Social Science & Medicine
2009, Volume 69, Issue 9
- 1306-1310 Neighbourhoods in eco-epidemiologic research: Delimiting personal exposure areas. A response to Riva, Gauvin, Apparicio and Brodeur
by Chaix, Basile & Merlo, Juan & Evans, David & Leal, Cinira & Havard, Sabrina
- 1311-1313 From place-based to people-based exposure measures
by Kwan, Mei-Po
- 1314-1322 City structure, obesity, and environmental justice: An integrated analysis of physical and social barriers to walkable streets and park access
by Cutts, Bethany B. & Darby, Kate J. & Boone, Christopher G. & Brewis, Alexandra
- 1323-1332 Social capital, gender and self-rated health. Evidence from the Moscow Health Survey 2004
by Ferlander, Sara & Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 1333-1342 Rising U.S. income inequality, gender and individual self-rated health, 1972-2004
by Zheng, Hui
- 1343-1350 The relative contribution of income inequality and imprisonment to the variation in homicide rates among Developed (OECD), South and Central American countries
by Nadanovsky, Paulo & Cunha-Cruz, Joana
- 1351-1359 Willingness to pay for health insurance: An analysis of the potential market for new low-cost health insurance products in Namibia
by Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & Asfaw, Abay & van der Gaag, Jacques
- 1360-1367 Inequality in individual mortality and economic conditions earlier in life
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Lopez, Marta
- 1368-1376 Why doctors choose small towns: A developmental model of rural physician recruitment and retention
by Hancock, Christine & Steinbach, Alan & Nesbitt, Thomas S. & Adler, Shelley R. & Auerswald, Colette L.
- 1377-1386 A model of mother-child adjustment in Arab Muslim immigrants to the US
by Aroian, Karen & Hough, Edythe S. & Templin, Thomas N. & Kulwicki, Anahid & Ramaswamy, Vidya & Katz, Anne
- 1387-1394 Anger, PTSD, and the nuclear family: A study of Cambodian refugees
by Hinton, Devon E. & Rasmussen, Andrew & Nou, Leakhena & Pollack, Mark H. & Good, Mary-Jo
- 1395-1401 A "usual occurrence:" Stress incontinence among reproductive aged women in Sri Lanka
by Hemachandra, Nilmini N. & Rajapaksa, Lalini C. & Manderson, Lenore
- 1402-1408 Governing childhood obesity: Framing regulation of fast food advertising in the Australian print media
by Henderson, Julie & Coveney, John & Ward, Paul & Taylor, Anne
- 1409-1415 Involuntary autonomy: Patients' perceptions of physicians, conventional medicines and risks in the management of atopic dermatitis
by Noerreslet, Mikkel & Jemec, Gregor B.E. & Traulsen, Janine M.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 8
- 1137-1143 Negotiating 'depression' in primary care: A qualitative study
by McPherson, Susan & Armstrong, David
- 1144-1146 When diagnosis fails: A commentary on McPherson & Armstrong
by Dowrick, Christopher
- 1147-1154 Demographic data in asthma clinical trials: A systematic review with implications for generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities
by Frampton, Geoff K. & Shepherd, Jonathan & Dorne, Jean-Lou C.M.
- 1155-1156 Considering race/ethnicity and socio-economic status in randomized controlled trials. A commentary on Frampton et al.'s systematic review generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities in asthma research
by Kreatsoulas, Catherine & Anand, Sonia
- 1157-1166 Empowering sex workers in India to reduce vulnerability to HIV and sexually transmitted diseases
by Swendeman, Dallas & Basu, Ishika & Das, Sankari & Jana, Smarajit & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 1167-1176 Alcohol and transactional sex: How risky is the mix?
by Norris, Alison H. & Kitali, Amani J. & Worby, Eric
- 1177-1185 Public-sector ART in the Free State Province, South Africa: Community support as an important determinant of outcome
by Wouters, Edwin & Van Damme, Wim & Van Loon, Francis & van Rensburg, Dingie & Meulemans, Herman
- 1186-1193 Cumulative risk and AIDS-orphanhood: Interactions of stigma, bullying and poverty on child mental health in South Africa
by Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark
- 1194-1203 Mental health, substance use and suicidal behaviour among young indigenous people in the Arctic: A systematic review
by Lehti, Venla & Niemelä, Solja & Hoven, Christina & Mandell, Donald & Sourander, Andre
- 1204-1210 Coming 'down here': Young people's reflections on becoming entrenched in a local drug scene
by Fast, Danya & Small, Will & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 1211-1219 Postnatal mental distress in relation to the sociocultural practices of childbirth: An exploratory qualitative study from Ethiopia
by Hanlon, Charlotte & Whitley, Rob & Wondimagegn, Dawit & Alem, Atalay & Prince, Martin
- 1220-1227 The etiquette of endometriosis: Stigmatisation, menstrual concealment and the diagnostic delay
by Seear, Kate
- 1228-1235 "Someone's rooting for you": Continuity, advocacy and street-level bureaucracy in UK maternal healthcare
by Finlay, Susanna & Sandall, Jane
- 1236-1245 Does government provision of healthcare explain the relationship between income inequality and low birthweight?
