Social Science & Medicine
2012, Volume 75, Issue 12
- 2425-2430 The duty to care in an influenza pandemic: A qualitative study of Canadian public perspectives
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Smith, Maxwell J. & Pisartchik, Dmitri & Sahni, Sachin & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2431-2436 Delayed and differential effects of the economic crisis in Sweden in the 1990s on health-related exclusion from the labour market: A health equity assessment
by Burström, B. & Nylén, L. & Barr, B. & Clayton, S. & Holland, P. & Whitehead, M.
- 2437-2445 Marginalized identities, discrimination burden, and mental health: Empirical exploration of an interpersonal-level approach to modeling intersectionality
by Seng, Julia S. & Lopez, William D. & Sperlich, Mickey & Hamama, Lydia & Reed Meldrum, Caroline D.
- 2446-2454 Birth weight, infant mortality, and race: Twin comparisons and genetic/environmental inputs
by Conley, Dalton & Strully, Kate W.
- 2455-2462 Capitals diminished, denied, mustered and deployed. A qualitative longitudinal study of women's four year trajectories after acute health crisis, Burkina Faso
by Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 2463-2471 Affordability as a discursive accomplishment in a changing National Health Service
by Russell, Jill & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 2472-2480 Contextual effect of different components of social capital on health in a suburban city of the greater Tokyo area: A multilevel analysis
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Wakui, Tomoko & Arami, Reiko & Sugawara, Ikuko & Yoshie, Satoru
- 2481-2492 An exploratory multilevel analysis of income, income inequality and self-rated health of the elderly in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Wang, Wenfei Winnie & Jones, Kelvyn & Li, Yaqing
- 2493-2502 Infant and fetal mortality among a high fertility and mortality population in the Bolivian Amazon
by Gurven, Michael
- 2503-2508 Household-based cash transfer targeting strategies in Zimbabwe: Are we reaching the most vulnerable children?
by Robertson, Laura & Mushati, Phyllis & Eaton, Jeffrey W. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makoni, Jeremiah C. & Skovdal, Morten & Crea, Tom & Mavise, Gideon & Dumba, Lovemore & Schumacher, Christina & Munyati, Shungu & Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2509-2514 “Pay them if it works”: Discrete choice experiments on the acceptability of financial incentives to change health related behaviour
by Promberger, Marianne & Dolan, Paul & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 2515-2521 Provider incentives and access to dental care: Evaluating NHS reforms in England
by Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 2522-2529 Stress and diabetes in socioeconomic context: A qualitative study of urban Indians
by Mendenhall, Emily & Shivashankar, Roopa & Tandon, Nikhil & Ali, Mohammed K. & Venkat Narayan, K.M. & Prabhakaran, Dorairaj
- 2530-2538 Labor migration and child mortality in Mozambique
by Yabiku, Scott T. & Agadjanian, Victor & Cau, Boaventura
2012, Volume 75, Issue 11
- 1925-1932 Moving beyond walkability: On the potential of health geography
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Hall, Edward & Evans, Bethan & Colls, Rachel
- 1933-1937 Changing health care quality paradigms: The rise of clinical guidelines and quality measures in American medicine
by Nigam, Amit
- 1938-1945 Deliberative dialogues as a mechanism for knowledge translation and exchange in health systems decision-making
by Boyko, Jennifer A. & Lavis, John N. & Abelson, Julia & Dobbins, Maureen & Carter, Nancy
- 1946-1953 The politics of action research: “If you don't like the way things are going, get off the bus”
by Nugus, Peter & Greenfield, David & Travaglia, Joanne & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 1954-1963 Geographic distribution of healthcare resources, healthcare service provision, and patient flow in Japan: A cross sectional study
by Shinjo, Daisuke & Aramaki, Toshiharu
- 1964-1973 When you can’t have the cake and eat it too
by Carlsen, Benedicte & Hole, Arne Risa & Kolstad, Julie Riise & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1974-1980 Stock or stroke? Stock market movement and stroke incidence in Taiwan
by Chen, Chun-Chih & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Lin, Ying-Tzu
- 1981-1988 Productivity cost calculations in health economic evaluations: Correcting for compensation mechanisms and multiplier effects
by Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Severens, Johan L. & Kaper, Janneke & Evers, Silvia M.A.A.
- 1989-1998 Childhood obesity and human capital accumulation
by Palermo, Tia M. & Dowd, Jennifer B.
- 1999-2006 Understanding recovery: Changes in the relationships of the International Classification of Functioning (ICF) components over time
by Davis, A.M. & Perruccio, A.V. & Ibrahim, S. & Hogg-Johnson, S. & Wong, R. & Badley, E.M.
