Social Science & Medicine
2014, Volume 103, Issue C
- 110-117 Competing perspectives on erasing the stigma of illness: What says the dodo bird?
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Fong, Mandy W.M.
- 118-125 HIV prevention interventions to reduce sexual risk for African Americans: The influence of community-level stigma and psychological processes
by Reid, Allecia E. & Dovidio, John F. & Ballester, Estrellita & Johnson, Blair T.
- 126-133 Structural competency: Theorizing a new medical engagement with stigma and inequality
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Hansen, Helena
2014, Volume 102, Issue C
- 1-9 Do flexible alcohol trading hours reduce violence? A theory-based natural experiment in alcohol policy
by Humphreys, David K. & Eisner, Manuel P.
- 10-17 Mobilising “vulnerability” in the public health response to pandemic influenza
by Stephenson, Niamh & Davis, Mark & Flowers, Paul & MacGregor, Casimir & Waller, Emily
- 18-25 The spread of ‘Post Abortion Syndrome’ as social diagnosis
by Kelly, Kimberly
- 26-32 Perceived Organizational Justice in Care Services: Creation and multi-sample validation of a measure
by Pérez-Arechaederra, Diana & Briones, Elena & Lind, Allan & García-Ortiz, Luis
- 33-40 Socioeconomic status and the incidence of child injuries in China
by Fang, Xiangming & Jing, Ruiwei & Zeng, Guang & Linnan, Huan Wan & Zhu, Xu & Linnan, Michael
- 41-48 Healthy migrant and salmon bias hypotheses: A study of health and internal migration in China
by Lu, Yao & Qin, Lijian
- 49-57 Treatment seeking and health financing in selected poor urban neighbourhoods in India, Indonesia and Thailand
by Seeberg, Jens & Pannarunothai, Supasit & Padmawati, Retna Siwi & Trisnantoro, Laksono & Barua, Nupur & Pandav, Chandrakant S.
- 58-68 Health capabilities and diabetes self-management: The impact of economic, social, and cultural resources
by Weaver, Robert R. & Lemonde, Manon & Payman, Naghmeh & Goodman, William M.
- 69-73 Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis
by Levaggi, Rosella
- 74-82 Caregiving intensity and retirement status in Canada
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Laporte, Audrey & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Coyte, Peter C.
- 83-93 Quality of life instruments for economic evaluations in health and social care for older people: A systematic review
by Makai, Peter & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Stolk, Elly A. & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 94-102 The interaction of family background and personal education on depressive symptoms in later life
by Schaan, Barbara
- 103-110 Can mobile phones help control neglected tropical diseases? Experiences from Tanzania
by Madon, Shirin & Amaguru, Jackline Olanya & Malecela, Mwele Ntuli & Michael, Edwin
- 111-118 Informal caregivers' hopes and expectations of a referral to a memory clinic
by Morgan, Debra G. & Walls-Ingram, Sheena & Cammer, Allison & O'Connell, Megan E. & Crossley, Margaret & Bello-Haas, Vanina Dal & Forbes, Dorothy & Innes, Anthea & Kirk, Andrew & Stewart, Norma
- 119-128 Selling patients and other metaphors: A discourse analysis of the interpretive frames that shape emergency department admission handoffs
by Hilligoss, Brian
- 129-137 Does change in the neighborhood environment prevent obesity in older women?
by Michael, Yvonne L. & Nagel, Corey L. & Gold, Rachel & Hillier, Teresa A.
- 138-145 Governing healthcare: Finding meaning in a clinical practice guideline for the management of non-specific low back pain
by Wilson, Nicky & Pope, Catherine & Roberts, Lisa & Crouch, Robert
- 146-156 “She mixes her business”: HIV transmission and acquisition risks among female migrants in western Kenya
by Camlin, Carol S. & Kwena, Zachary A. & Dworkin, Shari L. & Cohen, Craig R. & Bukusi, Elizabeth A.
- 157-164 Implications for alcohol minimum unit pricing advocacy: What can we learn for public health from UK newsprint coverage of key claim-makers in the policy debate?
by Hilton, Shona & Wood, Karen & Patterson, Chris & Katikireddi, Srinivasa Vittal
- 165-173 Understanding motives for intravaginal practices amongst Tanzanian and Ugandan women at high risk of HIV infection: The embodiment of social and cultural norms and well-being
by Lees, Shelley & Zalwango, Flavia & Andrew, Bahati & Vandepitte, Judith & Seeley, Janet & Hayes, Richard J. & Francis, Suzanna C.
