Social Science & Medicine
2010, Volume 71, Issue 4
- 685-692 Pragmatic evidence and textual arrangements: A case study of French clinical cancer guidelines
by Knaapen, Loes & Cazeneuve, Hervé & Cambrosio, Alberto & Castel, Patrick & Fervers, Beatrice
- 693-701 Contextualizing diversity and culture within cancer control interventions for Latinas: Changing interventions, not cultures
by Erwin, Deborah O. & Treviño, Michelle & Saad-Harfouche, Frances G. & Rodriguez, Elisa M. & Gage, Elizabeth & Jandorf, Lina
- 702-707 What drives patients to sue doctors? The role of cultural factors in the pursuit of malpractice claims in Taiwan
by Chiu, Yu-Chan
- 708-716 Can arts projects improve young people's wellbeing? A social capital approach
by Hampshire, Katherine Rebecca & Matthijsse, Mathilde
- 717-724 Have investments in on-reserve health services and initiatives promoting community control improved First Nations' health in Manitoba?
by Lavoie, Josée Gabrielle & Forget, Evelyn L. & Prakash, Tara & Dahl, Matt & Martens, Patricia & O'Neil, John D.
- 725-733 Contemporary neuroscience in the media
by Racine, Eric & Waldman, Sarah & Rosenberg, Jarett & Illes, Judy
- 734-742 Specifying the effects of religion on medical helpseeking: The case of infertility
by Greil, Arthur & McQuillan, Julia & Benjamins, Maureen & Johnson, David R. & Johnson, Katherine M. & Heinz, Chelsea R.
- 743-750 From targeted exemptions to user fee abolition in health care: Experience from rural Zambia
by Masiye, Felix & Chitah, Bona M. & McIntyre, Diane
- 751-759 Decentralized health care priority-setting in Tanzania: Evaluating against the accountability for reasonableness framework
by Maluka, Stephen & Kamuzora, Peter & Sebastiån, Miguel San & Byskov, Jens & Olsen, Øystein E. & Shayo, Elizabeth & Ndawi, Benedict & Hurtig, Anna-Karin
- 760-768 Use of biomedical obstetric care in rural Tanzania: The role of social and material inequalities
by Spangler, Sydney A. & Bloom, Shelah S.
- 769-776 The meaning of "control" for childbearing women in the US
by Namey, Emily E. & Lyerly, Anne Drapkin
- 777-785 Relative deprivation and child health in the USA
by Lhila, Aparna & Simon, Kosali I.
- 786-798 Residential mobility in the UK during pregnancy and infancy: Are pregnant women, new mothers and infants 'unhealthy migrants'?
by Tunstall, Helena & Pickett, Kate & Johnsen, Sarah
- 799-806 Anywhere, anytime: Retail access to tobacco in New South Wales and its potential impact on consumption and quitting
by Paul, Christine L. & Mee, Kathleen J. & Judd, Tanya M. & Walsh, Raoul A. & Tang, Anita & Penman, Andrew & Girgis, Afaf
- 807-814 Love thy neighbour? Associations of social capital and crime with physical activity amongst women
by Ball, Kylie & Cleland, Verity J. & Timperio, Anna F. & Salmon, Jo & Giles-Corti, Billie & Crawford, David A.
- 815-823 Unemployment and self-rated health: Neighborhood influence
by Giatti, Luana & Barreto, Sandhi M. & César, Cibele C.
- 824-831 Substance abuse and mental health disparities: Comparisons across sexual identity groups in a national sample of young Australian women
by Hughes, Tonda & Szalacha, Laura A. & McNair, Ruth
- 832-839 Peer norms and consistent condom use with female sex workers among male clients in Sichuan province, China
by Yang, Cui & Latkin, Carl & Luan, Rongsheng & Nelson, Kenrad
2010, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 429-430 Application of directional statistics to health state valuation: A commentary on Craig and Oppe
by Shaw, James W. & Pickard, A. Simon & Yager, Ronald R.
- 431-439 The association of earnings with health in middle age: Do self-reported earnings for the previous year tell the whole story?
by Rehkopf, David H. & Jencks, Christopher & Glymour, M. Maria
- 440-450 The impact of pharmaceutical policy measures: An endogenous structural-break approach
by Barros, Pedro Pita & Nunes, Luis C.
