Social Science & Medicine
2015, Volume 129, Issue C
- 113-122 The global condition of epidemics: Panoramas in A (H1N1) influenza and their consequences for One World One Health programme
by Tirado, Francisco & Gómez, Andrés & Rocamora, Verónica
- 123-130 One-health approach as counter-measure against “autoimmune” responses in biosecurity
by Mutsaers, Inge
2015, Volume 128, Issue C
- 1-9 The impact of pecuniary and non-pecuniary incentives for attracting young doctors to rural general practice
by Holte, Jon Helgheim & Kjaer, Trine & Abelsen, Birgit & Olsen, Jan Abel
- 10-17 Incentives for breastfeeding and for smoking cessation in pregnancy: An exploration of types and meanings
by Crossland, Nicola & Thomson, Gill & Morgan, Heather & Dombrowski, Stephan U. & Hoddinott, Pat
- 18-24 Boundary objects in complementary and alternative medicine: Acupuncture vs. Christian Science
by Owens, Kellie
- 25-30 The association of BMI and social distance towards obese individuals is mediated by sympathy and understanding
by Sikorski, Claudia & Luppa, Melanie & Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Schomerus, Georg & Link, Bruce & Riedel-Heller, Steffi G.
- 31-35 Monetizing illness: The influence of disability assistance priming on how we evaluate the health symptoms of others
by O'Brien, Rourke L.
- 36-42 Ethnic discrimination predicts poor self-rated health and cortisol in pregnancy: Insights from New Zealand
by Thayer, Zaneta M. & Kuzawa, Christopher W.
- 43-51 The effect of unemployment on self-reported health and mental health in Greece from 2008 to 2013: A longitudinal study before and during the financial crisis
by Drydakis, Nick
- 52-56 Attitudes towards legalising physician provided euthanasia in Britain: The role of religion over time
by Danyliv, Andriy & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 57-66 Examining individual and school characteristics associated with child obesity using a multilevel growth model
by Miyazaki, Yasuo & Stack, Maria
- 67-75 Household and neighborhood conditions partially account for associations between education and physical capacity in the National Health and Aging Trends Study
by Samuel, Laura J. & Glass, Thomas A. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Roth, David L.
- 76-86 Social contact frequency and all-cause mortality: A meta-analysis and meta-regression
by Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J.
- 87-94 The roles of culture and gender in the relationship between divorce and suicide risk: A meta-analysis
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Yousuf, Saman & Chan, Chee Hon & Yung, Tiffany & Wu, Kevin C.-C.
- 95-104 Measurement of social capital in relation to health in low and middle income countries (LMIC): A systematic review
by Agampodi, Thilini Chanchala & Agampodi, Suneth Buddhika & Glozier, Nicholas & Siribaddana, Sisira
- 105-114 Grandparental help in Indonesia is directed preferentially towards needier descendants: A potential confounder when exploring grandparental influences on child health
by Snopkowski, Kristin & Sear, Rebecca
- 115-125 Seeking fluid possibility and solid ground: Space and movement in mental health service users' experiences of ‘crisis’
by McGrath, Laura & Reavey, Paula
- 126-133 Exploring opportunities for healthy aging among older persons with a history of homelessness in Toronto, Canada
by Waldbrook, Natalie
- 134-141 Action on the social determinants of health: Views from inside the policy process
by Carey, Gemma & Crammond, Brad
- 142-150 Does regulatory fit lead to more effective health communication? A systematic review
by Ludolph, Ramona & Schulz, Peter J.
- 151-158 Gaps in knowledge: Tracking and explaining gender differences in health information seeking
by Manierre, Matthew J.
- 159-167 Resilience in the face of post-election violence in Kenya: The mediating role of social networks on wellbeing among older people in the Korogocho informal settlement, Nairobi
by Bennett, Rachel & Chepngeno-Langat, Gloria & Evandrou, Maria & Falkingham, Jane
- 168-177 The moderating effect of self-efficacy on normal-weight, overweight, and obese children's math achievement: A longitudinal analysis
by Kranjac, Ashley Wendell
- 178-187 Social determinants and psychological distress among Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander adults in the Australian state of Victoria: A cross-sectional population based study
by Markwick, Alison & Ansari, Zahid & Sullivan, Mary & McNeil, John
- 188-200 Neo-Marxian social class inequalities in the mental well-being of employed men and women: The role of European welfare regimes
by De Moortel, Deborah & Palència, Laia & Artazcoz, Lucía & Borrell, Carme & Vanroelen, Christophe
- 202-211 Determinants and disparities: A simulation approach to the case of child health care
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Milne, Barry & Davis, Peter & Pearson, Janet & McLay, Jessica
- 212-219 ‘Who's the guy in the room?’ Involving fathers in antenatal care screening for sickle cell disorders
by Atkin, Karl & Berghs, Maria & Dyson, Simon
- 220-230 Examining the relationship between social support availability, urban center size, and self-perceived mental health of recent immigrants to Canada: A mixed-methods analysis
by Chadwick, Kathryn A. & Collins, Patricia A.
