Social Science & Medicine
2012, Volume 74, Issue 12
- 1995-2004 The long-term impact of war on health and wellbeing in Northern Vietnam: Some glimpses from a recent survey
by Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Korinek, Kim
- 2005-2011 Impact of war, religiosity and ideology on PTSD and psychiatric disorders in adolescents from Gaza Strip and South Lebanon
by Khamis, Vivian
- 2012-2019 Food insecurity, depression and the modifying role of social support among people living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Hunt, Peter W. & Muzoora, Conrad & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 2020-2027 Stress associated with caregiving: An examination of the stress process model among Kenyan Luo elders
by Ice, Gillian H. & Sadruddin, Aalyia F.A. & Vagedes, Amy & Yogo, Jaja & Juma, Elizabeth
- 2028-2036 ‘Dying from’ to ‘living with’: Framing institutions and the coping processes of African American women living with HIV/AIDS
by Watkins-Hayes, Celeste & Pittman-Gay, LaShawnDa & Beaman, Jean
- 2037-2045 Pathways to care: Narratives of American Indian adolescents entering substance abuse treatment
by Novins, Douglas K. & Spicer, Paul & Fickenscher, Alexandra & Pescosolido, Bernice
- 2046-2052 Alienating evidence based medicine vs. innovative medical device marketing: A report on the evidence debate at a Wounds conference
by Madden, Mary
2012, Volume 74, Issue 11
- 1667-1674 Autism spectrum disorders: Toward a gendered embodiment model
by Cheslack-Postava, Keely & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1675-1683 Gender, health and theory: Conceptualizing the issue, in local and world perspective
by Connell, Raewyn
- 1684-1692 Sexing the baby: Part 1 – What do we really know about sex differentiation in the first three years of life?
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meghan
- 1693-1702 Sexing the baby: Part 2 applying dynamic systems theory to the emergences of sex-related differences in infants and toddlers
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meaghan
- 1703-1711 The multidimensional relationship between early adult body weight and women’s childbearing experiences
by Frisco, Michelle L. & Weden, Margaret M. & Lippert, Adam M. & Burnett, Kristin D.
- 1712-1720 Women’s health, men’s health, and gender and health: Implications of intersectionality
by Hankivsky, Olena
- 1721-1728 The “new masculinity”: Addiction treatment as a reconstruction of gender in Puerto Rican evangelist street ministries
by Hansen, Helena
- 1729-1737 Sexuality and the limits of agency among South African teenage women: Theorising femininities and their connections to HIV risk practises
by Jewkes, R. & Morrell, R.
- 1738-1744 Hormones, context, and “Brain Gender”: A review of evidence from congenital adrenal hyperplasia
by Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1745-1753 The global reproductive health market: U.S. media framings and public discourses about transnational surrogacy
by Markens, Susan
- 1754-1764 Feeding her children, but risking her health: The intersection of gender, household food insecurity and obesity
by Martin, Molly A. & Lippert, Adam M.
- 1765-1773 The “knucklehead” approach and what matters in terms of health for formerly incarcerated Latino men
by Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Perry, Ashley & Bobet, Ilka & Bobet, Santos & Ramos, Hector & Quiñones, Francisco & Lloyd, Kaity
- 1774-1782 “They arrested me for loving a schoolgirl”: Ethnography, HIV, and a feminist assessment of the age of consent law as a gender-based structural intervention in Uganda
by Parikh, Shanti A.
- 1783-1790 Gender, health behavior, and intimate relationships: Lesbian, gay, and straight contexts
by Reczek, Corinne & Umberson, Debra
- 1791-1801 Triple jeopardy? Mental health at the intersection of gender, race, and class
by Rosenfield, Sarah
- 1802-1811 Who gains, who loses and how: Leveraging gender and class intersections to secure health entitlements
by Sen, Gita & Iyer, Aditi
- 1812-1816 Towards the inclusion of gender and sex in health research and funding: An institutional perspective
by Sharman, Zena & Johnson, Joy
- 1817-1824 Beyond a catalogue of differences: A theoretical frame and good practice guidelines for researching sex/gender in human health
by Springer, Kristen W. & Mager Stellman, Jeanne & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1825-1832 Intersectionality and gender mainstreaming in international health: Using a feminist participatory action research process to analyse voices and debates from the global south and north
by Tolhurst, Rachel & Leach, Beryl & Price, Janet & Robinson, Jude & Ettore, Elizabeth & Scott-Samuel, Alex & Kilonzo, Nduku & Sabuni, Louis P. & Robertson, Steve & Kapilashrami, Anuj & Bristow, Katie & Lang, Raymond & Romao, Francelina & Theobald, Sally
- 1833-1841 Mississippi front-line recovery work after Hurricane Katrina: An analysis of the intersections of gender, race, and class in advocacy, power relations, and health
by Weber, Lynn & Hilfinger Messias, DeAnne K.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 10
- 1477-1485 Limits to evidence-based health policymaking: Policy hurdles to structural HIV prevention in Tanzania
by Hunsmann, Moritz
- 1486-1493 ‘Worse than HIV’ or ‘not as serious as other diseases’? Conceptualization of cervical cancer among newly screened women in Zambia
by White, Heather L. & Mulambia, Chishimba & Sinkala, Moses & Mwanahamuntu, Mulindi H. & Parham, Groesbeck P. & Moneyham, Linda & Grimley, Diane M. & Chamot, Eric
- 1494-1503 Psychosocial support intervention for HIV-affected families in Haiti: Implications for programs and policies for orphans and vulnerable children
by Smith Fawzi, Mary C. & Eustache, Eddy & Oswald, Catherine & Louis, Ermaze & Surkan, Pamela J. & Scanlan, Fiona & Hook, Sarah & Mancuso, Anna & Mukherjee, Joia S.
