Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
2013, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 1263-1277 Integrating risk adjustment and enrollee premiums in health plan payment
by McGuire, Thomas G. & Glazer, Jacob & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Normand, Sharon-Lise & Shi, Julie & Sinaiko, Anna D. & Zuvekas, Samuel H.
- 1278-1288 Do Medicare Advantage plans select enrollees in higher margin clinical categories?
by Newhouse, Joseph P. & McWilliams, J. Michael & Price, Mary & Huang, Jie & Fireman, Bruce & Hsu, John
- 1289-1300 The spillover effects of Medicare managed care: Medicare Advantage and hospital utilization
by Baicker, Katherine & Chernew, Michael E. & Robbins, Jacob A.
- 1301-1312 Competitive bidding in Medicare Advantage: Effect of benchmark changes on plan bids
by Song, Zirui & Landrum, Mary Beth & Chernew, Michael E.
- 1313-1324 Suit the action to the word, the word to the action: Hypothetical choices and real decisions in Medicare Part D
by Kesternich, Iris & Heiss, Florian & McFadden, Daniel & Winter, Joachim
- 1325-1344 Plan selection in Medicare Part D: Evidence from administrative data
by Heiss, Florian & Leive, Adam & McFadden, Daniel & Winter, Joachim
- 1345-1355 Digesting the doughnut hole
by Joyce, Geoffrey F. & Zissimopoulos, Julie & Goldman, Dana P.
- 1356-1367 Pharmaceutical advertising and Medicare Part D
by Lakdawalla, Darius & Sood, Neeraj & Gu, Qian
2013, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 757-767 Preference heterogeneity and selection in private health insurance: The case of Australia
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Jones, Glenn & Savage, Elizabeth
- 768-779 Genetic testing with primary prevention and moral hazard
by Bardey, David & De Donder, Philippe
- 780-793 The demand for health insurance among uninsured Americans: Results of a survey experiment and implications for policy
by Krueger, Alan B. & Kuziemko, Ilyana
- 794-803 A case study of a workplace wellness program that offers financial incentives for weight loss
by Cawley, John & Price, Joshua A.
- 804-815 Abortion before & after Roe
by Joyce, Ted & Tan, Ruoding & Zhang, Yuxiu
- 816-832 The poverty-reducing effect of Medicaid
by Sommers, Benjamin D. & Oellerich, Donald
- 833-849 Does employer-provided health insurance constrain labor supply adjustments to health shocks? New evidence on women diagnosed with breast cancer
by Bradley, Cathy J. & Neumark, David & Barkowski, Scott
- 850-862 Consumers’ misunderstanding of health insurance
by Loewenstein, George & Friedman, Joelle Y. & McGill, Barbara & Ahmad, Sarah & Linck, Suzanne & Sinkula, Stacey & Beshears, John & Choi, James J. & Kolstad, Jonathan & Laibson, David & Madrian, Brigitte C. & List, John A. & Volpp, Kevin G.
- 863-872 Girls’ education and HIV risk: Evidence from Uganda
by Alsan, Marcella M. & Cutler, David M.
- 873-880 Do parental involvement laws deter risky teen sex?
by Colman, Silvie & Dee, Thomas S. & Joyce, Ted
- 881-894 Do cost-sharing and entry deregulation curb pharmaceutical innovation?
by Grossmann, Volker
- 895-908 Doctors, patients and the racial mortality gap
by Simeonova, Emilia
- 909-921 Hospital readmission rates: Signal of failure or success?
by Laudicella, Mauro & Li Donni, Paolo & Smith, Peter C.
- 922-937 Longitudinal methods to investigate the role of health determinants in the dynamics of income-related health inequality
by Allanson, Paul & Petrie, Dennis
- 938-950 Informality and the expansion of social protection programs: Evidence from Mexico
by Azuara, Oliver & Marinescu, Ioana
- 951-964 The health effects of leaving school in a bad economy
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine
- 965-979 The effect of prospective payment on admission and treatment policy: Evidence from inpatient rehabilitation facilities
by Sood, Neeraj & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Grabowski, David C. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Escarce, José J.
