Social Science & Medicine
2011, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 383-390 Exercising choice: The economic determinants of physical activity behaviour of an employed population
by Brown, Heather & Roberts, Jennifer
- 391-398 Adolescents' expectations for the future predict health behaviors in early adulthood
by McDade, Thomas W. & Chyu, Laura & Duncan, Greg J. & Hoyt, Lindsay T. & Doane, Leah D. & Adam, Emma K.
- 399-409 Workaholism and well-being among Japanese dual-earner couples: A spillover-crossover perspective
by Shimazu, Akihito & Demerouti, Evangelia & Bakker, Arnold B. & Shimada, Kyoko & Kawakami, Norito
- 410-420 Environmental justice and health: A study of multiple environmental deprivation and geographical inequalities in health in New Zealand
by Pearce, Jamie R. & Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard J. & Shortt, Niamh K.
- 421-428 Healthier before they migrate, less healthy when they return? The health of returned migrants in Mexico
by Ullmann, S. Heidi & Goldman, Noreen & Massey, Douglas S.
- 429-435 Maternal education and adverse birth outcomes among immigrant women to the United States from Eastern Europe: A test of the healthy migrant hypothesis
by Janevic, T. & Savitz, D.A. & Janevic, M.
- 436-446 Household and community HIV/AIDS status and child malnutrition in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from the demographic and health surveys
by Magadi, Monica A.
- 447-455 Does maternal autonomy influence feeding practices and infant growth in rural India?
by Shroff, Monal R. & Griffiths, Paula L. & Suchindran, Chirayath & Nagalla, Balakrishna & Vazir, Shahnaz & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 456-466 Mental health interventions for children in adversity: Pilot-testing a research strategy for treatment selection in low-income settings
by Jordans, M.J.D. & Tol, W.A. & Komproe, I.H.
- 467-474 Human rights and universal access for men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs: A qualitative analysis of the 2010 UNGASS narrative country progress reports
by Persson, Asha & Ellard, Jeanne & Newman, Christy & Holt, Martin & de Wit, John
- 475-481 More than a dance: The production of sexual health risk in the exotic dance clubs in Baltimore, USA
by Sherman, Susan G. & Lilleston, Pamela & Reuben, Jacqueline
2011, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 185-192 The use of standard contracts in the English National Health Service: A case study analysis
by Petsoulas, Christina & Allen, Pauline & Hughes, David & Vincent-Jones, Peter & Roberts, Jennifer
- 193-200 Resisting market-inspired reform in healthcare: The role of professional subcultures in medicine
by Martinussen, Pål Erling & Magnussen, Jon
- 201-208 Empowerment in drug treatment: Dilemmas in implementing policy in welfareÂ institutions
by Frank, Vibeke Asmussen & Bjerge, Bagga
- 209-216 Stock options, tax credits or employment contracts please! The value of deliberative public disagreement about human tissue donation
by Walmsley, Heather L.
- 217-225 Policy and practice in the use of root cause analysis to investigate clinical adverse events: Mind the gap
by Nicolini, Davide & Waring, Justin & Mengis, Jeanne
- 226-234 Mothers' preferences and willingness to pay for HPV vaccines in Vinh Long Province, Vietnam
by Poulos, Christine & Yang, Jui-Chen & Levin, Carol & Van Minh, Hoang & Giang, Kim Bao & Nguyen, Diep
- 235-244 Estimating the economic impact of pandemic influenza: An application of the computable general equilibrium model to the UK
by Smith, Richard D. & Keogh-Brown, Marcus R. & Barnett, Tony
- 245-253 The impact of adding an extra dimension to a preference-based measure
by Brazier, John & Rowen, Donna & Tsuchiya, Aki & Yang, Yaling & Young, Tracy A.
- 254-263 Differences in health between Americans and Western Europeans: Effects on longevity and public finance
by Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Goldman, Dana & Lakdawalla, Darius & Gailey, Adam & Zheng, Yuhui
- 264-273 The importance of gender and conceptualization for understanding the association between collective social capital and health: A multilevel analysis from northern Sweden
by Eriksson, Malin & Ng, Nawi & Weinehall, Lars & Emmelin, Maria
- 274-281 Deliberate self-harm in rural and urban regions: A comparative study of prevalence and patient characteristics
by Harriss, Louise & Hawton, Keith
- 282-292 Familial instability and young children's physical health
by Bzostek, Sharon H. & Beck, Audrey N.
- 293-300 Do changes in parent mental health explain trends in youth emotional problems?
by Schepman, Karen & Collishaw, Stephan & Gardner, Frances & Maughan, Barbara & Scott, Jacqueline & Pickles, Andrew
- 301-307 "Too much of that stuff can't be good": Canadian teens, morality, and fast food consumption
by McPhail, Deborah & Chapman, Gwen E. & Beagan, Brenda L.
