Social Science & Medicine
2010, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 439-446 Productivity growth in outpatient child and adolescent mental health services: The impact of case-mix adjustment
by Halsteinli, Vidar & Kittelsen, Sverre A. & Magnussen, Jon
- 447-454 Using economic levers to change behaviour: The case of Thailand's universal coverage health care reforms
by Hughes, David & Leethongdee, Songkramchai & Osiri, Sunantha
- 455-464 Informative inducement: Study payment as a signal of risk
by Cryder, Cynthia E. & John London, Alex & Volpp, Kevin G. & Loewenstein, George
- 465-472 Subjective unmet need and utilization of health care services in Canada: What are the equity implications?
by Allin, Sara & Grignon, Michel & Le Grand, Julian
- 473-478 Developing a longitudinal database of routinely recorded primary care consultations linked to service use and outcome data
by Williams, Brian & Dowell, Jon & Humphris, Gerry & Themessl-Huber, Markus & Rushmer, Rosemary & Ricketts, Ian & Boyle, Paul & Sullivan, Frank
- 479-484 Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Kaptchuk, Ted
- 485-492 Internet-based trials and the creation of health consumers
by Advocat, Jenny & Lindsay, Jo
2010, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 169-174 From a different angle: A novel approach to health valuation
by Craig, Benjamin M. & Oppe, Mark
- 175-182 On health insurance and household decisions: A treatment effect analysis
by Koch, Steven & Alaba, Olufunke
- 183-190 Effects of simplifying choice tasks on estimates of taste heterogeneity in stated-choice surveys
by Johnson, F. Reed & Ozdemir, Semra & Phillips, Kathryn A.
- 191-198 Managed care and measuring medical outcomes: Did the rise of HMOs contribute to the fall in the autopsy rate?
by Harrington, David E. & Sayre, Edward A.
- 199-208 Prioritization and patients' rights: Analysing the effect of a reform in the Norwegian hospital sector
by Askildsen, Jan Erik & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kaarboe, Oddvar
- 209-216 Do guidelines create uniformity in medical practice?
by de Jong, Judith D. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Schellevis, François & Westert, Gert P.
- 217-220 "Broad" consent, exceptions to consent and the question of using biological samples for research purposes different from the initial collection purpose
by Petrini, Carlo
- 221-231 More equal but heavier: A longitudinal analysis of income-related obesity inequalities in an adult Swedish cohort
by Ljungvall, Åsa & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 232-239 Inequality in mortality in Vietnam during a period of rapid transition
by Granlund, David & Chuc, Nguyen T. & Phuc, Ho D. & Lindholm, Lars
- 240-250 Life course determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in functional health trajectories
by Haas, Steven & Rohlfsen, Leah
- 251-260 Socioeconomic inequalities in health dynamics: A comparison of Britain and the United States
by McDonough, Peggy & Worts, Diana & Sacker, Amanda
- 261-268 A developmental-contextual approach to understanding mental health and well-being in early adulthood
by Hatch, Stephani L. & Harvey, Samuel B. & Maughan, Barbara
- 269-276 Self injurious behavior among homeless young adults: A social stress analysis
by Tyler, Kimberly & Melander, Lisa & Almazan, Elbert
- 277-292 Examining methodological details of neighbourhood observations and the relationship to health: A literature review
by Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & O'Brien Caughy, Margaret & O'Campo, Patricia & Gearey, Wayne
- 293-304 Spatial analysis of heat-related mortality among the elderly between 1993 and 2004 in Sydney, Australia
by Vaneckova, Pavla & Beggs, Paul J. & Jacobson, Carol R.
