Journal of Health Economics
July 2008, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 943-958 The mortality cost to smokers
by Viscusi, W. Kip & Hersch, Joni
- 959-972 Willingness to pay for drug rehabilitation: Implications for cost recovery
by Bishai, D. & Sindelar, J. & Ricketts, E.P. & Huettner, S. & Cornelius, L. & Lloyd, J.J. & Havens, J.R. & Latkin, C.A. & Strathdee, S.A.
- 973-989 Safety for whom? The effects of light trucks on traffic fatalities
by Anderson, Michael
- 990-1005 Can insurance increase financial risk?: The curious case of health insurance in China
by Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus
- 1006-1025 Moral hazard and the demand for health services: A matching estimator approach
by Barros, Pedro Pita & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna
- 1026-1045 Is managed care restraining the adoption of technology by hospitals?
by Mas, Núria & Seinfeld, Janice
- 1046-1059 Does how much and how you pay matter? Evidence from the inpatient rehabilitation care prospective payment system
by Sood, Neeraj & Buntin, Melinda Beeuwkes & Escarce, José J.
- 1060-1077 Market incentives and pharmaceutical innovation
by Yin, Wesley
- 1078-1094 Modelling heterogeneity in patients' preferences for the attributes of a general practitioner appointment
by Hole, Arne Risa
- 1095-1108 Bias and asymmetric loss in expert forecasts: A study of physician prognostic behavior with respect to patient survival
by Alexander, Marcus & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1109-1128 A discrete choice decomposition analysis of racial and ethnic differences in children's health insurance coverage
by Pylypchuk, Yuriy & Selden, Thomas M.
- 1129-1140 Comment--Defining health insurance affordability: Unobserved heterogeneity matters
by Bradley, Ralph
- 1141-1142 Corrigendum to "Stationarity of health expenditures and GDP: Evidence from panel unit root tests with heterogeneous structural breaks" [J. Health Econ. 22 (2003) 313-323]
by Lee, Junsoo & Tieslau, Margie & Strazicich, Mark C. & Jewell, Todd
May 2008, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 531-543 Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling
by Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J.
- 544-563 The reversal of the relation between economic growth and health progress: Sweden in the 19th and 20th centuries
by Tapia Granados, José A. & Ionides, Edward L.
- 564-584 Health status and health dynamics in an empirical model of expected longevity
by Benitez-Silva, Hugo & Ni, Huan
- 585-602 Information technology and medical missteps: Evidence from a randomized trial
by Javitt, Jonathan C. & Rebitzer, James B. & Reisman, Lonny
- 603-623 What drives health care expenditure?--Baumol's model of 'unbalanced growth' revisited
by Hartwig, Jochen
- 624-641 Avoidable mortality risks and measurement of wellbeing and inequality
by Tang, Kam Ki & Chin, Jackie T.C. & Rao, D.S. Prasada
- 642-662 The effects of mandatory seatbelt laws on seatbelt use, motor vehicle fatalities, and crash-related injuries among youths
by Carpenter, Christopher S. & Stehr, Mark
- 663-674 Optimal quality, waits and charges in health insurance
by Gravelle, Hugh & Siciliani, Luigi
- 675-689 The economics of sexuality: The effect of HIV/AIDS on homosexual behavior in the United States
by Francis, Andrew M.
- 690-705 Birth spacing, fertility selection and child survival: Analysis using a correlated hazard model
by Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha
- 706-717 Is risk attitude outcome specific within the health domain?
by van der Pol, Marjon & Ruggeri, Matteo
- 718-738 Your next of kin or your own career?: Caring and working among the 50+ of Europe
by Bolin, K. & Lindgren, B. & Lundborg, P.
- 739-752 Are some lives more valuable? An ethical preferences approach
by Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter
- 753-769 Emotions and decision rules in discrete choice experiments for valuing health care programmes for the elderly
by Araña, Jorge E. & León, Carmelo J. & Hanemann, Michael W.
- 770-785 Are primary care physicians, public and private sector specialists substitutes or complements? Evidence from a simultaneous equations model for count data
by Atella, Vincenzo & Deb, Partha
- 786-793 Welfare reform and the decline in the health-insurance coverage of children of non-permanent residents
by Lurie, Ithai Zvi
- 794-800 Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD revisited
by Fletcher, Jason & Wolfe, Barbara
- 801-807 The income gradient in children's health: A comment on Currie, Shields and Wheatley Price
by Case, Anne & Lee, Diana & Paxson, Christina
March 2008, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 175-200 The risk we bear: The effects of review speed and industry user fees on new drug safety
by Olson, Mary K.
- 201-217 Crowd-out 10 years later: Have recent public insurance expansions crowded out private health insurance?
by Gruber, Jonathan & Simon, Kosali
- 218-233 Hypertension and happiness across nations
by Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 234-248 Mad cows, terrorism and junk food: Should public policy reflect perceived or objective risks?
by Johansson-Stenman, Olof
- 249-264 Asymmetric peer effects in the analysis of cigarette smoking among young people in the United States, 1992-1999
by Harris, Jeffrey E. & González López-Valcárcel, Beatriz
- 265-286 Social networks, information and health care utilization: Evidence from undocumented immigrants in Milan
by Devillanova, Carlo
- 287-299 Cigarette taxes and youth smoking: New evidence from national, state, and local Youth Risk Behavior Surveys
by Carpenter, Christopher & Cook, Philip J.
- 300-307 Sample selection versus two-part models revisited: The case of female smoking and drinking
by Madden, David
- 308-324 Health, income and relative deprivation: Evidence from the BHPS
by Jones, Andrew M. & Wildman, John
- 325-338 Welfarism vs. extra-welfarism
by Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Culyer, Anthony J. & van Exel, N. Job A. & Rutten, Frans F.H.
- 339-361 Medicare reimbursement, nurse staffing, and patient outcomes
by Kaestner, Robert & Guardado, Jose
- 362-376 Is the impact of managed care on hospital prices decreasing?
by Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard & White, William D. & Zwanziger, Jack
- 377-404 The strategic interaction between firms and formulary committees: Effects on the prices of new drugs
by Garcia-Alonso, Maria D.C. & Garcia-Mariñoso, Begoña
- 405-426 Modelling geographic variation in the cost-effectiveness of control policies for infectious vector diseases: The example of Chagas disease
by Castillo-Riquelme, Marianela & Chalabi, Zaid & Lord, Joanne & Guhl, Felipe & Campbell-Lendrum, Diarmid & Davies, Clive & Fox-Rushby, Julia
- 427-443 Risk equalization and voluntary deductibles: A complex interaction
by van Kleef, R.C. & Beck, K. & van de Ven, W.P.M.M. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 444-459 Is patient satisfaction sensitive to changes in the quality of care? An exploitation of the Hawthorne effect
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 460-475 Who pays for health care in Asia?
by O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Rannan-Eliya, Ravi P. & Somanathan, Aparnaa & Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Akkazieva, Baktygul & Harbianto, Deni & Garg, Charu C. & Hanvoravongchai, Piya & Herrin, Alejandro N. & Huq, Mohammed N. & Ibragimova, Shamsia & Karan, Anup & Kwon, Soon-man & Leung, Gabriel M. & Lu, Jui-fen Rachel & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Pande, Badri Raj & Racelis, Rachel & Tin, Keith & Tisayaticom, Kanjana & Trisnantoro, Laksono & Wan, Quan & Yang, Bong-Min & Zhao, Yuxin
- 476-495 Measuring and illustrating statistical evidence in a cost-effectiveness analysis
by Hoch, Jeffrey S. & Blume, Jeffrey D.
- 496-509 Dynamics of work disability and pain
by Kapteyn, Arie & Smith, James P. & van Soest, Arthur
- 510-518 Busy physicians
by Grytten, Jostein & Sørensen, Rune
- 519-529 Beyond BMI: The value of more accurate measures of fatness and obesity in social science research
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John
January 2008, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-26 Mortality, lifestyle and socio-economic status
by Balia, Silvia & Jones, Andrew M.
- 27-44 Income productivity in China: On the role of health
by Liu, Gordon G. & Dow, William H. & Fu, Alex Z. & Akin, John & Lance, Peter
- 45-68 Determining the impact of food price and income changes on body weight
by Schroeter, Christiane & Lusk, Jayson & Tyner, Wallace
- 69-88 Projecting long term medical spending growth
by Borger, Christine & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Won, Gregory Y.
- 89-105 Estimating workers' marginal valuation of employer health benefits: Would insured workers prefer more health insurance or higher wages
by Royalty, Anne Beeson
- 106-133 The effectiveness of cigarette regulations in reducing cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
by Markowitz, Sara
- 134-156 Informal care and Medicare expenditures: Testing for heterogeneous treatment effects
by Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C.
- 157-173 Does treating maternal depression improve child health management The case of pediatric asthma
by Perry, Cynthia D.
