Social Science & Medicine
2012, Volume 75, Issue 7
- 1311-1320 A life course model of self-rated health through adolescence and young adulthood
by Bauldry, Shawn & Shanahan, Michael J. & Boardman, Jason D. & Miech, Richard A. & Macmillan, Ross
- 1321-1328 High school students’ posttraumatic symptoms, substance abuse and involvement in violence in the aftermath of war
by Schiff, Miriam & Pat-Horenczyk, Ruth & Benbenishty, Rami & Brom, Danny & Baum, Naomi & Astor, Ron Avi
2012, Volume 75, Issue 6
- 955-958 Race, ethnicity and health: The costs and benefits of conceptualising racism and ethnicity
by Bradby, Hannah
- 959-975 Intimate partner violence against adult women and its association with major depressive disorder, depressive symptoms and postpartum depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Beydoun, May A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Lo, Bruce & Zonderman, Alan B.
- 976-985 What do we know about the experience of age related macular degeneration? A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Bennion, Amy E. & Shaw, Rachel L. & Gibson, Jonathan M.
- 990-996 Population heterogeneity in the impact of body weight on mortality
by Zheng, Hui & Yang, Yang
- 997-1005 Disaggregating Canadian immigrant smoking behaviour by country of birth
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Neligan, David
- 1006-1014 Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian Americans
by Zhang, Wei & Hong, Seunghye & Takeuchi, David T. & Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 1015-1021 Geographically-based discrimination is a social determinant of mental health in a deprived or stigmatized area in Japan: A cross-sectional study
by Tabuchi, Takahiro & Fukuhara, Hiroyuki & Iso, Hiroyasu
- 1022-1031 The role of geographic scale in testing the income inequality hypothesis as an explanation of health disparities
by Chen, Zhuo & Gotway Crawford, Carol A.
- 1032-1037 Weighing the contributions of material and social area deprivation to preterm birth
by Auger, Nathalie & Park, Alison L. & Gamache, Philippe & Pampalon, Robert & Daniel, Mark
- 1038-1047 Neighborhood-level stressors, social support, and diurnal patterns of cortisol: The Chicago Community Adult Health Study
by Karb, Rebecca A. & Elliott, Michael R. & Dowd, Jennifer B. & Morenoff, Jeffrey D.
- 1048-1056 Food outlet availability, deprivation and obesity in a multi-ethnic sample of pregnant women in Bradford, UK
by Fraser, L.K. & Edwards, K.L. & Tominitz, M. & Clarke, G.P. & Hill, A.J.
- 1057-1066 Building patient-centeredness: Hospital design as an interpretive act
by Bromley, Elizabeth
- 1067-1077 Vulnerability of indigenous health to climate change: A case study of Uganda's Batwa Pygmies
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Dingle, Kathryn & Ford, James D. & Lee, Celine & Lwasa, Shuaib & Namanya, Didas B. & Henderson, Jim & Llanos, Alejandro & Carcamo, Cesar & Edge, Victoria
- 1078-1087 Enhancing adolescent self-efficacy and collective efficacy through public engagement around HIV/AIDS competence: A multilevel, cluster randomized-controlled trial
by Carlson, Mary & Brennan, Robert T. & Earls, Felton
- 1088-1096 Explanatory models of diabetes in the U.S. and Mexico: The patient–provider gap and cultural competence
by Weller, Susan C. & Baer, Roberta D. & Garcia de Alba Garcia, Javier & Salcedo Rocha, Ana L.
- 1097-1105 Cruel disease, cruel medicine: Self-treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with harmful chemical substances in Suriname
by Ramdas, Sahienshadebie
- 1106-1113 Experiences of fathering a baby admitted to neonatal intensive care: A critical gender analysis
by Deeney, Kathleen & Lohan, Maria & Spence, Dale & Parkes, Jackie
- 1114-1121 The promotion of unhealthy habits in gay, lesbian, and straight intimate partnerships
by Reczek, Corinne
- 1122-1127 Effects of contact with treatment users on mental illness stigma: Evidence from university roommate assignments
by Eisenberg, Daniel & Downs, Marilyn F. & Golberstein, Ezra
- 1128-1133 Associations of physical symptoms with perceived need for and use of mental health services among Latino and Asian Americans
by Bauer, Amy M. & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 1134-1141 From cottage industry to a dominant mode of primary care: Stages in the diffusion of a health care innovation (retail clinics)
by McKinlay, John B. & Marceau, Lisa D.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 5
- 775-783 Medicalization and pharmaceuticalization at the intersections: Looking backward, sideways and forward
by Bell, Susan E. & Figert, Anne E.
