International Journal of Industrial Organization
2003, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 717-735 International mergers and trade liberalisation: implications for unionised labour
by Straume, Odd Rune
- 737-758 Market competition and strike activity
by Mauleon, Ana & Vannetelbosch, Vincent J.
2003, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 457-488 Vertical integration and incentives to innovate
by Brocas, Isabelle
- 489-515 Is there persistence in innovative activities?
by Cefis, Elena
- 517-531 Growth patterns in R&D partnerships: an exploratory statistical study
by Hagedoorn, John & van Kranenburg, Hans
- 533-549 Debt financing and entry
by Martin, Richard
- 551-592 Predatory pricing in differentiated products retail markets
by Lindsey, Robin & West, Douglas S.
- 593-605 A note on technology choice, firm heterogeneity and welfare
by Elberfeld, Walter
2003, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 291-315 Regulating horizontal diversification
by Sappington, David E. M.
- 317-345 Is advertising a signal of product quality? Evidence from the compact disc player market, 1983-1992
by Horstmann, Ignatius & MacDonald, Glenn
- 347-379 Leniency programs and cartel prosecution
by Motta, Massimo & Polo, Michele
- 381-397 Cooperating upstream while competing downstream: a theory of input joint ventures
by Chen, Zhiqi & Ross, Thomas W.
- 399-417 A strategic approach to hedging and contracting
by Downie, David & Nosal, Ed
- 419-437 Managerial incentives and firm efficiency in the presence of competition for managers
by Wright, Donald J.
- 439-453 Follow-my-leader FDI and tacit collusion
by Leahy, Dermot & Pavelin, Stephen
2003, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 129-150 The role of consumers in competition and competition policy
by Waterson, Michael
- 151-170 Retail price cycles and the presence of small firms
by Eckert, Andrew
- 171-200 Capital structure decisions and output market competition under demand uncertainty
by Wanzenried, Gabrielle
- 201-222 Strategic bidding in electricity pools with short-lived bids: an application to the Spanish market
by Garcia-Diaz, Anton & Marin, Pedro L.
- 223-251 Bargaining versus posted price competition in customer markets
by Cason, Timothy N. & Friedman, Daniel & Milam, Garrett H.
- 253-281 An experimental examination of vertical control and cost predation
by Elliott, Steven R. & Godby, Robert & Kruse, Jamie Brown
- 283-289 A note on credible spatial entry deterrence
by Ishibashi, Ikuo
2003, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-13 Patent licensing to Bertrand competitors
by Moldovanu, Benny & Sela, Aner
- 15-37 Bidding for a process innovation under alternative modes of competition
by Das Varma, Gopal
- 39-55 Comparing Cournot and Bertrand equilibria in a differentiated duopoly with product R&D
by Symeonidis, George
- 57-77 The sale of unprotected inventions under alternative models of contracting behavior
by King, John T.
- 79-96 Downstream R&D, raising rivals' costs, and input price contracts
by Banerjee, Samiran & Lin, Ping
- 97-127 Software piracy: a strategic analysis and policy instruments
by Banerjee, Dyuti S.
2002, Volume 20, Issue 10
- 1385-1408 Book value: intertemporal pricing and quality discrimination in the US market for books
by Clerides, Sofronis K.
- 1409-1436 Sunk costs, windows of profit opportunities, and the dynamics of entry
by Gotz, Georg
- 1437-1460 Simultaneous and sequential price competition in heterogeneous duopoly markets: experimental evidence
by Kubler, Dorothea & Muller, Wieland
- 1461-1489 Potential foreign competition in US manufacturing
by Ghosal, Vivek
- 1491-1511 Endogenous formation of coalitions with composite goods
by Kim, Chongmin & Shin, Hyukseung
- 1513-1533 Does the 'persistence of profits' persist?: a study of company profits in Japan, 1964-97
by Maruyama, Nobuhiro & Odagiri, Hiroyuki
- 1535-1535 Erratum to "Regulation, efficiency, and Granger causality": [Int. J. Ind. Organ. ~20 (2002) 1225-1245]
by Granderson, Gerald & Linvill, Carl
2002, Volume 20, Issue 9
- 1225-1245 Regulation, efficiency, and Granger causality
by Granderson, Gerald & Linvill, Carl
- 1247-1276 Allocating and funding universal service obligations in a competitive market
by Chone, Philippe & Flochel, Laurent & Perrot, Anne
- 1277-1312 Strategic interactions, market information and predicting the effects of mergers in differentiated product markets
by Davis, Douglas D.