- 308-315 Changes in reciprocal support provision and need-based support from partners of patients undergoing radical prostatectomy
by Knoll, Nina & Burkert, Silke & Roigas, Jan & Gralla, Oliver
- 316-326 Work-related critical incidents in hospital-based health care providers and the risk of post-traumatic stress symptoms, anxiety, and depression: A meta-analysis
by de Boer, Jacoba (Coby) & Lok, Anja & van't Verlaat, Ellen & Duivenvoorden, Hugo J. & Bakker, Arnold B. & Smit, Bert J.
- 327-335 Human trafficking and health: A conceptual model to inform policy, intervention and research
by Zimmerman, Cathy & Hossain, Mazeda & Watts, Charlotte
- 336-342 "They don't want our blood": Social inclusion and blood donation among African migrants in Australia
by Polonsky, Michael Jay & Brijnath, Bianca & Renzaho, André M.N.
- 343-350 Structural determinants of adolescent girls' vulnerability to HIV: Views from community members in Botswana, Malawi, and Mozambique
by Underwood, Carol & Skinner, Joanna & Osman, Nadia & Schwandt, Hilary
2011, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-5 Relationship between distance to social gathering facilities and risk of trachoma for households in rural Tanzanian communities
by Montgomery, Maggie A. & Desai, Mayur M. & Groce, Nora E. & Elimelech, Menachem
- 6-12 School-based friendship networks and children's physical activity: A spatial analytical approach
by Macdonald-Wallis, Kyle & Jago, Russell & Page, Angie S. & Brockman, Rowan & Thompson, Janice L.
- 13-21 Hispanic immigrant women's perspective on healthy foods and the New York City retail food environment: A mixed-method study
by Park, Yoosun & Quinn, James & Florez, Karen & Jacobson, Judith & Neckerman, Kathryn & Rundle, Andrew
- 22-32 Determinants and beliefs of health information mavens among a lower-socioeconomic position and minority population
by Kontos, Emily Z. & Emmons, Karen M. & Puleo, Elaine & Viswanath, K.
- 33-41 Democracy and growth in divided societies: A health-inequality trap?
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Basu, Sanjay & Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 42-49 The neighborhood context of relative position, trust, and self-rated health
by Bjornstrom, Eileen E.S.
- 50-59 Comparing social determinants of self-rated health across the United States and Canada
by Prus, Steven G.
- 60-67 Critical health literacy: A review and critical analysis
by Chinn, Deborah
- 68-78 Protecting the health of employees caring for family members with special health care needs
by Earle, Alison & Heymann, Jody
- 79-86 Violence against women is strongly associated with suicide attempts: Evidence from the WHO multi-country study on women's health and domestic violence against women
by Devries, Karen & Watts, Charlotte & Yoshihama, Mieko & Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Deyessa, Negussie & Heise, Lori & Durand, Julia & Mbwambo, Jessie & Jansen, Henrica & Berhane, Yemane & Ellsberg, Mary & Garcia-Moreno, Claudia
- 87-94 Infertility treatment and fertility-specific distress: A longitudinal analysis of a population-based sample of U.S. women
by Greil, Arthur L. & McQuillan, Julia & Lowry, Michele & Shreffler, Karina M.
- 95-102 Culture, gender and health care stigma: Practitioners' response to facial masking experienced by people with Parkinson's disease
by Tickle-Degnen, Linda & Zebrowitz, Leslie A. & Ma, Hui-ing
- 103-110 Sakit Hati: A state of chronic mental distress related to resentment and anger amongst West Papuan refugees exposed to persecution
by Rees, Susan & Silove, Derrick
- 111-120 Risk and reproductive decisions: British Pakistani couples' responses to genetic counselling
by Shaw, Alison
- 121-128 Electronic prescriptions and disruptions to the jurisdiction of community pharmacists
by Motulsky, Aude & Sicotte, Claude & Lamothe, Lise & Winslade, Nancy & Tamblyn, Robyn
- 129-134 'Non-compliance' as illness management: Hemodialysis patients' descriptions of adversarial patient-clinician interactions
by Allen, Dawn & Wainwright, Megan & Hutchinson, Thomas
- 135-144 Eliciting ethical and social values in health technology assessment: A participatory approach
by Bombard, Yvonne & Abelson, Julia & Simeonov, Dorina & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre
- 145-152 Community researchers conducting health disparities research: Ethical and other insights from fieldwork journaling
by Mosavel, Maghboeba & Ahmed, Rashid & Daniels, Doria & Simon, Christian
- 153-159 The effect of outpatient dialysis global budget cap on healthcare utilization by end-stage renal disease patients
by Chang, Ray-E. & Hsieh, Chi-Jeng & Myrtle, Robert C.