- 784-794 Formulation of work stress in 1960–2000: Analysis of scientific works from the perspective of historical sociology
by Väänänen, Ari & Anttila, Erkko & Turtiainen, Jussi & Varje, Pekka
- 795-800 Intra-organizational dynamics as drivers of entrepreneurship among physicians and managers in hospitals of western countries
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 801-806 Cost-effectiveness analysis of human resources policy interventions to address the shortage of nurses in rural South Africa
by Lagarde, Mylene & Blaauw, Duane & Cairns, John
- 807-814 The struggle to improve patient care in the face of professional boundaries
by Powell, Alison E. & Davies, Huw T.O.
- 815-822 Moving towards culturally competent health systems: Organizational and market factors
by Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Elliott, Marc N. & Pradhan, Rohit & Schiller, Cameron & Dreachslin, Janice & Hays, Ron D.
- 823-827 The rights of psychiatric patients in China: A survey of medical staff and consumers' attitudes toward patient participation in clinical trials
by Su, Liang & Huang, Jingjing & Mellor, David & Yang, Weimin & McCabe, Marita & Shen, Yifeng & Li, Huafang & Wang, Weichun & Xu, Yifeng
- 828-835 Listening to the rural health workers in Papua New Guinea – The social factors that influence their motivation to work
by Razee, Husna & Whittaker, Maxine & Jayasuriya, Rohan & Yap, Lorraine & Brentnall, Lee
- 836-844 On ethical locations: The good death in Thailand, where ethics sit in places
by Stonington, Scott D.
- 845-853 Cultural differences affecting euthanasia practice in Belgium: One law but different attitudes and practices in Flanders and Wallonia
by Cohen, Joachim & Van Wesemael, Yanna & Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Deliens, Luc
- 854-858 Minority status and health information search: A test of the social diversification hypothesis
by Mesch, Gustavo & Mano, Rita & Tsamir, Judith
- 859-863 Unmet needs among disabled elderly Malaysians
by Momtaz, Yadollah Abolfathi & Hamid, Tengku Aizan & Ibrahim, Rahimah
- 864-872 One more chemo or one too many? Defining the limits of treatment and innovation in medical oncology
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 873-882 "They should take time": Disclosure of clinical trial results as part of a social relationship
by Sarradon-Eck, Aline & Sakoyan, Juliette & Desclaux, Alice & Mancini, Julien & Genre, Dominique & Julian-Reynier, Claire
- 883-891 Revisiting “her” infertility: Medicalized embodiment, self-identification and distress
by Johnson, Katherine M. & Fledderjohann, Jasmine
- 892-900 ‘Relax and take a deep breath’: Print media coverage of asthma and air pollution in the United States
by Mayer, Brian
- 901-904 Social network type and health-related behaviors: Evidence from an American national survey
by Shiovitz-Ezra, Sharon & Litwin, Howard
- 905-913 Socioeconomic equity in amenable mortality in Finland 1992–2008
by Lumme, Sonja & Sund, Reijo & Leyland, Alastair H. & Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 914-921 Environmental factors associated with primary care access among urban older adults
by Ryvicker, Miriam & Gallo, William T. & Fahs, Marianne C.
- 922-931 Racial/ethnic and gender differences in the association between self-reported experiences of racial/ethnic discrimination and inflammation in the CARDIA cohort of 4 US communities
by Cunningham, Timothy J. & Seeman, Teresa E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Jacobs, David R. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 932-939 The association between parent’s health and the educational attainment of their children
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B. & Miech, Richard A. & MacMillan, Ross & Shanahan, Michael J.
- 940-945 Gender differences on the impacts of social exclusion on mortality among older Japanese: AGES cohort study
by Saito, Masashige & Kondo, Naoki & Kondo, Katsunori & Ojima, Toshiyuki & Hirai, Hiroshi
- 946-953 Health effects of downsizing survival and job loss in Norway
by Østhus, Ståle
2012, Volume 75, Issue 4
- 589-594 Challenges to changing health behaviours in developing countries: A critical overview
by Aboud, Frances E. & Singla, Daisy R.
- 595-603 Health insurance and health-seeking behavior: Evidence from a randomized community-based insurance rollout in rural Burkina Faso
by Robyn, Paul Jacob & Fink, Günther & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 604-611 Interim evaluation of a large scale sanitation, hygiene and water improvement programme on childhood diarrhea and respiratory disease in rural Bangladesh
by Huda, Tarique Md. Nurul & Unicomb, Leanne & Johnston, Richard B. & Halder, Amal K. & Yushuf Sharker, Md. Abu & Luby, Stephen P.
- 612-621 Behaviour change communication targeting four health behaviours in developing countries: A review of change techniques
by Briscoe, Ciara & Aboud, Frances
- 622-633 Systematic review of behavior change research on point-of-use water treatment interventions in countries categorized as low- to medium-development on the human development index
by Parker Fiebelkorn, Amy & Person, Bobbie & Quick, Robert E. & Vindigni, Stephen M. & Jhung, Michael & Bowen, Anna & Riley, Patricia L.
