Social Science & Medicine
2011, Volume 73, Issue 7
- 978-985 An extension in eligibility for free primary care and avoidable hospitalisations: A natural experiment
by Nolan, Anne
- 986-994 Product development public–private partnerships for public health: A systematic review using qualitative data
by De Pinho Campos, Katia & Norman, Cameron D. & Jadad, Alejandro R.
- 995-1002 Living in the “land of no”? Consumer perceptions of healthy lifestyle portrayals in direct-to-consumer advertisements of prescription drugs
by Frosch, Dominick L. & May, Suepattra G. & Tietbohl, Caroline & Pagán, José A.
- 1003-1013 Difficulties leaving home: A cross-sectional study of delays in seeking emergency obstetric care in Herat, Afghanistan
by Hirose, Atsumi & Borchert, Matthias & Niksear, Homa & Alkozai, Ahmad Shah & Cox, Jonathan & Gardiner, Julian & Osmani, Khadija Ruina & Filippi, Véronique
- 1014-1018 Newborn screening and maternal diagnosis: Rethinking family benefit
by Buchbinder, Mara & Timmermans, Stefan
- 1019-1027 Racial taxonomy in genomics
by Bliss, Catherine
- 1028-1036 How surgeons design treatment recommendations in orthopaedic surgery
by Hudak, Pamela L. & Clark, Shannon J. & Raymond, Geoffrey
- 1037-1044 “All Cubans are doctors!” news coverage of health and bioexceptionalism in Cuba
by Briggs, Charles L.
- 1045-1053 Responding to racism: Insights on how racism can damage health from an urban study of Australian Aboriginal people
by Ziersch, Anna M. & Gallaher, Gilbert & Baum, Fran & Bentley, Michael
- 1054-1061 “Meet me at the hill where we used to park”: Interpersonal processes associated with victim recantation
by Bonomi, Amy E. & Gangamma, Rashmi & Locke, Chris R. & Katafiasz, Heather & Martin, David
- 1062-1070 Dynamics of stigma in abortion work: Findings from a pilot study of the Providers Share Workshop
by Harris, Lisa Hope & Debbink, Michelle & Martin, Lisa & Hassinger, Jane
- 1071-1079 The effect of food insecurity on mental health: Panel evidence from rural Zambia
by Cole, Steven M. & Tembo, Gelson
- 1080-1087 Community resilience, quality childcare, and preschoolers’ mental health: A three-city comparison
by Maggi, Stefania & Roberts, William & MacLennan, David & D’Angiulli, Amedeo
- 1088-1096 Childhood socio-economic status and the onset, persistence, and severity of DSM-IV mental disorders in a US national sample
by McLaughlin, Katie A. & Breslau, Joshua & Green, Jennifer Greif & Lakoma, Matthew D. & Sampson, Nancy A. & Zaslavsky, Alan M. & Kessler, Ronald C.
- 1097-1104 Individual, study, and neighborhood level characteristics associated with peer recruitment of young illicit drug users in New York City: Optimizing respondent driven sampling
by Rudolph, Abby E. & Crawford, Natalie D. & Latkin, Carl & White, Kellee & Benjamin, Ebele O. & Jones, Kandice & Fuller, Crystal M.
- 1105-1112 The global financial crisis and psychological health in a sample of Australian older adults: A longitudinal study
by Sargent-Cox, Kerry & Butterworth, Peter & Anstey, Kaarin J.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 6
- 793-800 Towards a sociology of diagnosis: Reflections and opportunities
by Jutel, Annemarie & Nettleton, Sarah
- 801-807 Diagnosis and nosology in primary care
by Armstrong, David
- 808-815 Risk, significance and biomedicalisation of a new population: Older women's experience of osteoporosis screening
by Salter, Charlotte Ingrid & Howe, Amanda & McDaid, Lisa & Blacklock, Jeanette & Lenaghan, Elizabeth & Shepstone, Lee
- 816-824 Regulating diagnosis in post-genomic medicine: Re-aligning clinical judgment?
by Bourret, Pascale & Keating, Peter & Cambrosio, Alberto
- 825-832 'Get with the Program!': Pharmaceutical marketing, symptom checklists and self-diagnosis
by Ebeling, Mary
- 833-842 Listening to Lyrica: contested illnesses and pharmaceutical determinism
by Barker, Kristin K.
