Social Science & Medicine
2015, Volume 131, Issue C
- 239-246 Big-pharmaceuticalisation: Clinical trials and Contract Research Organisations in India
by Sariola, Salla & Ravindran, Deapica & Kumar, Anand & Jeffery, Roger
- 247-254 Pharmaceuticalisation and ethical review in South Asia: Issues of scope and authority for practitioners and policy makers
by Simpson, Bob & Khatri, Rekha & Ravindran, Deapica & Udalagama, Tharindi
- 255-262 Neoliberal technocracy: Explaining how and why the US Food and Drug Administration has championed pharmacogenomics
by Hogarth, Stuart
- 263-271 Medical countermeasures for national security: A new government role in the pharmaceuticalization of society
by Elbe, Stefan & Roemer-Mahler, Anne & Long, Christopher
- 272-279 Moral discourses and pharmaceuticalised governance in households
by Dew, Kevin & Norris, Pauline & Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 280-288 The drugs don't sell: DIY heart health and the over-the-counter statin experience
by Will, Catherine M. & Weiner, Kate
- 289-296 Patient involvement in drug licensing: A case study
by Britten, Nicky & Denford, Sarah & Harris-Golesworthy, Faith & Jibson, Steph & Pyart, Nigel & Stein, Ken
- 297-304 Everyday drug diversions: A qualitative study of the illicit exchange and non-medical use of prescription stimulants on a university campus
by Vrecko, Scott
- 305-312 Growth hormone, enhancement and the pharmaceuticalisation of short stature
by Morrison, Michael
- 313-321 The interweaving of pharmaceutical and medical expectations as dynamics of micro-pharmaceuticalisation: Advanced-stage cancer patients' hope in medicines alongside trust in professionals
by Brown, Patrick & de Graaf, Sabine & Hillen, Marij & Smets, Ellen & van Laarhoven, Hanneke
- 322-330 Peering into the pharmaceutical “pipeline”: Investigational drugs, clinical trials, and industry priorities
by Fisher, Jill A. & Cottingham, Marci D. & Kalbaugh, Corey A.
2015, Volume 130, Issue C
- 1-8 Changes in self-perceived economic satisfaction and mortality at old ages: Evidence from a survey of middle-aged and elderly adults in Taiwan
by Lee, Miaw-Chwen & Huang, Nicole
- 9-15 Felt stigma and obesity: Introducing the generalized other
by Barlösius, Eva & Philipps, Axel
- 16-22 Childhood and later life stressors and increased inflammatory gene expression at older ages
by Levine, M.E. & Cole, S.W. & Weir, D.R. & Crimmins, E.M.
- 23-31 Socioeconomic status and children's health: Evidence from a low-income country
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Guliani, Harminder
- 32-41 The maternal health outcomes of paid maternity leave: A systematic review
by Aitken, Zoe & Garrett, Cameryn C. & Hewitt, Belinda & Keogh, Louise & Hocking, Jane S. & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 42-50 The economic burden of TB diagnosis and treatment in South Africa
by Foster, Nicola & Vassall, Anna & Cleary, Susan & Cunnama, Lucy & Churchyard, Gavin & Sinanovic, Edina
- 51-58 Does debt affect health? Cross country evidence on the debt-health nexus
by Clayton, Maya & Liñares-Zegarra, José & Wilson, John O.S.
- 59-68 Social network types and the health of older adults: Exploring reciprocal associations
by Li, Ting & Zhang, Yanlong
- 69-78 What is a good life? Selecting capabilities to assess women's quality of life in rural Malawi
by Greco, Giulia & Skordis-Worrall, Jolene & Mkandawire, Bryan & Mills, Anne
- 79-90 The role of neighborhood characteristics in racial/ethnic disparities in type 2 diabetes: Results from the Boston Area Community Health (BACH) Survey
by Piccolo, Rebecca S. & Duncan, Dustin T. & Pearce, Neil & McKinlay, John B.
- 91-98 Mister Sandman, bring me good marks! On the relationship between sleep quality and academic achievement
by Baert, Stijn & Omey, Eddy & Verhaest, Dieter & Vermeir, Aurélie
- 99-106 Health policy for the poor: An exploration on the take-up of means-tested health benefits in Turkey
by Erus, Burcay & Yakut-Cakar, Burcu & Cali, Sanda & Adaman, Fikret
- 107-114 How family members manage risk around functional decline: The autonomy management process in households facing dementia
by Berry, Brandon & Apesoa-Varano, Ester Carolina & Gomez, Yarin
- 115-124 Unemployment in Scandinavia during an economic crisis: Cross-national differences in health selection
by Heggebø, Kristian
- 125-134 Mental health service use by cleanup workers in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill
by Lowe, Sarah R. & Kwok, Richard K. & Payne, Julianne & Engel, Lawrence S. & Galea, Sandro & Sandler, Dale P.