- 634-642 Understanding why women adopt and sustain home water treatment: Insights from the Malawi antenatal care program
by Wood, Siri & Foster, Jennifer & Kols, Adrienne
- 643-650 Social communication network analysis of the role of participatory research in the adoption of new fish consumption behaviors
by Mertens, Frédéric & Saint-Charles, Johanne & Mergler, Donna
- 651-658 Caregivers' responses to an intervention to improve young child feeding behaviors in rural Bangladesh: A mixed method study of the facilitators and barriers to change
by Affleck, William & Pelto, Gretel
- 659-667 The influence of cognitive-perceptual variables on patterns of change over time in rural midlife and older women’s healthy eating
by Yates, Bernice C. & Pullen, Carol H. & Santo, Jonathan Bruce & Boeckner, Linda & Hageman, Patricia A. & Dizona, Paul J. & Walker, Susan Noble
- 668-675 Process assessment of a peer education programme for HIV prevention among sex workers in Dhaka, Bangladesh : A social support framework
by Sarafian, Isabelle
- 676-687 A meta-analysis of the efficacy of HIV/AIDS prevention interventions in Asia, 1995–2009
by Tan, Judy Y. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Warren, Michelle R. & Carey, Michael P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 688-698 A role for depression in sexual risk reduction for women? A meta-analysis of HIV prevention trials with depression outcomes
by Lennon, Carter A. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Gerwien, Daniel P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 699-708 Contextualization of HIV and HPV risk and prevention among Pacific Islander young adults in Southern California
by DiStefano, Anthony S. & Hui, Brian & Barrera-Ng, Angelica & Quitugua, Lourdes F. & Peters, Ruth & Dimaculangan, Jeany & Vunileva, Isileli & Tui'one, Vanessa & Takahashi, Lois M. & Tanjasiri, Sora Park
- 709-716 Women's childbirth preferences and practices in the United States
by Miller, Amy Chasteen & Shriver, Thomas E.
- 717-724 Leveraging the “living laboratory”: On the emergence of the entrepreneurial hospital
by French, Martin & Miller, Fiona Alice
- 725-732 IVF policy and global/local politics: The making of multiple-embryo transfer regulation in Taiwan
by Wu, Chia-Ling
- 733-737 High caesarean section rate in rural China: Is it related to health insurance (New Co-operative Medical Scheme)?
by Long, Qian & Klemetti, Reija & Wang, Yang & Tao, Fangbiao & Yan, Hong & Hemminki, Elina
- 738-746 Consumer preferences for household water treatment products in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Poulos, Christine & Yang, Jui-Chen & Patil, Sumeet R. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu & Wood, Siri & Goodyear, Lorelei & Gonzalez, Juan Marcos
- 747-751 Community-level socioeconomic status and parental smoking in Japan
by Takeuchi, Kenji & Aida, Jun & Morita, Manabu & Ando, Yuichi & Osaka, Ken
- 754-760 Correlation or causation? Income inequality and infant mortality in fixed effects models in the period 1960–2008 in 34 OECD countries
by Avendano, Mauricio
- 761-769 The persistence of health inequalities in modern welfare states: The explanation of a paradox
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 439-451 Effect of unequal employment status on workers’ health: Results from a Japanese national survey
by Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Inoue, Mariko & Yano, Eiji
- 459-468 Birthweight of children of immigrants by maternal duration of residence in the United States
by Teitler, Julien O. & Hutto, Nathan & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 469-476 Ethnic disparities in adolescent body mass index in the United States: The role of parental socioeconomic status and economic contextual factors
by Powell, Lisa M. & Wada, Roy & Krauss, Ramona C. & Wang, Youfa
- 477-481 Family income and childhood obesity in eight European cities: The mediating roles of Neighborhood characteristics and physical activity
by Evans, Gary W. & Jones-Rounds, McKenzie L. & Belojevic, Goran & Vermeylen, Francoise
- 482-490 Associations of economic and gender inequality with global obesity prevalence: Understanding the female excess
by Wells, Jonathan C.K. & Marphatia, Akanksha A. & Cole, Tim J. & McCoy, David
- 491-495 Residential property values are associated with obesity among women in King County, WA, USA
by Rehm, Colin D. & Moudon, Anne V. & Hurvitz, Philip M. & Drewnowski, Adam
- 496-504 Parental employment and work-family stress: Associations with family food environments
by Bauer, Katherine W. & Hearst, Mary O. & Escoto, Kamisha & Berge, Jerica M. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 505-510 Measuring the payback of research activities: A feasible ex-post evaluation methodology in epidemiology and public health
by Aymerich, Marta & Carrion, Carme & Gallo, Pedro & Garcia, Maria & López-Bermejo, Abel & Quesada, Miquel & Ramos, Rafel
- 511-515 Performance of female volunteer community health workers in Dhaka urban slums
by Alam, Khurshid & Tasneem, Sakiba & Oliveras, Elizabeth
- 516-525 “911” among West African immigrants in New York City: A qualitative study of parents' disciplinary practices and their perceptions of child welfare authorities
by Rasmussen, Andrew & Akinsulure-Smith, Adeyinka & Chu, Tracy & Keatley, Eva
- 526-530 Transition to retirement and risk of cardiovascular disease: Prospective analysis of the US health and retirement study
by Moon, J. Robin & Glymour, M. Maria & Subramanian, S.V. & Avendaño, Mauricio & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 531-537 Revealing mental health status in Iran's capital: Putting equity and efficiency together
by Morasae, Esmaeil Khedmati & Forouzan, Ameneh Setareh & Asadi-Lari, Mohsen & Majdzadeh, Reza
- 538-547 “From this place and of this place:” Climate change, sense of place, and health in Nunatsiavut, Canada
by Cunsolo Willox, Ashlee & Harper, Sherilee L. & Ford, James D. & Landman, Karen & Houle, Karen & Edge, Victoria L.