- 451-458 Professional status in a changing world: The case of medicines use reviews in English community pharmacy
by McDonald, Ruth & Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Sanders, Caroline & Ashcroft, Darren
- 459-466 The social context of change in tobacco consumption following the introduction of 'smokefree' England legislation: A qualitative, longitudinal study
by Hargreaves, Katrina & Amos, Amanda & Highet, Gill & Martin, Claudia & Platt, Stephen & Ritchie, Deborah & White, Martin
- 467-474 Exploratory study of the impacts of Mutual Health Organizations on social dynamics in Benin
by Ridde, Valery & Haddad, Slim & Yacoubou, Moussa & Yacoubou, Ismaelou
- 475-481 Medical dominance and neoliberalisation in maternal care provision: The evidence from Canada and Australia
by Benoit, Cecilia & Zadoroznyj, Maria & Hallgrimsdottir, Helga & Treloar, Adrienne & Taylor, Kara
- 482-485 A rapid method for assessing social versus independent interest in health issues: A case study of 'bird flu' and 'swine flu'
by Bentley, R. Alexander & Ormerod, Paul
- 486-493 How do structured education programmes work? An ethnographic investigation of the dose adjustment for normal eating (DAFNE) programme for type 1 diabetes patients in the UK
by Lawton, Julia & Rankin, David
- 494-501 Intervention-mediated effects for adult physical activity: A latent growth curve analysis
by Roesch, Scott C. & Norman, Greg J. & Villodas, Feion & Sallis, James F. & Patrick, Kevin
- 502-509 Design-based regulation and patient safety: A regulatory studies perspective
by Yeung, Karen & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 510-516 Harmed patients gaining voice: Challenging dominant perspectives in the construction of medical harm and patient safety reforms
by Ocloo, Josephine Enyonam
- 517-528 Poverty and common mental disorders in low and middle income countries: A systematic review
by Lund, Crick & Breen, Alison & Flisher, Alan J. & Kakuma, Ritsuko & Corrigall, Joanne & Joska, John A. & Swartz, Leslie & Patel, Vikram
- 529-533 Do mental health and behavioural problems of early menarche persist into late adolescence? A three year follow-up study among adolescent girls in Oslo, Norway
by Lien, Lars & Haavet, Ole Rikard & Dalgard, Florence
- 534-540 Linking hospital workers' organisational work environment to depressive symptoms: A mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance? The ORSOSA study
by Jolivet, Anne & Caroly, Sandrine & Ehlinger, Virgine & Kelly-Irving, Michelle & Delpierre, Cyrille & Balducci, Franck & Sobaszek, Annie & De Gaudemaris, Régis & Lang, Thierry
- 541-550 Is neighborhood racial/ethnic composition associated with depressive symptoms? The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis
by Mair, Christina & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Rapp, Stephen R. & Seeman, Teresa & Watson, Karol E.
- 551-558 Mortality consequences of the 1959-1961 Great Leap Forward famine in China: Debilitation, selection, and mortality crossovers
by Song, Shige
- 559-567 A multi-level analysis of urban/rural and socioeconomic differences in functional health status transition among older Chinese
by Zimmer, Zachary & Wen, Ming & Kaneda, Toshiko
- 568-575 Gender differences in relationships between urban green space and health in the United Kingdom
by Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard
- 576-583 How do masculinity, paternity leave, and mortality associate? -A study of fathers in the Swedish parental & child cohort of 1988/89
by Månsdotter, Anna & Lundin, Andreas
- 584-591 Child obesity associated with social disadvantage of children's neighborhoods
by Greves Grow, H. Mollie & Cook, Andrea J. & Arterburn, David E. & Saelens, Brian E. & Drewnowski, Adam & Lozano, Paula
- 592-599 The epidemiology of spirit possession in the aftermath of mass political violence in Mozambique
by Igreja, Victor & Dias-Lambranca, Beatrice & Hershey, Douglas A. & Racin, Limore & Richters, Annemiek & Reis, Ria
- 600-607 Do stigma, blame and stereotyping contribute to unsafe sexual behaviour? A test of claims about the spread of HIV/AIDS arising from social representation theory and the AIDS risk reduction model
by Riley, Gerard Anthony & Baah-Odoom, Dinah
- 608-615 Chasing spirits: Clarifying the spirit child phenomenon and infanticide in Northern Ghana
by Denham, Aaron R. & Adongo, Philip B. & Freydberg, Nicole & Hodgson, Abraham
- 616-625 A multi-level model of condom use among male and female upper primary school students in Nyanza, Kenya
by Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Tenkorang, Eric Y.
- 626-633 Soft targets or partners in health? Retail pharmacies and their role in Tanzania's malaria control program
by Kamat, Vinay R. & Nyato, Daniel J.
- 634-642 Women's empowerment and reproductive experiences over the lifecourse
by Lee-Rife, Susan M.
- 643-649 Narratives of deprivation: Women's life stories around Maori sudden infant death syndrome
by McManus, Verne & Abel, Sally & McCreanor, Tim & Tipene-Leach, David
2010, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 213-220 Silencing distressed children in the context of war in northern Uganda: An analysis of its dynamics and its health consequences
by Akello, Grace & Reis, Ria & Richters, Annemiek
- 221-227 Human-initiated disaster, social disorganization and post-traumatic stress disorder above Nigeria's oil basins
by Beiser, Morton & Wiwa, Owens & Adebajo, Sylvia
- 228-235 Context, evidence and attitude: The case for photography in medical examinations of asylum seekers in the Netherlands
by Park, Rebekah & Oomen, Janus
- 236-243 Between the lines: Republicanism, dissenters and the politics of meta-trauma in the Northern Irish conflict
by Zenker, Olaf
- 244-248 Death knocks, professional practice, and the public good: The media experience of suicide reporting in New Zealand
by Collings, Sunny C. & Kemp, Christopher G.
- 249-250 Contribution to knowledge about media professionals' experiences with reporting suicide. A commentary on Collings and Kemp
by Pirkis, Jane Elizabeth
- 251-258 A new conceptualization of ethnicity for social epidemiologic and health equity research
by Ford, Chandra L. & Harawa, Nina T.
- 259-265 Life-course financial strain and health in African-Americans
by Szanton, Sarah L. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Whitfield, Keith
- 266-273 Is wealthier always healthier? The impact of national income level, inequality, and poverty on public health in Latin America
by Biggs, Brian & King, Lawrence & Basu, Sanjay & Stuckler, David
- 274-281 Racial differences in stage at diagnosis and survival from epithelial ovarian cancer: A fundamental cause of disease approach
by Kim, Seijeoung & Dolecek, Therese A. & Davis, Faith G.
- 282-287 Is socioeconomic disparity in disability improving among Korean elders?
by Jang, Soong-Nang & Cho, Sung-il & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 288-297 Does education buffer the impact of disability on psychological distress?
by Mandemakers, Jornt J. & Monden, Christiaan W.S.
- 298-304 Work stress of primary care physicians in the US, UK and German health care systems
by Siegrist, Johannes & Shackelton, Rebecca & Link, Carol & Marceau, Lisa & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John
- 305-313 Gender differences in depression in 23 European countries. Cross-national variation in the gender gap in depression
by Van de Velde, Sarah & Bracke, Piet & Levecque, Katia
- 314-323 Fever, malaria and primary repetition rates amongst school children in Mali: Combining demographic and health surveys (DHS) with spatial malariological measures
by Thuilliez, Josselin
- 324-334 Malaria and primary education in Mali: A longitudinal study in the village of Donéguébougou
by Thuilliez, Josselin & Sissoko, Mahamadou S. & Toure, Ousmane B. & Kamate, Paul & Berthélemy, Jean-Claude & Doumbo, Ogobara K.
- 335-344 Investigating the association between HIV/AIDS and recent fertility patterns in Kenya
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O.
- 345-352 Antiretroviral therapy and reproductive life projects: Mitigating the stigma of AIDS in Nigeria
by Smith, Daniel Jordan & Mbakwem, Benjamin C.
- 353-361 Somali immigrant women and the American health care system: Discordant beliefs, divergent expectations, and silent worries
by Pavlish, Carol Lynn & Noor, Sahra & Brandt, Joan
- 362-369 Therapeutic networks of pregnancy care: Bengali immigrant women in New York City
by Chakrabarti, Ranjana
- 370-377 Negotiating normalization: The perils of producing pregnancy symptoms in prenatal care
by Bessett, Danielle
- 378-385 'Containment' as an analytical framework for understanding patient delay: A qualitative study of cancer patients' symptom interpretation processes
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Paarup, Bjarke & Vedsted, Peter & Bro, Flemming & Soendergaard, Jens
- 386-393 No one listens to me, nobody believes me: Self management and the experience of living with encephalitis
by Atkin, Karl & Stapley, Sally & Easton, Ava
- 394-399 Network analysis as a tool to assess the intersectoral management of health determinants at the local level: A report from an exploratory study of two Cuban municipalities
by Pagliccia, Nino & Spiegel, Jerry & Alegret, Milagros & Bonet, Mariano & Martinez, Barbara & Yassi, Annalee
- 400-404 Disparities in systems development for elder abuse prevention among municipalities in Japan: Implications for strategies to help municipalities develop community systems
by Nakanishi, Miharu & Nakashima, Taeko & Honda, Tatsuo
- 405-413 Direct and indirect effects of obesity on U.S. labor market outcomes of older working age adults
by Renna, F. & Thakur, Nidhi
- 414-420 Health outcomes of Experience CorpsÂ®: A high-commitment volunteer program
by Hong, S.I. & Morrow-Howell, Nancy
- 421-428 Waiting is the hardest part: Anticipating medical test results affects processing and recall of important information
by Portnoy, David B.
2010, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-9 Race and shared decision-making: Perspectives of African-Americans with diabetes
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 10-12 What do we mean by 'racism'? Conceptualising the range of what we call racism in health care settings: A commentary on Peek etÂ al
by Bradby, Hannah
- 13-17 Racism in healthcare: Its relationship to shared decision-making and health disparities: A response to Bradby
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 18-24 Help seeking for cardiac symptoms: Beyond the masculine-feminine binary
by Galdas, Paul M. & Johnson, Joy L. & Percy, Myra E. & Ratner, Pamela A.
- 25-29 Gender equity in treatment for cardiac heart disease in Portugal
by Perelman, Julian & Mateus, Céu & Fernandes, Ana
- 30-37 Attrition from self-directed interventions: Investigating the relationship between psychological predictors, intervention content and dropout from a body dissatisfaction intervention
by Geraghty, Adam W.A. & Wood, Alex M. & Hyland, Michael E.
- 38-44 Effectiveness of a knowledge-contact program in improving nursing students' attitudes and emotional competence in serving people living with HIV/AIDS
by Yiu, Jessie W. & Mak, Winnie W.S. & Ho, Winnie S. & Chui, Ying Yu
- 45-52 Narratives that address affective forecasting errors reduce perceived barriers to colorectal cancer screening
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Fagerlin, Angela & Cin, Sonya Dal & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Ubel, Peter A.
- 53-61 'It would be nice if they could give us more language' - Serving South Africa's multilingual patient base
by Deumert, Ana
- 62-70 Choosing early pregnancy termination methods in Urban Mozambique
by Mitchell, Ellen M.H. & Kwizera, Amata & Usta, Momade & Gebreselassie, Hailemichael
- 71-83 Suffering, hope, and entrapment: Resilience and cultural values in Afghanistan
by Eggerman, Mark & Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 84-92 The influence of social stigma and discriminatory experience on psychological distress and quality of life among rural-to-urban migrants in China
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Stanton, Bonita & Fang, Xiaoyi
- 93-101 Individual and environmental correlates of dietary fat intake in rural communities: A structural equation model analysis
by Hermstad, April K. & Swan, Deanne W. & Kegler, Michelle C. & Barnette, J.K. & Glanz, Karen
- 102-109 Role of neighbourhoods in child growth and development: Does 'place' matter?
by Avan, Bilal Iqbal & Kirkwood, Betty
- 110-115 Long-term economic costs of psychological problems during childhood
by Smith, James Patrick & Smith, Gillian C.
- 116-124 Measurement of health, health inequality, and reporting heterogeneity
by Ziebarth, Nicolas
- 125-133 Individual vulnerability and the nurturing state: The case of self-reported health and relative income
by Furnée, Carina A. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 134-142 Heavy drinking and health promotion activities
by Ettner, Susan L. & French, Michael T. & Popovici, Ioana
- 143-151 Education, alcohol use and abuse among young adults in Britain
by Huerta, Maria C. & Borgonovi, Francesca
- 152-160 Experimental evidence of welfare reform impact on clinical anxiety and depression levels among poor women
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J. & Sambamoorthi, Usha
- 161-165 Religion and conscientious objection: A survey of pharmacists' willingness to dispense medications
by Davidson, Laura A. & Pettis, Clare T. & Joiner, Amber J. & Cook, Daniel M. & Klugman, Craig M.
- 166-172 Nurses, Inc.: Expansion and commercialization of nursing education in the Philippines
by Masselink, Leah E. & Lee, Shoou-Yih Daniel
- 173-180 Interpersonal conflict and depression among Japanese workers with high or low socioeconomic status: Findings from the Japan Work Stress and Health Cohort Study
by Inoue, Akiomi & Kawakami, Norito
- 181-186 Loneliness and risk of mortality: A longitudinal investigation in Alameda County, California
by Patterson, Andrew C. & Veenstra, Gerry
- 187-195 Life course socioeconomic position is associated with inflammatory markers: The Framingham Offspring Study
by Loucks, Eric B. & Pilote, Louise & Lynch, John W. & Richard, Hugues & Almeida, Nisha D. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Murabito, Joanne M.
- 196-204 Financial hardship and psychological distress: Exploring the buffering effects of religion
by Bradshaw, Matt & Ellison, Christopher G.
- 205-211 A Latino advantage in oral health-related quality of life is modified by nativity status
by Sanders, Anne E.
2010, Volume 70, Issue 12
- 1867-1873 An anthropological analysis of European Union (EU) health governance as biopolitics: The case of the EU tissues and cells directive
by Hoeyer, Klaus
- 1874-1881 Should I stay or should I go? Career change and labor force separation among registered nurses in the U.S
by Nooney, Jennifer G. & Unruh, Lynn & Yore, Michelle M.
- 1882-1887 User satisfaction is influenced by the interval between a health care service and the assessment of the service
by Jensen, Hanne Irene & Ammentorp, Jette & Kofoed, Poul-Erik
- 1888-1895 Interruptions and resistance: A comparison of medical consultations with family and trained interpreters
by Leanza, Yvan & Boivin, Isabelle & Rosenberg, Ellen
- 1896-1903 Assessing the quality of democratic deliberation: A case study of public deliberation on the ethics of surrogate consent for research
by De Vries, Raymond & Stanczyk, Aimee & Wall, Ian F. & Uhlmann, Rebecca & Damschroder, Laura J. & Kim, Scott Y.
- 1904-1911 The ethics of responsibility and ownership in decision-making about treatment for breast cancer: Triangulation of consultation with patient and surgeon perspectives
by Mendick, Nicola & Young, Bridget & Holcombe, Christopher & Salmon, Peter
- 1912-1919 'Like sugar and honey': The embedded ethics of a larval control project in The Gambia
by Kelly, Ann H. & Ameh, David & Majambere, Silas & Lindsay, Steve & Pinder, Margaret
- 1920-1927 The female community health volunteer programme in Nepal: Decision makers' perceptions of volunteerism, payment and other incentives
by Glenton, Claire & Scheel, Inger B. & Pradhan, Sabina & Lewin, Simon & Hodgins, Stephen & Shrestha, Vijaya
- 1928-1932 International involvement and national health governance: The basic benefit package in Tajikistan
by Rechel, Bernd & Khodjamurodov, Ghafur
- 1933-1942 Establishing health systems financing research priorities in developing countries using a participatory methodology
by Ranson, Kent & Law, Tyler J. & Bennett, Sara
- 1943-1947 Estimating the costs of medicalization
by Conrad, Peter & Mackie, Thomas & Mehrotra, Ateev
- 1948-1956 The role (or not) of economic evaluation at the micro level: Can Bourdieu's theory provide a way forward for clinical decision-making?
by Lessard, Chantale & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Beaulieu, Marie-Dominique
- 1957-1965 Using discrete choice experiments to understand preferences for quality of life. Variance-scale heterogeneity matters
by Flynn, Terry Nicholas & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J. & Coast, Joanna
- 1966-1973 Factors influencing gender differences in smoking and their separate contributions: Evidence from South Korea
by Chung, Woojin & Lim, Seungji & Lee, Sunmi
- 1974-1981 Symmetric mortality and asymmetric suicide cycles
by Wu, Wen-Chieh & Cheng, Hui-Pei
- 1982-1987 Temporary work and depressive symptoms: A propensity score analysis
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & DeHaney, Suzanne & Ciampi, Antonio
- 1988-1996 Allostatic load is associated with chronic conditions in the Boston Puerto Rican Health Study
by Mattei, Josiemer & Demissie, Serkalem & Falcon, Luis M. & Ordovas, Jose M. & Tucker, Katherine
- 1997-2005 Immigrant generation and physical activity among Mexican, Chinese & Filipino adults in the U.S
by Afable-Munsuz, Aimee & Ponce, Ninez A. & Rodriguez, Michael & Perez-Stable, Eliseo J.
- 2006-2010 The road to efficiency? Re-examining the impact of the primary care physician workforce on health care utilization rates
by Wright, David Bradley & Ricketts III, Thomas C.
- 2011-2018 Individual, social and environmental correlates of physical activity among women living in socioeconomically disadvantaged neighbourhoods
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Hume, Clare & Timperio, Anna & King, Abby C. & Crawford, David
- 2019-2028 Compared to whom? Subjective social status, self-rated health, and referent group sensitivity in a diverse US sample
by Wolff, Lisa S. & Subramanian, S.V. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Weber, Deanne & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 2029-2035 "If your shoes are raggedy you get talked about": Symbolic and material dimensions of adolescent social status and health
by Sweet, Elizabeth
- 2036-2044 Disclosure and sickle cell disorder: A mixed methods study of the young person with sickle cell at school
by Dyson, Simon Martin & Atkin, Karl & Culley, Lorraine A. & Dyson, Sue E. & Evans, Hala & Rowley, Dave T.
- 2045-2051 Internalization of stigma for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder in Hong Kong
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Kwok, Yvonne T.Y.
- 2052-2060 Job quality and inequality: Parents' jobs and children's emotional and behavioural difficulties
by Strazdins, Lyndall & Shipley, Megan & Clements, Mark & Obrien, Léan V. & Broom, Dorothy H.
- 2061-2069 Siblings and childhood mental health: Evidence for a later-born advantage
by Lawson, David W. & Mace, Ruth
- 2070-2079 The meaning and mental health consequences of long-term immigration detention for people seeking asylum
by Coffey, Guy J. & Kaplan, Ida & Sampson, Robyn C. & Tucci, Maria Montagna
- 2080-2084 Understanding the association between condom use at first and most recent sexual intercourse: An assessment of normative, calculative, and habitual explanations
by Stulhofer, Aleksandar & Bacak, Valerio & Ajdukovic, Dea & Graham, Cynthia
- 2085-2095 Adolescents can know best: Using concept mapping to identify factors and pathways driving adolescent sexuality in Lima, Peru
by Bayer, Angela M. & Cabrera, Lilia Z. & Gilman, Robert H. & Hindin, Michelle J. & Tsui, Amy O.
- 2096-2096 Corrigendum to: "The design and validation of a spatial microsimulation model ofÂ obesogenic environments for children in Leeds, UK: SimObesity" [Social Science & Medicine, 69 (2009), 1127-1134]
by Edwards, Kimberley L. & Clarke, Graham P.
- 2097-2097 Corrigendum to: "Who profits from visual aids: Overcoming challenges in people's understanding of risks" [Social Science & Medicine, 70 (2010), 1019-1025
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Galesic, Mirta
2010, Volume 70, Issue 11
- 1665-1668 Reforming medical education: A review and synthesis of five critiques of medical practice
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1669-1671 Will teaching social sciences to medical students hasten health care reform? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Weller, Jennifer M. & Woodward, Alistair J.
- 1672-1676 Recipes for medical education reform: Will different ingredients create better doctors? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Whitehead, Cynthia
- 1677-1679 The two dogmas of empirical education in medicine. A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Schwab, Abraham
- 1680-1681 Reforming medical education: A response to Weller and Woodward, and Whitehead, and Schwab
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1682-1689 Scripting patienthood with patient clothing
by Topo, Päivi & Iltanen-Tähkävuori, Sonja
- 1690-1692 Welfare embodied: The materiality of hospital dress: A commentary on Topo and Iltanen-Tähkävuori
by Twigg, Julia
- 1693-1700 Illness reporting and demand for medical care in rural Burkina Faso
by Pokhrel, Subhash & De Allegri, Manuela & Gbangou, Adijma & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1701-1704 Factors that influence the participation of healthcare professionals in advance care planning for patients with terminal cancer: A nationwide survey in Taiwan
by Hu, Wen-Yu & Huang, Chien-Hsun & Chiu, Tai-Yuan & Hung, Shou-Hung & Peng, Jen-Kuei & Chen, Ching-Yu
- 1705-1713 'Wrong parents' and 'right parents': Shared perspectives about citizen participation in policy implementation
by Potter, Deborah Anne
- 1714-1720 Resisting blame and managing emotion in general practice: The case of patient suicide
by Kendall, Kathleen & Wiles, Rose
- 1721-1727 HIV generations? Generational discourse in interviews with Australian general practitioners and their HIV positive gay male patients
by Newman, Christy & Mao, Limin & Canavan, Peter G. & Kidd, Michael R. & Saltman, Deborah C. & Kippax, Susan C.
- 1728-1736 What do physicians gain (and lose) with experience? Qualitative results from a cross-national study of diabetes
by Elstad, Emily A. & Lutfey, Karen E. & Marceau, Lisa D. & Campbell, Stephen M. & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John B.
- 1737-1744 Male reproductive control of women who have experienced intimate partner violence in the United States
by Moore, Ann M. & Frohwirth, Lori & Miller, Elizabeth
- 1745-1755 Poverty, vulnerability, and provision of healthcare in Afghanistan
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Bakhshi, Parul & Noor, Ayan A. & Lopez, Dominique & Mashkoor, Ashraf
- 1756-1764 Maori healers' views on wellbeing: The importance of mind, body, spirit, family and land
by Mark, Glenis Tabetha & Lyons, Antonia C.
- 1765-1772 Project-induced migration and depression: A panel analysis
by Hwang, Sean-Shong & Cao, Yue & Xi, Juan
- 1773-1779 Patterns of distress, precipitating events, and reflections on suicide attempts by young Latinas
by Zayas, Luis & Gulbas, Lauren E. & Fedoravicius, Nicole & Cabassa, Leopoldo J.
- 1780-1788 Socio-economic status and oral health-related behaviours in Korean adolescents
by Jung, Se-Hwan & Tsakos, Georgios & Sheiham, Aubrey & Ryu, Jae-In & Watt, Richard G.
- 1789-1798 The knowledge, education and behaviour of young people with regard to Chlamydia trachomatis in Aarhus, Denmark and Bonn, Germany: Do prevention concepts matter?
by Lengen, Charis & Jäger, Sabine & Kistemann, Thomas
- 1799-1805 Are children and adolescents less active if parents restrict their physical activity and active transport due to perceived risk?
by Carver, Alison & Timperio, Anna & Hesketh, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1806-1815 Local environments as determinants of walking in Melbourne, Australia
by Bentley, Rebecca & Jolley, Damien & Kavanagh, Anne Marie
- 1816-1824 Do working mothers raise couch potato kids? Maternal employment and children's lifestyle behaviours and weight in early childhood
by Brown, Judith E. & Broom, Dorothy H. & Nicholson, Jan M. & Bittman, Michael
- 1825-1831 The adaptive role of perceived control before and after cancer diagnosis: A prospective study
by Ranchor, Adelita V. & Wardle, Jane & Steptoe, Andrew & Henselmans, Inge & Ormel, Johan & Sanderman, Robbert
- 1832-1839 The impact of subjective and objective social status on psychological distress among men and women in Japan
by Sakurai, Keiko & Kawakami, Norito & Yamaoka, Kazue & Ishikawa, Hirono & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1840-1846 The protective effects of civic communities against all-cause mortality
by Lee, Matthew R.
- 1847-1857 Fertility history and cause-specific mortality: A register-based analysis of complete cohorts of Norwegian women and men
by Grundy, Emily & Kravdal, Øystein
- 1858-1864 Alcohol use and social interactions among adolescents in Sweden: Do peer effects exist within and/or between the majority population and immigrants?
by Svensson, Mikael
- 1866-1866 Call for papers: Sociology of diagnosis: Negotiation, mediation and contingency
by Jutel, Annemarie & Nettleton, Sarah
2010, Volume 70, Issue 10
- 1467-1474 Schools as social complex adaptive systems: A new way to understand the challenges of introducing the health promoting schools concept
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise & Khavarpour, Freidoon
- 1475-1477 Approaching complexity: A commentary on Keshavarz, Nutbeam, Rowling and Khavarpour
by Haggis, Tamsin
- 1478-1479 Social complex adaptive systems. A response to Haggis
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise
- 1480-1486 Timing of retirement and mortality - A cohort study of Swedish construction workers
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1487-1488 Do disability pensioners have a higher mortality rate than non-pensioners? Adjusting for potential confounding: A commentary on Hult, Stattin, Janlert and Järvholm
by Wallman, Thorne & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 1489-1491 Comparing mortality rates and recognizing health selection bias: A response to Wallman and Svärdsudd
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1492-1500 Translating evidence into practice: A shared priority in public health?
by McAneney, H. & McCann, J.F. & Prior, L. & Wilde, J. & Kee, F.
- 1501-1508 Using the life course perspective to study the entry into the illness trajectory: The perspective of caregivers of people with Alzheimer's disease
by Carpentier, Normand & Bernard, Paul & Grenier, Amanda & Guberman, Nancy
- 1509-1517 Disseminating educational innovations in health care practice: Training versus social networks
by Jippes, Erik & Achterkamp, Marjolein C. & Brand, Paul L.P. & Kiewiet, Derk Jan & Pols, Jan & van Engelen, Jo M.L.
- 1518-1526 "It all depends": Conceptualizing public involvement in the context of health technology assessment agencies
by Gauvin, Francois-Pierre & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Eyles, John & Lavis, John N.
- 1527-1535 The effect of a public health card program on the supply of health care
by Johar, Meliyanni
- 1536-1543 Understanding the impact of economic evidence on clinical decision making: A discrete choice experiment in cardiology
by Torbica, Aleksandra & Fattore, Giovanni
- 1544-1549 Dramatic increase of Cesarean deliveries in the midst of health reforms in rural China
by Bogg, Lennart & Huang, Kun & Long, Qian & Shen, Yuan & Hemminki, Elina
- 1550-1557 Social disparities and cause-specific mortality during economic development
by Mary Schooling, C. & Lau, Elaine W.L. & Tin, Keith Y.K. & Leung, Gabriel M.
- 1558-1566 Socioeconomic and behavioral risk factors for mortality in a national 19-year prospective study of U.S. adults
by Lantz, Paula M. & Golberstein, Ezra & House, James S. & Morenoff, Jeffrey
- 1567-1573 Economic models of the family and the relationship between economic status and health
by Tipper, Adam
- 1574-1580 Difficulty of healthy eating: A Rasch model approach
by Henson, Spencer & Blandon, Jose & Cranfield, John
- 1581-1589 The cost of sickness: On the effect of the duration of sick leave on post-sick leave earnings
by Andersen, Signe Hald
- 1590-1598 Does variation in general practitioner (GP) practice matter for the length of sick leave? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP-patient data
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kamrul Islam, M.
- 1599-1608 Listen carefully: The risk of error in spoken medication orders
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Dickey, Laura Walsh & Fisher, William M. & Gibbons, Robert D. & Lin, Swu-Jane & Luce, Paul A. & McLennan, Conor T. & Senders, John W. & Yu, Clement T.
- 1609-1617 Effects of organizational justice on depressive symptoms and sickness absence: A longitudinal perspective
by Ybema, Jan F. & van den Bos, Kees
- 1618-1625 Using theory to synthesise evidence from behaviour change interventions: The example of audit and feedback
by Gardner, Benjamin & Whittington, Craig & McAteer, John & Eccles, Martin P. & Michie, Susan
- 1626-1632 Suicide prevention by limiting access to methods: A review of theory and practice
by Florentine, Julia Buus & Crane, Catherine
- 1633-1640 Spiritual therapeutic landscapes and healing: A case study of St. Anne de Beaupre, Quebec, Canada
by Williams, Allison
- 1641-1647 "He's a good-looking chap aint he?": Narrative and visualisations of self in body dysmorphic disorder
by Silver, Joanna & Reavey, Paula
- 1648-1655 Group-based citizenship in the acceptance of indoor residual spraying (IRS) for malaria control in Mozambique
by Montgomery, Catherine M. & Munguambe, Khátia & Pool, Robert
- 1656-1664 Don't let the suffering make you fade away: An ethnographic study of resilience among survivors of genocide-rape in southern Rwanda
by Zraly, Maggie & Nyirazinyoye, Laetitia
2010, Volume 70, Issue 9
- 1263-1270 Suppression of racial disparities for children with special health care needs among families receiving Medicaid
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan & Grady, Melissa D. & Powell, Sarah E. & Hicks-Sangster, Tamara K.
- 1271-1273 Medicaid and racial disparities in health: The issue of causality. A commentary on Rose etÂ al
by Michael Foster, E.
- 1274-1276 Observation, correlation and policy analysis: A response to Foster
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan P.
- 1277-1284 Genotype-environment interaction and sociology: Contributions and complexities
by Seabrook, Jamie A. & Avison, William R.
- 1285-1294 Theorising big IT programmes in healthcare: Strong structuration theory meets actor-network theory
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Stones, Rob
- 1295-1300 Are cancer registries unconstitutional?
by McLaughlin, Robert H. & Clarke, Christina A. & Crawley, LaVera M. & Glaser, Sally L.
- 1301-1308 Defining near misses: Towards a sharpened definition based on empirical data about error handling processes
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & De Jonge, Jan & Rutte, Christel
- 1309-1316 Prospective risk analysis prior to retrospective incident reporting and analysis as a means to enhance incident reporting behaviour: A quasi-experimental field study
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & De Jonge, Jan & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & Rutte, Christel
- 1317-1325 Preferences for long-term care services: Willingness to pay estimates derived from a discrete choice experiment
by Nieboer, Anna P. & Koolman, Xander & Stolk, Elly A.
- 1326-1334 Spanning the know-do gap: Understanding knowledge application and capacity in long-term care homes
by Berta, Whitney & Teare, Gary F. & Gilbart, Erin & Ginsburg, Liane S. & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Davis, Dave & Rappolt, Susan
- 1335-1341 In search of 'low health literacy': Threshold vs. gradient effect of literacy on health status and mortality
by Wolf, Michael S. & Feinglass, Joseph & Thompson, Jason & Baker, David W.
- 1342-1349 Development of a Deprivation Index and its relation to premature mortality due to diseases of the circulatory system in Hungary, 1998-2004
by Juhász, Attila & Nagy, Csilla & Páldy, Anna & Beale, Linda