Social Science & Medicine
2015, Volume 144, Issue C
- 1-8 Exploring ecological, emotional and social levers of self-rated health for urban gardeners and non-gardeners: A path analysis
by Litt, J.S. & Schmiege, S.J. & Hale, J.W. & Buchenau, M. & Sancar, F.
- 9-18 Dental attendance among low-income women and their children following a brief motivational counseling intervention: A community randomized trial
by Riedy, Christine A. & Weinstein, Philip & Mancl, Lloyd & Garson, Gayle & Huebner, Colleen E. & Milgrom, Peter & Grembowski, David & Shepherd-Banigan, Megan & Smolen, Darlene & Sutherland, Marilynn
- 19-27 Breastfeeding motivation and Self-Determination Theory
by Kestler-Peleg, Miri & Shamir-Dardikman, Merav & Hermoni, Doron & Ginzburg, Karni
- 28-37 How reliable are self-reports of HIV status disclosure? Evidence from couples in Malawi
by Conroy, Amy A. & Wong, Lauren H.
- 39-47 Duration of U.S. stay and body mass index among Latino and Asian immigrants: A test of theoretical pathways
by Ro, Annie & Bostean, Georgiana
- 48-58 Are bad health and pain making us grumpy? An empirical evaluation of reporting heterogeneity in rating health system responsiveness
by Fiorentini, Gianluca & Ragazzi, Giovanni & Robone, Silvana
- 59-68 Using ambulatory care sensitive hospitalisations to analyse the effectiveness of primary care services in Mexico
by Lugo-Palacios, David G. & Cairns, John
- 69-78 Psychological and cognitive determinants of mortality: Evidence from a nationally representative sample followed over thirty-five years
by Karraker, Amelia & Schoeni, Robert F. & Cornman, Jennifer C.
- 79-87 Toward a multidimensional understanding of culture for health interventions
by Asad, Asad L. & Kay, Tamara
- 88-95 Household income and adolescent blood pressure in a Chinese birth cohort: “Children of 1997”
by Kwok, Man Ki & Subramanian, S.V. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C. Mary
- 96-103 The indirect effects of subsidised healthcare in rural Ghana
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Ansah, Evelyn K.
- 104-111 Does disability status modify the association between psychosocial job quality and mental health? A longitudinal fixed-effects analysis
by Milner, A. & Krnjacki, L. & Butterworth, P. & Kavanagh, A. & LaMontagne, Anthony D.
- 112-118 Who is on the medical team?: Shifting the boundaries of belonging on the ICU
by Rodriquez, Jason
- 119-126 The Israeli Medical Association's discourse on health inequity
by Avni, Shlomit & Filc, Dani & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 127-137 Unpaid work in health economic evaluations
by Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner
- 138-147 Early-life characteristics and educational disparities in smoking
by Andersson, Matthew A. & Maralani, Vida
2015, Volume 143, Issue C
- 1-8 Differential associations of job control components with both waist circumference and body mass index
by Bean, Christopher G. & Winefield, Helen R. & Sargent, Charli & Hutchinson, Amanda D.
- 9-16 Microaggressions and the reproduction of social inequalities in medical encounters in Mexico
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 17-25 Social support in the practices of informal providers: The case of patent and proprietary medicine vendors in Nigeria
by Sieverding, Maia & Liu, Jenny & Beyeler, Naomi
- 26-35 Investigating the effects of temporal and interpersonal relative deprivation on health in China
by Jin, Lei & Tam, Tony
- 36-44 Unemployment and substance use problems among young adults: Does childhood low socioeconomic status exacerbate the effect?
by Lee, Jungeun Olivia & Hill, Karl G. & Hartigan, Lacey A. & Boden, Joseph M. & Guttmannova, Katarina & Kosterman, Rick & Bailey, Jennifer A. & Catalano, Richard F.
- 45-53 What motivates maternal and child nutrition peer educators? Experiences of fathers and grandmothers in western Kenya
by Martin, Stephanie L. & Muhomah, Teresia & Thuita, Faith & Bingham, Allison & Mukuria, Altrena G.
- 54-61 Sliding down the U-shape? A dynamic panel investigation of the age-well-being relationship, focusing on young adults
by Piper, Alan T.
- 62-70 Japanese and American public health approaches to preventing population weight gain: A role for paternalism?
by Borovoy, Amy & Roberto, Christina A.