December 2007, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 1071-1072 In recognition of Joseph P. Newhouse
by Frank, Richard G. & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 1073-1074 In recognition of Anthony J. Culyer
by Claxton, Karl
- 1075-1080 25 years of excellence: The Journal of Health Economics in retrospective
by Phelps, Charles E.
- 1081-1100 The lifetime costs and benefits of medical technology
by Cutler, David M.
- 1101-1127 Custom-made versus ready-to-wear treatments: Behavioral propensities in physicians' choices
by Frank, Richard G. & Zeckhauser, Richard J.
- 1128-1150 Optimal health insurance for prevention and treatment
by Ellis, Randall P. & Manning, Willard G.
- 1151-1169 How much uncompensated care do doctors provide?
by Gruber, Jonathan & Rodriguez, David
- 1170-1189 Using performance measures to motivate `report-averse' and `report-loving' agents
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G. & Newhouse, Joseph P.
September 2007, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 865-876 Altered states: The impact of immediate craving on the valuation of current and future opioids
by Badger, Gary J. & Bickel, Warren K. & Giordano, Louis A. & Jacobs, Eric A. & Loewenstein, George & Marsch, Lisa
- 877-895 Does education affect smoking behaviors?: Evidence using the Vietnam draft as an instrument for college education
by de Walque, Damien
- 896-926 Education and smoking: Were Vietnam war draft avoiders also more likely to avoid smoking?
by Grimard, Franque & Parent, Daniel
- 927-949 Time preference, time discounting, and smoking decisions
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Silverman, Dan & Sloan, Frank
- 950-967 Fraternity membership and binge drinking
by DeSimone, Jeff
- 968-991 Do food stamps cause obesity?: Evidence from immigrant experience
by Kaushal, N.
- 992-1002 Multi-attribute utility function or statistical inference models: A comparison of health state valuation models using the HUI2 health state classification system
by Stevens, Katherine & McCabe, Christopher & Brazier, John & Roberts, Jennifer
- 1003-1013 Tests of utility independence when health varies over time
by Spencer, Anne & Robinson, Angela
- 1014-1026 Specialist payment schemes and patient selection in private and public hospitals
by Wright, Donald J.
- 1027-1030 Optimal wages in the market for nurses: An analysis based on Heyes' model
by Taylor, Lowell J.
- 1031-1033 Optimal wages in the market for nurses
by Heyes, Anthony G.
- 1034-1056 Worker sorting, compensating differentials and health insurance: Evidence from displaced workers
by Lehrer, Steven F. & Pereira, Nuno Sousa
- 1057-1070 Liability, insurance and medical practice
by Fenn, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Rickman, Neil
July 2007, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 659-681 The long-term health and economic consequences of the 1959-1961 famine in China
by Chen, Yuyu & Zhou, Li-An
- 682-698 Explaining China's regional health expenditures using LM-type unit root tests
by Chou, Win Lin
- 699-720 Quality incentives for GPs in a regulated market
by Karlsson, Martin
- 721-741 Primary physician services--List size and primary physicians' service production
by Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune
- 742-762 The impact of budgets for gatekeeping physicians on patient satisfaction: Evidence from fundholding
by Dusheiko, Mark & Gravelle, Hugh & Yu, Ning & Campbell, Stephen
- 763-784 "It wasn't me, it was them!" Social influence in risky behavior by adolescents
by Clark, Andrew E. & Loheac, Youenn
- 785-799 Economic evaluation of services for a National Health Scheme: The case for a fairness-based framework
by Richardson, Jeff & McKie, John
- 800-820 Benefit efficient statistical distributions on patient lists
by Uboe, Jan & Lillestol, Jostein
- 821-841 The earnings of informal carers: Wage differentials and opportunity costs
by Heitmueller, Axel & Inglis, Kirsty
- 842-864 Mental health expenditure in England: A spatial panel approach
by Moscone, Francesco & Knapp, Martin & Tosetti, Elisa
May 2007, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 431-446 Effects of infertility insurance mandates on fertility
by Schmidt, Lucie
- 447-462 Two-tier charging strategies in public hospitals: Implications for intra-hospital resource allocation and equity of access to hospital services
by McPake, Barbara & Hanson, Kara & Adam, Christopher
- 463-482 Exploring preference anomalies in double bounded contingent valuation
by Watson, Verity & Ryan, Mandy
- 483-504 HIV prevalence and poverty in Africa: Micro- and macro-econometric evidences applied to Burkina Faso
by Lachaud, Jean-Pierre
- 505-535 Do health sector reforms have their intended impacts?: The World Bank's Health VIII project in Gansu province, China
by Wagstaff, Adam & Yu, Shengchao
- 536-559 The chicken or the egg?: Endogeneity in labour market participation of informal carers in England
by Heitmueller, Axel
- 560-577 Moral hazard in nursing home use
by Grabowski, David C. & Gruber, Jonathan
- 578-596 Cannabis prices and dynamics of cannabis use
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny
- 597-612 Modelling SF-6D health state preference data using a nonparametric Bayesian method
by Kharroubi, Samer A. & Brazier, John E. & Roberts, Jennifer & O'Hagan, Anthony
- 613-642 Reference pricing of pharmaceuticals
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Konigbauer, Ingrid & Straume, Odd Rune
- 643-658 Rationality and drug use: An experimental approach
by Blondel, Serge & Loheac, Youenn & Rinaudo, Stephane
March 2007, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 213-232 The child health/family income gradient: Evidence from England
by Currie, Alison & Shields, Michael A. & Price, Stephen Wheatley
- 233-250 Competition among differentiated health plans under adverse selection
by Olivella, Pau & Vera-Hernandez, Marcos
- 251-262 What should (public) health insurance cover?
