International Journal of Industrial Organization
2016, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-10 Collusion with costly consumer search
by Petrikaitė, Vaiva
- 11-24 The effect of coal combustion byproducts on price discrimination by upstream industries
by He, Qingxin & Lee, Jonathan M.
- 25-40 Do consumers correctly expect price reductions? Testing dynamic behavior
by Février, Philippe & Wilner, Lionel
- 41-59 Scrapping subsidies during the financial crisis — Evidence from Europe
by Grigolon, Laura & Leheyda, Nina & Verboven, Frank
- 60-67 Rational bidding in a procurement auction with subjective evaluations
by Goswami, Mridu Prabal & Wettstein, David
- 68-84 Entry by takeover: Auctions vs. bilateral negotiations
by Pagnozzi, Marco & Rosato, Antonio
- 85-100 Corruption in PPPs, incentives and contract incompleteness
by Iossa, Elisabetta & Martimort, David
- 101-112 Inter-firm price coordination in a two-sided market
by Kind, Hans Jarle & Nilssen, Tore & Sørgard, Lars
- 113-122 Competitive provision of tune-ins under common private information
by Celik, Levent
- 123-137 Preemptive investments under uncertainty, credibility and first mover advantages
by Ruiz-Aliseda, Francisco
- 138-153 Personalized pricing and price fairness
by Richards, Timothy J. & Liaukonyte, Jura & Streletskaya, Nadia A.
- 154-162 Consumers' quality choices during demand peaks
by Perrone, Helena
- 163-176 Rationalizability and efficiency in an asymmetric Cournot oligopoly
by Desgranges, Gabriel & Gauthier, Stéphane
- 177-190 Complementary assets, start-ups and incentives to innovate
by Colombo, Luca & Dawid, Herbert
2015, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-17 Lowest-Unmatched Price Auctions
by Eichberger, Jürgen & Vinogradov, Dmitri
- 18-29 Firm reputation and incentives to “milk” pending patents
by Koenen, Johannes & Peitz, Martin
- 30-47 Net Neutrality and internet fragmentation: The role of online advertising
by D'Annunzio, Anna & Russo, Antonio
- 48-55 Monitoring, cross subsidies, and universal banking
by Choi, Jay Pil & Stefanadis, Christodoulos
- 56-65 Buyer power through the differentiation of suppliers
by Chambolle, Claire & Villas-Boas, Sofia B.
- 66-79 How many patents does it take to signal innovation quality?
by Comino, Stefano & Graziano, Clara
- 80-97 Price leadership and unequal market sharing: Collusion in experimental markets
by Dijkstra, Peter T.
- 98-110 Dynamic branching and interest rate competition of commercial banks: Evidence from Hungary
by Temesvary, Judit
- 111-121 Robust exclusion and market division through loyalty discounts
by Elhauge, Einer & Wickelgren, Abraham L.
- 122-135 Estimating the tradeoff between risk protection and moral hazard with a nonlinear budget set model of health insurance
by Kowalski, Amanda E.
- 137-141 Regulating commissions in markets with advice
by Inderst, Roman
- 142-147 Do tying, bundling, and other purchase restraints increase product quality?
by Dana, James D. & Spier, Kathryn E.
- 148-161 Market definition, market power
by Kaplow, Louis
- 162-174 Multi-sided platforms
by Hagiu, Andrei & Wright, Julian
- 175-181 Price discrimination on booking time
by Ata, Barış & Dana, James D.
- 182-188 The properties of product line prices
by Johnson, Justin P. & Myatt, David P.
- 189-207 Selective entry and auction design
by Sweeting, Andrew & Bhattacharya, Vivek
2015, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-18 Divestiture requirements as a tool for competition policy: A case from the Swedish beer market
by Friberg, Richard & Romahn, André
- 19-22 Pricing the razor: A note on two-part tariffs
by Schmalensee, Richard
- 23-33 Innovation in a generalized timing game
by Smirnov, Vladimir & Wait, Andrew
- 34-45 Gender-based price discrimination in matching markets
by Trégouët, Thomas
- 46-56 An empirical investigation of the determinants of asymmetric pricing
by Remer, Marc
- 57-69 The path of R&D efficiency over time
by Beneito, Pilar & Rochina-Barrachina, María Engracia & Sanchis, Amparo
- 70-80 Penalizing cartels: The case for basing penalties on price overcharge
by Katsoulacos, Yannis & Motchenkova, Evgenia & Ulph, David
- 81-93 Do Edgeworth price cycles lead to higher or lower prices?
by Noel, Michael D.