- 843-850 Patchwork diagnoses: The production of coherence, uncertainty, and manageable bodies
by Gardner, John & Dew, Kevin & Stubbe, Maria & Dowell, Tony & Macdonald, Lindsay
- 851-857 Making sure. A comparative micro-analysis of diagnostic instruments in medical practice
by Schubert, Cornelius
- 858-865 Diagnosis, psychiatry and neurology: The case of Huntington Disease
by Halpin, Michael
- 866-872 "Morphology is a witness which doesn't lie": Diagnosis by similarity relation and analogical inference in clinical forensic medicine
by Rees, Gethin
- 873-881 Medical residents' use of narrative templates in storytelling and diagnosis
by Davenport, Nancy H.M.
- 882-888 Biopolitical endpoints: Diagnosing a deserving British nuclear test veteran
by Trundle, Catherine
- 889-896 A disorder of anger and aggression: Children's perspectives on attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder in the UK
by Singh, Ilina
- 897-903 Cancer diagnosis as discursive capture: Phenomenological repercussions of being positioned within dominant constructions of cancer
by Willig, Carla
- 904-911 Managing hope, denial or temporal anomie? Informal cancer carers' accounts of spouses' cancer diagnoses
by Olson, Rebecca Eileen
- 912-921 Bad news and first impressions: Patient and family caregiver accounts of learning the cancer diagnosis
by Schaepe, Karen Sue
- 922-928 Talking about colds and flu: The lay diagnosis of two common illnesses among older British people
by Prior, Lindsay & Evans, Meirion R. & Prout, Hayley
- 929-938 Constructing illness: How the public in eight Western nations respond to a clinical description of "schizophrenia"
by Olafsdottir, Sigrun & Pescosolido, Bernice A.
- 939-943 From diagnosis to social diagnosis
by Brown, Phil & Lyson, Mercedes & Jenkins, Tania
2011, Volume 73, Issue 5
- 625-628 The promise of human rights for global health: A programmed deception? A commentary on Schrecker, Chapman, Labonté and De Vogli (2010) "Advancing health equity in the global market place: How human rights can help"
by Reubi, David
- 629-631 Health and human rights against the marketplace: A response to Reubi
by Schrecker, Ted & Chapman, Audrey R. & Labonte, Ronald & De Vogli, Roberto
- 632-635 Agency versus structure: Genetics, group membership, and a new twist on an old debate
by Angel, Ronald J.
- 636-638 Horses for courses: The need for pragmatism and realism as well as balance and caution. A commentary on Angel
by Craddock, Nick
- 639-642 Agency versus structure or nature versus nurture: When the new twist on an old debate is not that new after all: A commentary on Angel
by Fotaki, Marianna
- 643-644 A response to the commentaries by Craddock and Fotaki
by Angel, Ronald J.
- 645-654 What's at stake? Genetic information from the perspective of people with epilepsy and their family members
by Shostak, Sara & Zarhin, Dana & Ottman, Ruth
- 655-662 Institutional policy learning and public consultation: The Canadian xenotransplantation experience
by Jones, Mavis & Einsiedel, Edna
- 663-667 The relationship between social networks and pathways to kidney transplant parity: Evidence from black Americans in Chicago
by Browne, Teri
- 668-675 The problem of "significant risk": Exploring the public health impact of criminalizing HIV non-disclosure
by Mykhalovskiy, Eric
- 676-684 The perils of polycentric governance of infectious disease in South Africa
by Lieberman, Evan S.
- 685-692 Health and welfare effects of integrating AIDS treatment with food assistance in resource constrained settings: A systematic review of theory and evidence
by Tirivayi, Nyasha & Groot, Wim
- 693-701 Nothing can defeat combined hands (Abashize hamwe ntakibananira): Protective processes and resilience in Rwandan children and families affected by HIV/AIDS
by Betancourt, Theresa Stichick & Meyers-Ohki, Sarah & Stulac, Sara N. & Elizabeth Barrera, Amy & Mushashi, Christina & Beardslee, William R.
- 702-710 Out of the reach of children? Young people's health-seeking practices and agency in Africa's newly-emerging therapeutic landscapes
by Hampshire, Kate R. & Porter, Gina & Owusu, Samuel Asiedu & Tanle, Augustine & Abane, Albert
- 711-718 Early life undernutrition and chronic diseases at older ages: The effects of the Dutch famine on cardiovascular diseases and diabetes
by Portrait, France & Teeuwiszen, Erica & Deeg, Dorly
- 719-728 How physical activity shapes, and is shaped by, adolescent friendships
by de la Haye, Kayla & Robins, Garry & Mohr, Philip & Wilson, Carlene
- 729-736 Unfulfilled expectations and symptoms of depression among young adults
by Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 737-743 Moving to Opportunity: Does long-term exposure to 'low-poverty' neighborhoods make a difference for adolescents?