- 1313-1339 Price and quality discrimination in durable goods monopoly with resale trading
by Kumar, Praveen
- 1341-1361 Market power and banking failures
by Caminal, Ramon & Matutes, Carmen
- 1363-1381 Exclusionary contracts and competition for large buyers
by Gans, Joshua S. & King, Stephen P.
2002, Volume 20, Issue 8
- 1061-1096 Flexible manufacturing systems and the internal structure of the firm
by Gal-Or, Esther
- 1097-1118 Partial monitoring, adverse selection, and the internal efficiency of the firm
by Lulfesmann, Christoph
- 1119-1141 Idiosyncratic investments, outside opportunities and the boundaries of the firm
by Kerschbamer, Rudolf & Maderner, Nina & Tournas, Yanni
- 1143-1166 Preventing abuse of authority in hierarchies
by Vafai, Kouroche
- 1167-1195 Takeover risk and the market for corporate control: the experience of British firms in the 1970s and 1980s
by Dickerson, Andrew P. & Gibson, Heather D. & Tsakalotos, Euclid
- 1197-1224 Non-contractible investments and vertical integration in the Mexican footwear industry
by Woodruff, Christopher
2002, Volume 20, Issue 7
- 907-930 Advertising and prices as signals of quality in a regime of price rivalry
by Fluet, Claude & Garella, Paolo G.
- 931-947 Price and advertising as signals of quality when some consumers are informed
by Linnemer, Laurent
- 949-964 Product compatibility as a signal of quality in a market with network externalities
by Kim, Jeong-Yoo
- 965-994 Expanding demand through price advertisement
by Konishi, Hideo & Sandfort, Michael T.
- 995-1012 Risk-averse firms in oligopoly
by Asplund, Marcus
- 1013-1036 Price cap regulation and information acquisition
by Iossa, Elisabetta & Stroffolini, Francesca
- 1037-1058 Sequencing strategically: wage negotiations under oligopoly
by Banerji, A.
- 1059-1059 Erratum to "What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?": [Internat. J. of Ind. Organization 20(4) (2002) 461-492]
by Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T.
2002, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 747-774 An empirical test of models explaining research expenditures and research cooperation: evidence for the German service sector
by Kaiser, Ulrich
- 775-799 Endogenizing know-how flows through the nature of R&D investments
by Cassiman, Bruno & Perez-Castrillo, David & Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 801-827 How should forward patent protection be provided?
by Denicolo, Vincenzo & Zanchettin, Piercarlo
- 829-854 Research joint ventures, product differentiation, and price collusion
by Lambertini, Luca & Poddar, Sougata & Sasaki, Dan
- 855-876 Uncertainty, spillovers, and cooperative R&D
by Miyagiwa, Kaz & Ohno, Yuka
- 877-902 Racing with uncertainty: a patent race experiment
by Zizzo, Daniel John
2002, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 589-609 The effect of asymmetric entry costs on Bertrand competition
by Thomas, Charles J.
- 611-629 Entry auctions and strategic behavior under cross-market price constraints
by Anton, James J. & Vander Weide, James H. & Vettas, Nikolaos
- 631-652 Union collusion and intra-industry trade
by Straume, Odd Rune
- 653-671 Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives
by Kwoka, John E.
- 673-692 Endogenous market structure and competition in the 19th century American brewing industry
by Manuszak, Mark D.
