Social Science & Medicine
2013, Volume 84, Issue C
- 129-137 Educational inequalities in smoking: The role of initiation versus quitting
by Maralani, Vida
2013, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-9 Pandemic H1N1 in Canada and the use of evidence in developing public health policies – A policy analysis
by Rosella, Laura C. & Wilson, Kumanan & Crowcroft, Natasha S. & Chu, Anna & Upshur, Ross & Willison, Donald & Deeks, Shelley L. & Schwartz, Brian & Tustin, Jordan & Sider, Doug & Goel, Vivek
- 10-18 A difference-in-differences analysis of the effect of free dental check-ups in Scotland
by Ikenwilo, Divine
- 19-26 Taming systems to create enabling environments for HCV treatment: Negotiating trust in the drug and alcohol setting
by Harris, Magdalena & Rhodes, Tim & Martin, Anthea
- 27-33 Visual representation of statistical information improves diagnostic inferences in doctors and their patients
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Hoffrage, Ulrich
- 34-41 An impact evaluation of the Safe Motherhood Promotion Project in Bangladesh: Evidence from Japanese aid-funded technical cooperation
by Kamiya, Yusuke & Yoshimura, Yukie & Islam, Mohammad Tajul
- 42-49 Social deprivation and adverse perinatal outcomes among Western and non-Western pregnant women in a Dutch urban population
by Poeran, Jashvant & Maas, Arno F.G. & Birnie, Erwin & Denktas, Semiha & Steegers, Eric A.P. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 50-60 Social capital and disaster preparedness among low income Mexican Americans in a disaster prone area
by Reininger, Belinda M. & Rahbar, Mohammad H. & Lee, MinJae & Chen, Zhongxue & Alam, Sartaj R. & Pope, Jennifer & Adams, Barbara
- 61-69 Suicide in rural Haiti: Clinical and community perceptions of prevalence, etiology, and prevention
by Hagaman, Ashley K. & Wagenaar, Bradley H. & McLean, Kristen E. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Winskell, Kate & Kohrt, Brandon A.
- 70-80 The effect of adverse information and positive promotion on women's preferences for prescribed contraceptive products
by Knox, Stephanie A. & Viney, Rosalie C. & Gu, Yuanyuan & Hole, Arne R. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Street, Deborah J. & Haas, Marion R. & Weisberg, Edith & Bateson, Deborah
- 81-89 Social disorganization/social fragmentation and risk of depression among older people in Japan: Multilevel investigation of indices of social distance
by Takagi, Daisuke & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Cable, Noriko & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 90-98 ‘Emotional rights’, moral reasoning, and Jewish–Arab alliances in the regulation of in-vitro-fertilization in Israel: Theorizing the unexpected consequences of assisted reproductive technologies
by Gooldin, Sigal
- 99-109 ‘Creating the right therapy vibe’: Relational performances in holistic medicine
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Evans, Joshua & McAlister, Seraphina
- 110-118 Exploration of health risks related to air pollution and temperature in three Latin American cities
by Romero-Lankao, Patricia & Qin, Hua & Borbor-Cordova, Mercy
- 119-124 A large-scale longitudinal study indicating the importance of perceived effectiveness, organizational and management support for innovative culture
by Cramm, Jane M. & Strating, Mathilde M.H. & Bal, Roland & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 125-132 The discovery of deliberation. From ambiguity to appreciation through the learning process of doing Moral Case Deliberation in Dutch elderly care
by van der Dam, Sandra & Schols, Jos M.G.A. & Kardol, Tinie J.M. & Molewijk, Bert C. & Widdershoven, Guy A.M. & Abma, Tineke A.
- 133-141 A health equity critique of social marketing: Where interventions have impact but insufficient reach
by Langford, Rebecca & Panter-Brick, Catherine
2013, Volume 82, Issue C
- 1-9 Revisiting the Hispanic mortality advantage in the United States: The role of smoking
by Fenelon, Andrew
- 10-20 GPs and hospital expenditures. Should we keep expenditure containment programs alive?
by Fiorentini, Gianluca & Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Ugolini, Cristina
- 21-29 Metaphors and myths in pharmaceutical advertising
by Delbaere, Marjorie
- 30-34 Addressing the unequal geographic distribution of specialist doctors in Indonesia: The role of the private sector and effectiveness of current regulations
by Meliala, Andreasta & Hort, Krishna & Trisnantoro, Laksono
- 35-42 Provider and patient influences on the formation of socioeconomic health behavior disparities among pregnant women
by Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 43-50 Bedouin in Lebanon: Social discrimination, political exclusion, and compromised health care
by Chatty, Dawn & Mansour, Nisrine & Yassin, Nasser
- 51-57 Prevalence and severity of intimate partner violence in women living in eight indigenous regions of Mexico
by Valdez-Santiago, Rosario & Híjar, Martha & Rojas Martínez, Rosalba & Ávila Burgos, Leticia & Arenas Monreal, María de la Luz
- 58-66 Subjective socioeconomic status and health: Relationships reconsidered
by Nobles, Jenna & Weintraub, Miranda Ritterman & Adler, Nancy E.