- 94-105 Actual and potential competition in international telecommunications
by Pearcy, Jason & Savage, Scott J.
- 106-119 The discontent cartel member and cartel collapse: The case of the German cement cartel
by Harrington, Joseph E. & Hüschelrath, Kai & Laitenberger, Ulrich & Smuda, Florian
- 120-128 Putting on a tight leash and levelling playing field: An experiment in strategic obfuscation and consumer protection
by Gu, Yiquan & Wenzel, Tobias
2015, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-8 Team composition, worker effort and welfare
by Bel, Roland & Smirnov, Vladimir & Wait, Andrew
- 9-18 The value of transparency in multidivisional firms
by Piccolo, Salvatore & Tarantino, Emanuele & Ursino, Giovanni
- 19-29 Denying leniency to cartel instigators: Costs and benefits
by Chen, Zhiqi & Ghosh, Subhadip & Ross, Thomas W.
- 30-41 On two-part tariff competition in a homogeneous product duopoly
by Griva, Krina & Vettas, Nikolaos
- 42-50 Multi-market collusion with territorial allocation
by Bhattacharjea, Aditya & Sinha, Uday Bhanu
- 51-63 Merger efficiency and managerial incentives
by Kräkel, Matthias & Müller, Daniel
- 64-75 Disruption costs, learning by doing, and technology adoption
by Pérez, Carlos J. & Ponce, Carlos J.
- 76-83 Remix rights and negotiations over the use of copy-protected works
by Gans, Joshua S.
- 84-96 Network effects, aftermarkets and the Coase conjecture: A dynamic Markovian approach
by Laussel, Didier & Van Long, Ngo & Resende, Joana
2015, Volume 40, Issue C
- 1-10 Is exclusionary pricing anticompetitive in two-sided markets?
by Vasconcelos, Helder
- 11-21 Auctions with imperfect commitment when the reserve may signal the cost to re-auction
by Jun, Byoung Heon & Wolfstetter, Elmar G.
- 22-31 Incentives and management styles
by Shin, Dongsoo
- 32-48 Endogenous price commitment, sticky and leadership pricing: Evidence from the Italian petrol market
by Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick & Franck, Jens-Uwe
- 49-59 Oligopoly intermediation, relative rivalry and market conduct
by Hamilton, Stephen F. & Bontems, Philippe & Lepore, Jason
- 60-66 Optimal nonlinear pricing by a monopolist with information ambiguity
by Zheng, Mingli & Wang, Chong & Li, Chaozheng
- 67-80 A dynamic analysis of entry regulations and productivity in retail trade
by Maican, Florin & Orth, Matilda
- 81-90 Centrality and pricing in spatially differentiated markets: The case of gasoline
by Firgo, Matthias & Pennerstorfer, Dieter & Weiss, Christoph R.
- 91-106 Serial entrepreneurship, learning by doing and self-selection
by Rocha, Vera & Carneiro, Anabela & Amorim Varum, Celeste
- 107-118 The effect of competition on eBay
by Newberry, Peter W.
2015, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-9 Exclusion through speculation
by Argenton, Cédric & Willems, Bert
- 10-18 Profit sharing and market structure
by Poblete, Joaquín
- 19-28 An economic analysis of deferred examination system: Evidence from a policy reform in Japan
by Yamauchi, Isamu & Nagaoka, Sadao
- 29-43 Who should handle retail? Vertical contracts, customer service, and social welfare in a Chinese mobile phone market
by Li, Jia & Moul, Charles C.
- 44-55 In Google we trust?
by Burguet, Roberto & Caminal, Ramon & Ellman, Matthew
- 56-70 The effect of competition on trade: Evidence from the collapse of international cartels
by Levenstein, Margaret C. & Sivadasan, Jagadeesh & Suslow, Valerie Y.