by Leventhal, Tama & Dupéré, Véronique
- 744-751 Migration and mortality trajectories: A study of individuals born in the rural community of Överkalix, Sweden
by Tinghög, Petter & Carstensen, John & Kaati, Gunnar & Edvinsson, Sören & Sjöström, Michael & Bygren, Lars Olov
- 752-758 Sociodemographic and geographic variability in smoking in the U.S.: A multilevel analysis of the 2006-2007 Current Population Survey, Tobacco Use Supplement
by Chahine, T. & Subramanian, S.V. & Levy, J.I.
- 759-767 Religious social capital: Its measurement and utility in the study of the social determinants of health
by Maselko, Joanna & Hughes, Cayce & Cheney, Rose
- 768-774 Indices of socioeconomic position across the life course as predictors of coronary calcification in black and white men and women: Coronary artery risk development in young adults study
by Matthews, Karen A. & Schwartz, Joseph E. & Cohen, Sheldon
- 775-782 "He's more typically female because he's not afraid to cry": Connecting heterosexual gender relations and men's depression
by Oliffe, John L. & Kelly, Mary T. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Johnson, Joy L. & Wong, Sabrina T.
- 783-792 Dyadic planning of health-behavior change after prostatectomy: A randomized-controlled planning intervention
by Burkert, Silke & Scholz, Urte & Gralla, Oliver & Roigas, Jan & Knoll, Nina
2011, Volume 73, Issue 4
- 483-490 Health status and health care utilization following collective trauma: A 3-year national study of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States
by Holman, E. Alison & Silver, Roxane Cohen
- 491-497 Vulnerability to fat-stigma in women's everyday relationships
by Brewis, Alexandra A. & Hruschka, Daniel J. & Wutich, Amber
- 498-506 Labeling of mental disorders and stigma in young people
by Wright, Annemarie & Jorm, Anthony F. & Mackinnon, Andrew J.
- 507-514 Dichotomies of collectivism and individualism in bioethics: Selective abortion debates and issues of self-determination in Japan and 'the West'
by Kato, Masae & Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret
- 515-521 Theorising the 'human subject' in biomedical research: International clinical trials and bioethics discourses in contemporary Sri Lanka
by Sariola, Salla & Simpson, Bob
- 522-529 Innovation and the English National Health Service: A qualitative study of the independent sector treatment centre programme
by Turner, Simon & Allen, Pauline & Bartlett, Will & Pérotin, Virginie
- 530-534 Prevention better than cure? Health consumer and patients' organisations and public health
by Baggott, Rob & Jones, Kathryn L.
- 535-539 Physician-leaders and hospital performance: Is there an association?
by Goodall, Amanda H.
- 540-549 Bypassing health providers: The quest for better price and quality of health care in Chad
by Gauthier, Bernard & Wane, Waly
- 550-558 Dynamics of social health insurance development: Examining the determinants of Chinese basic health insurance coverage with panel data
by Liu, Jun-Qiang
- 559-567 Does the financial protection of health insurance vary across providers? Vietnam's experience
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Sarma, Sisira & Oguzoglu, Umut
- 568-575 Mortality among the working age population receiving incapacity benefits in New Zealand, 1981-2004
by Shaw, Caroline & Blakely, Tony & Tobias, Martin
- 576-585 Trends in malnutrition among children in India: Growing inequalities across different economic groups
by Pathak, Praveen Kumar & Singh, Abhishek
- 586-594 The impact of Immigration and Customs Enforcement on immigrant health: Perceptions of immigrants in Everett, Massachusetts, USA
by Hacker, Karen & Chu, Jocelyn & Leung, Carolyn & Marra, Robert & Pirie, Alex & Brahimi, Mohamed & English, Margaret & Beckmann, Joshua & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Marlin, Robert P.
- 595-603 Sex inequalities in physical and mental functioning of British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants: Role of job demand, control and work hours
by Sekine, Michikazu & Tatsuse, Takashi & Kagamimori, Sadanobu & Chandola, Tarani & Cable, Noriko & Marmot, Michael & Martikainen, Pekka & Lallukka, Tea & Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 604-614 Socioeconomic status and depression across Japan, Korea, and China: Exploring the impact of labor market structures
by Nishimura, Junko
- 615-622 Sex, stressful life events, and adult onset depression and alcohol dependence: Are men and women equally vulnerable?
by Slopen, Natalie & Williams, David R. & Fitzmaurice, Garrett M. & Gilman, Stephen E.
