sonja
- 1690-1692 Welfare embodied: The materiality of hospital dress: A commentary on Topo and Iltanen-Tähkävuori
by Twigg, Julia
- 1693-1700 Illness reporting and demand for medical care in rural Burkina Faso
by Pokhrel, Subhash & De Allegri, Manuela & Gbangou, Adijma & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1701-1704 Factors that influence the participation of healthcare professionals in advance care planning for patients with terminal cancer: A nationwide survey in Taiwan
by Hu, Wen-Yu & Huang, Chien-Hsun & Chiu, Tai-Yuan & Hung, Shou-Hung & Peng, Jen-Kuei & Chen, Ching-Yu
- 1705-1713 'Wrong parents' and 'right parents': Shared perspectives about citizen participation in policy implementation
by Potter, Deborah Anne
- 1714-1720 Resisting blame and managing emotion in general practice: The case of patient suicide
by Kendall, Kathleen & Wiles, Rose
- 1721-1727 HIV generations? Generational discourse in interviews with Australian general practitioners and their HIV positive gay male patients
by Newman, Christy & Mao, Limin & Canavan, Peter G. & Kidd, Michael R. & Saltman, Deborah C. & Kippax, Susan C.
- 1728-1736 What do physicians gain (and lose) with experience? Qualitative results from a cross-national study of diabetes
by Elstad, Emily A. & Lutfey, Karen E. & Marceau, Lisa D. & Campbell, Stephen M. & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John B.
- 1737-1744 Male reproductive control of women who have experienced intimate partner violence in the United States
by Moore, Ann M. & Frohwirth, Lori & Miller, Elizabeth
- 1745-1755 Poverty, vulnerability, and provision of healthcare in Afghanistan
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Bakhshi, Parul & Noor, Ayan A. & Lopez, Dominique & Mashkoor, Ashraf
- 1756-1764 Maori healers' views on wellbeing: The importance of mind, body, spirit, family and land
by Mark, Glenis Tabetha & Lyons, Antonia C.
- 1765-1772 Project-induced migration and depression: A panel analysis
by Hwang, Sean-Shong & Cao, Yue & Xi, Juan
- 1773-1779 Patterns of distress, precipitating events, and reflections on suicide attempts by young Latinas
by Zayas, Luis & Gulbas, Lauren E. & Fedoravicius, Nicole & Cabassa, Leopoldo J.
- 1780-1788 Socio-economic status and oral health-related behaviours in Korean adolescents
by Jung, Se-Hwan & Tsakos, Georgios & Sheiham, Aubrey & Ryu, Jae-In & Watt, Richard G.
- 1789-1798 The knowledge, education and behaviour of young people with regard to Chlamydia trachomatis in Aarhus, Denmark and Bonn, Germany: Do prevention concepts matter?
by Lengen, Charis & Jäger, Sabine & Kistemann, Thomas
- 1799-1805 Are children and adolescents less active if parents restrict their physical activity and active transport due to perceived risk?
by Carver, Alison & Timperio, Anna & Hesketh, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1806-1815 Local environments as determinants of walking in Melbourne, Australia
by Bentley, Rebecca & Jolley, Damien & Kavanagh, Anne Marie
- 1816-1824 Do working mothers raise couch potato kids? Maternal employment and children's lifestyle behaviours and weight in early childhood
by Brown, Judith E. & Broom, Dorothy H. & Nicholson, Jan M. & Bittman, Michael
- 1825-1831 The adaptive role of perceived control before and after cancer diagnosis: A prospective study
by Ranchor, Adelita V. & Wardle, Jane & Steptoe, Andrew & Henselmans, Inge & Ormel, Johan & Sanderman, Robbert
- 1832-1839 The impact of subjective and objective social status on psychological distress among men and women in Japan
by Sakurai, Keiko & Kawakami, Norito & Yamaoka, Kazue & Ishikawa, Hirono & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1840-1846 The protective effects of civic communities against all-cause mortality
by Lee, Matthew R.
- 1847-1857 Fertility history and cause-specific mortality: A register-based analysis of complete cohorts of Norwegian women and men
by Grundy, Emily & Kravdal, Øystein
- 1858-1864 Alcohol use and social interactions among adolescents in Sweden: Do peer effects exist within and/or between the majority population and immigrants?
by Svensson, Mikael
- 1866-1866 Call for papers: Sociology of diagnosis: Negotiation, mediation and contingency
by Jutel, Annemarie & Nettleton, Sarah
May 2010, Volume 70, Issue 10
- 1467-1474 Schools as social complex adaptive systems: A new way to understand the challenges of introducing the health promoting schools concept
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise & Khavarpour, Freidoon
- 1475-1477 Approaching complexity: A commentary on Keshavarz, Nutbeam, Rowling and Khavarpour
by Haggis, Tamsin
- 1478-1479 Social complex adaptive systems. A response to Haggis
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise
- 1480-1486 Timing of retirement and mortality - A cohort study of Swedish construction workers
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1487-1488 Do disability pensioners have a higher mortality rate than non-pensioners? Adjusting for potential confounding: A commentary on Hult, Stattin, Janlert and Järvholm
by Wallman, Thorne & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 1489-1491 Comparing mortality rates and recognizing health selection bias: A response to Wallman and Svärdsudd
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1492-1500 Translating evidence into practice: A shared priority in public health?
by McAneney, H. & McCann, J.F. & Prior, L. & Wilde, J. & Kee, F.
- 1501-1508 Using the life course perspective to study the entry into the illness trajectory: The perspective of caregivers of people with Alzheimer's disease
by Carpentier, Normand & Bernard, Paul & Grenier, Amanda & Guberman, Nancy
- 1509-1517 Disseminating educational innovations in health care practice: Training versus social networks
by Jippes, Erik & Achterkamp, Marjolein C. & Brand, Paul L.P. & Kiewiet, Derk Jan & Pols, Jan & van Engelen, Jo M.L.
