International Journal of Industrial Organization
August 1999, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 847-867 Competitive shocks and industrial structure: the case of Polish manufacturing
by Ghemawat, Pankaj & Kennedy, Robert E.
- 869-886 Portuguese banking sector: a mixed oligopoly?
by Barros, Fatima & Modesto, Leonor
- 887-901 Facilitating practices and the path-dependence of collusion
by Krepps, Matthew B.
- 903-914 Quality choice and vertical integration
by Economides, Nicholas
July 1999, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 611-640 Why do all the flights leave at 8 am?: Competition and departure-time differentiation in airline markets
by Borenstein, Severin & Netz, Janet
- 641-662 Vertical integration or separation of the sales function as implied by competitive forces
by Gal-Or, Esther
- 663-687 The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation
by Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S.
- 689-715 Transfer-pricing mechanisms: An experimental investigation
by Avila, Marcos & Ronen, Joshua
- 717-734 Cartel stability when costs are heterogeneous
by Rothschild, R.
- 735-750 On the limits and possibilities of the principle of minimum differentiation1
by Hinloopen, Jeroen & van Marrewijk, Charles
- 751-764 Should multiproduct firms provide divisional or corporate incentives?
by Carlos Barcena-Ruiz, Juan & Paz Espinosa, Maria
May 1999, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 455-476 Innovation and investment under financial constraints and product market competition
by Maurer, Boris
- 477-511 Sticky prices in a dynamic oligopoly: An investigation of (s,S) thresholds
by Slade, Margaret E.
- 513-525 A dynamic model of Bertrand competition with entry
by Elberfeld, Walter & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 527-555 Incumbent firms' response to entry: Price, advertising, and new product introduction
by Thomas, Louis A.
- 557-574 Persuasive advertising in Hotelling's model of product differentiation
by Bloch, Francis & Manceau, Delphine
- 575-592 Federal laboratories as research partners
by Leyden, Dennis Patrick & Link, Albert N.
- 593-609 Access costs and entry in the local telecommunications network: a case for de-averaged rates
by Maher, Maria E.
April 1999, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 299-318 Recovering from a bad reputation: changing beliefs about the quality of U.S. autos
by Nichols, Mark W. & Fournier, Gary M.
- 319-333 Strategic debt: evidence in manufacturing
by Showalter, Dean
- 335-352 Multimarket competition in banking, with an example from the Portuguese market
by Pita Barros, Pedro
- 353-369 Competition in interrelated markets: An empirical study
by Asplund, Marcus & Sandin, Rickard
- 371-398 A model of price promotions with consumer search
by Banks, Jeffrey & Moorthy, Sridhar
- 399-417 Refusals to deal and orders to supply in competitive markets
by Chen, Zhiqi & Ross, Thomas W.
- 419-436 Optimal patent breadth and length with costly imitation
by Wright, Donald J.
- 437-452 Asymmetric private values auctions with application to joint bidding and mergers
by Waehrer, Keith
February 1999, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 147-177 Testing for market power using a dynamic oligopoly model
by Steen, Frode & Salvanes, Kjell G.
- 179-198 Price wars triggered by entry
by Elzinga, Kenneth G. & Mills, David E.
- 199-214 Monopoly pricing with network externalities
by Cabral, Luis M. B. & Salant, David J. & Woroch, Glenn A.
- 215-239 Spillovers from publicly financed R&D capital in high-tech industries
by Mamuneas, Theofanis P.
- 241-257 Process of dominant-cartel formation
by Prokop, Jacek
- 259-275 Demand shifts and market structure in free-entry oligopoly equilibria
by Hamilton, Stephen F.
- 277-288 On the equivalence of resale price maintenance and quantity restrictions
by Reiffen, David
- 289-296 Quantity-setting oligopoly with endogenous sequencing
by Matsumura, Toshihiro
January 1999, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-24 Entry, licensing and research joint ventures
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 25-57 An empirical oligopoly model of a regulated market
by Pazo, M&z. ausco & Consuelo & Jaumandreu, Jordi
- 59-80 Recycling and market power: A more general model and re-evaluation of the evidence1
by Grant, Darren
- 81-108 Subcontracting relations in the Korean automotive industry: risk sharing and technological capability
by Yun, Mikyung
- 109-135 Information sharing, information free-riding and capital structure in oligopolies
by Dasgupta, Sudipto & Shin, Jhinyoung
- 137-145 Policy objectives and performance in a mixed market with bargaining
by Willner, Johan
November 1998, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 677-695 Thinking creatively about markets
by Geroski, P. A.
