Social Science & Medicine
2011, Volume 72, Issue 12
- 1921-1929 Understanding use of health services in conditional cash transfer programs: Insights from qualitative research in Latin America and Turkey
by Adato, Michelle & Roopnaraine, Terry & Becker, Elisabeth
- 1930-1938 Resource mobilization for health advocacy: Afro-Brazilian religious organizations and HIV prevention and control
by Garcia, Jonathan & Parker, Richard G.
- 1939-1947 What can transaction costs tell us about governance in the delivery of large scale HIV prevention programmes in southern India?
by Guinness, Lorna
- 1948-1955 Effects of the World Bank's maternal and child health intervention on Indonesia's poor: Evaluating the safe motherhood project
by Baird, John & Ma, Steven & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1956-1964 National poverty reduction strategies and HIV/AIDS governance in Malawi: A preliminary study of shared health governance
by Wachira, Catherine & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 1965-1974 A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of factors associated with trends in narrowing health inequalities in England
by Blackman, Tim & Wistow, Jonathan & Byrne, David
- 1975-1977 'Tackling health inequalities' and its pros, cons and contradictions: A commentary on Blackman, Wistow and Byrne
by Scambler, Graham
- 1978-1985 Income inequality and personality: Are less equal U.S. states less agreeable?
by de Vries, Robert & Gosling, Samuel & Potter, Jeff
- 1986-1992 Socioeconomic inequalities in old-age mortality: A comparison of Denmark and the USA
by Hoffmann, Rasmus
- 1993-2002 When does neighbourhood matter? Multilevel relationships between neighbourhood social fragmentation and mental health
by Ivory, Vivienne C. & Collings, Sunny C. & Blakely, Tony & Dew, Kevin
- 2003-2010 Psychological strains and youth suicide in rural China
by Zhang, Jie & Wieczorek, William F. & Conwell, Yeates & Tu, Xin Ming
- 2011-2019 Feasibility, acceptability, and initial efficacy of a knowledge-contact program to reduce mental illness stigma and improve mental health literacy in adolescents
by Pinto-Foltz, Melissa D. & Logsdon, M. Cynthia & Myers, John A.
- 2020-2025 Young adults' decision making surrounding heavy drinking: A multi-staged model of planned behaviour
by Northcote, Jeremy
- 2026-2032 Informing health? Negotiating the logics of choice and care in everyday practices of 'healthy living'
by Henwood, Flis & Harris, Roma & Spoel, Philippa
- 2033-2040 Scouting for talent: Appointment practices of women professors in academic medicine
by Van den Brink, Marieke
- 2041-2048 Forging convictions: The effects of active participation in a clinical trial
by Scott, Clare & Walker, Jan & White, Peter & Lewith, George
- 2049-2058 Do new cohorts of family physicians work less compared to their older predecessors? The evidence from Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
2011, Volume 72, Issue 11
- 1739-1742 Genetics, health care, family and kinship in a global perspective: Situated processes of co-construction
by Horstman, Klasien & Finkler, Kaja
- 1743-1751 Voicing the lifeworld: Parental accounts of responsibility in genetic consultations for polycystic kidney disease
by Clarke, Angus & Sarangi, Srikant & Verrier-Jones, Kate
- 1752-1759 Making genetics not so important: Family work in dealing with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
by Geelen, Els & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 1760-1767 Exploring genetic responsibility for the self, family and kin in the case of hereditary raised cholesterol
by Weiner, Kate
- 1768-1775 Postgenomics, uncertain futures, and the familiarization of susceptibility genes
by Chilibeck, Gillian & Lock, Margaret & Sehdev, Megha
- 1776-1783 They say it runs in the family: Diabetes and inheritance in Oaxaca, Mexico
by Everett, Margaret
- 1784-1792 Family medicine, 'La Herencia' and breast cancer; understanding the (dis)continuities of predictive genetics in Cuba
by Gibbon, Sahra
- 1793-1801 Unambiguous test results or individual independence? The role of clients and families in predictive BRCA-testing in the Netherlands compared to the USA
by Boenink, Marianne
- 1802-1809 Genetic testing, governance, and the family in the People's Republic of China
by Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret Elizabeth
- 1810-1816 Moral landscapes and everyday life in families with Huntington's disease: Aligning ethnographic description and bioethics
by Huniche, Lotte
- 1817-1825 Worry, worry attacks, and PTSD among Cambodian refugees: A path analysis investigation
by Hinton, Devon E. & Nickerson, Angela & Bryant, Richard A.
