International Journal of Industrial Organization
July 2008, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 1032-1043 Information acquisition and optimal project management
by Shin, Dongsoo
- 1044-1058 The value of knowledge spillovers in the U.S. semiconductor industry
by Deng, Yi
May 2008, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 625-642 Pricing in the shadow of firm turnover: ISPs during the 1990s
by Stranger, Greg & Greenstein, Shane
- 643-661 Strategic buyers, horizontal mergers and synergies: An experimental investigation
by Davis, Douglas D. & Wilson, Bart J.
- 662-678 A theory of consumer referral
by Jun, Tackseung & Kim, Jeong-Yoo
- 679-694 Forward contracts and market power in an electricity market
by Anderson, Edward J. & Hu, Xinmin
- 695-703 On additive spillovers and returns to scale in R&D
by Amir, Rabah & Jin, Jim Y. & Troege, Michael
- 704-715 Collusive price leadership with capacity constraints
by Ishibashi, Ikuo
- 716-729 An experiment on spatial price competition
by Orzen, Henrik & Sefton, Martin
- 730-745 Incumbency and entry in license auctions: The Anglo-Dutch auction meets another simple alternative
by Azacis, Helmuts & Burguet, Roberto
- 746-761 Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium with a large number of firms
by Roy Chowdhury, Prabal
- 762-802 Cartel price announcements: The vitamins industry
by Marshall, Robert C. & Marx, Leslie M. & Raiff, Matthew E.
- 803-810 Partial coordination and mergers among quantity-setting firms
by Escrihuela-Villar, Marc
- 811-828 Disagreement in bargaining: An empirical analysis of OPEC
by Hyndman, Kyle
- 829-845 Delivered versus mill nonlinear pricing with endogenous market structure
by Jorge, Sílvia Ferreira & Pires, Cesaltina Pacheco
- 846-859 Auctions to implement the efficient market structure
by Gebhardt, Georg & Wambach, Achim
March 2008, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 393-411 To build or not to build: Normative and positive theories of public-private partnerships
by Martimort, David & Pouyet, Jerome
- 412-420 Public-private partnerships and government spending limits
by Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean
- 421-442 Renegotiation of concession contracts in Latin America: Evidence from the water and transport sectors
by Guasch, J. Luis & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Straub, Stéphane
- 443-458 Exploring the effects of competition for railway markets
by Lalive, Rafael & Schmutzler, Armin
- 459-472 Price, price dispersion and number of sellers at a low entry cost shopbot
by Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve
- 473-489 Two-part tariffs with quality degradation
by Jensen, Sissel
- 490-501 Sunk costs, entry deterrence, and financial constraints
by Arping, Stefan & Diaw, Khaled M.
- 502-516 Package size and price discrimination in the paper towel market
by Cohen, Andrew
- 517-531 Consumer and competitor reactions: Evidence from a field experiment
by Barron, John M. & Umbeck, John R. & Waddell, Glen R.
- 532-545 Real options -- delay vs. pre-emption: Do industrial characteristics matter?
by Driver, Ciaran & Temple, Paul & Urga, Giovanni
- 546-556 Umbrella branding and the provision of quality
by Hakenes, Hendrik & Peitz, Martin
- 557-572 Market performance and collusion in sequential and simultaneous multi-object auctions: Evidence from an ascending auctions experiment
by Sherstyuk, Katerina & Dulatre, Jeremy
- 573-585 Putting people first? Chinese state-owned enterprises' adjustment to globalisation
by Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan
- 586-597 Strategic incentives for market share
by Ritz, Robert A.
- 598-606 Statistical moments analysis of production and welfare in multi-product Cournot oligopoly
by Lapan, Harvey E. & Hennessy, David A.
- 607-615 The commitment value of the debt: A reappraisal
by Franck, Bernard & Le Pape, Nicolas
- 616-624 The strategic use of debt reconsidered
by Haan, Marco A. & Toolsema, Linda A.
