Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
2018, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-25 Is it good to be too light? Birth weight thresholds in hospital reimbursement systems
by Reif, Simon & Wichert, Sebastian & Wuppermann, Amelie
- 26-45 The effect of workforce assignment on performance: Evidence from home health care
by David, Guy & Kim, Kunhee Lucy
- 46-59 It's about time: Cesarean sections and neonatal health
by Costa-Ramón, Ana María & Rodríguez-González, Ana & Serra-Burriel, Miquel & Campillo-Artero, Carlos
- 60-77 The economics of patient-centered care
by David, Guy & Saynisch, Philip A. & Smith-McLallen, Aaron
- 78-90 Job loss, firm-level heterogeneity and mortality: Evidence from administrative data
by Bloemen, Hans & Hochguertel, Stefan & Zweerink, Jochem
- 91-108 Can natural gas save lives? Evidence from the deployment of a fuel delivery system in a developing country
by Cesur, Resul & Tekin, Erdal & Ulker, Aydogan
- 109-124 Patient cost-sharing, socioeconomic status, and children's health care utilization
by Nilsson, Anton & Paul, Alexander
- 125-138 Are coresidence and nursing homes substitutes? Evidence from Medicaid spend-down provisions
by Mommaerts, Corina
- 139-152 The effect of hospital acquisitions of physician practices on prices and spending
by Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Ody, Christopher
- 153-177 Violence, selection and infant mortality in Congo
by Dagnelie, Olivier & Luca, Giacomo Davide De & Maystadt, Jean-François
2018, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-9 First do no harm – The impact of financial incentives on dental X-rays
by Chalkley, Martin & Listl, Stefan
- 10-17 Female babies and risk-aversion: Causal evidence from hospital wards
by Pogrebna, Ganna & Oswald, Andrew J. & Haig, David
- 18-28 The Great Recession and Workers’ Health Benefits
by Koh, Kanghyock
- 29-42 Do medical marijuana laws reduce addictions and deaths related to pain killers?
by Powell, David & Pacula, Rosalie Liccardo & Jacobson, Mireille
- 43-66 Does long-term care subsidization reduce hospital admissions and utilization?
by Costa-Font, Joan & Jimenez-Martin, Sergi & Vilaplana, Cristina
- 67-75 Allocation rules for global donors
by Morton, Alec & Arulselvan, Ashwin & Thomas, Ranjeeta
- 76-89 Children’s education and parental old age survival – Quasi-experimental evidence on the intergenerational effects of human capital investment
by De Neve, Jan-Walter & Fink, Günther
- 90-109 Nurse practitioner independence, health care utilization, and health outcomes
by Traczynski, Jeffrey & Udalova, Victoria
- 110-122 Can amputation save the hospital? The impact of the Medicare Rural Flexibility Program on demand and welfare
by Gowrisankaran, Gautam & Lucarelli, Claudio & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp & Town, Robert
- 123-143 The effects of immigration on NHS waiting times
by Giuntella, Osea & Nicodemo, Catia & Vargas-Silva, Carlos
- 144-150 Competitive long-term health insurance
by Wiseman, Thomas
- 151-175 Employment, job skills and occupational mobility of cancer survivors
by Heinesen, Eskil & Imai, Susumu & Maruyama, Shiko
- 176-187 Getting a healthy start: The effectiveness of targeted benefits for improving dietary choices
by Griffith, Rachel & von Hinke, Stephanie & Smith, Sarah
- 188-201 Giving and promising gifts: Experimental evidence on reciprocity from the field
by Brock, J. Michelle & Lange, Andreas & Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 202-214 Can financial incentives help people trying to establish new habits? Experimental evidence with new gym members
by Carrera, Mariana & Royer, Heather & Stehr, Mark & Sydnor, Justin
- 215-227 Does postponing minimum retirement age improve healthy behaviors before retirement? Evidence from middle-aged Italian workers
by Bertoni, Marco & Brunello, Giorgio & Mazzarella, Gianluca
- 228-252 Increasing breast-cancer screening uptake: A randomized controlled experiment
by Goldzahl, Léontine & Hollard, Guillaume & Jusot, Florence
- 253-268 Kingpin approaches to fighting crime and community violence: Evidence from Mexico's drug war
by Lindo, Jason M. & Padilla-Romo, María
- 269-283 Evaluating the effects of a targeted home visiting program on maternal and child health outcomes
by Sandner, Malte & Cornelissen, Thomas & Jungmann, Tanja & Herrmann, Peggy
2018, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-14 Heterogeneity in the impact of type of schooling on adult health and lifestyle
by Basu, Anirban & Jones, Andrew M. & Dias, Pedro Rosa
- 15-30 Is retirement good for men’s health? Evidence using a change in the retirement age in Israel
by Shai, Ori
- 31-44 The effect of smoking on obesity: Evidence from a randomized trial
by Courtemanche, Charles & Tchernis, Rusty & Ukert, Benjamin
- 45-59 Your retirement and my health behavior: Evidence on retirement externalities from a fuzzy regression discontinuity design
by Müller, Tobias & Shaikh, Mujaheed
- 60-74 Health care expenditures, age, proximity to death and morbidity: Implications for an ageing population
by Howdon, Daniel & Rice, Nigel
- 75-88 Does health insurance coverage fall when nonprofit insurers become for-profits?
