Social Science & Medicine
2016, Volume 148, Issue C
- 110-122 Is natural experiment a cure? Re-examining the long-term health effects of China's 1959–1961 famine
by Xu, Hongwei & Li, Lydia & Zhang, Zhenmei & Liu, Jinyu
- 123-130 Pastoral power in the community pharmacy: A Foucauldian analysis of services to promote patient adherence to new medicine use
by Waring, Justin & Latif, Asam & Boyd, Matthew & Barber, Nick & Elliott, Rachel
- 131-138 “We don't wear it on our sleeve”: Sickle cell disease and the (in)visibile body in parts
by Ciribassi, Rebekah M. & Patil, Crystal L.
- 142-151 Quality of qualitative research in the health sciences: Analysis of the common criteria present in 58 assessment guidelines by expert users
by Santiago-Delefosse, M. & Gavin, A. & Bruchez, C. & Roux, P. & Stephen, S.L.
- 152-159 Migrant maternity in an era of superdiversity: New migrants' access to, and experience of, antenatal care in the West Midlands, UK
by Phillimore, Jenny
2015, Volume 147, Issue C
- 1-9 New norms new policies: Did the Adelaide Thinkers in Residence scheme encourage new thinking about promoting well-being and Health in All Policies?
by Baum, Fran & Lawless, Angela & MacDougall, Colin & Delany, Toni & McDermott, Dennis & Harris, Elizabeth & Williams, Carmel
- 10-19 Gendering gametes: The unequal contributions of sperm and egg donors
by Hertz, Rosanna & Nelson, Margaret K. & Kramer, Wendy
- 20-29 Is socioeconomic incorporation associated with a healthier diet? Dietary patterns among Mexican-origin children in the United States
by Martin, Molly A. & Van Hook, Jennifer L. & Quiros, Susana
- 30-37 Therapeutic landscapes of home: Exploring Indigenous peoples' experiences of a Housing First intervention in Winnipeg
by Alaazi, Dominic A. & Masuda, Jeffrey R. & Evans, Joshua & Distasio, Jino
- 38-46 Relationship dynamics around depression in gay and lesbian couples
by Thomeer, Mieke Beth & Reczek, Corinne & Umberson, Debra
- 47-53 School-level contextual predictors of bullying and harassment experiences among adolescents
by Gower, Amy L. & McMorris, Barbara J. & Eisenberg, Marla E.
- 54-61 Hymen reconstruction as pragmatic empowerment? Results of a qualitative study from Tunisia
by Wild, Verina & Poulin, Hinda & McDougall, Christopher W. & Stöckl, Andrea & Biller-Andorno, Nikola
- 62-71 Illness related wage and productivity losses: Valuing ‘presenteeism’
by Zhang, Wei & Sun, Huiying & Woodcock, Simon & Anis, Aslam
- 72-79 Effectiveness of group discussions and commitment in improving cleaning behaviour of shared sanitation users in Kampala, Uganda slums
by Tumwebaze, Innocent K. & Mosler, Hans-Joachim
- 80-88 Nationwide expansion of a financial incentive program on fruit and vegetable purchases among Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participants: A cost-effectiveness analysis
by An, Ruopeng
- 89-97 Migration as a social determinant of health for irregular migrants: Israel as case study
by Fleischman, Yonina & Willen, Sarah S. & Davidovitch, Nadav & Mor, Zohar
- 105-112 Complex and dynamic times of being chronically ill: Beyond disease trajectories of patients with ulcerative colitis
by Shubin, Sergei & Rapport, Frances & Seagrove, Anne
- 113-120 Avoiding cancer risk information
by Emanuel, Amber S. & Kiviniemi, Marc T. & Howell, Jennifer L. & Hay, Jennifer L. & Waters, Erika A. & Orom, Heather & Shepperd, James A.
- 121-125 Beyond inequality: Acknowledging the complexity of social determinants of health
by Eckersley, Richard
- 126-133 Reaching out to Ebola victims: Coercion, persuasion or an appeal for self-sacrifice?
by Calain, Philippe & Poncin, Marc
- 134-143 Social network typologies and mortality risk among older people in China, India, and Latin America: A 10/66 Dementia Research Group population-based cohort study
by Santini, Ziggi Ivan & Koyanagi, Ai & Tyrovolas, Stefanos & Haro, Josep M. & Fiori, Katherine L. & Uwakwa, Richard & Thiyagarajan, Jotheeswaran A. & Webber, Martin & Prince, Martin & Prina, A. Matthew
- 144-149 Subjective relative deprivation is associated with poorer physical and mental health
by Mishra, Sandeep & Carleton, R. Nicholas
- 150-157 The Poly Implant Prothèse breast prostheses scandal: Embodied risk and social suffering
by Greco, Cinzia
- 158-162 Supply of alcohol to underage drinkers: Misperceptions of community norms
by Jones, Sandra C. & Francis, Kate L.
- 163-169 Bearing the right to healthcare, autonomy and hope
by Nkomo, Nkululeko
- 170-183 “Thinking too much”: A systematic review of a common idiom of distress
by Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Haroz, Emily E. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Bolton, Paul A. & Bass, Judith K. & Hinton, Devon E.