- 305-312 'It cuts both ways': A relational approach to access and accommodation for autism
by Davidson, Joyce
- 313-320 Routine checks for HIV in children attending primary health care facilities in South Africa: Attitudes of nurses and child caregivers
by Horwood, Christiane & Voce, Anna & Vermaak, Kerry & Rollins, Nigel & Qazi, Shamim
- 321-328 Changes in the health burden of a national sample of children with asthma
by Baydar, Nazli & Kieckhefer, Gail & Joesch, Jutta M. & Greek, April & Kim, Hyoshin
- 329-336 Right and access to healthcare for undocumented children: Addressing the gap between international conventions and disparate implementations in North America and Europe
by Ruiz-Casares, Mónica & Rousseau, Cécile & Derluyn, Ilse & Watters, Charles & Crépeau, François
2010, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-6 Conflict, violence, and health: Setting a new interdisciplinary agenda
by Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 7-16 War exposure, daily stressors, and mental health in conflict and post-conflict settings: Bridging the divide between trauma-focused and psychosocial frameworks
by Miller, Kenneth E. & Rasmussen, Andrew
- 17-26 Past horrors, present struggles: The role of stigma in the association between war experiences and psychosocial adjustment among former child soldiers in Sierra Leone
by Betancourt, Theresa S. & Agnew-Blais, Jessica & Gilman, Stephen E. & Williams, David R. & Ellis, B. Heidi
- 27-34 Social support, sense of community, collectivistic values, and depressive symptoms in adolescent survivors of the 2004 Beslan terrorist attack
by Moscardino, Ughetta & Scrimin, Sara & Capello, Fabia & Altoè, Gianmarco
- 35-44 Political violence and mental health: A multi-disciplinary review of the literature on Nepal
by Tol, Wietse A. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Jordans, Mark J.D. & Thapa, Suraj B. & Pettigrew, Judith & Upadhaya, Nawaraj & de Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 45-52 Documenting the health consequences of endemic warfare in three pastoralist communities of northern Kenya: A conceptual framework
by Pike, Ivy L. & Straight, Bilinda & Oesterle, Matthias & Hilton, Charles & Lanyasunya, Adamson
- 53-60 Forced migration and child health and mortality in Angola
by Avogo, Winfred Aweyire & Agadjanian, Victor
- 61-70 Targeted doctors, missing patients: Obstetric health services and sectarian conflict in Northern Pakistan
by Varley, Emma
- 71-79 A public health framework to translate risk factors related to political violence and war into multi-level preventive interventions
by De Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 80-88 Promoting health equity in conflict-affected fragile states
by Bornemisza, Olga & Ranson, M. Kent & Poletti, Timothy M. & Sondorp, Egbert
- 89-97 Rebuilding health systems to improve health and promote statebuilding in post-conflict countries: A theoretical framework and research agenda
by Kruk, Margaret E. & Freedman, Lynn P. & Anglin, Grace A. & Waldman, Ronald J.
- 98-105 Human rights, transitional justice, public health and social reconstruction
by Pham, Phuong Ngoc & Vinck, Patrick & Weinstein, Harvey M.
- 106-113 Ruptures, rights, and repair: The political economy of trauma in Haiti
by James, Erica Caple
- 114-120 Reframing governance, security and conflict in the light of HIV/AIDS: A synthesis of findings from the AIDS, security and conflict initiative
by de Waal, Alex
- 121-129 Incarcerated sex workers and HIV prevention in China: Social suffering and social justice countermeasures
by Tucker, Joseph & Ren, Xin & Sapio, Flora
- 130-135 The effects of intimate partner violence on health in young adulthood in the United States
by Fletcher, Jason
- 136-143 Do changes in spousal employment status lead to domestic violence? Insights from a prospective study in Bangalore, India
by Krishnan, Suneeta & Rocca, Corinne H. & Hubbard, Alan E. & Subbiah, Kalyani & Edmeades, Jeffrey & Padian, Nancy S.
- 144-151 The role of the extended family in women's risk of intimate partner violence in Jordan
by Clark, Cari Jo & Silverman, Jay G. & Shahrouri, Manal & Everson-Rose, Susan & Groce, Nora
- 152-159 The risk of return: Intimate partner violence in Northern Uganda's armed conflict
by Annan, Jeannie & Brier, Moriah
- 160-168 Responses to intimate partner violence in Kakuma refugee camp: Refugee interactions with agency systems
by Horn, Rebecca
2009, Volume 69, Issue 12
- 1701-1704 New approaches to researching patient safety
by Iedema, Rick
- 1705-1712 The geography of patient safety: A topical analysis of sterility
by Mesman, Jessica
- 1713-1721 Sociological refigurations of patient safety; ontologies of improvement and 'acting with' quality collaboratives in healthcare
by Zuiderent-Jerak, Teun & Strating, Mathilde & Nieboer, Anna & Bal, Roland
- 1722-1731 Constructing and re-constructing narratives of patient safety
by Waring, Justin J.
- 1732-1740 Intergroup communication between hospital doctors: Implications for quality of patient care
by Hewett, David G. & Watson, Bernadette M. & Gallois, Cindy & Ward, Michael & Leggett, Barbara A.