- 67-78 The impact of state-level nutrition-education program funding on BMI: Evidence from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system
by McGeary, Kerry Anne
- 79-86 A mental model of factors associated with subjective life expectancy
by Griffin, Barbara & Loh, Vanessa & Hesketh, Beryl
- 87-99 Geospatial analysis of naturally occurring boundaries in road-transport emissions and children's respiratory health across a demographically diverse cityscape
by Jephcote, Calvin & Chen, Haibo
- 100-107 Bringing politics and evidence together: Policy entrepreneurship and the conception of the At Home/Chez Soi Housing First Initiative for addressing homelessness and mental illness in Canada
by Macnaughton, Eric & Nelson, Geoffrey & Goering, Paula
- 108-114 Determinants of breast cancer screening uptake in women, evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Carney, Patricia & O'Neill, Stephen & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 115-125 Social inequalities in adolescent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination: A test of fundamental cause theory
by Polonijo, Andrea N. & Carpiano, Richard M.
- 126-133 Natural disasters and suicide: Evidence from Japan
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Ueda, Michiko
- 134-146 Political conditions and life expectancy in Europe, 1900–2008
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 147-155 McDonaldization or Commercial Re-stratification: Corporatization and the multimodal organisation of English doctors
by Waring, Justin & Bishop, Simon
- 156-163 Hendra in the news: Public policy meets public morality in times of zoonotic uncertainty
by Degeling, Chris & Kerridge, Ian
2013, Volume 81, Issue C
- 1-9 Do psychosocial factors moderate the association between neighborhood walkability and adolescents' physical activity?
by De Meester, Femke & Van Dyck, Delfien & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Deforche, Benedicte & Cardon, Greet
- 10-17 Where wealth matters more for health: The wealth–health gradient in 16 countries
by Semyonov, Moshe & Lewin-Epstein, Noah & Maskileyson, Dina
- 18-25 Effects of home-based Voluntary Counselling and Testing on HIV-related stigma: Findings from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia
by Jürgensen, Marte & Sandøy, Ingvild Fossgard & Michelo, Charles & Fylkesnes, Knut
- 26-33 Accumulated occupational class and self-rated health. Can information on previous experience of class further our understanding of the social gradient in health?
by Kjellsson, Sara
- 34-41 Putting knowledge to trial: ‘ADHD parents’ and the evaluation of alternative therapeutic regimes
by Edwards, Claire & Howlett, Etaoine
- 42-52 The poorer cancer survival among the unmarried in Norway: Is much explained by comorbidities?
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 53-59 Childhood adversities and subsequent risk of one or multiple abortions
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Tschann, Jeanne M.
- 60-69 Educational inequalities in health in European welfare states: A social expenditure approach
by Dahl, Espen & van der Wel, Kjetil A.
- 70-78 Mental health of Aboriginal children and adolescents in violent school environments: Protective mediators of violence and psychological/nervous disorders
by Kaspar, Violet
- 79-86 Cross-border ties and self-rated health status for young Latino adults in Southern California
by Torres, Jacqueline M.
- 87-93 Social role participation and the life course in healthy adults and individuals with osteoarthritis: Are we overlooking the impact on the middle-aged?
by Gignac, Monique A.M. & Backman, Catherine L. & Davis, Aileen M. & Lacaille, Diane & Cao, Xingshan & Badley, Elizabeth M.
- 94-101 Determinants of changes in income-related health inequalities among working-age adults in Japan, 1986–2007: Time-trend study
by Kachi, Yuko & Inoue, Mariko & Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Yano, Eiji
- 102-109 The fiscal impact of informal caregiving to home care recipients in Canada: How the intensity of care influences costs and benefits to government
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Lilly, Meredith B. & Ng, Carita & Coyte, Peter C.
- 110-114 Mental health of those directly exposed to the World Trade Center disaster: Unmet mental health care need, mental health treatment service use, and quality of life
by Brackbill, Robert M. & Stellman, Steven D. & Perlman, Sharon E. & Walker, Deborah J. & Farfel, Mark R.
- 115-122 The relationships between housing quality and occupant health in Uganda
by Herrin, William E. & Amaral, Michelle M. & Balihuta, Arsene M.