- 160-168 Price subsidies and the market for mosquito nets in developing countries: A study of Tanzania's discount voucher scheme
by Gingrich, Chris D. & Hanson, Kara & Marchant, Tanya & Mulligan, Jo-Ann & Mponda, Hadji
- 169-176 Taxing sin and saving lives: Can alcohol taxation reduce female homicides?
by Durrance, Christine Piette & Golden, Shelley & Perreira, Krista & Cook, Philip
- 177-182 Life satisfaction and age: Dealing with underidentification in age-period-cohort models
by de Ree, Joppe & Alessie, Rob
- 183-183 Corrigendum to: "Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis" [Social Science & Medicine, 72, Issue 9, May 2011, Pages 1454-1462.]
by Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 12
- 1915-1920 Analysing global health assistance: The reach for ethnographic, institutional and political economic scope
by Sridhar, Devi & Craig, David
- 1921-1929 Understanding use of health services in conditional cash transfer programs: Insights from qualitative research in Latin America and Turkey
by Adato, Michelle & Roopnaraine, Terry & Becker, Elisabeth
- 1930-1938 Resource mobilization for health advocacy: Afro-Brazilian religious organizations and HIV prevention and control
by Garcia, Jonathan & Parker, Richard G.
- 1939-1947 What can transaction costs tell us about governance in the delivery of large scale HIV prevention programmes in southern India?
by Guinness, Lorna
- 1948-1955 Effects of the World Bank's maternal and child health intervention on Indonesia's poor: Evaluating the safe motherhood project
by Baird, John & Ma, Steven & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1956-1964 National poverty reduction strategies and HIV/AIDS governance in Malawi: A preliminary study of shared health governance
by Wachira, Catherine & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1965-1974 A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of factors associated with trends in narrowing health inequalities in England
by Blackman, Tim & Wistow, Jonathan & Byrne, David
- 1975-1977 'Tackling health inequalities' and its pros, cons and contradictions: A commentary on Blackman, Wistow and Byrne
by Scambler, Graham
- 1978-1985 Income inequality and personality: Are less equal U.S. states less agreeable?
by de Vries, Robert & Gosling, Samuel & Potter, Jeff
- 1986-1992 Socioeconomic inequalities in old-age mortality: A comparison of Denmark and the USA
by Hoffmann, Rasmus
- 1993-2002 When does neighbourhood matter? Multilevel relationships between neighbourhood social fragmentation and mental health
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Collings, Sunny C. & Blakely, Tony & Dew, Kevin
- 2003-2010 Psychological strains and youth suicide in rural China
by Zhang, Jie & Wieczorek, William F. & Conwell, Yeates & Tu, Xin Ming
- 2011-2019 Feasibility, acceptability, and initial efficacy of a knowledge-contact program to reduce mental illness stigma and improve mental health literacy in adolescents
by Pinto-Foltz, Melissa D. & Logsdon, M. Cynthia & Myers, John A.
- 2020-2025 Young adults' decision making surrounding heavy drinking: A multi-staged model of planned behaviour
by Northcote, Jeremy
- 2026-2032 Informing health? Negotiating the logics of choice and care in everyday practices of 'healthy living'
by Henwood, Flis & Harris, Roma & Spoel, Philippa
- 2033-2040 Scouting for talent: Appointment practices of women professors in academic medicine
by Van den Brink, Marieke
- 2041-2048 Forging convictions: The effects of active participation in a clinical trial
by Scott, Clare & Walker, Jan & White, Peter & Lewith, George
- 2049-2058 Do new cohorts of family physicians work less compared to their older predecessors? The evidence from Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
2011, Volume 72, Issue 11
- 1739-1742 Genetics, health care, family and kinship in a global perspective: Situated processes of co-construction
by Horstman, Klasien & Finkler, Kaja
- 1743-1751 Voicing the lifeworld: Parental accounts of responsibility in genetic consultations for polycystic kidney disease
by Clarke, Angus & Sarangi, Srikant & Verrier-Jones, Kate
- 1752-1759 Making genetics not so important: Family work in dealing with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
by Geelen, Els & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 1760-1767 Exploring genetic responsibility for the self, family and kin in the case of hereditary raised cholesterol
by Weiner, Kate
- 1768-1775 Postgenomics, uncertain futures, and the familiarization of susceptibility genes
by Chilibeck, Gillian & Lock, Margaret & Sehdev, Megha
- 1776-1783 They say it runs in the family: Diabetes and inheritance in Oaxaca, Mexico
by Everett, Margaret
- 1784-1792 Family medicine, 'La Herencia' and breast cancer; understanding the (dis)continuities of predictive genetics in Cuba
by Gibbon, Sahra
- 1793-1801 Unambiguous test results or individual independence? The role of clients and families in predictive BRCA-testing in the Netherlands compared to the USA
by Boenink, Marianne
- 1802-1809 Genetic testing, governance, and the family in the People's Republic of China
by Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret Elizabeth
- 1810-1816 Moral landscapes and everyday life in families with Huntington's disease: Aligning ethnographic description and bioethics
by Huniche, Lotte
- 1817-1825 Worry, worry attacks, and PTSD among Cambodian refugees: A path analysis investigation
by Hinton, Devon E. & Nickerson, Angela & Bryant, Richard A.
