Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
2012, Volume 74, Issue 9
- 1353-1361 The health implications of civic association in Russia
by Javeline, Debra & Brooks, Elizabeth
- 1362-1367 Network social capital, social participation, and physical inactivity in an urban adult population
by Legh-Jones, Hannah & Moore, Spencer
- 1368-1374 ‘On the street where you live’: Neighbourhood deprivation and quality of life among community-dwelling older people in Edinburgh, Scotland
by Mõttus, René & Gale, Catharine R. & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J.
- 1375-1384 Associations between perceived neighborhood environmental attributes and adults’ sedentary behavior: Findings from the USA, Australia and Belgium
by Van Dyck, Delfien & Cerin, Ester & Conway, Terry L. & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Owen, Neville & Kerr, Jacqueline & Cardon, Greet & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Sallis, James F.
- 1385-1393 Does SES explain more of the black/white health gap than we thought? Revisiting our approach toward understanding racial disparities in health
by Do, D. Phuong & Frank, Reanne & Finch, Brian Karl
- 1394-1401 Individual- and area-level unemployment influence smoking cessation among African Americans participating in a randomized clinical trial
by Kendzor, Darla E. & Reitzel, Lorraine R. & Mazas, Carlos A. & Cofta-Woerpel, Ludmila M. & Cao, Yumei & Ji, Lingyun & Costello, Tracy J. & Vidrine, Jennifer Irvin & Businelle, Michael S. & Li, Yisheng & Castro, Yessenia & Ahluwalia, Jasjit S. & Cinciripini, Paul M. & Wetter, David W.
- 1402-1406 Does the association between smoking and mortality differ by educational level?
by Charafeddine, Rana & Van Oyen, Herman & Demarest, Stefaan
- 1407-1417 Social integration in friendship networks: The synergy of network structure and peer influence in relation to cigarette smoking among high risk adolescents
by Lakon, Cynthia M. & Valente, Thomas W.
- 1418-1425 Tracing the origins of successful aging: The role of childhood conditions and social inequality in explaining later life health
by Brandt, Martina & Deindl, Christian & Hank, Karsten
- 1426-1434 Fiscal decentralisation and infant mortality rate: The Colombian case
by Soto, Victoria Eugenia & Farfan, Maria Isabel & Lorant, Vincent
- 1435-1443 Risk and protective factors for depression symptoms among children affected by HIV/AIDS in rural China: A structural equation modeling analysis
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Barnett, Douglas & Zhao, Guoxiang & Zhao, Junfeng & Stanton, Bonita
- 1444-1451 Longitudinal effects of health-harming and health-protective behaviors within adolescent romantic dyads
by Aalsma, Matthew C. & Carpentier, Melissa Y. & Azzouz, Faouzi & Fortenberry, J. Dennis
- 1452-1460 Adolescent expectations of early death predict young adult socioeconomic status
by Nguyen, Quynh C. & Hussey, Jon M. & Halpern, Carolyn T. & Villaveces, Andres & Marshall, Stephen W. & Siddiqi, Arjumand & Poole, Charles
- 1461-1468 Does attachment insecurity affect the outcomes of a multidisciplinary pain management program? The association between attachment insecurity, pain, disability, distress, and the use of opioids
by Andersen, Tonny Elmose
2012, Volume 74, Issue 8
- 1146-1154 Subjective social status and psychosocial and metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease among African Americans in the Jackson Heart Study
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Sims, Mario & Taylor, Herman A. & Williams, David R. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1155-1162 Beyond the barriers: Racial discrimination and use of complementary and alternative medicine among Black Americans
by Shippee, Tetyana Pylypiv & Schafer, Markus H. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 1163-1171 Internal displacement and health among the Palestinian minority in Israel
by Daoud, Nihaya & Shankardass, Ketan & O’Campo, Patricia & Anderson, Kim & Agbaria, Ayman K.
- 1172-1179 Gender-based violence and socioeconomic inequalities: Does living in more deprived neighbourhoods increase women’s risk of intimate partner violence?
by Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Heise, Lori & Zimmerman, Cathy & Gouveia, Nelson & Watts, Charlotte
- 1180-1192 A photovoice documentation of the role of neighborhood physical and social environments in older adults’ physical activity in two metropolitan areas in North America
by Mahmood, Atiya & Chaudhury, Habib & Michael, Yvonne L. & Campo, Michael & Hay, Kara & Sarte, Ann
- 1193-1203 The role of local food availability in explaining obesity risk among young school-aged children
by Lee, Helen
- 1204-1212 Do neighborhoods affect individual mortality? A systematic review and meta-analysis of multilevel studies
by Meijer, Mathias & Röhl, Jeannette & Bloomfield, Kim & Grittner, Ulrike
- 1213-1223 Mortality differences between the foreign-born and locally-born population in France (2004–2007)
by Boulogne, Roxane & Jougla, Eric & Breem, Yves & Kunst, Anton E. & Rey, Grégoire
- 1224-1231 Are recessions really good for your health? Evidence from Canada
by Ariizumi, Hideki & Schirle, Tammy
- 1232-1239 Spatial modeling of households’ knowledge about arsenic pollution in Bangladesh
by Sarker, M. Mizanur Rahman
- 1240-1250 Neighborhood drug markets: A risk environment for bacterial sexually transmitted infections among urban youth
by Jennings, Jacky M. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Salhi, Rama A. & Furr-Holden, C. Debra M. & Ellen, Jonathan M.