by Lhila, Aparna
- 1246-1251 Crediting his critics' concerns: Remaking John Snow's map of Broad Street cholera, 1854
by Koch, Tom & Denike, Kenneth
- 1252-1260 Do ethnic and socio-economic inequalities in mortality vary by region in New Zealand? An application of hierarchical Bayesian modelling
by Richardson, Ken & Blakely, Tony & Young, Jim & Graham, Patrick & Tobias, Martin
- 1261-1271 Contextual effects on health care access among immigrants: Lessons from three ethnic communities in Hawaii
by Choi, Jin Young
- 1272-1280 The relative contributions of hostility and depressive symptoms to the income gradient in hospital-based incidence of ischaemic heart disease: 12-Year follow-up findings from the GLOBE study
by Klabbers, Gonnie & Bosma, Hans & Van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I. & Van Eijk, Jacques T. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1281-1286 Father absence due to migration and child illness in rural Mexico
by Schmeer, Kammi
2009, Volume 69, Issue 7
- 983-991 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with Hispanic populations in the United States
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 992-995 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with hispanic populations in the united states. A commentary on Thomson and Hoffman-Goetz
by Carter-Pokras, Olivia & Bethune, Lisa
- 996-998 The challenge of acculturation measures: What are we missing? A commentary on Thomson & Hoffman-Goetz
by Alegria, Margarita
- 999-1001 Defining and measuring acculturation in public health: A response to Carter-Pokras and Bethune
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 1002-1004 Gender and health inequities: A comment on the Final Report of the WHO Commission on the Social Determinants of Health
by Bates, Lisa Michelle & Hankivsky, Olena & Springer, Kristen W.
- 1005-1005 A response to Bates, Hankivsky and Springer on the WHO Knowledge Network onÂ Women and Gender Equity Commission on Social Determinants of Health
by Sen, Gita & Östlin, Piroska
- 1006-1009 Health inequalities: Gendered puzzles and conundrums. The 10th Annual Sol Levine Lecture on Society and Health, October 6, 2008
by Sen, Gita
- 1010-1017 "We only did it because he asked us": Gendered accounts of participation in a population genetic data collection
by Haddow, Gillian
- 1018-1024 The politics of 'The Natural Family' in Israel: State policy and kinship ideologies
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna
- 1025-1031 Adult smokers' perception of the role of religion and religious leadership on smoking and association with quitting: A comparison between Thai Buddhists and Malaysian Muslims
by Yong, Hua-Hie & Hamann, Stephen L. & Borland, Ron & Fong, Geoffrey T. & Omar, Maizurah
- 1032-1039 The role of shame in posttraumatic stress disorder: A proposal for a socio-emotional model for DSM-V
by Budden, Ashwin
- 1040-1048 Use of khat and posttraumatic stress disorder as risk factors for psychotic symptoms: AÂ study of Somali combatants
by Odenwald, Michael & Hinkel, Harald & Schauer, Elisabeth & Schauer, Maggie & Elbert, Thomas & Neuner, Frank & Rockstroh, Brigitte
- 1049-1055 The performative function of expectations in translating treatment to prevention: The case of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP
by Rosengarten, Marsha & Michael, Mike
- 1056-1062 'A bed in the middle of nowhere': Parents' meanings of place of death for adults with cystic fibrosis
by Lowton, Karen
- 1063-1071 Health professionals' enactment of their accountability obligations: Doing the best they can
by Freeman, Andrew R. & McWilliam, Carol L. & MacKinnon, Joyce R. & DeLuca, Sandra & Rappolt, Susan G.
- 1072-1079 Using non-linear decomposition to explain the discriminatory effects of male-female differentials in access to care: A cardiac rehabilitation case study
by Stewart Williams, Jennifer Anne
- 1080-1084 Stigmatization of alcohol and other drug users by primary care providers in Southeast Brazil
by Ronzani, Telmo Mota & Higgins-Biddle, John & Furtado, Erikson F.