- 1741-1749 A problem shared...? Teamwork, autonomy and error in assisted conception
by Kerr, Anne
- 1750-1756 Affect is central to patient safety: The horror stories of young anaesthetists
by Iedema, Rick & Jorm, Christine & Lum, Martin
- 1757-1766 Uptake of a team briefing in the operating theatre: A Burkean dramatistic analysis
by Whyte, Sarah & Cartmill, Carrie & Gardezi, Fauzia & Reznick, Richard & Orser, Beverley A. & Doran, Diane & Lingard, Lorelei
- 1767-1776 Studying large-scale programmes to improve patient safety in whole care systems: Challenges for research
by Benn, Jonathan & Burnett, Susan & Parand, Anam & Pinto, Anna & Iskander, Sandra & Vincent, Charles
- 1777-1779 Social scientists and patient safety: Critics or contributors?
by Vincent, Charles
- 1780-1783 The contribution of new social science research to patient safety
by Ovretveit, John
- 1784-1790 Clinical trials as treatment option: Bioethics and health care disparities in substance dependency
by Timmermans, Stefan & McKay, Tara
- 1791-1792 Therapeutic misconception and the limits of ethnography. A commentary on Timmermans and McKay
by Lidz, Charles W.
- 1793-1796 The bioethical misconception: A response to Lidz
by McKay, Tara & Timmermans, Stefan
- 1797-1804 Healthy partnerships, healthy citizens? An international review of partnerships in health and social care and patient/user outcomes
by Rummery, Kirstein
- 1805-1812 Exploring patient involvement in healthcare decision making across different education and functional health literacy groups
by Smith, Sian K. & Dixon, Ann & Trevena, Lyndal & Nutbeam, Don & McCaffery, Kirsten J.
- 1813-1818 How are organisational climate models and patient satisfaction related? A competing value framework approach
by Ancarani, Alessandro & Di Mauro, Carmela & Giammanco, Maria Daniela
- 1819-1826 Experts and 'knowledge that counts': A study into the world of brain cancer diagnosis
by Gross, Sky
- 1827-1833 Reworking therapeutic landscapes: The spatiality of an 'alternative' self-help group
by Laws, Jennifer
- 1834-1844 What happens to people before and after disability? Focusing effects, lead effects, and adaptation in different areas of life
by Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 1845-1853 Socio-geographic mobility and health status: A longitudinal analysis using the National Population Health Survey of Canada
by Curtis, Sarah & Setia, Maninder S. & Quesnel-Vallee, Amelie
2009, Volume 69, Issue 11
- 1561-1573 A meta-synthesis of pregnant women's decision-making processes with regard to antenatal screening for Down syndrome
by Reid, Bernie & Sinclair, Marlene & Barr, Owen & Dobbs, Frank & Crealey, Grainne
- 1574-1576 Reflecting on a meta-synthesis of qualitative papers concerned with pregnant women's decision-making about prenatal screening for Down syndrome: AÂ commentary on Reid, Sinclair, Barr, Dobbs and Crealey
by Heyman, Bob
- 1577-1579 Reflections on the methodological challenges of undertaking a meta-synthesis: AÂ response to Heyman
by Reid, Bernie & Sinclair, Marlene & Barr, Owen & Dobbs, Frank & Crealey, Grainne
- 1580-1581 Racial and socioeconomic disparities in arterial stiffness and intima media thickness among adolescents. A commentary on Thurston and Matthews (68(5), 2009, 807-813)
by Collins II, Ronnie Thomas & Alpert, Bruce S.
- 1582-1583 The importance of considering both racial and socioeconomic disparities: A response to Collins and Alpert
by Thurston, Rebecca C. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 1584-1591 Misspecification of the effect of race in fixed effects models of health inequalities
by Scribner, Richard Allen & Theall, Katherine P. & Simonsen, Neal R. & Mason, Karen E. & Yu, Qingzhao
- 1592-1607 The estimation of mortality for ethnic groups at local scale within the United Kingdom
by Rees, Philip Howell & Wohland, Pia N. & Norman, Paul D.
- 1608-1615 Marital status, gender, and depression: Analysis of the baseline survey of the Korean Longitudinal Study of Ageing (KLoSA)
by Jang, Soong-Nang & Kawachi, Ichiro & Chang, Jiyeun & Boo, Kachung & Shin, Hyun-Gu & Lee, Hyejung & Cho, Sung-il
- 1616-1624 Job authority and health: Unraveling the competing suppression and explanatory influences
by Schieman, Scott & Reid, Sarah
- 1625-1633 Immigrant obesity and unhealthy assimilation: Alternative estimates of convergence or divergence, 1995-2005
by Park, Julie & Myers, Dowell & Kao, Dennis & Min, SeongHee
- 1634-1642 Can regional resource shares be based only on prevalence data? An empirical investigation of the proportionality assumption
by Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen & Carr-Hill, Roy & Dixon, Paul & Law, Malcom & Rice, Nigel & Sutton, Matthew
- 1643-1650 Are private physicians more likely to veto generic substitution of prescribed pharmaceuticals?