- 1826-1837 Caught in the crosshairs: Identity and cultural authority within chiropractic
by Villanueva-Russell, Yvonne
- 1838-1845 Making a difference: The construction of ethnicity in HIV and STI epidemiological research by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
by Proctor, Alana & Krumeich, Anja & Meershoek, Agnes
- 1846-1852 Medical returns: Seeking health care in Mexico
by Horton, Sarah & Cole, Stephanie
- 1853-1863 Connecting food environments and health through the relational nature of aesthetics: Gaining insight through the community gardening experience
by Hale, James & Knapp, Corrine & Bardwell, Lisa & Buchenau, Michael & Marshall, Julie & Sancar, Fahriye & Litt, Jill S.
- 1864-1872 Housing and health in three contrasting neighbourhoods in Accra, Ghana
by Arku, Godwin & Luginaah, Isaac & Mkandawire, Paul & Baiden, Philip & Asiedu, Alex B.
- 1873-1883 The intersection of school racial composition and student race/ethnicity on adolescent depressive and somatic symptoms
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Bell, Bethany A. & Maitra, Debeshi
- 1884-1892 Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China
by Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M.
- 1893-1903 Infant mortality and adult stature in Spain
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Bozzoli, Carlos & Bosch, Mariano
- 1904-1912 Understanding the effect of disease adaptation information on general population values for hypothetical health states
by McTaggart-Cowan, Helen & Tsuchiya, Aki & O'Cathain, Alicia & Brazier, John
2011, Volume 72, Issue 10
- 1583-1587 The unspoken work of general practitioner receptionists: A re-examination of emotion management in primary care
by Ward, Jenna & McMurray, Robert
- 1588-1594 Understanding the interplay of time, gender and professionalism in hospital medicine in the UK
by Ozbilgin, Mustafa F. & Tsouroufli, Maria & Smith, Merryn
- 1595-1602 Enacting 'team' and 'teamwork': Using Goffman's theory of impression management to illuminate interprofessional practice on hospital wards
by Lewin, Simon & Reeves, Scott
- 1603-1610 Time matters - A theoretical and empirical examination of the temporal landscape of a hospital pathology service and the impact of e-health
by Georgiou, Andrew & Westbrook, Johanna I. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1611-1617 Sexual minority youth, social connection and resilience: From personal struggle to collective identity
by DiFulvio, Gloria T.
- 1618-1629 Understanding HIV disclosure: A review and application of the Disclosure Processes Model
by Chaudoir, Stephenie R. & Fisher, Jeffrey D. & Simoni, Jane M.
- 1630-1638 A methodology for building culture and gender norms into intervention: An example from Mumbai, India
by Kostick, Kristin M. & Schensul, Stephen L. & Singh, Rajendra & Pelto, Pertti & Saggurti, Niranjan
- 1639-1642 Understanding the conviction of Binayak Sen: Neocolonialism, political violence and the political economy of health in the central Indian tribal belt
by Kennedy, Jonathan J. & King, Lawrence P.
- 1643-1651 Prevalence and predictors of smoking in "smoke-free" bars. Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Europe Surveys
by Nagelhout, Gera E. & Mons, Ute & Allwright, Shane & Guignard, Romain & Beck, François & Fong, Geoffrey T. & de Vries, Hein & Willemsen, Marc C.
- 1652-1658 Impact of occupational stress on stroke across occupational classes and genders
by Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kayaba, Kazunori & Ishikawa, Shizukiyo
- 1659-1666 Stress trajectories, health behaviors, and the mental health of black and white young adults
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B.
- 1667-1673 Obesity disparities among disadvantaged men: National adult male inmate prevalence pooled with non-incarcerated estimates, United States, 2002-2004
by Houle, Brian
- 1674-1684 Participation among adults with disability: The role of the urban environment
by Clarke, Philippa J. & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Nieuwenhuijsen, Els R. & de Kleijn - de Vrankrijker, Marijke W.