2013, Volume 80, Issue C
- 1-9 Seasonality, disease and behavior: Using multiple methods to explore socio-environmental health risks in the Mekong Delta
by Few, Roger & Lake, Iain & Hunter, Paul R. & Tran, Pham Gia
- 10-18 Achieving and sustaining profound institutional change in healthcare: Case study using neo-institutional theory
by Macfarlane, Fraser & Barton-Sweeney, Cathy & Woodard, Fran & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 19-23 The scarring effect of unemployment throughout adulthood on psychological distress at age 50: Estimates controlling for early adulthood distress and childhood psychological factors
by Daly, M. & Delaney, L.
- 24-30 A paradox in healthcare service development: Professionalization of service users
by El Enany, Nellie & Currie, Graeme & Lockett, Andy
- 31-36 Sheepskin effects of education in the 10-year Framingham risk of coronary heart disease
by Liu, Sze Yan & Buka, Stephen L. & Kubzansky, Laura D. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Gilman, Stephen E. & Loucks, Eric B.
- 37-46 Investigating the affordability of key health services in South Africa
by Cleary, Susan & Birch, Steve & Chimbindi, Natsayi & Silal, Sheetal & McIntyre, Di
- 47-56 Habit, custom, and power: A multi-level theory of population health
by Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 57-66 Changes in income inequality and the health of immigrants
by Hamilton, Tod G. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 67-75 Residential segregation, geographic proximity and type of services used: Evidence for racial/ethnic disparities in mental health
by Dinwiddie, Gniesha Y. & Gaskin, Darrell J. & Chan, Kitty S. & Norrington, Janette & McCleary, Rachel
- 76-84 The social environment and walking behavior among low-income housing residents
by Caspi, Caitlin E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald & Sorensen, Glorian
- 85-95 Migration, environmental hazards, and health outcomes in China
by Chen, Juan & Chen, Shuo & Landry, Pierre F.
- 96-104 The effects of local and non-local traffic on child pedestrian safety: A spatial displacement of risk
by Yiannakoulias, Nikolaos & Scott, Darren M.
- 105-112 ‘We view that as contraceptive failure’: Containing the ‘multiplicity’ of contraception and abortion within Scottish reproductive healthcare
by Beynon-Jones, Siân M.
- 113-120 Compositional and contextual associations of social capital and self-rated health in Seoul, South Korea: A multilevel analysis of longitudinal evidence
by Han, Sehee
- 121-129 The effect of Hurricane Katrina on the prevalence of health impairments and disability among adults in New Orleans: Differences by age, race, and sex
by Sastry, Narayan & Gregory, Jesse
- 130-140 A randomized controlled trial to improve health among women receiving welfare in the U.S.: The relationship between employment outcomes and the economic recession
by Kneipp, Shawn M. & Kairalla, John A. & Sheely, Amanda L.
2013, Volume 79, Issue C
- 7-15 Sociodemographic and cultural determinants of sleep deficiency: Implications for cardiometabolic disease risk
by Knutson, Kristen L.
- 16-22 Perceived neighborhood quality, sleep quality, and health status: Evidence from the Survey of the Health of Wisconsin
by Hale, Lauren & Hill, Terrence D. & Friedman, Elliot & Javier Nieto, F. & Galvao, Loren W. & Engelman, Corinne D. & Malecki, Kristen M.C. & Peppard, Paul E.
- 23-30 Sleeping, dreaming, and health in rural Indonesia and the urban U.S.: A cultural and experiential approach
by Hollan, Douglas
- 31-39 Sleep budgets in a globalizing world: Biocultural interactions influence sleep sufficiency among Egyptian families
by Worthman, Carol M. & Brown, Ryan A.
- 40-47 Medicalisation or customisation? Sleep, enterprise and enhancement in the 24/7 society
by Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M. & Gabe, Jonathan
- 48-56 “Listening for his breath:” The significance of gender and partner reporting on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
by Henry, Doug & Rosenthal, Leon
- 57-65 Unique sleep disorders profile of a population-based sample of 747 Hmong immigrants in Wisconsin
by Young, Eric & Xiong, Se & Finn, Laurel & Young, Terry
- 66-75 Work–family conflicts and subsequent sleep medication among women and men: A longitudinal registry linkage study
by Lallukka, T. & Arber, S. & Laaksonen, M. & Lahelma, E. & Partonen, T. & Rahkonen, O.
- 76-83 “They silently live in terror…” why sleep problems and night-time related quality-of-life are missed in children with a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
by Ipsiroglu, Osman S. & McKellin, William H. & Carey, Norma & Loock, Christine
- 92-100 Nighttime parenting strategies and sleep-related risks to infants
by Volpe, Lane E. & Ball, Helen L. & McKenna, James J.