- 1251-1260 Addiction, agency, and the politics of self-control: Doing harm reduction in a heroin users’ group
by Gowan, Teresa & Whetstone, Sarah & Andic, Tanja
- 1261-1268 Adapting the minority stress model: Associations between gender non-conformity stigma, HIV-related stigma and depression among men who have sex with men in South India
by Logie, Carmen H. & Newman, Peter A. & Chakrapani, Venkatesan & Shunmugam, Murali
- 1269-1273 Graphic warning labels on plain cigarette packs: Will they make a difference to adolescents?
by McCool, Judith & Webb, Lisa & Cameron, Linda D. & Hoek, Janet
- 1274-1281 Frames and counter-frames giving meaning to dementia: A framing analysis of media content
by Van Gorp, Baldwin & Vercruysse, Tom
- 1282-1287 Medical end-of-life decisions: Does its use differ in vulnerable patient groups? A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Rietjens, Judith A.C. & Deschepper, Reginald & Pasman, Roeline & Deliens, Luc
- 1288-1296 Community mobilization to reduce postpartum hemorrhage in home births in northern Nigeria
by Prata, Ndola & Ejembi, Clara & Fraser, Ashley & Shittu, Oladapo & Minkler, Meredith
- 1297-1304 Knowledge mobilisation in healthcare: A critical review of health sector and generic management literature
by Ferlie, Ewan & Crilly, Tessa & Jashapara, Ashok & Peckham, Anna
- 1305-1309 Assessing public attitudes on the retention and use of residual newborn screening blood samples: A focus group study
by Rothwell, Erin & Anderson, Rebecca & Goldenberg, Aaron & Lewis, Michelle H. & Stark, Louisa & Burbank, Matthew & Wong, Bob & Botkin, Jeffrey R.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 7
- 949-957 Psychological pathways linking social support to health outcomes: A visit with the “ghosts” of research past, present, and future
by Uchino, Bert N. & Bowen, Kimberly & Carlisle, McKenzie & Birmingham, Wendy
- 958-965 Stress and health-related well-being among mothers with a low birth weight infant: The role of sleep
by Lee, Shih-Yu & Hsu, Hui-Chin
- 966-972 To have or not to have another child: Life cycle, health and cost considerations of Ghanaian women
by Kodzi, Ivy A. & Johnson, David R. & Casterline, John B.
- 973-981 The impact of birthplace on women’s birth experiences and perceptions of care
by Overgaard, Charlotte & Fenger-Grøn, Morten & Sandall, Jane
- 982-988 Decreased births among black female adolescents following school desegregation
by Liu, Sze Yan & Linkletter, Crystal D. & Loucks, Eric B. & Glymour, M. Maria & Buka, Stephen L.
- 989-996 Encouraging maternal health service utilization: An evaluation of the Bangladesh voucher program
by Nguyen, Ha T.H. & Hatt, Laurel & Islam, Mursaleena & Sloan, Nancy L. & Chowdhury, Jamil & Schmidt, Jean-Olivier & Hossain, Atia & Wang, Hong
- 997-1004 Interpretations of informed choice in antenatal screening: A cross-cultural, Q-methodology study
by Ahmed, Shenaz & Bryant, Louise D. & Tizro, Zahra & Shickle, Darren
- 1005-1012 “Because he has bought for her, he wants to sleep with her”: Alcohol as a currency for sexual exchange in South African drinking venues
by Watt, Melissa H. & Aunon, Frances M. & Skinner, Donald & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Pieterse, Desiree
- 1013-1020 “I'm too used to it”: A longitudinal qualitative study of third year female medical students' experiences of gendered encounters in medical education
by Babaria, Palav & Abedin, Sakena & Berg, David & Nunez-Smith, Marcella
- 1021-1028 Disciplined doctors: The electronic medical record and physicians' changing relationship to medical knowledge
by Reich, Adam
- 1029-1036 Medical pluralism and medical marginality: Bone doctors and the selective legitimation of therapeutic expertise in India
by Lambert, Helen
- 1037-1044 The ambivalence of stigma and the double-edged sword of HIV/AIDS intervention in Burkina Faso
by Gausset, Quentin & Mogensen, Hanne Overgaard & Yameogo, Wambi Maurice Evariste & Berthé, Abdramane & Konaté, Blahima
- 1045-1052 ‘Everybody is moving on’: Infertility, relationality and the aesthetics of family among British-Pakistani Muslims
by Hampshire, Katherine R. & Blell, Mwenza T. & Simpson, Bob
- 1053-1061 Is parental socio-economic status related to the initiation of substance abuse by young people in an English city? An event history analysis
by Sutherland, Alex
- 1062-1072 Effects of length of stay and language proficiency on health care experiences among Immigrants in Canada and the United States
by Lebrun, Lydie A.
- 1073-1081 Obesity, SES, and economic development: A test of the reversal hypothesis
by Pampel, Fred C. & Denney, Justin T. & Krueger, Patrick M.
- 1082-1090 Place matters: Neighborhood deprivation and cardiometabolic risk factors in the Diabetes Study of Northern California (DISTANCE)
by Laraia, Barbara A. & Karter, Andrew J. & Warton, E. Margaret & Schillinger, Dean & Moffet, Howard H. & Adler, Nancy
- 1091-1098 Income inequality and self-rated health in Stockholm, Sweden: A test of the ‘income inequality hypothesis’ on two levels of aggregation
by Rostila, Mikael & Kölegård, Maria L. & Fritzell, Johan
- 1099-1106 Multilevel analysis of income, income inequalities and health in Spain
by Karlsdotter, Kristina & Martín Martín, José J. & López del Amo González, M. Puerto
- 1107-1116 Marital dissolution and self-rated health: Age trajectories and birth cohort variations
by Liu, Hui
- 1117-1124 Comparing self-rated health and self-assessed change in health in a longitudinal survey: Which is more valid?
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 1125-1129 Aspirin use and cardiovascular events in social networks
by Strully, Kate W. & Fowler, James H. & Murabito, Joanne M. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Levy, Daniel & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1130-1138 Project-induced displacement, secondary stressors, and health
by Cao, Yue & Hwang, Sean-Shong & Xi, Juan
2012, Volume 74, Issue 6
- 812-821 How is health-related “deservingness” reckoned? Perspectives from unauthorized im/migrants in Tel Aviv
by Willen, Sarah S.
- 822-829 Beyond welfare reform: Reframing undocumented immigrants’ entitlement to health care in the United States, a critical review
by Viladrich, Anahí
- 830-838 “Over-Foreignization” or “Unused Potential”? A critical review of migrant health in Germany and responses toward unauthorized migration
by Castañeda, Heide
- 839-845 Medical humanitarianism, human rights and political advocacy: The case of the Israeli Open Clinic
by Gottlieb, Nora & Filc, Dani & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 846-854 Deserving to a point: Unauthorized immigrants in San Francisco’s universal access healthcare model
by Marrow, Helen B.
- 858-863 Intangible obstacles: Health implications of stigmatization, structural violence, and fear among undocumented immigrants in France
by Larchanché, Stéphanie
- 864-872 Exploitation, vulnerability to tuberculosis and access to treatment among Uzbek labor migrants in Kazakhstan
by Huffman, Samantha A. & Veen, Jaap & Hennink, Monique M. & McFarland, Deborah A.
- 873-881 The clinical gaze in the practice of migrant health: Mexican migrants in the United States
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 882-886 Deservingness to state health services for South–South migrants: A preliminary study of Costa Rican providers’ views
by Goldade, Kate & Okuyemi, Kolawole S.
- 887-893 Undocumented immigrants and their use of medical services in Orange County, California
by Chavez, Leo R.
- 897-906 The impact of migration in all-cause mortality: The Turin Longitudinal Study, 1971–2005
by Rasulo, Domenica & Spadea, Teresa & Onorati, Roberta & Costa, Giuseppe
- 907-914 Loneliness, health, and mortality in old age: A national longitudinal study
by Luo, Ye & Hawkley, Louise C. & Waite, Linda J. & Cacioppo, John T.
- 915-922 Stereotypes of mental disorders differ in competence and warmth
by Sadler, Melody S. & Meagor, Elizabeth L. & Kaye, Kimberly E.
- 923-929 Socioeconomic status and the development of depressive symptoms from childhood to adulthood: A longitudinal analysis across 27 years of follow-up in the Young Finns study
by Elovainio, Marko & Pulkki-Råback, Laura & Jokela, Markus & Kivimäki, Mika & Hintsanen, Mirka & Hintsa, Taina & Viikari, Jorma & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 930-939 Social determinants of health – A question of social or economic capital? Interaction effects of socioeconomic factors on health outcomes
by Ahnquist, Johanna & Wamala, Sarah P. & Lindstrom, Martin
- 940-947 Community Health Workers in Brazil’s Unified Health System: A framework of their praxis and contributions to patient health behaviors
by Pinto, Rogério M. & da Silva, Sueli Bulhões & Soriano, Rafaela
2012, Volume 74, Issue 5
- 688-695 Economic growth and health progress in England and Wales: 160 years of a changing relation
by Tapia Granados, José A.