- 1685-1694 Rural/urban mortality differences in England and Wales and the effect of deprivation adjustment
by Gartner, Andrea & Farewell, Daniel & Roach, Paul & Dunstan, Frank
- 1695-1703 Prenatal care among immigrant and racial-ethnic minority women in a new immigrant destination: Exploring the impact of immigrant legal status
by Korinek, Kim & Smith, Ken R.
- 1704-1710 Is demand-side financing equity enhancing? Lessons from a maternal health voucher scheme in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Shakil & Khan, M. Mahmud
- 1711-1716 Incorporating concerns for equal lifetime health in evaluations of public health programs
by Robberstad, Bjarne & Norheim, Ole F.
- 1717-1727 Best-worst scaling vs. discrete choice experiments: An empirical comparison using social care data
by Potoglou, Dimitris & Burge, Peter & Flynn, Terry & Netten, Ann & Malley, Juliette & Forder, Julien & Brazier, John E.
- 1728-1737 The increasing value of education to health
by Goldman, Dana & Smith, James P.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 9
- 1411-1419 Environmental correlates of adiposity in 9-10 year old children: Considering home and school neighbourhoods and routes to school
by Harrison, Flo & Jones, Andrew P. & van Sluijs, Esther M.F. & Cassidy, Aedín & Bentham, Graham & Griffin, Simon J.
- 1420-1428 Child overweight and undernutrition in Thailand: Is there an urban effect?
by Firestone, Rebecca & Punpuing, Sureeporn & Peterson, Karen E. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Gortmaker, Steven L.
- 1429-1436 The effect of maternal tetanus immunization on children's schooling attainment in Matlab, Bangladesh: Follow-up of a randomized trial
by Canning, David & Razzaque, Abdur & Driessen, Julia & Walker, Damian G. & Streatfield, Peter Kim & Yunus, Mohammad
- 1437-1446 Effect of Ecuador's cash transfer program (Bono de Desarrollo Humano) on child development in infants and toddlers: A randomized effectiveness trial
by Fernald, Lia C.H. & Hidrobo, Melissa
- 1447-1453 Environmental stressors, low well-being, smoking, and alcohol use among South African adolescents
by Brook, David W. & Rubenstone, Elizabeth & Zhang, Chenshu & Morojele, Neo K. & Brook, Judith S.
- 1454-1462 Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis
by Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R.
- 1463-1471 The association of food security with psychological distress in New Zealand and any gender differences
by Carter, Kristie N. & Kruse, Kerri & Blakely, Tony & Collings, Sunny
- 1472-1481 Does geographic access to primary healthcare influence the detection of hepatitis C?
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul J. & Dillon, John F.
- 1482-1488 Social isolation, C-reactive protein, and coronary heart disease mortality among community-dwelling adults
by Heffner, Kathi L. & Waring, Molly E. & Roberts, Mary B. & Eaton, Charles B. & Gramling, Robert
- 1489-1498 Similar but different: Health and economic crisis in 1990s Cuba and Russia
by Borowy, Iris
- 1499-1506 Gender relations, prostate cancer and diet: Re-inscribing hetero-normative food practices
by Mróz, Lawrence William & Chapman, Gwen E. & Oliffe, John L. & Bottorff, Joan L.
- 1507-1514 Adolescent men's attitudes and decision-making in relation to an unplanned pregnancy. Responses to an interactive video drama
by Lohan, Maria & Cruise, Sharon & O'Halloran, Peter & Alderdice, Fiona & Hyde, Abbey
- 1515-1521 The effect of breastfeeding on children's educational test scores at nine years of age: Results of an Irish cohort study
by McCrory, Cathal & Layte, Richard
- 1522-1526 Safe access to safe water in low income countries: Water fetching in current times
by Sorenson, Susan B. & Morssink, Christiaan & Campos, Paola Abril
- 1527-1533 God-sent ordeals and their discontents: Ultra-orthodox Jewish women negotiate prenatal testing
by Ivry, Tsipy & Teman, Elly & Frumkin, Ayala
- 1534-1554 Impacts of domestic violence on child growth and nutrition: A conceptual review of the pathways of influence
by Yount, Kathryn M. & DiGirolamo, Ann M. & Ramakrishnan, Usha
- 1555-1562 Conceptions of acculturation: A review and statement of critical issues
by Lopez-Class, Maria & Castro, Felipe González & Ramirez, Amelie G.
