Social Science & Medicine
2015, Volume 134, Issue C
- 66-75 Concussion under-reporting and pressure from coaches, teammates, fans, and parents
by Kroshus, Emily & Garnett, Bernice & Hawrilenko, Matt & Baugh, Christine M. & Calzo, Jerel P.
- 76-86 Decomposing socio-economic inequality in colorectal cancer screening uptake in England
by Solmi, Francesca & Von Wagner, Christian & Kobayashi, Lindsay C. & Raine, Rosalind & Wardle, Jane & Morris, Stephen
- 87-94 Living in “survival mode:” Intergenerational transmission of trauma from the Holodomor genocide of 1932–1933 in Ukraine
by Bezo, Brent & Maggi, Stefania
- 95-106 Ethnic differences in children's socioemotional difficulties: Findings from the Millennium Cohort Study
by Zilanawala, Afshin & Sacker, Amanda & Nazroo, James & Kelly, Yvonne
2015, Volume 133, Issue C
- 2-10 Intimate partner violence, modern contraceptive use and conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
by Kidman, Rachel & Palermo, Tia & Bertrand, Jane
- 11-20 Effectiveness of public deliberation methods for gathering input on issues in healthcare: Results from a randomized trial
by Carman, Kristin L. & Mallery, Coretta & Maurer, Maureen & Wang, Grace & Garfinkel, Steve & Yang, Manshu & Gilmore, Dierdre & Windham, Amy & Ginsburg, Marjorie & Sofaer, Shoshanna & Gold, Marthe & Pathak-Sen, Ela & Davies, Todd & Siegel, Joanna & Mangrum, Rikki & Fernandez, Jessica & Richmond, Jennifer & Fishkin, James & Siu Chao, Alice
- 21-27 Patient access to health care and medicines across low-income countries
by Srivastava, Divya & McGuire, Alistair
- 28-35 The influence of institutional pressures on hospital electronic health record presence
by Fareed, Naleef & Bazzoli, Gloria J. & Farnsworth Mick, Stephen S. & Harless, David W.
- 36-44 Challenges to successful implementation of HIV and AIDS-related health policies in Cartagena, Colombia
by Djellouli, Nehla & Quevedo-Gómez, María Cristina
- 45-52 Exploring the practice of patient centered care: The role of ethnography and reflexivity
by Liberati, Elisa Giulia & Gorli, Mara & Moja, Lorenzo & Galuppo, Laura & Ripamonti, Silvio & Scaratti, Giuseppe
- 53-58 Characteristics and patterns of elective admissions to for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals in France in 2009 and 2010
by Weeks, William B. & Jardin, Marie & Paraponaris, Alain
- 59-66 The traditional healer in obstetric care: A persistent wasted opportunity in maternal health
by Aborigo, Raymond Akawire & Allotey, Pascale & Reidpath, Daniel D.
- 67-76 The impact of economic, political and social globalization on overweight and obesity in the 56 low and middle income countries
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Lobstein, Tim & James, W. Philip T. & Suhrcke, Marc
- 77-84 Visualizing harm reduction: Methodological and ethical considerations
by Switzer, S. & Guta, A. & de Prinse, K. & Chan Carusone, S. & Strike, C.
- 85-92 Best of enemies: Using social network analysis to explore a policy network in European smoke-free policy
by Weishaar, Heide & Amos, Amanda & Collin, Jeff
- 93-100 Living arrangements as determinants of myocardial infarction incidence and survival: A prospective register study of over 300,000 Finnish men and women
by Kilpi, Fanny & Konttinen, Hanna & Silventoinen, Karri & Martikainen, Pekka
- 102-110 Comparison communities in a cluster randomised trial innovate in response to ‘being controlled’
by Hawe, Penelope & Riley, Therese & Gartrell, Alexandra & Turner, Karen & Canales, Claudia & Omstead, Darlene
- 111-119 Multiple early victimization experiences as a pathway to explain physical health disparities among sexual minority and heterosexual individuals
by Andersen, Judith P. & Zou, Christopher & Blosnich, John
- 120-127 Competing conceptualizations of decent work at the intersection of health, social and economic discourses
by Di Ruggiero, Erica & Cohen, Joanna E. & Cole, Donald C. & Forman, Lisa
- 128-135 ‘It's like having a physician in your pocket!’ A critical analysis of self-diagnosis smartphone apps
by Lupton, Deborah & Jutel, Annemarie
- 136-144 Participation and diffusion effects of a peer-intervention for HIV prevention among adults in rural Malawi
by Crittenden, Kathleen S. & Kaponda, Chrissie P.N. & Jere, Diana L. & McCreary, Linda L. & Norr, Kathleen F.