- 2007-2012 Glitch in the gradient: Additional education does not uniformly equal better health
by Zajacova, Anna & Rogers, Richard G. & Johnson-Lawrence, Vicki
- 2013-2020 The influence of stress and social support on depressive symptoms in mothers with young children
by Manuel, Jennifer I. & Martinson, Melissa L. & Bledsoe-Mansori, Sarah E. & Bellamy, Jennifer L.
- 2021-2027 Training traditional birth attendants to use misoprostol and an absorbent delivery mat in home births
by Prata, Ndola & Quaiyum, Md. Abdul & Passano, Paige & Bell, Suzanne & Bohl, Daniel D. & Hossain, Shahed & Azmi, Ashrafi Jahan & Begum, Mohsina
- 2028-2036 Conceptualising the prevention of adverse obstetric outcomes among immigrants using the ‘three delays’ framework in a high-income context
by Binder, Pauline & Johnsdotter, Sara & Essén, Birgitta
- 2037-2046 Explaining suicide: Identifying common themes and diverse perspectives in an urban Mumbai slum
by Parkar, Shubhangi R. & Nagarsekar, Balkrishna B. & Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 2047-2054 The case for addressing explosive weapons: Conflict, violence and health
by Rappert, Brian & Moyes, Richard & Lang, Iain
2012, Volume 75, Issue 10
- 1721-1728 Personalizing medicine: Futures present and past
by Tutton, Richard
- 1729-1736 From bodies to lives, complainers to consumers: Measuring menstrual excess
by Hasson, Katie Ann
- 1737-1745 Liquid gold from the milk bar: Constructions of breastmilk and breastfeeding women in the language and practices of midwives
by Burns, E. & Schmied, V. & Fenwick, J. & Sheehan, A.
- 1746-1752 Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer
by Solbjør, Marit & Skolbekken, John-Arne & Sætnan, Ann Rudinow & Hagen, Anne Irene & Forsmo, Siri
- 1753-1761 Resistance, agency, and liminality in women's accounts of symptom appraisal and help-seeking upon discovery of a breast irregularity
by Granek, Leeat & Fergus, Karen
- 1762-1768 Repressive authenticity in the quest for legitimacy: Surveillance and the contested illness lawsuit
by Phillips, Tarryn
- 1769-1777 “Community ambassadors” for South Asian elder immigrants: Late-life acculturation and the roles of community health workers
by Blair, Thomas R.W.
- 1778-1785 Paying for performance and the social relations of health care provision: An anthropological perspective
by Magrath, Priscilla & Nichter, Mark
- 1786-1792 Hidden costs: The direct and indirect impact of user fees on access to malaria treatment and primary care in Mali
by Johnson, Ari & Goss, Adeline & Beckerman, Jessica & Castro, Arachu
- 1793-1799 The social dimensions of safety incident reporting in maternity care: The influence of working relationships and group processes
by Lindsay, Patricia & Sandall, Jane & Humphrey, Charlotte
- 1800-1810 Revenue, relationships and routines: The social organization of acute myocardial infarction patient transfers in the United States
by Veinot, Tiffany C. & Bosk, Emily A. & Unnikrishnan, K.P. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 1811-1819 Canadian family physicians’ decision to collaborate: Age, period and cohort effects
by Sarma, Sisira & Devlin, Rose Anne & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
- 1820-1827 Financial protection mechanisms for inpatients at selected Philippine hospitals
by Caballes, Alvin B. & Söllner, Walter & Nañagas, Juan
- 1828-1835 How does searching for health information on the Internet affect individuals' demand for health care services?
by Suziedelyte, Agne
- 1836-1843 A universal preference for equality in health? Reasons to reconsider properties of applied social welfare functions
by Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1844-1854 The impact of drinking on psychological well-being: Evidence from minimum drinking age laws in the United States
by Ertan Yörük, Ceren & Yörük, Barış K.
- 1855-1863 Motorcycle fatalities among out-of-state riders and the role of universal helmet laws
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin & Homer, Jenny F.
- 1864-1873 The impact of pensions on health and wellbeing in rural South Africa: Does gender matter?
by Schatz, Enid & Gómez-Olivé, Xavier & Ralston, Margaret & Menken, Jane & Tollman, Stephen
- 1874-1882 Psychological well-being of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest old in China: The role of children
by Liu, Guangya & Dupre, Matthew E. & Gu, Danan & Mair, Christine A. & Chen, Feinian
- 1883-1890 Familial risk of premature cardiovascular mortality and the impact of intergenerational occupational class mobility
by Tiikkaja, Sanna & Olsson, Marita & Malki, Ninoa & Modin, Bitte & Sparén, Pär
- 1891-1894 Inequality and the association between involuntary job loss and depressive symptoms
by Berchick, Edward R. & Gallo, William T. & Maralani, Vida & Kasl, Stanislav V.