- 697-718 Cascading contingent protection and vertical market structure
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Belderbos, Rene & Jie-A-Joen, Clive
- 719-747 Life duration of foreign multinational subsidiaries: Evidence from UK northern manufacturing industry 1970-93
by McCloughan, Patrick & Stone, Ian
- 749-784 Infant-industry tariff protection with pressure groups
by Miravete, Eugenio J.
- 785-797 Distributional assumptions in the theory of oligopoly information exchange1
by Malueg, David A. & Tsutsui, Shunichi O.
- 799-830 Objectives, topics and methods in industrial organization during the nineties: Results from a survey
by Aiginger, Karl & Mueller, Dennis C. & Weiss, Christoph
September 1998, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 535-554 Risk sharing in licensing
by Bousquet, Alain & Cremer, Helmuth & Ivaldi, Marc & Wolkowicz, Michel
- 555-570 Talking down the firm: Short-term market manipulation and optimal management compensation
by Garvey, Gerald T. & Grant, Simon & King, Stephen P.
- 571-599 Nonverifiability, noncontractibility and ownership determination models in foreign direct investment, with an application to foreign operations in Japan
by Nakamura, M. & Xie, J.
- 601-638 Tariff jumping DFI and export substitution: Japanese electronics firms in Europe
by Belderbos, Rene & Sleuwaegen, Leo
- 639-664 Price flexibility in Japan, 1970-1992: A study of price formation1
by Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi
- 665-676 Minimum quality standards with more than two firms1
by Scarpa, Carlo
July 1998, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 395-414 Productivity differences in the airline industry: Partial deregulation versus short run protection
by Marin, Pedro L.
- 415-444 Adoption of network technologies in oligopolies
by Belleflamme, Paul
- 445-461 Changing places--the role of heterogeneity and externalities in cumulative processes
by Schmutzler, Armin
- 463-493 Warranties, extended warranties, and product quality
by Lutz, Nancy A. & Padmanabhan, V.
- 495-510 Intensity of competition and the choice between product and process innovation
by Bonanno, Giacomo & Haworth, Barry
- 511-525 Evolutionary trends of industry variables
by Agarwal, Rajshree
- 527-533 Complimentarily yours: Free examination copies and textbook prices: Comment
by Kamp, Brad
May 1998, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 271-284 The incentive for non-price discrimination by an input monopolist
by Economides, Nicholas
- 285-311 Market structure, innovation and vertical product differentiation
by Greenstein, Shane & Ramey, Garey
- 313-331 Firm size and the pattern of diversification
by Aw, Bee-Yan & Batra, Geeta
- 333-352 A dual vista of the Stackelberg duopoly reveals its fundamental qualitative structure
by Caputo, Michael R.
- 353-376 The impact of unions on labour turnover in Italy:: Evidence from establishment level data
by Lucifora, Claudio
- 377-394 Slack in the state-owned enterprise: An evaluation of the impact of soft-budget constraints
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
March 1998, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 139-168 Sunk costs and regulation in the U.S. pesticide industry
by Ollinger, Michael & Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge
- 169-194 Deregulation and quality
by Auriol, Emmanuelle
- 195-208 Optimal asymmetric strategies in research joint ventures
by W. Salant, Stephen & Shaffer, Greg
- 209-228 Receiver discretion in signalling models: Information transmission to competing retailers
by Albaek, Svend & Overgaard, Per Baltzer
- 229-251 Strategic behaviour of incumbent firms in the UK
by Singh, Satwinder & Utton, Michael & Waterson, Michael
- 253-270 Spatial preemption with finitely lived equipments
by Steinmetz, Sebastien
November 1997, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-19 Entry deterrence and signaling in markets for search goods
by de Bijl, Paul W. J.
- 21-42 Merger and product range rivalry
by Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sorgard, Lars
- 43-61 Price signals quality: The case of perfectly inelastic demand
by Ellingsen, Tore
- 63-79 Product differentiation and endogenous disutility
by Hendel, Igal & de Figueiredo, John Neiva
- 81-103 Vertical differentiation: Entry and market coverage with multiproduct firms
by Constantatos, Christos & Perrakis, Stylianos
- 105-120 Equilibrium retail distribution systems
by Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl
- 121-133 Strategic forward contracting and observability
by Hughes, John S. & Kao, Jennifer L.