by Granlund, David
- 1651-1658 Are rural health professionals also social entrepreneurs?
by Farmer, Jane & Kilpatrick, Sue
- 1659-1666 Hastening death in end-of-life care: A survey of doctors
by Seale, Clive
- 1667-1673 Assets for policy making in health promotion: Overcoming political barriers inhibiting women in difficult life situations to access sport facilities
by Rütten, Alfred & Abu-Omar, Karim & Frahsa, Annika & Morgan, Antony
- 1674-1680 Tuberculosis and syndemics: Implications for Pacific health in New Zealand
by Littleton, Judith & Park, Julie
- 1681-1690 Pediatric therapeutics and medicine administration in resource-poor settings: A review of barriers and an agenda for interdisciplinary approaches to improving outcomes
by Craig, Sienna R. & Adams, Lisa V. & Spielberg, Stephen P. & Campbell, Benjamin
- 1691-1699 Is my mum going to hear this? Methodological and ethical challenges in qualitative health research with young people
by Duncan, Rony E. & Drew, Sarah E. & Hodgson, Jan & Sawyer, Susan M.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 10
- 1417-1425 Socioeconomic inequalities in physical and mental functioning of British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants: Role of job demand, control, and work hours
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 1426-1428 A critical reflection on the role of social democracy in reducing socioeconomic inequalities in health: A commentary on Sekine, Chandola, Martikainen, Marmot and Kagamimori
by Bosma, Hans
- 1429-1431 What we learn from British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants study and the role of social democracy in reducing socioeconomic inequalities in health: A response to Bosma
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 1432-1438 Age, cohort and period effects in the prevalence of sleep disturbances among older people: The impact of economic downturn
by Dregan, Alex & Armstrong, David
- 1439-1448 Do birth cohorts matter? Age-period-cohort analyses of the obesity epidemic in the United States
by Reither, Eric N. & Hauser, Robert M. & Yang, Yang
- 1449-1451 Recent advances in age-period-cohort analysis. A commentary on Dregan and Armstrong, and on Reither, Hauser and Yang
by Harding, David J.
- 1452-1459 The role of health insurance in explaining immigrant versus non-immigrant disparities in access to health care: Comparing the United States to Canada
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Zuberi, Daniyal & Nguyen, Quynh C.
- 1460-1467 Can subjective and objective socioeconomic status explain minority health disparities in Israel?
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora
- 1468-1475 The individual and contextual pathways between oral health and income inequality in Brazilian adolescents and adults
by Celeste, Roger Keller & Nadanovsky, Paulo & Ponce de Leon, Antonio & Fritzell, Johan
- 1476-1483 Ethnic density effects on maternal and infant health in the Millennium Cohort Study
by Pickett, Kate E. & Shaw, Richard J. & Atkin, Karl & Kiernan, Kathleen E. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 1484-1492 Mortality effects of average education in current and earlier municipality ofÂ residence among internal migrants, net of their own education
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 1493-1500 Running to the Store? The relationship between neighborhood environments and the risk of obesity
by Zick, Cathleen D. & Smith, Ken R. & Fan, Jessie X. & Brown, Barbara B. & Yamada, Ikuho & Kowaleski-Jones, Lori
- 1501-1505 Parental education and children's online health information seeking: Beyond the digital divide debate
by Zhao, Shanyang
- 1506-1514 Dynamics of adolescent friendship networks and smoking behavior: Social network analyses in six European countries
by Mercken, Liesbeth & Snijders, Tom A.B. & Steglich, Christian & de Vries, Hein
- 1515-1522 Gender and the associated impairments of childhood sexual abuse: A national study of Icelandic youth
by Gault-Sherman, Martha & Silver, Eric & Sigfúsdóttir, Inga Dóra
- 1523-1530 Performance management in healthcare: Performance indicator development, task uncertainty, and types of performance indicators
by van der Geer, Eric & van Tuijl, Harrie F.J.M. & Rutte, Christel G.
