Social Science & Medicine
2011, Volume 72, Issue 6
- 823-831 Family presence in routine medical visits: A meta-analytical review
by Wolff, Jennifer L. & Roter, Debra L.
- 832-839 Economic evaluation to inform health care decision-making: Promise, pitfalls and a proposal for an alternative path
by Brousselle, Astrid & Lessard, Chantale
- 840-854 Losing life and livelihood: A systematic review and meta-analysis of unemployment and all-cause mortality
by Roelfs, David J. & Shor, Eran & Davidson, Karina W. & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 855-866 Implementing successful intimate partner violence screening programs in health care settings: Evidence generated from a realist-informed systematic review
by O'Campo, Patricia & Kirst, Maritt & Tsamis, Charoula & Chambers, Catharine & Ahmad, Farah
- 867-873 Association of physical violence by an intimate partner around the time of pregnancy with inadequate gestational weight gain
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Tamim, Hala & Lincoln, Alicia M. & Dooley, Suzanna D. & Beydoun, May A.
- 874-883 Psychosocial influences on prisoner suicide: A case-control study of near-lethal self-harm in women prisoners
by Marzano, Lisa & Hawton, Keith & Rivlin, Adrienne & Fazel, Seena
- 884-889 Do local landmark bridges increase the suicide rate? An alternative test of the likely effect of means restriction at suicide-jumping sites
by Glasgow, Garrett
- 890-898 Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: The INMA-Valencia project in Spain
by Llop, Sabrina & Ballester, Ferran & Estarlich, Marisa & Iñiguez, Carmen & Ramón, Rosa & Gonzalez, MCarmen & Murcia, Mario & Esplugues, Ana & Rebagliato, Marisa
- 899-906 Health among hospital employees in Europe: A cross-national study of the impact of work stress and work control
by Pisljar, Tjasa & van der Lippe, Tanja & den Dulk, Laura
- 907-911 The deleterious consequences of privatization and outsourcing for hospital support work: The experiences of contracted-out hospital cleaners and dietary aids in Vancouver, Canada
by Zuberi, Daniyal M. & Ptashnick, Melita B.
- 912-918 Compliant, complacent or panicked? Investigating the problematisation of the Australian general public in pandemic influenza control
by Davis, Mark & Stephenson, Niamh & Flowers, Paul
- 919-927 The determinants of the adoption of pharmaceutical innovation: Evidence from Taiwan
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Kao Yang, Yea-Huei & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 928-936 Do pharmaceuticals displace local knowledge and use of medicinal plants? Estimates from a cross-sectional study in a rural indigenous community, Mexico
by Giovannini, Peter & Reyes-García, Victoria & Waldstein, Anna & Heinrich, Michael
- 937-944 Introducing malaria rapid diagnostic tests at registered drug shops in Uganda: Limitations of diagnostic testing in the reality of diagnosis
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Hall-Clifford, Rachel & Asaph, Turinde & Pascal, Magnussen & Clarke, Siân & Mbonye, Anthony K.
- 945-952 Strange bedfellows: The Catholic Church and Brazilian National AIDS Program in the response to HIV/AIDS in Brazil
by Murray, Laura R. & Garcia, Jonathan & Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Parker, Richard G.
- 953-961 Making sense of condoms: Social representations in young people's HIV-related narratives from six African countries
by Winskell, Kate & Obyerodhyambo, Oby & Stephenson, Rob
- 962-968 Children's understanding of the selling versus persuasive intent of junk food advertising: Implications for regulation
by Carter, Owen B.J. & Patterson, Lisa J. & Donovan, Robert J. & Ewing, Michael T. & Roberts, Clare M.
- 969-976 Food provisioning experiences of ultra poor female heads of household living in Bangladesh
by McIntyre, Lynn & Rondeau, Krista & Kirkpatrick, Sharon & Hatfield, Jennifer & Islam, Khaled Shamsul & Huda, Syed Nazmul
- 977-983 Explaining racial disparities in adverse birth outcomes: Unique sources of stress for Black American women
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Lobel, Marci
- 984-991 Motherhood, pregnancy, and the negotiation of identity: The moral career of drug treatment
by Radcliffe, Polly
- 992-998 Negotiating desires and options: How mothers who carry the fragile X gene experience reproductive decisions
by Raspberry, Kelly Amanda & Skinner, Debra
- 999-1003 Selection in utero contributes to the male longevity deficit
by Catalano, Ralph
- 1004-1015 Infant mortality, season of birth and the health of older Puerto Rican adults
by McEniry, Mary
- 1016-1017 Reconstructing dose: A commentary on McEniry
by Catalano, Ralph & Margerison-Zilko, Claire E. & Saxton, Katherine & LeWinn, Kaja & Anderson, Elizabeth
- 1018-1020 In utero exposures, season of birth and population studies of older adults: Author's reply
by McEniry, Mary C.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 4
- 447-455 Effect of increased private share of inpatient psychiatric resources on jail population growth: Evidence from the United States
by Yoon, Jangho
- 456-459 Dysfunctional social control of mental illness: A commentary on Yoon
by Markowitz, Fred. E.
