Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
2018, Volume 212, Issue C
- 1-8 LGBT people and suicidality in youth: A qualitative study of perceptions of risk and protective circumstances
by Rivers, Ian & Gonzalez, Cesar & Nodin, Nuno & Peel, Elizabeth & Tyler, Allan
- 9-16 ‘A smile is most important.’ Why chains are not currently the answer to quality concerns in the Indian retail pharmacy sector
by Miller, Rosalind & Hutchinson, Eleanor & Goodman, Catherine
- 17-25 The effects of culturally targeted patient decision aids on medical consultation preparation for Hispanic women in the U.S.: Results from four randomized experiments
by Alden, Dana L. & Friend, John & Fraenkel, Liana & Jibaja-Weiss, Maria
- 26-32 The 1967 Abortion Act fifty years on: Abortion, medical authority and the law revisited
by Lee, Ellie & Sheldon, Sally & Macvarish, Jan
- 33-42 Friend or frenemy? Experiential homophily and educational track attrition among premedical students
by Grace, Matthew K.
- 43-49 Complex narratives of health, stigma and control: Antimicrobial resistance screening among non-hospitalized refugees
by Kamenshchikova, A. & Wolffs, P.F.G. & Hoebe, C.J. & Penders, J. & Horstman, K.
- 50-59 Legacy and social media respectively influence risk perceptions and protective behaviors during emerging health threats: A multi-wave analysis of communications on Zika virus cases
by Chan, Man-pui Sally & Winneg, Kenneth & Hawkins, Lauren & Farhadloo, Mohsen & Jamieson, Kathleen Hall & Albarracín, Dolores
- 60-67 Rabies response, One Health and more-than-human considerations in Indigenous communities in northern Australia
by Degeling, Chris & Brookes, Victoria & Lea, Tess & Ward, Michael
- 68-75 Discursively framing physicians as leaders: Institutional work to reconfigure medical professionalism
by Berghout, Mathilde A. & Oldenhof, Lieke & Fabbricotti, Isabelle N. & Hilders, Carina G.J.M.
- 76-85 Rural - urban differences in determinants of patient satisfaction with primary care
by Weinhold, Ines & Gurtner, Sebastian
- 86-93 “Like you failed at life”: Debt, health and neoliberal subjectivity
by Sweet, Elizabeth
- 94-119 How does psychiatric diagnosis affect young people's self-concept and social identity? A systematic review and synthesis of the qualitative literature
by O'Connor, Cliodhna & Kadianaki, Irini & Maunder, Kristen & McNicholas, Fiona
- 120-128 An interpretative phenomenological analysis of young people's self-harm in the context of interpersonal stressors and supports: Parents, peers, and clinical services
by Wadman, Ruth & Vostanis, Panos & Sayal, Kapil & Majumder, Pallab & Harroe, Caroline & Clarke, David & Armstrong, Marie & Townsend, Ellen
- 129-135 Experience of stigma and discrimination in families of persons with schizophrenia in the Czech Republic
by Krupchanka, D. & Chrtková, D. & Vítková, M. & Munzel, D. & Čihařová, M. & Růžičková, T. & Winkler, P. & Janoušková, M. & Albanese, E. & Sartorius, N.
- 136-144 The trade-off between equity and efficiency in population health gain: Making it real
by Sandiford, P. & Vivas Consuelo, D. & Rouse, P. & Bramley, D.
- 145-152 “We have to be mythbusters”: Clinician attitudes about the legitimacy of patient concerns and dissatisfaction with contraception
by Stevens, Lindsay M.
- 153-160 Towards an interdisciplinary approach to wellbeing: Life histories and Self-Determination Theory in rural Zambia
by White, Sarah C. & Jha, Shreya
- 161-167 Ageing and dying in the contemporary neoliberal prison system: Exploring the ‘double burden’ for older prisoners
by Turner, Mary & Peacock, Marian & Payne, Sheila & Fletcher, Andrew & Froggatt, Katherine
- 168-178 How and why studies disagree about the effects of education on health: A systematic review and meta-analysis of studies of compulsory schooling laws
by Hamad, Rita & Elser, Holly & Tran, Duy C. & Rehkopf, David H. & Goodman, Steven N.
- 181-190 Supporting active school travel: A qualitative analysis of implementing a regional safe routes to school program
by Buttazzoni, Adrian N. & Coen, Stephanie E. & Gilliland, Jason A.
- 191-202 Leveraging smallholder livestock production to reduce anemia: A qualitative study of three agroecological zones in Ghana
by Nyantakyi-Frimpong, Hanson & Colecraft, Esi K. & Awuah, Raphael Baffour & Adjorlolo, Leonard Kofi & Wilson, Mark L. & Jones, Andrew D.
- 203-218 Social capital interventions in public health: A systematic review
by Villalonga-Olives, E. & Wind, T.R. & Kawachi, I.
- 219-226 Childhood socioeconomic status and genetic risk for poorer cognition in later life
by Moorman, Sara M. & Carr, Kyle & Greenfield, Emily A.
2018, Volume 211, Issue C
- 1-8 Explaining the increasing disability prevalence among mid-life US adults, 2002 to 2016
by Zajacova, Anna & Montez, Jennifer Karas
- 9-15 Effect of a conditional cash transfer program on length-for-age and weight-for-age in Brazilian infants at 24 months using doubly-robust, targeted estimation
by Labrecque, Jeremy A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Balzer, Laura B. & Maclehose, Richard F. & Strumpf, Erin C. & Matijasevich, Alicia & Santos, Iná S. & Schmidt, Kelen H. & Barros, Aluísio J.D.