- 1531-1538 Policy-related determinants of child nutritional status in China: The effect of only-child status and access to healthcare
by Bredenkamp, Caryn
- 1539-1546 Evidence-based policy-making: The implications of globally-applicable research for context-specific problem-solving in developing countries
by Behague, Dominique & Tawiah, Charlotte & Rosato, Mikey & Some, Télésphore & Morrison, Joanna
- 1547-1555 Degrees of disclosure: A study of women's covert use of the diaphragm in an HIV prevention trial in sub-Saharan Africa
by Sahin-Hodoglugil, Nuriye Nalan & van der Straten, Ariane & Cheng, Helen & Montgomery, Elizabeth T. & Kacanek, Deborah & Mtetwa, Sibongile & Morar, Neetha & Munyoro, Jane & Padian, Nancy
- 1556-1560 'Wellbeing': A collateral casualty of modernity?
by Carlisle, Sandra & Henderson, Gregor & Hanlon, Phil W.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 9
- 1287-1290 On the prospects for a blame-free medical culture
by Collins, Molly E. & Block, Susan D. & Arnold, Robert M. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1291-1293 An end to the witch hunts: Responding to the defenders of blame and shame. AÂ commentary on Collins, Block, Arnold and Christakis
by Woodward, Helen I. & Lemer, Claire & Wu, Albert W.
- 1294-1295 Responsibility and reflection: Understanding our responses to perceived errors. A response to Woodward, Lemer and Wu
by Collins, Molly E. & Block, Susan D. & Arnold, Robert M. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1296-1305 Disentangling the relative influence of built and socioeconomic environments on walking: The contribution of areas homogenous along exposures of interest
by Riva, Mylene & Gauvin, Lise & Apparicio, Philippe & Brodeur, Jean-Marc
- 1306-1310 Neighbourhoods in eco-epidemiologic research: Delimiting personal exposure areas. A response to Riva, Gauvin, Apparicio and Brodeur
by Chaix, Basile & Merlo, Juan & Evans, David & Leal, Cinira & Havard, Sabrina
- 1311-1313 From place-based to people-based exposure measures
by Kwan, Mei-Po
- 1314-1322 City structure, obesity, and environmental justice: An integrated analysis of physical and social barriers to walkable streets and park access
by Cutts, Bethany B. & Darby, Kate J. & Boone, Christopher G. & Brewis, Alexandra
- 1323-1332 Social capital, gender and self-rated health. Evidence from the Moscow Health Survey 2004
by Ferlander, Sara & Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 1333-1342 Rising U.S. income inequality, gender and individual self-rated health, 1972-2004
by Zheng, Hui
- 1343-1350 The relative contribution of income inequality and imprisonment to the variation in homicide rates among Developed (OECD), South and Central American countries
by Nadanovsky, Paulo & Cunha-Cruz, Joana
- 1351-1359 Willingness to pay for health insurance: An analysis of the potential market for new low-cost health insurance products in Namibia
by Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & Asfaw, Abay & van der Gaag, Jacques
- 1360-1367 Inequality in individual mortality and economic conditions earlier in life
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Lopez, Marta
- 1368-1376 Why doctors choose small towns: A developmental model of rural physician recruitment and retention
by Hancock, Christine & Steinbach, Alan & Nesbitt, Thomas S. & Adler, Shelley R. & Auerswald, Colette L.
- 1377-1386 A model of mother-child adjustment in Arab Muslim immigrants to the US
by Aroian, Karen & Hough, Edythe S. & Templin, Thomas N. & Kulwicki, Anahid & Ramaswamy, Vidya & Katz, Anne
- 1387-1394 Anger, PTSD, and the nuclear family: A study of Cambodian refugees
by Hinton, Devon E. & Rasmussen, Andrew & Nou, Leakhena & Pollack, Mark H. & Good, Mary-Jo
- 1395-1401 A "usual occurrence:" Stress incontinence among reproductive aged women in Sri Lanka
by Hemachandra, Nilmini N. & Rajapaksa, Lalini C. & Manderson, Lenore
- 1402-1408 Governing childhood obesity: Framing regulation of fast food advertising in the Australian print media
by Henderson, Julie & Coveney, John & Ward, Paul & Taylor, Anne
- 1409-1415 Involuntary autonomy: Patients' perceptions of physicians, conventional medicines and risks in the management of atopic dermatitis
by Noerreslet, Mikkel & Jemec, Gregor B.E. & Traulsen, Janine M.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 8
- 1137-1143 Negotiating 'depression' in primary care: A qualitative study
by McPherson, Susan & Armstrong, David
- 1144-1146 When diagnosis fails: A commentary on McPherson & Armstrong
by Dowrick, Christopher
- 1147-1154 Demographic data in asthma clinical trials: A systematic review with implications for generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities
by Frampton, Geoff K. & Shepherd, Jonathan & Dorne, Jean-Lou C.M.