- 101-108 Eye of the beholder? Maternal mental health and the quality of infant sleep
by Goldberg, Wendy A. & Lucas-Thompson, Rachel G. & Germo, Gary R. & Keller, Meret A. & Davis, Elysia Poggi & Sandman, Curt A.
- 109-116 A qualitative exploration of adolescent perceptions of healthy sleep in Tucson, Arizona, USA
by Orzech, Kathryn M.
- 117-123 Gender differences in approaches to self-management of poor sleep in later life
by Venn, Susan & Meadows, Robert & Arber, Sara
2013, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-8 The shape of things to come? Obesity prevalence among foreign-born vs. US-born Mexican youth in California
by Buttenheim, Alison M. & Pebley, Anne R. & Hsih, Katie & Chung, Chang Y. & Goldman, Noreen
- 9-16 The art of letting go: Referral to palliative care and its discontents
by Broom, Alex & Kirby, Emma & Good, Phillip & Wootton, Julia & Adams, Jon
- 17-25 Measuring the catastrophic and impoverishing effect of household health care spending in Serbia
by Arsenijevic, Jelena & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 26-33 Agency and implementation: Understanding the embedding of healthcare innovations in practice
by May, Carl
- 34-41 Education and obesity at age 40 among American adults
by Cohen, Alison K. & Rehkopf, David H. & Deardorff, Julianna & Abrams, Barbara
- 42-49 Implementing a Basic Package of Health Services in post-conflict Liberia: Perceptions of key stakeholders
by Petit, Dörte & Sondorp, Egbert & Mayhew, Susannah & Roura, Maria & Roberts, Bayard
- 50-60 Understanding maternal smoking during pregnancy: Does residential context matter?
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 61-69 Structural and environmental factors are associated with internalised homonegativity in men who have sex with men: Findings from the European MSM Internet Survey (EMIS) in 38 countries
by Berg, Rigmor C. & Ross, Michael W. & Weatherburn, Peter & Schmidt, Axel J.
- 70-77 Addiction in the family is a major but neglected contributor to the global burden of adult ill-health
by Orford, Jim & Velleman, Richard & Natera, Guillermina & Templeton, Lorna & Copello, Alex
- 78-85 Conferences, tablecloths and cupboards: How to understand the situatedness of quality improvements in long-term care
by Stoopendaal, Annemiek & Bal, Roland
- 86-95 Economic gradients in early child neurodevelopment: A multi-country study
by Wehby, George L. & McCarthy, Ann Marie
- 96-112 How robust is the evidence of an emerging or increasing female excess in physical morbidity between childhood and adolescence? Results of a systematic literature review and meta-analyses
by MacLean, Alice & Sweeting, Helen & Egan, Matt & Der, Geoff & Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate
- 113-124 “I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
by Völker, Sebastian & Kistemann, Thomas
- 125-129 The ongoing westernization of East Asian biomedical ethics in Taiwan
by Chen, Yen-Yuan & Tsai, Shih-Li & Yang, Chih-Wei & Ni, Yen-Hsuan & Chang, Shan-Chwen
2013, Volume 77, Issue C
- 13-19 Breast cancer anxiety's associations with responses to a chemoprevention decision aid
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Scherer, Laura & Ubel, Peter A. & Smith, Dylan M. & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & McClure, Jennifer B. & Greene, Sarah & Stark, Azadeh & Fagerlin, Angela
- 20-30 The influence of urban design on neighbourhood walking following residential relocation: Longitudinal results from the RESIDE study
by Giles-Corti, Billie & Bull, Fiona & Knuiman, Matthew & McCormack, Gavin & Van Niel, Kimberly & Timperio, Anna & Christian, Hayley & Foster, Sarah & Divitini, Mark & Middleton, Nick & Boruff, Bryan
- 31-40 HIV issues and people with disabilities: A review and agenda for research
by Groce, Nora Ellen & Rohleder, Poul & Eide, Arne Henning & MacLachlan, Malcolm & Mall, Sumaya & Swartz, Leslie
- 41-49 Association of exposure to intimate-partner physical violence and potentially traumatic war-related events with mental health in Liberia
by Vinck, Patrick & Pham, Phuong N.
- 50-59 The impact of therapeutic procedure innovation on hospital patient longevity: Evidence from Western Australia, 2000–2007
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 60-69 Does community capacity influence self-rated health? Multilevel contextual effects in Seoul, Korea
by Jung, Minsoo & Viswanath, K.
