Social Science & Medicine
2016, Volume 168, Issue C
- 7-15 Empty rituals? A qualitative study of users’ experience of monitoring & evaluation systems in HIV interventions in western India
by Shukla, Anuprita & Teedon, Paul & Cornish, Flora
- 16-29 Research on neighborhood effects on health in the United States: A systematic review of study characteristics
by Arcaya, Mariana C. & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Kim, Rockli & Schnake-Mahl, Alina & So, Marvin & Subramanian, S.V.
- 30-34 Does heightened fear of crime lead to poorer mental health in new suburbs, or vice versa?
by Foster, Sarah & Hooper, Paula & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 35-42 The association between overweight and internalizing and externalizing behavior in early childhood
by Camfferman, Roxanna & Jansen, Pauline W. & Rippe, Ralph C.A. & Mesman, Judi & Derks, Ivonne P.M. & Tiemeier, Henning & Jaddoe, Vincent & van der Veek, Shelley M.C.
- 43-52 Comprehensive primary health care under neo-liberalism in Australia
by Baum, Fran & Freeman, Toby & Sanders, David & Labonté, Ronald & Lawless, Angela & Javanparast, Sara
- 53-62 The costs of ‘free’: Experiences of facility-based childbirth after Benin's caesarean section exemption policy
by Lange, Isabelle L. & Kanhonou, Lydie & Goufodji, Sourou & Ronsmans, Carine & Filippi, Véronique
- 63-71 Transnational ties and the health of sub-Saharan African migrants: The moderating role of gender and family separation
by Afulani, Patience A. & Torres, Jacqueline M. & Sudhinaraset, May & Asunka, Joseph
- 72-83 The causal effect of increased primary schooling on child mortality in Malawi: Universal primary education as a natural experiment
by Makate, Marshall & Makate, Clifton
- 84-92 Building the nation's body: The contested role of abortion and family planning in post-war South Sudan
by Palmer, Jennifer J. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 93-100 First-generation Korean immigrants’ barriers to healthcare and their coping strategies in the US
by Jang, Sou Hyun
- 101-110 Illness identity as an important component of candidacy: Contrasting experiences of help-seeking and access to care in cancer and heart disease
by Macdonald, Sara & Blane, David & Browne, Susan & Conway, Ellie & Macleod, Una & May, Carl & Mair, Frances
- 111-119 Peer influence as a potential magnifier of ADHD diagnosis
by Aronson, Brian
- 120-129 Beyond the visual and verbal: Using participant-produced photographs in research on the surroundings for care at the end-of-life
by Tishelman, Carol & Lindqvist, Olav & Hajdarevic, Senada & Rasmussen, Birgit H. & Goliath, Ida
- 130-139 Mechanisms linking intimate partner violence and prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV: A qualitative study in South Africa
by Hatcher, A.M. & Stöckl, H. & Christofides, N. & Woollett, N. & Pallitto, C.C. & Garcia-Moreno, C. & Turan, J.M.
- 140-149 Under one roof: The effect of co-residing with adult children on depression in later life
by Courtin, Emilie & Avendano, Mauricio
- 150-158 Ethnoracial inequality and insurance coverage among Latino young adults
by Terriquez, Veronica & Joseph, Tiffany D.
- 159-166 No one sees the fathers: Israeli fathers' experience of feticide
by Leichtentritt, Ronit D. & Weinberg-Kurnik, Galia
- 167-174 Sole-parent work schedules and adolescent wellbeing:Evidence from Australia
by Dockery, Alfred Michael & Li, Jianghong & Kendall, Garth
- 178-185 Contested moral landscapes: Negotiating breastfeeding stigma in breastmilk sharing, nighttime breastfeeding, and long-term breastfeeding in the U.S. and the U.K
by Tomori, Cecilia & Palmquist, Aunchalee E.L. & Dowling, Sally
- 186-197 Revisiting the understanding of “transactional sex” in sub-Saharan Africa: A review and synthesis of the literature
by Stoebenau, Kirsten & Heise, Lori & Wamoyi, Joyce & Bobrova, Natalia
- 200-206 Numbers and narratives: Developing a mixed-methods approach to understand mobility in later life
by Meijering, Louise & Weitkamp, Gerd
- 207-213 InterACTIVE Interpreted Interviews (I3): A multi-lingual, mobile method to examine the neighbourhood environment with older adults
by Tong, Catherine & Sims-Gould, Joanie & McKay, Heather
- 214-222 Identification of spatial and cohort clustering of tuberculosis using surveillance data from British Columbia, Canada, 1990–2013
by Roth, David & Otterstatter, Michael & Wong, Jason & Cook, Victoria & Johnston, James & Mak, Sunny
- 223-229 Place-making with older persons: Establishing sense-of-place through participatory community mapping workshops
by Fang, Mei Lan & Woolrych, Ryan & Sixsmith, Judith & Canham, Sarah & Battersby, Lupin & Sixsmith, Andrew
- 230-238 A spatiotemporal analysis of non-medical exemptions from vaccination: California schools before and after SB277
by Delamater, Paul L. & Leslie, Timothy F. & Yang, Y. Tony
- 239-248 On the move: Exploring the impact of residential mobility on cannabis use
by Morris, Tim & Manley, David & Northstone, Kate & Sabel, Clive E.