- 1155-1156 Considering race/ethnicity and socio-economic status in randomized controlled trials. A commentary on Frampton et al.'s systematic review generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities in asthma research
by Kreatsoulas, Catherine & Anand, Sonia
- 1157-1166 Empowering sex workers in India to reduce vulnerability to HIV and sexually transmitted diseases
by Swendeman, Dallas & Basu, Ishika & Das, Sankari & Jana, Smarajit & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 1167-1176 Alcohol and transactional sex: How risky is the mix?
by Norris, Alison H. & Kitali, Amani J. & Worby, Eric
- 1177-1185 Public-sector ART in the Free State Province, South Africa: Community support as an important determinant of outcome
by Wouters, Edwin & Van Damme, Wim & Van Loon, Francis & van Rensburg, Dingie & Meulemans, Herman
- 1186-1193 Cumulative risk and AIDS-orphanhood: Interactions of stigma, bullying and poverty on child mental health in South Africa
by Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark
- 1194-1203 Mental health, substance use and suicidal behaviour among young indigenous people in the Arctic: A systematic review
by Lehti, Venla & Niemelä, Solja & Hoven, Christina & Mandell, Donald & Sourander, Andre
- 1204-1210 Coming 'down here': Young people's reflections on becoming entrenched in a local drug scene
by Fast, Danya & Small, Will & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 1211-1219 Postnatal mental distress in relation to the sociocultural practices of childbirth: An exploratory qualitative study from Ethiopia
by Hanlon, Charlotte & Whitley, Rob & Wondimagegn, Dawit & Alem, Atalay & Prince, Martin
- 1220-1227 The etiquette of endometriosis: Stigmatisation, menstrual concealment and the diagnostic delay
by Seear, Kate
- 1228-1235 "Someone's rooting for you": Continuity, advocacy and street-level bureaucracy in UK maternal healthcare
by Finlay, Susanna & Sandall, Jane
- 1236-1245 Does government provision of healthcare explain the relationship between income inequality and low birthweight?
by Lhila, Aparna
- 1246-1251 Crediting his critics' concerns: Remaking John Snow's map of Broad Street cholera, 1854
by Koch, Tom & Denike, Kenneth
- 1252-1260 Do ethnic and socio-economic inequalities in mortality vary by region in New Zealand? An application of hierarchical Bayesian modelling
by Richardson, Ken & Blakely, Tony & Young, Jim & Graham, Patrick & Tobias, Martin
- 1261-1271 Contextual effects on health care access among immigrants: Lessons from three ethnic communities in Hawaii
by Choi, Jin Young
- 1272-1280 The relative contributions of hostility and depressive symptoms to the income gradient in hospital-based incidence of ischaemic heart disease: 12-Year follow-up findings from the GLOBE study
by Klabbers, Gonnie & Bosma, Hans & Van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I. & Van Eijk, Jacques T. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1281-1286 Father absence due to migration and child illness in rural Mexico
by Schmeer, Kammi
2009, Volume 69, Issue 7
- 983-991 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with Hispanic populations in the United States
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 992-995 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with hispanic populations in the united states. A commentary on Thomson and Hoffman-Goetz
by Carter-Pokras, Olivia & Bethune, Lisa
- 996-998 The challenge of acculturation measures: What are we missing? A commentary on Thomson & Hoffman-Goetz
by Alegria, Margarita
- 999-1001 Defining and measuring acculturation in public health: A response to Carter-Pokras and Bethune
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 1002-1004 Gender and health inequities: A comment on the Final Report of the WHO Commission on the Social Determinants of Health
by Bates, Lisa Michelle & Hankivsky, Olena & Springer, Kristen W.
- 1005-1005 A response to Bates, Hankivsky and Springer on the WHO Knowledge Network onÂ Women and Gender Equity Commission on Social Determinants of Health
by Sen, Gita & Östlin, Piroska
- 1006-1009 Health inequalities: Gendered puzzles and conundrums. The 10th Annual Sol Levine Lecture on Society and Health, October 6, 2008
by Sen, Gita
- 1010-1017 "We only did it because he asked us": Gendered accounts of participation in a population genetic data collection
by Haddow, Gillian
- 1018-1024 The politics of 'The Natural Family' in Israel: State policy and kinship ideologies
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna
- 1025-1031 Adult smokers' perception of the role of religion and religious leadership on smoking and association with quitting: A comparison between Thai Buddhists and Malaysian Muslims
by Yong, Hua-Hie & Hamann, Stephen L. & Borland, Ron & Fong, Geoffrey T. & Omar, Maizurah
- 1032-1039 The role of shame in posttraumatic stress disorder: A proposal for a socio-emotional model for DSM-V
by Budden, Ashwin
- 1040-1048 Use of khat and posttraumatic stress disorder as risk factors for psychotic symptoms: AÂ study of Somali combatants
by Odenwald, Michael & Hinkel, Harald & Schauer, Elisabeth & Schauer, Maggie & Elbert, Thomas & Neuner, Frank & Rockstroh, Brigitte
- 1049-1055 The performative function of expectations in translating treatment to prevention: The case of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP
by Rosengarten, Marsha & Michael, Mike
- 1056-1062 'A bed in the middle of nowhere': Parents' meanings of place of death for adults with cystic fibrosis
by Lowton, Karen
- 1063-1071 Health professionals' enactment of their accountability obligations: Doing the best they can
by Freeman, Andrew R. & McWilliam, Carol L. & MacKinnon, Joyce R. & DeLuca, Sandra & Rappolt, Susan G.