by Lieber, Ethan M.J.
- 90-101 Does disease cause vaccination? Disease outbreaks and vaccination response
by Oster, Emily
- 102-112 Can technology really help to reduce underage drinking? New evidence on the effects of false ID laws with scanner provisions
by Zheng, Emily Yiying
- 113-130 The effect of weight on mental health: New evidence using genetic IVs
by Willage, Barton
- 131-146 Managing imperfect competition by pay for performance and reference pricing
by Mak, Henry Y.
- 147-167 Returns to specialization: Evidence from the outpatient surgery market
by Munnich, Elizabeth L. & Parente, Stephen T.
- 168-178 Decomposition of moral hazard
by Nyman, John A. & Koc, Cagatay & Dowd, Bryan E. & McCreedy, Ellen & Trenz, Helen Markelova
- 179-190 If looks could heal: Child health and paternal investment
by Tracey, Marlon R. & Polachek, Solomon W.
- 195-205 The Vaccination Kuznets Curve: Do vaccination rates rise and fall with income?
by Sakai, Yutaro
- 206-220 Intergenerational transmission of human capital: Is it a one-way street?
by Lundborg, Petter & Majlesi, Kaveh
- 221-235 Causes and consequences of teen childbearing: Evidence from a reproductive health intervention in South Africa
by Branson, Nicola & Byker, Tanya
- 236-248 Unemployment, drugs and attitudes among European youth
by Ayllón, Sara & Ferreira-Batista, Natalia N.
- 249-262 The benefits of avoiding cancer (or dying from cancer): Evidence from a four- country study
by Alberini, Anna & Ščasný, Milan
- 263-276 Local neighbors as positives, regional neighbors as negatives: Competing channels in the relationship between others’ income, health, and happiness
by Ifcher, John & Zarghamee, Homa & Graham, Carol
- 277-289 Legal access to alcohol and criminality
by Hansen, Benjamin & Waddell, Glen R.
- 290-314 Socioeconomic inequality of access to healthcare: Does choice explain the gradient?
by Moscelli, Giuseppe & Siciliani, Luigi & Gutacker, Nils & Cookson, Richard
- 315-331 Income-related health transfers principles and orderings of joint distributions of income and health
by Khaled, Mohamad A. & Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra
2017, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-18 Informal care and long-term labor market outcomes
by Schmitz, Hendrik & Westphal, Matthias
- 19-29 Tiered co-payments, pricing, and demand in reference price markets for pharmaceuticals
by Herr, Annika & Suppliet, Moritz
- 30-46 Does cyberbullying impact youth suicidal behaviors?
by Nikolaou, Dimitrios
- 47-60 The hidden costs of terrorism: The effects on health at birth
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Ródenas-Serrano, Pedro
- 61-70 Mortality and the business cycle: Evidence from individual and aggregated data
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & von Hinke, Stephanie & Lindeboom, Maarten & Lissdaniels, Johannes & Sundquist, Jan & Sundquist, Kristina
- 71-86 Do individuals respond to cost-sharing subsidies in their selections of marketplace health insurance plans?