- 231-238 A model for common ground development to support collaborative health communities
by Kuziemsky, Craig E. & O'Sullivan, Tracey L.
- 239-245 Juggling efficiency. An ethnographic study exploring healthcare seeking practices and institutional logics in Danish primary care settings
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Vedsted, Peter
- 246-254 One-year reciprocal relationship between community participation and mental wellbeing in Australia: A panel analysis
by Ding, Ning & Berry, Helen L. & O'Brien, Léan V.
- 255-262 International clinical trials, cardiovascular disease and treatment options in the Russian Federation: Research and treatment in practice
by Zvonareva, Olga & Engel, Nora & Martsevich, Sergey & de Wert, Guido & Horstman, Klasien
- 263-271 Therapeutic landscapes and living with breast cancer: The lived experiences of Thai women
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Suwankhong, Dusanee
- 273-281 “I won't call it rationing…”: An ethnographic study of healthcare disinvestment in theory and practice
by Rooshenas, Leila & Owen-Smith, Amanda & Hollingworth, William & Badrinath, Padmanabhan & Beynon, Claire & Donovan, Jenny L.
- 282-289 Heat protection behaviors and positive affect about heat during the 2013 heat wave in the United Kingdom
by Lefevre, Carmen E. & Bruine de Bruin, Wändi & Taylor, Andrea L. & Dessai, Suraje & Kovats, Sari & Fischhoff, Baruch
- 290-300 Prioritization and the elusive effect on welfare – A Norwegian health care reform revisited
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kjerstad, Egil
- 301-308 It takes a giraffe to see the big picture – Citizens' view on decision makers in health care rationing
by Broqvist, Mari & Garpenby, Peter
- 309-315 Short horizons and obesity futures: Disjunctures between public health interventions and everyday temporalities
by Warin, Megan & Zivkovic, Tanya & Moore, Vivienne & Ward, Paul R. & Jones, Michelle
- 316-326 Income inequality and health: A causal review
by Pickett, Kate E. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 347-355 Does early-life income inequality predict self-reported health in later life? Evidence from the United States
by Lillard, Dean R. & Burkhauser, Richard V. & Hahn, Markus H. & Wilkins, Roger
- 356-365 Should age-period-cohort studies return to the methodologies of the 1970s?
by Reither, Eric N. & Masters, Ryan K. & Yang, Yang Claire & Powers, Daniel A. & Zheng, Hui & Land, Kenneth C.
- 366-373 Explaining mental health disparities for non-monosexual women: Abuse history and risky sex, or the burdens of non-disclosure?
by Persson, Tonje J. & Pfaus, James G. & Ryder, Andrew G.
2015, Volume 127, Issue C
- 8-18 Trends and group differences in the association between educational attainment and U.S. adult mortality: Implications for understanding education's causal influence
by Hayward, Mark D. & Hummer, Robert A. & Sasson, Isaac
- 19-28 Trends in education gradients of ‘preventable’ mortality: A test of fundamental cause theory
by Masters, Ryan K. & Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo C.
- 29-40 A meta-analysis of education effects on chronic disease: The causal dynamics of the Population Education Transition Curve
by Smith, William C. & Anderson, Emily & Salinas, Daniel & Horvatek, Renata & Baker, David P.
