Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
2017, Volume 177, Issue C
- 52-60 International synthesis and case study examination of promising caregiver-friendly workplaces
by Ramesh, Shruti & Ireson, Rachelle & Williams, Allison
- 61-68 Finger Pricks and Blood Vials: How doctors medicalize ‘cultural’ solutions to demedicalize the ‘broken’ hymen in the Netherlands
by Ayuandini, Sherria
- 69-77 Adapting public policy theory for public health research: A framework to understand the development of national policies on global health
by Jones, Catherine M. & Clavier, Carole & Potvin, Louise
- 78-86 Advocacy coalitions involved in California's menu labeling policy debate: Exploring coalition structure, policy beliefs, resources, and strategies
by Payán, Denise D. & Lewis, LaVonna B. & Cousineau, Michael R. & Nichol, Michael B.
- 87-99 Understanding seasonal mobilities, health and wellbeing to Sanya, China
by Kou, Lirong & Xu, Honggang & Hannam, Kevin
- 100-109 Early-life and adult socioeconomic determinants of myocardial infarction incidence and fatality
by Kilpi, Fanny & Silventoinen, Karri & Konttinen, Hanna & Martikainen, Pekka
- 110-117 Poverty and perceived stress: Evidence from two unconditional cash transfer programs in Zambia
by Hjelm, Lisa & Handa, Sudhanshu & de Hoop, Jacobus & Palermo, Tia
- 118-126 Impact of health financing policies in Cambodia: A 20 year experience
by Ensor, Tim & Chhun, Chhim & Kimsun, Ton & McPake, Barbara & Edoka, Ijeoma
- 127-140 Addressing care-seeking as well as insurance-seeking selection biases in estimating the impact of health insurance on out-of-pocket expenditure
by Ali, Shehzad & Cookson, Richard & Dusheiko, Mark
- 141-149 Generating political priority for regulatory interventions targeting obesity prevention: an Australian case study
by Baker, Phillip & Gill, Timothy & Friel, Sharon & Carey, Gemma & Kay, Adrian
- 150-157 Knowledge and power in policy-making for child survival in Niger
by Dalglish, Sarah L. & Rodríguez, Daniela C. & Harouna, Abdoutan & Surkan, Pamela J.
- 158-168 Positive welfare state dynamics? Sickness benefits and sickness absence in Europe 1997–2011
by Sjöberg, Ola
- 169-176 The “Western disease”: Autism and Somali parents' embodied health movements
by Decoteau, Claire Laurier
- 177-189 Public attitudes towards alcohol control policies in Scotland and England: Results from a mixed-methods study
by Li, Jessica & Lovatt, Melanie & Eadie, Douglas & Dobbie, Fiona & Meier, Petra & Holmes, John & Hastings, Gerard & MacKintosh, Anne Marie
- 190-197 Similarities and differences in the meanings children and their parents attach to epilepsy medications
by Webster, Michelle
- 198-204 Perceived discrimination and low back pain among 28,532 workers in South Korea: Effect modification by labor union status
by Lee, Nagyeong & Sung, Hyoju & Kim, Ji-Hwan & Punnett, Laura & Kim, Seung-Sup
- 205-212 Medicaid's lasting impressions: Population health and insurance at birth
by Sohn, Heeju
- 213-222 Intersectionality and risk for ischemic heart disease in Sweden: Categorical and anti-categorical approaches
by Wemrell, Maria & Mulinari, Shai & Merlo, Juan
- 223-230 Urban and non-urban differences in community living and participation among individuals with serious mental illnesses
by Townley, Greg & Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S.
- 231-238 Personal and political histories in the designing of health reform policy in Bolivia
by Bernstein, Alissa
- 239-247 Illuminating the lifecourse of place in the longitudinal study of neighbourhoods and health
by Lekkas, Peter & Paquet, Catherine & Howard, Natasha J. & Daniel, Mark
- 248-255 Reporting bias inflates the reputation of medical treatments: A comparison of outcomes in clinical trials and online product reviews
by de Barra, Mícheál
- 259-268 Enacted abortion stigma in the United States
by Cowan, Sarah K.
- 269-277 Interrupting pathways to sepsis: Effectiveness of an intervention to reduce delays in timely care for sick children in rural Bangladesh
by Aboud, Frances E. & Rahman, Ehsanur & Kassam, Rosemin & Khan, Jasmin & Ali, Nabeel Ashraf & Taleb, Fahmida
- 278-287 Do Hospital Boards matter for better, safer, patient care?
by Mannion, R. & Davies, H.T.O. & Jacobs, R. & Kasteridis, P. & Millar, R. & Freeman, T.