- 249-256 Homelessness, bedspace and the case for Housing First in Canada
by Evans, Joshua & Collins, Damian & Anderson, Jalene
- 257-264 Transfusing our lifeblood: Reframing research impact through inter-disciplinary collaboration between health geography and nurse education
by Kyle, Richard G. & Atherton, Iain M. & Kesby, Mike & Sothern, Matthew & Andrews, Gavin
- 265-272 Taking health geography out of the academy: Measuring academic impact
by Shortt, Niamh K. & Pearce, Jamie & Mitchell, Richard & Smith, Katherine E.
- 273-282 Palliating inside the lines: The effects of borders and boundaries on palliative care in rural Canada
by Giesbrecht, Melissa & Crooks, Valorie A. & Castleden, Heather & Schuurman, Nadine & Skinner, Mark & Williams, Allison
2016, Volume 167, Issue C
- 1-10 Understanding ‘energy insecurity’ and why it matters to health
by Hernández, Diana
- 11-19 Social capital and health in Kenya: A multilevel analysis
by Musalia, John
- 20-28 To your health!: Re-examining the health benefits of moderate alcohol use
by Sayed, Bisma Ali & French, Michael T.
- 29-36 Contextualising the social capital of Australian Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal men in prison
by Lafferty, Lise & Treloar, Carla & Chambers, Georgina M. & Butler, Tony & Guthrie, Jill
- 37-44 Decomposing trends in adult body mass index, obesity, and morbid obesity, 1971–2012
by Kranjac, Ashley Wendell & Wagmiller, Robert L.
- 45-53 Social class, employment status and inequality in psychological well-being in the UK: Cross-sectional and fixed effects analyses over two decades
by Richards, Lindsay & Paskov, Marii
- 54-62 Debt trajectories and mental health
by Hojman, Daniel A. & Miranda, Álvaro & Ruiz-Tagle, Jaime
- 63-70 ‘You have all those emotions inside that you cannot show because of what they will cause’: Disclosing the absence of one's uterus and vagina
by Guntram, Lisa & Zeiler, Kristin
- 71-78 “They are looking just the same”: Antiretroviral treatment as social danger in rural Malawi
by Kaler, Amy & Angotti, Nicole & Ramaiya, Astha
- 79-87 ‘The one with the purse makes policy’: Power, problem definition, framing and maternal health policies and programmes evolution in national level institutionalised policy making processes in Ghana
by Koduah, Augustina & Agyepong, Irene Akua & van Dijk, Han
- 88-98 Priorities for action on the social determinants of health: Empirical evidence on the strongest associations with life expectancy in 54 low-income countries, 1990–2012
by Hauck, K. & Martin, S. & Smith, P.C.
- 99-106 Motivation in caring labor: Implications for the well-being and employment outcomes of nurses
by Dill, Janette & Erickson, Rebecca J. & Diefendorff, James M.
- 107-115 The impact of limiting long term illness on internal migration in England and Wales: New evidence from census microdata
by Wilding, Sam & Martin, David & Moon, Graham
- 116-127 What are GPs' preferences for financial and non-financial incentives in cancer screening? Evidence for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancers
by Sicsic, Jonathan & Krucien, Nicolas & Franc, Carine
- 128-139 Crime victimization and the implications for individual health and wellbeing: A Sheffield case study
by Tan, Su-Yin & Haining, Robert
- 140-149 Leishmaniasis, conflict, and political terror: A spatio-temporal analysis
by Berry, Isha & Berrang-Ford, Lea
2016, Volume 166, Issue C
- 1-8 When life gives you lemons: The effectiveness of culinary group intervention among cancer patients
by Barak-Nahum, Ayelet & Haim, Limor Ben & Ginzburg, Karni
- 9-16 Pregnancy is more dangerous than the pill: A critical analysis of professional responses to the Yaz/Yasmin controversy
by Geampana, Alina
- 17-24 Parental intentions to enroll children in a voluntary expanded newborn screening program
by Paquin, Ryan S. & Peay, Holly L. & Gehtland, Lisa M. & Lewis, Megan A. & Bailey, Donald B.
- 25-32 ‘Keep complaining til someone listens’: Exchanges of tacit healthcare knowledge in online illness communities
by Foster, Drew
- 33-40 Measuring mental disorders: The failed commensuration project of DSM-5
by Whooley, Owen
- 41-48 The development of the nursing profession in a globalised context: A qualitative case study in Kerala, India
by Timmons, Stephen & Evans, Catrin & Nair, Sreelekha
- 49-56 Confidentiality considerations for use of social-spatial data on the social determinants of health: Sexual and reproductive health case study
by Haley, Danielle F. & Matthews, Stephen A. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Haardörfer, Regine & Adimora, Adaora A. & Wingood, Gina M. & Kramer, Michael R.
