Social Science & Medicine
2013, Volume 76, Issue C
- 159-168 Including quality attributes in efficiency measures consistent with net benefit: Creating incentives for evidence based medicine in practice
by Eckermann, Simon & Coelli, Tim
- 169-178 Health and well-being of movers in rural and urban areas – A grid-based analysis of northern Finland birth cohort 1966
by Lankila, Tiina & Näyhä, Simo & Rautio, Arja & Koiranen, Markku & Rusanen, Jarmo & Taanila, Anja
- 179-187 Disparities in work, risk and health between immigrants and native-born Spaniards
by Solé, Meritxell & Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Rodríguez, Marisol
- 188-196 The re-construction of women's sexual lives after pelvic radiotherapy: A critique of social constructionist and biomedical perspectives on the study of female sexuality after cancer treatment
by White, I.D. & Faithfull, S. & Allan, H.
- 197-207 International migration to Canada: The post-birth health of mothers and infants by immigration class
by Gagnon, Anita J. & Dougherty, Geoffrey & Wahoush, Olive & Saucier, Jean-François & Dennis, Cindy-Lee & Stanger, Elizabeth & Palmer, Becky & Merry, Lisa & Stewart, Donna E.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 12
- 2060-2068 Integrating social epidemiology into immigrant health research: A cross-national framework
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Almeida, Joanna
- 2069-2075 Substance use, generation and time in the United States: The modifying role of gender for immigrant urban adolescents
by Almeida, Joanna & Johnson, Renee M. & Matsumoto, Atsushi & Godette, Dionne C.
- 2076-2084 Immigrant status and cognitive functioning in late-life: An examination of gender variations in the healthy immigrant effect
by Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Jacqueline L. & Balistreri, Kelly S. & Herrera, Angelica P.
- 2085-2098 Does an immigrant health paradox exist among Asian Americans? Associations of nativity and occupational class with self-rated health and mental disorders
by John, Dolly A. & de Castro, A.B. & Martin, Diane P. & Duran, Bonnie & Takeuchi, David T.
- 2099-2106 More than culture: Structural racism, intersectionality theory, and immigrant health
by Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Miranda, Patricia Y. & Abdulrahim, Sawsan
- 2107-2115 Ethnic density effects on health and experienced racism among Caribbean people in the US and England: A cross-national comparison
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Jackson, James & Heuvelman, Hein
- 2116-2123 Discrimination and psychological distress: Does Whiteness matter for Arab Americans?
by Abdulrahim, Sawsan & James, Sherman A. & Yamout, Rouham & Baker, Wayne
- 2134-2142 Sociocultural influences on mental health service use by Latino older adults for emotional distress: Exploring the mediating and moderating role of informal social support
by Hansen, Marissa C. & Aranda, María P.
- 2143-2150 Vaccine innovation, translational research and the management of knowledge accumulation
by Yaqub, Ohid & Nightingale, Paul
- 2151-2159 Experience of place for young adults under 65 years with complex disabilities moving into purpose-built residential care
by Muenchberger, Heidi & Ehrlich, Carolyn & Kendall, Elizabeth & Vit, Marina
- 2160-2169 Understanding wealth-based inequalities in child health in India: A decomposition approach
by Chalasani, Satvika
- 2170-2182 Rising U.S. income inequality and the changing gradient of socioeconomic status on physical functioning and activity limitations, 1984–2007
by Zheng, Hui & George, Linda K.
- 2183-2190 Mobility for care workers: Job changes and wages for nurse aides
by Ribas, Vanesa & Dill, Janette S. & Cohen, Philip N.
- 2191-2199 What counts and how to count it: Physicians’ constructions of evidence in a disinvestment context
by Hodgetts, Katherine & Elshaug, Adam G. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 2200-2206 Putting your money where your mouth is: Parents' valuation of good oral health of their children
by Vermaire, J.H. & van Exel, N.J.A. & van Loveren, C. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 2207-2214 Inter-professional electronic documents and child health: A study of persisting non-electronic communication in the use of electronic documents
by Saario, Sirpa & Hall, Christopher & Peckover, Sue
- 2215-2224 Housing instability and health: Findings from the Michigan recession and recovery study
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Seefeldt, Kristin S. & Zelner, Sarah
- 2225-2232 Embedded gender and social changes underpinning inequalities in health: An ethnographic insight into a local Spanish context
by García-Calvente, Mar & Marcos-Marcos, Jorge & del Río-Lozano, María & Hidalgo-Ruzzante, Natalia & Maroto-Navarro, Gracia
- 2233-2241 Social networks – The future for health care delivery
by Griffiths, Frances & Cave, Jonathan & Boardman, Felicity & Ren, Justin & Pawlikowska, Teresa & Ball, Robin & Clarke, Aileen & Cohen, Alan
- 2242-2249 Associations between friends' disordered eating and muscle-enhancing behaviors
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wall, Melanie & Shim, Jin Joo & Bruening, Meg & Loth, Katie & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 2250-2257 The impact of migratory separation from parents on the health of adolescents in the Philippines
by Smeekens, Chantal & Stroebe, Margaret S. & Abakoumkin, Georgios
- 2258-2266 Aggravating conditions: Cynical hostility and neighborhood ambient stressors
by King, Katherine
- 2267-2274 The relationship between mortality and time since divorce, widowhood or remarriage in Norway
by Berntsen, Kjersti Norgård & Kravdal, Øystein
- 2275-2282 Bodies of risk: Constructing motherhood in a Mexican public hospital
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 2283-2290 Indifferent to disease: A qualitative investigation of the reasons why some Papua New Guineans who own mosquito nets choose not to use them
by Pulford, Justin & Oakiva, Tania & Angwin, Angeline & Bryant, Miranda & Mueller, Ivo & Hetzel, Manuel W.