- 135-145 Geographical accessibility to healthcare and malnutrition in Rwanda
by Aoun, Nael & Matsuda, Hirotaka & Sekiyama, Makiko
- 146-153 Flexible positions, managed hopes: The promissory bioeconomy of a whole genome sequencing cancer study
by Haase, Rachel & Michie, Marsha & Skinner, Debra
- 154-161 A tale of two cities: Stigma and health outcomes among people with HIV who inject drugs in St. Petersburg, Russia and Kohtla-Järve, Estonia
by Burke, Sara E. & Calabrese, Sarah K. & Dovidio, John F. & Levina, Olga S. & Uusküla, Anneli & Niccolai, Linda M. & Abel-Ollo, Katri & Heimer, Robert
- 162-171 The impact of recent chemotherapy innovation on the longevity of myeloma patients: US and international evidence
by Hostenkamp, Gisela & Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 172-180 The impact of neighborhood quality, perceived stress, and social support on depressive symptoms during pregnancy in African American women
by Giurgescu, Carmen & Misra, Dawn P. & Sealy-Jefferson, Shawnita & Caldwell, Cleopatra H. & Templin, Thomas N. & Slaughter- Acey, Jaime C. & Osypuk, Theresa L.
- 181-189 An exploratory discrete-time multilevel analysis of the effect of social support on the survival of elderly people in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Jones, Kelvyn & Wang, Wenfei Winnie
- 190-203 “Geography of suicide in Hong Kong: Spatial patterning, and socioeconomic correlates and inequalities”
by Hsu, Chia-Yueh & Chang, Shu-Sen & Lee, Esther S.T. & Yip, Paul S.F.
- 204-215 Determinants of generic vs. brand drug choice: Evidence from population-wide Danish data
by Skipper, Niels & Vejlin, Rune
- 216-224 Going beyond horizontal equity: An analysis of health expenditure allocation across geographic areas in Mozambique
by Anselmi, Laura & Lagarde, Mylène & Hanson, Kara
- 225-233 The role of boundary maintenance and blurring in a UK collaborative research project: How researchers and health service managers made sense of new ways of working
by Smith, Simon & Ward, Vicky
- 234-241 The impact of diminished housing wealth on health in the United States: Evidence from the Great Recession
by Yilmazer, Tansel & Babiarz, Patryk & Liu, Fen
- 242-249 Civil Society Organizations and medicines policy change: A case study of registration, procurement, distribution and use of misoprostol in Uganda
by Atukunda, Esther Cathyln & Brhlikova, Petra & Agaba, Amon Ganafa & Pollock, Allyson M.
- 250-258 Changes in access to structural social capital and its influence on self-rated health over time for middle-aged men and women: A longitudinal study from northern Sweden
by Eriksson, Malin & Ng, Nawi
- 259-267 Pain and self-assessed health: Does the association vary by age?
by Rubin, Sara & Zimmer, Zachary
- 268-276 Mobility and health sector development in China and India
by Holdaway, Jennifer & Levitt, Peggy & Fang, Jing & Rajaram, Narasimhan
- 277-283 Are the differences in adulthood ill-health across the north-south divide and between Scotland and England also evident in early childhood health indicators?
by Cruise, Sharon Mary & O'Reilly, Dermot
- 284-291 Testing a cycle of family violence model in conflict-affected, low-income countries: A qualitative study from Timor-Leste
by Rees, Susan & Thorpe, Rosamund & Tol, Wietse & Fonseca, Mira & Silove, Derrick
2015, Volume 129, Issue C
- 5-11 Is there really such a thing as “one health”? Thinking about a more than human world from the perspective of cultural anthropology
by Wolf, Meike
- 12-19 One World-One Health and neglected zoonotic disease: Elimination, emergence and emergency in Uganda
by Smith, James & Taylor, Emma Michelle & Kingsley, Pete
- 20-27 The puzzle of Buruli ulcer transmission, ethno-ecological history and the end of “love” in the Akonolinga district, Cameroon
by Giles-Vernick, Tamara & Owona-Ntsama, Joseph & Landier, Jordi & Eyangoh, Sara
- 28-35 More than one world, more than one health: Re-configuring interspecies health
by Hinchliffe, Steve
- 36-43 Precarious connections: Making therapeutic production happen for malaria and tuberculosis
by Craddock, Susan
- 44-50 A One Health, participatory epidemiology assessment of anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) management in Western Uganda
by Coffin, Jeanne L. & Monje, Fred & Asiimwe-Karimu, Grace & Amuguni, Hellen Janetrix & Odoch, Terence
- 51-60 Recommendations for the role of social science research in One Health
by Lapinski, Maria Knight & Funk, Julie A. & Moccia, Lauren T.