- 145-152 Cultural Health Capital on the margins: Cultural resources for navigating healthcare in communities with limited access
by Madden, Erin Fanning
- 153-158 Paying people to eat or not to eat? Carryover effects of monetary incentives on eating behaviour
by Dolan, Paul & Galizzi, Matteo M. & Navarro-Martinez, Daniel
- 159-167 Anchoring contextual analysis in health policy and systems research: A narrative review of contextual factors influencing health committees in low and middle income countries
by George, Asha & Scott, Kerry & Garimella, Surekha & Mondal, Shinjini & Ved, Rajani & Sheikh, Kabir
- 168-176 Negotiating structural vulnerability following regulatory changes to a provincial methadone program in vancouver, canada: A qualitative study
by McNeil, Ryan & Kerr, Thomas & Anderson, Solanna & Maher, Lisa & Keewatin, Chereece & Milloy, M.J. & Wood, Evan & Small, Will
- 177-188 Women's entrepreneurship and intimate partner violence: A cluster randomized trial of microenterprise assistance and partner participation in post-conflict Uganda (SSM-D-14-01580R1)
by Green, Eric P. & Blattman, Christopher & Jamison, Julian & Annan, Jeannie
- 191-201 Towards explaining the health impacts of residential energy efficiency interventions – A realist review. Part 1: Pathways
by Willand, Nicola & Ridley, Ian & Maller, Cecily
- 205-211 Diet and obesity in Los Angeles County 2007–2012: Is there a measurable effect of the 2008 “Fast-Food Ban”?
by Sturm, Roland & Hattori, Aiko
- 216-222 Conceptualizing violence for health and medical geography
by DeVerteuil, Geoffrey
- 223-232 The politics of relative deprivation: A transdisciplinary social justice perspective
by Fu, Mengzhu & Exeter, Daniel J. & Anderson, Anneka
- 233-241 The geography of malaria genetics in the Democratic Republic of Congo: A complex and fragmented landscape
by Carrel, Margaret & Patel, Jaymin & Taylor, Steve M. & Janko, Mark & Mwandagalirwa, Melchior Kashamuka & Tshefu, Antoinette K. & Escalante, Ananias A. & McCollum, Andrea & Alam, Md Tauqeer & Udhayakumar, Venkatachalam & Meshnick, Steven & Emch, Michael
- 242-252 A scalable climate health justice assessment model
by McDonald, Yolanda J. & Grineski, Sara E. & Collins, Timothy W. & Kim, Young-An
- 253-260 Development and validation of the attitudes toward outdoor play scales for children
by Beyer, Kirsten & Bizub, Jessica & Szabo, Aniko & Heller, Beth & Kistner, Amy & Shawgo, Erin & Zetts, Corey
- 261-268 Developing and validating a measure of community capacity: Why volunteers make the best neighbours
by Lovell, Sarah A. & Gray, Andrew R. & Boucher, Sara E.
- 269-279 The key role of socio-demographic and socio-environmental factors in urban malaria occurrence and control – An illustration using the city of Yaoundé
by Ngom, Roland & Siegmund, Alexander
- 280-286 Therapeutic micro-environments in the Edgelands: A thematic analysis of Richard Mabey's The Unofficial Countryside
by Houghton, Frank & Houghton, Sharon
- 287-295 The place of receptionists in access to primary care: Challenges in the space between community and consultation
by Neuwelt, Pat M. & Kearns, Robin A. & Browne, Annette J.
- 296-303 HIV/AIDS in mid-sized cities in Senegal: From individual to place-based vulnerability
by Drame, Fatou Maria & Foley, Ellen E.
- 304-312 Where do they go and how do they get there? Older adults' travel behaviour in a highly walkable environment
by Winters, Meghan & Voss, Christine & Ashe, Maureen C. & Gutteridge, Kaitlyn & McKay, Heather & Sims-Gould, Joanie
- 313-321 What shape is your neighbourhood? Investigating the micro geographies of physical activity
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Russell, Marie & Witten, Karen & Hooper, Carolyn M. & Pearce, Jamie & Blakely, Tony
- 322-330 Measuring food availability and accessibility among adolescents: Moving beyond the neighbourhood boundary
by Shearer, Cindy & Rainham, Daniel & Blanchard, Chris & Dummer, Trevor & Lyons, Renee & Kirk, Sara
- 331-339 Movers and stayers: The geography of residential mobility and CVD hospitalisations in Auckland, New Zealand
by Exeter, Daniel J. & Sabel, Clive E. & Hanham, Grant & Lee, Arier C. & Wells, Susan
- 340-348 Immigration, barriers to healthcare and transnational ties: A case study of South Korean immigrants in Toronto, Canada
by Wang, Lu & Kwak, Min-Jung
- 349-357 Urban inclusion as wellbeing: Exploring children's accounts of confronting diversity on inner city streets
by Witten, Karen & Kearns, Robin & Carroll, Penelope
- 358-365 Adding insult to injury: The development of psychosocial stress in Ontario wind turbine communities
by Walker, Chad & Baxter, Jamie & Ouellette, Danielle
- 366-373 Social change or business as usual at city hall? Examining an urban municipal government's response to neighbourhood-level health inequities
by Cahuas, Madelaine C. & Wakefield, Sarah & Peng, Yun
- 374-382 Making the Blue Zones: Neoliberalism and nudges in public health promotion
by Carter, Eric D.