- 460-468 Managing Prader-Willi syndrome in families: An embodied exploration
by Allen, Kerry
- 469-477 Does parental capital influence the prevalence of child overweight and parental perceptions of child weight-level?
by Christensen, Vibeke T.
- 478-485 'I'm a bad mum': Pregnant presenteeism and poor health at work
by Gatrell, Caroline Jane
- 486-493 Gender and the hygiene hypothesis
by Clough, Sharyn
- 494-503 Explaining the curvilinear relationship between age at first birth and depression among women
by Carlson, Daniel L.
- 504-512 How do patients come to be seen as 'difficult'?: A mixed-methods study in community mental health care
by Koekkoek, B. & Hutschemaekers, G. & van Meijel, B. & Schene, A.
- 513-520 Professional relations in sport healthcare: Workplace responses to organisational change
by Malcolm, Dominic & Scott, Andrea
- 521-528 What does an e-mail address add? - Doing health and technology at home
by Andreassen, Hege K.
- 529-536 Negotiating competency, professionalism and risk: The integration of complementary and alternative medicine by nurses and midwives in NHS hospitals
by Cant, Sarah & Watts, Peter & Ruston, Annmarie
- 537-544 Translational science and the hidden research system in universities and academic hospitals: A case study
by Lander, Bryn & Atkinson-Grosjean, Janet
- 545-552 The "biosecuritization" of healthcare delivery: Examples of post-9/11 technological imperatives
by Fisher, Jill A. & Monahan, Torin
- 553-559 Constructing access in predictive medicine. Comparing classification for hereditary breast cancer risks in England, Germany and the Netherlands
by Aarden, Erik & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 560-567 Privatization of social services: Quality differences in Swedish elderly care
by Stolt, Ragnar & Blomqvist, Paula & Winblad, Ulrika
- 568-575 Factors in health initiative success: Learning from Nepal's newborn survival initiative
by Smith, Stephanie L. & Neupane, Shailes
- 576-583 Job loss and depression: The role of subjective expectations
by Mandal, Bidisha & Ayyagari, Padmaja & Gallo, William T.
- 584-590 Social capital and self-rated health in Colombia: The good, the bad and the ugly
by Hurtado, David & Kawachi, Ichiro & Sudarsky, John
- 591-599 The interaction of personal and parental education on health
by Ross, Catherine E. & Mirowsky, John
- 600-607 Social inequalities in the association between partner/marital status and health among workers in Spain
by Artazcoz, Lucia & Cortès, Imma & Borrell, Carme & Escribà-Agüir, Vicenta & Cascant, Lorena
- 608-616 Attributable risk of psychiatric and socio-economic factors for suicide from individual-level, population-based studies: A systematic review
by Li, Zhuoyang & Page, Andrew & Martin, Graham & Taylor, Richard
- 617-624 World health inequality: Convergence, divergence, and development
by Clark, Rob
- 625-633 Socioeconomic context and gastroschisis: Exploring associations at various geographic scales
by Root, Elisabeth D. & Meyer, Robert E. & Emch, Michael
2011, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 317-318 Health geography in 'Steel City': Selected papers from the XIII International Medical Geography Symposium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, July 2009
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Elliott, Susan J.
- 319-326 'Vulnerability is universal': Considering the place of 'security' and 'vulnerability' within contemporary global health discourse
by Brown, Tim
- 327-337 Entitlements to health care: Why is there a preference for private facilities among poorer residents of Chennai, India?
by Ergler, Christina R. & Sakdapolrak, Patrick & Bohle, Hans-Georg & Kearns, Robin A.
