Journal of Health Economics
2017, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-13 Reputational concerns with altruistic providers
by Olivella, Pau & Siciliani, Luigi
- 14-29 Financial risk protection from social health insurance
by Barnes, Kayleigh & Mukherji, Arnab & Mullen, Patrick & Sood, Neeraj
- 30-44 Vitamin panacea: Is advertising fueling demand for products with uncertain scientific benefit?
by Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Avery, Rosemary J. & Cantor, Jonathan H.
- 45-60 The spillover effects of health insurance benefit mandates on public insurance coverage: Evidence from veterans
by Li, Xiaoxue & Ye, Jinqi
- 61-75 The long term effects of “Consumer-Directed” health plans on preventive care use
by Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Haviland, Amelia M. & Mehrotra, Ateev & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Sood, Neeraj
- 76-94 The impact of team-based primary care on health care services utilization and costs: Quebec’s family medicine groups
by Strumpf, Erin & Ammi, Mehdi & Diop, Mamadou & Fiset-Laniel, Julie & Tousignant, Pierre
- 95-107 Endogenous information, adverse selection, and prevention: Implications for genetic testing policy
by Peter, Richard & Richter, Andreas & Thistle, Paul
- 108-120 Wolves in sheep’s clothing: Is non-profit status used to signal quality?
by Jones, Daniel B. & Propper, Carol & Smith, Sarah
- 121-138 Discharge on the day of birth, parental response and health and schooling outcomes
by Sievertsen, Hans Henrik & Wüst, Miriam
- 139-152 Econometric modelling of multiple self-reports of health states: The switch from EQ-5D-3L to EQ-5D-5L in evaluating drug therapies for rheumatoid arthritis
by Hernández-Alava, Mónica & Pudney, Stephen
- 153-167 Do health insurers innovate? Evidence from the anatomy of physician payments
by Clemens, Jeffrey & Gottlieb, Joshua D. & Molnár, Tímea Laura
- 168-185 Family planning funding cuts and teen childbearing
by Packham, Analisa
- 186-200 Is it who you are or where you live? Residential segregation and racial gaps in childhood asthma
by Alexander, Diane & Currie, Janet
- 201-218 Competitive effects of scope of practice restrictions: Public health or public harm?
by Markowitz, Sara & Adams, E. Kathleen & Lewitt, Mary Jane & Dunlop, Anne L.
- 219-231 Impact of caregiver incentives on child health: Evidence from an experiment with Anganwadi workers in India
by Singh, Prakarsh & Masters, William A.
- 232-243 Health care demand elasticities by type of service
by Ellis, Randall P. & Martins, Bruno & Zhu, Wenjia
- 244-261 The market for paid sick leave
by Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 262-273 Health insurance subsidies and deductible choice: Evidence from regional variation in subsidy schemes
by Kaufmann, Cornel & Schmid, Christian & Boes, Stefan
2017, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-16 Medicaid, family spending, and the financial implications of crowd-out
by Dillender, Marcus
- 17-37 Did Medicare Part D reduce mortality?
by Huh, Jason & Reif, Julian
- 38-52 Mitigating the consequences of a health condition: The role of intra- and interhousehold assistance
by Dalton, Michael & LaFave, Daniel
- 53-71 The effect of prices on nutrition: Comparing the impact of product- and nutrient-specific taxes
by Harding, Matthew & Lovenheim, Michael
- 72-86 Premium subsidies, the mandate, and Medicaid expansion: Coverage effects of the Affordable Care Act
by Frean, Molly & Gruber, Jonathan & Sommers, Benjamin D.
- 87-99 Safety regulation in professional football: Empirical evidence of intended and unintended consequences
by Hanson, Andrew & Jolly, Nicholas A. & Peterson, Jeremy
- 100-116 When public health intervention is not successful: Cost sharing, crowd-out, and selection in Korea's National Cancer Screening Program
by Kim, Hyuncheol Bryant & Lee, Sun-mi
- 117-130 War during childhood: The long run effects of warfare on health
by Akbulut-Yuksel, Mevlude
- 131-155 Effects of posted point-of-sale warnings on alcohol consumption during pregnancy and on birth outcomes
by Cil, Gulcan
2017, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-18 Health and work in the family: Evidence from spouses’ cancer diagnoses
by Jeon, Sung-Hee & Pohl, R. Vincent
- 19-32 How vertical integration affects the quantity and cost of care for Medicare beneficiaries
by Koch, Thomas G. & Wendling, Brett W. & Wilson, Nathan E.