- 696-706 Social support, volunteering and health around the world: Cross-national evidence from 139 countries
by Kumar, Santosh & Calvo, Rocio & Avendano, Mauricio & Sivaramakrishnan, Kavita & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 707-714 Utilization of epidemiological research for the development of local public health policy in the Netherlands: A case study approach
by de Goede, Joyce & Putters, Kim & van Oers, Hans
- 715-723 Practitioner opinions on health promotion interventions that work: Opening the ‘black box’ of a linear evidence-based approach
by Kok, Maarten O. & Vaandrager, Lenneke & Bal, Roland & Schuit, Jantine
- 724-733 Coping with health care expenses among poor households: Evidence from a rural commune in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Kim Thuy & Hai Khuat, Oanh Thi & Ma, Shuangge & Pham, Duc Cuong & Hong Khuat, Giang Thi & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 734-743 Socioeconomic pathways to depressive symptoms in adulthood: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1979
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & Taylor, Miles
- 744-752 Chinese and Korean immigrants’ early life deprivation: An important factor for child feeding practices and children’s body weight in the United States
by Cheah, Charissa S.L. & Van Hook, Jennifer
- 757-766 Protective factors and predictors of vulnerability to chronic stress: A comparative study of 4 communities after 7 years of continuous rocket fire
by Gelkopf, Marc & Berger, Rony & Bleich, Avraham & Silver, Roxane Cohen
- 767-774 Scientific tools, fake treatments, or triggers for psychological healing: How clinical trial participants conceptualise placebos
by Bishop, Felicity L. & Jacobson, Eric E. & Shaw, Jessica R. & Kaptchuk, Ted J.
- 775-782 A ‘beautiful death’: Mortality, death, and holidays in a Mexican municipality
by Wilches-Gutiérrez, José L. & Arenas-Monreal, Luz & Paulo-Maya, Alfredo & Peláez-Ballestas, Ingris & Idrovo, Alvaro J.
- 783-787 Therapeutic landscapes and postcolonial theory: A theoretical approach to medical tourism
by Buzinde, Christine N. & Yarnal, Careen
- 788-795 Medical ideology as a double-edged sword: The politics of cure and care in the making of Alzheimer’s disease
by Chaufan, Claudia & Hollister, Brooke & Nazareno, Jennifer & Fox, Patrick
- 796-804 ‘Doing the "Right" Thing’: How parents experience and manage decision-making for children’s ‘Normalising’ surgeries
by Nelson, Pauline Anne & Caress, Ann-Louise & Glenny, Anne-Marie & Kirk, Susan A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 4
- 466-473 Sociological autopsy: An integrated approach to the study of suicide in men
by Scourfield, Jonathan & Fincham, Ben & Langer, Susanne & Shiner, Michael
- 474-481 Better dead than dishonored: Masculinity and male suicidal behavior in contemporary Ghana
by Adinkrah, Mensah
- 482-489 Understanding boys’: Thinking through boys, masculinity and suicide
by Mac an Ghaill, Mairtin & Haywood, Chris
- 490-497 Reprint of: Bullying victimisation, self harm and associated factors in Irish adolescent boys
by McMahon, Elaine M. & Reulbach, Udo & Keeley, Helen & Perry, Ivan J. & Arensman, Ella
- 498-505 Suicidal action, emotional expression, and the performance of masculinities
by Cleary, Anne
- 506-514 “You feel like you can’t live anymore”: Suicide from the perspectives of Canadian men who experience depression
by Oliffe, John L. & Ogrodniczuk, John S. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Johnson, Joy L. & Hoyak, Kristy
- 515-522 Rural male suicide in Australia
by Alston, Margaret
- 523-529 Men’s sexual orientation and suicide: Evidence for U.S. adolescent-specific risk
by Russell, Stephen T. & Toomey, Russell B.
- 530-536 Suicide, social integration, and masculinity in the U.S. military
by Braswell, Harold & Kushner, Howard I.
- 537-545 Women at war: Understanding how women veterans cope with combat and military sexual trauma
by Mattocks, Kristin M. & Haskell, Sally G. & Krebs, Erin E. & Justice, Amy C. & Yano, Elizabeth M. & Brandt, Cynthia
- 546-553 Being differently the same: The mediation of identity tensions in the sharing of illness experiences
by Mazanderani, Fadhila & Locock, Louise & Powell, John
- 554-564 Determinants, self-management strategies and interventions for hope in people with mental disorders: Systematic search and narrative review
by Schrank, Beate & Bird, Victoria & Rudnick, Abraham & Slade, Mike
- 565-573 Rebelling against the brain: Public engagement with the ‘neurological adolescent’
by Choudhury, Suparna & McKinney, Kelly A. & Merten, Moritz
- 574-581 Understanding the outcomes of multi-centre clinical trials: A qualitative study of health professional experiences and views
by Lawton, Julia & Jenkins, Nicholas & Darbyshire, Julie & Farmer, Andrew & Holman, Rury & Hallowell, Nina
- 582-587 Key concepts relevant to quality of complex and shared decision-making in health care: A literature review
by Dy, Sydney M. & Purnell, Tanjala S.
- 588-596 Disability, participation, and subjective wellbeing among older couples
by Freedman, Vicki A. & Stafford, Frank & Schwarz, Norbert & Conrad, Frederick & Cornman, Jennifer C.
- 597-606 Social stratification and adolescent overweight in the United States: How income and educational resources matter across families and schools
by Martin, Molly A. & Frisco, Michelle L. & Nau, Claudia & Burnett, Kristin
- 607-615 Social strain and cortisol regulation in midlife in the US
by Friedman, Esther M. & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Almeida, David M. & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 616-624 Examining the differential association between self-rated health and area deprivation among white British and ethnic minority people in England
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Albor, Christo & Chandola, Tarani & Stafford, Mai
- 625-636 Health disparities in mid-to-late life: The role of earlier life family and neighborhood socioeconomic conditions
by Johnson, Rucker C. & Schoeni, Robert F. & Rogowski, Jeannette A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 273-280 Let’s dance: Organization studies, medical sociology and health policy
by Currie, Graeme & Dingwall, Robert & Kitchener, Martin & Waring, Justin
- 281-288 A critical account of the rise and spread of ‘leadership’: The case of UK healthcare
by Martin, Graham P. & Learmonth, Mark
- 289-296 Reactivity and reactions to regulatory transparency in medicine, psychotherapy and counselling
by McGivern, Gerry & Fischer, Michael D.
- 297-304 Exploring knowledge exchange: A useful framework for practice and policy
by Ward, Vicky & Smith, Simon & House, Allan & Hamer, Susan
- 305-312 Addressing complex healthcare problems in diverse settings: Insights from activity theory
by Greig, Gail & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Beech, Nic
- 313-322 Public, private, neither, both? Publicness theory and the analysis of healthcare organisations
by Anderson, Stuart
- 323-331 The effects of institutional change on geographic variation and health services use in the USA
by Nigam, Amit
- 332-339 Dialogues and dialetics: Limits to clinician–manager interaction in healthcare organizations
by MacIntosh, Robert & Beech, Nic & Martin, Graeme
- 340-347 A new mode of organizing in health care? Governmentality and managed networks in cancer services in England
by Ferlie, Ewan & Mcgivern, Gerry & FitzGerald, Louise
- 348-355 The role of the organizational champion in achieving health system change
by Hendy, Jane & Barlow, James
- 356-363 The role of institutional entrepreneurs in reforming healthcare
by Lockett, Andy & Currie, Graeme & Waring, Justin & Finn, Rachael & Martin, Graham
- 364-371 Lean in healthcare: The unfilled promise?
by Radnor, Zoe J. & Holweg, Matthias & Waring, Justin
- 372-380 Professional projects and institutional change in healthcare: The case of American dentistry
by Kitchener, Martin & Mertz, Elizabeth
- 381-389 The implementation of a global fund grant in Lesotho: Applying a framework on knowledge absorptive capacity
by Biesma, Regien & Makoa, Elsie & Mpemi, Regina & Tsekoa, Lineo & Odonkor, Philip & Brugha, Ruairi
- 390-398 Structural violence in long-term, residential care for older people: Comparing Canada and Scandinavia
by Banerjee, Albert & Daly, Tamara & Armstrong, Pat & Szebehely, Marta & Armstrong, Hugh & Lafrance, Stirling
- 399-407 State-level income inequality and family burden of US families raising children with special health care needs
by Parish, Susan L. & Rose, Roderick A. & Dababnah, Sarah & Yoo, Joan & Cassiman, Shawn A.
- 408-415 The pervasive effects of racism: Experiences of racial discrimination in New Zealand over time and associations with multiple health domains
by Harris, Ricci & Cormack, Donna & Tobias, Martin & Yeh, Li-Chia & Talamaivao, Natalie & Minster, Joanna & Timutimu, Roimata
- 416-424 Resilience from the point of view of older people: ‘There's still life beyond a funny knee’
by Wiles, Janine L. & Wild, Kirsty & Kerse, Ngaire & Allen, Ruth E.S.
- 425-433 “Back then” and “nowadays”: Social transition narratives in accounts of injecting drug use in an East European setting
by Rhodes, Tim & Bivol, Stela
- 434-443 Taming troubled teens: The social production of mental morbidity amongst young mothers in Pelotas, Brazil
by Béhague, D.P. & Gonçalves, H.D. & Gigante, D. & Kirkwood, B.R.