- 57-65 Health care reform and Diagnosis Related Groups in Germany: The mediating role of Hospital Liaison Committees for Jehovah's Witnesses
by Rajtar, Małgorzata
- 66-76 Building capacity for water, sanitation, and hygiene programming: Training evaluation theory applied to CLTS management training in Kenya
by Crocker, Jonny & Shields, Katherine F. & Venkataramanan, Vidya & Saywell, Darren & Bartram, Jamie
- 77-85 Early life socioeconomic position and immune response to persistent infections among elderly Latinos
by Meier, Helen C.S. & Haan, Mary N. & Mendes de Leon, Carlos F. & Simanek, Amanda M. & Dowd, Jennifer B. & Aiello, Allison E.
- 86-93 Setting the global health agenda: The influence of advocates and ideas on political priority for maternal and newborn survival
by Smith, Stephanie L. & Shiffman, Jeremy
- 94-101 Reproducing stigma: Interpreting “overweight” and “obese” women's experiences of weight-based discrimination in reproductive healthcare
by Bombak, Andrea E. & McPhail, Deborah & Ward, Pamela
- 102-109 Region of origin diversity in immigrant health: Moving beyond the Mexican case
by Reynolds, Megan M. & Chernenko, Alla & Read, Jen'nan Ghazal
- 110-119 “I can sit on the beach and punt through my mobile phone”: The influence of physical and online environments on the gambling risk behaviours of young men
by Deans, Emily G. & Thomas, Samantha L. & Daube, Mike & Derevensky, Jeffrey
- 120-127 Interventions to improve child-parent-medical provider communication: A systematic review
by Kodjebacheva, Gergana Damianova & Sabo, Tina & Xiong, Janet
- 128-136 Breastfeeding duration and offspring conduct problems: The moderating role of genetic risk
by Jackson, Dylan B.
- 137-149 All in the family: The link between kin network bridging and cardiovascular risk among older adults
by Goldman, Alyssa W.
- 150-159 Morals, morale and motivations in data fabrication: Medical research fieldworkers views and practices in two Sub-Saharan African contexts
by Kingori, Patricia & Gerrets, René
- 160-168 Gendered depression: Vulnerability or exposure to work and family stressors?
by Marchand, Alain & Bilodeau, Jaunathan & Demers, Andrée & Beauregard, Nancy & Durand, Pierre & Haines, Victor Y.
- 169-176 Expanding the relationship context for couple-based HIV prevention: Elucidating women's perspectives on non-traditional sexual partnerships
by Crankshaw, T.L. & Voce, A. & Butler, L.M. & Darbes, L.
- 177-185 Ménière's disease and biographical disruption: Where family transitions collide
by Bell, Sarah L. & Tyrrell, Jessica & Phoenix, Cassandra
- 186-194 Professional identity in nursing: UK students' explanations for poor standards of care
by Traynor, Michael & Buus, Niels
- 195-204 ‘If I go with him, I can't talk with other women’: Understanding women's resistance to, and acceptance of, men's involvement in maternal and child healthcare in northern Ghana
by Ganle, John Kuumuori & Dery, Isaac & Manu, Abubakar A. & Obeng, Bernard
- 205-213 From representing views to representativeness of views: Illustrating a new (Q2S) approach in the context of health care priority setting in nine European countries
by Mason, Helen & van Exel, Job & Baker, Rachel & Brouwer, Werner & Donaldson, Cam
- 214-222 “Getting the water-carrier to light the lamps”: Discrepant role perceptions of traditional, complementary, and alternative medical practitioners in government health facilities in India
by Josyula, K. Lakshmi & Sheikh, Kabir & Nambiar, Devaki & Narayan, Venkatesh V. & Sathyanarayana, T.N. & Porter, John D.H.
- 223-232 Alternative measures to BMI: Exploring income-related inequalities in adiposity in Great Britain
by Davillas, Apostolos & Benzeval, Michaela
- 233-243 Local descriptive norms for overweight/obesity and physical inactivity, features of the built environment, and 10-year change in glycosylated haemoglobin in an Australian population-based biomedical cohort
by Carroll, Suzanne J. & Paquet, Catherine & Howard, Natasha J. & Coffee, Neil T. & Taylor, Anne W. & Niyonsenga, Theo & Daniel, Mark
2016, Volume 165, Issue C
- 1-9 Theory-based modifications of an advanced notification letter improves screening for bowel cancer in men: A randomised controlled trial
by Zajac, Ian T. & Duncan, Amy C. & Flight, Ingrid & Wittert, Gary A. & Cole, Stephen R. & Young, Graeme P. & Wilson, Carlene J. & Turnbull, Deborah A.
- 10-18 What health plans do people prefer? The trade-off between premium and provider choice
by Determann, Domino & Lambooij, Mattijs S. & de Bekker-Grob, Esther W. & Hayen, Arthur P. & Varkevisser, Marco & Schut, Frederik T. & Wit, G. Ardine de
- 19-27 Mediating pathways between parental socio-economic position and allostatic load in mid-life: Findings from the 1958 British birth cohort
by Barboza Solís, Cristina & Fantin, Romain & Castagné, Raphaële & Lang, Thierry & Delpierre, Cyrille & Kelly-Irving, Michelle
- 28-35 Affective health bias in older adults: Considering positive and negative affect in a general health context
by Whitehead, Brenda R. & Bergeman, C.S.