2015, Volume 132, Issue C
- 1-10 Applying Health Locus of Control and Latent Class Modelling to food and physical activity choices affecting CVD risk
by Grisolía, José M. & Longo, Alberto & Hutchinson, George & Kee, Frank
- 11-19 Exploring the limitations of age-based models for health care planning
by Mason, Thomas & Sutton, Matt & Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 20-29 “Surviving is not the same as living”: Cancer and Sobrevivencia in Puerto Rico
by Dyer, Karen E.
- 30-37 Providing primary health care through integrated microfinance and health services in Latin America
by Geissler, Kimberley H. & Leatherman, Sheila
- 38-44 Food for thought: An ethnographic study of negotiating ill health and food insecurity in a UK foodbank
by Garthwaite, K.A. & Collins, P.J. & Bambra, C.
- 45-53 The long-run effect of maternity leave benefits on mental health: Evidence from European countries
by Avendano, Mauricio & Berkman, Lisa F. & Brugiavini, Agar & Pasini, Giacomo
- 54-61 Targeting brains, producing responsibilities: The use of neuroscience within British social policy
by Broer, Tineke & Pickersgill, Martyn
- 62-69 Survival of the project: A case study of ICT innovation in health care
by Andreassen, Hege K. & Kjekshus, Lars Erik & Tjora, Aksel
- 70-78 Examining the broader psychosocial effects of mass conflict on PTSD symptoms and functional impairment amongst West Papuan refugees resettled in Papua New Guinea (PNG)
by Tay, Alvin Kuowei & Rees, Susan & Chan, Jack & Kareth, Moses & Silove, Derrick
- 79-87 Bioidentical hormones, menopausal women, and the lure of the “natural” in U.S. anti-aging medicine
by Fishman, Jennifer R. & Flatt, Michael A. & Settersten, Richard A.
- 88-94 Social welfare matters: A realist review of when, how, and why unemployment insurance impacts poverty and health
by O'Campo, Patricia & Molnar, Agnes & Ng, Edwin & Renahy, Emilie & Mitchell, Christiane & Shankardass, Ketan & St. John, Alexander & Bambra, Clare & Muntaner, Carles
- 95-102 Sickness and sickness absence of remaining employees in a time of economic crisis: A study among employees of municipalities in Iceland
by Sigursteinsdóttir, Hjördís & Rafnsdóttir, Gudbjörg Linda
- 103-112 Puberty and perimenopause: Reproductive transitions and their implications for women's health
by Hoyt, Lindsay Till & Falconi, April M.
- 113-121 Effect of hospital referral networks on patient readmissions
by Mascia, Daniele & Angeli, Federica & Di Vincenzo, Fausto
- 122-131 Does neighborhood deprivation modify the effect of preterm birth on children's first grade academic performance?
by Richards, Jennifer L. & Chapple-McGruder, Theresa & Williams, Bryan L. & Kramer, Michael R.
- 132-140 ‘It's time she stopped torturing herself’: Structural constraints to decision-making about life-sustaining treatment by medical trainees
by Jenkins, Tania M.
- 141-148 Genetically at-risk status and individual agency. A qualitative study on asymptomatic women living with genetic risk of breast/ovarian cancer
by Caiata-Zufferey, Maria
- 149-155 A blessing I can't afford: Factors underlying the paradox of happiness about unintended pregnancy
by Aiken, Abigail R.A. & Dillaway, Chloe & Mevs-Korff, Natasha
- 156-164 Cream skimming and hospital transfers in a mixed public-private system
by Cheng, Terence C. & Haisken-DeNew, John P. & Yong, Jongsay
- 165-172 The changing donor landscape of health sector aid to Vietnam: A qualitative case study
by Pallas, Sarah Wood & Khuat, Thi Hai Oanh & Le, Quang Duong & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 173-180 Trends and structural shifts in health tourism: Evidence from seasonal time-series data on health-related travel spending by Canada during 1970–2010
by Loh, Chung-Ping A.
- 181-189 The role of perceived impact on relationship quality in pharmacists' willingness to influence indication-based off-label prescribing decisions
by Basak, Ramsankar & Bentley, John P. & McCaffrey, David J. & Bouldin, Alicia S. & Banahan, Benjamin F.
- 190-196 Social networks and health policy: The case of misoprostol and the WHO model essential medicine list
by Millard, Colin & Brhlikova, Petra & Pollock, Allyson
- 197-207 Interpreter-mediated dentistry
by Bridges, Susan & Drew, Paul & Zayts, Olga & McGrath, Colman & Yiu, Cynthia K.Y. & Wong, H.M. & Au, T.K.F.