- 70-74 Gender disparities in AMI management and outcomes among health professionals, their relatives, and non-health professionals in Taiwan from 1997 to 2007
by Huang, Nicole & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Hu, Hsiao-Yun & Lee, Cheng-Hua
- 75-83 How does race get “under the skin”?: Inflammation, weathering, and metabolic problems in late life
by Das, Aniruddha
- 84-89 Public preferences over efficiency, equity and autonomy in vaccination policy: An empirical study
by Luyten, Jeroen & Dorgali, Veronica & Hens, Niel & Beutels, Philippe
- 90-96 The natural resource curse and the spread of HIV/AIDS, 1990–2008
by de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene
- 97-105 Valuing the EQ-5D and the SF-6D health states using subjective well-being: A secondary analysis of patient data
by Mukuria, Clara & Brazier, John
- 106-117 Socioeconomic inequalities in drug utilization for Sweden: Evidence from linked survey and register data
by Nordin, Martin & Dackehag, Margareta & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 118-125 The social dynamics of consent and refusal in HIV surveillance in rural South Africa
by Reynolds, Lindsey & Cousins, Thomas & Newell, Marie-Louise & Imrie, John
- 126-136 The business cycle and health behaviors
by Xu, Xin
- 137-146 Does living in slums or non-slums influence women's nutritional status? Evidence from Indian mega-cities
by Gaur, Kirti & Keshri, Kunal & Joe, William
- 147-155 Clinicians on the board: What difference does it make?
by Veronesi, Gianluca & Kirkpatrick, Ian & Vallascas, Francesco
- 156-163 Theory-informed design of values clarification methods: A cognitive psychological perspective on patient health-related decision making
by Pieterse, Arwen H. & de Vries, Marieke & Kunneman, Marleen & Stiggelbout, Anne M. & Feldman-Stewart, Deb
- 164-172 To what extent do biomarkers account for the large social disparities in health in Moscow?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jdanov, Dmitri & Shalnova, Svetlana & Shkolnikova, Maria & Weinstein, Maxine
2013, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-7 Socioeconomic inequality in birth weight and gestational age in Denmark 1996–2007: Using a family-based approach to explore alternative explanations
by Mortensen, Laust H.
- 28-38 Maternal familism predicts birthweight and asthma symptoms three years later
by Abdou, Cleopatra M. & Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Myers, Hector F.
- 39-46 Revisiting causal neighborhood effects on individual ischemic heart disease risk: A quasi-experimental multilevel analysis among Swedish siblings
by Merlo, Juan & Ohlsson, Henrik & Chaix, Basile & Lichtenstein, Paul & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 47-56 Patterns of family doctor decision making in practice context. What are the implications for medical practice variation and social disparities?
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Scott, Alastair & Davis, Peter
- 57-66 Effects of child and adolescent health on educational progress
by Lê, Félice & Diez Roux, Ana & Morgenstern, Hal
- 67-73 Estimating Willingness-to-Pay for health insurance among rural poor in India by reference to Engel's law
by Binnendijk, Erika & Dror, David M. & Gerelle, Eric & Koren, Ruth
- 74-82 Best worst discrete choice experiments in health: Methods and an application
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Donaldson, Cam & Currie, Gillian & Burgess, Leonie
- 83-91 The impact of natural disasters on child health and investments in rural India
by Datar, Ashlesha & Liu, Jenny & Linnemayr, Sebastian & Stecher, Chad
- 92-100 Thai and American doctors on medical ethics: Religion, regulation, and moral reasoning across borders
by Grol-Prokopczyk, Hanna
- 101-106 Do socio-economic gradients in smoking emerge differently across time by gender? Implications for the tobacco epidemic from a pregnancy cohort in California, USA
by Keyes, Katherine M. & March, Dana & Link, Bruce G. & Chilcoat, Howard D. & Susser, Ezra
- 107-114 Intrauterine stress and male cohort quality: The case of September 11, 2001
by Bruckner, Tim A. & Nobles, Jenna
- 115-125 The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitals
by Jacobs, Rowena & Mannion, Russell & Davies, Huw T.O. & Harrison, Stephen & Konteh, Fred & Walshe, Kieran
- 126-133 The impact of social, structural and physical environmental factors on transitions into employment among people who inject drugs
by Richardson, Lindsey & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 134-142 Dynamic profile of health investment and the evolution of elderly health
by Lo, Te-Fen & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 143-149 Factors affecting the entry of for-profit providers into a price regulated market for formal long-term care services: A case study from Japan
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 150-158 A new prevention paradox: The trade-off between reducing incentives for risk selection and increasing the incentives for prevention for health insurers
by Kanters, Tim A. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & van Vliet, René C.J.A. & van Baal, Pieter H.M. & Polder, Johan J.