- 184-189 An internet forum analysis of stigma power perceptions among women seeking fertility treatment in the United States
by Jansen, Natalie Anne & Saint Onge, Jarron M.
- 190-199 Socioeconomic conditions across life related to multiple measures of the endocrine system in older adults: Longitudinal findings from a British birth cohort study
by Bann, David & Hardy, Rebecca & Cooper, Rachel & Lashen, Hany & Keevil, Brian & Wu, Frederick C.W. & Holly, Jeff M.P. & Ong, Ken K. & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & Kuh, Diana
- 200-208 Internalized gay ageism, mattering, and depressive symptoms among midlife and older gay-identified men
by Wight, Richard G. & LeBlanc, Allen J. & Meyer, Ilan H. & Harig, Frederick A.
- 209-221 Mortality among immigrants in England and Wales by major causes of death, 1971–2012: A longitudinal analysis of register-based data
by Wallace, Matthew & Kulu, Hill
- 222-231 Transgender stigma and health: A critical review of stigma determinants, mechanisms, and interventions
by White Hughto, Jaclyn M. & Reisner, Sari L. & Pachankis, John E.
- 232-241 Could strength of exposure to the residential neighbourhood modify associations between walkability and physical activity?
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Blakely, Tony & Pearce, Jamie & Witten, Karen & Bagheri, Nasser & Badland, Hannah & Schofield, Grant
- 242-251 The development and implementation of a theory-informed, integrated mother-child intervention in rural Uganda
by Singla, Daisy R. & Kumbakumba, Elias
- 252-260 Associations between parental hearing impairment and children's mental health: Results from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study
by Borren, Ingrid & Tambs, Kristian & Gustavson, Kristin & Ask, Helga & Engdahl, Bo & Sundet, Jon Martin
- 261-269 How shall we examine and learn about public-private partnerships (PPPs) in the health sector? Realist evaluation of PPPs in Hong Kong
by Wong, Eliza L.Y. & Yeoh, Eng-kiong & Chau, Patsy Y.K. & Yam, Carrie H.K. & Cheung, Annie W.L. & Fung, Hong
- 270-279 Modeling the community-level effects of male incarceration on the sexual partnerships of men and women
by Knittel, Andrea K. & Snow, Rachel C. & Riolo, Rick L. & Griffith, Derek M. & Morenoff, Jeffrey
- 280-287 Dynamic impact of social stratification and social influence on smoking prevalence by gender: An agent-based model
by Chao, Dingding & Hashimoto, Hideki & Kondo, Naoki
- 288-295 How clinical rationing works in practice: A case study of morbid obesity surgery
by Owen-Smith, Amanda & Donovan, Jenny & Coast, Joanna
- 296-299 Long-term impact of the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami on functional disability among older people: A 3-year longitudinal comparison of disability prevalence among Japanese municipalities
by Tomata, Yasutake & Suzuki, Yoshinori & Kawado, Miyuki & Yamada, Hiroya & Murakami, Yoshitaka & Mieno, Makiko Naka & Shibata, Yosuke & Ojima, Toshiyuki & Hashimoto, Shuji & Tsuji, Ichiro
- 300-308 An individual-based rurality measure and its health application: A case study of Latino immigrants in North Florida, USA
by Mao, Liang & Stacciarini, Jeanne-Marie R. & Smith, Rebekah & Wiens, Brenda
- 309-316 Injury careers after blast exposure among combat veterans deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan
by Chase, Rachel P. & McMahon, Shannon A. & Winch, Peter J.
- 317-323 Governing obesity policies from England, France, Germany and Scotland
by Vallgårda, Signild
- 324-331 Trends in mental health inequalities in England during a period of recession, austerity and welfare reform 2004 to 2013
by Barr, Ben & Kinderman, Peter & Whitehead, Margaret
- 332-340 “Wan Kanyakla” (We are together): Community transformations in Kenya following a social network intervention for HIV care
by Salmen, Charles R. & Hickey, Matthew D. & Fiorella, Kathryn J. & Omollo, Dan & Ouma, Gor & Zoughbie, Daniel & Salmen, Marcus R. & Magerenge, Richard & Tessler, Robert & Campbell, Harold & Geng, Elvin & Gandhi, Monica & Bukusi, Elizabeth A. & Cohen, Craig R.