- 41-50 Cohort changes in educational disparities in smoking: France, Germany and the United States
by Pampel, Fred & Legleye, Stephane & Goffette, Céline & Piontek, Daniela & Kraus, Ludwig & Khlat, Myriam
- 51-62 Variations in the relation between education and cause-specific mortality in 19 European populations: A test of the “fundamental causes” theory of social inequalities in health
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Kulhánová, Ivana & Bopp, Matthias & Deboosere, Patrick & Eikemo, Terje A. & Hoffmann, Rasmus & Kulik, Margarete C. & Leinsalu, Mall & Martikainen, Pekka & Menvielle, Gwenn & Regidor, Enrique & Wojtyniak, Bogdan & Östergren, Olof & Lundberg, Olle
- 63-73 When does education matter? The protective effect of education for cohorts graduating in bad times
by Cutler, David M. & Huang, Wei & Lleras-Muney, Adriana
- 74-82 Compulsory schooling reforms, education and mortality in twentieth century Europe
by Gathmann, Christina & Jürges, Hendrik & Reinhold, Steffen
- 83-91 Does more education lead to better health habits? Evidence from the school reforms in Australia
by Li, Jinhu & Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 92-100 Education and health knowledge: Evidence from UK compulsory schooling reform
by Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A. & Suziedelyte, Agne
- 101-107 New evidence of the effects of education on health in the US: Compulsory schooling laws revisited
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 108-115 The effect of increased primary schooling on adult women's HIV status in Malawi and Uganda: Universal Primary Education as a natural experiment
by Behrman, Julia Andrea
- 116-123 Can universal pre-kindergarten programs improve population health and longevity? Mechanisms, evidence, and policy implications
by Muennig, Peter
- 124-133 Are literacy skills associated with young adults' health in Africa? Evidence from Malawi
by Smith-Greenaway, Emily
- 134-142 Education and mortality among older adults in China
by Luo, Ye & Zhang, Zhenmei & Gu, Danan
- 143-149 A blunted diurnal cortisol response in the lower educated does not explain educational differences in coronary heart disease: Findings from the AGES-Reykjavik Study
by Groffen, Daniëlle A.I. & Bosma, Hans & Koster, Annemarie & von Bonsdorff, Mikaela B. & Aspelund, Thor & Eiriksdottir, Gudny & Penninx, Brenda W.J.H. & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M. & Kirschbaum, Clemens & Gudnason, Vilmundur & Harris, Tamara B.
- 150-158 Genetic vulnerability to diabetes and obesity: Does education offset the risk?
by Liu, S.Y. & Walter, S. & Marden, J. & Rehkopf, D.H. & Kubzansky, L.D. & Nguyen, T. & Glymour, M.M.
- 159-170 Can education rescue genetic liability for cognitive decline?
by Cook, C. Justin & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 171-180 What can genes tell us about the relationship between education and health?
by Boardman, Jason D. & Domingue, Benjamin W. & Daw, Jonathan
- 181-189 Schooling has smaller or insignificant effects on adult health in the US than suggested by cross-sectional associations: New estimates using relatively large samples of identical twins
by Amin, Vikesh & Behrman, Jere R. & Kohler, Hans-Peter
- 190-197 Cross-sectional schooling-health associations misrepresented causal schooling effects on adult health and health-related behaviors: Evidence from the Chinese Adults Twins Survey
by Behrman, Jere R. & Xiong, Yanyan & Zhang, Junsen
- 203-205 Educational attainment and life expectancy: A perspective from the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research
by Spittel, Michael L. & Riley, William T. & Kaplan, Robert M.
2015, Volume 126, Issue C
- 1-8 What binds biosociality? The collective effervescence of the parent-led conference
by Dimond, Rebecca & Bartlett, Andrew & Lewis, Jamie
- 9-16 Latent and manifest empiricism in Q'eqchi' Maya healing: A case study of HIV/AIDS
by Waldram, James B. & Hatala, Andrew R.
- 17-25 Interdisciplinary promises versus practices in medicine: The decoupled experiences of social sciences and humanities scholars
by Albert, Mathieu & Paradis, Elise & Kuper, Ayelet
- 26-35 Inequalities in social capital and health between people with and without disabilities
by Mithen, Johanna & Aitken, Zoe & Ziersch, Anne & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 36-47 The impact of using computer decision-support software in primary care nurse-led telephone triage: Interactional dilemmas and conversational consequences
by Murdoch, Jamie & Barnes, Rebecca & Pooler, Jillian & Lattimer, Valerie & Fletcher, Emily & Campbell, John L.
- 48-58 Practices used for recommending sickness certification by general practitioners: A conversation analytic study of UK primary care consultations
by Wheat, Hannah C. & Barnes, Rebecca K. & Byng, Richard
- 59-66 A not so happy day after all: Excess death rates on birthdays in the U.S
by Peña, Pablo A.
- 67-72 Addressing the unemployment–mortality conundrum: Non-linearity is the answer
by Bonamore, Giorgio & Carmignani, Fabrizio & Colombo, Emilio
- 73-85 Portraying mental illness and drug addiction as treatable health conditions: Effects of a randomized experiment on stigma and discrimination
by McGinty, Emma E. & Goldman, Howard H. & Pescosolido, Bernice & Barry, Colleen L.
- 86-98 Lived experience of acute gastrointestinal illness in Rigolet, Nunatsiavut: “Just suffer through it”
by Harper, Sherilee L. & Edge, Victoria L. & Ford, James & Thomas, M. Kate & McEwen, Scott A.