- 338-346 The influence of culture on home-based family caregiving at end-of-life: A case study of Dutch reformed family care givers in Ontario, Canada
by Donovan, Rhonda & Williams, Allison & Stajduhar, Kelli & Brazil, Kevin & Marshall, Denise
- 347-354 Telecare and older people: Who cares where?
by Milligan, Christine & Roberts, Celia & Mort, Maggie
- 355-364 Aboriginal peoples, health and healing approaches: The effects of age and place on health
by Wilson, Kathi & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Abonyi, Sylvia
- 365-372 Aging, health and place in residential care facilities in Beijing, China
by Cheng, Yang & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Wang, Wuyi & Yang, Linsheng & Li, Hairong
- 373-382 Explaining place-based colorectal cancer health disparities: Evidence from a rural context
by Beyer, Kirsten M.M. & Comstock, Sara & Seagren, Renea & Rushton, Gerard
- 383-388 Examining spatial variations in the prevalence of mental health problems among 5-year-old children in Canada
by Raos, Robert & Janus, Magdalena
- 389-397 Deprivation (im)mobility and cause-specific premature mortality in Scotland
by Exeter, Daniel J. & Boyle, Paul J. & Norman, Paul
- 398-407 Conflict and human African trypanosomiasis
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Lundine, Jamie & Breau, Sebastien
- 408-417 Malaria risk behaviours, socio-cultural practices and rural livelihoods in southern Tanzania: Implications for bednet usage
by Dunn, Christine E. & Le Mare, Ann & Makungu, Christina
- 418-429 Using a neural network for mining interpretable relationships of West Nile risk factors
by Ghosh, Debarchana & Guha, Rajarshi
- 430-438 Do area characteristics predict change in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity from ages 11 to 15 years?
by Pabayo, Roman & Belsky, Jay & Gauvin, Lise & Curtis, Sarah
- 439-445 Concept mapping of diet and physical activity: Uncovering local stakeholders perception in the Quebec City region
by Lebel, Alexandre & Cantinotti, Michael & Pampalon, Robert & Thériault, Marius & Smith, Lindsay A. & Hamelin, Anne-Marie
2011, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 125-128 The patchwork: Health reform, American style
by Marmor, Theodore & Oberlander, Jonathan
- 129-132 Historical and comparative reflections on the U.S. national health insurance reforms
by Light, Donald W.
- 133-141 Measuring and decomposing socioeconomic inequality in healthcare delivery: A microsimulation approach with application to the Palestinian conflict-affected fragile setting
by Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Moatti, Jean-Paul & Ventelou, Bruno
- 142-148 Impact of information on intentions to vaccinate in a potential epidemic: Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1)
by Chanel, Olivier & Luchini, Stéphane & Massoni, Sébastien & Vergnaud, Jean-Christophe
- 149-156 Fishing in dangerous waters: Ecology, gender and economy in HIV risk
by Mojola, Sanyu A.
- 157-165 Equity aspects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana: Who is enrolling, who is not and why?
by Jehu-Appiah, Caroline & Aryeetey, Genevieve & Spaan, Ernst & de Hoop, Thomas & Agyepong, Irene & Baltussen, Rob
- 166-172 Effect of the Arizona tobacco control program on cigarette consumption and healthcare expenditures
by Lightwood, James & Glantz, Stanton
- 173-184 Do the poor cost much more? The relationship between small area income deprivation and length of stay for elective hip replacement in the English NHS from 2001 to 2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro
- 185-192 Measuring and valuing productivity loss due to poor health: A critical review
by Zhang, Wei & Bansback, Nick & Anis, Aslam H.
- 193-201 Change in income and change in self-rated health: Systematic review of studies using repeated measures to control for confounding bias
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 202-205 The antagonism of push and pull strategies, and the current funding campaigns to fight orphan diseases
by Leoni, Patrick
- 206-215 Ageing and disability: Job satisfaction differentials across Europe
by Pagan, Ricardo
- 216-223 Utilization of HIV-related services from the private health sector: A multi-country analysis
by Wang, Wenjuan & Sulzbach, Sara & De, Susna
- 224-229 Socioeconomic inequalities in the diffusion of health technology: Uptake of coronary procedures as an example
by Korda, Rosemary J. & Clements, Mark S. & Dixon, Jane
- 230-237 Limited English proficient Asian Americans: Threshold language policy and access to mental health treatment
by Snowden, Lonnie R. & Masland, Mary C. & Peng, Carol J. & Wei-Mien Lou, Christine & Wallace, Neal T.
- 238-246 The role of leader behaviors in hospital-based emergency departments' unit performance and employee work satisfaction
by Yen-Ju Lin, Blossom & Hsu, Chung-Ping C. & Juan, Chi-Wen & Lin, Cheng-Chieh & Lin, Hung-Jung & Chen, Jih-Chang
- 247-255 Referral to and attitude towards traditional Chinese medicine amongst western medical doctors in postcolonial Hong Kong
by Chung, Vincent C.H. & Hillier, Sheila & Lau, Chun Hong & Wong, Samuel Y.S. & Yeoh, Eng Kiong & Griffiths, Sian M.
- 256-264 "So We Adapt Step by Step": Acculturation experiences affecting diabetes management and perceived health for Chinese American immigrants
by Chun, Kevin M. & Chesla, Catherine A. & Kwan, Christine M.L.
- 265-272 Boundaries and risk: Media framing of assisted reproductive technologies and older mothers
by Campbell, Patricia
- 273-282 Food security and humanitarian assistance among displaced Iraqi populations in Jordan and Syria
by Doocy, Shannon & Sirois, Adam & Anderson, Jamie & Tileva, Margarita & Biermann, Elizabeth & Storey, J. Douglas & Burnham, Gilbert
- 283-290 Young people living with parental bereavement: Insights from an ethnographic study of a UK childhood bereavement service
by Brewer, Joanne D. & Sparkes, Andrew C.
- 291-298 Effects of social integration on health: A prospective study of community engagement among African American women
by Fothergill, Kate E. & Ensminger, Margaret E. & Robertson, Judy & Green, Kerry M. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Juon, Hee-Soon
- 299-306 Does social trust at school affect students' smoking and drinking behavior in Japan?
by Takakura, Minoru
- 307-315 Do biological measures mediate the relationship between education and health: A comparative study
by Goldman, Noreen & Turra, Cassio M. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis & Weir, David & Crimmins, Eileen
2011, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-2 Major reductions in global suicide numbers can be made rapidly through pesticide regulation without the need for psychosocial interventions
by Eddleston, Michael & Bateman, D. Nicholas
- 3-5 Pesticides, paracetamol and psychosocial interventions: A reply to a commentary on Florentine and Crane
by Florentine, Julia B. & Crane, Catherine
- 6-14 Ironic technology: Old age and the implantable cardioverter defibrillator in US health care
by Kaufman, Sharon R. & Mueller, Paul S. & Ottenberg, Abigale L. & Koenig, Barbara A.
- 15-22 The construction of ethnic differences in work incapacity risks: Analysing ordering practices of physicians in the Netherlands
by Meershoek, Agnes & Krumeich, Anja & Vos, Rein
- 23-30 Accessing the field: Disability and the research process
by Brown, Lindsey & Boardman, Felicity K.
- 31-38 Unpacking capacity to utilize research: A tale of the Burkina Faso public health association
by Hamel, Nadia & Schrecker, Ted
- 39-48 Health sector decentralization and local decision-making: Decision space, institutional capacities and accountability in Pakistan
by Bossert, Thomas John & Mitchell, Andrew David
- 49-53 How will e-health affect patient participation in the clinic? A review of e-health studies and the current evidence for changes in the relationship between medical professionals and patients
by Dedding, Christine & van Doorn, Roesja & Winkler, Lex & Reis, Ria
- 54-62 Internet peer support for individuals with psychiatric disabilities: A randomized controlled trial
by Kaplan, Katy & Salzer, Mark S. & Solomon, Phyllis & Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Cousounis, Pamela
- 63-71 Effectiveness of a video-based motivational skills-building HIV risk-reduction intervention for female military personnel
by Essien, E. James & Mgbere, Osaro & Monjok, Emmanuel & Ekong, Ernest & Holstad, Marcia M. & Kalichman, Seth C.
- 72-82 Examining the association of abortion history and current mental health: A reanalysis of the National Comorbidity Survey using a common-risk-factors model
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Finer, Lawrence B.
- 83-90 Predictors of alcohol use prior to pregnancy recognition among township women in Cape Town, South Africa
by O'Connor, Mary J. & Tomlinson, Mark & LeRoux, Ingrid M. & Stewart, Jacqueline & Greco, Erin & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 91-99 "When you got nothing to do, you do somebody": A community's perceptions of neighborhood effects on adolescent sexual behaviors
by Akers, Aletha Y. & Muhammad, Melvin R. & Corbie-Smith, Giselle
- 100-107 Do early-life conditions predict functional health status in adulthood? The case of Mexico
by Huang, Cheng & Soldo, Beth J. & Elo, Irma T.
- 108-115 Inequalities in childhood cancer mortality according to parental socioeconomic position: A birth cohort study in South Korea
by Son, Mia & Kim, Jongoh & Oh, Juhwan & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 116-123 A longitudinal analysis of the relationship between changes in socio-economic status and changes in health
by Halleröd, Björn & Gustafsson, Jan-Eric
2010, Volume 71, Issue 12
- 2047-2048 An appreciation of Mildred Blaxter, 1925-2010
by Macintyre, Sally
- 2049-2056 Effects of child health on housing in the urban U.S
by Curtis, Marah A. & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 2057-2065 Are local health department expenditures related to racial disparities in mortality?