by DeLeire, Thomas & Chappel, Andre & Finegold, Kenneth & Gee, Emily
- 87-102 Concordance of health states in couples: Analysis of self-reported, nurse administered and blood-based biomarker data in the UK Understanding Society panel
by Davillas, Apostolos & Pudney, Stephen
- 103-112 Spillover effect of Japanese long-term care insurance as an employment promotion policy for family caregivers
by Fu, Rong & Noguchi, Haruko & Kawamura, Akira & Takahashi, Hideto & Tamiya, Nanako
- 113-125 Retirement and cognitive decline. A longitudinal analysis using SHARE data
by Celidoni, Martina & Dal Bianco, Chiara & Weber, Guglielmo
- 126-144 Public health regulation and mortality: Evidence from early 20th century milk laws
by Komisarow, Sarah
- 145-162 The Engine And The Reaper: Industrialization And Mortality In Late Nineteenth Century Japan
by Tang, John P.
- 163-177 Healthcare investment and income inequality
by Bhattacharjee, Ayona & Shin, Jong Kook & Subramanian, Chetan & Swaminathan, Shailender
- 178-190 The effect of e-cigarette indoor vaping restrictions on adult prenatal smoking and birth outcomes
by Cooper, Michael T. & Pesko, Michael F.
- 191-200 Illness-related absence among preschool children: Insights from a health intervention in Swedish preschools
by Hall, Caroline & Lindahl, Erica
- 201-221 The moral hazard effects of consumer responses to targeted cost-sharing
by Whaley, Christopher M. & Guo, Chaoran & Brown, Timothy T.
- 222-233 Macroeconomic conditions and opioid abuse
by Hollingsworth, Alex & Ruhm, Christopher J. & Simon, Kosali
- 237-255 Measuring efficiency of health plan payment systems in managed competition health insurance markets
by Layton, Timothy J. & Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G. & van Kleef, Richard
- 256-258 Risk adjustment with an outside option
by Newhouse, Joseph P.
- 259-280 Imperfect risk adjustment, risk preferences, and sorting in competitive health insurance markets
by Layton, Timothy J.
- 281-291 Paying Medicare Advantage plans: To level or tilt the playing field
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 292-316 Medicaid program choice, inertia and adverse selection
by Marton, James & Yelowitz, Aaron & Talbert, Jeffery C.
- 317-329 Supplemental health insurance in the Colombian managed care system: Adverse or advantageous selection?
by Bardey, David & Buitrago, Giancarlo
- 330-351 Introducing risk adjustment and free health plan choice in employer-based health insurance: Evidence from Germany
by Pilny, Adam & Wübker, Ansgar & Ziebarth, Nicolas R.
- 352-367 Demand elasticities and service selection incentives among competing private health plans
by Ellis, Randall P. & Martins, Bruno & Zhu, Wenjia
- 368-382 Does Part D abet advantageous selection in Medicare Advantage?
by Han, Tony & Lavetti, Kurt
- 383-396 Insurers’ response to selection risk: Evidence from Medicare enrollment reforms
by Decarolis, Francesco & Guglielmo, Andrea
- 397-413 Plan responses to diagnosis-based payment: Evidence from Germany’s morbidity-based risk adjustment
by Bauhoff, Sebastian & Fischer, Lisa & Göpffarth, Dirk & Wuppermann, Amelie C.
2017, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-13 Reputational concerns with altruistic providers
by Olivella, Pau & Siciliani, Luigi
- 14-29 Financial risk protection from social health insurance
by Barnes, Kayleigh & Mukherji, Arnab & Mullen, Patrick & Sood, Neeraj
- 30-44 Vitamin panacea: Is advertising fueling demand for products with uncertain scientific benefit?
by Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Avery, Rosemary J. & Cantor, Jonathan H.
- 45-60 The spillover effects of health insurance benefit mandates on public insurance coverage: Evidence from veterans
by Li, Xiaoxue & Ye, Jinqi
- 61-75 The long term effects of “Consumer-Directed” health plans on preventive care use
by Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Haviland, Amelia M. & Mehrotra, Ateev & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Sood, Neeraj
- 76-94 The impact of team-based primary care on health care services utilization and costs: Quebec’s family medicine groups
by Strumpf, Erin & Ammi, Mehdi & Diop, Mamadou & Fiset-Laniel, Julie & Tousignant, Pierre
- 95-107 Endogenous information, adverse selection, and prevention: Implications for genetic testing policy
by Peter, Richard & Richter, Andreas & Thistle, Paul
- 108-120 Wolves in sheep’s clothing: Is non-profit status used to signal quality?
by Jones, Daniel B. & Propper, Carol & Smith, Sarah
- 121-138 Discharge on the day of birth, parental response and health and schooling outcomes
by Sievertsen, Hans Henrik & Wüst, Miriam
- 139-152 Econometric modelling of multiple self-reports of health states: The switch from EQ-5D-3L to EQ-5D-5L in evaluating drug therapies for rheumatoid arthritis
by Hernández-Alava, Mónica & Pudney, Stephen
- 153-167 Do health insurers innovate? Evidence from the anatomy of physician payments
by Clemens, Jeffrey & Gottlieb, Joshua D. & Molnár, Tímea Laura
- 168-185 Family planning funding cuts and teen childbearing
by Packham, Analisa
- 186-200 Is it who you are or where you live? Residential segregation and racial gaps in childhood asthma
by Alexander, Diane & Currie, Janet
- 201-218 Competitive effects of scope of practice restrictions: Public health or public harm?
by Markowitz, Sara & Adams, E. Kathleen & Lewitt, Mary Jane & Dunlop, Anne L.
- 219-231 Impact of caregiver incentives on child health: Evidence from an experiment with Anganwadi workers in India
by Singh, Prakarsh & Masters, William A.
- 232-243 Health care demand elasticities by type of service
by Ellis, Randall P. & Martins, Bruno & Zhu, Wenjia
- 244-261 The market for paid sick leave
by Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 262-273 Health insurance subsidies and deductible choice: Evidence from regional variation in subsidy schemes
by Kaufmann, Cornel & Schmid, Christian & Boes, Stefan
2017, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-16 Why does the health of Mexican immigrants deteriorate? New evidence from linked birth records
by Giuntella, Osea
- 17-24 Bans on electronic cigarette sales to minors and smoking among high school students
by Abouk, Rahi & Adams, Scott
- 25-39 Uncovering waste in US healthcare
by Doyle, Joseph J. & Graves, John A. & Gruber, Jonathan
- 40-55 Health shocks and their long-lasting impact on health behaviors: Evidence from the 2009 H1N1 pandemic in Mexico
by Agüero, Jorge M. & Beleche, Trinidad
- 56-65 Promoting innovation in small markets: Evidence from the market for rare and intractable diseases
by Iizuka, Toshiaki & Uchida, Gyo
- 66-78 Retirement blues
by Heller-Sahlgren, Gabriel
- 79-90 The gender gap in mortality: How much is explained by behavior?
by Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo
- 91-97 Solving the kidney shortage via the creation of kidney donation co-operatives
by Eames, K.C. & Holder, Patrick & Zambrano, Eduardo
- 98-123 On the road to recovery: Gasoline content regulations and child health
by Marcus, Michelle
- 124-134 Justification bias in self-reported disability: New evidence from panel data
by Black, Nicole & Johnston, David W. & Suziedelyte, Agne
- 135-146 The effect of spending cuts on teen pregnancy
by Paton, David & Wright, Liam
- 147-160 The health consequences of aerial spraying illicit crops: The case of Colombia
by Camacho, Adriana & Mejía, Daniel
- 161-175 Is the Rational Addiction model inherently impossible to estimate?
by Laporte, Audrey & Dass, Adrian Rohit & Ferguson, Brian S.
2017, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-16 Medicaid, family spending, and the financial implications of crowd-out
by Dillender, Marcus
- 17-37 Did Medicare Part D reduce mortality?
by Huh, Jason & Reif, Julian
- 38-52 Mitigating the consequences of a health condition: The role of intra- and interhousehold assistance
by Dalton, Michael & LaFave, Daniel
- 53-71 The effect of prices on nutrition: Comparing the impact of product- and nutrient-specific taxes
by Harding, Matthew & Lovenheim, Michael
- 72-86 Premium subsidies, the mandate, and Medicaid expansion: Coverage effects of the Affordable Care Act
by Frean, Molly & Gruber, Jonathan & Sommers, Benjamin D.
