Social Science & Medicine
2014, Volume 118, Issue C
- 135-142 Predictors of suicides occurring within suicide clusters in Australia, 2004–2008
by Derek Cheung, Yee Tak & Spittal, Matthew J. & Williamson, Michelle Kate & Tung, Sui Jay & Pirkis, Jane
- 143-151 Social status and biological dysregulation: The “status syndrome” and allostatic load
by Seeman, Melvin & Stein Merkin, Sharon & Karlamangla, Arun & Koretz, Brandon & Seeman, Teresa
- 152-158 Stigma and the perpetuation of obesity
by Brewis, Alexandra A.
- 159-165 Colonization of later life? Laypersons' and users' agency regarding anti-aging medicine in Germany
by Schweda, Mark & Pfaller, Larissa
- 166-172 The association between psychosocial stress and mortality is mediated by lifestyle and chronic diseases: The Hoorn Study
by Rutters, Femke & Pilz, Stefan & Koopman, Anitra D. & Rauh, Simone P. & Te Velde, Saskia J. & Stehouwer, Coen D. & Elders, Petra J. & Nijpels, Giel & Dekker, Jacqueline M.
- 173-180 Dependency denied: Health inequalities in the neo-liberal era
by Peacock, Marian & Bissell, Paul & Owen, Jenny
- 182-190 Are the educational differences in incidence of cardiovascular disease explained by underlying familial factors? A twin study
by Madsen, Mia & Andersen, Per K. & Gerster, Mette & Andersen, Anne-Marie N. & Christensen, Kaare & Osler, Merete
2014, Volume 117, Issue C
- 1-9 Is self-rated health a stable and predictive factor for allostatic load in early adulthood? Findings from the Nord Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT)
by Vie, Tina Løkke & Hufthammer, Karl Ove & Holmen, Turid Lingaas & Meland, Eivind & Breidablik, Hans Johan
- 10-17 Do welfare regimes influence the association between disability and self-perceived health? A multilevel analysis of 57 countries
by Foubert, Josephine & Levecque, Katia & Van Rossem, Ronan & Romagnoli, Alessia
- 18-24 Dream vs. reality: Seven case-studies on the desirability and feasibility of cross-border hospital collaboration in Europe
by Glinos, Irene A. & Baeten, Rita
- 25-33 The influence of gender equality policies on gender inequalities in health in Europe
by Palència, Laia & Malmusi, Davide & De Moortel, Deborah & Artazcoz, Lucía & Backhans, Mona & Vanroelen, Christophe & Borrell, Carme
- 34-41 Exploring socio-cultural factors that mediate, facilitate, & constrain the health and empowerment of refugee youth
by Edge, Sara & Newbold, K. Bruce & McKeary, Marie
- 42-49 The politics of tuberculosis and HIV service integration in Ghana
by Amo-Adjei, Joshua & Kumi-Kyereme, Akwasi & Fosuah Amo, Hannah & Awusabo-Asare, Kofi
- 50-57 The social life of health records: Understanding families' experiences of autism
by Angell, Amber M. & Solomon, Olga
- 58-66 No association found between cardiovascular mortality, and job demands and decision latitude: Experience from the Västerbotten Intervention Programme in Sweden
by Padyab, Mojgan & Blomstedt, Yulia & Norberg, Margareta
- 67-75 Results from using a new dyadic-dependence model to analyze sociocentric physician networks
by Paul, Sudeshna & Keating, Nancy L. & Landon, Bruce E. & O'Malley, A. James
- 76-85 Suicide and the 2008 economic recession: Who is most at risk? Trends in suicide rates in England and Wales 2001–2011
by Coope, Caroline & Gunnell, David & Hollingworth, William & Hawton, Keith & Kapur, Nav & Fearn, Vanessa & Wells, Claudia & Metcalfe, Chris
- 86-95 Linking governance mechanisms to health outcomes: A review of the literature in low- and middle-income countries
by Ciccone, Dana Karen & Vian, Taryn & Maurer, Lydia & Bradley, Elizabeth H.
- 96-106 ‘It is hard for mums to put themselves first’: How mothers diagnosed with breast cancer manage the sociological boundaries between paid work, family and caring for the self
by Mackenzie, Catherine Ruth
- 107-115 Negotiating jurisdiction in the workplace: A multiple-case study of nurse prescribing in hospital settings
by Kroezen, M. & Mistiaen, P. & van Dijk, L. & Groenewegen, P.P. & Francke, A.L.