- 2291-2298 Leveraging health capital at the workplace: An examination of health reporting behavior among Latino immigrant restaurant workers in the United States
by Gleeson, Shannon
- 2299-2306 Realist randomised controlled trials: A new approach to evaluating complex public health interventions
by Bonell, Chris & Fletcher, Adam & Morton, Matthew & Lorenc, Theo & Moore, Laurence
- 2307-2316 Neighborhood characteristics and depressive symptoms of older people: Local spatial analyses
by Cromley, Ellen K. & Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel A.
- 2317-2325 Neighborhood poverty, park use, and park-based physical activity in a Southern California city
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Han, Bing & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Williamson, Stephanie & Marsh, Terry & Rudick, Jodi & McKenzie, Thomas L.
- 2326-2336 Intragenerational mobility and mortality in Russia: Short and longer-term effects
by Billingsley, Sunnee
- 2337-2344 A network approach for researching political feasibility of healthcare reform: The case of universal healthcare system in Taiwan
by Wang, Guang-Xu
- 2345-2352 Altruism and participation in longitudinal health research? Insights from the Whitehall II Study
by Mein, Gill & Seale, Clive & Rice, Helen & Johal, Suneeta & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Ellison, George & Tinker, Anthea
- 2353-2361 The debate about the funding of Herceptin: A case study of ‘countervailing powers’
by Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Norris, Pauline & Dew, Kevin & Madden, Helen & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 2362-2369 The classification and nomenclature of ‘medically unexplained symptoms’: Conflict, performativity and critique
by Greco, Monica
- 2370-2377 Health financing in fragile and post-conflict states: What do we know and what are the gaps?
by Witter, Sophie
- 2378-2385 Benefit or burden? A sociotechnical analysis of diagnostic computer kiosks in four California hospital emergency departments
by Ackerman, Sara L. & Tebb, Kathleen & Stein, John C. & Frazee, Bradley W. & Hendey, Gregory W. & Schmidt, Laura A. & Gonzales, Ralph
- 2386-2393 Priority-setting and rationing in healthcare: Evidence from the English experience
by Robinson, Suzanne & Williams, Iestyn & Dickinson, Helen & Freeman, Tim & Rumbold, Benedict
- 2394-2402 Inpatient care of the elderly in Brazil and India: Assessing social inequalities
by Channon, Andrew Amos & Andrade, Monica Viegas & Noronha, Kenya & Leone, Tiziana & Dilip, T.R.
- 2403-2411 Couples’ reports of household decision-making and the utilization of maternal health services in Bangladesh
by Story, William T. & Burgard, Sarah A.
- 2412-2419 Rapidly rising food prices and the experience of food insecurity in urban Ethiopia: Impacts on health and well-being
by Hadley, Craig & Stevenson, Edward Geoffrey Jedediah & Tadesse, Yemesrach & Belachew, Tefera
- 2420-2424 Urban Aboriginal mobility in Canada: Examining the association with health care utilization
by Snyder, Marcie & Wilson, Kathi
- 2425-2430 The duty to care in an influenza pandemic: A qualitative study of Canadian public perspectives
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Smith, Maxwell J. & Pisartchik, Dmitri & Sahni, Sachin & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2431-2436 Delayed and differential effects of the economic crisis in Sweden in the 1990s on health-related exclusion from the labour market: A health equity assessment
by Burström, B. & Nylén, L. & Barr, B. & Clayton, S. & Holland, P. & Whitehead, M.
- 2437-2445 Marginalized identities, discrimination burden, and mental health: Empirical exploration of an interpersonal-level approach to modeling intersectionality
by Seng, Julia S. & Lopez, William D. & Sperlich, Mickey & Hamama, Lydia & Reed Meldrum, Caroline D.