- 16-20 The age-related patterns of preterm birth among urban African-American and non-Latina White mothers: The effect of paternal involvement
by Hibbs, Shayna D. & Rankin, Kristin M. & DeSisto, Carla & Collins, James W.
- 21-30 Cross-border ties, nativity, and inflammatory markers in a population-based prospective study of Latino adults
by Torres, Jacqueline M. & Epel, Elissa S. & To, Tu My & Lee, Anne & Aiello, Allison E. & Haan, Mary N.
- 31-38 Effectiveness of public health spending on infant mortality in Florida, 2001–2014
by Bernet, Patrick M. & Gumus, Gulcin & Vishwasrao, Sharmila
- 39-47 Identifying mental health problems and Idioms of distress among older adult internally displaced persons in Georgia
by Singh, Namrita S. & Bass, Judith & Sumbadze, Nana & Rebok, George & Perrin, Paul & Paichadze, Nino & Robinson, W. Courtland
- 48-60 Disability as deprivation of capabilities: Estimation using a large-scale survey in Morocco and Tunisia and an instrumental variable approach
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Bakhshi, Parul & Brown, Derek & Lopez, Dominique & Gall, Fiona
- 61-69 Negotiating acquired spinal conditions: Recovery with/in bodily materiality and fluids
by Jeffries, Jayne M.
- 70-77 Denormalization, smoke-free air policy, and tobacco use among young adults
by Kelly, Brian C. & Vuolo, Mike & Frizzell, Laura C. & Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 78-86 Re-entry experiences of Black men living with HIV/AIDS after release from prison: Intersectionality and implications for care
by Sun, Shufang & Crooks, Natasha & Kemnitz, Rebecca & Westergaard, Ryan P.
- 87-94 The impact of ethnic density on dispensing of antipsychotic and antidepressant medication among immigrants in the Netherlands
by Termorshuizen, Fabian & Heerdink, Eibert R. & Selten, Jean-Paul
- 95-101 Understanding the health and wellbeing challenges of the food banking system: A qualitative study of food bank users, providers and referrers in London
by Thompson, C. & Smith, D. & Cummins, S.
- 102-113 Social capital, outpatient care utilization and choice between different levels of health facilities in rural and urban areas of Bhutan
by Herberholz, Chantal & Phuntsho, Sonam
- 114-122 Intended and unintended impacts of price changes for drugs and medical services: Evidence from China
by Fu, Hongqiao & Li, Ling & Yip, Winnie
- 123-130 Data value and care value in the practice of health systems: A case study in Uganda
by Hutchinson, Eleanor & Nayiga, Susan & Nabirye, Christine & Taaka, Lilian & Staedke, Sarah G.
- 131-136 Life satisfaction, QALYs, and the monetary value of health
by Huang, Li & Frijters, Paul & Dalziel, Kim & Clarke, Philip
- 137-146 Sex differential mediation effects of planning within the health behavior change process
by Lange, Daniela & Barz, Milena & Baldensperger, Linda & Lippke, Sonia & Knoll, Nina & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 147-156 The prevalence of persistence and related health status: An analysis of persistently high healthcare costs in the short term and medium term
by Longden, Thomas & Wong, Chun Yee & Haywood, Philip & Hall, Jane & van Gool, Kees
- 157-163 Weibo friends with benefits for people live with HIV/AIDS? The implications of Weibo use for enacted social support, perceived social support and health outcomes
by Han, Xi & Li, Bei & Qu, Jiabin & Zhu, Qinghua
- 164-174 Comparing mortality risk reduction, life expectancy gains, and probability of achieving full life span, as alternatives for presenting CVD mortality risk reduction: A discrete choice study of framing risk and health behaviour change
by Grisolía, José M. & Longo, Alberto & Hutchinson, George & Kee, Frank
- 175-182 “There was no love there”: Intergenerational HIV disclosure, and late presentation for antiretroviral therapy in Northern Malawi
by Sikstrom, Laura
- 183-189 Loneliness as a mediator of the relationship between shame and health problems in young people exposed to childhood violence
by Thoresen, Siri & Aakvaag, Helene Flood & Strøm, Ida Frugård & Wentzel-Larsen, Tore & Birkeland, Marianne Skogbrott
- 190-197 Keeping secrets in the cloud: Mobile phones, data security and privacy within the context of pregnancy and childbirth in Tanzania
by Hackett, Kristy M. & Kazemi, Mina & Sellen, Daniel W.
- 198-206 Ethnic and geographic variations in multimorbidty: Evidence from three large cohorts
by Gebregziabher, Mulugeta & Ward, Ralph C. & Taber, David J. & Walker, Rebekah J. & Ozieh, Mukoso & Dismuke, Clara E. & Axon, Robert N. & Egede, Leonard E.