- 36-45 “Quitting like a Turk:” How political priority developed for tobacco control in Turkey
by Hoe, Connie & Rodriguez, Daniela C. & Üzümcüoğlu, Yeşim & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 46-55 Spread of health behaviors in young couples: How relationship power shapes relational influence
by Cornelius, Talea & Desrosiers, Alethea & Kershaw, Trace
- 56-65 The emotional cost of distance: Geographic social network dispersion and post-traumatic stress among survivors of Hurricane Katrina
by Morris, Katherine Ann & Deterding, Nicole M.
- 66-74 Patient and general public preferences for health states: A call to reconsider current guidelines
by Versteegh, M.M. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 75-81 Measuring physicians' trust: A scoping review with implications for public policy
by Wilk, Adam S. & Platt, Jodyn E.
- 82-91 “Whether something cool is good enough”: The role of evidence, sales representatives and nurses' expertise in hospital purchasing decisions
by Grundy, Quinn
- 92-98 Truth and lies: Disclosure and the power of diagnosis
by Jutel, Annemarie
- 99-107 Gender and genetic contributions to weight identity among adolescents and young adults in the U.S
by Wedow, Robbee & Briley, Daniel A. & Short, Susan E. & Boardman, Jason D.
- 108-118 Do early life cognitive ability and self-regulation skills explain socio-economic inequalities in academic achievement? An effect decomposition analysis in UK and Australian cohorts
by Pearce, Anna & Sawyer, Alyssa C.P. & Chittleborough, Catherine R. & Mittinty, Murthy N. & Law, Catherine & Lynch, John W.
- 119-127 Marital quality, marital dissolution, and mortality risk during the later life course
by Bulanda, Jennifer Roebuck & Brown, J. Scott & Yamashita, Takashi
- 128-140 To move or not to move? Exploring the relationship between residential mobility, risk of cardiovascular disease and ethnicity in New Zealand
by Darlington-Pollock, Frances & Norman, Paul & Lee, Arier C. & Grey, Corina & Mehta, Suneela & Exeter, Daniel J.
- 141-149 “I have to constantly prove to myself, to people, that I fit the bill”: Perspectives on weight and shape control behaviors among low-income, ethnically diverse young transgender women
by Gordon, Allegra R. & Austin, S. Bryn & Krieger, Nancy & White Hughto, Jaclyn M. & Reisner, Sari L.
- 150-158 Young people's use of medicines: Pharmaceuticalised governance and illness management within household and school settings
by Thomas, Felicity
- 159-167 “Symptoms of something all around us”: Mental health, Inuit culture, and criminal justice in Arctic communities in Nunavut, Canada
by Ferrazzi, Priscilla & Krupa, Terry
- 168-176 Barriers and facilitators to health screening in men: A systematic review
by Teo, Chin Hai & Ng, Chirk Jenn & Booth, Andrew & White, Alan
- 177-186 Neighborhood safety factors associated with older adults' health-related outcomes: A systematic literature review
by Won, Jaewoong & Lee, Chanam & Forjuoh, Samuel N. & Ory, Marcia G.
- 187-195 What is herd immunity, and how does it relate to pediatric vaccination uptake? US parent perspectives
by Sobo, Elisa J.
- 206-213 Building a culture of health: A new framework and measures for health and health care in America
by Trujillo, Matthew D. & Plough, Alonzo
- 214-222 Cultures of engagement: The organizational foundations of advancing health in immigrant and low-income communities of color
by Bloemraad, Irene & Terriquez, Veronica
- 223-232 Destigmatization and health: Cultural constructions and the long-term reduction of stigma
by Clair, Matthew & Daniel, Caitlin & Lamont, Michèle
- 233-245 Risk is for the rich? Childhood vaccination resistance and a Culture of Health
by Berezin, Mabel & Eads, Alicia
- 246-254 The politics of health mobilization in the United States: The promise and pitfalls of “disease constituencies”
by Epstein, Steven
- 255-262 How a housing advocacy coalition adds health: A culture of claims-making
by Dasgupta, Kushan & Lichterman, Paul
- 263-270 How health navigators legitimize the Affordable Care Act to the uninsured poor
by Vargas, Robert
- 271-279 Culture, health, and bigotry: How exposure to cultural accounts of fatness shape attitudes about health risk, health policies, and weight-based prejudice
by Frederick, David A. & Saguy, Abigail C. & Gruys, Kjerstin
- 280-288 Cultural carrying capacity: Organ donation advocacy, discursive framing, and social media engagement
by Bail, Christopher A.
- 289-296 How does a culture of health change? Lessons from the war on cigarettes
by Schudson, Michael & Baykurt, Burcu
2016, Volume 164, Issue C
- 1-11 Older adults' quality of life – Exploring the role of the built environment and social cohesion in community-dwelling seniors on low income
by Engel, L. & Chudyk, A.M. & Ashe, M.C. & McKay, H.A. & Whitehurst, D.G.T. & Bryan, S.