- 1826-1837 Caught in the crosshairs: Identity and cultural authority within chiropractic
by Villanueva-Russell, Yvonne
- 1838-1845 Making a difference: The construction of ethnicity in HIV and STI epidemiological research by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
by Proctor, Alana & Krumeich, Anja & Meershoek, Agnes
- 1846-1852 Medical returns: Seeking health care in Mexico
by Horton, Sarah & Cole, Stephanie
- 1853-1863 Connecting food environments and health through the relational nature of aesthetics: Gaining insight through the community gardening experience
by Hale, James & Knapp, Corrine & Bardwell, Lisa & Buchenau, Michael & Marshall, Julie & Sancar, Fahriye & Litt, Jill S.
- 1864-1872 Housing and health in three contrasting neighbourhoods in Accra, Ghana
by Arku, Godwin & Luginaah, Isaac & Mkandawire, Paul & Baiden, Philip & Asiedu, Alex B.
- 1873-1883 The intersection of school racial composition and student race/ethnicity on adolescent depressive and somatic symptoms
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Bell, Bethany A. & Maitra, Debeshi
- 1884-1892 Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China
by Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M.
- 1893-1903 Infant mortality and adult stature in Spain
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Bozzoli, Carlos & Bosch, Mariano
- 1904-1912 Understanding the effect of disease adaptation information on general population values for hypothetical health states
by McTaggart-Cowan, Helen & Tsuchiya, Aki & O'Cathain, Alicia & Brazier, John
2011, Volume 72, Issue 10
- 1583-1587 The unspoken work of general practitioner receptionists: A re-examination of emotion management in primary care
by Ward, Jenna & McMurray, Robert
- 1588-1594 Understanding the interplay of time, gender and professionalism in hospital medicine in the UK
by Ozbilgin, Mustafa F. & Tsouroufli, Maria & Smith, Merryn
- 1595-1602 Enacting 'team' and 'teamwork': Using Goffman's theory of impression management to illuminate interprofessional practice on hospital wards
by Lewin, Simon & Reeves, Scott
- 1603-1610 Time matters - A theoretical and empirical examination of the temporal landscape of a hospital pathology service and the impact of e-health
by Georgiou, Andrew & Westbrook, Johanna I. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1611-1617 Sexual minority youth, social connection and resilience: From personal struggle to collective identity
by DiFulvio, Gloria T.
- 1618-1629 Understanding HIV disclosure: A review and application of the Disclosure Processes Model
by Chaudoir, Stephenie R. & Fisher, Jeffrey D. & Simoni, Jane M.
- 1630-1638 A methodology for building culture and gender norms into intervention: An example from Mumbai, India
by Kostick, Kristin M. & Schensul, Stephen L. & Singh, Rajendra & Pelto, Pertti & Saggurti, Niranjan
- 1639-1642 Understanding the conviction of Binayak Sen: Neocolonialism, political violence and the political economy of health in the central Indian tribal belt
by Kennedy, Jonathan J. & King, Lawrence P.
- 1643-1651 Prevalence and predictors of smoking in "smoke-free" bars. Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Europe Surveys
by Nagelhout, Gera E. & Mons, Ute & Allwright, Shane & Guignard, Romain & Beck, François & Fong, Geoffrey T. & de Vries, Hein & Willemsen, Marc C.
- 1652-1658 Impact of occupational stress on stroke across occupational classes and genders
by Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kayaba, Kazunori & Ishikawa, Shizukiyo
- 1659-1666 Stress trajectories, health behaviors, and the mental health of black and white young adults
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B.
- 1667-1673 Obesity disparities among disadvantaged men: National adult male inmate prevalence pooled with non-incarcerated estimates, United States, 2002-2004
by Houle, Brian
- 1674-1684 Participation among adults with disability: The role of the urban environment
by Clarke, Philippa J. & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Nieuwenhuijsen, Els R. & de Kleijn - de Vrankrijker, Marijke W.
- 1685-1694 Rural/urban mortality differences in England and Wales and the effect of deprivation adjustment
by Gartner, Andrea & Farewell, Daniel & Roach, Paul & Dunstan, Frank
- 1695-1703 Prenatal care among immigrant and racial-ethnic minority women in a new immigrant destination: Exploring the impact of immigrant legal status
by Korinek, Kim & Smith, Ken R.