- 174-182 Income inequality and sexually transmitted in the United States: Who bears the burden?
by Harling, Guy & Subramanian, S.V. & Bärnighausen, Till & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 183-189 Assessing the population-level impact of vouchers on access to health facility delivery for women in Kenya
by Obare, Francis & Warren, Charlotte & Abuya, Timothy & Askew, Ian & Bellows, Ben
- 190-200 Health sector priority setting at meso-level in lower and middle income countries: Lessons learned, available options and suggested steps
by Hipgrave, David B. & Alderman, Katarzyna Bolsewicz & Anderson, Ian & Soto, Eliana Jimenez
2014, Volume 101, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of belonging to an alcohol-proscribing religious group on the relationship between moderate alcohol consumption and mortality
by Hayward, R. David & Krause, Neal
- 9-17 Social capital and chronic post-traumatic stress disorder among survivors of the 2007 earthquake in Pisco, Peru
by Flores, Elaine C. & Carnero, Andres M. & Bayer, Angela M.
- 18-27 Can social capital help explain enrolment (or lack thereof) in community-based health insurance? Results of an exploratory mixed methods study from Senegal
by Mladovsky, Philipa & Soors, Werner & Ndiaye, Pascal & Ndiaye, Alfred & Criel, Bart
- 28-35 Effect of the Crisis Assistance Program on poverty transition for seriously ill people in South Korea: A quasi-experimental study
by Kim, Chang-O & Joung, Won Oh
- 36-46 Social inequality in infant mortality: What explains variation across low and middle income countries?
by Hajizadeh, Mohammad & Nandi, Arijit & Heymann, Jody
- 47-51 The failure of financial incentive? The seemingly inexorable rise of cesarean section
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Bradley & Lin, Chung-Liang
- 52-60 Socioeconomic inequalities in health after age 50: Are health risk behaviors to blame?
by Shaw, Benjamin A. & McGeever, Kelly & Vasquez, Elizabeth & Agahi, Neda & Fors, Stefan
- 61-69 Public social monitoring reports and their effect on a policy programme aimed at addressing the social determinants of health to improve health equity in New Zealand
by Pega, Frank & Valentine, Nicole B. & Matheson, Don & Rasanathan, Kumanan
- 70-77 National electronic health records and the digital disruption of moral orders
by Garrety, Karin & McLoughlin, Ian & Wilson, Rob & Zelle, Gregor & Martin, Mike
- 78-85 Against all odds? Understanding the emergence of accreditation of the Danish hospitals
by Triantafillou, Peter
- 86-93 Discussing dying in the diaspora: Attitudes towards advance care planning among first generation Dutch and Italian migrants in rural Australia
by Sinclair, Craig & Smith, Jessica & Toussaint, Yann & Auret, Kirsten
- 94-106 Do post-migration perceptions of social mobility matter for Latino immigrant health?
by Alcántara, Carmela & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 107-112 Teaching hospital performance: Towards a community of shared values?
by Mauro, Marianna & Cardamone, Emma & Cavallaro, Giusy & Minvielle, Etienne & Rania, Francesco & Sicotte, Claude & Trotta, Annarita
- 113-119 Exerting control and adapting to loss in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
by Foley, Geraldine & Timonen, Virpi & Hardiman, Orla
- 120-128 Creating the ‘dis-ease’ of high cholesterol: A sociology of diagnosis reception analysis
by Jovanovic, Maja
- 129-138 The long lasting effects of education on old age health: Evidence of gender differences
by Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 139-147 From sickness to badness: The criminalization of HIV in Michigan
by Hoppe, Trevor
- 148-154 Short and long term improvements in quality of chronic care delivery predict program sustainability
by Cramm, Jane Murray & Nieboer, Anna Petra
- 155-165 The pharmaceuticalization of sexual risk: Vaccine development and the new politics of cancer prevention
by Mamo, Laura & Epstein, Steven
- 166-173 Death of a child and parental wellbeing in old age: Evidence from Taiwan
by Lee, Chioun & Glei, Dana A. & Weinstein, Maxine & Goldman, Noreen
2014, Volume 100, Issue C
- 1-11 The effect of children on depression in old age
by Kruk, Kai Eberhard & Reinhold, Steffen
- 12-20 Subjective financial well-being, income and health inequalities in mid and later life in Britain
by Arber, Sara & Fenn, Kirsty & Meadows, Robert
- 21-29 Physicians' perceptions of autonomy across practice types: Is autonomy in solo practice a myth?
by Lin, Katherine Y.
- 30-37 Child passenger safety laws in the United States, 1978–2010: Policy diffusion in the absence of strong federal intervention
by Bae, Jin Yung & Anderson, Evan & Silver, Diana & Macinko, James
- 38-45 Labor migration, externalities and ethics: Theorizing the meso-level determinants of HIV vulnerability
by Hirsch, Jennifer S.