- 71-80 Gender, male-typicality, and social norms predicting adolescent alcohol intoxication and marijuana use
by Mahalik, James R. & Lombardi, Caitlin McPherran & Sims, Jacqueline & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Lynch, Alicia Doyle
- 81-87 Medicine ‘misuse’: Implications for health and environmental sustainability
by Thomas, Felicity & Depledge, Michael
- 88-97 Conceptualising the ‘community’ as a recipient of money – A critical literature review, and implications for health and inequalities
by Reynolds, Joanna & Egan, Matt & Renedo, Alicia & Petticrew, Mark
- 98-106 Tu Salud, ¡Si Cuenta!: Exposure to a community-wide campaign and its associations with physical activity and fruit and vegetable consumption among individuals of Mexican descent
by Reininger, Belinda M. & Mitchell-Bennett, Lisa & Lee, MinJae & Gowen, Rose Z. & Barroso, Cristina S. & Gay, Jennifer L. & Saldana, Mayra Vanessa
- 107-116 Demand response to improved walking infrastructure: A study into the economics of walking and health behaviour change
by Longo, Alberto & Hutchinson, W. George & Hunter, Ruth F. & Tully, Mark A. & Kee, Frank
- 117-127 The relative contributions of disease label and disease prognosis to Alzheimer's stigma: A vignette-based experiment
by Johnson, Rebecca & Harkins, Kristin & Cary, Mark & Sankar, Pamela & Karlawish, Jason
- 128-136 Evaluative language in physiotherapy practice: How does it contribute to the therapeutic relationship?
by Josephson, Iréne & Woodward-Kron, Robyn & Delany, Clare & Hiller, Amy
- 137-144 Democracy and self-rated health across 67 countries: A multilevel analysis
by Krueger, Patrick M. & Dovel, Kathryn & Denney, Justin T.
- 145-153 Patient dissatisfaction in China: What matters
by Pan, Jay & Liu, Dan & Ali, Shehzad
- 154-161 Food insecurity, chronic illness, and gentrification in the San Francisco Bay Area: An example of structural violence in United States public policy
by Whittle, Henry J. & Palar, Kartika & Hufstedler, Lee Lemus & Seligman, Hilary K. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 162-170 Conceptualising quality of life outcomes for women participating in testing for sexually transmitted infections: A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Jackson, Louise J. & Roberts, Tracy E.
- 171-178 Unemployment transitions and self-rated health in Europe: A longitudinal analysis of EU-SILC from 2008 to 2011
by Tøge, Anne Grete & Blekesaune, Morten
- 179-184 The development of a new condom use expectancy scale for at-risk adults
by Nydegger, Liesl A. & Ames, Susan L. & Stacy, Alan W.
- 185-193 Towards an understanding of the relationship of functional literacy and numeracy to geographical health inequalities
by Moon, Graham & Aitken, Grant & Roderick, Paul & Fraser, Simon & Rowlands, Gill
- 194-203 Impact of hospital delivery on child mortality: An analysis of adolescent mothers in Bangladesh
by Pal, Sarmistha
- 204-212 HIV after 40 in rural South Africa: A life course approach to HIV vulnerability among middle aged and older adults
by Mojola, Sanyu A. & Williams, Jill & Angotti, Nicole & Gómez-Olivé, F. Xavier
- 213-222 Health in police officers: Role of risk factor clusters and police divisions
by Habersaat, Stephanie A. & Geiger, Ashley M. & Abdellaoui, Sid & Wolf, Jutta M.
- 223-231 Job-loss and weight gain in British adults: Evidence from two longitudinal studies
by Monsivais, Pablo & Martin, Adam & Suhrcke, Marc & Forouhi, Nita G. & Wareham, Nicholas J.
- 232-240 Fear, blame and transparency: Obstetric caregivers' rationales for high caesarean section rates in a low-resource setting
by Litorp, Helena & Mgaya, Andrew & Mbekenga, Columba K. & Kidanto, Hussein L. & Johnsdotter, Sara & Essén, Birgitta
- 241-248 The association of daily physical symptoms with future health
by Leger, Kate A. & Charles, Susan T. & Ayanian, John Z. & Almeida, David M.
- 255-261 Fertile bodies, immature brains?: A genealogical critique of neuroscientific claims regarding the adolescent brain and of the global fight against adolescent motherhood
by Koffman, Ofra
- 262-270 Developing gender: The medical treatment of transgender young people
by Castañeda, Claudia
- 271-278 Developmental logics: Brain science, child welfare, and the ethics of engagement in Japan
by Goldfarb, Kathryn E.
- 279-286 Infancy, autism, and the emergence of a socially disordered body
by Hollin, Gregory J.S. & Pilnick, Alison
- 287-296 Risky, early, controversial. Puberty in medical discourses
by Cozzi, Donatella & Vinel, Virginie
- 297-303 How and why should children eat fruit and vegetables? Ethnographic insights into diverse body pedagogies
by Kontopodis, Michalis
- 304-310 Neural imaginaries and clinical epistemology: Rhetorically mapping the adolescent brain in the clinical encounter
by Buchbinder, Mara
- 311-319 “Learning how to deal with feelings differently”: Psychotropic medications as vehicles of socialization in adolescence
by Choudhury, Suparna & McKinney, Kelly A. & Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 320-328 Taking pills for developmental ails in Southern Brazil: The biologization of adolescence?
by Béhague, Dominique P.