- 548-554 Haunted by ghosts: Prevalence, predictors and outcomes of spirit possession experiences among former child soldiers and war-affected civilians in Northern Uganda
by Neuner, Frank & Pfeiffer, Anett & Schauer-Kaiser, Elisabeth & Odenwald, Michael & Elbert, Thomas & Ertl, Verena
- 555-564 Idioms of distress, ethnopsychology, and the clinical encounter in Haiti's Central Plateau
by Keys, Hunter M. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Khoury, Nayla M. & Brewster, Aimée-Rika T.
- 565-572 Cooking with biomass increases the risk of depression in pre-menopausal women in India
by Banerjee, Madhuchhanda & Siddique, Shabana & Dutta, Anindita & Mukherjee, Bidisha & Ranjan Ray, Manas
- 573-580 The recovery imperative: A critical examination of mid-life women's recovery from depression
by O'Brien, Wendy
- 581-588 Challenging claims that mental illness has been increasing and mental well-being declining
by Busfield, Joan
2012, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 249-256 Cultural competence and evidence-based practice in mental health: Epistemic communities and the politics of pluralism
by Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 257-263 Patients' willingness and ability to participate actively in the reduction of clinical errors: A systematic literature review
by Doherty, Carole & Stavropoulou, Charitini
- 264-268 Care pathways lead to better teamwork: Results of a systematic review
by Deneckere, Svin & Euwema, Martin & Van Herck, Pieter & Lodewijckx, Cathy & Panella, Massimiliano & Sermeus, Walter & Vanhaecht, Kris
- 269-273 The health care access and utilization of homeschooled children in the United States
by Cordner, Alissa
- 274-282 Health programs struggling with complexity: A case study of the Dutch ‘PreCare’ project
by Wehrens, Rik & Bal, Roland
- 283-287 Regional differences in HIV prevalence and individual attitudes among service providers in China
by Li, Li & Lin, Chunqing & Wu, Zunyou & Scott Comulada, W. & Ding, Yingying
- 288-296 Trans-local ties, local ties and psychological well-being among rural-to-urban migrants in Shanghai
by Jin, Lei & Wen, Ming & Fan, Jessie X. & Wang, Guixin
- 297-299 Residual stigma: Psychological distress among the formerly overweight
by Levy, Becca R. & Pilver, Corey E.
- 300-310 Durational and generational differences in Mexican immigrant obesity: Is acculturation the explanation?
by Creighton, Mathew J. & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Chung, Chang Y.
- 311-322 Weight of communities: A multilevel analysis of body mass index in 32,814 neighborhoods in 57 low- to middle-income countries (LMICs)
by Corsi, Daniel J. & Finlay, Jocelyn E. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 323-330 Breastfeeding and risk of overweight and obesity at nine-years of age
by McCrory, Cathal & Layte, Richard
- 331-339 Linkages between maternal education and childhood immunization in India
by Vikram, Kriti & Vanneman, Reeve & Desai, Sonalde
- 340-348 Social capital and self-rated health – A study of temporal (causal) relationships
by Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola & Björk, Jonas & Lindström, Martin
- 349-357 Individual social capital, neighbourhood deprivation, and self-rated health in England
by Verhaeghe, Pieter-Paul & Tampubolon, Gindo
- 358-366 Towards a reassessment of the role of divorce in suicide outcomes: Evidence from five pacific rim populations
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Chen, Ying-Yeh & Yousuf, Saman & Lee, Carmen K.M. & Kawano, Kenji & Routley, Virginia & Ben Park, B.C. & Yamauchi, Takashi & Tachimori, Hisateru & Clapperton, Angela & Wu, Kevin Chien-Chang
- 367-376 Risk as feelings in the effect of patient outcomes on physicians' future treatment decisions: A randomized trial and manipulation validation
by Hemmerich, Joshua A. & Elstein, Arthur S. & Schwarze, Margaret L. & Moliski, Elizabeth Ghini & Dale, William
- 377-383 Why performance-based contracting failed in Uganda – An “open-box” evaluation of a complex health system intervention
by Ssengooba, Freddie & McPake, Barbara & Palmer, Natasha
- 384-391 The decision to vaccinate a child: An economic perspective from southern Malawi
by Holte, Jon H. & Mæstad, Ottar & Jani, Jagrati V.