- 87-99 Safety regulation in professional football: Empirical evidence of intended and unintended consequences
by Hanson, Andrew & Jolly, Nicholas A. & Peterson, Jeremy
- 100-116 When public health intervention is not successful: Cost sharing, crowd-out, and selection in Korea's National Cancer Screening Program
by Kim, Hyuncheol Bryant & Lee, Sun-mi
- 117-130 War during childhood: The long run effects of warfare on health
by Akbulut-Yuksel, Mevlude
- 131-155 Effects of posted point-of-sale warnings on alcohol consumption during pregnancy and on birth outcomes
by Cil, Gulcan
2017, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-18 Health and work in the family: Evidence from spouses’ cancer diagnoses
by Jeon, Sung-Hee & Pohl, R. Vincent
- 19-32 How vertical integration affects the quantity and cost of care for Medicare beneficiaries
by Koch, Thomas G. & Wendling, Brett W. & Wilson, Nathan E.
- 33-44 Employment effects of active labor market programs for sick-listed workers
by Holm, Anders & Høgelund, Jan & Gørtz, Mette & Rasmussen, Kristin Storck & Houlberg, Helle Sofie Bøje
- 45-62 Effectiveness of vaccination recommendations versus mandates: Evidence from the hepatitis A vaccine
by Lawler, Emily C.
- 63-73 Economic conditions, illicit drug use, and substance use disorders in the United States
by Carpenter, Christopher S. & McClellan, Chandler B. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 74-94 Do hospital mergers reduce costs?
by Schmitt, Matt
2017, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-12 The role of imperfect surrogate endpoint information in drug approval and reimbursement decisions
by Bognar, Katalin & Romley, John A. & Bae, Jay P. & Murray, James & Chou, Jacquelyn W. & Lakdawalla, Darius N.
- 13-25 Claims-shifting: The problem of parallel reimbursement regimes
by Fomenko, Olesya & Gruber, Jonathan
- 26-40 The long-term health impacts of Medicaid and CHIP
by Thompson, Owen
- 41-65 Non-separable time preferences, novelty consumption and body weight: Theory and evidence from the East German transition to capitalism
by Dragone, Davide & Ziebarth, Nicolas R.
- 66-83 Effects of payment reform in more versus less competitive markets
by Sood, Neeraj & Alpert, Abby & Barnes, Kayleigh & Huckfeldt, Peter & Escarce, José J.
- 84-97 Damage caps and defensive medicine, revisited
by Paik, Myungho & Black, Bernard & Hyman, David A.
- 98-112 Dropped out or pushed out? Insurance market exit and provider market power in Medicare Advantage
by Pelech, Daria
2016, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of hospital/physician integration on hospital choice
by Baker, Laurence C. & Bundorf, M. Kate & Kessler, Daniel P.
- 9-26 Non-monotonic health behaviours – implications for individual health-related behaviour in a demand-for-health framework
by Bolin, Kristian & Lindgren, Björn
- 27-35 Including health insurance in poverty measurement: The impact of Massachusetts health reform on poverty
by Korenman, Sanders D. & Remler, Dahlia K.
- 36-46 Do hospital-owned skilled nursing facilities provide better post-acute care quality?
by Rahman, Momotazur & Norton, Edward C. & Grabowski, David C.
- 47-58 Eliminating composite bias in treatment effects estimates: Applications to quality of life assessment
by McCarthy, Ian M.
- 59-70 Quality rating and private-prices: Evidence from the nursing home industry
by Huang, Sean Shenghsiu & Hirth, Richard A.
- 71-85 How product standardization affects choice: Evidence from the Massachusetts Health Insurance Exchange
by Ericson, Keith M. Marzilli & Starc, Amanda
- 86-98 The effect of narrow provider networks on health care use
by Atwood, Alicia & Lo Sasso, Anthony T.