- 980-996 An instrumental variables approach to post-acute care nursing home quality: Is there a dime's worth of evidence that continuing care retirement communities provide higher quality?
by Bowblis, John R. & McHone, Heather S.
- 997-1006 Does HIV increase the risk of spousal violence in sub-Saharan Africa?
by Chin, Yoo-Mi
2013, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 671-681 Health-related externalities: Evidence from a choice experiment
by Hurley, Jeremiah & Mentzakis, Emmanouil
- 682-697 Demand for smokeless tobacco: Role of advertising
by Dave, Dhaval & Saffer, Henry
- 698-707 The effects of medical school on health outcomes: Evidence from admission lotteries
by Leuven, Edwin & Oosterbeek, Hessel & de Wolf, Inge
- 708-714 Sick but satisfied: The impact of life and health satisfaction on choice between health scenarios
by Dolan, Paul & Kavetsos, Georgios & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 715-727 Family income and child health in the UK
by Apouey, Bénédicte & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 728-742 Maternal employment and childhood obesity – A European perspective
by Gwozdz, Wencke & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Reisch, Lucia A. & Ahrens, Wolfgang & Eiben, Gabriele & M. Fernandéz-Alvira, Juan & Hadjigeorgiou, Charalampos & De Henauw, Stefaan & Kovács, Eva & Lauria, Fabio & Veidebaum, Toomas & Williams, Garrath & Bammann, Karin
- 743-755 The impact of physical education on obesity among elementary school children
by Cawley, John & Frisvold, David & Meyerhoefer, Chad
2013, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 487-503 Weathering the storm: Hurricanes and birth outcomes
by Currie, Janet & Rossin-Slater, Maya
- 504-514 Feasible methods to estimate disease based price indexes
by Bradley, Ralph
- 515-523 A new axiomatic approach to the evaluation of population health
by Hougaard, Jens Leth & Moreno-Ternero, Juan D. & Østerdal, Lars Peter
- 524-537 Cannabis use and suicidal ideation
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny & Fergusson, David & Horwood, L. John
- 538-545 School meal crowd out in the 1980s
by von Hinke Kessler Scholder, Stephanie
- 546-558 The effect of unemployment on the mental health of spouses – Evidence from plant closures in Germany
by Marcus, Jan
- 559-569 Treatment decisions under ambiguity
by Berger, Loïc & Bleichrodt, Han & Eeckhoudt, Louis
- 570-585 Health consequences of easier access to alcohol: New Zealand evidence
by Conover, Emily & Scrimgeour, Dean
- 586-598 Does retirement age impact mortality?
by Hernaes, Erik & Markussen, Simen & Piggott, John & Vestad, Ola L.
- 599-611 Using RD design to understand heterogeneity in health insurance crowd-out
by Koch, Thomas G.
- 612-632 Malaria: An early indicator of later disease and work level
by Hong, Sok Chul
- 633-646 Does hospital ownership affect patient experience? An investigation into public–private sector differences in England
by Pérotin, Virginie & Zamora, Bernarda & Reeves, Rachel & Bartlett, Will & Allen, Pauline
- 647-658 Does widowhood explain gender differences in out-of-pocket medical spending among the elderly?
by Goda, Gopi Shah & Shoven, John B. & Slavov, Sita Nataraj
- 659-670 On correcting the concentration index for binary variables
by Kjellsson, Gustav & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
2013, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 331-340 The impact of medical errors on physician behavior: Evidence from malpractice litigation
by Shurtz, Ity
- 341-352 Shipping out instead of shaping up: Rehospitalization from nursing homes as an unintended effect of public reporting
by Konetzka, R. Tamara & Polsky, Daniel & Werner, Rachel M.
- 353-366 Reducing underage alcohol and tobacco use: Evidence from the introduction of vertical identification cards
by Bellou, Andriana & Bhatt, Rachana
- 367-385 Does information on health status lead to a healthier lifestyle? Evidence from China on the effect of hypertension diagnosis on food consumption
by Zhao, Meng & Konishi, Yoshifumi & Glewwe, Paul
- 386-391 Does the U.S. health care sector suffer from Baumol's cost disease? Evidence from the 50 states
by Bates, Laurie J. & Santerre, Rexford E.