- 99-109 Constrained choices? Linking employees' and spouses' work time to health behaviors
by Fan, Wen & Lam, Jack & Moen, Phyllis & Kelly, Erin & King, Rosalind & McHale, Susan
- 110-118 “I used to be as fit as a linnet” – Beliefs, attitudes, and environmental supportiveness for physical activity in former mining areas in the North-East of England
by Rind, Esther & Jones, Andy
- 119-127 Scaling up nutrition in fragile and conflict-affected states: The pivotal role of governance
by Taylor, Sebastian A.J. & Perez-Ferrer, Carolina & Griffiths, Andrew & Brunner, Eric
- 128-137 Public views on principles for health care priority setting: Findings of a European cross-country study using Q methodology
by van Exel, Job & Baker, Rachel & Mason, Helen & Donaldson, Cam & Brouwer, Werner
- 138-144 Do time-invariant confounders explain away the association between job stress and workers' mental health?: Evidence from Japanese occupational panel data
by Oshio, Takashi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Inoue, Akiomi
- 145-153 Early childhood WIC participation, cognitive development and academic achievement
by Jackson, Margot I.
- 154-163 Inequities in health care utilization by people aged 50+: Evidence from 12 European countries
by Terraneo, Marco
- 164-168 Racial resentment and smoking
by Samson, Frank L.
- 169-176 Structural adjustment and public spending on health: Evidence from IMF programs in low-income countries
by Kentikelenis, Alexander E. & Stubbs, Thomas H. & King, Lawrence P.
2015, Volume 125, Issue C
- 8-18 The front line of social capital creation – A natural experiment in symbolic interaction
by Patulny, Roger & Siminski, Peter & Mendolia, Silvia
- 19-31 Choosing your network: Social preferences in an online health community
by Centola, Damon & van de Rijt, Arnout
- 32-39 Siblings, friends, course-mates, club-mates: How adolescent health behavior homophily varies by race, class, gender, and health status
by Daw, Jonathan & Margolis, Rachel & Verdery, Ashton M.
- 40-50 Mental health and social networks in early adolescence: A dynamic study of objectively-measured social interaction behaviors
by Pachucki, Mark C. & Ozer, Emily J. & Barrat, Alain & Cattuto, Ciro
- 51-59 Reprint of: Results from using a new dyadic-dependence model to analyze sociocentric physician networks
by Paul, Sudeshna & Keating, Nancy L. & Landon, Bruce E. & O’Malley, A. James
- 60-78 Social networks and health: A systematic review of sociocentric network studies in low- and middle-income countries
by Perkins, Jessica M. & Subramanian, S.V. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 79-93 Challenges to recruiting population representative samples of female sex workers in China using Respondent Driven Sampling
by Merli, M. Giovanna & Moody, James & Smith, Jeffrey & Li, Jing & Weir, Sharon & Chen, Xiangsheng
- 94-106 The health benefits of network growth: New evidence from a national survey of older adults
by Cornwell, Benjamin & Laumann, Edward O.
- 107-115 The mix matters: Complex personal networks relate to higher cognitive functioning in old age
by Ellwardt, Lea & Van Tilburg, Theo G. & Aartsen, Marja J.
- 129-138 Social network predictors of latrine ownership
by Shakya, Holly B. & Christakis, Nicholas A. & Fowler, James H.
- 139-150 Tragic, but not random: The social contagion of nonfatal gunshot injuries
by Papachristos, Andrew V. & Wildeman, Christopher & Roberto, Elizabeth
- 151-162 Reprint of: The myth of conformity: Adolescents and abstention from unhealthy drinking behaviors
by Rees, Carter & Wallace, Danielle
- 163-172 Neighborhoods and adolescent health-risk behavior: An ecological network approach
by Browning, Christopher R. & Soller, Brian & Jackson, Aubrey L.
- 173-181 Multiplex congruity: Friendship networks and perceived popularity as correlates of adolescent alcohol use
by Fujimoto, Kayo & Valente, Thomas W.
- 182-191 Reprint of: “This is the medicine:” A Kenyan community responds to a sexual concurrency reduction intervention
by Knopf, Amelia & Agot, Kawango & Sidle, John & Naanyu, Violet & Morris, Martina
- 192-202 A new HIV prevention network approach: Sociometric peer change agent selection
by Schneider, John A. & Zhou, A. Ning & Laumann, Edward O.
- 203-213 Leveraging social influence to address overweight and obesity using agent-based models: The role of adolescent social networks
by Zhang, J. & Tong, L. & Lamberson, P.J. & Durazo-Arvizu, R.A. & Luke, A. & Shoham, D.A.
2015, Volume 124, Issue C
- 1-8 Shards of sorrow: Older men's accounts of their depression experience
by Apesoa-Varano, Ester Carolina & Barker, Judith C. & Hinton, Ladson
- 11-17 Childhood psychological distress and youth unemployment: Evidence from two British cohort studies
by Egan, Mark & Daly, Michael & Delaney, Liam
- 18-28 Paying for primary care: A cross-sectional analysis of cost and morbidity distributions across primary care payment models in Ontario Canada
by Rudoler, David & Laporte, Audrey & Barnsley, Janet & Glazier, Richard H. & Deber, Raisa B.