2015, Volume 146, Issue C
- 1-10 Mapping health behaviors: Constructing and validating a common-sense taxonomy of health behaviors
by Nudelman, Gabriel & Shiloh, Shoshana
- 11-20 Stress, diabetes, and infection: Syndemic suffering at an urban Kenyan hospital
by Mendenhall, Emily & Omondi, Gregory Barnabas & Bosire, Edna & Isaiah, Gitonga & Musau, Abednego & Ndetei, David & Mutiso, Victoria
- 21-28 Polycystic ovary syndrome in globalizing India: An ecosocial perspective on an emerging lifestyle disease
by Pathak, Gauri & Nichter, Mark
- 29-40 Intergenerational transmission of the healthy immigrant effect (HIE) through birth weight: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Ramraj, Chantel & Pulver, Ariel & Siddiqi, Arjumand
- 41-52 Attributes and weights in health care priority setting: A systematic review of what counts and to what extent
by Gu, Yuanyuan & Lancsar, Emily & Ghijben, Peter & Butler, James RG & Donaldson, Cam
- 53-61 “My dirty little habit”: Patient constructions of antidepressant use and the ‘crisis’ of legitimacy
by Ridge, Damien & Kokanovic, Renata & Broom, Alex & Kirkpatrick, Susan & Anderson, Claire & Tanner, Claire
- 62-74 Is the sexual behaviour of young people in sub-Saharan Africa influenced by their peers? A systematic review
by Fearon, Elizabeth & Wiggins, Richard D. & Pettifor, Audrey E. & Hargreaves, James R.
- 75-84 Does a college education reduce depressive symptoms in American young adults?
by McFarland, Michael J. & Wagner, Brandon G.
- 85-94 Community trust and household health: A spatially-based approach with evidence from rural Honduras
by Zarychta, Alan
- 95-103 The path of least resistance? Jurisdictions, responsibility and professional asymmetries in pharmacists' accounts of antibiotic decisions in hospitals
by Broom, Alex & Broom, Jennifer & Kirby, Emma & Scambler, Graham
- 104-110 Serum aflatoxin B1-lysine adduct level in adult women from Eastern Province in Kenya depends on household socio-economic status: A cross sectional study
by Leroy, Jef L. & Wang, Jia-Sheng & Jones, Kelly
- 111-119 The long-term mortality impact of combined job strain and family circumstances: A life course analysis of working American mothers
by Sabbath, Erika L. & Mejía-Guevara, Iván & Noelke, Clemens & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 120-128 Neighborhood crime and depressive symptoms among African American women: Genetic moderation and epigenetic mediation of effects
by Lei, Man-Kit & Beach, Steven R.H. & Simons, Ronald L. & Philibert, Robert A.
- 129-136 Social support attenuates the harmful effects of stress in healthy adult women
by Stein, Elizabeth R. & Smith, Bruce W.
- 137-146 HIV serostatus disclosure: development and validation of indicators considering target and modality. Results from a community-based research in 5 countries
by Préau, Marie & Beaulieu-Prévost, Dominic & Henry, Emilie & Bernier, Adeline & Veillette-Bourbeau, Ludivine & Otis, Joanne
- 147-154 “Just Advil”: Harm reduction and identity construction in the consumption of over-the-counter medication for chronic pain
by Eaves, Emery R.
- 155-163 Communal bereavement and resilience in the aftermath of a terrorist event: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Venkataramani, Atheendar S.
- 164-172 From patient deference towards negotiated and precarious informality: An Eliasian analysis of English general practitioners' understandings of changing patient relations
by Brown, Patrick & Elston, Mary Ann & Gabe, Jonathan
- 173-181 ‘He always thinks he is nothing’: The psychosocial impact of discrimination on adolescent refugees in urban Uganda
by Stark, Lindsay & DeCormier Plosky, Willyanne & Horn, Rebecca & Canavera, Mark
- 182-190 Participatory health system priority setting: Evidence from a budget experiment
by Costa -Font, Joan & Forns, Joan Rovira & Sato, Azusa
- 191-203 Cumulative effects of noise and odour annoyances on environmental and health related quality of life
by Oiamo, Tor H. & Luginaah, Isaac N. & Baxter, Jamie
- 204-213 Multiple contexts of exposure: Activity spaces, residential neighborhoods, and self-rated health
by Sharp, Gregory & Denney, Justin T. & Kimbro, Rachel T.
- 214-222 What matters for working fathers? Job characteristics, work-family conflict and enrichment, and fathers' postpartum mental health in an Australian cohort
by Cooklin, Amanda R. & Giallo, Rebecca & Strazdins, Lyndall & Martin, Angela & Leach, Liana S. & Nicholson, Jan M.
- 243-248 The second wave of violence scholarship: South African synergies with a global research agenda
by Bowman, Brett & Stevens, Garth & Eagle, Gillian & Langa, Malose & Kramer, Sherianne & Kiguwa, Peace & Nduna, Mzikazi
- 249-256 Men's violence against women and men are inter-related: Recommendations for simultaneous intervention
by Fleming, Paul J. & Gruskin, Sofia & Rojo, Florencia & Dworkin, Shari L.