- 1072-1079 Using non-linear decomposition to explain the discriminatory effects of male-female differentials in access to care: A cardiac rehabilitation case study
by Stewart Williams, Jennifer Anne
- 1080-1084 Stigmatization of alcohol and other drug users by primary care providers in Southeast Brazil
by Ronzani, Telmo Mota & Higgins-Biddle, John & Furtado, Erikson F.
- 1085-1090 Copycat effects after media reports on suicide: A population-based ecologic study
by Niederkrotenthaler, Thomas & Till, Benedikt & Kapusta, Nestor D. & Voracek, Martin & Dervic, Kanita & Sonneck, Gernot
- 1091-1098 Communicating population health: Print news media coverage of type 2 diabetes
by Gollust, Sarah E. & Lantz, Paula M.
- 1099-1106 The income-climate trap of health development: A comparative analysis of African and Non-African countries
by Tang, Kam Ki & Petrie, Dennis & Rao, D.S. Prasada
- 1107-1115 Do patient characteristics, disease, or treatment explain social inequality in survival from colorectal cancer?
by Frederiksen, Birgitte Lidegaard & Osler, Merete & Harling, Henrik & Ladelund, Steen & Jørgensen, Torben
- 1116-1126 The extent and distribution of inequalities in childhood mortality by cause of death according to parental socioeconomic positions: A birth cohort study in South Korea
by Kim, Jongoh & Son, Mia & Kawachi, Ichiro & Oh, Juhwan
- 1127-1134 The design and validation of a spatial microsimulation model of obesogenic environments for children in Leeds, UK: SimObesity
by Edwards, Kimberley L. & Clarke, Graham P.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 6
- 803-806 Women, mothers and HIV care in resource-poor settings
by Desclaux, Alice & Msellati, Philippe & Walentowitz, Saskia
- 807-812 Improving mothers' access to PMTCT programs in West Africa: A public health perspective
by Msellati, Philippe
- 813-820 The reproductive needs and rights of people living with HIV in Argentina: Health service users' and providers' perspectives
by Gogna, Mónica Laura & Pecheny, Mario M. & Ibarlucía, Inés & Manzelli, Hernán & López, Sara Barrón
- 821-829 Counseling and choosing between infant-feeding options: Overall limits and local interpretations by health care providers and women living with HIV in resource-poor countries (Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon)
by Desclaux, Alice & Alfieri, Chiara
- 830-837 Couples, PMTCT programs and infant feeding decision-making in Ivory Coast
by Tijou Traoré, Annick & Querre, Madina & Brou, Hermann & Leroy, Valériane & Desclaux, Alice & Desgrées-du-Loû, Annabel
- 838-845 Preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Vietnam and Indonesia: Diverging care dynamics
by Hardon, Anita Petra & Oosterhoff, Pauline & Imelda, Johanna D. & Anh, Nguyen Thu & Hidayana, Irwan
- 846-853 Gender and access to HIV testing and antiretroviral treatments in Thailand: Why do women have more and earlier access?