- 693-714 Quantitative notes on the extent of governmental regulations in various OECD nations
by Pryor, Frederic L.
- 715-730 Pooling reputations
by Andersson, Fredrik
- 731-743 Competition and irreversible investments
by Nielsen, Martin J.
2002, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 435-459 The natural monopoly test reconsidered: an engineering process-based approach to empirical analysis in telecommunications
by Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W.
- 461-492 What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?
by Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T.
- 493-515 On the determinants of multinationals' ownership preferences: evidence from Greece and Portugal
by Barbosa, Natalia & Louri, Helen
- 517-555 Survival duration of plants: Evidence from the US petroleum refining industry
by Chen, Ming-Yuan
- 557-576 US domestic airline mergers: the neglected international determinants
by Clougherty, Joseph A.
- 577-588 Product innovation, sell-off, and entry deterrence
by Bae, Hyung
2002, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 285-311 A generalised wage rigidity result
by Dhillon, Amrita & Petrakis, Emmanuel
- 313-338 Unsystematic risk and coalition formation in product markets
by Brown, Murray & Chiang, Shin-Hwan
- 339-352 Cartel stability with multiproduct firms
by Symeonidis, George
- 353-364 The pro-competitive effect of higher entry costs
by Peitz, Martin
- 365-389 The role of bundling in price competition
by Liao, Chun-Hsiung & Tauman, Yair
- 391-414 CEO turnover, firm performance and corporate governance: empirical evidence on Danish firms
by Lausten, Mette
- 415-433 Panel tests of Gibrat's Law for Japanese manufacturing
by Goddard, John & Wilson, John & Blandon, Peter
2002, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 139-162 The effect of information on the well-being of the uninformed: what's the chance of getting a decent meal in an unfamiliar city?
by Albrecht, James & Lang, Harald & Vroman, Susan
- 163-190 Spatial competition among multi-store firms
by Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy
- 191-213 Inter-firm complementarities in R&D: a re-examination of the relative performance of joint ventures
by Anbarci, Nejat & Lemke, Robert & Roy, Santanu
- 215-249 Research joint ventures vs. cross licensing agreements: an agency approach
by Pastor, Maite & Sandonis, Joel
- 251-267 Licensing and bundling
by Almeida Costa, Luis & Dierickx, Ingemar
- 269-278 Technology choice and capital structure under rate regulation: a comment
by Kuhn, Kai-Uwe
- 279-281 Reply to Kai-Uwe Kuhn's comment
by Spiegel, Yossi
- 283-284 Technology choice and capital structure under rate regulation: Rejoinder
by Kuhn, Kai-Uwe
2002, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-17 Does firm size matter? Evidence on the impact of liquidity constraints on firm investment behavior in Germany
by Audretsch, David B. & Elston, Julie Ann
- 19-39 Price reactions to new competition: A study of US luxury car market, 1986-1997
by Yamawaki, Hideki
- 41-69 Generating efficiency: economic and environmental regulation of public and private electricity generators in Spain
by Arocena, Pablo & Waddams Price, Catherine
- 71-87 A quick-and-easy method for estimating switching costs
by Shy, Oz
- 89-118 Do coffee roasters benefit from high prices of green coffee?
by Feuerstein, Switgard
- 119-137 The determinants of the management hierarchy: evidence from Italian plants
by Delmastro, Marco
2001, Volume 19, Issue 10
- 1475-1498 The economics of international codesharing: an analysis of airline alliances
by Brueckner, Jan K.
- 1499-1526 Markup pricing in petroleum refining:: A multiproduct framework
by Considine, Timothy J.
- 1527-1562 Imitative innovation and international joint ventures: a dynamic analysis
by Sinha, Uday Bhanu
- 1563-1582 Price and quantity experimentation: A synthesis
by Belleflamme, Paul & Bloch, Francis
- 1583-1602 Non-price strategic behavior: the case of bank branches
by Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent
- 1603-1621 Highway robbery: complementary monopoly and the hold-up problem
by Feinberg, Yossi & Kamien, Morton I.