- 1895-1902 Neighborhood social capital and crime victimization: Comparison of spatial regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis
by Takagi, Daisuke & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1903-1911 A theory of how rural health services contribute to community sustainability
by Farmer, Jane & Prior, Maria & Taylor, Judy
- 1912-1920 How families of children with complex care needs participate in everyday life
by Woodgate, Roberta Lynn & Edwards, Marie & Ripat, Jacquie
2012, Volume 75, Issue 9
- 1555-1561 HIV and chemoprophylaxis, the importance of considering social structures alongside biomedical and behavioral intervention
by Roberts, Eric T. & Matthews, Derrick D.
- 1572-1580 The logical underpinnings and benefits of pooled pharmaceutical procurement: A pragmatic role for our public institutions?
by Huff-Rousselle, Maggie
- 1581-1588 The migration decisions of physicians in Canada: The roles of immigrant status and spousal characteristics
by McDonald, James Ted & Worswick, Christopher
- 1589-1594 Do workers underreport morbidity? The accuracy of self-reports of chronic conditions
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Jürges, Hendrik
- 1595-1603 Allocation of authority in European health policy
by Adolph, Christopher & Greer, Scott L. & Massard da Fonseca, Elize
- 1604-1611 Involving citizens in the ethics of biobank research: Informing institutional policy through structured public deliberation
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Burgess, Michael M.
- 1612-1616 Impact of gender-based career obstacles on the working status of women physicians in Japan
by Nomura, Kyoko & Gohchi, Kengo
- 1617-1624 A social learning perspective on the development of doctors in the UK National Health Service
by Spilg, Edward & Siebert, Sabina & Martin, Graeme
- 1625-1632 Remaking surgical socialization: Work hour restrictions, rites of passage, and occupational identity
by Veazey Brooks, Joanna & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1633-1641 The chromosome 22q11.2 deletion: From the unification of biomedical fields to a new kind of genetic condition
by Navon, Daniel & Shwed, Uri
- 1642-1649 Diagnosis as a social determinant: The development of prosocial behaviour before and after an autism spectrum diagnosis
by Russell, Ginny & Kelly, Susan E. & Ford, Tamsin & Steer, Colin
- 1650-1659 When patients portray their conduct as normal and healthy: An interactional challenge for thorough substance use history taking
by Denvir, Paul M.
- 1660-1672 The mental health gender-gap in urban India: Patterns and narratives
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Ranendra Kumar & Das, Veena
- 1673-1684 Heavy agricultural workloads and low crop diversity are strong barriers to improving child feeding practices in the Bolivian Andes
by Jones, Andrew D. & Cruz Agudo, Yesmina & Galway, Lindsay & Bentley, Jeffery & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 1685-1691 Condoms “contain worms” and “cause HIV” in Tanzania: Negative Condom Beliefs Scale development and implications for HIV prevention
by Siegler, Aaron J. & Mbwambo, Jessie K. & McCarty, Frances A. & DiClemente, Ralph J.
- 1692-1696 The importance of full-time work for urban adults' mental and physical health
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Carroll-Scott, Amy & Earnshaw, Valerie A. & Santilli, Alycia & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 1697-1707 The contribution of stress to the social patterning of clinical and subclinical CVD risk factors in African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study
by Gebreab, Samson Y. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Boykin, Shawn & Sims, Mario & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Taylor, Herman A. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1708-1714 Post-disaster psychosocial services across Europe: The TENTS project
by Witteveen, Anke B. & Bisson, Jonathan I. & Ajdukovic, Dean & Arnberg, Filip K. & Bergh Johannesson, Kerstin & Bolding, Hendrieke B. & Elklit, Ask & Jehel, Louis & Johansen, Venke A. & Lis-Turlejska, Maja & Nordanger, Dag O. & Orengo-García, Francisco & Polak, A. Rosaura & Punamaki, Raija-Leena & Schnyder, Ulrich & Wittmann, Lutz & Olff, Miranda
- 1715-1720 The mechanisms that associate community social capital with post-disaster mental health: A multilevel model
by Wind, Tim R. & Komproe, Ivan H.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 8
- 1329-1341 In sickness and in health: Same-sex marriage laws and sexually transmitted infections
by Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M. & Peng, Handie
- 1342-1350 The role of defamilialization in the relationship between partnership and self-rated health: A cross-national comparison of Canada and the United States
by Clouston, Sean A.P. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 1351-1361 Maximising health versus sharing: Measuring preferences for the allocation of the health budget
by Richardson, Jeff & Sinha, Kompal & Iezzi, Angelo & Maxwell, Aimee
- 1362-1371 Behavioral adjustment to avian flu in Europe during spring 2006: The roles of knowledge and proximity to risk
by Rudisill, Caroline & Costa-Font, Joan & Mossialos, Elias
- 1372-1378 Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986–2007
by Watanabe, Ryo & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1379-1386 Smoking among construction workers: The nonlinear influence of the economy, cigarette prices, and antismoking sentiment
by Okechukwu, Cassandra & Bacic, Janine & Cheng, Kai-Wen & Catalano, Ralph
- 1387-1391 ‘Responsible drinking’ programs and the alcohol industry in Brazil: Killing two birds with one stone?
by Pantani, Daniela & Sparks, Robert & M. Sanchez, Zila & Pinsky, Ilana
- 1392-1399 Women's health in urban Mali: Social predictors and health itineraries
by Bove, Riley M. & Vala-Haynes, Emily & Valeggia, Claudia R.