- 46-53 Political contexts and maternal health policy: Insights from a comparison of south Indian states
by Smith, Stephanie L.
- 54-61 A fundamental cause approach to the study of disparities in lung cancer and pancreatic cancer mortality in the United States
by Rubin, Marcie S. & Clouston, Sean & Link, Bruce G.
- 62-71 The risk of unintended pregnancy among young women with mental health symptoms
by Hall, Kelli Stidham & Kusunoki, Yasamin & Gatny, Heather & Barber, Jennifer
- 72-83 Health sector demand-side financial incentives in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review on demand- and supply-side effects
by Gopalan, Saji S. & Mutasa, Ronald & Friedman, Jed & Das, Ashis
- 84-92 Household income and health problems during a period of labour-market change and widening income inequalities – A study among the Finnish population between 1987 and 2007
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 93-98 Exploring personal interests of physicians in hospitals and specialty clinics
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 99-106 Exploring the migration decisions of health workers and trainees from Africa: A meta-ethnographic synthesis
by Blacklock, C. & Ward, A.M. & Heneghan, C. & Thompson, M.
- 107-114 The effect of asset-based wealth inequality on problem drinking among rural Thai elders: A prospective population-based cohort study
by Jirapramukpitak, Tawanchai & Abas, Melanie & Tangchonlatip, Kanchana & Punpuing, Sureeporn
- 115-122 The effect of unpaid caregiving intensity on labour force participation: Results from a multinomial endogenous treatment model
by Nguyen, Ha Trong & Connelly, Luke Brian
- 123-132 Process evaluation of a problem solving intervention to prevent recurrent sickness absence in workers with common mental disorders
by Arends, Iris & Bültmann, Ute & Nielsen, Karina & van Rhenen, Willem & de Boer, Michiel R. & van der Klink, Jac J.L.
- 133-140 Cannabis careers revisited: Applying Howard S. Becker's theory to present-day cannabis use
by Järvinen, Margaretha & Ravn, Signe
- 141-147 Cognitive social capital and mental illness during economic crisis: A nationwide population-based study in Greece
by Economou, Marina & Madianos, Michael & Peppou, Lily Evangelia & Souliotis, Kyriakos & Patelakis, Athanasios & Stefanis, Costas
- 148-158 Modernization is associated with intensive breastfeeding patterns in the Bolivian Amazon
by Veile, Amanda & Martin, Melanie & McAllister, Lisa & Gurven, Michael
- 159-166 Medicalizing to demedicalize: Lactation consultants and the (de)medicalization of breastfeeding
by Torres, Jennifer M.C.
- 167-175 Social relationships and healthful dietary behaviour: Evidence from over-50s in the EPIC cohort, UK
by Conklin, Annalijn I. & Forouhi, Nita G. & Surtees, Paul & Khaw, Kay-Tee & Wareham, Nicholas J. & Monsivais, Pablo
2013, Volume 99, Issue C
- 1-8 Neighbourhood amenities and health: Examining the significance of a local park
by Plane, Jocelyn & Klodawsky, Fran
- 9-17 Political, cultural and economic foundations of primary care in Europe
by Kringos, Dionne S. & Boerma, Wienke G.W. & van der Zee, Jouke & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 18-26 Perceptions of susceptibility to pregnancy among U.S. women obtaining abortions
by Frohwirth, Lori & Moore, Ann M. & Maniaci, Renata
- 27-34 Subjective well-being and the measurement of quality in healthcare
by Lee, Henry & Vlaev, Ivo & King, Dominic & Mayer, Erik & Darzi, Ara & Dolan, Paul
- 35-41 Stakeholder perceptions of thoracic rapid tissue donation: An exploratory study
by McIntyre, Jessica & Pratt, Christie & Pentz, Rebecca D. & Haura, Eric B. & Quinn, Gwendolyn P.
- 42-48 Prospective study on the reciprocal relationship between intimate partner violence and depression among women in Korea
by Kim, Jinseok & Lee, Joohee
- 49-55 “I was pretty sure I had the 'flu”: Qualitative description of confirmed-influenza symptoms
by Jutel, Annemarie & Banister, Elizabeth
- 56-63 Neighborhood Hispanic composition and depressive symptoms among Mexican-descent residents of Texas City, Texas
by Shell, Alyssa Marie & Peek, M. Kristen & Eschbach, Karl
- 64-71 Making families: Organizational boundary work in US egg and sperm donation
by Johnson, Katherine M.