- 2446-2454 Birth weight, infant mortality, and race: Twin comparisons and genetic/environmental inputs
by Conley, Dalton & Strully, Kate W.
- 2455-2462 Capitals diminished, denied, mustered and deployed. A qualitative longitudinal study of women's four year trajectories after acute health crisis, Burkina Faso
by Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 2463-2471 Affordability as a discursive accomplishment in a changing National Health Service
by Russell, Jill & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 2472-2480 Contextual effect of different components of social capital on health in a suburban city of the greater Tokyo area: A multilevel analysis
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Wakui, Tomoko & Arami, Reiko & Sugawara, Ikuko & Yoshie, Satoru
- 2481-2492 An exploratory multilevel analysis of income, income inequality and self-rated health of the elderly in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Wang, Wenfei Winnie & Jones, Kelvyn & Li, Yaqing
- 2493-2502 Infant and fetal mortality among a high fertility and mortality population in the Bolivian Amazon
by Gurven, Michael
- 2503-2508 Household-based cash transfer targeting strategies in Zimbabwe: Are we reaching the most vulnerable children?
by Robertson, Laura & Mushati, Phyllis & Eaton, Jeffrey W. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makoni, Jeremiah C. & Skovdal, Morten & Crea, Tom & Mavise, Gideon & Dumba, Lovemore & Schumacher, Christina & Munyati, Shungu & Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2509-2514 “Pay them if it works”: Discrete choice experiments on the acceptability of financial incentives to change health related behaviour
by Promberger, Marianne & Dolan, Paul & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 2515-2521 Provider incentives and access to dental care: Evaluating NHS reforms in England
by Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 2522-2529 Stress and diabetes in socioeconomic context: A qualitative study of urban Indians
by Mendenhall, Emily & Shivashankar, Roopa & Tandon, Nikhil & Ali, Mohammed K. & Venkat Narayan, K.M. & Prabhakaran, Dorairaj
- 2530-2538 Labor migration and child mortality in Mozambique
by Yabiku, Scott T. & Agadjanian, Victor & Cau, Boaventura
2012, Volume 75, Issue 11
- 1925-1932 Moving beyond walkability: On the potential of health geography
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Hall, Edward & Evans, Bethan & Colls, Rachel
- 1933-1937 Changing health care quality paradigms: The rise of clinical guidelines and quality measures in American medicine
by Nigam, Amit
- 1938-1945 Deliberative dialogues as a mechanism for knowledge translation and exchange in health systems decision-making
by Boyko, Jennifer A. & Lavis, John N. & Abelson, Julia & Dobbins, Maureen & Carter, Nancy
- 1946-1953 The politics of action research: “If you don't like the way things are going, get off the bus”
by Nugus, Peter & Greenfield, David & Travaglia, Joanne & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1954-1963 Geographic distribution of healthcare resources, healthcare service provision, and patient flow in Japan: A cross sectional study
by Shinjo, Daisuke & Aramaki, Toshiharu
- 1964-1973 When you can’t have the cake and eat it too
by Carlsen, Benedicte & Hole, Arne Risa & Kolstad, Julie Riise & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1974-1980 Stock or stroke? Stock market movement and stroke incidence in Taiwan
by Chen, Chun-Chih & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Lin, Ying-Tzu
- 1981-1988 Productivity cost calculations in health economic evaluations: Correcting for compensation mechanisms and multiplier effects
by Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Severens, Johan L. & Kaper, Janneke & Evers, Silvia M.A.A.
- 1989-1998 Childhood obesity and human capital accumulation
by Palermo, Tia M. & Dowd, Jennifer B.
- 1999-2006 Understanding recovery: Changes in the relationships of the International Classification of Functioning (ICF) components over time
by Davis, A.M. & Perruccio, A.V. & Ibrahim, S. & Hogg-Johnson, S. & Wong, R. & Badley, E.M.
- 2007-2012 Glitch in the gradient: Additional education does not uniformly equal better health
by Zajacova, Anna & Rogers, Richard G. & Johnson-Lawrence, Vicki
- 2013-2020 The influence of stress and social support on depressive symptoms in mothers with young children
by Manuel, Jennifer I. & Martinson, Melissa L. & Bledsoe-Mansori, Sarah E. & Bellamy, Jennifer L.