- 1085-1090 Copycat effects after media reports on suicide: A population-based ecologic study
by Niederkrotenthaler, Thomas & Till, Benedikt & Kapusta, Nestor D. & Voracek, Martin & Dervic, Kanita & Sonneck, Gernot
- 1091-1098 Communicating population health: Print news media coverage of type 2 diabetes
by Gollust, Sarah E. & Lantz, Paula M.
- 1099-1106 The income-climate trap of health development: A comparative analysis of African and Non-African countries
by Tang, Kam Ki & Petrie, Dennis & Rao, D.S. Prasada
- 1107-1115 Do patient characteristics, disease, or treatment explain social inequality in survival from colorectal cancer?
by Frederiksen, Birgitte Lidegaard & Osler, Merete & Harling, Henrik & Ladelund, Steen & Jørgensen, Torben
- 1116-1126 The extent and distribution of inequalities in childhood mortality by cause of death according to parental socioeconomic positions: A birth cohort study in South Korea
by Kim, Jongoh & Son, Mia & Kawachi, Ichiro & Oh, Juhwan
- 1127-1134 The design and validation of a spatial microsimulation model of obesogenic environments for children in Leeds, UK: SimObesity
by Edwards, Kimberley L. & Clarke, Graham P.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 6
- 803-806 Women, mothers and HIV care in resource-poor settings
by Desclaux, Alice & Msellati, Philippe & Walentowitz, Saskia
- 807-812 Improving mothers' access to PMTCT programs in West Africa: A public health perspective
by Msellati, Philippe
- 813-820 The reproductive needs and rights of people living with HIV in Argentina: Health service users' and providers' perspectives
by Gogna, Mónica Laura & Pecheny, Mario M. & Ibarlucía, Inés & Manzelli, Hernán & López, Sara Barrón
- 821-829 Counseling and choosing between infant-feeding options: Overall limits and local interpretations by health care providers and women living with HIV in resource-poor countries (Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon)
by Desclaux, Alice & Alfieri, Chiara
- 830-837 Couples, PMTCT programs and infant feeding decision-making in Ivory Coast
by Tijou Traoré, Annick & Querre, Madina & Brou, Hermann & Leroy, Valériane & Desclaux, Alice & Desgrées-du-Loû, Annabel
- 838-845 Preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Vietnam and Indonesia: Diverging care dynamics
by Hardon, Anita Petra & Oosterhoff, Pauline & Imelda, Johanna D. & Anh, Nguyen Thu & Hidayana, Irwan
- 846-853 Gender and access to HIV testing and antiretroviral treatments in Thailand: Why do women have more and earlier access?
by Le Coeur, Sophie & Collins, Intira J. & Pannetier, Julie & Lelièvre, Éva
- 854-861 Gender asymmetry in healthcare-facility attendance of people living with HIV/AIDS in Burkina Faso
by Bila, Blandine & Egrot, Marc
- 862-868 HIV and AIDS, stigma and AIDS support groups: Perspectives from women living with HIV and AIDS in central Thailand
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Haritavorn, Niphattra & Kiatying-Angsulee, Niyada
- 869-876 Care and secrecy: Being a mother of children living with HIV in Burkina Faso
by Hejoaka, Fabienne
- 877-884 Gender and HIV testing in Burkina Faso: An exploratory study
by Obermeyer, Carla Makhlouf & Sankara, Augustin & Bastien, Vincent & Parsons, Michelle
- 885-891 HIV disclosure and unsafe sex among HIV-infected women in Cameroon: Results from the ANRS-EVAL study
by Loubiere, Sandrine & Peretti-Watel, Patrick & Boyer, Sylvie & Blanche, Jérôme & Abega, Séverin-Cécile & Spire, Bruno
- 892-899 From prenatal HIV testing of the mother to prevention of sexual HIV transmission within the couple
by Desgrées-du-Loû, Annabel & Brou, Hermann & Traore, Annick Tijou & Djohan, Gerard & Becquet, Renaud & Leroy, Valeriane
- 900-907 Expressing yourself: A feminist analysis of talk around expressing breast milk
by Johnson, Sally & Williamson, Iain & Lyttle, Steven & Leeming, Dawn
- 908-919 Asymmetrical knowledge claims in general practice consultations with frequently attending patients: Limitations and opportunities for patient participation
by Ariss, Steven M.