- 72-79 A matter of perception: Exploring the role of income satisfaction in the income–mortality relationship in German survey data 1995–2010
by Miething, Alexander
- 80-88 Between surveillance and subjectification: Professionals and the governance of quality and patient safety in English hospitals
by Martin, Graham P. & Leslie, Myles & Minion, Joel & Willars, Janet & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 89-101 “I'm thrilled that you see that”: Guiding parents to see success in interactions with children with deafness and autistic spectrum disorder
by Pilnick, Alison & James, Deborah
- 102-109 Dealing with moral dilemma raised by adaptive preferences in health technology assessment: The example of growth hormones and bilateral cochlear implants
by Thébaut, Clémence
- 110-115 Online and in-person health-seeking for infertility
by Slauson-Blevins, Kathleen S. & McQuillan, Julia & Greil, Arthur L.
- 119-126 A case for critical ethnography
by Fassin, Didier
- 127-134 On sitting and doing: Ethnography as action in global health
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 135-142 India's “tryst” with universal health coverage: Reflections on ethnography in Indian health policymaking
by Nambiar, Devaki
- 143-152 Revolution as a care plan: Ethnography, nursing and somatic solidarity in Honduras
by Pine, Adrienne
- 153-161 “Is it worth risking your life?”: Ethnography, risk and death on the U.S.–Mexico border
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 162-168 The pill hustle: Risky pain management for a gunshot victim
by Lee, Jooyoung
- 169-175 Health discourse and within-group stigma in professional BDSM
by Lindemann, Danielle J.
- 176-186 The good-enough science-and-politics of anthropological collaboration with evidence-based clinical research: Four ethnographic case studies
by Messac, Luke & Ciccarone, Dan & Draine, Jeffrey & Bourgois, Philippe
- 187-193 Entangled ethnography: Imagining a future for young adults with learning disabilities
by Ginsburg, Faye & Rapp, Rayna
- 194-200 Weighing the evidence: Risks and benefits of participatory documentary in corporatized clinics
by Hansen, Helena
- 201-204 The murky middle ground – When ethnographers engage public health
by Hopper, Kim
2013, Volume 98, Issue C
- 1-7 Concurrent trajectories of BMI and mental health patterns in emerging adulthood
by Mumford, Elizabeth A. & Liu, Weiwei & Hair, Elizabeth C. & Yu, Tzy-Chyi
- 8-17 Immigrant health, place effect and regional disparities in Canada
by Wang, Lu & Hu, Wei
- 18-23 Finding the right interactional temperature: Do colder patients need more warmth in physician communication style?
by Cousin, Gaëtan & Schmid Mast, Marianne & Jaunin-Stalder, Nicole
- 24-28 Cross-national differences in the gender gap in subjective health in Europe: Does country-level gender equality matter?
by Dahlin, Johanna & Härkönen, Juho
- 29-36 Elective surgical patients' narratives of hospitalization: The co-construction of safety
by Doherty, Carole & Saunders, Mark N.K.
- 37-45 Metropolitan residential segregation and very preterm birth among African American and Mexican-origin women
by Britton, Marcus L. & Shin, Heeju
- 46-53 Does corruption undermine trust in health care? Results from public opinion polls in Croatia
by Radin, Dagmar
- 54-62 Effects of education on cognition at older ages: Evidence from China's Great Famine
by Huang, Wei & Zhou, Yi
- 63-70 Spousal influence on mammography screening: A life course perspective
by Missinne, Sarah & Colman, Elien & Bracke, Piet
- 71-78 Village characteristics and health of rural Chinese older adults: Examining the CHARLS Pilot Study of a rich and poor province
by Yeatts, Dale E. & Pei, Xiaomei & Cready, Cynthia M. & Shen, Yuying & Luo, Hao & Tan, Junxin
- 79-86 An exploratory study of knowledge brokering in hospital settings: Facilitating knowledge sharing and learning for patient safety?
by Waring, Justin & Currie, Graeme & Crompton, Amanda & Bishop, Simon
- 87-94 Service provision for autism in mainland China: Preliminary mapping of service pathways
by Sun, Xiang & Allison, Carrie & Auyeung, Bonnie & Matthews, Fiona E. & Baron-Cohen, Simon & Brayne, Carol
- 95-105 Technology identity: The role of sociotechnical representations in the adoption of medical devices
by Ulucanlar, S. & Faulkner, A. & Peirce, S. & Elwyn, G.