by Hoel, Michael
- 263-285 The market for elective surgery: Joint estimation of supply and demand
by Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Jacobs, Rowena & Smith, Peter
- 286-305 Advertising and generic market entry
by Konigbauer, Ingrid
- 306-325 Why do women participate in the English cervical cancer screening programme?
by Whynes, David K. & Philips, Zoe & Avis, Mark
- 326-341 Medicare balance billing restrictions: Impacts on physicians and beneficiaries
by McKnight, Robin
- 342-357 Do religious nonprofit and for-profit organizations respond differently to financial incentives? The hospice industry
by Lindrooth, Richard C. & Weisbrod, Burton A.
- 358-372 The earnings of U.S. health economists
by Cawley, John & Morrisey, Michael A.
- 373-399 Insurance choice and tax-preferred health savings accounts
by Cardon, James H. & Showalter, Mark H.
- 400-413 The effects of multi-hospital systems on hospital prices
by Melnick, Glenn & Keeler, Emmett
- 414-421 Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function
by Dutta, Indranil
- 422-425 In response to Indranil Dutta, "Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function"
by Abasolo, Ignacio & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 426-429 Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function: A rejoinder
by Dutta, Indranil
January 2007, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-24 Inequality and mortality: Long-run evidence from a panel of countries
by Leigh, Andrew & Jencks, Christopher
- 25-48 Predictability and predictiveness in health care spending
by Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 49-60 Money and mental wellbeing: A longitudinal study of medium-sized lottery wins
by Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 61-81 Cigarette smoking and self-control
by Kan, Kamhon
- 82-100 The economic consequences of health shocks: Evidence from Vietnam
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 101-121 Does managed health care reduce health care disparities between minorities and Whites?
by Balsa, Ana I. & Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 122-148 Efficient computation of partial expected value of sample information using Bayesian approximation
by Brennan, Alan & Kharroubi, Samer A.
- 149-170 Gatekeeping in health care
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Nuscheler, Robert & Straume, Odd Rune
- 171-189 Best-worst scaling: What it can do for health care research and how to do it
by Flynn, Terry N. & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J. & Coast, Joanna
- 190-212 Geographically differentiated pay in the labour market for nurses
by Elliott, Robert F. & Ma, Ada H.Y. & Scott, Anthony & Bell, David & Roberts, Elizabeth
November 2006, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 1015-1028 Addressing the issues that arise in analysing multicentre cost data, with application to a multinational study
by Thompson, Simon G. & Nixon, Richard M. & Grieve, Richard
- 1029-1048 Performance assessment in the context of multiple objectives: A multivariate multilevel analysis
by Hauck, Katharina & Street, Andrew
- 1049-1068 Scale and scope efficiencies through hospital consolidations
by Preyra, Colin & Pink, George
- 1069-1093 Are recessions good for workplace safety?
by Boone, Jan & van Ours, Jan C.
- 1094-1118 Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD
by Currie, Janet & Stabile, Mark
- 1119-1138 Modelling and estimation of valuations for the Dutch London Handicap Scale
by Groothuis-Oudshoorn, Catharina G.M. & Chorus, Astrid M.J. & Taeke van Beekum, W. & Detmar, Symone B. & van den Hout, Wilbert B.