January 2008, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-16 Outsourcing, vertical integration, and price vs. quantity competition
by Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian & Sappington, David E.M.
- 17-40 Lobbies, delegation and the under-investment problem in regulation
by Evans, Joanne & Levine, Paul & Trillas, Francesc
- 41-58 Bundling may blockade entry
by Peitz, Martin
- 59-68 Signaling the environmental performance of polluting products to green consumers
by Mahenc, Philippe
- 69-91 Endogenous mergers and endogenous efficiency gains: The efficiency defence revisited
by Banal-Estanol, Albert & Macho-Stadler, Ines & Seldeslachts, Jo
- 92-112 On informative advertising and product differentiation
by Christou, C. & Vettas, N.
- 113-136 Determinants of R&D cooperation: Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
by Lopez, Alberto
- 137-149 Optimal fragmentation of intellectual property rights
by Kultti, Klaus & Takalo, Tuomas
- 150-167 Regulation in the automobile industry
by de Palma, Andre & Kilani, Moez
- 168-185 Disadvantageous collusion and government regulation
by Ma, Tay-Cheng
- 186-205 The effects of ownership and benchmark competition: An empirical analysis of U.S. water systems
by Wallsten, Scott & Kosec, Katrina
- 206-212 Gathering information before signing a contract: A screening perspective
by Compte, Olivier & Jehiel, Philippe
- 213-226 Screening contracts in the presence of positive network effects
by Csorba, Gergely
- 227-246 Exclusive dealing with imperfect downstream competition
by Abito, Jose Miguel & Wright, Julian
- 247-265 Intimidating competitors -- Endogenous vertical integration and downstream investment in successive oligopoly
by Buehler, Stefan & Schmutzler, Armin
- 266-287 Entry for merger with flexible manufacturing: Implications for competition policy
by Innes, Robert
- 288-307 Demand for differentiated products: Price and advertising evidence from the U.S. beer market
by Rojas, Christian & Peterson, Everett B.
- 308-326 Media substitution in advertising: A spirited case study
by Frank, Mark W.
- 327-353 The organization of regulated production: Complementarities, correlation and collusion
by Jansen, Jos & Jeon, Doh-Shin & Menicucci, Domenico
- 354-371 Advertising and consumer search in a duopoly model
by Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Non, Marielle C.
- 372-392 Intermediaries as quality assessors: Tour operators in the travel industry
by Clerides, Sofronis & Nearchou, Paris & Pashardes, Panos
December 2007, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 1163-1178 Position auctions
by Varian, Hal R.
- 1179-1189 Empirical tests of information aggregation
by Yin, Pai-Ling
- 1190-1212 Auction hosting site pricing and market equilibrium with endogenous bidder and seller participation
by Deltas, George & Jeitschko, Thomas D.
- 1213-1232 Estimating demand from eBay prices
by Adams, Christopher P.
- 1233-1268 Bidding asymmetries in multi-unit auctions: Implications of bid function equilibria in the British spot market for electricity
by Crawford, Gregory S. & Crespo, Joseph & Tauchen, Helen
- 1269-1298 Auction choice
by Li, Huagang & Riley, John G.
October 2007, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 879-883 Introduction to special issue on negotiations and cooperative arrangements in industrial organization: Models and applications
by Gans, Joshua S. & Inderst, Roman
- 884-907 Bilateral oligopoly -- The efficiency of intermediate goods markets
by Bjornerstedt, Jonas & Stennek, Johan
- 908-924 Leveraging buyer power
by Inderst, Roman
- 925-934 Social desirability of free entry: A bilateral oligopoly analysis
by Ghosh, Arghya & Morita, Hodaka
- 935-962 The competition effects of industry-wide vertical price fixing in bilateral oligopoly
by Dobson, Paul W. & Waterson, Michael
- 963-987 Upstream horizontal mergers, vertical contracts, and bargaining
by Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel
- 988-1010 Buyer-supplier interaction, asset specificity, and product choice
by Erkal, Nisvan
- 1011-1025 Creating monopoly power
by Stuart Jr., Harborne W.
