Journal of Health Economics
July 2010, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 489-498 Risk adjustment in health insurance and its long-term effectiveness
by Beck, Konstantin & Trottmann, Maria & Zweifel, Peter
- 499-507 Capping risk adjustment?
by Eugster, Patrick & Sennhauser, Michèle & Zweifel, Peter
- 508-523 Competition and quality in health care markets: A differential-game approach
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Cellini, Roberto & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune
- 524-535 Imperfect information in a quality-competitive hospital market
by Gravelle, Hugh & Sivey, Peter
- 536-540 Implications of an economic model of health states worse than dead
by Sharma, Rajiv & Stano, Miron
- 541-548 Increasing marginal utility of small increases in life-expectancy?: Results from a population survey
by Kvamme, Maria Knoph & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Olsen, Jan Abel & Kristiansen, Ivar Sønbø
- 549-556 Caring for and caring about: Disentangling the caregiver effect and the family effect
by Bobinac, Ana & van Exel, N. Job A. & Rutten, Frans F.H. & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
- 557-574 Toxic exposure in America: Estimating fetal and infant health outcomes from 14 years of TRI reporting
by Agarwal, Nikhil & Banternghansa, Chanont & Bui, Linda T.M.
- 575-584 The impacts of the rise of Paragraph IV challenges on startup alliance formation and firm value in the pharmaceutical industry
by Filson, Darren & Oweis, Ahmed
- 585-602 System-wide impacts of hospital payment reforms: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia
by Moreno-Serra, Rodrigo & Wagstaff, Adam
- 603-615 Population density and racial differences in the performance of emergency medical services
by David, Guy & Harrington, Scott E.
May 2010, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 333-346 An economic evaluation of the war on cancer
by Lakdawalla, Darius N. & Sun, Eric C. & Jena, Anupam B. & Reyes, Carolina M. & Goldman, Dana P. & Philipson, Tomas J.
- 347-352 The economics of intense exercise
by Meltzer, David O. & Jena, Anupam B.
- 353-363 Maternal employment and the health of low-income young children
by Gennetian, Lisa A. & Hill, Heather D. & London, Andrew S. & Lopoo, Leonard M.
- 364-376 The effect of children on adult demands for health-risk reductions
by Cameron, Trudy Ann & DeShazo, J.R. & Johnson, Erica H.
- 377-387 Long term effects of childhood asthma on adult health
by Fletcher, Jason M. & Green, Jeremy C. & Neidell, Matthew J.
- 388-403 Debt and depression
by Bridges, Sarah & Disney, Richard
- 404-417 The role of education in the production of health: An empirical analysis of smoking behavior
by Tenn, Steven & Herman, Douglas A. & Wendling, Brett
- 418-425 The effect of Medicare coverage for the disabled on the market for private insurance
by Cogan, John F. & Hubbard, R. Glenn & Kessler, Daniel P.
- 426-437 A limited-sample benchmark approach to assess and improve the performance of risk equalization models
by Stam, Pieter J.A. & van Vliet, René C.J.A. & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 438-444 Stockpiling anti-viral drugs for a pandemic: The role of Manufacturer Reserve Programs
by Harrington Jr., Joseph E. & Hsu, Edbert B.
- 445-456 Should new antimalarial drugs be subsidized?
by Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Parry, Ian W.H. & Smith, David L. & Klein, Eili Y.
- 457-467 Monitoring technology and firm boundaries: Physician-hospital integration and technology utilization
by McCullough, Jeffrey S. & Snir, Eli M.
- 468-477 Simulation sample sizes for Monte Carlo partial EVPI calculations
by Oakley, Jeremy E. & Brennan, Alan & Tappenden, Paul & Chilcott, Jim
March 2010, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 191-204 The puzzle of Muslim advantage in child survival in India
by Bhalotra, Sonia & Valente, Christine & van Soest, Arthur
- 205-212 Do red herrings swim in circles? Controlling for the endogeneity of time to death
by Felder, Stefan & Werblow, Andreas & Zweifel, Peter
- 213-225 Progress and compliance in alcohol abuse treatment
by Lien, Hsien-Ming & Lu, Mingshan & Albert Ma, Ching-To & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 226-240 Consequences of eliminating federal disability benefits for substance abusers
by Chatterji, Pinka & Meara, Ellen
- 241-249 Social host liability for minors and underage drunk-driving accidents
by Dills, Angela K.
- 250-267 Tolerance and HIV
by Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M.