- 29-38 Does informal care impact utilization of healthcare services? Evidence from a longitudinal study of stroke patients
by Torbica, Aleksandra & Calciolari, Stefano & Fattore, Giovanni
- 39-47 Dealing with uncertainty and high prices of new medicines: A comparative analysis of the use of managed entry agreements in Belgium, England, the Netherlands and Sweden
by Ferrario, Alessandra & Kanavos, Panos
- 48-56 Valuing health at the end of life: A stated preference discrete choice experiment
by Shah, Koonal K. & Tsuchiya, Aki & Wailoo, Allan J.
- 57-65 Exploring the feasibility of theory synthesis: A worked example in the field of health related risk-taking
by Pound, Pandora & Campbell, Rona
- 66-75 The physical and social determinants of mortality in the 3.11 tsunami
by Aldrich, Daniel P. & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 76-84 The determinants of dentists' productivity and the measurement of output
by Gutacker, Nils & Harris, Anthony & Brennan, David & Hollingsworth, Bruce
- 85-93 Sick of our loans: Student borrowing and the mental health of young adults in the United States
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Gee, Gilbert C. & Gentile, Danielle
- 94-102 Willingness to pay for telecare programmes to support independent living: Results from a contingent valuation study
by Callan, Aoife & O'Shea, Eamon
- 103-114 Changing handwashing behaviour in southern Ethiopia: A longitudinal study on infrastructural and commitment interventions
by Contzen, Nadja & Meili, Iara Helena & Mosler, Hans-Joachim
- 115-120 Cost sharing and hospitalizations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions
by Arrieta, Alejandro & García-Prado, Ariadna
- 121-131 Is temporary employment damaging to health? A longitudinal study on Italian workers
by Pirani, Elena & Salvini, Silvana
- 132-141 Racial/ethnic differences in use of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana: Is there a cross-over from adolescence to adulthood?
by Keyes, Katherine M. & Vo, Thomas & Wall, Melanie M. & Caetano, Raul & Suglia, Shakira F. & Martins, Silvia S. & Galea, Sandro & Hasin, Deborah
- 142-151 Mental health inequalities in 9 former Soviet Union countries: Evidence from the previous decade
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & McKee, Martin
- 152-161 Environmental disorder and functional decline among older adults: A layered context approach
by Schafer, Markus H. & Upenieks, Laura
- 162-170 Mental health and general wellness in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike
by Lowe, Sarah R. & Joshi, Spruha & Pietrzak, Robert H. & Galea, Sandro & Cerdá, Magdalena
- 171-179 Are neighborhood bonding and bridging social capital protective against depressive mood in old age? A multilevel analysis in Japan
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Nofuji, Yu & Matsuo, Eri & Nishi, Mariko & Taniguchi, Yu & Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Shinkai, Shoji
- 180-186 Prestige rankings of chronic diseases and disabilities. A survey among professionals in the disability field
by Grue, Jan & Johannessen, Lars E.F. & Rasmussen, Erik Fossan
- 187-195 Social norms and its correlates as a pathway to smoking among young Latino adults
by Echeverría, Sandra E. & Gundersen, Daniel A. & Manderski, Michelle T.B. & Delnevo, Cristine D.
- 196-204 Framing in policy processes: A case study from hospital planning in the National Health Service in England
by Jones, Lorelei & Exworthy, Mark
- 205-214 Developing empirically supported theories of change for housing investment and health
by Thomson, Hilary & Thomas, Sian
- 215-223 When does marketisation lead to privatisation? Profit-making in English health services after the 2012 Health and Social Care Act
by Krachler, Nick & Greer, Ian
- 224-231 Hybridity as a process of technology's ‘translation’: Customizing a national Electronic Patient Record
by Petrakaki, Dimitra & Klecun, Ela
- 232-240 Do community health workers perceive mechanisms associated with the success of community case management of malaria? A qualitative study from Burkina Faso
by Druetz, Thomas & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Haddad, Slim & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry
- 241-245 Implementation of effective cigarette health warning labels among low and middle income countries: State capacity, path-dependency and tobacco industry activity
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Glantz, Stanton A.