- 1400-1407 Investigating the potential for ethnic group harm in collaborative genomics research in Africa: Is ethnic stigmatisation likely?
by de Vries, Jantina & Jallow, Muminatou & Williams, Thomas N. & Kwiatkowski, Dominic & Parker, Michael & Fitzpatrick, Raymond
- 1408-1416 “Not all my fault”: Genetics, stigma, and personal responsibility for women with eating disorders
by Easter, Michele M.
- 1417-1425 Gender-based violence and HIV sexual risk behavior: Alcohol use and mental health problems as mediators among women in drinking venues, Cape Town
by Pitpitan, Eileen V. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Eaton, Lisa A. & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Watt, Melissa H. & Skinner, Donald
- 1426-1432 Living on the margin: Understanding the experience of living and dying with frailty in old age
by Nicholson, C. & Meyer, J. & Flatley, M. & Holman, C. & Lowton, K.
- 1433-1440 Science, politics, and health in the brave new world of pharmaceutical carcinogenic risk assessment: Technical progress or cycle of regulatory capture?
by Abraham, John & Ballinger, Rachel
- 1441-1449 Static, dynamic, integrated, and contextualized: A framework for understanding mental health service utilization among young adults
by Munson, Michelle R. & Jaccard, James & Smalling, Susan E. & Kim, Hyunsoo & Werner, James J. & Scott, Lionel D.
- 1450-1459 Does socio-economic status explain use of modern and traditional health care services?
by Sato, Azusa
- 1460-1468 Spatial analysis of suicide mortality in Australia: Investigation of metropolitan-rural-remote differentials of suicide risk across states/territories
by Cheung, Yee Tak Derek & Spittal, Matthew J. & Pirkis, Jane & Yip, Paul Siu Fai
- 1469-1476 Association of neighbourhood residence and preferences with the built environment, work-related travel behaviours, and health implications for employed adults: Findings from the URBAN study
by Badland, Hannah M. & Oliver, Melody & Kearns, Robin A. & Mavoa, Suzanne & Witten, Karen & Duncan, Mitch J. & Batty, G. David
- 1477-1487 Bringing the individual back to small-area variation studies: A multilevel analysis of all-cause mortality in Andalusia, Spain
by Merlo, Juan & Viciana-Fernández, Francisco J. & Ramiro-Fariñas, Diego
- 1488-1496 Associations among social capital, parenting for active lifestyles, and youth physical activity in rural families living in upstate New York
by Davison, Kirsten K. & Nishi, Akihiro & Kranz, Sibylle & Wyckoff, Lynae & May, John J. & Earle-Richardson, Giulia B. & Strogatz, David S. & Jenkins, Paul L.
- 1497-1504 Early life socioeconomic conditions in rural areas and old-age mortality in twentieth-century Quebec
by Gagnon, Alain & Bohnert, Nora
- 1505-1513 Geographic variation in participation for physically disabled adults: The contribution of area economic factors to employment after spinal cord injury
by Botticello, Amanda L. & Chen, Yuying & Tulsky, David S.
- 1514-1522 Measuring change in health care equity using small-area administrative data – Evidence from the English NHS 2001–2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro & Donni, Paolo Li
- 1523-1530 Early childhood economic disadvantage and the health of Hispanic children
by Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 1531-1538 The impact of childhood sickness on adult socioeconomic outcomes: Evidence from late 19th century America
by Warren, John Robert & Knies, Laurie & Haas, Steven & Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 1539-1546 The inconsistent mediating effects of psychosocial work characteristics on the education–health relationship
by Qiu, Hanyao & Bures, Regina & Shehan, Constance L.
- 1547-1554 The role of personal characteristics in the relationship between health and psychological distress among kidney transplant recipients
by Schulz, Torben & Niesing, Jan & Stewart, Roy E. & Westerhuis, Ralf & Hagedoorn, Mariet & Ploeg, Rutger J. & Homan van der Heide, Jaap J. & Ranchor, Adelita V.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 7
- 1143-1155 Community-level correlates of intimate partner violence against women globally: A systematic review
by VanderEnde, Kristin E. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Dynes, Michelle M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1156-1162 Social welfare and the Affordable Care Act: Is it ever optimal to set aside comparative cost?
by Mortimer, Duncan & Peacock, Stuart
- 1163-1174 Psychosocial work stressors as antecedents of musculoskeletal problems: A systematic review and meta-analysis of stability-adjusted longitudinal studies
by Lang, Jessica & Ochsmann, Elke & Kraus, Thomas & Lang, Jonas W.B.