- 61-67 Public health ethics and more-than-human solidarity
by Rock, Melanie J. & Degeling, Chris
- 68-77 The dawn of Structural One Health: A new science tracking disease emergence along circuits of capital
by Wallace, Robert G. & Bergmann, Luke & Kock, Richard & Gilbert, Marius & Hogerwerf, Lenny & Wallace, Rodrick & Holmberg, Mollie
- 78-86 Uncovering zoonoses awareness in an emerging disease ‘hotspot’
by Paige, Sarah B. & Malavé, Carly & Mbabazi, Edith & Mayer, Jonathan & Goldberg, Tony L.
- 87-95 An expanded One Health model: Integrating social science and One Health to inform study of the human-animal interface
by Woldehanna, Sara & Zimicki, Susan
- 96-105 Containment and competition: Transgenic animals in the One Health agenda
by Lezaun, Javier & Porter, Natalie
- 106-112 The world in a box? Food security, edible insects, and “One World, One Health” collaboration
by Yates-Doerr, Emily
- 113-122 The global condition of epidemics: Panoramas in A (H1N1) influenza and their consequences for One World One Health programme
by Tirado, Francisco & Gómez, Andrés & Rocamora, Verónica
- 123-130 One-health approach as counter-measure against “autoimmune” responses in biosecurity
by Mutsaers, Inge
2015, Volume 128, Issue C
- 1-9 The impact of pecuniary and non-pecuniary incentives for attracting young doctors to rural general practice
by Holte, Jon Helgheim & Kjaer, Trine & Abelsen, Birgit & Olsen, Jan Abel
- 10-17 Incentives for breastfeeding and for smoking cessation in pregnancy: An exploration of types and meanings
by Crossland, Nicola & Thomson, Gill & Morgan, Heather & Dombrowski, Stephan U. & Hoddinott, Pat
- 18-24 Boundary objects in complementary and alternative medicine: Acupuncture vs. Christian Science
by Owens, Kellie
- 25-30 The association of BMI and social distance towards obese individuals is mediated by sympathy and understanding
by Sikorski, Claudia & Luppa, Melanie & Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Schomerus, Georg & Link, Bruce & Riedel-Heller, Steffi G.
- 31-35 Monetizing illness: The influence of disability assistance priming on how we evaluate the health symptoms of others
by O'Brien, Rourke L.
- 36-42 Ethnic discrimination predicts poor self-rated health and cortisol in pregnancy: Insights from New Zealand
by Thayer, Zaneta M. & Kuzawa, Christopher W.
- 43-51 The effect of unemployment on self-reported health and mental health in Greece from 2008 to 2013: A longitudinal study before and during the financial crisis
by Drydakis, Nick
- 52-56 Attitudes towards legalising physician provided euthanasia in Britain: The role of religion over time
by Danyliv, Andriy & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 57-66 Examining individual and school characteristics associated with child obesity using a multilevel growth model
by Miyazaki, Yasuo & Stack, Maria
- 67-75 Household and neighborhood conditions partially account for associations between education and physical capacity in the National Health and Aging Trends Study
by Samuel, Laura J. & Glass, Thomas A. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Roth, David L.
- 76-86 Social contact frequency and all-cause mortality: A meta-analysis and meta-regression
by Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J.
- 87-94 The roles of culture and gender in the relationship between divorce and suicide risk: A meta-analysis
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Yousuf, Saman & Chan, Chee Hon & Yung, Tiffany & Wu, Kevin C.-C.
- 95-104 Measurement of social capital in relation to health in low and middle income countries (LMIC): A systematic review
by Agampodi, Thilini Chanchala & Agampodi, Suneth Buddhika & Glozier, Nicholas & Siribaddana, Sisira
- 105-114 Grandparental help in Indonesia is directed preferentially towards needier descendants: A potential confounder when exploring grandparental influences on child health
by Snopkowski, Kristin & Sear, Rebecca
- 115-125 Seeking fluid possibility and solid ground: Space and movement in mental health service users' experiences of ‘crisis’
by McGrath, Laura & Reavey, Paula
- 126-133 Exploring opportunities for healthy aging among older persons with a history of homelessness in Toronto, Canada
by Waldbrook, Natalie
- 134-141 Action on the social determinants of health: Views from inside the policy process
by Carey, Gemma & Crammond, Brad
- 142-150 Does regulatory fit lead to more effective health communication? A systematic review
by Ludolph, Ramona & Schulz, Peter J.
- 151-158 Gaps in knowledge: Tracking and explaining gender differences in health information seeking
by Manierre, Matthew J.
- 159-167 Resilience in the face of post-election violence in Kenya: The mediating role of social networks on wellbeing among older people in the Korogocho informal settlement, Nairobi
by Bennett, Rachel & Chepngeno-Langat, Gloria & Evandrou, Maria & Falkingham, Jane
- 168-177 The moderating effect of self-efficacy on normal-weight, overweight, and obese children's math achievement: A longitudinal analysis
by Kranjac, Ashley Wendell
- 178-187 Social determinants and psychological distress among Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander adults in the Australian state of Victoria: A cross-sectional population based study
by Markwick, Alison & Ansari, Zahid & Sullivan, Mary & McNeil, John
- 188-200 Neo-Marxian social class inequalities in the mental well-being of employed men and women: The role of European welfare regimes
by De Moortel, Deborah & Palència, Laia & Artazcoz, Lucía & Borrell, Carme & Vanroelen, Christophe
- 202-211 Determinants and disparities: A simulation approach to the case of child health care
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Milne, Barry & Davis, Peter & Pearson, Janet & McLay, Jessica
- 212-219 ‘Who's the guy in the room?’ Involving fathers in antenatal care screening for sickle cell disorders
by Atkin, Karl & Berghs, Maria & Dyson, Simon
- 220-230 Examining the relationship between social support availability, urban center size, and self-perceived mental health of recent immigrants to Canada: A mixed-methods analysis
by Chadwick, Kathryn A. & Collins, Patricia A.
- 231-238 A model for common ground development to support collaborative health communities
by Kuziemsky, Craig E. & O'Sullivan, Tracey L.
- 239-245 Juggling efficiency. An ethnographic study exploring healthcare seeking practices and institutional logics in Danish primary care settings
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Vedsted, Peter
- 246-254 One-year reciprocal relationship between community participation and mental wellbeing in Australia: A panel analysis
by Ding, Ning & Berry, Helen L. & O'Brien, Léan V.
- 255-262 International clinical trials, cardiovascular disease and treatment options in the Russian Federation: Research and treatment in practice
by Zvonareva, Olga & Engel, Nora & Martsevich, Sergey & de Wert, Guido & Horstman, Klasien
- 263-271 Therapeutic landscapes and living with breast cancer: The lived experiences of Thai women
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Suwankhong, Dusanee
- 273-281 “I won't call it rationing…”: An ethnographic study of healthcare disinvestment in theory and practice
by Rooshenas, Leila & Owen-Smith, Amanda & Hollingworth, William & Badrinath, Padmanabhan & Beynon, Claire & Donovan, Jenny L.
- 282-289 Heat protection behaviors and positive affect about heat during the 2013 heat wave in the United Kingdom
by Lefevre, Carmen E. & Bruine de Bruin, Wändi & Taylor, Andrea L. & Dessai, Suraje & Kovats, Sari & Fischhoff, Baruch
- 290-300 Prioritization and the elusive effect on welfare – A Norwegian health care reform revisited
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kjerstad, Egil
- 301-308 It takes a giraffe to see the big picture – Citizens' view on decision makers in health care rationing
by Broqvist, Mari & Garpenby, Peter
- 309-315 Short horizons and obesity futures: Disjunctures between public health interventions and everyday temporalities
by Warin, Megan & Zivkovic, Tanya & Moore, Vivienne & Ward, Paul R. & Jones, Michelle
- 316-326 Income inequality and health: A causal review
by Pickett, Kate E. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 347-355 Does early-life income inequality predict self-reported health in later life? Evidence from the United States
by Lillard, Dean R. & Burkhauser, Richard V. & Hahn, Markus H. & Wilkins, Roger
- 356-365 Should age-period-cohort studies return to the methodologies of the 1970s?
by Reither, Eric N. & Masters, Ryan K. & Yang, Yang Claire & Powers, Daniel A. & Zheng, Hui & Land, Kenneth C.
- 366-373 Explaining mental health disparities for non-monosexual women: Abuse history and risky sex, or the burdens of non-disclosure?
by Persson, Tonje J. & Pfaus, James G. & Ryder, Andrew G.
2015, Volume 127, Issue C
- 8-18 Trends and group differences in the association between educational attainment and U.S. adult mortality: Implications for understanding education's causal influence
by Hayward, Mark D. & Hummer, Robert A. & Sasson, Isaac
- 19-28 Trends in education gradients of ‘preventable’ mortality: A test of fundamental cause theory
by Masters, Ryan K. & Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo C.