- 33-44 Employment effects of active labor market programs for sick-listed workers
by Holm, Anders & Høgelund, Jan & Gørtz, Mette & Rasmussen, Kristin Storck & Houlberg, Helle Sofie Bøje
- 45-62 Effectiveness of vaccination recommendations versus mandates: Evidence from the hepatitis A vaccine
by Lawler, Emily C.
- 63-73 Economic conditions, illicit drug use, and substance use disorders in the United States
by Carpenter, Christopher S. & McClellan, Chandler B. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 74-94 Do hospital mergers reduce costs?
by Schmitt, Matt
2017, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-12 The role of imperfect surrogate endpoint information in drug approval and reimbursement decisions
by Bognar, Katalin & Romley, John A. & Bae, Jay P. & Murray, James & Chou, Jacquelyn W. & Lakdawalla, Darius N.
- 13-25 Claims-shifting: The problem of parallel reimbursement regimes
by Fomenko, Olesya & Gruber, Jonathan
- 26-40 The long-term health impacts of Medicaid and CHIP
by Thompson, Owen
- 41-65 Non-separable time preferences, novelty consumption and body weight: Theory and evidence from the East German transition to capitalism
by Dragone, Davide & Ziebarth, Nicolas R.
- 66-83 Effects of payment reform in more versus less competitive markets
by Sood, Neeraj & Alpert, Abby & Barnes, Kayleigh & Huckfeldt, Peter & Escarce, José J.
- 84-97 Damage caps and defensive medicine, revisited
by Paik, Myungho & Black, Bernard & Hyman, David A.
- 98-112 Dropped out or pushed out? Insurance market exit and provider market power in Medicare Advantage
by Pelech, Daria
2016, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of hospital/physician integration on hospital choice
by Baker, Laurence C. & Bundorf, M. Kate & Kessler, Daniel P.
- 9-26 Non-monotonic health behaviours – implications for individual health-related behaviour in a demand-for-health framework
by Bolin, Kristian & Lindgren, Björn
- 27-35 Including health insurance in poverty measurement: The impact of Massachusetts health reform on poverty
by Korenman, Sanders D. & Remler, Dahlia K.
- 36-46 Do hospital-owned skilled nursing facilities provide better post-acute care quality?
by Rahman, Momotazur & Norton, Edward C. & Grabowski, David C.
- 47-58 Eliminating composite bias in treatment effects estimates: Applications to quality of life assessment
by McCarthy, Ian M.
- 59-70 Quality rating and private-prices: Evidence from the nursing home industry
by Huang, Sean Shenghsiu & Hirth, Richard A.
- 71-85 How product standardization affects choice: Evidence from the Massachusetts Health Insurance Exchange
by Ericson, Keith M. Marzilli & Starc, Amanda
- 86-98 The effect of narrow provider networks on health care use
by Atwood, Alicia & Lo Sasso, Anthony T.
- 99-114 The effect of college education on mortality
by Buckles, Kasey & Hagemann, Andreas & Malamud, Ofer & Morrill, Melinda & Wozniak, Abigail
- 115-130 Asymmetric information and user orientation in general practice: Exploring the agency relationship in a best–worst scaling study
by Pedersen, Line Bjørnskov & Hess, Stephane & Kjær, Trine
- 131-143 The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act evaluation study: Impact on specialty behavioral health utilization and expenditures among “carve-out” enrollees
by Ettner, Susan L. & M. Harwood, Jessica & Thalmayer, Amber & Ong, Michael K. & Xu, Haiyong & Bresolin, Michael J. & Wells, Kenneth B. & Tseng, Chi-Hong & Azocar, Francisca
- 144-155 Does the extension of primary care practice opening hours reduce the use of emergency services?
by Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Mammi, Irene & Ugolini, Cristina
- 156-170 Health shocks and risk aversion
by Decker, Simon & Schmitz, Hendrik
- 171-182 Doctor–patient differences in risk and time preferences: A field experiment
by Galizzi, Matteo M. & Miraldo, Marisa & Stavropoulou, Charitini & van der Pol, Marjon
- 183-197 Do working conditions at older ages shape the health gradient?
by Schmitz, Lauren L.