- 257-265 Predictors of violence against children in Tamil families in northern Sri Lanka
by Sriskandarajah, Vathsalan & Neuner, Frank & Catani, Claudia
- 266-275 Sexual and physical violence victimization among senior high school students in Ghana: Risk and protective factors
by Ohene, Sally-Ann & Johnson, Kiana & Atunah-Jay, Sarah & Owusu, Andrew & Borowsky, Iris Wagman
- 276-284 Family and community driven response to intimate partner violence in post-conflict settings
by Kohli, Anjalee & Perrin, Nancy & Mpanano, Remy Mitima & Banywesize, Luhazi & Mirindi, Alfred Bacikenge & Banywesize, Jean Heri & Mitima, Clovis Murhula & Binkurhorhwa, Arsène Kajabika & Bufole, Nadine Mwinja & Glass, Nancy
- 285-291 Transnational issue-specific expert networking: A pathway to local policy change
by O'Brien, Cheryl
- 292-299 Children's exposure to community and war violence and mental health in four African countries
by Foster, Holly & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne
- 300-306 The impact of neighborhood disorganization on neighborhood exposure to violence, trauma symptoms, and social relationships among at-risk youth
by Butcher, Fredrick & Galanek, Joseph D. & Kretschmar, Jeff M. & Flannery, Daniel J.
- 307-315 Exploring the association between women's access to economic resources and intimate partner violence in Dar es Salaam and Mbeya, Tanzania
by Vyas, Seema & Jansen, Henrica AFM. & Heise, Lori & Mbwambo, Jessie
- 316-323 Stock-outs, uncertainty and improvisation in access to healthcare in war-torn Northern Uganda
by Muyinda, Herbert & Mugisha, James
- 324-331 Negotiating health and life: Syrian refugees and the politics of access in Lebanon
by Parkinson, Sarah E. & Behrouzan, Orkideh
- 332-340 Healthcare under siege: Geopolitics of medical service provision in the Gaza Strip
by Smith, Ron J.
- 341-347 Preventing gender-based violence engendered by conflict: The case of Côte d'Ivoire
by Blay-Tofey, Morkeh & Lee, Bandy X.
2015, Volume 145, Issue C
- 1-6 Commitment questions targeting patients promotes uptake of under-used health services: Findings from a national quality improvement program in Australia
by Pratt, Nicole L. & Kalisch Ellett, Lisa M. & Sluggett, Janet K. & Ramsay, Emmae N. & Kerr, Mhairi & LeBlanc, Vanessa T. & Barratt, John D. & Roughead, Elizabeth E.
- 7-16 Controlled but not cured: Structural processes and explanatory models of Chagas disease in tropical Bolivia
by Forsyth, Colin
- 17-25 Longitudinal associations of neighborhood socioeconomic characteristics and alcohol availability on drinking: Results from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)
by Brenner, Allison B. & Borrell, Luisa N. & Barrientos-Gutierrez, Tonatiuh & Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 26-34 The downside of tobacco control? Smoking and self-stigma: A systematic review
by Evans-Polce, Rebecca J. & Castaldelli-Maia, Joao M. & Schomerus, Georg & Evans-Lacko, Sara E.
- 35-43 Addressing domestic violence through antenatal care in Sri Lanka's plantation estates: Contributions of public health midwives
by Infanti, Jennifer J. & Lund, Ragnhild & Muzrif, Munas M. & Schei, Berit & Wijewardena, Kumudu
- 44-52 Who responds to financial incentives for weight loss? Evidence from a randomized controlled trial
by Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Reichert, Arndt R. & Reuss-Borst, Monika & Tauchmann, Harald
- 53-62 Comparing disability amongst immigrants and native-born in Canada
by Newbold, K.Bruce & Simone, Dylan
- 63-78 The impact of fiscal austerity on suicide mortality: Evidence across the ‘Eurozone periphery’
by Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan
- 79-88 Educational expansion and the education gradient in health: A hierarchical age-period-cohort analysis
by Delaruelle, Katrijn & Buffel, Veerle & Bracke, Piet
- 89-97 Diffusion of innovations theory applied to global tobacco control treaty ratification
by Valente, Thomas W. & Dyal, Stephanie R. & Chu, Kar-Hai & Wipfli, Heather & Fujimoto, Kayo
- 98-106 The political economy of a public health case management program's transition into medical homes
by Wells, Rebecca & Cilenti, Dorothy & Issel, L. Michele
- 107-114 Using the structure of social networks to map inter-agency relationships in public health services
by West, Robert M. & House, Allan O. & Keen, Justin & Ward, Vicky L.
- 115-119 Happiness and longevity in the United States
by Lawrence, Elizabeth M. & Rogers, Richard G. & Wadsworth, Tim
- 120-124 A comparison of the effectiveness of an adult nutrition education program for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians
by Pettigrew, Simone & Jongenelis, Michelle I. & Moore, Sarah & Pratt, Iain S.