- 12-18 Managing madness, murderers and paedophiles: Understanding change in the field of English forensic psychiatry
by McDonald, Ruth & Furtado, Vivek & Vollm, Birgit
- 19-26 Visualising uncertainty: Examining women's views on the role of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in late pregnancy
by Reed, Kate & Kochetkova, Inna & Whitby, Elspeth
- 27-34 Limits and opportunities to community health worker empowerment: A multi-country comparative study
by Kane, Sumit & Kok, Maryse & Ormel, Hermen & Otiso, Lilian & Sidat, Mohsin & Namakhoma, Ireen & Nasir, Sudirman & Gemechu, Daniel & Rashid, Sabina & Taegtmeyer, Miriam & Theobald, Sally & de Koning, Korrie
- 35-43 Understanding HIV-related stigma in older age in rural Malawi
by Freeman, Emily
- 44-48 A chapter a day: Association of book reading with longevity
by Bavishi, Avni & Slade, Martin D. & Levy, Becca R.
- 49-58 Do racial inequities in infant mortality correspond to variations in societal conditions? A study of state-level income inequality in the U.S., 1992–2007
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Jones, Marcella K. & Bruce, Donald J. & Erwin, Paul C.
- 59-73 Healthy or unhealthy migrants? Identifying internal migration effects on mortality in Africa using health and demographic surveillance systems of the INDEPTH network
by Ginsburg, Carren & Bocquier, Philippe & Béguy, Donatien & Afolabi, Sulaimon & Augusto, Orvalho & Derra, Karim & Herbst, Kobus & Lankoande, Bruno & Odhiambo, Frank & Otiende, Mark & Soura, Abdramane & Wamukoya, Marylene & Zabré, Pascal & White, Michael J. & Collinson, Mark A.
- 74-88 Does fiscal decentralization improve health outcomes? Evidence from infant mortality in Italy
by Cavalieri, Marina & Ferrante, Livio
- 89-99 Agroecology and sustainable food systems: Participatory research to improve food security among HIV-affected households in northern Malawi
by Nyantakyi-Frimpong, Hanson & Mambulu, Faith Nankasa & Bezner Kerr, Rachel & Luginaah, Isaac & Lupafya, Esther
- 100-107 Rhetoric and the law, or the law of rhetoric: How countries oppose novel tobacco control measures at the World Trade Organization
by Lencucha, Raphael & Drope, Jeffrey & Labonte, Ronald
- 108-117 Collaboration and entanglement: An actor-network theory analysis of team-based intraprofessional care for patients with advanced heart failure
by McDougall, A. & Goldszmidt, M. & Kinsella, E.A. & Smith, S. & Lingard, L.
- 118-129 The impact of strengthening cigarette pack warnings: Systematic review of longitudinal observational studies
by Noar, Seth M. & Francis, Diane B. & Bridges, Christy & Sontag, Jennah M. & Ribisl, Kurt M. & Brewer, Noel T.
- 133-140 Medical mistrust among social network members may contribute to antiretroviral treatment nonadherence in African Americans living with HIV
by Bogart, Laura M. & Wagner, Glenn J. & Green, Harold D. & Mutchler, Matt G. & Klein, David J. & McDavitt, Bryce & Lawrence, Sean J. & Hilliard, Charles L.
- 141-149 Interpersonal communication about pictorial health warnings on cigarette packages: Policy-related influences and relationships with smoking cessation attempts
by Thrasher, James F. & Abad-Vivero, Erika N. & Huang, Liling & O'Connor, Richard J. & Hammond, David & Bansal-Travers, Maansi & Yong, Hua-Hie & Borland, Ron & Markovsky, Barry & Hardin, James
- 150-157 Are liveable neighbourhoods safer neighbourhoods? Testing the rhetoric on new urbanism and safety from crime in Perth, Western Australia
by Foster, Sarah & Hooper, Paula & Knuiman, Matthew & Bull, Fiona & Giles-Corti, Billie
2016, Volume 163, Issue C
- 1-9 “Whenever they cry, I cry with them”: Reciprocal relationships and the role of ethics in a verbal autopsy study in Papua New Guinea
by Gouda, H.N. & Kelly-Hanku, A. & Wilson, L. & Maraga, S. & Riley, I.D.
- 10-20 Can cash transfers improve determinants of maternal mortality? Evidence from the household and community programs in Indonesia
by Kusuma, Dian & Cohen, Jessica & McConnell, Margaret & Berman, Peter
- 21-27 “It’s not if I get cancer, it’s when I get cancer”: BRCA-positive patients’ (un)certain health experiences regarding hereditary breast and ovarian cancer risk
by Dean, Marleah
- 28-36 Drivers of sustained hygiene behaviour change: A case study from mid-western Nepal
by McMichael, Celia & Robinson, Priscilla
- 37-44 Cross-section and panel estimates of peer effects in early adolescent cannabis use: With a little help from my ‘friends once removed’
by Moriarty, John & McVicar, Duncan & Higgins, Kathryn
- 45-53 Web based health surveys: Using a Two Step Heckman model to examine their potential for population health analysis
by Morrissey, Karyn & Kinderman, Peter & Pontin, Eleanor & Tai, Sara & Schwannauer, Mathias
- 54-62 Personality traits and body weight: Evidence using sibling comparisons
by Kim, Jinho
- 63-70 Political strategies in difficult times – The “backstage” experience of Swedish politicians on formal priority setting in healthcare
by Garpenby, Peter & Nedlund, Ann-Charlotte
- 71-79 Alcohol abstention in early adulthood and premature mortality: Do early life factors, social support, and health explain this association?
by Evans-Polce, Rebecca J. & Staff, Jeremy & Maggs, Jennifer L.