- 1704-1710 Is demand-side financing equity enhancing? Lessons from a maternal health voucher scheme in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Shakil & Khan, M. Mahmud
- 1711-1716 Incorporating concerns for equal lifetime health in evaluations of public health programs
by Robberstad, Bjarne & Norheim, Ole F.
- 1717-1727 Best-worst scaling vs. discrete choice experiments: An empirical comparison using social care data
by Potoglou, Dimitris & Burge, Peter & Flynn, Terry & Netten, Ann & Malley, Juliette & Forder, Julien & Brazier, John E.
- 1728-1737 The increasing value of education to health
by Goldman, Dana & Smith, James P.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 9
- 1411-1419 Environmental correlates of adiposity in 9-10 year old children: Considering home and school neighbourhoods and routes to school
by Harrison, Flo & Jones, Andrew P. & van Sluijs, Esther M.F. & Cassidy, Aedín & Bentham, Graham & Griffin, Simon J.
- 1420-1428 Child overweight and undernutrition in Thailand: Is there an urban effect?
by Firestone, Rebecca & Punpuing, Sureeporn & Peterson, Karen E. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Gortmaker, Steven L.
- 1429-1436 The effect of maternal tetanus immunization on children's schooling attainment in Matlab, Bangladesh: Follow-up of a randomized trial
by Canning, David & Razzaque, Abdur & Driessen, Julia & Walker, Damian G. & Streatfield, Peter Kim & Yunus, Mohammad
- 1437-1446 Effect of Ecuador's cash transfer program (Bono de Desarrollo Humano) on child development in infants and toddlers: A randomized effectiveness trial
by Fernald, Lia C.H. & Hidrobo, Melissa
- 1447-1453 Environmental stressors, low well-being, smoking, and alcohol use among South African adolescents
by Brook, David W. & Rubenstone, Elizabeth & Zhang, Chenshu & Morojele, Neo K. & Brook, Judith S.
- 1454-1462 Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis
by Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R.
- 1463-1471 The association of food security with psychological distress in New Zealand and any gender differences
by Carter, Kristie N. & Kruse, Kerri & Blakely, Tony & Collings, Sunny
- 1472-1481 Does geographic access to primary healthcare influence the detection of hepatitis C?
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul J. & Dillon, John F.
- 1482-1488 Social isolation, C-reactive protein, and coronary heart disease mortality among community-dwelling adults
by Heffner, Kathi L. & Waring, Molly E. & Roberts, Mary B. & Eaton, Charles B. & Gramling, Robert
- 1489-1498 Similar but different: Health and economic crisis in 1990s Cuba and Russia
by Borowy, Iris
- 1499-1506 Gender relations, prostate cancer and diet: Re-inscribing hetero-normative food practices
by Mróz, Lawrence William & Chapman, Gwen E. & Oliffe, John L. & Bottorff, Joan L.
- 1507-1514 Adolescent men's attitudes and decision-making in relation to an unplanned pregnancy. Responses to an interactive video drama
by Lohan, Maria & Cruise, Sharon & O'Halloran, Peter & Alderdice, Fiona & Hyde, Abbey
- 1515-1521 The effect of breastfeeding on children's educational test scores at nine years of age: Results of an Irish cohort study
by McCrory, Cathal & Layte, Richard
- 1522-1526 Safe access to safe water in low income countries: Water fetching in current times
by Sorenson, Susan B. & Morssink, Christiaan & Campos, Paola Abril
- 1527-1533 God-sent ordeals and their discontents: Ultra-orthodox Jewish women negotiate prenatal testing
by Ivry, Tsipy & Teman, Elly & Frumkin, Ayala
- 1534-1554 Impacts of domestic violence on child growth and nutrition: A conceptual review of the pathways of influence
by Yount, Kathryn M. & DiGirolamo, Ann M. & Ramakrishnan, Usha
- 1555-1562 Conceptions of acculturation: A review and statement of critical issues
by Lopez-Class, Maria & Castro, Felipe González & Ramirez, Amelie G.
- 1563-1569 Finding the moral heart of treatment: Mental health care in a French prison
by Fernandez, Fabrice & Lézé, Samuel
- 1570-1573 Lay people's experiences with reading their medical record
by Wibe, Torunn & Hellesø, Ragnhild & Slaughter, Laura & Ekstedt, Mirjam
- 1574-1581 The socio-political roots of pharmaceutical uncertainty in the evaluation of 'innovative' diabetes drugs in the European Union and the US
by Davis, Courtney & Abraham, John
2011, Volume 72, Issue 8
- 1219-1227 Social capital and change in psychological health over time
by Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola & Lindström, Martin
- 1228-1235 Favourable changes in economic well-being and self-rated health among the elderly
by Brenes-Camacho, Gilbert
- 1236-1248 Understanding how race/ethnicity and gender define age-trajectories of disability: An intersectionality approach
by Warner, David F. & Brown, Tyson H.