2017, Volume 176, Issue C
- 1-13 Trade liberalization and social determinants of health: A state of the literature review
by McNamara, Courtney
- 14-20 Guilt without fault: A qualitative study into the ethics of forgiveness after traumatic childbirth
by Schrøder, Katja & la Cour, Karen & Jørgensen, Jan Stener & Lamont, Ronald F. & Hvidt, Niels Christian
- 21-24 Son-biased sex ratios in 2010 US Census and 2011–2013 US natality data
by Almond, Douglas & Sun, Yixin
- 25-33 Conceptualisation of the ‘good’ self-manager: A qualitative investigation of stakeholder views on the self-management of long-term health conditions
by Ellis, J. & Boger, E. & Latter, S. & Kennedy, A. & Jones, F. & Foster, C. & Demain, S.
- 34-41 Predictors of decline in IADL functioning among older survivors following the Great East Japan earthquake: A prospective study
by Tsuboya, Toru & Aida, Jun & Hikichi, Hiroyuki & Subramanian, S.V. & Kondo, Katsunori & Osaka, Ken & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 42-51 Hour-glass ceilings: Work-hour thresholds, gendered health inequities
by Dinh, Huong & Strazdins, Lyndall & Welsh, Jennifer
- 52-59 “Life is so easy on ART, once you accept it”: Acceptance, denial and linkage to HIV care in Shiselweni, Swaziland
by Horter, Shona & Thabede, Zanele & Dlamini, Velibanti & Bernays, Sarah & Stringer, Beverley & Mazibuko, Sikhathele & Dube, Lenhle & Rusch, Barbara & Jobanputra, Kiran
- 60-68 The productive techniques and constitutive effects of ‘evidence-based policy’ and ‘consumer participation’ discourses in health policy processes
by Lancaster, K. & Seear, K. & Treloar, C. & Ritter, A.
- 69-76 From wanting to willing – controlled drug use as a treatment goal
by Järvinen, Margaretha
- 77-84 “Too much medicine”: Insights and explanations from economic theory and research
by Hensher, Martin & Tisdell, John & Zimitat, Craig
- 85-92 Community-based participatory research in a heavily researched inner city neighbourhood: Perspectives of people who use drugs on their experiences as peer researchers
by Damon, Will & Callon, Cody & Wiebe, Lee & Small, Will & Kerr, Thomas & McNeil, Ryan
- 93-112 The mental health of Indigenous peoples in Canada: A critical review of research
by Nelson, Sarah E. & Wilson, Kathi
- 113-122 Wasting the doctor's time? A video-elicitation interview study with patients in primary care
by Llanwarne, Nadia & Newbould, Jennifer & Burt, Jenni & Campbell, John L. & Roland, Martin
- 123-132 Assessment of acculturation in minority health research
by Fox, Molly & Thayer, Zaneta & Wadhwa, Pathik D.
- 133-141 Uptake of health insurance and the productive safety net program in rural Ethiopia
by Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 142-148 The resource curse and child mortality, 1961–2011
by Wigley, Simon
- 149-157 Offspring schooling associated with increased parental survival in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by De Neve, Jan-Walter & Harling, Guy
- 158-165 Income, financial barriers to health care and public health expenditure: A multilevel analysis of 28 countries
by Kim, Tae Jun & Vonneilich, Nico & Lüdecke, Daniel & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf
- 166-174 Health in the Tenderloin: A resident-guided study of substance use, treatment, and housing
by Chang, Jamie Suki
- 175-182 Socioeconomic disparities in adolescent substance use: Role of enjoyable alternative substance-free activities
by Andrabi, Nafeesa & Khoddam, Rubin & Leventhal, Adam M.
2017, Volume 175, Issue C
- 1-10 Activity spaces of men who have sex with men: An initial exploration of geographic variation in locations of routine, potential sexual risk, and prevention behaviors
by Vaughan, Adam S. & Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Rosenberg, Eli S. & Sullivan, Patrick S.
- 11-27 Equity in healthcare resource allocation decision making: A systematic review
by Lane, Haylee & Sarkies, Mitchell & Martin, Jennifer & Haines, Terry
- 28-35 The business cycle and mortality: Urban versus rural counties
by Sameem, Sediq & Sylwester, Kevin
- 36-42 Does work-to-family conflict really matter for health? Cross-sectional, prospective cohort and fixed-effects analyses
by Oshio, Takashi & Inoue, Akiomi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi
- 43-51 Poverty dynamics and parental mental health: Determinants of childhood mental health in the UK
by Fitzsimons, Emla & Goodman, Alissa & Kelly, Elaine & Smith, James P.
- 52-57 Socioeconomic factors related to surgical treatment for localized, non-small cell lung cancer
by Jiang, Xiaqing & Lin, Ge & Islam, K.M. Monirul
- 58-65 Relation between social network and psychological distress among middle-aged adults in Japan: Evidence from a national longitudinal survey
by Fu, Rong & Noguchi, Harkuo & Tachikawa, Hirokazu & Aiba, Miyuki & Nakamine, Shin & Kawamura, Akira & Takahashi, Hideto & Tamiya, Nanako
- 66-71 Is it time to talk? Understanding specialty child mental healthcare providers' decisions to engage in interdisciplinary communication with pediatricians
by Reiss, Michael & Greene, Carolyn A. & Ford, Julian D.