- 207-215 Navigating the evidentiary turn in public health: Sensemaking strategies to integrate genomics into state-level chronic disease prevention programs
by Senier, Laura & Smollin, Leandra & Lee, Rachael & Nicoll, Lauren & Shields, Michael & Tan, Catherine
- 216-223 A cluster randomized trial of community mobilization to reduce methamphetamine use and HIV risk among youth in Thailand: Design, implementation and results
by Galai, Noya & Sirirojn, Bangorn & Aramrattana, Apinun & Srichan, Kamolrawee & Thomson, Nicholas & Golozar, Asieh & Flores, Jose M. & Willard, Nancy & Ellen, Jonathan M. & Sherman, Susan G. & Celentano, David D.
- 224-233 Can external interventions crowd in intrinsic motivation? A cluster randomised field experiment on mandatory accreditation of general practice in Denmark
by Pedersen, Line Bjørnskov & Andersen, Merethe Kirstine Kousgaard & Jensen, Ulrich Thy & Waldorff, Frans Boch & Jacobsen, Christian Bøtcher
- 234-242 Social representations of mother-to-child transmission of HIV and its prevention in narratives by young Africans from five countries, 1997–2014: Implications for communication
by Winskell, Kate & Kus, Landy & Sabben, Gaëlle & Mbakwem, Benjamin C. & Tiéndrébéogo, Georges & Singleton, Robyn
- 243-250 The influence of affective behavior on impression formation in interactions between black cancer patients and their oncologists
by Senft, Nicole & Hamel, Lauren M. & Penner, Louis A. & Harper, Felicity W.K. & Albrecht, Terrance L. & Foster, Tanina & Eggly, Susan
- 251-260 Longitudinal associations between work-family conflict and enrichment, inter-parental conflict, and child internalizing and externalizing problems
by Vahedi, Andisheh & Krug, Isabel & Fuller-Tyszkiewicz, Matthew & Westrupp, Elizabeth M.
- 261-273 The effect of mobility on HIV-related healthcare access and use for female sex workers: A systematic review
by Davey, Calum & Cowan, Frances & Hargreaves, James
- 274-281 Knowing less but presuming more: Dunning-Kruger effects and the endorsement of anti-vaccine policy attitudes
by Motta, Matthew & Callaghan, Timothy & Sylvester, Steven
- 282-293 Objectively-assessed neighbourhood destination accessibility and physical activity in adults from 10 countries: An analysis of moderators and perceptions as mediators
by Cerin, Ester & Conway, Terry L. & Adams, Marc A. & Barnett, Anthony & Cain, Kelli L. & Owen, Neville & Christiansen, Lars B. & van Dyck, Delfien & Mitáš, Josef & Sarmiento, Olga L. & Davey, Rachel C. & Reis, Rodrigo & Salvo, Deborah & Schofield, Grant & Sallis, James F.
- 294-303 Testing competing explanations for graphic warning label effects among adult smokers and non-smoking youth
by Skurka, Chris & Byrne, Sahara & Davydova, Julie & Kemp, Deena & Safi, Amelia Greiner & Avery, Rosemary J. & Dorf, Michael C. & Mathios, Alan D. & Niederdeppe, Jeff
- 304-313 How do older people achieve well-being? Validation of the Social Production Function Instrument for the level of well-being–short (SPF-ILs)
by Nieboer, Anna P. & Cramm, Jane M.
- 314-320 Moral injury in relation to public debates: The role of societal misrecognition in moral conflict-colored trauma among soldiers
by Molendijk, Tine
- 321-329 Beyond medical humanitarianism - Politics and humanitarianism in the figure of the Mīdānī physician
by Roborgh, Sophie E.
- 330-337 When robots care: Public deliberations on how technology and humans may support independent living for older adults
by Lehoux, P. & Grimard, D.
- 338-351 Financial protection of households against health shocks in Greece during the economic crisis
by Chantzaras, Athanasios E. & Yfantopoulos, John N.
- 352-358 Embodied disruption: “Sorting out” gender and nonconformity in the doctor's office
by Paine, Emily Allen
- 359-366 Quantifying life: Understanding the history of Quality-Adjusted Life-Years (QALYs)
by MacKillop, Eleanor & Sheard, Sally
- 370-377 Does more education cause lower BMI, or do lower-BMI individuals become more educated? Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1979
by Benson, Rebecca & von Hippel, Paul T. & Lynch, Jamie L.
2018, Volume 210, Issue C
2018, Volume 209, Issue C
- 1-13 How do gender relations affect the working lives of close to community health service providers? Empirical research, a review and conceptual framework
by Steege, Rosalind & Taegtmeyer, Miriam & McCollum, Rosalind & Hawkins, Kate & Ormel, Hermen & Kok, Maryse & Rashid, Sabina & Otiso, Lilian & Sidat, Mohsin & Chikaphupha, Kingsley & Datiko, Daniel Gemechu & Ahmed, Rukhsana & Tolhurst, Rachel & Gomez, Woedem & Theobald, Sally
- 14-24 Spatial accessibility of primary health care in China: A case study in Sichuan Province
by Wang, Xiuli & Yang, Huazhen & Duan, Zhanqi & Pan, Jay
- 25-32 The impact of intimate partner violence on women's contraceptive use: Evidence from the Rakai Community Cohort Study in Rakai, Uganda
by Maxwell, Lauren & Brahmbhatt, Heena & Ndyanabo, Anthony & Wagman, Jennifer & Nakigozi, Gertrude & Kaufman, Jay S. & Nalugoda, Fred & Serwadda, David & Nandi, Arijit
- 33-42 Examining community and consumer food environments for children: An urban-suburban-rural comparison in Southwestern Ontario
by DuBreck, Catherine M. & Sadler, Richard C. & Arku, Godwin & Gilliland, Jason A.