October 1997, Volume 15, Issue 6
- 643-675 The economics of path-dependence in industrial organization
by Antonelli, Cristiano
- 677-709 The emergence of path-dependent behaviors in cooperative contexts
by Egidi, Massimo & Narduzzo, Alessandro
- 711-732 A model of demand with interactions among consumers
by Cowan, Robin & Cowan, William & Swann, Peter
- 733-752 The dynamic implications of increasing returns: Technological change and path dependent inefficiency
by Foray, Dominique
- 753-773 "Lock-in" vs. "critical masses" -- Industrial change under network externalities
by Witt, Ulrich
- 775-799 On and off the beaten path: The evolution of four technological systems in Sweden
by Carlsson, Bo
- 801-826 Persistence of innovative activities, sectoral patterns of innovation and international technological specialization
by Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi & Peretto, Pietro
- 827-850 First-mover advantages and path dependence
by Mueller, Dennis C.
August 1997, Volume 15, Issue 5
- 533-533 Dominant firms, price leadership and the measurement of monopoly welfare losses
by Young, David P. T.
- 549-572 Why are retail prices in Japan so high? Evidence from German export prices
by Knetter, Michael M.
- 573-596 On the organization of cooperative research and development: Theory and evidence
by Tao, Zhigang & Wu, Changqi
- 597-616 Temporal patterns of technical efficiency: Results from competing models
by Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart
- 617-628 The effect of emission taxes and abatement subsidies on market structure: Comment
by Kohn, Robert E.
- 629-634 Mergers and investments in cost reduction with private information revisited
by Kit Pong Wong & Tse, Maurice K. S.
- 635-635 Erratum to "Judo economics reconsidered: Capacity limitation, entry and collusion" [International journal of industrial organization 15 (1997) 349-368]
by Sorgard, Lars
July 1997, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 413-416 Managerial compensation, strategy and firm performance: an introduction
by Barkema, Harry & Geroski, Paul & Schwalbach, Joachim
- 417-425 Executive compensation and the Modern Industrial Revolution1
by Murphy, Kevin J.
- 427-439 On the relationship between intrinsic and extrinsic work motivation1
by Frey, Bruno S.
- 441-454 Managerial discretion and managerial compensation
by Mueller, Dennis C. & Yun, S. Lawrence
- 455-467 Chief executive compensation and corporate groups in Japan: New evidence from micro data
by Kato, Takao
- 469-492 Executive remuneration, executive dismissal and institutional shareholdings
by Cosh, Andy & Hughes, Alan
- 493-509 Corporate governance and executive compensation
by Conyon, Martin J.
- 511-531 The compensation of Spanish executives: A test of a managerial talent allocation model
by Angel, Pedro Ortin & Fumas, Vicente Salas
May 1997, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 283-299 On the competitive effects of price-matching policies
by Corts, Kenneth S.
- 301-325 Barometric price leadership
by Cooper, David J.
- 327-334 Hotelling's competition with demand location uncertainty
by Harter, John F. R.
- 335-347 Adverse selection, waiting lists and restaurant-rationing
by Bose, Pinaki
- 349-368 Judo economics reconsidered: Capacity limitation, entry and collusion
by Sorgard, Lars
- 369-390 Patents or prizes: Monopolistic R&D and asymmetric information
by de Laat, Eric A. A.
- 391-412 Multimarket contact and pricing: Evidence from the U.S. cement industry
by Jans, Ivette & Rosenbaum, David I.
April 1997, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 137-164 Buyer groups
by Mathewson, Frank & Winter, Ralph A.
- 165-190 Learning about a population of agents and the evolution of trust and cooperation
by Bower, Anthony G. & Garber, Steven & Watson, Joel C.
- 191-216 The choice of technology and capital structure under rate regulation
by Spiegel, Yossef
- 217-241 Dynamics of entry and exit of firms in the presence of entry adjustment costs
by Das, Sanghamitra & Das, Satya P.
- 243-261 Quality improvements and the incentive to leapfrog
by Rosenkranz, Stephanie
- 263-281 Excess capacity as a barrier to entry in the US titanium industry
by Mathis, Stephen & Koscianski, Janet
February 1997, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-28 Spillovers and innovative activities
by De Bondt, Raymond
- 29-50 Innovation and imitation in an asymmetrically-regulated industry
by Lyon, Thomas P. & Huang, Haizhou
- 51-75 Disclosure of know-how in research joint ventures
by Perez-Castrillo, J. David & Sandonis, Joel
- 77-101 Technology sharing cartels and industrial structure
by Petit, Maria Luisa & Tolwinski, Boleslaw
- 103-121 Sequential versus simultaneous choice with endogenous quality
by Aoki, Reiko & Prusa, Thomas J.