- 1139-1153 Access to primary health care and health outcomes: The relationships between GP characteristics and mortality rates
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmas, Tor Helge
- 1154-1169 Insuring children or insuring families: Do parental and sibling coverage lead to improved retention of children in Medicaid and CHIP?
by Sommers, Benjamin D.
- 1170-1192 SCHIP expansion and parental coverage: An evaluation of Wisconsin's BadgerCare
by Wolfe, Barbara & Kaplan, Thomas & Haveman, Robert & Cho, Yoonyoung
- 1193-1202 Health insurance and imperfect competition in the health care market
by Vaithianathan, Rhema
September 2006, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 803-820 Further evidence of preference reversals: Choice, valuation and ranking over distributions of life expectancy
by Oliver, Adam
- 821-846 The welfare cost of violence across countries
by Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 847-860 Genetic testing in competitive insurance markets with repulsion from chance: A welfare analysis
by Hoel, Michael & Iversen, Tor & Nilssen, Tore & Vislie, Jon
- 861-876 Insurer-provider integration, credible commitment, and managed-care backlash
by Miller, Nolan H.
- 877-890 Examining structural breaks and growth rates in international health expenditures
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar
- 891-907 A dynamic model of supply of elective surgery in the presence of waiting times and waiting lists
by Siciliani, Luigi
- 908-926 Optimal risk adjustment with adverse selection and spatial competition
by Jack, William
- 927-944 Using discrete choice experiments to estimate a preference-based measure of outcome--An application to social care for older people
by Ryan, Mandy & Netten, Ann & Skatun, Diane & Smith, Paul
- 945-957 A welfare economics foundation for health inequality measurement
by Bleichrodt, Han & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 958-978 Don't give up on me baby: Spousal correlation in smoking behaviour
by Clark, Andrew E. & Etile, Fabrice
- 979-1003 Relative income, race, and mortality
by Miller, Douglas L. & Paxson, Christina
- 1005-1014 Reconsidering the moral hazard-risk avoidance tradeoff
by Newhouse, Joseph P.
July 2006, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 599-620 The impact of presumed consent legislation on cadaveric organ donation: A cross-country study
by Abadie, Alberto & Gay, Sebastien
- 621-649 Ill health and retirement in Britain: A panel data-based analysis
by Disney, Richard & Emmerson, Carl & Wakefield, Matthew
- 650-673 Is health insurance affordable for the uninsured?
by Bundorf, M. Kate & Pauly, Mark V.
- 674-701 Household responses to public home care programs
by Stabile, Mark & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C.
- 702-721 The effects of cardiac specialty hospitals on the cost and quality of medical care
by Barro, Jason R. & Huckman, Robert S. & Kessler, Daniel P.
- 722-739 An analysis of the length of stay and effectiveness of treatment for hip fracture patients in Japan: Evaluation of the 2002 revision of the medical service fee schedule
by Nawata, Kazumitsu & Nitta, Ayako & Watanabe, Sonoko & Kawabuchi, Koichi
- 740-761 How far to the hospital?: The effect of hospital closures on access to care
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Jacobson, Mireille & Wold, Cheryl
- 762-781 The effect of quality information on consumer health plan switching: Evidence from the Buyers Health Care Action Group
by Abraham, Jean M. & Feldman, Roger & Carlin, Caroline & Christianson, Jon
- 782-801 An ordered generalised extreme value model with application to alcohol consumption in Australia
by Harris, Mark N. & Ramful, Preety & Zhao, Xueyan
May 2006, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 395-417 Incentive-compatible guaranteed renewable health insurance premiums
by Herring, Bradley & Pauly, Mark V.
- 418-431 Using rank data to estimate health state utility models
by McCabe, Christopher & Brazier, John & Gilks, Peter & Tsuchiya, Aki & Roberts, Jennifer & O'Hagan, Anthony & Stevens, Katherine
- 432-448 "Quick and dirty numbers"?: The reliability of a stated-preference technique for the measurement of preferences for resource allocation
by Schwappach, David L.B. & Strasmann, Thomas J.
- 449-478 The effect of financial incentives on gatekeeping doctors: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Dusheiko, Mark & Gravelle, Hugh & Jacobs, Rowena & Smith, Peter
- 479-499 Selection of treatment under prospective payment systems in the hospital sector
by Siciliani, Luigi
- 500-519 Case management interviews and the return to work of disabled employees
by Hogelund, Jan & Holm, Anders
- 520-537 What influences participation in genetic carrier testing?: Results from a discrete choice experiment
by Hall, Jane & Fiebig, Denzil G. & King, Madeleine T. & Hossain, Ishrat & Louviere, Jordan J.