- 116-124 Social recovery and the move beyond deficit models of depression: A feminist analysis of mid-life women's self-care practices
by Fullagar, Simone & O'Brien, Wendy
- 125-133 Understanding the adoption dynamics of medical innovations: Affordances of the da Vinci robot in the Netherlands
by Abrishami, Payam & Boer, Albert & Horstman, Klasien
- 134-141 Health system reform in rural China: Voices of healthworkers and service-users
by Zhou, Xu Dong & Li, Lu & Hesketh, Therese
- 142-149 Assessing the potential impact of increased participation in higher education on mortality: Evidence from 21 European populations
by Kulhánová, Ivana & Hoffmann, Rasmus & Judge, Ken & Looman, Caspar W.N. & Eikemo, Terje A. & Bopp, Matthias & Deboosere, Patrick & Leinsalu, Mall & Martikainen, Pekka & Rychtaříková, Jitka & Wojtyniak, Bogdan & Menvielle, Gwenn & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 150-159 The inter-section of political history and health policy in Asia – The historical foundations for health policy analysis
by Grundy, John & Hoban, Elizabeth & Allender, Steve & Annear, Peter
2014, Volume 116, Issue C
- 1-9 Neighborhood context and immigrant children's physical activity
by Brewer, Mackenzie & Kimbro, Rachel Tolbert
- 10-21 How community environment shapes physical activity: Perceptions revealed through the PhotoVoice method
by Belon, Ana Paula & Nieuwendyk, Laura M. & Vallianatos, Helen & Nykiforuk, Candace I.J.
- 22-31 Suicide and the Great Recession of 2007–2009: The role of economic factors in the 50 U.S. states
by Phillips, Julie A. & Nugent, Colleen N.
- 32-40 Consultancy research as a barrier to strengthening social science research capacity in Uganda
by Wight, Daniel & Ahikire, Josephine & Kwesiga, Joy C.
- 41-48 The psychiatric report as moral tool: A case study in a French district court
by Fernandez, Fabrice & Lézé, Samuel
- 49-55 The relationship between parenting, family interaction and childhood dental caries: A case-control study
by de Jong-Lenters, M. & Duijster, D. & Bruist, M.A. & Thijssen, J. & de Ruiter, C.
- 56-63 How might healthcare systems influence speed of cancer diagnosis: A narrative review
by Brown, Sally & Castelli, Michele & Hunter, David J. & Erskine, Jonathan & Vedsted, Peter & Foot, Catherine & Rubin, Greg
- 64-72 Cohort differences in the marriage–health relationship for midlife women
by Newton, Nicky J. & Ryan, Lindsay H. & King, Rachel T. & Smith, Jacqui
- 73-81 The two cultures of health worker migration: A Pacific perspective
by Connell, John
- 82-92 Contribution of streetscape audits to explanation of physical activity in four age groups based on the Microscale Audit of Pedestrian Streetscapes (MAPS)
by Cain, Kelli L. & Millstein, Rachel A. & Sallis, James F. & Conway, Terry L. & Gavand, Kavita A. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Geremia, Carrie M. & Chapman, James & Adams, Marc A. & Glanz, Karen & King, Abby C.
- 93-101 Assessing young people's perceptions of HIV risks in Nyanza, Kenya: Are school and community level factors relevant?
by Tenkorang, Eric Y. & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor
- 102-109 The caregiving bind: Concealing the demands of informal care can undermine the caregiving identity
by Moore, Helen & Gillespie, Alex
- 110-118 At the intersection of sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, and cervical cancer screening: Assessing Pap test use disparities by sex of sexual partners among black, Latina, and white U.S. women
by Agénor, Madina & Krieger, Nancy & Austin, S. Bryn & Haneuse, Sebastien & Gottlieb, Barbara R.
- 119-125 “It's better for me to drink, at least the stress is going away”: Perspectives on alcohol use during pregnancy among South African women attending drinking establishments
by Watt, Melissa H. & Eaton, Lisa A. & Choi, Karmel W. & Velloza, Jennifer & Kalichman, Seth C. & Skinner, Donald & Sikkema, Kathleen J.
- 126-133 Conceptualising time before surgery: The experience of patients waiting for hip replacement
by Johnson, Emma C. & Horwood, Jeremy & Gooberman-Hill, Rachael
- 134-141 A diagnostic illusory? The case of distinguishing between “vegetative” and “minimally conscious” states
by Nettleton, Sarah & Kitzinger, Jenny & Kitzinger, Celia
- 142-149 Adults with autism in India: A mixed-method approach to make meaning of daily routines
by Daley, Tamara C. & Weisner, Thomas & Singhal, Nidhi
- 150-160 An empirical analysis of White privilege, social position and health
by Kwate, Naa Oyo A. & Goodman, Melody S.
- 161-168 Investigating the influence of African American and African Caribbean race on primary care doctors' decision making about depression
by Adams, A. & Vail, L. & Buckingham, C.D. & Kidd, J. & Weich, S. & Roter, D.
- 169-177 HIV prevention and marriage: Peer group effects on condom use acceptability in rural Kenya
by Cordero Coma, Julia
- 178-186 Counselee participation in follow-up breast cancer genetic counselling visits and associations with achievement of the preferred role, cognitive outcomes, risk perception alignment and perceived personal control
by Albada, Akke & Ausems, Margreet G.E.M. & van Dulmen, Sandra
- 187-192 The convergent validity of three surveys as alternative sources of health information to the 2011 UK census
by Taylor, Joanna & Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham
- 193-201 Willingness to pay for publicly financed health care services in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence from six countries based on a contingent valuation method
by Tambor, Marzena & Pavlova, Milena & Rechel, Bernd & Golinowska, Stanisława & Sowada, Christoph & Groot, Wim
- 202-210 Poverty and transitions in health in later life
by Adena, Maja & Myck, Michal
- 211-219 Can counter-advertising reduce pre-adolescent children's susceptibility to front-of-package promotions on unhealthy foods?: Experimental research
by Dixon, Helen & Scully, Maree & Kelly, Bridget & Chapman, Kathy & Wakefield, Melanie
- 225-234 Questions of trust in health research on social capital: What aspects of personal network social capital do they measure?
by Carpiano, Richard M. & Fitterer, Lisa M.
- 241-250 The color of health: Skin color, ethnoracial classification, and discrimination in the health of Latin Americans
by Perreira, Krista M. & Telles, Edward E.
2014, Volume 114, Issue C
- 1-9 Determining and broadening the definition of impact from implementing a rational priority setting approach in a healthcare organization
by Cornelissen, Evelyn & Mitton, Craig & Davidson, Alan & Reid, Colin & Hole, Rachelle & Visockas, Anne-Marie & Smith, Neale
- 10-17 The effect of age and time to death on primary care costs: The Italian experience
by Atella, Vincenzo & Conti, Valentina
- 18-25 How religious status shapes psychological well-being: Cultural consonance as a measure of subcultural status among Brazilian Pentecostals
by François Dengah, H.J.
- 26-37 Discussing race-related limitations of genomic testing for colon cancer risk: Implications for education and counseling
by Butrick, Morgan N. & Vanhusen, Lauren & Leventhal, Kara-Grace & Hooker, Gillian W. & Nusbaum, Rachel & Peshkin, Beth N. & Salehizadeh, Yasmin & Pavlick, Jessica & Schwartz, Marc D. & Graves, Kristi D.
- 38-48 Testing a discrete choice experiment including duration to value health states for large descriptive systems: Addressing design and sampling issues
by Bansback, Nick & Hole, Arne Risa & Mulhern, Brendan & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 49-56 Narratives of continuity among older people with late stage chronic kidney disease who decline dialysis
by Llewellyn, Henry & Low, Joe & Smith, Glenn & Hopkins, Katherine & Burns, Aine & Jones, Louise
- 57-65 Patient and provider perspectives on quality and health system effectiveness in a transition economy: Evidence from Ukraine
by Luck, J. & Peabody, J.W. & DeMaria, L.M. & Alvarado, C.S. & Menon, R.
- 66-72 “There's a higher power, but He gave us a free will”: Socioeconomic status and the intersection of agency and fatalism in infertility
by Bell, Ann V. & Hetterly, Elizabeth
- 73-80 Exploring lay views on physical activity and their implications for public health policy. A case study from East Belfast
by Prior, L. & Scott, D. & Hunter, R. & Donnelly, M. & Tully, M.A. & Cupples, M.E. & Kee, F.
- 81-88 Intra-professional dynamics in translational health research: The perspective of social scientists
by Currie, Graeme & El Enany, Nellie & Lockett, Andy
- 89-96 Costs and consequences of a cash transfer for hospital births in a rural district of Uttar Pradesh, India
by Coffey, Diane
- 97-102 Women's land ownership and risk of HIV infection in Kenya
by Muchomba, Felix M. & Wang, Julia Shu-Huah & Agosta, Laura Maria
- 103-112 Evaluating return on investment in a school based health promotion and prevention program: The investment multiplier for the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden National Program
by Eckermann, Simon & Dawber, James & Yeatman, Heather & Quinsey, Karen & Morris, Darcy
- 113-120 Uneasy subjects: Medical students' conflicts over the pharmaceutical industry
by Holloway, Kelly
- 121-128 Understanding resilience in armed conflict: Social resources and mental health of children in Burundi
by Hall, Brian J. & Tol, Wietse A. & Jordans, Mark J.D. & Bass, Judith & de Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 129-137 Do reviews of healthcare interventions teach us how to improve healthcare systems?
by Pawson, Ray & Greenhalgh, Joanne & Brennan, Cathy & Glidewell, Elizabeth
- 138-150 Understanding the formation and influence of attitudes in patients' treatment choices for lower back pain: Testing the benefits of a hybrid choice model approach
by Kløjgaard, Mirja Elisabeth & Hess, Stephane
- 151-160 A changing epidemiology of suicide? The influence of birth cohorts on suicide rates in the United States
by Phillips, Julie A.