- 123-136 Time series analysis of market power: Evidence from G-7 manufacturing
by Beccarello, Massimo
October 1996, Volume 14, Issue 6
- 669-671 Special issue on network economics: Business conduct and market structure
by Economides, Nicholas & Encaoua, David
- 673-699 The economics of networks
by Economides, Nicholas
- 701-726 Compatibility and competition in airlines demand side network effects
by Encaoua, David & Moreaux, Michel & Perrot, Anne
- 727-745 Shared ownership and pricing in a network switch
by McAndrews, James J. & Rob, Rafael
- 747-768 Complementarity, coordination and compatibility: The role of fixed costs in the economics of systems
by Desruelle, Dominique & Gaudet, Gerard & Richelle, Yves
- 769-784 R&D in markets with network externalities
by Kristiansen, Eirik Gaard
- 785-800 Technology revolutions in the presence of network externalities
by Shy, Oz
- 801-823 The timing of product introduction and the credibility of compatibility decisions
by Regibeau, Pierre & Rockett, Katherine E.
- 825-835 Do converters facilitate the transition to a new incompatible technology? A dynamic analysis of converters
by Choi, Jay Pil
- 837-855 Dynamic monopoly pricing with network externalities
by Bensaid, Bernard & Lesne, Jean-Philippe
- 857-886 A binary conflict ascending price (BICAP) mechanism for the decentralized allocation of the right to use railroad tracks
by Brewer, Paul J. & Plott, Charles R.
July 1996, Volume 14, Issue 5
- 543-560 Technology sourcing and FDI in the EC: An empirical evaluation
by Neven, D. & Siotis, G.
- 561-573 Learning, reputation and entry deterrence: A chain-store game with correlated entrants
by Yang, Bill Z.
- 575-609 Delegation, market share and the limit price in sequential entry models
by Church, Jeffrey & Ware, Roger
- 611-630 Optimal symmetric punishments in a Bertrand differentiated products duopoly
by Hackner, Jonas
- 631-645 Exchange rate pass-through in two-period duopoly
by Tivig, Thusnelda
- 647-668 Export pricing in state-owned and private MNEs: Evidence from the international petroleum market
by Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Weiner, Robert J.
June 1996, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 415-445 Lessons from the United States's antitrust history
by Mueller, Dennis C.
- 447-463 Spatial retail markets with commuting consumers
by Raith, Michael
- 465-484 Good times, bad times, and vertical upstream integration
by Emons, Winand
- 485-506 Horizontal and vertical differentiation: The Launhardt model
by Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 507-519 Countervailing power revisited
by von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas
- 521-541 An empirical investigation of joint venture dynamics: Evidence from U.S.-Japan joint ventures
by Nakamura, Masao & Shaver, J. Myles & Yeung, Bernard
May 1996, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 269-296 Dynamic duopoly with slowly changing customer loyalties
by Chen, Yongmin & Rosenthal, Robert W.
- 297-315 Moral hazard and reputational concerns in teams: Implications for organizational choice
by Jeon, Seonghoon
- 317-329 It pays to be different: Endogenous heterogeneity of firms in an oligopoly
by Mills, David E. & Smith, William
- 331-344 An informational externality in a competitive market
by Creane, Anthony
- 345-364 Host-country policy, transfer pricing and ownership distribution in international joint ventures: A theoretical analysis
by Al-Saadon, Yousef & Das, Satya P.
- 365-387 Can consumers benefit from a policy limiting the market share of a dominant firm?
by Holmes, Thomas J.
- 389-414 Product line competition in vertically differentiated markets
by De Fraja, Giovanni
1996, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 141-158 The turnover of market leaders in UK manufacturing industry, 1979-86
by Geroski, P. A. & Toker, S.
- 159-179 Optimal disclosure delay in multistage R&D competition
by Bloch, Francis & Markowitz, Paul
- 181-201 Standardization, diversity and learning: Strategies for the coevolution of technology and industrial capacity
by David, Paul A. & Rothwell, Geoffrey S.
- 203-226 Technological change and market structure: An evolutionary approach
by Vega-Redondo, Fernando
- 227-242 Coupons and oligopolistic price discrimination
by Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel
- 243-268 Oligopolistic pricing with heterogeneous consumer search
by Stahl, Dale O.
1996, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-27 Industrial policy and politics
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 29-52 Brands' quality levels, prices, and advertising outlays: empirical evidence on signals and information costs
by Caves, Richard E. & Greene, David P.