- 1026-1045 Wholesale access in multi-firm markets: When is it profitable to supply a competitor?
by Ordover, Janusz & Shaffer, Greg
- 1046-1060 Vertical contracting between airlines: An equilibrium analysis of codeshare alliances
by Chen, Yongmin & Gayle, Philip G.
- 1061-1088 Financing and access in cooperatives
by Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean
- 1089-1108 Absorptive capacity, R&D spillovers, and public policy
by Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J. Peter
- 1109-1125 Rent shifting and the order of negotiations
by Marx, Leslie M. & Shaffer, Greg
- 1126-1143 Ordered bargaining
by Raskovich, Alexander
- 1144-1157 Who pays when auction rules are bent?
by McAdams, David & Schwarz, Michael
August 2007, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 643-655 "Make-or-buy" in movies: Integration and ex-post renegotiation
by Gil, Ricard
- 657-674 Are loyalty-rewarding pricing schemes anti-competitive?
by Caminal, Ramon & Claici, Adina
- 675-699 Innovation and the dynamics and evolution of industries: Progress and challenges
by Malerba, Franco
- 701-720 The effects of government grants on plant survival: A micro-econometric analysis
by Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric
- 721-739 Competition in the Swedish coffee market, 1978-2002
by Durevall, Dick
- 741-759 Royalties vs. fees: How do firms pay for foreign technology?
by Vishwasrao, Sharmila
- 761-790 Skimming the other's cream: Competitive effects of an asymmetric universal service obligation
by Bourguignon, Helene & Ferrando, Jorge
- 791-820 Measuring economies of vertical integration in network industries: An application to the water sector
by Garcia, Serge & Moreaux, Michel & Reynaud, Arnaud
- 821-841 Productivity information in vertical sharing agreements
by Creane, Anthony
- 843-859 Efficiency gains from organizational innovation: Comparing ordinal and cardinal tournament games in broiler contracts
by Zheng, Xiaoyong & Vukina, Tomislav
- 861-875 Insisting on a non-negative price: Oligopoly, uncertainty, welfare, and multiple equilibria
by Lagerlof, Johan N.M.
- 875-877 Corrigendum to "OPEC and the international oil market: Can a cartel fuel the engine of economic development?" [Internat. J. of Ind. Organization 25 (2007) 187-199]
by Noguera, Jose & Pecchenino, Rowena A.
June 2007, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 431-440 Perfect price discrimination with costless arbitrage
by Gans, Joshua S. & King, Stephen P.
- 441-460 A market test for sex discrimination: Evidence from Japanese firm-level panel data
by Kawaguchi, Daiji
- 461-481 Entry, costs reduction, and competition in the Portuguese mobile telephony industry
by Gagnepain, Philippe & Pereira, Pedro
- 483-510 Licensing of university inventions: The role of a technology transfer office
by Macho-Stadler, Ines & Perez-Castrillo, David & Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 511-529 What is the impact of software patent shifts? Evidence from Lotus v. Borland
by Lerner, Josh & Zhu, Feng
- 531-539 A note on strategic delegation: The market share case
by Jansen, Thijs & van Lier, Arie & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen
- 541-574 On the diffusion of electronic commerce
by Dinlersoz, Emin M. & Pereira, Pedro
- 575-581 Bundling, tying, and collusion
by Spector, David
- 583-595 A theory of credit cards
by Chakravorti, Sujit & To, Ted
- 597-614 Should auctioneers supply early information for prospective bidders?
by Vagstad, Steinar
- 615-630 Buyer symmetry in monopoly
by Stuart, Harborne Jr.
- 631-641 Optimal organization in a sequential investment problem with the principal's cancellation option
by Tamada, Yasunari & Tsai, Tsung-Sheng
April 2007, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 219-236 Regulatory delay and the timing of product innovation
by Prieger, James E.