- 161-168 Why do some countries spend more for health? An assessment of sociopolitical determinants and international aid for government health expenditures
by Liang, Li-Lin & Mirelman, Andrew J.
- 169-177 The influence of women's empowerment on maternal health care utilization: Evidence from Albania
by Sado, Lantona & Spaho, Alma & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 178-187 The relationship between happiness and health: Evidence from Italy
by Sabatini, Fabio
- 188-196 Whose social capital matters? The case of U.S. urban public hospital closures and conversions to private ownership
by Ko, Michelle & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Needleman, Jack & Ponce, Ninez A.
2014, Volume 113, Issue C
- 1-4 Health worker performance in rural health organizations in low- and middle-income countries: Do organizational factors predict non-task performance?
by Jayasuriya, Rohan & Jayasinghe, Upali W. & Wang, Qian
- 5-14 Valuing QALYs at the end of life
by Pinto-Prades, Jose-Luis & Sánchez-Martínez, Fernando-Ignacio & Corbacho, Belen & Baker, Rachel
- 15-22 Unemployment and mortality: Evidence from the PSID
by Halliday, Timothy J.
- 23-33 The influence of work-family conflict trajectories on self-rated health trajectories in Switzerland: A life course approach
by Cullati, Stéphane
- 34-41 Methods of legitimation: How ethics committees decide which reasons count in public policy decision-making
by Edwards, Kyle T.
- 42-49 Distributional effects of Oportunidades on early child development
by Figueroa, José Luis
- 50-58 Active travel intervention and physical activity behaviour: An evaluation
by Norwood, Patricia & Eberth, Barbara & Farrar, Shelley & Anable, Jillian & Ludbrook, Anne
- 59-67 Does poverty reduce mental health? An instrumental variable analysis
by Hanandita, Wulung & Tampubolon, Gindo
- 68-76 A person-centred segmentation study in elderly care: Towards efficient demand-driven care
by Eissens van der Laan, M.R. & van Offenbeek, M.A.G. & Broekhuis, H. & Slaets, J.P.J.
- 77-86 The ‘gender puzzle’ of alternative medicine and holistic spirituality: A literature review
by Keshet, Yael & Simchai, Dalit
- 87-94 Assessing the responsiveness of chronic disease care - Is the World Health Organization's concept of health system responsiveness applicable?
by Röttger, Julia & Blümel, Miriam & Fuchs, Sabine & Busse, Reinhard
- 95-103 Examining the association between social health insurance participation and patients' out-of-pocket payments in China: The role of institutional arrangement
by Liu, Kai & Wu, Qiaobing & Liu, Junqiang
- 104-109 Public acceptability of population-level interventions to reduce alcohol consumption: A discrete choice experiment
by Pechey, Rachel & Burge, Peter & Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Suhrcke, Marc & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 110-119 Are public–private partnerships a healthy option? A systematic literature review
by Roehrich, Jens K. & Lewis, Michael A. & George, Gerard
- 120-136 How potentially serious symptom changes are talked about and managed in COPD clinical review consultations: A micro-analysis
by Chatwin, John & Kennedy, Anne & Firth, Adam & Povey, Andrew & Rogers, Anne & Sanders, Caroline
- 137-144 The impact of housing displacement on the mental health of low-income parents after Hurricane Katrina
by Fussell, Elizabeth & Lowe, Sarah R.
- 145-153 A peer adherence support intervention to improve the antiretroviral treatment outcomes of HIV patients in South Africa: The moderating role of family dynamics
by Wouters, Edwin & Masquillier, Caroline & Ponnet, Koen & le Roux Booysen, Frederik
- 154-160 Cross-country variation in the sociodemographic factors associated with major depressive episode in Norway, the United Kingdom, Ghana, and Kenya
by Ambugo, Eliva A.
- 161-168 They are not always a burden: Older people and child fostering in Uganda during the HIV epidemic
by Kasedde, Susan & Doyle, Aoife M. & Seeley, Janet A. & Ross, David A.
- 169-176 Codifying knowledge to improve patient safety: A qualitative study of practice-based interventions
by Turner, Simon & Higginson, Juliet & Oborne, C. Alice & Thomas, Rebecca E. & Ramsay, Angus I.G. & Fulop, Naomi J.