- 80-88 Development of an explanatory model of sexual intimacy following treatment for localised prostate cancer: A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative evidence
by Tucker, Samantha R. & Speer, Susan A. & Peters, Sarah
- 89-97 Action control in dyads: A randomized controlled trial to promote physical activity in everyday life
by Berli, Corina & Stadler, Gertraud & Inauen, Jennifer & Scholz, Urte
- 98-106 “Halfway towards recovery”: Rehabilitating the relational self in narratives of postnatal depression
by Stone, Meredith & Kokanovic, Renata
- 107-116 Gender differentials and old age survival in the Nairobi slums, Kenya
by Bennett, Rachel & Chepngeno-Langat, Gloria & Evandrou, Maria & Falkingham, Jane
- 117-125 Retirement and its consequences for women's health in Australia
by Zhu, Rong
- 126-134 Exhausted without trust and inherent worth: A model of the suicide process based on experiential accounts
by Benson, Outi & Gibson, Susanne & Boden, Zoë V.R. & Owen, Gareth
- 135-143 Disentangling the directions of associations between structural social capital and mental health: Longitudinal analyses of gender, civic engagement and depressive symptoms
by Landstedt, Evelina & Almquist, Ylva B. & Eriksson, Malin & Hammarström, Anne
- 144-156 A cross-sectional and spatial analysis of the prevalence of multimorbidity and its association with socioeconomic disadvantage in South Africa: A comparison between 2008 and 2012
by Weimann, Amy & Dai, Dajun & Oni, Tolu
- 157-167 Are testosterone levels and depression risk linked based on partnering and parenting? Evidence from a large population-representative study of U.S. men and women
by Gettler, Lee T. & Oka, Rahul C.
- 168-175 Dimensions of religious involvement and leukocyte telomere length
by Hill, Terrence D. & Ellison, Christopher G. & Burdette, Amy M. & Taylor, John & Friedman, Katherine L.
2016, Volume 162, Issue C
- 1-10 The impact on health of employment and welfare transitions for those receiving out-of-work disability benefits in the UK
by Curnock, Esther & Leyland, Alastair H. & Popham, Frank
- 11-20 Growth of health maintenance organisations in Nigeria and the potential for a role in promoting universal coverage efforts
by Onoka, Chima A. & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne
- 21-31 Multiple contexts and adolescent body mass index: Schools, neighborhoods, and social networks
by Evans, Clare R. & Onnela, Jukka-Pekka & Williams, David R. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 32-40 Heuristic decision-making about research participation in children with cystic fibrosis
by Christofides, Emily & Dobson, Jennifer A. & Solomon, Melinda & Waters, Valerie & O’Doherty, Kieran C.
- 41-49 Socio-economic status in relation to smoking: The role of (expected and desired) social support and quitter identity
by Meijer, Eline & Gebhardt, Winifred A. & Van Laar, Colette & Kawous, Ramin & Beijk, Sarah C.A.M.
- 50-58 Moving to opportunity and mental health: Exploring the spatial context of neighborhood effects
by Graif, Corina & Arcaya, Mariana C. & Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 59-67 Developing robust composite measures of healthcare quality – Ranking intervals and dominance relations for Scottish Health Boards
by Schang, Laura & Hynninen, Yrjänä & Morton, Alec & Salo, Ahti
- 68-78 The Index of Vulnerability: An anthropological method linking social-ecological systems to mental and physical health outcomes
by Tallman, Paula Skye
- 79-87 Understanding public reactions to commercialization of biobanks and use of biobank resources
by Nicol, Dianne & Critchley, Christine & McWhirter, Rebekah & Whitton, Tess
- 88-96 The health effects of the foreclosure crisis and unaffordable housing: A systematic review and explanation of evidence
by Downing, Janelle
- 97-105 A transactional approach to relationships over time between perceived HIV stigma and the psychological and physical well-being of people with HIV
by Miller, Carol T. & Solomon, Sondra E. & Varni, Susan E. & Hodge, James J. & Knapp, F. Andrew & Bunn, Janice Y.
- 106-114 The relationship between electronic gaming machine accessibility and police-recorded domestic violence: A spatio-temporal analysis of 654 postcodes in Victoria, Australia, 2005–2014
by Markham, Francis & Doran, Bruce & Young, Martin
- 115-123 To tell or not to tell: A qualitative interview study on disclosure decisions among children with inflammatory bowel disease
by Barned, Claudia & Stinzi, Alain & Mack, David & O’Doherty, Kieran C.