- 53-70 Industry equilibrium, uncertainty, and futures markets
by Haruna, Shoji
- 71-84 On Pareto-improving voluntary export restraints
by Syropoulos, Constantinos
- 85-99 Complimentarily yours: Free examination copies and textbook prices
by Foster, James E. & Horowitz, Andrew W.
- 101-118 Natural oligopoly and customer networks in intermediated markets
by Gehrig, Thomas
- 119-136 Duopoly information exchange: The case of unknown slope
by Malueg, David A. & Tsutsui, Shunichi O.
December 1995, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 413-419 The post-entry performance of firms: Introduction
by Audretsch, David B. & Mata, Jose
- 421-440 What do we know about entry?
by Geroski, P. A.
- 441-457 Innovation, growth and survival
by Audretsch, David B.
- 459-481 The survival of new plants: Start-up conditions and post-entry evolution
by Mata, Jose & Portugal, Pedro & Guimaraes, Paulo
- 483-500 Post-entry behaviour and the cycle: Evidence from Germany
by Boeri, Tito & Bellmann, Lutz
- 501-522 Selection versus evolutionary adaptation: Learning and post-entry performance
by Baldwin, John R. & Rafiquzzaman, Mohammed
- 523-542 The role of technology use in the survival and growth of manufacturing plants
by Doms, Mark & Dunne, Timothy & Roberts, Mark J.
- 543-565 Financial constraints and firm post-entry performance
by Brito, Paulo & Mello, Antonio S.
- 567-591 Entry, exit, and shakeouts in the United States in new manufactured products
by Klepper, Steven & Miller, John H.
- 593-611 Post-entry expansion in banking: The case of Portugal
by Barros, Pedro Pita
September 1995, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 307-325 Technological change in markets with network externalities
by De Bijl, Paul W. J. & Goyal, Sanjeev
- 327-334 Strategic behavior downstream and the incentive to integrate: A spatial model with delivered pricing
by Gupta, Barnali & Heywood, John S. & Pal, Debashis
- 335-354 Corporate restructuring in a collusive oligopoly
by Verboven, Frank
- 355-372 Reciprocal shareholding and takeover deterrence
by Nyberg, Sten
- 373-386 Incentive schemes as strategic variables: An application to a mixed duopoly
by Barros, Fatima
- 387-410 Imperfections in labor markets and the scope of the firm
by Novos, Ian E.
1995, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 179-193 Flexibility in the face of demand fluctuations: Employment, capacity utilization, and industry structure
by Zimmermann, Klaus F.
- 195-211 La Pleiade and exchange rate pass-through
by Baniak, Andrzej & Philips, Louis
- 213-227 Asymmetric equilibria in spatial competition
by Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 229-248 Spillover effects, cost savings, R&D and the use of brand extensions
by DeGraba, Patrick & Sullivan, Mary W.
- 249-276 Inter-industry R&D spillovers: What difference do they make?
by Steurs, Geert
- 277-299 Endogenous product design in an infinitely repeated game
by Hackner, Jonas
March 1995, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-22 Innovation and cooperation under vertical product differentiation
by Rosenkranz, Stephanie
- 23-39 Technological asymmetry and joint product development
by Ray Chaudhuri, Prabal
- 41-65 Oligopoly limit pricing: Strategic substitutes, strategic complements
by Martin, Stephen
- 67-87 Price competition between two international firms facing tariffs
by Fisher, Eric ON. & Wilson, Charles A.
- 89-93 More on Hotelling's stability in competition
by Kats, Amoz
- 95-110 Managerial reputation and the competitiveness of an industry
by Senbongi, Shuichi & Harrington, Joseph E.
- 111-126 Size, age and firm growth in an infant industry: The computer hardware industry in India
by Das, Sanghamitra
- 127-145 Strategic direct investment under unionized oligopoly
by Bughin, Jacques & Vannini, Stefano
December 1994, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 437-456 Market rivalry and learning-by-doing
by Krouse, Clement G.
- 457-471 Entry, exit, and performance in airline markets
by Joskow, Andrew S. & Werden, Gregory J. & Johnson, Richard L.
- 473-494 Product selection by quantity-setting firms
by al-Nowaihi, Ali & Norman, George
- 495-508 Making sense of inefficient intrafirm transactions: A signalling approach
by Choi, Jay Pil
- 509-531 Middlemen as guarantors of quality
by Biglaiser, Gary & Friedman, James W.
- 533-547 Bias in market R&D portfolios
by Cabral, Luis
- 549-568 Entry into a new market a game of timing
by Holden, Steinar & Riis, Christian