2014, Volume 112, Issue C
- 1-11 Attitudes to vaccination: A critical review
by Yaqub, Ohid & Castle-Clarke, Sophie & Sevdalis, Nick & Chataway, Joanna
- 12-21 Social class differences in BMI among Danish women: Applying Cockerham's health lifestyles approach and Bourdieu's theory of lifestyle
by Christensen, Vibeke T. & Carpiano, Richard M.
- 22-29 Social class and body weight among Chinese urban adults: The role of the middle classes in the nutrition transition
by Bonnefond, Céline & Clément, Matthieu
- 30-38 Impacts of Child Development Accounts on maternal depressive symptoms: Evidence from a randomized statewide policy experiment
by Huang, Jin & Sherraden, Michael & Purnell, Jason Q.
- 39-50 The impact of fiscal austerity on suicide: On the empirics of a modern Greek tragedy
by Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan
- 51-62 Reassembling epidemiology: Mapping, monitoring and making-up people in the context of HIV prevention in India
by Lorway, Robert & Khan, Shamshad
- 63-71 Welfare states and population health: The role of minimum income benefits for mortality
by Nelson, Kenneth & Fritzell, Johan
- 72-79 Working time and cigarette smoking: Evidence from Australia and the United Kingdom
by Angrave, David & Charlwood, Andy & Wooden, Mark
- 80-87 Do school-based physical activity interventions increase or reduce inequalities in health?
by Vander Ploeg, Kerry A. & Maximova, Katerina & McGavock, Jonathan & Davis, Wendy & Veugelers, Paul
2014, Volume 111, Issue C
- 1-9 The effects of socioeconomic incongruity in the neighbourhood on social support, self-esteem and mental health in England
by Albor, C. & Uphoff, E.P. & Stafford, M. & Ballas, D. & Wilkinson, R.G. & Pickett, K.E.
- 10-16 Payment reform and changes in health care in China
by Gao, Chen & Xu, Fei & Liu, Gordon G.
- 17-24 Prenatal smoking and genetic risk: Examining the childhood origins of externalizing behavioral problems
by Petkovsek, Melissa A. & Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Barnes, J.C.
- 25-34 The geography of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A population-based study of Norway
by Halvorsen, Thomas & Martinussen, Pål E.
- 35-40 Does desire for hastened death change in terminally ill cancer patients?
by Rosenfeld, Barry & Pessin, Hayley & Marziliano, Allison & Jacobson, Colleen & Sorger, Brooke & Abbey, Jennifer & Olden, Megan & Brescia, Robert & Breitbart, William
- 41-49 The spillover effect of National Health Insurance on household consumption patterns: Evidence from a natural experiment in Taiwan
by Sheu, Ji-Tian & Lu, Jui-fen Rachel
- 50-57 Gold mining on Mayan-Mam territory: Social unravelling, discord and distress in the Western highlands of Guatemala
by Caxaj, C. Susana & Berman, Helene & Varcoe, Colleen & Ray, Susan L. & Restoulec, Jean-Paul
- 58-63 Temporal effects of separation on suicidal thoughts and behaviours
by Batterham, Philip J. & Fairweather-Schmidt, A. Kate & Butterworth, Peter & Calear, Alison L. & Mackinnon, Andrew J. & Christensen, Helen
- 64-73 Urban liveability: Emerging lessons from Australia for exploring the potential for indicators to measure the social determinants of health
by Badland, Hannah & Whitzman, Carolyn & Lowe, Melanie & Davern, Melanie & Aye, Lu & Butterworth, Iain & Hes, Dominique & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 74-83 Testing devices or experimental systems? Cancer clinical trials take the genomic turn
by Nelson, Nicole C. & Keating, Peter & Cambrosio, Alberto & Aguilar-Mahecha, Adriana & Basik, Mark
- 84-93 HIV-related social intolerance and risky sexual behavior in a high HIV prevalence environment
by Delavande, Adeline & Sampaio, Mafalda & Sood, Neeraj
- 94-100 Conditional health-related benefits of higher education: An assessment of compensatory versus accumulative mechanisms
by Bauldry, Shawn
- 101-109 An explanatory model of peer education within a complex medicines information exchange setting
by Klein, Linda A. & Ritchie, Jan E. & Nathan, Sally & Wutzke, Sonia
- 110-116 Provider payment bares teeth: Dentist reimbursement and the use of check-up examinations
by Listl, Stefan & Chalkley, Martin
- 117-124 Neighborhoods and mental health: Exploring ethnic density, poverty, and social cohesion among Asian Americans and Latinos
by Hong, Seunghye & Zhang, Wei & Walton, Emily
- 125-133 Reporting risk, producing prejudice: How news reporting on obesity shapes attitudes about health risk, policy, and prejudice
by Saguy, Abigail C. & Frederick, David & Gruys, Kjerstin
2014, Volume 110, Issue C
- 1-9 A qualitative exploration of access to urban migrant healthcare in Nairobi, Kenya
by Arnold, Christine & Theede, Jason & Gagnon, Anita
- 10-17 Incorporating intersectionality theory into population health research methodology: Challenges and the potential to advance health equity
by Bauer, Greta R.