- 124-132 Moving from rational to normative ideologies of control over public involvement: A case of continued managerial dominance
by Croft, Charlotte & Currie, Graeme & Staniszewska, Sophie
- 133-142 Understanding specialist sharing: A mixed-method exploration in an increasingly price-competitive hospital market
by Westra, Daan & Angeli, Federica & Jatautaitė, Evelina & Carree, Martin & Ruwaard, Dirk
- 143-150 How does the seasonality influence utilitarian walking behaviour in different urbanization settings in Scotland?
by Hong, Jinhyun
- 151-157 “You get to know the people and whether they’re talking sense or not”: Negotiating trust on health-related forums
by Brady, Ellen & Segar, Julia & Sanders, Caroline
- 158-167 Education and alcohol use: A study of gene-environment interaction in young adulthood
by Barr, Peter B. & Salvatore, Jessica E. & Maes, Hermine & Aliev, Fazil & Latvala, Antti & Viken, Richard & Rose, Richard J. & Kaprio, Jaakko & Dick, Danielle M.
- 168-176 Happiness and health across the lifespan in five major cities: The impact of place and government performance
by Hogan, Michael J. & Leyden, Kevin M. & Conway, Ronan & Goldberg, Abraham & Walsh, Deirdre & McKenna-Plumley, Phoebe E.
- 177-184 Mothercraft: Birth work and the making of neoliberal mothers
by McCabe, Katharine
- 185-192 High performance in healthcare priority setting and resource allocation: A literature- and case study-based framework in the Canadian context
by Smith, Neale & Mitton, Craig & Hall, William & Bryan, Stirling & Donaldson, Cam & Peacock, Stuart & Gibson, Jennifer L. & Urquhart, Bonnie
- 193-200 Peer counselling for doctors in Norway: A qualitative study of the relationship between support and surveillance
by Isaksson Rø, Karin & Veggeland, Frode & Aasland, Olaf G.
- 201-209 Involving immigrant religious organizations in HIV/AIDS prevention: The role of bonding and bridging social capital
by Leung, ManChui R. & Chin, John J. & Petrescu-Prahova, Miruna
- 210-218 Cash transfers, maternal depression and emotional well-being: Quasi-experimental evidence from India’s Janani Suraksha Yojana programme
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Pereira, Shreya K. & Dutt, Varun & Tougher, Sarah & Haldar, Kaveri & Kumar, Paresh
- 219-226 Challenges in researching violence affecting health service delivery in complex security environments
by Foghammar, Ludvig & Jang, Suyoun & Kyzy, Gulzhan Asylbek & Weiss, Nerina & Sullivan, Katherine A. & Gibson-Fall, Fawzia & Irwin, Rachel
2016, Volume 161, Issue C
- 1-12 Gender inequality and the ‘East-West’ divide in contraception: An analysis at the individual, the couple, and the country level
by Dereuddre, Rozemarijn & Van de Velde, Sarah & Bracke, Piet
- 13-18 Forced removals embodied as tuberculosis
by Richardson, Eugene T. & Morrow, Carl D. & Ho, Theodore & Fürst, Nicole & Cohelia, Rebekkah & Tram, Khai Hoan & Farmer, Paul E. & Wood, Robin
- 19-26 Equally inequitable? A cross-national comparative study of racial health inequalities in the United States and Canada
by Ramraj, Chantel & Shahidi, Faraz Vahid & Darity, William & Kawachi, Ichiro & Zuberi, Daniyal & Siddiqi, Arjumand
- 27-36 Living with sickle cell disease and depression in Lagos, Nigeria: A mixed methods study
by Ola, Bolanle A. & Yates, Scott J. & Dyson, Simon M.
- 37-46 A psychosocial resilience curriculum provides the “missing piece” to boost adolescent physical health: A randomized controlled trial of Girls First in India
by Leventhal, Katherine Sachs & DeMaria, Lisa M. & Gillham, Jane E. & Andrew, Gracy & Peabody, John & Leventhal, Steve M.
- 47-54 Predictors of depressive symptoms following the Great East Japan earthquake: A prospective study
by Tsuboya, Toru & Aida, Jun & Hikichi, Hiroyuki & Subramanian, S.V. & Kondo, Katsunori & Osaka, Ken & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 55-60 Weight-related stigma is a significant psychosocial stressor in developing countries: Evidence from Guatemala
by Hackman, Joseph & Maupin, Jonathan & Brewis, Alexandra A.
- 64-73 The influence of patients’ immigration background and residence permit status on treatment decisions in health care. Results of a factorial survey among general practitioners in Switzerland
by Drewniak, Daniel & Krones, Tanja & Sauer, Carsten & Wild, Verina
- 74-82 The effect of metropolitan-area mortgage delinquency on health behaviors, access to health services, and self-rated health in the United States, 2003–2010
by Charters, Thomas J. & Harper, Sam & Strumpf, Erin C. & Subramanian, S.V. & Arcaya, Mariana & Nandi, Arijit
- 83-91 Identifying components in consent information needed to support informed decision making about trial participation: An interview study with women managing cancer
by Abhyankar, Purva & Velikova, Galina & Summers, Barbara & Bekker, Hilary L.