- 159-168 Including quality attributes in efficiency measures consistent with net benefit: Creating incentives for evidence based medicine in practice
by Eckermann, Simon & Coelli, Tim
- 169-178 Health and well-being of movers in rural and urban areas – A grid-based analysis of northern Finland birth cohort 1966
by Lankila, Tiina & Näyhä, Simo & Rautio, Arja & Koiranen, Markku & Rusanen, Jarmo & Taanila, Anja
- 179-187 Disparities in work, risk and health between immigrants and native-born Spaniards
by Solé, Meritxell & Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Rodríguez, Marisol
- 188-196 The re-construction of women's sexual lives after pelvic radiotherapy: A critique of social constructionist and biomedical perspectives on the study of female sexuality after cancer treatment
by White, I.D. & Faithfull, S. & Allan, H.
- 197-207 International migration to Canada: The post-birth health of mothers and infants by immigration class
by Gagnon, Anita J. & Dougherty, Geoffrey & Wahoush, Olive & Saucier, Jean-François & Dennis, Cindy-Lee & Stanger, Elizabeth & Palmer, Becky & Merry, Lisa & Stewart, Donna E.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 12
- 2060-2068 Integrating social epidemiology into immigrant health research: A cross-national framework
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Almeida, Joanna
- 2069-2075 Substance use, generation and time in the United States: The modifying role of gender for immigrant urban adolescents
by Almeida, Joanna & Johnson, Renee M. & Matsumoto, Atsushi & Godette, Dionne C.
- 2076-2084 Immigrant status and cognitive functioning in late-life: An examination of gender variations in the healthy immigrant effect
by Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Jacqueline L. & Balistreri, Kelly S. & Herrera, Angelica P.
- 2085-2098 Does an immigrant health paradox exist among Asian Americans? Associations of nativity and occupational class with self-rated health and mental disorders
by John, Dolly A. & de Castro, A.B. & Martin, Diane P. & Duran, Bonnie & Takeuchi, David T.
- 2099-2106 More than culture: Structural racism, intersectionality theory, and immigrant health
by Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Miranda, Patricia Y. & Abdulrahim, Sawsan
- 2107-2115 Ethnic density effects on health and experienced racism among Caribbean people in the US and England: A cross-national comparison
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Jackson, James & Heuvelman, Hein
- 2116-2123 Discrimination and psychological distress: Does Whiteness matter for Arab Americans?
by Abdulrahim, Sawsan & James, Sherman A. & Yamout, Rouham & Baker, Wayne
- 2134-2142 Sociocultural influences on mental health service use by Latino older adults for emotional distress: Exploring the mediating and moderating role of informal social support
by Hansen, Marissa C. & Aranda, María P.
- 2143-2150 Vaccine innovation, translational research and the management of knowledge accumulation
by Yaqub, Ohid & Nightingale, Paul
- 2151-2159 Experience of place for young adults under 65 years with complex disabilities moving into purpose-built residential care
by Muenchberger, Heidi & Ehrlich, Carolyn & Kendall, Elizabeth & Vit, Marina
- 2160-2169 Understanding wealth-based inequalities in child health in India: A decomposition approach
by Chalasani, Satvika
- 2170-2182 Rising U.S. income inequality and the changing gradient of socioeconomic status on physical functioning and activity limitations, 1984–2007
by Zheng, Hui & George, Linda K.
- 2183-2190 Mobility for care workers: Job changes and wages for nurse aides
by Ribas, Vanesa & Dill, Janette S. & Cohen, Philip N.
- 2191-2199 What counts and how to count it: Physicians’ constructions of evidence in a disinvestment context
by Hodgetts, Katherine & Elshaug, Adam G. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 2200-2206 Putting your money where your mouth is: Parents' valuation of good oral health of their children
by Vermaire, J.H. & van Exel, N.J.A. & van Loveren, C. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 2207-2214 Inter-professional electronic documents and child health: A study of persisting non-electronic communication in the use of electronic documents
by Saario, Sirpa & Hall, Christopher & Peckover, Sue
- 2215-2224 Housing instability and health: Findings from the Michigan recession and recovery study
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Seefeldt, Kristin S. & Zelner, Sarah
- 2225-2232 Embedded gender and social changes underpinning inequalities in health: An ethnographic insight into a local Spanish context
by García-Calvente, Mar & Marcos-Marcos, Jorge & del Río-Lozano, María & Hidalgo-Ruzzante, Natalia & Maroto-Navarro, Gracia
- 2233-2241 Social networks – The future for health care delivery
by Griffiths, Frances & Cave, Jonathan & Boardman, Felicity & Ren, Justin & Pawlikowska, Teresa & Ball, Robin & Clarke, Aileen & Cohen, Alan
- 2242-2249 Associations between friends' disordered eating and muscle-enhancing behaviors
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wall, Melanie & Shim, Jin Joo & Bruening, Meg & Loth, Katie & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 2250-2257 The impact of migratory separation from parents on the health of adolescents in the Philippines
by Smeekens, Chantal & Stroebe, Margaret S. & Abakoumkin, Georgios
- 2258-2266 Aggravating conditions: Cynical hostility and neighborhood ambient stressors
by King, Katherine
- 2267-2274 The relationship between mortality and time since divorce, widowhood or remarriage in Norway
by Berntsen, Kjersti Norgård & Kravdal, Øystein
- 2275-2282 Bodies of risk: Constructing motherhood in a Mexican public hospital
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 2283-2290 Indifferent to disease: A qualitative investigation of the reasons why some Papua New Guineans who own mosquito nets choose not to use them
by Pulford, Justin & Oakiva, Tania & Angwin, Angeline & Bryant, Miranda & Mueller, Ivo & Hetzel, Manuel W.