- 18-25 Social marketing of water and sanitation products: A systematic review of peer-reviewed literature
by Evans, W.D. & Pattanayak, S.K. & Young, S. & Buszin, J. & Rai, S. & Bihm, Jasmine Wallace
- 26-30 A study on the effect of exclusion period on the suicidal risk among the insured
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Chen, Feng
- 31-40 Willingness to pay for public health services in rural Central Java, Indonesia: Methodological considerations when using the contingent valuation method
by Shono, Aiko & Kondo, Masahide & Ohmae, Hiroshi & Okubo, Ichiro
- 41-48 The multiple truths about crystal meth among young people entrenched in an urban drug scene: A longitudinal ethnographic investigation
by Fast, Danya & Kerr, Thomas & Wood, Evan & Small, Will
- 49-55 Hidden harms: Women's narratives of intimate partner violence in a microbicide trial, South Africa
by Stadler, Jonathan & Delany-Moretlwe, Sinead & Palanee, Thesla & Rees, Helen
- 56-63 The breast-cancer-ization of cancer survivorship: Implications for experiences of the disease
by Bell, Kirsten
- 65-73 Assessing access to care for transgender and gender nonconforming people: A consideration of diversity in combating discrimination
by Cruz, Taylor M.
- 74-80 Examining regional variation in the use of cancer screening in Germany
by Vogt, Verena & Siegel, Martin & Sundmacher, Leonie
- 81-88 Cultures of resistance? A Bourdieusian analysis of doctors' antibiotic prescribing
by Broom, Alex & Broom, Jennifer & Kirby, Emma
- 89-95 Individual and spousal unemployment as predictors of smoking and drinking behavior
by Arcaya, Mariana & Glymour, M. Maria & Christakis, Nicholas A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
2014, Volume 109, Issue C
- 1-9 The use of citizens' juries in health policy decision-making: A systematic review
by Street, Jackie & Duszynski, Katherine & Krawczyk, Stephanie & Braunack-Mayer, Annette
- 10-18 Attitudes toward vaccination and the H1N1 vaccine: Poor people's unfounded fears or legitimate concerns of the elite?
by Peretti-Watel, Patrick & Raude, Jocelyn & Sagaon-Teyssier, Luis & Constant, Aymery & Verger, Pierre & Beck, François
- 19-25 Economic cycles and heart disease in Mexico
by Quast, Troy & Gonzalez, Fidel
- 26-34 Determinants of mental illness stigma for adolescents discharged from psychiatric hospitalization
by Moses, Tally
- 35-43 Born at the right time? Childhood health and the business cycle
by Angelini, Viola & Mierau, Jochen O.
- 44-54 Posttraumatic stress in emergency settings outside North America and Europe: A review of the emic literature
by Rasmussen, Andrew & Keatley, Eva & Joscelyne, Amy
- 55-65 Is breast truly best? Estimating the effects of breastfeeding on long-term child health and wellbeing in the United States using sibling comparisons
by Colen, Cynthia G. & Ramey, David M.
- 66-74 Everyday violence, structural racism and mistreatment at the US–Mexico border
by Sabo, Samantha & Shaw, Susan & Ingram, Maia & Teufel-Shone, Nicolette & Carvajal, Scott & de Zapien, Jill Guernsey & Rosales, Cecilia & Redondo, Flor & Garcia, Gina & Rubio-Goldsmith, Raquel
2014, Volume 108, Issue C
- 1-9 Ripple effects of developmental disabilities and mental illness on nondisabled adult siblings
by Wolfe, Barbara & Song, Jieun & Greenberg, Jan S. & Mailick, Marsha R.
- 10-19 From a conservative to a liberal welfare state: Decomposing changes in income-related health inequalities in Germany, 1994–2011
by Siegel, Martin & Vogt, Verena & Sundmacher, Leonie
- 20-33 Rewriting abortion: Deploying medical records in jurisdictional negotiation over a forbidden practice in Senegal
by Suh, Siri
- 34-45 The myth of conformity: Adolescents and abstention from unhealthy drinking behaviors
by Rees, Carter & Wallace, Danielle
- 46-53 The fit between health impact assessment and public policy: Practice meets theory
by Harris, Patrick & Sainsbury, Peter & Kemp, Lynn
- 54-59 What factors influence the use of contracts in the context of NHS dental practice? A systematic review of theory and logic model
by Harris, Rebecca & Mosedale, Sarah & Garner, Jayne & Perkins, Elizabeth
- 60-67 Early life conditions, partnership histories, and mortality risk for Swedish men and women born 1915–1929
by Donrovich, Robyn & Drefahl, Sven & Koupil, Ilona
- 68-73 Sales impact of displaying alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in end-of-aisle locations: An observational study
by Nakamura, Ryota & Pechey, Rachel & Suhrcke, Marc & Jebb, Susan A. & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 74-80 Monetary cost for time spent in everyday physical activities
by Hsu, Anne S. & Vlaev, Ivo
- 81-88 Cross race comparisons between SES health gradients among African–American and white women at mid-life
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J.