- 623-623 Corrigendum to: "Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China." [Social Science & Medicine, 72 (2011), 1884-1892]
by Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 351-355 Has HIV/AIDS displaced other health funding priorities? Evidence from a new dataset of development aid for health
by Lordan, Grace & Tang, Kam Ki & Carmignani, Fabrizio
- 356-358 Apparent displacement of global health funding priorities: Time for some difficult decisions? A commentary on Lordan, Tang and Carmignani
by Berlan, David & Halperin, Daniel T.
- 359-366 Moving towards universal health insurance in China: Performance, issues and lessons from Thailand
by Li, Cheng & Yu, Xuan & Butler, James R.G. & Yiengprugsawan, Vasoontara & Yu, Min
- 367-374 From consent to institutions: Designing adaptive governance for genomic biobanks
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Burgess, Michael M. & Edwards, Kelly & Gallagher, Richard P. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Kaye, Jane & McCaffrey, Veronica & Winickoff, David E.
- 375-382 Diagnostic decision making: The last refuge for general practitioners?
by Weiss, Marjorie Cecilia
- 383-390 Exercising choice: The economic determinants of physical activity behaviour of an employed population
by Brown, Heather & Roberts, Jennifer
- 391-398 Adolescents' expectations for the future predict health behaviors in early adulthood
by McDade, Thomas W. & Chyu, Laura & Duncan, Greg J. & Hoyt, Lindsay T. & Doane, Leah D. & Adam, Emma K.
- 399-409 Workaholism and well-being among Japanese dual-earner couples: A spillover-crossover perspective
by Shimazu, Akihito & Demerouti, Evangelia & Bakker, Arnold B. & Shimada, Kyoko & Kawakami, Norito
- 410-420 Environmental justice and health: A study of multiple environmental deprivation and geographical inequalities in health in New Zealand
by Pearce, Jamie R. & Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard J. & Shortt, Niamh K.
- 421-428 Healthier before they migrate, less healthy when they return? The health of returned migrants in Mexico
by Ullmann, S. Heidi & Goldman, Noreen & Massey, Douglas S.
- 429-435 Maternal education and adverse birth outcomes among immigrant women to the United States from Eastern Europe: A test of the healthy migrant hypothesis
by Janevic, T. & Savitz, D.A. & Janevic, M.
- 436-446 Household and community HIV/AIDS status and child malnutrition in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from the demographic and health surveys
by Magadi, Monica A.
- 447-455 Does maternal autonomy influence feeding practices and infant growth in rural India?
by Shroff, Monal R. & Griffiths, Paula L. & Suchindran, Chirayath & Nagalla, Balakrishna & Vazir, Shahnaz & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 456-466 Mental health interventions for children in adversity: Pilot-testing a research strategy for treatment selection in low-income settings
by Jordans, M.J.D. & Tol, W.A. & Komproe, I.H.
- 467-474 Human rights and universal access for men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs: A qualitative analysis of the 2010 UNGASS narrative country progress reports
by Persson, Asha & Ellard, Jeanne & Newman, Christy & Holt, Martin & de Wit, John
- 475-481 More than a dance: The production of sexual health risk in the exotic dance clubs in Baltimore, USA
by Sherman, Susan G. & Lilleston, Pamela & Reuben, Jacqueline
2011, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 185-192 The use of standard contracts in the English National Health Service: A case study analysis
by Petsoulas, Christina & Allen, Pauline & Hughes, David & Vincent-Jones, Peter & Roberts, Jennifer
- 193-200 Resisting market-inspired reform in healthcare: The role of professional subcultures in medicine
by Martinussen, Pål Erling & Magnussen, Jon
- 201-208 Empowerment in drug treatment: Dilemmas in implementing policy in welfareÂ institutions
by Frank, Vibeke Asmussen & Bjerge, Bagga
- 209-216 Stock options, tax credits or employment contracts please! The value of deliberative public disagreement about human tissue donation
by Walmsley, Heather L.
- 217-225 Policy and practice in the use of root cause analysis to investigate clinical adverse events: Mind the gap
by Nicolini, Davide & Waring, Justin & Mengis, Jeanne
- 226-234 Mothers' preferences and willingness to pay for HPV vaccines in Vinh Long Province, Vietnam
by Poulos, Christine & Yang, Jui-Chen & Levin, Carol & Van Minh, Hoang & Giang, Kim Bao & Nguyen, Diep
- 235-244 Estimating the economic impact of pandemic influenza: An application of the computable general equilibrium model to the UK
by Smith, Richard D. & Keogh-Brown, Marcus R. & Barnett, Tony
- 245-253 The impact of adding an extra dimension to a preference-based measure
by Brazier, John & Rowen, Donna & Tsuchiya, Aki & Yang, Yaling & Young, Tracy A.