- 392-400 Water insecurity in 3 dimensions: An anthropological perspective on water and women's psychosocial distress in Ethiopia
by Stevenson, Edward G.J. & Greene, Leslie E. & Maes, Kenneth C. & Ambelu, Argaw & Tesfaye, Yihenew Alemu & Rheingans, Richard & Hadley, Craig
- 401-409 Class, gender and culture in the experience of menopause. A comparative survey in Tunisia and France
by Delanoë, Daniel & Hajri, Selma & Bachelot, Annie & Mahfoudh Draoui, Dorra & Hassoun, Danielle & Marsicano, Elise & Ringa, Virginie
- 410-418 Representations of MDR and XDR-TB in South African newspapers
by Daku, Mark & Gibbs, Andrew & Heymann, Jody
- 419-428 Suicide communication events: Lay interpretation of the communication of suicidal ideation and intent
by Owen, Gareth & Belam, Judith & Lambert, Helen & Donovan, Jenny & Rapport, Frances & Owens, Christabel
- 429-437 The possibilities of technology in shaping healthcare professionals: (Re/De-)Professionalisation of pharmacists in England
by Petrakaki, Dimitra & Barber, Nick & Waring, Justin
2012, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-9 Whiners and deniers – What does self-rated health measure?
by Layes, Audrey & Asada, Yukiko & Kephart, George
- 14-22 The journals are full of great studies but can we believe the statistics? Revisiting the Mass Privatisation – Mortality Debate
by Gerry, Christopher J.
- 36-45 Do people die from income inequality of a decade ago?
by Zheng, Hui
- 46-59 Meta-analysis of marital dissolution and mortality: Reevaluating the intersection of gender and age
by Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J. & Bugyi, Paul & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 60-68 Macro-level gender equality and alcohol consumption: A multi-level analysis across U.S. States
by Roberts, Sarah C.M.
- 69-76 Does school ethos explain the relationship between value-added education and teenage substance use? A cohort study
by Markham, Wolfgang A. & Young, Robert & Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick & Aveyard, Paul
- 77-86 A cross-sectional exploration of smoking status and social interaction in a large population-based Australian cohort
by Chiew, May & Weber, Marianne F. & Egger, Sam & Sitas, Freddy
- 87-97 A best–worst scaling survey of adolescents' level of concern for health and non-health consequences of smoking
by Marti, Joachim
- 98-108 Multiple risk behaviors and suicidal ideation and behavior among Israeli and Palestinian adolescents
by Harel-Fisch, Yossi & Abdeen, Ziad & Walsh, Sophie D. & Radwan, Qasrowi & Fogel-Grinvald, Haya
- 109-119 Bigger bodies: Long-term trends and disparities in obesity and body-mass index among U.S. adults, 1960–2008
by Ljungvall, Åsa & Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 120-128 Heterogeneity of income and lifestyle determinants of body weight among adult women in Mexico, 2006
by Colchero, M.A. & Sosa-Rubí, S.G.
- 129-137 Use of the Yitzhaki Index as a test of relative deprivation for health outcomes: A review of recent literature
by Adjaye-Gbewonyo, Kafui & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 138-147 A perverse ‘net’ effect? Health insurance and ex-ante moral hazard in Ghana
by Yilma, Zelalem & van Kempen, Luuk & de Hoop, Thomas
- 148-155 Representations and uses of emergency contraception in West Africa. A social anthropological reading of a northern medicinal product
by Teixeira, Maria & Guillaume, Agnès & Ferrand, Michèle & Adjamabgo, Agnès & Bajos, Nathalie
- 156-164 The relationship between state abortion-restrictions and homicide deaths among children under 5 years of age: A longitudinal study
by Sen, Bisakha & Wingate, Martha Slay & Kirby, Russell
- 165-170 Pharmacovigilance in Europe and North America: Divergent approaches
by Wiktorowicz, Mary & Lexchin, Joel & Moscou, Kathy
- 171-178 Understanding similarities in the local implementation of a healthy environment programme: Insights from policy studies
by Clavier, Carole & Gendron, Sylvie & Lamontagne, Lise & Potvin, Louise
- 179-185 Predictors of and health services utilization related to depressive symptoms among elderly Koreans
by Shin, Jin Hee & Do, Young Kyung & Maselko, Joanna & Brouwer, Rebecca J.N. & Song, Sang Wook & Østbye, Truls
- 186-192 Assessment of the sunk-cost effect in clinical decision-making
by Braverman, Jennifer A. & Blumenthal-Barby, J.S.