- 198-212 A soft pillow for hard times? Economic insecurity, food intake and body weight in Russia
by Staudigel, Matthias
- 213-229 Incentives and children's dietary choices: A field experiment in primary schools
by Belot, Michèle & James, Jonathan & Nolen, Patrick
- 230-246 Choice of hospital: Which type of quality matters?
by Gutacker, Nils & Siciliani, Luigi & Moscelli, Giuseppe & Gravelle, Hugh
- 247-255 The value of disease prevention vs treatment
by Rheinberger, Christoph M. & Herrera-Araujo, Daniel & Hammitt, James K.
- 258-267 Earmarking and the political support of fat taxes
by Cremer, Helmuth & Goulão, Catarina & Roeder, Kerstin
- 268-285 Quality standards versus nutritional taxes: Health and welfare impacts with strategic firms
by Réquillart, Vincent & Soler, Louis-Georges & Zang, Yu
- 286-297 Private versus social incentives for pharmaceutical innovation
by González, Paula & Macho-Stadler, Inés & Pérez-Castrillo, David
- 298-311 Late-stage pharmaceutical R&D and pricing policies under two-stage regulation
by Jobjörnsson, Sebastian & Forster, Martin & Pertile, Paolo & Burman, Carl-Fredrik
- 312-329 Reference pricing with endogenous generic entry
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Canta, Chiara & Straume, Odd Rune
- 330-339 The design of long term care insurance contracts
by Cremer, Helmuth & Lozachmeur, Jean-Marie & Pestieau, Pierre
- 340-357 Long-term care and births timing
by Pestieau, Pierre & Ponthiere, Gregory
- 358-371 Competition and screening with motivated health professionals
by Barigozzi, Francesca & Burani, Nadia
- 372-387 Patient mobility and health care quality when regions and patients differ in income
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Levaggi, Rosella & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune
2016, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-13 You sneeze, you lose:
by Bensnes, Simon Søbstad
- 14-27 The tax-free year in Iceland: A natural experiment to explore the impact of a short-term increase in labor supply on the risk of heart attacks
by Ólafsdóttir, Thorhildur & Hrafnkelsson, Birgir & Thorgeirsson, Gudmundur & Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey
- 28-45 The anticipatory effects of Medicare Part D on drug utilization
by Alpert, Abby
- 46-58 Shock, but no shift: Hospitals' responses to changes in patient insurance mix
by Wagner, Kathryn L.
- 59-69 Quantile treatment effects of job loss on health
by Schiele, Valentin & Schmitz, Hendrik
- 70-75 Donor registries, first-person consent legislation, and the supply of deceased organ donors
by Callison, Kevin & Levin, Adelin
- 76-96 Life cycle responses to health insurance status
by Pelgrin, Florian & St-Amour, Pascal
- 97-108 Decision rules for allocation of finances to health systems strengthening
by Morton, Alec & Thomas, Ranjeeta & Smith, Peter C.
- 109-119 Privatization and quality: Evidence from elderly care in Sweden
by Bergman, Mats A. & Johansson, Per & Lundberg, Sofia & Spagnolo, Giancarlo
- 120-135 Cost savings of developmental screenings: Evidence from a nationwide program
by Halla, Martin & Pruckner, Gerald J. & Schober, Thomas
- 136-152 Competition, information, and quality: Evidence from nursing homes
by Zhao, Xin
- 153-168 Risk selection and heterogeneous preferences in health insurance markets with a public option
by Polyakova, Maria
- 169-183 GPs' implicit prioritization through clinical choices – evidence from three national health services
by Riise, Julie & Hole, Arne Risa & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Skåtun, Diane
- 184-192 The value of mortality risk reductions. Pure altruism – a confounder?
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Kjær, Trine & Seested Nielsen, Jytte
- 193-208 Can increased primary care access reduce demand for emergency care? Evidence from England's 7-day GP opening
by Dolton, Peter & Pathania, Vikram
2016, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-15 Cost versus control: Understanding ownership through outsourcing in hospitals
by Dalton, Christina Marsh & Warren, Patrick L.