- 145-153 New technology and illness self-management: Potential relevance for resource-poor populations in Asia
by Lucas, Henry
- 154-162 Closing the health and nutrition gap in Odisha, India: A case study of how transforming the health system is achieving greater equity
by Thomas, Deborah & Sarangi, Biraj Laxmi & Garg, Anu & Ahuja, Arti & Meherda, Pramod & Karthikeyan, Sujata R. & Joddar, Pinaki & Kar, Rajendra & Pattnaik, Jeetendra & Druvasula, Ramesh & Dembo Rath, Alison
- 163-172 District-level variations in childhood immunizations in India: The role of socio-economic factors and health infrastructure
by Rammohan, Anu & Awofeso, Niyi
- 173-183 Toward universal coverage in Afghanistan: A multi-stakeholder assessment of capacity investments in the community health worker system
by Edward, Anbrasi & Branchini, Casey & Aitken, Iain & Roach, Melissa & Osei-Bonsu, Kojo & Arwal, Said Habib
- 184-192 What can volunteer co-providers contribute to health systems? The role of people living with HIV in the Thai paediatric HIV programme
by Tulloch, Olivia & Taegtmeyer, Miriam & Ananworanich, Jintanat & Chasombat, Sanchai & Kosalaraksa, Pope & Theobald, Sally
- 193-200 Effectively engaging the private sector through vouchers and contracting – A case for analysing health governance and context
by Nachtnebel, Matthias & O'Mahony, Ashleigh & Pillai, Nandini & Hort, Kris
- 201-208 Organizational barriers associated with the implementation of national essential medicines policy: A cross-sectional study of township hospitals in China
by Yang, Lianping & Liu, Chaojie & Ferrier, J. Adamm & Zhang, Xinping
- 209-216 School context, friendship ties and adolescent mental health: A multilevel analysis of the Korean Youth Panel Survey (KYPS)
by Kim, Harris Hyun-Soo
- 217-226 The impact of health insurance for children under age 6 in Vietnam: A regression discontinuity approach
by Palmer, Michael & Mitra, Sophie & Mont, Daniel & Groce, Nora
- 227-236 The development of universal health insurance coverage in Thailand: Challenges of population aging and informal economy
by Hsu, Minchung & Huang, Xianguo & Yupho, Somrasri
- 237-242 Prioritizing action on health inequities in cities: An evaluation of Urban Health Equity Assessment and Response Tool (Urban HEART) in 15 cities from Asia and Africa
by Prasad, Amit & Kano, Megumi & Dagg, Kendra Ann-Masako & Mori, Hanako & Senkoro, Hawa Hamisi & Ardakani, Mohammad Assai & Elfeky, Samar & Good, Suvajee & Engelhardt, Katrin & Ross, Alex & Armada, Francisco
- 243-248 Emerging challenges in implementing universal health coverage in Asia
by Bredenkamp, Caryn & Evans, Timothy & Lagrada, Leizel & Langenbrunner, John & Nachuk, Stefan & Palu, Toomas
2015, Volume 144, Issue C
- 1-8 Exploring ecological, emotional and social levers of self-rated health for urban gardeners and non-gardeners: A path analysis
by Litt, J.S. & Schmiege, S.J. & Hale, J.W. & Buchenau, M. & Sancar, F.
- 9-18 Dental attendance among low-income women and their children following a brief motivational counseling intervention: A community randomized trial
by Riedy, Christine A. & Weinstein, Philip & Mancl, Lloyd & Garson, Gayle & Huebner, Colleen E. & Milgrom, Peter & Grembowski, David & Shepherd-Banigan, Megan & Smolen, Darlene & Sutherland, Marilynn
- 19-27 Breastfeeding motivation and Self-Determination Theory
by Kestler-Peleg, Miri & Shamir-Dardikman, Merav & Hermoni, Doron & Ginzburg, Karni
- 28-37 How reliable are self-reports of HIV status disclosure? Evidence from couples in Malawi
by Conroy, Amy A. & Wong, Lauren H.
- 39-47 Duration of U.S. stay and body mass index among Latino and Asian immigrants: A test of theoretical pathways
by Ro, Annie & Bostean, Georgiana
- 48-58 Are bad health and pain making us grumpy? An empirical evaluation of reporting heterogeneity in rating health system responsiveness
by Fiorentini, Gianluca & Ragazzi, Giovanni & Robone, Silvana
- 59-68 Using ambulatory care sensitive hospitalisations to analyse the effectiveness of primary care services in Mexico
by Lugo-Palacios, David G. & Cairns, John
- 69-78 Psychological and cognitive determinants of mortality: Evidence from a nationally representative sample followed over thirty-five years
by Karraker, Amelia & Schoeni, Robert F. & Cornman, Jennifer C.
- 79-87 Toward a multidimensional understanding of culture for health interventions
by Asad, Asad L. & Kay, Tamara
- 88-95 Household income and adolescent blood pressure in a Chinese birth cohort: “Children of 1997”
by Kwok, Man Ki & Subramanian, S.V. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C. Mary
- 96-103 The indirect effects of subsidised healthcare in rural Ghana
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Ansah, Evelyn K.
- 104-111 Does disability status modify the association between psychosocial job quality and mental health? A longitudinal fixed-effects analysis
by Milner, A. & Krnjacki, L. & Butterworth, P. & Kavanagh, A. & LaMontagne, Anthony D.
- 112-118 Who is on the medical team?: Shifting the boundaries of belonging on the ICU
by Rodriquez, Jason
- 119-126 The Israeli Medical Association's discourse on health inequity
by Avni, Shlomit & Filc, Dani & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 127-137 Unpaid work in health economic evaluations
by Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner
- 138-147 Early-life characteristics and educational disparities in smoking
by Andersson, Matthew A. & Maralani, Vida
2015, Volume 143, Issue C
- 1-8 Differential associations of job control components with both waist circumference and body mass index
by Bean, Christopher G. & Winefield, Helen R. & Sargent, Charli & Hutchinson, Amanda D.