2001, Volume 19, Issue 9
- 1347-1361 Strategic pricing, signalling, and costly information acquisition
by Bester, Helmut & Ritzberger, Klaus
- 1363-1385 Fashion and sales
by Sallstrom, Susanna
- 1387-1406 Can low-price guarantees deter entry?
by Arbatskaya, Maria
- 1407-1421 The determinants of suboptimal technological development in the system company-component producers relationship
by Becchetti, Leonardo & Paganetto, Luigi
- 1423-1440 Evolution to equilibrium in an asymmetric oligopoly with differentiated goods
by Tanaka, Yasuhito
- 1441-1455 Two stage equilibrium and product choice with elastic demand
by Rath, Kali P. & Zhao, Gongyun
- 1457-1473 Market power, cost reduction and consumer search
by Pereira, Pedro
2001, Volume 19, Issue 8
- 1213-1244 Endogenous mergers in concentrated markets
by Horn, Henrik & Persson, Lars
- 1245-1261 Endogenous mergers and market structure
by Rodrigues, Vasco
- 1263-1279 Delegation and mergers in oligopoly
by Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel & Lopez-Cunat, Javier
- 1281-1295 On synergies and vertical integration
by Schmitz, Patrick W. & Sliwka, Dirk
- 1297-1313 Divisionalization with spatial differentiation
by Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel
- 1315-1346 Are multinationality and diversification complementary or substitute strategies?: An empirical analysis on European leading firms
by Davies, Stephen W. & Rondi, Laura & Sembenelli, Alessandro
2001, Volume 19, Issue 7
- 999-1002 The evolution of markets
by Geroski, Paul A. & Mata, Jose
- 1003-1022 Modelling the dynamics of industry populations
by Geroski, P. A. & Mazzucato, M.
- 1023-1052 On industry life-cycles: delay, entry, and shakeout in beer brewing
by Horvath, Michael & Schivardi, Fabiano & Woywode, Michael
- 1053-1083 The long-term evolution of vertically-related industries
by Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Giuri, Paola
- 1085-1102 The need for speed in emerging communications markets: upgrades to advanced technology at Internet Service Providers
by Augereau, Angelique & Greenstein, Shane
- 1103-1117 The dynamics of competition in the internet search engine market
by Gandal, Neil
- 1119-1139 Sales practice and market evolution: the case of virtual reality
by Swann, G. M. Peter
- 1141-1160 How does innovative activity change as industries mature?
by McGahan, Anita M. & Silverman, Brian S.
- 1161-1187 Innovation and corporate growth in the evolution of the drug industry
by Bottazzi, Giulio & Dosi, Giovanni & Lippi, Marco & Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo
- 1189-1212 The evolution of markets under entry and standards regulation -- the case of global mobile telecommunications
by Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank
2001, Volume 19, Issue 6
- 863-884 Oligopolistic pricing over the deterministic market demand cycle: some evidence from the US Portland cement industry
by Rosenbaum, David I. & Sukharomana, Supachat
- 885-908 Estimating tax incidence, market power and market conduct: The European cigarette industry
by Delipalla, Sophia & O'Donnell, Owen
- 909-930 Telecommunications deregulation and subadditive costs: Are local telephone monopolies unnatural?
by Wilson, Wesley W. & Zhou, Yimin
- 931-952 Size and growth of Japanese plants in the United States
by Blonigen, Bruce A. & Tomlin, KaSaundra
- 953-973 US county-level determinants of inbound FDI: evidence from a two-step modified count data model
by List, John A.
- 975-997 Water resource and power generation
by Crampes, C. & Moreaux, M.
2001, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 613-634 Competition policy in dynamic markets
by Audretsch, David B. & Baumol, William J. & Burke, Andrew E.