- 193-199 Governing the moral economy: Animal engineering, ethics and the liberal government of science
by Harvey, Alison & Salter, Brian
- 200-207 Governing at a distance: Social marketing and the (bio) politics of responsibility
by Crawshaw, Paul
- 208-216 From silence to sensitivity: A new Identity Disclosure model to facilitate disclosure for same-sex attracted women in general practice consultations
by McNair, Ruth Patricia & Hegarty, Kelsey & Taft, Angela
- 217-224 Acceptance of dying: A discourse analysis of palliative care literature
by Zimmermann, Camilla
- 225-232 Place-specific constructs of social capital and their possible associations to health: A Japanese case study
by Hanibuchi, Tomoya & Murata, Yohei & Ichida, Yukinobu & Hirai, Hiroshi & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kondo, Katsunori
- 233-239 Towards a differentiated understanding of active travel behaviour: Using social theory to explore everyday commuting
by Guell, C. & Panter, J. & Jones, N.R. & Ogilvie, D.
- 240-247 Is travel-time to a specialist centre a risk factor for non-referral, non-attendance and loss to follow-up among patients with hepatitis C (HCV) infection?
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul & Dillon, John
2012, Volume 74, Issue 12
- 1843-1850 The unbearable lightness of citizens within public deliberation processes
by Lehoux, P. & Daudelin, G. & Abelson, J.
- 1856-1863 Is harm reduction profitable? An analytical framework for corporate social responsibility based on an epidemic model of addictive consumption
by Massin, Sophie
- 1864-1873 The role of family incomes in cigarette smoking: Evidence from French students
by Ben Lakhdar, Christian & Cauchie, Grégoire & Vaillant, Nicolas Gérard & Wolff, François-Charles
- 1874-1881 Supplemental nutrition assistance program and body weight outcomes: The role of economic contextual factors
by Han, Euna & Powell, Lisa M. & Isgor, Zeynep
- 1882-1890 What impact does contact with the prenatal care system have on women’s use of facility delivery? Evidence from low-income countries
by Guliani, Harminder & Sepehri, Ardeshir & Serieux, John
- 1891-1899 Social relationships and inflammatory markers: An analysis of Taiwan and the U.S
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Ryff, Carol D. & Lin, Yu-Hsuan & Weinstein, Maxine
- 1900-1910 Using quantile regression to examine the effects of inequality across the mortality distribution in the U.S. counties
by Yang, Tse-Chuan & Chen, Vivian Yi-Ju & Shoff, Carla & Matthews, Stephen A.
- 1911-1920 The length of unemployment predicts mortality, differently in men and women, and by cause of death: A six year mortality follow-up of the Swedish 1992–1996 recession
by Garcy, Anthony M. & Vågerö, Denny
- 1921-1928 Comparing the socioeconomic status – Health gradient among adults 50 and older across rural and urban areas of Thailand in 1994 and 2007
by Zimmer, Zachary & Prachuabmoh, Vipan
- 1929-1938 Healthy travel and the socio-economic structure of car commuting in Cambridge, UK: A mixed-methods analysis
by Goodman, Anna & Guell, Cornelia & Panter, Jenna & Jones, Natalia R. & Ogilvie, David
- 1939-1947 Family functioning as a mediator between neighborhood conditions and children's health: Evidence from a national survey in the United States
by Fan, Yingling & Chen, Qian
- 1948-1951 Socioeconomic status and cell aging in children
by Needham, Belinda L. & Fernandez, Jose R. & Lin, Jue & Epel, Elissa S. & Blackburn, Elizabeth H.
- 1952-1960 Social network influences on adolescent substance use: Disentangling structural equivalence from cohesion
by Fujimoto, Kayo & Valente, Thomas W.
- 1961-1967 Maternal religious attendance and low birth weight
by Burdette, Amy M. & Weeks, Janet & Hill, Terrence D. & Eberstein, Isaac W.
- 1968-1978 Decision aid tools to support women's decision making in pregnancy and birth: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Dugas, Marylène & Shorten, Allison & Dubé, Eric & Wassef, Maggy & Bujold, Emmanuel & Chaillet, Nils
- 1979-1986 Childhood family income and life outcomes in adulthood: Findings from a 30-year longitudinal study in New Zealand
by Gibb, Sheree J. & Fergusson, David M. & Horwood, L. John
- 1987-1994 Beyond normality in the study of bereavement: Heterogeneity in depression outcomes following loss in older adults
by Galatzer-Levy, Isaac R. & Bonanno, George A.