- 920-925 Patient involvement in health research: A contribution to a systematic review on the effectiveness of treatments for degenerative ataxias
by Serrano-Aguilar, P. & Trujillo-Martín, M.M. & Ramos-Goñi, J.M. & Mahtani-Chugani, V. & Perestelo-Pérez, L. & Posada-de la Paz, M.
- 926-933 Women's autonomy and pregnancy care in rural India: A contextual analysis
by Mistry, Ritesh & Galal, Osman & Lu, Michael
- 934-946 Migration to western industrialised countries and perinatal health: A systematic review
by Gagnon, A.J. & Zimbeck, M. & Zeitlin, J.
- 947-954 Predicting emotional well-being following traumatic brain injury: A test of mediated and moderated models
by Kendall, Elizabeth & Terry, Deborah
- 955-963 The relationship between household income and childhood respiratory health in the United Kingdom
by Violato, Mara & Petrou, Stavros & Gray, Ron
- 964-970 Urban built environments and trajectories of mobility disability: Findings from a national sample of community-dwelling American adults (1986-2001)
by Clarke, Philippa & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Lantz, Paula
- 971-981 Double burden of deprivation and high concentrations of ambient air pollution at the neighbourhood scale in Montreal, Canada
by Crouse, Dan L. & Ross, Nancy A. & Goldberg, Mark S.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 5
- 655-661 From pleasure to pain: The role of the MPQ in the language of phantom limb pain
by Crawford, Cassandra S.
- 662-665 Indescribable pain in literature: A commentary on Crawford
by Mowat, Ryan
- 666-669 The inarticulacy/indescribability of pain: A rejoinder to Mowat
by Crawford, Cassandra S.
- 670-677 Explosive anger as a response to human rights violations in post-conflict Timor-Leste
by Silove, Derrick & Brooks, Robert & Bateman Steel, Catherine Robina & Steel, Zachary & Hewage, Kalhari & Rodger, James & Soosay, Ian
- 678-681 Experimental emotional disclosure in women undergoing infertility treatment: Are drop outs better off?
by Panagopoulou, Efharis & Montgomery, Anthony & Tarlatzis, Basil
- 682-690 Improving poor women's access to maternity care: Findings from a primary care intervention in Burkina Faso
by Brazier, Ellen & Andrzejewski, Catherine & Perkins, Margaret E. & Themmen, Ellen M. & Knight, Rodney J. & Bassane, Brahima
- 691-697 Community influences on intimate partner violence in India: Women's education, attitudes towards mistreatment and standards of living
by Boyle, Michael H. & Georgiades, Katholiki & Cullen, John & Racine, Yvonne
- 698-706 The inequalities of medical pluralism: Hierarchies of health, the politics of tradition and the economies of care in Indian oncology
by Broom, Alex & Doron, Assa & Tovey, Philip
- 707-715 Interprofessional collaboration within Canadian integrative healthcare clinics: Key components
by Gaboury, Isabelle & Bujold, Mathieu & Boon, Heather & Moher, David
- 716-721 Theoretical injections: On the therapeutic aesthetics of medical spaces
by Evans, Joshua D. & Crooks, Valorie A. & Kingsbury, Paul T.
- 722-728 The good, the bad, and the severely mentally ill: Official and informal labels as organizational resources in community mental health services
by Dobransky, Kerry
- 729-737 Demanding patient or demanding encounter?: A case study of a cancer clinic
by Stacey, Clare Louise & Henderson, Stuart & MacArthur, Kelly R. & Dohan, Daniel
- 738-746 When things fall apart: Gender and suicide across the life-course
by Shiner, Michael & Scourfield, Jonathan & Fincham, Ben & Langer, Susanne
- 747-753 Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis transmission: Contextualizing the evidence through social network theory
by Hollm-Delgado, Maria-Graciela
- 754-760 Housing wealth and mortality: A register linkage study of the Finnish population
by Laaksonen, Mikko & Tarkiainen, Lasse & Martikainen, Pekka
- 761-767 Regional risk factors for health inequalities in Scotland and England and the "Scottish effect"
by Shelton, Nicola Jane
- 768-776 Racial-ethnic disparities in health and the labor market: Losing and leaving jobs
by Strully, Kate
- 777-785 Perceived job insecurity and worker health in the United States
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Brand, Jennie E. & House, James S.
- 786-792 Maximisation in extra-welfarism: A critique of the current position in health economics
by Coast, Joanna
- 793-801 Inequalities in health care utilization in Spain due to double insurance coverage: An Oaxaca-Ransom decomposition
by González Álvarez, M Luz & Barranquero, Antonio Clavero
2009, Volume 69, Issue 4
- 481-485 Is the apparent U-shape of well-being over the life course a result of inappropriate use of control variables? A commentary on Blanchflower and Oswald (66: 8, 2008, 1733-1749)
by Glenn, Norval
- 486-488 The U-shape without controls: A response to Glenn
by Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 489-499 Social capital, income inequality and self-rated health in Chita peninsula, Japan: a multilevel analysis of older people in 25 communities
by Ichida, Yukinobu & Kondo, Katsunori & Hirai, Hiroshi & Hanibuchi, Tomoya & Yoshikawa, Goshu & Murata, Chiyoe
- 500-505 Social capital and perceived health in Japan: An ecological and multilevel analysis
by Fujisawa, Yoshikazu & Hamano, Tsuyoshi & Takegawa, Shogo
- 506-508 Social capital and health in Japan: What has been confirmed and what has not. A commentary on Ichida and on Fujisawa
by Inaba, Yoji
- 509-511 Research on social capital and health in Japan. A commentary on Ichida and on Fujisawa
by Takao, Soshi
- 512-518 The different effects of vertical social capital and horizontal social capital on dental status: A multilevel analysis
by Aida, Jun & Hanibuchi, Tomoya & Nakade, Miyo & Hirai, Hiroshi & Osaka, Ken & Kondo, Katsunori
- 519-528 Association between attendance at religious services and self-reported health in 22 European countries
by Nicholson, Amanda & Rose, Richard & Bobak, Martin
- 529-537 Gender differences in education effects on all-cause mortality for white and black adults in the United States
by Zajacova, Anna & Hummer, Robert A.
- 538-542 Racialized identity and health in Canada: Results from a nationally representative survey
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 543-552 Convergence and divergence: Differences in disability prevalence estimates in the United States and Canada based on four health survey instruments
by Altman, Barbara M. & Gulley, Stephen P.
- 553-564 Visual epidemiology: Photographs as tools for probing street-level etiologies
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Weiss, Eve E. & Fruchtman, Hannah & Schroeder, Jeannette & Weiner, Janet & Asch, David A.
- 565-570 Resilience and marginalized youth: Making a case for personal and collective meaning-making as part of resilience research in public health
by Wexler, Lisa Marin & DiFluvio, Gloria & Burke, Tracey K.
- 571-578 Inequality in social rank and adult nutritional status: Evidence from a small-scale society in the Bolivian Amazon
by Reyes-García, Victoria & Molina, Jose Luis & McDade, Thomas W. & Tanner, Susan N. & Huanca, Tomas & Leonard, William R.
- 579-586 Threats to safe motherhood in Honduran Miskito communities: Local perceptions of factors that contribute to maternal mortality
by Arps, Shahna
- 587-595 Young carers as social actors: Coping strategies of children caring for ailing or ageing guardians in Western Kenya
by Skovdal, Morten & Ogutu, Vincent O. & Aoro, Cellestine & Campbell, Catherine
- 596-603 "AIDS is rape!" gender and sexuality in children's responses to HIV and AIDS
by Bhana, Deevia
- 604-612 HIV prevention while the bulldozers roll: Exploring the effect of the demolition of Goa's red-light area
by Shahmanesh, Maryam & Wayal, Sonali & Andrew, Gracy & Patel, Vikram & Cowan, Frances M. & Hart, Graham
- 613-622 "Why doesn't she seek help for partner abuse?" An exploratory study with South Asian immigrant women
by Ahmad, Farah & Driver, Natasha & McNally, Mary Jane & Stewart, Donna E.
- 623-631 "You don't need a prescription to go gluten-free": The scientific self-diagnosis of celiac disease
by Copelton, Denise A. & Valle, Giuseppina
- 632-639 Illness careers and continuity of care in mental health services: A qualitative study of service users and carers
by Jones, Ian Rees & Ahmed, Nilufar & Catty, Jocelyn & McLaren, Susan & Rose, Diana & Wykes, Til & Burns, Tom
- 640-647 Comparing hospital costs: What is gained by accounting for more than a case-mix index?