by Grembowski, David & Bekemeier, Betty & Conrad, Douglas & Kreuter, William
- 2066-2073 Mortality and business cycles by level of development: Evidence from Mexico
by Gonzalez, Fidel & Quast, Troy
- 2074-2082 Demand for voluntary health insurance in developing countries: The case of Vietnam's school-age children and adolescent student health insurance program
by Nguyen, Ha & Knowles, James
- 2083-2090 Economic fluctuations and suicide: A comparison of Taiwan and Hong Kong
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Yip, Paul S.F. & Lee, Carmen & Fan, Hsiang-Fang & Fu, King-Wa
- 2091-2099 Sex differences in physical and mental functioning of Japanese civil servants: Explanations from work and family characteristics
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 2100-2107 What does "occupation" represent as an indicator of socioeconomic status?: Exploring occupational prestige and health
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Xu, Jun & Gong, Fang
- 2108-2116 Metropolitan isolation segregation and Black-White disparities in very preterm birth: A test of mediating pathways and variance explained
by Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L. & Drews-Botsch, Carolyn D. & Waller, Lance A. & Hogue, Carol R.
- 2117-2129 The geography of institutional psychiatric care in France 1800-2000: Historical analysis of the spatial diffusion of specialised facilities for institutional care of mental illness
by Coldefy, Magali & Curtis, Sarah E.
- 2130-2140 Employment relations, social class and health: A review and analysis of conceptual and measurement alternatives
by Muntaner, Carles & Borrell, Carme & Vanroelen, Christophe & Chung, Haejoo & Benach, Joan & Kim, Il Ho & Ng, Edwin
- 2141-2149 Inventory and analysis of definitions of social participation found in the aging literature: Proposed taxonomy of social activities
by Levasseur, Mélanie & Richard, Lucie & Gauvin, Lise & Raymond, Émilie
- 2150-2161 Correlates and consequences of internalized stigma for people living with mental illness: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Livingston, James D. & Boyd, Jennifer E.
- 2162-2169 Chinese and American employers' perspectives regarding hiring people with behaviorally driven health conditions: The role of stigma
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Tsang, Hector W.H. & Shi, Kan & Lam, Chow S. & Larson, Jon
- 2170-2177 Experience of human rights violations and subsequent mental disorders - A study following the war in the Balkans
by Priebe, Stefan & Bogic, Marija & Ashcroft, Richard & Franciskovic, Tanja & Galeazzi, Gian Maria & Kucukalic, Abdulah & Lecic-Tosevski, Dusica & Morina, Nexhmedin & Popovski, Mihajlo & Roughton, Michael & Schützwohl, Matthias & Ajdukovic, Dean
- 2178-2186 The gendered experience of stigmatization in severe and persistent mental illness in Lima, Peru
by Robillard, Chantal
- 2187-2194 Precarious spaces: Risk, responsibility and uncertainty in school-based suicide prevention programs
by White, Jennifer & Morris, Jonathan
- 2195-2203 Medical training as adventure-wonder and adventure-ordeal: A dialogical analysis of affect-laden pedagogy
by Madill, Anne & Sullivan, Paul
- 2204-2211 Fresh or frozen? Classifying 'spare' embryos for donation to human embryonic stem cell research
by Ehrich, Kathryn & Williams, Clare & Farsides, Bobbie
- 2212-2218 Experiences of, and attitudes towards, pregnancy and fatherhood amongst incarcerated young male offenders: Findings from a qualitative study
by Buston, Katie Margaret
- 2219-2219 Special issue call for papers: Challenges of changing health behaviours
by Aboud, Frances
2010, Volume 71, Issue 11
- 1897-1900 Virtual special issue introduction: Health behaviour change
by Aboud, Frances E.
- 1901-1909 Impacts of a support intervention for low-income women who smoke
by Stewart, Miriam J. & Kushner, Kaysi Eastlick & Greaves, Lorraine & Letourneau, Nicole & Spitzer, Denise & Boscoe, Madeline
- 1910-1912 The value of more information: A commentary on Stewart et al
by Lillard, Dean R.
- 1913-1915 Participatory pilot interventions for vulnerable populations: A response to Lillard
by Stewart, Miriam J. & Letourneau, Nicole L. & Kushner, Kaysi E.
- 1916-1920 An RCT study to evaluate a targeted, theory driven healthy eating leaflet
by Baker, Holly J. & Butler, Laurie T. & Chambers, Stephanie A. & Traill, W. Bruce & Lobb, Alexandra E. & Herbert, Georgia
- 1921-1926 Factors associated with partner referral among patients with sexually transmitted infections in Bangladesh
by Alam, Nazmul & Streatfield, Peter Kim & Khan, Sharful Islam & Momtaz, Dalia & Kristensen, Sibylle & Vermund, Sten H.