- 71-80 Buyer resistance for cartel versus merger
by Kumar, Vikram & Marshall, Robert C. & Marx, Leslie M. & Samkharadze, Lily
- 81-89 International harmonization of the patent-issuing rules
by Miyagiwa, Kaz & Ohno, Yuka
2015, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-18 Buyer power and exclusion in vertically related markets
by Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Johansen, Bjørn Olav
- 19-31 Mechanism choice and the buy-it-now auction: A structural model of competing buyers and sellers
by Bauner, Christoph
- 32-43 The 80/20 rule: Corporate support for innovation by employees
by Krasteva, Silvana & Sharma, Priyanka & Wagman, Liad
- 44-51 Refunds and returns in a vertically differentiated industry
by Inderst, Roman & Tirosh, Gilad
2014, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-12 Acquisitions, entry, and innovation in oligopolistic network industries
by Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars & Tå̊g, Joacim
- 13-22 Motivating regulated suppliers to assess alternative technologies, protocols, and capital structures
by Jamison, Mark & Mandy, David M. & Sappington, David E.M.
- 23-37 The elusive wage-benefit trade-off: The case of employer-provided health insurance
by DeVaro, Jed & Maxwell, Nan L.
- 38-46 Per unit vs. ad valorem royalties under asymmetric information
by Heywood, John S. & Li, Jianpei & Ye, Guangliang
- 47-64 Estimating the foreclosure effect of exclusive dealing: Evidence from the entry of specialty beer producers
by Chen, Chia-Wen
- 65-74 Secret reserve prices in first-price auctions
by Rosar, Frank
- 75-83 Collusion at the extensive margin
by Byford, Martin C. & Gans, Joshua S.
- 84-98 Estimating the impact of low-income universal service programs
by Ackerberg, Daniel A. & DeRemer, David R. & Riordan, Michael H. & Rosston, Gregory L. & Wimmer, Bradley S.
- 99-108 Indirect network effects and the quality dimension: A look at the gaming industry
by Kim, Jin-Hyuk & Prince, Jeffrey & Qiu, Calvin
- 109-117 Information and quality with an increasing number of brands
by Alcalá, Francisco & González-Maestre, Miguel & Martínez-Pardina, Irene
- 118-129 On the role of verifiability and commitment in credence goods markets
by Fong, Yuk-fai & Liu, Ting & Wright, Donald J.
- 130-140 Optimal strategy of multi-product retailers with relative thinking and reference prices
by Azar, Ofer H.
- 141-152 Efficiency of uniform pricing in universal service obligations
by Poudou, Jean-Christophe & Roland, Michel
- 153-169 On the strategic value of risk management
by Léautier, Thomas-Olivier & Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 170-177 Incentives through consumer learning about tastes
by Schumacher, Heiner
- 178-191 Estimating demand elasticities using nonlinear pricing
by Dalton, Christina M.
- 192-200 Consumer inference and the regulation of consumer information
by Schmeiser, Steven
- 201-208 Modeling the effects of mergers in procurement
by Miller, Nathan H.
- 209-221 What types of switching costs to create under behavior-based price discrimination?
by Rhee, Ki-Eun
- 222-228 Search duplication in research and design spaces — Exploring the role of local competition
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 229-237 Experimenting with purchase history based price discrimination
by Brokesova, Zuzana & Deck, Cary & Peliova, Jana
2014, Volume 36, Issue C
- 4-21 Cooperating with competitors: Patent pooling and choice of a new standard
by Gallini, Nancy
- 22-35 Standards, consortia, and innovation
by Baron, Justus & Ménière, Yann & Pohlmann, Tim
- 36-47 Innovating standards through informal consortia: The case of wireless telecommunications
by Delcamp, Henry & Leiponen, Aija
- 48-56 Evolving technologies and standards regulation
by Cabral, Luís & Salant, David
- 57-69 Moving beyond simple examples: Assessing the incremental value rule within standards
by Layne-Farrar, Anne & Llobet, Gerard
- 70-82 International standards and international trade: Empirical evidence from ISO 9000 diffusion
by Clougherty, Joseph A. & Grajek, Michał
- 83-94 Intellectual property rights and the evolution of scientific journals as knowledge platforms
by Fehder, Daniel C. & Murray, Fiona & Stern, Scott
2014, Volume 35, Issue C
- 1-11 One pool to insure them all? Age, risk and the price(s) of medical insurance
by Koch, Thomas G.