- 1563-1569 Finding the moral heart of treatment: Mental health care in a French prison
by Fernandez, Fabrice & Lézé, Samuel
- 1570-1573 Lay people's experiences with reading their medical record
by Wibe, Torunn & Hellesø, Ragnhild & Slaughter, Laura & Ekstedt, Mirjam
- 1574-1581 The socio-political roots of pharmaceutical uncertainty in the evaluation of 'innovative' diabetes drugs in the European Union and the US
by Davis, Courtney & Abraham, John
2011, Volume 72, Issue 8
- 1219-1227 Social capital and change in psychological health over time
by Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola & Lindström, Martin
- 1228-1235 Favourable changes in economic well-being and self-rated health among the elderly
by Brenes-Camacho, Gilbert
- 1236-1248 Understanding how race/ethnicity and gender define age-trajectories of disability: An intersectionality approach
by Warner, David F. & Brown, Tyson H.
- 1249-1257 Disparity in disability between native-born non-Hispanic white and foreign-born Asian older adults in the United States: Effects of educational attainment and age at immigration
by Lee, Min-Ah
- 1258-1265 Parenthood, drinking locations and heavy drinking
by Paradis, Catherine
- 1266-1273 Neighborhood walkability, physical activity, and walking behavior: The Swedish Neighborhood and Physical Activity (SNAP) study
by Sundquist, Kristina & Eriksson, Ulf & Kawakami, Naomi & Skog, Lars & Ohlsson, Henrik & Arvidsson, Daniel
- 1274-1283 Are neighborhood education levels associated with BMI among adults in Cairo, Egypt?
by Mowafi, Mona & Khadr, Zeinab & Subramanian, S.V. & Bennett, Gary & Hill, Allan & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1284-1293 Internal migration and health: Premarital sexual initiation in Nigeria
by Mberu, Blessing Uchenna & White, Michael J.
- 1294-1301 Internal migration and health: Re-examining the healthy migrant phenomenon in China
by Chen, Juan
- 1302-1309 Building institutions for an effective health system: Lessons from China's experience with rural health reform
by Bloom, Gerald
- 1310-1316 Public financial support receipt and non-medical resource utilization in Alzheimer's disease results from the PLASA study
by Rapp, Thomas & Grand, Alain & Cantet, Christelle & Andrieu, Sandrine & Coley, Nicola & Portet, Florence & Vellas, Bruno
- 1317-1324 Patients' self-interested preferences: Empirical evidence from a priority setting experiment
by Álvarez, Begoña & Rodríguez-Míguez, Eva
- 1325-1332 Demand for sanitation in Salvador, Brazil: A hybrid choice approach
by Santos, Andreia C. & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Barreto, Mauricio L. & Cairncross, Sandy
- 1333-1341 Health care rationing in an age of uncertainty: A conceptual model
by Moreira, Tiago
- 1342-1350 The pharmaceutical corporation and the 'good work' of managing women's bodies
by Padamsee, Tasleem Juana
- 1351-1358 Dead by 50: Lay expertise and breast cancer screening
by Barker, Kristin K. & Galardi, Tasha R.
- 1359-1366 Tacit and transitionary: An exploration of patients' and primary care health professionals' goals in relation to asthma
by Williams, Brian & Steven, Karen & Sullivan, Frank M.
- 1367-1373 Techniques and transitions: A sociological analysis of sleeping practices amongst recovering heroin users
by Nettleton, Sarah & Neale, Joanne & Pickering, Lucy
- 1374-1382 On the remarkable persistence of asymmetry in doctor/patient interaction: A critical review
by Pilnick, Alison & Dingwall, Robert
- 1383-1392 Non-adherence to antiretroviral treatment and unplanned treatment interruption among people living with HIV/AIDS in Cameroon: Individual and healthcare supply-related factors
by Boyer, Sylvie & Clerc, Isabelle & Bonono, Cécile-Renée & Marcellin, Fabienne & Bilé, Paule-Christiane & Ventelou, Bruno
- 1393-1399 'All is done by Allah'. Understandings of Down syndrome and prenatal testing in Pakistan
by Bryant, Louise D. & Ahmed, Shenaz & Ahmed, Mushtaq & Jafri, Hussain & Raashid, Yasmin
- 1400-1408 The limits of resilience: Distress following chronic political violence among Palestinians
by Hobfoll, Stevan E. & Mancini, Anthony D. & Hall, Brian J. & Canetti, Daphna & Bonanno, George A.