- 72-80 Monitoring income-related health differences between regions in Great Britain: A new measure for ordinal health data
by Allanson, Paul
- 81-90 The weight of inequalities: Duration of residence and offspring's birthweight among migrant mothers in Sweden
by Juárez, Sol P. & Hjern, Anders
- 91-98 Negotiating intersex: A case for revising the theory of social diagnosis
by Jenkins, Tania M. & Short, Susan E.
- 99-108 Experience in action: Moderating care in web-based patient feedback
by Ziewitz, Malte
- 109-116 Patient agency and contested notions of disability in social assistance applications in South Africa
by Kelly, Gabrielle
- 117-126 Assessing physician productivity following Norwegian hospital reform: A panel and data envelopment analysis
by Johannessen, Karl Arne & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Hagen, Terje P.
- 127-134 Modelling possible causality in the associations between unemployment, cannabis use, and alcohol misuse
by Boden, Joseph M. & Lee, Jungeun Olivia & Horwood, L. John & Grest, Carolina Villamil & McLeod, Geraldine F.H.
- 135-142 Pappa Ante Portas: The effect of the husband's retirement on the wife's mental health in Japan
by Bertoni, Marco & Brunello, Giorgio
- 143-151 Relations between neighbourhood socioeconomic status and birth outcomes are mediated by maternal weight
by Clayborne, Zahra M. & Giesbrecht, Gerald F. & Bell, Rhonda C. & Tomfohr-Madsen, Lianne M.
- 152-160 Effects of assisted outpatient treatment and health care services on psychotic symptoms
by Schneeberger, Andres R. & Huber, Christian G. & Lang, Undine E. & Muenzenmaier, Kristina H. & Castille, Dorothy & Jaeger, Matthias & Seixas, Azizi & Sowislo, Julia & Link, Bruce G.
- 161-168 Climate change threats to family farmers' sense of place and mental wellbeing: A case study from the Western Australian Wheatbelt
by Ellis, Neville R. & Albrecht, Glenn A.
- 169-176 Between a rock and a hard place: Economic expansion and social responsibility in UK media discourses on the global alcohol industry
by Thornton, Mary & Hawkins, Benjamin
- 177-186 Effects of donor proliferation in development aid for health on health program performance: A conceptual framework
by Pallas, Sarah Wood & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 187-198 How universal is coverage and access to diagnosis and treatment for Chagas disease in Colombia? A health systems analysis
by Cucunubá, Zulma M. & Manne-Goehler, Jennifer M. & Díaz, Diana & Nouvellet, Pierre & Bernal, Oscar & Marchiol, Andrea & Basáñez, María-Gloria & Conteh, Lesong
- 199-208 The threat of home eviction and its effects on health through the equity lens: A systematic review
by Vásquez-Vera, Hugo & Palència, Laia & Magna, Ingrid & Mena, Carlos & Neira, Jaime & Borrell, Carme
- 219-227 Graphic health warnings as activators of social networks: A field experiment among individuals of low socioeconomic position
by Ramanadhan, Shoba & Nagler, Rebekah H. & McCloud, Rachel & Kohler, Racquel & Viswanath, Kasisomayajula
- 228-234 The utility of hair cortisol concentrations in the prediction of PTSD symptoms following traumatic physical injury
by Pacella, Maria L. & Hruska, Bryce & Steudte-Schmiedgen, Susann & George, Richard L. & Delahanty, Douglas L.
- 235-243 “Doing what I do best”: The association between skill utilization and employee health with healthy behavior as a mediator
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Heaney, Catherine A.
- 244-252 Correlational study and randomised controlled trial for understanding and changing red meat consumption: The role of eating identities
by Carfora, V. & Caso, D. & Conner, M.
2017, Volume 174, Issue C
- 1-8 Revealing student nurses' perceptions of human dignity through curriculum co-design
by Munoz, Sarah-Anne & Macaden, Leah & Kyle, Richard & Webster, Elaine
- 9-16 Negotiating the (bio)medical gaze – Experiences of trans-specific healthcare in Sweden
by Linander, Ida & Alm, Erika & Hammarström, Anne & Harryson, Lisa
- 17-25 Disparities in self-rated health across generations and through the life course
by Link, Bruce G. & Susser, Ezra S. & Factor-Litvak, Pam & March, Dana & Kezios, Katrina L. & Lovasi, Gina S. & Rundle, Andrew G. & Suglia, Shakira F. & Fader, Kim M. & Andrews, Howard F. & Johnson, Eileen & Cirillo, Piera M. & Cohn, Barbara A.
- 26-34 Social-structural properties and HIV prevention among young men who have sex with men in the ballroom house and independent gay family communities
by Young, Lindsay E. & Jonas, Adam B. & Michaels, Stuart & Jackson, Joel D. & Pierce, Mario L. & Schneider, John A.