- 12-28 Exchange rate fluctuations, plant turnover and productivity
by Tomlin, Ben
- 29-43 Does innovation stimulate employment? A firm-level analysis using comparable micro-data from four European countries
by Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina
- 44-59 Speculative storage in imperfectly competitive markets
by Mitraille, Sébastien & Thille, Henry
- 60-69 Aftermarket power and foremarket competition
by Cabral, Luís
- 70-83 Entry, imperfect competition, and futures market for the input
by Dionne, Georges & Santugini, Marc
- 84-93 Fraud, investments and liability regimes in payment platforms
by Creti, Anna & Verdier, Marianne
2014, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-8 Price discrimination through refund contracts in airlines
by Escobari, Diego & Jindapon, Paan
- 9-24 Divesting ownership in a rival
by Brito, Duarte & Cabral, Luís & Vasconcelos, Helder
- 25-35 Information and two-sided platform profits
by Hagiu, Andrei & Hałaburda, Hanna
- 37-43 European banking: Bailout, bail-in and state aid control
by Dewatripont, Mathias
- 44-50 What is a good reputation? Career concerns with heterogeneous audiences
by Bar-Isaac, Heski & Deb, Joyee
- 51-65 Seller reputation: From word-of-mouth to centralized feedback
by Cai, Hongbin & Jin, Ginger Zhe & Liu, Chong & Zhou, Li-an
- 66-74 Accept or reject? An organizational perspective
by Garfagnini, Umberto & Ottaviani, Marco & Sørensen, Peter Norman
- 75-79 Incumbency advantages, distribution networks and exclusivity — Evidence from the European car markets
by Nurski, Laura & Verboven, Frank
- 80-84 Consumer privacy in oligopolistic markets: Winners, losers, and welfare
by Taylor, Curtis & Wagman, Liad
- 85-90 Axiomatic measures of intellectual influence
by Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio & Volij, Oscar
2014, Volume 32, Issue C
- 1-10 Bidimensional vertical differentiation
by Garella, Paolo G. & Lambertini, Luca
- 11-23 Regulation, enforcement, and entry: Evidence from the Spanish local TV industry
by Nishida, Mitsukuni & Gil, Ricard
- 24-32 Product choice under price regulation: Evidence from out-patient dialysis markets
by Dai, Mian
- 33-45 Austrian-style gasoline price regulation: How it may backfire
by Obradovits, Martin
- 46-56 Elasticity of demand and behaviour-based price discrimination
by Esteves, Rosa-Branca & Reggiani, Carlo
- 57-69 Competition between multiple asymmetric networks: Theory and applications
by Hoernig, Steffen
- 70-83 The relationship between academic consulting and research performance: Evidence from five Spanish universities
by Rentocchini, Francesco & D'Este, Pablo & Manjarrés-Henríquez, Liney & Grimaldi, Rosa
- 84-90 The impact of sales tax on internet and catalog sales: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Hu, Yu Jeffrey & Tang, Zhulei
2013, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 677-689 E-commerce as a stockpiling technology: Implications for consumer savings
by Pozzi, Andrea
- 690-701 Search engines: Left side quality versus right side profits
by White, Alexander
- 702-713 Commercial software, adware, and consumer privacy
by Spiegel, Yossi
- 714-722 On platforms, incomplete contracts, and open source software
by Niedermayer, Andras
- 723-737 The role of online platforms for media markets — Two-dimensional spatial competition in a two-sided market
by von Ehrlich, Maximilian & Greiner, Tanja
- 738-750 Termination fees revisited
by Jullien, Bruno & Rey, Patrick & Sand-Zantman, Wilfried
- 751-759 Tariff-mediated network effects versus strategic discounting: Evidence from German mobile telecommunications
by Zucchini, Leon & Claussen, Jörg & Trüg, Moritz
- 760-773 Delineating markets for bundles with consumer level data: The case of triple-play
by Pereira, Pedro & Ribeiro, Tiago & Vareda, João
2013, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 355-367 Information content of advertising: Empirical evidence from the OTC analgesic industry
by Anderson, Simon P. & Ciliberto, Federico & Liaukonyte, Jura
- 368-381 Multimarket contact in Italian retail banking: Competition and welfare
by Molnar, Jozsef & Violi, Roberto & Zhou, Xiaolan
- 382-391 Horizontal mergers with synergies: Cash vs. profit-share auctions
by Ding, Wei & Fan, Cuihong & Wolfstetter, Elmar G.
- 392-403 Identifying and characterising price leadership in British supermarkets
by Seaton, Jonathan S. & Waterson, Michael
- 404-416 Price promotions in emerging markets
by Mathur, Sameer & Sinitsyn, Maxim
- 417-428 Multi-dimensional price discrimination
by Liu, Qihong & Shuai, Jie
- 429-437 On the competition enhancing effects of exclusive dealing contracts
by Gratz, Linda & Reisinger, Markus
- 438-451 Competing through information provision
by Forand, Jean Guillaume
- 452-461 Revenue maximizing with return policy when buyers have uncertain valuations
by Zhang, Jun
- 462-476 Regulatory bias in the price structure of local telephone service
by Pérez Montes, Carlos
- 477-487 Competition and investment — A unified approach
by Schmutzler, Armin
- 488-500 Delegation of information verification
by Kim, Doyoung
- 501-515 Trading between agents for a better match
by Lee, Frances (Zhiyun Xu)
- 516-526 Naked exclusion by a dominant input supplier: Exclusive contracting and loyalty discounts
by DeGraba, Patrick
- 527-537 R&D competition versus R&D cooperation in oligopolistic markets with evolving structure
by Dawid, H. & Kopel, M. & Kort, P.M.
- 538-553 Pharmaceutical followers
by Arcidiacono, Peter & Ellickson, Paul B. & Landry, Peter & Ridley, David B.
- 554-568 Mergers, coordinated effects and efficiency in the Portuguese non-life insurance industry
by Brito, Duarte & Pereira, Pedro & Ramalho, Joaquim J.S.
- 569-586 Exclusionary discounts
by Ordover, Janusz A. & Shaffer, Greg
- 587-602 Optimal choice of a reserve price under uncertainty
by Kim, Dong-Hyuk
- 603-611 Multi-market contact and competition: evidence from the Depression-era portland cement industry
by Chicu, Mark & Ziebarth, Nicolas L.
- 612-625 Provider competition and healthcare quality: More bang for the buck?
by Katz, Michael L.
- 626-633 The economic value of patented inventions: Thoughts and some open questions
by Gambardella, Alfonso
- 634-642 Market failures and the additionality effects of public support to private R&D: Theory and empirical implications
by Takalo, Tuomas & Tanayama, Tanja & Toivanen, Otto
- 643-651 Credit rating industry: A helicopter tour of stylized facts and recent theories
by Jeon, Doh-Shin & Lovo, Stefano
- 652-658 Strategic conduct in credit derivative markets
by Bolton, Patrick & Oehmke, Martin
- 659-665 Efficient assignment mechanisms for liquidity-constrained agents
by Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian & Kim, Jinwoo
- 666-675 Auctions with contingent payments — An overview
by Skrzypacz, Andrzej
2013, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 307-321 The impact of cross-border mergers and acquisitions on the acquirers' R&D — Firm-level evidence
by Stiebale, Joel
- 322-330 Better product at same cost, lower sales and lower welfare
by Balan, David J. & Deltas, George
- 331-341 Advertising expenditure and consumer prices
by Rauch, Ferdinand
- 342-353 Breaking up a research consortium
by Niedermayer, Andras & Wu, Jianjun
2013, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 198-210 Classic promotion tournaments versus market-based tournaments
by Waldman, Michael
- 211-222 Contest functions: Theoretical foundations and issues in estimation
by Jia, Hao & Skaperdas, Stergios & Vaidya, Samarth
- 223-237 Are tournaments optimal over piece rates under limited liability for the principal?