- 268-284 Hyperbolic discounting, the sign effect, and the body mass index
by Ikeda, Shinsuke & Kang, Myong-Il & Ohtake, Fumio
- 285-302 The effects of a sick pay reform on absence and on health-related outcomes
by Puhani, Patrick A. & Sonderhof, Katja
- 303-316 Retail price regulation and innovation: Reference pricing in the pharmaceutical industry
by Bardey, D. & Bommier, A. & Jullien, B.
- 317-324 Why are junior doctors reluctant to consult attending physicians?
by Swank, Otto H.
- 325-328 The additive utility assumption of the QALY model revisited
by Gandjour, Afschin & Gafni, Amiram
- 329-331 A reply to Gandjour and Gafni
by Bleichrodt, Han & Filko, Martin
January 2010, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-28 Understanding differences in health behaviors by education
by Cutler, David M. & Lleras-Muney, Adriana
- 29-38 Does education reduce the probability of being overweight?
by Webbink, Dinand & Martin, Nicholas G. & Visscher, Peter M.
- 39-47 Childhood economic conditions and length of life: Evidence from the UK Boyd Orr cohort, 1937-2005
by Frijters, Paul & Hatton, Timothy J. & Martin, Richard M. & Shields, Michael A.
- 48-61 Behavioral impact of graduated driver licensing on teenage driving risk and exposure
by Karaca-Mandic, Pinar & Ridgeway, Greg
- 62-77 The fatal toll of driving to drink: The effect of minimum legal drinking age evasion on traffic fatalities
by Lovenheim, Michael F. & Slemrod, Joel
- 78-86 Longitudinal analysis of income-related health inequality
by Allanson, Paul & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Petrie, Dennis
- 87-109 Hospital closure and economic efficiency
by Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard C.
- 110-123 A flexible two-part random effects model for correlated medical costs
by Liu, Lei & Strawderman, Robert L. & Cowen, Mark E. & Shih, Ya-Chen T.
- 124-136 Physician incentives: Cure versus prevention
by De Jaegher, Kris
- 137-150 Monopoly pricing of an antibiotic subject to bacterial resistance
by Herrmann, Markus
- 151-157 Calculating the concentration index when income is grouped
by Clarke, Philip & Van Ourti, Tom
- 158-169 Does graded return-to-work improve sick-listed workers' chance of returning to regular working hours?
by Høgelund, Jan & Holm, Anders & McIntosh, James
- 170-181 Budgetary policies and available actions: A generalisation of decision rules for allocation and research decisions
by McKenna, Claire & Chalabi, Zaid & Epstein, David & Claxton, Karl
- 182-190 Who will care? Employment participation and willingness to supply informal care
by Carmichael, F. & Charles, S. & Hulme, C.
December 2009, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 1039-1047 The predictive validity of prospect theory versus expected utility in health utility measurement
by Abellan-Perpiñan, Jose Maria & Bleichrodt, Han & Pinto-Prades, Jose Luis
- 1048-1061 Health care deprivation profiles in the measurement of inequality and inequity: An application to GP fundholding in the English NHS
by Laudicella, Mauro & Cookson, Richard & Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel
- 1062-1070 A multivariate analysis of the distribution of individual's welfare in China: What is the role of health?
by Zhong, Hai
- 1071-1080 Equity in health care finance in Palestine: The triple effects revealed
by Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Luchini, Stéphane & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 1081-1098 Waiting-time targets in the healthcare sector: How long are we waiting?
by Dixon, Huw & Siciliani, Luigi
- 1099-1115 The public health costs of job loss
by Kuhn, Andreas & Lalive, Rafael & Zweimüller, Josef
- 1116-1125 Dynamics of health and labor market risks
by Haan, Peter & Myck, Michal
- 1126-1140 The formation and evolution of physician treatment styles: An application to cesarean sections
by Epstein, Andrew J. & Nicholson, Sean
- 1141-1153 Trials, tricks and transparency: How disclosure rules affect clinical knowledge
by Dahm, Matthias & González, Paula & Porteiro, Nicolás
- 1154-1165 Reacting to rankings: Evidence from "America's Best Hospitals"
by Pope, Devin G.
- 1166-1174 Patient education and the impact of new medical research
by Price, Joseph & Simon, Kosali
- 1175-1184 Driven to drink: Sin taxes near a border
by Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Larsen, Erling Røed & Sommervoll, Dag Einar
- 1185-1196 The determinants of sick leave durations of Dutch self-employed
by Spierdijk, Laura & van Lomwel, Gijsbert & Peppelman, Wilko
- 1197-1210 Do increased premium subsidies affect how much health insurance is purchased? Evidence from the self-employed
by Heim, Bradley T. & Lurie, Ithai Z.