- 329-335 Physical constraint as psychological holding: Mental-health treatment for difficult and violent adolescents in France
by Gansel, Yannis & Lézé, Samuel
- 336-342 “What is strange is that we don't have more children coming to us”: A habitography of child psychiatrists and scholastic pressure in Kolkata, India
by Ecks, Stefan & Kupfer, Christine
2015, Volume 142, Issue C
- 1-8 A multilevel cross-lagged structural equation analysis for reciprocal relationship between social capital and health
by Yu, Ge & Sessions, John G. & Fu, Yu & Wall, Martin
- 9-18 Socioeconomic inequalities in prostate cancer survival: A review of the evidence and explanatory factors
by Klein, Jens & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf
- 19-26 Beyond metrics? Utilizing ‘soft intelligence’ for healthcare quality and safety
by Martin, Graham P. & McKee, Lorna & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 27-36 “So, is that your ‘relative’ or mine?” A political-ecological critique of census-based area deprivation indices
by Fu, Mengzhu & Exeter, Daniel J. & Anderson, Anneka
- 37-46 The causal effect of education on HIV stigma in Uganda: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Venkataramani, Atheendar S.
- 47-55 The neoliberal diet and inequality in the United States
by Otero, Gerardo & Pechlaner, Gabriela & Liberman, Giselle & Gürcan, Efe
- 56-67 Seeking everyday wellbeing: The coast as a therapeutic landscape
by Bell, Sarah L. & Phoenix, Cassandra & Lovell, Rebecca & Wheeler, Benedict W.
- 68-81 Operationalising the capability approach as an outcome measure in public health: The development of the OCAP-18
by Lorgelly, Paula K. & Lorimer, Karen & Fenwick, Elisabeth A.L. & Briggs, Andrew H. & Anand, Paul
- 82-89 Does “difficult patient” status contribute to de facto demedicalization? The case of borderline personality disorder
by Sulzer, Sandra H.
- 90-99 Informal m-health: How are young people using mobile phones to bridge healthcare gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa?
by Hampshire, Kate & Porter, Gina & Owusu, Samuel Asiedu & Mariwah, Simon & Abane, Albert & Robson, Elsbeth & Munthali, Alister & DeLannoy, Ariane & Bango, Andisiwe & Gunguluza, Nwabisa & Milner, James
- 100-108 Individual and contextual correlates of physical activity among a clinical sample of United States Veterans
by Hoerster, Katherine D. & Millstein, Rachel A. & Hall, Katherine S. & Gray, Kristen E. & Reiber, Gayle E. & Nelson, Karin M. & Saelens, Brian E.
- 109-117 Cumulative exposure to childhood stressors and subsequent psychological distress. An analysis of US panel data
by Björkenstam, Emma & Burström, Bo & Brännström, Lars & Vinnerljung, Bo & Björkenstam, Charlotte & Pebley, Anne R.
- 118-127 Anticipated regret to increase uptake of colorectal cancer screening (ARTICS): A randomised controlled trial
by O'Carroll, Ronan E. & Chambers, Julie A. & Brownlee, Linda & Libby, Gillian & Steele, Robert J.C.
- 128-135 A longitudinal examination of maternal, family, and area-level experiences of racism on children's socioemotional development: Patterns and possible explanations
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Kelly, Yvonne
- 136-144 Does the hand that controls the cigarette packet rule the smoker? Findings from ethnographic interviews with smokers in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and the USA
by Bell, Kirsten & Dennis, Simone & Robinson, Jude & Moore, Roland
- 145-153 Early physical health conditions and school readiness skills in a prospective birth cohort of U.S. children
by Kull, Melissa A. & Coley, Rebekah Levine
- 154-162 Children's self reported discomforts as participants in clinical research
by Staphorst, Mira S. & Hunfeld, Joke A.M. & van de Vathorst, Suzanne & Passchier, Jan & van Goudoever, Johannes B.
- 163-168 The persistence of predictors of wellbeing among refugee youth eight years after resettlement in Melbourne, Australia
by Correa-Velez, Ignacio & Gifford, Sandra M. & McMichael, Celia
- 169-182 Which part of community social capital is related to life satisfaction and self-rated health? A multilevel analysis based on a nationwide mail survey in Japan
by Inaba, Yoji & Wada, Yuri & Ichida, Yukinobu & Nishikawa, Masashi
- 183-193 The age profile of the location decision of Australian general practitioners
by Mu, Chunzhou
- 194-201 Race, law, and health: Examination of ‘Stand Your Ground’ and defendant convictions in Florida
by Ackermann, Nicole & Goodman, Melody S. & Gilbert, Keon & Arroyo-Johnson, Cassandra & Pagano, Marcello
- 202-213 Food deserts or food swamps?: A mixed-methods study of local food environments in a Mexican city
by Bridle-Fitzpatrick, Susan
- 214-222 Citing conduct, individualizing symptoms: Accomplishing autism diagnosis in clinical case conferences
by Turowetz, Jason
- 223-231 The value of frameworks as knowledge translation mechanisms to guide community participation practice in Ontario CHCs
by Montesanti, Stephanie Rose & Abelson, Julia & Lavis, John N. & Dunn, James R.