- 1249-1257 Disparity in disability between native-born non-Hispanic white and foreign-born Asian older adults in the United States: Effects of educational attainment and age at immigration
by Lee, Min-Ah
- 1258-1265 Parenthood, drinking locations and heavy drinking
by Paradis, Catherine
- 1266-1273 Neighborhood walkability, physical activity, and walking behavior: The Swedish Neighborhood and Physical Activity (SNAP) study
by Sundquist, Kristina & Eriksson, Ulf & Kawakami, Naomi & Skog, Lars & Ohlsson, Henrik & Arvidsson, Daniel
- 1274-1283 Are neighborhood education levels associated with BMI among adults in Cairo, Egypt?
by Mowafi, Mona & Khadr, Zeinab & Subramanian, S.V. & Bennett, Gary & Hill, Allan & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1284-1293 Internal migration and health: Premarital sexual initiation in Nigeria
by Mberu, Blessing Uchenna & White, Michael J.
- 1294-1301 Internal migration and health: Re-examining the healthy migrant phenomenon in China
by Chen, Juan
- 1302-1309 Building institutions for an effective health system: Lessons from China's experience with rural health reform
by Bloom, Gerald
- 1310-1316 Public financial support receipt and non-medical resource utilization in Alzheimer's disease results from the PLASA study
by Rapp, Thomas & Grand, Alain & Cantet, Christelle & Andrieu, Sandrine & Coley, Nicola & Portet, Florence & Vellas, Bruno
- 1317-1324 Patients' self-interested preferences: Empirical evidence from a priority setting experiment
by Álvarez, Begoña & Rodríguez-Míguez, Eva
- 1325-1332 Demand for sanitation in Salvador, Brazil: A hybrid choice approach
by Santos, Andreia C. & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Barreto, Mauricio L. & Cairncross, Sandy
- 1333-1341 Health care rationing in an age of uncertainty: A conceptual model
by Moreira, Tiago
- 1342-1350 The pharmaceutical corporation and the 'good work' of managing women's bodies
by Padamsee, Tasleem Juana
- 1351-1358 Dead by 50: Lay expertise and breast cancer screening
by Barker, Kristin K. & Galardi, Tasha R.
- 1359-1366 Tacit and transitionary: An exploration of patients' and primary care health professionals' goals in relation to asthma
by Williams, Brian & Steven, Karen & Sullivan, Frank M.
- 1367-1373 Techniques and transitions: A sociological analysis of sleeping practices amongst recovering heroin users
by Nettleton, Sarah & Neale, Joanne & Pickering, Lucy
- 1374-1382 On the remarkable persistence of asymmetry in doctor/patient interaction: A critical review
by Pilnick, Alison & Dingwall, Robert
- 1383-1392 Non-adherence to antiretroviral treatment and unplanned treatment interruption among people living with HIV/AIDS in Cameroon: Individual and healthcare supply-related factors
by Boyer, Sylvie & Clerc, Isabelle & Bonono, Cécile-Renée & Marcellin, Fabienne & Bilé, Paule-Christiane & Ventelou, Bruno
- 1393-1399 'All is done by Allah'. Understandings of Down syndrome and prenatal testing in Pakistan
by Bryant, Louise D. & Ahmed, Shenaz & Ahmed, Mushtaq & Jafri, Hussain & Raashid, Yasmin
- 1400-1408 The limits of resilience: Distress following chronic political violence among Palestinians
by Hobfoll, Stevan E. & Mancini, Anthony D. & Hall, Brian J. & Canetti, Daphna & Bonanno, George A.