- 538-554 Does trade affect child health?
by Levine, David I. & Rothman, Dov
- 555-578 Endogenous longevity, biological deterioration and economic growth
by Sanso, Marcos & Aisa, Rosa M.
- 579-598 Early initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapies for AIDS: Dynamic choice with endogenous and exogenous learning
by Lasserre, Pierre & Moatti, Jean-Paul & Soubeyran, Antoine
March 2006, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 183-197 Does falling smoking lead to rising obesity?
by Gruber, Jonathan & Frakes, Michael
- 198-213 A robust approach for skewed and heavy-tailed outcomes in the analysis of health care expenditures
by Cantoni, Eva & Ronchetti, Elvezio
- 214-233 Having the wrong friends? Peer effects in adolescent substance use
by Lundborg, Petter
- 234-247 Factor substitution in nursing homes
by Cawley, John & Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A.
- 248-275 Information and consumer choice: The value of publicized health plan ratings
by Jin, Ginger Zhe & Sorensen, Alan T.
- 276-294 The effect of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement on prenatal smoking
by Levy, Douglas E. & Meara, Ellen
- 295-310 Optimal quality reporting in markets for health plans
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 311-333 The effects of cocaine and heroin price on drug-related emergency department visits
by Dave, Dhaval
- 334-346 Comparison of valuation methods used to generate the EQ-5D and the SF-6D value sets
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Brazier, John & Roberts, Jennifer
- 347-364 Body mass index and occupational attainment
by Morris, Stephen
- 365-388 Patient outcomes when hospitals experience a surge in admissions
by Evans, William N. & Kim, Beomsoo
- 389-393 Reply to Jonathan Gruber and Michael Frakes
by Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry
January 2006, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-28 Strategic integration of hospitals and physicians
by Cuellar, Alison Evans & Gertler, Paul J.
- 29-38 The effect of physician-hospital affiliations on hospital prices in California
by Ciliberto, Federico & Dranove, David
- 39-57 Persistence in Medicare reimbursements and personal medical accounts
by Rettenmaier, Andrew J. & Wang, Zijun
- 58-80 Hospital integration and vertical consolidation: An analysis of acquisitions in New York State
by Huckman, Robert S.
- 81-101 Price and the health plan choices of retirees
by Buchmueller, Thomas
- 102-130 Direct to consumer advertising in pharmaceutical markets
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Kuhn, Michael
- 131-145 Reforming health care: Evidence from quantile regressions for counts
by Winkelmann, Rainer
- 146-169 The treadmill effect in a fixed budget system
by Benstetter, Franz & Wambach, Achim
- 170-172 Severity of illness and priority setting: Worrisome lack of discussion of surprising finding
by Nord, Erik
- 173-174 Severity of illness and priority setting: Worrisome criticism of inconvenient finding?--A reply to Erik Nord
by Dolan, Paul & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 175-180 Is vertical integration anticompetitive?: Definitely maybe (but that's not final)
by Gaynor, Martin
November 2005, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 1055-1075 Assessing the macroeconomic impact of a healthcare problem: The application of computable general equilibrium analysis to antimicrobial resistance
by Smith, Richard D. & Yago, Milton & Millar, Michael & Coast, Jo
- 1076-1107 Social networks and health service utilization
by Deri, Catherine
- 1108-1131 The demand for dependent health insurance: How important is the cost of family coverage?
by Monheit, Alan C. & Vistnes, Jessica Primoff
- 1132-1153 Third party purchasing of health services: Patient choice and agency
by Chalkley, Martin & Khalil, Fahad
- 1154-1173 On the aggregation of health status measures
by Hougaard, Jens Leth & Keiding, Hans
- 1174-1190 Can family caregiving substitute for nursing home care?
by Charles, Kerwin Kofi & Sevak, Purvi
- 1191-1209 Comparing the welfare effects of public and private health care subsidies in the United Kingdom
by Parry, Ian W.H.
September 2005, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 839-854 Health care expenditure and GDP: Are they broken stationary?
by Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluis
- 855-875 Medical savings accounts in Singapore: how much is adequate?
by Chia, Ngee-Choon & Tsui, Albert K.C.
- 876-890 Family coverage expansions: Impact on insurance coverage and health care utilization of parents
by Busch, Susan H. & Duchovny, Noelia