by Marinakis, Kosmas & Tsoulouhas, Theofanis
- 238-247 Incentives and compensation schemes: An experimental study
by Agranov, Marina & Tergiman, Chloe
- 248-260 Heterogeneity in tournaments with incomplete information: An experimental analysis
by Hammond, Robert G. & Zheng, Xiaoyong
- 261-266 Incomplete information and rent dissipation in deterministic contests
by Kirkegaard, René
- 267-277 Competitive effect of cross-shareholdings in all-pay auctions with complete information
by Fu, Qiang & Lu, Jingfeng
- 278-286 Side-payments and the costs of conflict
by Kimbrough, Erik O. & Sheremeta, Roman M.
- 287-296 Best-of-three contest experiments: Strategic versus psychological momentum
by Mago, Shakun D. & Sheremeta, Roman M. & Yates, Andrew
- 297-306 Endogenous strength in conflicts
by Beviá, Carmen & Corchón, Luis C.
2013, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 131-144 Targeted pricing and customer data sharing among rivals
by Jentzsch, Nicola & Sapi, Geza & Suleymanova, Irina
- 145-152 Two-sided matching in the loan market
by Chen, Jiawei & Song, Kejun
- 153-163 Can information costs affect consumer choice? Nutritional labels in a supermarket experiment
by Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B.
- 164-180 Direct-to-consumer advertising and consumer welfare
by Jayawardhana, Jayani
- 181-194 Informing the uninformed: How drug advertising affects check-up visits
by Hosken, Daniel & Wendling, Brett
2013, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-11 Price matching guarantees and consumer search
by Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Parakhonyak, Alexei
- 12-25 Optimal asset divestments with homogeneous products
by Federico, Giulio & López, Ángel L.
- 26-35 Testing for collusion in asymmetric first-price auctions
by Aryal, Gaurab & Gabrielli, Maria F.
- 36-49 Industry equilibrium with open-source and proprietary firms
by Llanes, Gastón & de Elejalde, Ramiro
- 50-63 Knowledge spillovers and intellectual property rights
by Samaniego, Roberto M.
- 64-82 Liberalizing the gas industry: Take-or-pay contracts, retail competition and wholesale trade
by Polo, Michele & Scarpa, Carlo
- 83-91 The effects of competition on the R&D portfolios of multiproduct firms
by Lin, Ping & Zhou, Wen
- 92-101 Equilibrium analysis of dynamic models of imperfect competition
by Escobar, Juan F.
- 102-118 Menu costs and dynamic duopoly
by Kano, Kazuko
- 119-130 The arm's length principle and tacit collusion
by Choe, Chongwoo & Matsushima, Noriaki
2012, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 483-495 Upstream uncertainty and countervailing power
by Smith, Howard & Thanassoulis, John
- 496-507 Identifying critical mass in the global cellular telephony market
by Grajek, Michał & Kretschmer, Tobias
- 508-517 Collusion in experimental Bertrand duopolies with convex costs: The role of cost asymmetry
by Argenton, Cédric & Müller, Wieland
- 518-527 Abuse of dominance and licensing of intellectual property
by Rey, Patrick & Salant, David
- 528-540 Global cartels, leniency programs and international antitrust cooperation
by Choi, Jay Pil & Gerlach, Heiko
- 541-552 Promoting network competition by regulating termination charges
by Hurkens, Sjaak & Jeon, Doh-Shin
- 553-563 Vertical coordination through renegotiation
by Bedre-Defolie, Ö.
- 564-577 Bankruptcy and product-market competition: Evidence from the airline industry
by Ciliberto, Federico & Schenone, Carola
- 578-592 Claim efficiencies or offer remedies? An analysis of litigation strategies in EC mergers
by Ormosi, Peter L.
- 593-604 Product differentiation decisions under ambiguous consumer demand and pessimistic expectations
by Król, Michał