- 1409-1409 Corrigendum to "Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship" [Social Science & Medicine 70 (2010) 479-484]
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Davis, Roger & Kaptchuk, Ted
2011, Volume 72, Issue 7
- 1021-1024 The evolving socio-political context of community health worker programmes in South Africa: Implications for historical analysis. A commentary on van Ginneken, Lewin and Berridge "the emergence of community health worker programmes in the late-apartheid era in South Africa: An historical analysis"(2010)
by van Rensburg, Dingie J. & Wouters, Edwin & de Wet, Katinka
- 1025-1027 What can be learnt from historical analysis? Community health workers and health policy in South Africa. A response to van Rensburg, H.C.J., Wouters, E., and de Wet, K.'s critique (in this issue)
by van Ginneken, Nadja & Lewin, Simon & Berridge, Virginia
- 1028-1035 Organizational analysis of Canadian supported employment programs for people with psychiatric disabilities
by Menear, Matthew & Reinharz, Daniel & Corbière, Marc & Houle, Nathalie & Lanctôt, Nathalie & Goering, Paula & Goldner, Elliot M. & Kirsh, Bonnie & Lecomte, Tania
- 1036-1038 Implementation of IPS supported employment around the world: Planned vs. unplanned dissemination. A commentary on Menear etÂ al
by Bond, Gary R. & Drake, Robert E. & Becker, Deborah R.
- 1039-1046 Getting evidence into policy: The need for deliberative strategies?
by Flitcroft, Kathy & Gillespie, James & Salkeld, Glenn & Carter, Stacy & Trevena, Lyndal
- 1047-1055 From "our world" to the "real world": Exploring the views and behaviour of policy-influential Australian public health researchers
by Haynes, Abby S. & Derrick, Gjemma E. & Chapman, Simon & Redman, Sally & Hall, Wayne D. & Gillespie, James & Sturk, Heidi
- 1056-1063 Journal peer review in context: A qualitative study of the social and subjective dimensions of manuscript review in biomedical publishing
by Lipworth, Wendy L. & Kerridge, Ian H. & Carter, Stacy M. & Little, Miles
- 1064-1068 Interpreting social network metrics in healthcare organisations: A review and guide to validating small networks
by Dunn, Adam G. & Westbrook, Johanna I.
- 1069-1076 Sourcing the crowd for health services improvement: The reflexive patient and "share-your-experience" websites
by Adams, Samantha A.
- 1077-1084 Established users and the making of telecare work in long term condition management: Implications for health policy
by Rogers, Anne & Kirk, Sue & Gately, Claire & May, Carl R. & Finch, Tracy
- 1085-1095 Measuring patient-centered communication in cancer care: A literature review and the development of a systematic approach
by McCormack, Lauren A. & Treiman, Katherine & Rupert, Douglas & Williams-Piehota, Pamela & Nadler, Eric & Arora, Neeraj K. & Lawrence, William & Street Jr., Richard L.
- 1096-1104 Breast cancer delay: A grounded model of help-seeking behaviour
by Unger-Saldaña, Karla & Infante-Castañeda, Claudia B.
- 1105-1114 Patient resistance as agency in treatment decisions
by Koenig, Christopher J.
- 1115-1122 Immunitary bioeconomy: The economisation of life in the international cord blood market
by Brown, Nik & Machin, Laura & McLeod, Danae
- 1123-1130 Cycling and the city: A case study of how gendered, ethnic and class identities can shape healthy transport choices
by Steinbach, Rebecca & Green, Judith & Datta, Jessica & Edwards, Phil
- 1131-1139 Why healthy eating is bad for young people's health: Identity, belonging and food
by Stead, Martine & McDermott, Laura & MacKintosh, Anne Marie & Adamson, Ashley
- 1140-1148 Additive and subtractive resilience strategies as enablers of biographical reinvention: A qualitative study of ex-smokers and never-smokers
by Ward, Paul Russell & Muller, Robert & Tsourtos, George & Hersh, Deborah & Lawn, Sharon & Winefield, Anthony H. & Coveney, John
- 1149-1156 Two year psychosocial and mental health outcomes for refugees subjected to restrictive or supportive immigration policies
by Steel, Zachary & Momartin, Shakeh & Silove, Derrick & Coello, Marianio & Aroche, Jorge & Tay, Kuo Wei
- 1157-1168 Delays in recognition of and Care-seeking response to prolonged labor inÂ Bangladesh
by Head, Sara K. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1169-1176 "There is such a thing as too many daughters, but not too many sons": A qualitative study of son preference and fetal sex selection among Indian immigrants in the United States
by Puri, Sunita & Adams, Vincanne & Ivey, Susan & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1177-1184 Different stage, different performance: The protective strategy of role play on emotional health in sex work
by Abel, Gillian M.
- 1185-1192 "Over here, it's just drugs, women and all the madness": The HIV risk environment of clients of female sex workers in Tijuana, Mexico
by Goldenberg, Shira M. & Strathdee, Steffanie A. & Gallardo, Manuel & Rhodes, Tim & Wagner, Karla D. & Patterson, Thomas L.