- 1175-1183 Is there evidence that friends influence body weight? A systematic review of empirical research
by Cunningham, Solveig A. & Vaquera, Elizabeth & Maturo, Claire C. & Venkat Narayan, K.M.
- 1184-1191 Social networks and risk for depressive symptoms in a national sample of sexual minority youth
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & McLaughlin, Katie A. & Xuan, Ziming
- 1192-1201 Candidate change agent identification among men at risk for HIV infection
by Schneider, John A. & McFadden, Rachel B. & Laumann, Edward O. & Prem Kumar, S.G. & Gandham, Sabitha R. & Oruganti, Ganesh
- 1202-1212 Patient–physician relationships in second opinion encounters – The physicians’ perspective
by Greenfield, Geva & Pliskin, Joseph S. & Feder-Bubis, Paula & Wientroub, Shlomo & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 1213-1221 Towards comprehensive malaria planning: The effect of government capacity, health policy, and land use variables on malaria incidence in India
by Boussalis, Constantine & Nelson, Hal T. & Swaminathan, Siddharth
- 1222-1229 Using documents to investigate links between implementation and sustainability in a complex community intervention: The PRISM study
by Willis, Karen & Small, Rhonda & Brown, Stephanie
- 1230-1235 How to identify science being bent: The tobacco industry's fight to deny second-hand smoking health hazards as an example
by Rochel de Camargo, Kenneth
- 1236-1243 A will to youth: The woman’s anti-aging elixir
by Smirnova, Michelle Hannah
- 1244-1253 Out of our inner city backyards: Re-scaling urban environmental health inequity assessment
by Masuda, Jeffrey R. & Teelucksingh, Cheryl & Zupancic, Tara & Crabtree, Alexis & Haber, Rebecca & Skinner, Emily & Poland, Blake & Frankish, Jim & Fridell, Mara
- 1254-1262 The relationship between diet and perceived and objective access to supermarkets among low-income housing residents
by Caspi, Caitlin E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Adamkiewicz, Gary & Sorensen, Glorian
- 1263-1270 African-American/white differences in the age of menarche: Accounting for the difference
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Fang, Muriel Z. & Gardner, William P. & Pajer, Kathleen
- 1271-1279 Neighborhood stressors and cardiovascular health: Crime and C-reactive protein in Dallas, USA
by Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Iveniuk, James
- 1280-1287 The changing gender differences in life expectancy in Korea 1970–2005
by Yang, Seungmi & Khang, Young-Ho & Chun, Heeran & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John
- 1288-1295 Social capital and health of older Europeans: Causal pathways and health inequalities
by Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry
- 1296-1302 Intergenerational financial transfers and health in a national sample from France
by Scodellaro, Claire & Khlat, Myriam & Jusot, Florence
- 1303-1310 Household economic resources, labour-market advantage and health problems – A study on causal relationships using prospective register data
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1311-1320 A life course model of self-rated health through adolescence and young adulthood
by Bauldry, Shawn & Shanahan, Michael J. & Boardman, Jason D. & Miech, Richard A. & Macmillan, Ross
- 1321-1328 High school students’ posttraumatic symptoms, substance abuse and involvement in violence in the aftermath of war
by Schiff, Miriam & Pat-Horenczyk, Ruth & Benbenishty, Rami & Brom, Danny & Baum, Naomi & Astor, Ron Avi
2012, Volume 75, Issue 6
- 955-958 Race, ethnicity and health: The costs and benefits of conceptualising racism and ethnicity
by Bradby, Hannah
- 959-975 Intimate partner violence against adult women and its association with major depressive disorder, depressive symptoms and postpartum depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Beydoun, May A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Lo, Bruce & Zonderman, Alan B.
- 976-985 What do we know about the experience of age related macular degeneration? A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Bennion, Amy E. & Shaw, Rachel L. & Gibson, Jonathan M.
- 990-996 Population heterogeneity in the impact of body weight on mortality
by Zheng, Hui & Yang, Yang
- 997-1005 Disaggregating Canadian immigrant smoking behaviour by country of birth
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Neligan, David
- 1006-1014 Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian Americans
by Zhang, Wei & Hong, Seunghye & Takeuchi, David T. & Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 1015-1021 Geographically-based discrimination is a social determinant of mental health in a deprived or stigmatized area in Japan: A cross-sectional study
by Tabuchi, Takahiro & Fukuhara, Hiroyuki & Iso, Hiroyasu
- 1022-1031 The role of geographic scale in testing the income inequality hypothesis as an explanation of health disparities
by Chen, Zhuo & Gotway Crawford, Carol A.