- 106-115 A mixed-method study of expert psychological evidence submitted for a cohort of asylum seekers undergoing refugee status determination in Australia
by Tay, Kuowei & Frommer, Naomi & Hunter, Jill & Silove, Derrick & Pearson, Linda & San Roque, Mehera & Redman, Ronnit & Bryant, Richard A. & Manicavasagar, Vijaya & Steel, Zachary
- 116-124 Does loneliness mediate the relation between social support and cognitive functioning in later life?
by Ellwardt, Lea & Aartsen, Marja & Deeg, Dorly & Steverink, Nardi
- 125-134 Social norms and attitudes linked to waterpipe use in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
by Afifi, Rima & Khalil, Joanna & Fouad, Fouad & Hammal, Fadi & Jarallah, Yara & Abu Farhat, Hala & Ayad, Maha & Nakkash, Rima
- 135-140 Caregiving appraisal in schizophrenia: A study from India
by Kate, Natasha & Grover, Sandeep & Kulhara, Parmanand & Nehra, Ritu
- 141-148 Moral mediation in interpreted health care consultations
by Seale, Clive & Rivas, Carol & Al-Sarraj, Hela & Webb, Sarah & Kelly, Moira
- 149-153 An assessment of economic measures used in menorrhagia: A systematic review
by Sanghera, Sabina & Frew, Emma & Kai, Joe & Gupta, Janesh & Elizabeth Roberts, Tracy
- 154-161 Inequalities in Croatian pupils' risk behaviors associated to socioeconomic environment at school and area level: A multilevel approach
by Pavic Simetin, Ivana & Kern, Josipa & Kuzman, Marina & Pförtner, Timo-Kolja
- 162-168 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA) to set priorities: Reflections from a qualitative assessment in an English Primary Care Trust
by Goodwin, Elizabeth & Frew, Emma J.
- 169-178 Brain drain: Do economic conditions “push” doctors out of developing countries?
by Okeke, Edward N.
- 179-186 Social group memberships protect against future depression, alleviate depression symptoms and prevent depression relapse
by Cruwys, Tegan & Dingle, Genevieve A. & Haslam, Catherine & Haslam, S. Alexander & Jetten, Jolanda & Morton, Thomas A.
- 187-196 Operationalising the capability approach for outcome measurement in mental health research
by Simon, Judit & Anand, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Rugkåsa, Jorun & Yeeles, Ksenija & Burns, Tom
- 197-203 The impacts of marriage, cohabitation and dating relationships on weekly self-reported physical activity in Germany: A 19-year longitudinal study
by Rapp, Ingmar & Schneider, Björn
- 204-213 Potential effectiveness of anti-smoking advertisement types in ten low and middle income countries: Do demographics, smoking characteristics and cultural differences matter?
by Durkin, Sarah & Bayly, Megan & Cotter, Trish & Mullin, Sandra & Wakefield, Melanie
- 214-223 The effects of information, social and financial incentives on voluntary undirected blood donations: Evidence from a field experiment in Argentina
by Iajya, Victor & Lacetera, Nicola & Macis, Mario & Slonim, Robert
- 224-231 Ethics is for human subjects too: Participant perspectives on responsibility in health research
by Cox, Susan M. & McDonald, Michael
- 232-238 “Differently normal” and “normally different”: Negotiations of female embodiment in women's accounts of ‘atypical’ sex development
by Guntram, Lisa
- 239-246 The relationship between three stages of job change and long-term sickness absence
by Bernstrøm, Vilde Hoff
- 247-252 Do bonding and bridging social capital affect self-rated health, depressive mood and cognitive decline in older Japanese? A prospective cohort study
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Nishi, Mariko & Matsuo, Eri & Nofuji, Yu & Shimizu, Yumiko & Taniguchi, Yu & Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Shinkai, Shoji
- 253-259 Tobacco Road Finland – How did an accepted pleasure turn into an avoidable risk behaviour?
by Hakkarainen, Pekka
- 264-270 From bioethics to a sociology of bio-knowledge
by Petersen, Alan
- 271-277 Bioethics and religious bodies: Refusal of blood transfusions in Germany
by Rajtar, Małgorzata
- 278-285 Ethics and images of suffering bodies in humanitarian medicine
by Calain, Philippe
- 286-292 Bioethical ambition, political opportunity and the European governance of patenting: The case of human embryonic stem cell science
by Salter, Brian & Salter, Charlotte
- 293-300 From global bioethics to ethical governance of biomedical research collaborations
by Wahlberg, Ayo & Rehmann-Sutter, Christoph & Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret & Lu, Guangxiu & Döring, Ole & Cong, Yali & Laska-Formejster, Alicja & He, Jing & Chen, Haidan & Gottweis, Herbert & Rose, Nikolas
- 301-310 Resisting the seduction of “ethics creep”: Using Foucault to surface complexity and contradiction in research ethics review
by Guta, Adrian & Nixon, Stephanie A. & Wilson, Michael G.