- 444-451 Altered social cohesion and adverse psychological experiences with chronic food insecurity in the non-market economy and complex households of Burkina Faso
by Nanama, Siméon & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 452-459 Women’s social networks and birth attendant decisions: Application of the Network-Episode Model
by Edmonds, Joyce K. & Hruschka, Daniel & Bernard, H. Russell & Sibley, Lynn
2012, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 103-111 Domestic violence and child nutrition in Liberia
by Sobkoviak, Rudina M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Halim, Nafisa
- 112-119 Emotion awareness and coping in children with functional abdominal pain: A controlled study
by van der Veek, Shelley M.C. & Derkx, H.H.F. & de Haan, Else & Benninga, Marc A. & Boer, Frits
- 120-124 Maternal leave policies and vaccination coverage: A global analysis
by Daku, Mark & Raub, Amy & Heymann, Jody
- 125-134 Canaries in a coalmine: Immigration and overweight among Mexican-origin children in the US and Mexico
by Van Hook, Jennifer & Baker, Elizabeth & Altman, Claire E. & Frisco, Michelle L.
- 135-142 Household migration, social support, and psychosocial health: The perspective from migrant-sending areas
by Lu, Yao
- 143-149 Beyond symptoms: Defining primary care mental health clinical assessment priorities, content and process
by Lynch, Johanna M. & Askew, Deborah A. & Mitchell, Geoffrey K. & Hegarty, Kelsey L.
- 150-157 Five years later: Recovery from post traumatic stress and psychological distress among low-income mothers affected by Hurricane Katrina
by Paxson, Christina & Fussell, Elizabeth & Rhodes, Jean & Waters, Mary
- 158-166 Long-term association of economic inequality and mortality in adult Costa Ricans
by Modrek, Sepideh & Dow, William H. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 167-175 Coupling infectious diseases, human preventive behavior, and networks – A conceptual framework for epidemic modeling
by Mao, Liang & Yang, Yan
- 176-184 Health information seeking and use outside of the medical encounter: Is it associated with race and ethnicity?
by Rooks, Ronica N. & Wiltshire, Jacqueline C. & Elder, Keith & BeLue, Rhonda & Gary, Lisa C.
- 185-195 Exploring the connections between HIV serostatus and individual, household, and community socioeconomic resources: Evidence from two population-based surveys in Kenya
by Ishida, Kanako & Arnold, Michael & Stupp, Paul & Kizito, Paul & Ichwara, Jared
- 196-201 Rising preterm birth rates, 1989–2004: Changing demographics or changing obstetric practice?
by VanderWeele, Tyler J. & Lantos, John D. & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 202-210 Social capital and social inequality in adolescents’ health in 601 Flemish communities: A multilevel analysis
by De Clercq, B. & Vyncke, V. & Hublet, A. & Elgar, F.J. & Ravens-Sieberer, U. & Currie, C. & Hooghe, M. & Ieven, A. & Maes, L.
- 211-219 Disability and dignity-enabling home environments
by Gibson, Barbara E. & Secker, Barbara & Rolfe, Debbie & Wagner, Frank & Parke, Bob & Mistry, Bhavnita
- 220-227 Model of health? Distributed preparedness and multi-agency interventions surrounding UK regional airports
by Warren, Adam & Bell, Morag & Budd, Lucy
- 228-235 Network structures and their relevance to the policy cycle: A case study of The National Male Health Policy of Australia
by Holden, Carol A. & Lin, Vivian
- 236-244 Capitals and capabilities: Linking structure and agency to reduce health inequalities
by Abel, Thomas & Frohlich, Katherine L.
- 245-253 The politics of place(ment): Problematising the provision of hepatitis C treatment within opiate substitution clinics
by Rance, Jake & Newland, Jamee & Hopwood, Max & Treloar, Carla
- 254-262 How does the business cycle affect eating habits?
by Dave, Dhaval M. & Kelly, Inas Rashad
- 263-272 Medical innovation and age-specific trends in health care utilization: Findings and implications
by Wong, Albert & Wouterse, Bram & Slobbe, Laurentius C.J. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Polder, Johan J.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 6-13 Globalisation and health inequalities: Can a human rights paradigm create space for civil society action?
