Addiction and Cue-Triggered Decision Processes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627, Elsevier.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lundborg, Petter, 2006. "Having the wrong friends? Peer effects in adolescent substance use," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 214-233, March.
- Hammar, Henrik & Carlsson, Fredrik, 2001. "Smokers' Decisions To Quit Smoking," Working Papers in Economics 59, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 2021. "An Ounce of Prevention," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 101-118, Spring.
- Chen, Li-Shiun & Wang, Ping & Yao, Yao, 2018. "Power of personalized smoking cessation: A unified lifecycle framework for policy evaluation," Working Paper Series 20333, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2015.
"Smoking bans, cigarette prices and life satisfaction,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 176-194.
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2013. "Smoking bans, cigarette prices and life satisfaction," Working papers 2013/07, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2014. "Smoking Bans, Cigarette Prices and Life Satisfaction," VfS Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100559, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Reto Odermatt & Alois Stutzer, 2015. "Smoking Bans, Cigarette Prices and Life Satisfaction," CREMA Working Paper Series 2015-16, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2013. "Smoking Bans, Cigarette Prices and Life Satisfaction," IZA Discussion Papers 7177, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Peter Arcidiacono, Holger Sieg, Frank Sloan, 2001. "Living Rationally Under the Volcano? Heavy Drinking and Smoking Among the Elderly," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 207, Society for Computational Economics.
- Nikolay Gospodinov & Ian Irvine, 2005.
"A ‘long march’ perspective on tobacco use in Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(2), pages 366-393, May.
- Nikolay Gospodinov & Ian Irvine, 2005. "A `long march' perspective on tobacco use in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 366-393, May.
- Mark Coppejans & Donna Gilleskie & Holger Sieg & Koleman Strumpf, 2007.
"Consumer Demand under Price Uncertainty: Empirical Evidence from the Market for Cigarettes,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 510-521, August.
- Mark Coppejans & Donna Gilleskie & Holger Sieg & Koleman Strumpf, "undated". "Consumer Demand under Price Uncertainty: Empirical Evidence from the Market for Cigarettes," GSIA Working Papers 2006-E43, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Mark Coppejans & Donna Gilleskie & Holger Sieg & Koleman Strumpf, 2006. "Consumer Demand under Price Uncertainty: Empirical Evidence from the Market for Cigarettes," NBER Working Papers 12156, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khwaja, Ahmed & Sloan, Frank & Chung, Sukyung, 2006. "Learning about individual risk and the decision to smoke," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 683-699, July.
- Ciccarelli, Carlo & Giamboni, Luigi & Waldmann, Robert, 2007.
"Cigarette smoking, pregnancy, forward looking behavior and dynamic inconsistency,"
8878, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Luigi Giamboni & Robert J. Waldmann, 2008. "Cigarette Smoking, Pregnancy, Forward Looking Behavior and Dynamic Inconsistency," CEIS Research Paper 132, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Nov 2008.
- Anne Bretteville-Jensen, 2006. "Drug Demand – Initiation, Continuation and Quitting," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(4), pages 491-516, December.
- Robert Goldfarb & Thomas Leonard & Steven Suranovic, 2001. "Are rival theories of smoking underdetermined?," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 229-251.
- Binkley, James K., 2010. "Low Income And Poor Health Choices: The Example Of Smoking," Working papers 58419, Purdue University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Viktoria C. E. Schumann, 2022. "Prevention Effect of News Shocks in Anti-Doping Policies," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 23(4), pages 431-459, May.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2010.
"The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cornaglia, Francesca, 2009. "The effect of bans and taxes on passive smoking," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28679, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jérôme Adda & Francesca Cornaglia, 2009. "The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking," CEP Discussion Papers dp0950, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Aljoscha Janssen & Elle Parslow, 2021. "Pregnancy persistently reduces alcohol purchases: Causal evidence from scanner data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 231-247, February.
- Bünger Björn & Prinz Aloys, 2010. "Staatliche Glücksförderung? Karl Popper, Richard Layard und das Rauchen / Should public policy pursue happiness? Karl Popper, Richard Layard and smoking," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 61(1), pages 169-190, January.
- Andrienko Yury & Nemtsov Aleksandr, 2005. "Estimation of individual demand for alcohol," EERC Working Paper Series 05-10e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Skokov, R. Yu. & Brizhak, O. V., 2020. "Consumption of addictive goods in Russian regions and its impact on the quality of human capital," R-Economy, Ural Federal University, Graduate School of Economics and Management, vol. 6(1), pages 50-60.
- Irina Grafova, 2011. "Financial Strain and Smoking," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 327-340, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:94:y:2004:i:5:p:1558-1590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.