- 16-25 Why has under-5 mortality decreased at such different rates in different countries?
by Jamison, Dean T. & Murphy, Shane M. & Sandbu, Martin E.
- 26-43 Job mobility among parents of children with chronic health conditions: Early effects of the 2010 Affordable Care Act
by Chatterji, Pinka & Brandon, Peter & Markowitz, Sara
- 44-60 Improving efficiency or impairing access? Health care consolidation and quality of care: Evidence from emergency hospital closures in Sweden
by Avdic, Daniel
- 61-73 The impact of financing of screening tests on utilization and outcomes: The case of amniocentesis
by Shurtz, Ity & Brzezinski, Amnon & Frumkin, Ayala
- 74-88 Health insurance and the demand for medical care: Instrumental variable estimates using health insurer claims data
by Dunn, Abe
- 89-106 A general method for decomposing the causes of socioeconomic inequality in health
by Heckley, Gawain & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Kjellsson, Gustav
- 107-120 How to sell a condom? The impact of demand creation tools on male and female condom sales in resource limited settings
by Terris-Prestholt, Fern & Windmeijer, Frank
- 121-134 An elicitation of utility for quality of life under prospect theory
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & l’Haridon, Olivier & Pinto, Jose Luis
- 135-148 Village sanitation and child health: Effects and external validity in a randomized field experiment in rural India
by Hammer, Jeffrey & Spears, Dean
- 149-165 Solving shortage in a priceless market: Insights from blood donation
by Sun, Tianshu & Lu, Susan Feng & Jin, Ginger Zhe
2016, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-19 Tradeoffs in the design of health plan payment systems: Fit, power and balance
by Geruso, Michael & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 20-33 Innovation in the pharmaceutical industry: New estimates of R&D costs
by DiMasi, Joseph A. & Grabowski, Henry G. & Hansen, Ronald W.
- 34-49 Assaults, murders and walkers: The impact of violent crime on physical activity
by Janke, Katharina & Propper, Carol & Shields, Michael A.
- 50-63 Health insurance and diversity of treatment
by Bardey, David & Jullien, Bruno & Lozachmeur, Jean-Marie
- 64-80 Provider practice style and patient health outcomes: The case of heart attacks
by Currie, Janet & MacLeod, W. Bentley & Van Parys, Jessica
- 81-106 Mandate-based health reform and the labor market: Evidence from the Massachusetts reform
by Kolstad, Jonathan T. & Kowalski, Amanda E.
2016, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-15 Catastrophic medical expenditure risk
by Flores, Gabriela & O’Donnell, Owen
- 16-32 Insuring against health shocks: Health insurance and household choices
by Liu, Kai
- 33-51 Do “Consumer-Directed” health plans bend the cost curve over time?
by Haviland, Amelia M. & Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Mehrotra, Ateev & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Sood, Neeraj
- 52-69 Effects of Medicaid disease management programs on medical expenditures: Evidence from a natural experiment in Georgia
by Kranker, Keith
- 70-89 Does the benefits schedule of cash assistance programs affect the purchase of temptation goods? Evidence from Peru
by White, Justin S. & Basu, Sanjay
- 90-99 The fatality and morbidity components of the value of statistical life
by Gentry, Elissa Philip & Viscusi, W. Kip
- 100-119 Growth and welfare effects of health care in knowledge-based economies
by Kuhn, Michael & Prettner, Klaus
- 120-130 Testing for changes in the SES-mortality gradient when the distribution of education changes too
by Goldring, Thomas & Lange, Fabian & Richards-Shubik, Seth
2016, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-11 Social capital and access to primary health care in developing countries: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Hollard, Guillaume & Sene, Omar
- 12-26 Long-term health effects of Vietnam-era military service: A quasi-experiment using Australian conscription lotteries
by Johnston, David W. & Shields, Michael A. & Siminski, Peter
- 27-46 Gaining weight through retirement? Results from the SHARE survey
by Godard, Mathilde
- 47-54 Habit formation in children: Evidence from incentives for healthy eating
by Loewenstein, George & Price, Joseph & Volpp, Kevin
- 55-62 The effect of parental involvement laws on teen birth control use
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Anderson, D. Mark
- 63-76 Spousal labor market effects from government health insurance: Evidence from a veterans affairs expansion
by Boyle, Melissa A. & Lahey, Joanna N.