- 246-256 The impact of interventions to promote physical activity in urban green space: A systematic review and recommendations for future research
by Hunter, Ruth F. & Christian, Hayley & Veitch, Jenny & Astell-Burt, Thomas & Hipp, J.Aaron & Schipperijn, Jasper
- 257-265 The effect of traffic lights and regulatory statements on the choice between complementary and conventional medicines in Australia: Results from a discrete choice experiment
by Spinks, Jean & Mortimer, Duncan
- 266-274 Exploring complex causal pathways between urban renewal, health and health inequality using a theory-driven realist approach
by Mehdipanah, Roshanak & Manzano, Ana & Borrell, Carme & Malmusi, Davide & Rodriguez-Sanz, Maica & Greenhalgh, Joanne & Muntaner, Carles & Pawson, Ray
- 275-283 Increase in frailty of older workers and retirees predicted by negative psychosocial working conditions on the job
by Kalousova, Lucie & Mendes de Leon, Carlos
- 290-297 Perceptions of an ‘international hospital’ in Thailand by medical travel patients: Cross-cultural tensions in a transnational space
by Whittaker, Andrea & Chee, Heng Leng
- 298-304 Brief encounters: Assembling cosmetic surgery tourism
by Holliday, Ruth & Bell, David & Cheung, Olive & Jones, Meredith & Probyn, Elspeth
- 305-312 Solidarity by demand? Exit and voice in international medical travel – The case of Indonesia
by Ormond, Meghann
- 313-320 South–South medical tourism and the quest for health in Southern Africa
by Crush, Jonathan & Chikanda, Abel
- 321-330 Health region development from the perspective of system theory – An empirical cross-regional case study
by Volgger, Michael & Mainil, Tomas & Pechlaner, Harald & Mitas, Ondrej
- 331-337 Reprint of: Dream vs. reality: Seven case-studies on the desirability and feasibility of cross-border hospital collaboration in Europe
by Glinos, Irene A. & Baeten, Rita
- 338-345 International patients within the NHS: A case of public sector entrepreneurialism
by Lunt, Neil & Exworthy, Mark & Hanefeld, Johanna & Smith, Richard D.
- 346-355 Transnational healthcare practices of Romanian migrants in Ireland: Inequalities of access and the privatisation of healthcare services in Europe
by Stan, Sabina
- 356-363 Why do medical tourists travel to where they do? The role of networks in determining medical travel
by Hanefeld, J. & Lunt, N. & Smith, R. & Horsfall, D.
- 364-373 Cross-border mobility and social networks: Laotians seeking medical treatment along the Thai border
by Bochaton, Audrey
- 374-382 International migration of health professionals and the marketization and privatization of health education in India: From push–pull to global political economy
by Walton-Roberts, Margaret
- 383-390 Transnational surrogacy: Canada's contradictions
by Lozanski, Kristin
- 391-397 Cross-border reproductive care for law evasion: A qualitative study into the experiences and moral perspectives of French women who go to Belgium for treatment with donor sperm
by Van Hoof, Wannes & Pennings, Guido & De Sutter, Petra
2014, Volume 123, Issue C
- 1-6 Inequalities in institutional delivery uptake and maternal mortality reduction in the context of cash incentive program, Janani Suraksha Yojana: Results from nine states in India
by Randive, Bharat & San Sebastian, Miguel & De Costa, Ayesha & Lindholm, Lars
- 7-17 Exploring stigmatisation among people diagnosed with either bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder: A critical realist analysis
by Bonnington, Oliver & Rose, Diana
- 18-25 Effects of infant health on family food insecurity: Evidence from two U.S. birth cohort studies
by Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 26-36 Pathways between acculturation and health behaviors among residents of low-income housing: The mediating role of social and contextual factors
by Allen, Jennifer Dacey & Caspi, Caitlin & Yang, May & Leyva, Bryan & Stoddard, Anne M. & Tamers, Sara & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Sorensen, Glorian C.
- 37-44 Applying the contact hypothesis to anti-fat attitudes: Contact with overweight people is related to how we interact with our bodies and those of others
by Alperin, Anandi & Hornsey, Matthew J. & Hayward, Lydia E. & Diedrichs, Phillippa C. & Barlow, Fiona Kate
- 45-54 A retrospective health policy analysis of the development and implementation of the voluntary health insurance system in Lebanon: Learning from failure
by El-Jardali, Fadi & Bou-Karroum, Lama & Ataya, Nour & El-Ghali, Hana Addam & Hammoud, Rawan
- 55-63 The socioeconomic gradient in physical inactivity: Evidence from one million adults in England
by Farrell, Lisa & Hollingsworth, Bruce & Propper, Carol & Shields, Michael A.
- 64-71 The doctor–patient relationship, defensive medicine and overprescription in Chinese public hospitals: Evidence from a cross-sectional survey in Shenzhen city
by He, Alex Jingwei
- 72-81 Nutritional strategies of Latino farmworker families with preschool children: Identifying leverage points for obesity prevention
by Quandt, Sara A. & Grzywacz, Joseph G. & Trejo, Grisel & Arcury, Thomas A.