- 1032-1037 Weighing the contributions of material and social area deprivation to preterm birth
by Auger, Nathalie & Park, Alison L. & Gamache, Philippe & Pampalon, Robert & Daniel, Mark
- 1038-1047 Neighborhood-level stressors, social support, and diurnal patterns of cortisol: The Chicago Community Adult Health Study
by Karb, Rebecca A. & Elliott, Michael R. & Dowd, Jennifer B. & Morenoff, Jeffrey D.
- 1048-1056 Food outlet availability, deprivation and obesity in a multi-ethnic sample of pregnant women in Bradford, UK
by Fraser, L.K. & Edwards, K.L. & Tominitz, M. & Clarke, G.P. & Hill, A.J.
- 1057-1066 Building patient-centeredness: Hospital design as an interpretive act
by Bromley, Elizabeth
- 1067-1077 Vulnerability of indigenous health to climate change: A case study of Uganda's Batwa Pygmies
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Dingle, Kathryn & Ford, James D. & Lee, Celine & Lwasa, Shuaib & Namanya, Didas B. & Henderson, Jim & Llanos, Alejandro & Carcamo, Cesar & Edge, Victoria
- 1078-1087 Enhancing adolescent self-efficacy and collective efficacy through public engagement around HIV/AIDS competence: A multilevel, cluster randomized-controlled trial
by Carlson, Mary & Brennan, Robert T. & Earls, Felton
- 1088-1096 Explanatory models of diabetes in the U.S. and Mexico: The patient–provider gap and cultural competence
by Weller, Susan C. & Baer, Roberta D. & Garcia de Alba Garcia, Javier & Salcedo Rocha, Ana L.
- 1097-1105 Cruel disease, cruel medicine: Self-treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with harmful chemical substances in Suriname
by Ramdas, Sahienshadebie
- 1106-1113 Experiences of fathering a baby admitted to neonatal intensive care: A critical gender analysis
by Deeney, Kathleen & Lohan, Maria & Spence, Dale & Parkes, Jackie
- 1114-1121 The promotion of unhealthy habits in gay, lesbian, and straight intimate partnerships
by Reczek, Corinne
- 1122-1127 Effects of contact with treatment users on mental illness stigma: Evidence from university roommate assignments
by Eisenberg, Daniel & Downs, Marilyn F. & Golberstein, Ezra
- 1128-1133 Associations of physical symptoms with perceived need for and use of mental health services among Latino and Asian Americans
by Bauer, Amy M. & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 1134-1141 From cottage industry to a dominant mode of primary care: Stages in the diffusion of a health care innovation (retail clinics)
by McKinlay, John B. & Marceau, Lisa D.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 5
- 775-783 Medicalization and pharmaceuticalization at the intersections: Looking backward, sideways and forward
by Bell, Susan E. & Figert, Anne E.
- 784-794 Formulation of work stress in 1960–2000: Analysis of scientific works from the perspective of historical sociology
by Väänänen, Ari & Anttila, Erkko & Turtiainen, Jussi & Varje, Pekka
- 795-800 Intra-organizational dynamics as drivers of entrepreneurship among physicians and managers in hospitals of western countries
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 801-806 Cost-effectiveness analysis of human resources policy interventions to address the shortage of nurses in rural South Africa
by Lagarde, Mylene & Blaauw, Duane & Cairns, John
- 807-814 The struggle to improve patient care in the face of professional boundaries
by Powell, Alison E. & Davies, Huw T.O.
- 815-822 Moving towards culturally competent health systems: Organizational and market factors
by Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Elliott, Marc N. & Pradhan, Rohit & Schiller, Cameron & Dreachslin, Janice & Hays, Ron D.
- 823-827 The rights of psychiatric patients in China: A survey of medical staff and consumers' attitudes toward patient participation in clinical trials
by Su, Liang & Huang, Jingjing & Mellor, David & Yang, Weimin & McCabe, Marita & Shen, Yifeng & Li, Huafang & Wang, Weichun & Xu, Yifeng
- 828-835 Listening to the rural health workers in Papua New Guinea – The social factors that influence their motivation to work
by Razee, Husna & Whittaker, Maxine & Jayasuriya, Rohan & Yap, Lorraine & Brentnall, Lee
- 836-844 On ethical locations: The good death in Thailand, where ethics sit in places
by Stonington, Scott D.