- 35-42 Neutrality in medicine and health professionals from ethnic minority groups: The case of Arab health professionals in Israel
by Keshet, Yael & Popper-Giveon, Ariela
- 43-52 Prescription hypnotics in the news: A study of UK audiences
by Gabe, Jonathan & Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M.
- 53-63 Climate change and epidemics in Chinese history: A multi-scalar analysis
by Lee, Harry F. & Fei, Jie & Chan, Christopher Y.S. & Pei, Qing & Jia, Xin & Yue, Ricci P.H.
- 64-69 Outsourcing cleaning services increases MRSA incidence: Evidence from 126 english acute trusts
by Toffolutti, Veronica & Reeves, Aaron & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 70-78 Promissory identities: Sociotechnical representations & innovation in regenerative medicine
by Gardner, John & Higham, Ruchi & Faulkner, Alex & Webster, Andrew
- 79-85 The making of a population: Challenges, implications, and consequences of the quantification of social difference
by Cruz, Taylor M.
- 89-95 The impact of HTA and procurement practices on the selection and prices of medical devices
by Callea, Giuditta & Armeni, Patrizio & Marsilio, Marta & Jommi, Claudio & Tarricone, Rosanna
- 96-103 Does the relationship between health-related quality of life and subjective well-being change over time? An exploratory study among breast cancer patients
by Tessier, Philippe & Blanchin, Myriam & Sébille, Véronique
- 104-112 Hospitals as complex adaptive systems: A case study of factors influencing priority setting practices at the hospital level in Kenya
by Barasa, Edwine W. & Molyneux, Sassy & English, Mike & Cleary, Susan
- 113-121 Governance of global health research consortia: Sharing sovereignty and resources within Future Health Systems
by Pratt, Bridget & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 122-132 What caused the 2012 dengue outbreak in Pucallpa, Peru? A socio-ecological autopsy
by Charette, Margot & Berrang-Ford, Lea & Llanos-Cuentas, Elmer Alejandro & Cárcamo, César & Kulkarni, Manisha
- 133-141 Parents' experience of unintended childbearing: A qualitative study of factors that mitigate or exacerbate effects
by Kavanaugh, Megan L. & Kost, Kathryn & Frohwirth, Lori & Maddow-Zimet, Isaac & Gor, Vivian
- 142-148 Controlling the unruly maternal body: Losing and gaining control over the body during pregnancy and the postpartum period
by Neiterman, Elena & Fox, Bonnie
- 149-158 Neighborhood age structure and cognitive function in a nationally-representative sample of older adults in the U.S
by Friedman, Esther M. & Shih, Regina A. & Slaughter, Mary E. & Weden, Margaret M. & Cagney, Kathleen A.
- 159-168 Dynamic axes of informed consent in Japan
by Specker Sullivan, Laura
- 169-178 Immigration policies and mental health morbidity among Latinos: A state-level analysis
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Prins, Seth J. & Flake, Morgan & Philbin, Morgan & Frazer, M. Somjen & Hagen, Daniel & Hirsch, Jennifer
- 179-187 The role of physicians in prescribing irrational fixed-dose combination medicines in India
by Bhaskarabhatla, Ajay & Chatterjee, Chirantan
- 188-196 Women's police stations and intimate partner violence: Evidence from Brazil
by Perova, Elizaveta & Reynolds, Sarah Anne
- 197-208 Early-life income inequality and adolescent health and well-being
by Elgar, Frank J. & Gariépy, Geneviève & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Currie, Candace
- 209-212 Associations of baseline depressed mood and happiness with subsequent well-being in cardiac patients
by Craner, Julia & Douglas, Kristin Vickers & Dierkhising, Ross & Hathaway, Julie & Goel, Kashish & Thomas, Randal J.
- 213-219 Time to first cigarette and serum cholesterol levels
by Selya, Arielle S. & Hesse, Naa Dede
- 220-227 The impact of IMF conditionality on government health expenditure: A cross-national analysis of 16 West African nations
by Stubbs, Thomas & Kentikelenis, Alexander & Stuckler, David & McKee, Martin & King, Lawrence
2017, Volume 173, Issue C
- 1-8 Requests for cesarean deliveries: The politics of labor pain and pain relief in Shanghai, China
by Wang, Eileen
- 9-17 Does the proportion of pay linked to performance affect the job satisfaction of general practitioners?
by Allen, Thomas & Whittaker, William & Sutton, Matt
- 18-25 Minding the gap: Subjective relative deprivation and depressive symptoms
by Beshai, Shadi & Mishra, Sandeep & Meadows, Tyler J.S. & Parmar, Priya & Huang, Vivian
- 26-34 And justice for all: Examining corruption as a contextual source of mental illness
by van Deurzen, Ioana
- 35-47 Parental health shocks and schooling: The impact of mutual health insurance in Rwanda
by Woode, Maame Esi
- 48-53 The socioeconomic within-gender gap in informal caregiving among middle-aged women: Evidence from a Japanese nationwide survey
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 54-62 Socioeconomic position, John Henryism, and incidence of acute myocardial infarction in Finnish men
by Mujahid, Mahasin S. & James, Sherman A. & Kaplan, George A. & Salonen, Jukka T.