- 215-224 International parental migration and the psychological well-being of children in Ghana, Nigeria, and Angola
by Mazzucato, Valentina & Cebotari, Victor & Veale, Angela & White, Allen & Grassi, Marzia & Vivet, Jeanne
- 225-235 Parental migration and the mental health of those who stay behind to care for children in South-East Asia
by Graham, Elspeth & Jordan, Lucy P. & Yeoh, Brenda S.A.
- 236-244 After spouses depart: Emotional wellbeing among nonmigrant Mexican mothers
by Nobles, Jenna & Rubalcava, Luis & Teruel, Graciela
- 245-251 U.S. immigration policy and family separation: The consequences for children's well-being
by Dreby, Joanna
- 252-260 ‘Left behind’ but not left alone: Parental migration & the psychosocial health of children in Moldova
by Vanore, Michaella & Mazzucato, Valentina & Siegel, Melissa
- 261-269 Positive youth development in rural China: The role of parental migration
by Wen, Ming & Su, Shaobing & Li, Xiaoming & Lin, Danhua
- 270-277 Social capital and the mental health of children in rural China with different experiences of parental migration
by Wu, Qiaobing & Lu, Deping & Kang, Mi
- 278-286 The mixed effects of migration: Community-level migration and birthweight in Mexico
by Hamilton, Erin R. & Choi, Kate H.
2015, Volume 131, Issue C
- 1-9 Is education the best contraception: The case of teenage pregnancy in England?
by Girma, Sourafel & Paton, David
- 10-17 Challenging logics of complex intervention trials: Community perspectives of a health care improvement intervention in rural Uganda
by Okwaro, Ferdinand M. & Chandler, Clare I.R. & Hutchinson, Eleanor & Nabirye, Christine & Taaka, Lilian & Kayendeke, Miriam & Nayiga, Susan & Staedke, Sarah G.
- 18-30 Urban environment interventions linked to the promotion of physical activity: A mixed methods study applied to the urban context of Latin America
by Gomez, Luis F. & Sarmiento, Rodrigo & Ordoñez, Maria Fernanda & Pardo, Carlos Felipe & de Sá, Thiago Hérick & Mallarino, Christina H. & Miranda, J. Jaime & Mosquera, Janeth & Parra, Diana C. & Reis, Rodrigo & Quistberg, D. Alex
- 31-39 Non-disclosure of chronic kidney disease in primary care and the limits of instrumental rationality in chronic illness self-management
by Daker-White, Gavin & Rogers, Anne & Kennedy, Anne & Blakeman, Thomas & Blickem, Christian & Chew-Graham, Carolyn
- 40-47 Seeking and receiving social support on Facebook for surgery
by Davis, Matthew A. & Anthony, Denise L. & Pauls, Scott D.
- 48-57 Adverse childhood experiences and intimate partner aggression in the US: Sex differences and similarities in psychosocial mediation
by Brown, Monique J. & Perera, Robert A. & Masho, Saba W. & Mezuk, Briana & Cohen, Steven A.
- 58-65 The mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance in household and family work on the relationship between education and women's health
by Sperlich, Stefanie & Geyer, Siegfried
- 66-73 The stories we tell: Qualitative research interviews, talking technologies and the ‘normalisation’ of life with HIV
by Mazanderani, Fadhila & Paparini, Sara
- 74-81 Professional integration as a process of professional resocialization: Internationally educated health professionals in Canada
by Neiterman, Elena & Bourgeault, Ivy Lynn
- 82-88 Does higher income inequality adversely influence infant mortality rates? Reconciling descriptive patterns and recent research findings
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Jones, Marcella K. & Erwin, Paul Campbell
- 89-97 Increase of perceived frequency of neighborhood domestic violence is associated with increase of women's depression symptoms in a nationally representative longitudinal study in South Africa
by Meffert, Susan M. & McCulloch, Charles E. & Neylan, Thomas C. & Gandhi, Monica & Lund, Crick
- 98-106 Moving beyond local practice: Reconfiguring the adoption of a breast cancer diagnostic technology
by Maniatopoulos, Gregory & Procter, Rob & Llewellyn, Sue & Harvey, Gill & Boyd, Alan
- 107-113 Correlates of depressive symptoms among North Korean refugees adapting to South Korean society: The moderating role of perceived discrimination
by Um, Mee Young & Chi, Iris & Kim, Hee Jin & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Kim, Jae Yop
- 114-121 Which public and why deliberate? – A scoping review of public deliberation in public health and health policy research
by Degeling, Chris & Carter, Stacy M. & Rychetnik, Lucie
- 122-130 The signs of stress: Embodiments of biosocial stress among type 2 diabetic women in New Delhi, India
by Weaver, Lesley Jo & Worthman, Carol M. & DeCaro, Jason A. & Madhu, S.V.