September 2009, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 911-923 Curing Germany's health care system by mandatory health premia?
by Schubert, Stefanie & Schnabel, Reinhold
- 924-937 Hospital ownership and medical services: Market mix, spillover effects, and nonprofit objectives
by Horwitz, Jill R. & Nichols, Austin
- 938-949 Measuring the cost impact of hospital information systems: 1987-1994
by Borzekowski, Ron
- 950-962 R&D policy, agency costs and innovation in personalized medicine
by Yin, Wesley
- 963-970 Fast food costs and adolescent body mass index: Evidence from panel data
by Powell, Lisa M.
- 971-983 Bounding the effects of food insecurity on children's health outcomes
by Gundersen, Craig & Kreider, Brent
- 984-995 Rising mortality and life expectancy differentials by lifetime earnings in the United States
by Cristia, Julian P.
- 996-1011 Long-term labour-market performance of whiplash claimants
by Leth-Petersen, Søren & Rotger, Gabriel Pons
- 1012-1017 Coughs and sneezes spread diseases: An empirical study of absenteeism and infectious illness
by Barmby, Tim & Larguem, Makram
- 1018-1027 When are person tradeoffs valid?
by Doctor, Jason N. & Miyamoto, John & Bleichrodt, Han
- 1028-1037 Effects of immigration on the health insurance status of natives
by Pylypchuk, Yuriy
July 2009, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 761-770 The effect of parental Medicaid expansions on job mobility
by Hamersma, Sarah & Kim, Matthew
- 771-780 Do waiting times reduce hospital costs?
by Siciliani, Luigi & Stanciole, Anderson & Jacobs, Rowena
- 781-798 Rising cigarette prices and rising obesity: Coincidence or unintended consequence?
by Courtemanche, Charles
- 799-804 A rational eating model of binges, diets and obesity
by Dragone, Davide
- 805-817 Child health and the income gradient: Evidence from Australia
by Khanam, Rasheda & Nghiem, Hong Son & Connelly, Luke B.
- 818-830 Health and income across the life cycle and generations in Europe
by van Kippersluis, Hans & Van Ourti, Tom & O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 831-838 Public policies and motorcycle safety
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin & Homer, Jenny F.
- 839-854 Long-run labour market and health effects of individual sports activities
by Lechner, Michael
- 855-872 Does health aid matter?
by Mishra, Prachi & Newhouse, David
- 873-884 "If you have the flu symptoms, your asymptomatic spouse may better answer the willingness-to-pay question": Evidence from a double-bounded dichotomous choice model with heterogeneous anchoring
by Schwarzinger, Michaël & Carrat, Fabrice & Luchini, Stéphane
- 885-893 Can a single indicator measure both attainment and shortfall inequality?
by Erreygers, Guido
- 894-901 Hypothetical bias, cheap talk, and stated willingness to pay for health care
by Özdemir, Semra & Johnson, F. Reed & Hauber, A. Brett
- 902-907 The effect of reimbursement on medical decision making: Do physicians alter treatment in response to a managed care incentive?
by Melichar, Lori
- 908-909 Rational eating: A proposition revisited
by Levy, Amnon
May 2009, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 525-539 The effect of income growth and inequality on health inequality: Theory and empirical evidence from the European Panel
by Van Ourti, Tom & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Koolman, Xander
- 540-552 Comparing subjective and objective measures of health: Evidence from hypertension for the income/health gradient
by Johnston, David W. & Propper, Carol & Shields, Michael A.
- 553-562 Trying to estimate a monetary value for the QALY
by Pinto-Prades, Jose Luis & Loomes, Graham & Brey, Raul
- 563-569 The impact of real options on willingness to pay for mortality risk reductions
by Krüger, Niclas A. & Svensson, Mikael
- 570-577 Eliciting people's preferences for the distribution of health: A procedure for a more precise estimation of distributional weights
by Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 578-597 The impact of poor health on academic performance: New evidence using genetic markers
by Ding, Weili & Lehrer, Steven F. & Rosenquist, J.Niels & Audrain-McGovern, Janet
- 598-610 Bayesian and classical estimation of mixed logit: An application to genetic testing
by Regier, Dean A. & Ryan, Mandy & Phimister, Euan & Marra, Carlo A.
- 611-621 Eradicating diseases: The effect of conditional cash transfers on vaccination coverage in rural Nicaragua
by Barham, Tania & Maluccio, John A.
