Minimum unit prices for alcohol
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anurag Sharma & Fabrice Etilé & Kompal Sinha, 2016.
"The Effect of Introducing a Minimum Price on the Distribution of Alcohol Purchase: A Counterfactual Analysis,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(9), pages 1182-1200, September.
- Anurag Sharma & Fabrice Etilé & Kompal Sinha, 2016. "The Effect of Introducing a Minimum Price on the Distribution of Alcohol Purchase: A Counterfactual Analysis," Post-Print halshs-01380186, HAL.
- Anurag Sharma & Fabrice Etilé & Kompal Sinha, 2016. "The Effect of Introducing a Minimum Price on the Distribution of Alcohol Purchase: A Counterfactual Analysis," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01380186, HAL.
- Anurag Sharma & Fabrice Etilé & Kompal Sinha, 2016. "The Effect of Introducing a Minimum Price on the Distribution of Alcohol Purchase: A Counterfactual Analysis," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-01380186, HAL.
- Alan Brennan & Petra Meier & Robin Purshouse & Rachid Rafia & Yang Meng & Daniel Hill‐Macmanus & Colin Angus & John Holmes, 2015. "The Sheffield Alcohol Policy Model – A Mathematical Description," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(10), pages 1368-1388, October.
- Henry Saffer & Frank Chaloupka, 1994. "Alcohol Tax Equalization and Social Costs," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 33-43, Winter.
- Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun, 2013.
"Quality, Quantity, and Nutritional Impacts of Rice Price Changes in Vietnam,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 329-340.
- John Gibson & Bonggeun Kim, 2011. "Quality, Quantity and Nutritional Impact of Rice Price Changes in Vietnam," Working Papers in Economics 11/16, University of Waikato.
- Griffith, Rachel & O’Connell, Martin & Smith, Kate, 2019. "Tax design in the alcohol market," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 20-35.
- Nelson, Jon P., 2014. "Estimating the price elasticity of beer: Meta-analysis of data with heterogeneity, dependence, and publication bias," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 180-187.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2004. "Addiction and Cue-Triggered Decision Processes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1558-1590, December.
- Peter A. Diamond, 1973. "Consumption Externalities and Imperfect Corrective Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(2), pages 526-538, Autumn.
- T Nesbit, 2007. "Excise Taxation and Product Quality: The Gasoline Market," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 12(2), pages 1-14, September.
- Jan De Loecker & Paul T. Scott, 2016.
"Estimating market power Evidence from the US Brewing Industry,"
NBER Working Papers
22957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan De Loecker & Paul T. Scott, 2017. "Estimating market power Evidence from the US Brewing Industry," Working Papers 17-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1996. "New Estimates of the Optimal Tax on Alcohol," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 296-319, April.
- Vidar Christiansen & Stephen Smith, 2012. "Externality-Correcting Taxes and Regulation," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(2), pages 358-383, June.
- Thomas Aronsson & Tomas Sjögren, 2010. "An Optimal-Tax Approach to Alcohol Policy," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 66(2), pages 153-169, June.
- Sobel, Russell S & Garrett, Thomas A, 1997. "Taxation and Product Quality: New Evidence from Generic Cigarettes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 880-887, August.
- Parry Ian W. H. & West Sarah E & Laxminarayan Ramanan, 2009. "Fiscal and Externality Rationales for Alcohol Policies," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-48, July.
- Ruhm, Christopher J. & Jones, Alison Snow & McGeary, Kerry Anne & Kerr, William C. & Terza, Joseph V. & Greenfield, Thomas K. & Pandian, Ravi S., 2012.
"What U.S. data should be used to measure the price elasticity of demand for alcohol?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 851-862.
- Christopher J. Ruhm & Alison Snow Jones & William C. Kerr & Thomas K. Greenfield & Joseph V. Terza & Ravi S. Pandian & Kerry Anne McGeary, 2011. "What U.S. Data Should be Used to Measure the Price Elasticity of Demand for Alcohol?," NBER Working Papers 17578, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Qiujie Zheng & H. Holly Wang, 2017. "Market Power in the Chinese Wine Industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(1), pages 30-42, January.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Koszegi, Botond, 2004. "Tax incidence when individuals are time-inconsistent: the case of cigarette excise taxes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1959-1987, August.
- Pogue, Thomas F & Sgontz, Larry G, 1989. "Taxing to Control Social Costs: The Case of Alcohol," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 235-243, March.
- Stockwell, T. & Zhao, J. & Giesbrecht, N. & Macdonald, S. & Thomas, G. & Wettlaufer, A., 2012. "The raising of minimum alcohol prices in Saskatchewan, Canada: Impacts on consumption and implications for public health," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 102(12), pages 103-110.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gehrsitz, Markus & Saffer, Henry & Grossman, Michael, 2020.
"The Effect of Changes in Alcohol Tax Differentials on Alcohol Consumption,"
IZA Discussion Papers
13198, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Markus Gehrsitz & Henry Saffer & Michael Grossman, 2020. "The Effect of Changes in Alcohol Tax Differentials on Alcohol Consumption," NBER Working Papers 27117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markus Gehrsitz & Henry Saffer & Michael Grossman, 2020. "The effect of changes in alcohol tax differentials on alcohol consumption," Working Papers 2007, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCorrective taxes; Minimum unit price; Alcohol;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:66:y:2019:i:c:p:18-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.