- 77-90 Effects of antenatal testing laws on infant mortality
by Fung, Winnie & Robles, Omar
- 91-102 Time to burn (calories)? The impact of retirement on physical activity among mature Americans
by Kämpfen, Fabrice & Maurer, Jürgen
- 103-114 Employer-sponsored health insurance and the gender wage gap
by Cowan, Benjamin & Schwab, Benjamin
- 115-130 Patient cost sharing and medical expenditures for the Elderly
by Fukushima, Kazuya & Mizuoka, Sou & Yamamoto, Shunsuke & Iizuka, Toshiaki
- 131-148 Genetic markers as instrumental variables
by von Hinke, Stephanie & Davey Smith, George & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Propper, Carol & Windmeijer, Frank
- 149-160 Does home care for dependent elderly people improve their mental health?
by Barnay, Thomas & Juin, Sandrine
- 161-175 The long-term impacts of Medicaid exposure in early childhood: Evidence from the program's origin
by Boudreaux, Michel H. & Golberstein, Ezra & McAlpine, Donna D.
- 176-196 Trans fat and cardiovascular disease mortality: Evidence from bans in restaurants in New York
by Restrepo, Brandon J. & Rieger, Matthias
2015, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-9 The effect of early-life education on later-life mortality
by Black, Dan A. & Hsu, Yu-Chieh & Taylor, Lowell J.
- 10-24 Medicaid reimbursement, prenatal care and infant health
by Sonchak, Lyudmyla
- 25-36 Do financial incentives trump clinical guidance? Hip Replacement in England and Scotland
by Papanicolas, Irene & McGuire, Alistair
- 37-53 Can Walmart make us healthier? Prescription drug prices and health care utilization
by Borrescio-Higa, Florencia
- 54-62 Does health plan generosity enhance hospital market power?
by Baker, Laurence C. & Bundorf, M. Kate & Kessler, Daniel P.
- 63-79 Premium copayments and the trade-off between wages and employer-provided health insurance
by Lubotsky, Darren & Olson, Craig A.
- 80-96 Mandatory universal drug plan, access to health care and health: Evidence from Canada
by Wang, Chao & Li, Qing & Sweetman, Arthur & Hurley, Jeremiah
- 97-117 Maternal education and child mortality in Zimbabwe
by Grépin, Karen A. & Bharadwaj, Prashant
- 118-136 Malaria eradication and economic outcomes in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Uganda
by Barofsky, Jeremy & Anekwe, Tobenna D. & Chase, Claire
- 137-149 The effects of merit-based financial aid on drinking in college
by Cowan, Benjamin W. & White, Dustin R.
- 150-160 An anatomy of old-age disability: Time use, affect and experienced utility
by Flores, Gabriela & Ingenhaag, Michael & Maurer, Jürgen
- 161-175 Parental health shocks, child labor and educational outcomes: Evidence from Tanzania
by Alam, Shamma Adeeb
- 176-194 Smoking bans, cigarette prices and life satisfaction
by Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois
- 195-211 The indirect impact of antiretroviral therapy: Mortality risk, mental health, and HIV-negative labor supply
by Baranov, Victoria & Bennett, Daniel & Kohler, Hans-Peter
- 212-225 Do Medicaid benefit expansions have teeth? The effect of Medicaid adult dental coverage on the use of dental services and oral health
by Decker, Sandra L. & Lipton, Brandy J.
- 226-237 Did you get your shots? Experimental evidence on the role of reminders
by Busso, Matias & Cristia, Julian & Humpage, Sarah
- 238-254 The effect of Health Savings Accounts on group health insurance coverage
by Ye, Jinqi
- 255-273 The consumer welfare implications of governmental policies and firm strategy in markets for medicines
by Chatterjee, Chirantan & Kubo, Kensuke & Pingali, Viswanath
- 274-285 Is an early retirement offer good for your health? Quasi-experimental evidence from the army
by Hallberg, Daniel & Johansson, Per & Josephson, Malin
- 286-299 Comparing the effectiveness of individualistic, altruistic, and competitive incentives in motivating completion of mental exercises
by Schofield, Heather & Loewenstein, George & Kopsic, Jessica & Volpp, Kevin G.