- 63-71 User preferences and willingness to pay for safe drinking water: Experimental evidence from rural Tanzania
by Burt, Zachary & Njee, Robert M. & Mbatia, Yolanda & Msimbe, Veritas & Brown, Joe & Clasen, Thomas F. & Malebo, Hamisi M. & Ray, Isha
- 72-80 Health effects of informal caregiving across Europe: A longitudinal approach
by Kaschowitz, Judith & Brandt, Martina
- 81-87 “Not there yet”: Examining community support from the perspective of people with dementia and their partners in care
by Herron, R.V. & Rosenberg, M.W.
- 88-95 Social network types among older Korean adults: Associations with subjective health
by Sohn, Sung Yun & Joo, Won-tak & Kim, Woo Jung & Kim, Se Joo & Youm, Yoosik & Kim, Hyeon Chang & Park, Yeong-Ran & Lee, Eun
- 96-103 Optimising the community-based approach to healthcare improvement: Comparative case studies of the clinical community model in practice
by Aveling, Emma-Louise & Martin, Graham & Herbert, Georgia & Armstrong, Natalie
- 110-117 Neighbourly support of people with chronic illness; is it related to neighbourhood social capital?
by Waverijn, Geeke & Heijmans, Monique & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 118-125 Associations between community-level disaster exposure and individual-level changes in disability and risk of death for older Americans
by Brilleman, Samuel L. & Wolfe, Rory & Moreno-Betancur, Margarita & Sales, Anne E. & Langa, Kenneth M. & Li, Yun & Daugherty Biddison, Elizabeth L. & Rubinson, Lewis & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 126-133 The role of sleep problems in the relationship between peer victimization and antisocial behavior: A five-year longitudinal study
by Chang, Ling-Yin & Wu, Wen-Chi & Wu, Chi-Chen & Lin, Linen Nymphas & Yen, Lee-Lan & Chang, Hsing-Yi
2017, Volume 172, Issue C
- 1-9 Constructing embodied identity in a ‘new’ ageing population: A qualitative study of the pioneer cohort of childhood liver transplant recipients in the UK
by Lowton, Karen & Hiley, Chris & Higgs, Paul
- 10-18 A network approach to policy framing: A case study of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan
by Browne, Jennifer & de Leeuw, Evelyne & Gleeson, Deborah & Adams, Karen & Atkinson, Petah & Hayes, Rick
- 21-27 Is trade liberalisation a vector for the spread of sugar-sweetened beverages? A cross-national longitudinal analysis of 44 low- and middle-income countries
by Mendez Lopez, Ana & Loopstra, Rachel & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 28-36 Reconciling community-based Indigenous research and academic practices: Knowing principles is not always enough
by Morton Ninomiya, Melody E. & Pollock, Nathaniel J.
- 37-45 Food and beverage product reformulation as a corporate political strategy
by Scott, C. & Hawkins, B. & Knai, C.
- 46-55 Universal health coverage at the macro level: Synthetic control evidence from Thailand
by Rieger, Matthias & Wagner, Natascha & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 56-63 Neighborhood social stressors, fine particulate matter air pollution, and cognitive function among older U.S. adults
by Ailshire, Jennifer & Karraker, Amelia & Clarke, Philippa
- 64-71 Two approaches, one problem: Cultural constructions of type II diabetes in an indigenous community in Yucatán, Mexico
by Frank, Sarah M. & Durden, T. Elizabeth
- 72-79 Common or multiple futures for end of life care around the world? Ideas from the ‘waiting room of history’
by Zaman, Shahaduz & Inbadas, Hamilton & Whitelaw, Alexander & Clark, David
- 80-88 How do individuals value health states? A qualitative investigation
by Karimi, M. & Brazier, J. & Paisley, S.
- 89-97 Public health and public trust: Survey evidence from the Ebola Virus Disease epidemic in Liberia
by Blair, Robert A. & Morse, Benjamin S. & Tsai, Lily L.
- 98-106 Your money or your time? How both types of scarcity matter to physical activity and healthy eating
by Venn, Danielle & Strazdins, Lyndall
- 107-114 Cancer patients' experiences with nature: Normalizing dichotomous realities
by Blaschke, Sarah & O'Callaghan, Clare C. & Schofield, Penelope & Salander, Pär
- 115-123 Distinguishing hypothetical willingness from behavioral intentions to initiate HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP): Findings from a large cohort of gay and bisexual men in the U.S
by Rendina, H. Jonathon & Whitfield, Thomas H.F. & Grov, Christian & Starks, Tyrel J. & Parsons, Jeffrey T.