- 237-260 Hierarchies, intra-firm competition and mergers
by Ziss, Steffen
- 261-274 Imperfect competition, integer constraints and industry dynamics
by Amir, Rabah & Lambson, Val E.
- 275-290 Minimum quality standards and market dominance in vertically differentiated duopoly
by Kuhn, Michael
- 291-313 The effect of shill bidding upon prices: Experimental evidence
by Kosmopoulou, Georgia & De Silva, Dakshina G.
- 315-339 Resale price maintenance under asymmetric information
by Martimort, David & Piccolo, Salvatore
- 341-354 Competition or collusion? Negotiating discounts off posted prices
by Raskovich, Alexander
- 355-378 Market segmentation and collusive behavior
by Liu, Qihong & Serfes, Konstantinos
- 379-389 Conducting inaccurate audits to commit to the audit policy
by Finkle, Aaron & Shin, Dongsoo
- 391-415 Herding with and without payoff externalities -- an internet experiment
by Drehmann, Mathias & Oechssler, Jorg & Roider, Andreas
- 417-429 Product innovation and parallel trade
by Li, Changying & Robles, Jack
February 2007, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-12 In praise of the Old I.O
by Caves, Richard E.
- 13-30 Equilibrium demand elasticities across quality segments
by Coibion, Olivier & Einav, Liran & Hallak, Juan Carlos
- 31-49 Information-sharing implications of horizontal mergers
by Banal-Estanol, Albert
- 51-67 Firm size and diversification: Multiproduct firms in asymmetric oligopoly
by Grossmann, Volker
- 69-89 Vertical cross-shareholding: Theory and experimental evidence
by Guth, Werner & Nikiforakis, Nikos & Normann, Hans-Theo
- 91-102 Partial outsourcing: A real options perspective
by Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Stenbacka, Rune
- 103-119 Optimal R&D investment strategies under the threat of new technology entry
by Lukach, R. & Kort, P.M. & Plasmans, J.
- 121-138 The effects of patent regime changes: A case study of the European patent office
by Deng, Yi
- 139-156 The beginning of online/retail competition and its origins: An application to personal computers
by Prince, Jeffrey T.
- 157-172 Horizontal mergers with free entry
by Davidson, Carl & Mukherjee, Arijit
- 173-185 Welfare reductions from small cost reductions in differentiated oligopoly
by Wang, X. Henry & Zhao, Jingang
- 187-199 OPEC and the international oil market: Can a cartel fuel the engine of economic development?
by Noguera, Jose & Pecchecnino, Rowena A.
- 201-217 Reexamining the effect of the most-favored-nation provision in input prices on R and D incentives
by Kim, Jeong-Yoo & Nahm, Jae
November 2006, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 1079-1082 The economics of cartels, cartel policy, and collusion: Introduction to the special issue
by Hinloopen, Jeroen & Martin, Stephen
- 1083-1107 Examining models of collusion: The market for lysine
by de Roos, Nicolas
- 1109-1137 Cartel overcharges: Survey and meta-analysis
by Connor, John M. & Bolotova, Yuliya
- 1139-1156 On the use of low-price guarantees to discourage price cutting
by Arbatskaya, Maria & Hviid, Morten & Shaffer, Greg
- 1157-1184 The risk of contagion from multimarket contact
by Thomas, Charles J. & Willig, Robert D.
- 1185-1212 Cartel pricing dynamics with cost variability and endogenous buyer detection
by Harrington, Joseph Jr. & Chen, Joe
- 1213-1229 Internal cartel stability with time-dependent detection probabilities
by Hinloopen, Jeroen
- 1231-1240 On optimal cartel deterrence policies
by Frezal, Sylvestre
- 1241-1266 The impact of leniency and whistle-blowing programs on cartels
by Aubert, Cecile & Rey, Patrick & Kovacic, William E.
- 1267-1297 Imperfect competition law enforcement
by Schinkel, Maarten Pieter & Tuinstra, Jan
- 1299-1332 Competition policy, collusion, and tacit collusion
by Martin, Stephen
September 2006, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 867-885 Corruption in procurement and public purchase
by Auriol, Emmanuelle
- 887-906 The interaction of task and asset allocation
by Corts, Kenneth S.