- 392-409 Do medical doctors respond to economic incentives?
by Andreassen, Leif & Di Tommaso, Maria Laura & Strøm, Steinar
- 410-422 Does hospital competition harm equity? Evidence from the English National Health Service
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro & Donni, Paolo Li
- 423-439 Modeling the relationship between health and health care expenditures using a latent Markov model
by Wouterse, Bram & Huisman, Martijn & Meijboom, Bert R. & Deeg, Dorly J.H. & Polder, Johan J.
- 440-451 Economic considerations for social distancing and behavioral based policies during an epidemic
by Fenichel, Eli P.
- 452-462 The effect of Medicaid physician fees on take-up of public health insurance among children in poverty
by Hahn, Youjin
- 463-473 Making Medicare advantage a middle-class program
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 477-479 The impact of minimum legal drinking age laws on alcohol consumption, smoking, and marijuana use revisited
by Yörük, Barış K. & Yörük, Ceren Ertan
- 480-485 Personality and the education–health gradient: A note on “Understanding differences in health behaviors by education”
by Conti, Gabriella & Hansman, Christopher
2013, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-11 Health in the cities: When the neighborhood matters more than income
by Bilger, Marcel & Carrieri, Vincenzo
- 12-21 Effect of nursing home ownership on the quality of post-acute care: An instrumental variables approach
by Grabowski, David C. & Feng, Zhanlian & Hirth, Richard & Rahman, Momotazur & Mor, Vincent
- 22-32 Alcohol and student performance: Estimating the effect of legal access
by Lindo, Jason M. & Swensen, Isaac D. & Waddell, Glen R.
- 33-50 Marriage, bereavement and mortality: The role of health care utilization
by Simeonova, Emilia
- 51-65 The psychological costs of war: Military combat and mental health
by Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal
- 66-87 A theoretical approach to dual practice regulations in the health sector
by González, Paula & Macho-Stadler, Inés
- 88-105 Health expenditure growth: Looking beyond the average through decomposition of the full distribution
by de Meijer, Claudine & O’Donnell, Owen & Koopmanschap, Marc & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 106-113 Mergers and innovation in the pharmaceutical industry
by Comanor, William S. & Scherer, F.M.
- 114-127 Smoking initiation and the iron law of demand
by Lillard, Dean R. & Molloy, Eamon & Sfekas, Andrew
- 128-137 Capabilities as menus: A non-welfarist basis for QALY evaluation
by Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John
- 138-148 Do smoke-free car laws work? Evidence from a quasi-experiment
by Nguyen, Hai V.
- 149-159 Firm-sponsored general education and mobility frictions: Evidence from hospital sponsorship of nursing schools and faculty
by Benson, Alan
- 160-171 Participation and crowd out: Assessing the effects of parental Medicaid expansions
by Hamersma, Sarah & Kim, Matthew
- 172-180 Endogenous cost-effectiveness analysis and health care technology adoption
by Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J.
- 181-194 Discrimination in a universal health system: Explaining socioeconomic waiting time gaps
by Johar, Meliyanni & Jones, Glenn & Keane, Micheal P. & Savage, Elizabeth & Stavrunova, Olena
- 195-206 The effects of housing and neighborhood conditions on child mortality
by Jacob, Brian A. & Ludwig, Jens & Miller, Douglas L.
- 207-218 What is the price of prevention? New evidence from a field experiment
by Okeke, Edward N. & Adepiti, Clement A. & Ajenifuja, Kayode O.
- 219-239 Implications of a sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) tax when substitutions to non-beverage items are considered
by Finkelstein, Eric A. & Zhen, Chen & Bilger, Marcel & Nonnemaker, James & Farooqui, Assad M. & Todd, Jessica E.
- 240-252 The effect of informal care on work and wages
by Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Coe, Norma B. & Skira, Meghan M.
- 253-260 The role of regret minimisation in lifestyle choices affecting the risk of coronary heart disease
by Boeri, Marco & Longo, Alberto & Grisolía, José M. & Hutchinson, W. George & Kee, Frank
- 261-267 The virtuous tax: Lifesaving and crime-prevention effects of the 1991 federal alcohol-tax increase
by Cook, Philip J. & Durrance, Christine Piette
- 268-285 Competition in the pharmaceutical industry: How do quality differences shape advertising strategies?
by de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Ornaghi, Carmine & Siotis, Georges
- 286-303 Collateral damage: The German food crisis, educational attainment and labor market outcomes of German post-war cohorts
by Jürges, Hendrik
- 304-319 Cash transfers and domestic violence
by Hidrobo, Melissa & Fernald, Lia
- 320-330 Older people's participation in extra-cost disability benefits
by Zantomio, Francesca
2012, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 781-796 Understanding overeating and obesity
by Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 797-812 Economic booms and risky sexual behavior: Evidence from Zambian copper mining cities
by Wilson, Nicholas
- 813-823 Junior doctors’ preferences for specialty choice
by Sivey, Peter & Scott, Anthony & Witt, Julia & Joyce, Catherine & Humphreys, John
- 824-841 Price elasticity of expenditure across health care services
by Duarte, Fabian
- 842-850 On insuring and caring for parents’ long-term care needs
by Courbage, Christophe & Eeckhoudt, Louis
- 851-862 What U.S. data should be used to measure the price elasticity of demand for alcohol?
by Ruhm, Christopher J. & Jones, Alison Snow & McGeary, Kerry Anne & Kerr, William C. & Terza, Joseph V. & Greenfield, Thomas K. & Pandian, Ravi S.
- 863-875 The effect of expanding access to health insurance on the health and mortality of Social Security Disability Insurance beneficiaries
by Weathers, Robert R. & Stegman, Michelle
- 876-887 Time to death and the forecasting of macro-level health care expenditures: Some further considerations
by van Baal, Pieter H. & Wong, Albert
2012, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 691-704 The regulation of health care providers’ payments when horizontal and vertical differentiation matter
by Bardey, David & Canta, Chiara & Lozachmeur, Jean-Marie
- 705-718 The impact of direct-to-consumer television and magazine advertising on antidepressant use
by Avery, Rosemary J. & Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Simon, Kosali I.
- 719-729 The heterogeneity of the cigarette price effect on body mass index
by Wehby, George L. & Courtemanche, Charles J.
- 730-743 Hospital volume responses to Medicare's Outpatient Prospective Payment System: Evidence from Florida
by He, Daifeng & Mellor, Jennifer M.
- 744-751 Recessions and seniors’ health, health behaviors, and healthcare use: Analysis of the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey
by McInerney, Melissa & Mellor, Jennifer M.
- 752-766 The toll of fertility on mothers’ wellbeing
by Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Simonsen, Marianne
- 767-780 Early life exposure to malaria and cognition in adulthood: Evidence from Mexico
by Venkataramani, Atheendar S.
2012, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 545-563 Does uninsurance affect the health outcomes of the insured? Evidence from heart attack patients in California
by Daysal, N. Meltem
- 564-577 The effects of cannabis use on physical and mental health
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny
- 578-583 Proposing indicators to measure achievement and shortfall inequality consistently
by Lasso de la Vega, Casilda & Aristondo, Oihana
- 584-598 Does smoking affect schooling? Evidence from teenagers in rural China
by Zhao, Meng & Konishi, Yoshifumi & Glewwe, Paul
- 599-616 Effect of job loss due to plant closure on mortality and hospitalization
by Browning, Martin & Heinesen, Eskil
- 617-629 Income inequality and health: Lessons from a refugee residential assignment program
by Grönqvist, Hans & Johansson, Per & Niknami, Susan
- 630-643 The value of medical and pharmaceutical interventions for reducing obesity
by Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Goldman, Dana P. & Lakdawalla, Darius N. & Zheng, Yuhui & Gailey, Adam H.
- 644-657 Does staying in school (and not working) prevent teen smoking and drinking?
by Jensen, Robert & Lleras-Muney, Adriana
- 658-675 Diversify or focus? Spending to combat infectious diseases when budgets are tight
by Anderson, Soren T. & Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Salant, Stephen W.