- 89-96 The changing contours of experimental governance in European health care
by Fierlbeck, Katherine
- 97-105 Self-management support in primary care: Enactments, disruptions, and conversational consequences
by Thille, Patricia & Ward, Natalie & Russell, Grant
- 106-114 Moving beyond the residential neighborhood to explore social inequalities in exposure to area-level disadvantage: Results from the Interdisciplinary Study on Inequalities in Smoking
by Shareck, Martine & Kestens, Yan & Frohlich, Katherine L.
- 115-119 The impact of an unconditional tax credit for families on self-rated health in adults: Further evidence from the cohort study of 6900 New Zealanders
by Pega, Frank & Carter, Kristie & Kawachi, Ichiro & Davis, Peter & Blakely, Tony
- 120-127 External factors affecting decision-making and use of evidence in an Australian public health policy environment
by Zardo, Pauline & Collie, Alex & Livingstone, Charles
- 128-136 The impact of employment transitions on health in Germany. A difference-in-differences propensity score matching approach
by Gebel, Michael & Voßemer, Jonas
- 137-146 Permeability of public and private spaces in reproductive healthcare seeking: Barriers to uptake of services among low income African American women in a smaller urban setting
by Golden, Annis G.
- 147-155 Social determinants of health and health equity policy research: Exploring the use, misuse, and nonuse of policy analysis theory
by Embrett, Mark G. & Randall, G.E.
- 156-165 Other-regarding behavior and motivation in health care provision: An experiment with medical and non-medical students
by Hennig-Schmidt, Heike & Wiesen, Daniel
- 166-174 Advancing methodology in the study of HIV status disclosure: The importance of considering disclosure target and intent
by Dima, Alexandra L. & Stutterheim, Sarah E. & Lyimo, Ramsey & de Bruin, Marijn
- 175-184 “This is the medicine:” A Kenyan community responds to a sexual concurrency reduction intervention
by Knopf, Amelia & Agot, Kawango & Sidle, John & Naanyu, Violet & Morris, Martina
- 185-193 Neighbourhood disadvantage, network capital and restless sleep: Is the association moderated by gender in urban-dwelling adults?
by Bassett, Emma & Moore, Spencer
- 194-200 Toward a social capital based framework for understanding the water-health nexus
by Bisung, Elijah & Elliott, Susan J.
- 201-209 Alcohol-impaired motor vehicle crash risk and the location of alcohol purchase
by Cotti, Chad & Dunn, Richard A. & Tefft, Nathan
- 210-222 The ‘taking place’ of health and wellbeing: Towards non-representational theory
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Chen, Sandra & Myers, Samantha
- 223-236 Provider payment methods and health worker motivation in community-based health insurance: A mixed-methods study
by Robyn, Paul Jacob & Bärnighausen, Till & Souares, Aurélia & Traoré, Adama & Bicaba, Brice & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 237-242 Very low birthweight: Dysregulated gestation versus evolutionary adaptation
by Catalano, Ralph & Karasek, Deborah & Gemmill, Alison & Falconi, April & Goodman, Julia & Magganas, Aristotle & Hartig, Terry
2014, Volume 107, Issue C
- 1-8 Stigma, agency and recovery amongst people with severe mental illness
by Whitley, Rob & Denise Campbell, Rosalyn
- 9-17 Does walking explain associations between access to greenspace and lower mortality?
by Lachowycz, Kate & Jones, Andy P.
- 18-25 The expressivist objection to prenatal testing: The experiences of families living with genetic disease
by Boardman, Felicity Kate
- 26-36 Racial segregation and maternal smoking during pregnancy: A multilevel analysis using the racial segregation interaction index
by Yang, Tse-Chuan & Shoff, Carla & Noah, Aggie J. & Black, Nyesha & Sparks, Corey S.