- 99-114 The effect of college education on mortality
by Buckles, Kasey & Hagemann, Andreas & Malamud, Ofer & Morrill, Melinda & Wozniak, Abigail
- 115-130 Asymmetric information and user orientation in general practice: Exploring the agency relationship in a best–worst scaling study
by Pedersen, Line Bjørnskov & Hess, Stephane & Kjær, Trine
- 131-143 The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act evaluation study: Impact on specialty behavioral health utilization and expenditures among “carve-out” enrollees
by Ettner, Susan L. & M. Harwood, Jessica & Thalmayer, Amber & Ong, Michael K. & Xu, Haiyong & Bresolin, Michael J. & Wells, Kenneth B. & Tseng, Chi-Hong & Azocar, Francisca
- 144-155 Does the extension of primary care practice opening hours reduce the use of emergency services?
by Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Mammi, Irene & Ugolini, Cristina
- 156-170 Health shocks and risk aversion
by Decker, Simon & Schmitz, Hendrik
- 171-182 Doctor–patient differences in risk and time preferences: A field experiment
by Galizzi, Matteo M. & Miraldo, Marisa & Stavropoulou, Charitini & van der Pol, Marjon
- 183-197 Do working conditions at older ages shape the health gradient?
by Schmitz, Lauren L.
- 198-212 A soft pillow for hard times? Economic insecurity, food intake and body weight in Russia
by Staudigel, Matthias
- 213-229 Incentives and children's dietary choices: A field experiment in primary schools
by Belot, Michèle & James, Jonathan & Nolen, Patrick
- 230-246 Choice of hospital: Which type of quality matters?
by Gutacker, Nils & Siciliani, Luigi & Moscelli, Giuseppe & Gravelle, Hugh
- 247-255 The value of disease prevention vs treatment
by Rheinberger, Christoph M. & Herrera-Araujo, Daniel & Hammitt, James K.
- 258-267 Earmarking and the political support of fat taxes
by Cremer, Helmuth & Goulão, Catarina & Roeder, Kerstin
- 268-285 Quality standards versus nutritional taxes: Health and welfare impacts with strategic firms
by Réquillart, Vincent & Soler, Louis-Georges & Zang, Yu
- 286-297 Private versus social incentives for pharmaceutical innovation
by González, Paula & Macho-Stadler, Inés & Pérez-Castrillo, David
- 298-311 Late-stage pharmaceutical R&D and pricing policies under two-stage regulation
by Jobjörnsson, Sebastian & Forster, Martin & Pertile, Paolo & Burman, Carl-Fredrik
- 312-329 Reference pricing with endogenous generic entry
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Canta, Chiara & Straume, Odd Rune
- 330-339 The design of long term care insurance contracts
by Cremer, Helmuth & Lozachmeur, Jean-Marie & Pestieau, Pierre
- 340-357 Long-term care and births timing
by Pestieau, Pierre & Ponthiere, Gregory
- 358-371 Competition and screening with motivated health professionals
by Barigozzi, Francesca & Burani, Nadia
- 372-387 Patient mobility and health care quality when regions and patients differ in income
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Levaggi, Rosella & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune
2016, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-13 You sneeze, you lose:
by Bensnes, Simon Søbstad
- 14-27 The tax-free year in Iceland: A natural experiment to explore the impact of a short-term increase in labor supply on the risk of heart attacks
by Ólafsdóttir, Thorhildur & Hrafnkelsson, Birgir & Thorgeirsson, Gudmundur & Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey
- 28-45 The anticipatory effects of Medicare Part D on drug utilization
by Alpert, Abby
- 46-58 Shock, but no shift: Hospitals' responses to changes in patient insurance mix
by Wagner, Kathryn L.
- 59-69 Quantile treatment effects of job loss on health
by Schiele, Valentin & Schmitz, Hendrik
- 70-75 Donor registries, first-person consent legislation, and the supply of deceased organ donors
by Callison, Kevin & Levin, Adelin
- 76-96 Life cycle responses to health insurance status
by Pelgrin, Florian & St-Amour, Pascal
- 97-108 Decision rules for allocation of finances to health systems strengthening
by Morton, Alec & Thomas, Ranjeeta & Smith, Peter C.
- 109-119 Privatization and quality: Evidence from elderly care in Sweden
by Bergman, Mats A. & Johansson, Per & Lundberg, Sofia & Spagnolo, Giancarlo
- 120-135 Cost savings of developmental screenings: Evidence from a nationwide program
by Halla, Martin & Pruckner, Gerald J. & Schober, Thomas
- 136-152 Competition, information, and quality: Evidence from nursing homes
by Zhao, Xin
- 153-168 Risk selection and heterogeneous preferences in health insurance markets with a public option
by Polyakova, Maria
- 169-183 GPs' implicit prioritization through clinical choices – evidence from three national health services
by Riise, Julie & Hole, Arne Risa & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Skåtun, Diane
- 184-192 The value of mortality risk reductions. Pure altruism – a confounder?