- 311-318 Ethical review: Standardizing procedures and local shaping of ethical review practices
by Jaspers, Patricia & Houtepen, Rob & Horstman, Klasien
- 319-329 How organizational context affects bioethical decision-making: Pharmacists' management of gatekeeping processes in retail and hospital settings
by Chiarello, Elizabeth
- 330-339 Bioethics in practice: Addressing ethically sensitive requests in a Dutch fertility clinic
by Gerrits, Trudie & Reis, Ria & Braat, Didi, D.M. & Kremer, Jan, A.M. & Hardon, Anita, P.
- 340-344 Bioethics and power: Informed consent procedures in post-socialist Latvia
by Putniņa, Aivita
- 345-350 Human embryonic stem cell science and policy: The case of Iran
by Saniei, Mansooreh
- 351-360 ‘Give us the full story’: Overcoming the challenges to achieving informed choice about fetal anomaly screening in Australian Aboriginal communities
by Wild, Kayli & Maypilama, Elaine Lawurrpa & Kildea, Sue & Boyle, Jacqueline & Barclay, Lesley & Rumbold, Alice
- 361-370 Experiencing everyday ethics in context: Frontline data collectors perspectives and practices of bioethics
by Kingori, Patricia
- 371-378 ‘Wicked’ ethics: Compliance work and the practice of ethics in HIV research
by Heimer, Carol A.
2013, Volume 97, Issue C
- 1-6 The impact of different prioritisation policies on waiting times: Case studies of Norway and Scotland
by Januleviciute, Jurgita & Askildsen, Jan Erik & Kaarboe, Oddvar & Holmås, Tor Helge & Sutton, Matt
- 7-14 Race, life course socioeconomic position, racial discrimination, depressive symptoms and self-rated health
by Hudson, Darrell L. & Puterman, Eli & Bibbins-Domingo, Kirsten & Matthews, Karen A. & Adler, Nancy E.
- 15-19 Child health security in China: A survey of child health insurance coverage in diverse areas of the country
by Xiong, Juyang & Hipgrave, David & Myklebust, Karoline & Guo, Sufang & Scherpbier, Robert W. & Tong, Xuetao & Yao, Lan & Moran, Andrew E.
- 20-28 Aboriginal Australians' experience of social capital and its relevance to health and wellbeing in urban settings
by Browne-Yung, Kathryn & Ziersch, Anna & Baum, Fran & Gallaher, Gilbert
- 29-40 The effect of marriage and HIV risks on condom use acceptability in rural Malawi
by Anglewicz, Philip & Clark, Shelley
- 41-48 Efficacy of text messaging-based interventions for health promotion: A meta-analysis
by Head, Katharine J. & Noar, Seth M. & Iannarino, Nicholas T. & Grant Harrington, Nancy
- 49-55 Perceived neighborhood social cohesion and stroke
by Kim, Eric S. & Park, Nansook & Peterson, Christopher
- 56-65 Exploring the health consequences of majority–minority neighborhoods: Minority diversity and birthweight among native-born and foreign-born blacks
by Vang, Zoua M. & Elo, Irma T.
- 66-74 The socioeconomic health gradient across the life cycle: What role for selective mortality and institutionalization?
by Baeten, Steef & Van Ourti, Tom & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 75-81 Shame as a barrier to health seeking among indigenous Huichol migrant labourers: An interpretive approach of the “violence continuum” and “authoritative knowledge”
by Gamlin, Jennie B.
- 82-86 The acceptability and feasibility of task-sharing for mental healthcare in low and middle income countries: A systematic review
by Padmanathan, Prianka & De Silva, Mary J.
- 87-94 Planning safer suburbs: Do changes in the built environment influence residents' perceptions of crime risk?
by Foster, Sarah & Wood, Lisa & Christian, Hayley & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 95-103 Neighbourhood socioeconomic status and individual lung cancer risk: Evaluating long-term exposure measures and mediating mechanisms
by Hystad, Perry & Carpiano, Richard M. & Demers, Paul A. & Johnson, Kenneth C. & Brauer, Michael
- 104-111 Spaces for smoking in a psychiatric hospital: Social capital, resistance to control, and significance for ‘therapeutic landscapes’
by Wood, Victoria J. & Curtis, Sarah E. & Gesler, Wil & Spencer, Ian H. & Close, Helen J. & Mason, James M. & Reilly, Joe G.
- 112-123 What constitutes a health-enabling neighborhood? A grounded theory situational analysis addressing the significance of social capital and gender
by Eriksson, Malin & Emmelin, Maria
- 124-133 Child marriage prevention in Amhara Region, Ethiopia: Association of communication exposure and social influence with parents/guardians' knowledge and attitudes
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 134-142 Variation in the interpretation of scientific integrity in community-based participatory health research
by Kraemer Diaz, Anne E. & Spears Johnson, Chaya R. & Arcury, Thomas A.