by Hvenegaard, Anne & Street, Andrew & Sørensen, Torben Højmark & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 648-653 Economic valuation of informal care in Asia: A case study of care for disabled stroke survivors in Thailand
by Riewpaiboon, Arthorn & Riewpaiboon, Wachara & Ponsoongnern, Kanyarat & Van den Berg, Bernard
2009, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 301-304 How Cuba's Latin American School of Medicine challenges the ethics of physician migration
by Huish, Robert
- 305-306 A Cuban revolution in medical education: A commentary on Huish
by Flegel, Ken
- 307-316 What is self-rated health and why does it predict mortality? Towards a unified conceptual model
by Jylhä, Marja
- 317-326 Income inequality, area-level poverty, perceived aversion to inequality, and self-rated health in Japan
by Oshio, Takashi & Kobayashi, Miki
- 327-334 Relative deprivation in income and self-rated health in the United States
by Subramanyam, Malavika & Kawachi, Ichiro & Berkman, Lisa & Subramanian, S.V.
- 335-344 Social comparisons and health: Can having richer friends and neighbors make you sick?
by Pham-Kanter, Genevieve
- 345-353 Do the determinants of health differ between people living in the community and in institutions?
by Asakawa, Keiko & Feeny, David & Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan & Johnson, Jeffrey A. & Rolfson, Darryl
- 354-361 From boundary concept to boundary object: The practice and politics of care pathway development
by Allen, Davina
- 362-369 An ethnographic study of classifying and accounting for risk at the sharp end of medical wards
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Suokas, Anu & Pitchforth, Emma & Tarrant, Carolyn
- 370-378 A comparison of the health status and health care utilization patterns between foreigners and the national population in Spain: New evidence from the Spanish National Health Survey
by Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores
- 379-386 Analysing equity in health care financing: A flow of funds approach
by Smith, Samantha & Normand, Charles
- 387-395 Economic reforms and health insurance in China
by Du, Juan
- 396-403 The role of behavioural factors in explaining socio-economic differences in adolescent health: A multilevel study in 33 countries
by Richter, Matthias & Erhart, Michael & Vereecken, Carine A. & Zambon, Alessio & Boyce, William & Gabhainn, Saoirse Nic
- 404-410 Cohort study of informal carers of first-time stroke survivors: Profile of health and social changes in the first year of caregiving
by Simon, Chantal & Kumar, Satinder & Kendrick, Tony
- 411-419 Spatially informed knowledge translation: Informing potential users of Canada's Compassionate Care Benefit
by Giesbrecht, Melissa & Crooks, Valorie A. & Schuurman, Nadine & Williams, Allison
- 420-432 Concentrated affluence, concentrated disadvantage, and children's readiness for school: A population-based, multi-level investigation
by Carpiano, Richard M. & Lloyd, Jennifer E.V. & Hertzman, Clyde
- 433-441 Childhood socioeconomic status and racial differences in disability: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study (1998-2006)
by Bowen, Mary Elizabeth
- 442-450 Differences in stature, BMI, and dietary practices between US born and newly immigrated Hmong children
by Franzen, Lisa & Smith, Chery
- 451-459 Association of socioeconomic status with inflammation markers in black and white men and women in the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study
by Gruenewald, Tara L. & Cohen, Sheldon & Matthews, Karen A. & Tracy, Russell & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 460-468 Occupational career and risk of mortality among US Civil War Veterans
by Su, Dejun
- 469-474 Connecting the invisible dots: Reaching lesbian, gay, and bisexual adolescents and young adults at risk for suicide through online social networks
by Silenzio, Vincent M.B. & Duberstein, Paul R. & Tang, Wan & Lu, Naiji & Tu, Xin & Homan, Christopher M.
- 475-480 Parents' health beliefs and HPV vaccination of their adolescent daughters
by Reiter, Paul L. & Brewer, Noel T. & Gottlieb, Sami L. & McRee, Annie-Laurie & Smith, Jennifer S.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 147-153 Extending specialist palliative care to people with heart failure: Semantic, historical and practical limitations to policy guidelines
by Chattoo, Sangeeta & Atkin, Karl M.
- 154-157 Palliative care: Based on neither diagnosis nor prognosis, but patient and family need. Commentary on Chattoo and Atkin
by Selman, Lucy Ellen & Beattie, James M. & Murtagh, Fliss E. & Higginson, Irene J.
- 158-159 An idealist vision of specialist palliative care: A response to the commentary by Selman, Beattie, Murtagh and Higginson
by Chattoo, Sangeeta & Atkin, Karl M.