- 2021-2027 Training traditional birth attendants to use misoprostol and an absorbent delivery mat in home births
by Prata, Ndola & Quaiyum, Md. Abdul & Passano, Paige & Bell, Suzanne & Bohl, Daniel D. & Hossain, Shahed & Azmi, Ashrafi Jahan & Begum, Mohsina
- 2028-2036 Conceptualising the prevention of adverse obstetric outcomes among immigrants using the ‘three delays’ framework in a high-income context
by Binder, Pauline & Johnsdotter, Sara & Essén, Birgitta
- 2037-2046 Explaining suicide: Identifying common themes and diverse perspectives in an urban Mumbai slum
by Parkar, Shubhangi R. & Nagarsekar, Balkrishna B. & Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 2047-2054 The case for addressing explosive weapons: Conflict, violence and health
by Rappert, Brian & Moyes, Richard & Lang, Iain
2012, Volume 75, Issue 10
- 1721-1728 Personalizing medicine: Futures present and past
by Tutton, Richard
- 1729-1736 From bodies to lives, complainers to consumers: Measuring menstrual excess
by Hasson, Katie Ann
- 1737-1745 Liquid gold from the milk bar: Constructions of breastmilk and breastfeeding women in the language and practices of midwives
by Burns, E. & Schmied, V. & Fenwick, J. & Sheehan, A.
- 1746-1752 Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer
by Solbjør, Marit & Skolbekken, John-Arne & Sætnan, Ann Rudinow & Hagen, Anne Irene & Forsmo, Siri
- 1753-1761 Resistance, agency, and liminality in women's accounts of symptom appraisal and help-seeking upon discovery of a breast irregularity
by Granek, Leeat & Fergus, Karen
- 1762-1768 Repressive authenticity in the quest for legitimacy: Surveillance and the contested illness lawsuit
by Phillips, Tarryn
- 1769-1777 “Community ambassadors” for South Asian elder immigrants: Late-life acculturation and the roles of community health workers
by Blair, Thomas R.W.
- 1778-1785 Paying for performance and the social relations of health care provision: An anthropological perspective
by Magrath, Priscilla & Nichter, Mark
- 1786-1792 Hidden costs: The direct and indirect impact of user fees on access to malaria treatment and primary care in Mali
by Johnson, Ari & Goss, Adeline & Beckerman, Jessica & Castro, Arachu
- 1793-1799 The social dimensions of safety incident reporting in maternity care: The influence of working relationships and group processes
by Lindsay, Patricia & Sandall, Jane & Humphrey, Charlotte
- 1800-1810 Revenue, relationships and routines: The social organization of acute myocardial infarction patient transfers in the United States
by Veinot, Tiffany C. & Bosk, Emily A. & Unnikrishnan, K.P. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 1811-1819 Canadian family physicians’ decision to collaborate: Age, period and cohort effects
by Sarma, Sisira & Devlin, Rose Anne & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
- 1820-1827 Financial protection mechanisms for inpatients at selected Philippine hospitals
by Caballes, Alvin B. & Söllner, Walter & Nañagas, Juan
- 1828-1835 How does searching for health information on the Internet affect individuals' demand for health care services?
by Suziedelyte, Agne
- 1836-1843 A universal preference for equality in health? Reasons to reconsider properties of applied social welfare functions
by Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1844-1854 The impact of drinking on psychological well-being: Evidence from minimum drinking age laws in the United States
by Ertan Yörük, Ceren & Yörük, Barış K.
- 1855-1863 Motorcycle fatalities among out-of-state riders and the role of universal helmet laws
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin & Homer, Jenny F.
- 1864-1873 The impact of pensions on health and wellbeing in rural South Africa: Does gender matter?
by Schatz, Enid & Gómez-Olivé, Xavier & Ralston, Margaret & Menken, Jane & Tollman, Stephen
- 1874-1882 Psychological well-being of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest old in China: The role of children
by Liu, Guangya & Dupre, Matthew E. & Gu, Danan & Mair, Christine A. & Chen, Feinian
- 1883-1890 Familial risk of premature cardiovascular mortality and the impact of intergenerational occupational class mobility
by Tiikkaja, Sanna & Olsson, Marita & Malki, Ninoa & Modin, Bitte & Sparén, Pär
- 1891-1894 Inequality and the association between involuntary job loss and depressive symptoms
by Berchick, Edward R. & Gallo, William T. & Maralani, Vida & Kasl, Stanislav V.
- 1895-1902 Neighborhood social capital and crime victimization: Comparison of spatial regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis
by Takagi, Daisuke & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1903-1911 A theory of how rural health services contribute to community sustainability
by Farmer, Jane & Prior, Maria & Taylor, Judy
- 1912-1920 How families of children with complex care needs participate in everyday life
by Woodgate, Roberta Lynn & Edwards, Marie & Ripat, Jacquie
2012, Volume 75, Issue 9
- 1555-1561 HIV and chemoprophylaxis, the importance of considering social structures alongside biomedical and behavioral intervention
by Roberts, Eric T. & Matthews, Derrick D.