- 1518-1526 "It all depends": Conceptualizing public involvement in the context of health technology assessment agencies
by Gauvin, Francois-Pierre & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Eyles, John & Lavis, John N.
- 1527-1535 The effect of a public health card program on the supply of health care
by Johar, Meliyanni
- 1536-1543 Understanding the impact of economic evidence on clinical decision making: A discrete choice experiment in cardiology
by Torbica, Aleksandra & Fattore, Giovanni
- 1544-1549 Dramatic increase of Cesarean deliveries in the midst of health reforms in rural China
by Bogg, Lennart & Huang, Kun & Long, Qian & Shen, Yuan & Hemminki, Elina
- 1550-1557 Social disparities and cause-specific mortality during economic development
by Mary Schooling, C. & Lau, Elaine W.L. & Tin, Keith Y.K. & Leung, Gabriel M.
- 1558-1566 Socioeconomic and behavioral risk factors for mortality in a national 19-year prospective study of U.S. adults
by Lantz, Paula M. & Golberstein, Ezra & House, James S. & Morenoff, Jeffrey
- 1567-1573 Economic models of the family and the relationship between economic status and health
by Tipper, Adam
- 1574-1580 Difficulty of healthy eating: A Rasch model approach
by Henson, Spencer & Blandon, Jose & Cranfield, John
- 1581-1589 The cost of sickness: On the effect of the duration of sick leave on post-sick leave earnings
by Andersen, Signe Hald
- 1590-1598 Does variation in general practitioner (GP) practice matter for the length of sick leave? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP-patient data
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kamrul Islam, M.
- 1599-1608 Listen carefully: The risk of error in spoken medication orders
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Dickey, Laura Walsh & Fisher, William M. & Gibbons, Robert D. & Lin, Swu-Jane & Luce, Paul A. & McLennan, Conor T. & Senders, John W. & Yu, Clement T.
- 1609-1617 Effects of organizational justice on depressive symptoms and sickness absence: A longitudinal perspective
by Ybema, Jan F. & van den Bos, Kees
- 1618-1625 Using theory to synthesise evidence from behaviour change interventions: The example of audit and feedback
by Gardner, Benjamin & Whittington, Craig & McAteer, John & Eccles, Martin P. & Michie, Susan
- 1626-1632 Suicide prevention by limiting access to methods: A review of theory and practice
by Florentine, Julia Buus & Crane, Catherine
- 1633-1640 Spiritual therapeutic landscapes and healing: A case study of St. Anne de Beaupre, Quebec, Canada
by Williams, Allison
- 1641-1647 "He's a good-looking chap aint he?": Narrative and visualisations of self in body dysmorphic disorder
by Silver, Joanna & Reavey, Paula
- 1648-1655 Group-based citizenship in the acceptance of indoor residual spraying (IRS) for malaria control in Mozambique
by Montgomery, Catherine M. & Munguambe, Khátia & Pool, Robert
- 1656-1664 Don't let the suffering make you fade away: An ethnographic study of resilience among survivors of genocide-rape in southern Rwanda
by Zraly, Maggie & Nyirazinyoye, Laetitia
May 2010, Volume 70, Issue 9
- 1263-1270 Suppression of racial disparities for children with special health care needs among families receiving Medicaid
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan & Grady, Melissa D. & Powell, Sarah E. & Hicks-Sangster, Tamara K.
- 1271-1273 Medicaid and racial disparities in health: The issue of causality. A commentary on Rose etÂ al
by Michael Foster, E.
- 1274-1276 Observation, correlation and policy analysis: A response to Foster
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan P.
- 1277-1284 Genotype-environment interaction and sociology: Contributions and complexities
by Seabrook, Jamie A. & Avison, William R.
- 1285-1294 Theorising big IT programmes in healthcare: Strong structuration theory meets actor-network theory
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Stones, Rob
- 1295-1300 Are cancer registries unconstitutional?
by McLaughlin, Robert H. & Clarke, Christina A. & Crawley, LaVera M. & Glaser, Sally L.
- 1301-1308 Defining near misses: Towards a sharpened definition based on empirical data about error handling processes
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & De Jonge, Jan & Rutte, Christel
- 1309-1316 Prospective risk analysis prior to retrospective incident reporting and analysis as a means to enhance incident reporting behaviour: A quasi-experimental field study
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & De Jonge, Jan & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & Rutte, Christel
- 1317-1325 Preferences for long-term care services: Willingness to pay estimates derived from a discrete choice experiment
by Nieboer, Anna P. & Koolman, Xander & Stolk, Elly A.
- 1326-1334 Spanning the know-do gap: Understanding knowledge application and capacity in long-term care homes
by Berta, Whitney & Teare, Gary F. & Gilbart, Erin & Ginsburg, Liane S. & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Davis, Dave & Rappolt, Susan
- 1335-1341 In search of 'low health literacy': Threshold vs. gradient effect of literacy on health status and mortality
by Wolf, Michael S. & Feinglass, Joseph & Thompson, Jason & Baker, David W.
- 1342-1349 Development of a Deprivation Index and its relation to premature mortality due to diseases of the circulatory system in Hungary, 1998-2004
by Juhász, Attila & Nagy, Csilla & Páldy, Anna & Beale, Linda
- 1350-1357 National independence, women's political participation, and life expectancy in Norway
by Nobles, Jenna & Brown, Ryan & Catalano, Ralph
- 1358-1366 Income inequality, perceived happiness, and self-rated health: Evidence from nationwide surveys in Japan
by Oshio, Takashi & Kobayashi, Miki