- 1193-1204 Self-rated health and social capital in transitional countries: Multilevel analysis of comparative surveys in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia
by Habibov, Nazim N. & Afandi, Elvin N.
- 1205-1210 How relevant are district characteristics in explaining subjective health in Germany? - A multilevel analysis
by Diehl, Katharina & Schneider, Sven
- 1211-1218 The effect of survivalism-self-expressionism culture on black male suicide acceptability: A cross-national analysis
by Stack, Steven & Kposowa, Augustine J.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 6
- 815-820 Liberating the NHS? A commentary on the Lansley White Paper, "Equity and Excellence"
by Asthana, Sheena
- 821-822 Reflections on commissioning and the English coalition government NHS reforms
by Light, Donald W. & Connor, Martin
- 823-831 Family presence in routine medical visits: A meta-analytical review
by Wolff, Jennifer L. & Roter, Debra L.
- 832-839 Economic evaluation to inform health care decision-making: Promise, pitfalls and a proposal for an alternative path
by Brousselle, Astrid & Lessard, Chantale
- 840-854 Losing life and livelihood: A systematic review and meta-analysis of unemployment and all-cause mortality
by Roelfs, David J. & Shor, Eran & Davidson, Karina W. & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 855-866 Implementing successful intimate partner violence screening programs in health care settings: Evidence generated from a realist-informed systematic review
by O'Campo, Patricia & Kirst, Maritt & Tsamis, Charoula & Chambers, Catharine & Ahmad, Farah
- 867-873 Association of physical violence by an intimate partner around the time of pregnancy with inadequate gestational weight gain
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Tamim, Hala & Lincoln, Alicia M. & Dooley, Suzanna D. & Beydoun, May A.
- 874-883 Psychosocial influences on prisoner suicide: A case-control study of near-lethal self-harm in women prisoners
by Marzano, Lisa & Hawton, Keith & Rivlin, Adrienne & Fazel, Seena
- 884-889 Do local landmark bridges increase the suicide rate? An alternative test of the likely effect of means restriction at suicide-jumping sites
by Glasgow, Garrett
- 890-898 Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: The INMA-Valencia project in Spain
by Llop, Sabrina & Ballester, Ferran & Estarlich, Marisa & Iñiguez, Carmen & Ramón, Rosa & Gonzalez, MCarmen & Murcia, Mario & Esplugues, Ana & Rebagliato, Marisa
- 899-906 Health among hospital employees in Europe: A cross-national study of the impact of work stress and work control
by Pisljar, Tjasa & van der Lippe, Tanja & den Dulk, Laura
- 907-911 The deleterious consequences of privatization and outsourcing for hospital support work: The experiences of contracted-out hospital cleaners and dietary aids in Vancouver, Canada
by Zuberi, Daniyal M. & Ptashnick, Melita B.
- 912-918 Compliant, complacent or panicked? Investigating the problematisation of the Australian general public in pandemic influenza control
by Davis, Mark & Stephenson, Niamh & Flowers, Paul
- 919-927 The determinants of the adoption of pharmaceutical innovation: Evidence from Taiwan
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Kao Yang, Yea-Huei & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 928-936 Do pharmaceuticals displace local knowledge and use of medicinal plants? Estimates from a cross-sectional study in a rural indigenous community, Mexico
by Giovannini, Peter & Reyes-García, Victoria & Waldstein, Anna & Heinrich, Michael
- 937-944 Introducing malaria rapid diagnostic tests at registered drug shops in Uganda: Limitations of diagnostic testing in the reality of diagnosis
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Hall-Clifford, Rachel & Asaph, Turinde & Pascal, Magnussen & Clarke, Siân & Mbonye, Anthony K.
- 945-952 Strange bedfellows: The Catholic Church and Brazilian National AIDS Program in the response to HIV/AIDS in Brazil
by Murray, Laura R. & Garcia, Jonathan & Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Parker, Richard G.
- 953-961 Making sense of condoms: Social representations in young people's HIV-related narratives from six African countries
by Winskell, Kate & Obyerodhyambo, Oby & Stephenson, Rob
- 962-968 Children's understanding of the selling versus persuasive intent of junk food advertising: Implications for regulation
by Carter, Owen B.J. & Patterson, Lisa J. & Donovan, Robert J. & Ewing, Michael T. & Roberts, Clare M.