- 232-240 The Biobehavioral Family Model: Close relationships and allostatic load
by Priest, Jacob B. & Woods, Sarah B. & Maier, Candice A. & Parker, Elizabeth Oshrin & Benoit, Jenna A. & Roush, Tara R.
- 241-248 Social mobility and health in European countries: Does welfare regime type matter?
by Campos-Matos, Inês & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 249-255 Trust, reciprocity and collective action to fight antibiotic resistance. An experimental approach
by Rönnerstrand, Björn & Andersson Sundell, Karolina
- 256-260 The impact of overtly listing eligibility requirements on MTurk: An investigation involving organ donation, recruitment scripts, and feelings of elevation
by Siegel, Jason T. & Navarro, Mario A. & Thomson, Andrew L.
2015, Volume 141, Issue C
- 1-8 The precariousness of the franchise state: Voluntary sector health services and international NGOs in Tanzania, 1960s – mid-1980s
by Jennings, Michael
- 9-18 ‘High profile health facilities can add to your trouble’: Women, stigma and un/safe abortion in Kenya
by Izugbara, Chimaraoke O. & Egesa, Carolyne & Okelo, Rispah
- 19-26 Prenatal diagnosis: From policy to practice. Two distinct ways of managing prognostic uncertainty and anticipating disability in Brazil and in France
by Ville, Isabelle & Mirlesse, Véronique
- 27-35 The relationship between narrative classification of obesity and support for public policy interventions
by Thibodeau, Paul H. & Perko, Victoria L. & Flusberg, Stephen J.
- 36-45 Impact of the Kenya Cash Transfer for Orphans and Vulnerable Children on early pregnancy and marriage of adolescent girls
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Huang, Carolyn & Halpern, Carolyn & Pettifor, Audrey & Thirumurthy, Harsha
- 46-55 Smoke-free air laws and quit attempts: Evidence for a moderating role of spontaneous self-affirmation
by Persoskie, Alexander & Ferrer, Rebecca A. & Taber, Jennifer M. & Klein, William M.P. & Parascandola, Mark & Harris, Peter R.
- 56-63 An exploration of the political economy dynamics shaping health worker incentives in three districts in Sierra Leone
by Bertone, Maria Paola & Witter, Sophie
- 64-71 An exploration of the longer-term impacts of community participation in rural health services design
by Farmer, Jane & Currie, Margaret & Kenny, Amanda & Munoz, Sarah-Anne
- 72-81 Disability prevalence and disability-related employment gaps in the UK 1998–2012: Different trends in different surveys?
by Baumberg, Ben & Jones, Melanie & Wass, Victoria
- 82-90 Are older adults living in more equal counties healthier than older adults living in more unequal counties? A propensity score matching approach
by Choi, HwaJung & Burgard, Sarah & Elo, Irma T. & Heisler, Michele
- 91-99 Associations of life course socioeconomic position and job stress with carotid intima-media thickness. The Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)
by Camelo, Lidyane V. & Giatti, Luana & Chor, Dóra & Griep, Rosane Härter & Benseñor, Isabela M. & Santos, Itamar S. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Barreto, Sandhi Maria
- 100-108 Research on health inequalities: A bibliometric analysis (1966–2014)
by Bouchard, Louise & Albertini, Marcelo & Batista, Ricardo & de Montigny, Joanne
- 109-114 Remarriage after divorce and depression risk
by Hiyoshi, A. & Fall, K. & Netuveli, G. & Montgomery, S.
- 115-122 Sales promotion strategies and youth drinking in Australia
by Pettigrew, Simone & Biagioni, Nicole & Jones, Sandra C. & Daube, Mike & Kirby, Gary & Stafford, Julia & Chikritzhs, Tanya
- 123-132 Waiting for a baby: Navigating uncertainty in recollections of trying to conceive
by Sweeny, Kate & Andrews, Sara E. & Nelson, S. Katherine & Robbins, Megan L.
- 133-141 Protective factors for mental health and well-being in a changing climate: Perspectives from Inuit youth in Nunatsiavut, Labrador
by Petrasek MacDonald, Joanna & Cunsolo Willox, Ashlee & Ford, James D. & Shiwak, Inez & Wood, Michele
- 142-150 Area-level socioeconomic context, total mortality and cause-specific mortality in Spain: Heterogeneous findings depending on the level of geographic aggregation
by Regidor, Enrique & Vallejo, Fernando & Reques, Laura & Cea, Lucía & Miqueleiz, Estrella & Barrio, Gregorio
2015, Volume 139, Issue C
- 1-8 Room for Death – International museum-visitors’ preferences regarding the end of their life
by Lindqvist, Olav & Tishelman, Carol
- 9-17 Unplanned reaction or something else? The role of subjective cultures in hazardous and harmful drinking
by Venuleo, Claudia & Calogiuri, Sara & Rollo, Simone
- 18-25 ‘Healthy anorexia’: The complexity of care in disordered eating
by Musolino, Connie & Warin, Megan & Wade, Tracey & Gilchrist, Peter
- 26-35 Syndemics of psychosocial problems and HIV risk: A systematic review of empirical tests of the disease interaction concept
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Burns, Bridget F.O.