- 9-16 Microaggressions and the reproduction of social inequalities in medical encounters in Mexico
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 17-25 Social support in the practices of informal providers: The case of patent and proprietary medicine vendors in Nigeria
by Sieverding, Maia & Liu, Jenny & Beyeler, Naomi
- 26-35 Investigating the effects of temporal and interpersonal relative deprivation on health in China
by Jin, Lei & Tam, Tony
- 36-44 Unemployment and substance use problems among young adults: Does childhood low socioeconomic status exacerbate the effect?
by Lee, Jungeun Olivia & Hill, Karl G. & Hartigan, Lacey A. & Boden, Joseph M. & Guttmannova, Katarina & Kosterman, Rick & Bailey, Jennifer A. & Catalano, Richard F.
- 45-53 What motivates maternal and child nutrition peer educators? Experiences of fathers and grandmothers in western Kenya
by Martin, Stephanie L. & Muhomah, Teresia & Thuita, Faith & Bingham, Allison & Mukuria, Altrena G.
- 54-61 Sliding down the U-shape? A dynamic panel investigation of the age-well-being relationship, focusing on young adults
by Piper, Alan T.
- 62-70 Japanese and American public health approaches to preventing population weight gain: A role for paternalism?
by Borovoy, Amy & Roberto, Christina A.
- 71-80 Gender, male-typicality, and social norms predicting adolescent alcohol intoxication and marijuana use
by Mahalik, James R. & Lombardi, Caitlin McPherran & Sims, Jacqueline & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Lynch, Alicia Doyle
- 81-87 Medicine ‘misuse’: Implications for health and environmental sustainability
by Thomas, Felicity & Depledge, Michael
- 88-97 Conceptualising the ‘community’ as a recipient of money – A critical literature review, and implications for health and inequalities
by Reynolds, Joanna & Egan, Matt & Renedo, Alicia & Petticrew, Mark
- 98-106 Tu Salud, ¡Si Cuenta!: Exposure to a community-wide campaign and its associations with physical activity and fruit and vegetable consumption among individuals of Mexican descent
by Reininger, Belinda M. & Mitchell-Bennett, Lisa & Lee, MinJae & Gowen, Rose Z. & Barroso, Cristina S. & Gay, Jennifer L. & Saldana, Mayra Vanessa
- 107-116 Demand response to improved walking infrastructure: A study into the economics of walking and health behaviour change
by Longo, Alberto & Hutchinson, W. George & Hunter, Ruth F. & Tully, Mark A. & Kee, Frank
- 117-127 The relative contributions of disease label and disease prognosis to Alzheimer's stigma: A vignette-based experiment
by Johnson, Rebecca & Harkins, Kristin & Cary, Mark & Sankar, Pamela & Karlawish, Jason
- 128-136 Evaluative language in physiotherapy practice: How does it contribute to the therapeutic relationship?
by Josephson, Iréne & Woodward-Kron, Robyn & Delany, Clare & Hiller, Amy
- 137-144 Democracy and self-rated health across 67 countries: A multilevel analysis
by Krueger, Patrick M. & Dovel, Kathryn & Denney, Justin T.
- 145-153 Patient dissatisfaction in China: What matters
by Pan, Jay & Liu, Dan & Ali, Shehzad
- 154-161 Food insecurity, chronic illness, and gentrification in the San Francisco Bay Area: An example of structural violence in United States public policy
by Whittle, Henry J. & Palar, Kartika & Hufstedler, Lee Lemus & Seligman, Hilary K. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 162-170 Conceptualising quality of life outcomes for women participating in testing for sexually transmitted infections: A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Jackson, Louise J. & Roberts, Tracy E.
- 171-178 Unemployment transitions and self-rated health in Europe: A longitudinal analysis of EU-SILC from 2008 to 2011
by Tøge, Anne Grete & Blekesaune, Morten
- 179-184 The development of a new condom use expectancy scale for at-risk adults
by Nydegger, Liesl A. & Ames, Susan L. & Stacy, Alan W.
- 185-193 Towards an understanding of the relationship of functional literacy and numeracy to geographical health inequalities
by Moon, Graham & Aitken, Grant & Roderick, Paul & Fraser, Simon & Rowlands, Gill
- 194-203 Impact of hospital delivery on child mortality: An analysis of adolescent mothers in Bangladesh
by Pal, Sarmistha
- 204-212 HIV after 40 in rural South Africa: A life course approach to HIV vulnerability among middle aged and older adults
by Mojola, Sanyu A. & Williams, Jill & Angotti, Nicole & Gómez-Olivé, F. Xavier
- 213-222 Health in police officers: Role of risk factor clusters and police divisions
by Habersaat, Stephanie A. & Geiger, Ashley M. & Abdellaoui, Sid & Wolf, Jutta M.