- 635-664 Competition and industrial policies in a 'history friendly' model of the evolution of the computer industry
by Malerba, Franco & Nelson, Richard & Orsenigo, Luigi & Winter, Sidney
- 665-693 The analysis of market definition and market power in the context of rapid innovation
by Pleatsikas, Christopher & Teece, David
- 695-704 Can reduced entry barriers worsen market performance? A model of employee entry
by Burke, Andrew E. & To, Ted
- 705-726 Intensity of competition and the incentive to innovate
by Boone, Jan
- 727-737 When is inter-firm coordination beneficial? The case of innovation
by Baumol, William J.
- 739-762 The impact of ownership changes: a view from labor markets
by McGuckin, Robert H. & Nguyen, Sang V.
- 763-794 Public/private partnerships: stimulating competition in a dynamic market
by Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T.
- 795-821 Market dynamics in the Netherlands: Competition policy and the role of small firms
by Audretsch, David B. & van Leeuwen, George & Menkveld, Bert & Thurik, Roy
- 823-840 Market size, fixed costs and horizontal concentration
by Neumann, Manfred & Weigand, Jurgen & Gross, Alexandra & Munter, Markus Thomas
- 841-859 The dynamics of industrial mark-ups in two small open economies: does national competition policy matter?
by Konings, Jozef & Van Cayseele, Patrick & Warzynski, Frederic
2001, Volume 19, Issue 3-4
- 303-317 Cournot and Bertrand equilibria compared: substitutability, complementarity and concavity
by Amir, Rabah & Jin, Jim Y.
- 319-343 A theory of joint venture life-cycles
by Roy Chowdhury, Indrani & Roy Chowdhury, Prabal
- 345-373 Quantity competition with access fees
by Harrison, Mark & Kline, J. Jude
- 375-389 Credence goods monopolists
by Emons, Winand
- 391-413 Durable goods oligopoly
by Driskill, Robert
- 415-453 Non-Nash equilibria of Darwinian dynamics with applications to duopoly
by Rhode, Paul & Stegeman, Mark
- 455-469 A characterization for the negative welfare effects of cost reduction in Cournot oligopoly
by Zhao, Jingang
- 471-492 Horizontal mergers and delegation
by Ziss, Steffen
- 493-518 Multiproduct activity in an experimental differentiated oligopoly
by Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos
- 519-542 How many franchises in a market?
by Rysman, Marc
- 543-566 Codetermination as a strategic advantage?
by Kraft, Kornelius
- 567-588 To invest or screen efficiently: a potential conflict in relationships governed by incomplete contracts
by Bac, Mehmet
- 589-609 Pay-per-view broadcasting of outstanding events: consequences of a ban
by Hansen, Claus Thustrup & Kyhl, Soren
2001, Volume 19, Issue 1-2
- 1-26 Optimal antitrust policy under different regimes of fines
by Souam, Said
- 27-54 The cyclical behavior of the Department of Justice's antitrust enforcement activity
by Ghosal, Vivek & Gallo, Joseph
- 55-77 Can no competition policy be better than some competition policy?
by Mattoo, Aaditya
- 79-98 The response by the Norwegian aluminium industry to changing market structure
by Lindquist, Kjersti-Gro
- 99-131 Market structure and market outcomes in deregulated rail freight markets
by Schmidt, Stephen
- 133-161 Executive compensation and firm performance in Italy
by Brunello, Giorgio & Graziano, Clara & Parigi, Bruno
- 163-183 Trade, foreign direct investment and industry performance
by Co, Catherine Y.
- 185-212 Risky quality choice
by Tse, Chung Yi
- 213-226 Mixed-strategy equilibria in a quality differentiation model
by Wang, X. Henry & Yang, Bill Z.