- 907-913 Why the music industry may gain from free downloading -- The role of sampling
by Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick
- 915-929 Relationship lending under asymmetric information: A case of blocked entry
by Tassel, Eric Van
- 931-952 Should good patents come in small packages? A welfare analysis of intellectual property bundling
by Gilbert, Richard J. & Katz, Michael L.
- 953-970 The hold-up problem in a repeated relationship
by Castaneda, Marco A.
- 971-993 Does the market value R&D investment by European firms? Evidence from a panel of manufacturing firms in France, Germany, and Italy
by Hall, Bronwyn H. & Oriani, Raffaele
- 995-1011 Bounding the relative profitability of price discrimination
by Malueg, David A. & Snyder, Christopher M.
- 1013-1020 Access price regulation, investment and entry in telecommunications
by Kotakorpi, Kaisa
- 1021-1040 Firm spin-offs in Denmark 1981-2000 -- patterns of entry and exit
by Eriksson, Tor & Moritz Kuhn, Johan
- 1041-1069 Entry order and pricing over the product cycle: The transition from the 486 to the Pentium processor
by Deltas, George & Zacharias, Eleftherios
- 1071-1076 A note on the excess entry theorem in spatial markets
by Matsumura, Toshihiro & Okamura, Makoto
- 1077-1077 Addendum to "Theory and evidence on pricing by asymmetric oligopolies" [Int. J. Ind. Organ. 24 (2006) 83-105]
by Kocas, Cenk & Kiyak, Tunga
July 2006, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 667-682 Evidence on preferences and subjective beliefs of risk takers: The case of smokers
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Sloan, Frank & Salm, Martin
- 683-699 Learning about individual risk and the decision to smoke
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Sloan, Frank & Chung, Sukyung
- 701-713 Silent interests and all-pay auctions
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 715-731 On the competitive effects of vertical integration by a research laboratory
by Sandonis, Joel & Fauli-Oller, Ramon
- 733-751 Foreign ownership and productivity: Is the direction of causality so obvious?
by Benfratello, Luigi & Sembenelli, Alessandro
- 753-762 Differentiation and discrimination in a duopoly with two bundles
by Vaubourg, Anne-Gael
- 763-771 Service hours with asymmetric distributions of ideal service time
by Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune
- 773-783 Supply function vs. quantity competition in supergames
by Ciarreta, Aitor & Gutierrez-Hita, Carlos
- 785-793 Information disadvantage in linear Cournot duopolies with differentiated products
by Chokler, Adi & Hon-Snir, Shlomit & Kim, Moshe & Shitovitz, Benyamin
- 795-808 Access pricing and investment with stochastically growing demand
by Hori, Keiichi & Mizuno, Keizo
- 809-834 Firm size distribution: Testing the "independent submarkets model" in the Italian motor insurance industry
by Buzzacchi, Luigi & Valletti, Tommaso M.
- 835-866 Impacts of code-share alliances on airline cost structure: A truncated third-order translog estimation
by Goh, Mark & Yong, Jongsay
May 2006, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 467-486 A variance screen for collusion
by Abrantes-Metz, Rosa M. & Froeb, Luke M. & Geweke, John & Taylor, Christopher T.
- 487-503 Delegation versus an approval process and the demand for talent
by Marino, Anthony M.
- 505-520 A laboratory study of haggling with deadlines
by Milam, Garrett
- 521-540 Quality competition in retailing: A structural analysis
by Ellickson, Paul B.
- 541-554 Price vs. quantity in oligopoly games
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 555-581 Using first-price auctions to sell heterogeneous licenses
by Goeree, Jacob K. & Offerman, Theo & Schram, Arthur
- 583-591 A note on cost arrangement and market performance in a multi-product Cournot oligopoly
by Lapan, Harvey E. & Hennessy, David A.