- 124-134 Communication about HIV and death: Maternal reports of primary school-aged children's questions after maternal HIV disclosure in rural South Africa
by Rochat, Tamsen J. & Mitchell, Joanie & Lubbe, Anina M. & Stein, Alan & Tomlinson, Mark & Bland, Ruth M.
- 135-143 Separating, replacing, intersecting: The influence of context on the construction of the medical-nursing boundary
by Liberati, Elisa Giulia
- 144-152 Conceptualising the public health role of actors operating outside of formal health systems: The case of social enterprise
by Roy, Michael J. & Baker, Rachel & Kerr, Susan
- 153-162 Gifts and influence: Conflict of interest policies and prescribing of psychotropic medications in the United States
by King, Marissa & Bearman, Peter S.
2016, Volume 171, Issue C
- 1-8 Standardizing psycho-medical torture during the War on Terror: Why it happened, how it happened, and why it didn't work
by Balfe, Myles
- 9-17 Food insecurity and maternal mental health in León, Nicaragua: Potential limitations on the moderating role of social support
by Piperata, Barbara A. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Rodrigues, Andres Herrera & Salazar Torres, Virgilio Mariano
- 18-29 Perceived community environmental influences on eating behaviors: A Photovoice analysis
by Belon, Ana Paula & Nieuwendyk, Laura M. & Vallianatos, Helen & Nykiforuk, Candace I.J.
- 30-38 Shorter lives in stingier states: Social policy shortcomings help explain the US mortality disadvantage
by Beckfield, Jason & Bambra, Clare
- 39-47 Avoiding blindness to health status in health achievement and health inequality measurement
by Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra
- 48-57 Female political representation and child health: Evidence from a multilevel analysis
by Quamruzzaman, Amm & Lange, Matthew
- 58-66 Early parenthood as a link between childhood disadvantage and adult heart problems: A gender-based approach
by Lee, Chioun & Ryff, Carol D.
- 67-83 Limited common origins of multiple adult health-related behaviors: Evidence from U.S. twins
by Sudharsanan, Nikkil & Behrman, Jere R. & Kohler, Hans-Peter
- 84-93 Improving community health through marketing exchanges: A participatory action research study on water, sanitation, and hygiene in three Melanesian countries
by Barrington, D.J. & Sridharan, S. & Saunders, S.G. & Souter, R.T. & Bartram, J. & Shields, K.F. & Meo, S. & Kearton, A. & Hughes, R.K.
- 94-102 Increased drug use and the timing of social assistance receipt among people who use illicit drugs
by Krebs, Emanuel & Wang, Linwei & Olding, Michelle & DeBeck, Kora & Hayashi, Kanna & Milloy, M.-J. & Wood, Evan & Nosyk, Bohdan & Richardson, Lindsey
2016, Volume 170, Issue C
- 1-8 Psychosocial distress and inflammation: Which way does causality flow?
by Das, Aniruddha
- 9-17 Conflict or congruence? Maternal and infant-centric factors associated with shorter exclusive breastfeeding durations among the Tsimane
by Martin, Melanie A. & Garcia, Geni & Kaplan, Hillard S. & Gurven, Michael D.
- 18-25 Role-meanings as a critical factor in understanding doctor managers' identity work and different role identities
by Cascón-Pereira, Rosalía & Chillas, Shiona & Hallier, Jerry
- 26-34 Functional health decline before and after retirement: A longitudinal analysis of the Health and Retirement Study
by van Zon, Sander K.R. & Bültmann, Ute & Reijneveld, Sijmen A. & de Leon, Carlos F. Mendes
- 35-45 Assessing spatial access to public and private hospitals in Sichuan, China: The influence of the private sector on the healthcare geography in China
by Pan, Jay & Zhao, Hanqing & Wang, Xiuli & Shi, Xun
- 46-54 Social media as a space for support: Young adults' perspectives on producing and consuming user-generated content about diabetes and mental health
by Fergie, Gillian & Hunt, Kate & Hilton, Shona
- 55-62 Social networks, social participation, and health among youth living in extreme poverty in rural Malawi
by Rock, Amelia & Barrington, Clare & Abdoulayi, Sara & Tsoka, Maxton & Mvula, Peter & Handa, Sudhanshu
- 63-76 The role of socioeconomic factors in Black-White health inequities across the life course: Point-in-time measures, long-term exposures, and differential health returns
by Boen, Courtney
- 77-86 The Quality and Outcomes Framework: Body commodification in UK general practice
by Norman, Armando H. & Russell, Andrew J. & Merli, Claudia
- 87-96 Decolonization and life expectancy in the Caribbean
by Verstraeten, Soraya P.A. & van Oers, Hans A.M. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 97-105 State risk discourse and the regulatory preservation of traditional medicine knowledge: The case of acupuncture in Ontario, Canada
by Ijaz, Nadine & Boon, Heather & Muzzin, Linda & Welsh, Sandy
- 106-113 Everyday tactics in local moral worlds: E-cigarette practices in a working-class area of the UK
by Thirlway, Frances
- 114-123 Marital history and survival after a heart attack
by Dupre, Matthew E. & Nelson, Alicia
- 124-132 Insurance coverage and socioeconomic differences in patient choice between private and public health care providers in China
by Wang, Qing & Zhang, Donglan & Hou, Zhiyuan
- 133-142 Intersystem return on investment in public mental health: Positive externality of public mental health expenditure for the jail system in the U.S
by Yoon, Jangho & Luck, Jeff
- 143-151 Realities of environmental toxicity and their ramifications for community engagement
by Clapp, Justin T. & Roberts, Jody A. & Dahlberg, Britt & Berry, Lee Sullivan & Jacobs, Lisa M. & Emmett, Edward A. & Barg, Frances K.