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Kjær, Trine & Seested Nielsen, Jytte
- 193-208 Can increased primary care access reduce demand for emergency care? Evidence from England's 7-day GP opening
by Dolton, Peter & Pathania, Vikram
2016, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-15 Cost versus control: Understanding ownership through outsourcing in hospitals
by Dalton, Christina Marsh & Warren, Patrick L.
- 16-25 Why has under-5 mortality decreased at such different rates in different countries?
by Jamison, Dean T. & Murphy, Shane M. & Sandbu, Martin E.
- 26-43 Job mobility among parents of children with chronic health conditions: Early effects of the 2010 Affordable Care Act
by Chatterji, Pinka & Brandon, Peter & Markowitz, Sara
- 44-60 Improving efficiency or impairing access? Health care consolidation and quality of care: Evidence from emergency hospital closures in Sweden
by Avdic, Daniel
- 61-73 The impact of financing of screening tests on utilization and outcomes: The case of amniocentesis
by Shurtz, Ity & Brzezinski, Amnon & Frumkin, Ayala
- 74-88 Health insurance and the demand for medical care: Instrumental variable estimates using health insurer claims data
by Dunn, Abe
- 89-106 A general method for decomposing the causes of socioeconomic inequality in health
by Heckley, Gawain & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Kjellsson, Gustav
- 107-120 How to sell a condom? The impact of demand creation tools on male and female condom sales in resource limited settings
by Terris-Prestholt, Fern & Windmeijer, Frank
- 121-134 An elicitation of utility for quality of life under prospect theory
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & l’Haridon, Olivier & Pinto, Jose Luis
- 135-148 Village sanitation and child health: Effects and external validity in a randomized field experiment in rural India
by Hammer, Jeffrey & Spears, Dean
- 149-165 Solving shortage in a priceless market: Insights from blood donation
by Sun, Tianshu & Lu, Susan Feng & Jin, Ginger Zhe
2016, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-19 Tradeoffs in the design of health plan payment systems: Fit, power and balance
by Geruso, Michael & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 20-33 Innovation in the pharmaceutical industry: New estimates of R&D costs
by DiMasi, Joseph A. & Grabowski, Henry G. & Hansen, Ronald W.
- 34-49 Assaults, murders and walkers: The impact of violent crime on physical activity
by Janke, Katharina & Propper, Carol & Shields, Michael A.
- 50-63 Health insurance and diversity of treatment
by Bardey, David & Jullien, Bruno & Lozachmeur, Jean-Marie
- 64-80 Provider practice style and patient health outcomes: The case of heart attacks
by Currie, Janet & MacLeod, W. Bentley & Van Parys, Jessica
- 81-106 Mandate-based health reform and the labor market: Evidence from the Massachusetts reform
by Kolstad, Jonathan T. & Kowalski, Amanda E.
2016, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-15 Catastrophic medical expenditure risk
by Flores, Gabriela & O’Donnell, Owen
- 16-32 Insuring against health shocks: Health insurance and household choices
by Liu, Kai
- 33-51 Do “Consumer-Directed” health plans bend the cost curve over time?
by Haviland, Amelia M. & Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Mehrotra, Ateev & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Sood, Neeraj
- 52-69 Effects of Medicaid disease management programs on medical expenditures: Evidence from a natural experiment in Georgia
by Kranker, Keith
- 70-89 Does the benefits schedule of cash assistance programs affect the purchase of temptation goods? Evidence from Peru
by White, Justin S. & Basu, Sanjay
- 90-99 The fatality and morbidity components of the value of statistical life
by Gentry, Elissa Philip & Viscusi, W. Kip
- 100-119 Growth and welfare effects of health care in knowledge-based economies
by Kuhn, Michael & Prettner, Klaus
- 120-130 Testing for changes in the SES-mortality gradient when the distribution of education changes too
by Goldring, Thomas & Lange, Fabian & Richards-Shubik, Seth
2016, Volume 45, Issue C