- 1572-1580 The logical underpinnings and benefits of pooled pharmaceutical procurement: A pragmatic role for our public institutions?
by Huff-Rousselle, Maggie
- 1581-1588 The migration decisions of physicians in Canada: The roles of immigrant status and spousal characteristics
by McDonald, James Ted & Worswick, Christopher
- 1589-1594 Do workers underreport morbidity? The accuracy of self-reports of chronic conditions
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Jürges, Hendrik
- 1595-1603 Allocation of authority in European health policy
by Adolph, Christopher & Greer, Scott L. & Massard da Fonseca, Elize
- 1604-1611 Involving citizens in the ethics of biobank research: Informing institutional policy through structured public deliberation
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Burgess, Michael M.
- 1612-1616 Impact of gender-based career obstacles on the working status of women physicians in Japan
by Nomura, Kyoko & Gohchi, Kengo
- 1617-1624 A social learning perspective on the development of doctors in the UK National Health Service
by Spilg, Edward & Siebert, Sabina & Martin, Graeme
- 1625-1632 Remaking surgical socialization: Work hour restrictions, rites of passage, and occupational identity
by Veazey Brooks, Joanna & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1633-1641 The chromosome 22q11.2 deletion: From the unification of biomedical fields to a new kind of genetic condition
by Navon, Daniel & Shwed, Uri
- 1642-1649 Diagnosis as a social determinant: The development of prosocial behaviour before and after an autism spectrum diagnosis
by Russell, Ginny & Kelly, Susan E. & Ford, Tamsin & Steer, Colin
- 1650-1659 When patients portray their conduct as normal and healthy: An interactional challenge for thorough substance use history taking
by Denvir, Paul M.
- 1660-1672 The mental health gender-gap in urban India: Patterns and narratives
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Ranendra Kumar & Das, Veena
- 1673-1684 Heavy agricultural workloads and low crop diversity are strong barriers to improving child feeding practices in the Bolivian Andes
by Jones, Andrew D. & Cruz Agudo, Yesmina & Galway, Lindsay & Bentley, Jeffery & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 1685-1691 Condoms “contain worms” and “cause HIV” in Tanzania: Negative Condom Beliefs Scale development and implications for HIV prevention
by Siegler, Aaron J. & Mbwambo, Jessie K. & McCarty, Frances A. & DiClemente, Ralph J.
- 1692-1696 The importance of full-time work for urban adults' mental and physical health
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Carroll-Scott, Amy & Earnshaw, Valerie A. & Santilli, Alycia & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 1697-1707 The contribution of stress to the social patterning of clinical and subclinical CVD risk factors in African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study
by Gebreab, Samson Y. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Boykin, Shawn & Sims, Mario & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Taylor, Herman A. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1708-1714 Post-disaster psychosocial services across Europe: The TENTS project
by Witteveen, Anke B. & Bisson, Jonathan I. & Ajdukovic, Dean & Arnberg, Filip K. & Bergh Johannesson, Kerstin & Bolding, Hendrieke B. & Elklit, Ask & Jehel, Louis & Johansen, Venke A. & Lis-Turlejska, Maja & Nordanger, Dag O. & Orengo-García, Francisco & Polak, A. Rosaura & Punamaki, Raija-Leena & Schnyder, Ulrich & Wittmann, Lutz & Olff, Miranda
- 1715-1720 The mechanisms that associate community social capital with post-disaster mental health: A multilevel model
by Wind, Tim R. & Komproe, Ivan H.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 8
- 1329-1341 In sickness and in health: Same-sex marriage laws and sexually transmitted infections
by Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M. & Peng, Handie
- 1342-1350 The role of defamilialization in the relationship between partnership and self-rated health: A cross-national comparison of Canada and the United States
by Clouston, Sean A.P. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 1351-1361 Maximising health versus sharing: Measuring preferences for the allocation of the health budget
by Richardson, Jeff & Sinha, Kompal & Iezzi, Angelo & Maxwell, Aimee
- 1362-1371 Behavioral adjustment to avian flu in Europe during spring 2006: The roles of knowledge and proximity to risk
by Rudisill, Caroline & Costa-Font, Joan & Mossialos, Elias
- 1372-1378 Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986–2007
by Watanabe, Ryo & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1379-1386 Smoking among construction workers: The nonlinear influence of the economy, cigarette prices, and antismoking sentiment
by Okechukwu, Cassandra & Bacic, Janine & Cheng, Kai-Wen & Catalano, Ralph
- 1387-1391 ‘Responsible drinking’ programs and the alcohol industry in Brazil: Killing two birds with one stone?
by Pantani, Daniela & Sparks, Robert & M. Sanchez, Zila & Pinsky, Ilana
- 1392-1399 Women's health in urban Mali: Social predictors and health itineraries
by Bove, Riley M. & Vala-Haynes, Emily & Valeggia, Claudia R.