- 1927-1934 A life-cycle approach to the analysis of the relationship between social capital and health in Britain
by Borgonovi, Francesca
- 1935-1942 Do the wealthy have a health advantage? Cardiovascular disease risk factors and wealth
by Hajat, A. & Kaufman, J.S. & Rose, K.M. & Siddiqi, A. & Thomas, J.C.
- 1943-1950 Neighborhoods, daily activities, and measuring health risks experienced in urban environments
by Basta, Luke A. & Richmond, Therese S. & Wiebe, Douglas J.
- 1951-1957 Scottish mortality rates 2000-2002 by deprivation and small area population mobility
by Brown, Denise & Leyland, Alastair H.
- 1958-1963 National female literacy, individual socio-economic status, and maternal health care use in sub-Saharan Africa
by McTavish, Sarah & Moore, Spencer & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John
- 1964-1972 Income-related health inequalities in the Nordic countries: Examining the role of education, occupational class, and age
by Huijts, Tim & Eikemo, Terje Andreas & Skalická, Vera
- 1973-1980 Reducing child malnutrition in Nigeria: Combined effects of income growth and provision of information about mothers' access to health care services
by Agee, Mark D.
- 1981-1988 Do self-perceived health changes predict longevity?
by Erdogan-Ciftci, Esen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Bago d'Uva, Teresa & van Lenthe, Frank
- 1989-1996 Extending transaction cost economics: Towards a synthesised approach for analysing contracting in health care markets with experience from the Australian private sector
by Donato, Ronald
- 1997-2004 Integrated care in the emergency department: A complex adaptive systems perspective
by Nugus, Peter & Carroll, Katherine & Hewett, David G. & Short, Alison & Forero, Roberto & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 2005-2013 Discursive gaps in the implementation of public health policy guidelines in India: The case of HIV testing
by Sheikh, Kabir & Porter, John
- 2014-2019 Increasing supply of dentists induces their geographic diffusion in contrast with physicians in Japan
by Toyokawa, Satoshi & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 2020-2027 Urban-rural differences in dental caries of 5-year old children in Scotland
by Levin, Kate A. & Davies, Carolyn A. & Douglas, Gail V.A. & Pitts, Nigel B.
- 2028-2037 False hope: Effects of social class and health policy on oral health inequalities for migrant farmworker families
by Castañeda, Heide & Carrion, Iraida V. & Kline, Nolan & Tyson, Dinorah Martinez
- 2038-2045 Birth choices in Timor-Leste: A framework for understanding the use of maternal health services in low resource settings
by Wild, Kayli & Barclay, Lesley & Kelly, Paul & Martins, Nelson
- 2046-2046 Corrigendum to: "Suicide prevention by limiting access to methods: A review of theory and practice" [Social Science & Medicine, 70, (2010), 1626-1632]
by Florentine, Julia Buus & Crane, Catherine
2010, Volume 71, Issue 10
- 1703-1710 Joining-up thinking: Loss in childbearing from inter-disciplinary perspectives
by de Kok, Bregje & Hussein, Julia & Jeffery, Patricia
- 1711-1718 Only when the boat has started sinking: A maternal death in rural north India
by Jeffery, Patricia & Jeffery, Roger
- 1719-1727 Confronting maternal mortality, controlling birth in Nepal: The gendered politics of receiving biomedical care at birth
by Brunson, Jan
- 1728-1738 A lost cause? Extending verbal autopsy to investigate biomedical and socio-cultural causes of maternal death in Burkina Faso and Indonesia
by D'Ambruoso, Lucia & Byass, Peter & Qomariyah, Siti Nurul & Ouédraogo, Moctar
- 1739-1748 Assessing and understanding quality of care in a labour ward: A pilot study combining clinical and social science perspectives in Gondar, Ethiopia
by Pitchforth, Emma & Lilford, Richard J. & Kebede, Yigzaw & Asres, Getahun & Stanford, Charlotte & Frost, Jodie
- 1749-1756 Beyond body counts: A qualitative study of lives and loss in Burkina Faso after 'near-miss' obstetric complications
by Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi & Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Ouattara, Fatoumata & Filippi, Véronique
- 1757-1763 Loss in childbearing among Gambia's kanyalengs: Using a stratified reproduction framework to expand the scope of sexual and reproductive health
by Hough, Carolyn A.
- 1764-1772 "These are not good things for other people to know": How rural Tanzanian women's experiences of pregnancy loss and early neonatal death may impact survey data quality
by Haws, Rachel A. & Mashasi, Irene & Mrisho, Mwifadhi & Schellenberg, Joanna Armstrong & Darmstadt, Gary L. & Winch, Peter J.