- 92-99 Regional inequalities in self-rated health in Russia: What is the role of social and economic capital?
by Lyytikäinen, Laura & Kemppainen, Teemu
- 100-108 The social life of the dead: The role of post-mortem examinations in medical student socialisation
by Goodwin, Dawn & Machin, Laura & Taylor, Adam
- 109-117 Culture as a mediator of gene-environment interaction: Cultural consonance, childhood adversity, a 2A serotonin receptor polymorphism, and depression in urban Brazil
by Dressler, William W. & Balieiro, Mauro C. & Ferreira de Araújo, Luiza & Silva, Wilson A. & Ernesto dos Santos, José
- 118-125 Self-reported morbidity and health service utilization in rural Tamil Nadu, India
by Dodd, Warren & King, Nia & Humphries, Sally & Little, Matthew & Dewey, Cate
- 126-133 Lower parental numeracy is associated with children being under- and overweight
by Dallacker, Mattea & Hertwig, Ralph & Peters, Ellen & Mata, Jutta
- 134-142 Using global positioning systems to study health-related mobility and participation
by Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Klein, Louis A. & Salzer, Mark S.
- 143-150 Sexual stigma and symbolic violence experienced, enacted, and counteracted in young Africans’ writing about same-sex attraction
by Winskell, Kate & Sabben, Gaëlle
- 151-159 Do waiting times affect health outcomes? Evidence from coronary bypass
by Moscelli, Giuseppe & Siciliani, Luigi & Tonei, Valentina
- 160-168 ADHD in context: Young adults’ reports of the impact of occupational environment on the manifestation of ADHD
by Lasky, Arielle K. & Weisner, Thomas S. & Jensen, Peter S. & Hinshaw, Stephen P. & Hechtman, Lily & Arnold, L. Eugene & W. Murray, Desiree & Swanson, James M.
- 169-177 The consequences of sickness presenteeism on health and wellbeing over time: A systematic review
by Skagen, Kristian & Collins, Alison M.
- 178-194 Discrimination and drinking: A systematic review of the evidence
by Gilbert, Paul A. & Zemore, Sarah E.
- 195-203 Effects of a settings-based intervention to promote student wellbeing and reduce smoking in vocational schools: A non-randomized controlled study
by Andersen, Susan & Rod, Morten Hulvej & Ersbøll, Annette Kjær & Stock, Christiane & Johansen, Christoffer & Holmberg, Teresa & Zinckernagel, Line & Ingholt, Liselotte & Sørensen, Betina Bang & Tolstrup, Janne Schurmann
2016, Volume 160, Issue C
- 1-8 Embodying health identities: A study of young people with asthma
by Monaghan, Lee F. & Gabe, Jonathan
- 9-19 Geographies of medicalized welfare: Spatial analysis of supplemental security income in the U.S., 2000–2010
by Wong, Sandy
- 20-28 Health, employment and relationships: Correlates of personal wellbeing in young adults with and without a history of childhood language impairment
by Conti-Ramsden, Gina & Durkin, Kevin & Mok, Pearl L.H. & Toseeb, Umar & Botting, Nicola
- 29-34 Has the Spanish economic crisis affected the duration of sickness absence episodes?
by Murcia López, Guillermo & Delclós Clanchet, Jordi & Ubalde López, Mònica & Calvo Bonacho, Eva & Benavides, Fernando G.
- 35-42 Receiving care for intimate partner violence in primary care: Barriers and enablers for women participating in the weave randomised controlled trial
by O’Doherty, Lorna & Taket, Ann & Valpied, Jodie & Hegarty, Kelsey
- 43-53 “I just couldn’t step out of the circle. I was trapped”: Patterns of endurance and distress in Chinese-Canadian women with a history of suicidal behaviour
by Zaheer, Juveria & Shera, Wes & Tsang, A. Ka Tat & Law, Samuel & Fung, Wai Lun Alan & Eynan, Rahel & Lam, June & Zheng, Xiaoqian & Pozi, Liu & Links, Paul S.
- 54-66 Gender, education and Russia’s tobacco epidemic: A life-course approach
by Quirmbach, Diana & Gerry, Christopher J.
- 67-74 Interpreting suffering from illness: The role of culture and repressive suffering construal
by Yang, Qian & Liu, Shi & Sullivan, Daniel & Pan, Shengdong
- 75-86 Timing and utilization of antenatal care services in Liberia: Understanding the pre-Ebola epidemic context
by Luginaah, Isaac N. & Kangmennaang, Joseph & Fallah, Mosoka & Dahn, Bernice & Kateh, Francis & Nyenswah, Tolbert
- 87-93 Lifestyle behaviors and ethnic identity among diverse women at high risk for type 2 diabetes
by Brown, Susan D. & Ehrlich, Samantha F. & Kubo, Ai & Tsai, Ai-Lin & Hedderson, Monique M. & Quesenberry, Charles P. & Ferrara, Assiamira
- 94-101 Detached concern?: Emotional socialization in twenty-first century medical education
by Underman, Kelly & Hirshfield, Laura E.
- 102-110 First-time parents’ shared representation of postpartum depressive symptoms: A qualitative analysis
by Henshaw, Erin J. & Durkin, Kristine M. & Snell, Rita J.
- 111-119 A longitudinal analysis of cross-border ties and depression for Latino adults
by Torres, Jacqueline M. & Lee, Anne & González, Hector M. & Garcia, Lorena & Haan, Mary N.
- 120-127 Prevention of frailty through narrative intervention
by Freitag, S. & Schmidt, S.