- 1409-1409 Corrigendum to "Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship" [Social Science & Medicine 70 (2010) 479-484]
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Davis, Roger & Kaptchuk, Ted
2011, Volume 72, Issue 7
- 1021-1024 The evolving socio-political context of community health worker programmes in South Africa: Implications for historical analysis. A commentary on van Ginneken, Lewin and Berridge "the emergence of community health worker programmes in the late-apartheid era in South Africa: An historical analysis"(2010)
by van Rensburg, Dingie J. & Wouters, Edwin & de Wet, Katinka
- 1025-1027 What can be learnt from historical analysis? Community health workers and health policy in South Africa. A response to van Rensburg, H.C.J., Wouters, E., and de Wet, K.'s critique (in this issue)
by van Ginneken, Nadja & Lewin, Simon & Berridge, Virginia
- 1028-1035 Organizational analysis of Canadian supported employment programs for people with psychiatric disabilities
by Menear, Matthew & Reinharz, Daniel & Corbière, Marc & Houle, Nathalie & Lanctôt, Nathalie & Goering, Paula & Goldner, Elliot M. & Kirsh, Bonnie & Lecomte, Tania
- 1036-1038 Implementation of IPS supported employment around the world: Planned vs. unplanned dissemination. A commentary on Menear etÂ al
by Bond, Gary R. & Drake, Robert E. & Becker, Deborah R.
- 1039-1046 Getting evidence into policy: The need for deliberative strategies?
by Flitcroft, Kathy & Gillespie, James & Salkeld, Glenn & Carter, Stacy & Trevena, Lyndal
- 1047-1055 From "our world" to the "real world": Exploring the views and behaviour of policy-influential Australian public health researchers
by Haynes, Abby S. & Derrick, Gjemma E. & Chapman, Simon & Redman, Sally & Hall, Wayne D. & Gillespie, James & Sturk, Heidi
- 1056-1063 Journal peer review in context: A qualitative study of the social and subjective dimensions of manuscript review in biomedical publishing
by Lipworth, Wendy L. & Kerridge, Ian H. & Carter, Stacy M. & Little, Miles
- 1064-1068 Interpreting social network metrics in healthcare organisations: A review and guide to validating small networks
by Dunn, Adam G. & Westbrook, Johanna I.
- 1069-1076 Sourcing the crowd for health services improvement: The reflexive patient and "share-your-experience" websites
by Adams, Samantha A.
- 1077-1084 Established users and the making of telecare work in long term condition management: Implications for health policy
by Rogers, Anne & Kirk, Sue & Gately, Claire & May, Carl R. & Finch, Tracy
- 1085-1095 Measuring patient-centered communication in cancer care: A literature review and the development of a systematic approach
by McCormack, Lauren A. & Treiman, Katherine & Rupert, Douglas & Williams-Piehota, Pamela & Nadler, Eric & Arora, Neeraj K. & Lawrence, William & Street Jr., Richard L.
- 1096-1104 Breast cancer delay: A grounded model of help-seeking behaviour
by Unger-Saldaña, Karla & Infante-Castañeda, Claudia B.
- 1105-1114 Patient resistance as agency in treatment decisions
by Koenig, Christopher J.
- 1115-1122 Immunitary bioeconomy: The economisation of life in the international cord blood market
by Brown, Nik & Machin, Laura & McLeod, Danae
- 1123-1130 Cycling and the city: A case study of how gendered, ethnic and class identities can shape healthy transport choices
by Steinbach, Rebecca & Green, Judith & Datta, Jessica & Edwards, Phil
- 1131-1139 Why healthy eating is bad for young people's health: Identity, belonging and food
by Stead, Martine & McDermott, Laura & MacKintosh, Anne Marie & Adamson, Ashley
- 1140-1148 Additive and subtractive resilience strategies as enablers of biographical reinvention: A qualitative study of ex-smokers and never-smokers
by Ward, Paul Russell & Muller, Robert & Tsourtos, George & Hersh, Deborah & Lawn, Sharon & Winefield, Anthony H. & Coveney, John
- 1149-1156 Two year psychosocial and mental health outcomes for refugees subjected to restrictive or supportive immigration policies
by Steel, Zachary & Momartin, Shakeh & Silove, Derrick & Coello, Marianio & Aroche, Jorge & Tay, Kuo Wei
- 1157-1168 Delays in recognition of and Care-seeking response to prolonged labor inÂ Bangladesh
by Head, Sara K. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1169-1176 "There is such a thing as too many daughters, but not too many sons": A qualitative study of son preference and fetal sex selection among Indian immigrants in the United States
by Puri, Sunita & Adams, Vincanne & Ivey, Susan & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1177-1184 Different stage, different performance: The protective strategy of role play on emotional health in sex work
by Abel, Gillian M.
- 1185-1192 "Over here, it's just drugs, women and all the madness": The HIV risk environment of clients of female sex workers in Tijuana, Mexico
by Goldenberg, Shira M. & Strathdee, Steffanie A. & Gallardo, Manuel & Rhodes, Tim & Wagner, Karla D. & Patterson, Thomas L.
- 1193-1204 Self-rated health and social capital in transitional countries: Multilevel analysis of comparative surveys in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia
by Habibov, Nazim N. & Afandi, Elvin N.