- 36-43 Motivations of women with sickle cell disease for asking their partners to undergo genetic testing
by Ross, Paula Thompson
- 44-52 Planning parenthood: Health care providers' perspectives on pregnancy intention, readiness, and family planning
by Stevens, Lindsay M.
- 53-60 Energy expenditure on recreational visits to different natural environments
by Elliott, Lewis R. & White, Mathew P. & Taylor, Adrian H. & Herbert, Stephen
- 61-69 Gender, stress in childhood and adulthood, and trajectories of change in body mass
by Liu, Hui & Umberson, Debra
- 71-79 Assessing sufficient capability: A new approach to economic evaluation
by Mitchell, Paul Mark & Roberts, Tracy E. & Barton, Pelham M. & Coast, Joanna
- 80-89 Sanitation-related psychosocial stress: A grounded theory study of women across the life-course in Odisha, India
by Sahoo, Krushna Chandra & Hulland, Kristyna R.S. & Caruso, Bethany A. & Swain, Rojalin & Freeman, Matthew C. & Panigrahi, Pinaki & Dreibelbis, Robert
- 90-99 The influence of HOPE VI neighborhood revitalization on neighborhood-based physical activity: A mixed-methods approach
by Dulin-Keita, Akilah & Clay, Olivio & Whittaker, Shannon & Hannon, Lonnie & Adams, Ingrid K. & Rogers, Michelle & Gans, Kim
- 100-106 Sickness presenteeism determines job satisfaction via affective-motivational states
by Karanika-Murray, Maria & Pontes, Halley M. & Griffiths, Mark D. & Biron, Caroline
- 107-114 “If you do nothing about stress, the next thing you know, you're shattered”: Perspectives on African American men's stress, coping and health from African American men and key women in their lives
by Ellis, Katrina R. & Griffith, Derek M. & Allen, Julie Ober & Thorpe, Roland J. & Bruce, Marino A.
- 115-122 Comparing the health and social protection effects of measles vaccination strategies in Ethiopia: An extended cost-effectiveness analysis
by Driessen, Julia & Olson, Zachary D. & Jamison, Dean T. & Verguet, Stéphane
- 123-131 Recalibrating the spirit level: An analysis of the interaction of income inequality and poverty and its effect on health
by Rambotti, Simone
2015, Volume 138, Issue C
- 1-11 Improving health worker performance: The patient-perspective from a PBF program in Rwanda
by Lannes, Laurence
- 14-21 Conceptualizing the use of public involvement in health policy decision-making
by Li, Kathy K. & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Contandriopoulos, Damien
- 22-30 Association of proximity and density of parks and objectively measured physical activity in the United States: A systematic review
by Bancroft, Carolyn & Joshi, Spruha & Rundle, Andrew & Hutson, Malo & Chong, Catherine & Weiss, Christopher C. & Genkinger, Jeanine & Neckerman, Kathryn & Lovasi, Gina
- 31-37 Are public subsidies effective to reduce emergency care? Evidence from the PLASA study
by Rapp, Thomas & Chauvin, Pauline & Sirven, Nicolas
- 38-43 The contribution of pre- and postdisaster social support to short- and long-term mental health after Hurricanes Katrina: A longitudinal study of low-income survivors
by Chan, Christian S. & Lowe, Sarah R. & Weber, Elyssa & Rhodes, Jean E.
- 44-56 Justifying medication decisions in mental health care: Psychiatrists' accounts for treatment recommendations
by Angell, Beth & Bolden, Galina B.
- 57-67 Family legal status and health: Measurement dilemmas in studies of Mexican-origin children
by Oropesa, R.S. & Landale, Nancy S. & Hillemeier, Marianne M.
- 68-73 Does rising crime lead to increasing distress? Longitudinal analysis of a natural experiment with dynamic objective neighbourhood measures
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Feng, Xiaoqi & Kolt, Gregory S. & Jalaludin, Bin
- 74-81 Depressive symptoms and self-reported adherence to medical recommendations to prevent cardiovascular disease: NHANES 2005–2010
by Berntson, Jessica & Stewart, Kendra Ray & Vrany, Elizabeth & Khambaty, Tasneem & Stewart, Jesse C.
- 82-90 Smokeless tobacco use in India: Role of prices and advertising
by Kostova, Deliana & Dave, Dhaval
- 91-100 Beyond cultural factors to understand immigrant mental health: Neighborhood ethnic density and the moderating role of pre-migration and post-migration factors
by Arévalo, Sandra P. & Tucker, Katherine L. & Falcón, Luis M.