- 845-853 Cultural differences affecting euthanasia practice in Belgium: One law but different attitudes and practices in Flanders and Wallonia
by Cohen, Joachim & Van Wesemael, Yanna & Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Deliens, Luc
- 854-858 Minority status and health information search: A test of the social diversification hypothesis
by Mesch, Gustavo & Mano, Rita & Tsamir, Judith
- 859-863 Unmet needs among disabled elderly Malaysians
by Momtaz, Yadollah Abolfathi & Hamid, Tengku Aizan & Ibrahim, Rahimah
- 864-872 One more chemo or one too many? Defining the limits of treatment and innovation in medical oncology
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 873-882 "They should take time": Disclosure of clinical trial results as part of a social relationship
by Sarradon-Eck, Aline & Sakoyan, Juliette & Desclaux, Alice & Mancini, Julien & Genre, Dominique & Julian-Reynier, Claire
- 883-891 Revisiting “her” infertility: Medicalized embodiment, self-identification and distress
by Johnson, Katherine M. & Fledderjohann, Jasmine
- 892-900 ‘Relax and take a deep breath’: Print media coverage of asthma and air pollution in the United States
by Mayer, Brian
- 901-904 Social network type and health-related behaviors: Evidence from an American national survey
by Shiovitz-Ezra, Sharon & Litwin, Howard
- 905-913 Socioeconomic equity in amenable mortality in Finland 1992–2008
by Lumme, Sonja & Sund, Reijo & Leyland, Alastair H. & Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 914-921 Environmental factors associated with primary care access among urban older adults
by Ryvicker, Miriam & Gallo, William T. & Fahs, Marianne C.
- 922-931 Racial/ethnic and gender differences in the association between self-reported experiences of racial/ethnic discrimination and inflammation in the CARDIA cohort of 4 US communities
by Cunningham, Timothy J. & Seeman, Teresa E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Jacobs, David R. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 932-939 The association between parent’s health and the educational attainment of their children
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B. & Miech, Richard A. & MacMillan, Ross & Shanahan, Michael J.
- 940-945 Gender differences on the impacts of social exclusion on mortality among older Japanese: AGES cohort study
by Saito, Masashige & Kondo, Naoki & Kondo, Katsunori & Ojima, Toshiyuki & Hirai, Hiroshi
- 946-953 Health effects of downsizing survival and job loss in Norway
by Østhus, Ståle
2012, Volume 75, Issue 4
- 589-594 Challenges to changing health behaviours in developing countries: A critical overview
by Aboud, Frances E. & Singla, Daisy R.
- 595-603 Health insurance and health-seeking behavior: Evidence from a randomized community-based insurance rollout in rural Burkina Faso
by Robyn, Paul Jacob & Fink, Günther & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 604-611 Interim evaluation of a large scale sanitation, hygiene and water improvement programme on childhood diarrhea and respiratory disease in rural Bangladesh
by Huda, Tarique Md. Nurul & Unicomb, Leanne & Johnston, Richard B. & Halder, Amal K. & Yushuf Sharker, Md. Abu & Luby, Stephen P.
- 612-621 Behaviour change communication targeting four health behaviours in developing countries: A review of change techniques
by Briscoe, Ciara & Aboud, Frances
- 622-633 Systematic review of behavior change research on point-of-use water treatment interventions in countries categorized as low- to medium-development on the human development index
by Parker Fiebelkorn, Amy & Person, Bobbie & Quick, Robert E. & Vindigni, Stephen M. & Jhung, Michael & Bowen, Anna & Riley, Patricia L.
- 634-642 Understanding why women adopt and sustain home water treatment: Insights from the Malawi antenatal care program
by Wood, Siri & Foster, Jennifer & Kols, Adrienne
- 643-650 Social communication network analysis of the role of participatory research in the adoption of new fish consumption behaviors
by Mertens, Frédéric & Saint-Charles, Johanne & Mergler, Donna
- 651-658 Caregivers' responses to an intervention to improve young child feeding behaviors in rural Bangladesh: A mixed method study of the facilitators and barriers to change
by Affleck, William & Pelto, Gretel
- 659-667 The influence of cognitive-perceptual variables on patterns of change over time in rural midlife and older women’s healthy eating
by Yates, Bernice C. & Pullen, Carol H. & Santo, Jonathan Bruce & Boeckner, Linda & Hageman, Patricia A. & Dizona, Paul J. & Walker, Susan Noble
- 668-675 Process assessment of a peer education programme for HIV prevention among sex workers in Dhaka, Bangladesh : A social support framework
by Sarafian, Isabelle
- 676-687 A meta-analysis of the efficacy of HIV/AIDS prevention interventions in Asia, 1995–2009
by Tan, Judy Y. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Warren, Michelle R. & Carey, Michael P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 688-698 A role for depression in sexual risk reduction for women? A meta-analysis of HIV prevention trials with depression outcomes
by Lennon, Carter A. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Gerwien, Daniel P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 699-708 Contextualization of HIV and HPV risk and prevention among Pacific Islander young adults in Southern California
by DiStefano, Anthony S. & Hui, Brian & Barrera-Ng, Angelica & Quitugua, Lourdes F. & Peters, Ruth & Dimaculangan, Jeany & Vunileva, Isileli & Tui'one, Vanessa & Takahashi, Lois M. & Tanjasiri, Sora Park
- 709-716 Women's childbirth preferences and practices in the United States
by Miller, Amy Chasteen & Shriver, Thomas E.