- 143-151 Exploring substance use normalization among adolescents: A multilevel study in 35 countries
by Sznitman, Sharon R. & Kolobov, Tanya & Bogt, Tom ter & Kuntsche, Emmanuel & Walsh, Sophie D. & Boniel-Nissim, Meyran & Harel-Fisch, Yossi
- 152-160 Mothers' reading skills and child survival in Nigeria: Examining the relevance of mothers' decision-making power
by Smith-Greenaway, Emily
- 161-169 The influence of parental monitoring and parent–adolescent communication on Bahamian adolescent risk involvement: A three-year longitudinal examination
by Wang, Bo & Stanton, Bonita & Li, Xiaoming & Cottrell, Lesley & Deveaux, Lynette & Kaljee, Linda
- 170-175 Individual and hospital-specific factors influencing medical graduates' time to medical specialization
by Johannessen, Karl-Arne & Hagen, Terje P.
- 176-191 Negotiating last-minute concerns in closing Korean medical encounters: The use of gaze, body and talk
by Park, Yujong
- 192-200 Healthcare provider views on the health effects of biomass fuel collection and use in rural Eastern Cape, South Africa: An ethnographic study
by Matinga, Margaret Njirambo & Annegarn, Harold J. & Clancy, Joy S.
- 201-209 Compassionate containment? Balancing technical safety and therapy in the design of psychiatric wards
by Curtis, Sarah & Gesler, Wilbert & Wood, Victoria & Spencer, Ian & Mason, James & Close, Helen & Reilly, Joseph
- 210-219 The seven Cs of the high acceptability of home-based VCT: Results from a mixed methods approach in Zambia
by Jürgensen, Marte & Sandøy, Ingvild F. & Michelo, Charles & Fylkesnes, Knut & Mwangala, Sheila & Blystad, Astrid
- 220-227 Protecting the public or setting the bar too high? Understanding the causes and consequences of regulatory actions of front-line regulators and specialized drug shop operators in Kenya
by Wafula, Francis & Molyneux, Catherine & Mackintosh, Maureen & Goodman, Catherine
- 228-237 Effectiveness and equity impacts of town-wide cycling initiatives in England: A longitudinal, controlled natural experimental study
by Goodman, Anna & Panter, Jenna & Sharp, Stephen J. & Ogilvie, David
- 241-249 Subsidized childcare and child development in Colombia: Effects of Hogares Comunitarios de Bienestar as a function of timing and length of exposure
by Bernal, Raquel & Fernández, Camila
- 250-258 Effectiveness of a parenting program in Bangladesh to address early childhood health, growth and development
by Aboud, Frances E. & Singla, Daisy R. & Nahil, Md Imam & Borisova, Ivelina
- 259-266 Malnutrition in early life and adult mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Huang, Cheng & Phillips, Michael R. & Zhang, Yali & Zhang, Jingxuan & Shi, Qichang & Song, Zhiqiang & Ding, Zhijie & Pang, Shutao & Martorell, Reynaldo
- 267-277 Physical growth and cognitive skills in early-life: Evidence from a nationally representative US birth cohort
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 278-287 Periods of child growth up to age 8 years in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam: Key distal household and community factors
by Schott, Whitney B. & Crookston, Benjamin T. & Lundeen, Elizabeth A. & Stein, Aryeh D. & Behrman, Jere R.
- 288-296 The critical period of infant feeding for the development of early disparities in obesity
by Thompson, Amanda L. & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 297-306 Media representations of early human development: Protecting, feeding and loving the developing brain
by O'Connor, Cliodhna & Joffe, Helene
- 307-315 Screening for developmental disabilities in developing countries
by Bornstein, Marc H. & Hendricks, Charlene
- 316-324 Estimating the critical and sensitive periods of investment in early childhood: A methodological note
by Popli, Gurleen & Gladwell, Daniel & Tsuchiya, Aki
2013, Volume 96, Issue C
- 1-8 Intelligent policy making? Key actors' perspectives on the development and implementation of an early years' initiative in Scotland's public health arena
by Deas, L. & Mattu, L. & Gnich, W.
- 9-16 Disembodied abilities: Sick role and participation in ‘activating’ return-to-work practices
by van Hal, Lineke & Meershoek, Agnes & Nijhuis, Frans & Horstman, Klasien
- 17-23 A cluster analytic examination of acculturation and health status among Asian Americans in the Washington DC metropolitan area, United States
by Lee, Sunmin & Chen, Lu & He, Xin & Miller, Matthew J. & Juon, Hee-Soon
- 24-32 Social valorisation of stoutness as a determinant of obesity in the context of nutritional transition in Cameroon: The Bamiléké case
by Cohen, E. & Boetsch, G. & Palstra, F.P. & Pasquet, P.