- 1504-1511 Interrelatedness of child health, protection and well-being: An application of the SAFE model in Rwanda
by Betancourt, Theresa S. & Williams, Timothy P. & Kellner, Sarah E. & Gebre-Medhin, Joy & Hann, Katrina & Kayiteshonga, Yvonne
- 1512-1519 HIV and tuberculosis: The construction and management of double stigma
by Daftary, Amrita
- 1520-1527 Attitudes and beliefs related to HIV/AIDS in urban religious congregations: Barriers and opportunities for HIV-related interventions
by Bluthenthal, Ricky N. & Palar, Kartika & Mendel, Peter & Kanouse, David E. & Corbin, Dennis E. & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin
- 1528-1535 ‘As a clinician, you are not managing lab results, you are managing the patient’: How the enactment of malaria at health facilities in Cameroon compares with new WHO guidelines for the use of malaria tests
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Mangham, Lindsay & Njei, Abanda Ngu & Achonduh, Olivia & Mbacham, Wilfred F. & Wiseman, Virginia
- 1536-1543 The decision-making process of genetically at-risk couples considering preimplantation genetic diagnosis: Initial findings from a grounded theory study
by Hershberger, Patricia E. & Gallo, Agatha M. & Kavanaugh, Karen & Olshansky, Ellen & Schwartz, Alan & Tur-Kaspa, Ilan
- 1544-1551 Picturing obesity: Analyzing the social epidemiology of obesity conveyed through US news media images
by Gollust, Sarah E. & Eboh, Ijeoma & Barry, Colleen L.
- 1552-1559 ‘A real man smells of tobacco smoke’—Chinese youth's interpretation of smoking imagery in film
by Davey, Gareth & Zhao, Xiang
- 1560-1569 Trauma and suicide behaviour histories among a Canadian indigenous population: An empirical exploration of the potential role of Canada's residential school system
by Elias, Brenda & Mignone, Javier & Hall, Madelyn & Hong, Say P. & Hart, Lyna & Sareen, Jitender
- 1570-1577 Quality or quantity? Exploring the relationship between Public Open Space attributes and mental health in Perth, Western Australia
by Francis, Jacinta & Wood, Lisa J. & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 1578-1583 Socioeconomic position and physical activity among women in Melbourne, Australia: Does the use of different socioeconomic indicators matter?
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1584-1590 Social disorder, APOE-E4 genotype, and change in cognitive function among older adults living in Chicago
by Boardman, Jason D. & Barnes, Lisa L. & Wilson, Robert S. & Evans, Denis A. & de Leon, Carlos F. Mendes
- 1591-1601 A study of environmental influences on the well-being of individuals with psychiatric disabilities in Philadelphia, PA
by Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S.
- 1602-1609 OxyContin® as currency: OxyContin® use and increased social capital among rural Appalachian drug users
by Jonas, Adam B. & Young, April M. & Oser, Carrie B. & Leukefeld, Carl G. & Havens, Jennifer R.
- 1610-1621 Revisiting the immigrant paradox in reproductive health: The roles of duration of residence and ethnicity
by Urquia, Marcelo L. & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Heaman, Maureen I.
- 1622-1629 Health across early childhood and socioeconomic status: Examining the moderating effects of differential parenting
by Browne, Dillon T. & Jenkins, Jennifer M.
- 1630-1638 Socioeconomic disadvantage in adolescent women and metabolic syndrome in mid-adulthood: An examination of pathways of embodiment in the Northern Swedish Cohort
by Gustafsson, Per E. & Hammarström, Anne
- 1639-1643 Trust, self-rated health and mortality: A longitudinal study among ageing people in Southern Finland
by Nummela, Olli & Raivio, Risto & Uutela, Antti
- 1644-1651 The effect of differential eligibility for free GP services on GP utilisation in Ireland
by Nolan, Anne & Smith, Samantha
- 1652-1659 Residents' perceptions of effective community representation in local health decision-making
by Chung, Phillip & Grogan, Colleen M. & Mosley, Jennifer E.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 9
- 1311-1323 Vaginal practices as women's agency in Sub-Saharan Africa: A synthesis of meaning and motivation through meta-ethnography
by Martin Hilber, Adriane & Kenter, Elise & Redmond, Shelagh & Merten, Sonja & Bagnol, Brigitte & Low, Nicola & Garside, Ruth
- 1324-1330 Civil unrest and birthweight: An exploratory analysis of the 2007/2008 Kenyan Crisis
by Bell, Suzanne & Prata, Ndola & Lahiff, Maureen & Eskenazi, Brenda
- 1331-1341 Waiting times and socioeconomic status: Evidence from England
by Laudicella, Mauro & Siciliani, Luigi & Cookson, Richard
- 1342-1352 Untangling the associations among distrust, race, and neighborhood social environment: A social disorganization perspective
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 1353-1361 The health implications of civic association in Russia
by Javeline, Debra & Brooks, Elizabeth
- 1362-1367 Network social capital, social participation, and physical inactivity in an urban adult population
by Legh-Jones, Hannah & Moore, Spencer
- 1368-1374 ‘On the street where you live’: Neighbourhood deprivation and quality of life among community-dwelling older people in Edinburgh, Scotland
by Mõttus, René & Gale, Catharine R. & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J.
- 1375-1384 Associations between perceived neighborhood environmental attributes and adults’ sedentary behavior: Findings from the USA, Australia and Belgium
by Van Dyck, Delfien & Cerin, Ester & Conway, Terry L. & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Owen, Neville & Kerr, Jacqueline & Cardon, Greet & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Sallis, James F.
- 1385-1393 Does SES explain more of the black/white health gap than we thought? Revisiting our approach toward understanding racial disparities in health
by Do, D. Phuong & Frank, Reanne & Finch, Brian Karl
- 1394-1401 Individual- and area-level unemployment influence smoking cessation among African Americans participating in a randomized clinical trial
by Kendzor, Darla E. & Reitzel, Lorraine R. & Mazas, Carlos A. & Cofta-Woerpel, Ludmila M. & Cao, Yumei & Ji, Lingyun & Costello, Tracy J. & Vidrine, Jennifer Irvin & Businelle, Michael S. & Li, Yisheng & Castro, Yessenia & Ahluwalia, Jasjit S. & Cinciripini, Paul M. & Wetter, David W.
- 1402-1406 Does the association between smoking and mortality differ by educational level?
by Charafeddine, Rana & Van Oyen, Herman & Demarest, Stefaan
- 1407-1417 Social integration in friendship networks: The synergy of network structure and peer influence in relation to cigarette smoking among high risk adolescents
by Lakon, Cynthia M. & Valente, Thomas W.
- 1418-1425 Tracing the origins of successful aging: The role of childhood conditions and social inequality in explaining later life health
by Brandt, Martina & Deindl, Christian & Hank, Karsten
- 1426-1434 Fiscal decentralisation and infant mortality rate: The Colombian case
by Soto, Victoria Eugenia & Farfan, Maria Isabel & Lorant, Vincent
- 1435-1443 Risk and protective factors for depression symptoms among children affected by HIV/AIDS in rural China: A structural equation modeling analysis
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Barnett, Douglas & Zhao, Guoxiang & Zhao, Junfeng & Stanton, Bonita
- 1444-1451 Longitudinal effects of health-harming and health-protective behaviors within adolescent romantic dyads
by Aalsma, Matthew C. & Carpentier, Melissa Y. & Azzouz, Faouzi & Fortenberry, J. Dennis
- 1452-1460 Adolescent expectations of early death predict young adult socioeconomic status
by Nguyen, Quynh C. & Hussey, Jon M. & Halpern, Carolyn T. & Villaveces, Andres & Marshall, Stephen W. & Siddiqi, Arjumand & Poole, Charles
- 1461-1468 Does attachment insecurity affect the outcomes of a multidisciplinary pain management program? The association between attachment insecurity, pain, disability, distress, and the use of opioids
by Andersen, Tonny Elmose
2012, Volume 74, Issue 8
- 1146-1154 Subjective social status and psychosocial and metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease among African Americans in the Jackson Heart Study
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Sims, Mario & Taylor, Herman A. & Williams, David R. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1155-1162 Beyond the barriers: Racial discrimination and use of complementary and alternative medicine among Black Americans
by Shippee, Tetyana Pylypiv & Schafer, Markus H. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 1163-1171 Internal displacement and health among the Palestinian minority in Israel
by Daoud, Nihaya & Shankardass, Ketan & O’Campo, Patricia & Anderson, Kim & Agbaria, Ayman K.
- 1172-1179 Gender-based violence and socioeconomic inequalities: Does living in more deprived neighbourhoods increase women’s risk of intimate partner violence?
by Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Heise, Lori & Zimmerman, Cathy & Gouveia, Nelson & Watts, Charlotte
- 1180-1192 A photovoice documentation of the role of neighborhood physical and social environments in older adults’ physical activity in two metropolitan areas in North America
by Mahmood, Atiya & Chaudhury, Habib & Michael, Yvonne L. & Campo, Michael & Hay, Kara & Sarte, Ann
- 1193-1203 The role of local food availability in explaining obesity risk among young school-aged children
by Lee, Helen
- 1204-1212 Do neighborhoods affect individual mortality? A systematic review and meta-analysis of multilevel studies
by Meijer, Mathias & Röhl, Jeannette & Bloomfield, Kim & Grittner, Ulrike
- 1213-1223 Mortality differences between the foreign-born and locally-born population in France (2004–2007)
by Boulogne, Roxane & Jougla, Eric & Breem, Yves & Kunst, Anton E. & Rey, Grégoire
- 1224-1231 Are recessions really good for your health? Evidence from Canada
by Ariizumi, Hideki & Schirle, Tammy
- 1232-1239 Spatial modeling of households’ knowledge about arsenic pollution in Bangladesh
by Sarker, M. Mizanur Rahman
- 1240-1250 Neighborhood drug markets: A risk environment for bacterial sexually transmitted infections among urban youth
by Jennings, Jacky M. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Salhi, Rama A. & Furr-Holden, C. Debra M. & Ellen, Jonathan M.
- 1251-1260 Addiction, agency, and the politics of self-control: Doing harm reduction in a heroin users’ group
by Gowan, Teresa & Whetstone, Sarah & Andic, Tanja
- 1261-1268 Adapting the minority stress model: Associations between gender non-conformity stigma, HIV-related stigma and depression among men who have sex with men in South India
by Logie, Carmen H. & Newman, Peter A. & Chakrapani, Venkatesan & Shunmugam, Murali
- 1269-1273 Graphic warning labels on plain cigarette packs: Will they make a difference to adolescents?
by McCool, Judith & Webb, Lisa & Cameron, Linda D. & Hoek, Janet
- 1274-1281 Frames and counter-frames giving meaning to dementia: A framing analysis of media content
by Van Gorp, Baldwin & Vercruysse, Tom
- 1282-1287 Medical end-of-life decisions: Does its use differ in vulnerable patient groups? A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Rietjens, Judith A.C. & Deschepper, Reginald & Pasman, Roeline & Deliens, Luc
- 1288-1296 Community mobilization to reduce postpartum hemorrhage in home births in northern Nigeria
by Prata, Ndola & Ejembi, Clara & Fraser, Ashley & Shittu, Oladapo & Minkler, Meredith
- 1297-1304 Knowledge mobilisation in healthcare: A critical review of health sector and generic management literature
by Ferlie, Ewan & Crilly, Tessa & Jashapara, Ashok & Peckham, Anna
- 1305-1309 Assessing public attitudes on the retention and use of residual newborn screening blood samples: A focus group study
by Rothwell, Erin & Anderson, Rebecca & Goldenberg, Aaron & Lewis, Michelle H. & Stark, Louisa & Burbank, Matthew & Wong, Bob & Botkin, Jeffrey R.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 7
- 949-957 Psychological pathways linking social support to health outcomes: A visit with the “ghosts” of research past, present, and future
by Uchino, Bert N. & Bowen, Kimberly & Carlisle, McKenzie & Birmingham, Wendy
- 958-965 Stress and health-related well-being among mothers with a low birth weight infant: The role of sleep
by Lee, Shih-Yu & Hsu, Hui-Chin
- 966-972 To have or not to have another child: Life cycle, health and cost considerations of Ghanaian women
by Kodzi, Ivy A. & Johnson, David R. & Casterline, John B.
- 973-981 The impact of birthplace on women’s birth experiences and perceptions of care
by Overgaard, Charlotte & Fenger-Grøn, Morten & Sandall, Jane
- 982-988 Decreased births among black female adolescents following school desegregation
by Liu, Sze Yan & Linkletter, Crystal D. & Loucks, Eric B. & Glymour, M. Maria & Buka, Stephen L.
- 989-996 Encouraging maternal health service utilization: An evaluation of the Bangladesh voucher program
by Nguyen, Ha T.H. & Hatt, Laurel & Islam, Mursaleena & Sloan, Nancy L. & Chowdhury, Jamil & Schmidt, Jean-Olivier & Hossain, Atia & Wang, Hong
- 997-1004 Interpretations of informed choice in antenatal screening: A cross-cultural, Q-methodology study
by Ahmed, Shenaz & Bryant, Louise D. & Tizro, Zahra & Shickle, Darren
- 1005-1012 “Because he has bought for her, he wants to sleep with her”: Alcohol as a currency for sexual exchange in South African drinking venues
by Watt, Melissa H. & Aunon, Frances M. & Skinner, Donald & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Pieterse, Desiree
- 1013-1020 “I'm too used to it”: A longitudinal qualitative study of third year female medical students' experiences of gendered encounters in medical education
by Babaria, Palav & Abedin, Sakena & Berg, David & Nunez-Smith, Marcella
- 1021-1028 Disciplined doctors: The electronic medical record and physicians' changing relationship to medical knowledge
by Reich, Adam
- 1029-1036 Medical pluralism and medical marginality: Bone doctors and the selective legitimation of therapeutic expertise in India
by Lambert, Helen
- 1037-1044 The ambivalence of stigma and the double-edged sword of HIV/AIDS intervention in Burkina Faso
by Gausset, Quentin & Mogensen, Hanne Overgaard & Yameogo, Wambi Maurice Evariste & Berthé, Abdramane & Konaté, Blahima
- 1045-1052 ‘Everybody is moving on’: Infertility, relationality and the aesthetics of family among British-Pakistani Muslims
by Hampshire, Katherine R. & Blell, Mwenza T. & Simpson, Bob
- 1053-1061 Is parental socio-economic status related to the initiation of substance abuse by young people in an English city? An event history analysis
by Sutherland, Alex
- 1062-1072 Effects of length of stay and language proficiency on health care experiences among Immigrants in Canada and the United States
by Lebrun, Lydie A.
- 1073-1081 Obesity, SES, and economic development: A test of the reversal hypothesis
by Pampel, Fred C. & Denney, Justin T. & Krueger, Patrick M.
- 1082-1090 Place matters: Neighborhood deprivation and cardiometabolic risk factors in the Diabetes Study of Northern California (DISTANCE)
by Laraia, Barbara A. & Karter, Andrew J. & Warton, E. Margaret & Schillinger, Dean & Moffet, Howard H. & Adler, Nancy
- 1091-1098 Income inequality and self-rated health in Stockholm, Sweden: A test of the ‘income inequality hypothesis’ on two levels of aggregation
by Rostila, Mikael & Kölegård, Maria L. & Fritzell, Johan
- 1099-1106 Multilevel analysis of income, income inequalities and health in Spain
by Karlsdotter, Kristina & Martín Martín, José J. & López del Amo González, M. Puerto
- 1107-1116 Marital dissolution and self-rated health: Age trajectories and birth cohort variations
by Liu, Hui
- 1117-1124 Comparing self-rated health and self-assessed change in health in a longitudinal survey: Which is more valid?
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 1125-1129 Aspirin use and cardiovascular events in social networks
by Strully, Kate W. & Fowler, James H. & Murabito, Joanne M. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Levy, Daniel & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1130-1138 Project-induced displacement, secondary stressors, and health
by Cao, Yue & Hwang, Sean-Shong & Xi, Juan
2012, Volume 74, Issue 6
- 812-821 How is health-related “deservingness” reckoned? Perspectives from unauthorized im/migrants in Tel Aviv
by Willen, Sarah S.
- 822-829 Beyond welfare reform: Reframing undocumented immigrants’ entitlement to health care in the United States, a critical review
by Viladrich, Anahí
- 830-838 “Over-Foreignization” or “Unused Potential”? A critical review of migrant health in Germany and responses toward unauthorized migration
by Castañeda, Heide
- 839-845 Medical humanitarianism, human rights and political advocacy: The case of the Israeli Open Clinic
by Gottlieb, Nora & Filc, Dani & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 846-854 Deserving to a point: Unauthorized immigrants in San Francisco’s universal access healthcare model
by Marrow, Helen B.
- 858-863 Intangible obstacles: Health implications of stigmatization, structural violence, and fear among undocumented immigrants in France
by Larchanché, Stéphanie
- 864-872 Exploitation, vulnerability to tuberculosis and access to treatment among Uzbek labor migrants in Kazakhstan
by Huffman, Samantha A. & Veen, Jaap & Hennink, Monique M. & McFarland, Deborah A.
- 873-881 The clinical gaze in the practice of migrant health: Mexican migrants in the United States
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 882-886 Deservingness to state health services for South–South migrants: A preliminary study of Costa Rican providers’ views
by Goldade, Kate & Okuyemi, Kolawole S.
- 887-893 Undocumented immigrants and their use of medical services in Orange County, California
by Chavez, Leo R.
- 897-906 The impact of migration in all-cause mortality: The Turin Longitudinal Study, 1971–2005
by Rasulo, Domenica & Spadea, Teresa & Onorati, Roberta & Costa, Giuseppe
- 907-914 Loneliness, health, and mortality in old age: A national longitudinal study
by Luo, Ye & Hawkley, Louise C. & Waite, Linda J. & Cacioppo, John T.
- 915-922 Stereotypes of mental disorders differ in competence and warmth
by Sadler, Melody S. & Meagor, Elizabeth L. & Kaye, Kimberly E.