- 29-40 A meta-analysis of education effects on chronic disease: The causal dynamics of the Population Education Transition Curve
by Smith, William C. & Anderson, Emily & Salinas, Daniel & Horvatek, Renata & Baker, David P.
- 41-50 Cohort changes in educational disparities in smoking: France, Germany and the United States
by Pampel, Fred & Legleye, Stephane & Goffette, Céline & Piontek, Daniela & Kraus, Ludwig & Khlat, Myriam
- 51-62 Variations in the relation between education and cause-specific mortality in 19 European populations: A test of the “fundamental causes” theory of social inequalities in health
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Kulhánová, Ivana & Bopp, Matthias & Deboosere, Patrick & Eikemo, Terje A. & Hoffmann, Rasmus & Kulik, Margarete C. & Leinsalu, Mall & Martikainen, Pekka & Menvielle, Gwenn & Regidor, Enrique & Wojtyniak, Bogdan & Östergren, Olof & Lundberg, Olle
- 63-73 When does education matter? The protective effect of education for cohorts graduating in bad times
by Cutler, David M. & Huang, Wei & Lleras-Muney, Adriana
- 74-82 Compulsory schooling reforms, education and mortality in twentieth century Europe
by Gathmann, Christina & Jürges, Hendrik & Reinhold, Steffen
- 83-91 Does more education lead to better health habits? Evidence from the school reforms in Australia
by Li, Jinhu & Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 92-100 Education and health knowledge: Evidence from UK compulsory schooling reform
by Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A. & Suziedelyte, Agne
- 101-107 New evidence of the effects of education on health in the US: Compulsory schooling laws revisited
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 108-115 The effect of increased primary schooling on adult women's HIV status in Malawi and Uganda: Universal Primary Education as a natural experiment
by Behrman, Julia Andrea
- 116-123 Can universal pre-kindergarten programs improve population health and longevity? Mechanisms, evidence, and policy implications
by Muennig, Peter
- 124-133 Are literacy skills associated with young adults' health in Africa? Evidence from Malawi
by Smith-Greenaway, Emily
- 134-142 Education and mortality among older adults in China
by Luo, Ye & Zhang, Zhenmei & Gu, Danan
- 143-149 A blunted diurnal cortisol response in the lower educated does not explain educational differences in coronary heart disease: Findings from the AGES-Reykjavik Study
by Groffen, Daniëlle A.I. & Bosma, Hans & Koster, Annemarie & von Bonsdorff, Mikaela B. & Aspelund, Thor & Eiriksdottir, Gudny & Penninx, Brenda W.J.H. & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M. & Kirschbaum, Clemens & Gudnason, Vilmundur & Harris, Tamara B.
- 150-158 Genetic vulnerability to diabetes and obesity: Does education offset the risk?
by Liu, S.Y. & Walter, S. & Marden, J. & Rehkopf, D.H. & Kubzansky, L.D. & Nguyen, T. & Glymour, M.M.
- 159-170 Can education rescue genetic liability for cognitive decline?
by Cook, C. Justin & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 171-180 What can genes tell us about the relationship between education and health?
by Boardman, Jason D. & Domingue, Benjamin W. & Daw, Jonathan
- 181-189 Schooling has smaller or insignificant effects on adult health in the US than suggested by cross-sectional associations: New estimates using relatively large samples of identical twins
by Amin, Vikesh & Behrman, Jere R. & Kohler, Hans-Peter
- 190-197 Cross-sectional schooling-health associations misrepresented causal schooling effects on adult health and health-related behaviors: Evidence from the Chinese Adults Twins Survey
by Behrman, Jere R. & Xiong, Yanyan & Zhang, Junsen
- 203-205 Educational attainment and life expectancy: A perspective from the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research
by Spittel, Michael L. & Riley, William T. & Kaplan, Robert M.
2015, Volume 126, Issue C
- 1-8 What binds biosociality? The collective effervescence of the parent-led conference
by Dimond, Rebecca & Bartlett, Andrew & Lewis, Jamie
- 9-16 Latent and manifest empiricism in Q'eqchi' Maya healing: A case study of HIV/AIDS
by Waldram, James B. & Hatala, Andrew R.
- 17-25 Interdisciplinary promises versus practices in medicine: The decoupled experiences of social sciences and humanities scholars
by Albert, Mathieu & Paradis, Elise & Kuper, Ayelet
- 26-35 Inequalities in social capital and health between people with and without disabilities
by Mithen, Johanna & Aitken, Zoe & Ziersch, Anne & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 36-47 The impact of using computer decision-support software in primary care nurse-led telephone triage: Interactional dilemmas and conversational consequences
by Murdoch, Jamie & Barnes, Rebecca & Pooler, Jillian & Lattimer, Valerie & Fletcher, Emily & Campbell, John L.
- 48-58 Practices used for recommending sickness certification by general practitioners: A conversation analytic study of UK primary care consultations
by Wheat, Hannah C. & Barnes, Rebecca K. & Byng, Richard
- 59-66 A not so happy day after all: Excess death rates on birthdays in the U.S
by Peña, Pablo A.
- 67-72 Addressing the unemployment–mortality conundrum: Non-linearity is the answer
by Bonamore, Giorgio & Carmignani, Fabrizio & Colombo, Emilio
- 73-85 Portraying mental illness and drug addiction as treatable health conditions: Effects of a randomized experiment on stigma and discrimination
by McGinty, Emma E. & Goldman, Howard H. & Pescosolido, Bernice & Barry, Colleen L.
- 86-98 Lived experience of acute gastrointestinal illness in Rigolet, Nunatsiavut: “Just suffer through it”
by Harper, Sherilee L. & Edge, Victoria L. & Ford, James & Thomas, M. Kate & McEwen, Scott A.
- 99-109 Constrained choices? Linking employees' and spouses' work time to health behaviors
by Fan, Wen & Lam, Jack & Moen, Phyllis & Kelly, Erin & King, Rosalind & McHale, Susan
- 110-118 “I used to be as fit as a linnet” – Beliefs, attitudes, and environmental supportiveness for physical activity in former mining areas in the North-East of England
by Rind, Esther & Jones, Andy
- 119-127 Scaling up nutrition in fragile and conflict-affected states: The pivotal role of governance
by Taylor, Sebastian A.J. & Perez-Ferrer, Carolina & Griffiths, Andrew & Brunner, Eric
- 128-137 Public views on principles for health care priority setting: Findings of a European cross-country study using Q methodology
by van Exel, Job & Baker, Rachel & Mason, Helen & Donaldson, Cam & Brouwer, Werner
- 138-144 Do time-invariant confounders explain away the association between job stress and workers' mental health?: Evidence from Japanese occupational panel data
by Oshio, Takashi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Inoue, Akiomi
- 145-153 Early childhood WIC participation, cognitive development and academic achievement
by Jackson, Margot I.
- 154-163 Inequities in health care utilization by people aged 50+: Evidence from 12 European countries
by Terraneo, Marco
- 164-168 Racial resentment and smoking
by Samson, Frank L.
- 169-176 Structural adjustment and public spending on health: Evidence from IMF programs in low-income countries
by Kentikelenis, Alexander E. & Stubbs, Thomas H. & King, Lawrence P.
2015, Volume 125, Issue C
- 8-18 The front line of social capital creation – A natural experiment in symbolic interaction
by Patulny, Roger & Siminski, Peter & Mendolia, Silvia
- 19-31 Choosing your network: Social preferences in an online health community
by Centola, Damon & van de Rijt, Arnout
- 32-39 Siblings, friends, course-mates, club-mates: How adolescent health behavior homophily varies by race, class, gender, and health status
by Daw, Jonathan & Margolis, Rachel & Verdery, Ashton M.
- 40-50 Mental health and social networks in early adolescence: A dynamic study of objectively-measured social interaction behaviors
by Pachucki, Mark C. & Ozer, Emily J. & Barrat, Alain & Cattuto, Ciro
- 51-59 Reprint of: Results from using a new dyadic-dependence model to analyze sociocentric physician networks
by Paul, Sudeshna & Keating, Nancy L. & Landon, Bruce E. & O’Malley, A. James
- 60-78 Social networks and health: A systematic review of sociocentric network studies in low- and middle-income countries
by Perkins, Jessica M. & Subramanian, S.V. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 79-93 Challenges to recruiting population representative samples of female sex workers in China using Respondent Driven Sampling
by Merli, M. Giovanna & Moody, James & Smith, Jeffrey & Li, Jing & Weir, Sharon & Chen, Xiangsheng
- 94-106 The health benefits of network growth: New evidence from a national survey of older adults
by Cornwell, Benjamin & Laumann, Edward O.
- 107-115 The mix matters: Complex personal networks relate to higher cognitive functioning in old age
by Ellwardt, Lea & Van Tilburg, Theo G. & Aartsen, Marja J.
- 129-138 Social network predictors of latrine ownership
by Shakya, Holly B. & Christakis, Nicholas A. & Fowler, James H.
- 139-150 Tragic, but not random: The social contagion of nonfatal gunshot injuries
by Papachristos, Andrew V. & Wildeman, Christopher & Roberto, Elizabeth
- 151-162 Reprint of: The myth of conformity: Adolescents and abstention from unhealthy drinking behaviors
by Rees, Carter & Wallace, Danielle
- 163-172 Neighborhoods and adolescent health-risk behavior: An ecological network approach
by Browning, Christopher R. & Soller, Brian & Jackson, Aubrey L.
- 173-181 Multiplex congruity: Friendship networks and perceived popularity as correlates of adolescent alcohol use
by Fujimoto, Kayo & Valente, Thomas W.
- 182-191 Reprint of: “This is the medicine:” A Kenyan community responds to a sexual concurrency reduction intervention
by Knopf, Amelia & Agot, Kawango & Sidle, John & Naanyu, Violet & Morris, Martina
- 192-202 A new HIV prevention network approach: Sociometric peer change agent selection
by Schneider, John A. & Zhou, A. Ning & Laumann, Edward O.
- 203-213 Leveraging social influence to address overweight and obesity using agent-based models: The role of adolescent social networks
by Zhang, J. & Tong, L. & Lamberson, P.J. & Durazo-Arvizu, R.A. & Luke, A. & Shoham, D.A.
2015, Volume 124, Issue C
- 1-8 Shards of sorrow: Older men's accounts of their depression experience
by Apesoa-Varano, Ester Carolina & Barker, Judith C. & Hinton, Ladson
- 11-17 Childhood psychological distress and youth unemployment: Evidence from two British cohort studies
by Egan, Mark & Daly, Michael & Delaney, Liam
- 18-28 Paying for primary care: A cross-sectional analysis of cost and morbidity distributions across primary care payment models in Ontario Canada
by Rudoler, David & Laporte, Audrey & Barnsley, Janet & Glazier, Richard H. & Deber, Raisa B.
- 29-38 Does informal care impact utilization of healthcare services? Evidence from a longitudinal study of stroke patients
by Torbica, Aleksandra & Calciolari, Stefano & Fattore, Giovanni
- 39-47 Dealing with uncertainty and high prices of new medicines: A comparative analysis of the use of managed entry agreements in Belgium, England, the Netherlands and Sweden
by Ferrario, Alessandra & Kanavos, Panos
- 48-56 Valuing health at the end of life: A stated preference discrete choice experiment
by Shah, Koonal K. & Tsuchiya, Aki & Wailoo, Allan J.
- 57-65 Exploring the feasibility of theory synthesis: A worked example in the field of health related risk-taking
by Pound, Pandora & Campbell, Rona
- 66-75 The physical and social determinants of mortality in the 3.11 tsunami
by Aldrich, Daniel P. & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 76-84 The determinants of dentists' productivity and the measurement of output
by Gutacker, Nils & Harris, Anthony & Brennan, David & Hollingsworth, Bruce
- 85-93 Sick of our loans: Student borrowing and the mental health of young adults in the United States
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Gee, Gilbert C. & Gentile, Danielle
- 94-102 Willingness to pay for telecare programmes to support independent living: Results from a contingent valuation study
by Callan, Aoife & O'Shea, Eamon
- 103-114 Changing handwashing behaviour in southern Ethiopia: A longitudinal study on infrastructural and commitment interventions
by Contzen, Nadja & Meili, Iara Helena & Mosler, Hans-Joachim
- 115-120 Cost sharing and hospitalizations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions
by Arrieta, Alejandro & García-Prado, Ariadna
- 121-131 Is temporary employment damaging to health? A longitudinal study on Italian workers
by Pirani, Elena & Salvini, Silvana
- 132-141 Racial/ethnic differences in use of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana: Is there a cross-over from adolescence to adulthood?
by Keyes, Katherine M. & Vo, Thomas & Wall, Melanie M. & Caetano, Raul & Suglia, Shakira F. & Martins, Silvia S. & Galea, Sandro & Hasin, Deborah
- 142-151 Mental health inequalities in 9 former Soviet Union countries: Evidence from the previous decade
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & McKee, Martin
- 152-161 Environmental disorder and functional decline among older adults: A layered context approach
by Schafer, Markus H. & Upenieks, Laura
- 162-170 Mental health and general wellness in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike
by Lowe, Sarah R. & Joshi, Spruha & Pietrzak, Robert H. & Galea, Sandro & Cerdá, Magdalena
- 171-179 Are neighborhood bonding and bridging social capital protective against depressive mood in old age? A multilevel analysis in Japan
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Nofuji, Yu & Matsuo, Eri & Nishi, Mariko & Taniguchi, Yu & Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Shinkai, Shoji
- 180-186 Prestige rankings of chronic diseases and disabilities. A survey among professionals in the disability field
by Grue, Jan & Johannessen, Lars E.F. & Rasmussen, Erik Fossan
- 187-195 Social norms and its correlates as a pathway to smoking among young Latino adults
by Echeverría, Sandra E. & Gundersen, Daniel A. & Manderski, Michelle T.B. & Delnevo, Cristine D.
- 196-204 Framing in policy processes: A case study from hospital planning in the National Health Service in England
by Jones, Lorelei & Exworthy, Mark
- 205-214 Developing empirically supported theories of change for housing investment and health
by Thomson, Hilary & Thomas, Sian
- 215-223 When does marketisation lead to privatisation? Profit-making in English health services after the 2012 Health and Social Care Act
by Krachler, Nick & Greer, Ian
- 224-231 Hybridity as a process of technology's ‘translation’: Customizing a national Electronic Patient Record
by Petrakaki, Dimitra & Klecun, Ela
- 232-240 Do community health workers perceive mechanisms associated with the success of community case management of malaria? A qualitative study from Burkina Faso
by Druetz, Thomas & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Haddad, Slim & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry
- 241-245 Implementation of effective cigarette health warning labels among low and middle income countries: State capacity, path-dependency and tobacco industry activity
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Glantz, Stanton A.
- 246-256 The impact of interventions to promote physical activity in urban green space: A systematic review and recommendations for future research
by Hunter, Ruth F. & Christian, Hayley & Veitch, Jenny & Astell-Burt, Thomas & Hipp, J.Aaron & Schipperijn, Jasper
- 257-265 The effect of traffic lights and regulatory statements on the choice between complementary and conventional medicines in Australia: Results from a discrete choice experiment
by Spinks, Jean & Mortimer, Duncan
- 266-274 Exploring complex causal pathways between urban renewal, health and health inequality using a theory-driven realist approach
by Mehdipanah, Roshanak & Manzano, Ana & Borrell, Carme & Malmusi, Davide & Rodriguez-Sanz, Maica & Greenhalgh, Joanne & Muntaner, Carles & Pawson, Ray
- 275-283 Increase in frailty of older workers and retirees predicted by negative psychosocial working conditions on the job
by Kalousova, Lucie & Mendes de Leon, Carlos
- 290-297 Perceptions of an ‘international hospital’ in Thailand by medical travel patients: Cross-cultural tensions in a transnational space
by Whittaker, Andrea & Chee, Heng Leng
- 298-304 Brief encounters: Assembling cosmetic surgery tourism
by Holliday, Ruth & Bell, David & Cheung, Olive & Jones, Meredith & Probyn, Elspeth
- 305-312 Solidarity by demand? Exit and voice in international medical travel – The case of Indonesia
by Ormond, Meghann
- 313-320 South–South medical tourism and the quest for health in Southern Africa
by Crush, Jonathan & Chikanda, Abel
- 321-330 Health region development from the perspective of system theory – An empirical cross-regional case study
by Volgger, Michael & Mainil, Tomas & Pechlaner, Harald & Mitas, Ondrej
- 331-337 Reprint of: Dream vs. reality: Seven case-studies on the desirability and feasibility of cross-border hospital collaboration in Europe
by Glinos, Irene A. & Baeten, Rita
- 338-345 International patients within the NHS: A case of public sector entrepreneurialism
by Lunt, Neil & Exworthy, Mark & Hanefeld, Johanna & Smith, Richard D.
- 346-355 Transnational healthcare practices of Romanian migrants in Ireland: Inequalities of access and the privatisation of healthcare services in Europe
by Stan, Sabina
- 356-363 Why do medical tourists travel to where they do? The role of networks in determining medical travel
by Hanefeld, J. & Lunt, N. & Smith, R. & Horsfall, D.
- 364-373 Cross-border mobility and social networks: Laotians seeking medical treatment along the Thai border
by Bochaton, Audrey
- 374-382 International migration of health professionals and the marketization and privatization of health education in India: From push–pull to global political economy
by Walton-Roberts, Margaret
- 383-390 Transnational surrogacy: Canada's contradictions
by Lozanski, Kristin
- 391-397 Cross-border reproductive care for law evasion: A qualitative study into the experiences and moral perspectives of French women who go to Belgium for treatment with donor sperm
by Van Hoof, Wannes & Pennings, Guido & De Sutter, Petra
2014, Volume 123, Issue C
- 1-6 Inequalities in institutional delivery uptake and maternal mortality reduction in the context of cash incentive program, Janani Suraksha Yojana: Results from nine states in India
by Randive, Bharat & San Sebastian, Miguel & De Costa, Ayesha & Lindholm, Lars