- 152-160 Frequency of medical malpractice claims: The effects of volumes and specialties
by Buzzacchi, Luigi & Scellato, Giuseppe & Ughetto, Elisa
- 161-169 The health, financial and distributional consequences of increases in the tobacco excise tax among smokers in Lebanon
by Salti, Nisreen & Brouwer, Elizabeth & Verguet, Stéphane
- 170-179 The relationship between maternal education and reported childhood conditions
by Berchick, Edward R.
- 180-187 Quantifying the individual-level association between income and mortality risk in the United States using the National Longitudinal Mortality Study
by Brodish, Paul Henry & Hakes, Jahn K.
- 188-196 Suffering and medicalization at the end of life: The case of physician-assisted dying
by Karsoho, Hadi & Fishman, Jennifer R. & Wright, David Kenneth & Macdonald, Mary Ellen
- 197-207 Child access to the nutritional safety net during and after the Great Recession: The case of WIC
by Jackson, Margot I. & Mayne, Patrick
- 208-217 Equity impact analysis of medical approaches to cardiovascular diseases prevention in Tanzania
by Ngalesoni, Frida N. & Ruhago, George M. & Mori, Amani T. & Robberstad, Bjarne & Norheim, Ole F.
- 220-227 Racial bias is associated with ingroup death rate for Blacks and Whites: Insights from Project Implicit
by Leitner, Jordan B. & Hehman, Eric & Ayduk, Ozlem & Mendoza-Denton, Rodolfo
- 228-236 How food insecurity contributes to poor HIV health outcomes: Qualitative evidence from the San Francisco Bay Area
by Whittle, Henry J. & Palar, Kartika & Seligman, Hilary K. & Napoles, Tessa & Frongillo, Edward A. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 237-246 Culture: The missing link in health research
by Kagawa Singer, M. & Dressler, W. & George, S.
- 247-254 First depressed, then discriminated against?
by Baert, Stijn & De Visschere, Sarah & Schoors, Koen & Vandenberghe, Désirée & Omey, Eddy
2016, Volume 169, Issue C
- 1-8 Crowding out or no crowding out? A Self-Determination Theory approach to health worker motivation in performance-based financing
by Lohmann, Julia & Houlfort, Nathalie & De Allegri, Manuela
- 9-17 Social mobility and subclinical atherosclerosis in a middle-income country: Association of intra- and inter-generational social mobility with carotid intima-media thickness in the Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)
by Guimarães, Joanna M.N. & Clarke, Philippa & Tate, Denise & Coeli, Claudia Medina & Griep, Rosane Harter & Fonseca, Maria de Jesus Mendes da & Santos, Itamar S. & Melo, Enirtes Caetano Prates & Chor, Dora
- 18-26 Vulnerability to unintentional injuries associated with land-use activities and search and rescue in Nunavut, Canada
by Clark, Dylan G. & Ford, James D. & Pearce, Tristan & Berrang-Ford, Lea
- 27-30 Fund my treatment!: A call for ethics-focused social science research into the use of crowdfunding for medical care
by Snyder, Jeremy & Mathers, Annalise & Crooks, Valorie A.
- 33-41 “Benches become like porches”: Built and social environment influences on older adults’ experiences of mobility and well-being
by Ottoni, Callista A. & Sims-Gould, Joanie & Winters, Meghan & Heijnen, Myrthe & McKay, Heather A.
- 42-49 Delivering risk information in a dynamic information environment: Framing and authoritative voice in Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and primetime broadcast news media communications during the 2014 Ebola outbreak
by Kott, Anne & Limaye, Rupali J.
- 50-57 Fear, vulnerability and sacrifice: Drivers of emergency department use and implications for policy
by Hudgins, Anastasia & Rising, Kristin L.
- 58-65 A social network analysis of substance use among immigrant adolescents in six European cities
by Lorant, Vincent & Soto Rojas, Victoria & Bécares, Laia & Kinnunen, Jaana M. & Kuipers, Mirte A.G. & Moor, Irene & Roscillo, Gaetano & Alves, Joana & Grard, Adeline & Rimpelä, Arja & Federico, Bruno & Richter, Matthias & Perelman, Julian & Kunst, Anton E.