- 254-263 Differences in health between Americans and Western Europeans: Effects on longevity and public finance
by Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Goldman, Dana & Lakdawalla, Darius & Gailey, Adam & Zheng, Yuhui
- 264-273 The importance of gender and conceptualization for understanding the association between collective social capital and health: A multilevel analysis from northern Sweden
by Eriksson, Malin & Ng, Nawi & Weinehall, Lars & Emmelin, Maria
- 274-281 Deliberate self-harm in rural and urban regions: A comparative study of prevalence and patient characteristics
by Harriss, Louise & Hawton, Keith
- 282-292 Familial instability and young children's physical health
by Bzostek, Sharon H. & Beck, Audrey N.
- 293-300 Do changes in parent mental health explain trends in youth emotional problems?
by Schepman, Karen & Collishaw, Stephan & Gardner, Frances & Maughan, Barbara & Scott, Jacqueline & Pickles, Andrew
- 301-307 "Too much of that stuff can't be good": Canadian teens, morality, and fast food consumption
by McPhail, Deborah & Chapman, Gwen E. & Beagan, Brenda L.
- 308-315 Changes in reciprocal support provision and need-based support from partners of patients undergoing radical prostatectomy
by Knoll, Nina & Burkert, Silke & Roigas, Jan & Gralla, Oliver
- 316-326 Work-related critical incidents in hospital-based health care providers and the risk of post-traumatic stress symptoms, anxiety, and depression: A meta-analysis
by de Boer, Jacoba (Coby) & Lok, Anja & van't Verlaat, Ellen & Duivenvoorden, Hugo J. & Bakker, Arnold B. & Smit, Bert J.
- 327-335 Human trafficking and health: A conceptual model to inform policy, intervention and research
by Zimmerman, Cathy & Hossain, Mazeda & Watts, Charlotte
- 336-342 "They don't want our blood": Social inclusion and blood donation among African migrants in Australia
by Polonsky, Michael Jay & Brijnath, Bianca & Renzaho, André M.N.
- 343-350 Structural determinants of adolescent girls' vulnerability to HIV: Views from community members in Botswana, Malawi, and Mozambique
by Underwood, Carol & Skinner, Joanna & Osman, Nadia & Schwandt, Hilary
2011, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-5 Relationship between distance to social gathering facilities and risk of trachoma for households in rural Tanzanian communities
by Montgomery, Maggie A. & Desai, Mayur M. & Groce, Nora E. & Elimelech, Menachem
- 6-12 School-based friendship networks and children's physical activity: A spatial analytical approach
by Macdonald-Wallis, Kyle & Jago, Russell & Page, Angie S. & Brockman, Rowan & Thompson, Janice L.
- 13-21 Hispanic immigrant women's perspective on healthy foods and the New York City retail food environment: A mixed-method study
by Park, Yoosun & Quinn, James & Florez, Karen & Jacobson, Judith & Neckerman, Kathryn & Rundle, Andrew
- 22-32 Determinants and beliefs of health information mavens among a lower-socioeconomic position and minority population
by Kontos, Emily Z. & Emmons, Karen M. & Puleo, Elaine & Viswanath, K.
- 33-41 Democracy and growth in divided societies: A health-inequality trap?
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Basu, Sanjay & Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin & Stuckler, David
- 42-49 The neighborhood context of relative position, trust, and self-rated health
by Bjornstrom, Eileen E.S.
- 50-59 Comparing social determinants of self-rated health across the United States and Canada
by Prus, Steven G.
- 60-67 Critical health literacy: A review and critical analysis
by Chinn, Deborah
- 68-78 Protecting the health of employees caring for family members with special health care needs
by Earle, Alison & Heymann, Jody
- 79-86 Violence against women is strongly associated with suicide attempts: Evidence from the WHO multi-country study on women's health and domestic violence against women
by Devries, Karen & Watts, Charlotte & Yoshihama, Mieko & Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Deyessa, Negussie & Heise, Lori & Durand, Julia & Mbwambo, Jessie & Jansen, Henrica & Berhane, Yemane & Ellsberg, Mary & Garcia-Moreno, Claudia
- 87-94 Infertility treatment and fertility-specific distress: A longitudinal analysis of a population-based sample of U.S. women
by Greil, Arthur L. & McQuillan, Julia & Lowry, Michele & Shreffler, Karina M.
- 95-102 Culture, gender and health care stigma: Practitioners' response to facial masking experienced by people with Parkinson's disease
by Tickle-Degnen, Linda & Zebrowitz, Leslie A. & Ma, Hui-ing
- 103-110 Sakit Hati: A state of chronic mental distress related to resentment and anger amongst West Papuan refugees exposed to persecution
by Rees, Susan & Silove, Derrick
- 111-120 Risk and reproductive decisions: British Pakistani couples' responses to genetic counselling
by Shaw, Alison
- 121-128 Electronic prescriptions and disruptions to the jurisdiction of community pharmacists
by Motulsky, Aude & Sicotte, Claude & Lamothe, Lise & Winslade, Nancy & Tamblyn, Robyn
- 129-134 'Non-compliance' as illness management: Hemodialysis patients' descriptions of adversarial patient-clinician interactions
by Allen, Dawn & Wainwright, Megan & Hutchinson, Thomas
- 135-144 Eliciting ethical and social values in health technology assessment: A participatory approach
by Bombard, Yvonne & Abelson, Julia & Simeonov, Dorina & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre
- 145-152 Community researchers conducting health disparities research: Ethical and other insights from fieldwork journaling
by Mosavel, Maghboeba & Ahmed, Rashid & Daniels, Doria & Simon, Christian
- 153-159 The effect of outpatient dialysis global budget cap on healthcare utilization by end-stage renal disease patients
by Chang, Ray-E. & Hsieh, Chi-Jeng & Myrtle, Robert C.
- 160-168 Price subsidies and the market for mosquito nets in developing countries: A study of Tanzania's discount voucher scheme
by Gingrich, Chris D. & Hanson, Kara & Marchant, Tanya & Mulligan, Jo-Ann & Mponda, Hadji
- 169-176 Taxing sin and saving lives: Can alcohol taxation reduce female homicides?
by Durrance, Christine Piette & Golden, Shelley & Perreira, Krista & Cook, Philip
- 177-182 Life satisfaction and age: Dealing with underidentification in age-period-cohort models
by de Ree, Joppe & Alessie, Rob
- 183-183 Corrigendum to: "Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis" [Social Science & Medicine, 72, Issue 9, May 2011, Pages 1454-1462.]
by Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 12
- 1915-1920 Analysing global health assistance: The reach for ethnographic, institutional and political economic scope
by Sridhar, Devi & Craig, David
- 1921-1929 Understanding use of health services in conditional cash transfer programs: Insights from qualitative research in Latin America and Turkey
by Adato, Michelle & Roopnaraine, Terry & Becker, Elisabeth
- 1930-1938 Resource mobilization for health advocacy: Afro-Brazilian religious organizations and HIV prevention and control
by Garcia, Jonathan & Parker, Richard G.
- 1939-1947 What can transaction costs tell us about governance in the delivery of large scale HIV prevention programmes in southern India?
by Guinness, Lorna
- 1948-1955 Effects of the World Bank's maternal and child health intervention on Indonesia's poor: Evaluating the safe motherhood project
by Baird, John & Ma, Steven & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1956-1964 National poverty reduction strategies and HIV/AIDS governance in Malawi: A preliminary study of shared health governance
by Wachira, Catherine & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1965-1974 A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of factors associated with trends in narrowing health inequalities in England
by Blackman, Tim & Wistow, Jonathan & Byrne, David
- 1975-1977 'Tackling health inequalities' and its pros, cons and contradictions: A commentary on Blackman, Wistow and Byrne
by Scambler, Graham
- 1978-1985 Income inequality and personality: Are less equal U.S. states less agreeable?
by de Vries, Robert & Gosling, Samuel & Potter, Jeff
- 1986-1992 Socioeconomic inequalities in old-age mortality: A comparison of Denmark and the USA
by Hoffmann, Rasmus
- 1993-2002 When does neighbourhood matter? Multilevel relationships between neighbourhood social fragmentation and mental health
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Collings, Sunny C. & Blakely, Tony & Dew, Kevin
- 2003-2010 Psychological strains and youth suicide in rural China
by Zhang, Jie & Wieczorek, William F. & Conwell, Yeates & Tu, Xin Ming
- 2011-2019 Feasibility, acceptability, and initial efficacy of a knowledge-contact program to reduce mental illness stigma and improve mental health literacy in adolescents
by Pinto-Foltz, Melissa D. & Logsdon, M. Cynthia & Myers, John A.