- 622-634 The impact of tax reforms designed to encourage healthier grain consumption
by Nordström, Jonas & Thunström, Linda
- 635-648 Age, socioeconomic status and obesity growth
by Baum II, Charles L. & Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 649-658 The incidence of the healthcare costs of obesity
by Bhattacharya, Jay & Bundorf, M. Kate
- 659-676 Anti-depressants and suicide
by Ludwig, Jens & Marcotte, Dave E. & Norberg, Karen
- 677-687 Migration and mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Stillman, Steven & McKenzie, David & Gibson, John
- 688-703 Air pollution and infant health: Lessons from New Jersey
by Currie, Janet & Neidell, Matthew & Schmieder, Johannes F.
- 704-717 Who has a clue to preventing the flu? Unravelling supply and demand effects on the take-up of influenza vaccinations
by Maurer, Jürgen
- 718-727 Do markets respond to quality information? The case of fertility clinics
by Bundorf, M. Kate & Chun, Natalie & Goda, Gopi Shah & Kessler, Daniel P.
- 728-736 Hopping on the methadone bus
by Lippert, Steffen & Schumacher, Christoph
- 737-747 Minimum drinking age laws and infant health outcomes
by Fertig, Angela R. & Watson, Tara
- 748-757 Nurses wanted: Is the job too harsh or is the wage too low?
by Di Tommaso, M.L. & Strøm, S. & Sæther, E.M.
- 758-759 Corrigendum to "The social welfare function and individual responsibility: Some theoretical issues and empirical evidence" [J. Health Econ. 28 (2009) 210-220]
by Dolan, Paul & Tsuchiya, Aki
March 2009, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 265-279 Health care utilisation in Europe: New evidence from the ECHP
by Bago d'Uva, Teresa & Jones, Andrew M.
- 280-289 Measurement of horizontal inequity in health care utilisation using European panel data
by Bago d'Uva, Teresa & Jones, Andrew M. & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 290-304 Rationing the public provision of healthcare in the presence of private supplements: Evidence from the Italian NHS
by Fabbri, Daniele & Monfardini, Chiara
- 305-321 Bailing out expectations and public health expenditure
by Bordignon, Massimo & Turati, Gilberto
- 322-340 Europe and central Asia's great post-communist social health insurance experiment: Aggregate impacts on health sector outcomes
by Wagstaff, Adam & Moreno-Serra, Rodrigo
- 341-349 Financial incentives and physicians' prescription decisions on the choice between brand-name and generic drugs: Evidence from Taiwan
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Yang, Yea-Huei Kao & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 350-360 Managed care's price bargaining with hospitals
by Wu, Vivian Y.
- 361-374 Direct versus indirect standardization in risk adjustment
by Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine
- 375-384 Tobacco taxes and regressivity
by Gospodinov, Nikolay & Irvine, Ian
- 385-397 Are mature smokers misinformed?
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Silverman, Dan & Sloan, Frank & Wang, Yang
- 398-412 Motorcycle helmets and traffic safety
by Dee, Thomas S.
- 413-426 Mother's education and child health: Is there a nurturing effect?
by Chen, Yuyu & Li, Hongbin
- 427-443 Rich and healthy--better than poor and sick?: An empirical analysis of income, health, and the duration of the pension benefit spell
by Hupfeld, Stefan
- 444-464 The value of a statistical life: A meta-analysis with a mixed effects regression model
by Bellavance, Franois & Dionne, Georges & Lebeau, Martin
- 465-480 The Disability Discrimination Act in the UK: Helping or hindering employment among the disabled?
by Bell, David & Heitmueller, Axel
- 481-491 Is there empirical evidence for "Defensive Medicine"? A reassessment
by Sloan, Frank A. & Shadle, John H.
- 492-503 Blood donation and the nature of altruism
by Wildman, John & Hollingsworth, Bruce
- 504-515 Correcting the Concentration Index
by Erreygers, Guido
- 516-520 Correcting the concentration index: A comment
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 521-524 Correcting the Concentration Index: A reply to Wagstaff
by Erreygers, Guido
January 2009, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-19 Extending health insurance to the rural population: An impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme
by Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Jun, Gao & Ling, Xu & Juncheng, Qian
- 20-34 Heterogeneous impact of the "Seguro Popular" program on the utilization of obstetrical services in Mexico, 2001-2006: A multinomial probit model with a discrete endogenous variable
by Sosa-Rubí, Sandra G. & Galárraga, Omar & Harris, Jeffrey E.