- 43-50 Refugees’ admission to mental health institutions in Norway: Is there an ethnic density effect?
by Finnvold, Jon Erik & Ugreninov, Elisabeth
- 51-58 Childhood socioeconomic status and longitudinal patterns of alcohol problems: Variation across etiological pathways in genetic risk
by Barr, Peter B. & Silberg, Judy & Dick, Danielle M. & Maes, Hermine H.
- 59-66 Psychological well-being and restorative biological processes: HDL-C in older English adults
by Soo, Jackie & Kubzansky, Laura D. & Chen, Ying & Zevon, Emily S. & Boehm, Julia K.
- 67-75 Ethnic enclaves and birth outcomes of immigrants from India in a diverse U.S. state
by Kane, Jennifer B. & Teitler, Julien O. & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 76-85 Adult children's educational attainment and the cognitive trajectories of older parents in South Korea
by Lee, Yeonjin
- 86-94 “I feel like I am less than other people”: Health-related vulnerabilities of male migrants travelling alone on their journey to Europe
by Arsenijević, Jovana & Burtscher, Doris & Ponthieu, Aurelie & Severy, Nathalie & Contenta, Andrea & Moissaing, Stephane & Argenziano, Stefano & Zamatto, Federica & Zachariah, Rony & Ali, Engy & Venables, Emilie
- 95-103 Changing sex risk behaviors, gender norms, and relationship dynamics among couples in Cape Town, South Africa: Efficacy of an intervention on the dyad
by Speizer, Ilene S. & Zule, William A. & Carney, Tara & Browne, Felicia A. & Ndirangu, Jacqueline & Wechsberg, Wendee M.
- 104-110 Organs and organisations: Situating ethics in organ donation after circulatory death in the UK
by Cooper, Jessie
- 111-116 A tax on sugar sweetened beverages in Colombia: Estimating the impact on overweight and obesity prevalence across socio economic levels
by Vecino-Ortiz, Andres I. & Arroyo-Ariza, Daniel
- 117-124 Migration among temporary foreign workers: Examining health and access to health care among Filipina live-in caregivers
by Carlos, Jessica Krystle & Wilson, Kathi
- 125-135 The mobility of food retailers: How proximity to SNAP authorized food retailers changed in Atlanta during the Great Recession
by Shannon, Jerry & Bagwell-Adams, Grace & Shannon, Sarah & Lee, Jung Sun & Wei, Yangjiaxin
- 136-144 The moral significance of capturing micro-inequities in hospital settings
by Subramani, Supriya
- 145-151 Tuberculosis patients and resilience: A visual ethnographic health study in Khayelitsha, Cape Town
by Cremers, Anne Lia & Gerrets, René & Colvin, Christopher James & Maqogi, Monwabisi & Grobusch, Martin Peter
- 152-159 Relationship transitions and change in health behavior: A four-phase, twelve-year longitudinal study
by Josefsson, Kim & Elovainio, Marko & Stenholm, Sari & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kauppi, Maarit & Aalto, Ville & Kivimäki, Mika & Vahtera, Jussi
- 160-168 Impact of missing data strategies in studies of parental employment and health: Missing items, missing waves, and missing mothers
by Nguyen, Cattram D. & Strazdins, Lyndall & Nicholson, Jan M. & Cooklin, Amanda R.
- 174-181 Loneliness in middle age and biomarkers of systemic inflammation: Findings from Midlife in the United States
by Nersesian, Paula V. & Han, Hae-Ra & Yenokyan, Gayane & Blumenthal, Roger S. & Nolan, Marie T. & Hladek, Melissa D. & Szanton, Sarah L.
2018, Volume 208, Issue C
- 1-8 How does performance-based financing affect health workers' intrinsic motivation? A Self-Determination Theory-based mixed-methods study in Malawi
by Lohmann, Julia & Muula, Adamson S. & Houlfort, Nathalie & De Allegri, Manuela
- 9-17 Perceptions of intersectional stigma among diverse women living with HIV in the United States
by Rice, Whitney S. & Logie, Carmen H. & Napoles, Tessa M. & Walcott, Melonie & Batchelder, Abigail W. & Kempf, Mirjam-Colette & Wingood, Gina M. & Konkle-Parker, Deborah J. & Turan, Bulent & Wilson, Tracey E. & Johnson, Mallory O. & Weiser, Sheri D. & Turan, Janet M.
- 18-24 The complexity of self-regulating food intake in weight loss maintenance. A qualitative study among short- and long-term weight loss maintainers
by Pedersen, Susanne & Sniehotta, Falko F. & Sainsbury, Kirby & Evans, Elizabeth H. & Marques, Marta M. & Stubbs, R. James & Heitmann, Berit L. & Lähteenmäki, Liisa
- 25-33 Social isolation and loneliness in later life: A parallel convergent mixed-methods case study of older adults and their residential contexts in the Minneapolis metropolitan area, USA
by Finlay, Jessica M. & Kobayashi, Lindsay C.
- 34-40 Epistemic tensions between people living with asthma and healthcare professionals in clinical encounters
by Haw, Jennie & Cunningham, Shannon & O'Doherty, Kieran C.
- 41-49 The effect of street-level greenery on walking behavior: Evidence from Hong Kong
by Lu, Yi & Sarkar, Chinmoy & Xiao, Yang
- 50-54 Born equal? The distribution of government Medicare spending for children
by Dalziel, Kim M. & Huang, Li & Hiscock, Harriet & Clarke, Philip M.
- 55-63 Laugh and grow fat: Happiness affects body mass index among Urban Chinese adults
by Li, Shuanglong & Chen, Yunsong & He, Guangye
- 64-71 HIV as social and ecological experience
by King, Brian & Winchester, Margaret S.
- 72-79 Understanding the conceptualisation of risk in the context of community dementia care
by Dickins, Marissa & Goeman, Dianne & O'Keefe, Fleur & Iliffe, Steve & Pond, Dimity
- 80-88 Grandmother and health care professional breastfeeding perspectives provide opportunities for health promotion in an American Indian community
by Houghtaling, Bailey & Byker Shanks, Carmen & Ahmed, Selena & Rink, Elizabeth
- 89-97 Time matters for intersex bodies: Between socio-medical time and somatic time
by Meoded Danon, Limor
- 107-116 Social support under siege: An analysis of forced migration among women from the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Wachter, Karin & Gulbas, Lauren E.
- 117-125 Freedom of choice, expressions of gratitude: Patient experiences of short-term surgical missions in Guatemala
by Roche, Stephanie & Brockington, Morgan & Fathima, Sana & Nandi, Meghna & Silverberg, Benjamin & Rice, Henry E. & Hall-Clifford, Rachel
- 126-133 “Like finding a unicorn”: Healthcare preferences among lesbian, gay, and bisexual people in the United States
by Martos, Alexander J. & Wilson, Patrick A. & Gordon, Allegra R. & Lightfoot, Marguerita & Meyer, Ilan H.
- 134-141 Long term economic impact associated with childhood bullying victimisation
by Brimblecombe, Nicola & Evans-Lacko, Sara & Knapp, Martin & King, Derek & Takizawa, Ryu & Maughan, Barbara & Arseneault, Louise
- 142-149 Internal migration and mental health of the second generation. The case of Turin in the age of the Italian economic miracle
by Cardano, Mario & Scarinzi, Cecilia & Costa, Giuseppe & d’Errico, Angelo
- 150-157 States higher in racial bias spend less on disabled medicaid enrollees
by Leitner, Jordan B. & Hehman, Eric & Snowden, Lonnie R.
- 158-164 Judgment hurts: The psychological consequences of experiencing stigma in multiple sclerosis
by Cadden, Margaret H. & Arnett, Peter A. & Tyry, Tuula M. & Cook, Jonathan E.
- 165-171 The role of language in suicide reporting: Investigating the influence of problematic suicide referents
by Arendt, Florian & Scherr, Sebastian & Niederkrotenthaler, Thomas & Till, Benedikt
- 172-179 “In this together”: Social identification predicts health outcomes (via self-efficacy) in a chronic disease self-management program
by Cameron, James E. & Voth, Jennifer & Jaglal, Susan B. & Guilcher, Sara J.T. & Hawker, Gillian & Salbach, Nancy M.
- 180-189 Improving mental health among ultra-poor children: Two-year outcomes of a cluster-randomized trial in Burkina Faso
by Ismayilova, Leyla & Karimli, Leyla & Sanson, Jo & Gaveras, Eleni & Nanema, Rachel & Tô-Camier, Alexice & Chaffin, Josh
- 190-199 Structural stigma and the health and wellbeing of Australian LGB populations: Exploiting geographic variation in the results of the 2017 same-sex marriage plebiscite
by Perales, Francisco & Todd, Abram
- 200-208 Multiple social groups support adjustment to retirement across cultures
by Lam, Ben C.P. & Haslam, Catherine & Haslam, S. Alexander & Steffens, Niklas K. & Cruwys, Tegan & Jetten, Jolanda & Yang, Jie
2018, Volume 207, Issue C
- 1-10 The impact of institution use on the wellbeing of Alzheimer's disease patients and their caregivers
by Rapp, Thomas & Apouey, Bénédicte H. & Senik, Claudia
- 11-18 Quality of life at the retirement transition: Life course pathways in an early ‘baby boom’ birth cohort
by Wildman, Josephine M. & Moffatt, Suzanne & Pearce, Mark
- 19-24 Maternal medical risks during pregnancy and childhood externalizing behavior
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 25-37 The role of government and community in the scaling up and sustainability of mutual health organisations: An exploratory study in Ghana
by Adomah-Afari, Augustine & Chandler, Jim A.
- 38-45 Linking green space to neighborhood social capital in older adults: The role of perceived safety
by Hong, Andy & Sallis, James F. & King, Abby C. & Conway, Terry L. & Saelens, Brian & Cain, Kelli L. & Fox, Eric H. & Frank, Lawrence D.
- 46-54 Can conditional health policies be justified? A policy analysis of the new NHS dental contract reforms
by Laverty, Louise & Harris, Rebecca
- 55-63 If you drink, don't smoke: Joint associations between risky health behaviors and labor market outcomes
by Böckerman, Petri & Hyytinen, Ari & Kaprio, Jaakko & Maczulskij, Terhi
- 64-70 Inpatient care expenditure of the elderly with chronic diseases who use public health insurance: Disparity in their last year of life
by Chandoevwit, Worawan & Phatchana, Phasith
- 71-79 Institutionalised otherness: Patients references to psychiatric diagnostic categories
by Weiste, Elina & Peräkylä, Anssi & Valkeapää, Taina & Savander, Enikö & Hintikka, Jukka
- 80-88 Quality of clinical care and bypassing of primary health centers in India
by Rao, Krishna D. & Sheffel, Ashley
- 89-96 Intergenerational pathways linking maternal early life adversity to offspring birthweight
by Kane, Jennifer B. & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Siega-Riz, Anna Maria
- 97-105 Different domains – Different time preferences?
by Fredslund, Eskild Klausen & Mørkbak, Morten Raun & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 106-116 Individual decisions to vaccinate one's child or oneself: A discrete choice experiment rejecting free-riding motives
by Verelst, Frederik & Willem, Lander & Kessels, Roselinde & Beutels, Philippe
2018, Volume 206, Issue C
- 1-13 Tobacco outlet density and tobacco knowledge, beliefs, purchasing behaviours and price among adolescents in Scotland
by Tunstall, Helena & Shortt, Niamh K. & Niedzwiedz, Claire L. & Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard J. & Pearce, Jamie R.
- 14-21 Poor mental health among low-income women in the U.S.: The roles of adverse childhood and adult experiences
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Janczewski, Colleen E. & Nitkowski, Jenna C.
- 22-30 How is subjective well-being related to quality of life? Do we need two concepts and both measures?
by Skevington, S.M. & Böhnke, J.R.
- 31-37 A comparison of clinicians' racial biases in the United States and France
by Khosla, Natalia N. & Perry, Sylvia P. & Moss-Racusin, Corinne A. & Burke, Sara E. & Dovidio, John F.
- 38-50 Using conversation analytic methods to assess fidelity to a talk-based healthcare intervention for frequently attending patients
by Barnes, Rebecca K. & Jepson, Marcus & Thomas, Clare & Jackson, Sue & Metcalfe, Chris & Kessler, David & Cramer, Helen
- 51-59 Social participation and health over the adult life course: Does the association strengthen with age?
by Ang, Shannon
- 60-66 China's capacity of hospitals to deal with infectious diseases in the context of climate change
by Tong, Michael Xiaoliang & Hansen, Alana & Hanson-Easey, Scott & Xiang, Jianjun & Cameron, Scott & Liu, Qiyong & Liu, Xiaobo & Sun, Yehuan & Weinstein, Philip & Han, Gil-Soo & Bi, Peng
- 67-74 The social network of international health aid
by Han, Lu & Koenig-Archibugi, Mathias & Opsahl, Tore
- 75-85 The geography of smallpox in England before vaccination: A conundrum resolved
by Davenport, Romola Jane & Satchell, Max & Shaw-Taylor, Leigh Matthew William
- 86-92 Generosity and compliance: Recruitment-work and the pathways to participation in bone marrow donation
by Dasgupta, Kushan
- 93-99 Physical activity among indigenous Australian children and youth in remote and non-remote areas
by Evans, John Robert & Wilson, Rachel & Coleman, Clare & Man, Wing Young Nicola & Olds, Tim
- 100-109 A realist evaluation of value-based care delivery in home care: The influence of actors, autonomy and accountability
by Dainty, Katie N. & Golden, Brian R. & Hannam, Rosemary & Webster, Fiona & Browne, Gina & Mittmann, Nicole & Stern, Anita & Zwarenstein, Merrick
- 110-116 Is there synergy in syndemics? Psychosocial conditions and sexual risk among men who have sex with men in India
by Tomori, Cecilia & McFall, Allison M. & Solomon, Sunil S. & Srikrishnan, Aylur K. & Anand, Santhanam & Balakrishnan, P. & Mehta, Shruti H. & Celentano, David D.
2018, Volume 205, Issue C
- 1-7 Time cost of child rearing and its effect on women's uptake of free health checkups in Japan
by Anezaki, Hisataka & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 8-16 Following the patient's orders? Recommending vs. offering choice in neurology outpatient consultations
by Chappell, Paul & Toerien, Merran & Jackson, Clare & Reuber, Markus
- 17-25 Doing patient-centredness versus achieving public health targets: A critical review of interactional dilemmas in ART adherence support
by de Kok, B.C. & Widdicombe, S. & Pilnick, A. & Laurier, E.
- 26-36 Does welfare stigma exist in China? Policy evaluation of the Minimum Living Security System on recipients’ psychological health and wellbeing
by Qi, Di & Wu, Yichao
- 37-47 Bereaved relatives' decision about deceased organ donation: An integrated psycho-social study conducted in Spain
by López, Jorge S. & Martínez, José M. & Soria-Oliver, María & Aramayona, Begoña & García-Sánchez, Rubén & Martín, María J. & Almendros, Carmen
- 48-54 “It can be challenging, it can be scary, it can be gratifying”: Obstetricians’ narratives of negotiating patient choice, clinical experience, and standards of care in decision-making
by Diamond-Brown, Lauren
- 55-63 Voluntary health insurance in Nigeria: Effects on takers and non-takers
by Bonfrer, Igna & Van de Poel, Ellen & Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 64-71 Medical revalidation as professional regulatory reform: Challenging the power of enforceable trust in the United Kingdom
by Spendlove, Zoey
- 72-81 “Ne nnipadua mmpe” (the body hates it): Exploring the lived experience of food allergy in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Atiim, George A. & Elliott, Susan J. & Clarke, Ann E.
- 82-89 The complex challenge of providing patient-centred perinatal healthcare in rural Uganda: A qualitative enquiry
by Sarkar, Nandini D.P. & Bunders-Aelen, Joske & Criel, Bart
- 90-98 Grandparents and Children's stunting in sub-Saharan Africa
by Schrijner, Sandor & Smits, Jeroen
- 99-106 The effect of copayments on the utilization of the GP service in Norway
by Landsem, Mari Magnussen & Magnussen, Jon
- 107-115 Does trade liberalization reduce child mortality in low- and middle-income countries? A synthetic control analysis of 36 policy experiments, 1963-2005
by Barlow, Pepita
- 116-129 Impact of change in neighborhood racial/ethnic segregation on cardiovascular health in minority youth attending a park-based afterschool program
by D'Agostino, Emily M. & Patel, Hersila H. & Ahmed, Zafar & Hansen, Eric & Sunil Mathew, M. & Nardi, Maria I. & Messiah, Sarah E.
2018, Volume 204, Issue C
- 1-8 Discrimination hurts: The effect of discrimination on the development of chronic pain
by Brown, Timothy T. & Partanen, Juulia & Chuong, Linh & Villaverde, Vaughn & Chantal Griffin, Ann & Mendelson, Aaron
- 9-15 Putting responsive behaviours in place: Examining how formal and informal carers understand the actions of people with dementia
by Herron, R.V. & Wrathall, M.A.
- 16-22 Men’s work, Women’s work, and mental health: A longitudinal investigation of the relationship between the gender composition of occupations and mental health
by Milner, Allison & King, Tania & LaMontagne, Anthony D. & Bentley, Rebecca & Kavanagh, Anne
- 23-30 Culture, economic development, social-network type, and mortality: Evidence from Chinese older adults
by Li, Ting & Yang, Yang Claire & Zhang, Yanlong
- 31-38 Modeling racial disparities in physical health via close relationship functioning: A life course approach
by Doyle, David Matthew & Factor-Litvak, Pam & Link, Bruce G.
- 39-50 Valuing health at the end of life: A review of stated preference studies in the social sciences literature
by Shah, Koonal K. & Tsuchiya, Aki & Wailoo, Allan J.
- 51-58 Does health insurance coverage or improved quality protect better against out-of-pocket payments? Experimental evidence from the Philippines
by Wagner, Natascha & Quimbo, Stella & Shimkhada, Riti & Peabody, John
- 59-66 Understanding and alleviating maternal postpartum distress: Perspectives from first-time mothers in Australia
by Law, Kwok Hong & Jackson, Ben & Guelfi, Kym & Nguyen, Thinh & Dimmock, James Alexander
- 67-83 Cancer mortality rates and spillover effects among different areas: A case study in Campania (southern Italy)
by Agovino, Massimiliano & Aprile, Maria Carmela & Garofalo, Antonio & Mariani, Angela
- 84-91 Male-female differences in households' resource allocation and decision to seek healthcare in south-eastern Nigeria: Results from a mixed methods study
by Onah, Michael Nnachebe & Horton, Susan
- 92-99 Developing religiously-tailored health messages for behavioral change: Introducing the reframe, reprioritize, and reform (“3R”) model
by Padela, Aasim I. & Malik, Sana & Vu, Milkie & Quinn, Michael & Peek, Monica
- 100-107 Women's asset ownership and children's nutritional status: Evidence from Papua New Guinea
by van der Meulen Rodgers, Yana & Kassens, Alice Louise
- 108-116 Does the ethno-religious diversity of a neighbourhood affect the perceived health of its residents?
by Jonsson, Kenisha Russell & Demireva, Neli
- 117-124 Implicit and explicit anti-fat bias: The role of weight-related attitudes and beliefs
by Elran-Barak, Roni & Bar-Anan, Yoav
2018, Volume 203, Issue C
- 1-8 Empowering citizens or mining resources? The contested domain of citizen engagement in professional care services
by Glimmerveen, Ludo & Ybema, Sierk & Nies, Henk
- 9-18 Work and family transitions and the self-rated health of young women in South Africa
by Bennett, Rachel & Waterhouse, Philippa
- 19-27 Fate, morals and rational calculations: Freezing eggs for non-medical reasons in Turkey
by Kılıç, Azer & Göçmen, İpek
- 28-34 Reproducing whiteness and enacting kin in the Nordic context of transnational egg donation: Matching donors with cross-border traveller recipients in Finland
by Homanen, Riikka
- 35-42 “We are the heroes because we are ready to die for this country”: Participants' decision-making and grounded ethics in an Ebola vaccine clinical trial
by Tengbeh, Angus Fayia & Enria, Luisa & Smout, Elizabeth & Mooney, Thomas & Callaghan, Mike & Ishola, David & Leigh, Bailah & Watson-Jones, Deborah & Greenwood, Brian & Larson, Heidi & Lees, Shelley
- 43-50 Between demarcation and discretion: The medical-administrative boundary as a locus of safety in high-volume organisational routines
by Grant, Suzanne & Guthrie, Bruce
- 51-59 Beyond the trigger: The mental health consequences of in-home firearm access among children of gun owners
by Kim, Jinho
- 64-73 A multilevel approach to modeling health inequalities at the intersection of multiple social identities
by Evans, Clare R. & Williams, David R. & Onnela, Jukka-Pekka & Subramanian, S.V.
2018, Volume 202, Issue C
- 1-12 The social role of C-reactive protein point-of-care testing to guide antibiotic prescription in Northern Thailand
by Haenssgen, Marco J. & Charoenboon, Nutcha & Althaus, Thomas & Greer, Rachel C. & Intralawan, Daranee & Lubell, Yoel
- 13-19 Is there a “right time” for bad news? Kairos in familial communication on hereditary breast and ovarian cancer risk
by Derbez, Benjamin
- 20-27 The effect of health insurance on sexual health: Evidence from the Affordable Care Act's dependent coverage mandate
by Oney, Melissa
- 28-37 The role of community participation for sustainable integrated neglected tropical diseases and water, sanitation and hygiene intervention programs: A pilot project in Tanzania
by Madon, Shirin & Malecela, Mwele Ntuli & Mashoto, Kijakazi & Donohue, Rose & Mubyazi, Godfrey & Michael, Edwin
- 38-42 Representations of race and skin tone in medical textbook imagery
by Louie, Patricia & Wilkes, Rima
- 43-53 Generalized and particularized trust for health between urban and rural residents in Japan: A cohort study from the JAGES project
by Sato, Yukihiro & Aida, Jun & Tsuboya, Toru & Shirai, Kokoro & Koyama, Shihoko & Matsuyama, Yusuke & Kondo, Katsunori & Osaka, Ken
- 54-60 County-level job automation risk and health: Evidence from the United States
by Patel, Pankaj C. & Devaraj, Srikant & Hicks, Michael J. & Wornell, Emily J.
- 61-69 Does the sex ratio at sexual maturity affect men's later-life mortality risks? Evidence from historical China
by Zang, Emma & Zheng, Hui
- 70-78 Shaping the use of psychotropic medicines in nursing homes: A qualitative study on organisational culture
by Sawan, Mouna & Jeon, Yun-Hee & Chen, Timothy F.
- 79-88 Healthy working days: The (positive) effect of work effort on occupational health from a human capital approach
by Urtasun, Ainhoa & Nuñez, Imanol
- 89-98 A geographically explicit ecological momentary assessment (GEMA) mixed method for understanding substance use
by McQuoid, Julia & Thrul, Johannes & Ling, Pamela
- 99-107 Governing the quality and safety of healthcare: A conceptual framework
by Brown, Alison & Dickinson, Helen & Kelaher, Margaret
- 108-116 Financial circumstances, mastery, and mental health: Taking unobserved time-stable influences into account
by Koltai, Jonathan & Bierman, Alex & Schieman, Scott
- 117-127 Low-intensity violence and the social determinants of adolescent health among three East African pastoralist communities
by Pike, Ivy L. & Hilton, Charles & Österle, Matthias & Olungah, Owuor
- 128-135 Brokerage in commercialised healthcare systems: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence from Uttar Pradesh
by Hunter, Benjamin M.
- 136-142 The role of place on healthcare quality improvement: A qualitative case study of a teaching hospital
by Melo, Sara
- 143-150 “What is meant by public?”: Stakeholder views on strengthening impacts of public reporting of hospital performance data
by Canaway, Rachel & Bismark, Marie & Dunt, David & Prang, Khic-Houy & Kelaher, Margaret
- 151-161 Ownership and hospital behaviour: Employment and local unemployment
by Clark, Andrew E. & Milcent, Carine
- 162-169 Social norms and women's risk of intimate partner violence in Nepal
by Clark, Cari Jo & Ferguson, Gemma & Shrestha, Binita & Shrestha, Prabin Nanicha & Oakes, J. Michael & Gupta, Jhumka & McGhee, Susi & Cheong, Yuk Fai & Yount, Kathryn M.
- 170-178 Benefits of maternal education for mental health trajectories across childhood and adolescence
by Meyrose, Ann-Katrin & Klasen, Fionna & Otto, Christiane & Gniewosz, Gabriela & Lampert, Thomas & Ravens-Sieberer, Ulrike
2018, Volume 201, Issue C
- 1-8 Antimicrobial stigmatization: Public health concerns about conventional pig farming and pig farmers' experiences with stigmatization
by Fynbo, Lars & Jensen, Carsten Strøby
- 9-17 “These African stories”: Life, labor, and dying in northern Zambia
by Garoon, Joshua
- 18-26 How health behaviors link romantic relationship dysfunction and physical health across 20 years for middle-aged and older adults
by Roberson, Patricia N.E. & Shorter, Rebecca L. & Woods, Sarah & Priest, Jacob
- 27-34 Ghana's community-based primary health care: Why women and children are ‘disadvantaged’ by its implementation
by Atinga, Roger A. & Agyepong, Irene Akua & Esena, Reuben K.
- 35-43 Medical provision and urban-rural differences in maternal mortality in late nineteenth century Scotland
by Reid, Alice & Garrett, Eilidh
- 44-50 Talking about male body-based contraceptives: The counseling visit and the feminization of contraception
by Kimport, Katrina
- 51-58 Workplace assimilation and professional jurisdiction: How nurses learn to blur the nursing-medical boundary
by Johannessen, Lars E.F.
- 59-62 Crushing hope: Short term responses to tragedy vary by hopefulness
by Fletcher, Jason