- 923-929 Socioeconomic status and the development of depressive symptoms from childhood to adulthood: A longitudinal analysis across 27 years of follow-up in the Young Finns study
by Elovainio, Marko & Pulkki-Råback, Laura & Jokela, Markus & Kivimäki, Mika & Hintsanen, Mirka & Hintsa, Taina & Viikari, Jorma & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 930-939 Social determinants of health – A question of social or economic capital? Interaction effects of socioeconomic factors on health outcomes
by Ahnquist, Johanna & Wamala, Sarah P. & Lindstrom, Martin
- 940-947 Community Health Workers in Brazil’s Unified Health System: A framework of their praxis and contributions to patient health behaviors
by Pinto, Rogério M. & da Silva, Sueli Bulhões & Soriano, Rafaela
2012, Volume 74, Issue 5
- 688-695 Economic growth and health progress in England and Wales: 160 years of a changing relation
by Tapia Granados, José A.
- 696-706 Social support, volunteering and health around the world: Cross-national evidence from 139 countries
by Kumar, Santosh & Calvo, Rocio & Avendano, Mauricio & Sivaramakrishnan, Kavita & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 707-714 Utilization of epidemiological research for the development of local public health policy in the Netherlands: A case study approach
by de Goede, Joyce & Putters, Kim & van Oers, Hans
- 715-723 Practitioner opinions on health promotion interventions that work: Opening the ‘black box’ of a linear evidence-based approach
by Kok, Maarten O. & Vaandrager, Lenneke & Bal, Roland & Schuit, Jantine
- 724-733 Coping with health care expenses among poor households: Evidence from a rural commune in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Kim Thuy & Hai Khuat, Oanh Thi & Ma, Shuangge & Pham, Duc Cuong & Hong Khuat, Giang Thi & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 734-743 Socioeconomic pathways to depressive symptoms in adulthood: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1979
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & Taylor, Miles
- 744-752 Chinese and Korean immigrants’ early life deprivation: An important factor for child feeding practices and children’s body weight in the United States
by Cheah, Charissa S.L. & Van Hook, Jennifer
- 757-766 Protective factors and predictors of vulnerability to chronic stress: A comparative study of 4 communities after 7 years of continuous rocket fire
by Gelkopf, Marc & Berger, Rony & Bleich, Avraham & Silver, Roxane Cohen
- 767-774 Scientific tools, fake treatments, or triggers for psychological healing: How clinical trial participants conceptualise placebos
by Bishop, Felicity L. & Jacobson, Eric E. & Shaw, Jessica R. & Kaptchuk, Ted J.
- 775-782 A ‘beautiful death’: Mortality, death, and holidays in a Mexican municipality
by Wilches-Gutiérrez, José L. & Arenas-Monreal, Luz & Paulo-Maya, Alfredo & Peláez-Ballestas, Ingris & Idrovo, Alvaro J.
- 783-787 Therapeutic landscapes and postcolonial theory: A theoretical approach to medical tourism
by Buzinde, Christine N. & Yarnal, Careen
- 788-795 Medical ideology as a double-edged sword: The politics of cure and care in the making of Alzheimer’s disease
by Chaufan, Claudia & Hollister, Brooke & Nazareno, Jennifer & Fox, Patrick
- 796-804 ‘Doing the "Right" Thing’: How parents experience and manage decision-making for children’s ‘Normalising’ surgeries
by Nelson, Pauline Anne & Caress, Ann-Louise & Glenny, Anne-Marie & Kirk, Susan A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 4
- 466-473 Sociological autopsy: An integrated approach to the study of suicide in men
by Scourfield, Jonathan & Fincham, Ben & Langer, Susanne & Shiner, Michael
- 474-481 Better dead than dishonored: Masculinity and male suicidal behavior in contemporary Ghana
by Adinkrah, Mensah
- 482-489 Understanding boys’: Thinking through boys, masculinity and suicide
by Mac an Ghaill, Mairtin & Haywood, Chris
- 490-497 Reprint of: Bullying victimisation, self harm and associated factors in Irish adolescent boys
by McMahon, Elaine M. & Reulbach, Udo & Keeley, Helen & Perry, Ivan J. & Arensman, Ella
- 498-505 Suicidal action, emotional expression, and the performance of masculinities
by Cleary, Anne
- 506-514 “You feel like you can’t live anymore”: Suicide from the perspectives of Canadian men who experience depression
by Oliffe, John L. & Ogrodniczuk, John S. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Johnson, Joy L. & Hoyak, Kristy
- 515-522 Rural male suicide in Australia
by Alston, Margaret
- 523-529 Men’s sexual orientation and suicide: Evidence for U.S. adolescent-specific risk
by Russell, Stephen T. & Toomey, Russell B.
- 530-536 Suicide, social integration, and masculinity in the U.S. military
by Braswell, Harold & Kushner, Howard I.