- 300-308 How does electronic cigarette access affect adolescent smoking?
by Friedman, Abigail S.
- 309-319 Investment subsidies and the adoption of electronic medical records in hospitals
by Dranove, David & Garthwaite, Craig & Li, Bingyang & Ody, Christopher
- 320-332 The effect of health insurance coverage on medical care utilization and health outcomes: Evidence from Medicaid adult vision benefits
by Lipton, Brandy J. & Decker, Sandra L.
2015, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-12 Understanding the effect of retirement on health: Mechanisms and heterogeneity
by Eibich, Peter
- 13-26 What explains DRG upcoding in neonatology? The roles of financial incentives and infant health
by Jürges, Hendrik & Köberlein, Juliane
- 27-44 Mandatory labels, taxes and market forces: An empirical evaluation of fat policies
by Allais, Olivier & Etilé, Fabrice & Lecocq, Sébastien
- 45-55 Social security income and the utilization of home care: Evidence from the social security notch
by Tsai, Yuping
- 56-73 Old boys’ network in general practitioners’ referral behavior?
by Hackl, Franz & Hummer, Michael & Pruckner, Gerald J.
- 74-84 Heterogeneity and the effect of mental health parity mandates on the labor market
by Andersen, Martin
- 85-102 The effects of paid maternity leave: Evidence from Temporary Disability Insurance
by Stearns, Jenna
- 103-117 Financial incentives for kidney donation: A comparative case study using synthetic controls
by Bilgel, Fırat & Galle, Brian
- 118-127 Hospital sector choice and support for public hospital care in New Zealand: Results from a labeled discrete choice survey
by Brown, Paul & Panattoni, Laura & Cameron, Linda & Knox, Stephanie & Ashton, Toni & Tenbensel, Tim & Windsor, John
- 128-139 Immigration policy and birth weight: Positive externalities in Italian law
by Salmasi, Luca & Pieroni, Luca
- 140-153 Do immigrants improve the health of natives?
by Giuntella, Osea & Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 154-169 Financial incentives in health: New evidence from India's Janani Suraksha Yojana
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Mazumdar, Sumit & Mills, Anne
- 170-189 Workplace health promotion and labour market performance of employees
by Huber, Martin & Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny
- 190-203 Short-run effects of job loss on health conditions, health insurance, and health care utilization
by Schaller, Jessamyn & Stevens, Ann Huff
- 204-228 The effect of health insurance on workers’ compensation filing: Evidence from the affordable care act's age-based threshold for dependent coverage
by Dillender, Marcus
- 229-243 Estimating sign-dependent societal preferences for quality of life
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & l’Haridon, Olivier & Pinto, Jose Luis
- 244-268 An economy of scales: A selective review of obesity's economic causes, consequences, and solutions
by Cawley, John
2015, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-16 Information disclosure and peer effects in the use of antibiotics
by Kwon, Illoong & Jun, Daesung
- 17-28 Recessions, healthy no more?
by Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 29-43 Education and health: The role of cognitive ability
by Bijwaard, Govert E. & van Kippersluis, Hans & Veenman, Justus
- 44-63 The intensive margin of technology adoption – Experimental evidence on improved cooking stoves in rural Senegal
by Bensch, Gunther & Peters, Jörg
- 64-80 The effect of medical marijuana laws on adolescent and adult use of marijuana, alcohol, and other substances
by Wen, Hefei & Hockenberry, Jason M. & Cummings, Janet R.
- 81-89 The interaction of direct and indirect risk selection
by Lorenz, Normann
- 90-103 Environmental regulations on air pollution in China and their impact on infant mortality
by Tanaka, Shinsuke
- 104-114 How do health insurer market concentration and bargaining power with hospitals affect health insurance premiums?
by Trish, Erin E. & Herring, Bradley J.