- 676-689 Measurement of inequity in health care with heterogeneous response of use to need
by Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & O’Donnell, Owen
2012, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 457-470 Incentive and selection effects of Medigap insurance on inpatient care
by Dardanoni, Valentino & Li Donni, Paolo
- 471-483 Regulation and competition in the Taiwanese pharmaceutical market under national health insurance
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Yang, Yea-Huei Kao & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 484-489 Priority setting in health care and higher order degree change in risk
by Courbage, Christophe & Rey, Béatrice
- 490-501 Does retirement affect cognitive functioning?
by Bonsang, Eric & Adam, Stéphane & Perelman, Sergio
- 502-520 Health investment decisions in response to diabetes information in older Americans
by Slade, Alexander N.
- 521-527 Is a QALY still a QALY at the end of life?
by Round, Jeff
- 528-543 Can governments do it better? Merger mania and hospital outcomes in the English NHS
by Gaynor, Martin & Laudicella, Mauro & Propper, Carol
2012, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 327-339 Evergreening, patent challenges, and effective market life in pharmaceuticals
by Hemphill, C. Scott & Sampat, Bhaven N.
- 340-348 The effect of a hospital nurse staffing mandate on patient health outcomes: Evidence from California's minimum staffing regulation
by Cook, Andrew & Gaynor, Martin & Stephens Jr, Melvin & Taylor, Lowell
- 349-358 Watchfully waiting: Medical intervention as an optimal investment decision
by Meyer, Elisabeth & Rees, Ray
- 359-370 Hospital ownership type and treatment choices
by Bayindir, Esra Eren
- 371-378 Do patients choose hospitals with high quality ratings? Empirical evidence from the market for angioplasty in the Netherlands
by Varkevisser, Marco & van der Geest, Stéphanie A. & Schut, Frederik T.
- 379-392 The utility of health and wealth
by Levy, Moshe & Nir, Adi Rizansky
- 393-405 The effect of comprehensive state tobacco control programs on adult cigarette smoking
by Rhoads, Jennifer K.
- 406-439 Four decades of health economics through a bibliometric lens
by Wagstaff, Adam & Culyer, Anthony J.
- 440-456 Pricing of drugs with heterogeneous health insurance coverage
by Ferrara, Ida & Missios, Paul
2012, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-14 Does health insurance coverage lead to better health and educational outcomes? Evidence from rural China
by Chen, Yuyu & Jin, Ginger Zhe
- 15-21 Inequality decomposition by population subgroups for ordinal data
by Kobus, Martyna & Miłoś, Piotr
- 22-34 A test of independence of discounting from quality of life
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
- 35-49 HIV and sexual behavior change: Why not Africa?
by Oster, Emily
- 50-61 Do consumers respond to publicly reported quality information? Evidence from nursing homes
by Werner, Rachel M. & Norton, Edward C. & Konetzka, R. Tamara & Polsky, Daniel
- 62-71 Using a discrete choice experiment to elicit the demand for a nutritious food: Willingness-to-pay for orange maize in rural Zambia
by Meenakshi, J.V. & Banerji, A. & Manyong, Victor & Tomlins, Keith & Mittal, Nitya & Hamukwala, Priscilla
- 72-85 Moral hazard and selection among the poor: Evidence from a randomized experiment
by Spenkuch, Jörg L.
- 86-98 An experimental test of the concentration index
by Bleichrodt, Han & Rohde, Kirsten I.M. & Van Ourti, Tom
- 99-111 Discrimination makes me sick! An examination of the discrimination–health relationship
by Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace
- 112-121 The effect of alcohol availability on marijuana use: Evidence from the minimum legal drinking age
by Crost, Benjamin & Guerrero, Santiago
- 122-134 The impact of water quality on health: Evidence from the drinking water infrastructure program in rural China
by Zhang, Jing
- 135-146 The other ex ante moral hazard in health
by Bhattacharya, Jay & Packalen, Mikko
- 147-157 Marginal benefit incidence of public health spending: Evidence from Indonesian sub-national data
by Kruse, Ioana & Pradhan, Menno & Sparrow, Robert
- 158-168 GET MORE, PAY MORE? An elaborate test of construct validity of willingness to pay per QALY estimates obtained through contingent valuation
by Bobinac, Ana & van Exel, N. Job A. & Rutten, Frans F.H. & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
- 169-179 Static and dynamic efficiency of irreversible health care investments under alternative payment rules
by Levaggi, R. & Moretto, M. & Pertile, P.