- 969-976 Food provisioning experiences of ultra poor female heads of household living in Bangladesh
by McIntyre, Lynn & Rondeau, Krista & Kirkpatrick, Sharon & Hatfield, Jennifer & Islam, Khaled Shamsul & Huda, Syed Nazmul
- 977-983 Explaining racial disparities in adverse birth outcomes: Unique sources of stress for Black American women
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Lobel, Marci
- 984-991 Motherhood, pregnancy, and the negotiation of identity: The moral career of drug treatment
by Radcliffe, Polly
- 992-998 Negotiating desires and options: How mothers who carry the fragile X gene experience reproductive decisions
by Raspberry, Kelly Amanda & Skinner, Debra
- 999-1003 Selection in utero contributes to the male longevity deficit
by Catalano, Ralph
- 1004-1015 Infant mortality, season of birth and the health of older Puerto Rican adults
by McEniry, Mary
- 1016-1017 Reconstructing dose: A commentary on McEniry
by Catalano, Ralph & Margerison-Zilko, Claire E. & Saxton, Katherine & LeWinn, Kaja & Anderson, Elizabeth
- 1018-1020 In utero exposures, season of birth and population studies of older adults: Author's reply
by McEniry, Mary C.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 4
- 447-455 Effect of increased private share of inpatient psychiatric resources on jail population growth: Evidence from the United States
by Yoon, Jangho
- 456-459 Dysfunctional social control of mental illness: A commentary on Yoon
by Markowitz, Fred. E.
- 460-468 Managing Prader-Willi syndrome in families: An embodied exploration
by Allen, Kerry
- 469-477 Does parental capital influence the prevalence of child overweight and parental perceptions of child weight-level?
by Christensen, Vibeke T.
- 478-485 'I'm a bad mum': Pregnant presenteeism and poor health at work
by Gatrell, Caroline Jane
- 486-493 Gender and the hygiene hypothesis
by Clough, Sharyn
- 494-503 Explaining the curvilinear relationship between age at first birth and depression among women
by Carlson, Daniel L.
- 504-512 How do patients come to be seen as 'difficult'?: A mixed-methods study in community mental health care
by Koekkoek, B. & Hutschemaekers, G. & van Meijel, B. & Schene, A.
- 513-520 Professional relations in sport healthcare: Workplace responses to organisational change
by Malcolm, Dominic & Scott, Andrea
- 521-528 What does an e-mail address add? - Doing health and technology at home
by Andreassen, Hege K.
- 529-536 Negotiating competency, professionalism and risk: The integration of complementary and alternative medicine by nurses and midwives in NHS hospitals
by Cant, Sarah & Watts, Peter & Ruston, Annmarie
- 537-544 Translational science and the hidden research system in universities and academic hospitals: A case study
by Lander, Bryn & Atkinson-Grosjean, Janet
- 545-552 The "biosecuritization" of healthcare delivery: Examples of post-9/11 technological imperatives
by Fisher, Jill A. & Monahan, Torin
- 553-559 Constructing access in predictive medicine. Comparing classification for hereditary breast cancer risks in England, Germany and the Netherlands
by Aarden, Erik & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 560-567 Privatization of social services: Quality differences in Swedish elderly care
by Stolt, Ragnar & Blomqvist, Paula & Winblad, Ulrika
- 568-575 Factors in health initiative success: Learning from Nepal's newborn survival initiative
by Smith, Stephanie L. & Neupane, Shailes
- 576-583 Job loss and depression: The role of subjective expectations
by Mandal, Bidisha & Ayyagari, Padmaja & Gallo, William T.
- 584-590 Social capital and self-rated health in Colombia: The good, the bad and the ugly
by Hurtado, David & Kawachi, Ichiro & Sudarsky, John
- 591-599 The interaction of personal and parental education on health
by Ross, Catherine E. & Mirowsky, John
- 600-607 Social inequalities in the association between partner/marital status and health among workers in Spain
by Artazcoz, Lucia & Cortès, Imma & Borrell, Carme & Escribà-Agüir, Vicenta & Cascant, Lorena
- 608-616 Attributable risk of psychiatric and socio-economic factors for suicide from individual-level, population-based studies: A systematic review
by Li, Zhuoyang & Page, Andrew & Martin, Graham & Taylor, Richard
- 617-624 World health inequality: Convergence, divergence, and development
by Clark, Rob
- 625-633 Socioeconomic context and gastroschisis: Exploring associations at various geographic scales
by Root, Elisabeth D. & Meyer, Robert E. & Emch, Michael
2011, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 317-318 Health geography in 'Steel City': Selected papers from the XIII International Medical Geography Symposium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, July 2009
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Elliott, Susan J.