- 1400-1407 Investigating the potential for ethnic group harm in collaborative genomics research in Africa: Is ethnic stigmatisation likely?
by de Vries, Jantina & Jallow, Muminatou & Williams, Thomas N. & Kwiatkowski, Dominic & Parker, Michael & Fitzpatrick, Raymond
- 1408-1416 “Not all my fault”: Genetics, stigma, and personal responsibility for women with eating disorders
by Easter, Michele M.
- 1417-1425 Gender-based violence and HIV sexual risk behavior: Alcohol use and mental health problems as mediators among women in drinking venues, Cape Town
by Pitpitan, Eileen V. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Eaton, Lisa A. & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Watt, Melissa H. & Skinner, Donald
- 1426-1432 Living on the margin: Understanding the experience of living and dying with frailty in old age
by Nicholson, C. & Meyer, J. & Flatley, M. & Holman, C. & Lowton, K.
- 1433-1440 Science, politics, and health in the brave new world of pharmaceutical carcinogenic risk assessment: Technical progress or cycle of regulatory capture?
by Abraham, John & Ballinger, Rachel
- 1441-1449 Static, dynamic, integrated, and contextualized: A framework for understanding mental health service utilization among young adults
by Munson, Michelle R. & Jaccard, James & Smalling, Susan E. & Kim, Hyunsoo & Werner, James J. & Scott, Lionel D.
- 1450-1459 Does socio-economic status explain use of modern and traditional health care services?
by Sato, Azusa
- 1460-1468 Spatial analysis of suicide mortality in Australia: Investigation of metropolitan-rural-remote differentials of suicide risk across states/territories
by Cheung, Yee Tak Derek & Spittal, Matthew J. & Pirkis, Jane & Yip, Paul Siu Fai
- 1469-1476 Association of neighbourhood residence and preferences with the built environment, work-related travel behaviours, and health implications for employed adults: Findings from the URBAN study
by Badland, Hannah M. & Oliver, Melody & Kearns, Robin A. & Mavoa, Suzanne & Witten, Karen & Duncan, Mitch J. & Batty, G. David
- 1477-1487 Bringing the individual back to small-area variation studies: A multilevel analysis of all-cause mortality in Andalusia, Spain
by Merlo, Juan & Viciana-Fernández, Francisco J. & Ramiro-Fariñas, Diego
- 1488-1496 Associations among social capital, parenting for active lifestyles, and youth physical activity in rural families living in upstate New York
by Davison, Kirsten K. & Nishi, Akihiro & Kranz, Sibylle & Wyckoff, Lynae & May, John J. & Earle-Richardson, Giulia B. & Strogatz, David S. & Jenkins, Paul L.
- 1497-1504 Early life socioeconomic conditions in rural areas and old-age mortality in twentieth-century Quebec
by Gagnon, Alain & Bohnert, Nora
- 1505-1513 Geographic variation in participation for physically disabled adults: The contribution of area economic factors to employment after spinal cord injury
by Botticello, Amanda L. & Chen, Yuying & Tulsky, David S.
- 1514-1522 Measuring change in health care equity using small-area administrative data – Evidence from the English NHS 2001–2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro & Donni, Paolo Li
- 1523-1530 Early childhood economic disadvantage and the health of Hispanic children
by Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 1531-1538 The impact of childhood sickness on adult socioeconomic outcomes: Evidence from late 19th century America
by Warren, John Robert & Knies, Laurie & Haas, Steven & Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 1539-1546 The inconsistent mediating effects of psychosocial work characteristics on the education–health relationship
by Qiu, Hanyao & Bures, Regina & Shehan, Constance L.
- 1547-1554 The role of personal characteristics in the relationship between health and psychological distress among kidney transplant recipients
by Schulz, Torben & Niesing, Jan & Stewart, Roy E. & Westerhuis, Ralf & Hagedoorn, Mariet & Ploeg, Rutger J. & Homan van der Heide, Jaap J. & Ranchor, Adelita V.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 7
- 1143-1155 Community-level correlates of intimate partner violence against women globally: A systematic review
by VanderEnde, Kristin E. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Dynes, Michelle M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1156-1162 Social welfare and the Affordable Care Act: Is it ever optimal to set aside comparative cost?
by Mortimer, Duncan & Peacock, Stuart
- 1163-1174 Psychosocial work stressors as antecedents of musculoskeletal problems: A systematic review and meta-analysis of stability-adjusted longitudinal studies
by Lang, Jessica & Ochsmann, Elke & Kraus, Thomas & Lang, Jonas W.B.
- 1175-1183 Is there evidence that friends influence body weight? A systematic review of empirical research
by Cunningham, Solveig A. & Vaquera, Elizabeth & Maturo, Claire C. & Venkat Narayan, K.M.
- 1184-1191 Social networks and risk for depressive symptoms in a national sample of sexual minority youth
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & McLaughlin, Katie A. & Xuan, Ziming
- 1192-1201 Candidate change agent identification among men at risk for HIV infection
by Schneider, John A. & McFadden, Rachel B. & Laumann, Edward O. & Prem Kumar, S.G. & Gandham, Sabitha R. & Oruganti, Ganesh
- 1202-1212 Patient–physician relationships in second opinion encounters – The physicians’ perspective
by Greenfield, Geva & Pliskin, Joseph S. & Feder-Bubis, Paula & Wientroub, Shlomo & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 1213-1221 Towards comprehensive malaria planning: The effect of government capacity, health policy, and land use variables on malaria incidence in India
by Boussalis, Constantine & Nelson, Hal T. & Swaminathan, Siddharth
- 1222-1229 Using documents to investigate links between implementation and sustainability in a complex community intervention: The PRISM study
by Willis, Karen & Small, Rhonda & Brown, Stephanie
- 1230-1235 How to identify science being bent: The tobacco industry's fight to deny second-hand smoking health hazards as an example
by Rochel de Camargo, Kenneth
- 1236-1243 A will to youth: The woman’s anti-aging elixir
by Smirnova, Michelle Hannah
- 1244-1253 Out of our inner city backyards: Re-scaling urban environmental health inequity assessment
by Masuda, Jeffrey R. & Teelucksingh, Cheryl & Zupancic, Tara & Crabtree, Alexis & Haber, Rebecca & Skinner, Emily & Poland, Blake & Frankish, Jim & Fridell, Mara
- 1254-1262 The relationship between diet and perceived and objective access to supermarkets among low-income housing residents
by Caspi, Caitlin E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Adamkiewicz, Gary & Sorensen, Glorian
- 1263-1270 African-American/white differences in the age of menarche: Accounting for the difference
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Fang, Muriel Z. & Gardner, William P. & Pajer, Kathleen
- 1271-1279 Neighborhood stressors and cardiovascular health: Crime and C-reactive protein in Dallas, USA
by Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Iveniuk, James
- 1280-1287 The changing gender differences in life expectancy in Korea 1970–2005
by Yang, Seungmi & Khang, Young-Ho & Chun, Heeran & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John
- 1288-1295 Social capital and health of older Europeans: Causal pathways and health inequalities
by Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry
- 1296-1302 Intergenerational financial transfers and health in a national sample from France
by Scodellaro, Claire & Khlat, Myriam & Jusot, Florence
- 1303-1310 Household economic resources, labour-market advantage and health problems – A study on causal relationships using prospective register data
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1311-1320 A life course model of self-rated health through adolescence and young adulthood
by Bauldry, Shawn & Shanahan, Michael J. & Boardman, Jason D. & Miech, Richard A. & Macmillan, Ross
- 1321-1328 High school students’ posttraumatic symptoms, substance abuse and involvement in violence in the aftermath of war
by Schiff, Miriam & Pat-Horenczyk, Ruth & Benbenishty, Rami & Brom, Danny & Baum, Naomi & Astor, Ron Avi
2012, Volume 75, Issue 6
- 955-958 Race, ethnicity and health: The costs and benefits of conceptualising racism and ethnicity
by Bradby, Hannah
- 959-975 Intimate partner violence against adult women and its association with major depressive disorder, depressive symptoms and postpartum depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Beydoun, May A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Lo, Bruce & Zonderman, Alan B.
- 976-985 What do we know about the experience of age related macular degeneration? A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Bennion, Amy E. & Shaw, Rachel L. & Gibson, Jonathan M.
- 990-996 Population heterogeneity in the impact of body weight on mortality
by Zheng, Hui & Yang, Yang
- 997-1005 Disaggregating Canadian immigrant smoking behaviour by country of birth
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Neligan, David
- 1006-1014 Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian Americans
by Zhang, Wei & Hong, Seunghye & Takeuchi, David T. & Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 1015-1021 Geographically-based discrimination is a social determinant of mental health in a deprived or stigmatized area in Japan: A cross-sectional study
by Tabuchi, Takahiro & Fukuhara, Hiroyuki & Iso, Hiroyasu
- 1022-1031 The role of geographic scale in testing the income inequality hypothesis as an explanation of health disparities
by Chen, Zhuo & Gotway Crawford, Carol A.
- 1032-1037 Weighing the contributions of material and social area deprivation to preterm birth
by Auger, Nathalie & Park, Alison L. & Gamache, Philippe & Pampalon, Robert & Daniel, Mark
- 1038-1047 Neighborhood-level stressors, social support, and diurnal patterns of cortisol: The Chicago Community Adult Health Study
by Karb, Rebecca A. & Elliott, Michael R. & Dowd, Jennifer B. & Morenoff, Jeffrey D.