- 1205-1210 How relevant are district characteristics in explaining subjective health in Germany? - A multilevel analysis
by Diehl, Katharina & Schneider, Sven
- 1211-1218 The effect of survivalism-self-expressionism culture on black male suicide acceptability: A cross-national analysis
by Stack, Steven & Kposowa, Augustine J.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 6
- 815-820 Liberating the NHS? A commentary on the Lansley White Paper, "Equity and Excellence"
by Asthana, Sheena
- 821-822 Reflections on commissioning and the English coalition government NHS reforms
by Light, Donald W. & Connor, Martin
- 823-831 Family presence in routine medical visits: A meta-analytical review
by Wolff, Jennifer L. & Roter, Debra L.
- 832-839 Economic evaluation to inform health care decision-making: Promise, pitfalls and a proposal for an alternative path
by Brousselle, Astrid & Lessard, Chantale
- 840-854 Losing life and livelihood: A systematic review and meta-analysis of unemployment and all-cause mortality
by Roelfs, David J. & Shor, Eran & Davidson, Karina W. & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 855-866 Implementing successful intimate partner violence screening programs in health care settings: Evidence generated from a realist-informed systematic review
by O'Campo, Patricia & Kirst, Maritt & Tsamis, Charoula & Chambers, Catharine & Ahmad, Farah
- 867-873 Association of physical violence by an intimate partner around the time of pregnancy with inadequate gestational weight gain
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Tamim, Hala & Lincoln, Alicia M. & Dooley, Suzanna D. & Beydoun, May A.
- 874-883 Psychosocial influences on prisoner suicide: A case-control study of near-lethal self-harm in women prisoners
by Marzano, Lisa & Hawton, Keith & Rivlin, Adrienne & Fazel, Seena
- 884-889 Do local landmark bridges increase the suicide rate? An alternative test of the likely effect of means restriction at suicide-jumping sites
by Glasgow, Garrett
- 890-898 Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: The INMA-Valencia project in Spain
by Llop, Sabrina & Ballester, Ferran & Estarlich, Marisa & Iñiguez, Carmen & Ramón, Rosa & Gonzalez, MCarmen & Murcia, Mario & Esplugues, Ana & Rebagliato, Marisa
- 899-906 Health among hospital employees in Europe: A cross-national study of the impact of work stress and work control
by Pisljar, Tjasa & van der Lippe, Tanja & den Dulk, Laura
- 907-911 The deleterious consequences of privatization and outsourcing for hospital support work: The experiences of contracted-out hospital cleaners and dietary aids in Vancouver, Canada
by Zuberi, Daniyal M. & Ptashnick, Melita B.
- 912-918 Compliant, complacent or panicked? Investigating the problematisation of the Australian general public in pandemic influenza control
by Davis, Mark & Stephenson, Niamh & Flowers, Paul
- 919-927 The determinants of the adoption of pharmaceutical innovation: Evidence from Taiwan
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Kao Yang, Yea-Huei & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 928-936 Do pharmaceuticals displace local knowledge and use of medicinal plants? Estimates from a cross-sectional study in a rural indigenous community, Mexico
by Giovannini, Peter & Reyes-García, Victoria & Waldstein, Anna & Heinrich, Michael
- 937-944 Introducing malaria rapid diagnostic tests at registered drug shops in Uganda: Limitations of diagnostic testing in the reality of diagnosis
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Hall-Clifford, Rachel & Asaph, Turinde & Pascal, Magnussen & Clarke, Siân & Mbonye, Anthony K.
- 945-952 Strange bedfellows: The Catholic Church and Brazilian National AIDS Program in the response to HIV/AIDS in Brazil
by Murray, Laura R. & Garcia, Jonathan & Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Parker, Richard G.
- 953-961 Making sense of condoms: Social representations in young people's HIV-related narratives from six African countries
by Winskell, Kate & Obyerodhyambo, Oby & Stephenson, Rob
- 962-968 Children's understanding of the selling versus persuasive intent of junk food advertising: Implications for regulation
by Carter, Owen B.J. & Patterson, Lisa J. & Donovan, Robert J. & Ewing, Michael T. & Roberts, Clare M.
- 969-976 Food provisioning experiences of ultra poor female heads of household living in Bangladesh
by McIntyre, Lynn & Rondeau, Krista & Kirkpatrick, Sharon & Hatfield, Jennifer & Islam, Khaled Shamsul & Huda, Syed Nazmul
- 977-983 Explaining racial disparities in adverse birth outcomes: Unique sources of stress for Black American women
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Lobel, Marci
- 984-991 Motherhood, pregnancy, and the negotiation of identity: The moral career of drug treatment
by Radcliffe, Polly