- 2291-2298 Leveraging health capital at the workplace: An examination of health reporting behavior among Latino immigrant restaurant workers in the United States
by Gleeson, Shannon
- 2299-2306 Realist randomised controlled trials: A new approach to evaluating complex public health interventions
by Bonell, Chris & Fletcher, Adam & Morton, Matthew & Lorenc, Theo & Moore, Laurence
- 2307-2316 Neighborhood characteristics and depressive symptoms of older people: Local spatial analyses
by Cromley, Ellen K. & Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel A.
- 2317-2325 Neighborhood poverty, park use, and park-based physical activity in a Southern California city
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Han, Bing & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Williamson, Stephanie & Marsh, Terry & Rudick, Jodi & McKenzie, Thomas L.
- 2326-2336 Intragenerational mobility and mortality in Russia: Short and longer-term effects
by Billingsley, Sunnee
- 2337-2344 A network approach for researching political feasibility of healthcare reform: The case of universal healthcare system in Taiwan
by Wang, Guang-Xu
- 2345-2352 Altruism and participation in longitudinal health research? Insights from the Whitehall II Study
by Mein, Gill & Seale, Clive & Rice, Helen & Johal, Suneeta & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Ellison, George & Tinker, Anthea
- 2353-2361 The debate about the funding of Herceptin: A case study of ‘countervailing powers’
by Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Norris, Pauline & Dew, Kevin & Madden, Helen & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 2362-2369 The classification and nomenclature of ‘medically unexplained symptoms’: Conflict, performativity and critique
by Greco, Monica
- 2370-2377 Health financing in fragile and post-conflict states: What do we know and what are the gaps?
by Witter, Sophie
- 2378-2385 Benefit or burden? A sociotechnical analysis of diagnostic computer kiosks in four California hospital emergency departments
by Ackerman, Sara L. & Tebb, Kathleen & Stein, John C. & Frazee, Bradley W. & Hendey, Gregory W. & Schmidt, Laura A. & Gonzales, Ralph
- 2386-2393 Priority-setting and rationing in healthcare: Evidence from the English experience
by Robinson, Suzanne & Williams, Iestyn & Dickinson, Helen & Freeman, Tim & Rumbold, Benedict
- 2394-2402 Inpatient care of the elderly in Brazil and India: Assessing social inequalities
by Channon, Andrew Amos & Andrade, Monica Viegas & Noronha, Kenya & Leone, Tiziana & Dilip, T.R.
- 2403-2411 Couples’ reports of household decision-making and the utilization of maternal health services in Bangladesh
by Story, William T. & Burgard, Sarah A.
- 2412-2419 Rapidly rising food prices and the experience of food insecurity in urban Ethiopia: Impacts on health and well-being
by Hadley, Craig & Stevenson, Edward Geoffrey Jedediah & Tadesse, Yemesrach & Belachew, Tefera
- 2420-2424 Urban Aboriginal mobility in Canada: Examining the association with health care utilization
by Snyder, Marcie & Wilson, Kathi
- 2425-2430 The duty to care in an influenza pandemic: A qualitative study of Canadian public perspectives
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Smith, Maxwell J. & Pisartchik, Dmitri & Sahni, Sachin & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2431-2436 Delayed and differential effects of the economic crisis in Sweden in the 1990s on health-related exclusion from the labour market: A health equity assessment
by Burström, B. & Nylén, L. & Barr, B. & Clayton, S. & Holland, P. & Whitehead, M.
- 2437-2445 Marginalized identities, discrimination burden, and mental health: Empirical exploration of an interpersonal-level approach to modeling intersectionality
by Seng, Julia S. & Lopez, William D. & Sperlich, Mickey & Hamama, Lydia & Reed Meldrum, Caroline D.