- 82-89 When ‘breast’ is no longer ‘best’: Post-partum constructions of infant-feeding in the hospital
by Braimoh, Jessica & Davies, Lorraine
- 90-95 Social network analysis of public health programs to measure partnership
by Schoen, Martin W. & Moreland-Russell, Sarah & Prewitt, Kim & Carothers, Bobbi J.
- 96-104 The effects of performance incentives on the utilization and quality of maternal and child care in Burundi
by Bonfrer, Igna & Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 105-113 Adherence to anti-depressant medication: A medicine-taking career
by Buus, Niels
- 114-124 Changes in health selection of obesity among Mexican immigrants: A binational examination
by Ro, Annie & Fleischer, Nancy
- 125-132 Moving beyond the historical quagmire of measuring infant mortality for the First Nations population in Canada
by Elias, Brenda
- 133-140 Long-term psychiatric consequences of exposure to trauma in Cambodia: A regional household survey
by Cantor-Graae, Elizabeth & Chak, Thida & Sunbaunat, Ka & Jarl, Johan & Larsson, Charlotte A.
- 141-148 Birth order and physical fitness in early adulthood: Evidence from Swedish military conscription data
by Barclay, Kieron & Myrskylä, Mikko
- 149-159 Experiences of stigma and discrimination of people with schizophrenia in India
by Koschorke, Mirja & Padmavati, R. & Kumar, Shuba & Cohen, Alex & Weiss, Helen A. & Chatterjee, Sudipto & Pereira, Jesina & Naik, Smita & John, Sujit & Dabholkar, Hamid & Balaji, Madhumitha & Chavan, Animish & Varghese, Mathew & Thara, R. & Thornicroft, Graham & Patel, Vikram
- 168-173 The role of civil society in health care reforms: An arena for hegemonic struggles
by Filc, Dani
- 174-181 Public or private? The role of the state and civil society in health and health inequalities across nations
by Olafsdottir, Sigrun & Bakhtiari, Elyas & Barman, Emily
- 182-193 The potential of social enterprise to enhance health and well-being: A model and systematic review
by Roy, Michael J. & Donaldson, Cam & Baker, Rachel & Kerr, Susan
- 194-201 Taking part: Engaging knowledge on health in clinical encounters
by Nunes, João Arriscado & Ferreira, Patrícia & Queirós, Filipa
- 202-209 The voluntary sector and health policy: The role of national level health consumer and patients' organisations in the UK
by Baggott, Rob & Jones, Kathryn
- 210-216 Civil society and the Health and Social Care Act in England and Wales: Theory and praxis for the twenty-first century
by Scambler, Graham & Scambler, Sasha & Speed, Ewen
- 217-225 Self-help friendliness: A German approach for strengthening the cooperation between self-help groups and health care professionals
by Kofahl, Christopher & Trojan, Alf & Knesebeck, Olaf von dem & Nickel, Stefan
- 226-233 Citizen participation and discontent in three Southern European health systems
by Serapioni, Mauro & Matos, Ana Raquel
- 234-241 Civil society, third sector, and healthcare: The case of social cooperatives in Italy
by Borzaga, Carlo & Fazzi, Luca
- 242-249 Self-help/mutual aid as active citizenship associations: A case-study of the chronically ill in Italy
by Giarelli, Guido & Spina, Elena
- 250-261 Governing through community-based research: Lessons from the Canadian HIV research sector
by Guta, Adrian & Strike, Carol & Flicker, Sarah & J. Murray, Stuart & Upshur, Ross & Myers, Ted
- 262-268 Engaging civil society through deliberative dialogue to create the first Mental Health Strategy for Canada: Changing Directions, Changing Lives
by Mulvale, Gillian & Chodos, Howard & Bartram, Mary & MacKinnon, Mary Pat & Abud, Manon
- 269-277 To whom do bureaucrats need to respond? Two faces of civil society in health policy
by Lim, Seunghoo & Lee, Keon-Hyung & Suh, Hae Sun & Bae, Kwi-Hee
- 278-286 Does more equitable governance lead to more equitable health care? A case study based on the implementation of health reform in Aboriginal health Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Sabanovic, Hana & La Brooy, Camille & Lock, Mark & Lusher, Dean & Brown, Larry
- 287-294 The role of civil society organizations in the institutionalization of indigenous medicine in Bolivia
by Babis, Deby
2014, Volume 122, Issue C
- 1-12 Vital places: Facilitators of behavioral and social health mechanisms in low-income neighborhoods
by Walton, Emily
- 13-20 The social dynamics of healthy food shopping and store choice in an urban environment
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Hillier, Amy & Karpyn, Allison & Glanz, Karen
- 21-30 Newborn care practices in rural Bangladesh: Implications for the adaptation of kangaroo mother care for community-based interventions
by Hunter, Erin C. & Callaghan-Koru, Jennifer A. & Al Mahmud, Abdullah & Shah, Rashed & Farzin, Azadeh & Cristofalo, Elizabeth A. & Akhter, Sadika & Baqui, Abdullah H.