- 1048-1056 Food outlet availability, deprivation and obesity in a multi-ethnic sample of pregnant women in Bradford, UK
by Fraser, L.K. & Edwards, K.L. & Tominitz, M. & Clarke, G.P. & Hill, A.J.
- 1057-1066 Building patient-centeredness: Hospital design as an interpretive act
by Bromley, Elizabeth
- 1067-1077 Vulnerability of indigenous health to climate change: A case study of Uganda's Batwa Pygmies
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Dingle, Kathryn & Ford, James D. & Lee, Celine & Lwasa, Shuaib & Namanya, Didas B. & Henderson, Jim & Llanos, Alejandro & Carcamo, Cesar & Edge, Victoria
- 1078-1087 Enhancing adolescent self-efficacy and collective efficacy through public engagement around HIV/AIDS competence: A multilevel, cluster randomized-controlled trial
by Carlson, Mary & Brennan, Robert T. & Earls, Felton
- 1088-1096 Explanatory models of diabetes in the U.S. and Mexico: The patient–provider gap and cultural competence
by Weller, Susan C. & Baer, Roberta D. & Garcia de Alba Garcia, Javier & Salcedo Rocha, Ana L.
- 1097-1105 Cruel disease, cruel medicine: Self-treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with harmful chemical substances in Suriname
by Ramdas, Sahienshadebie
- 1106-1113 Experiences of fathering a baby admitted to neonatal intensive care: A critical gender analysis
by Deeney, Kathleen & Lohan, Maria & Spence, Dale & Parkes, Jackie
- 1114-1121 The promotion of unhealthy habits in gay, lesbian, and straight intimate partnerships
by Reczek, Corinne
- 1122-1127 Effects of contact with treatment users on mental illness stigma: Evidence from university roommate assignments
by Eisenberg, Daniel & Downs, Marilyn F. & Golberstein, Ezra
- 1128-1133 Associations of physical symptoms with perceived need for and use of mental health services among Latino and Asian Americans
by Bauer, Amy M. & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 1134-1141 From cottage industry to a dominant mode of primary care: Stages in the diffusion of a health care innovation (retail clinics)
by McKinlay, John B. & Marceau, Lisa D.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 5
- 775-783 Medicalization and pharmaceuticalization at the intersections: Looking backward, sideways and forward
by Bell, Susan E. & Figert, Anne E.
- 784-794 Formulation of work stress in 1960–2000: Analysis of scientific works from the perspective of historical sociology
by Väänänen, Ari & Anttila, Erkko & Turtiainen, Jussi & Varje, Pekka
- 795-800 Intra-organizational dynamics as drivers of entrepreneurship among physicians and managers in hospitals of western countries
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 801-806 Cost-effectiveness analysis of human resources policy interventions to address the shortage of nurses in rural South Africa
by Lagarde, Mylene & Blaauw, Duane & Cairns, John
- 807-814 The struggle to improve patient care in the face of professional boundaries
by Powell, Alison E. & Davies, Huw T.O.
- 815-822 Moving towards culturally competent health systems: Organizational and market factors
by Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Elliott, Marc N. & Pradhan, Rohit & Schiller, Cameron & Dreachslin, Janice & Hays, Ron D.
- 823-827 The rights of psychiatric patients in China: A survey of medical staff and consumers' attitudes toward patient participation in clinical trials
by Su, Liang & Huang, Jingjing & Mellor, David & Yang, Weimin & McCabe, Marita & Shen, Yifeng & Li, Huafang & Wang, Weichun & Xu, Yifeng
- 828-835 Listening to the rural health workers in Papua New Guinea – The social factors that influence their motivation to work
by Razee, Husna & Whittaker, Maxine & Jayasuriya, Rohan & Yap, Lorraine & Brentnall, Lee
- 836-844 On ethical locations: The good death in Thailand, where ethics sit in places
by Stonington, Scott D.
- 845-853 Cultural differences affecting euthanasia practice in Belgium: One law but different attitudes and practices in Flanders and Wallonia
by Cohen, Joachim & Van Wesemael, Yanna & Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Deliens, Luc
- 854-858 Minority status and health information search: A test of the social diversification hypothesis
by Mesch, Gustavo & Mano, Rita & Tsamir, Judith
- 859-863 Unmet needs among disabled elderly Malaysians
by Momtaz, Yadollah Abolfathi & Hamid, Tengku Aizan & Ibrahim, Rahimah
- 864-872 One more chemo or one too many? Defining the limits of treatment and innovation in medical oncology
by Baszanger, Isabelle