- 319-326 'Vulnerability is universal': Considering the place of 'security' and 'vulnerability' within contemporary global health discourse
by Brown, Tim
- 327-337 Entitlements to health care: Why is there a preference for private facilities among poorer residents of Chennai, India?
by Ergler, Christina R. & Sakdapolrak, Patrick & Bohle, Hans-Georg & Kearns, Robin A.
- 338-346 The influence of culture on home-based family caregiving at end-of-life: A case study of Dutch reformed family care givers in Ontario, Canada
by Donovan, Rhonda & Williams, Allison & Stajduhar, Kelli & Brazil, Kevin & Marshall, Denise
- 347-354 Telecare and older people: Who cares where?
by Milligan, Christine & Roberts, Celia & Mort, Maggie
- 355-364 Aboriginal peoples, health and healing approaches: The effects of age and place on health
by Wilson, Kathi & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Abonyi, Sylvia
- 365-372 Aging, health and place in residential care facilities in Beijing, China
by Cheng, Yang & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Wang, Wuyi & Yang, Linsheng & Li, Hairong
- 373-382 Explaining place-based colorectal cancer health disparities: Evidence from a rural context
by Beyer, Kirsten M.M. & Comstock, Sara & Seagren, Renea & Rushton, Gerard
- 383-388 Examining spatial variations in the prevalence of mental health problems among 5-year-old children in Canada
by Raos, Robert & Janus, Magdalena
- 389-397 Deprivation (im)mobility and cause-specific premature mortality in Scotland
by Exeter, Daniel J. & Boyle, Paul J. & Norman, Paul
- 398-407 Conflict and human African trypanosomiasis
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Lundine, Jamie & Breau, Sebastien
- 408-417 Malaria risk behaviours, socio-cultural practices and rural livelihoods in southern Tanzania: Implications for bednet usage
by Dunn, Christine E. & Le Mare, Ann & Makungu, Christina
- 418-429 Using a neural network for mining interpretable relationships of West Nile risk factors
by Ghosh, Debarchana & Guha, Rajarshi
- 430-438 Do area characteristics predict change in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity from ages 11 to 15 years?
by Pabayo, Roman & Belsky, Jay & Gauvin, Lise & Curtis, Sarah
- 439-445 Concept mapping of diet and physical activity: Uncovering local stakeholders perception in the Quebec City region
by Lebel, Alexandre & Cantinotti, Michael & Pampalon, Robert & Thériault, Marius & Smith, Lindsay A. & Hamelin, Anne-Marie
2011, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 125-128 The patchwork: Health reform, American style
by Marmor, Theodore & Oberlander, Jonathan
- 129-132 Historical and comparative reflections on the U.S. national health insurance reforms
by Light, Donald W.
- 133-141 Measuring and decomposing socioeconomic inequality in healthcare delivery: A microsimulation approach with application to the Palestinian conflict-affected fragile setting
by Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Moatti, Jean-Paul & Ventelou, Bruno
- 142-148 Impact of information on intentions to vaccinate in a potential epidemic: Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1)
by Chanel, Olivier & Luchini, Stéphane & Massoni, Sébastien & Vergnaud, Jean-Christophe
- 149-156 Fishing in dangerous waters: Ecology, gender and economy in HIV risk
by Mojola, Sanyu A.
- 157-165 Equity aspects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana: Who is enrolling, who is not and why?
by Jehu-Appiah, Caroline & Aryeetey, Genevieve & Spaan, Ernst & de Hoop, Thomas & Agyepong, Irene & Baltussen, Rob
- 166-172 Effect of the Arizona tobacco control program on cigarette consumption and healthcare expenditures
by Lightwood, James & Glantz, Stanton
- 173-184 Do the poor cost much more? The relationship between small area income deprivation and length of stay for elective hip replacement in the English NHS from 2001 to 2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro
- 185-192 Measuring and valuing productivity loss due to poor health: A critical review
by Zhang, Wei & Bansback, Nick & Anis, Aslam H.
- 193-201 Change in income and change in self-rated health: Systematic review of studies using repeated measures to control for confounding bias
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 202-205 The antagonism of push and pull strategies, and the current funding campaigns to fight orphan diseases
by Leoni, Patrick