- 2020-2025 Young adults' decision making surrounding heavy drinking: A multi-staged model of planned behaviour
by Northcote, Jeremy
- 2026-2032 Informing health? Negotiating the logics of choice and care in everyday practices of 'healthy living'
by Henwood, Flis & Harris, Roma & Spoel, Philippa
- 2033-2040 Scouting for talent: Appointment practices of women professors in academic medicine
by Van den Brink, Marieke
- 2041-2048 Forging convictions: The effects of active participation in a clinical trial
by Scott, Clare & Walker, Jan & White, Peter & Lewith, George
- 2049-2058 Do new cohorts of family physicians work less compared to their older predecessors? The evidence from Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
2011, Volume 72, Issue 11
- 1739-1742 Genetics, health care, family and kinship in a global perspective: Situated processes of co-construction
by Horstman, Klasien & Finkler, Kaja
- 1743-1751 Voicing the lifeworld: Parental accounts of responsibility in genetic consultations for polycystic kidney disease
by Clarke, Angus & Sarangi, Srikant & Verrier-Jones, Kate
- 1752-1759 Making genetics not so important: Family work in dealing with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
by Geelen, Els & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 1760-1767 Exploring genetic responsibility for the self, family and kin in the case of hereditary raised cholesterol
by Weiner, Kate
- 1768-1775 Postgenomics, uncertain futures, and the familiarization of susceptibility genes
by Chilibeck, Gillian & Lock, Margaret & Sehdev, Megha
- 1776-1783 They say it runs in the family: Diabetes and inheritance in Oaxaca, Mexico
by Everett, Margaret
- 1784-1792 Family medicine, 'La Herencia' and breast cancer; understanding the (dis)continuities of predictive genetics in Cuba
by Gibbon, Sahra
- 1793-1801 Unambiguous test results or individual independence? The role of clients and families in predictive BRCA-testing in the Netherlands compared to the USA
by Boenink, Marianne
- 1802-1809 Genetic testing, governance, and the family in the People's Republic of China
by Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret Elizabeth
- 1810-1816 Moral landscapes and everyday life in families with Huntington's disease: Aligning ethnographic description and bioethics
by Huniche, Lotte
- 1817-1825 Worry, worry attacks, and PTSD among Cambodian refugees: A path analysis investigation
by Hinton, Devon E. & Nickerson, Angela & Bryant, Richard A.
- 1826-1837 Caught in the crosshairs: Identity and cultural authority within chiropractic
by Villanueva-Russell, Yvonne
- 1838-1845 Making a difference: The construction of ethnicity in HIV and STI epidemiological research by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
by Proctor, Alana & Krumeich, Anja & Meershoek, Agnes
- 1846-1852 Medical returns: Seeking health care in Mexico
by Horton, Sarah & Cole, Stephanie
- 1853-1863 Connecting food environments and health through the relational nature of aesthetics: Gaining insight through the community gardening experience
by Hale, James & Knapp, Corrine & Bardwell, Lisa & Buchenau, Michael & Marshall, Julie & Sancar, Fahriye & Litt, Jill S.
- 1864-1872 Housing and health in three contrasting neighbourhoods in Accra, Ghana
by Arku, Godwin & Luginaah, Isaac & Mkandawire, Paul & Baiden, Philip & Asiedu, Alex B.
- 1873-1883 The intersection of school racial composition and student race/ethnicity on adolescent depressive and somatic symptoms
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Bell, Bethany A. & Maitra, Debeshi
- 1884-1892 Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China
by Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M.
- 1893-1903 Infant mortality and adult stature in Spain
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Bozzoli, Carlos & Bosch, Mariano
- 1904-1912 Understanding the effect of disease adaptation information on general population values for hypothetical health states
by McTaggart-Cowan, Helen & Tsuchiya, Aki & O'Cathain, Alicia & Brazier, John
2011, Volume 72, Issue 10
- 1583-1587 The unspoken work of general practitioner receptionists: A re-examination of emotion management in primary care
by Ward, Jenna & McMurray, Robert
- 1588-1594 Understanding the interplay of time, gender and professionalism in hospital medicine in the UK
by Ozbilgin, Mustafa F. & Tsouroufli, Maria & Smith, Merryn
- 1595-1602 Enacting 'team' and 'teamwork': Using Goffman's theory of impression management to illuminate interprofessional practice on hospital wards
by Lewin, Simon & Reeves, Scott
- 1603-1610 Time matters - A theoretical and empirical examination of the temporal landscape of a hospital pathology service and the impact of e-health
by Georgiou, Andrew & Westbrook, Johanna I. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1611-1617 Sexual minority youth, social connection and resilience: From personal struggle to collective identity
by DiFulvio, Gloria T.