- 227-248 Oligopolistic competition, IT use for product differentiation and the productivity paradox
by Belleflamme, Paul
- 249-266 Technology transfer with moral hazard
by Choi, Jay Pil
- 267-284 Vertical product differentiation, network externalities, and compatibility decisions
by Baake, Pio & Boom, Anette
- 285-302 Vertical research joint ventures
by Banerjee, Samiran & Lin, Ping
2000, Volume 18, Issue 8
- 1153-1180 Media substitution and economies of scale in advertising
by Seldon, Barry J. & Jewell, R. Todd & O'Brien, Daniel M.
- 1181-1199 The dynamics of industrial concentration in Australian manufacturing
by Bhattacharya, Mita & Bloch, Harry
- 1201-1222 The determinants of corporate divestment in the UK
by Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike
- 1223-1242 Horizontal integration in the Dutch financial sector
by Dietzenbacher, Erik & Smid, Bert & Volkerink, Bjorn
- 1243-1257 Procurement auctions with entry of bidders
by Kjerstad, Egil & Vagstad, Steinar
- 1259-1277 Quantity restrictions and endogenous quality choice
by Herguera, Inigo & Kujal, Praveen & Petrakis, Emmanuel
- 1279-1290 Strategic segmentation of a market
by Roy, Santanu
- 1291-1294 Effective price-matching: a comment
by Kaplan, Todd R.
2000, Volume 18, Issue 7
- 995-1012 Meet me halfway: research joint ventures and absorptive capacity
by Kamien, Morton I. & Zang, Israel
- 1013-1032 Modelling imperfectly appropriable R&D via spillovers
by Amir, Rabah
- 1033-1047 R&D cooperation and product market competition
by Cabral, Luis M. B.
- 1049-1065 Research joint ventures and the cost paradox
by Kline, J. Jude
- 1067-1084 Sunk costs, entry, and the timing of cost-reducing investment
by Lambson, Val E.
- 1085-1104 Barriers to entry, brand advertising, and generic entry in the US pharmaceutical industry
by Scott Morton, Fiona M.
- 1105-1127 Do patents slow down technological progress?: Real options in research, patenting, and market introduction
by Takalo, Tuomas & Kanniainen, Vesa
- 1129-1149 Patent protection, imitation and the mode of technology transfer
by Fosfuri, Andrea
2000, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 845-865 Capacity and product market competition: measuring market power in a 'puppy-dog' industry
by Roller, Lars-Hendrik & Sickles, Robin C.
- 867-884 State aid in the European Union: The prohibition of subsidies in an integrated market
by Collie, David R.
- 885-900 An examination of stock-price effects of EU merger control policy
by Brady, Una & M. Feinberg, Robert
- 901-923 Price competition between an expert and a non-expert
by Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans
- 925-947 Union behavior, industry rents, and optimal policies
by Swagel, Phillip
- 949-963 Centralized vs. decentralized procurement: Does dispersed information call for decentralized decision-making?
by Vagstad, Steinar
- 965-974 Spatial contests
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 975-984 Weak entrants are welcome
by Ashiya, Masahiro
- 985-988 A note on N. Economides: the incentive for non-price discrimination by an input monopolist
by Bergman, Mats A.
- 989-991 Comment on "A note on N. Economides: The Incentive for Non-Price Discrimination by an Input Monopolist," by Mats Bergman
by Economides, Nicholas
- 993-993 Corrigendum1 to "Persuasive advertising in Hotelling's model of product differentiation": [Ind. J. Indust. Organ. 17 (1999) 557-574]
by Bloch, Francis & Manceau, Delphine
2000, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 693-722 Firm size inequality and market power
by Barla, Philippe
- 723-746 Information acquisition and research differentiation prior to an open-bid auction1
by Moresi, Serge
- 747-772 The role of technology security in a model of trade with horizontal differentiation
by del Carmen Garcia-Alonso, Maria
- 773-792 Distinction between intermediate and finished products in intra-firm trade
by Andersson, Thomas & Fredriksson, Torbjorn
- 793-812 Why would a durable good monopolist also produce a cost-inefficient nondurable good?
by Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj