Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
2018, Volume 209, Issue C
- 1-13 How do gender relations affect the working lives of close to community health service providers? Empirical research, a review and conceptual framework
by Steege, Rosalind & Taegtmeyer, Miriam & McCollum, Rosalind & Hawkins, Kate & Ormel, Hermen & Kok, Maryse & Rashid, Sabina & Otiso, Lilian & Sidat, Mohsin & Chikaphupha, Kingsley & Datiko, Daniel Gemechu & Ahmed, Rukhsana & Tolhurst, Rachel & Gomez, Woedem & Theobald, Sally
- 14-24 Spatial accessibility of primary health care in China: A case study in Sichuan Province
by Wang, Xiuli & Yang, Huazhen & Duan, Zhanqi & Pan, Jay
- 25-32 The impact of intimate partner violence on women's contraceptive use: Evidence from the Rakai Community Cohort Study in Rakai, Uganda
by Maxwell, Lauren & Brahmbhatt, Heena & Ndyanabo, Anthony & Wagman, Jennifer & Nakigozi, Gertrude & Kaufman, Jay S. & Nalugoda, Fred & Serwadda, David & Nandi, Arijit
- 33-42 Examining community and consumer food environments for children: An urban-suburban-rural comparison in Southwestern Ontario
by DuBreck, Catherine M. & Sadler, Richard C. & Arku, Godwin & Gilliland, Jason A.
- 43-50 Refugees’ admission to mental health institutions in Norway: Is there an ethnic density effect?
by Finnvold, Jon Erik & Ugreninov, Elisabeth
- 51-58 Childhood socioeconomic status and longitudinal patterns of alcohol problems: Variation across etiological pathways in genetic risk
by Barr, Peter B. & Silberg, Judy & Dick, Danielle M. & Maes, Hermine H.
- 59-66 Psychological well-being and restorative biological processes: HDL-C in older English adults
by Soo, Jackie & Kubzansky, Laura D. & Chen, Ying & Zevon, Emily S. & Boehm, Julia K.
- 67-75 Ethnic enclaves and birth outcomes of immigrants from India in a diverse U.S. state
by Kane, Jennifer B. & Teitler, Julien O. & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 76-85 Adult children's educational attainment and the cognitive trajectories of older parents in South Korea
by Lee, Yeonjin
- 86-94 “I feel like I am less than other people”: Health-related vulnerabilities of male migrants travelling alone on their journey to Europe
by Arsenijević, Jovana & Burtscher, Doris & Ponthieu, Aurelie & Severy, Nathalie & Contenta, Andrea & Moissaing, Stephane & Argenziano, Stefano & Zamatto, Federica & Zachariah, Rony & Ali, Engy & Venables, Emilie
- 95-103 Changing sex risk behaviors, gender norms, and relationship dynamics among couples in Cape Town, South Africa: Efficacy of an intervention on the dyad
by Speizer, Ilene S. & Zule, William A. & Carney, Tara & Browne, Felicia A. & Ndirangu, Jacqueline & Wechsberg, Wendee M.
- 104-110 Organs and organisations: Situating ethics in organ donation after circulatory death in the UK
by Cooper, Jessie
- 111-116 A tax on sugar sweetened beverages in Colombia: Estimating the impact on overweight and obesity prevalence across socio economic levels
by Vecino-Ortiz, Andres I. & Arroyo-Ariza, Daniel
- 117-124 Migration among temporary foreign workers: Examining health and access to health care among Filipina live-in caregivers
by Carlos, Jessica Krystle & Wilson, Kathi
- 125-135 The mobility of food retailers: How proximity to SNAP authorized food retailers changed in Atlanta during the Great Recession
by Shannon, Jerry & Bagwell-Adams, Grace & Shannon, Sarah & Lee, Jung Sun & Wei, Yangjiaxin
- 136-144 The moral significance of capturing micro-inequities in hospital settings
by Subramani, Supriya
- 145-151 Tuberculosis patients and resilience: A visual ethnographic health study in Khayelitsha, Cape Town
by Cremers, Anne Lia & Gerrets, René & Colvin, Christopher James & Maqogi, Monwabisi & Grobusch, Martin Peter
- 152-159 Relationship transitions and change in health behavior: A four-phase, twelve-year longitudinal study
by Josefsson, Kim & Elovainio, Marko & Stenholm, Sari & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kauppi, Maarit & Aalto, Ville & Kivimäki, Mika & Vahtera, Jussi
- 160-168 Impact of missing data strategies in studies of parental employment and health: Missing items, missing waves, and missing mothers
by Nguyen, Cattram D. & Strazdins, Lyndall & Nicholson, Jan M. & Cooklin, Amanda R.
- 174-181 Loneliness in middle age and biomarkers of systemic inflammation: Findings from Midlife in the United States
by Nersesian, Paula V. & Han, Hae-Ra & Yenokyan, Gayane & Blumenthal, Roger S. & Nolan, Marie T. & Hladek, Melissa D. & Szanton, Sarah L.
2018, Volume 208, Issue C
- 1-8 How does performance-based financing affect health workers' intrinsic motivation? A Self-Determination Theory-based mixed-methods study in Malawi
by Lohmann, Julia & Muula, Adamson S. & Houlfort, Nathalie & De Allegri, Manuela
- 9-17 Perceptions of intersectional stigma among diverse women living with HIV in the United States
by Rice, Whitney S. & Logie, Carmen H. & Napoles, Tessa M. & Walcott, Melonie & Batchelder, Abigail W. & Kempf, Mirjam-Colette & Wingood, Gina M. & Konkle-Parker, Deborah J. & Turan, Bulent & Wilson, Tracey E. & Johnson, Mallory O. & Weiser, Sheri D. & Turan, Janet M.
- 18-24 The complexity of self-regulating food intake in weight loss maintenance. A qualitative study among short- and long-term weight loss maintainers
by Pedersen, Susanne & Sniehotta, Falko F. & Sainsbury, Kirby & Evans, Elizabeth H. & Marques, Marta M. & Stubbs, R. James & Heitmann, Berit L. & Lähteenmäki, Liisa
- 25-33 Social isolation and loneliness in later life: A parallel convergent mixed-methods case study of older adults and their residential contexts in the Minneapolis metropolitan area, USA
by Finlay, Jessica M. & Kobayashi, Lindsay C.
- 34-40 Epistemic tensions between people living with asthma and healthcare professionals in clinical encounters
by Haw, Jennie & Cunningham, Shannon & O'Doherty, Kieran C.
- 41-49 The effect of street-level greenery on walking behavior: Evidence from Hong Kong
by Lu, Yi & Sarkar, Chinmoy & Xiao, Yang
- 50-54 Born equal? The distribution of government Medicare spending for children
by Dalziel, Kim M. & Huang, Li & Hiscock, Harriet & Clarke, Philip M.
- 55-63 Laugh and grow fat: Happiness affects body mass index among Urban Chinese adults
by Li, Shuanglong & Chen, Yunsong & He, Guangye
- 64-71 HIV as social and ecological experience
by King, Brian & Winchester, Margaret S.
- 72-79 Understanding the conceptualisation of risk in the context of community dementia care
by Dickins, Marissa & Goeman, Dianne & O'Keefe, Fleur & Iliffe, Steve & Pond, Dimity
- 80-88 Grandmother and health care professional breastfeeding perspectives provide opportunities for health promotion in an American Indian community
by Houghtaling, Bailey & Byker Shanks, Carmen & Ahmed, Selena & Rink, Elizabeth
- 89-97 Time matters for intersex bodies: Between socio-medical time and somatic time
by Meoded Danon, Limor
- 107-116 Social support under siege: An analysis of forced migration among women from the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Wachter, Karin & Gulbas, Lauren E.
- 117-125 Freedom of choice, expressions of gratitude: Patient experiences of short-term surgical missions in Guatemala
by Roche, Stephanie & Brockington, Morgan & Fathima, Sana & Nandi, Meghna & Silverberg, Benjamin & Rice, Henry E. & Hall-Clifford, Rachel
- 126-133 “Like finding a unicorn”: Healthcare preferences among lesbian, gay, and bisexual people in the United States
by Martos, Alexander J. & Wilson, Patrick A. & Gordon, Allegra R. & Lightfoot, Marguerita & Meyer, Ilan H.
- 134-141 Long term economic impact associated with childhood bullying victimisation
by Brimblecombe, Nicola & Evans-Lacko, Sara & Knapp, Martin & King, Derek & Takizawa, Ryu & Maughan, Barbara & Arseneault, Louise
- 142-149 Internal migration and mental health of the second generation. The case of Turin in the age of the Italian economic miracle
by Cardano, Mario & Scarinzi, Cecilia & Costa, Giuseppe & d’Errico, Angelo
- 150-157 States higher in racial bias spend less on disabled medicaid enrollees
by Leitner, Jordan B. & Hehman, Eric & Snowden, Lonnie R.
- 158-164 Judgment hurts: The psychological consequences of experiencing stigma in multiple sclerosis
by Cadden, Margaret H. & Arnett, Peter A. & Tyry, Tuula M. & Cook, Jonathan E.
- 165-171 The role of language in suicide reporting: Investigating the influence of problematic suicide referents
by Arendt, Florian & Scherr, Sebastian & Niederkrotenthaler, Thomas & Till, Benedikt
- 172-179 “In this together”: Social identification predicts health outcomes (via self-efficacy) in a chronic disease self-management program
by Cameron, James E. & Voth, Jennifer & Jaglal, Susan B. & Guilcher, Sara J.T. & Hawker, Gillian & Salbach, Nancy M.
- 180-189 Improving mental health among ultra-poor children: Two-year outcomes of a cluster-randomized trial in Burkina Faso
by Ismayilova, Leyla & Karimli, Leyla & Sanson, Jo & Gaveras, Eleni & Nanema, Rachel & Tô-Camier, Alexice & Chaffin, Josh
- 190-199 Structural stigma and the health and wellbeing of Australian LGB populations: Exploiting geographic variation in the results of the 2017 same-sex marriage plebiscite
by Perales, Francisco & Todd, Abram
- 200-208 Multiple social groups support adjustment to retirement across cultures
by Lam, Ben C.P. & Haslam, Catherine & Haslam, S. Alexander & Steffens, Niklas K. & Cruwys, Tegan & Jetten, Jolanda & Yang, Jie
2018, Volume 207, Issue C
- 1-10 The impact of institution use on the wellbeing of Alzheimer's disease patients and their caregivers
by Rapp, Thomas & Apouey, Bénédicte H. & Senik, Claudia
- 11-18 Quality of life at the retirement transition: Life course pathways in an early ‘baby boom’ birth cohort
by Wildman, Josephine M. & Moffatt, Suzanne & Pearce, Mark
- 19-24 Maternal medical risks during pregnancy and childhood externalizing behavior
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 25-37 The role of government and community in the scaling up and sustainability of mutual health organisations: An exploratory study in Ghana
by Adomah-Afari, Augustine & Chandler, Jim A.
- 38-45 Linking green space to neighborhood social capital in older adults: The role of perceived safety
by Hong, Andy & Sallis, James F. & King, Abby C. & Conway, Terry L. & Saelens, Brian & Cain, Kelli L. & Fox, Eric H. & Frank, Lawrence D.
- 46-54 Can conditional health policies be justified? A policy analysis of the new NHS dental contract reforms
by Laverty, Louise & Harris, Rebecca
- 55-63 If you drink, don't smoke: Joint associations between risky health behaviors and labor market outcomes
by Böckerman, Petri & Hyytinen, Ari & Kaprio, Jaakko & Maczulskij, Terhi
- 64-70 Inpatient care expenditure of the elderly with chronic diseases who use public health insurance: Disparity in their last year of life
by Chandoevwit, Worawan & Phatchana, Phasith
- 71-79 Institutionalised otherness: Patients references to psychiatric diagnostic categories
by Weiste, Elina & Peräkylä, Anssi & Valkeapää, Taina & Savander, Enikö & Hintikka, Jukka
- 80-88 Quality of clinical care and bypassing of primary health centers in India
by Rao, Krishna D. & Sheffel, Ashley
- 89-96 Intergenerational pathways linking maternal early life adversity to offspring birthweight
by Kane, Jennifer B. & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Siega-Riz, Anna Maria
- 97-105 Different domains – Different time preferences?
by Fredslund, Eskild Klausen & Mørkbak, Morten Raun & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 106-116 Individual decisions to vaccinate one's child or oneself: A discrete choice experiment rejecting free-riding motives
by Verelst, Frederik & Willem, Lander & Kessels, Roselinde & Beutels, Philippe
2018, Volume 206, Issue C
- 1-13 Tobacco outlet density and tobacco knowledge, beliefs, purchasing behaviours and price among adolescents in Scotland
by Tunstall, Helena & Shortt, Niamh K. & Niedzwiedz, Claire L. & Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard J. & Pearce, Jamie R.
- 14-21 Poor mental health among low-income women in the U.S.: The roles of adverse childhood and adult experiences
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Janczewski, Colleen E. & Nitkowski, Jenna C.
- 22-30 How is subjective well-being related to quality of life? Do we need two concepts and both measures?
by Skevington, S.M. & Böhnke, J.R.
- 31-37 A comparison of clinicians' racial biases in the United States and France
by Khosla, Natalia N. & Perry, Sylvia P. & Moss-Racusin, Corinne A. & Burke, Sara E. & Dovidio, John F.
- 38-50 Using conversation analytic methods to assess fidelity to a talk-based healthcare intervention for frequently attending patients
by Barnes, Rebecca K. & Jepson, Marcus & Thomas, Clare & Jackson, Sue & Metcalfe, Chris & Kessler, David & Cramer, Helen
- 51-59 Social participation and health over the adult life course: Does the association strengthen with age?
by Ang, Shannon
- 60-66 China's capacity of hospitals to deal with infectious diseases in the context of climate change
by Tong, Michael Xiaoliang & Hansen, Alana & Hanson-Easey, Scott & Xiang, Jianjun & Cameron, Scott & Liu, Qiyong & Liu, Xiaobo & Sun, Yehuan & Weinstein, Philip & Han, Gil-Soo & Bi, Peng
- 67-74 The social network of international health aid
by Han, Lu & Koenig-Archibugi, Mathias & Opsahl, Tore
- 75-85 The geography of smallpox in England before vaccination: A conundrum resolved
by Davenport, Romola Jane & Satchell, Max & Shaw-Taylor, Leigh Matthew William
- 86-92 Generosity and compliance: Recruitment-work and the pathways to participation in bone marrow donation
by Dasgupta, Kushan
- 93-99 Physical activity among indigenous Australian children and youth in remote and non-remote areas
by Evans, John Robert & Wilson, Rachel & Coleman, Clare & Man, Wing Young Nicola & Olds, Tim
- 100-109 A realist evaluation of value-based care delivery in home care: The influence of actors, autonomy and accountability
by Dainty, Katie N. & Golden, Brian R. & Hannam, Rosemary & Webster, Fiona & Browne, Gina & Mittmann, Nicole & Stern, Anita & Zwarenstein, Merrick
- 110-116 Is there synergy in syndemics? Psychosocial conditions and sexual risk among men who have sex with men in India
by Tomori, Cecilia & McFall, Allison M. & Solomon, Sunil S. & Srikrishnan, Aylur K. & Anand, Santhanam & Balakrishnan, P. & Mehta, Shruti H. & Celentano, David D.
2018, Volume 205, Issue C
- 1-7 Time cost of child rearing and its effect on women's uptake of free health checkups in Japan
by Anezaki, Hisataka & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 8-16 Following the patient's orders? Recommending vs. offering choice in neurology outpatient consultations
by Chappell, Paul & Toerien, Merran & Jackson, Clare & Reuber, Markus
- 17-25 Doing patient-centredness versus achieving public health targets: A critical review of interactional dilemmas in ART adherence support
by de Kok, B.C. & Widdicombe, S. & Pilnick, A. & Laurier, E.
- 26-36 Does welfare stigma exist in China? Policy evaluation of the Minimum Living Security System on recipients’ psychological health and wellbeing
by Qi, Di & Wu, Yichao
- 37-47 Bereaved relatives' decision about deceased organ donation: An integrated psycho-social study conducted in Spain
by López, Jorge S. & Martínez, José M. & Soria-Oliver, María & Aramayona, Begoña & García-Sánchez, Rubén & Martín, María J. & Almendros, Carmen
- 48-54 “It can be challenging, it can be scary, it can be gratifying”: Obstetricians’ narratives of negotiating patient choice, clinical experience, and standards of care in decision-making
by Diamond-Brown, Lauren
- 55-63 Voluntary health insurance in Nigeria: Effects on takers and non-takers
by Bonfrer, Igna & Van de Poel, Ellen & Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 64-71 Medical revalidation as professional regulatory reform: Challenging the power of enforceable trust in the United Kingdom
by Spendlove, Zoey
- 72-81 “Ne nnipadua mmpe” (the body hates it): Exploring the lived experience of food allergy in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Atiim, George A. & Elliott, Susan J. & Clarke, Ann E.
- 82-89 The complex challenge of providing patient-centred perinatal healthcare in rural Uganda: A qualitative enquiry
by Sarkar, Nandini D.P. & Bunders-Aelen, Joske & Criel, Bart
- 90-98 Grandparents and Children's stunting in sub-Saharan Africa
by Schrijner, Sandor & Smits, Jeroen
- 99-106 The effect of copayments on the utilization of the GP service in Norway
by Landsem, Mari Magnussen & Magnussen, Jon
- 107-115 Does trade liberalization reduce child mortality in low- and middle-income countries? A synthetic control analysis of 36 policy experiments, 1963-2005
by Barlow, Pepita
- 116-129 Impact of change in neighborhood racial/ethnic segregation on cardiovascular health in minority youth attending a park-based afterschool program
by D'Agostino, Emily M. & Patel, Hersila H. & Ahmed, Zafar & Hansen, Eric & Sunil Mathew, M. & Nardi, Maria I. & Messiah, Sarah E.
2018, Volume 204, Issue C
- 1-8 Discrimination hurts: The effect of discrimination on the development of chronic pain
by Brown, Timothy T. & Partanen, Juulia & Chuong, Linh & Villaverde, Vaughn & Chantal Griffin, Ann & Mendelson, Aaron
- 9-15 Putting responsive behaviours in place: Examining how formal and informal carers understand the actions of people with dementia
by Herron, R.V. & Wrathall, M.A.
- 16-22 Men’s work, Women’s work, and mental health: A longitudinal investigation of the relationship between the gender composition of occupations and mental health
by Milner, Allison & King, Tania & LaMontagne, Anthony D. & Bentley, Rebecca & Kavanagh, Anne
- 23-30 Culture, economic development, social-network type, and mortality: Evidence from Chinese older adults
by Li, Ting & Yang, Yang Claire & Zhang, Yanlong
- 31-38 Modeling racial disparities in physical health via close relationship functioning: A life course approach
by Doyle, David Matthew & Factor-Litvak, Pam & Link, Bruce G.
- 39-50 Valuing health at the end of life: A review of stated preference studies in the social sciences literature
by Shah, Koonal K. & Tsuchiya, Aki & Wailoo, Allan J.
- 51-58 Does health insurance coverage or improved quality protect better against out-of-pocket payments? Experimental evidence from the Philippines
by Wagner, Natascha & Quimbo, Stella & Shimkhada, Riti & Peabody, John
- 59-66 Understanding and alleviating maternal postpartum distress: Perspectives from first-time mothers in Australia
by Law, Kwok Hong & Jackson, Ben & Guelfi, Kym & Nguyen, Thinh & Dimmock, James Alexander
- 67-83 Cancer mortality rates and spillover effects among different areas: A case study in Campania (southern Italy)
by Agovino, Massimiliano & Aprile, Maria Carmela & Garofalo, Antonio & Mariani, Angela
- 84-91 Male-female differences in households' resource allocation and decision to seek healthcare in south-eastern Nigeria: Results from a mixed methods study
by Onah, Michael Nnachebe & Horton, Susan
- 92-99 Developing religiously-tailored health messages for behavioral change: Introducing the reframe, reprioritize, and reform (“3R”) model
by Padela, Aasim I. & Malik, Sana & Vu, Milkie & Quinn, Michael & Peek, Monica
- 100-107 Women's asset ownership and children's nutritional status: Evidence from Papua New Guinea
by van der Meulen Rodgers, Yana & Kassens, Alice Louise
- 108-116 Does the ethno-religious diversity of a neighbourhood affect the perceived health of its residents?
by Jonsson, Kenisha Russell & Demireva, Neli
- 117-124 Implicit and explicit anti-fat bias: The role of weight-related attitudes and beliefs
by Elran-Barak, Roni & Bar-Anan, Yoav
2018, Volume 203, Issue C
- 1-8 Empowering citizens or mining resources? The contested domain of citizen engagement in professional care services
by Glimmerveen, Ludo & Ybema, Sierk & Nies, Henk
- 9-18 Work and family transitions and the self-rated health of young women in South Africa
by Bennett, Rachel & Waterhouse, Philippa
- 19-27 Fate, morals and rational calculations: Freezing eggs for non-medical reasons in Turkey
by Kılıç, Azer & Göçmen, İpek
- 28-34 Reproducing whiteness and enacting kin in the Nordic context of transnational egg donation: Matching donors with cross-border traveller recipients in Finland
by Homanen, Riikka
- 35-42 “We are the heroes because we are ready to die for this country”: Participants' decision-making and grounded ethics in an Ebola vaccine clinical trial
by Tengbeh, Angus Fayia & Enria, Luisa & Smout, Elizabeth & Mooney, Thomas & Callaghan, Mike & Ishola, David & Leigh, Bailah & Watson-Jones, Deborah & Greenwood, Brian & Larson, Heidi & Lees, Shelley
- 43-50 Between demarcation and discretion: The medical-administrative boundary as a locus of safety in high-volume organisational routines
by Grant, Suzanne & Guthrie, Bruce
- 51-59 Beyond the trigger: The mental health consequences of in-home firearm access among children of gun owners
by Kim, Jinho
- 64-73 A multilevel approach to modeling health inequalities at the intersection of multiple social identities
by Evans, Clare R. & Williams, David R. & Onnela, Jukka-Pekka & Subramanian, S.V.
2018, Volume 202, Issue C
- 1-12 The social role of C-reactive protein point-of-care testing to guide antibiotic prescription in Northern Thailand
by Haenssgen, Marco J. & Charoenboon, Nutcha & Althaus, Thomas & Greer, Rachel C. & Intralawan, Daranee & Lubell, Yoel
- 13-19 Is there a “right time” for bad news? Kairos in familial communication on hereditary breast and ovarian cancer risk
by Derbez, Benjamin
- 20-27 The effect of health insurance on sexual health: Evidence from the Affordable Care Act's dependent coverage mandate
by Oney, Melissa
- 28-37 The role of community participation for sustainable integrated neglected tropical diseases and water, sanitation and hygiene intervention programs: A pilot project in Tanzania
by Madon, Shirin & Malecela, Mwele Ntuli & Mashoto, Kijakazi & Donohue, Rose & Mubyazi, Godfrey & Michael, Edwin
- 38-42 Representations of race and skin tone in medical textbook imagery
by Louie, Patricia & Wilkes, Rima
- 43-53 Generalized and particularized trust for health between urban and rural residents in Japan: A cohort study from the JAGES project
by Sato, Yukihiro & Aida, Jun & Tsuboya, Toru & Shirai, Kokoro & Koyama, Shihoko & Matsuyama, Yusuke & Kondo, Katsunori & Osaka, Ken
- 54-60 County-level job automation risk and health: Evidence from the United States
by Patel, Pankaj C. & Devaraj, Srikant & Hicks, Michael J. & Wornell, Emily J.
- 61-69 Does the sex ratio at sexual maturity affect men's later-life mortality risks? Evidence from historical China
by Zang, Emma & Zheng, Hui
- 70-78 Shaping the use of psychotropic medicines in nursing homes: A qualitative study on organisational culture
by Sawan, Mouna & Jeon, Yun-Hee & Chen, Timothy F.
- 79-88 Healthy working days: The (positive) effect of work effort on occupational health from a human capital approach
by Urtasun, Ainhoa & Nuñez, Imanol
- 89-98 A geographically explicit ecological momentary assessment (GEMA) mixed method for understanding substance use
by McQuoid, Julia & Thrul, Johannes & Ling, Pamela
- 99-107 Governing the quality and safety of healthcare: A conceptual framework
by Brown, Alison & Dickinson, Helen & Kelaher, Margaret
- 108-116 Financial circumstances, mastery, and mental health: Taking unobserved time-stable influences into account
by Koltai, Jonathan & Bierman, Alex & Schieman, Scott
- 117-127 Low-intensity violence and the social determinants of adolescent health among three East African pastoralist communities
by Pike, Ivy L. & Hilton, Charles & Österle, Matthias & Olungah, Owuor
- 128-135 Brokerage in commercialised healthcare systems: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence from Uttar Pradesh
by Hunter, Benjamin M.
- 136-142 The role of place on healthcare quality improvement: A qualitative case study of a teaching hospital
by Melo, Sara
- 143-150 “What is meant by public?”: Stakeholder views on strengthening impacts of public reporting of hospital performance data
by Canaway, Rachel & Bismark, Marie & Dunt, David & Prang, Khic-Houy & Kelaher, Margaret
- 151-161 Ownership and hospital behaviour: Employment and local unemployment
by Clark, Andrew E. & Milcent, Carine
- 162-169 Social norms and women's risk of intimate partner violence in Nepal
by Clark, Cari Jo & Ferguson, Gemma & Shrestha, Binita & Shrestha, Prabin Nanicha & Oakes, J. Michael & Gupta, Jhumka & McGhee, Susi & Cheong, Yuk Fai & Yount, Kathryn M.
- 170-178 Benefits of maternal education for mental health trajectories across childhood and adolescence
by Meyrose, Ann-Katrin & Klasen, Fionna & Otto, Christiane & Gniewosz, Gabriela & Lampert, Thomas & Ravens-Sieberer, Ulrike
2018, Volume 201, Issue C
- 1-8 Antimicrobial stigmatization: Public health concerns about conventional pig farming and pig farmers' experiences with stigmatization
by Fynbo, Lars & Jensen, Carsten Strøby
- 9-17 “These African stories”: Life, labor, and dying in northern Zambia
by Garoon, Joshua
- 18-26 How health behaviors link romantic relationship dysfunction and physical health across 20 years for middle-aged and older adults
by Roberson, Patricia N.E. & Shorter, Rebecca L. & Woods, Sarah & Priest, Jacob
- 27-34 Ghana's community-based primary health care: Why women and children are ‘disadvantaged’ by its implementation
by Atinga, Roger A. & Agyepong, Irene Akua & Esena, Reuben K.
- 35-43 Medical provision and urban-rural differences in maternal mortality in late nineteenth century Scotland
by Reid, Alice & Garrett, Eilidh
- 44-50 Talking about male body-based contraceptives: The counseling visit and the feminization of contraception
by Kimport, Katrina
- 51-58 Workplace assimilation and professional jurisdiction: How nurses learn to blur the nursing-medical boundary
by Johannessen, Lars E.F.
- 59-62 Crushing hope: Short term responses to tragedy vary by hopefulness
by Fletcher, Jason
- 63-70 An instrumental variables approach to assess the effect of class size reduction on student screen time
by Cohen, Alison K.
- 71-79 The becoming of methadone in Kenya: How an intervention's implementation constitutes recovery potential
by Rhodes, Tim
- 80-86 Embodiment of social roles and thinness as a form of capital: A qualitative approach towards understanding female obesity disparities in Chile
by Robinovich, Jossiana & Ossa, Ximena & Baeza, Bernardita & Krumeich, Anja & van der Borne, Bart
- 87-94 Clinic access and teenage birth rates: Racial/ethnic and spatial disparities in Houston, TX
by Wisniewski, Megan M. & O'Connell, Heather A.
- 95-102 The impact of vitamin A supplementation in childhood on adult outcomes: An exploration of mechanisms, timing of exposure, and heterogeneous effects
by Acharya, Yubraj
- 103-110 The link between income inequality and health in Europe, adding strength dimensions of primary care to the equation
by Detollenaere, Jens & Desmarest, Ann-Sophie & Boeckxstaens, Pauline & Willems, Sara
- 111-119 Linking financial hardship throughout the life-course with psychological distress in old age: Sensitive period, accumulation of risks, and chain of risks hypotheses
by Darin-Mattsson, Alexander & Andel, Ross & Celeste, Roger Keller & Kåreholt, Ingemar
- 120-126 Stress-buffering effects of volunteering on salivary cortisol: Results from a daily diary study
by Han, Sae Hwang & Kim, Kyungmin & Burr, Jeffrey A.
- 127-135 Health care experiences of pregnant, birthing and postnatal women of color at risk for preterm birth
by McLemore, Monica R. & Altman, Molly R. & Cooper, Norlissa & Williams, Shanell & Rand, Larry & Franck, Linda
- 136-147 Inequity in out-of-pocket payments for hospitalisation in India: Evidence from the National Sample Surveys, 1995–2014
by Pandey, Anamika & Clarke, Lynda & Dandona, Lalit & Ploubidis, George B.
2018, Volume 200, Issue C
- 1-8 Improvement in access to safe water, household water insecurity, and time savings: A cross-sectional retrospective study in Kenya
by Bisung, Elijah & Elliott, Susan J.
- 9-18 The impact of social expenditure on health inequalities in Europe
by Álvarez-Gálvez, Javier & Jaime-Castillo, Antonio M.
- 19-26 Pathways linking war and displacement to parenting and child adjustment: A qualitative study with Syrian refugees in Lebanon
by Sim, Amanda & Fazel, Mina & Bowes, Lucy & Gardner, Frances
- 27-35 Neighborhood built environment and cognition in non-demented older adults: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
by Besser, Lilah M. & Rodriguez, Daniel A. & McDonald, Noreen & Kukull, Walter A. & Fitzpatrick, Annette L. & Rapp, Stephen R. & Seeman, Teresa
- 36-43 Health disparities, politics, and the maintenance of the status quo: A new theory of inequality
by Rodriguez, Javier M.
- 44-51 Gender matters in cardiac rehabilitation and diabetes: Using Bourdieu's concepts
by Angus, Jan E. & Dale, Craig M. & Nielsen, Lisa Seto & Kramer-Kile, Marnie & Lapum, Jennifer & Pritlove, Cheryl & Abramson, Beth & Price, Jennifer A. & Marzolini, Susan & Oh, Paul & Clark, Alex
- 52-58 The infant disorganised attachment classification: “Patterning within the disturbance of coherence”
by Reijman, Sophie & Foster, Sarah & Duschinsky, Robbie
- 59-64 Health care input constraints and cost effectiveness analysis decision rules
by van Baal, Pieter & Morton, Alec & Severens, Johan L.
- 65-72 Representing autism: Challenges of collective representation in German and Israeli associations for and of autistic people
by Raz, Aviad & Jongsma, Karin R. & Rimon-Zarfaty, Nitzan & Späth, Elisabeth & Bar-Nadav, Bosmat & Vaintropov, Ella & Schicktanz, Silke
- 73-82 Improving recruitment to clinical trials during pregnancy: A mixed methods investigation
by Strömmer, Sofia & Lawrence, Wendy & Rose, Taylor & Vogel, Christina & Watson, Daniella & Bottell, Joanne N. & Parmenter, Janice & Harvey, Nicholas C. & Cooper, Cyrus & Inskip, Hazel & Baird, Janis & Barker, Mary
- 83-91 Safety, trust, and disclosure: A qualitative examination of violence against refugee adolescents in Kiziba Camp, Rwanda
by Bermudez, Laura Gauer & Parks, Lauren & Meyer, Sarah R. & Muhorakeye, Liberata & Stark, Lindsay
- 92-98 Understanding the micro and macro politics of health: Inequalities, intersectionality & institutions - A research agenda
by Gkiouleka, Anna & Huijts, Tim & Beckfield, Jason & Bambra, Clare
- 99-106 Returns home by children and changes in parents’ well-being in Europe
by Tosi, Marco & Grundy, Emily
- 107-113 Political economy of hope as a cultural facet of biomedicalization: A qualitative examination of constraints to hospice utilization among U.S. end-stage cancer patients
by Mrig, Emily Hammad & Spencer, Karen Lutfey
- 114-128 A systematic review of the methodological and practical challenges of undertaking randomised-controlled trials with cognitive disability populations
by Mulhall, Peter & Taggart, Laurence & Coates, Vivien & McAloon, Toni & Hassiotis, Angela
- 129-136 “Nothing is going to change three months from now”: A mixed methods characterization of food bank use in Greater Vancouver
by Holmes, Eleanor & Black, Jennifer L. & Heckelman, Amber & Lear, Scott A. & Seto, Darlene & Fowokan, Adeleke & Wittman, Hannah
- 137-144 Media coverage of the Zika crisis in Brazil: The construction of a ‘war’ frame that masked social and gender inequalities
by Ribeiro, Barbara & Hartley, Sarah & Nerlich, Brigitte & Jaspal, Rusi
- 145-155 Assessing the feasibility of community health insurance in Uganda: A mixed-methods exploratory analysis
by Biggeri, M. & Nannini, M. & Putoto, G.
- 156-165 Low perceived control over health is associated with lower treatment uptake in a high mortality population of Bolivian forager-farmers
by Alami, Sarah & Stieglitz, Jonathan & Kaplan, Hillard & Gurven, Michael
- 166-173 Unintended consequences of the ‘bushmeat ban’ in West Africa during the 2013–2016 Ebola virus disease epidemic
by Bonwitt, Jesse & Dawson, Michael & Kandeh, Martin & Ansumana, Rashid & Sahr, Foday & Brown, Hannah & Kelly, Ann H.
- 174-181 Gender inequality, economic growth, and the intergenerational transmission of adverse health consequences at birth
by Qian, Mengcen & Chou, Shin-Yi & Deily, Mary E. & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 182-189 Rethinking health sector procurement as developmental linkages in East Africa
by Mackintosh, Maureen & Tibandebage, Paula & Karimi Njeru, Mercy & Kariuki Kungu, Joan & Israel, Caroline & Mujinja, Phares G.M.
- 190-198 Getting pain on the table in primary care physical exams
by McArthur, Amanda
- 199-210 Trajectories of women's abortion-related care: A conceptual framework
by Coast, Ernestina & Norris, Alison H. & Moore, Ann M. & Freeman, Emily
- 211-217 Differentiating the effect of social enterprise activities on health
by Macaulay, Bobby & Mazzei, Micaela & Roy, Michael J. & Teasdale, Simon & Donaldson, Cam
- 218-226 Negotiating relevance in pre-operative assessments
by Benwell, Bethan & Rhys, Catrin S.
- 227-237 Is there a ‘pig cycle’ in the labour supply of doctors? How training and immigration policies respond to physician shortages
by Chojnicki, Xavier & Moullan, Yasser
- 238-248 Unequal interactions: Examining the role of patient-centered care in reducing inequitable diffusion of a medical innovation, the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
by Fenton, Anny T. & Elliott, Marc N. & Schwebel, David C. & Berkowitz, Zahava & Liddon, Nicole C. & Tortolero, Susan R. & Cuccaro, Paula M. & Davies, Suzy L. & Schuster, Mark A.
- 249-257 A longitudinal study into the reciprocal effects of identities and smoking behaviour: Findings from the ITC Netherlands Survey
by Meijer, E. & Van den Putte, B. & Gebhardt, W.A. & Van Laar, C. & Bakk, Z. & Dijkstra, A. & Fong, G.T. & West, R. & Willemsen, M.C.
- 258-261 Rethinking the health consequences of social class and social mobility
by Simandan, Dragos
- 262-270 Perceived neighborhood characteristics predict severity and emotional response to daily stressors
by Scott, Stacey B. & Munoz, Elizabeth & Mogle, Jacqueline A. & Gamaldo, Alyssa A. & Smyth, Joshua M. & Almeida, David M. & Sliwinski, Martin J.
2018, Volume 199, Issue C
- 11-18 Racial inequalities in health: Framing future research
by Hicken, Margaret T. & Kravitz-Wirtz, Nicole & Durkee, Myles & Jackson, James S.
- 19-28 Racialized legal status as a social determinant of health
by Asad, Asad L. & Clair, Matthew
- 29-38 State-level immigration and immigrant-focused policies as drivers of Latino health disparities in the United States
by Philbin, Morgan M. & Flake, Morgan & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Hirsch, Jennifer S.
- 39-48 From undocumented to lawfully present: Do changes to legal status impact psychological wellbeing among latino immigrant young adults?
by Patler, Caitlin & Laster Pirtle, Whitney
- 49-55 Area racism and birth outcomes among Blacks in the United States
by Chae, David H. & Clouston, Sean & Martz, Connor D. & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Turpin, Rodman & Stephens-Davidowitz, Seth & Kramer, Michael R.
- 56-66 Community-level prejudice and mortality among immigrant groups
by Morey, Brittany N. & Gee, Gilbert C. & Muennig, Peter & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L.
- 67-76 At the intersection of place, race, and health in Brazil: Residential segregation and cardio-metabolic risk factors in the Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)
by Barber, Sharrelle & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Cardoso, Letícia & Santos, Simone & Toste, Veronica & James, Sherman & Barreto, Sandhi & Schmidt, Maria & Giatti, Luana & Chor, Dora
- 77-86 Segregation and mortality over time and space
by Logan, Trevon D. & Parman, John M.
- 87-95 The enduring impact of historical and structural racism on urban violence in Philadelphia
by Jacoby, Sara F. & Dong, Beidi & Beard, Jessica H. & Wiebe, Douglas J. & Morrison, Christopher N.
- 96-105 “We black women have to kill a lion everyday”: An intersectional analysis of racism and social determinants of health in Brazil
by Hogan, Vijaya K. & de Araujo, Edna M. & Caldwell, Kia L. & Gonzalez-Nahm, Sarah N. & Black, Kristin Z.
- 106-114 Structural racism in the workplace: Does perception matter for health inequalities?
by McCluney, Courtney L. & Schmitz, Lauren L. & Hicken, Margaret T. & Sonnega, Amanda
- 115-122 A safe haven for the injured? Urban trauma care at the intersection of healthcare, law enforcement, and race
by Jacoby, Sara F. & Richmond, Therese S. & Holena, Daniel N. & Kaufman, Elinore J.
- 123-131 Biocultural citizenship and embodying exceptionalism: Biopolitics for sickle cell disease in Brazil
by Creary, Melissa S.
- 132-139 Institutional racism in public health contracting: Findings of a nationwide survey from New Zealand
by Came, H. & Doole, C. & McKenna, B. & McCreanor, T.
- 140-147 Exploring how prison-based drug rehabilitation programming shapes racial disparities in substance use disorder recovery
by Kerrison, Erin M.
- 148-156 The effects of whiteness on the health of whites in the USA
by Malat, Jennifer & Mayorga-Gallo, Sarah & Williams, David R.
- 157-166 The weight of racism: Vigilance and racial inequalities in weight-related measures
by Hicken, Margaret T. & Lee, Hedwig & Hing, Anna K.
- 167-180 Racial disparities in health among nonpoor African Americans and Hispanics: The role of acute and chronic discrimination
by Colen, Cynthia G. & Ramey, David M. & Cooksey, Elizabeth C. & Williams, David R.
- 181-188 Tackling racism as a “wicked” public health problem: Enabling allies in anti-racism praxis
by Came, Heather & Griffith, Derek
- 189-201 Using a structural competency framework to teach structural racism in pre-health education
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Petty, JuLeigh & Olowojoba, Oluwatunmise V.
- 202-208 Making a difference in medical trainees' attitudes toward Latino patients: A pilot study of an intervention to modify implicit and explicit attitudes
by Chapman, Mimi V. & Hall, William J. & Lee, Kent & Colby, Robert & Coyne-Beasley, Tamera & Day, Steve & Eng, Eugenia & Lightfoot, Alexandra F. & Merino, Yesenia & Simán, Florence M. & Thomas, Tainayah & Thatcher, Kari & Payne, Keith
- 209-218 Health care barriers, racism, and intersectionality in Australia
by Bastos, João L. & Harnois, Catherine E. & Paradies, Yin C.
- 219-229 A decade of studying implicit racial/ethnic bias in healthcare providers using the implicit association test
by Maina, Ivy W. & Belton, Tanisha D. & Ginzberg, Sara & Singh, Ajit & Johnson, Tiffani J.
- 230-240 Transmitting Trauma: A systematic review of vicarious racism and child health
by Heard-Garris, N.J. & Cale, M. & Camaj, L. & Hamati, M.C. & Dominguez, T.P.
2018, Volume 198, Issue C