- 1618-1629 Understanding HIV disclosure: A review and application of the Disclosure Processes Model
by Chaudoir, Stephenie R. & Fisher, Jeffrey D. & Simoni, Jane M.
- 1630-1638 A methodology for building culture and gender norms into intervention: An example from Mumbai, India
by Kostick, Kristin M. & Schensul, Stephen L. & Singh, Rajendra & Pelto, Pertti & Saggurti, Niranjan
- 1639-1642 Understanding the conviction of Binayak Sen: Neocolonialism, political violence and the political economy of health in the central Indian tribal belt
by Kennedy, Jonathan J. & King, Lawrence P.
- 1643-1651 Prevalence and predictors of smoking in "smoke-free" bars. Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Europe Surveys
by Nagelhout, Gera E. & Mons, Ute & Allwright, Shane & Guignard, Romain & Beck, François & Fong, Geoffrey T. & de Vries, Hein & Willemsen, Marc C.
- 1652-1658 Impact of occupational stress on stroke across occupational classes and genders
by Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kayaba, Kazunori & Ishikawa, Shizukiyo
- 1659-1666 Stress trajectories, health behaviors, and the mental health of black and white young adults
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B.
- 1667-1673 Obesity disparities among disadvantaged men: National adult male inmate prevalence pooled with non-incarcerated estimates, United States, 2002-2004
by Houle, Brian
- 1674-1684 Participation among adults with disability: The role of the urban environment
by Clarke, Philippa J. & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Nieuwenhuijsen, Els R. & de Kleijn - de Vrankrijker, Marijke W.
- 1685-1694 Rural/urban mortality differences in England and Wales and the effect of deprivation adjustment
by Gartner, Andrea & Farewell, Daniel & Roach, Paul & Dunstan, Frank
- 1695-1703 Prenatal care among immigrant and racial-ethnic minority women in a new immigrant destination: Exploring the impact of immigrant legal status
by Korinek, Kim & Smith, Ken R.
- 1704-1710 Is demand-side financing equity enhancing? Lessons from a maternal health voucher scheme in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Shakil & Khan, M. Mahmud
- 1711-1716 Incorporating concerns for equal lifetime health in evaluations of public health programs
by Robberstad, Bjarne & Norheim, Ole F.
- 1717-1727 Best-worst scaling vs. discrete choice experiments: An empirical comparison using social care data
by Potoglou, Dimitris & Burge, Peter & Flynn, Terry & Netten, Ann & Malley, Juliette & Forder, Julien & Brazier, John E.
- 1728-1737 The increasing value of education to health
by Goldman, Dana & Smith, James P.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 9
- 1411-1419 Environmental correlates of adiposity in 9-10 year old children: Considering home and school neighbourhoods and routes to school
by Harrison, Flo & Jones, Andrew P. & van Sluijs, Esther M.F. & Cassidy, Aedín & Bentham, Graham & Griffin, Simon J.
- 1420-1428 Child overweight and undernutrition in Thailand: Is there an urban effect?
by Firestone, Rebecca & Punpuing, Sureeporn & Peterson, Karen E. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Gortmaker, Steven L.
- 1429-1436 The effect of maternal tetanus immunization on children's schooling attainment in Matlab, Bangladesh: Follow-up of a randomized trial
by Canning, David & Razzaque, Abdur & Driessen, Julia & Walker, Damian G. & Streatfield, Peter Kim & Yunus, Mohammad
- 1437-1446 Effect of Ecuador's cash transfer program (Bono de Desarrollo Humano) on child development in infants and toddlers: A randomized effectiveness trial
by Fernald, Lia C.H. & Hidrobo, Melissa
- 1447-1453 Environmental stressors, low well-being, smoking, and alcohol use among South African adolescents
by Brook, David W. & Rubenstone, Elizabeth & Zhang, Chenshu & Morojele, Neo K. & Brook, Judith S.
- 1454-1462 Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis
by Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R.
- 1463-1471 The association of food security with psychological distress in New Zealand and any gender differences
by Carter, Kristie N. & Kruse, Kerri & Blakely, Tony & Collings, Sunny
- 1472-1481 Does geographic access to primary healthcare influence the detection of hepatitis C?
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul J. & Dillon, John F.