- 537-545 Women at war: Understanding how women veterans cope with combat and military sexual trauma
by Mattocks, Kristin M. & Haskell, Sally G. & Krebs, Erin E. & Justice, Amy C. & Yano, Elizabeth M. & Brandt, Cynthia
- 546-553 Being differently the same: The mediation of identity tensions in the sharing of illness experiences
by Mazanderani, Fadhila & Locock, Louise & Powell, John
- 554-564 Determinants, self-management strategies and interventions for hope in people with mental disorders: Systematic search and narrative review
by Schrank, Beate & Bird, Victoria & Rudnick, Abraham & Slade, Mike
- 565-573 Rebelling against the brain: Public engagement with the ‘neurological adolescent’
by Choudhury, Suparna & McKinney, Kelly A. & Merten, Moritz
- 574-581 Understanding the outcomes of multi-centre clinical trials: A qualitative study of health professional experiences and views
by Lawton, Julia & Jenkins, Nicholas & Darbyshire, Julie & Farmer, Andrew & Holman, Rury & Hallowell, Nina
- 582-587 Key concepts relevant to quality of complex and shared decision-making in health care: A literature review
by Dy, Sydney M. & Purnell, Tanjala S.
- 588-596 Disability, participation, and subjective wellbeing among older couples
by Freedman, Vicki A. & Stafford, Frank & Schwarz, Norbert & Conrad, Frederick & Cornman, Jennifer C.
- 597-606 Social stratification and adolescent overweight in the United States: How income and educational resources matter across families and schools
by Martin, Molly A. & Frisco, Michelle L. & Nau, Claudia & Burnett, Kristin
- 607-615 Social strain and cortisol regulation in midlife in the US
by Friedman, Esther M. & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Almeida, David M. & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 616-624 Examining the differential association between self-rated health and area deprivation among white British and ethnic minority people in England
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Albor, Christo & Chandola, Tarani & Stafford, Mai
- 625-636 Health disparities in mid-to-late life: The role of earlier life family and neighborhood socioeconomic conditions
by Johnson, Rucker C. & Schoeni, Robert F. & Rogowski, Jeannette A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 273-280 Let’s dance: Organization studies, medical sociology and health policy
by Currie, Graeme & Dingwall, Robert & Kitchener, Martin & Waring, Justin
- 281-288 A critical account of the rise and spread of ‘leadership’: The case of UK healthcare
by Martin, Graham P. & Learmonth, Mark
- 289-296 Reactivity and reactions to regulatory transparency in medicine, psychotherapy and counselling
by McGivern, Gerry & Fischer, Michael D.
- 297-304 Exploring knowledge exchange: A useful framework for practice and policy
by Ward, Vicky & Smith, Simon & House, Allan & Hamer, Susan
- 305-312 Addressing complex healthcare problems in diverse settings: Insights from activity theory
by Greig, Gail & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Beech, Nic
- 313-322 Public, private, neither, both? Publicness theory and the analysis of healthcare organisations
by Anderson, Stuart
- 323-331 The effects of institutional change on geographic variation and health services use in the USA
by Nigam, Amit
- 332-339 Dialogues and dialetics: Limits to clinician–manager interaction in healthcare organizations
by MacIntosh, Robert & Beech, Nic & Martin, Graeme
- 340-347 A new mode of organizing in health care? Governmentality and managed networks in cancer services in England
by Ferlie, Ewan & Mcgivern, Gerry & FitzGerald, Louise
- 348-355 The role of the organizational champion in achieving health system change
by Hendy, Jane & Barlow, James
- 356-363 The role of institutional entrepreneurs in reforming healthcare
by Lockett, Andy & Currie, Graeme & Waring, Justin & Finn, Rachael & Martin, Graham
- 364-371 Lean in healthcare: The unfilled promise?
by Radnor, Zoe J. & Holweg, Matthias & Waring, Justin
- 372-380 Professional projects and institutional change in healthcare: The case of American dentistry
by Kitchener, Martin & Mertz, Elizabeth
- 381-389 The implementation of a global fund grant in Lesotho: Applying a framework on knowledge absorptive capacity
by Biesma, Regien & Makoa, Elsie & Mpemi, Regina & Tsekoa, Lineo & Odonkor, Philip & Brugha, Ruairi
- 390-398 Structural violence in long-term, residential care for older people: Comparing Canada and Scandinavia
by Banerjee, Albert & Daly, Tamara & Armstrong, Pat & Szebehely, Marta & Armstrong, Hugh & Lafrance, Stirling
- 399-407 State-level income inequality and family burden of US families raising children with special health care needs
by Parish, Susan L. & Rose, Roderick A. & Dababnah, Sarah & Yoo, Joan & Cassiman, Shawn A.