- 35-53 The impact of the Indonesian health card program: A matching estimator approach
by Johar, Meliyanni
- 54-72 The macroeconomics of targeting: the case of an enduring epidemic
by Bell, Clive & Gersbach, Hans
- 73-90 Unfair inequalities in health and health care
by Fleurbaey, Marc & Schokkaert, Erik
- 91-108 Chronic diseases and labour force participation in Australia
by Zhang, Xiaohui & Zhao, Xueyan & Harris, Anthony
- 109-131 Parental education and child health: Evidence from a schooling reform
by Lindeboom, Maarten & Llena-Nozal, Ana & van der Klaauw, Bas
- 132-142 Why parents worry: Initiation into cannabis use by youth and their educational attainment
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny
- 143-154 Does informal care from children to their elderly parents substitute for formal care in Europe?
by Bonsang, Eric
- 155-168 Does compulsory education lower mortality?
by Albouy, Valerie & Lequien, Laurent
- 169-175 Calculating concentration index with repetitive values of indicators of economic welfare
by Chen, Zhuo & Roy, Kakoli
- 176-197 Reference pricing and firms' pricing strategies
by Miraldo, Marisa
- 198-209 Shifted deductibles for high risks: More effective in reducing moral hazard than traditional deductibles
by van Kleef, R.C. & van de Ven, W.P.M.M. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 210-220 The social welfare function and individual responsibility: Some theoretical issues and empirical evidence
by Dolan, Paul & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 221-233 A comparative analysis of some policy options to reduce rationing in the UK's NHS: Lessons from a general equilibrium model incorporating positive health effects
by Rutten, Martine & Reed, Geoffrey
- 234-243 The correction of TTO-scores for utility curvature using a risk-free utility elicitation method
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
- 244-250 Physician financial incentives and cesarean delivery: New conclusions from the healthcare cost and utilization project
by Grant, Darren
- 251-254 Reply to Ralph Bradley, "Comment - Defining health insurance affordability: Unobserved heterogeneity matters"
by Bundorf, M. Kate & Pauly, Mark V.
- 255-264 Comment--Defining health insurance affordability: Unobserved heterogeneity matters
by Bradley, Ralph
December 2008, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 1407-1417 Moral hazard in insurance, value-based cost sharing, and the benefits of blissful ignorance
by Pauly, Mark V. & Blavin, Fredric E.
- 1418-1422 To wait or to pay for medical treatment? Restraining ex-post moral hazard in health insurance
by Felder, Stefan
- 1423-1435 Effect of public long-term care insurance on consumption, medical care demand, and welfare
by Ariizumi, Hideki
- 1436-1450 Physicians' multitasking and incentives: Empirical evidence from a natural experiment
by Dumont, Etienne & Fortin, Bernard & Jacquemet, Nicolas & Shearer, Bruce
- 1451-1461 Managed care and medical expenditures of Medicare beneficiaries
by Chernew, Michael & DeCicca, Philip & Town, Robert
- 1462-1471 Mortality and immortality: The Nobel Prize as an experiment into the effect of status upon longevity
by Rablen, Matthew D. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 1472-1488 Persistence in health limitations: A European comparative analysis
by Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel
- 1489-1502 An evaluation of the age-profile in the relationship between household income and the health of children in the United States
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 1503-1515 Smoking and social interaction
by Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R.
- 1516-1531 Does education induce healthy lifestyle?
by Park, Cheolsung & Kang, Changhui
- 1532-1550 Local labor market fluctuations and health: Is there a connection and for whom?
by Charles, Kerwin Kofi & DeCicca, Philip
- 1551-1566 Welfare reform, time limits, and infant health
by Leonard, Jonathan & Mas, Alexandre
- 1567-1581 Has public health insurance for older children reduced disparities in access to care and health outcomes?
by Currie, Janet & Decker, Sandra & Lin, Wanchuan
- 1582-1593 Progressivity, horizontal inequality and reranking caused by health system financing: A decomposition analysis for Switzerland
by Bilger, Marcel
- 1594-1604 Aversion to health inequalities and priority setting in health care
by Bleichrodt, Han & Crainich, David & Eeckhoudt, Louis
- 1605-1613 Decomposing the causes of inequalities in health care use: A micro-simulations approach
by Huber, Hélène
- 1614-1625 Inequality measurement for ordered response health data
by Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Yalcin, Tarik
- 1626-1644 Robustness in health research: Do differences in health measures, techniques, and time frame matter?
by Frijters, Paul & Ulker, Aydogan
- 1645-1649 Future costs in economic evaluation: A comment on Lee
by Feenstra, Talitha L. & van Baal, Pieter H.M. & Gandjour, Afshin & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
- 1650-1651 Thinking rigorously about future costs in cost effectiveness analysis
by Lee, Robert H.