- 31-43 The impending globalization of ADHD: Notes on the expansion and growth of a medicalized disorder
by Conrad, Peter & Bergey, Meredith R.
- 44-52 ‘Every bone of my body:’ Domestic violence and the diagnostic body
by Sweet, Paige L.
- 53-62 Leadership networks in Catholic parishes: Implications for implementation research in health
by Negrón, Rosalyn & Leyva, Bryan & Allen, Jennifer & Ospino, Hosffman & Tom, Laura & Rustan, Sarah
- 63-71 Healthcare organization–education partnerships and career ladder programs for health care workers
by Dill, Janette S. & Chuang, Emmeline & Morgan, Jennifer C.
- 72-80 Standardization as situation-specific achievement: Regulatory diversity and the production of value in intercontinental collaborations in stem cell medicine
by Rosemann, Achim
- 81-89 Do institutional logics predict interpretation of contract rules at the dental chair-side?
by Harris, Rebecca & Brown, Stephen & Holt, Robin & Perkins, Elizabeth
- 90-102 Politics drives human functioning, dignity, and quality of life
by Barber, Brian K. & Spellings, Carolyn & McNeely, Clea & Page, Paul D. & Giacaman, Rita & Arafat, Cairo & Daher, Mahmoud & El Sarraj, Eyad & Mallouh, Mohammed Abu
- 103-112 The National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana's Upper West Region: A gendered perspective of insurance acquisition in a resource-poor setting
by Dixon, Jenna & Luginaah, Isaac & Mkandawire, Paul
- 113-121 How do dual practitioners divide their time? The cases of three African capital cities
by McPake, Barbara & Russo, Giuliano & Tseng, Fu-Min
- 122-129 Racial/ethnic residential segregation, neighborhood poverty and urinary biomarkers of diet in New York City adults
by Yi, Stella S. & Ruff, Ryan R. & Jung, Molly & Waddell, Elizabeth Needham
- 130-139 Public engagement in priority-setting: Results from a pan-Canadian survey of decision-makers in cancer control
by Regier, Dean A. & Bentley, Colene & Mitton, Craig & Bryan, Stirling & Burgess, Michael M. & Chesney, Ellen & Coldman, Andy & Gibson, Jennifer & Hoch, Jeffrey & Rahman, Syed & Sabharwal, Mona & Sawka, Carol & Schuckel, Victoria & Peacock, Stuart J.
- 140-147 Contextualizing online human milk sharing: Structural factors and lactation disparity among middle income women in the U.S
by Palmquist, Aunchalee E.L. & Doehler, Kirsten
- 148-156 Adult children's socioeconomic positions and their parents' mortality: A comparison of education, occupational class, and income
by Torssander, Jenny
2014, Volume 121, Issue C
- 1-9 In search of links between social capital, mental health and sociotherapy: A longitudinal study in Rwanda
by Verduin, Femke & Smid, Geert E. & Wind, Tim R. & Scholte, Willem F.
- 10-20 The effects of marriage and separation on the psychotropic medication use of non-married cohabiters: A register-based longitudinal study among adult Finns
by Metsä-Simola, Niina & Martikainen, Pekka
- 21-28 Self-assessed health: What does it mean and what does it hide?
by Au, Nicole & Johnston, David W.
- 30-38 ‘Scaling-up is a craft not a science’: Catalysing scale-up of health innovations in Ethiopia, India and Nigeria
by Spicer, Neil & Bhattacharya, Dipankar & Dimka, Ritgak & Fanta, Feleke & Mangham-Jefferies, Lindsay & Schellenberg, Joanna & Tamire-Woldemariam, Addis & Walt, Gill & Wickremasinghe, Deepthi
- 39-47 Adolescent socio-economic and school-based social status, health and well-being
by Sweeting, Helen & Hunt, Kate
- 48-55 Right to health, essential medicines, and lawsuits for access to medicines – A scoping study
by Vargas-Peláez, Claudia Marcela & Rover, Marina Raijche Mattozo & Leite, Silvana Nair & Rossi Buenaventura, Francisco & Farias, Mareni Rocha
- 56-64 Retaining rural doctors: Doctors' preferences for rural medical workforce incentives
by Li, Jinhu & Scott, Anthony & McGrail, Matthew & Humphreys, John & Witt, Julia
- 65-73 The effect of chronic pain on life satisfaction: Evidence from Australian data
by McNamee, Paul & Mendolia, Silvia