- 408-415 The pervasive effects of racism: Experiences of racial discrimination in New Zealand over time and associations with multiple health domains
by Harris, Ricci & Cormack, Donna & Tobias, Martin & Yeh, Li-Chia & Talamaivao, Natalie & Minster, Joanna & Timutimu, Roimata
- 416-424 Resilience from the point of view of older people: ‘There's still life beyond a funny knee’
by Wiles, Janine L. & Wild, Kirsty & Kerse, Ngaire & Allen, Ruth E.S.
- 425-433 “Back then” and “nowadays”: Social transition narratives in accounts of injecting drug use in an East European setting
by Rhodes, Tim & Bivol, Stela
- 434-443 Taming troubled teens: The social production of mental morbidity amongst young mothers in Pelotas, Brazil
by Béhague, D.P. & Gonçalves, H.D. & Gigante, D. & Kirkwood, B.R.
- 444-451 Altered social cohesion and adverse psychological experiences with chronic food insecurity in the non-market economy and complex households of Burkina Faso
by Nanama, Siméon & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 452-459 Women’s social networks and birth attendant decisions: Application of the Network-Episode Model
by Edmonds, Joyce K. & Hruschka, Daniel & Bernard, H. Russell & Sibley, Lynn
2012, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 103-111 Domestic violence and child nutrition in Liberia
by Sobkoviak, Rudina M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Halim, Nafisa
- 112-119 Emotion awareness and coping in children with functional abdominal pain: A controlled study
by van der Veek, Shelley M.C. & Derkx, H.H.F. & de Haan, Else & Benninga, Marc A. & Boer, Frits
- 120-124 Maternal leave policies and vaccination coverage: A global analysis
by Daku, Mark & Raub, Amy & Heymann, Jody
- 125-134 Canaries in a coalmine: Immigration and overweight among Mexican-origin children in the US and Mexico
by Van Hook, Jennifer & Baker, Elizabeth & Altman, Claire E. & Frisco, Michelle L.
- 135-142 Household migration, social support, and psychosocial health: The perspective from migrant-sending areas
by Lu, Yao
- 143-149 Beyond symptoms: Defining primary care mental health clinical assessment priorities, content and process
by Lynch, Johanna M. & Askew, Deborah A. & Mitchell, Geoffrey K. & Hegarty, Kelsey L.
- 150-157 Five years later: Recovery from post traumatic stress and psychological distress among low-income mothers affected by Hurricane Katrina
by Paxson, Christina & Fussell, Elizabeth & Rhodes, Jean & Waters, Mary
- 158-166 Long-term association of economic inequality and mortality in adult Costa Ricans
by Modrek, Sepideh & Dow, William H. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 167-175 Coupling infectious diseases, human preventive behavior, and networks – A conceptual framework for epidemic modeling
by Mao, Liang & Yang, Yan
- 176-184 Health information seeking and use outside of the medical encounter: Is it associated with race and ethnicity?
by Rooks, Ronica N. & Wiltshire, Jacqueline C. & Elder, Keith & BeLue, Rhonda & Gary, Lisa C.
- 185-195 Exploring the connections between HIV serostatus and individual, household, and community socioeconomic resources: Evidence from two population-based surveys in Kenya
by Ishida, Kanako & Arnold, Michael & Stupp, Paul & Kizito, Paul & Ichwara, Jared
- 196-201 Rising preterm birth rates, 1989–2004: Changing demographics or changing obstetric practice?
by VanderWeele, Tyler J. & Lantos, John D. & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 202-210 Social capital and social inequality in adolescents’ health in 601 Flemish communities: A multilevel analysis
by De Clercq, B. & Vyncke, V. & Hublet, A. & Elgar, F.J. & Ravens-Sieberer, U. & Currie, C. & Hooghe, M. & Ieven, A. & Maes, L.
- 211-219 Disability and dignity-enabling home environments
by Gibson, Barbara E. & Secker, Barbara & Rolfe, Debbie & Wagner, Frank & Parke, Bob & Mistry, Bhavnita
- 220-227 Model of health? Distributed preparedness and multi-agency interventions surrounding UK regional airports
by Warren, Adam & Bell, Morag & Budd, Lucy
- 228-235 Network structures and their relevance to the policy cycle: A case study of The National Male Health Policy of Australia
by Holden, Carol A. & Lin, Vivian
- 236-244 Capitals and capabilities: Linking structure and agency to reduce health inequalities
by Abel, Thomas & Frohlich, Katherine L.
- 245-253 The politics of place(ment): Problematising the provision of hepatitis C treatment within opiate substitution clinics
by Rance, Jake & Newland, Jamee & Hopwood, Max & Treloar, Carla
- 254-262 How does the business cycle affect eating habits?
by Dave, Dhaval M. & Kelly, Inas Rashad
- 263-272 Medical innovation and age-specific trends in health care utilization: Findings and implications
by Wong, Albert & Wouterse, Bram & Slobbe, Laurentius C.J. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Polder, Johan J.