- 180-196 Pollution exposure and child health: Evidence for infants and toddlers in Germany
by Coneus, Katja & Spiess, C. Katharina
- 197-206 Are estimates of the value of a statistical life exaggerated?
by Doucouliagos, Chris & Stanley, T.D. & Giles, Margaret
- 207-218 Trajectories of health-related quality of life differ by age among adults: Results from an eight-year longitudinal study
by Asakawa, Keiko & Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan & Feeny, David & Johnson, Jeffrey & Rolfson, Darryl
- 219-230 The medical care costs of obesity: An instrumental variables approach
by Cawley, John & Meyerhoefer, Chad
- 231-242 Supply-side and demand-side cost sharing in deregulated social health insurance: Which is more effective?
by Trottmann, Maria & Zweifel, Peter & Beck, Konstantin
- 243-256 Thinness and obesity: A model of food consumption, health concerns, and social pressure
by Dragone, Davide & Savorelli, Luca
- 257-270 “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in this land is fairest of all?”—Distributional sensitivity in the measurement of socioeconomic inequality of health
by Erreygers, Guido & Clarke, Philip & Van Ourti, Tom
- 271-284 Financial incentives for maternal health: Impact of a national programme in Nepal
by Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Hanson, Kara
- 285-295 When does weight matter most?
by Chen, Alice J.
- 296-305 Birds of a feather flock together: A study of doctor–patient matching
by Godager, Geir
- 306-318 Using a discrete choice experiment to estimate health state utility values
by Bansback, Nick & Brazier, John & Tsuchiya, Aki & Anis, Aslam
2011, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 1137-1149 Competition and the Reference Pricing Scheme for pharmaceuticals
by Ghislandi, Simone
- 1150-1163 Does price reveal poor-quality drugs? Evidence from 17 countries
by Bate, Roger & Jin, Ginger Zhe & Mathur, Aparna
- 1164-1173 State and self investments in health
by Fichera, Eleonora & Sutton, Matt
- 1174-1187 Rising educational gradients in mortality: The role of behavioral risk factors
by Cutler, David M. & Lange, Fabian & Meara, Ellen & Richards-Shubik, Seth & Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 1188-1196 Payment contracts in a preventive health care system: A perspective from Operations Management
by Yaesoubi, Reza & Roberts, Stephen D.
- 1197-1206 Optimal public rationing and price response
by Grassi, Simona & Ma, Ching-to Albert
- 1207-1218 Premium subsidies and social health insurance: Substitutes or complements?
by Kifmann, Mathias & Roeder, Kerstin
- 1219-1231 The impact of legalized abortion on child health outcomes and abandonment. Evidence from Romania
by Mitrut, Andreea & Wolff, François-Charles
- 1232-1245 School quality and the education–health relationship: Evidence from Blacks in segregated schools
by Frisvold, David & Golberstein, Ezra
- 1246-1260 Long-term health effects on the next generation of Ramadan fasting during pregnancy
by van Ewijk, Reyn
- 1261-1279 A nonparametric vs. latent class model of general practitioner utilization: Evidence from Canada
by McLeod, Logan
- 1280-1292 Inverse probability weighted estimation of social tariffs: An illustration using the SF-6D value sets
by Méndez, Ildefonso & Abellán Perpiñán, Jose M. & Sánchez Martínez, Fernando I. & Martínez Pérez, Jorge E.
2011, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 843-857 The impact of Chernobyl on health and labour market performance
by Lehmann, Hartmut & Wadsworth, Jonathan
- 858-868 Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: Evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey-Replication
by Chatterji, Pinka & Alegria, Margarita & Takeuchi, David
- 869-879 Parental job loss and infant health
by Lindo, Jason M.
- 880-893 Treatment and referral decisions under different physician payment mechanisms
by Allard, Marie & Jelovac, Izabela & Léger, Pierre Thomas
- 894-903 Patient switching in general practice
by Iversen, Tor & Lurås, Hilde
- 904-918 Physicians on board: An examination of physician financial interests in ASCs using longitudinal data
by Yee, Christine A.
- 919-932 Does better disease management in primary care reduce hospital costs? Evidence from English primary care
by Dusheiko, Mark & Gravelle, Hugh & Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Smith, Peter C.
- 933-949 Patient knowledge and antibiotic abuse: Evidence from an audit study in China
by Currie, Janet & Lin, Wanchuan & Zhang, Wei
- 950-965 Regulatory policy and the location of bio-pharmaceutical foreign direct investment in Europe
by Koenig, Pamina & MacGarvie, Megan
- 966-976 Effectiveness of state-level vaccination mandates: Evidence from the varicella vaccine
by Abrevaya, Jason & Mulligan, Karen
- 977-986 Is being in school better? The impact of school on children's BMI when starting age is endogenous
by Anderson, Patricia M. & Butcher, Kristin F. & Cascio, Elizabeth U. & Schanzenbach, Diane Whitmore
- 987-999 School buses, diesel emissions, and respiratory health
by Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Shimshack, Jay P.
- 1000-1010 Water accessibility and child health: Use of the leave-out strategy of instruments
by Lamichhane, Dirga Kumar & Mangyo, Eiji
- 1011-1019 Gold and Silver health plans: Accommodating demand heterogeneity in managed competition
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 1020-1031 The impact of Medicaid insurance coverage on dental service use
by Choi, Moonkyung Kate
- 1032-1043 Putting different price tags on the same health condition: Re-evaluating the well-being valuation approach
by Powdthavee, Nattavudh & van den Berg, Bernard
- 1044-1056 Grossman’s missing health threshold
by Galama, Titus & Kapteyn, Arie
- 1057-1063 Revisiting United States valuation of EQ-5D states
by Craig., Benjamin M. & Busschbach, Jan J.V.
- 1064-1076 “It's driving her mad”: Gender differences in the effects of commuting on psychological health
by Roberts, Jennifer & Hodgson, Robert & Dolan, Paul
- 1077-1093 Smoking persistence across countries: A panel data analysis
by Christelis, Dimitris & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna
- 1094-1102 The incidence of the healthcare costs of smoking
by Cowan, Benjamin & Schwab, Benjamin
- 1103-1112 Public employment and political pressure: The case of French hospitals
by Clark, Andrew E. & Milcent, Carine
- 1113-1123 Accounting for the dead in the longitudinal analysis of income-related health inequalities
by Petrie, Dennis & Allanson, Paul & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 1124-1136 Happy house: Spousal weight and individual well-being
by Clark, Andrew E. & Etilé, Fabrice
July 2011, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 603-615 Opportunities and benefits as determinants of the direction of scientific research
by Bhattacharya, Jay & Packalen, Mikko
- 616-625 Inequality and polarisation in health systems' responsiveness: A cross-country analysis
by Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel & Robone, Silvana & Dias, Pedro Rosa
- 626-636 Time is money: Outpatient waiting times and health insurance choices of elderly veterans in the United States
by Pizer, Steven D. & Prentice, Julia C.
- 637-646 How payment systems affect physicians' provision behaviour--An experimental investigation
by Hennig-Schmidt, Heike & Selten, Reinhard & Wiesen, Daniel
- 647-659 Genetic lotteries within families
by Fletcher, Jason M. & Lehrer, Steven F.
- 660-674 Measuring and testing for gender discrimination in physician pay: English family doctors
by Gravelle, Hugh & Hole, Arne Risa & Santos, Rita
- 675-684 Medicare prospective payment and the volume and intensity of skilled nursing facility services
by Grabowski, David C. & Afendulis, Christopher C. & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 685-694 Measuring socioeconomic inequality in health, health care and health financing by means of rank-dependent indices: A recipe for good practice
by Erreygers, Guido & Van Ourti, Tom
- 695-706 The impact of comparative effectiveness research on health and health care spending
by Basu, Anirban & Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J.
- 707-718 Analysis of the distributional impact of out-of-pocket health payments: Evidence from a public health insurance program for the poor in Mexico
by Garcia-Diaz, Rocio & Sosa-Rub, Sandra G.
- 719-729 Income and the utilization of long-term care services: Evidence from the Social Security benefit notch
by Goda, Gopi Shah & Golberstein, Ezra & Grabowski, David C.