- 37-43 What are tests for? The implications of stuttering steps along the US patient pathway
by Tritter, Jonathan Q. & Lutfey, Karen & McKinlay, John
- 44-51 Neighbourhood cohesion and mental wellbeing among older adults: A mixed methods approach
by Elliott, Jane & Gale, Catharine R. & Parsons, Samantha & Kuh, Diana
- 52-60 General practitioners' management of the long-term sick role
by Higgins, Angela & Porter, Sam & O'Halloran, Peter
- 61-67 Increasing maternal healthcare use in Rwanda: Implications for child nutrition and survival
by Pierce, Hayley & Heaton, Tim B. & Hoffmann, John
- 68-77 Is shared misery double misery?
by Mervin, Merehau Cindy & Frijters, Paul
- 78-88 Why do people drop out of community-based health insurance? Findings from an exploratory household survey in Senegal
by Mladovsky, Philipa
- 89-99 What does SNAP benefit usage tell us about food access in low-income neighborhoods?
by Shannon, Jerry
- 100-104 Simmel's dynamic social medicine: New questions for studying medical institutions?
by Menchik, Daniel A.
- 105-112 Gender difference in the health risk perception of radiation from Fukushima in Japan: The role of hegemonic masculinity
by Morioka, Rika
- 113-123 Transnational nurse migration: Future directions for medical anthropological research
by Prescott, Megan & Nichter, Mark
- 124-135 Social support, social strain and inflammation: Evidence from a national longitudinal study of U.S. adults
by Yang, Yang Claire & Schorpp, Kristen & Harris, Kathleen Mullan
- 136-144 Examining mediators of housing mobility on adolescent asthma: Results from a housing voucher experiment
by Schmidt, Nicole M. & Lincoln, Alisa K. & Nguyen, Quynh C. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Osypuk, Theresa L.
- 145-153 ‘Looking beyond the male–female dichotomy’ – Sibling composition and child immunization in India, 1992–2006
by Singh, Prashant Kumar & Parasuraman, Sulabha
- 154-161 Birth weight and adult health in historical perspective: Evidence from a New Zealand cohort, 1907–1922
by Roberts, Evan & Wood, Pamela
- 162-170 Socioeconomic and geographic inequalities in adolescent smoking: A multilevel cross-sectional study of 15 year olds in Scotland
by Levin, K.A. & Dundas, R. & Miller, M. & McCartney, G.
- 171-178 Surviving polio in a post-polio world
by Groce, Nora Ellen & Banks, Lena Morgon & Stein, Michael Ashley
- 179-188 Adapting to social and political transitions – The influence of history on health policy formation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar (Burma)
by Grundy, John & Annear, Peter & Ahmed, Shakil & Biggs, Beverley-Ann
- 189-195 Understanding the experiences and quality of life issues of Bahraini women with breast cancer
by Jassim, Ghufran A. & Whitford, David L.
- 196-204 Maternal work and children's diet, activity, and obesity
by Datar, Ashlesha & Nicosia, Nancy & Shier, Victoria
- 209-216 Community building and mental health in mid-life and older life: Evidence from China
by Shen, Yuying
2014, Volume 106, Issue C
- 1-9 Healthy ageing and home: The perspectives of very old people in five European countries
by Sixsmith, J. & Sixsmith, A. & Fänge, A. Malmgren & Naumann, D. & Kucsera, C. & Tomsone, S. & Haak, M. & Dahlin-Ivanoff, S. & Woolrych, R.
- 10-19 The Roman–Irish Bath: Medical/health history as therapeutic assemblage
by Foley, Ronan
- 20-27 Poverty and mental health in Indonesia
by Tampubolon, Gindo & Hanandita, Wulung
- 28-34 Unemployment, measured and perceived decline of economic resources: Contrasting three measures of recessionary hardships and their implications for adopting negative health behaviors
by Kalousova, Lucie & Burgard, Sarah A.
- 35-42 The impact of social action funds on child health in a conflict affected country: Evidence from Angola
by Djimeu, Eric W.
- 43-52 The impact of youth, family, peer and neighborhood risk factors on developmental trajectories of risk involvement from early through middle adolescence
by Wang, Bo & Deveaux, Lynette & Li, Xiaoming & Marshall, Sharon & Chen, Xinguang & Stanton, Bonita
- 53-58 Who donates their bodies to science? The combined role of gender and migration status among California whole-body donors
by Asad, Asad L. & Anteby, Michel & Garip, Filiz
- 59-66 Reducing emergency bed-days for older people? Network governance lessons from the ‘Improving the Future for Older People’ programme
by Sheaff, Rod & Windle, Karen & Wistow, Gerald & Ashby, Sue & Beech, Roger & Dickinson, Angela & Henderson, Catherine & Knapp, Martin
- 67-74 From policy making to service use. Down's syndrome antenatal screening in England, France and the Netherlands
by Vassy, Carine & Rosman, Sophia & Rousseau, Bénédicte
- 75-82 Does incentivising pill-taking ‘crowd out’ risk-information processing? Evidence from a web-based experiment
by Mantzari, Eleni & Vogt, Florian & Marteau, Theresa M.