by Le Coeur, Sophie & Collins, Intira J. & Pannetier, Julie & Lelièvre, Éva
- 854-861 Gender asymmetry in healthcare-facility attendance of people living with HIV/AIDS in Burkina Faso
by Bila, Blandine & Egrot, Marc
- 862-868 HIV and AIDS, stigma and AIDS support groups: Perspectives from women living with HIV and AIDS in central Thailand
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Haritavorn, Niphattra & Kiatying-Angsulee, Niyada
- 869-876 Care and secrecy: Being a mother of children living with HIV in Burkina Faso
by Hejoaka, Fabienne
- 877-884 Gender and HIV testing in Burkina Faso: An exploratory study
by Obermeyer, Carla Makhlouf & Sankara, Augustin & Bastien, Vincent & Parsons, Michelle
- 885-891 HIV disclosure and unsafe sex among HIV-infected women in Cameroon: Results from the ANRS-EVAL study
by Loubiere, Sandrine & Peretti-Watel, Patrick & Boyer, Sylvie & Blanche, Jérôme & Abega, Séverin-Cécile & Spire, Bruno
- 892-899 From prenatal HIV testing of the mother to prevention of sexual HIV transmission within the couple
by Desgrées-du-Loû, Annabel & Brou, Hermann & Traore, Annick Tijou & Djohan, Gerard & Becquet, Renaud & Leroy, Valeriane
- 900-907 Expressing yourself: A feminist analysis of talk around expressing breast milk
by Johnson, Sally & Williamson, Iain & Lyttle, Steven & Leeming, Dawn
- 908-919 Asymmetrical knowledge claims in general practice consultations with frequently attending patients: Limitations and opportunities for patient participation
by Ariss, Steven M.
- 920-925 Patient involvement in health research: A contribution to a systematic review on the effectiveness of treatments for degenerative ataxias
by Serrano-Aguilar, P. & Trujillo-Martín, M.M. & Ramos-Goñi, J.M. & Mahtani-Chugani, V. & Perestelo-Pérez, L. & Posada-de la Paz, M.
- 926-933 Women's autonomy and pregnancy care in rural India: A contextual analysis
by Mistry, Ritesh & Galal, Osman & Lu, Michael
- 934-946 Migration to western industrialised countries and perinatal health: A systematic review
by Gagnon, A.J. & Zimbeck, M. & Zeitlin, J.
- 947-954 Predicting emotional well-being following traumatic brain injury: A test of mediated and moderated models
by Kendall, Elizabeth & Terry, Deborah
- 955-963 The relationship between household income and childhood respiratory health in the United Kingdom
by Violato, Mara & Petrou, Stavros & Gray, Ron
- 964-970 Urban built environments and trajectories of mobility disability: Findings from a national sample of community-dwelling American adults (1986-2001)
by Clarke, Philippa & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Lantz, Paula
- 971-981 Double burden of deprivation and high concentrations of ambient air pollution at the neighbourhood scale in Montreal, Canada
by Crouse, Dan L. & Ross, Nancy A. & Goldberg, Mark S.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 5
- 655-661 From pleasure to pain: The role of the MPQ in the language of phantom limb pain
by Crawford, Cassandra S.
- 662-665 Indescribable pain in literature: A commentary on Crawford
by Mowat, Ryan
- 666-669 The inarticulacy/indescribability of pain: A rejoinder to Mowat
by Crawford, Cassandra S.
- 670-677 Explosive anger as a response to human rights violations in post-conflict Timor-Leste
by Silove, Derrick & Brooks, Robert & Bateman Steel, Catherine Robina & Steel, Zachary & Hewage, Kalhari & Rodger, James & Soosay, Ian
- 678-681 Experimental emotional disclosure in women undergoing infertility treatment: Are drop outs better off?
by Panagopoulou, Efharis & Montgomery, Anthony & Tarlatzis, Basil
- 682-690 Improving poor women's access to maternity care: Findings from a primary care intervention in Burkina Faso
by Brazier, Ellen & Andrzejewski, Catherine & Perkins, Margaret E. & Themmen, Ellen M. & Knight, Rodney J. & Bassane, Brahima
- 691-697 Community influences on intimate partner violence in India: Women's education, attitudes towards mistreatment and standards of living
by Boyle, Michael H. & Georgiades, Katholiki & Cullen, John & Racine, Yvonne
- 698-706 The inequalities of medical pluralism: Hierarchies of health, the politics of tradition and the economies of care in Indian oncology
by Broom, Alex & Doron, Assa & Tovey, Philip
- 707-715 Interprofessional collaboration within Canadian integrative healthcare clinics: Key components
by Gaboury, Isabelle & Bujold, Mathieu & Boon, Heather & Moher, David
- 716-721 Theoretical injections: On the therapeutic aesthetics of medical spaces
by Evans, Joshua D. & Crooks, Valorie A. & Kingsbury, Paul T.
- 722-728 The good, the bad, and the severely mentally ill: Official and informal labels as organizational resources in community mental health services
by Dobransky, Kerry
- 729-737 Demanding patient or demanding encounter?: A case study of a cancer clinic
by Stacey, Clare Louise & Henderson, Stuart & MacArthur, Kelly R. & Dohan, Daniel
- 738-746 When things fall apart: Gender and suicide across the life-course
by Shiner, Michael & Scourfield, Jonathan & Fincham, Ben & Langer, Susanne