- 2446-2454 Birth weight, infant mortality, and race: Twin comparisons and genetic/environmental inputs
by Conley, Dalton & Strully, Kate W.
- 2455-2462 Capitals diminished, denied, mustered and deployed. A qualitative longitudinal study of women's four year trajectories after acute health crisis, Burkina Faso
by Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 2463-2471 Affordability as a discursive accomplishment in a changing National Health Service
by Russell, Jill & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 2472-2480 Contextual effect of different components of social capital on health in a suburban city of the greater Tokyo area: A multilevel analysis
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Wakui, Tomoko & Arami, Reiko & Sugawara, Ikuko & Yoshie, Satoru
- 2481-2492 An exploratory multilevel analysis of income, income inequality and self-rated health of the elderly in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Wang, Wenfei Winnie & Jones, Kelvyn & Li, Yaqing
- 2493-2502 Infant and fetal mortality among a high fertility and mortality population in the Bolivian Amazon
by Gurven, Michael
- 2503-2508 Household-based cash transfer targeting strategies in Zimbabwe: Are we reaching the most vulnerable children?
by Robertson, Laura & Mushati, Phyllis & Eaton, Jeffrey W. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makoni, Jeremiah C. & Skovdal, Morten & Crea, Tom & Mavise, Gideon & Dumba, Lovemore & Schumacher, Christina & Munyati, Shungu & Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2509-2514 “Pay them if it works”: Discrete choice experiments on the acceptability of financial incentives to change health related behaviour
by Promberger, Marianne & Dolan, Paul & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 2515-2521 Provider incentives and access to dental care: Evaluating NHS reforms in England
by Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 2522-2529 Stress and diabetes in socioeconomic context: A qualitative study of urban Indians
by Mendenhall, Emily & Shivashankar, Roopa & Tandon, Nikhil & Ali, Mohammed K. & Venkat Narayan, K.M. & Prabhakaran, Dorairaj
- 2530-2538 Labor migration and child mortality in Mozambique
by Yabiku, Scott T. & Agadjanian, Victor & Cau, Boaventura
2012, Volume 75, Issue 11
- 1925-1932 Moving beyond walkability: On the potential of health geography
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Hall, Edward & Evans, Bethan & Colls, Rachel
- 1933-1937 Changing health care quality paradigms: The rise of clinical guidelines and quality measures in American medicine
by Nigam, Amit
- 1938-1945 Deliberative dialogues as a mechanism for knowledge translation and exchange in health systems decision-making
by Boyko, Jennifer A. & Lavis, John N. & Abelson, Julia & Dobbins, Maureen & Carter, Nancy
- 1946-1953 The politics of action research: “If you don't like the way things are going, get off the bus”
by Nugus, Peter & Greenfield, David & Travaglia, Joanne & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1954-1963 Geographic distribution of healthcare resources, healthcare service provision, and patient flow in Japan: A cross sectional study
by Shinjo, Daisuke & Aramaki, Toshiharu
- 1964-1973 When you can’t have the cake and eat it too
by Carlsen, Benedicte & Hole, Arne Risa & Kolstad, Julie Riise & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1974-1980 Stock or stroke? Stock market movement and stroke incidence in Taiwan
by Chen, Chun-Chih & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Lin, Ying-Tzu
- 1981-1988 Productivity cost calculations in health economic evaluations: Correcting for compensation mechanisms and multiplier effects
by Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Severens, Johan L. & Kaper, Janneke & Evers, Silvia M.A.A.
- 1989-1998 Childhood obesity and human capital accumulation
by Palermo, Tia M. & Dowd, Jennifer B.
- 1999-2006 Understanding recovery: Changes in the relationships of the International Classification of Functioning (ICF) components over time
by Davis, A.M. & Perruccio, A.V. & Ibrahim, S. & Hogg-Johnson, S. & Wong, R. & Badley, E.M.
- 2007-2012 Glitch in the gradient: Additional education does not uniformly equal better health
by Zajacova, Anna & Rogers, Richard G. & Johnson-Lawrence, Vicki
- 2013-2020 The influence of stress and social support on depressive symptoms in mothers with young children
by Manuel, Jennifer I. & Martinson, Melissa L. & Bledsoe-Mansori, Sarah E. & Bellamy, Jennifer L.
- 2021-2027 Training traditional birth attendants to use misoprostol and an absorbent delivery mat in home births
by Prata, Ndola & Quaiyum, Md. Abdul & Passano, Paige & Bell, Suzanne & Bohl, Daniel D. & Hossain, Shahed & Azmi, Ashrafi Jahan & Begum, Mohsina