- 131-146 How economic crises affect alcohol consumption and alcohol-related health problems: A realist systematic review
by de Goeij, Moniek C.M. & Suhrcke, Marc & Toffolutti, Veronica & van de Mheen, Dike & Schoenmakers, Tim M. & Kunst, Anton E.
- 147-155 A causal loop analysis of the sustainability of integrated community case management in Rwanda
by Sarriot, Eric & Morrow, Melanie & Langston, Anne & Weiss, Jennifer & Landegger, Justine & Tsuma, Laban
- 156-163 Hegemony in the marketplace of biomedical innovation: Consumer demand and stem cell science
by Salter, Brian & Zhou, Yinhua & Datta, Saheli
- 164-172 Estimating unbiased economies of scale of HIV prevention projects: A case study of Avahan
by Lépine, Aurélia & Vassall, Anna & Chandrashekar, Sudha & Blanc, Elodie & Le Nestour, Alexis
- 173-180 Traditional acupuncturists and higher education in Britain: The dual, paradoxical impact of biomedical alignment on the holistic view
by Givati, Assaf & Hatton, Kieron
- 181-189 Life and death in the family: Early parental death, parental remarriage, and offspring suicide risk in adulthood
by Hollingshaus, Michael S. & Smith, Ken R.
- 199-206 Assessing the overuse of medicines
by Busfield, Joan
- 207-214 Drugs, cancer and end-of-life care: A case study of pharmaceuticalization?
by Davis, Courtney
- 221-227 Coronary artery disease and the contours of pharmaceuticalization
by Pollock, Anne & Jones, David S.
- 228-238 Resistance and mutations of non-specificity in the field of anxiety-depressive disorders in Canadian medical journals, 1950–1990
by Collin, Johanne & Otero, Marcelo
- 239-246 Big-pharmaceuticalisation: Clinical trials and Contract Research Organisations in India
by Sariola, Salla & Ravindran, Deapica & Kumar, Anand & Jeffery, Roger
- 247-254 Pharmaceuticalisation and ethical review in South Asia: Issues of scope and authority for practitioners and policy makers
by Simpson, Bob & Khatri, Rekha & Ravindran, Deapica & Udalagama, Tharindi
- 255-262 Neoliberal technocracy: Explaining how and why the US Food and Drug Administration has championed pharmacogenomics
by Hogarth, Stuart
- 263-271 Medical countermeasures for national security: A new government role in the pharmaceuticalization of society
by Elbe, Stefan & Roemer-Mahler, Anne & Long, Christopher
- 272-279 Moral discourses and pharmaceuticalised governance in households
by Dew, Kevin & Norris, Pauline & Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 280-288 The drugs don't sell: DIY heart health and the over-the-counter statin experience
by Will, Catherine M. & Weiner, Kate
- 289-296 Patient involvement in drug licensing: A case study
by Britten, Nicky & Denford, Sarah & Harris-Golesworthy, Faith & Jibson, Steph & Pyart, Nigel & Stein, Ken
- 297-304 Everyday drug diversions: A qualitative study of the illicit exchange and non-medical use of prescription stimulants on a university campus
by Vrecko, Scott
- 305-312 Growth hormone, enhancement and the pharmaceuticalisation of short stature
by Morrison, Michael
- 313-321 The interweaving of pharmaceutical and medical expectations as dynamics of micro-pharmaceuticalisation: Advanced-stage cancer patients' hope in medicines alongside trust in professionals
by Brown, Patrick & de Graaf, Sabine & Hillen, Marij & Smets, Ellen & van Laarhoven, Hanneke
- 322-330 Peering into the pharmaceutical “pipeline”: Investigational drugs, clinical trials, and industry priorities
by Fisher, Jill A. & Cottingham, Marci D. & Kalbaugh, Corey A.
2015, Volume 130, Issue C
- 1-8 Changes in self-perceived economic satisfaction and mortality at old ages: Evidence from a survey of middle-aged and elderly adults in Taiwan
by Lee, Miaw-Chwen & Huang, Nicole
- 9-15 Felt stigma and obesity: Introducing the generalized other
by Barlösius, Eva & Philipps, Axel
- 16-22 Childhood and later life stressors and increased inflammatory gene expression at older ages
by Levine, M.E. & Cole, S.W. & Weir, D.R. & Crimmins, E.M.
- 23-31 Socioeconomic status and children's health: Evidence from a low-income country
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Guliani, Harminder
- 32-41 The maternal health outcomes of paid maternity leave: A systematic review
by Aitken, Zoe & Garrett, Cameryn C. & Hewitt, Belinda & Keogh, Louise & Hocking, Jane S. & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 42-50 The economic burden of TB diagnosis and treatment in South Africa
by Foster, Nicola & Vassall, Anna & Cleary, Susan & Cunnama, Lucy & Churchyard, Gavin & Sinanovic, Edina
- 51-58 Does debt affect health? Cross country evidence on the debt-health nexus
by Clayton, Maya & Liñares-Zegarra, José & Wilson, John O.S.