- 33-44 Getting doctors into the bush: General Practitioners' preferences for rural location
by Scott, Anthony & Witt, Julia & Humphreys, John & Joyce, Catherine & Kalb, Guyonne & Jeon, Sung-Hee & McGrail, Matthew
- 45-51 A test of the substitution hypothesis: An analysis of urban and rural trends in solid/liquid poisoning suicides in Taiwan
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Kwok, Chi-Leung & Yip, Paul S.F. & Wu, Kevin Chien-Chang
- 52-59 Discretion or discretions? Delineating professional discretion: The case of English medical practice
by Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Calnan, Michael
- 60-68 A geographical perspective on access to sexual and reproductive health care for women in rural Africa
by Yao, Jing & Murray, Alan T. & Agadjanian, Victor
- 69-77 How teams use indicators for quality improvement – A multiple-case study on the use of multiple indicators in multidisciplinary breast cancer teams
by Gort, Marjan & Broekhuis, Manda & Regts, Gerdien
- 78-85 Personal identity and the role of ‘carer’ among relatives and friends of people with multiple sclerosis
by Hughes, Nic & Locock, Louise & Ziebland, Sue
- 86-94 A systematic review and meta-analysis of antecedents of blood donation behavior and intentions
by Bednall, Timothy C. & Bove, Liliana L. & Cheetham, Ali & Murray, Andrea L.
- 95-103 Biogenetic explanations and stigma: A meta-analytic review of associations among laypeople
by Kvaale, Erlend P. & Gottdiener, William H. & Haslam, Nick
- 104-111 Making information ‘relevant’: General Practitioner judgments and the production of patient involvement
by Clinch, Megan & Benson, John
- 112-120 Early supplementary feeding among central African foragers and farmers: A biocultural approach
by Meehan, Courtney L. & Roulette, Jennifer W.
- 121-128 Biomedicalization and the public sphere: Newspaper coverage of health and medicine, 1960s–2000s
by Hallin, Daniel C. & Brandt, Marisa & Briggs, Charles L.
- 129-137 The effect of physical activity on long-term income
by Hyytinen, Ari & Lahtonen, Jukka
- 138-146 Parents' and professionals' perceptions of family-centered care for children with autism spectrum disorder across service sectors
by Hodgetts, Sandra & Nicholas, David & Zwaigenbaum, Lonnie & McConnell, David
- 147-153 The evolving concept of “patient-centeredness” in patient–physician communication research
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Hashimoto, Hideki & Kiuchi, Takahiro
- 154-164 Effects of an HIV peer prevention intervention on sexual and injecting risk behaviors among injecting drug users and their risk partners in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam: A randomized controlled trial
by Go, Vivian F. & Frangakis, Constantine & Le Minh, Nguyen & Latkin, Carl A. & Ha, Tran Viet & Mo, Tran Thi & Sripaipan, Teerada & Davis, Wendy & Zelaya, Carla & Vu, Pham The & Chen, Yong & Celentano, David D. & Quan, Vu Minh
- 165-173 The impact of psychological trauma on wages in post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Searing, Elizabeth A.M. & Rios-Avila, Fernando & Lecy, Jesse D.
- 174-182 Neighborhood cohesion and daily well-being: Results from a diary study
by Robinette, Jennifer W. & Charles, Susan T. & Mogle, Jacqueline A. & Almeida, David M.
- 183-191 Dietary inequalities of mother–child pairs in the rural Amazon: Evidence of maternal-child buffering?
by Piperata, Barbara A. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Hadley, Craig & Ritchie-Ewing, Genevieve
- 192-199 Managing misaligned paternity findings in research including sickle cell disease screening in Kenya: ‘Consulting communities’ to inform policy
by Marsh, Vicki & Kombe, Francis & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Molyneux, Sassy & Parker, Michael
- 200-207 Specificity of early movie effects on adolescent sexual behavior and alcohol use
by O'Hara, Ross E. & Gibbons, Frederick X. & Li, Zhigang & Gerrard, Meg & Sargent, James D.
- 208-213 Advancing our understanding of sibling supervision and injury risk for young children
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & Schell, Stacey L. & Keleher, Bethany
- 216-222 Building institutions for health and health systems in contexts of rapid change
by Bloom, Gerald & Wolcott, Sara
- 223-231 Strengthening institutional and organizational capacity for social health protection of the informal sector in lesser-developed countries: A study of policy barriers and opportunities in Cambodia
by Annear, Peter Leslie & Ahmed, Shakil & Ros, Chhun Eang & Ir, Por