- 160-164 Time to retire - Time to die? A prospective cohort study of the effects of early retirement on long-term survival
by Brockmann, Hilke & Müller, Rolf & Helmert, Uwe
- 165-171 The desire for hastened death in individuals with advanced cancer: A longitudinal qualitative study
by Nissim, Rinat & Gagliese, Lucia & Rodin, Gary
- 172-177 Doctors leaving 12 tertiary hospitals in Iraq, 2004-2007
by Burnham, Gilbert M. & Lafta, Riyadh & Doocy, Shannon
- 178-182 The impact of the business cycle on occupational injuries in the UK
by Davies, Rhys & Jones, Paul & Nuñez, Imanol
- 183-190 Idle chatter or learning? Evidence of social learning about clinicians and the health system from rural Tanzania
by Leonard, Kenneth L. & Adelman, Sarah W. & Essam, Timothy
- 191-198 Asset ownership and health and mental health functioning among AIDS-orphaned adolescents: Findings from a randomized clinical trial in rural Uganda
by Ssewamala, Fred M. & Han, Chang-Keun & Neilands, Torsten B.
- 199-209 Religious teachings and influences on the ABCs of HIV prevention in Malawi
by Trinitapoli, Jenny
- 210-214 Arranging and negotiating the use of informal interpreters in general practice consultations: Experiences of refugees and asylum seekers in the west of Ireland
by MacFarlane, Anne & Dzebisova, Zhanna & Karapish, Dmitri & Kovacevic, Bosiljka & Ogbebor, Florence & Okonkwo, Ekaterina
- 215-222 Gatekeeping practices of nurses in operating rooms
by Riley, Robin & Manias, Elizabeth
- 223-228 Marital status, gender and cardiovascular mortality: Behavioural, psychological distress and metabolic explanations
by Molloy, Gerard John & Stamatakis, Emmanuel & Randall, Gemma & Hamer, Mark
- 229-237 Financial hardship, socio-economic position and depression: Results from the PATH Through Life Survey
by Butterworth, Peter & Rodgers, Bryan & Windsor, Tim D.
- 238-245 Tales of the unexpected? Hidden resilience in poor households in Britain
by Canvin, Krysia & Marttila, Anneli & Burstrom, Bo & Whitehead, Margaret
- 246-257 Depression and anxiety in labor migrants and refugees - A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Lindert, Jutta & Ehrenstein, Ondine S. von & Priebe, Stefan & Mielck, Andreas & Brähler, Elmar
- 258-265 Differences in the self-reported racism experiences of US-born and foreign-born Black pregnant women
by Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Strong, Emily Ficklin & Krieger, Nancy & Gillman, Matthew W. & Rich-Edwards, Janet W.
- 266-273 German genes and Turkish traits: Ethnicity, infertility, and reproductive politics in Germany
by Vanderlinden, Lisa K.
- 274-277 How do prospective parents who decline prenatal screening account for their decision? A qualitative study
by Gottfre[eth]sdóttir, Helga & Björnsdóttir, Kristín & Sandall, Jane
- 278-284 Postponing worrisome thoughts in children: The effects of a postponement intervention on perseverative thoughts, emotions and somatic complaints
by Jellesma, Francine C. & Verkuil, Bart & Brosschot, Jos F.
- 285-292 Who feeds children? A child's-eye-view of caregiver feeding patterns among the Aka foragers in Congo
by Fouts, Hillary N. & Brookshire, Robyn A.
- 293-300 The postconventional body: Retheorising women's health
by Einstein, Gillian & Shildrick, Margrit
2009, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-8 Physician as partner or salesman? Shared decision-making in real-time encounters
by Karnieli-Miller, Orit & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 9-11 Can physicians both persuade and partner? A commentary on Karnieli-Miller and Eisikovits
by Eggly, Susan
- 12-13 The place of persuasion in shared decision making: A contextual approach. A response to Eggly
by Karnieli-Miller, Orit & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 14-20 The promotion of olanzapine in primary care: An examination of internal industry documents
by Spielmans, Glen I.