- 59-68 Social network types and the health of older adults: Exploring reciprocal associations
by Li, Ting & Zhang, Yanlong
- 69-78 What is a good life? Selecting capabilities to assess women's quality of life in rural Malawi
by Greco, Giulia & Skordis-Worrall, Jolene & Mkandawire, Bryan & Mills, Anne
- 79-90 The role of neighborhood characteristics in racial/ethnic disparities in type 2 diabetes: Results from the Boston Area Community Health (BACH) Survey
by Piccolo, Rebecca S. & Duncan, Dustin T. & Pearce, Neil & McKinlay, John B.
- 91-98 Mister Sandman, bring me good marks! On the relationship between sleep quality and academic achievement
by Baert, Stijn & Omey, Eddy & Verhaest, Dieter & Vermeir, Aurélie
- 99-106 Health policy for the poor: An exploration on the take-up of means-tested health benefits in Turkey
by Erus, Burcay & Yakut-Cakar, Burcu & Cali, Sanda & Adaman, Fikret
- 107-114 How family members manage risk around functional decline: The autonomy management process in households facing dementia
by Berry, Brandon & Apesoa-Varano, Ester Carolina & Gomez, Yarin
- 115-124 Unemployment in Scandinavia during an economic crisis: Cross-national differences in health selection
by Heggebø, Kristian
- 125-134 Mental health service use by cleanup workers in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill
by Lowe, Sarah R. & Kwok, Richard K. & Payne, Julianne & Engel, Lawrence S. & Galea, Sandro & Sandler, Dale P.
- 135-145 Geographical accessibility to healthcare and malnutrition in Rwanda
by Aoun, Nael & Matsuda, Hirotaka & Sekiyama, Makiko
- 146-153 Flexible positions, managed hopes: The promissory bioeconomy of a whole genome sequencing cancer study
by Haase, Rachel & Michie, Marsha & Skinner, Debra
- 154-161 A tale of two cities: Stigma and health outcomes among people with HIV who inject drugs in St. Petersburg, Russia and Kohtla-Järve, Estonia
by Burke, Sara E. & Calabrese, Sarah K. & Dovidio, John F. & Levina, Olga S. & Uusküla, Anneli & Niccolai, Linda M. & Abel-Ollo, Katri & Heimer, Robert
- 162-171 The impact of recent chemotherapy innovation on the longevity of myeloma patients: US and international evidence
by Hostenkamp, Gisela & Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 172-180 The impact of neighborhood quality, perceived stress, and social support on depressive symptoms during pregnancy in African American women
by Giurgescu, Carmen & Misra, Dawn P. & Sealy-Jefferson, Shawnita & Caldwell, Cleopatra H. & Templin, Thomas N. & Slaughter- Acey, Jaime C. & Osypuk, Theresa L.
- 181-189 An exploratory discrete-time multilevel analysis of the effect of social support on the survival of elderly people in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Jones, Kelvyn & Wang, Wenfei Winnie
- 190-203 “Geography of suicide in Hong Kong: Spatial patterning, and socioeconomic correlates and inequalities”
by Hsu, Chia-Yueh & Chang, Shu-Sen & Lee, Esther S.T. & Yip, Paul S.F.
- 204-215 Determinants of generic vs. brand drug choice: Evidence from population-wide Danish data
by Skipper, Niels & Vejlin, Rune
- 216-224 Going beyond horizontal equity: An analysis of health expenditure allocation across geographic areas in Mozambique
by Anselmi, Laura & Lagarde, Mylène & Hanson, Kara
- 225-233 The role of boundary maintenance and blurring in a UK collaborative research project: How researchers and health service managers made sense of new ways of working
by Smith, Simon & Ward, Vicky
- 234-241 The impact of diminished housing wealth on health in the United States: Evidence from the Great Recession
by Yilmazer, Tansel & Babiarz, Patryk & Liu, Fen
- 242-249 Civil Society Organizations and medicines policy change: A case study of registration, procurement, distribution and use of misoprostol in Uganda
by Atukunda, Esther Cathyln & Brhlikova, Petra & Agaba, Amon Ganafa & Pollock, Allyson M.