- 1773-1779 Marginal matters: Pregnancy loss as a social event
by van der Sijpt, Erica
- 1780-1787 Health seeking behaviour of childless women in Bangladesh: An ethnographic exploration for the special issue on: Loss in child bearing
by Nahar, Papreen
- 1788-1795 Linking two opposites of pregnancy loss: Induced abortion and infertility in Yoruba society, Nigeria
by Koster, Winny
- 1796-1803 How children and young people construct and negotiate living with medical technology
by Kirk, Susan
- 1804-1810 "So we started talking about a beach in Barbados": Visualization practices and needle phobia
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Shaw, David
- 1811-1818 Do patient autonomy preferences matter? Linking patient-centered care to patient-physician relationships and health outcomes
by Lee, Yin-Yang & Lin, Julia L.
- 1819-1830 Can we explain increases in young people's psychological distress over time?
by Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick & Young, Robert & Der, Geoff
- 1831-1838 Marital status and gender differences in managing a chronic illness: The function of health-related social control
by August, Kristin J. & Sorkin, Dara H.
- 1839-1846 Translating HIV interventions into practice: Community-based organizations' experiences with the diffusion of effective behavioral interventions (DEBIs)
by Margaret Dolcini, M. & Gandelman, Alice A. & Vogan, Stacy A. & Kong, Carol & Leak, Tia-Nicole & King, A.J. & DeSantis, Linda & O'Leary, Ann
- 1847-1854 Adversities in childhood and adult psychopathology in the South Africa Stress and Health Study: Associations with first-onset DSM-IV disorders
by Slopen, Natalie & Williams, David R. & Seedat, Soraya & Moomal, Hashim & Herman, Allen & Stein, Dan J.
- 1855-1863 Spirituality within the family and the prevention of health risk behavior among adolescents in Bangkok, Thailand
by Chamratrithirong, Aphichat & Miller, Brenda A. & Byrnes, Hilary F. & Rhucharoenpornpanich, Orratai & Cupp, Pamela K. & Rosati, Michael J. & Fongkaew, Warunee & Atwood, Katharine A. & Chookhare, Warunee
- 1864-1871 Socioeconomic variation in the impact of obesity on health-related quality of life
by Minet Kinge, Jonas & Morris, Stephen
- 1872-1881 Examining cost variation across hospital departments-a two-stage multi-level approach using patient-level data
by Laudicella, Mauro & Olsen, Kim Rose & Street, Andrew
- 1882-1889 Estimating the additional cost of disability: Beyond budget standards
by Wilkinson-Meyers, Laura & Brown, Paul & McNeill, Robert & Patston, Philip & Dylan, Sacha & Baker, Ronelle
- 1890-1895 Measurement challenges of informal caregiving: A novel measurement method applied to a cohort of palliative care patients
by Dumont, Serge & Jacobs, Philip & Turcotte, Véronique & Anderson, Donna & Harel, François
2010, Volume 71, Issue 9
- 1537-1540 Virtual special issue introduction: Public participation in health policy in high income countries - A review of why, who, what, which, and where?
by Tenbensel, Tim
- 1541-1547 Configuring users of cholesterol lowering foods: A review of biomedical discourse
by Weiner, Kate
- 1548-1556 Cancergazing? CA125 and post-treatment surveillance in advanced ovarian cancer
by Jordens, Christopher F.C. & Morrell, Bronwen & Harnett, Paul & Hobbs, Kim & Mason, Catherine & Kerridge, Ian H.
- 1557-1566 Looking upstream to understand low back pain and return to work: Psychosocial factors as the product of system issues
by Soklaridis, Sophie & Ammendolia, Carlo & Cassidy, David
- 1567-1575 Young women facing multiple and intersecting stressors of modernity, gender orders and youth
by Wiklund, Maria & Bengs, Carita & Malmgren-Olsson, Eva-Britt & Öhman, Ann
- 1576-1583 "I feel like half my body is clogged up": Lay models of stroke in Central Aceh, Indonesia
by Norris, Meriel & Allotey, Pascale & Barrett, Geraldine
- 1584-1592 Social networks and contraception practice of women in rural Bangladesh
by Gayen, Kaberi & Raeside, Robert
- 1593-1600 Knowledge, legitimacy and economic practice in informal markets for medicine: A critical review of research
by Cross, Jamie & MacGregor, Hayley Nan
- 1601-1609 Social venues that protect against and promote HIV risk for young men in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
by Yamanis, Thespina J. & Maman, Suzanne & Mbwambo, Jessie K. & Earp, Jo Anne E. & Kajula, Lusajo J.