- 593-604 Bid preference in license auctions: Affirmative action can achieve economic efficiency
by Yoon, Kiho
- 605-611 Welfare and output in third-degree price discrimination: A note
by Galera, Francisco & Zaratiegui, Jesus M.
- 613-628 The loss leader is a turkey: Targeted discounts from multi-product competitors
by DeGraba, Patrick
- 629-637 Quality-improving alliances in differentiated oligopoly
by Deroian, Frederic & Gannon, Frederic
- 639-665 An experimental study of price dispersion in an optimal search model with advertising
by Cason, Timothy N. & Datta, Shakun
March 2006, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 203-225 The (teaching) role of universities in the diffusion of the Internet
by Goldfarb, Avi
- 227-250 Endogenous mergers in endogenous sunk cost industries
by Vasconcelos, Helder
- 251-267 Estimating market power in the presence of capacity constraints: An application to high-fructose corn sweetener
by Brendstrup, Bjarne & Paarsch, Harry J. & Solow, John L.
- 269-285 Contract renewal and incentives in public procurement
by Dalen, Dag Morten & Moen, Espen R. & Riis, Christian
- 287-301 Rivalry between strategic alliances
by Zhang, Anming & Zhang, Yimin
- 303-318 Naked slotting fees for vertical control of multi-product retail markets
by Innes, Robert & Hamilton, Stephen F.
- 319-334 Upstream market power and product line differentiation in retailing
by Avenel, E. & Caprice, S.
- 335-347 Market entry and foreign direct investment
by Stahler, Frank
- 349-380 Spillovers in product and process innovation: Evidence from manufacturing firms
by Ornaghi, Carmine
- 381-400 Science parks in Japan and their value-added contributions to new technology-based firms
by Fukugawa, Nobuya
- 401-423 R&D and M&A: Are cross-border M&A different? An investigation on OECD countries
by Bertrand, Olivier & Zuniga, Pluvia
- 425-448 Value of reputation in the chain-store game with multiple incumbents
by Melkonyan, Tigran A.
- 449-465 Optimal franchise contracts with private cost information
by Hempelmann, Bernd
January 2006, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-28 Price structure in two-sided markets: Evidence from the magazine industry
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Wright, Julian
- 29-43 The role of interchange fees in ATM networks
by Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle
- 45-67 Multihoming and compatibility
by Doganoglu, Toker & Wright, Julian
- 69-81 Collusion with capacity constraints over the business cycle
by Fabra, Natalia
- 83-105 Theory and evidence on pricing by asymmetric oligopolies
by Kocas, Cenk & Kiyak, Tunga
- 107-124 Estimating the extent of potential competition in the Korean mobile telecommunications market: Switching costs and number portability
by Lee, Jongsu & Kim, Yeonbae & Lee, Jeong-Dong & Park, Yuri
- 125-147 Investment and internal finance: Asymmetric information or managerial discretion?
by Degryse, Hans & de Jong, Abe
- 149-175 Patent licensing revisited: Heterogeneous firms and product differentiation
by Hernandez-Murillo, Ruben & Llobet, Gerard
- 177-202 Strategic patent breadth and entry deterrence with drastic product innovations
by Yiannaka, Amalia & Fulton, Murray
December 2005, Volume 23, Issue 9-10
- 1-1 Paul Geroski
by Martin, Stephen
- 665-668 Editors' introduction
by Neven, Damien J. & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
- 669-691 Quantifying the effects from horizontal mergers in European competition policy
by Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank
- 693-698 Using merger simulation models: Testing the underlying assumptions
by Hausman, Jerry A. & Leonard, Gregory K.
- 699-702 Quantifying the effects from horizontal mergers: Comments on the underlying assumptions
by Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank
- 703-715 Pass-through rates and the price effects of mergers
by Froeb, Luke & Tschantz, Steven & Werden, Gregory J.
- 717-737 An econometric analysis of the European Commission's merger decisions
by Bergman, Mats A. & Jakobsson, Maria & Razo, Carlos