- 250-258 Changes in access to structural social capital and its influence on self-rated health over time for middle-aged men and women: A longitudinal study from northern Sweden
by Eriksson, Malin & Ng, Nawi
- 259-267 Pain and self-assessed health: Does the association vary by age?
by Rubin, Sara & Zimmer, Zachary
- 268-276 Mobility and health sector development in China and India
by Holdaway, Jennifer & Levitt, Peggy & Fang, Jing & Rajaram, Narasimhan
- 277-283 Are the differences in adulthood ill-health across the north-south divide and between Scotland and England also evident in early childhood health indicators?
by Cruise, Sharon Mary & O'Reilly, Dermot
- 284-291 Testing a cycle of family violence model in conflict-affected, low-income countries: A qualitative study from Timor-Leste
by Rees, Susan & Thorpe, Rosamund & Tol, Wietse & Fonseca, Mira & Silove, Derrick
2015, Volume 129, Issue C
- 5-11 Is there really such a thing as “one health”? Thinking about a more than human world from the perspective of cultural anthropology
by Wolf, Meike
- 12-19 One World-One Health and neglected zoonotic disease: Elimination, emergence and emergency in Uganda
by Smith, James & Taylor, Emma Michelle & Kingsley, Pete
- 20-27 The puzzle of Buruli ulcer transmission, ethno-ecological history and the end of “love” in the Akonolinga district, Cameroon
by Giles-Vernick, Tamara & Owona-Ntsama, Joseph & Landier, Jordi & Eyangoh, Sara
- 28-35 More than one world, more than one health: Re-configuring interspecies health
by Hinchliffe, Steve
- 36-43 Precarious connections: Making therapeutic production happen for malaria and tuberculosis
by Craddock, Susan
- 44-50 A One Health, participatory epidemiology assessment of anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) management in Western Uganda
by Coffin, Jeanne L. & Monje, Fred & Asiimwe-Karimu, Grace & Amuguni, Hellen Janetrix & Odoch, Terence
- 51-60 Recommendations for the role of social science research in One Health
by Lapinski, Maria Knight & Funk, Julie A. & Moccia, Lauren T.
- 61-67 Public health ethics and more-than-human solidarity
by Rock, Melanie J. & Degeling, Chris
- 68-77 The dawn of Structural One Health: A new science tracking disease emergence along circuits of capital
by Wallace, Robert G. & Bergmann, Luke & Kock, Richard & Gilbert, Marius & Hogerwerf, Lenny & Wallace, Rodrick & Holmberg, Mollie
- 78-86 Uncovering zoonoses awareness in an emerging disease ‘hotspot’
by Paige, Sarah B. & Malavé, Carly & Mbabazi, Edith & Mayer, Jonathan & Goldberg, Tony L.
- 87-95 An expanded One Health model: Integrating social science and One Health to inform study of the human-animal interface
by Woldehanna, Sara & Zimicki, Susan
- 96-105 Containment and competition: Transgenic animals in the One Health agenda
by Lezaun, Javier & Porter, Natalie
- 106-112 The world in a box? Food security, edible insects, and “One World, One Health” collaboration
by Yates-Doerr, Emily
- 113-122 The global condition of epidemics: Panoramas in A (H1N1) influenza and their consequences for One World One Health programme
by Tirado, Francisco & Gómez, Andrés & Rocamora, Verónica
- 123-130 One-health approach as counter-measure against “autoimmune” responses in biosecurity
by Mutsaers, Inge
2015, Volume 128, Issue C
- 1-9 The impact of pecuniary and non-pecuniary incentives for attracting young doctors to rural general practice
by Holte, Jon Helgheim & Kjaer, Trine & Abelsen, Birgit & Olsen, Jan Abel
- 10-17 Incentives for breastfeeding and for smoking cessation in pregnancy: An exploration of types and meanings
by Crossland, Nicola & Thomson, Gill & Morgan, Heather & Dombrowski, Stephan U. & Hoddinott, Pat
- 18-24 Boundary objects in complementary and alternative medicine: Acupuncture vs. Christian Science
by Owens, Kellie
- 25-30 The association of BMI and social distance towards obese individuals is mediated by sympathy and understanding
by Sikorski, Claudia & Luppa, Melanie & Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Schomerus, Georg & Link, Bruce & Riedel-Heller, Steffi G.
- 31-35 Monetizing illness: The influence of disability assistance priming on how we evaluate the health symptoms of others
by O'Brien, Rourke L.
- 36-42 Ethnic discrimination predicts poor self-rated health and cortisol in pregnancy: Insights from New Zealand
by Thayer, Zaneta M. & Kuzawa, Christopher W.
- 43-51 The effect of unemployment on self-reported health and mental health in Greece from 2008 to 2013: A longitudinal study before and during the financial crisis
by Drydakis, Nick
- 52-56 Attitudes towards legalising physician provided euthanasia in Britain: The role of religion over time
by Danyliv, Andriy & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 57-66 Examining individual and school characteristics associated with child obesity using a multilevel growth model
by Miyazaki, Yasuo & Stack, Maria
- 67-75 Household and neighborhood conditions partially account for associations between education and physical capacity in the National Health and Aging Trends Study
by Samuel, Laura J. & Glass, Thomas A. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Roth, David L.
- 76-86 Social contact frequency and all-cause mortality: A meta-analysis and meta-regression
by Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J.
- 87-94 The roles of culture and gender in the relationship between divorce and suicide risk: A meta-analysis
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Yousuf, Saman & Chan, Chee Hon & Yung, Tiffany & Wu, Kevin C.-C.
- 95-104 Measurement of social capital in relation to health in low and middle income countries (LMIC): A systematic review
by Agampodi, Thilini Chanchala & Agampodi, Suneth Buddhika & Glozier, Nicholas & Siribaddana, Sisira
- 105-114 Grandparental help in Indonesia is directed preferentially towards needier descendants: A potential confounder when exploring grandparental influences on child health
by Snopkowski, Kristin & Sear, Rebecca
- 115-125 Seeking fluid possibility and solid ground: Space and movement in mental health service users' experiences of ‘crisis’
by McGrath, Laura & Reavey, Paula
- 126-133 Exploring opportunities for healthy aging among older persons with a history of homelessness in Toronto, Canada
by Waldbrook, Natalie
- 134-141 Action on the social determinants of health: Views from inside the policy process
by Carey, Gemma & Crammond, Brad
- 142-150 Does regulatory fit lead to more effective health communication? A systematic review
by Ludolph, Ramona & Schulz, Peter J.
- 151-158 Gaps in knowledge: Tracking and explaining gender differences in health information seeking
by Manierre, Matthew J.
- 159-167 Resilience in the face of post-election violence in Kenya: The mediating role of social networks on wellbeing among older people in the Korogocho informal settlement, Nairobi
by Bennett, Rachel & Chepngeno-Langat, Gloria & Evandrou, Maria & Falkingham, Jane
- 168-177 The moderating effect of self-efficacy on normal-weight, overweight, and obese children's math achievement: A longitudinal analysis
by Kranjac, Ashley Wendell
- 178-187 Social determinants and psychological distress among Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander adults in the Australian state of Victoria: A cross-sectional population based study
by Markwick, Alison & Ansari, Zahid & Sullivan, Mary & McNeil, John
- 188-200 Neo-Marxian social class inequalities in the mental well-being of employed men and women: The role of European welfare regimes
by De Moortel, Deborah & Palència, Laia & Artazcoz, Lucía & Borrell, Carme & Vanroelen, Christophe
- 202-211 Determinants and disparities: A simulation approach to the case of child health care
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Milne, Barry & Davis, Peter & Pearson, Janet & McLay, Jessica
- 212-219 ‘Who's the guy in the room?’ Involving fathers in antenatal care screening for sickle cell disorders
by Atkin, Karl & Berghs, Maria & Dyson, Simon
- 220-230 Examining the relationship between social support availability, urban center size, and self-perceived mental health of recent immigrants to Canada: A mixed-methods analysis
by Chadwick, Kathryn A. & Collins, Patricia A.
- 231-238 A model for common ground development to support collaborative health communities
by Kuziemsky, Craig E. & O'Sullivan, Tracey L.
- 239-245 Juggling efficiency. An ethnographic study exploring healthcare seeking practices and institutional logics in Danish primary care settings
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Vedsted, Peter
- 246-254 One-year reciprocal relationship between community participation and mental wellbeing in Australia: A panel analysis
by Ding, Ning & Berry, Helen L. & O'Brien, Léan V.
- 255-262 International clinical trials, cardiovascular disease and treatment options in the Russian Federation: Research and treatment in practice
by Zvonareva, Olga & Engel, Nora & Martsevich, Sergey & de Wert, Guido & Horstman, Klasien
- 263-271 Therapeutic landscapes and living with breast cancer: The lived experiences of Thai women
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Suwankhong, Dusanee
- 273-281 “I won't call it rationing…”: An ethnographic study of healthcare disinvestment in theory and practice
by Rooshenas, Leila & Owen-Smith, Amanda & Hollingworth, William & Badrinath, Padmanabhan & Beynon, Claire & Donovan, Jenny L.
- 282-289 Heat protection behaviors and positive affect about heat during the 2013 heat wave in the United Kingdom
by Lefevre, Carmen E. & Bruine de Bruin, Wändi & Taylor, Andrea L. & Dessai, Suraje & Kovats, Sari & Fischhoff, Baruch
- 290-300 Prioritization and the elusive effect on welfare – A Norwegian health care reform revisited
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kjerstad, Egil
- 301-308 It takes a giraffe to see the big picture – Citizens' view on decision makers in health care rationing
by Broqvist, Mari & Garpenby, Peter
- 309-315 Short horizons and obesity futures: Disjunctures between public health interventions and everyday temporalities
by Warin, Megan & Zivkovic, Tanya & Moore, Vivienne & Ward, Paul R. & Jones, Michelle
- 316-326 Income inequality and health: A causal review
by Pickett, Kate E. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 347-355 Does early-life income inequality predict self-reported health in later life? Evidence from the United States
by Lillard, Dean R. & Burkhauser, Richard V. & Hahn, Markus H. & Wilkins, Roger