- 223-231 Job-loss and weight gain in British adults: Evidence from two longitudinal studies
by Monsivais, Pablo & Martin, Adam & Suhrcke, Marc & Forouhi, Nita G. & Wareham, Nicholas J.
- 232-240 Fear, blame and transparency: Obstetric caregivers' rationales for high caesarean section rates in a low-resource setting
by Litorp, Helena & Mgaya, Andrew & Mbekenga, Columba K. & Kidanto, Hussein L. & Johnsdotter, Sara & Essén, Birgitta
- 241-248 The association of daily physical symptoms with future health
by Leger, Kate A. & Charles, Susan T. & Ayanian, John Z. & Almeida, David M.
- 255-261 Fertile bodies, immature brains?: A genealogical critique of neuroscientific claims regarding the adolescent brain and of the global fight against adolescent motherhood
by Koffman, Ofra
- 262-270 Developing gender: The medical treatment of transgender young people
by Castañeda, Claudia
- 271-278 Developmental logics: Brain science, child welfare, and the ethics of engagement in Japan
by Goldfarb, Kathryn E.
- 279-286 Infancy, autism, and the emergence of a socially disordered body
by Hollin, Gregory J.S. & Pilnick, Alison
- 287-296 Risky, early, controversial. Puberty in medical discourses
by Cozzi, Donatella & Vinel, Virginie
- 297-303 How and why should children eat fruit and vegetables? Ethnographic insights into diverse body pedagogies
by Kontopodis, Michalis
- 304-310 Neural imaginaries and clinical epistemology: Rhetorically mapping the adolescent brain in the clinical encounter
by Buchbinder, Mara
- 311-319 “Learning how to deal with feelings differently”: Psychotropic medications as vehicles of socialization in adolescence
by Choudhury, Suparna & McKinney, Kelly A. & Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 320-328 Taking pills for developmental ails in Southern Brazil: The biologization of adolescence?
by Béhague, Dominique P.
- 329-335 Physical constraint as psychological holding: Mental-health treatment for difficult and violent adolescents in France
by Gansel, Yannis & Lézé, Samuel
- 336-342 “What is strange is that we don't have more children coming to us”: A habitography of child psychiatrists and scholastic pressure in Kolkata, India
by Ecks, Stefan & Kupfer, Christine
2015, Volume 142, Issue C
- 1-8 A multilevel cross-lagged structural equation analysis for reciprocal relationship between social capital and health
by Yu, Ge & Sessions, John G. & Fu, Yu & Wall, Martin
- 9-18 Socioeconomic inequalities in prostate cancer survival: A review of the evidence and explanatory factors
by Klein, Jens & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf
- 19-26 Beyond metrics? Utilizing ‘soft intelligence’ for healthcare quality and safety
by Martin, Graham P. & McKee, Lorna & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 27-36 “So, is that your ‘relative’ or mine?” A political-ecological critique of census-based area deprivation indices
by Fu, Mengzhu & Exeter, Daniel J. & Anderson, Anneka
- 37-46 The causal effect of education on HIV stigma in Uganda: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Venkataramani, Atheendar S.
- 47-55 The neoliberal diet and inequality in the United States
by Otero, Gerardo & Pechlaner, Gabriela & Liberman, Giselle & Gürcan, Efe
- 56-67 Seeking everyday wellbeing: The coast as a therapeutic landscape
by Bell, Sarah L. & Phoenix, Cassandra & Lovell, Rebecca & Wheeler, Benedict W.
- 68-81 Operationalising the capability approach as an outcome measure in public health: The development of the OCAP-18
by Lorgelly, Paula K. & Lorimer, Karen & Fenwick, Elisabeth A.L. & Briggs, Andrew H. & Anand, Paul
- 82-89 Does “difficult patient” status contribute to de facto demedicalization? The case of borderline personality disorder
by Sulzer, Sandra H.
- 90-99 Informal m-health: How are young people using mobile phones to bridge healthcare gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa?
by Hampshire, Kate & Porter, Gina & Owusu, Samuel Asiedu & Mariwah, Simon & Abane, Albert & Robson, Elsbeth & Munthali, Alister & DeLannoy, Ariane & Bango, Andisiwe & Gunguluza, Nwabisa & Milner, James
- 100-108 Individual and contextual correlates of physical activity among a clinical sample of United States Veterans
by Hoerster, Katherine D. & Millstein, Rachel A. & Hall, Katherine S. & Gray, Kristen E. & Reiber, Gayle E. & Nelson, Karin M. & Saelens, Brian E.
- 109-117 Cumulative exposure to childhood stressors and subsequent psychological distress. An analysis of US panel data
by Björkenstam, Emma & Burström, Bo & Brännström, Lars & Vinnerljung, Bo & Björkenstam, Charlotte & Pebley, Anne R.
- 118-127 Anticipated regret to increase uptake of colorectal cancer screening (ARTICS): A randomised controlled trial
by O'Carroll, Ronan E. & Chambers, Julie A. & Brownlee, Linda & Libby, Gillian & Steele, Robert J.C.
