Innovation in the pharmaceutical industry: New estimates of R&D costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferraro, J. & Towse, A. & Mestre-Ferrandiz, J., 2017. "Incentives for New Drugs to Tackle Anti-Microbial Resistance," Briefings 001842, Office of Health Economics.
- Kristopher J. Hult, 2017. "Measuring the Potential Health Impact of Personalized Medicine: Evidence from MS Treatments," NBER Working Papers 23900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:nbr:nberch:13990 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-017-0326-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:7:p:1255-1271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berdud, M. & Drummond, M.F & Towse, A., 2018. "Establishing a Reasonable Price for an Orphan Drug," Research Papers 002036, Office of Health Economics.
- Paolo Pertile & Simona Gamba & Martin Forster, 2018. "Free-Riding in Pharmaceutical Price Regulation: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 18/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Versaevel, Bruno, 2017. "One Lab, Two Firms, Many Possibilities: on R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," MPRA Paper 76903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:322-:d:128903 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jrisks:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:67-:d:155814 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fossett, Sarah J. & Wunnava, Phanindra V., 2017. "Active Ingredients: Exploring the Key Factors Affecting the Rising Cost of Developing New Drugs," IZA Discussion Papers 10817, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshua L. Krieger & Danielle Li & Dimitris Papanikolaou, 2018. "Developing Novel Drugs," NBER Working Papers 24595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jobjörnsson, Sebastian & Forster, Martin & Pertile, Paolo & Burman, Carl-Fredrik, 2016.
"Late-stage pharmaceutical R&D and pricing policies under two-stage regulation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 298-311.
- Sebastian Jobjornsson & Martin Forster & Paolo Pertile & Carl-Fredrik Burman, 2015. "Late-Stage Pharmaceutical R & D and Pricing Policies under Two-Stage Regulation," Discussion Papers 15/16, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Motkuri, Venkatanarayana & Mishra, Rudra Narayana, 2018. "National Drug Policy Face-off: Some Notes Justifying the Regulations and Drug Price Control Regime in India," MPRA Paper 84318, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Towse, A. & Hernandez-Villafuerte, K. & Shaw, B., 2018. "A Critique of the Paper "The Estimated Costs of Production and Potential Prices for the World Health Organization Essential Medicines List"," Consulting Reports 002015, Office of Health Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; R&D cost; Pharmaceutical industry; Discount rate; Technical success rates;
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:47:y:2016:i:c:p:20-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.