- 102-109 Reproductive habitus, psychosocial health, and birth weight variation in Mexican immigrant and Mexican American women in south Texas
by Fleuriet, K. Jill & Sunil, T.S.
- 110-118 Losing jobs and lighting up: Employment experiences and smoking in the Great Recession
by Golden, Shelley D. & Perreira, Krista M.
- 119-127 Higher body mass index, less exercise, but healthier eating in married adults: Nine representative surveys across Europe
by Mata, Jutta & Frank, Ronald & Hertwig, Ralph
- 128-135 Multidimensional religious involvement and tobacco smoking patterns over 9–10 years: A prospective study of middle-aged adults in the United States
by Bailey, Zinzi D. & Slopen, Natalie & Albert, Michelle & Williams, David R.
- 136-143 Framing choice: The origins and impact of consumer rhetoric in US health care debates
by Lee, Nancy S.
- 144-151 Dissonant roles: The experience of Māori in cancer care
by Dew, Kevin & Signal, Louise & Davies, Cheryl & Tavite, Huia & Hooper, Carolyn & Sarfati, Diana & Stairmand, Jeannine & Cunningham, Chris
- 152-160 Health systems' responsiveness and reporting behaviour: Multilevel analysis of the influence of individual-level factors in 64 countries
by Valentine, Nicole & Verdes-Tennant, Emese & Bonsel, Gouke
- 161-169 Overweight and obesity prevalence among Indian women by place of residence and socio-economic status: Contrasting patterns from ‘underweight states’ and ‘overweight states’ of India
by Sengupta, Angan & Angeli, Federica & Syamala, Thelakkat S. & Dagnelie, Pieter C. & Schayck, C.P. van
- 170-178 A situational construal approach to healthcare experiences
by Morse, Patrick & Sweeny, Kate & Legg, Angela M.
- 179-186 One little, too little: Counting Canada's indigenous people for improved health reporting
by Elias, Brenda & Busby, Karen & Martens, Pat
- 187-191 An empirical assessment of the “healthy prisoner hypothesis”
by Baćak, Valerio & Wildeman, Christopher
- 192-200 Translational networks in healthcare? Evidence on the design and initiation of organizational networks for knowledge mobilization
by Fitzgerald, Louise & Harvey, Gill
- 201-209 Can you party your way to better health? A propensity score analysis of block parties and health
by Dean, Lorraine T. & Hillier, Amy & Chau-Glendinning, Hang & Subramanian, S.V. & Williams, David R. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 210-216 The impact of poor psychosocial work environment on non-work-related sickness absence
by Catalina-Romero, C. & Sainz, J.C. & Pastrana-Jiménez, J.I. & García-Diéguez, N. & Irízar-Muñoz, I. & Aleixandre-Chiva, J.L. & Gonzalez-Quintela, A. & Calvo-Bonacho, E.
- 217-224 Divergence and convergence of commercial and scientific priorities in drug development: The case of Zelmid, the first SSRI antidepressant
by Mulinari, Shai
- 225-233 The effects of utility evaluations, biomedical knowledge and modernization on intention to exclusively use biomedical health facilities among rural households in Mozambique
by Mukolo, Abraham & Cooil, Bruce & Victor, Bart
- 234-240 Migrants' and professionals' views on culturally sensitive pre-hospital emergency care
by Kietzmann, Diana & Hannig, Christian & Schmidt, Silke
- 241-247 Impact of the policy of expanding benefit coverage for cancer patients on catastrophic health expenditure across different income groups in South Korea
by Kim, Sujin & Kwon, Soonman
- 248-256 Drug use and social control: The negotiation of moral ambivalence
by Shiner, Michael & Winstock, Adam
- 257-264 Ready to give up on life: The lived experience of elderly people who feel life is completed and no longer worth living
by van Wijngaarden, Els & Leget, Carlo & Goossensen, Anne
2015, Volume 136-137
- 1-9 Birth-cohort trends in older-age functional disability and their relationship with socio-economic status: Evidence from a pooling of repeated cross-sectional population-based studies for the UK
by Morciano, Marcello & Hancock, Ruth M. & Pudney, Stephen E.
- 10-16 Neighborhood effects in depressive symptoms, social support, and mistrust: Longitudinal analysis with repeated measurements
by Airaksinen, Jaakko & Hakulinen, Christian & Elovainio, Marko & Lehtimäki, Terho & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa & Jokela, Markus
- 17-26 Climate change influences on environment as a determinant of Indigenous health: Relationships to place, sea ice, and health in an Inuit community
by Durkalec, Agata & Furgal, Chris & Skinner, Mark W. & Sheldon, Tom
- 27-34 Internal migration, area effects and health: Does where you move to impact upon your health?
by Green, Mark A. & Subramanian, S.V. & Vickers, Daniel & Dorling, Danny
- 35-43 A systematic approach to implementing and evaluating clinical guidelines: The results of fifteen years of Preventive Child Health Care guidelines in the Netherlands
by Fleuren, Margot A.H. & van Dommelen, Paula & Dunnink, Trudy
- 44-51 The effect of a severe health shock on work behavior: Evidence from different health care regimes
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Kleinjans, Kristin J. & Larsen, Mona
- 52-63 Globalization, democracy, and child health in developing countries
by Welander, Anna & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Nilsson, Therese
- 64-72 Human activities and microbial geographies. An anthropological approach to the risk of infections in West African hospitals
by d'Alessandro, Eugénie
- 73-80 Epidemics in Ming and Qing China: Impacts of changes of climate and economic well-being
by Pei, Qing & Zhang, David D. & Li, Guodong & Winterhalder, Bruce & Lee, Harry F.
- 81-88 Occupational closure in nursing work reconsidered: UK health care support workers and assistant practitioners: A focus group study
by Traynor, Michael & Nissen, Nina & Lincoln, Carol & Buus, Niels
- 89-98 From substance use to homelessness or vice versa?
by McVicar, Duncan & Moschion, Julie & van Ours, Jan C.
- 99-105 Choice and compassion at the end of life: A critical analysis of recent English policy discourse
by Borgstrom, Erica & Walter, Tony
- 106-116 How do living arrangements and intergenerational support matter for psychological health of elderly parents? Evidence from Myanmar, Vietnam, and Thailand
by Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Pothisiri, Wiraporn & Long, Giang Thanh
- 117-127 Does who you know in the positional hierarchy protect or hurt? Social capital, comparative reference group, and depression in two societies
by Song, Lijun
- 128-134 Sovereigns under Siege. How the medical profession is changing in Italy
by Toth, Federico
- 135-146 Self-reported health and socio-economic inequalities in England, 1996–2009: Repeated national cross-sectional study
by Maheswaran, Hendramoorthy & Kupek, Emil & Petrou, Stavros
- 147-155 The SPIRIT Action Framework: A structured approach to selecting and testing strategies to increase the use of research in policy
by Redman, Sally & Turner, Tari & Davies, Huw & Williamson, Anna & Haynes, Abby & Brennan, Sue & Milat, Andrew & O'Connor, Denise & Blyth, Fiona & Jorm, Louisa & Green, Sally
- 156-164 “It's safer to …” parent consulting and clinician antibiotic prescribing decisions for children with respiratory tract infections: An analysis across four qualitative studies
by Cabral, Christie & Lucas, Patricia J. & Ingram, Jenny & Hay, Alastair D. & Horwood, Jeremy
- 165-174 Causal effects of socioeconomic status on central adiposity risks: Evidence using panel data from urban Mexico
by Levasseur, Pierre
- 175-179 Taxes on tobacco, alcohol and sugar sweetened beverages: Linkages and lessons learned
by Blecher, Evan
- 180-188 Playing doctor: Simulation in medical school as affective practice
by Underman, Kelly
- 193-199 Black lives matter: Differential mortality and the racial composition of the U.S. electorate, 1970–2004
by Rodriguez, Javier M. & Geronimus, Arline T. & Bound, John & Dorling, Danny
2015, Volume 135, Issue C
- 1-14 Exploring the use of social network analysis to measure communication between disease programme and district managers at sub-national level in South Africa
by Kawonga, Mary & Blaauw, Duane & Fonn, Sharon
- 15-22 Doubt, defiance, and identity: Understanding resistance to male circumcision for HIV prevention in Malawi
by Parkhurst, Justin O. & Chilongozi, David & Hutchinson, Eleanor
- 24-30 Neighbourhood vitality and physical activity among the elderly: The role of walkable environments on active ageing in Barcelona, Spain
by Marquet, Oriol & Miralles-Guasch, Carme
- 31-39 Inclusive public participation in health: Policy, practice and theoretical contributions to promote the involvement of marginalised groups in healthcare
by de Freitas, Cláudia & Martin, Graham
- 40-46 Increased incidence of coronary heart disease associated with “double burden” in a cohort of Italian women
by D'Ovidio, Fabrizio & d'Errico, Angelo & Scarinzi, Cecilia & Costa, Giuseppe
- 47-55 Gender, coping strategies, homelessness stressors, and income generation among homeless young adults in three cities
by Ferguson, Kristin M. & Bender, Kimberly & Thompson, Sanna J.
- 56-66 “Right tool,” wrong “job”: Manual vacuum aspiration, post-abortion care and transnational population politics in Senegal
by Suh, Siri
- 67-74 Educational trajectories after childhood cancer: When illness experience matters
by Dumas, A. & Cailbault, I. & Perrey, C. & Oberlin, O. & De Vathaire, F. & Amiel, P.
- 75-83 Access to critical medicines: When are compulsory licenses effective in price negotiations?
by Ramani, Shyama V. & Urias, Eduardo
- 84-91 Power relations and contrasting conceptions of evidence in patient-involvement processes used to inform health funding decisions in Australia
by Lopes, Edilene & Carter, Drew & Street, Jackie
- 92-98 Coping with breast cancer and relapse: Stability of coping and long-term outcomes in an observational study over 10 years
by Geyer, Siegfried & Koch-Giesselmann, Heike & Noeres, Dorothee
- 99-108 Longitudinal association of neighborhood variables with Body Mass Index in Dutch school-age children: The KOALA Birth Cohort Study
by Schmidt, Swantje C. & Sleddens, Ester F.C. & de Vries, Sanne I. & Gubbels, Jessica & Thijs, Carel
- 109-116 Rationalising prescribing: Evidence, marketing and practice-relevant knowledge
by Wadmann, Sarah & Bang, Lia E.
- 117-123 Who benefits from removing user fees for facility-based delivery services? Evidence on socioeconomic differences from Ghana, Senegal and Sierra Leone
by McKinnon, Britt & Harper, Sam & Kaufman, Jay S.
- 124-132 Water systems, sanitation, and public health risks in remote communities: Inuit resident perspectives from the Canadian Arctic
by Daley, Kiley & Castleden, Heather & Jamieson, Rob & Furgal, Chris & Ell, Lorna
- 133-142 Moderators, mediators, and bidirectional relationships in the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) framework: An empirical investigation using a longitudinal design and Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
by Rouquette, Alexandra & Badley, Elizabeth M. & Falissard, Bruno & Dub, Timothée & Leplege, Alain & Coste, Joël
- 143-150 Tracing shadows: How gendered power relations shape the impacts of maternal death on living children in sub Saharan Africa
by Yamin, Alicia Ely & Bazile, Junior & Knight, Lucia & Molla, Mitike & Maistrellis, Emily & Leaning, Jennifer
2015, Volume 134, Issue C
- 1-11 Separating boys and girls and increasing weight? Assessing the impacts of single-sex schools through random assignment in Seoul
by Choi, Jaesung & Park, Hyunjoon & Behrman, Jere R.
- 12-22 Doubling up: A gift or a shame? Intergenerational households and parental depression of older Europeans
by Aranda, Luis
- 23-29 Longitudinal interplay between posttraumatic stress symptoms and coping self-efficacy: A four-wave prospective study
by Bosmans, Mark W.G. & van der Velden, Peter G.
- 30-42 In fatal pursuit of immortal fame: Peer competition and early mortality of music composers
by Borowiecki, Karol Jan & Kavetsos, Georgios
- 43-49 Stress resilience in adolescence and subsequent antidepressant and anxiolytic medication in middle aged men: Swedish cohort study
by Hiyoshi, Ayako & Udumyan, Ruzan & Osika, Walter & Bihagen, Erik & Fall, Katja & Montgomery, Scott
- 50-58 Is temporary employment a cause or consequence of poor mental health? A panel data analysis
by Dawson, Chris & Veliziotis, Michail & Pacheco, Gail & Webber, Don J.
- 59-65 The architecture of support: The activation of preexisting ties and formation of new ties for tailored support
by Gage-Bouchard, Elizabeth A. & LaValley, Susan & Panagakis, Christina & Shelton, Rachel C.
- 66-75 Concussion under-reporting and pressure from coaches, teammates, fans, and parents
by Kroshus, Emily & Garnett, Bernice & Hawrilenko, Matt & Baugh, Christine M. & Calzo, Jerel P.
- 76-86 Decomposing socio-economic inequality in colorectal cancer screening uptake in England
by Solmi, Francesca & Von Wagner, Christian & Kobayashi, Lindsay C. & Raine, Rosalind & Wardle, Jane & Morris, Stephen
- 87-94 Living in “survival mode:” Intergenerational transmission of trauma from the Holodomor genocide of 1932–1933 in Ukraine
by Bezo, Brent & Maggi, Stefania
- 95-106 Ethnic differences in children's socioemotional difficulties: Findings from the Millennium Cohort Study
by Zilanawala, Afshin & Sacker, Amanda & Nazroo, James & Kelly, Yvonne
2015, Volume 133, Issue C
- 2-10 Intimate partner violence, modern contraceptive use and conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
by Kidman, Rachel & Palermo, Tia & Bertrand, Jane
- 11-20 Effectiveness of public deliberation methods for gathering input on issues in healthcare: Results from a randomized trial
by Carman, Kristin L. & Mallery, Coretta & Maurer, Maureen & Wang, Grace & Garfinkel, Steve & Yang, Manshu & Gilmore, Dierdre & Windham, Amy & Ginsburg, Marjorie & Sofaer, Shoshanna & Gold, Marthe & Pathak-Sen, Ela & Davies, Todd & Siegel, Joanna & Mangrum, Rikki & Fernandez, Jessica & Richmond, Jennifer & Fishkin, James & Siu Chao, Alice
- 21-27 Patient access to health care and medicines across low-income countries
by Srivastava, Divya & McGuire, Alistair
- 28-35 The influence of institutional pressures on hospital electronic health record presence
by Fareed, Naleef & Bazzoli, Gloria J. & Farnsworth Mick, Stephen S. & Harless, David W.