September 2008, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 1143-1154 Ramsey waits: Allocating public health service resources when there is rationing by waiting
by Gravelle, Hugh & Siciliani, Luigi
- 1155-1167 Choice of contracts in the British National Health Service: An empirical study
by Chalkley, Martin & McVicar, Duncan
- 1168-1181 Do physician remuneration schemes matter? The case of Canadian family physicians
by Devlin, Rose Anne & Sarma, Sisira
- 1182-1195 Using global ratings of health plans to improve the quality of health care
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G. & Cao, Zhun & Zaslavsky, Alan
- 1196-1200 Supply-side risk adjustment and outlier payment policy
by Mougeot, Michel & Naegelen, Florence
- 1201-1207 Start spreading the news: A structural estimate of the effects of New York hospital report cards
by Dranove, David & Sfekas, Andrew
- 1208-1223 Hospital ownership and performance: Evidence from stroke and cardiac treatment in Taiwan
by Lien, Hsien-Ming & Chou, Shin-Yi & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 1224-1236 Cost-effectiveness analysis and innovation
by Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J.
- 1237-1249 New tests of QALYs when health varies over time
by Bleichrodt, Han & Filko, Martin
- 1250-1259 Incorporating model uncertainty in cost-effectiveness analysis: A Bayesian model averaging approach
by Negrin, Miguel A. & Vázquez-Polo, Francisco-José
- 1260-1274 Predicting health behaviors with an experimental measure of risk preference
by Anderson, Lisa R. & Mellor, Jennifer M.
- 1275-1284 Optimal recall length in survey design
by Clarke, Philip M. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 1285-1298 Are tax subsidies for private medical insurance self-financing? Evidence from a microsimulation model
by López Nicolás, Ángel & Vera-Hernández, Marcos
- 1299-1311 Gender, risk perceptions, and smoking behavior
by Lundborg, Petter & Andersson, Henrik
- 1312-1325 Health and wealth of elderly couples: Causality tests using dynamic panel data models
by Michaud, Pierre-Carl & van Soest, Arthur
- 1326-1342 Heightened mortality after the death of a spouse: Marriage protection or marriage selection?
by Espinosa, Javier & Evans, William N.
- 1343-1356 The effect of water accessibility on child health in China
by Mangyo, Eiji
- 1357-1367 GP supply and obesity
by Morris, Stephen & Gravelle, Hugh
- 1368-1381 The effect of adolescent virginity status on psychological well-being
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 1382-1387 Is obesity contagious? Social networks vs. environmental factors in the obesity epidemic
by Cohen-Cole, Ethan & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 1388-1399 Peer effects in adolescent overweight
by Trogdon, Justin G. & Nonnemaker, James & Pais, Joanne
- 1400-1405 Estimating peer effects on health in social networks: A response to Cohen-Cole and Fletcher; and Trogdon, Nonnemaker, and Pais
by Fowler, J.H. & Christakis, N.A.
July 2008, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 809-818 Future costs in cost effectiveness analysis
by Lee, Robert H.
- 819-821 Future costs and the future of cost-effectiveness analysis
by Garber, Alan M. & Phelps, Charles E.
- 822-825 Response to "Future costs and the future of cost-effectiveness analysis"
by Meltzer, David
- 826-842 Does health care spending improve health outcomes? Evidence from English programme budgeting data
by Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Smith, Peter C.
- 843-870 The impact of early discharge laws on the health of newborns
by Evans, William N. & Garthwaite, Craig & Wei, Heng
- 871-887 Maternal employment, breastfeeding, and health: Evidence from maternity leave mandates
by Baker, Michael & Milligan, Kevin
- 888-903 Does teenage childbearing increase smoking, drinking and body size?
by Webbink, Dinand & Martin, Nicholas G. & Visscher, Peter M.
- 904-917 Cigarette taxes and the transition from youth to adult smoking: Smoking initiation, cessation, and participation
by DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Don & Mathios, Alan
- 918-929 Cigarette taxes and older adult smoking: Evidence from recent large tax increases
by DeCicca, Philip & McLeod, Logan
- 930-942 The impact of tobacco advertising bans on consumption in developing countries
by Blecher, Evan