- 21-27 Objectification, standardization, and commodification in health care: A conceptual readjustment
by Timmermans, Stefan & Almeling, Rene
- 28-35 Depression and mental health in neoliberal times: A critical analysis of policy and discourse
by Teghtsoonian, Katherine
- 36-46 Is the political system really related to health?
by Klomp, Jeroen & de Haan, Jakob
- 47-55 Age and disability: Explaining the wage differential
by Gannon, Brenda & Munley, Margaret
- 56-60 When work and satisfaction with life do not go hand in hand: Health barriers and personal resources in the participation of people with chronic physical disabilities
by van Campen, Cretien & Cardol, Mieke
- 61-67 Hospital efficiency and transaction costs: A stochastic frontier approach
by Ludwig, Martijn & Groot, Wim & Van Merode, Frits
- 68-75 Patient satisfaction revisited: A multilevel approach
by Hekkert, Karin Dorieke & Cihangir, Sezgin & Kleefstra, Sophia Martine & van den Berg, Bernard & Kool, Rudolf Bertijn
- 76-84 Effects of child health on parents' social capital
by Schultz, Jennifer & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 85-93 The association of sexual orientation with self-rated health, and cigarette and alcohol use in Mexican adolescents and youths
by Ortiz-Hernández, Luis & Gómez Tello, Blanca Lilia & Valdés, Jesús
- 94-100 Risk of smoking initiation among Mexican immigrants before and after immigration to the United States
by Stoddard, Pamela
- 101-109 Segmented assimilation theory and perinatal health disparities among women of Mexican descent
by Johnson, Michelle A. & Marchi, Kristen S.
- 110-120 Are immigrant enclaves healthy places to live? The Multi-ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
by Osypuk, Theresa L. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Hadley, Craig & Kandula, Namratha R.
- 121-128 Race, place and AIDS: The role of socioeconomic context on racial disparities in treatment and survival in San Francisco
by Arnold, Michael & Hsu, Ling & Pipkin, Sharon & McFarland, Willi & Rutherford, George W.
- 129-137 The neighborhood effects of disrupted family processes on adolescent substanceÂ use
by Bernburg, Jon Gunnar & Thorlindsson, Thorolfur & Sigfusdottir, Inga D.
- 138-146 Childhood physical abuse and midlife physical health: Testing a multi-pathway life course model
by Springer, Kristen W.
2009, Volume 68, Issue 12
- 2097-2103 Differences in self-rated health by immigrant status and language preference among Arab Americans in the Detroit Metropolitan Area
by Abdulrahim, Sawsan & Baker, Wayne
- 2104-2112 Social connections, immigration-related factors, and self-rated physical and mental health among Asian Americans
by Zhang, Wei & Ta, Van M.
- 2113-2121 Low-income mothers' social support and children's injuries
by Leininger, Lindsey Jeanne & Ryan, Rebecca M. & Kalil, Ariel
- 2122-2128 Income incongruity, relative household income, and preterm birth in the Black Women's Health Study
by Phillips, Ghasi S. & Wise, Lauren A. & Rich-Edwards, Janet W. & Stampfer, Meir J. & Rosenberg, Lynn
- 2129-2136 Bonding and bridging neighborliness: An individual-level study in the context of health
by Beaudoin, Christopher E.
- 2137-2144 Parent-child dietary intake resemblance in the United States: Evidence from a large representative survey
by Beydoun, May A. & Wang, Youfa
- 2145-2151 Time perspective and socioeconomic status: A link to socioeconomic disparities in health?
by Guthrie, Lori C. & Butler, Stephen C. & Ward, Michael M.
- 2152-2160 Socioeconomic status and health in the Japanese population
by Kagamimori, Sadanobu & Gaina, Alexandru & Nasermoaddeli, Ali
- 2161-2169 The role of socioeconomic indicators on non-alcohol and alcohol-associated suicide mortality among women in Finland. A register-based follow-up study of 12 million person-years
by Mäki, Netta & Martikainen, Pekka
- 2170-2179 Changing health status and health expectancies among older adults in China: Gender differences from 1992 to 2002
by Gu, Danan & Dupre, Matthew E. & Warner, David F. & Zeng, Yi
- 2180-2189 Poverty-alleviation program participation and salivary cortisol in very low-income children
by Fernald, Lia C.H. & Gunnar, Megan R.
- 2190-2198 Looking for resilience: Understanding the longitudinal trajectories of responses to stress
by Norris, Fran H. & Tracy, Melissa & Galea, Sandro
- 2199-2205 Determinants, correlates and mediators of psychological distress: A longitudinal study
by Gadalla, Tahany M.
- 2206-2214 Theory driven research designs for explaining behavioural health risk transitions: The case of smoking
by Dixon, Jane & Banwell, Cathy
- 2215-2222 Why do people cooperate with medical research? Findings from three studies
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Tarrant, Carolyn
- 2223-2230 Understanding pharmacists' values: A qualitative study of ideals and dilemmas in UK pharmacy practice
by Benson, Ailsa & Cribb, Alan & Barber, Nick