- 66-76 Financing the HIV response in sub-Saharan Africa from domestic sources: Moving beyond a normative approach
by Remme, Michelle & Siapka, Mariana & Sterck, Olivier & Ncube, Mthuli & Watts, Charlotte & Vassall, Anna
- 77-85 Promoting physical activity interventions in communities with poor health and socio-economic profiles: A process evaluation of the implementation of a new walking group scheme
by Hanson, Sarah & Cross, Jane & Jones, Andy
- 86-96 Comparing the validity of the payment card and structured haggling willingness to pay methods: The case of a diabetes prevention program in rural Kenya
by Kangethe, Anne & Franic, Duska M. & Corso, Phaedra S.
- 97-105 How much are built environments changing, and where?: Patterns of change by neighborhood sociodemographic characteristics across seven U.S. metropolitan areas
by Hirsch, Jana A. & Grengs, Joe & Schulz, Amy & Adar, Sara D. & Rodriguez, Daniel A. & Brines, Shannon J. & Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 109-118 The use of specialty training to retain doctors in Malawi: A discrete choice experiment
by Mandeville, Kate L. & Ulaya, Godwin & Lagarde, Mylène & Muula, Adamson S. & Dzowela, Titha & Hanson, Kara
- 119-131 Associations between quantitative measures of women's empowerment and access to care and health status for mothers and their children: A systematic review of evidence from the developing world
by Pratley, Pierre
- 132-140 Music and health communication in The Gambia: A social capital approach
by McConnell, Bonnie B.
- 141-148 Economic evaluation of integrated new technologies for health and social care: Suggestions for policy makers, users and evaluators
by Wildman, John & McMeekin, Peter & Grieve, Eleanor & Briggs, Andrew
- 149-156 ‘No man is an island entire of itself.’ The hidden effect of peers on physical activity
by Downward, Paul & Rasciute, Simona
- 157-170 Disrespectful intrapartum care during facility-based delivery in sub-Saharan Africa: A qualitative systematic review and thematic synthesis of women's perceptions and experiences
by Bradley, Susan & McCourt, Christine & Rayment, Juliet & Parmar, Divya
- 171-179 Influences of race and breast density on related cognitive and emotion outcomes before mandated breast density notification
by Manning, Mark & Albrecht, Terrance L. & Yilmaz-Saab, Zeynep & Shultz, Julie & Purrington, Kristen
- 180-190 The impact of civil union legislation on minority stress, depression, and hazardous drinking in a diverse sample of sexual-minority women: A quasi-natural experiment
by Everett, Bethany G. & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Hughes, Tonda L.
2016, Volume 168, Issue C
- 7-15 Empty rituals? A qualitative study of users’ experience of monitoring & evaluation systems in HIV interventions in western India
by Shukla, Anuprita & Teedon, Paul & Cornish, Flora
- 16-29 Research on neighborhood effects on health in the United States: A systematic review of study characteristics
by Arcaya, Mariana C. & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Kim, Rockli & Schnake-Mahl, Alina & So, Marvin & Subramanian, S.V.
- 30-34 Does heightened fear of crime lead to poorer mental health in new suburbs, or vice versa?
by Foster, Sarah & Hooper, Paula & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 35-42 The association between overweight and internalizing and externalizing behavior in early childhood
by Camfferman, Roxanna & Jansen, Pauline W. & Rippe, Ralph C.A. & Mesman, Judi & Derks, Ivonne P.M. & Tiemeier, Henning & Jaddoe, Vincent & van der Veek, Shelley M.C.
- 43-52 Comprehensive primary health care under neo-liberalism in Australia
by Baum, Fran & Freeman, Toby & Sanders, David & Labonté, Ronald & Lawless, Angela & Javanparast, Sara
- 53-62 The costs of ‘free’: Experiences of facility-based childbirth after Benin's caesarean section exemption policy
by Lange, Isabelle L. & Kanhonou, Lydie & Goufodji, Sourou & Ronsmans, Carine & Filippi, Véronique
- 63-71 Transnational ties and the health of sub-Saharan African migrants: The moderating role of gender and family separation
by Afulani, Patience A. & Torres, Jacqueline M. & Sudhinaraset, May & Asunka, Joseph
- 72-83 The causal effect of increased primary schooling on child mortality in Malawi: Universal primary education as a natural experiment
by Makate, Marshall & Makate, Clifton
- 84-92 Building the nation's body: The contested role of abortion and family planning in post-war South Sudan
by Palmer, Jennifer J. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 93-100 First-generation Korean immigrants’ barriers to healthcare and their coping strategies in the US
by Jang, Sou Hyun
- 101-110 Illness identity as an important component of candidacy: Contrasting experiences of help-seeking and access to care in cancer and heart disease
by Macdonald, Sara & Blane, David & Browne, Susan & Conway, Ellie & Macleod, Una & May, Carl & Mair, Frances
- 111-119 Peer influence as a potential magnifier of ADHD diagnosis
by Aronson, Brian