- 128-135 A longitudinal examination of maternal, family, and area-level experiences of racism on children's socioemotional development: Patterns and possible explanations
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Kelly, Yvonne
- 136-144 Does the hand that controls the cigarette packet rule the smoker? Findings from ethnographic interviews with smokers in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and the USA
by Bell, Kirsten & Dennis, Simone & Robinson, Jude & Moore, Roland
- 145-153 Early physical health conditions and school readiness skills in a prospective birth cohort of U.S. children
by Kull, Melissa A. & Coley, Rebekah Levine
- 154-162 Children's self reported discomforts as participants in clinical research
by Staphorst, Mira S. & Hunfeld, Joke A.M. & van de Vathorst, Suzanne & Passchier, Jan & van Goudoever, Johannes B.
- 163-168 The persistence of predictors of wellbeing among refugee youth eight years after resettlement in Melbourne, Australia
by Correa-Velez, Ignacio & Gifford, Sandra M. & McMichael, Celia
- 169-182 Which part of community social capital is related to life satisfaction and self-rated health? A multilevel analysis based on a nationwide mail survey in Japan
by Inaba, Yoji & Wada, Yuri & Ichida, Yukinobu & Nishikawa, Masashi
- 183-193 The age profile of the location decision of Australian general practitioners
by Mu, Chunzhou
- 194-201 Race, law, and health: Examination of ‘Stand Your Ground’ and defendant convictions in Florida
by Ackermann, Nicole & Goodman, Melody S. & Gilbert, Keon & Arroyo-Johnson, Cassandra & Pagano, Marcello
- 202-213 Food deserts or food swamps?: A mixed-methods study of local food environments in a Mexican city
by Bridle-Fitzpatrick, Susan
- 214-222 Citing conduct, individualizing symptoms: Accomplishing autism diagnosis in clinical case conferences
by Turowetz, Jason
- 223-231 The value of frameworks as knowledge translation mechanisms to guide community participation practice in Ontario CHCs
by Montesanti, Stephanie Rose & Abelson, Julia & Lavis, John N. & Dunn, James R.
- 232-240 The Biobehavioral Family Model: Close relationships and allostatic load
by Priest, Jacob B. & Woods, Sarah B. & Maier, Candice A. & Parker, Elizabeth Oshrin & Benoit, Jenna A. & Roush, Tara R.
- 241-248 Social mobility and health in European countries: Does welfare regime type matter?
by Campos-Matos, Inês & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 249-255 Trust, reciprocity and collective action to fight antibiotic resistance. An experimental approach
by Rönnerstrand, Björn & Andersson Sundell, Karolina
- 256-260 The impact of overtly listing eligibility requirements on MTurk: An investigation involving organ donation, recruitment scripts, and feelings of elevation
by Siegel, Jason T. & Navarro, Mario A. & Thomson, Andrew L.
2015, Volume 141, Issue C
- 1-8 The precariousness of the franchise state: Voluntary sector health services and international NGOs in Tanzania, 1960s – mid-1980s
by Jennings, Michael
- 9-18 ‘High profile health facilities can add to your trouble’: Women, stigma and un/safe abortion in Kenya
by Izugbara, Chimaraoke O. & Egesa, Carolyne & Okelo, Rispah
- 19-26 Prenatal diagnosis: From policy to practice. Two distinct ways of managing prognostic uncertainty and anticipating disability in Brazil and in France
by Ville, Isabelle & Mirlesse, Véronique
- 27-35 The relationship between narrative classification of obesity and support for public policy interventions
by Thibodeau, Paul H. & Perko, Victoria L. & Flusberg, Stephen J.
- 36-45 Impact of the Kenya Cash Transfer for Orphans and Vulnerable Children on early pregnancy and marriage of adolescent girls
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Huang, Carolyn & Halpern, Carolyn & Pettifor, Audrey & Thirumurthy, Harsha
- 46-55 Smoke-free air laws and quit attempts: Evidence for a moderating role of spontaneous self-affirmation
by Persoskie, Alexander & Ferrer, Rebecca A. & Taber, Jennifer M. & Klein, William M.P. & Parascandola, Mark & Harris, Peter R.
- 56-63 An exploration of the political economy dynamics shaping health worker incentives in three districts in Sierra Leone
by Bertone, Maria Paola & Witter, Sophie
- 64-71 An exploration of the longer-term impacts of community participation in rural health services design
by Farmer, Jane & Currie, Margaret & Kenny, Amanda & Munoz, Sarah-Anne
- 72-81 Disability prevalence and disability-related employment gaps in the UK 1998–2012: Different trends in different surveys?
by Baumberg, Ben & Jones, Melanie & Wass, Victoria
- 82-90 Are older adults living in more equal counties healthier than older adults living in more unequal counties? A propensity score matching approach
by Choi, HwaJung & Burgard, Sarah & Elo, Irma T. & Heisler, Michele
- 91-99 Associations of life course socioeconomic position and job stress with carotid intima-media thickness. The Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)
by Camelo, Lidyane V. & Giatti, Luana & Chor, Dóra & Griep, Rosane Härter & Benseñor, Isabela M. & Santos, Itamar S. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Barreto, Sandhi Maria