- 115-124 Does women's education affect breast cancer risk and survival? Evidence from a population based social experiment in education
by Palme, Mårten & Simeonova, Emilia
- 125-138 Peer effects, fast food consumption and adolescent weight gain
by Fortin, Bernard & Yazbeck, Myra
- 139-150 Unintended effects of reimbursement schedules in mental health care
by Douven, Rudy & Remmerswaal, Minke & Mosca, Ilaria
- 151-164 Health and agricultural productivity: Evidence from Zambia
by Fink, Günther & Masiye, Felix
- 165-173 Welfare implications of learning through solicitation versus diversification in health care
by Basu, Anirban
- 174-185 Short- and medium-term effects of informal care provision on female caregivers’ health
by Schmitz, Hendrik & Westphal, Matthias
- 186-196 Tobacco control campaign in Uruguay: Impact on smoking cessation during pregnancy and birth weight
by Harris, Jeffrey E. & Balsa, Ana Inés & Triunfo, Patricia
- 197-208 Financing and funding health care: Optimal policy and political implementability
by Nuscheler, Robert & Roeder, Kerstin
2015, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-14 Did the Affordable Care Act's dependent coverage mandate increase premiums?
by Depew, Briggs & Bailey, James
- 15-29 Investigating recent trends in the U.S. teen birth rate
by Kearney, Melissa S. & Levine, Phillip B.
- 30-45 Where have all the young men gone? Using sex ratios to measure fetal death rates
by Sanders, Nicholas J. & Stoecker, Charles
- 46-58 Does prescription drug coverage improve mental health? Evidence from Medicare Part D
by Ayyagari, Padmaja & Shane, Dan M.
- 59-71 The price elasticity of demand for heroin: Matched longitudinal and experimental evidence
by Olmstead, Todd A. & Alessi, Sheila M. & Kline, Brendan & Pacula, Rosalie Liccardo & Petry, Nancy M.
- 72-88 Do maximum waiting times guarantees change clinical priorities for elective treatment? Evidence from Scotland
by Nikolova, Silviya & Sinko, Arthur & Sutton, Matt
- 89-106 Optimal health insurance for multiple goods and time periods
by Ellis, Randall P. & Jiang, Shenyi & Manning, Willard G.
- 107-116 Understanding heterogeneity in the effects of birth weight on adult cognition and wages
by Justin Cook, C. & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 117-132 Fear itself: The effects of distressing economic news on birth outcomes
by Carlson, Kyle
- 133-147 Staffing subsidies and the quality of care in nursing homes
by Foster, Andrew D. & Lee, Yong Suk
2015, Volume 40, Issue C
- 1-9 Using provider performance incentives to increase HIV testing and counseling services in Rwanda
by de Walque, Damien & Gertler, Paul J. & Bautista-Arredondo, Sergio & Kwan, Ada & Vermeersch, Christel & de Dieu Bizimana, Jean & Binagwaho, Agnès & Condo, Jeanine
- 10-25 Public health insurance and disparate eligibility of spouses: The Medicare eligibility gap
by Witman, Allison
- 26-39 The heterogeneity of concentrated prescribing behavior: Theory and evidence from antipsychotics
by Berndt, Ernst R. & Gibbons, Robert S. & Kolotilin, Anton & Taub, Anna Levine
- 40-53 Hungry today, unhappy tomorrow? Childhood hunger and subjective wellbeing later in life
by Bertoni, Marco
- 54-68 Impacts of the Affordable Care Act dependent coverage provision on health-related outcomes of young adults
by Barbaresco, Silvia & Courtemanche, Charles J. & Qi, Yanling
- 69-82 Medicaid expansions for the working age disabled: Revisiting the crowd-out of private health insurance
by Wagner, Kathryn L.
- 83-96 Aggregation and the estimated effects of economic conditions on health
by Lindo, Jason M.
- 97-108 Physician responses to rising local unemployment rates: Healthcare provision to Medicare and privately insured patients
by He, Daifeng & McInerney, Melissa & Mellor, Jennifer
- 109-121 Who joins the network? Physicians’ resistance to take budgetary co-responsibility
by Rischatsch, Maurus
- 122-131 Long-term care insurance: Does experience matter?
by Coe, Norma B. & Skira, Meghan M. & Van Houtven, Courtney Harold
- 132-140 Allergy test: Seasonal allergens and performance in school
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 141-158 The role of marriage in the causal pathway from economic conditions early in life to mortality
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Gupta, Sumedha