by London, Leslie & Schneider, Helen
- 14-19 Re-interpreting the citizen consumer: Alternative consumer activism and the rights to health and development
by Khoo, Su-ming
- 20-27 Cross-border mobility of health professionals: Contesting patients’ right to health
by Plotnikova, Evgeniya Vadimovna
- 28-35 Mind the gap: Access to ARV medication, rights and the politics of scale in South Africa
by Jones, Peris Sean
- 36-43 The provision of accessible, acceptable health care in rural remote areas and the right to health: Bedouin in the North East region of Jordan
by Lewando Hundt, Gillian & Alzaroo, Salah & Hasna, Fadia & Alsmeiran, Mohammed
- 44-51 Rights-based approaches to addressing food poverty and food insecurity in Ireland and UK
by Dowler, Elizabeth A. & O’Connor, Deirdre
- 52-57 Public opinion and support for government AIDS policies in sub-Saharan Africa
by Youde, Jeremy
- 58-66 Long-run effects of fetal influenza exposure: Evidence from Switzerland
by Neelsen, Sven & Stratmann, Thomas
- 67-74 How does the social environment ‘get into the mind’? Epigenetics at the intersection of social and psychiatric epidemiology
by Toyokawa, Satoshi & Uddin, Monica & Koenen, Karestan C. & Galea, Sandro
- 75-83 History of socioeconomic disadvantage and allostatic load in later life
by Gruenewald, Tara L. & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Hu, Perry & Stein-Merkin, Sharon & Crandall, Carolyn & Koretz, Brandon & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 84-91 Relative income inequality and selected health outcomes in urban Chinese youth
by Sun, Ping & Unger, Jennifer B. & Palmer, Paula & Ma, Huiyan & Xie, Bin & Sussman, Steve & Johnson, C. Anderson
- 92-100 Willingness to use ADHD treatments: A mixed methods study of perceptions by adolescents, parents, health professionals and teachers
by Bussing, Regina & Koro-Ljungberg, Mirka & Noguchi, Kenji & Mason, Dana & Mayerson, Gillian & Garvan, Cynthia W.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 12
- 1675-1682 Organizational justice at school and its associations with pupils’ psychosocial school environment, health, and wellbeing
by Elovainio, Marko & Pietikäinen, Minna & Luopa, Pauliina & Kivimäki, Mika & Ferrie, Jane E. & Jokela, Jukka & Suominen, Sakari & Vahtera, Jussi & Virtanen, Marianna
- 1683-1688 Distinct impact of education and income on habitual exercise: A cross-sectional analysis in a rural city in Japan
by Murakami, Keiko & Hashimoto, Hideki & Lee, Jung Su & Kawakubo, Kiyoshi & Mori, Katsumi & Akabayashi, Akira
- 1689-1697 The contextual effects of social capital on health: A cross-national instrumental variable analysis
by Kim, Daniel & Baum, Christopher F. & Ganz, Michael L. & Subramanian, S.V. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1698-1706 Residential mobility within England and urban–rural inequalities in mortality
by Riva, Mylène & Curtis, Sarah & Norman, Paul
- 1707-1716 Association between neighborhood walkability, cardiorespiratory fitness and body-mass index
by Hoehner, Christine M. & Handy, Susan L. & Yan, Yan & Blair, Steven N. & Berrigan, David
- 1717-1724 The social context of food insecurity among persons living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Emenyonu, Nneka & Senkungu, Jude K. & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 1725-1732 Beyond debt. A moderator analysis of the relationship between perceived financial strain and mental health
by Selenko, Eva & Batinic, Bernad
- 1733-1740 The impact of causal attributions on diagnosis and successful referral of depressed patients in primary care
by van den Boogaard, Th. Michael & Verhaak, P.F.M. & Dyck, Richard van & Spinhoven, Philip
- 1741-1747 "The Most Important Test You’ll Ever Take"?: Attitudes toward confidential carrier matching and open individual testing among modern-religious Jews in Israel
by Frumkin, Ayala & Raz, Aviad E. & Plesser-Duvdevani, Morasha & Lieberman, Sari
- 1748-1755 Circus monkeys or change agents? Civil society advocacy for HIV/AIDS in adverse policy environments
by Spicer, Neil & Harmer, Andrew & Aleshkina, Julia & Bogdan, Daryna & Chkhatarashvili, Ketevan & Murzalieva, Gulgun & Rukhadze, Natia & Samiev, Arnol & Walt, Gill
- 1756-1765 Is blood thicker than water? Peer effects in stent utilization among Floridian cardiologists
by Huesch, Marco D.
- 1766-1774 Measuring the outcomes of long-term care
by Forder, Julien E. & Caiels, James
- 1775-1783 The ‘cultural inflation of morbidity’ during the English mortality decline: A new look
by Gorsky, Martin & Guntupalli, Aravinda & Harris, Bernard & Hinde, Andrew
2011, Volume 73, Issue 11
- 1575-1584 Rising premature mortality in the UK’s persistently deprived areas: Only a Scottish phenomenon?
by Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Exeter, Daniel & Feng, Zhiqiang & Popham, Frank
- 1585-1592 The ecology of unhealthy places: Violence, birthweight, and the importance of territoriality in structurally disadvantaged communities
by Kane, Robert J.
- 1593-1599 The psychological impact of chronic environmental adversity: Responding to prolonged drought
by Stain, Helen J. & Kelly, Brian & Carr, Vaughan J. & Lewin, Terry J. & Fitzgerald, Michael & Fragar, Lyn
- 1600-1607 Risky health environments: Women sex workers’ struggles to find safe, secure and non-exploitative housing in Canada’s poorest postal code
by Lazarus, L. & Chettiar, J. & Deering, K. & Nabess, R. & Shannon, K.