- 1610-1619 Migration-related health inequalities: Showing the complex interactions between gender, social class and place of origin
by Malmusi, Davide & Borrell, Carme & Benach, Joan
- 1620-1626 From places to flows. International secondary migration and birth outcomes
by Urquia, Marcelo L. & Frank, John W. & Glazier, Richard H.
- 1627-1635 The availability of community ties predicts likelihood of peer referral for mammography: Geographic constraints on viral marketing
by Southwell, Brian G. & Slater, Jonathan S. & Rothman, Alexander J. & Friedenberg, Laura M. & Allison, Tiffany R. & Nelson, Christina L.
- 1636-1643 Characterizing self-rated health during a period of changing health status
by Perruccio, Anthony V. & Badley, Elizabeth M. & Hogg-Johnson, Sheilah & Davis, Aileen M.
- 1644-1652 Social inequalities in childhood dental caries: The convergent roles of stress, bacteria and disadvantage
by Boyce, W. Thomas & Den Besten, Pamela K. & Stamperdahl, Juliet & Zhan, Ling & Jiang, Yebin & Adler, Nancy E. & Featherstone, John D.
- 1653-1661 Exploring the associations between intimate partner violence and women's mental health: Evidence from a population-based study in Paraguay
by Ishida, Kanako & Stupp, Paul & Melian, Mercedes & Serbanescu, Florina & Goodwin, Mary
- 1662-1668 Does volunteering moderate the relation between functional limitations and mortality?
by Okun, Morris A. & August, Kristin J. & Rook, Karen S. & Newsom, Jason T.
- 1669-1676 Mediating processes in bereavement: The role of rumination, threatening grief interpretations, and deliberate grief avoidance
by van der Houwen, Karolijne & Stroebe, Margaret & Schut, Henk & Stroebe, Wolfgang & Bout, Jan van den
- 1677-1682 A policy case study of blood in Australia
by Graves, Nicholas & Clare, Gina & Haines, Mary & Bird, Robert
- 1683-1686 Overcoming gendered and professional hierarchies in order to facilitate escalation of care in emergency situations: The role of standardised communication protocols
by Mackintosh, Nicola & Sandall, Jane
- 1687-1691 Moral distress experienced by health care professionals who provide home-based palliative care
by Brazil, Kevin & Kassalainen, Sharon & Ploeg, Jenny & Marshall, Denise
- 1692-1701 The influence of organizational context on quality improvement and patient safety efforts in infection prevention: A multi-center qualitative study
by Krein, Sarah L. & Damschroder, Laura J. & Kowalski, Christine P. & Forman, Jane & Hofer, Timothy P. & Saint, Sanjay
2010, Volume 71, Issue 8
- 1375-1378 Culture, status and context in community health worker pay: Pitfalls and opportunities for policy research. A commentary on Glenton et al. (2010)
by Maes, Kenneth C. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Closser, Svea
- 1379-1380 Should we care what policy makers think? A response to Maes, Kohrt and Closser
by Glenton, Claire & Scheel, Inger B. & Pradhan, Sabina & Lewin, Simon & Hodgins, Stephen
- 1381-1384 Assisting war-torn populations - Should we prioritize reducing daily stressors to improve mental health? Comment on Miller and Rasmussen (2010)
by Neuner, Frank
- 1385-1389 Mental health and armed conflict: The importance of distinguishing between war exposure and other sources of adversity: A response to Neuner
by Miller, Kenneth E. & Rasmussen, Andrew
- 1390-1398 The public health critical race methodology: Praxis for antiracism research
by Ford, Chandra L. & Airhihenbuwa, Collins O.
- 1399-1408 Longing to belong: Social inclusion and wellbeing among youth with refugee backgrounds in the first three years in Melbourne, Australia
by Correa-Velez, Ignacio & Gifford, Sandra M. & Barnett, Adrian G.
- 1409-1417 Structural forces and the production of TB-related stigma among Haitians in two contexts
by Coreil, Jeannine & Mayard, Gladys & Simpson, Kelly M. & Lauzardo, Michael & Zhu, Yiliang & Weiss, Mitchell
- 1418-1427 Disability and self-rated health among older women and men in rural Guatemala: The role of obesity and chronic conditions
by Yount, Kathryn M. & Hoddinott, John & Stein, Aryeh D.
- 1428-1435 Spatial and socio-behavioral patterns of HIV prevalence in the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Messina, Jane P. & Emch, Michael & Muwonga, Jeremie & Mwandagalirwa, Kashamuka & Edidi, Samuel B. & Mama, Nicaise & Okenge, Augustin & Meshnick, Steven R.
- 1436-1446 Understanding community context and adult health changes in China: Development of an urbanicity scale
by Jones-Smith, Jessica C. & Popkin, Barry M.