- 1995-2004 The long-term impact of war on health and wellbeing in Northern Vietnam: Some glimpses from a recent survey
by Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Korinek, Kim
- 2005-2011 Impact of war, religiosity and ideology on PTSD and psychiatric disorders in adolescents from Gaza Strip and South Lebanon
by Khamis, Vivian
- 2012-2019 Food insecurity, depression and the modifying role of social support among people living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Hunt, Peter W. & Muzoora, Conrad & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 2020-2027 Stress associated with caregiving: An examination of the stress process model among Kenyan Luo elders
by Ice, Gillian H. & Sadruddin, Aalyia F.A. & Vagedes, Amy & Yogo, Jaja & Juma, Elizabeth
- 2028-2036 ‘Dying from’ to ‘living with’: Framing institutions and the coping processes of African American women living with HIV/AIDS
by Watkins-Hayes, Celeste & Pittman-Gay, LaShawnDa & Beaman, Jean
- 2037-2045 Pathways to care: Narratives of American Indian adolescents entering substance abuse treatment
by Novins, Douglas K. & Spicer, Paul & Fickenscher, Alexandra & Pescosolido, Bernice
- 2046-2052 Alienating evidence based medicine vs. innovative medical device marketing: A report on the evidence debate at a Wounds conference
by Madden, Mary
2012, Volume 74, Issue 11
- 1667-1674 Autism spectrum disorders: Toward a gendered embodiment model
by Cheslack-Postava, Keely & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1675-1683 Gender, health and theory: Conceptualizing the issue, in local and world perspective
by Connell, Raewyn
- 1684-1692 Sexing the baby: Part 1 – What do we really know about sex differentiation in the first three years of life?
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meghan
- 1693-1702 Sexing the baby: Part 2 applying dynamic systems theory to the emergences of sex-related differences in infants and toddlers
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meaghan
- 1703-1711 The multidimensional relationship between early adult body weight and women’s childbearing experiences
by Frisco, Michelle L. & Weden, Margaret M. & Lippert, Adam M. & Burnett, Kristin D.
- 1712-1720 Women’s health, men’s health, and gender and health: Implications of intersectionality
by Hankivsky, Olena
- 1721-1728 The “new masculinity”: Addiction treatment as a reconstruction of gender in Puerto Rican evangelist street ministries
by Hansen, Helena
- 1729-1737 Sexuality and the limits of agency among South African teenage women: Theorising femininities and their connections to HIV risk practises
by Jewkes, R. & Morrell, R.
- 1738-1744 Hormones, context, and “Brain Gender”: A review of evidence from congenital adrenal hyperplasia
by Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1745-1753 The global reproductive health market: U.S. media framings and public discourses about transnational surrogacy
by Markens, Susan
- 1754-1764 Feeding her children, but risking her health: The intersection of gender, household food insecurity and obesity
by Martin, Molly A. & Lippert, Adam M.
- 1765-1773 The “knucklehead” approach and what matters in terms of health for formerly incarcerated Latino men
by Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Perry, Ashley & Bobet, Ilka & Bobet, Santos & Ramos, Hector & Quiñones, Francisco & Lloyd, Kaity
- 1774-1782 “They arrested me for loving a schoolgirl”: Ethnography, HIV, and a feminist assessment of the age of consent law as a gender-based structural intervention in Uganda
by Parikh, Shanti A.
- 1783-1790 Gender, health behavior, and intimate relationships: Lesbian, gay, and straight contexts
by Reczek, Corinne & Umberson, Debra
- 1791-1801 Triple jeopardy? Mental health at the intersection of gender, race, and class
by Rosenfield, Sarah
- 1802-1811 Who gains, who loses and how: Leveraging gender and class intersections to secure health entitlements
by Sen, Gita & Iyer, Aditi
- 1812-1816 Towards the inclusion of gender and sex in health research and funding: An institutional perspective
by Sharman, Zena & Johnson, Joy
- 1817-1824 Beyond a catalogue of differences: A theoretical frame and good practice guidelines for researching sex/gender in human health
by Springer, Kristen W. & Mager Stellman, Jeanne & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1825-1832 Intersectionality and gender mainstreaming in international health: Using a feminist participatory action research process to analyse voices and debates from the global south and north
by Tolhurst, Rachel & Leach, Beryl & Price, Janet & Robinson, Jude & Ettore, Elizabeth & Scott-Samuel, Alex & Kilonzo, Nduku & Sabuni, Louis P. & Robertson, Steve & Kapilashrami, Anuj & Bristow, Katie & Lang, Raymond & Romao, Francelina & Theobald, Sally
- 1833-1841 Mississippi front-line recovery work after Hurricane Katrina: An analysis of the intersections of gender, race, and class in advocacy, power relations, and health
by Weber, Lynn & Hilfinger Messias, DeAnne K.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 10
- 1477-1485 Limits to evidence-based health policymaking: Policy hurdles to structural HIV prevention in Tanzania
by Hunsmann, Moritz
- 1486-1493 ‘Worse than HIV’ or ‘not as serious as other diseases’? Conceptualization of cervical cancer among newly screened women in Zambia
by White, Heather L. & Mulambia, Chishimba & Sinkala, Moses & Mwanahamuntu, Mulindi H. & Parham, Groesbeck P. & Moneyham, Linda & Grimley, Diane M. & Chamot, Eric
- 1494-1503 Psychosocial support intervention for HIV-affected families in Haiti: Implications for programs and policies for orphans and vulnerable children
by Smith Fawzi, Mary C. & Eustache, Eddy & Oswald, Catherine & Louis, Ermaze & Surkan, Pamela J. & Scanlan, Fiona & Hook, Sarah & Mancuso, Anna & Mukherjee, Joia S.