- 1608-1617 Social inequalities in ‘sickness’: European welfare states and non-employment among the chronically ill
by van der Wel, Kjetil A. & Dahl, Espen & Thielen, Karsten
- 1618-1626 A life course perspective on migration and mental health among Asian immigrants: The role of human agency
by Gong, Fang & Xu, Jun & Fujishiro, Kaori & Takeuchi, David T.
- 1627-1634 Associations between unemployment and major depressive disorder: Evidence from an international, prospective study (the predict cohort)
by Jefferis, Barbara J. & Nazareth, Irwin & Marston, Louise & Moreno-Kustner, Berta & Bellón, Juan Ángel & Svab, Igor & Rotar, Danica & Geerlings, Mirjam I. & Xavier, Miguel & Goncalves-Pereira, Manuel & Vicente, Benjamin & Saldivia, Sandra & Aluoja, Anu & Kalda, Ruth & King, Michael
- 1635-1643 The influence of indigenous status and community indigenous composition on obesity and diabetes among Mexican adults
by Stoddard, Pamela & Handley, Margaret A. & Vargas Bustamante, Arturo & Schillinger, Dean
- 1644-1652 Quality and quantity: The role of social interactions in self-reported individual health
by Fiorillo, Damiano & Sabatini, Fabio
- 1653-1660 Maternal social capital and birth outcomes in the mother–child cohort in Crete, Greece (Rhea study)
by Kritsotakis, George & Vassilaki, Maria & Chatzi, Leda & Georgiou, Vaggelis & Philalithis, Anastassios E. & Kogevinas, Manolis & Koutis, Antonis
- 1661-1668 Choreographies of sperm donations: Dilemmas of intimacy in lesbian couple donor conception
by Nordqvist, Petra
- 1669-1673 “Cutting” on cancer: Attitudes about cancer spread and surgery among primary care patients in the USA
by James, Aimee & Daley, Christine M. & Greiner, K.A.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 10
- 1445-1448 Is unimpeded marketing for breast milk substitutes responsible for the decline in breastfeeding in the Philippines? An exploratory survey and focus group analysis
by Sobel, Howard L. & Iellamo, Alessandro & Raya, René R. & Padilla, Alexander A. & Olivé, Jean-Marc & Nyunt-U, Soe
- 1452-1459 Why is UK medicine no longer a self-regulating profession? The role of scandals involving “bad apple” doctors
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Yeung, Karen & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1460-1468 Deliberating Tarceva: A case study of how British NHS managers decide whether to purchase a high-cost drug in the shadow of NICE guidance
by Hughes, David & Doheny, Shane
- 1469-1476 Anthropology, organ transplantation and the immune system: Resituating commodity and gift exchange
by Kierans, Ciara
- 1477-1489 Access to health care, reproductive health and disability: A large scale survey in Sierra Leone
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Browne, Joyce & Kett, Maria & Bah, Osman & Morlai, Teddy & Bailey, Nicki & Groce, Nora
- 1490-1497 Melting bones: The social construction of postmenopausal osteoporosis in Turkey
by Erol, Maral
- 1498-1507 Relying on nature’s pharmacy in rural Burkina Faso: Empirical evidence of the determinants of traditional medicine consumption
by Pouliot, Mariève
- 1508-1516 Time-bound opportunity costs of informal care: Consequences for access to professional care, caregiver support, and labour supply estimates
by Hassink, Wolter H.J. & Van den Berg, Bernard
- 1517-1524 Allocation of household responsibilities influences change in dietary behavior
by Nelson, Candace C. & Sapp, Amy & Berkman, Lisa F. & Li, Yi & Sorensen, Glorian
- 1525-1533 Aging in neighborhoods differing in walkability and income: Associations with physical activity and obesity in older adults
by King, Abby C. & Sallis, James F. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Cain, Kelli & Conway, Terry L. & Chapman, James E. & Ahn, David K. & Kerr, Jacqueline
- 1534-1542 Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis
by Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David
- 1543-1550 Why socially deprived populations have a faster resting heart rate: Impact of behaviour, life course anthropometry, and biology – the RECORD Cohort Study
by Chaix, Basile & Jouven, Xavier & Thomas, Frédérique & Leal, Cinira & Billaudeau, Nathalie & Bean, Kathy & Kestens, Yan & Jëgo, Bertrand & Pannier, Bruno & Danchin, Nicolas
- 1551-1560 Immigration and the health of U.S. black adults: Does country of origin matter?
by Hamilton, Tod G. & Hummer, Robert A.
- 1561-1568 Income inequality, social capital and self-rated health and dental status in older Japanese
by Aida, Jun & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Watt, Richard G. & Sheiham, Aubrey & Tsakos, Georgios
2011, Volume 73, Issue 9