- 717-724 Leveraging the “living laboratory”: On the emergence of the entrepreneurial hospital
by French, Martin & Miller, Fiona Alice
- 725-732 IVF policy and global/local politics: The making of multiple-embryo transfer regulation in Taiwan
by Wu, Chia-Ling
- 733-737 High caesarean section rate in rural China: Is it related to health insurance (New Co-operative Medical Scheme)?
by Long, Qian & Klemetti, Reija & Wang, Yang & Tao, Fangbiao & Yan, Hong & Hemminki, Elina
- 738-746 Consumer preferences for household water treatment products in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Poulos, Christine & Yang, Jui-Chen & Patil, Sumeet R. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu & Wood, Siri & Goodyear, Lorelei & Gonzalez, Juan Marcos
- 747-751 Community-level socioeconomic status and parental smoking in Japan
by Takeuchi, Kenji & Aida, Jun & Morita, Manabu & Ando, Yuichi & Osaka, Ken
- 754-760 Correlation or causation? Income inequality and infant mortality in fixed effects models in the period 1960–2008 in 34 OECD countries
by Avendano, Mauricio
- 761-769 The persistence of health inequalities in modern welfare states: The explanation of a paradox
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 439-451 Effect of unequal employment status on workers’ health: Results from a Japanese national survey
by Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Inoue, Mariko & Yano, Eiji
- 459-468 Birthweight of children of immigrants by maternal duration of residence in the United States
by Teitler, Julien O. & Hutto, Nathan & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 469-476 Ethnic disparities in adolescent body mass index in the United States: The role of parental socioeconomic status and economic contextual factors
by Powell, Lisa M. & Wada, Roy & Krauss, Ramona C. & Wang, Youfa
- 477-481 Family income and childhood obesity in eight European cities: The mediating roles of Neighborhood characteristics and physical activity
by Evans, Gary W. & Jones-Rounds, McKenzie L. & Belojevic, Goran & Vermeylen, Francoise
- 482-490 Associations of economic and gender inequality with global obesity prevalence: Understanding the female excess
by Wells, Jonathan C.K. & Marphatia, Akanksha A. & Cole, Tim J. & McCoy, David
- 491-495 Residential property values are associated with obesity among women in King County, WA, USA
by Rehm, Colin D. & Moudon, Anne V. & Hurvitz, Philip M. & Drewnowski, Adam
- 496-504 Parental employment and work-family stress: Associations with family food environments
by Bauer, Katherine W. & Hearst, Mary O. & Escoto, Kamisha & Berge, Jerica M. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 505-510 Measuring the payback of research activities: A feasible ex-post evaluation methodology in epidemiology and public health
by Aymerich, Marta & Carrion, Carme & Gallo, Pedro & Garcia, Maria & López-Bermejo, Abel & Quesada, Miquel & Ramos, Rafel
- 511-515 Performance of female volunteer community health workers in Dhaka urban slums
by Alam, Khurshid & Tasneem, Sakiba & Oliveras, Elizabeth
- 516-525 “911” among West African immigrants in New York City: A qualitative study of parents' disciplinary practices and their perceptions of child welfare authorities
by Rasmussen, Andrew & Akinsulure-Smith, Adeyinka & Chu, Tracy & Keatley, Eva
- 526-530 Transition to retirement and risk of cardiovascular disease: Prospective analysis of the US health and retirement study
by Moon, J. Robin & Glymour, M. Maria & Subramanian, S.V. & Avendaño, Mauricio & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 531-537 Revealing mental health status in Iran's capital: Putting equity and efficiency together
by Morasae, Esmaeil Khedmati & Forouzan, Ameneh Setareh & Asadi-Lari, Mohsen & Majdzadeh, Reza
- 538-547 “From this place and of this place:” Climate change, sense of place, and health in Nunatsiavut, Canada
by Cunsolo Willox, Ashlee & Harper, Sherilee L. & Ford, James D. & Landman, Karen & Houle, Karen & Edge, Victoria L.
- 548-554 Haunted by ghosts: Prevalence, predictors and outcomes of spirit possession experiences among former child soldiers and war-affected civilians in Northern Uganda
by Neuner, Frank & Pfeiffer, Anett & Schauer-Kaiser, Elisabeth & Odenwald, Michael & Elbert, Thomas & Ertl, Verena
- 555-564 Idioms of distress, ethnopsychology, and the clinical encounter in Haiti's Central Plateau
by Keys, Hunter M. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Khoury, Nayla M. & Brewster, Aimée-Rika T.