- 1504-1511 Interrelatedness of child health, protection and well-being: An application of the SAFE model in Rwanda
by Betancourt, Theresa S. & Williams, Timothy P. & Kellner, Sarah E. & Gebre-Medhin, Joy & Hann, Katrina & Kayiteshonga, Yvonne
- 1512-1519 HIV and tuberculosis: The construction and management of double stigma
by Daftary, Amrita
- 1520-1527 Attitudes and beliefs related to HIV/AIDS in urban religious congregations: Barriers and opportunities for HIV-related interventions
by Bluthenthal, Ricky N. & Palar, Kartika & Mendel, Peter & Kanouse, David E. & Corbin, Dennis E. & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin
- 1528-1535 ‘As a clinician, you are not managing lab results, you are managing the patient’: How the enactment of malaria at health facilities in Cameroon compares with new WHO guidelines for the use of malaria tests
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Mangham, Lindsay & Njei, Abanda Ngu & Achonduh, Olivia & Mbacham, Wilfred F. & Wiseman, Virginia
- 1536-1543 The decision-making process of genetically at-risk couples considering preimplantation genetic diagnosis: Initial findings from a grounded theory study
by Hershberger, Patricia E. & Gallo, Agatha M. & Kavanaugh, Karen & Olshansky, Ellen & Schwartz, Alan & Tur-Kaspa, Ilan
- 1544-1551 Picturing obesity: Analyzing the social epidemiology of obesity conveyed through US news media images
by Gollust, Sarah E. & Eboh, Ijeoma & Barry, Colleen L.
- 1552-1559 ‘A real man smells of tobacco smoke’—Chinese youth's interpretation of smoking imagery in film
by Davey, Gareth & Zhao, Xiang
- 1560-1569 Trauma and suicide behaviour histories among a Canadian indigenous population: An empirical exploration of the potential role of Canada's residential school system
by Elias, Brenda & Mignone, Javier & Hall, Madelyn & Hong, Say P. & Hart, Lyna & Sareen, Jitender
- 1570-1577 Quality or quantity? Exploring the relationship between Public Open Space attributes and mental health in Perth, Western Australia
by Francis, Jacinta & Wood, Lisa J. & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 1578-1583 Socioeconomic position and physical activity among women in Melbourne, Australia: Does the use of different socioeconomic indicators matter?
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1584-1590 Social disorder, APOE-E4 genotype, and change in cognitive function among older adults living in Chicago
by Boardman, Jason D. & Barnes, Lisa L. & Wilson, Robert S. & Evans, Denis A. & de Leon, Carlos F. Mendes
- 1591-1601 A study of environmental influences on the well-being of individuals with psychiatric disabilities in Philadelphia, PA
by Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S.
- 1602-1609 OxyContin® as currency: OxyContin® use and increased social capital among rural Appalachian drug users
by Jonas, Adam B. & Young, April M. & Oser, Carrie B. & Leukefeld, Carl G. & Havens, Jennifer R.
- 1610-1621 Revisiting the immigrant paradox in reproductive health: The roles of duration of residence and ethnicity
by Urquia, Marcelo L. & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Heaman, Maureen I.
- 1622-1629 Health across early childhood and socioeconomic status: Examining the moderating effects of differential parenting
by Browne, Dillon T. & Jenkins, Jennifer M.
- 1630-1638 Socioeconomic disadvantage in adolescent women and metabolic syndrome in mid-adulthood: An examination of pathways of embodiment in the Northern Swedish Cohort
by Gustafsson, Per E. & Hammarström, Anne
- 1639-1643 Trust, self-rated health and mortality: A longitudinal study among ageing people in Southern Finland
by Nummela, Olli & Raivio, Risto & Uutela, Antti
- 1644-1651 The effect of differential eligibility for free GP services on GP utilisation in Ireland
by Nolan, Anne & Smith, Samantha
- 1652-1659 Residents' perceptions of effective community representation in local health decision-making
by Chung, Phillip & Grogan, Colleen M. & Mosley, Jennifer E.